1.43/5

403 Affordable Dentures Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 20, 2019

I got my dentures in 2014. I had 15 teeth pulled and after the swelling went down my bottom dentures would not stay in, The dentist said I don't have enough bone to keep them in. So for a year I did not wear bottom dentures. Top Dentures would not stay in. The dentist put two post in my bottom gum. The dentist said for me to go to OSU for post in back bottom and top. The dentist said he is afraid to put more in because of not much bone. I did not go to OSU 'cause I would have to pay $179.00 for office visit. The dentist should have told me that I don't have much bone for dentures to stay in and I would not have had them pulled. The dentures don't come out but goes down on my gums and hurts.

I could have had my teeth fixed. It would of been $5,000 so I said I know a lot of people with dentures and they can eat everything. Well since I did not wear bottom dentures for a year I got that ugly chin. Since 2014 I have not eaten a hamburger, fries, bread, When I would go to dentist and tell them I can't eat anything they said they cannot do anything else for me. I would cry. I eat rice crispies but now they make my bottom dentures come up in back and then go down and hurts my gums. I eat Reese Cups. I take my dentures out and eat the chocolate. That's all I can eat. I can't take this no more. I have chronic pain and then I can't eat anything. I go to BBQ and don't eat family dinners. I don't eat. I am depressed because of this. I want to eat.

Original review: March 14, 2019

Went there 1 and a half years ago for my first visit. They was very friendly at first but after I made the decision and paid they start to treat you like a piece of **. Now after 1 and a half year I went there today to get the final set of teeth I had to make a very bad experience again. First, they let me wait for more than 1 hour. They came with the set of teeth and they don't fit, the top one's way too big, the upper one's too big and loose snap ins. After over 1 hour fixing I had something in my mouth I could accept. I left and got a lunch and after I ate, the upper one's loose again. I called and wanted to get them fixed immediately. The one behind the counter was very unfriendly as always and just hang up on me. I do believe that implants are a great thing but just not at this branch in Leesburg. Please don't go there.

Get expert buying tips about Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Although Dr ** did a wonderful job with my filling and reshaping of my front upper tooth, and the dental assistants were very nice and helpful. (Exception, front desk lobby lady needs to be fired). Please do not have them do a Dental partial for you, you will not be satisfied or even close to it. After waiting weeks for my Dental partial, I was so excited to come there and pick it up. Only once it was presented to me, I was almost ready to cry.

It was a total piece of garbage, the metal cast partial teeth did not follow my own teeth, not even close. Everything about it was gross, looked like I ate wire for breakfast. not to mention the teeth did not align with mine and the fit was terrible. They did refund the $975 for partial, but the other expenses were not. In other words, I paid $400 for x-ray and small filling. Horrible experience and a total waste of time and money.

Original review: March 4, 2019

My experience with Affordable Dentures is terrible. They expect me to take a product that is awful. My first appointment was fine but then I went to proceed with the next appointment the extractions and to get my temporary partial. It was way too big. Was told that he wouldn’t let a patient go with that, was told to come back for another one. Well when I got there they completely dismissed that told me it was fine.

Ok so five months I have been miserable with this. Went for my fitting for my permanent partial. It was terrible. The teeth look like baby teeth. The doctor was rude because I didn’t want something that looked bad. So made another appointment same thing. So I basically paid for something that I finally just said ok fine I’ll take it. This has been the worst experience in my life and I have had breast cancer and I don’t think it was as bad as this. Would never recommend them to anyone unless it’s a different office and not the one at Sherwood Forest Blvd in New Orleans. La.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I first went to the Phoenix office, purchased Premiums. The girl doing my impressions seemed to have had zero training. The lab rejected the bottoms 2x, top 3x, bite 4x. Dr. ** finally came in and did the top and bite impressions. I knew the bottom was still gonna be bad and I told 3 different people that worked there but none would listen. They made the dentures anyway. What a shock. The bottom was very crooked and uneven. 2 weeks later they decided to remake them. Even worse. Now the top plate wasn't even close to even touching the roof of my mouth and the bottom hurt me so bad!

The 3rd time I went back in for the pain, Jennifer grinded on it a few times. Still hurt. I look at the denture and there's a piece of metal stuck in it exactly where it's cutting into me. I ask her what that is and she says, "Oh, that's just a piece of my tool stuck in there, but that's not what's hurting you. It's fine." And she leaves it in there and tells me to go home. I go back next morning still in so much pain. Dr. ** is there. They take the bottom, bring it back so ground down that it just falls outta my mouth. They say that's just the way bottoms are.

And the piece of metal mysteriously disappeared, not one word said about it. They relined the top and it still didn't touch the roof of my mouth and was lowered so far down by how much impression material she used that I couldn't close my jaw or swallow right. It hurt to swallow because the teeth were hitting too quick 'cause they don't reline according to proper procedures. Then a different doctor comes in and tells them to remake the bottom. WHAT? After a month I asked for a refund. Couldn't deal with their stupidity, insensitivity and just don't care about us whatsoever.

Then I went to the one in Sun City, AZ, thinking it had to be different. Didn't realize same owner for both locations. These people straight up traumatized me. Again, the girl REBECCA has no clue what she's doing. Messed up every impression she did, the lab guy and so called doctor from the 1st place tried to cover her screw ups and made everything 100x worse. Then all 3 of them lied to me over and over for 4 days, saying they didn't do anything to the top denture. But they tried to remake the bottom for no reason. Right.

Brought the dentures that I couldn't even wear because they were so bad, to get a 2nd opinion. Was told they had been relined and horribly at that. They shifted the entire top plate over to the left 4mm. No wonder it wouldn't fit and I couldn't wear them. Once again, they were lowered and it was difficult and hurt to swallow. And the bottoms were total nightmare. I'm filing complaints with ADA, AZADA, all news stations, everything I can do online. And the saddest part is that Sun City, AZ is retirement community so I can't imagine what these frauds and criminals are doing to the elderly there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Affordable Dentures?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

My appointment was at nine am and I drove over an hour to get there and by noon when I still had not been seen or given any reason as to why every person was taken before me, I left. On my way out they asked if I wanted to reschedule! I had to switch staff around, reschedule clients, wake up at five, get my kids to sitter, get to them before 9am and at noon without a word or care or explanation the many times I asked, I was blown off and only worried about me when I was angry and leaving. The dentures were awful, they did not fit, took a month and half of pain and suffering with inability to eat or function with horrible dentures to get the appointment and then by noon still hadn't been called back for a 9am appointment. No thank you, I would rather pay three times the amount of dentures than to be treated like my days and time mean nothing again.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Will never come here again. I purchased premium full dentures, but my lowers were not premium quality, more like economy. I told them I thought the gum part was too thin, but they just ignored that. The lowers kept breaking and every time they fixed them, they said if it happens again, we will see what the options are. They almost always broke when this office was closed for a week. This was the case when they broke a fourth time. Luckily they have competition now, and I found a GREAT dentist who also has the on site lab. He repaired my lowers and did a reline to get them up to premium quality. They have never fit better and are very strong now. He only charged me $100 to fix them and reline them, A LOT less than it would have cost me here. They should be ashamed for ripping people off. They better change their ways or their competition will cost them in the end.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

02/01/2019 - I got my full set of dentures yesterday after having 22 teeth removed at Affordable Dentures of Newport News, Virginia. I read all the good and bad reviews for Affordable Dentures. So I ventured out myself to see for myself. I had a great experience. The extractions and same-day dentures was a long process, but well worth it. I came in at 8:00 a.m. to do my impressions, left once they told me to so that I could fill my prescriptions that I was going to need prior to the extractions and after-care. I remember 90% of the operation, but once I left to go home, I do not remember anything. That’s how sedated I was from all the ** shots and the ** (pill for anxiety.)

When I woke up on and off through the midnight hours and such, the pain and bleeding was coming to a minimum. When I finally woke up at 6:14 a.m. I was wide awake and continued to take ** for the pain and swelling. It is now 1:06 p.m. and the pain is starting to come back. Again, I will just take another ** and probably lay down with my head propped up.

In a nutshell, that was the gist of my operation and after events. I’m 29 years old, I will be 30 in March. I have bad teeth genetics and it would’ve cost me more to get 7 root canals and whatever else done the dentist recommended I do. I am absolutely terrified of the dentist and there is just no way I was going to sit through all of that and that’s when I considered dentures. Affordable Dentures of Newport News, Virginia made my consultation and surgery an easy process. It’s a lot of information to consume, but the staff was there to answer any and all questions and/or concerns I had. I go back in a week to get stitches out and to see how the healing is coming along with the temporary dentures in.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

First appointment went well. Went over treatment plan - left confident I had made the right choice. I was wrong. The Dr. Talked thru the extractions, I had all my teeth pulled, stuck the temporary dentures in my mouth bleeding and all, said it would help stop the bleeding right? I was gagging before I made it to the truck. I was so sick they fell out as I was throwing up. I have been back to their office several times with the temporary dentures, bones coming out of my gums and sore. Told it was normal and it will get better. I couldn't keep the dentures in no matter how much product I used, tried everything on the market.

Went back several times for adjustments with that disgusting goop they line the dentures with. I waited for 1 full year to get my permanent dentures with the promise I would be satisfied with them with little adjustments. Not true. These are no better than the temporary. I go back Tuesday again for adjustments. My uncle, mother and close friend had their teeth pulled. Impressions made before getting out of the chair. When each one of them went back for the one and only pair of dentures fitted perfect, no goop to keep them in place. They eat anything they want. I can't eat a cracker without them popping up. I paid over $3000.00 for nothing except frustration, pain and dentures that I can't wear. I would not recommend them for anything. Stay away and find yourself an independent dentist. I want my money back so I can go to a real dentist. I went to the Franklin, Indiana office. Please take my advice and find an independent dentist.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

The office on Wiley is a joke. When walking in the lobby area was filthy and they had a portable heater sitting by the entrance. When I went to check in the first thing the receptionist said was, "We don't take insurance." She did not say welcome or anything else just, "We don't take insurance." I had a 3:00 o'clock appointment and arrived at 2:45. I was the only one in the waiting area, at 3:10 another person came in and within 10 minutes he was called. 4 more people came in at 3:30 and I was still waiting. They started calling the other people and I was sitting and waiting.

I went to the window to see what was wrong. It was obvious the people that came in after me and got there at 3:30 did not have a 3:00 o'clock appointment like I did. If the examination rooms are anything like the waiting area I would not have anyone go to the unsanitary conditions. Stay away from this place. One more this, an older man came in to pick up his dentures. They didn't take him back to the rooms. A person brought the dentures out to the lobby and handed them to him. Not in a box, he just put them in his hand. Are you kidding me? Don't walk, run away from this place.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

My husband and I went to get dentures there and PLEASE never go there. We got best dentures they had, well my husband started having troubles way too soon- teeth falling out- 3 different occasions! VERY INCONVENIENT!!! Moved back to PA after and had to make several trips down, to make it short, I believe they were defective!!! So now he was eating hamburger and spaghetti and broke in half only to find out he had to pay 180.00 again. His dentist that USE to be there is no longer, he told him to come back and he would always take care of it because he knew all the troubles.

Also, my bottom was HUGE and wet couple times and still lousy to the point I have 2 layers of scarred skin behind my bottom lip... Affordable took over and said we had no warranty because they put up new pricing- ridiculous!!! All different people- YUCK YUCK YUCK, pushy girl trying to push implants on me. HA HA HA, I wouldn't take my dog to them. Plus, whole place smells like feces...

