Aspen Dental

Stow, OH

Compare Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions

Research top Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Front Office of Aspen on Garner's Ferry Road, Columbia, SC - I have been going to this dental practice for cleanings and 1 filling for 2 years. I do not have any complaints whatsoever about the work done on my teeth, the hygienist at that time (go every 6 months), or the dentist. However, I have to have a pre-med before seeing a dentist due to an artificial heart valve replacement. My cardiologist told me to take AT LEAST 1 hour before dental work. I called their office a week ahead of my appointment and requested that the Rx be called to the Wal-Mart across from them and was told it would be done by the end of the day. I checked with Wal-Mart the next day and it had not been called in. I called them back and was told the same, and it was not called in.

I called the day before my appointment regarding the message I left them on voicemail and needing the med. The girl who answered was very short, snappy and just plain rude. She did not even let me finish my sentence before she was jumping in with her snappy comment about they had not had time to check voicemail, but she would see that the doc got the request. Today, 09/12/17, I had a 12:00 appointment and still did not have my pre-med. I called the office and told them the Rx had still not been called in so I needed to reschedule my appointment. I was told to come by the office an hour or so before and they had some medication there. Why didn't they tell me that to start with?

I went to their office with my request again and the message I got to come by the office. I was told by the front desk that she had 3 new patients she had to take care of and to please have a seat. I did sit down and after 5 mins I said, "The hell with it." She then called me on my cell to ask me if I was going to keep my appointment. NO. And I will be seeking a new dentist.

I went there with the understanding prices were reasonable. They took xrays. Determine all the work was going to be $31,000. This was a root canal, a cap 2 fillings. When I went in to have the root canal they numbed me. I got to thinking I'm on a blood thinner. When the doctor came in I told him about taking a blood thinner. I should have told them on my first visit about the blood thinner. It's your responsibility to read my chart. He then numbed my tooth that needed to be filled. I came back the 2nd time for a filling. Also had a cleaning done.

I ask the young lady that assisted the doctor was I going to be charged for everything I needed to be done she said they only bill what you have done. I told her that's all I was going to have done, 2 teeth filled and the cleaning. The first visit was a cleaning and then toothpaste and a mouth wash that they charged me. $60 didn't ask did I wanted it just charged it to my bill. So I get a bill for $2534. I was shocked they had billed me for everything.

I called them and ask for an itemized statement. Now they are saying 2 teeth filled and a deep cleaning and product comes to $1700. You have got to be kidding. Also found out the tooth that needs to have a root canal had to be pulled and a cap for it. I was already numbed so they filled my 2nd tooth. The young lady assured me I wouldn't be charged until the work was done. So why would I get a $2600 bill from the insurance. When all the work wasn't done and wasn't going to be done with the experience I had with the company. Wouldn't represent them. Very bad experience.

I recently went to Aspen Dental located in Olean, NY. I set up a treatment plan, to where all but 3 of my teeth would be extracted, and I would end up with a partial lower. Now mind you, this is after I ask why only leave 3 and they say it's because of shrinkage... They also made me a permanent upper plate that I can't wear because it hurts my mouth. My appointment for extractions were yesterday. They extract 6 teeth leave the rest which are not at all fixable, give me a partial that makes it look like a 5 year old did my dental work. I start to get upset because this is my mouth and it looks mangled... I'm bawling and telling them that they did not do the right treatment plan. They then say that they will extract the rest tomorrow but that my insurance will be billed again. I freak out, call the insurance company and they tell me that they already approved for all my extractions that were not done... So this means they're going to rip off my insurance... I freak out again.

The office manager refuses to give me her name so I call corporate and they assure me it will be resolved. By this time I'm bawling and upset and the office manager just keeps giving me this ignorant smirk... That is until I'm talking to corporate in front of her and tell her the name of the person on the phone... I'm seriously suing if they do not correct this the proper way and my insurance company is sending me the approval they gave for the previous plan that wasn't done. They'll also be refusing and further bills because they've already paid it.

My original dental is in San Antonio, I'm working in West Texas so I called Odessa office to have liner or adjustment on my lower denture. When I made my appointment I told the receptionist what I needed. When I went in for my appointment they could not do it that day, scheduled me another appointment. When I showed up they couldn't do it because to do a liner they need time to set and would need to schedule for early morning. Today I show up for my appointment they could not do it because that is not where I got my dentures, I would have to go there. OMG! I cannot believe these people.

I called my Aspen dental in San Antonio to make an appointment and told her the situation. She told me I could go to any Aspen dental office. I plan to call corporate to file a complaint. 3 trips, 80 miles one way total 480 miles. I am very disappointed with the service and my dentures are loose. They hurt my gums, my lower gum get sores because they rub. I can't eat much. Very disappointed with the whole Aspen dental experience.

Had an appt at 1:30 on 8-30-17. Was called in the back about 1:35. Waited few minutes for dentist to come in (he is an old man who was probably retired and came back to work). Anyway I was there to have my temp dentures adjusted because they were too big. He looked at them and said "ok I can fix that I will be right back". Well he never came back.

Half hour later some girl who works there has no credentials comes back with my dentures to put them in my mouth. I asked her "isn't the dentist supposed to be doing that?". She said "yes but he's with another patient". Well they still didn't fit right, so she said she would get him. Ok now it's 2:15, no dentist yet. 2:30 no dentist yet, so I told her I was leaving, she said "no wait I will get him".

Ok he came and said "ok I can fix that". Gave them to the Lab right in front of us. Said he will right back, now it's 3:00 and I said "enough. I'm leaving". This is unacceptable. I've been here already 1hour and half, seen the dentist for 10 min altogether and nothing has been done. So here he comes and puts some stuff on them to hold them in and said some back in a month, I paid a lot for these dentures and the service at Aspen Is terrible. 2 hrs and saw the dentist for 10 mins. Something really needs to be done.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspen Dental?

Aspen Dental has been dishonest and after 8 months, I still don't have decent dentures keeping me to a soft food diet. The dentist talked me into removing my upper molars - nothing was wrong with them other than big fillings, which I've had dentists tell me about for over 30 years but no problems. The removal of the upper molars caused me to need a new lower partial as well, which wasn't covered by my insurance because mine was only a year old.

The immediate upper dentures were the worst lab work I'd ever seen - and I used to be a dental assistant - no dentist I ever worked for would have even allowed dentures that bad into the treatment room. The midline was off by over 1/4 inch and the teeth didn't line up with my lower teeth at all with a huge overbite. The dentist tried to switch the lower partial which was supposed to be a metal frame tooth based partial to a gum based flipper that is worthless with the false claim that my husband changed it, which he did not. The type of lower partial was re-established but I still haven't received it.

They made a new upper due to the horrible craftsmanship of the immediate - it's not much better. The back teeth are too small giving me TMJ and making it impossible to chew food properly. They had promised to make another one after the 6 month waiting time, but instead they tried to do a reline on the sly that was so bad I couldn't tell any difference - still loose as heck and no suction, can't even talk without gluing them in and so loose they come unglued when I try to eat. Now we are concerned that the insurance company will not cover my upper teeth if we change to another place...

They have agreed to do another upper denture, but I do not have much faith in them after seeing their horrible lab tech workmanship on the first 2. Not being able to eat properly all this time has affected me in nutrition and made me self conscious on how I look, not to mention the constant discomfort of ill fitting dentures. I'm extremely frustrated and hungry... I cannot afford to shell out another $3-4K for proper dentures, the whole experience has been on huge nightmare. I strongly recommend not going to Aspen Dental.

I hadn't been to a dentist in 6 years, since I retired and went on Social Security. I chipped a tooth recently and decided I needed to go get it repaired and get my teeth cleaned. As the initial visit at Aspen Dental was free, I decided to give them a try. The first thing they did was take lots of x-rays. Then they took me back to an exam room and showed me the x-rays. They said I had severe bone loss due to gum disease, which I had about 20 years ago. The dentist left me in the exam room and said someone would be back to talk to me. They left me with a tv screen and remote control.

After over an hour, I went out to see if they forgot me. They assured me that they had not forgotten me and that I would be next. The consultant met with me shortly. She said that they could fix my chipped tooth for about $150, but that I needed a special deep cleaning for my teeth and my gums were infected and I needed 2 months worth of treatments on them. The combined bill for cleaning my teeth and treating my gums would be somewhat over $2100! I didn't feel that my gums were infected, as they weren't sore or inflamed and they don't bleed when I brush my teeth. So, I decided not to sign up for their expensive treatments and to get a second opinion. On the way home, I started looking for reviews on Aspen Dental and found this website, where I found a man who was basically told what they told me, except they wanted $4000 from him.

So this week I went to a local dentist. They cleaned my teeth for $45. I qualified for their services on a sliding fee scale, where I only had to pay 50%. Also, they said my gums were fine and did not need any special treatments. Next week I'm going back to get the tooth repaired, which they said would cost me just over $100. So glad I found your reviews. You saved me $2000. There were several red flags that made me decide to check Aspen's reviews and get a second opinion.

My saga begins the day my 19 year old denture had a front tooth come apart from the denture. I wanted it repaired asap and my current dentist could not do anything quickly at that time. I began calling to see if I could get a dentist to work me in and repair it for the short term and work on replacing it. I called Aspen Dental and got their central office and was told that they had a office not too far way that could do it that day. I set an appointment and when I got there, I was told that I was misled, but they would do all they could to replace it asap, since the tooth was not one of theirs and that old. I set another appointment and went through the usual fittings. I bought the denture that came with a three year warranty. They never did the final fittings as I remember my old one, but it seemed fine.

However, about a month or so later, I took a bite of soft licorice and felt a crack open up. It went from the front to halfway back. I called and set an appointment meant to have the dentist look at it. I was assured it did not need replacing and repairs would be done the next day. I am glad I did not throw away the old denture. When I picked it up, they made one adjustment and said, it was as good as new and should not happen. Well, guess what, it did! This time, I was in a different state, so I call the first office and was told, no problem, just find an office close to me and they will take care of it. Once again, I go in and show the dentist the crack and they said they would do a repair, to make it good as new. They did fix it and handed it to me when I came back later that day. The dentist never did come and see how it fit or if it needed any adjusting to make sure the bite was correct (as she said she would).

The denture is not as good as new, because I can feel the difference where it was repaired! Shortly after, I received a bill, stating charges for detailed and extensive evaluation. I called and asked about the warranty and was told the repair was free, but the DETAILED AND EXTENSIVE evaluation was what I was being charged. I saw the dentist for less than 10 minutes. I guess that warranties do not really mean much if that's how they work in their dental business. The previous denture had several adjustments and was never charged. I wonder then why a auto warranty does not charge you when you bring it in to get diagnosed for an issue.

I called Aspen Dental Waycross GA and I let them know that I was there for a cleaning and bitewing only xrays. I have one tooth broken needs removed. I have another tooth that the crown is loose, both teeth are sensitive and infected. Dr. ** gave me antibiotics and pain meds. Nicole called me and went over 2 treatment plans, one for 6k and the other 7k. I told her that I am disabled with limited income and she told me that we could do one thing at a time.

I called to schedule my preventative cleaning and to one tooth pulled. Nicole told me that the cleaning wasn't in my treatment plan, so they can't do that cleaning, but a deep gum cleaning is part of the treatment plan. Which would cost me versus the cleaning that was free. I told her that I told them what I wanted done on the form and verbally and she told me she just doesn't know. I told I know that I will find another dentist and apologized for wasting their time and mine. Unbelievable treatment or lack of. Very disappointed.

About a year ago, my husband and I became patients in the Clermont, Florida office. Due to the extensive dental work that both of us needed, we were directed to activate an account with Dental First Financing. Against our better judgment, we agreed to the enormous total/quote. They created 2 separate accounts and explained that if the 1st account went over, then the 2nd account would be used to cover it. In other words, we would share the expenses. After having 5 teeth pulled, and a partial denture fitted, my husband went back to them about 4 months later to be fitted for his permanent partial. They refused to service him, stating that he had an outstanding bill of $1,000 due. When questioned, they explained that their office staff had failed to submit the billing to the Dental 1st after his last visit.

Apparently, there's a 90 day window in which Aspen had to submit the charges to Dental 1st, and they failed to do so. Now, that's a problem! We are currently paying Dental 1st a total of $375.00 per month for the account and services we initiated over a year ago. It's not fair that we get charged and sent to collections for a mistake that their company made! Now, my husband has a temporary partial and a collections notice. We've contacted the collections agency and explained our issue. Now, we are prepared to dispute the charges. We feel that we have been treated very, very unfairly! We were talked into setting up an account which carries an enormous interest rate of 27%. I am also very dissatisfied with my upper partial. The teeth are big and not very comfortable. I hope others will take note of this scam of a dental company and choose another company that cares more about their patients than their paychecks!

My first call with this company was because I had an abscessed tooth, this was early June. The soonest they could get me in was August 14 at 7:30 am, in Minot ND, about 120 miles away so I took this appointment. On Wednesday August 9th I received a text to confirm my appt, and I did. That following Friday at lunch time I got a voice mail from them to confirm again, but I had to call in 60 min. or my appointment would be canceled.

Well I'm in the food service industry and could not reply till 2pm, at which time I left a msg because they were closed for the weekend. After leaving numerous msg up until 7:15 am the day of my appt with no call backs... I drove 120 miles to my appointment to find out it was given to another person. With no remorse the receptionist just said, “(oh well) that’s our procedure.” And when I called corporate office I got the same response. How can they confirm an appointment by text msg than tell me I don't have one, Angry in North Dakota.

My husband and I have our teeth cleaned every six months. About two years ago, we got a dental discount plan and switched to Aspen Dental in Vero Beach. Here are a few of our worst experiences at that facility. 1) Dr. ** drilled and filled my husband’s small tooth cavity. The filling fell out the following day! Outraged, my husband refused to allow Dr. ** to try again, so the facility sent him to an Aspen facility 30 miles away for a new filling, a 45-minute drive.

2) Dr. ** had prepared my upper molar for a crown, and I reported for a 1 ½ hour appointment to have a cast made. Miss ** mixed, filled, and pressed a tray into my mouth 4 times, summoned a woman to show her how to do it successfully, tried 4 more times, finally summoning Dr. **. He rushed into the room, grabbed a spray bottle, and, while looking at and teasing Miss **, sprayed a chemical, missing my mouth and soaking my face and eyes, instead. He apologized, dabbed my face with a tissue, quickly made a cast, dismissed me, and left the room. I walked out, after 3 exhausting hours, with a sore jaw and with eyes burning so badly I could barely keep them open. My husband drove me to our ophthalmologist’s office where the doctor verified that my eyes were extremely irritated but uninjured. He gave me soothing drops, and I was charged for the visit. My eyes were bloodshot and painful for a week!

3) I dislodged a crown on a back molar while using dental floss, and I expected a dentist to re-cement the crown for the $25 dental plan fee. However, when Dr. ** examined my x-ray, he called out in alarm that my tooth was so badly decayed it could not hold a post, so the tooth had to be extracted. He did not show me the x-ray. I was directed to a clerk who first collected my $800 and then scheduled me for an extraction (my first). On that day, a new dentist, Dr. **, showed up to pull my tooth, and I noticed that the same inept Miss ** was to assist him. I asked, “Where is Dr. **?” and she replied, “Oh, he went back to school to learn surgery.” Dr. ** could not budge my tooth, so he broke it apart, digging it out piece by piece. Miss ** then made the cast on the first try (she had practiced on ME!) and, a few weeks later, my single-tooth appliance arrived.

Dr. ** fitted it in my mouth, removed it, set it down on the dental tray amid his equipment, and told me to return for a final fitting. As I left the room, I noticed Miss ** begin to clean off the tray. About a week later, the manager phoned to say that my partial was lost! She apologized and said a new one was ordered and should arrive in three weeks. I would need to repeat the fittings at that time. 4) I reported for my 6-month teeth cleaning. As usual, the hygienist complimented me on the excellent condition of my teeth and gums.

5) Six months later, I faced a new dental hygienist, Miss ** for my routine cleaning. She first probed my gums, charting the pockets. After showing me the numbers on her measuring pick, she told me I had periodontal disease! A dentist came in, nudged two of my teeth, and then left quickly. Then, Miss ** walked out of the room! I heard her verbally charting another patient! On the other side of the partition. When she returned fifteen minutes later, I asked her why she had left before completing my work. She replied, “They told me not to keep new customers waiting.” After passing a hand instrument lightly across my teeth, she sent me off to see the manager who told me that I have periodontal disease and must return in four months for a special treatment and then report for a treatment every three months after that.

She cited the various costs involved. I said I would phone later to make the appointment, but, instead, I immediately visited a local private practice dentist for a second opinion. He examined my mouth and said I do not have periodontal disease. However, he showed me evidence that much plaque remained on my teeth, so his hygienist cleaned my teeth properly. Needless to say, my husband and I will not return to Aspen Dental of Vero Beach. We regret that we put our trust in their questionable services.

Location: Cincinnati, OH on Kemper Road. I arrived at my first appointment at 12:17. The appointment time was for 12:15. Being a new patient I would be required to fill out paperwork. I took the option of downloading it online, completed it and brought it with me. When I approached the receptionist Brandy I went to hand her my paperwork, she ask my name which I responded and she then said in a very condescending tone that I would need to reschedule. When I ask why she said it is 12:17 and my appointment was 12:15. So I notified her not to bother.

I then called and talked to the office manager Lacey, she explained that they are very strict when it comes to new patients. I ask if there is not a window for people to fill out paperwork? She stated yes there is. I then ask what is that window. She stated 5-10 minutes. I then notified her that I arrived with my paperwork completed so I wouldn't need that window and actually would be ready ahead of time. She stated she was sorry but policy is policy.

After that experience and reading all the other horror stories on here, which I wish I would have prior to scheduling, I get the impression that if they have this type of operation at the front desk I could only imagine how you get treated once you're in the dental chair. I will be choosing a real dental office where you get treated like a person and not a number. I get tired of feeling like I am doing these companies a favor by spending my money with them. I hope they keep up the bad service in order for their real estate to be used for a more useful business.

They told me the cost of crown was 12 hundred. They charge me 450 for temporary crown. I ask them if they would put the cost of temporary to the 12 hundred. They said yes and they would give me a discount with a coupon which made the cost 760. I went in to get measured for crown and paid 450. Left me with a balance of 310. They gave me a remaining bill for 1068. Thieves. They said I signed bill for 1500 when I paid them the 450. I took them for granted and just signed the bill. The people who tried to collect my money were different from the girl who gave me the original price.

l left with just the temporary and told them to keep the tooth. I thought it was rather odd that they made me pay before they put the crown on. Now I know why. I paid 700 dollars for a temporary crown. Never had this problem before. I will never go back there again. A word to the wise. Get everything they do in writing before you have the work done. They just show you figures on their adding machine!

11-02-16, Aspen Dental's surgeon, Dr. ** came in for his once a month surgery procedures at the Hermitage, PA office to remove my upper teeth. 11-21-16 Aspen's dentist at Hermitage PA office finally looked inside my mouth after 3 previous visits where his male assistant refused to let me see the dentist because I just had normal swelling and was over reacting. He never removed my temporary denture but asked me to do it. He never looked in my mouth. On 11-21-16 I hollered to see dentist who then came in, examined my gum, left without a word then came back with his script to immediately see a local dental surgeon.

I did that day and was seen for an appt, the following day. New surgeon gave me antibiotics and came back 12-2-16 opened up puss gums to find crumbling bone falling on tongue! He scrapped a lot of destroyed none, did biopsies which came back Acute Osteomyelitis of upper jaw which is a severe bacterial bone infection caused from Aspen's Surgeon and neglect of assistant to let dentist examine only 1 week after surgery when he was told I felt the bone was sponge, felt liquid drainage from gums and a very bad taste in mouth.

I have been on antibiotics that made me deathly sick for months, hospitalized for 4 days near death, 5-15-17 at SRH admitted having a pic infusion line surgically put in. Next day at NE Ohio Infectious Disease Center to start a 6 week 7 days a week 30 min antibiotic infusion done. This gave me side effects of fatigue, nauseas, and headaches. It took 30 minutes each way plus the 30 minutes to have the slow IV drip put into my pic line. Once I completed on 6-30-17 I then have to take 2 months of 2 different antibiotics that drain me physically, give headaches and nauseated for 2 hours after taking it at 6 am then again at 6 pm!

On 5-17-17 I contacted Aspen Dental in Hermitage to inform them what happened to me since they never called me in the past 7 months and spoke to Shayla the Mgr. I told her I wanted my full money back of almost $5,000.00 I had to pay upfront but after thinking things over she called me back and said, "Here is Aspen's surgeons personal cell phone number and you need to take it up with him."

I called Dr. ** who stated I do not have Osteomyelitis, never had it, was being treated now for nothing. Asked, "Do you have puss coming from your gums now?" I said after 7 months of antibiotics it has stopped. I asked him if he was denying the results from Sharon Region Hospitals pathology lab? Said it is wrong. Asked if he was denying, the 2nd dental surgeon who treated me, "Who you also yourself personally go to for service diagnosis of my condition" and Dr ** stated he also was wrong. Wanted me to come to Aspen his next visit in June to examine my upper jaw and said, "You won't have Osteomyelitis"!!! Is he kidding? I told him, "You can't tell except from blood work and pathology from bone biopsies if definitely the case. You just don't open my mouth and say, ah-ha, nothing here!"

Aspen refuses to own up to all the illness they have put me through let alone hospital stays, testing, medications, surgeries, pain, humiliation of going 9 months without any dentures because bone was way too sensitive and infected to do it. Just let it rest and heal I was told. Last week I was given a bill by a new dentist to put custom denture to fit my mouth that is missing some upper jaw bone now is going to cost me $7,000. In Mercer County there are no medical malpractice lawyers but oh, only a 40 minute drive away there are oodles of them in Pittsburgh! Aspen Dental, you are disgusting to not own up to your mistakes and return the money you collected. I got a jacked-up surgery and a temporary denture for all that money.

I visited Aspen Dental in Amherst NH for the first time in March 2017. My daughter had fallen on ice and had broken her front teeth. I called on a Saturday and was told they could take her as a emergency on Monday morning at 9AM. I kept her out of school on Monday and went to the dental office. Upon arriving I was told to complete some paperwork and have a seat. Approx 15 minutes the later the receptionist call me to her desk to inform me that they did not have time to see my daughter that morning. I became agitated and explained that per their direction I kept my daughter out of school and that I wanted her to be seen. They made us wait 2 hours until finally we were able to be seen. During the two hours I witnessed many unhappy patients who got irate, stormed out and were shouting at the staff for various reasons. In hindsight that should have been a red flag for me.

My daughter was seen and was told she would need veneers to cover her front teeth. They demanded to take x-rays and also schedule her for a "full" exam. Before any work was done, they billed me $2000.00 on a CareCredit card. After 3 subsequent visits the work was finally done. During her treatment the dentist that had starting working with her, had left the company, so we now were working with a different dentist. I was told on her last visit that due to insurance coverage, I had a $191.00 credit which I requested to be applied to my CareCredit account.

Three months later, I still had no credit. Upon inquiring with the office, I was told that the insurance company didn't cover veneers and therefore I now owed them an additional $700.00. The claim they fought with the insurance company over the 3 months and that is why I was never informed of this. They stated that I should have received an explanation of benefits from the insurance company, however I don't carry the insurance on my daughter. During my call to complain, I was put on hold. The advertising on the phone stated "At Aspen Dental you can feel confident that the amount we quote is the amount you will pay. If your insurance company pays less than quoted, Aspen Dental will honor your quote." Hmmmm... When the office manager returned to the phone I informed her of the advertising and she said "Oh we don't offer that program anymore". What? It is still on your advertising.

For 3 months no one bothered to bill me, let me know there was an issue with the insurance company or have the courtesy to follow up. Only upon my request for my credit did all this come to light. I say beware to anyone as these practices are despicable. Now they won't even honor their own advertising. I cannot pay another $700.00 and have asked them to honor the own words.

My partial denture did not fit correctly the first day. I told them the "bite" was not correct. I was in pain from the disastrous fit. The dentist ground down the "high points" so the painful "fit" was gone. The "bite" was still wrong, and I told the dentist. He said it would take a few "adjustments" to get it right. The poor fit pain returned. They "adjusted" it again. I told them the "bite" was wrong. He again said it would take a few "adjustments" to get it right. After two days, one of the denture "wires" broke. I complained to the "main" website and asked for my money back. I was not "satisfied" as their TV commercials state. I was then told that I would have to have made a "request" for my money back within 60 days.

They advertise that you get your dentures in "days not weeks". Mine took over TWO MONTHS!! Since then the only time I get "attention" from Aspen Dental, Mesa AZ office, is when I complain on the main website. Appointments have been made with the "head dentist" that told me ONLY he would be handling my "case" from now on. The "appointments" were cancelled because "he" was not there "that day" A month ago. Now, with the help of a main website complaint, I am again scheduled for an appointment to get the process of a new denture.

I want you know that your finance person at the gave me wrong and misleading information. On the day of my appointment for review of the procedures and cost I was told that I needed some dental work done by a specialist first before we could go further at Aspen Dental. I was referred to a Specialist. At that time I was told by your finance manager that because of the procedure done would be covered by my medical plan. I questioned this but, was assured that what I was told was correct. As with anyone would, I believed what I was being told was true.

I was told I needed dental work done which would exceed $3000.00. I expressed the fact it was way more that I could afford at this time. We discussed what needed immediate attention and it brought the cost down. I agreed to the treatment and the cost. $1765.50 was the amount for the treatment. I asked if that was the COMPLETE total and was assured that that would be the complete cost. Again, trusting what I was being told was the truth. I put the total amount on my credit card and we went forward.

Now I am being billed for $800.00 more than was agreed to. I did question your finance manager about this and she denies ever telling me that the work by the specialist would be medical. If this were the case more monies would have been available for my dental work and I would not be writing this letter. Also, if someone would have been up front with me about the what I was signing. We would not be having this problem. Yes, I should have read the Treatment Acceptance and Payment Arrangement Form but, I trusted someone telling me that this would be the complete cost.

I went today for the first time in a long time to Aspen Dental because I have a very loose tooth and two teeth behind it that is broken off. First they called me and had a cancellation, move me up to an earlier appointment. When I get there, I filled out forms and sit down. I notice that everyone else that came in was being called before me. Then after an hour and a half, I ask what was the problem. Shortly after that I was called to the back. They started rushing objects in my mouth (for xrays) then shoved me in a room. Dentist comes in. She won't pull the teeth that's the problem. She wants to pull all my teeths and not fix the problems at hand. At a later time. The most horrible appointment I have ever had. Would not recommend this place to the ??? Everything to run the insurance company money up without fixing a thing. That lady dentist should be monitored for she pretends to be.

Where do I start? I have had nothing but problems with the Peoria location. I had my teeth extracted from another dentist but was going to Aspen for my dentures. I received my temporary set and they fit fine, but when I went back to finish the process and get my permanent set - The office had NO CLUE what was going on with me. The first appointment, there were extraction tools out and the tech even looked in my mouth and gasp when she saw I had no teeth TO extract. So, they set me up with another appointment and the SAME thing happened with that appointment. I waited 4 years for them to open another location so I didn't have to deal with the ignorance and unorganized office and staff any longer.

The second, and most traumatizing incident with the Peoria location was with my husband on 6/8/17, My husband had a tooth on his top pallet that was loose and would fall out. He made an appointment and saw the dentist only for the Dentist to tell him his dentures weren't properly made and they should have drilled the sides down so the tooth would stick in the hole and stay properly. NEVER fixed the tooth, only made ANOTHER appointment for him to come in and fix the issue. (I know, why not just fix it then right?) Instead, he waits another 2 weeks and two days before his appointment. ANOTHER tooth came out only he SWALLOWED that tooth.

My husband opted for the really white teeth which have to be ordered so he called ahead and spoke with the UNGODLY RUDE receptionist. (I, too, have had conversations that run in circles with her because she seems to think she can handle any issue on the other end of the line. Very rude and condescending.) As my husband is asking her to transfer him to either a lab tech (The one who actually MAKE the dentures on site) or the Office Manager but NO! She would not transfer him, instead she screamed at him over the phone so loud I could hear clearly what she was saying sitting next to him. I heard her say "Shut the hell up" and other curse words, eventually hanging up on my husband.

The last thing my husband said to her was "I'm getting a lawyer and I'm going to sue you if Aspen doesn't fix my teeth." Now mind you, in the beginning of every conversation with the office, the automated lady says the conversations are recorded for training purposes. (So, you would think in a dispute they would be happy to pull the recordings and listen to them to solve issues Right? WRONG!!!) The next phone call he received was from the police stating the receptionist claims he said he "was going to shoot up the place" -- (again sitting next to him he did NOT say that. However maybe if she wasn't screaming like a crazy person she would have heard what he really said.)

We have called corporate (Does no good b/c each site is independently ran by the dentist there). We have been promised calls from a district manager by the name of "Jennifer" (I'm still waiting 8 weeks later for that phone call). I did receive a letter in the mail stating that my husband is "released as a patient of Aspen Dental for ALL locations" Not just the one location - ALL OF THEM. Well, what about the warranty right? Nope, they call that Null and Void because of whatever reasons they come up with at the top of their heads.

So now my steps are - Contacting my Attorney General's office and filing a report. Contacted the Dental Association to file a report for mediation (Just to see if they will fix the teeth) and meeting with our attorney in the morning. If I would have known all of this was to take place, we would have taken our (collective amount) $12,000 somewhere else where they actually stand behind their product and not be biased towards rude ghetto staff.

I went to Aspen Dental, they extracted 21 teeth, I picked out new dentures, they put a temp set on the same day. Immediately, they had a problem with my bottom denture. Went thru all the refittings, etc, telling them each time that my mouth wasn't closing. They proceeded to put some kind of paper that marked the teeth and told me my mouth was closing, that it probably just felt weird. Went almost a year before I got my permanent denture, again telling them my mouth isn't closing, the same thing with the paper etc. That was three years ago.

To this day I cannot wear my bottom dentures because my mouth doesn't close, granted, the teeth are meeting, but the problem is they meet before my mouth closes. The last dentist I told this to left the room and called me difficult. Well for over the $8,000 I spent there and the $3000 my dentures cost me, they should fit and I should be able to wear them. I am tempted to go to another dentist and have my bottoms redone, Aspen Dental does guarantee dentures but so far I have not had any satisfaction with them.

I started trying to work with Aspen Dental since the death of my mother so I could assist my brother. I had to get some documents signed before they gave me any information on his account which is understandable. Once I was authorized I was trying to find out exactly what had been done with no information to start with. They got very aggravated when I tried to repeat the information because I didn't understand and transferred me to someone else. I have been trying to get a copy of the records from this location for over 2 weeks. I am told over and over that they will send them that day via email.

I have to call and follow up sometimes several times a day, and now it seems that they recognize my phone number when I call and they put me on hold - when it transfers to ring to them they pick it up they put me on hold again. After the third time being put on hold when it transferred back to them I stayed on my cell and I called their office using my office phone and wouldn't you know it they picked up!! I still don't have a copy of the records. All I am asking for is a bit of professionalism and follow up.

I called Aspen dental 10 July 2017 for an emergency appointment because I was experiencing Pain in my lower back tooth. I was given an appointment for 13 Sep at 7:30AM. I was told there was no emergency appointments but I could come in any day they were open and if anyone with an appointment canceled they would see me and x-ray taken to see what if anything was going on.

(BACKGROUND AS TO WHY I WENT TO ASPEN IN THE FIRST PLACE: Because my previous Dentist who I had been going to for YEARS had said something was going on with this tooth and soon would be given me trouble and it involved 4 teeth since it was used to bridge in two and would cost quite a bit. I then decided to get Dental insurance and after I took the insurance the dentist office I wanted to go to had dropped out of the program so ASPEN was the only Dentist that took the Insurance MY BIG MISTAKE).

At any rate I went to ASPEN had 5 fillings and the hygienist looked at my teeth did a small amount of work on my gums gave me a rinse, one electric tooth brush/paste and a mouth wash for which I paid $800.00. On 10 July I asked what the total charges was and was told it was $2100.00, supposedly they did not charge for all the X rays they did. This seemed very excessive since the X rays they took did not pick up on anything going on with my lower left jaw tooth. I will say the dentist, hygienist and office staff were very nice, but the charge was high and with no way to see them in an emergency was not what I had anticipated.

All you have to do is see the ONE star reviews. It seems if you have insurance, they LOVE to take advantage of it! They set down a stack of papers, with some numbers on top stating (in my case nearly $8,000.00 dollars worth) that, "Your insurance will pay this much, here is the total, so this is your balance." This is before they do ANY work and want to collect money from you which is illegal! Katie ** and Daniel ** pegged it as I had the exact same experience as BOTH of them!

Just a word of warning - open the packet of papers before signing or you will get charged for 135 dollar toothbrush, 39 dollar dental rinses (several), along with the cancer screening! If you have to get a partial, as was my case since it was an accident, please check with your insurance first if they cover the cost of temporary partials they will give you after the extractions. Your insurance may ONLY pay for those, which are cheap plastic and NOT pay for the real set as you can only get them once every 5 years... something Aspen NEVER tells anyone.

I should also mention their dentures and partials are supposedly guaranteed, "no questions asked return policy" for 90 days. When you call Aspen Dental's customer satisfaction line and mention this or anything regarding monies owed, they refer you back to the Aspen office that provided the service because the dentist who works there actually owns the practice and everything is governed by THEIR rules, and Aspen acts as if they have no culpability!

I am however giving ONE star to Dr. ** as he is very professional and does some great work with difficult (broken teeth by accident) extractions and pain management. I will only give 1 star though as I believe it is his staff who does the upselling and overall dereliction of duties in explaining the billing process adequately. He needs to make sure HIS good name is not lost in the anguish some of us feel from Aspen Dental, but ignorance is no excuse. Dr. **, please review what your front office staff is doing.

I pay good money for all my health, dental and vision care as many of you do. Do NOT pay for services until rendered, no matter how they pressure you. Read over your itemized billing and have them explain EVERYTHING if you do not understand, and you can REFUSE anything listed you do not want as this will go toward your yearly deductible. I hope this review helps anyone reading to take some notes and above all ASK QUESTIONS!

I would not suggest Aspen Dental to ANYONE. They spend too much on advertising and not enough on customers. We were overcharged by more than $900 when my husband went there. We requested repayment multiple times over 4 months and never got our money back. It was only when we went to the office unannounced and refused to leave and started telling other customers what happened to us that the office manager finally got "corporate" on the phone and processed our refund. They still owe us nearly $60 and still fighting for THAT.

To add insult to injury, the caps my husband had put in FELL OUT THREE TIMES in the first week after they were put in! During a holiday week in the winter, we had to keep going back and back again and again!!! Then when my daughter went there, they told her in her very first appointment that she needed all her fillings replaced (which hadn't been bothering her at all). She went to another dental practice to get a second opinion and guess what? All the fillings were absolutely FINE. Then my son was supposed to go. He made an appointment for a cleaning six months ago for 6 pm (He works 8:30 to 5:30). They confirmed the appointment a few days before via email and text. On the morning of the appointment they called to cancel it!!! He called to reschedule, and they told him, "We can't give you any appointments at 6 pm (even though the practice is open until 7 pm) because our hygienist is only here until 5 pm!!!

Well why did they schedule an appointment for 6 p.m. if they can't do cleanings then??? And then why did it take them six months to realize it??? I would urge anyone who has problems at Aspen Dental to post their reviews on the local office's Facebook page, so EVERYONE in your community can read it!!! Also, call 1-866-273-8606! Plus post on the master Facebook page because their patient satisfaction team supposedly gets involved. I'm waiting for a call back now. We'll see what happens.

I hadn't seen a dentist for a very long time. The SE 14th Aspen Dental team made me feel so so comfortable and at ease with the procedures I was going to have done. I could tell that they all really took pride in what they do and really care about their patients. I was having blood pressure problems before I had an extraction done and they had to send me to the ER and they called to check up on me until I was able to get my blood pressure under control. I would recommend Aspen Dental to anyone.

My husband had extensive dental work done starting in 2015 through the end of 2016. He signed multiple agreements which listed a "patient responsibility" amount. We paid, in full, the amount presented to us by the fiance department. We paid in full prior to procedures or as he checked out immediately after a procedure.

Again, we paid the price of the "patience responsibility" in full prior/immediately after the procedures. About 2 months after his bridge was placed, we were billed for $3,700. Again, we had already paid in full the amount agreed upon and listed as "patient responsibility" prior to the procedure. After calling, I was told by Megan that she would contact the insurance company and get back to me. She said she would put our account on hold while awaiting to hear from the insurance company and that we did the right thing by calling her. She said to ignore the bill for now, and she mentioned she would be in contact after talking to the insurance company. We never heard back from her. Not too long after that, we received a collection notice in the mail.

Unfortunately the Aspen Dental finance department presented us with a deceptive financial agreement and now we have to deal with a collection company. Still haven't heard from Megan!!! I would not recommend Aspen. We needed an accurate estimate and to be fully informed of the cost of service. We were told and agreed to one amount, but have been billed for $3,700 above that amount. As a young family, we simply would not have been able to/chose to have the procedure done had we known the true financial cost. It was deceptive and definitely was presented in a way to hook us. After the procedure is done, it is too late to space out procedures/change treatments/decline treatments due to cost.

I have reviewed Aspen before and they have played games with me since my negative review. Aspen Dental in Keene, NH took my money and ruined my self-esteem in order to get their commissions. They do not help you if you complain so God forbid don't do that and if you have multiple sclerosis or another disability that causes cognitive issues they will use that in order to wear you down and not help you especially if it involves admitting wrongdoing or simply a refund that they state they will give you if you are unhappy with your dentures.

The last thing that they did to me was convince me to get a lower partial in order to save the few remaining teeth I had left that they didn't pull. And when I twice went back because it didn't fit or look right and to discuss them fixing the damage they caused because of this inferior product they said they would get back to me within a week, that was over a year ago. 4 of my teeth had chipped and weakened and in the time that I have spent waiting for them to help me I had a healthy eye tooth break right in half and another tooth break into pieces. I am ashamed and humiliated and horrified by my appearance, I only leave my house if I have no choice.

I used to be a confident beautiful woman before Dr. Jebediah ** got his hands on me. I am now so angry because they sent another letter saying their office manager Kristy tried unsuccessfully to reach me and that is another lie!!! She left one message 2 weeks after I contacted Nancy in the corporate office and I have called and left 3 messages on the voicemail of the number she gave me! She has it set up so it doesn't even say her name, another tactic of these dishonest people with no conscience. I went to another dentist finally for help out of desperation and I have to have the remainder of my teeth removed! I spent a fortune trying to save them because Dr. ** said do whatever it takes you don't want lower dentures! I had cleanings, fillings and extremely painful bone grafts!

I now have to spend 4000 more dollars to replace their horrible upper denture that is falling apart after only a few years, have the remaining teeth pulled and get that lower denture after all! My daughter said to tell everyone and take pictures and post them on social media. I no longer care about the embarrassment and humiliation I will feel coming out!!! This company and their dentists need to be held accountable. I have had enough. I hope this saves at least one person from going through what I have gone through. Dentures are horrible! Do not let them convince you it's the best option for you. They troll for people who can not afford the expense of implants and better dental care. Don't believe them and paying for one implant what I paid for the horrible denture would be better I promise you.

One last thing - don't let them convince anyone that you need the whole scaling deal before you get a second opinion. That is one thing that the hygienist can make their bonuses on! One hygienist refused to give me a regular cleaning because I couldn't afford the planing and scaling! Do not trust these people. Go somewhere else no matter what! They are not your last resort. Please listen to someone whose life has been destroyed because of Aspen Dental.

I went to them back in 2015, paid over 3456.00 for me to get dentures. They have never fit from day one plus I got charged for things they didn't even do to me. I have been complaining to them for two years now and they have did nothing about it. I didn't have any dental insurance so I had to pay for them myself. My dentures have been sitting in a denture cup since I got them. The bottom denture cuts my tongue on the inside and the top cuts the top of my tongue. I wish someone would look into them and make them pay the people. Then if you're not satisfied you can get your money back. That's a lie.

I went to Aspen Dental for a new bridge, root canal and crown, cleaning and filling. My quote was for around $6554 minus my insurance cap $1149 and minus discount offered by Aspen of $2662, my out of pocket cost came out to $2743, which I paid before any work was done. Here we are 5 months later. I get a bill from Aspen for $2368. When I called to ask about it, I was told the billing department didn't acknowledge the quoted discount, so she resubmit the paperwork to billing to include the discount and I was told to not worry about it. In the weeks to follow I’m still getting a bill and again I call. I’m still being told they will resubmit it and not to worry about it.

Next thing I know I’m getting automated phone calls saying I need to pay that balance within a certain amount of time before it's given to a collection agency. So again I call Aspen and now they're telling me because my insurance paid more than the quoted cap they gave me they won’t give me the discount of $2662. So because my insurance paid $294 more than they expected they want me to pay the remaining balance of the discount they gave me of $2368 instead of refunding me or my insurance company the $294 that my insurance "over paid". Is this legal? Does anyone know if they can do that? I received 2 collection letters already, should I pay this before it affects my credit?

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Aspen Dental practices are individually owned and operated but share a commitment to similar values, like compassion and respect, and receive business support from Aspen Dental Management, Inc. There are almost 550 Aspen Dental practices across the United States serving over 3.7 million patients a year.

• Options: Aspen Dental offer four styles of full dentures and three styles of partial dentures, so patients can find a denture product that meets their needs and budget. They also offer single tooth implant and implant-supported dentures.
  • On-site denture lab: All Aspen Dental locations have an on-site dental lab. This allows patients to get their dentures, implants, crowns and bridges as fast as possible.
  • Guarantee: Aspen Dental offers a money-back guarantee on all dentures, both full and partial sets. If patients are unhappy, they have three months to return the dentures and request a full refund.
  • General dentistry: Aspen Dental practices offer a wide array of dental services in addition to dentures and implants. Those looking for a dentist to meet all their oral health needs will appreciate this variety of services.
  • Costs and discounts: Interested consumers can visit the website for their local Aspen Dental location to see a list of fees for all available services. They can also find available deals and special pricing offers listed on the website.
  • Best for consumers who want a single dentist for all their needs and those who need service quickly.

Compare Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions