3.65/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Affordable Dentures

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

430 Affordable Dentures Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 20, 2019

I was very skeptic after reading all the reviews. But everyone at Affordable Dentures in Winchester VA was wonderful. I had my impressions made and wax model made and my full set by afternoon. They fit perfectly!!! I have never had a set of teeth fit so well!! Thank you so much.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I was treated well. Everyone was helpful and all smiles. Staff and Dentist wonderful! My one complaint overall is I paid 600.00 for a full set. I was unhappy when I got them because the teeth are like baby teeth. Unless I smile real big I still look toothless. I voiced my complaint several times by phone and in person. I was told they don’t make Dentures with horse teeth and I should have paid 800.00 if I wanted better teeth. I told them my natural teeth were bigger than these. Of course I guess I had horse teeth lol. I would like a set with horse teeth. They just kept saying, "You look beautiful. The teeth are fine."

Get expert buying tips about Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 25, 2019

3 weeks out from my extractions and immediate dentures and have been extremely pleased thus far. Staff are professional and courteous and quick to see you if there are any issues with fit or bite during the healing process. For temporary dentures, these look fabulous and cannot wait until I am ready for my final.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

02/01/2019 - I got my full set of dentures yesterday after having 22 teeth removed at Affordable Dentures of Newport News, Virginia. I read all the good and bad reviews for Affordable Dentures. So I ventured out myself to see for myself. I had a great experience. The extractions and same-day dentures was a long process, but well worth it. I came in at 8:00 a.m. to do my impressions, left once they told me to so that I could fill my prescriptions that I was going to need prior to the extractions and after-care. I remember 90% of the operation, but once I left to go home, I do not remember anything. That’s how sedated I was from all the ** shots and the ** (pill for anxiety.)

When I woke up on and off through the midnight hours and such, the pain and bleeding was coming to a minimum. When I finally woke up at 6:14 a.m. I was wide awake and continued to take ** for the pain and swelling. It is now 1:06 p.m. and the pain is starting to come back. Again, I will just take another ** and probably lay down with my head propped up.

In a nutshell, that was the gist of my operation and after events. I’m 29 years old, I will be 30 in March. I have bad teeth genetics and it would’ve cost me more to get 7 root canals and whatever else done the dentist recommended I do. I am absolutely terrified of the dentist and there is just no way I was going to sit through all of that and that’s when I considered dentures. Affordable Dentures of Newport News, Virginia made my consultation and surgery an easy process. It’s a lot of information to consume, but the staff was there to answer any and all questions and/or concerns I had. I go back in a week to get stitches out and to see how the healing is coming along with the temporary dentures in.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Dr. Yusuf **, DDS is extremely professional, knowledgeable, and knows his job. His staff are top of the line also. My experience was the greatest in my life, having a total set of new dentures made. I have worn dentures for 50 years, these are the best fitting, best looking and I can eat the best with the new ones from Affordable Dentures.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Affordable Dentures?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I had an appointment on Friday got me back fine. After they took my money it went all down here from there. Did my impressions. Told me to come back at 11:45. Was there before. Sat there until 12. Asked them how much longer it was going to be. She told me she was going to check. 15 minutes later I hear nothing so another girl checks. Tells me they are not done yet. It would be 10 more minutes. I could not wait. I had to got to work so I rescheduled for Monday at 9:30. The girl had told me that they would get me right back there. Got there Monday morning. She said she was putting me in. I sat there for over an hour. Yet someone came in with no appointment, was having a problem with their dentures, had no appointment but got right back there.

Finally I got back there. The tooth was too small and was not the right color so they had to redo it. Which I had to come back the next day Tuesday. She told me they would get me right back. I sat there for over an hour again. When I finally got back there and put in the denture it looked terrible. The tooth wasn't where it should be. They had the skin way down too far. I told her they would have to do something about that. They came back with a paper for me to sign that said that I was approving of the piece and that when I got the real one if there was any problems I would have to pay to fix. I refused to sign it.

They told me I had to sign it. If I didn't they would have to redo the piece and I would have to come back in for them to check it. After 3 days of coming in and having to sit and wait only to have disappointment I told the them I just want a refund. They told me someone would have to call me because they didn't have time to give me a refund because they were busy. Here it is Wednesday and I haven't heard anything yet from them. This place is in Cartersville Georgia.

Original review: July 31, 2019

Went to 800 Dunn Ave. Jacksonville Fl.32218 for a replacement lower partial denture. First thing to happen, my appointment was for 9:30 am. After one and a half hours I keep asking the staff when will I be seen. Finally was taken in to this dentist. In short he finally made a impression of my lower jaw. Was told I would be called to have a metal lower partial wire fit, before the finally denture finish. On July 16 2019 at 1:30 pm the staff kept trying to put the denture in, it was a nightmare and so painful. I went home and kept trying to wear them, but the pain was so bad I tried to remove them. Broke my thumb nail trice to get them out. Took them back on July 17 2019 and the dentist told staff to refund my total amount. GUESS WON'T, no refund yet. Two weeks of getting the runaround from the corp. office and this local office. DON'T USE AFFORDABLE DENTURES AND IMPLANTS ANYWHERE IN THE U.S.A.

Original review: July 31, 2019

I have been going since 2015 and still not done. Every week it's a new story new people who don't have a clue what's going on but the dentist never showed up. For months and months I have called main office. No one calls back. I have called district manager. No calls back. I call the office every week. No calls back. Finally I called customer service and said I wasn't to change offices. I was told someone would call me. He did then told I would have to pay more out of pocket. I said, "No give me my money back. He said I had to call the office. I did only to be told my records and 300 other people's records have disappeared. They have nothing to show I paid or what has or hasn't been done.

I'm sick of it. I paid 1500.00 first then I paid 8000. And no records at this point. I want my money back and I will go some where else piss poor customer service. They laugh when you call. They keep telling you the doctor will be back soon. Keep making appointments and don't call to tell you the doctor never showed. You drive over an hour and sit for 30 minutes or more. When called in back they look at you and ask what do you want. I said I made an appointment to get my implants and they say they can't do anything cuz they don't have a dentist. I'm done. This place is nothing but a scam to get money out of people and run away with it. I want to know where my records are at and I want a full refund. I'm done. This is nothing more than a scam for older retired folks who can't afford to be taken advantage of... Give me my money back now.

Original review: July 23, 2019

My parents were visiting from out of state and my mother's dentures broke. I called, explained the situation, and they said to come in. When we got there, it took quite a while to speak to the receptionist. After waiting to see if they could fix them, they told us it would cost about $200 and they refused to take any insurance. My mother bought her dentures at Affordable Dentures and was already in their system. It didn't matter. We went to Aspen Dental and they were fixed in a short while and only cost $10 co-pay.

Original review: July 19, 2019

My mother passed away before she got her permanent denture. She was charged 750.00$. They refused to give a refund to pay for her other bills, I have tried several times to reach the corporate office but all I get is the runaround.

Affordable Dentures expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Affordable Dentures and Implant Solutions was established by three dentisits in Kinston, North Carolina in 1975. The dental practice set itself apart by offering same-day service. Now, there are more than 220 affiliated practices in the United States.

• On-site denture lab: All Affordable Denture practices have a denture lab on site, which means consumers can get their dentures or crowns faster than they could at practices where dentures must be ordered.

• Options: Affordable Dentures offers several types of dentures, including partial dentures, and multiple kinds of dental implants. The choices allow patients to select the quality and look of dentures they want at a price within their budget.

• Insurance information: Not all Affordable Dental locations accept the same insurance plans. Interested patients can visit company’s website to find the nearest location and see which dental insurance plans that particular practice accepts.

• Clear fees: Interested patients can see Affordable Dental and Implant Solutions’ fees and costs on each practice’s website. Customers can contact individual practices for questions about costs, financing and insurance.

• Special offers: All locations regularly have special offers to lower patients’ out-of-pocket cost. Consumers can visit the website for the location nearest them to see a list of special offers.

• Best for: patients who need help choosing the best denture for their needs or anyone who wants their dentures quickly.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs