1.29/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 17, 2018

356 Affordable Dentures Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 17, 2018

They never call. I ordered economy plus and it's been 10 months...nothing. I understand I had 10 bottom teeth pulled but site says 3-6 months and it's been 10... Seems like they got their $. Now we ain't important.

Original review: April 16, 2018

We are very disappointed today. I hate putting our dirty laundry on Facebook but if it can help someone else then it is worth it. A little over 1 yr old Evan started his journey to a beautiful smile at Affordable Dentures in Cedar Rapids. His teeth were bad and made him very self-conscious. We went in and were presented a set of packages, we choose the second least expensive, Economy Plus. In buying this package we had $3800 tied up in teeth. This had to be paid in advance before they would do any work at all. This paid for teeth extraction, a set of temporary teeth to wear while the swelling went completely down (1 yr) and then he would receive his permanent teeth after 1 yr. Everything had to be paid for upfront.

On Friday Affordable Dentures called to confirm his appointment for today. While on the phone they informed Evan we owed $193. Evan said no we paid upfront. They say no this is our balance. We have received no bills over the last year. Anyone that knows me knows I am anal about paying bills. Well on Friday Evan had 3 conversations with Affordable Dental and the bill changed with each call. So onto today... We had to be in Cedar Rapids at 7am. Evan works tonight so we drove up last night and stayed here in town. He is at his appointment at 7 and back to the hotel room at 8:30am. No new teeth. The bill is now almost $900. They say we did not buy a package, that he now needs to buy a package. If we do not pay 900 then no teeth. Evan had to pay the money. He is getting his teeth.

I called the main office to request all of Evan's past and present paperwork be sent home with him. They said they do not have it but the office he is at should have it. Called Evan and told him I needed him to bring all this paperwork home with him. I am betting we get no paperwork. I will be going home to see if I can find the folder with his paperwork but I am betting it is gone. I am pretty sure hubby had it and WELLL he is not the best at keeping track of stuff. DO NOT GO TO AFFORDABLE DENTURES. This is getting very expensive. I am disappointed and disgusted. With myself and this crappy business.

Get expert buying tips about Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Hello, I hate to leave a bad review about anything but I started my "new teeth" adventure in May 2017, my husband had paid upfront for the ultimate fit package and I was 100% sure there were no teeth solid enough to leave in my mouth, but, they (Dr **) & Staff did. I feel from what was told to me by the Dr., the bottom front 6... they are absolutely not supposed to be in my mouth and after the horrible almost year of no teeth except for the rotted bottom and being told one thing yet getting the exact opposite when the appointment took place and at the end of the journey to get my permanent's on top and a very sketchy partial which had already poked a hole through the enamel on my own tooth, repeated calls and in person visit being told that I "had to wait until they fall out"..??!! REALLY?!

I have never had teeth in my mouth to eat properly and I had waited a long time for the dentures, to be treated like I'd not paid a dime yet I had paid upfront in full?! I am not able to get past the very rude phone answerer "Phyllis", nor do I care to at this point. I really wanted to give them a awesome review yet, in fairness to the next person who is like me, I say to you... GO TO ANOTHER DR!!! This place has been a long unfunny joke, I have a beautiful set of top teeth I'm so proud of that I can't wear without discomfort in my bottom front teeth that were too "much to deal with"?!!!

This point is not worth your time money or sanity! They think I will be back to have them do my bottom set... NOT EVEN CLOSE! My husband has to have his done yet was treated with respect only by the overzealous "phone answerer" & overall I wish I had gone to the one in Denton, Texas because they are giving. The Wichita Falls, Texas branch is a joke! I am highly disappointed and frustrated and disgusted by the entire process but mainly because of the branch I went to.

Original review: April 12, 2018

We paid for extraction and dentures and it was for 2 sets one to wear until gums heal and so we did but it took so much time because they said not ready on gums. This went on & on and then they would NOT answer their phone when we called for the permanent set (we paid for) and they would not return messages. So 2 years have gone and I am left with the first set used until gum set and they are awful and this place is in Odessa, Texas. They are cheats and liars.

Original review: April 11, 2018

WORST PLACE IN THE WORLD TO GO TO BELIEVE ME. 1 YEAR AGO 04/09/2017 THEY PULLED 8 TEETH. That's where everything started to go south. I purchased the ultimate dentures. So first you start off with economy set. 5 plates later nothing fit, Some bizarre looking teeth. One set the mid-line was very crooked. What a joke. (It looked as I was walking sideways.) I kept hearing different excuses on why they did not fit. Some blamed my jaw bone (which is not unique). Some blamed the lab. One of the dentists said on plated number 3 before it came out of the cup, "Oh good JR made them," so of course I asked, he said "when things come out of the lab with the initials JR on them I can breathe easier." I'm thinking, "Great only 1 guy in the lab who does a good job."

I also was assured that the ultimate plate would be so different. SAME CRAP JOB OR EVEN WORSE... I never got to pick out the teeth like they said I would be able to. NOTHING is as you are told. I did receive a partial refund big ** deal. One year of major stress over 20 visits out $1900. I went to Comfort Dental on Lomas. They made me a plate that looks and feels Perfect. On the first try. I did find out Affordable Dentures does not custom fit dentures. They have 3 mold sizes small, medium & large and depend on relines to fill the gap. So people save yourself suicidal thoughts from all the stress they put you through. Go elsewhere!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Affordable Dentures?

Original review: March 29, 2018

Went in Affordable Dentures in Covington Louisiana off Pinnacle Parkway to have upper and lower partial repaired. Was told I needed new ones and two teeth extracted. I did need two teeth pulled so dentist gave me antibiotics and told me to come back in a couple of days so I did. The extraction hurt really bad even though my mouth was numb. The next morning once the numbness wore off I realized dentist had pulled one of the wrong teeth. He pulled a wisdom tooth that wasn’t bothering me. Went to office to complain then went to my dentist who cleans my teeth and he told me that the dentist at Affordable Dentures should have never tried to pull my wisdom tooth. That an oral surgeon should have done that. I was in so much pain my blood pressure was super high. Dentist at Affordable Dentures only gave me ** 800 mg so my regular dentist had to give me pain medication once my mouth was healed.

I put my upper and lower partials in. Went to eat and top ones were so loose I almost swallowed them. A few days later I was taking bottom partial out and it broke in two. Went the next day for them to repair them and dentist at Affordable Dentures told me I needed another wisdom tooth pulled. I told him he wasn’t pulling another tooth of mine so partial was repaired and 3 days later I was taking it out and it broke again.

Today March 27 2018 I went back for them to fix them again and he had his nurse tell me he would not fix them again until I had that wisdom tooth pulled. A tooth that is not bothering me. Then tonight I took upper partial out and wire to hold it in broke. In the meantime earlier today when I was at Affordable Dentures I ask for a refund for my bottom partial. Was told that corporate would have to ok a refund. Called corporate today and they told me it was up to the Affordable Dentures place that I went to refund me my money so the Affordable Dentures lied just to get me out of there because I was very upset. I will be consulting my lawyer tomorrow. If I would have read the reviews I would have never set foot in that place. Read the reviews. They are absolutely a nightmare.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I had the procedure done about 5 years ago and I'm down to one implant left. After the other 3 failed, I can say that one of them was my fault but the others I just feel were not seated properly and from what I researched I think 2 of my implants the dentist burned the bones so they inevitably failed. In fact the 1st one failed within 6 months and I knew walking out the day of the procedure something wasn't right with it but I was told it was just "healing".

Fast forward to today cause I need to have my bottoms all ripped out and the same thing done. I come to find a new dentist has taken over and they yanked the license of the guy who did mine which makes me think should I try the legal route because of what happened? Cause now the new dentist wants me to basically get a whole new full mouth of dentures and all new implants, and this was after paying almost 8k out of my pocket as I don't have insurance. So basically 5 years later have nothing to show but a clip on denture that's only held in with 1 implant now and a whole lotta glue.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Went in to get my dentures to get repaired and realigned. They said they did repair but all they did was buff the gums and make them shinny, did not do a realign. The doctor and both nurses argued with me about what I was there for. Don't know if they heated them up too much but they do not fit at all now. Crooks and scam artists, will never go back.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I did recommend them. But please understand my frustration. Just got 9 teeth extracted in November. Went through a whole bunch of adjusting and was even able just to walk in a few times because I was already in the area. They were starting to fit pretty good. Then the dog ate them!? So I had to buy new ones. Got them made and picked up the next day for them not to fit right. Which I suspect is normal till you get them adjusted just right. Then the dentist gets arrested. Then the office gets shut down.

Call patient services for them to direct me to another AD which is almost two hours away. Drive there for a 7:30 a.m. appt for them to tell me that they aren’t taking any patients from my office that got shut down. But he had went there and helped clean that office and felt bad for me so he went ahead and did the adjustment for me. Went home and called the patient services for them to tell me I can’t go till April 16th. Call the actual office a hundred thousand times to be redirected back to patient services.

Tried today to go to another office even farther away and patient services told me that I had to know the zip code of the office I was trying to schedule an appt with. Hung up. Tried to call the farther away office myself to be redirected back to patient services again. And tell them again what I want to do and with another representative on the phone he knew the number and zip code! Anyway long story short, I’m very flustered! I haven’t even had my hard alignment. I have had one adjustment made on this denture. I am in pain and work with the public. I can’t wait till April 16th for a two minute adjustment.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Disgusted with the service. Went for top denture ended with top and bottom partial, with 7 extractions, the temporary partials poorly made, pinch my cheek. The metal hook on top not lined up to fasten on tooth, crooked and cutting into my lip, $2800 dollars, the dentist shot me up with ** numerous times. No gum numbing prior, had 7 extractions, then told me to come back 4 hours later for the temporary partials, shoved into my mouth, look like baby teeth, not even checking the metal hook lined up with tooth it fastens on, sent me on my way. Said not to take the partials out for 24 hours, they act as a seal to heal. I looked in mirror on the hour ride home, the pinching, tearing of my lip, was already experiencing issues!

The dentist was rough, and just concerned about rushing through it, there was no dental lab for dentures just an employee taking impressions and mixing things upon on counter outside the rooms, I even had to use the suction tool myself as my teeth were being pulled, I have never experienced anything like this in my life! No assistant to dentist, there were three staffed at this office, the dentist, the girl doing impressions, x-rays, and fabrication of partials and dentures, and lady taking appointments, phone calls, and payments. Lots of people in and out for adjustments, which explains a lot.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Affordable Dentures DeSoto, Tx - Dr. Simeon **, DDS & his staff were the absolute worst I've ever had the non privilege of dealing with! I chose the economy dentures for my top denture. I had 2 teeth that were normal extractions yet they charged the $115 complicated extraction charge with NO explanation. The denture that was being replaced was pretty white. When the tech saw it, she immediately said, "your dentures won't be this white!" Now I'm sure if someone was paying for their ultimate package, they could get their dentures as white as they want them!

The absolute worst part of my visit to this dentist was the lack of any empathy to the patient in his chair, ME! As he was injecting meds to numb the area around the 2 teeth to be extracted, I was literally screaming & fighting to get out of the chair! Wouldn't that give any caring doctor cause to stop? No! This dentist never spoke any kind words in my worst nightmare sitting in a dental chair with him driving my pain!! His dental assistant was just as bad! "Keep your mouth open, Ma'am!"

When the horrific extractions were completed, the "so-called dentist, Dr. Simeon **, DDS," inserted the new denture in my mouth & left the room without a word spoken to me. The blindfold kept in place, my tears of pure anguish & terror pouring down my face, was finally removed. I ran out of this office as fast as I could!! I sat in my car for a good 15 minutes screaming in agony & total terror of what had just happened to me. My daughter, who drove me to this appointment, trying to understand me in the hysterical status I had been driven to by this dental experience.

I am diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, depression & anxiety. This so called doctor took none of that into consideration in caring for me. If you have childhood or past bad dental experiences, this is the last place to choose for dental care!! I only write this review to prevent anybody else from experiencing such horrible treatment. The staff of this office is rude & uncaring! It's not about good dental care. It's about the all mighty dollar.

Original review: March 9, 2018

My husband had 3 teeth extracted, or was supposed to be extracted, the dentist broke the tooth off and put stitches around it. She inserted dentures over it that were way too large, did not fit then nor 1 week later still does not. They told him they were temporary and to wear them and come back in 6 months for the permanent set. Then he discovers that the tooth is still there just broken off at the level of the gum. When she was pulling them it was very painful to him and she was so rough with him. I paid over $1800.00 for this and he still has broken teeth in his mouth and dentures he cannot wear. I don't know what to do about this and would take suggestions on how to get my money back. Don't go to Affordable Dentures in Mesquite Texas. It was an old ** lady that did this. Never saw Dr. **.

Original review: March 4, 2018

The dentist was not professional. He got mad because I didn't get the dental package. Then he ground my bottom dentures almost to the tooth. I will not be able to wear them long. Then I will have to get a new set before my mouth heals all the way.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I was in and taken care of in a friendly kind manner. While they move pretty fast, they offer great service. This is my first replacement denture in 22 years. For the first time I don't have to use anything to keep them in. They were great and I will go back.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I purchased my dentures from Affordable Dentures about 3 years ago after breaking my lower plate in half. I have had several sets of dentures over the years wearing them for 10 to 15 years for each set. I purchased them from local dental offices. I went to Affordable Dentures as their ads stated they repair broken dentures. I found out they only repair their own dentures. I had to buy new dentures. They start me off with the "economy" grade and told me they may not be able to make them fit properly and suggested I take the next up. I did and they were miserable. The fit was awful on the bottom plate. Adjustments after 30 days were $25.00 and after numerous visits and months I adjusted them myself which took awhile. I finally got them right and I broke a tooth. They repaired it free because it was less than a year, almost a year later I broke a different tooth which cost $115.

This time, less than a year later, I broke the same tooth repaired the first time, another $115. I called for an appointment and had to wait a week. I got there and I never saw the dental tech. I stood at the desk, in public, told to remove my dentures and put them into a bin in front of everyone in the office. I have been married 47 years and my wife has seen me without my teeth only a few times when I was sick. At any rate, I was told they would be done at 3:45 and asked to come inside to the side of the desk where they charged $115. Pay in private but remove your teeth in public. At Affordable Dentures, the patient is a number, nothing more or less. When I tried to talk to them about this being the third tooth breaking, they said sorry but $115. When I said I would not be back for new dentures they said "sometimes that happens. See you at 3:45". There is no customer service, only a number.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

01/25/2018 - First of all I feel I was overdosed when having the six extractions done, I did not wake up for over 24 hours. I told the tech this and was told this happened to some people. I was in so much pain I have had several teeth removed in the past many more than 6 and never felt pain like this. On 01/29/2018 I went in and I was told I was just healing, we tried these so called temporary dentures that were so big I couldn't get in my mouth. 02/06/2018 I went back still in so much pain. Have not ate anything besides smashed potatoes, and cream of wheat since the start of this whole thing. I had so many pieces of bone sticking out of my gums it was very painful just touching my mouth. On 02/09/2018 3 days later I went it for a alveoloplasty. This is when they split your gums open and shave the bone straight or so I thought wrong, but the pain of bone sticking out of my gums was gone.

On 02/13/2018 I went in to have the last stitch removed and to have another temporary made, the impression was taken only of the lower. They stated the top was perfect. Just needed adjusting. I was told to come back in about an hour and a half for try on. When I came back in they put this thing in my mouth that no way fitted. The left side was on a downhill slope. Teeth not aligned at all. The Dr. came in looked at the teeth and put more stuff on it to build it up. I guess that's what he did. I was then told to come back later that afternoon to pick up the temporary. Guess what? There was no way these so called temporaries were going to fit in my mouth. The assistant who I will say is a very sweet lady told me to come back if I needed more adjustments done.