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Dr. ** and his assistants may be good at extractions but for implants they are not knowledgeable. I had several adjustments and the problem was never resolved. There was a 100 day guarantee and I was told one occasion that I already had 6 visits. I found Dr. ** and his assistant as impersonal and not knowledgeable regarding implants. I had to go to another dentist to get my issues resolved. Look for another dentist when it comes to implants.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

BEWARE OF AFFORDABLE DENTURES!! Northglenn, Colo. office. I paid $2000 for the Ultimate Fit 7 year warranty dentures, upper and lower in Feb 2018. Now Jan 1 2019. 11 months later, a lower front tooth fell out of the bottom plate while I was eating and they REFUSE to repair it under the warranty. They want $150 to repair it. They tell me that the warranty only covers craftsmanship. If the Dentures were made correctly in the first place the tooth wouldn't have fell out. "NOT BROKE. JUST FELL OUT OF THE SOCKET." My last Dentures From Comfort Dental were 7 years old and I never had a problem with teeth falling out. So much for paying the extra money for the better Dentures with a 7 year warranty. I would only give 1/2 star if I could. Go to a dentist that appreciates your business! This office is under new management and will not honor warranties from when Dr.** was there.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Dr. Yusuf **, DDS is extremely professional, knowledgeable, and knows his job. His staff are top of the line also. My experience was the greatest in my life, having a total set of new dentures made. I have worn dentures for 50 years, these are the best fitting, best looking and I can eat the best with the new ones from Affordable Dentures.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Dr. ** is a fine doctor but you pay for 3 sets of dentures. They add additional charges without your knowledge. I asked what service you performed for that money, they say we upgraded, we did not. We are not happy with their service.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I paid for the “ultimate” dentures - supposedly their best ones. The teeth are off centered and diagonal. The lowers are also crooked. This “dentist” and the lab techs are a joke. Didn’t even attempt to make things right as the warranty on their website states. The gums are lumpy. There are pits on top and behind the teeth where food gets stuck constantly. The dentist was in dirty clothes and had grass in his hair. He yelled at me when I told him I wasn’t satisfied. Apparently he thinks it’s ok to intimidate women. What a rude piece of ** he was. They don’t even understand the concept of muscles in your mouth. I went to Lakewood CO office but this looks to be the way they conduct business everywhere. Very disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I went to Affordable Dentures with high hopes that they could help me. I need partials with implants to help them stay in. The first thing I noticed is how unfriendly they are. No "Hi, How are you." All the lady at the front desk did is took my papers and said, "Have a seat." I waited about 40 minutes before I was called back. I was instantly took for x-rays before even talking to the dentist. When the assistant finally talked to me I told her I want crowns and implants to hold my partials in and I need new partials. She then told me that they don't do crowns and the dentist here doesn't do implants here because she is still learning and refers the patients to another dentist. I said then I should just leave and she said wait and speak to the dentist. The dentist came in and told me the same thing the assistant said. She said she would get me the referral numbers. I her, "No thank you" and just left. I left in total shock. Definitely not what I was expecting. So disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I've worn dentures for 20 years. I went to affordable dentures for a new pair. I have never been satisfied. First got them I could not talk right they had to adjust so much they were loose right from the beginning. I left came back because I was biting my lip on one side and cheek on other. They did an adjustment. My jaw started popping shortly after with headache ear pain (MTJ) I have not had any good experiences. Have not been able to tend to this for a while due to my Husband's cancer. Plan on going elsewhere to get this fixed and a new pair. I will be suing them for repairs and a refund as well. Do not let this happen to you. Go to a real dentist. Not these probies.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I had all of my teeth extracted on 8/21/18 and temporary full set of dentures made. I was told there would be some bruising and soreness. I did not expect to look like I got the ** beat out of me by Mike Tyson! After 3 weeks of healing time I went back to get the dentures adjusted. The day they adjusted them the teeth fit and I felt no pain. The following day they were loose and painful. I also had a headache and jaw pain since the first day of wearing these dentures. I returned to their office to get adjustments and inform them of the continued headache and pain in my jaw a few times per week with same results.

Feel and fit okay when I leave and a few hours later they are loose and painful. I asked the attendant and she said that they were not going to be perfect because they were temporary. My response was that they are temporary for a year. I have mouth and jaw pain, a constant headache and I cannot eat with them because they are crooked. Again, adjust and fine and next day back to the way they were.

Again I go back the following day. I had a new attendant and I asked her why they seem fine the day I go in but then a few hours or the next day they are loose and painful again. She said, "Just a minute," and left the room. When she came back she handed me **. I had never heard of it before. She asked me not to say where I got it and told me that it is a denture adhesive with a numbing agent in it. They line the denture with it and it glues and numbs and they feel great until it wears off.

After several weeks of complaining of the constant headache and jaw pain with no relief and the ill fit and painful dentures I went to a local dentist for a 2nd opinion. He said that the baseline of the dentures were off and causing my jaw pain and that the lack of depth to the teeth were the cause of the headaches. I went back to Affordable Dentures with this information and they finally decided that they should make me a new set of teeth. I felt so relieved. I have not been able to eat anything substantial, I could not wear the teeth due to the pain and therefore was not able to leave my house.

I go for the fitting for my new set of dentures. They feel fine and seem to fit. This is a Friday afternoon. Saturday morning I was devastated. I put the top in and immediately felt intense sharp pain. There was a spur on the upper pallet. I put in the lower denture and there was 1/4 inch play of front to back movement. The bottom edge of the denture dug into the lower area of both the inner and outer area of my gums. The following Monday I go to another local dentist. He took one look at the teeth in my mouth and said that there was no way that these teeth were made to fit you 3 days ago. He told me not to wear them and to get a lawyer.

I went back to Affordable Dentures that day and asked for my 100 day 100% refund and they refused. They were going to deduct for both sets of teeth and all of my office visits. So I asked instead if I could transfer to the Burns, TN office. They agreed. I went to my car and called the Burns office and they made me an appointment and while they were getting my personal info they had a call come in and put me on hold. When the receptionist came back to the phone she canceled my appointment and told me they were no longer taking transfer patients.

So, today, November 12, 2018, I went to see a lawyer. It has been 90 days now since I had my teeth extracted. 90 days with an intense headache. 90 days with intense jaw and mouth pain. 90 days that I have not been able to eat anything but soup, potatoes, yogurt and the like. Today I find out that the 100 day 100% guarantee does not start until you get your final permanent denture. So for 1 year and 100 days I get to have a headache, jaw and mouth pain, not be able to eat and not leave my house because I will not be able to wear my loose fitting, ill made torture devices. Monetary loss is $2685.00 including the cost of 2nd opinions but will be more when I have to pay another dentist for another set of dentures. Loss is close to 6k.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Started this procedure in November of 2017 and I am still without a bottom partial and my ultimate fit snap ons. Every time I call the office I am given a runaround and to come in for something other than what I have been seen for. Charts are a mess, insurance is a mess and I'm still without what I paid for. Pure Chaos at the Denton location with a high employee turnover rate. They lie and never call you back when requested and it's a pure ripoff. I have never been given any instructions so this whole process, my husband and I have been winging it. I would highly NOT recommend the Denton location or Affordable Dentures and Implants.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

The front office staff are very unprofessional and rude. The lady in the first chair never acknowledged me when I approached to check in. She was busy looking at Facebook on her phone. The lady in the second chair was rude when I checked out and asked about getting a dentist signature on my reimbursement paperwork. She stated that I should just send the paperwork into my dental insurance company without a signature. Last, when I had my extraction, the dentist approached me with a partial that they had made for me. I didn't ask for a partial. I had one BACK tooth pulled, and you can't even see where it was pulled. I was charged $325.00 for a partial that I don't need. The dental assistant was the nicest person in the office.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Just had heart attack week ago. Called to have tooth pulled that been hurting. Get to office. Got me scheduled for something that was never asked for. Waiting over an hour from appointment time we with nothing... no one feeling the need to acknowledge I even exist. Tooth pain can affect your heart and they wanting to act like I got to wait another day. I scheduled an extraction today... telling them ahead of time about my condition. Scheduled extraction... so how am I still sitting here in pain hours later. No extraction but a consultation bill... never asked for consultation. Then woman at desk is super rude.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I am an Indiana resident. I did not know there was an office in Indiana closer to me at the time. And no one told me any differently. My first visit to the Kentucky office, I was 10 minutes late because I was unfamiliar with the exits, it was dark and didn't see the exit in time. Got to their office, at the front desk and was beginning to tell then who I was and what had happened, when the manager started berating me in front of 2 other office personnel. I started to explain what happened but she cut me off each time and talked down to me like a silly child. When I asked who was in charge in the office, she said 'I am.' Who was I going to complain to? I was humiliated. But I carried on with the procedure, I wanted new teeth so badly!

The Dr in this office is 5 stars! She is wonderful. I even finally got to apologize at the end of this visit for what happened (I got no apology). I went to the next appt and it was so uncomfortable. Same woman was doing the build up of my soft plate again. No eye contact even. Short clipped sentences, rushed attitude. Geez, I had questions but didn't feel like I could ask her. Next visit another assistant did the build up on my software. Upon leaving I told the office I would be moving to New Smyrna Beach FL (move every 6 months for husband's job). Gave me the closest contact # which was Daytona Beach, FL. Said to contact them when I get moved there and set things up with them. This was a couple of months ago. I have since found out my husband will not be going to FL but will be in Indiana.

When I found out we would still be in the area I called the Ky office but I truly didn't care to go back to the same uncomfortable atmosphere again. I called and the same person answered laughing into the phone several times before saying hello. Took the information and gave me an appt. When I got off the phone I wished I had not contacted her office at all. I was reminded how coldly I was treated so I started googling. I found out there is an office within 15 miles of my home in Indiana! Terrific, problem solved? No.

My 'case, all my stuff' is in Daytona Beach. According to B at Affordable Dentures hotline the Indiana office won't let me transfer there if I have a problem with the KY office. I can't go down to Daytona Beach to complete my dental package and the office in KY is out, I'll never go back. What do I do now? Oh, and the guy I've talked to at Affordable Dentures 'B' says he's not moving forward with any of this even though I've talked with him several times and gave a complete statement to another Affordable Dentures phone rep. I've done my part and they are sitting on their part in resolve this issue. He would not give me a contact person above his jurisdiction to speak with. Ok...signing off now. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Oct 1 I go in for first time upper denture. Went well and very good fit. Oct 8 I go in for minor adjustments needing a few "tapping" teeth filed. I regretted it immediately after leaving. She cut back off the denture and trimmed the sides!!! What!!?? Needless to say the denture slipped. They no longer fit and had no hold. Oct 16 returned to address issues, they would not make new ones and just relined. Not without a bad attitude though. "I" didn't trim my dentures!! "They" did, but they take no responsibility. I'll look elsewhere for new ones and never darken their door again!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I went 8 years ago to Affordable Dentures Montgomery Al. They were great. I wore them that long - best fitting ever. Well went back this past year and it was awful. They put that goop on it so you don't know how they fit. The other teeth I got never had to wear anything to keep them in. But these I got I have to buy some relining kits to do till I can get some more.

I went back before my 60 days were up and they did a little something and put that goop in it and put them back in my mouth. I told them I never had to wear that stuff with my others. I had used it and they would still come out. Know what they asked me, "Do you drink anything after you put them in?" With it of course I did. Well that was what was wrong. I guess you are not suppose to drink nothing all day or eat. Well I won't be going back. I'm waiting 'til I get the money to go to Aspen Dental and get some more and they take insurance. Will never go back there and don't advise any one else to.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Affordable Dentures in Lakewood Colorado. I have only 4 teeth on the top of my mouth. This causes me to be pretty depressed. Maybe this is why I fell for it. I went to my free consultation, this I found out later was free because they would get money later. I explained to them I have been told I have a lot of bone loss so worry I am not able to get this done. The doctor came in after the 2d exam and explained to me he could do one with 4 implants. Although not the one I wanted as I want the nonremovable, these were affordable and could be done. They then come in and give you a sheet with the full plan.

The start is a 3D exam and radiology report to put implants in a safe spot. It cost 500 dollars upfront. My panic hit, I again told them I was told due to bone loss I couldn’t have implants so I was afraid to pay the 500. I was reassured that it’s just to find the placement. “He wouldn’t start it if he didn’t think he could help you” I was told. So I paid the 500 and went home super excited. I drained money from my 401k knowing I’ll have tax penalties but didn’t care because finally I would have dentures that didn’t fall out and could eat normal.

A week later they called to set up an appt for my impressions, but when the lady said “In case” I’m a candidate I panicked. I said, "So you're not sure he can do this?" She said, "Pretty sure but he still needs to review 3D but he likes to be ready." Well that would be another 400, thank goodness my gut said wait. I was told they could not help me but they would give me a referral to a surgeon. So they got 500 to tell me what I told them? Why have a free consultation? Is it to make you pay for one after because anywhere else after a free consultation if they can do it they set it up, if they can’t they don’t. So just know the free consultation does not matter, you will get no real answer until you pay the 500. Truly sad and suckered.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Multiple "attempts" to correct issues, everyone has failed. Told to do one-thing by corp. Then does what they want. Never gets any better. Only worse. I have been trying for years now to get my dentures to fit and sit properly. I have no idea why they keep fixing broken dentures time and time again. When I first transferred my account from Fresno CA to Tulsa OK for my implants that was a whole ordeal itself with one Dr not wanting to release the funds to the new office, not helping by talking to the Fresno Dr directly only through email. But eventually it was done and started all the issues.

Soon after they were put in before my washers were put in they cracked. Then the office refused to service them because it was from another office which they knew when they transferred my account. I dealt for weeks without my teeth and Virginia ** from home office then said that she would speak to the office and approve to create a new set of bottoms to fix the broken ones. I get to the office and they did not have my shade of teeth (different vendors) and then they said they can take all the teeth out and place them in the new mold. I agreed to try and not be difficult and trusted in them.

When this was done my bite felt even worse off but they said it will feel tight. 1 month later my top set started to lose teeth told by a desk agent to super glue it in (BTW THAT VOIDS WARRANTY) but don't tell anyone. Once again 3 months after the bottoms crack again. I call the office. They said to bring them in and they will repair. I explain the bite is what's doing this. They said they would look at it and correct. Then I call V. **. After much explaining and deliberating, She said that she would have the office create me a complete new set. I go in and the prostatiton and dentist said that, "This is a easy fix. We can adjust the teeth again and reset the bite with a reline etc." I heard them say that they were backed up and didn't want to create a new set.

Once again thinking that it may work and not be too difficult I agree. Again even know V. ** said a full new set, they did what they want instead of what was told. The bite hurt my implants and started to ache after he did his fix. Another tooth fell out of the top. I called. He said use the mouthwash and if doesn't get better let him know. Well it started to feel better then I pulled my bottoms out to clean and with it came a implant. At that point I was DONE. All the money that was put into the teeth and I never, never had a secure fit. With teeth that never fitted I had to overfill the top teeth with denture past to compensate for the bottoms, causing me to choke on the denture paste when it leaks down my the back of my mouth. They never listen, they do only what they want.

I have medical disorder that has me to make limited interactions with people and hearing the office say they don't know what they can do for me and saying they fix things when it's outside of warranty without payment. Made me feel less that I just wanted to run out of the office so belittle and overwhelmed. I never demand free repairs but I begged and pleaded with the office to correct what they broke. I called customer service again. I couldn't reach V. ** anymore and the person who I spoke with said there is nothing that can be done at their level anymore and said he will note the account but it is considered closed. At this point I begged the office further to help me. I mean begged.

They told me to come in and they would repair the implant. Then I came in. He said, "What do you want me to do? Fix it or take it out?" I didn't pay for the service for you to take them out and at that time I shut down again and I just wanted out of there. He made a appt the following week to put it back in. Filed it down and said, "Come back in a couple of months to get the washer." Well they still didn't fit right. Once again explained to him again that If he would have done what V ** said to do we wouldn't be going through all this. He never recalled that but I explained in detail what happened. Then he went and talked to the staff and the staff pointed blame at someone and said they never relayed that message to them so they were never aware.

He then said, "Let me try and make this right, I know I can." Well it's been approx 2 to 3 months since my implant was put back in and TODAY MY TEETH CRACKED/BROKE AGAIN! I just can't keep doing this. I can't eat right, I can't chew my food properly, I swallow food whole or eat soup. It's doing havoc on my digestive system. This needs to be fixed at this point. I need a new top and bottoms or a full refund of the teeth and implants. The teeth in my mouth chew as good as Halloween vampire teeth.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

There is no phone number for the actual dentist office so I had to make an appointment thru a representative in N.C. I drive 45 miles to the office only to find out they were closed! I called customer service back to find out what's going on and they didn't even have record of me having an appointment! So I angrily drive another 45 miles back home! I made another appointment but after reading all the negative reviews on them, I'm thinking it was a blessing in disguise that my appointment got screwed up and decided I am going to seek services with anyone but Affordable Dentures!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

If it was possible I would give them an absolute minus 10 Stars. First off I go in the office. The staff that greeted me was polite that I will give them. Had X-rays done. Was waiting to see what the doctor would say. When he came in he had no bedside manner. I was leaning back in a chair and shook his hand and he said he would try to save a couple of teeth whatever. Was talking for a little bit and then walked out of the room. I don't know if it was an assistant I assume was telling me options I had. Then the doctor Vick walked in and I thought he was joking at first. He asked me why I squeeze his hand so hard when I shook it. Mind you the hand I shook with has been broken and operated on before and still has issues.

So when I shook his hand I was in the laying down position in the chair and he was standing up. Totally could not believe that I actually hurt somebody's hand. I even showed my wife how hard I shook his hand and she was like totally baffled. I was so irritated when I found out that he was literally being serious. I'm not going to lie. I told him to kiss my rear end. I would never intentionally try to hurt somebody but I got a feeling that something wasn't right to begin with. For he was apprehensive about even shaking and hand when he first walk in.

And all my business experience as that's the first thing you do when you greet somebody in a professional manner shake their hand. I really never meant to harm his hand and still now do not believe that that was the case. I would tell you this, I have a strong gut feeling from the time I was in there and only increase the longer I was there. Needless to say it ended with me telling him that there's no way I could have harmed him by the amount of pressure I squeeze with my hand on a handshake.

Again I've had surgery on that hand. I walked out. Told him I was leaving. He said, "Leave and don't come back," and that was that. No worries. They're so if you do decide to go to this dentist please beware if you have to shake his hand make sure you don't do anything but put your hand out there and let him shake it. I am totally floored and still cannot understand whatever got in this guy. If I really felt that I did something to her and him I would have apologized but there is absolutely no way that was possible when I shake hands my hands crackle.

Totally would never recommend this place and they don't even have somebody in there to put the dentures together let alone was they able to do anything at that point because their lab technician walked out apparently for no apparent reason. Warning warning warning very bad vibes here. 1 + the lady at the counter was very courteous and dealing with and when she did my x-rays was very courteous. After that it all went downhill. I pray you all read this because the way I feel right now I'm not sure how I want to feel. I'm angry yet I'm troubled because it was such an eerie feeling when I was in that room. I can't explain. I never put reviews up like this but I really want to stress anybody considering to go to this dentist reconsider. Bottom line is I had to initial consultation and that was the end of that. God bless.

Affordable Dentures expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Affordable Dentures and Implant Solutions was established by three dentisits in Kinston, North Carolina in 1975. The dental practice set itself apart by offering same-day service. Now, there are more than 220 affiliated practices in the United States.

• On-site denture lab: All Affordable Denture practices have a denture lab on site, which means consumers can get their dentures or crowns faster than they could at practices where dentures must be ordered.

• Options: Affordable Dentures offers several types of dentures, including partial dentures, and multiple kinds of dental implants. The choices allow patients to select the quality and look of dentures they want at a price within their budget.

• Insurance information: Not all Affordable Dental locations accept the same insurance plans. Interested patients can visit company’s website to find the nearest location and see which dental insurance plans that particular practice accepts.

• Clear fees: Interested patients can see Affordable Dental and Implant Solutions’ fees and costs on each practice’s website. Customers can contact individual practices for questions about costs, financing and insurance.

• Special offers: All locations regularly have special offers to lower patients’ out-of-pocket cost. Consumers can visit the website for the location nearest them to see a list of special offers.

• Best for: patients who need help choosing the best denture for their needs or anyone who wants their dentures quickly.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs