Affordable Dentures

Compare Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions

Research top Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Sarah of NC on

I went in for single tooth implant which I started in Nov. 2016. It is now June 8th and still don't have my implant. After already paid 1680.00 And many calls to office with no answer I finally got thru today and was told it will take 895.00 to finish. The advertisement on their website states 1795.00 for single implant. The employees will not answer phones or return calls and it's in Va. Beach Va. and I live in Moyock NC. You go in for dental work and before you leave you pay itemize work of what they did on the implant. So the 1795.00 price is false as you see I've paid 1680.00 and still owe 895.00 that just don't add up to the price that's advertised. I called every day for a month before I finally got someone to answer. Now 7 months later very unhappy with the way they treat their patients.

Mary of VA on

On August 3, 2016 I had nine teeth yanked out of my mouth by "Dr" **. Her lack of compassion and overall attitude was very unprofessional. This experience alone was horrible. Then after waiting for 6 months to get my permanent denture, which they could not do, was another horrible experience. The staff is unprofessional. The overall hygiene of the office should've turned me away immediately but I gave them the benefit of the doubt. Big mistake.

They also don't allow family members back with their patients. Why? Because they have a lot to hide. No running water in the rooms. Overall filth of the rooms. This place should be shut down and Jennifer ** should be put away. The waiting room floor has stains all over the carpet. The one good thing I can say is I found a new dentist. Affordable and extremely great experience and have been able to turn several people away from going to Bedford. I wouldn't let them work on the mouth of a cadaver let alone on anyone I know. What will it take for this place to be shut down. The filth alone should be reason enough to close their doors.

Constance of WI on

I had my teeth pulled and was given temporary dentures. After numerous times of going back with not being able to wear my bottom dentures at all, the dentist was good enough to make me a whole new set of temporary dentures. I have had them for a week. First I told his assistant that the bottom ones don't fit because they stick out on very bottom. Her answer was it is because they are temporary and in order to have them not do that, I would probably have to upgrade from Economy to avoid this when I get my permanent dentures. My mouth literally sticks out on the bottom and is very noticeable. In addition, I cannot eat anything without the bottom ones coming lose and I then have to take them out.

I like the dentist that did my work, but, I feel that the advertising for "Affordable Dentures" is really not true. I wonder if people realize before having work done there that the teeth actually are not good. I say that after talking with numerous people that wear dentures and never had the same problem. In addition, I pointed out an area on my upper left gum line that sticks out. I was told it is bone spurs. I do have discomfort in that area and do not feel it is from the upper denture. I feel like they should be checking more carefully for things that may or may not be right after pulling the teeth. You would think that they would x-ray or something to avoid these problems. I have not called the dentist again because they continue to give me the same answers. I will, of course, have to continue to go there in order to get my permanent teeth and then I still have no guarantee that the bottom won't stick out without paying more. Very unhappy.

Amy of MI on

The staff at Affordable Dentures in Kalamazoo, were so friendly and knowledgeable. I had a tooth extracted and a consultation about possibly getting a partial in the future. The oral surgeon put my fears to rest, and the actual extraction took only took a few minutes.

Katherine of MO on

I finally got the nerve and money to get all my upper teeth pulled and get dentures or implants if possible. I asked the dentist about the implants and he said, "You can't afford them." I was floored by his assumption of my finances. I went in for my appointment after I paid my $1800 dollars. They told me I could have the gas for my nerves when they pulled them. I didn't get the gas, they said while I was in the chair they didn't do gas. So I let them do it anyway. It was the worst experience of my life. I still hear and feel the pain in my sleep. I have the same nightmare over and over about that day.

After several trips to the office for my permanent dentures they didn't fit or look right. The teeth were like baby teeth but stuck out like horse teeth. It made my face look ridiculous. They rubbed sores all over my mouth and is still painful to chew. I can't eat or talk very good and don't want to go anywhere in public. I feel my life is ruined. The decision to go to Affordable Dentures was the worst decision of my life. I tried to get some of my money back but they wouldn't even consider it. That place needs to be shut down before they ruin more lives.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Affordable Dentures?

Gabriela of FL on

I worked at this location faithfully for eight long years as a dental technician, before I was abruptly fired for taking 2 personal days because my 2-year-old son was sick. During those 8 years I went above and beyond the call of duty and was forced to work and do things outside the scope of my job description. Because I am from Peru I was always the one made to clean up the lab, take out the bathroom trash and do other menial things not related to my job. I was talked down to, abused and discriminated against by the management repeatedly and on an ongoing basis. I always tried to take care of the customer by taking my time and making nice dentures that would actually fit and be comfortable but I was always rushed and pushed to just get as many out as quickly as I could, with no regard for the comfort of the patient. I was called horrible names all the time, simply because I wanted the patient to be comfortable and be happy with their dentures.

At one point I actually overheard someone say, "We are here to make money, ** the patient." Then every week they would brag about how much money they made that week, it was disgusting. The dentures I put out are a reflection of my skills and very important to me and the patient but I was never allowed to do my best here. This establishment cares absolutely nothing about the customer and puts profits before patients' well-being. For you to get dentures the dentist will require forced extractions which are usually not necessary. I will be filing a complaint with the Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi and I suggest anyone (customer or employee) who is or has been abused or discriminated against by this office to do the same so that this organization can no longer abuse their patients and employees. The bad reviews here are true! The management here is absolutely horrible and the patients deserve better.

Bambi of GA on

Doesn't matter what "package" you pick, you're paying to NOT wear em! Let me break it down. I received care at the Stockbridge Ga. Location. I haven't even reached the 2 week mark yet and this is horrible! I had to in the day of my surgery for them to adjust them to even fit. They told me to have a seat and they'd call me up. WHAT?! After about 15 to 20 mins, my bf went up and pointed out the fact that I was bleeding and post op and that's when they got me back in a hurry. Another 3 days later I made another appointment for another adjustment. They acted like it was such of an inconvenience to worry with and would barely let me tell her WHERE it was bothering me. She then brought them back, placed them and then when I was saying they still didn't feel right, she wasn't even in the room anymore!

I tried catching another nurse to tell her they still weren't right, she said, "Well hun it's a process and will take some time." I left a little angry, but ok. Now the problem is the sores and cuts in my mouth have gotten worse! So much so that I can't even wear them!! I had an appt. scheduled for tomorrow in Stockbridge, but I actually had to come to Tx for family issues. They assures me that the location here would handle it, now I find out they wanna charge me for an adjustment here!! Such BS for soooo much money!! I will make sure no one I know will ever use Affordable Dentures!!! A call to corp. has been made also.

Donovan of SC on

I went to the Augusta Rd. Greenville office. My appointment time was 8:45. I didn't get seen until almost 10 am. That is the only negative thing I have to say about my experience with Affordable Dentures. I had 19 teeth pulled and purchased immediate dentures to be put in place after my extractions. The dentist was so great, the entire staff at this facility was wonderful. The dentist took his time when extracting my teeth and made sure in every way that I was comfortable and not in pain.

I was a nervous wreck with having so many teeth pulled at one time, the dentist was wonderful. The entire staff was great and very helpful. My whole experience besides the wait time I would have to give 5 stars. Once I received my new dentures I have to. I was very happy with them. They made sure they fit correctly. Also the look and the size of the denture was perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I would definitely recommend them to anyone having teeth pulled and getting dentures.

mark of UT on

I called initially, asked if dentist would waive xray fee if we gave them our business, about 6,000.00, for implant work. Call taker said she would ask dentist, & let me know. Upon arriving a week later for 3:30 appt. I asked if she talked to him. She said "No". This is after driving 25 miles to appt. Salt Lake to American Fork office. She said they frown on that, that accounting dept gets upset if too many adjustments are made. Well, this isn't TOO MUCH, or too many, it's one. Anyway, after sitting there for 35 minutes, 4:05. I told my son (the patient), "Come on, let's go". This is because I witnessed every procedure room full. Clients in each chair. Dentist Adams was back and forth, in and out, seemed to be filing, working on a denture right out in the hallway.

A person came out to waiting room, then called back in patient's room. Another person came in from outside, they were called back for work, while we just watched and waited for our turn. Half hr. later I left with son. Told lady "Call us when you can get us in when you say so. Don't over book!" She said, "You don't need to come back, dentist won't waive the scan, xray cost". That was unprofessional! - and a negative adolescent idiotic comment. Should have apologized for half hr. delay, we got milked into the office with false comments. I realized when seeing hoards of clients, corralled, shuffled and packed in there, this along with her statement, means I will not go back there. If you go there, be prepared for a delay, also personalized service seems a tough call based on my witnessing how crowded it was, and only one dentist from what I saw.

sharon of NY on

My husband had Dr ** from Affordable Dentures located in Rochester NY on Sept 13, 2016 place 4 implants and a full upper denture. The quality of his service was to say the least the poorest quality work we have ever experienced. When we attempted to get help from the dentist our complaints were not given any corrective response until we filed a complaint the local BBB office. A refund is being provided by the dentist from his personal account as he did not want to go thru the corporate office he says because he did not want to delay the refund. I think he wants to avoid the corporate office finding out of his negligence poor customer service.

The pain and discomfort my husband is and has gone thru should never be experienced by another person associated with the Rochester office the Dr should not be allowed to do implants as he does not take the proper care when he is implanting the posts. The two front posts were clearly crooked and the sinus pain and the pressure my husband is still experiencing with the 1 front post is a daily and constant issue. We are now waiting for the refund and the complete set of records to be forwarded to us. We have been waiting since Dec 2016 for a solution to this situation. THIS dentist needs to be held accountable for his neglect and failure of quality service. As you can see the service were paid in full. That is one reason why I feel the dentist did nothing to respond to our numerous complaints and we had to turn to the BBB for help.

David of CA on

04/20/2017. I am a 74 year old man from the last generation which did not have the benefit of fluoridated water and toothpaste and relatively pain free dentistry. I let my teeth get out of control long ago and the chickens finally came home to roost a month or 2 ago. For the last several weeks I have been running an oral pain level, gums and teeth, of about 6-7 on a 1-10 scale with spikes up to about 25 if I ate the wrong thing or let the wrong food touch some of the most ill teeth. It is not the best way to lose weight but it works.

A neighbor had told me about having a great experience with Affordable Dentures in Oregon. Last week I finally got to the point where I knew I had to act, it was not going to get better on its own. No amount of sensitive tooth toothpaste and mouthwash was going to fix the damage. Last Thursday I went to my local dentist who did a thorough exam and recommended a treatment plan which would have cost many thousands of dollars and many hours of dental chair agony. He did give me antibiotics which stopped the worst of the pain after a few days. That visit and estimate really helped me decide how to proceed. The next day I called the nearest AD office about 90 miles from my home in Southern California. They had no appointments available until May. That was not going to work so I called the Sun City, AZ, office and they were able to give me an appointment Monday afternoon with the possibility of extraction and fitting on Tuesday.

Monday morning I drove with a neighbor, Bob, the 275 miles to the Sun City office for a 2:20 PM appointment. They had a crowd on hand and I was taken in a little late. I had the complimentary full mouth x-ray and one of the assistants/technicians came in and helped me solidify my decision to purchase the "Premium" package. In a short time Dr. ** appeared and not only looked me over but made impressions for the dentures as well. I had expected to have that as well as the extractions done the next morning and then to have to hang out the rest of the day until the dentures were ready. Instead they gave me a handful of prescriptions and told me I could come in at 3:30 Tuesday. We got the prescriptions filled at the Safeway Pharmacy next door and had a pleasant dinner, evening and night at and near the motel about 3 miles away from the office.

The next morning during breakfast Affordable Dentures sent me a text saying I could come in at 1:30 PM. I did not see the message until about 11:00 (I had silenced my phone) and called immediately to see if the slot was still open. It was. We went to lunch about noon. I had had a decent breakfast which was my final insult and goodbye to my poor natural teeth. About 12:30 I took the first of the 2 ** (tranquilizer) tablets they had prescribed. My neighbor drove me to the office at 1:30. I took the second ** and they took me in. The doc came in and shot me up. Beyond that it is a blur of sorts. I recall seeing teeth dropped into a plastic cup and having a couple that were not completely numb. When I yelped he immediately numbed them up and soldiered on. At some point someone came in and put dentures in my mouth and sent me on my way with Bob of course at the wheel.

We were home by 10:00. I have no recollection of any significant pain nor do I have any now 30+ hours later. Pain was my biggest fear. I have a low pain threshold and I had mentioned that to him on Monday and he took care of it. Today my face is swollen and places are sore to the touch but I have no serious pain. I have been taking the antibiotics and ** he prescribed but have not had to use the narcotic pain med (fortunately I had some from a prior surgery to use last week). I have had a protein shake, applesauce, chocolate putting, jello, Cream of Chicken soup and have tried to drink extra water although it has been hard to swallow it (especially with pills) because swallowing moves the mouth in some way that causes the bottom denture to hurt the gum more than I want. This is already much better tonight than this morning.

Bottom line? 10 stars out of 5! Great people, a very composed and good doctor and very reasonable prices. Of course I cannot comment on the fit or quality of the dentures although they look and feel fine at present. I had the technician pick the sample color that matched my original teeth. Somebody asked me today why they are so yellow so perhaps over the next 6-12 months before the permanent set is made I will decided to go to a whiter shade. I do not want a sparkling white mouth that glows in the dark but I do not care to have it look like I just smoked a carton of cigarettes either especially since I have not smoked for 30 years.

I will update this or write a new review after I have some experience with actually using the dentures. For the next few days they are mostly decorative. I have been wearing partials for the last 1 1/2 years so my adjustment to them will be a little easier than for a totally greenhorn. The bottom bottom line? Take care of your teeth but if you do meet my fate and require dentures these people are highly professional, affordable and do it right! 10 STARS!

Delores of LA on

Beware of the false advertisement that (Affordable Dentures) advertise. The advertisement is packed with a bunch of lies. They advertise upper or lower dentures only or a set. When I went in for my appointment they had to pull one tooth. I asked if I could wait til the gum healed before they would make me a bottom denture, because I feared it would not fit properly with the gum not being healed. I was told no that they would pull the tooth and make the lower denture the same day that it would be ok to do it that way. This was at the end of January I believe or first few days of February 2017. Here we are in April and my lower denture is still not fitting right. I went in today April 10, 2017.

I told the lady who came in to make an adjustment that I could not hardly eat because it makes me bite my tongue on one side and the other side pinches the inside of my cheek, and there is a large space between the top and bottom where they pulled the tooth and you can't even see the bottom teeth when I smile. She herself said she could see where it does not fit properly. All I asked was for them to remake the bottom denture for me to get a proper fit, she said "no" they would not do that. She said "when you already have an upper denture and you try to make a lower not at the same time it will not ever fit right". I said "why didn't ya'll tell me that before, when I came to get this done?", she said "all we can do is try." I said "then ya'll are falsely advertising about what ya'll say ya'll can do".

Instead of remaking the already cheaply made denture and have a satisfied customer, they just want to give you a refund and get rid of you, now that they have made some money of you, because believe me will get you to spend more money some kind of way. If you read their advertisement you will see what I am talking about. I will never have anything good to say about this place and would discourage anyone from going there. The dentures are very cheaply made. I have used Efferdent almost daily and brushed them after eating. The few times I was able to eat with them and still you can see they do not come clean. This is very embarrassing and unhealthy to use.

I was told it is the dentist that owns the business and Affordable Dentures 800 number that you call is only there to give you information (which is false), and the dentist office that you go to is not a franchise with them. They are individually owned by the dentist and the dentist has the final decision. In this case the dentist is "Donovan **" Lafayette Louisiana. If you read this review please do yourself a favor. Spend the few extra dollars it takes and go somewhere else where you get what you pay for and not a cheaply made denture that is ill fitting and you can't use and you have to throw away $325.00. That is what I had to pay for something I can't use. If you read this review please pass this message on to anyone that you know that may be thinking of going there.

Also if you know anyone who has been there and had had a bad experience, ask them to write a review and also write a letter to ConsumerAffairs and eventually something will get done with businesses like this. One person can't do it alone. I realize today they really don't care about you the patient as long as they can make money off of you. I told them today that I was going to leave a bad review with ConsumerAffairs. The lady said "go ahead that's ok." If everyone who has been dissatisfied comes together we can do something about a place like this.

Crystal of CA on

I am not from the area of Affordable so I had to plan my trip. When I was at my appointment they wanted to pull my teeth then and I'd have my dentures in a bit but I had traveled alone so they took my imprints for the dentures and I had someone drive me back... My overall experience has been very pleasant. I would recommend others to take a look.

andy of WV on

I saved money for two years to be able to have dentures made after have all my teeth pulled. When Affordable Denture made my plates the bottom plate did not line up with the top plate. The top plate closed down inside the bottom plate. The technician attempted to cut trim the bottom plate down four times. Once the teeth were lined up when I bit down the left side of dentures met but there was gap on the right and the teeth were unable to touch. Also the bottoms were trimmed down so far that they could not seat or stay firmly to my gums. When attempting to bite down the front teeth met and the back of both upper and lower plates would leave my gums and snap together leaving a gap between denture and gums as if the front teeth were too long and back too short causing a seesaw action. Closing my jaw the dentures in the back did not meet.

When I explained this to the technician she replied that I would have to train my jaw to adjust my bite. The lower denture was extremely uncomfortable and because I refused to accept the dentures Affordable Denture decided to remake the lower denture from the beginning. This meant that because it was late afternoon I would have to return the next day to refit the replacement. I traveled 90 miles to get to the appointment that day making a 180 mile round trip.

When I told the staff at Affordable Denture that I could not make the trip back the next day because of gas cost and other scheduled engagements I was informed Affordable Denture had recently opened and office closer to my area and would mail my bottom plate to that office and that office would contact me to schedule me once received at that location. I was sent home with the dentures they made and attempted to wear them as directed attempting to adjust to feel and fit of dentures in my mouth. One week later I was called to go get my plate.

I went to get my plate and the tech had some difficulty adjusting the new bottom plate but got them to fit more comfortably in my jaw. Still the dentures did not meet properly and required the allotted three attempts at readjustment. By the third and final allowed adjustment the gums of my jaw were too tender to allow the dentures to sit on them. My gums were pushed down under the plate causing the edge of the denture to indent my gums making a flat spot on top pushing my gums down the jaw bone.

Making a long story short the bottoms have never fit or worked properly enough to be usable. I can not eat with them in place, can't talk with them in because they will not stay seated on the gums even with any adhesive. The bottom plate has never been usable and after trying to adjust to them they have damaged my jaw and gums and I have been told by two other dental offices the only way to get a plate to be functional I will require anchors implanted to secure a plate on my jaw, it may be possible but doubtful that the lower plate could be used but most likely would require a new plate made. Also that at the time have having the plates made that if my gums and or jaw could not support lower dentures I should have been informed that these anchors would be required and making a set of dentures would be useless.

After hearing this it is my opinion Affordable Denture did not inform me of this need for anchors either because I did not need them and they just made a bad lower plate or that they knew there should be anchors and omitted this fact made the dentures anyway to get my money. At any rate, their bottom plate has permanently damaged my lower gum and jaw. My only income is Social Security and I am a single father of three children all under the age of thirteen. I receive public assistance for both housing and food. It was hard to scrape the money together to get dentures made even with help from family. I can not afford the cost of anchor implants. I do not have the resources to take Affordable Denture to court in an attempt to make this right. If I could take them to court I most certainly would not give them a second chance to damage my mouth again.

The teeth the tech chose to use for the upper plate were too small. You cannot tell I have dentures in my mouth when I speak or smile. When consulting another denture maker I was told it appeared that the teeth were too small. The top plate fits fairly well to my gums but can not stay suctioned to the roof of my mouth without a large amount of adhesive applied requiring reapplication a couple times through the day. As I stated my natural teeth had been removed two years before I was able to get dentures made so any shrinkage of gum should have been done by the time these plates were made. All said Affordable Denture is not as affordable as one may think or as advertised. I will never recommend anyone to this business.

marie of LA on

Ok so I purchased the economy set. It took nearly 8 months for the pieces of bones to work out my gums and so I waited and waited for my permanent set until temporary set wore. Then and then they relined them and that extended my service period by a year they told me. And so couple month passes the original service period runs out in 2 days. I go get fitted go the next day to pick up some hunk of metal they call the premium or some crap. Supposed next step better than what I paid for but the reason I chose economy cause I wanted the pink fiberglass reg. dentures not that metal contraption. I was told to just try them a month. I didnt like them. We would do something different. Well when I went back they wouldn't Because service period was over and the only thing they obligated to work on for me is my temporary set.

Barbara of CA on

LONG wait times, 2hrs +, Sometimes no one at the front desk for long period of time. Very poor communication about what to expect from implant procedure. 4 infections, paid for 2 second opinions, one who advised her what she did wrong. Implant has problems she will not even try to fix. A shrug of the shoulders is all I got. Will never recommend this Dr. or company. I will end up paying more than if I had gone to a competent Dr in the first place.

Tandra of MO on

I went to this office to get ultra upper. I was rushed and I almost had to argue to get to the teeth moved out further on one side so they looked more natural. One side looked dented in so when I bit down my bottom teeth did not line up to the top denture on that side. The teeth on that side of the denture set behind bottom teeth so my bottom teeth stuck out farther on that side. She tried to tell me they could not be brought out any further, but took them to the back and lab tech brought them further out. They do look better but could have come out farther. I did not get to talk to or have input with the lab tech who made them to discuss my concerns. Because the teeth set back too far I have already bitten the back corner off of one of the front teeth and feel like the same thing may happen to the tooth beside it.

I chose this office because they did the implants, but when I explained to the nurse who was helping me that I had bought the expensive ones because I wanted to have them secured with the implants. So I could loose the roof the mouth portion of the denture she shook her head in a disagreeable way. She tried to make me understand she was dentist down in Mexico and these implants were not a good idea. I am so not a confrontational person so I approved the denture and left. I was kind of wondering if she knew this dentist would not do a good job with the implants. I had did so much research on the implant procedure that when talking to the actual dentist about it.

After she looked at my x-ray she said she could put an implant between the two front tooth sockets to get 5 in to support my denture. I knew something was not right. These implants go in the socket not in between them. It was a red flag so when the nurse gave me the disapproving look during our implant discussion I took it seriously. They do fit well, and the piece I bit off does not show to much as it is on the back side. Did not go back as I was afraid of the confrontation of it all. I will need new dentures if I decide on implants again in the future. I will not go back to this office. My one year was up starting the March.

Robinae of OK on

I absolutely love Dr. **! My mom was visiting from NYC and decided to get dentures while she was here. We called and were scheduled, almost immediately, for a consultation. We came back a week later for the extractions in the am and returned for the dentures that afternoon. Dr. ** and her staff explained the procedure, the costs, the materials and the healing process in expert fashion. She took her time during the extractions to make sure my mom was comfortable. When the pain started to increase she stopped to provide additional numbing medicine and waited until it took effect. My mom was in no pain when she left the office. We even saw Dr ** one evening while we were out, we struck up a lovely conversation where mom modeled her new smile. One word for Dr. **, AMAZING!

Scott of WI on

Affordable Dentures don't care about the quality of the product they produce. My Partial Dentures were not made correctly and they would not do them over. I requested a refund and I was banned from two offices for asking for a refund. Word of mouth will hurt their bottom line. Buyer be warned!!!

Ken of OH on

I was charged $140.00 to put one tooth back in a denture. I moved recently but my former dentist charged $75. Also, when I objected to all the paperwork that had nothing to do with repairing the denture, the receptionist at Lima OH said, "Do you want your denture repaired or not?" Nice attitude.

rebecca of WV on

I went about 6 months ago to have dentures made. They were very bad bite so they had to redo them. When they did they was even worse. I had made about 4 more trips to get this to fix them because they was putting ulcers on my gums so bad that I could not even wear them. So they told me they could not do anything else for me that I would have to go to the store and get a soft dinner to put in them so there was over $ 500 that I gave them for nothing.

Jeffrey of OH on
I checked around. I read reviews. I was scared because of so many negative reviews on affordable dentures in general. Glad I didn't listen to those. I had an amazing experience at this north canton oh office. From the consultation to the extraction to the follow up. They are not "money hungry". Dr ** actually strongly suggested I keep my bottom teeth as they were generally in good shape. One or two cavities. They even quoted me the cheapest set. I said I want premium.

They do care about the customer. Thanks for giving me my smile back. Awesome price, service and results.

Patricia of PA on

We were told the money we paid was all we were going to have to pay, now we are getting calls from a collection company that we owe 250.00 more. What a ripoff and my husband can not wear his dentures.

Kizzie of IA on

Arrived for my appt at the East Moline, IL clinic and then I got nothing but very rude services. Once I got to the back for x-rays the dental assistants were very unprofessional and their uniforms looked dirty and wrinkled. I was charge for x-rays and a consult even though they have a special for these services for new patients. The fee is $1. I was a new patient and they refused to offer me this special. I was charge $85 for x-rays. After I received my lower partial dentures they didn't explain to me how to care for the dentures. They were upset cause I declined the upgrade package. I wanted the basic cheaper partial cause that's all I could afford.

After I paid for the partial no one explain how to care for the partial. I was showed to the front door. This is my very first time wearing partial dentures... I called my general dentist office and explain to them what happened and they were very helpful and was very happy to educate me on how to care for my dentures. I will never recommend anyone to the Affordable Dentures in Moline, IL... Very unprofessional... Very deceitful!!

Lynn of GA on

From the moment you check in for your appointment to the moment you check out, the staff at the Commerce, Ga Affordable Denture are extremely pleasant. My first appointment was a consultation. I meet with a dental assistant who examined me and explained the possible options. She took the time to help me pick the direction we would ultimately go in. I made my next appointment for 8:00 am 3/3/17. It was explained to me that the morning of my appointment there would be a line at the door waiting for the office to open but understand people are called back based on their needs not necessarily by their appointment time and I should expect to spend the full day there.

So, we planned accordingly. Dr ** is the best dentist I have ever seen. He is extremely kind, considerate, gentle and I would wholeheartedly recommend him and his staff. It was explained to me the reason they are affordable is because they do what they do in volume. But just because they see large volumes of patients on a daily basis doesn't mean the care they provide you is anything less than excellent. The care I received by Dr ** and his staff made me feel like I was their only patient he had that day.

Donna of TN on

When I started with Affordable Dentures in Nashville, Tn I was beyond happy... I had my teeth pulled at another office and they couldn't get them to fit to stay in because of my ridge so they suggested implants in my upper gum. I went to Dr. Andy ** for a consultation and was well pleased and I made an appointment and we did it. At first, it was great but then the teeth started popping loose from one side. The entire staff was Americans... Nice, sweet, friendly, helpful and there for YOU. I was a person, not a number. They changed my O'rings and things got better. Then Dr. ** got very sick, and was hospitalized. He hired a new office manager before he got sick and she was in charge, I guess! I went back several times and every time I went back one of the American staff was gone and replaced with a person that I couldn't understand or they couldn't understand me.

The staff I started with was completely gone, all of them... I go back to get the O'rings changed and the staff asked me what color I needed... Ok, I don't work there, I have no idea what color and why don't you look in my chart? It has been downhill since. I am now a number and no longer a person. Dr. ** is back and still has a staff that shakes their head yes and takes your teeth and Lord knows you don't know what your teeth will come back like cause nobody understands nobody... My teeth have a crack in them and it is like the 6th one. They are like this because they don't fit properly. They teeter tot back and forth coming loose on the right side and I have IMPLANTS. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what is happening but they repair them and send me home. I had the crack repaired again in Jan. and now it is cracked again.

The dentist won't see me until he talks to me about derogative statements I made about his staff. They may be Americans but you still can't understand them. If I said something about them it was not being derogatory, it was just the plain hard truth. Everyone is the same in God's eyes but if we can't understand each other how do you get proper results. I mean the ENTIRE STAFF changed. I was told by one of the old staff that she left because the new office manager made it about the money, not the patient. Dr. ** is a very nice man and I thought a great dentist until he decided we need to add 4 more implants to my already 4. This is to stop the teeter toting but in reality if they do the impression correctly it should fit.

Now, I have teeter toting teeth with a crack and don't know what dentist to change to because not many dentists in a 2 hour radius does upper denture that have implants. Or dentists I can afford or same day dentist. It is bad when someone starts the job and you are left standing in the rain with no umbrella. Beware of this office because staff just doesn't turn over like I have seen it do since my first visit...

Gary of SC on

My purpose in going to Affordable Dentures was to replace a partial lower denture that was old and does not fit well. My first appointment was almost two hours later than the appointment I had scheduled. The receptionist Kim was very pleasant as was Scott the dental assistant. THEY SHOULD OWN THIS BUSINESS!! Their doctor, Dr. ** should have had his license revoked and has absolutely no professional courtesy whatsoever!! I heard him speak disrespectfully and rudely to both patients in the adjoining room to the one I was in. X-rays were take with the existing dentures I have in my mouth. Of course they had to take another set of x-rays which added to the time and frustration spent in this office.

The next appointment Scott told me that the doctor would explain options and costs with me when he came in which never happened. He came in with a mold full of material used to make impressions and promptly forced it onto my lower jaw and he proceeded by telling me he would only have this partial denture made with the understanding that I agree to have a total new upper denture (which was not necessary). I strongly recommend you do not waste your time going to this Myrtle Beach facility unless Dr. ** is removed from the business. If this review saves one person from having the worst medical experience of their life I will feel that I have helped save them from the ordeal I went through. I am not afraid to list my name.

Tallie of OR on

I will never do any business w/ this office Affordable dentures in Springfield, Michael D. Harris, DMD, P.C. They never return my calls, they are horribly inefficient, lack character, and ethics. They erroneously charged me and will not return my overcharge. I feel that the office is corrupt and dishonest. I wouldn't go there, nor recommend to anyone.

Valery of FL on

I had my 16 teeth removed, healing dentures put in, one-week return appointment. I had to clean the surgical blood myself. Returned to Affordable Dentures, Melbourne FL where the "dentist" threatened to cut my gums open to finish tooth removal. I did it myself. Affordable Dentures finally made "new" dentures. Now I cannot use them at all. I did some research and found out they reused the first set of temp dentures. Now I have poison in my system. Now down to 112 pounds and still cannot eat. They do not return my phone calls. Fever, chills, headache and very sore throat. So sick and hungry... please help.

Brooke of MO on

I have Called Affordable Dentures and Implants & they first tell me yes they take my Ins. then they tell me they don't. Then I find out they do but now they won't see me because they say that my Ins. is Medicare plan & it is not. All I want to do is get Dentures. That is not asking much at all but they don't get it that my Ins. will only pay 500.00. They say they have a thing where you can make payments but when you talk to them on the phone they say no they don't. You have to see about getting a grant. That is a joke. I have spent 3 days on the Internet trying to find someone & it keeps coming back there. I know if someone ask where to go I will tell them not to go there. That is for sure. It is really sad that someone that is Disabled can't even get any help at all because all people want is money.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Affordable Dentures and Implant Solutions was established by three dentisits in Kinston, North Carolina in 1975. The dental practice set itself apart by offering same-day service. Now, there are more than 220 affiliated practices in the United States.

• On-site denture lab: All Affordable Denture practices have a denture lab on site, which means consumers can get their dentures or crowns faster than they could at practices where dentures must be ordered.
  • Options: Affordable Dentures offers several types of dentures, including partial dentures, and multiple kinds of dental implants. The choices allow patients to select the quality and look of dentures they want at a price within their budget.
  • Insurance information: Not all Affordable Dental locations accept the same insurance plans. Interested patients can visit company’s website to find the nearest location and see which dental insurance plans that particular practice accepts.
  • Clear fees: Interested patients can see Affordable Dental and Implant Solutions’ fees and costs on each practice’s website. Customers can contact individual practices for questions about costs, financing and insurance.
  • Special offers: All locations regularly have special offers to lower patients’ out-of-pocket cost. Consumers can visit the website for the location nearest them to see a list of special offers.
  • Best for patients who need help choosing the best denture for their needs or anyone who wants their dentures quickly.

Compare Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions