1.20/5
Based on 162 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Stow, OH

722 Aspen Dental Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I lost a filling so thought I would try Aspen. What a mistake! I was told nothing could be done without a deep cleaning! And I had to return in three months for another before anything could be done. The cleaning would cost over $1500.00! Then he said I needed a crown, at $1500.00! So over $3,000.00 for this. What a rip off. After reading reviews I see that everyone is told they need a deep cleaning, really? Never again, wish I had read the reviews before I wasted my time. They don't even deserve one star!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I went to Aspen Dental in North Charleston SC yesterday thinking I may have a cavity, (obviously before I read any reviews on the place unfortunately). I was told I have one small cavity somewhere completely different from where I thought it was and that I needed a "deep cleaning". I was told my cavity couldn’t be filled until I had this cleaning done. They charged me 940 dollars for a 45 minute cleaning with no **. And proceeded to tell me that I would need to pay another 400 for my small filling to prevent a root canal! I only allowed them to do the cleaning to begin with because I thought I was at least going to be receiving the service that I was paying for. I was shocked that they could charge so much for such shoddy work! I explained that I was a single mother and couldn’t afford the 3500 dollar treatment that they originally put for treatment plan.

They took off some antibiotic they wanted me on and got the treatment plan down to 1384.00, and then proceed to get me some credit card called dental first. They then told me that if I didn’t have the cleaning done that same day I may end up needing 1000s more worth of work done. So I let them do the deep cleaning thinking it would take a few hours at minimum and they may only be able to do half my mouth the first day along with some ** for the pain associated with the procedure. 45 minutes later and absolutely zero pain they say I’m done and charge me 940.80. Then they tell me I need to go back within the week to get my filling done which would be another 368.00 in order for the Dental credit card I just applied for to cover any of it. I told them I didn’t want them doing my filling and they said I still had to come back in next Monday to sign some other papers or that I would have a non payment on the whole treatment plan.

I went home and proceeded to call ten local dentist offices and asked how long a deep cleaning takes and what it involves. Am they all said it would take two two hour sessions and that they would need to give me ** because it would be very painful otherwise. When I told judgement I went to Aspen Dental and that they have me a “deep cleaning” in forty five minutes with no ** they said that would be impossible to do the work involved in that amount of time and that I would be in severe pain without medication. They said what I received was a regular cleaning that would cost 100-150 anywhere else, and that I probably didn’t even need the kind of cleaning that I was charged for. I think this is extremely unethical and very shady all the way around! I feel so scammed!

Get expert buying tips about Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

My mom went in to get dentures on top. The whole staff had no clue what they were doing. They tried to talk my mom into having yellow teeth on her dentures. I had to go in and figure why. Finally got the correct shade teeth, but they had no idea how to fit dentures. My mom went back many many times to get fitted and it was never right. The last time we went in the whole staff was replaced with new people and they said they will get it right.

Well, my mom went back many many many more times to try to get fitted with a new denture and it fitted so horrible she could not wear them. I called and talked with the regional manager and I wanted a refund and Wendy offered to let my mom keep the 1st pair that fit OK (she could not eat with them) but she would give my mom the refund and use the OK dentures till she finds a new dentist and gets a new pair. Well now the manager called my mom yesterday and harassed her stating they want all her dentures back before they refund her anything.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I found this office for my family dental care on June, but they made us so uncomfortable with these 2 months! There were 4 times appointments were changed/canceled of the total 6 appointments, some changes/canceled were made on the same appointment day which I already took day off from work, the last canceled appointment even with totally no any contacted (I checked all the calls). My kids and I get told after we had been waiting for more than a half hour at the front desk. And they didn't think that they did anything wrong, not even say a word "Sorry"!

I can't believe some people do the business this way. For these problems I may protect my rights by the law or they have to provide a corresponding list of historical calls, messages or emails to prove that they didn't default. And, they list us that we must buy $135 Electronic toothbrush with teeth cleaning orders before starting fixing others problem. All those little things makes a better world and society, which needs everyone be morality, respect and polite, especially with the business. I wish they will doing better.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

My husband took our son here to get a tooth capped that broke from basketball. Anyway, they gave my husband some song and dance that he needed his front tooth crowned instead of capped because of his age! We had a coupon for the initial visit to be free, consultation and x-ray. I have never heard of a front tooth crowned! Anyway, instead of a $200 procedure, they wanted to do a $1500 procedure. I just received a bill today for $194. Do NOT go here unless money means nothing to you! I do have a statement for proof!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspen Dental?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Ever wonder why there is a problem with Aspen Dental? Research the Frontline Investigation which was broadcast on PBS in 2012. The Idaho Falls office dropped the ball. When transparency isn't the office's priority-then the patient suffers the consequences; "Your mouth-our mission," should be "Your wallet-our mission." Since when does an office manager withhold a detailed billing statement/"Treatment Plan" from a patient outlining costs and then provide one after the patient requests it-one which shows an amount close to twice as much as the original agreed upon amount? The office manager demonstrated a classic Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde syndrome when approached about several issues, not to mention misrepresentation of an "Agreed Treatment Plan" and its costs.

Additionally, the ADA recommends an average time to do root planing and scaling per quadrant is approximately 45 minutes-how then does the hygienist complete 4 quadrants of 4+ teeth in an hour and 40 minutes? Could it be that the entire process was unnecessary? What about the generic patient instructions after deep cleaning? When ** (a local antibiotic) is placed subgingival in several regions, and brand labeling states that the patient should be instructed NOT to brush or floss the affected regions for 7 days, but the generic instructions state to do the opposite-it means the patient has just paid for a drain cleaner costing hundreds of dollars.

What about when the patient specifically instructs the hygienist not to perform a procedure if it costs any money-and the hygienist states that it doesn't and does it anyway? Finally, due to safety reasons and ADA guidelines, it isn't standard of practice for hygienists to use injectable local anesthetic on the entire mouth; it can cause swallowing difficulties, loss of mandibular function, and inadvertent tissue injury, because the patient can't feel anything! So what happened, the hygienist did just that, compromised patient safety and anesthetized the entire mouth, in order to get what should have been done in at least two separate visits, done in one. Wow, looks like reporting this incident to the State Attorney General, Idaho Dentistry Board, and Idaho ADA, is the way to go.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

A complete cockup. I broke my lower denture while eating a month ago. They are three years old and are a perfect fit... allowing me to eat anything such as nuts and corn on the cob! Since I moved across the state of **, and a four hour drive is a long haul for the original denture clinic which did a fine job, I chose Aspen for the repair... Silly me. They did a great job of the repair, and did it for free! That is where the good stuff ends. They also took an impression at the first visit telling me that the original denture would just break again... so I needed a new lower. Fine... I should have run for the hills. Instead they took the impression and then a billing agent in the office met me to get payment... when I was still in the chair! I saw the doctor (assumed a prosthodontist) for like one minute.

Several weeks later I had the try in denture of wax. Now it was some other guy who seemed to know as much about dentures as a caveman knows about quantum physics. Where is the doctor? Then the next visit came the final denture and the try in... Do you remember the plastic vampire fangs we used to get that glowed in the dark? They cost one dollar at a five and dime store. Yea... pretty much the same fit. So painful and ill-fitting that I could not even wear them. They ground them (a nice young woman assistant who had as much of a clue about dentures as a mushroom), and they finally sort of fit, and felt like chewing on glass shards.

Fast forward to the next visit... Yea. I couldn't wear them at all in the two-weeks between visits. Thank God for the repaired old ones! The lowers hurt so bad I gagged and bled. They were like knife blades. So I go in and see them for an 'adjustment'. They refuse to start again with a new lower and impression and settle for a re-lining. Try relining a pair of candy wax monster teeth from the 1970s.

My point in all of this is the sheer incompetence at Aspen. No medical provider should be allowed to provide beyond poor expertise for a premium price. Cut-rate prices? See that is what they advertise... but the services and all the add-ons equal or exceed a professional dentist of private practice or an accredited outfit. (I think Aspen was accredited by North Korea. ;)) What you end up with is poor service, poor treatments and treatments you don't need, and since they pay so poorly and have a monetary goal structure forced by the corporate owners... all they get are poor employees and doctors who might want to intern under a drunken tooth puller at a 17th century pub in England with a pliers. Above all... they try to force you to pay ahead of time... DO NOT DO IT! Pay only after the work is completed. That way you have a way out...

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Over charged, never could get hold of district office. They coded the proc codes wrong, been trying to get money back, even had my insurance call them. You could not even call their district office, the person that took care of insurance Liz did not want to help even when I got proof. Terrible experience. They owe me money.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I've been with Aspen Dental for a very long time and happy. Yesterday I went there not feeling very well. They took x-rays. Couldn't really figure out which tooth was bad or even if it was bad. Went to check out and my insurance would have paid everything but they ask for $76. Now it's lost into their computer system and I probably won't come back and I want my $76 back.

Original review: July 31, 2018

My bridge work area was swollen as it was injected with needle as soon as they did it. They proceeded 2 weeks later to put it in anyway although it was still swollen. My bridge went out of the assistant's hands and landed on a shelf, heard water running but don't know if she really cleaned it. Claimed the swollen would go done literally could drain puss from the gums. Still bothers a lot swelling remains permanently. Now told from another dentist something is wrong under there, only 3 yrs. Insurance won't pay till after 5.

My partial was a downgrade from what I ordered but they claim they couldn't get the other one to fit. According to other dentist and insurance was a downgrade. No credit to my account. And 5 yrs before I can get a new one, can't wear it. Makes me choke and gag when I drink or eat. Also they bill CareCredit right away so you are paying interest on work that is not done yet not to mention inaccurate medical records. Have had numerous medical problems since this, which my doctor stated this has been since my dental work. (Blood work inflammation markers up.)

My husband went to a different Aspen his crowns are bad and once again not past the 5 yrs. Oh one just made 5 yrs. He waited for over a year. His was cracked. Our son went to the same one my husband went to before my husband did. Not happy either. Their easiest fix was to take his teeth out they claimed. I don't know why insurance companies cover a place like this. None of us will ever go back to an Aspen Dental (Brookfield & West Bend). I guess I get stuck paying out of pocket to fix this crap.

Original review: July 30, 2018

My husband had a set of Comfilytes dentures made in Thomaston, Maine in April. We are travelers and chose to have his dentures made at an Aspen Dental since they are nationwide. Now, 3 months later the bottom denture has developed a crack. These dentures have a 7 year warranty. He has been in contact several times with phone representatives of Aspen Dental but the result is always the same, they can't help him. Neither the Santa Fe, New Mexico nor the Clovis, New Mexico office will answer their phones to make an appointment for the denture repair. The last phone conversation ended with her saying we could try next week. This is just Monday! I am frustrated that Aspen Dental does not seem to stand behind their product and refuse to help in any way.

Original review: July 28, 2018

They refused my repair unless I submitted to a full dental exam. It would take days before I could get the exam, therefore days before I could eat solid food. I asked if I could drop off my denture in the morning before work and pick it up after, they refused.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Fraudulent business. After making me wait for 45 minutes, the 'dentist' saw me for 5 minutes then sent me to their billing agent who informed me I needed $2,000 in services. I declined, went to a legitimate dentist who charged me $250. This real dentist sat with me for 15 minutes discussing my dental health and options for moving forward.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I went in for a retreatment of an old root canal. They sat me down and told me that it was preapproved by my insurance company. A few weeks after the procedure I was informed that my insurance company would not pay because it was a re-treat. I got a $2000+ bill and told them to fight it. They tried twice and then informed me that they don't cover re-treats and I am responsible for the bill. They gave me a $1000 discount over the phone, but never sent me the new bill. Today I got a letter that I was referred to a collection agency. I paid the bill, but may have taken a different approach had I not been misinformed. I asked them to send me the pre-approval statement from the insurance company several times to no avail. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Original review: July 20, 2018

After having a root canal gone bad by Cincinnati Dental in Fairfield, I had it looked at. Turns it was rotting and infection going down my neck. The tooth had to go, fine. But the dentist told the assistant to get me an appointment and schedule a bridge--which was over $1,500! I had to say "WHOA! I don't want a bridge (yet)!" Was then told I HAD TO HAVE extreme periodontal cleaning, which, nothing else can be done until that is done--which was quoted over $3,000, that included a toothbrush for over $100!

This was as I was sitting in some office with a manager, just like when you're buying a used car. I insisted on different estimates, scaling back on different things. Got it down a little, but will get 2nd opinion. Last night I was there for a broken tooth and a young dentist barely looked at me. I had a question about another filling and he snuck a charge on me for $68! It's like being at a used car lot and grocery store checkout line. You have to watch the register or the prices will be wrong! SNEAKY USED CAR DENTISTRY!!!

Original review: July 17, 2018

I went in around the beginning of April 2018, to have a broken tooth repaired. Ended up having 4 fillings, tooth repaired, and then a recap on an old root canal, because the filling on it came out when they repaired the broken tooth. I had this root canal done 12 years ago, and had never had any problems with it. I was charged for that service because I HAD to have it fixed. I was in bad pain, and they told me it should subside in a few days. I was told I had a bad gums, and needed gingivitis treatments. They tried to get me to purchase a toothbrush for 132.00! There are so many more things I could add but time doesn't permit.

I went back to my prior dentist, and they said the tooth that was repaired had a fracture in it and should not have been filled; it needed a crown. Also, another tooth was deeply filled and needed a root canal, which I have since had done. So now I'm facing an extraction tomorrow, from the broken tooth, and owe over $2200.00 in dental fees, plus another 230.00 for the extraction. Mind you, I had NO pain when I originally went in, in April. And since I had dental work with them, I've been in constant pain for 3 months! I do not recommend Aspen to anyone.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I've been fortunate enough for most of my life to have healthy teeth. I have never had a cavity or any other major issues. But recently I did get a cavity. I could see a small one, so based on their "affordable" advertisements, I went in to get it filled. My story is very similar to many others I've been reading here. I get many xrays, then the hygienist comes in and does this assessment on my Gums. My Gums are pretty healthy. I floss and take care of them. No soreness, redness and no bleeding. She tells me that I have bad gum disease and will need a deep cleaning that will take a while, but they can get started today. Then the dentist comes in. She tells me that I have one tooth that will need to be pulled and an implant put in. The tooth with the cavity. Well I should think about maybe having a root canal!!!

I'm looking at the xrays, and it's not close to the root. It's like they put this stuff out there and then I wind up looking at them like What??? And then they backtrack and say, “Oh well maybe we can wait on the implant and tooth extraction... And the cavity isn't touching the root right now... But you need the deep gum cleaning.” Then I get taken to this room and handed a piece of paper telling me I need almost 2500.00 worth of work done to my mouth. And most of that is for the very infected Gums. I knew that wasn't right. I told her that I just wanted the cavity filled. The price I had been quoted on the phone just for the filling alone had somehow doubled also. I was told that I could not have my cavity filled without having the very costly deep cleaning which was almost 1500.00 alone, but I could take out a loan to do that.

I knew it was a scam. I could feel it. These people do this all day long, to everyone they possibly can. Some fall for it, and some don't. They acted very irritated when I questioned them. I'll be looking elsewhere for an honest dentist. Please don't go here!!! Trust your instincts! If you haven't had any pain or symptoms at all, and you go in for a simple cleaning or filling and are being told you need thousands of dollars of dental work done for issues you didn’t even know you had... Please leave that office. Get a second opinion. SCAM!!!

Original review: July 16, 2018

I have excellent teeth in great condition. No issues I was aware of. I requested a cleaning only, and of course they immediately demand a full x-ray which I did not want. Then they sat me down to review how much it would cost just to clean my teeth. In the itemized list was an electric toothbrush for $110.00 that was identical to the one I already have. That toothbrush was $35 through Amazon a year ago!

I felt insulted and wondered how many times they successfully rip people off because of added items not requested or even needed. There were other questionable items in the list and I should have walked out straight away but didn't because I thought how bad could it get if I pay attention? Well, they had me come back three times. Each time the amount was higher. When I left their office I asked the office manager to tell me if I was completely paid up, no more surprises, and she said all paid!

Three months later I am receiving bills from them for more money. Based on 30 years of me going to a dentist every six months, I feel that I paid too much already. I feel they created charges to get money from me they didn't need to, and that they overcharged for what I asked for. I feel they are not trustworthy and I would not recommend anyone use these places. Aspen Dental hides costs.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I went for a toothache and ended up having $2100 of work done. The temporary partial they made me hurts and is sitting on bone. This is for my lower molars they pulled out. They have done 5 adjustments and my former dentist did another adjustment but I can't wear them unless I have the bone shaved off which Aspen Dental wants me to pay for plus permanent partials in September. I asked them to either give me a credit for the partials I can't wear towards the bone surgery or the permanent partials and they told me no. So I am paying close to a $1000 for something I cannot wear.

I have lost 28 lbs since April 2018 because I can't eat anything that isn't soft. No meat, nuts, chips, vegetables, fruits, etc. I live on mashed potatoes, pudding, soup, ice cream, etc as I have no molars left in by lower jaw. I believe Aspen Dental is only concerned about how much money they can make off of a person and every time you go see them they come up with something else you need done. I was even told by my former dentist that they pulled 2 teeth that didn't need to be pulled. I truly think that they should be put out of business because they prey on those who either don't have insurance, the elderly or those who come for one treatment and they tell them they need a bunch of other things done. I would highly recommend NO one ever go to them.

Original review: July 8, 2018

My husband and I went to Aspen to get our teeth cleaned because we had moved, we were moving again (full time RVers) and we were in a hurry. We both got gum treatments with antibiotics. We have always gone to the dentist regularly. We left with a $5000 + which we put on CareCredit. In retrospect, we not sure we needed the treatment. They did take off the charges for new toothbrushes we did not need and FOR TWO FUTURE VISITS, when we complained, they did take extra the charges off, but it took several calls. At first, they said the credit to our charge account would take several months. After more calls, they took care of it more promptly. Very difficult to deal with and sneaky. We did not discuss new toothbrushes because even the hygienist agreed that the rechargeable toothbrushes we had were fine. Extremely overpriced.

Original review: July 7, 2018

My husband and I will never ever be back at Rome location -- this is an awful dentist office and everyone has told us that they are a rip off and now we were made believers today. I was asked to come in today when I complained about my service. I can see only one star. Now I know why -- they got our 2,600.00 Dollars and my husband paid it off ahead of time -- I was never told about 400.00 dollars dentures, that we went to check on to start with, that was offered on TV. Anyway -- I went and asked for my teeth after no one came back and Larry and I left and told them that neither one of us would be back again and out the back door we left. I'm really determined to contact 46 News in Atlanta and let them handle this for us. Really I need to talk to someone important. We have had to pay on things that was unreal and us with insurance.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Not at all happy about the experience I encountered today at this place. When I originally called, I informed them that I would need an appoint. for a cleaning & that I would be a new patient. I also told them that my daughter was probably going to be a new patient as well but she had just had a cleaning somewhere else before the new year. I had changed insurance plans & didn't realize how limited I was going to be with options. They told me that I needed an appointment for a consultation, they would then decide on a treatment plan and schedule an appointment based on that outcome. That seemed very odd as no other dentist in my lifetime had ever handled a cleaning appointment in that fashion.

My gut told me this was going to be a waste of time. Upon arrival, we were asked to fill out paperwork, provide my insurance card as well as our SS#. I told her that she wasn't getting my SS# because that's for tax purposes not doctor appointments. She was not happy with that response & had somewhat of a rude about it. Very shortly after completing the paperwork, we were brought in for x-rays. That was quick & the woman was very nice. Loved her. When x-rays were done she brought us to the exam room. Our appointment was for 3 pm. Nobody else came to see us until I went out into the hallway at 4:30 and asked if someone had forgotten us.

Minutes later they finally came in. They looked at my daughter for all of five minutes and only pointed out a broken seal. They took a bit more time with me because they wanted to do a periodontal review that of which was done extremely fast unlike my other dentist who was meticulous. I also went over that I have a chemical sensitivity which doesn't only pertain to chemicals specifically. The list is much broader but it's always much easier for people to grasp when explained that way. We did not want fluoride treatment. Got asked why not. etc. When the woman who came in to actually take the periodontal measurements, she began to explain what she was going to do.

I simply let her know that I understood and knew what she was going to do because I have had it done before. She walked behind my head and my daughter said she gave a look of WTF to the other woman in the room. I saw my daughter's face when this happened so I knew something was up. THEN, another guy comes in and walks us to another room to review the "treatment plan" and costs involved. I felt like I was being escorted around to buy a car. My daughter's plan was a teeth cleaning and a sealant replacement. I had to remind them that she had already had a cleaning. They removed that charge and we were left with $20 for a sealant replacement.

My charges, however, were much higher. They threw in electric toothbrush, $50 prescription toothpaste, $50 Cancer screening, full periodontal cleaning & maintenance charges. Hundreds of dollars and full of unnecessary items. That was outside of what my insurance was covering. I told him what he was going to remove and his reply was that he was going to go get the hygienist to get "permission" to remove the items I was questioning. So, she comes back into the room to now tell me why they need to stay. I reminded her that I have a chemical sensitivity never mind that I'm not paying $50 for a small tube of toothpaste. She wanted to see the list of things that I could not come in contact with due to my chemical sensitivity because they needed to have that on file. As if this was a debate.

The guy wanted to write them all down. I told them they would be here a while & after I showed them the list, he said "no, I'm not writing all of that". They finally agreed to remove the items off of the "plan". The only appointments that they had were for August. I said to him, "there seemed to be a sense of urgency for me to have this treatment but yet we are scheduling this for August", and that just didn't make sense to me. They definitely did not like me questioning everything. I can absolutely see how someone who doesn't do that gets robbed. Mind you, I typically get a cleaning every year and I floss every day sometimes several times a day. I'm meticulous about my mouth cleaning. My other dentist never had any issues and at one visit did not understand why I come because my teeth are so clean.

So, for this dentist to tell me I need all of this deep cleaning and then follow up appointments every 3 months seems to be a radical difference than what others have told me. I called my insurance company to alert them of my experience because they were ultimately going to pay in some part of this inflated bill they were presenting me with. The only other place that would be in network was the same franchise type establishment. I have to call to cancel in the morning because I would much rather pay out of pocket and go see someone trustworthy at my expense than to see a facility like this. I've learned my lesson and next enrollment I will be upgrading my insurance plan.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Both my husband and I got dentures thru Aspen Dental, mine went pretty well but hubby had a really bad time, lots of bone fragments left and caused a lot of pain and his dentures have never fit well. Both of us have experienced teeth falling out on numerous occasions and his bottom denture broke in half. When trying to get appointments to repair the loose teeth they make you wait days saying no one is available or too busy. I've resorted in repairing them myself because I work with the public and refuse to talk to people with missing teeth.

Original review: June 25, 2018

If I could give NO stars, I would. Went for a root canal, and wound up with Dr. K. ** doing a butcher job of an extraction that took an hour and a half - pure torture. On top of that, she left the root and piece of tooth, AND hit a nerve, causing numbness in my upper lip and part of my nose. I was told to come back, and given a 4:00 appt. I waited until 5:30 to see the dentist, he took an x-ray and confirmed the problem, but said he didn't have time to fix it, and I would have to come back the next day! Are you kidding me?

I went to another dentist for a root canal, was told she had caused extensive bone loss, and I will have to have surgery to replace it. Aspen won’t even reimburse the cost of the root canal, never mind take responsibility for the damages! This is the WORST place I've ever been to. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention the dried blood stains on the floor, and the disgusting TV monitor covered with spray. Yuck! Just avoid at all costs!

Original review: June 24, 2018

We will start here, they were very good at getting you financed. Then it all started, went in to have several teeth pulled for a denture. The Dr. after sticking me like 20 times with the **, then standing around for an hour, finally decides to start pulling teeth. Well he got half way thru the first tooth, put his arms up in the air and said, “Well it's 6 o’clock, time to go home.” Sends me out on a Friday with a half pulled tooth and says, “Well we will have to get the dental surgeon to remove the teeth.” Well after a battle they finally agreed to pay it and me suffering for a few days with a half broken tooth.

4 years later the upper denture still doesn’t fit right, and when I go for an adjustment, they treat me like crap because I called and complained to the consumer department. They tell you comfy fit, my ** feel like I have someone heel in my mouth. Can’t wait to get home every day to take them out. They tell you if you’re not happy they will replace them at no charge, another lie. I’ve tried three different places and they treat me the same. They must of red flagged me because I complained to their main office. The last time I went first thing Dr. did was to start poking at my other teeth, and says to me why do I have a temporary filling in a tooth. I said, “Why don’t you tell me. Your office put it in couple years before,” she shut right up and moved on.

So back to the denture, the temporary one they give you was pathetic. Looks like they used the same size teeth on the whole thing. No center. The teeth were right in the middle. Swear they gave me one they made for someone else. All they did was keep packing the inside with pink goo to make them fit. Aspen Dental is a bad place. They rip you off. They lie about all the benefits you get from doing business with them. I would rather have a farmer work on my teeth. They still have never made good on any of their promises. Good luck, they should be closed down.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Aspen Dental Springfield MO, Kansas PKWY location - Here’s the story... The other day the dentist told me I had gingivitis without even looking in my mouth and wanted to give me an $800 treatment. I said, "No. I just want a reg cleaning." Today the hygienist insisted I have gingivitis. I told her point blank that I don’t. She was rough with the floss like she was trying to make my gums bleed. When I complained about it hurting she said that was because my gums are tender. But my gums are fine. They scam people into expensive treatments. I looked up gingivitis and I have no symptoms. I’m nobody’s fool I will NEVER go back there.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I have a long time fear of the dentist. My husband had a bad experience with a different location. However the new Leesburg Florida location at 10430 US Hwy 441, is Great!!! From my first phone call to my visit today, I have been treated better than family. I went in with a broken tooth and 20 years of neglect. They were gentle and thorough making sure to answer all my question providing all info up front and given the option of what to proceed with. Yes it cost and yes they deserve it. I would tell the world about this wonderful location. Services provided 2 teeth surgeries, two bridges, 4 cavities, 1 root canal and crown. All completed within a week except for the final bridges you must heal for proper fit.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Aspen Dental wanted to do a procedure that would cost me $3,000. I went to get another opinion at a different dentist. They said that procedure was not needed and all I need is a good cleaning. I saved $2,800 by not going to Aspen! They rip you off and try to do unnecessary work! Don’t go there!

Original review: June 19, 2018

When I first went to Aspen I had a tooth that was bothering, the dentist said I needed a crown but no root canal. Okay sounded about right, then I was told I needed some type of deep cleaning that insurance didn't cover and that would have to be done before they would do my crown, so they asked for $969 before they would do anything. Then on the next visit they asked for $200 more, then today I go and they need $400+ more and I have had done is a deep clean, I haven't even been fitted or whatever for my crown or even gotten the temp. crown but they want $1600 before ummm I get my crown...

The lady kept saying 60% blah blah blah and she doesn't know why it hasn't been collected, blah, blah, blah... And they have already sent $1100 through my insurance. Yep so far I have paid $1100 and my insurance has paid $1100 and I have had my teeth cleaned... Never again. I told them where to go and I will be getting my crown at a dentist that is honest and not trying to be the "used car dealership" of dentist... And oh a $135 toothbrush... wtf. Do not go there.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I’m on my third week of not having my new dentures. I was told that they would be ready when I got my teeth pulled. When I got them I had the biggest buck teeth and they hurt so bad I could not put them in. I’ve already been charged for them. Got a bill for them and I don’t even have my teeth yet. I think you better fix it because I’m not paying the credit card payment that you set me up with until I have my dentures. I’m not paying for something I don’t have. Whoever made this set of dentures has no business making dentures. My teeth never looked like this. It’s hideous and embarrassing and downright ugly. About the most expensive set you have and this is what I ended up with.

So I’m going around with no teeth when I was promised them on the day I got my teeth pulled. I have spent a fortune on gas for unnecessary trips that I’ve had to make back out there which is a three hour round-trip. I believe I should be compensated for my gas and my time for making all the extra trips to Farmington from Cape Girardeau Missouri for their screwup. Why did you charge him to the card before I ever got them done. I don’t understand that. I was also put in April billing cycle when I didn’t even come there till the end of May. I’m one very very unhappy pissed off patient.

I’m going to my attorney and see what can be done about this. This is humiliating running around with no teeth. I can’t talk with these buck teeth and spit comes out my mouth when I do try to talk. They should’ve never happened. I should’ve got my dentures when I was told I would and I should’ve never been charge for them until after I had them. Something needs to be done. I want to be compensated for all my gas money and my dime for coming up there making unnecessary trips.

Aspen Dental expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Aspen Dental practices are individually owned and operated but share a commitment to similar values, like compassion and respect, and receive business support from Aspen Dental Management, Inc. There are almost 550 Aspen Dental practices across the United States serving over 3.7 million patients a year.

• Options: Aspen Dental offer four styles of full dentures and three styles of partial dentures, so patients can find a denture product that meets their needs and budget. They also offer single tooth implant and implant-supported dentures.

• On-site denture lab: All Aspen Dental locations have an on-site dental lab. This allows patients to get their dentures, implants, crowns and bridges as fast as possible.

• Guarantee: Aspen Dental offers a money-back guarantee on all dentures, both full and partial sets. If patients are unhappy, they have three months to return the dentures and request a full refund.

• General dentistry: Aspen Dental practices offer a wide array of dental services in addition to dentures and implants. Those looking for a dentist to meet all their oral health needs will appreciate this variety of services.

• Costs and discounts: Interested consumers can visit the website for their local Aspen Dental location to see a list of fees for all available services. They can also find available deals and special pricing offers listed on the website.

• Best for: consumers who want a single dentist for all their needs and those who need service quickly.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Aspen Dental Company Information

www.aspendental.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business