2.7/5 (934 ratings)

Looking for a dental insurance plan

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Affordable Dentures Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Affordable Dentures?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Affordable Dentures?

Original review: April 25, 2022

I want to be able to give them a 5 star, at least 4, so far my patience is running out. This is my 2nd wax try-in and it's worst than the 1st. Not sure what happened but I pray that this 3rd visit will be satisfactory and complete.

Original review: March 14, 2022

Went to Douglasville, GA office. During consultation they tried to push me into an upgrade and was very rude when I could not afford to. They left some of my tooth causing a lot of pain. Dentures don't line up with the skin connecting my gum & lip causing it to rip. Office manager said they would not fix them. I spent $1,800 for a horrible experience and product.

Get buying tips about Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 14, 2022

I went to Affordable Dentures in Lake Mary Florida because it is supposedly affordable, they gave me a budget, I paid $1,300 and they also sent 2 invoices for $1,500.00 each to my insurance company, the woman working at Affordable Dentures who called me was very rude to tell me that I still owe them more than $500.00, so I am wondering how much this horrible "affordable" denture cost that looks horrible, poor quality denture and is already breaking 6 months later?

Original review: March 12, 2022

My husband went to Affordable Dentures in Lenoir City Tennessee to have a new set of dentures made. He had to return 4 times for adjustments. He missed the warranty period by a couple of days because he has leukemia and getting to their location was not always possible. His dentures were so loose they were falling out of his mouth. They agreed to remake them and we traveled to their location and spent the day waiting for them. The new set were worse than the others but they refused to do anything more for him. He cannot wear them as they rub sores on his gums as they are so loose. He spoke with the dentist, Dr. Boehm, who said there was nothing he would do further for him. Despite contacting the company and being reassured our concerns would be addressed, 6 months later and have heard nothing.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

Feb 2021 I had a consultation with the Affordable Denture office in Wichita, Kansas. I needed several teeth removed on top, which was done well. The 'temp' upper partial never fit properly, and requests to remake, or adjust were answered with reasons why it could not be done...so I made the best of it while my gums healed...3 months. The entire amount was charged to my credit card at the first visit. I paid additional money to upgrade to a metal partial, which I was never told was even an option. The first mold was made and had to be sent to California to make the partial...which took 6 weeks. It didn't fit. A second mold was made, and sent to California. It didn't fit.

Now, almost a year later, I am waiting for the third partial fitting, then the teeth have to be put on it. When I go to my appointment next Wednesday, if this one doesn't fit, I'm going to ask for a refund...and I'm sure I will have to speak with the office manager and have a battle to get any of my money back. Don't use this dentist.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

Initial appointment was in Feb 2021, had top teeth pulled & some cut out, & had stitches. Dentist didnt give me anything for pain. I paid at this time for teeth to be removed and a new denture wearer package. This package includes a temporary denture and a permanent denture. I was due to go back for final impression and final denture in August. I drove 1 & 1/2 hour to their office and no one was there, no one called me to cancel my appointment. Rescheduled to September, just got a call that they were canceling my appointment until they call me back because the dentist was out and they dont know when he would be back. I keep getting canceled and rescheduled. Remind you, they already have my money for a service that keeps getting canceled and I have told them that I want my money back, only to be told "your in your final step." Save yourself the aggravation and go somewhere else!!!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

I cannot recommend Affordable Dentures in Dayton, OH. Now that I have received my permanent dentures, I feel that it is okay to leave an honest review. Pros: My 20 extractions were quick and painless. They did a very good job that day. Cons: Everything that came after the extractions. My temporaries were slanted, ill-fitting and the bite was off. They re-made the upper, but it was still bad. I was told "these are your temporaries, you will have to live with it until you get your permanents". I did not return to their office until it was time for my permanents.

The permanent teeth themselves are a much better fit, but when the staff person placed the lower plate into my mouth, it pinched my back gum so much that I gasped and cried. I asked her to adjust the fit. She refused and said that if she adjusted it, the bottom would float more. She was not willing to try anything to remediate the pain. She told me to go home and get used to it. It was clear she wanted to get me out of there quickly, instead of addressing any issues I was having. Also, the workmanship on the dentures was not very good, with sharp edges and rough spots that rub against my tongue. I have been able to smooth these out myself.

A week later, I have a huge sore in my gum that I am trying to heal. I am also adjusting my dentures myself using a Dremel file, a little bit at a time until I'm able to wear them. I will never set foot in that Affordable Dentures office again. It was very clear to me that when they said they wanted their patients to be 100% satisfied, they did not mean that. Only 1 person in that office listened to me and tried to help me with anything in the several visits I made to that office. Also, the doctor there has changed 3 times in less than a year. Again, this is only the Dayton, OH office- maybe it's better at other offices.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

I went to Affordable Dentures in Baton Rouge to have a small bridge replaced. I had gone to my dentist six months prior to going to Affordable. I went to Affordable because I was in a rush and my dentist couldn't see me for two weeks. He was booked solid. I go to Affordable and Dr. Skye ** put at least four injections to numb the pain in my mouth. After about an hour the dentist was through. I got up to leave and when I got in my car, I was horrified. That "dentist" pulled every tooth out of the top of my mouth. The teeth that she extracted were perfectly healthy. I paid that place three thousand bucks to have a bridge replaced. Instead, that butcher pulled healthy teeth out of my mouth so I would have to purchase a denture. I didn't purchase a denture but that butcher purchased a hell of a lawsuit.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

I paid over $1350 for full upper and partial lower. Less than a year two teeth broke loose. They repaired for free. Sloppy work. Year and half later another tooth breaks out. They want $185 to fix it. These teeth never did fit good, especially the lower partial. One of the wires on the lower broke off. They do not care. My suggestion, go someplace else for dentures. I would not pay them $185 for a new set of dentures, they are not worth that much....

Original review: July 29, 2021

Had to have 26 teeth and tons of extra bone removed to get dentures. Was extensive so only did uppers first. Was rough but by next morn felt great. No need for pain pills at all. Staff made it as easy as possible. They are great. Special thanks to Julie. What an asset to any business. THANKS ALL

Affordable Dentures author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Affordable Dentures and Implant Solutions was established by three dentisits in Kinston, North Carolina in 1975. The dental practice set itself apart by offering same-day service. Now, there are more than 220 affiliated practices in the United States.

• On-site denture lab: All Affordable Denture practices have a denture lab on site, which means consumers can get their dentures or crowns faster than they could at practices where dentures must be ordered.

• Options: Affordable Dentures offers several types of dentures, including partial dentures, and multiple kinds of dental implants. The choices allow patients to select the quality and look of dentures they want at a price within their budget.

• Insurance information: Not all Affordable Dental locations accept the same insurance plans. Interested patients can visit company’s website to find the nearest location and see which dental insurance plans that particular practice accepts.

• Clear fees: Interested patients can see Affordable Dental and Implant Solutions’ fees and costs on each practice’s website. Customers can contact individual practices for questions about costs, financing and insurance.

• Special offers: All locations regularly have special offers to lower patients’ out-of-pocket cost. Consumers can visit the website for the location nearest them to see a list of special offers.

Affordable Dentures Company Information