4.0/5 (658 ratings)

Looking for a dental insurance plan

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Affordable Dentures Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Affordable Dentures?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Affordable Dentures?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

They made my teeth 3 times. I refused them. I told them to refund my insurance co. They have sent paperwork in 3 times and 3 times it has been wrong. Stupid people? I ride them like a horse. I advise everyone not to go there.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

Dr. ** recommended dentures pulling half my teeth out wrong! Had implants. They fell out. Final denture oversized, fake white & broke first week. He's refusing to help with additional cost. He's not so friendly now at my expense.

Get buying tips about Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

I paid 6,000 for two implants and dentures. And they fall out of my mouth. They won't fix them. They want to charge me again. Aren't they supposed to care about your smile. Yeah right. I want a new set of dentures with my implants intact. I got tired of getting the runaround. But I want a better life. I wanna eat real food. But I can't if these crappy teeth fall out. Come on Affordable Dentures show me you care.

Original review: July 26, 2022

Affordable Dentures in Bakersfield, Ca is a SCAM!!! I went to them to replace dentures I had gotten a few weeks earlier, that did not fit. The dentist used that old denture as an impression tray for the new dentures. When I asked why use a denture that does not fit, I was told it would be fine, the basic shape of my mouth was in the old denture and any flaws would be filled in with the impression paste. NEEDLESS TO SAY, the new dentures hurt worse than the old. I had several adjustments nothing helped.

After two weeks trying to wear these teeth, my mouth had sores that were bleeding and my left upper mouth felt numb. I returned to the office, when I told the dentist it was impossible for me to wear the dentures. He did not ask me what was wrong, he turned to his assistant and told her keep the teeth, give her a refund and he left the room. At this point I wanted to cry, I had not asked for a refund, I wanted him to make dentures that fit properly.

I had purchased the ultimate fit package which was $3,000 the refund was 70% of that amount. The sign in the front office says Satisfaction Guaranteed! To me, that means a full refund if they can't deliver satisfactory results. This was the worst experience I have had with a dentist, that was 2 weeks ago, wearing no teeth my mouth still feels numb. Scheduling appointment with oral surgeon to check for nerve damage. I feel the dentist was very rude and cold, in that profession they should realize how much pain a person suffers with dentures that are not properly fitted. Have some compassion Please!

Original review: June 19, 2022

I paid 6k for dentures with two year warranty. The top denture was broken when I got my dentures. The assistant said these are starters and not my permanent set. The bottom set continually aggravated my mouth to the point I could not wear them. I went for adjustment at 1yr and assistant cut down top denture so far that my smile was hardly noticeable. At 2yr, the office did not honor the warranty. I now have a broken set of dentures I cannot wear. These people ripped me off.

Original review: June 6, 2022

I had my extractions done in July 2021 (at an oral surgery center that offered general anesthesia instead of a local numbing agent) and was given my post-op dentures made by Affordable Dentures the same day. Please note the first date: July 2021. I live almost 1 hour away from Affordable Dentures in Overland Park, KS. That is a 2 hour round trip plus the time spent at the clinic. Since that time, it has been an awful, long, and drawn-out series of endless appointments. The post-op dentures did not fit correctly. At all. After my gums healed from the extractions, I began the series of appointments at AD in Overland Park, complaining about the fit. They attempted to make adjustments and add soft-liners - all to no avail. These dentures would not stay in my mouth regardless of what adhesive I tried, visits to the clinic, etc.

If I coughed, sneezed, or laughed, the denture just popped out of my mouth, usually catching them in my lap. How embarrassing. Forget about attempting to chew food with them. Dr. ** finally explained that it could take up to 6 months for my gums to heal from the extractions and during that time my gum tissue would begin retracting, making my initial dentures more difficult to wear. I was not informed of this prior to my extractions. So, for 6+ months, I had no dentures because they were not created properly and could not be worn. Eating only soft foods for that duration and enduring the look of a mouth lacking all of my teeth was not pleasant.

Finally, at about the 7 month mark, I was ready to start the process of getting my implants. I ended up with two in the front on the lower part only. Then, I had to wait another 4-6 weeks for those to heal and settle properly. At that point, I went back for an appointment where impressions were taken for my permanent dentures. I had purchased their best denture (3D printed or something), thinking that they would be better built. Then I was sent home. For some reason, I thought I would get my dentures the same or next day. Not so. I had to wait another two weeks for them to arrive. Yet another appointment to come in - this time the fit was tested. They did not fit correctly (surprise!) and the front middle upper tooth was off center, giving an odd look to them when I smiled. The Dr. also noticed that that bite was completely off. So he decided to send them back to the lab to get them corrected for the front center tooth only.

Another two weeks pass and the corrected dentures are back and ready for another fitting test. This time the front middle tooth was actually on center, but the bite still was not right. Of course it was my fault because of the way I was holding my jaw when impressions were made. Please keep note of the date here: Mid to late April/first part of May 2022. The Dr. told me to go ahead and wear the ill-fitting dentures for “two weeks or so” and see how they feel. I was sent home again after that. Another two weeks passed and it was time for another appointment. Still complaining that the dentures did not fit together correctly because of the mismatched bite, the Dr. took another look, testing the bite pattern with something like carbon copy paper. I think at this point they also did another set of impressions. Then I was told to go ahead and wear them for another “2 weeks or so” and come back.

Now we are well into May 2022 and it has been 10 months with no teeth and only soft foods. In my irritation, I told both the receptionist and the dentist that I would have thought a $6000 pair of dentures would at least fit. Also come to find out that when I attempted to bite off something with my front teeth (in the dentures), both the upper and lower rocked forward, leaving a gap between the dentures and the back of my gums - allowing food to enter those crevices. When I explained that issue to the Dr., he then told me that I would not be able to use the front teeth of bite off something, that I would need to use the side teeth (incisors) to bite off food (like a candy bar, crackers, cheeseburger, etc.) because I only had two implants in the bottom to secure the bottom set. I was ready to explode!!! At no time was I warned about this complication and I was not given a choice as to how many implants I could have.

When I left that day, I was told that I would receive a phone call when the new wax try-in dentures were finished so I could come back yet again for a wax fitting. I could expect to wait 2 weeks from that day (5/11/22) for them to arrive. Because of a full schedule, my next appointment was scheduled for 5/27/22 at 9:30 AM. I received a call from the office on 5/27/22 ONE HOUR before my appointment, stating that my appointment needed to be rescheduled because the lab had not finished the wax try-ins. Because of scheduling (schedule was full), I had to reschedule for 6/3/22 for the wax fitting.

At that point, the Dr will again take bite tests using his special paper and see overall how the wax dentures look and feel. IF everything goes OK at this Friday’s appointment, my new actual dentures will be ordered and I’ll have to wait yet another 2+ weeks (depending on scheduling) before I received them - so I’ll have to make ANOTHER appointment. Based on this timeline, I will not see my new, new dentures until at least June 17, 2022. 11 months without teeth and no solid food. However, if the brand new dentures do not fit correctly, we start this process over yet again. I have lost complete faith in this company. Between the workmanship and the sheer number of appointments it takes just to get one issue taken care of is beyond ridiculous. The staff is courteous, especially the assistants. I give them 5 star. For everything else though, zero stars are not available.

I so very wish I could have gone anywhere else but this establishment for dentures. However, because I am a full-time student working with Vocational Rehabilitation, and Affordable Dentures has the contract with them to be the primary vendor for dentures, I had no choice in the matter. Much like the military, the lowest bid wins. When I reported all of these issues to my VR counselor, I was basically told that VR had held up their part of the bargain by paying all but $1,501 for my dentures. Mind you, even with the $6,000 pair of dentures + the cost of 2 implants, I still will not be able to use my front teeth to take a bite of anything. My wedding is on Labor Day weekend this year. My hope is that I have a well-fitting pair of dentures that are made correctly, but honestly, I’m not holding my breath.

Personally, I would never have chosen Affordable Dentures for my dentures because they are like a Walmart for dentures - poorly constructed, with a very corporate atmosphere and concerned about payment first before services rendered. Additionally, because of not being informed and me not understanding downfall of only having 2 implants in the front only would cause, I would have asked for my implants so that my dentures (top and bottom) were guaranteed secure. I cannot, in good conscience, recommend Affordable Dentures to anyone based my almost one year experience with them. Stick with a local dentist in a privately owned practice (not a franchise like AD) with a prosthodontist. I am so frustrated and infuriated that I am stuck with AD for this whole process.

I am now on trip #22 to the Overland Park office, hoping to make some kind of advancement towards getting my final dentures. That is nearly $570 in fuel. I found out that it will take at least another 2-4 visits before my final dentures are ready, IF the wax try-ins are a successful fit. If not, we start the entire process all over again. On average across the USA, Affordable Dentures does not have a good reputation. They are known for incompetency, poor workmanship, poor quality control, and inefficiency.

Original review: April 25, 2022

I want to be able to give them a 5 star, at least 4, so far my patience is running out. This is my 2nd wax try-in and it's worst than the 1st. Not sure what happened but I pray that this 3rd visit will be satisfactory and complete.

Original review: March 14, 2022

Went to Douglasville, GA office. During consultation they tried to push me into an upgrade and was very rude when I could not afford to. They left some of my tooth causing a lot of pain. Dentures don't line up with the skin connecting my gum & lip causing it to rip. Office manager said they would not fix them. I spent $1,800 for a horrible experience and product.

Original review: March 14, 2022

I went to Affordable Dentures in Lake Mary Florida because it is supposedly affordable, they gave me a budget, I paid $1,300 and they also sent 2 invoices for $1,500.00 each to my insurance company, the woman working at Affordable Dentures who called me was very rude to tell me that I still owe them more than $500.00, so I am wondering how much this horrible "affordable" denture cost that looks horrible, poor quality denture and is already breaking 6 months later?

Original review: March 12, 2022

My husband went to Affordable Dentures in Lenoir City Tennessee to have a new set of dentures made. He had to return 4 times for adjustments. He missed the warranty period by a couple of days because he has leukemia and getting to their location was not always possible. His dentures were so loose they were falling out of his mouth. They agreed to remake them and we traveled to their location and spent the day waiting for them. The new set were worse than the others but they refused to do anything more for him. He cannot wear them as they rub sores on his gums as they are so loose. He spoke with the dentist, Dr. Boehm, who said there was nothing he would do further for him. Despite contacting the company and being reassured our concerns would be addressed, 6 months later and have heard nothing.

Affordable Dentures author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Affordable Dentures and Implant Solutions was established by three dentisits in Kinston, North Carolina in 1975. The dental practice set itself apart by offering same-day service. Now, there are more than 220 affiliated practices in the United States.

• On-site denture lab: All Affordable Denture practices have a denture lab on site, which means consumers can get their dentures or crowns faster than they could at practices where dentures must be ordered.

• Options: Affordable Dentures offers several types of dentures, including partial dentures, and multiple kinds of dental implants. The choices allow patients to select the quality and look of dentures they want at a price within their budget.

• Insurance information: Not all Affordable Dental locations accept the same insurance plans. Interested patients can visit company’s website to find the nearest location and see which dental insurance plans that particular practice accepts.

• Clear fees: Interested patients can see Affordable Dental and Implant Solutions’ fees and costs on each practice’s website. Customers can contact individual practices for questions about costs, financing and insurance.

• Special offers: All locations regularly have special offers to lower patients’ out-of-pocket cost. Consumers can visit the website for the location nearest them to see a list of special offers.

Affordable Dentures Company Information