Aspen Dental

Stow, OH

Compare Dentists and Doctors

Research top Dentists and Doctors recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

In October 2016 I had new dentures made. I was told to come back for adjustment in a few days. It took two weeks to get an appointment. After this appointment I was told to return in a week but I was unable to get any appointment for five weeks. When I called to complain I was told that any further adjustment appointment would be in excess of two months. This is ridiculous. I have had my denture for almost two months and have had only two meals without extreme pain. If I could I would go elsewhere.

I have UPMC for You for dental procedures that they cover and for procedures that they do not cover I have iDental Plan. The Greensburg (Jeannette) office manager has refused to accept me as a patient because I have two plans. The office manager's reasoning in this matter is not logical.

New to the area. Needed to get my teeth clean, so I made app with Aspen Dental in thomaston. The dental xray and exam were no charge. There was one sm cavity. I also needed a deep cleaning and scraping below the gum line. There would be 3 appointments 2 at 60 to 90 min each. One in 3 month follow up. Pretty sure there would be additional charges at that time. (Two years ago I had a deep cleaning at my old dentist, took about 50 min. Also they used antibiotic in the treatments. Total cost at that deep cleaning 125.00.)

After the exam I met with the officer manager. I was numb when she estimate the total cost at 1845.00. Then the pressure was on. She wanted 60 percent down 1150 00 rest on second app. 700.00. Never had to pay up front before. Wow. When I complain she lower it to 400.00 down payment. To be honest I felt like I was buying a used car. After looking at all the reviews online their only interest in is charging as much as they can. Whatever happened to good old honest business ethics? Disappointed.

I was told when I had a dental exam that I had 2 cavities. I have not had any cavities in 45 years so I had my X-rays from Aspen checked by another dentist. He did not see anything. I went to another dental practice and they did not see anything. Aspen was just looking to pad their bill with unnecessary work.

I went into Aspen Dental in Traverse City, Mi. On an emergency need, was last patient for night, got me in 8 am next morning. I needed all of my teeth removed, I worried all night about it for nothing. These people were absolutely wonderful, from the front desk all the way to the back. Everybody was very kind, and very attentive to everything I had to say. I would highly recommend this office to everybody I know, and have never said that about any dentist office I have ever been to before. There isn't enough praise for this office.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspen Dental?

Aspen Dental, Wade Hampton Blvd. Taylors SC. I went to Aspen to have a bridge glued in and an opinion on replacing a filling. I paid $100 for the bridge glue in, and the Dentist sad she could easily replace the filling that came out. The space had no decay, just make an appointment. I told Aspen the bridge felt like a rock in my mouth and was told to keep biting pressure on it. The bridge came out with the first chew after 4 hours. I went back in a couple of days later with the identical results. I bought temporary dental filling material from Walgreen's and have had no more problem with the bridge. I called to make an appointment to have the filling repaired and after detailed explanation of the previous filling evaluation appointment. After three phone waiting periods, I was told I have to come in and pay for a second evaluation of the replacement filling. Aspen looks for ways to try to screw over customers.

Have had Aspen Dental dentures for a year. I have lost weight, after a year still can't eat celery or carrots, nuts, or many foods I enjoy. The upper plate makes me gag, and even peanuts hurt too much to eat. I lost 40 pounds and 4 inches off my waistline. I was 6 ft tall, 180 pounds with a 34 inch waist, and now I can wear 28 inch waist pants. I am 68 years old and can't afford to lose much more weight, and be too embarrassed to eat out at restaurants... Find another dentist or you will be as sorry as I am.

First of all the reason it's a star because this site requires you to put something. If it was up to me it would not me a star at all! This is the worst office ever!! First they started with me, after having an appointment they lost my SSN and chart. They put it with someone else's chart. I needed 4 teeth taken out because I was in pain, and no one bothered to call me to schedule the appt after my visit when they said that they would. I Waited for 2 weeks until I could not take the pain anymore. When I called they had no clue who I was and asked for my SSN several times again. Finally they got it straighten out and I tried trusting them again, what a BIG mistake.

I schedule an appt for my 6 year old and had to reschedule her appt because she was ill on the day of the appt. On the next appt I got to the office with my paperwork already filled out for her so that it would not be any issues. After waiting an HOUR they told me that "They don't see kids". They could have told me that prior to driving through traffic to get there. Horrible!! I called my brother which is a manager at another Aspen Dental. He called them and they finally called to apologize. The office did not care what they did to me!!!! I would NEVER tell ANYONE ANYTHING positive about this place.

Do not go to these people. They hike up the prices and lied to me concerning my teeth. Told by the hygienist that I could purchase their toothbrush and toothpaste for people with gingivitis / periodontal disease, and then not allowed to. I left, and then they forgot. I called them back and they told me I could not purchase it unless I had my teeth cleaned with their special gum cleaning process which for one side was 368. I believe my insurance pays for 80 percent. I had gotten this done before somewhere else for a lot less money. They told me that my gums were infected as well as some of my teeth and they would not give me an antibiotic.

They gave me a price of over 150000 and with our insurance it was around 7500. I told them I could not do it at this time, and all of the sudden they became extremely insensitive. The Attorney General in some states has sued these people. You can see it online. If I had known this I would not have gone there. They do the old bait-and-switch method, in Ohio I know this is illegal, but in Florida I have no idea. Moving on from here.

I've had a full upper since 1986 with very few problems. I have very soft teeth. I went in to get the remaining 10 bottom ones out and get a full denture. Oh no these teeth are fine. Well one needed pulling. Ok. It was done with **. After 45 minutes of trying he called for a scalpel. By this time the ** was wearing off. Blood everywhere and a horrible experience. The partial. It was made to loop over the one that was pulled! I went back 3 times (an hour away). I went again yesterday and it's still too painful to wear. No insurance and I'm 63. The bill was at $1800 so now I'm making payments and don't know how to get out of this! I would never recommend them and will not go back. They made me feel stupid.

I needed a dentist bad. Had a tooth hurting me for a while. After shopping around and having no insurance, I found Aspen Dental in Hot Springs AR. They was the cheapest that I could find and fit me in fast. First time I have ever had a dentist that did NOT hurt me at all. She was awesome & the staff was great. They also work with you on financial services. It's a one stop shop. Also they do partials & dentures done there. All you need to know about your teeth and gums & individual prices. Good Women. Light Hand. May God Bless her sweet heart.

I was having severe problems with my teeth. I had a broken tooth and decided that I was going to have them all pulled and get dentures. I went into a Vancouver, WA office and had an evaluation. I was given an estimate of $13,000. That included extraction of all my teeth, two surgeries (which I was billed for and not explained) and full upper and lower dentures. I got home and looked up on the internet the two surgeries. One was to detach the little flap of skin that attaches the upper lip to your gum and the second was to reshape the bone on my upper gum. Very invasive and expensive.

I went and got two other opinions. One dentist would not do a complete extraction and set of dentures because they thought my teeth could be saved. Probably thought they could make more money on the treatments. They said that even if they would pull all my teeth, the recommended surgeries from Aspen Dental were not needed. I then went to the third dentist. I actually had him do all the work. I had all (32) teeth pulled, dentures made, and 6 soft relines done for $5800.00. The surgeries. The surgeries. He said that they were not necessary and that most dentist will bill and charge you for them and not even do them. They just list them on the billing not expecting someone to actually check and see what it is. I'm sorry about all the bad experiences I've read about from patients of Aspen Dental. I guess I'm lucky I had 2nd and 3rd evaluations. It was worth the money since I saved almost $7000.00 not going to Aspen.

I started being seen for dentures in January 2016. At first things seemed to be going okay. But then I was made to wait hours for the appointment. Then once the appointment started was only seen for minutes... Then during an appointment a young technician messed up my temporary dentures and for 8 weeks afterwards I complained about this and no one seemed to care. Then a new dentist started at this practice and she promised me that she would fix the temporary dentures and started to make the permanent dentures.

This dentist only saw me for roughly 30 minutes during my six months of care at Aspen. And during my last appointment when they did not have the supplies to fix my temporary dentures, she treated me as if I had done something wrong because I was complaining about my care. She then began to chastise me like I was a child and then brought the office manager into my appointment saying I was being rude and she did not feel comfortable alone with me even though my wife was present and she was rude to her also. Then when I contacted Aspen Patient Satisfaction number to complain about my treatment, I was informed at this time that this dentist who again only saw me for 30 minutes of my six month care at Aspen had discharged me from services because she was afraid of me and deaminized me as if I was the bad guy.

And because of this she voided my contract and now I have ill fitting permanent dentures that hurt me everyday and because of her discharging me I am no longer allowed to see any dentist within the Aspen organization and voided my 7 year warranty on my dentures. I am in the process of hiring a lawyer for breach of contract and poor medical ethics. Contacting Aspen was a joke. They are allowing this dentist to do this and I have no rights as a patient. I entered the contract with Aspen and not Dr. **. All I did was complain about the indifference I was treated with and did not blame this dentist for my treatment. So if you are in need of getting a pair dentures you may want to think twice about going to the Aspen Dental Organization.

I went Aspen Dental, told me I owed no more money. Went back to finish, charge me again. Cannot get my refund and now month later woke up my whole tooth fell out, one that I didn't go for repair but the dentist said it had a small cavity in it. Never go to this place.

I am very angry. I went to Aspen Dental and got my teeth taken out and dentures put right in... I don't know what the man used in my mouth but he took off some of the gum and I cannot wear the bottoms at all and the tops about gag me. This is the second set they made me and charged me 3500.00. I spoke to several dentist since then and they really messed my mouth up. Have bone or the tooth sticking out and I can't wear them. The ones they put in my mouth was a plastic and that was to make sure they fit. Well those fit good but when I got home and started wearing them. I was so mad. But I have kept paying them until now.

I will never go back to them and I warn people don't go. It is a rip off. They mess your gums up and the teeth they make are sorry. I been paying for way over a yr now. Made so many trips to gainesville to try to get them right. But not going thru that again. Not paying anymore money as I feel they got a $1.00 to much. 83.00 a month. I am on soc sec and they are outrageous on the charges... I will never go back and if you're smart never use them. Have dentures and can't wear them and now I have to go to a dentist to try to get some teeth that fit... No more payments. I may get a lawyer and take them to court.

What began as a positive experience just became progressively worse. Last Spring, I developed an abscess tooth. I was happy that Aspen would see me the same day. I went in, had an exam, and was talked into a root canal and crown. I was given a reasonable price and a date for the procedure. I signed an agreement to pay approximately $1,200, after insurance, for the WHOLE process. I asked several times, if I would owe anymore, and was told no. Well... when I went to have the root canal done, this other dentist wasn't sure if the tooth needed a root canal but talked me into it for preventative reasons. Then came the temporary crown that fell out as soon as I got home. While fitting me for the crown, the dentist shaved the enamel down on the healthy adjacent tooth, which I didn't know about until I went to a new dentist. How could the new dentist see this? BECAUSE the "permanent" crown broke within the first week!

They did offer to replace it for free, but there was NO WAY I was going through that process at Aspen again. A few weeks later, I received a separate bill for over $800 for money they said insurance would cover but didn't. I think it is a scam. They had this $800 listed on the original agreement as an "insurance benefit," as opposed to "insurance discount." Never once did they tell me that that $800 was not guaranteed. If I had known that this less than satisfactory experience would have cost me over $2,000, I NEVER would have gotten it without a 2nd opinion. Shady estimate/business practices, and poor quality dentistry. AVOID!

I went to Aspen in Branson for 2 visits prior to this one which was to receive my completed crown. When I left after initial visit and all cost less insurances were tallied I was informed I owed $470. and I said I would pay 1/2 now and they said the least would be 60% so I paid 300 dollars. And today when I returned the person behind the counter informed me I was to pay 170 and some change. I said I would upon completion and she said she was to collect in NOW. I asked if she was going to shoot or kill me if I did not pay upfront. I asked if my insurance company pays for services in advance and she kept talking and then I said I have worked as contractor and no one can charge all cost up front till job is completed.

This employee kept talking and so I walked away and said some how I thought I was the customer and was not shocked by the treatment giving the looks of the gang banger addressing me as if she was a retired drug dealer. So I still ask does all insurance companies, welfare social services and other government hand out pay the bill in advance and are receptionist trained to be attack dogs at Aspen Dental and there was 3 other clients in the lobby witness this exchange.

I went to Aspen Dental in Kingsport tn and was fitted for ComfiLytes Dentures. I paid $2100 for the set. Well they took my impression and went by my old dentures. I told them my old dentures was loose. Well when I went to get my new dentures I had glue on my gums. Well they was still a little loose so I thought "ok they look good." Well I tried every glue there is and still wont hold for about an hour and when I wear them they so loose they hurt my mouth. I took them back about a yr ago so they could fix them. Well they put soft lining in them and didn't help. Just made my dentures look awful. I don't think that's right. They went by my old ones. Its been 4 yrs and I have a 7 yr warranty on them. To me they should redo their job over. I would never recommend anyone going there for dentures. I have been so unhappy with my dentures. And for that price they should have fit good.

I've been receiving my dental services for the past two years. I have Tricare, Aetna, plus a dental insurance on the side. All of the render service are paid for. I currently owe them nothing. On my initial service plan they told me my dental plan hardly cover anything so they have me apply for a dental loan. I received a print out of what my insurance pay them and realize they still wanted me to pay for services that were already pay for or for services I didn't received. When confronting the staff there about this she tells me that my plan is not good enough and that I should get another one.

After my initial tx plan was finish and paid for. Made an appointment for hygiene only, at the time the front person tells me that my insurance didn't cover fluoride tx and that I have to pay $45.00, at this I told her I only wanted a cleaning. They completely ignore what I wanted. Did X-rays and periodontal. Whole nine yards. I paid for it anyways but was not pleased at all.

Finally I was in need of an implant and call their Foley, Alabama office since they don't have that service in Pensacola, FL. I told them I needed an appointment after 10 am. Wanted make sure I was able to keep the appointment since from where I live is an hour drive. Called four times. Every time they gave me the runaround. Wanted me to pay upfront $117.00 for consult but could not assured me the time of the appointment, I asked to speak with the manager. Got the same treatment, I told her money was not an issue. I could pay with a credit card for the consult but she kept insisting that she could not do it. That I need to go their office which is an hour away just to pay for an appointment consult.

Both person at the Pensacola, FL and manager at Foley, Alabama were very rude and unprofessional. When you need to address an issue they will not let you finish and talk over you which is very rude, disrespectful. I finally had enough. They are clearly an dishonest investment firm not an affordable dental care place. I advice anyone looking for services to check the reviews on this practice before getting services with this investing firm. That's what I should've done first.

Got new dentures in April 2015. Returned 6 times in a year. Each time they did an "adjustment" I was told I had to wear them and "get used to them". The last time I was told there was nothing more they could do. The dentures did not fit and made my mouth and gums sore. I filed a complaint with the local BBB. BBB informed me Aspen Dental did not respond to the complaint. Aspen Dental advertises a 100% money back guarantee. I paid Aspen Dental $3000.00 and am back to wearing my old dentures. STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE!!!

On sept 29th 2016 I had 6 teeth extracted, I was to return the next day at 9 am. Once there at the office and I checked in I waited in the lobby till 9:20 am then I was put into a dental chair and waited another 20 minutes before I decided this is bull, they double booked or even triple booked appointments and I was not going to put up with this so I got up and left.

Encountered the most rude, disrespectful, and unprofessional experience at Aspen Dental Care located in Farmington, Missouri beginning in August thru September 2016. The dentist, Juan **, DDS, spoke in the rudest and disrespectful manner without just cause while in the dental chair. Prior to this, inquired with receptionist about waiting almost one hour beyond scheduled appointment. Hearing that dentist accepted another walk-in patient without appt. At the initial visit with office manager, recognized an effort to to have me pay an amount above the Careington Dental Discount Plan.

When pointed out that I had the Plan's procedure amounts/codes, she offered a lower amount. What I can recommend is, Buyer Beware...this business is unlike anything seen after 40 years of dental care history with others. Filed complaint with Aspen Dental corporate. Not seeing that Aspen Dental will not post any unfavorable patient reviews on their internet website...makes me wonder now who is actually writing all these glowing reviews. Beware folks.

Due to radiation treatments my teeth started to fail rapidly and dramatically. I had 4 teeth break off at the gum line. At the time it looked pretty bad for our hero, I was being advised to “get my affairs in order” as my condition was terminal. So I figured why bother fixing my teeth as I was told I had 6 months tops to live. Fast forward 4 years the lymphoma treated and was now “indolent” and I probably had many years left.

By now most of my teeth were either broken off at the gum line or sheets of my tooth enamel were shearing off. I am 100% disabled, my wife is sick and money is tight. My wife said even if we have to borrow $$ to get the dental work done it had to be dealt with. I had one wisdom tooth that was surrounded by a huge cyst. If it ruptured and septicemia set in it would be fatal. I provide this narrative to illustrate that I, like so many others, was suffering immense physical and mental pain. This starkly illustrates how little Aspen Dental cares about you, you're just a big $$$ sign to them.

Go to Aspen Dental, everyone is sugary sweet, full of compassion, and just want to help you. The examination the results were not unexpected. 14 extractions, all upper teeth would be removed and several lower ones. Again the dentist was slicker than poop through a panther. Gravely concerned but confident that the experts at Aspen Dental would make me whole again. Just stop by the front office to make arrangements for immediate treatment and payment. Plan A was $11,000 not including dentures or bridge. The office Master Con-artist saw my shock and said we could do it this other way for $5,600.00. Again without dentures or bridge and no anesthesia.

These guys have it down to a science, blow client out of the water with huge estimate than kindly “sharpening her pencil” and coming up with a lower price. They were trying to make me think they were concerned for my health and the $$ was secondary. They had me hooked, reeled in, and I was almost in the boat. When I said I needed to think about it things changed fast, real fast.

Pleasant lady turned into an ** like someone flipped a switch. Started to blame me for my health problems, saying I probably never brushed my teeth ever, and sign or stop wasting her precious time. There were people there that were “really sick” and my spineless sniveling was sickening. I stood up, gave her the one finger salute and told her to go ** herself and her pathetic scam tactics. I spoke clearly and loudly for the benefit of the folks in the waiting room ten feet away. The look on her face was precious beyond description. I turned on my heel and continuing my red-ass tantrum marched out. To summarize they are liars and cheats. The kind of people who steal the pennies off a dead man's eyes. I went to a local dentist and had all the work done for $3,864.00

I went in with some pain in my gums, and I also hadn't had a teeth cleaning in a while. They poked at my gums for an hour and told me I had periodontitis with 14 small cavities. Following that painful experience, they presented me with an estimate for a $5,000 procedure (I don't have dental insurance). I went on to get a second opinion from a dentist I met through work. She found no evidence of periodontitis, and only found 8 cavities; meaning the procedure should only cost about $1,000 without dental insurance. Aspen Dental is your typical, crooked big franchise attempting to scare people into paying ridiculously high prices for mediocre work. They wasted my time, and caused me a level of stress I don't wish upon anyone. Aspen Dental is horrible, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY THERE. Don't fall victim to these shady people.

I went to them, signed an agreement form to have some work done, was told by one of the dentists that was very rude, that the occlusal adjustment couldn't be done because I said was too close to a nerve, was charged for the work anyway. He also said that I didn't pay for the denture that I did pay for. I told him I wasn't satisfied with the way one of the teeth looked and he said that was the way it was suppose to look. He was such a rude dentist. I told them I would not see him again. The owner did grind on the tooth a little and left it so sharp it cut my tongue. I had to file on it when I got home with a nail file. I tried to get an appointment because the owner said to come back if I was still having problems I tried to get an appointment had to wait week and half. I ask her if there was any way I could get in sooner. She said "no and I won't cancel anyone else to give you an appointment." I was not asking her to do that. I was hung up on.

His staff is so rude. If you have a complaint they start over talking you out. They won't allow you to voice the complaint. I have ask to speak to the owner of the place. They say I will leave him a note, not sure if he will have time to call you or when he will. On the appointment issue they told me the dentist that owns the place had nothing to do with the appointment staff, on the issue of my bill today I ask to speak to the head dentist she said he does not work in the billing dept.

Their insurance payment did not coincide with the EOB statement that I received from insurance. They had less than what my insurance paid. I said I would not pay the bill until I talked to the dentist in charge of the place. She said "do what you want but if you don't then collections will take it over." I said I will make sure the word gets out what kind of business they run. She said "I will not sit here and be threatened by you." I said "if you consider that a threat then I consider yours a threat to me as well." That was the second lady I talked to the other one hung up on me. NOT a good place to do business with. So nice until they get your money and then they are a totally different crew.

When I first went there I was given an amount of $1957.00 for the treatment and by the end after paying them $2780.00 I was given a bill of an additional $1452.00. I called to speak to someone about this and had to wait three days. I finally went into the office and was told they did not have time then to talk to me about it. I was so mad that I guess I flared up at them and whispered to some customers sitting there not to do business with them. The girl finally called me at home and refused to deal with me because I was rude when I was there. I still don't have a permanent denture. They had doubled the amount that they originally had given me. I also found the oral surgeon very rude and uncaring. My jaw was black and blue two days after extractions. I did not have dentures that fit for at least two months.

They charged me also to do a reline which should have been included in the price. I was also told I would be put to sleep for extractions and I was wide awake during the whole thing. All in all I cannot sleep at night over this. I am 78 years old and on a fixed income. I have receipts but don't know how to attach them. I put this on my Care Credit account and 600.00 was paid by my insurance. PS my jaw is black for about a week after they pulled my teeth.

I had a visit to Aspen Dental on July 15, 2016. I was told with my insurance the exam and X-rays will be covered. After the exams and X-rays were completed I was then told I had cavities and had to have my teeth "scraped." As I spoke to the receptionist to get the estimate on the procedure, she stated a total of $500! I told her I can't afford that and asked if I can just get a cleaning and the cavities filled. She stated I HAVE to do the scraping before the dentist will clean my teeth or fix the cavities. I told her again I could not afford it and had to think about it.

Two days later I called again and asked if I can just get the cavities taken care of. She put me on hold and spoke to the dentist (so she said). She stated that the dentist said I could not get the cavities done unless I do the scraping. I told her I am just going to find another dentist. Since when does a dentist (doctor) not take care of cavities above all else? They can create infections and especially pain! These people are not health conscious, they a money conscious! They should not even be in the dental business! I spoke to someone later about my experience and little did I know, they already have a bad reputation for ripping people off. I am now waiting for a bill that I was told was suppose to be covered and then I will take it from there. Dentists should not be controlling the customer's money! I am paying for it so I should receive the services I requested!

About four years ago, I was approved for $4,500 in dental services at Aspen Dental. For years my teeth suffered from lack of care because of no dental insurance. In numerous appointments, I was handed a toothbrush that vibrated so badly in my mouth, that I only used it twice. They never asked me if I wanted it, or how much it cost. A dentist told me that my cavities were all filled, when some were left in my mouth below the gum line. As the charges added up without a detailed record of services rendered, I came to the conclusion that they were "mining" my mouth to add up the charges. I called a halt to the teeth bleaching. To me, it was not necessary. Today, I paid off my Care Credit Card. Free of Aspen Dental.

Very unprofessional registration clerk had attitude from the start. I paid 400.00 dollars. They didn't even do the operation had to wait in pain for a week to get done at a hospital dental wing. Then they billed me after the account was paid also me and my dad share the same name it showed up on his credit report instead of mine - these people in billing don't know what they are doing. I went in march of 2015 to the north hills branch. They treated me like a junkie off the street. I am a blue collar working class. I work hard for my money. This isn't right. They did a filling and it fell out immediately.

Each time I had an appointment at the Glastonbury office they were running late. I mean not a little late, but an hour late. On one occasion they were concerned that I would leave, they brought me in and put me on the chair alongside another patient have a cleaning so that I would not leave. So I was on the chair for the 40 minute cleaning listening to the conversation and cleaning process until the hygienist had completed and then she moved over to me. I was 5 minutes early for my lunch hour cleaning appt. yesterday and 10 or 15 minutes later, the hygienist comes out and calls the person scheduled before me, therefore, I would have to wait 45 minutes to an hour to get to sit on the chair. Therefore, I told the lady I had to leave and when she asked me if I wanted to reschedule the appointment, I said that I had an appointment from 4 months and they did not keep it? I will not be sitting on their chair again. She seemed relieved when I was leaving...

Aspen Dental Company Profile