Aspen Dental

Stow, OH

Compare Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions

Research top Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

HAD TOOTH pulled and a 4 unit crown. Paid 260.00 deposit upfront. Careington 500 paid 932.16, Care credit 2467.60, Total cost $3,659.76. Told they covered process from start to finish if no extra dental work needed. Which none was. Check color of the .4 unit crown 3 days ahead of time to make sure I liked the color. I did proceed to schedule appt. After they put them in they got my family. Said ready to go but they didn't put cement in just a drop. I'll have to come back to have them pull them out and put the cement in. They stated reason they didn't put cement in is they thought I might want a deep clean and make sure I like the color. Which I came to see color three days before and told them I like the color and didn't want the deep clean at time even if I needed it. With as much as this is costing me now I'll have to wait.

I went back to have them complete the job again. Two hrs later they got my family and told them I was ready to go but they didn't put cement in which is what they were to do the last time. The reason this time was they said they couldn't get the 4 unit crown out to put the cement in. I had to be sedated every time because I'm scared of dentistry work. ASPEN DENTAL NEVER called to check on me after procedure. I have a 4 unit crown now that they didn't finish job and I have lots of pain and suffering. I now have to go find a new place to redo the work or finish the job.

Aspen Dental sent me a bill after paying them $3659.76 for the last two visits that I guess I got sedated for nothing but my nerves for $1261.04 and turned it over to collection agent. I filed with B.B.B. complained and found out Aspen Dental is not associated with them. Total charge for job not done is $4,920.80 how many dentures can you get with that kind of money and I just had one tooth pulled and a 4 unit crown. That is a scam. They are a rip off and keep you coming back when not needed it and charge arm and leg for nothing and job not completed. HOW ARE THEY STILL ABLE TO BE IN BUSINESS?? This is not right. They should make it right. Help.

I went in for free exam which was offered for new patients without insurance. Staff very friendly, helpful and professional. Dentist was very reserved, did not explain anything, referred me to another dentist which staff thought was odd and tried to prescribe me medication I am allergic to which was front and center on paperwork. FELT VERY RUSHED OUT THE DOOR! On third day of antibiotic and pain meds, ended up in ER because tooth was throbbing. ** didn't help at all. On day 6, he would not give me anything else for pain to hold me til I could get to my "referred dentist" appointment. Didn't even think that maybe I needed a different antibiotic. Said I shouldn't be out... He prescribed 15 pills, 1 every 8 hours... That's 3 per day for 5 days... Obviously can't count. I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN!!!

As everyone is stating they are crooks. You go in, get x-rays, you go back to see dentist, then you go straight to finance office. They put you in such a whirlwind telling you what dentist says you need and print out financing papers for you to sign and you are signing them before you know it. Everything is suppose to be included in the financing but they wind up billing you more later. The big problem we have is my husband asked dentist about a place under his tongue and dentist said "oh I don't think it's anything to worry about." Says probably just rubbing teeth on it, well this was under the tongue and there is no way to rub your teeth there. It got bigger and then started causing jaw pain. My husband went to a oral surgeon to get a tooth cut out that was cracked and broke that Aspen Dental never even told him about. He had a toothache there and that's when he found the tooth was cracked.

1 year later my husband went to same oral surgeon to ask him what spot was because it was really hurting now. The oral surgeon did a biopsy and this spot he asked Aspen Dental dentist about was larger, hurting more and causing jaw pain, this turned out to be cancer. My husband just went through 3 surgeries for cancer in 10 days thanks to Aspen Dental. They thought they had it all but find out it has spread. Can't get attorney to take case against them. Says they are a big corporation and would have to have more proof this caused the cancer. Well duh it is the same spot my husband asked them about to start with. So BEWARE OF ASPEN DENTAL - a lady was leaving the day we were waiting to be seen and when she left she was in tears and said if we were smart we would leave now. Should have listened to her. I may lose my husband now.

I am elderly and disabled. I had an appointment with Aspen Dental in Miamisburg Centerville. I arrived 30 minutes before my appointment and got dropped off by my son. When I arrived the door was locked with a sign in the window that said closed for a meeting. It was freezing cold that day and I had to find somewhere to go until they opened back up. Aspen Dental did not notify me that they would be closed. Since it was freezing cold you would think they would have allowed the patients to sit in the lobby but they didn't. Also, on another occasion, Aspen Dentist canceled my dentist appointment and did not even have the courtesy to call me. I had an hour drive to get there.

The other complaint is they charged me a co-pay when I didn't have a co-pay and they didn't bill my insurance company which is Liberty Insurance and charged me $119.00 and refused to see me unless I paid. Since I had went through so much to get this appointment I was forced to pay. It was a blessing I had a credit card with me. I filed a complaint with my insurance company because they are in violation for collecting money that is not due. I am still waiting on a refund even after Aspen got paid twice once from me and then my insurance company. I will never go to another Aspen Dentist. I hope they are exposed.

The staff were cold, unfriendly and seemed hurried to get me out of the way - except the dentist, who was nice. I was diagnosed wrong - a cracked tooth, periodontal disease... Another dentist didn't find this. I responded to an advertisement for $19 for an x-ray in 2013 and was billed for $114? I've been trying to address this since because I continued to get the bills in 2014, 2015... Called my insurance again, and AGAIN - they couldn't reach anyone (phone number on bill (Smyrna, TN) no answer. Another time my carrier left a voicemail - no response. Called a month or so later now it's 2016.

My insurance contact called me back to say that Aspen said they wouldn't send out anymore bills until it was resolved - not true! I had to call my insurance people again because my account is in collections now! Really!! I called the collections company, they just asked for the money - refused to check into the matter. (I was so livid that I insisted that we conference call while he tried to reach someone.) FINALLY he reached someone by making a different selection on the calling system. WE WERE TRANSFERRED 4 TIMES at the Aspen Dental Corporate Offices!

Not only am I upset about the billing, but I was trying to purchase a home and found out that I was turned over to collections for a billing that never should've existed! This took points off my credit, of course made a derogatory mark on my credit. On this final call, Aspen confirms a billing address, which was incorrect, then my carrier states that because this bill is so old that it will likely be denied. The customer service billing person there said she would just update the bill by ledger for $19 paid. I insisted on getting a copy of this with Aspen's letterhead - sent to me by email. I had to a dispute this with all 3 bureaus, put my home aspirations on hold to get my points back and/or up and get this off my credit.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspen Dental?

I went in and they said my appointment was 40 minutes later. Not true. Then when I got into the x-ray room, the machine was wobbling back and forth a quarter inch. I thought that's not good. The machine was rusty and corroded in places. The lady said my teeth were very bad. She was just the flunkey x-ray lady not the doctor. Then I had to go wait in the waiting room again for another 15 minutes. The lady took me to the payment hot seat room and asked me how I would be paying for all of the procedures before she even gave them to me. $9,000.00 and then another $2,600.00 for some other place to do some hard root canals. It would take over 17 visits. I just wanted a simple cleaning. My teeth feel fine. I told the lady I think I am gonna study on it a little first. The doctor looked like almost a teenager. I will make another post after I visit my regular dentist.

I had an old crown to start hurting on Thursday, got up friday am after sleepless night. Called Aspen Dental to get... at least get some antibiotics, since my gum was swelled. I was told they could get me in on Tuesday which was five days away. I say "you mean IM suppose to deal with this infection/Abscess until then?" "Well that is the first time we can see you... so if you have an emergency go somewhere else!!!" My last experience I will ever have at this company and advise the same and will be glad to spread the word to others in my company 1/27/2017.

Took my cousin in for the free exam. She has 6 teeth. She got the xrays and consultation. They recommended a deep cleaning. All sounded good, until speaking with the office manager. She quoted a price of $565!!! For 6 teeth!!! A ripoff, scam. Beware.

Worst dental experience. Cut up my mouth trying to take x-rays. Paid financial person in her office IN FULL before any procedures. They add things to your bill without explanation. Now we're getting bills in the mail. Go someplace else.

I had my teeth pulled out and went to Aspen Dental to get upper and lower dentures with insurance I had bought for dental. After the original pricing of 4200.00, once we got temp dentures and waited 3 months after having my teeth pulled 4 months before, what the dentist said was gum shrinkage. What a CROCK. The dentist took my overbite totally so that I could not chew properly. Once I received the final dentures the bottom ones would not stay in even with a lot of Fixodent and the dental response was "Use Fixodent to keep them in" and barely tried to align the dentures correctly as the Dentist wanted to charge 25,000 to put posts. SO basically I paid 4200 to get top dents as my bottom ones are horribly fit and if I want a realign after first refit it will be 250. That is almost as bad as the secretary that greets patients. She is meaner than a rabid dog. They also say I have a 38.00 credit that I will not get back. It is not the money it is the purpose.

Went to get dentures. They for whatever reason sent me to another dental practice but not before I went once before to set things up. My complaint is... If you can't do the work you claim why waste my time having to drive 1hr one way.. What a waste of time. What a scam.

First of all, they say free x-rays and exam. No insurance it's free. But with insurance, $80.00 for x-rays (Insurance fraud?). The Dentist that removed my husband's wisdom teeth after giving him at least 20 shots in his mouth to numb around where he was pulling, said, "This is why we give ** for infection, so the numbing meds will work better." They didn't give him ANYTHING for infection before the teeth were removed. So my husband had to endure the last of the 4 teeth pulled not numbed. And had to shut the door because he was telling so much. Needless to say we were back today 2 weeks after canceling the cleaning and the $138.00 power toothbrush easily written into the financing. And we'll see so far the write off $550 of the bill and are to speak with the owner, Doctors and will get back with us!

I broke a molar & needed emergency care so I googled 'emergency dentistry' in my area. I made an appointment with Aspen Dental that ended up being canceled 2 times by them because they are "short staffed". I finally got in to see them & they told me I had $8,000 worth of work that needed done on all of my teeth then tried to convince me to get a root canal on the broken molar. I declined and asked to have it extracted. They wrote me a prescription for antibiotics and nothing for the extreme pain I was in (even after I requested something/anything for the pain). They made an appointment for me to come back for the tooth extraction 20 days later.

A few days before my scheduled appointment they call me to tell me they needed to reschedule for the following month. Needless to say I was irate and demanded to be seen, so they made an appointment for another location. When I arrived I was extremely nervous and the receptionist told me that if my blood pressure was too high they wouldn't see me. She told me they ran my insurance and what I owed so I paid the difference with my Health Savings Account. Finally I was called back to a room and sat for 15 minutes, waiting. The doctor came in, never introducing himself but instead said, "You're not going to get a root canal?" I said, "no". He followed up with, "So, you're going to have it pulled?" in a condescending tone and then he left the room.

When he came back he sat down, shined the light on my face and said, "You know, if you didn't have this cavity I wouldn't have to pull the tooth" and then he started to put a needle in my mouth! I totally wasn't prepared! I received the shots and he said he would be back. I sat in a room for 34 minutes when he finally came back with a nurse. He began to pull my tooth and my head was shifting back and forth because he was rocking the tooth so hard. This went on for about 7-10 minutes and then he asked the nurse for another tool. She left the room and came back with it. He proceeded to pull and rock my tooth (all the while my head was rocking back and forth still). For what seemed like an hour went by but was really 10 minutes it finally came out. He gave the tooth to the nurse and walked out of the room. I was sweating and shaking, the nurse talked to me until I calmed down a bit. Then she brought me out to the reception area.

The receptionist was so involved in her conversations with her coworkers I had to sit in front of her and wait until she was done talking about all of their lunches and when she would be back at this particular location to see all of them again. Then she looked at me and said, "because the doctor had to use unexpected instruments there are additional charges." I said, "Are you going to run it through my insurance first?". She laughed, "It's only $7. You can pay that!".

So I gave her my credit card, she ran it through, gave me my receipt and said, "Have a nice day." I then had to ask if there was a follow-up appointment, she said "no". And then I asked about the gauze in my mouth, when I should change it and how often. She replied, "Change it every 20 minutes until you don't see anymore blood" then she turned her back to me and proceeded to talk to her coworkers. I was FLOORED! I will never go back to Aspen Dental and if I hear anyone bring up this dentistry I will advise them to go elsewhere and explain why. I have never had an experience like this before, it was horrible!!!

Everything was horrible! It's obvious all this company thinks about is money and sales, but not the wellbeing of patients. I came in seeking help for a loose cap, I ended up leaving with an invoice for over $5000 worth of work. What I initially came for was ignored. I ended up doing a walk in to another local dentist office about my dental concern and they immediately fixed the problem and told me of the other issues we can work on in the future. They (the other dental office) definitely got my business because they showed me that they were there to help and not shake every dime out of me. Them taking care of me at my time of need makes me want to be a loyal customer to them.

First of all, they try to convince you to have thousands of dollars of work done. That is not an option when you are on Social Security. Second, I lost a semi-front tooth and the Dentist suggested a replacement tooth without giving me any information on how it would work. It is not really attached to anything, I can not have it in while eating unless I want to swallow it. It falls out even when I talk. It is very tiny and you just shove it between the remaining teeth and hope it stays in. This cost me $600.00! I am not happy but do not know what recourse I have.

I thought I would get a great tooth cleaning for $220.50 as I was told I may be in the chair for 1-2 hours. Experience brought a 20 minute session with a poor cleaning. My "Dental Hygienist" Oscar seems to think he can "talk" his way to a good job. There are dark places on my teeth that he didn't want to spend his time cleaning. He asked me what type of electric brush I had, when I told him handed me a "special" brush head that would get between the teeth and clean up the stains. I wondered what the $220 was supposed to buy. BEWARE!! These places are a scam - stay away from them!!

Consumer Increased Rating!

Despite paying cash every visit I kept receiving bills and every time I took the bill to Aspen I was told it was corrected. BUT AFTER 2 YEARS IT'S STILL ON MY CREDIT REPORT... WHICH I NEVER OWED. THEY ARE A HORRIBLE COMPANY. There are other clinics. Go to them. DON'T GO TO ASPEN.

I was very pleased when I heard that Aspen Dental offered free xrays and exam to new patients. So I set up an appointment and visited them. Walked in the door and got no greeting. The teenybopper assistant hurt me during xrays because she clearly had no clue how to position the mouthpiece. Was directed to the exam room and Sat there for 11 minutes. During this time I got to listen to one of the doctors' babble to another patient about their DISGUSTING gum infection (EW!). I also happened to notice that my xrays were on a screen behind me so I looked at them for a min and some rude employee walked over to see what I was looking at (come to find out it was my doctor). She then gave me a dirty looked and walked away. So I kept sitting... waiting...

Finally, the weirdo comes back, does not tell me her name, and goes, "K, what's bothering your teeth?" I said, "Um... Nothing? I want a check up." She goes, "oh," and looks away and looks at my xrays. She then turns around and says, "K, you need 3 fillings..." I'm like, "OKAY??" So she then showed me where the cavities were and said, "Any questions?... Have a good day," and she walked away. WTF? So I then went to the office manager to find out a price and I kid you people not... I almost bursted out laughing when I heard the price. She starts off with "Any questions?" I said, "Yep, how much?" "1,200.00 for 3 FILLINGS." I said, "Nope, no more questions." I want my xrays so I can take them to my local dentist. Took my xrays and off I RAN. SCAM... WEIRDO EMPLOYEES... and UNPROFESSIONAL. Do not waste your time people!!!

I had an old filling that needed replacement and it finally chipped. After multiple visits it didn't fix the issue, I still have extremely sensitive area at that tooth. Also was told to bring $139 to pay, who got done with the visit the dentist himself said it's covered not to worry about it. I even tried to pay the receptionist who also stated it's already paid for. I assumed it was because of the previous dentist not fixing the pain. 5 months later I receive a bill for $295, and the only explanation is since none of the previous employees are still there that they can't explain why we we're told that. She also stated that this is an issue with multiple people from that same office and this is why their employees are no longer employed. I'm very upset at the way this has been handled and definitely will not be using them again.

I went in for a simple exam and cleaning. The girl that took my x-rays was not only rude but cut my gums by jamming the x-ray pieces into my mouth hard. The dentist then told me that I had major bone loss and that my teeth were all ready to fall out. He kept wiggling them back and forth very roughly saying "You feel that?" He refused to clean my teeth. He then told me that my teeth were beyond saving, would never get solid again and that I would need to have them all pulled and get a full set of dentures.

I was only 39 At the time. I was so upset I started to cry. The dentist hightailed it out of there with a word of comfort or a backwards glance. The finance girl took over and actually asked me what my credit limit on my card was! That was such a red flag that I said I had to process the thought of losing all my teeth and I left. I went to a new dentist a few weeks later and long story a little bit shorter, now about 3 years later I still have all my own teeth, my gums are healthy and my teeth are solid... and getting better with each visit. Do yourself a favor and run, don't walk, to a real dentist.

My teeth were bad so I went here to get dentures and the bad teeth removed. I had my top dentures 2 years. And I have had nothing but problems with them. And now the teeth are falling off the plate and guess who has to pay for them. Me. And I need a reline on my bottoms and was told it would cost me 250.00 and 100 for the repair on the top. I get here and they're charging me almost 450. It seems like every time I have came here I have heard a different price for the same work needing to be done. I had a wisdom tooth that needed to be pulled and first I was told 500 so I waited until it came out the gum and then they told me 750.00 for the same tooth. I ended up going to a different dentist and paying 120.00 for the same tooth to be pulled.

I guess I'm going to have to end up going to another dentist and repay for a new set of dentures that are not made to break. Save yourselves some time and money and do some research and find a dentist who actually cares about your teeth and the quality of what's made. Not someone who wants to get as much money from you as possible.

The day I went into Aspen Dental I was treated nicely. The week after my dentures were given to me not so much. I immediately wanted my money back because I was told I didn't have to have bone replacement after infection erodes my lower gums badly. My gums STILL SWELL and it is hard for me to wear my lower plate. They told me to come into the office and talk to the financial manager. He told me I LIKED MY DENTURES. Who in the hell does he think he is. I told him I wanted a full refund. He told me that he would put it on my care credit account.

First off my account was paid in FULL and the account is closed. At this point I wanted my money back even more. Told me I had to wait and get adjustments and liners. No my gums and jaw bone have been eroded. I AM SO READY TO TAKE THIS UP WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL IN TENNESSEE. THIS HAS GONE FAR ENOUGH! These horribly fitting dentures swell my gums badly and cause me to gag because they are not lined properly. I'm not paying the money I paid for them. They are just horrible. The bottom denture is longer on one side and I gag. Seriously I would rather have no teeth than have all this pain.

I had neglected my teeth for a long time. I decided to do something about this, and called my insurance to find out which dentists they covered. I was told Aspen Dental, so that is where I went. On the first visit, I spoke at length with the office manager, who was quite pleasant. I told her my income was only SS, and could only make small monthly payments. She agreed to this, and I was to make $35 a month payments. On my second visit, my first with a dentist, the dentist was rude, rough and all he did was make jokes with his assistant. I asked him to be more gentle, and he ignored this. He actually gave me the numbing shot without warning me, which is unheard of.

My second visit was slightly better. But what I didn't know was that on nearly every visit, I would be seeing a NEW dentist. In other words, no continuity of care. A plan of care was made, and I needed teeth pulled and upper and lower partials made. The cost would be approx $9000. Okay, I agreed, since my insurance hadn't given me any other choices. The teeth were pulled, and after some time, casts were made of my mouth for the partials. Getting the upper partials took almost a year! And right from the start, they were quite uncomfortable and food collected underneath them whenever I ate. I was told they did fit and that it was MY fault food collected underneath. HUH? Eventually they agreed to re-make them.

The second set had exactly the same problems, and I told the latest dentist this. She poo-poo'ed me, saying it was somehow MY fault they didn't feel right. She kept saying that they did fit. The lower partials finally came and lo and behold, the same problem, but worse. Every time I talked or chewed, they fell out! When I spoke to yet another new dentist, I was told that it was somehow MY fault, because she claimed I didn't always wear them. How could I? They kept falling out! After another length of time, Aspen agreed to remake them. That took months. When they finally arrived, I was horrified to see that they had NOT filled the gap where a missing tooth used to be! When I pointed this out, I was told, again, that it was all my fault, because I hadn't worn the original partial and my teeth had moved, narrowing the gap "too much" to fill. HUH? They refused to remake them.

By now, I was totally fed up with Aspen Dental. Yet, I continued to make those monthly payments as originally agreed. The original manager quit and a new one came in. On my next visit (for cleaning) I was ushered into her office and told that if I didn't start making larger payments, they would send me through collections! I explained to her what the first manager had said. I was told that it was MY fault because I didn't get it in writing! I told her that I could not afford larger payments, and $35 a month was what they were going to get. Sure enough, they put me through collections despite a long history of regular payments.

I finally contacted my insurance company to complain. Originally, they weren't sympathetic. But after several conversations, they apparently reviewed my file and finally noticed that we had been greatly overcharged. I was told they no longer refer patients to Aspen. And gave me the name of a private dentist with a decent reputation. What I have learned from all this is that if you care about your money and your teeth, DO NOT go to a chain dentist. I liken Aspen to being the McDonald's of dentistry. Poor quality, poor standards of health, and in general bad for you. Plus you will pay entirely too much...

After checking with over 5 other dentists I went to Aspen expecting the best... I received the worst experiences I can have. I even went over 12 times & they still could not get this right. My last visit they acted like no one knew why I was there. The dr. had already seen me prior & he acted like he didn't know me after having a 20 minute consult with the other Dr. Then they wanted to charge me an additional 3500.00 on top of the 11448.00. Because surprise all the original work was not completed. It was not put in the TREATment PLAN like it was my fault. I didn't prepare the plan the Dr.s & staff do that, I found only 3 employees who were kind & cared & the one Dr. I could trust they got rid of him.

After almost 4 months of work 15 teeth extracted, 4 times in a hotel, food & clothing costs due to their mistakes & all they wanted to refund was just the costs of the dentures & still charge me more money. Then when I asked for my refund under the no questions asked they wanted to ask me a ton of questions. I do not recommend anyone go here no matter what. They are over priced & can't do the job, they are unprofessional & lack customer skills especially the oral surgeon Dr. **. He & his staff are total **. They are rude, rough, & act stupid blaming everyone else instead of accepting the blame & trying to fix it.

The next in line is a Mr. ** & he outright lied to me, & then let's not forget Alicia, oh sweet stupid Alicia. She is so sweet the syrup drips from her mouth. I can't believe a thing this staff tells me. I am still waiting for the copy of my file & I have filled out all the paperwork necessary but have still not sent it but oh yea they want their dentures back like they are going to put them to use in someone else's set, I would not expect anything less. Oh by the way I am a veteran & have not received any type of assistance from ASPEN even though they advertise how they help VETERANS... NOT..... I am reporting to board of health & the BBB and any other organizations.

I recently visited the Cleveland TN location with an infection and a tooth that would require an extraction. I could tell right away that I made a poor decision to visit a new dentist, rather than wait on mine to be available. I was given a prescription for ** and ** and told to come back when they had more time. A week later, I was finally able to get an appointment. However the ** had done nothing for the infection. I called and requested a re-fill or a different antibiotic, that would ease up the swelling and pain I had been in for 2 weeks.

They absolutely refused, and offered me a painkiller instead! I was told that the prescription I was given should have cleared up any infection I may have had and that there was no way I still had one. I pleaded with them to reconsider since I was afraid that when I came in for my appointment, they would see the infection and swelling and then refuse to do any work. I was told to go see my family dr! WHAT?? My family dr is not a dentist! I was then told by the dental assistant that I didn't have her degree and that I wasn't nearly as smart as she was.

They then canceled my appointment and told me that they couldn't have me as a patient if I didn't agree with their advice. I finally was able to reach my dentist and he immediately called me in a more powerful antibiotic and advised me that the one I had been given wouldn't have taken care of the infection. If these people aren't even smart enough to prescribe the correct antibiotics, I sure don't want them working on my teeth!!! STAY AWAY FROM ASPEN DENTAL!!

I went to the Aspen Dental in Traverse City, MI on 12/27/16 to get 4 wisdom teeth pulled. My appointment was at 4:15 pm and we (my husband was there to drive me home) arrived 20 minutes early. After about 40 minutes of waiting I learned that they were running behind with another patient. I understand, no problem, stuff happens. I am called back at approximately 5:00 pm.

Here's a brief rundown of what happened and why I am submitting this review: The surgeon didn't introduce himself, I had to ask him. I was given no "rundown" of how the procedure was going to go or what to expect. I was given the nitrous mask with no warning/explanation, poked with the IV with no warning, the drugs were injected without warning BEFORE the nitrous even took effect. A rubber block was crammed into my mouth (I have TMJ problems and told them beforehand) with no care whatsoever, and I passed out while the nurse and some other guy shot the breeze. I was wheeled out to my husband and he told me they said, "Read the paper" when he inquired about my aftercare. I didn't "come to" until we were down the road.

Day 2 post-surgery (today) I am crying in the worst pain I have ever felt (even with the meds they prescribed) and my husband gives them a call. "Oh yeah, she had 4 impactions so that will cause more pain/swelling than average... no we won't be giving her more meds for the weekend or stronger meds." There was no attempt to guide me on what to do to manage the pain. I got it to subside to a tolerable level with salt water rinses and hot compresses. I also have stitches on the lower jawbone and I have no idea if they will dissolve or if I need to go back to have them removed! All in all I felt like they were behind and just wanted to go home, at the expense of my comfort. I did not feel like a patient but rather a number at a facility whose goal is to collect payment and move people along. Please do NOT go here for any sort of oral surgery, for your own sake.

This place is a scam. The one in Conyers, GA. I was there to fill a tiny cavity on a tooth, the dentist (**) just opens the tooth up and says that I need a root canal. No consultation or rapport with the patient. I was about to go on a long vacation before the tooth was opened up. I had no toothache. I see different dentists there every time when I go for a visit, to me it seems like this place is a business first and a dentistry second. No attention given to the patient, they just try to figure out how money can be made. Never go there! Avoid, avoid.

My husband (age 73) went to Aspen. He was told he needed to have extractions with partial upper and lower dentures. We were forwarded to a credit company as the cost was $5,000. We felt it was needed to be done so we agreed to this charge (which was an overcharge as we later found out). After the surgery we went home. Received a phone call from the office in Syracuse, New York from the dentist who advised me that there was bad news in that all of his upper teeth had been extracted in error, however, the good news was that there was no additional charge for "their error". The teeth were ill fitting and there were additional charges if certain things had to be done. We are on social security and, of course, finances do not allow extras. We did pay the $5,000 and requested compensation for part of the original charges.

We never received a response from Aspen, but did find out that the dentist who performed the work was no longer there. At the same time of our original visit I asked if I could get my dentures realigned as they were loose fitting. I was told I would need new dentures as mine were worn down. The inexpensive dentures that were advertised by Aspen, I was told, may not hold up more than a few months and I would need to have them fixed or replaced every few months. Decided to continue with my old dentures.

To this day, my husband cannot eat without the teeth "clicking" and when we asked Aspen about this, there of course would be additional charges to get this taken care of. All of this happened between 4-5 years ago and my husband, who has cancer as well, has had to live with the poor decision and expense we encountered by "trusting Aspen". I'm afraid I don't have our paperwork to provide any order number or a receipt. I probably could go back years and find the payments that were made to the credit company - offhand I think it was called Credit Care of something like that. I really just want people to know what they may encounter in dealing with Aspen. A totally unreliable company.

I have a tooth that the filing fell out after two times and it was hurting me to the and beginning to abscess. I was informed years ago that if the filing came out again that it would either have to be extracted or a root canal. I don't want a root canal being that it's painful and risky plus when I'm 80 I'll have to have dentures any ways. The dentist checked my teeth and then judged and betrayed me and tried to pressure me into getting a more expensive root canal and then I wound up getting a cost estimate for over 5 thousand dollars and I didn't get a cost estimate for the extraction that I needed so that I can return to work. I'm still in pain and I realized that Aspen dental is just wanting money from my insurance company and me. I will not be going back. I have now scheduled an emergency extraction through my local dentist.

I had an abscess in my top right gum. My youngest daughter and son in law had previous service, swore it was professional, caring, and pain free. So I call and got an appointment for the next day, 8 am sharp (Website said they were open till 7pm M-Sat). Show up 8 am sharp and download and print paperwork and fill it out and bring it with you. I did, arrived at 7:50 am, finished paperwork in hand. I'm second person there, then a third person arrived. Ok little after 8 they call the first guy back. A few minutes later they call in the lady that arrived after me. Mind you she walked just fine and was normal acting. 8:30 comes, I'm still sitting. My husband had came with me and I asked him "how much longer should we continue to sit?" He said "not much longer." I said "if nothing by 8:45 I'm out."

I'm sitting in a chair where I can see through glass door the little hallway where xray was and the financial desk. I watch the xray tech with gloves on, come in and out, and pushing the xray button then wiping her nose with back of right glove. She gets the kids done and back to consult area. I watch her sanitize her hands then the room and button, then I get called back. Told my husband to wash hands as I don't want her touching me if she wipes her nose or mouth. I have severe copd and a cold can kill me.

We get done with xrays and takes us back to consult area, I see her sanitize her hands. Dr. Comes waltzing in and starts talking about problems. She sees they need to be fixed, gave me 2 options, and by the way 2 teeth are causing the infection and need to come out. I have always been given antibiotics and made appointments for next week in the past, but ok. I get taken to financial desk. They hand me one estimate for the second scenario that was suggested. I see an oral b toothbrush charge for $135, not covered by insurance on there. They said I couldn't get partials and extractions and do antibiotic treatments and deep cleaning without agreeing to buy the toothbrush.

I asked where other scenario that was discussed was. They said they didn't write it up. I said "oh well I'm not committing to any future treatments. Let's talk about today. My part. 2 teeth extractions." "$75. We need that up front." Dr. Walks by and says "I can do those today. Just sit out in waiting area and I will get you when it's time." During my time in consult area, in the chair there was a tv pointed towards tech desk at foot of exam chair. No one ever said "find something to watch and relax". They have dental lab there and the place was permeated with drills, hammering and little saw sounds. Not comforting. As I am sitting there waiting for my procedure, I see lady that came in after me come up from a treatment area, her daughter having to steady her and walk beside her, and open the bathroom door for her because she was too shaky. She was fine going back and fine sitting in waiting room.

Finally my turn. I get called back. Assistant has me sign consents, then leaves. Dr. come in and says "we need to start", gets assist and I get swabbed with stuff. Procedure table left flat. I sit up anyway. Dr. Comes in, says it's time for ** or whatever, injects it, leaves me flat. Again I sit up. I have had braces, oral surgery, past tooth extractions, fillings and root canal in past. I was never left flat. There's a tv over end of table, remote on ledge on wall. No one says a word. In dr. comes. Gums still not numb. Another round of injections. This time I'm starting to feel funny, I'm left flat again. Again I sit up. I'm all alone. I started feeling dizzy, heart pounding.

Good thing I'm a nurse for 30 years. Knew it was rare reaction to the ** in the injections. If I just sit here and concentrate on breathing I will be ok. Tech comes back, never looked my way. Said "I gotta go to bathroom." Ok she lets me. I see my daughter that had showed up during xray. She comes with my purse. I need my inhaler, go do my business in bathroom, do a puff, get up. That's when the tremors hit. My dr said I was whiter than normal.

I explained "I have the epi shakes. It will be over in a few minutes." We go back to the room, dr comes in. It's time to lie flat for another injection. I said "I'm having a reaction to the **. Please no more." She says "ok" and gives me something else and insist I lay flat. I said "I can breathe better sitting up", then my daughter chimes in, telling her I'm having ** reaction, let me sit up. "Wheres emergency oxygen, she's copd and you need to get ready to help my momma out." Was informed they don't have oxygen in the premises. "I just need to lie flat and breathe deep. We need to get this done now."

They finally at my daughters insistence take my blood pressure with a wrist cuff that said my heart rate and bp was too high. My sats came up from 85% to 97, finally. I said "ok I will lay back now." Instead of poking at my gums, she gets pliers, wrapped around one or the 2 teeth and starts to twist, and I'm positive by that time an ** word and an ** word came out, because I'm not numb on back side of gum. That hurt. My dtr had to hold my legs down because I was kicking. Dr finally gave up, said "shes just leaving with antibiotics. Reschedule her for monday."

During one of my sitting up episodes, I was going to get tv remote, but happened to look in the floor at end of chair and lo and behold there's dried blood drops in floor. Floor filthy. I sat back upright and look around. Fine coat of white dust is thick on chrome parts of the stools in there. Never once saw the asst or dr wash or sanitize their hands. I got what I needed anyway, antibiotic therapy, but I will NOT go back there for anything. That lady I saw earlier, was having same problem, epi reaction. I didn't have dental anxiety in the past, but I sure do now. My insurance company was appalled I had to pay up front. Oh and hours on clinic are 730-5:30 Mon-Thurs, 8-1 on friday, closed on Saturdays except for special days.

These people tried to get me to commit for future treatment, before I even had initial problem taken care of. Infection control doesn't exist. And because of chances or epi reactions when they start the administration procedures, the patient isn't supposed to be left unattended, and a set of vital signs should have been taken prior to beginning. During a reaction, the patient isn't supposed to be left lying flat unless they start having seizures. They are supposed to be sat upright, and emergency oxygen should be available in settings where anesthesia is being done. Aspen Dental doesn't have that. Stay away.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Aspen Dental practices are individually owned and operated but share a commitment to similar values, like compassion and respect, and receive business support from Aspen Dental Management, Inc. There are almost 550 Aspen Dental practices across the United States serving over 3.7 million patients a year.

• Options: Aspen Dental offer four styles of full dentures and three styles of partial dentures, so patients can find a denture product that meets their needs and budget. They also offer single tooth implant and implant-supported dentures.
  • On-site denture lab: All Aspen Dental locations have an on-site dental lab. This allows patients to get their dentures, implants, crowns and bridges as fast as possible.
  • Guarantee: Aspen Dental offers a money-back guarantee on all dentures, both full and partial sets. If patients are unhappy, they have three months to return the dentures and request a full refund.
  • General dentistry: Aspen Dental practices offer a wide array of dental services in addition to dentures and implants. Those looking for a dentist to meet all their oral health needs will appreciate this variety of services.
  • Costs and discounts: Interested consumers can visit the website for their local Aspen Dental location to see a list of fees for all available services. They can also find available deals and special pricing offers listed on the website.
  • Best for consumers who want a single dentist for all their needs and those who need service quickly.

Compare Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions