Find a Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions partner

Looking for a dental insurance plan

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Affordable Dentures Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Affordable Dentures?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Affordable Dentures?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

I cannot recommend Affordable Dentures in Dayton, OH. Now that I have received my permanent dentures, I feel that it is okay to leave an honest review. Pros: My 20 extractions were quick and painless. They did a very good job that day. Cons: Everything that came after the extractions. My temporaries were slanted, ill-fitting and the bite was off. They re-made the upper, but it was still bad. I was told "these are your temporaries, you will have to live with it until you get your permanents". I did not return to their office until it was time for my permanents.

The permanent teeth themselves are a much better fit, but when the staff person placed the lower plate into my mouth, it pinched my back gum so much that I gasped and cried. I asked her to adjust the fit. She refused and said that if she adjusted it, the bottom would float more. She was not willing to try anything to remediate the pain. She told me to go home and get used to it. It was clear she wanted to get me out of there quickly, instead of addressing any issues I was having. Also, the workmanship on the dentures was not very good, with sharp edges and rough spots that rub against my tongue. I have been able to smooth these out myself.

A week later, I have a huge sore in my gum that I am trying to heal. I am also adjusting my dentures myself using a Dremel file, a little bit at a time until I'm able to wear them. I will never set foot in that Affordable Dentures office again. It was very clear to me that when they said they wanted their patients to be 100% satisfied, they did not mean that. Only 1 person in that office listened to me and tried to help me with anything in the several visits I made to that office. Also, the doctor there has changed 3 times in less than a year. Again, this is only the Dayton, OH office- maybe it's better at other offices.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

I went to Affordable Dentures in Baton Rouge to have a small bridge replaced. I had gone to my dentist six months prior to going to Affordable. I went to Affordable because I was in a rush and my dentist couldn't see me for two weeks. He was booked solid. I go to Affordable and Dr. Skye ** put at least four injections to numb the pain in my mouth. After about an hour the dentist was through. I got up to leave and when I got in my car, I was horrified. That "dentist" pulled every tooth out of the top of my mouth. The teeth that she extracted were perfectly healthy. I paid that place three thousand bucks to have a bridge replaced. Instead, that butcher pulled healthy teeth out of my mouth so I would have to purchase a denture. I didn't purchase a denture but that butcher purchased a hell of a lawsuit.

Get buying tips about Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

I paid over $1350 for full upper and partial lower. Less than a year two teeth broke loose. They repaired for free. Sloppy work. Year and half later another tooth breaks out. They want $185 to fix it. These teeth never did fit good, especially the lower partial. One of the wires on the lower broke off. They do not care. My suggestion, go someplace else for dentures. I would not pay them $185 for a new set of dentures, they are not worth that much....

Original review: July 2, 2021

I paid $2,558 for premium dentures I hate! I can't wear the bottom. They hurt and leave sores and won't stay in my mouth. I tried many times about 4 appointments but never right. They acted like I was unreasonable for wanting to be happy about my expensive purchase. The quality of materials is cheap and looks like a denture. Do not waste your money.

Original review: June 27, 2021

I have dentures from Affordable Dentures, Charlotte N.C.. I have called 8 times to set appointments. They as of this date never returned my calls. To say the least unprofessional. Not recommended. Have also had the same experience in the past, and had to make a personal visit to set appointment. Very poor after care to say the least.

Original review: June 20, 2021

I went in Jan 6th 2021 needing a full upper and a partial lower. You're supposed to stay still so that the impressions set and mold snug to your gums, about 3 minutes. The assistant is supposed to firmly hold the tray securely against your gum the whole time. About halfway through the impression, I feel a BIG, rocking motion. She ROCKED the impression from front to back and then back again. HARD. I remember thinking the impression just got ruined. (for top denture)

I get my dentures on the 13th, a week later. The bottom one was great, but the minute I put the top one in, it fell right down. It was like putting a shoe 2 sizes too big on your foot. There is NO WAY that I can even evaluate if the denture was right because it wouldn't even stay up. She said that some people need adhesive from the start, and all through their lives. She offered me some powder to make them stay up and was ready to send me out the door.

I noticed that there was a big gap between my top front teeth and my bottom front teeth, about 1/16th inch. No way to bite into a sandwich. But she hadn't even noticed until I said something. So she brought in Dr **, who said we'd have to remake the impression, and do a wax try in. (Where was the wax try in the first time around?) So they do another impression. Same assistant. (Her name was either Sam or Ashley - the receptionist when I called later to ask didn't see the information on the file and couldn't give me an exact name because 2 women fit my description). Again, in the chair for 3 minutes.

This time it wasn't one hard rocking motion, it was a few smaller ones. I feel her hand jerking the impression tray and I look up to see what she's doing. She's TRYING TO LEAN FORWARD TO SEE WHAT'S GOING ON DOWN THE HALL. I have no idea what was SO important that she'd risk screwing up another impression. (not that anyone admitted she screwed up the first one) Leaning out as far as she could to see. Something must have been very important to her. After 3 more 2 hour trips there for wax try ins, I finally got my dentures. They were still loose and they still fell off but not as bad as the first pair.

I brought my own adhesive powder. I left and put my dentures in. On the way home I noticed that my bite is only right if I pull my bottom jaw slightly back. An unnatural resting place and tiring.. So I made yet another appointment. I explained the issue. He told me to make my back teeth hit, Then he told me the dentures are right. (In other words, he's saying it's right that I have to hold my jaw in a spot that isn't my natural resting spot.) And he mentioned I might need a "hard reline". WHAT??? The dentures were just made a 1 and 1/2 WEEKS AGO!!!

So what else could I do. I spent a week trying using a million lbs of glue to hold the denture up, but eating and talking was a still major struggle. Then I found out about Etsy selling kits for $100. So I bought one, and made my own denture. It's FAR from perfect but at least I don't have a mouth full of gum when I smile, and, I can actually TALK AND EAT, and.... AND.... I HAVE SUCTION!! For the first time I know what a "seal" feels like. (I'm going to see if there's a way I can upload comparison pics. In 1st comparison, top pic is theirs, bottom one mine. In 2nd comparison, left is theirs, right is mine.)

Right away, I noticed how much more manageable learning to eat and talk would be. They weren't easy to make, and they'll only last about a year before I remake them. Took about 2 hours. But how many hours did I spend driving to Affordable Dentures 7 times?. The assistant had said to him TWICE... "She's never worn dentures before." So? Is my perception invalid then?? At least I didn't rock my impression. Going to Affordable D's was nothing but frustrating and disappointing. And I never did end up with a useable top denture until I made it myself.

Original review: April 20, 2021

Went in for consult. Within minutes they had a few plans, picked an affordable option, they demanded payment in full and had writing the check on my knee during procedures. Had me return in two hours to extract teeth, Blood pressure was 170/110 but they decided to do procedures anyway, after injections I thought I was going to die, I was wondering if they had a crash cart available, I passed out and woke up as they said, we are done, dentist stuffed in a temp lower partial and said goodbye, they escorted me to the door and locked it behind me, I could barely walk and was confused. I should not have gotten in my car.

That was 5 months ago, they have never followed up on anything, no call no check up no response. I paid $3200.00 for a permanent upper and lower partial, they have done nothing but extract teeth (4). When I call, they ask, "What do you want?" I want what I paid for, I get no response, no help, no calls. In the process of sueing for return of money paid.

Original review: April 13, 2021

I went to the Cartersville Ga office of Affordable Dentures on Feb 25, 2021 since I had broken the upper denture they made 5 years ago. Decided it was time to have a new set of dentures made. They charged $1798 to my credit card and made the dentures. I picked them up on Friday and went home. The dentures didn't fit and I made 7 trips to have them adjusted. After the 7th trip I compared the new dentures to the old ones. I found that instead of providing 14 teeth on the upper and lower dentures, they made them with 12 teeth on each set. The upper denture was made about the same size as the old set, just shorted two teeth. The lower denture is also two teeth short and is almost an inch shorter than the old lower denture. It's no wonder they can't make it fit my mouth.

I have demanded they remake the teeth and they refuse to answer. Therefore I have gone to another dentist and am having a correct set of dentures made. I have reported them to the Georgia Board of Dentistry as well as the Better Business Bureau. I have written them a letter and demanded they either refund the charge they placed on my credit card or they will be sued in magistrate court. I'll sue them for a lot more to they charged me. If you're thinking about using these people, be ready to be defrauded.

Original review: April 10, 2021

I made an appt to have a new lower partial made to replace mine that was no longer fitting me after some new crowns. I waited forever for the metal part, then made 3 more visits for them to make the teeth to fit. But new partial was awful. It did not fit well and was poorly made. I called to make an appt to see if they could please make some adjustments, and was told their first appt for me would be a 3 months to wait!! Even though I told them I could not wear it! That's when the 100 day guarantee would expire! They did this on purpose so they would not have to do anything to make changes. They should be arrested for their illegal lies and awful service!! $1324 wasted!! What a rip off!!! When I call them I am put on hold then they hang up on me!

Original review: March 26, 2021

I signed up for their best plan and after pulling my teeth and giving me dentures that looked like a three-year-old made them, they downgraded me without telling me said it was the insurance fault and miscommunication. They were supposed to give me after healing a new set of dentures. I had the worst experience from the start and I told them four times that they left a crack tooth in my gums and they just ignored me. Now, what do, Affordable Dentures have already done too much damage for me to go back, I have been there three times for adjustment and the denture is still cutting into my gums.

Affordable Dentures author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Affordable Dentures and Implant Solutions was established by three dentisits in Kinston, North Carolina in 1975. The dental practice set itself apart by offering same-day service. Now, there are more than 220 affiliated practices in the United States.

• On-site denture lab: All Affordable Denture practices have a denture lab on site, which means consumers can get their dentures or crowns faster than they could at practices where dentures must be ordered.

• Options: Affordable Dentures offers several types of dentures, including partial dentures, and multiple kinds of dental implants. The choices allow patients to select the quality and look of dentures they want at a price within their budget.

• Insurance information: Not all Affordable Dental locations accept the same insurance plans. Interested patients can visit company’s website to find the nearest location and see which dental insurance plans that particular practice accepts.

• Clear fees: Interested patients can see Affordable Dental and Implant Solutions’ fees and costs on each practice’s website. Customers can contact individual practices for questions about costs, financing and insurance.

• Special offers: All locations regularly have special offers to lower patients’ out-of-pocket cost. Consumers can visit the website for the location nearest them to see a list of special offers.

Affordable Dentures Company Information