On 02/19/2018 I went to my husband's dentist. Needless to say assembly line dentistry is not for me. To make a long story short I listen to my gut feeling. Going to get a second opinion. I'm scheduled for surgery for a true alveoloplasty to clean up this mess on 02/28/2018, and to place my implants, I was also told that I would not be able to wear any denture for at least 8 weeks to 4 months. I will also add you get what you pay for. Instead of this costing me $7,658.00 it is now over $12,000.00. I will see if I can get the money I paid up front for the dentures back. One last thing if this is how I was treated paying top dollar, how are the people who can only afford the cheapest denture, and have no other choice being treated.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

They are not good at what they are doing!!! They made my new dentures and the two front teeth on top are not centered and when they had me go through the whole process again it still wasn’t right!!! This is absolutely ridiculous!!! And three times now they can’t get my dentures right!!! I purchased the ultimate fit dentures and they are not cheap!!! I have had to get ugly with them and I just am not happy with these people!!! And they could care less! The person in charge of this place won’t even come and talk to me face to face!!! This has become one big nightmare!!!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

First of all I went to an office in Pleasant Prairie, WI, they give you their speak. The dentist tells me they will make the plates and if you are not satisfied they will correct them. If you still aren't satisfied with them they will make you knew. Horrible office, they had no tech to make them because he quit or got fired. They had a temp in there which she was nice and helped me with what I wanted (it is my mouth after all). After my permanent ones were made she went back to where she came from and the tech made them way too large, I couldn't even close my lips together, the right front tooth was made right in the middle of my mouth which made me look like a rabbit. I was so aggravated with them that I told them I would sue them, they immediately gave me my money back.

After all that I went to the original place which is in Milwaukee, WI, I had a partial made years prior, same speech and all the mumbo jumbo. The top teeth turned out nice, they apparently can't work from scratch because they used my crappy dentures that were years old. I forgot to mention so did the last place, my old dentures were way too small and on a slant and completely crooked.

Anyways they promised me they would make it correct that they were just using them because they would get a better impression. Wrong. The bottom teeth came out exactly like the old set except straighter than the old ones. They were still too small and didn't match up to the top teeth which cause an overbite. Horrible work and I've been back twice, the dentist wouldn't even listen to me and insisted that's how they should be. Also said he would not make me a new bottom denture and told me he would refund me. Apparently they should change their slogan to here's your money back because we aren't going to replace your dentures. Worst place and experience I've ever had in a dental office, I will be contacting their corporate office and see if I can speak to someone concerning the process they go through. Please take my advice and do not go there in the first place!!!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I haven't gotten any work done yet. I need 17 complex extractions which wasn't even covered by my 1500 dollar allowance with Delta Dental PPO. I was shown videos by a woman who barely spoke English and kept repeating herself. She tried to convince me, by showing me images that scared the hell out of me, that if I didn't get what turned out to be cosmetic bone grafts my face would basically look like that of a 60 yr old within a year. That would have been 4 times 200 bucks a pop; $800 I don't have. We didn't discuss alveoloplasty and it is included in my estimate approved by insurance. That also puts me over budget and I have been wearing a lower partial for a year; my gums feel smooth. This is for immediate dentures and I had no idea I could have the procedure done later if I end up needing it and have researched the topic and not everyone does.

I am thinking this is standard, just as the way Aspen Dental operates with their toothbrush and double cleaning. Now, I am a very anxious patient with a low pain tolerance. My only sedation option is ** and the dentist, as many in NY, does not want to prescribe pain meds. One I had contacted previously but cost too much said ** was offered. This lady said ** and **. Hell no. I have a bad back and I get nothing for that and am given the same advice and use ** for quality of life. I read heavy painkillers are prescribed the first few days with this procedure. If I need it, I will get it done later at a place that offers IV sedation and pain meds afterward, not when there is greater risk of dry socket. I would end up in agony and I would have to wait until the beginning of April if I sprung for this at the time of extraction as well. I want my damn teeth already.

Updated on 02/26/2018: Assistant really should speak and understand better English considering how much responsibility she is given. Receptionist is Jekyl/ Hyde. My 17 teeth were extracted Friday. Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday could not get them to stay put; were way too loose. Bone spur was taken care of and the dentist is nice overall. They tried to use one of my 2 relines covered for 5 years today at my post OP appt. Don't know how they managed it but I ended up with a severe overbite and donkey teeth so they removed the relines. Assistant put a bunch of Fixodent inside the teeth. I have struggled about 5 times a day for 20 minutes a stretch so they would stay in place.

I was told come back tomorrow after over 2 hours, crying my eyes out, and having hard plastic crammed into my gums over and over while I was assured by the staff they looked fine but I looked like I was beaten with an ugly stick. Dentist could see places they are crooked and will remake them but I was told to keep them in until next Tuesday when I go back. Had to take the bottoms back out an hour ago. They are way too long and hurt like hell in front; whose gums extend that far down?!? Hope this doesn't happen all over again next week. Is worse than the actual extractions!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I called Affordable Dentures and asked if they were an in network provider for my dental plan. They said they were and I made an appointment. When I arrived I spent over an hour being examined and getting Xrays and when finished I was told they didn't take insurance at all... I said, "I called you and you said you did." They completely denied it. Their prices are pretty good but how can you trust a company that lies to you?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I took my partial in to replace a small front tooth that I had broken over Thanksgiving. After the X-ray was completed the partial was fitted. All was well. I came back at 2 pm, not only did it not fit I don't think it was mine. It was too big for my mouth after several grinding by the tech! The Dr did not have the professional courtesy to talk to me. He sent messages via the tech! The only solution was to refit the partial in the amount of $270.00, leaving me without a front tooth. This Port St. Lucie Fl office should be investigated by the appropriate federal or state agency. My advice to others is to find another office for all your dental needs.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Had appointment for 8:30. Receptionist said we didn't. Still had call in my phone. Then waited over 1 hr and got up and left. Receptionist was unpleasant to my husband. What is an appointment for?? This was our first and only visit. Never again.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Went into get dentures relined after their kiln warped my dentures then they were all crooked. Went back to get them fixed and was told they would not reline them again because materials and process costed too much. Was told to wear them another six months till I get my permanent dentures.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I have contacted a lawyer. I tried to get satisfaction from Dr. **, Philadelphia, PA. Her office staff and she were rude and I am still without teeth. I work for a living on the phone. I went because their ad was 24 hours. I knew it would take a while for my bottom to heal. The first time the teeth were crooked. The second time, after waiting an hour (I had an appointment) they were still crooked. The third time after being told to come an hour earlier than my appointment. And being made to wait that extra hour, they are still crooked. Or are they the same teeth, the Dr. disappears with the teeth and comes back with the new ones. I put the 4186 on credit card, to pay it off when done. The last comment Dr. ** made was, "It could take 16 times to get them right" and after 100 days they charge for any adjustment.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I have been a denture wearer for 30 years. I have had good results from the practice in Columbia, MO, for 7 years. But when they raised their prices, I went to a practice in Sullivan, MO, which is 82 miles and an hour and 45 minutes from my home. Worth the drive to save a few hundred dollars, right? Wrong! On day 7 of the new dentures, they have a hole in the palate area. I never saw the dentist (Christopher **) although in my experience the dentist will typically look at your gums to ensure they are healthy. The tech who worked with me was bossy, rude, and refused to listen to me, even though my 30 years as a denture wearer surely qualify me to understand the process of being fitted for new dentures, to know when something is wrong, and to offer an educated opinion regarding the fitting and making of MY dentures.

When I was fitted with the wax try-in dentures, I told her they were too big and explained exactly where they needed to be smaller. She said, “Oh, these are just the try-ins, they don't mean anything.” Well, yes, they do. They are what the lab uses as the model for your dentures. While the wax model will obviously not fit exactly like your finished dentures, they should be close - not too large and painful when inserted. When the final dentures were done, they were of course much too large, and she hurt me when she shoved them into my mouth. She spent a minimum of 20 minutes filing them down where I told her they were wrong on the wax model. It's the wax you fix BEFORE you make the dentures. That's the entire point of the wax model. When the dentures were finally finished I told her there was a spot on the palate that was much too thin.

She said, “You have a Tori (it's a bony protrusion in the roof of the mouth; the roof of my mouth is just made a little weird) and if we make that part any thicker you'll have a huge bubble back there”. Well, that's not true, as for the past 30 years, I have had dentures made that are magically able to accommodate the Tori without a huge "bubble". Since she would not send the teeth back to the lab to have this thin spot reinforced, there is a hole in the exact spot I TOLD her was too thin. I have been wearing them for 7 days. She also sold me a "comfort liner" for the bottom teeth (an extra $165) that she applied after the teeth were made. She did an incredibly sloppy job; the liner is smeared all over the outside of the denture, and there's a spot in the back that wasn't smoothed down and is now an irritant.

I cannot tell the difference between my old dentures without the "comfort liner" and these - none at all. Since these ($1,060) dentures are now broken after 7 days of wear, I have to miss another full day of work, drive an hour and forty-five minutes (one way) to start all over again. In my experience, they will not be able to simply fix the hole, they will have to make an entirely new set of teeth, which means another 12 hours (counting driving time) wasted on them. I am so incredibly upset and angry over this experience. I want everyone to know that not all Affordable Dentures practices are the same. I will never use this one again, and will certainly never recommend it to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I went to the Affordable Dentures in Conover N.C. the consultations weren’t that bad bc you deal with techs and so far they have been the nicest. But I have been back 3 times to finally get my dentures. They are flat out too big and make it look like I have one of those mouthguards in that sports players wear. They keep saying it’s because my gums are swollen but it’s not true. My gums had shrank so much in 5 days I had to get new molds made.

They just try to shuffle you out like cattle. The doctor (Dr. **) blows off everything you say and doesn’t act like she wants to be in the room more than 5 minutes. Now after almost 2 weeks my gums are still hurting and large chunks of tooth are starting to break through my gums. Also they left other teeth fragments in my mouth making my gums hard in places and dentures impossible to wear. So they didn’t even get all of my teeth out. I have never been so dissatisfied with a place in my life. I’m returning my dentures and I will never go back again.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I went to their office at Fort Wayne, IN to get a new upper partial. The receptionist was pretty friendly but the tech and the dentist were rude and totally unfriendly. I had to have impressions taken twice. I got my partial the same day. It is absolutely huge and I can keep it in my mouth. I would have to use a whole tube of Fixodent to keep it there. My teeth don't meet the partial. I tried to tell the tech the spots that hurt and she said she fixed it but she didn't smooth it out so it was rubbing against the roof of my mouth. I am so angry. I have tried to talk to their customer service complaint area but they don't call back. I just want my money back.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

On 10/30/2017 appt 8 to 830 am. To get fitted for new dentures first time to this office. I was fitted and asked to come back later that day by 330. So since I live 80 miles away I went to waste time. I came back at 330. They told me they tried calling me to ask me to come after 5. The lab was having trouble and very behind. I said I will wait. So when they were ready I went back. The girl that was putting them in my mouth. I told her right away my teeth feel crooked inside. Top and bottom is hurting bad. So she takes out bottom grinds it, telling me to reinsert. I replied, "There's grit inside." She acts like I was wasting her time. She goes and rinses off. I ask, "Can you at least put powder to help hold? They are wiggling." She did. Well as soon as I got down the highway they were loose again. This is very unhealthy. I was told by her before I left give it 3 to 4 days to adjust. So I did. I called. Made appt on to get them readjusted.

I went in and this lady that helped me was nice but I felt very uneased, I told her my teeth are not correct. She said where. I said bottom hurts bad and top feels weird so she takes bottom out. After I point out the spot on 1 place she goes and buffs it down. Said it won't poke my mouth since she did. I showed her the difference in my old teeth and these. She said, "Well I can't do these like that. You are going to have to use adhesive constantly to hold in place." I never showed her defective top because how I was just brushed off.

When I got home I called the main office. Filed a complaint. Told them I want my refund, I cant wear these and according to warranty guarantee. I am very displeased. My top denture where the 2 front teeth are my gums are sitting on that, no cushion and the middle of denture that has the v in front is way off to the EYE tooth (not in center). I am so tired of driving 160 round trip just to get a runaround and laughed at and treated disrespectfully and hearing nothing but Spanish speaking to each other. And since then I have closed my credit card after it went through.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I am retired and live on Social Security and odd jobs so money is always short. I went to AD for a couple extractions and a lower partial. During the exam and initial treatment the dentist (Rebecca **) was very rough and acted like there was a very limited time she could bother with me. The injections to numb my mouth are very painful for me. The dentist actually had me in a headlock and kept giving me injection after injection (5 in total) non stop despite my objections and request to stop for a moment so I could breathe.

I went back there today because the temporary partial was cutting into my gums and creating ulcers at the points of contact. When I called for my appointment I also let them know that the partial didn't fit and kept falling out. The office staff suggested that I use the fixative they supplied. When I arrived there this morning the dentist started cleaning the adhesive from my mouth very roughly, including the areas where ulcers developed and my gum started to bleed from the rough treatment.

When I objected to the rough treatment she replied that I shouldn't use the fixative when coming in for an appointment. I told her that staff and suggested it and she basically called me a liar and kept up the rough cleaning. Time will tell if the permanent partial will fit and how much agony is yet to come. The person should not be a dentist, and is too rough to be a car or truck mechanic.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I Took my 83-year-old Mother, to Affordable Dentures in Myrtle Beach. She needed a few (5 or 6) teeth pulled and then dentures. Today marked her 8th or 9th trip there. Without a doubt, this is the worst run Healthcare office that I’ve ever visited. Unprofessional, rude, ignorant... and that’s just the Doctor. He spoke so rudely to my mom when she was in the chair, that I told him, “Don’t talk to my Mom like that. You are so disrespectful and ignorantly rude.” I thought about telling her... “Let’s get out of here.” If I had known the level of incompetence and rudeness that we were to encounter over the next few visits, we would have ran out of there. The Dr has no patience or respectfulness in his chair side manner. He was in such a rush and it was evident in all his behavior. Condescending, smart-ass remarks. No compassion. No concern. They schedule 6 or more patients at the same time. We had to wait 2-3 hours, for her to be seen every time.

While you’re in the waiting room the rude brash receptionist keeps her sliding window open, so no privacy as the patients check out. Everyone in waiting room hears everything between receptionist and patients, as well as her conversations on the phone. Once in exam room A saleswoman comes into the exam room, (none with doors, all just cubbyholes off the hallway.) I think doors would just slow down the employees running in and out. She explained all the different plans, and Mom spent over $1200 to get temporary dentures right away, then permanent ones later. Such crappy looking dentures, with a terrible fit. She had nothing but problems. They’ve relined and adjusted them a few times, but the dentures and other materials are so shoddy, that any benefits from the procedures only last a few days. If you want an inferior set of dentures, be sure to visit them.

If you like being treated rudely by a staff that hates their jobs and the company that employs them, be sure to visit. If you like waiting 3 hours AFTER your scheduled appointment, they will accommodate. Today, we waited 3 hours again, then after she went back, they told her they couldn’t do anything to help her with the terrible dentures. Mom, finally fed up with their tactics, told them she wanted a refund of her package. They would only refund $200 even though she still had not received her permanent teeth. They kept over $500 of her money and charged her $30 today for telling her that can’t do anything.

When I commented on how unprofessional their practice was... I was told to go outside with a rude hand gesture. My mom made a comment about the rudeness of the staff, and the receptionist told her she could just go stand outside and wait. Neither of us left until they gave her a pitifully small percentage refund. Mom said she was glad to pay $500 to have nothing further to do with them. OMG. Don’t go to this business location. Go to an actual Dentist that has no corporate ties. AVOID Myrtle Beach Affordable Dentures. Shaking my head.

Affordable Dentures expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Affordable Dentures and Implant Solutions was established by three dentisits in Kinston, North Carolina in 1975. The dental practice set itself apart by offering same-day service. Now, there are more than 220 affiliated practices in the United States.

• On-site denture lab: All Affordable Denture practices have a denture lab on site, which means consumers can get their dentures or crowns faster than they could at practices where dentures must be ordered.

• Options: Affordable Dentures offers several types of dentures, including partial dentures, and multiple kinds of dental implants. The choices allow patients to select the quality and look of dentures they want at a price within their budget.

• Insurance information: Not all Affordable Dental locations accept the same insurance plans. Interested patients can visit company’s website to find the nearest location and see which dental insurance plans that particular practice accepts.

• Clear fees: Interested patients can see Affordable Dental and Implant Solutions’ fees and costs on each practice’s website. Customers can contact individual practices for questions about costs, financing and insurance.

• Special offers: All locations regularly have special offers to lower patients’ out-of-pocket cost. Consumers can visit the website for the location nearest them to see a list of special offers.

• Best for: patients who need help choosing the best denture for their needs or anyone who wants their dentures quickly.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs