1.18/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 24, 2018

671 Aspen Dental Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 24, 2018

My experience with Aspen was incredibly eye opening as to how quickly people can change on you once they receive what they want. I haven't been to a dentist for a LONG time, and I needed to be seen for a chipped tooth, (which incidentally is STILL not fixed). Aspen made me feel very comfortable, and sucked me into the tune of 6200.00 to get my teeth fixed and back on track. I was VERY excited about this. I felt like I was back on track again to oral health. Well, everything went fine until I needed my bottom partials adjusted... Then hell's gate opened up. I have NEVER dealt with more rude and obnoxious people in all my life!! They have made me so upset, that my husband took over talking with them and trying to resolve things, and in his 25 plus years of dealing with the public in car sales even HE threw in the towel with them.

There is NO reasoning or dealing with these people, ABSOLUTELY NONE!! The ONLY decent people in the Owatonna office were KT, Nikki and Brittany. The rest of them were a joke and an embarrassment to the dental profession, and to customer service. I'm still trying to find a dentist to fill my tooth, and I would NEVER recommend Aspen to ANYONE... Not even my WORST enemy!!

Original review: April 23, 2018

I went to Aspen Dental to have one tooth removed, it turned out they manipulated me through my vulnerability to get all remain 16 teeth out. They promised me a low payment of $128.00 18 month no interest, they lied and I got a minimum of $171.00 and a 14.99 APR for a 48 month loan!!! I was not told it was a 48 month loan. All the papers were filled out by a office manager of Aspen Dental. I asked many time you sure my payment will be $128.00 because I am on disability and can't pay more and He reassured me.

Well now after many months and much more clarity, how could Aspen Dental fill out application for a credit card when they're the ones financially benefiting (conflict of interest). So I find an article on CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau) website, that says titled "Consumer bureau hits medical financing company CareCredit with $34.1 million Action" Dated Dec. 10, 2013. In the article it clearly says "CareCredit must create new disclosures with detailed description of deferred-interest product and give consumers advance notice of expiration of the promotion period. Patients must also be enrolled directly through A CareCredit representative, not through the office staff of a doctor or dentist, for transactions over $1,000." My debt was over $6,000.

As I see it they broke that agreement. So I had to return my temp. teeth and cancel my permanent teeth to bring down my amount to under $3,000 assuming that my minimum payment would be more affordable, NOPE they said my contract with them is minimum payment $171.00 and if I want promotional to change that only Aspen Dental can do that, only the dentist office can change my credit card payment!!!! How fraudulent is that!!!! So now I have NO teeth and am quickly going into massive debt because two companies are working together to defraud people who are vulnerable! I disputed by Aspen Dental lied that I agreed to a resolution. So what now?

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 20, 2018

I unfortunately went to Aspen Dental for my dentures in August of 2016. I was told my balance after insurance would be $3484.00, and got a loan for that amount. In July 2017, after having nothing but problems with my ill fitting dentures, I was told that mini implants (surgically implants posts) were the only way to stabilize my lower plate. I met with Amber about the cost, telling her I most likely cannot have this done because it would be too expensive and she said 'good news! Your insurance started over in January and they will pay $2400.00! Give me a hug, I'm sooo happy for you!' She went on and on about how her mom got these mini implants and what a difference they had made blah blah blah. I called my Credit Union and since I had paid quite a bit of my original amount already they agreed to lend me the $1346.00 I needed for the procedure.

I had it done and in December. I started getting past due bills for the $2300.00!!! I called and talked with Amber and told her I would have NEVER had this done if I thought for a second that insurance wouldn't pay! She said she'd make some calls and get back to me. Never happened! Then the bs began! I kept getting invoices and phone calls saying I still owed $2400! I finally went to the Aspen office and talked with Val and she called MetLife AND Aspen headquarters. MetLife said they refused it because of 'frequency'... She tried over and over to explain that I had never had this done previously. Aspen Dental headquarters said 'they were handling it', that they were already aware of this and they were litigating with MetLife. She told me not to worry about this and she would call and have them to stop sending invoices and that she would get back to me. NEVER HAPPENED!

When I got back from visiting my daughter in April, I had a letter from a collection agency!!! Now this pitiful company has ruined my credit!!! I now have to talk to a lawyer to see if I there is any legal action against them. I decided to use Google to see if there were any other unhappy customers and discovered there were indeed! Hundreds in fact! I just can't pay them any more than I'm already paying on my loan and I feel this is their fault not mine!!!

Original review: April 19, 2018

My 72 year old mother went to Aspen for routine work and they told her she needed partial bottom dentures. They quoted her about $1000. She agreed then after they removed her teeth and she had no choice, the price went up to $2000. She got a loan, paid them the extra $1000 and then they said they needed her to buy them a $700 tool so they could finish the dentures. They have a money back guarantee so she asked for her money back, they refused. She sent certified letters to their corporate office but they never responded. She's been without any teeth on the bottom of her mouth and has been completely unable to chew for two years now. To make matters worse, a 2nd dentist told her that there was no reason to have her teeth removed. It's disgraceful that things like this can happen in America.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I've had the worst experience with Aspen dental, went to get a root canal. And was told I needed a special 1,000 dollar cleaning afterwards before they would work on my cavities. I told them I'd rather have my cavities fixed, but they kept refusing because it would "pop the fillings out". I decided I wanted a second opinion, went to a new place and they told me it was a bunch of bull that the fillings would not fall out. They also offer the same cleaning Aspen wanted me to do for $160, they also said I do have some build up but that I do not need a special cleaning, a normal one would do. They were super pushy (not all of them, some of them were nice), and I regret going to them. However, they do have skilled dentists there. The root canal I had went well except for extra glue they had to get out from between my teeth. Won't be going back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspen Dental?

Original review: April 18, 2018

I have had my comfy lite denture top plate for 6 months. I'm no longer happy with them. They are loose, they make my upper jaw ache, I have a tooth that is pretty much sideways on the denture. They had me sign a paper stating I was happy when they showed me the wax denture but they are not the same. The teeth are not comfy to chew with. They don't match bottom of real teeth. I paid for the worst Denture ever!!!

Original review: April 17, 2018

I went to Aspen (Selinsgrove PA) as a new patient for a routine check-up. Although Aspen said online they accept my insurance, once I got there they informed me nothing would be covered but encouraged me to stay for the free exam and x-rays. After having panoramic x-rays taken, which lasted a long uncomfortable 20 mins, I was sent into an exam room where 4 different people had their hands in my mouth. I'm used to the hygienist and dentist poking around so to have several people looking but not explaining why, started the anxiety. It was very impersonal. After being there over an hour and a half, I was sent to a desk and given a quote by yet another stranger. Over $1500 for 5 fillings and a cleaning. They told me I had periodontal disease that was so severe, I needed to schedule the appointment right away. Made me feel stressed at my 'lack of oral hygiene.'

Thank God I got a second opinion. Turns out, I DO NOT have ANY cavities, my gum line is in normal limits, no periodontal disease. I will never be returning to Aspen. They remind me of a shady garage that tells you your car needs a lot of expensive work when in reality, simple maintenance is all that is truly needed. My clean teeth and full wallet are going to a reliable, trustworthy dentist from now on.

Original review: April 15, 2018

A few months ago I went to Aspen Dental (Glens Falls NY) to have a broken tooth and cavity looked at... Upon my first visit I was told I had to have extensive work done and I may have periodontal disease. I did not have insurance so I had to apply for a loan to get the work they said I needed done. My second visit was for a deep cleaning which took about 15 minutes on one half my mouth then they rescheduled for the other half. I had an appointment for a certain time and Aspen Dental tried to reschedule me to come in earlier. I couldn't come in earlier I told them. So on the day of my 2nd Visit I arrived and was immediately take to the room and placed in the chair.

When the person responsible for the deep cleaning came in she was very upset that I couldn't come in earlier and proceed to rip my mouth apart... It was the most painful experience I've ever had. She flew through the procedure and rushed me out the door... When I got to my car I looked in the mirror and could not believe the blood running down my neck and the next 3 days were very painful. I had another appointment to have 4 extractions done they said I needed. I told them I only wanted the 3 teeth that were loose extracted and the other I wanted to keep. I went in and they pulled the tooth I told them not to pull and the other 3. They said it was in bad shape and it needed to go. That tooth had NO issue, no cavities and was not loose at all. So I assumed they were looking out for my dental health. That visit was around 15 minutes!

The last visit they were going to fix my broken tooth and fill my cavity that I originally came in for. This visit was the worst out of all my visits. I went into the office and was rushed to the chair. My appointment was at 4:30 and they closed at 5. Then they proceeded to get me ready for the work. I was tilted upside down which I thought was strange, then the dentist came in and he spoke VERY broken English. He began to drill in my mouth while upside down and the water was choking me and making me gag many times. The dentist go very upset and started yelling at me and I couldn't understand what he was saying so the dentist assistant had to tell me what he was saying.

After springing up out of the chair a few time to keep from drowning he finished filling and the assistant had the curing light in my mouth and moving the chair to the upright position the machine beeped and they said I was done and shoved me out of the chair. I then received a $1300 dollar bill for the first work I had done and an additional $859 for my last visit. The 1309 that was put on the loan I got. When I reviewed the statement I was charged for work that wasn't done and overcharged for everything. A total time of all work done was no more than 1 hour in the chair. Be warned... This is the biggest rip off out there. I will never go back and still have many problems and pain from the work that they did.

Original review: April 14, 2018

My private dentist of 20 years recently retired, so I decided to give Aspen a shot as a new dentist. Everything with my teeth is current, last checkup/cleaning/x-rays 4 months ago. I religiously visit my dentist every 6 months. I went to Aspen in Latham NY. They kept me in the waiting room for an hour and a half. In that time,not last then 5 patients came in with major complaints and left. After THEM being an hour and a half late (no apologies), I was taken for x-rays performed by some amateur hour kid. Never had pain getting x-rays before.

Escorted to another room, waited 40 more minutes for the hygienist who spent maybe 2 minutes on me. Another 30 minutes finally the dentist who spent maybe 1 minute. Keep in mind my teeth are perfectly fine, I just need a new dentist. Was brought to be billed out and get this - they say I need over 10 thousand dollars of work! A bunch of caps, crowns, extractions, a $450 cleaning, and this is OUT OF POCKET, after insurance! After LAUGHING in the receptionists face, I walked out. THANKS FOR WASTING MY TIME YOU SCAM ARTISTS!!!

Original review: April 5, 2018

Yesterday I was very disappointed in Aspen Dental in Kennewick... Today I got the results I was searching for. A new manager is in the Kennewick office now and he has straightened out the problem I've had with them. I would recommend them very highly if you need dental work because Derek is there to help. Thank you, Derek for getting me the results I needed. I appreciate what you did for me with the problem I had.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I went into Aspen Dental Saratoga Springs, NY with hopes of finally getting my teeth fix. I put them off for so many years. I was ready for a change. When I first walked in they were very nice but that seems to be a show. I went in for a full top denture and partials on bottom. Before the second visit I was being called every day to verify the appointment. Also daily emails saying I had to verify my appointment. Also daily text with the same thing. I had to verify the appointment... After 2 weeks I was already done with these people. When does harassment come into play? I told them twice," I work at night and they did not need to phone myself daily. I need to sleep. Second visit was just painful. I had 11 teeth extracted took 3 and half hours. Mind you the dentist thru this time left the room four times to see other people. Also he had not put enough numbing shots when he started. So the first tooth he tried for sent me thru the roof in pain.

He goes on to tell me it’s pressure not pain. I am fully covered in tattoos and done some other things to know the difference between pain and pressure I told him. After the teeth extraction he gave myself my fill indenture... They were hitting my bottom fangs and it was hurting and not feeling right. There was also points jabbing into the roof of my mouth they need to take care of. Dentist told me, "I will fix them next time.” I told them that was crap and they did not fit right, but again no fix. The third visit went horrible. I was told I had to pay 523 for the cleaning that had to be done. I have 5 teeth left and I did not feel 523 dollars was right and first of all they still need to fix the dentures they just put in. After arguing with them I paid everything in full and then they took myself back (I already spent 1250 before the 523 up to this point and not happy) to the chair. This lady helped me with my dentures which was calming, but then was told to wait.

A hour and a half I sat in the chair waiting. Finally I get up and start walking around the office looking to see what’s going on. There was only one dentist there working on someone else. Mind you I’m just freely walking around the dentist office. Finally a lady asked what I was doing. I told her I’m looking for my 2 o'clock dentist. The lady informed myself that I would have another hour to wait till she’s done (it was 330). Did they seem to miss the times after calling me daily, or the daily emails or the text I received from them. That my appointment was at 2. I should not have to pay so much so a dentist can be late. Where else other than health care. Do you make an appointment and they are always late. Not by 5 or 10 mins but hours. I would get charged if I was late. And late in hours... So after all this, I just walked out. I call another Aspen Dental and ask to change dentist because of the trouble I’m having.

The other Aspen Dental goes on to tell me that they would not cover any work that was done in another Aspen dental??? HUH??? I asked, “Are you joking me...” I told her I was paid (1750) in full and having all these troubles and I can’t find a better dentist in your company. She said, “Nope. It’s our policy not to cover other dentist work even if they are a Aspen Dental company...” THAT SHOULD SEND A RED FLAG UP. I did not know this or I would of never step foot in the place. I had also asked for a full payment history for my own records. They told me I was not able to receive any of my records of payments because it’s not their policy to release the dental records or payments... MAN DID I SCREW UP choosing this place.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I recently had an appointment with Aspen Dental. I was having a dental emergency. My teeth were actually cutting into my gums. The staff was nice. I was told I wouldn't be charged for the visit because I was a new patient. I just received a bill for the visit. I was told I had to get about 10 thousand dollars worth of work done. They ran my credit. I was denied. I couldn't get financing because of my credit. I tried a few co-signers. No wasn't able to. I tried to see if I could do anything more to get approved. I ended up getting really sick and sent to the ER. The ER referred me to Westchester Medical. I went they to them.

They wanted a copy of my X-rays from Aspen. When I called the lady told me that it would take two weeks to send. Um no. They have electronic medical records therefore having me send a copy of my HIPAA release they could of put in the information and had them sent. I work in a medical office. I know that is doesn't take that long. So I had to pay to have X-rays done over. I ended up having three teeth pulled and I am now healing. I wasn't asking for anything for free. I know money is needed to keep business. I just felt like I'm sick and no one wants to help me. I did get the help I needed. Thank you for discouraging me.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Staff cool and distant, attitude worse with every visit. Lack of experience with dentures within this office. (general dentistry fair). Multi follow up visits to complain about the "fitting" of the dentures. Not able to swallow liquids. Biting inner check. Loose dentures. Bulldog like smile then lopsided smile. Sore gums etc. 5,200 $. 6 months later. I have headaches, nosebleeds and NO wearable dentures.

Original review: April 1, 2018

I had all of my teeth but a few on the bottom pulled and was given temporary dentures. Before my appointment, I was told they had done all of the paperwork on their end and that when I paid my monies that day, there would be NO additional charge, however I got a bill in the mail for over $1,000 and my insurance company said Aspen didn't do a pre-authorization. They have refused to do any post-operative work on my temporary dentures, and these dentures are cutting into my mouth, and they're way too big, Aspen told me that unless I bring them the balance owed, they won't see me. I want to invoke my right to have my monies returned. This is so ridiculous!

Original review: March 30, 2018

Arrived 15 minutes before my appointment. Waited 1 hour before getting into an exam room, once there waited another 45 minutes before exam started. When finished and talking with the office manager was going through insurance and expense became somewhat upset when I wouldn't sign the acknowledgment and consent to treat. Would not recommend to anyone.

Original review: March 30, 2018

My Husband and I both had appointments the same day. He needed a filling fixed, talk about a partial and a cleaning, I as well needed the same. Our Dentist retired a couple months before so we both had regular cleaning and dental work done as needed. They took us back and did x-rays and exams and said they needed us to go into a room and talk with a financial specialist. We said, "Ok. Are we going to get our teeth cleaned and or a filling fixed." The girl said we needed to talk with a financial specialist first.

When we got in there she presented us with separate bills mine for 1700+ hundred. My husband's for over 2000. We ask for what, they said, "Because you both need deep cleaning and you both have infections under your gums, a cancer screening, electric toothbrush and on and on". We were like, "No we just need to have the stuff done we asked for." They refused unless we agreed to follow their recommendations. All of this and 3 hrs later, My Husband and I walked out feeling like we robbed. I will never return and I will definitely will never recommend them. I still don’t know what they billed my insurance for, guess I will find out later.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I needed to have two teeth extracted. After calling Aspen's office I was told it would be 150 dollars a tooth. I had the teeth removed, the girls that worked in their office presented me with a bill for 800.00 dollars. When I questioned the bill they lied, they denied that I was ever told that. They wanted to know who told me that. When you call a professional office you don't expect you will be lied to. They also gave me a prescription for an antibiotic. I knew I would be in pain later. I ask for a small number of pain medication. Again they lied to me, telling me that the pain medicine was in the antibiotic. I knew they were lying. I have told and will tell every person I ever meet what a rip off this company is.

Original review: March 29, 2018

My 21 year old daughter has juvenile periodontal disease. She attends college in Savannah, GA & comes home twice a year to New Orleans. Twice a year she sees her periodontist in New Orleans who has won multiple awards for being an outstanding dentist. My daughter told Aspen Clinic she has periodontal disease and just wanted a general cleaning. She came in and only received a consultation which was a waste of time.

They billed her for a general cleaning which was never done. She was told to come back. They filled her cavity but refused to do a general cleaning saying she needed a deep cleaning under the gums which is very painful & expensive. She did not need a deep cleaning as she had one by her periodontist 3 months earlier. Thus, she had to pay for a taxi for 2 visits & was billed for a cleaning she didn't have. In addition, the dentist, Dr. Jenifer ** is not a periodontist which is needed for a deep cleaning. I would NEVER recommend this clinic!

Original review: March 29, 2018

I am very frustrated and irritated by our first, last and only visit with Aspen Dental. To start, I lost my job and my dental insurance expires on March 31. I called 2 weeks ago and scheduled cleanings for my husband and me. I specifically told Alan, the call center representative, I was scheduling cleanings. I have scheduled my appointment on 3/22 which was rescheduled due to staffing issues within Aspen’s office; however, my husband went to his appointment on the day he was scheduled. We had printed and completed our paperwork and had it completed when we went into the office; however, he arrived 15 minutes early. He waited for 45 minutes before he was called back. Once the x-rays and exam was done, he inquired about his cleaning but he was informed that he was only scheduled for x-rays and an exam. They were, though, able to get his cleaning done.

Secondly, I went for my appointment yesterday. Once again, I had printed and completed my paperwork and had sent it in with my husband when he went into the office the week before; however, I arrived 15 minutes early. I waited for 45 minutes before he was called back. Once the x-rays and exam was done, I inquired about my cleaning but was informed that he was only scheduled for x-rays and an exam. I informed them that I had scheduled a cleaning. The Dr. then told me that he was now off but the scheduler would be in to schedule my cleaning and a filling. I was instantly annoyed. I have never had to return to a dental office for separate x-rays and exam then days later returning for a cleaning. This is not acceptable.

How could this appointment been made better? When I schedule a cleaning, schedule me for a cleaning. Now, my dental insurance will expire before I can get my cleaning and filling done all because Aspen Dental wants to be able to bill TWO office visits rather than do it all in one visit. If the call center is going to schedule exams only then you must schedule a separate cleaning, they need to disclose that. Respect my time. My husband and I wasted 1.5 hours in your waiting room. This is intolerable. We feel completely disrespected. Schedule x-rays, exam and cleanings in one visit. I have to drive 30 minutes each way so if I have to come for 2 visits for what should be completed in one visit, that is 2 hours of wasted drive time, then multiply that by 2 (since my husband and I have to come separately) that is 4 hours of wasted time.

Additionally, I am unable to drive so to waste my driver’s time is insulting to them as well. Call center, really? I should be able speaking to a representative in the brick and mortar office. I should have known better than going with a corporate business. There is an overwhelming sense of business only and I fell like just another payment opportunity. Neither my husband nor I have any intention of returning to Aspen Dental. For start to finish, this entire charade has been offensive.

Original review: March 29, 2018

Dr. ** pulled my teeth and I did not even feel anything. Went back to get my dentures adjusted. Cassie took care of them. Dr. ** and Nicole helped. They were all friendly and good at their jobs. This place is really great at their jobs. It was a good experience.

Original review: March 27, 2018

We had a appointment for 8:45. The staff was rude. We got x-rays done after waiting forever. After the x-rays the lady told us to follow her to the room only to find out another dentist assistance done sat someone down in our chair. We had to go back out in the waiting room. Very rude staff. I even told them on the phone before we had our appointment we had a small child getting off the bus from school at 11 so we got early appointments to get back to Union SC. We came back with no work done. Only x-rays. So pathetic when we was there first but the one lady took someone back who had just walked in the door and pushed us to the side!!

Original review: March 27, 2018

Aspen Dental of Aiken, SC - The most pathetic office, services and customer is beyond the pits!!! I've tried to get my dentures that my insurance covers 100%. For over 6 weeks now they cannot seem to get it right in their system or call me back. They continually put me on hold for 30 minutes or more. They never call me back. They never resolve anything and they absolutely are the pits and rude as they can be in the office! They tried to charge me all kinds of prices for things that are covered 100% on my insurance. They talk to my insurance company about a half a dozen times and evidently can't get it straight in their system because they're idiots!!! Totally do NOT recommend this company at all!!!

Original review: March 25, 2018

In the Spring of 2016 I went to Aspen Dental in Wellington/Royal Palm, FL. I told them I was on Social Security Disability with a limited income but had money from my settlement to get much needed dental work. I told the dentist I wanted 2 crowns on my 2 top front teeth and my cavities taken care of. She INSISTED on putting 5 new crowns on my front teeth. First she drilled my natural teeth down to tiny, tiny stubs and put temporary crowns on. Every one of them fell off within a day or 2. When she put the permanent crowns on they didn't fit so she filed down my bottom teeth for a "better fit".

I then moved to PA and within a few months one of the front crowns fell off. Now less than 2 years later all 5 of the crowns cracked and pieces fell off inside exposing my natural teeth and causing severe pain. My bottom teeth that were filed are turning dark. I have been calling for the last 20 days pleading for help. I have been totally IGNORED! No one returns my calls and my emails go without reply. I spent a huge part of my SSD settlement on this dental work which they gladly took. Now I can't even get someone to call me back. What can I do? Does anyone have any help they can provide?

Original review: March 19, 2018

Prices are high and then you schedule your appointment and one day before a very rude lady call you to change everything and tell you, you have to drive 1 hour to a different office because the specialist can't go to your office. Then I schedule my next appointment in a different office because they didn't have the equipment in my closest office, drove 45 minutes and had to wait for an hour before someone had the courtesy of telling me they didn't have my records. Long story short a very unpleasant experience.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I went in to have one tooth pulled, I said to the assistant I really need them all pulled (16). I had bad teeth from an illness, next thing I know I am talking to their financial agent who is explaining credit card (CareCredit). I am on SSDI so I have limited income, he asked me what I could pay monthly. We agreed on $128.00 and he is that can be done, and that there is a promotional of 18 months interest free, so I have the opportunity to pay it off in full in those 18 months. If not I get the occurred interest plus balance... Stupid me thought wow that is great. I can handle that. I thought this was great. I can just get all my teeth at one and dentures. What a relief. So I get my first payment 128.00 plus $56.00 of interest!

I am scammed by Financial Agent at Highland Indiana Aspen dental. I would of never sign or agreed to anything like this if he didn't assure me of the cost!!! And now that I look back I believe I was so overwhelm with their aggression on getting me to get all this work. I truly believe I was taken advantage of but I have no way out because I have no teeth and they have my dentures and now I have to high a payment and owe money I can't pay... Thank you Aspen Dental! By the way the temporary denture kill my mouth. I hope in 5 months my permanent dentures are much better but I truly don't have any faith.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I had a tooth fall off my denture. Called the Temple, TX location and must have gotten a "call center". That person set me up with an appointment to fix my denture. I inquired if it would have to be sent out and he responded that all Aspen Dental centers have a Lab Tech on site. I asked the estimated price to "glue" the tooth back on and he said $89.00. Went to the 5:15 PM appointment and was told that they do a full set of x-rays and a dental exam for new patients. I asked why for a denture repair and was told "because it is policy".

After the x-rays and in the exam room I said that all I want is the denture fixed. The lady left and brought back the girl I spoke to up front who informed me that I said that I did not want an exam. She was right in that I saw no need to have an exam to have a denture repaired. She then said that I would have to return after 10 AM tomorrow. I expressed my disbelief in all of this and departed the location. I would not recommend Aspen Dental, Temple for anything much less dental service.

Original review: March 15, 2018

Aspen Dental in Niskayuna NY. is completely piero exams on all patients. They do me and my son with gingivitis. They refused to clean my teeth unless I paid $194 each for me and my son for a gingival cleaning vs a preventative cleaning. We have regular 6 months appointment and gingivitis was never discussed until today. My son is 19. I went for a second opinion and was told neither of us have gingivitis. The office is scamming people out of money by diagnosing patients with gingivitis and making them pay for a more expensive cleaning. I asked to opt out of the gingival cleaning and the Dentist said no and gave ultimatum to pay or no cleaning or go get second opinion. This office is committing fraud and has poor ethical standards forcing patients to pay for a service and not have legal option to sign a waiver.

Original review: March 14, 2018

The truth about Aspen Dental, It happened to me. First appointment, xrays and plan to fix my teeth and prices. "ALL YOUR TEETH ARE PULLED FOR FREE. YOU ONLY PAY AT THE TIME WE INSTALL YOUR DENTURES. TOTAL PRICE IS $2,082.00." Ok. Second appointment I sit down to have my teeth pulled, sign this, TOOTH extraction form, I write this on the form, "When are you going to fit me for my dentures?" Now big problem. The office manager comes in, she says, "You can't write this on this form. You are only here to have your teeth extracted." I say, "What about the plan to install dentures." She says, "There is no plan, we are only going to extract your teeth."

Since I now have NO PLAN then how much are they going to charge me for EXTRACTING MY TEETH THAT WERE BEING EXTRACTED FOR FREE UNDER THE PLAN THAT I RECEIVED ON MY FIRST VISIT? Do you see the problem? If I write down that I am suppose to get fitted for dentures then they can't charge me for pulling my teeth that is suppose to be free according to the plan, yes I have a copy of the plan. First they give you a plan with free teeth pulling and then when you come in to have your teeth pulled they say there is no plan. I think this is a scam. The only reason that this scam didn't work is because I wrote on their tooth extraction form "When am I being fitted for my dentures." I think Aspen Dental should be closed down. It happened to me and I am writing this here so that it doesn't happen to you.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Maxed out insurance benefits and my own wallet in a blink - Went to Aspen Dental in Clermont because it seems like a nice new office. I was forced to look for a new dentist because my own dentist retired in October. I am a person that religiously go to my twice a year dental cleaning, and I always take care of any dental issues right away. Had my first appointment with Aspen on the first week of March 2018. As soon as I get in there, they all seem to be nice, but in reality all they want is to empty your pockets and the insurance pocket. I was checked by the doctors, and then sent to a back financial room with a lady to discuss my financial options, like in a new car dealer after you like the car you want to buy.

Keep in mind that I don't really blame any employees for the wrongdoings to me, but unfortunately everybody at that office is trained to look after your money, and not look at what you really need. I have a very good dental history, and I was shocked when they told me I have gingivitis. I had a very special doctor that treated me for what I needed, and not for unnecessary things. They say my bone and my gums are dropping, and of course they would drop because I am almost 44 years old, and I don't have the gums of a 20 year old. They say I needed a deep cleaning with **, and my insurance didn't want to pay for that **, and I now know why. That stuff is just a bunch of Stuff that they put on me that was not needed.

Anyway. On the very first visit they maxed out my insurance benefits, and at the same time they charged me about 650 bucks that I need to pay from my pocket to the credit card they opened for me at their office. I asked when I walked in there for an insurance covered dental cleaning, and they refused to do the regular cleaning. They know that if they did the regular cleaning, and sent me home, they would not see my insurance and my own deep pockets. After they were done the so called periodontal gum cleaning, they called me back again to the financing desk to discuss my financials for the next periodontal cleaning that they scheduled for me for 4 weeks from now. That second call to the financing desk made me not want to see them again.

They didn't disclose to me that on top of the money they already charged me and my insurance on the first visit, I was supposed to keep paying hundreds of dollars for follow up visits. Next visit they had it scheduled with a charge for 169, and I had to stop them. I made my decision to not go back to that office right in front of the financing guy. No regular dental cleaning was done to me, I have the best teeth that my retired doctor kept beautiful for me, and I am now in a nonsense debt with the credit card company they opened for me, and the balance of almost 700 I have to pay them, and now my insurance benefits have been maxed out. It all happened in a matter of two visits, and I don't know what I would do if something happens to my teeth for the rest of the year now that my insurance benefits were immediately taken maxed out during my first visit.

Original review: March 13, 2018

To my surprise!!! As I walked into Aspen Dental which was to be my last appointment in my mind with them... I was overwhelmed with the Good mornings, on New smiling faces!!! Seems the old staff had been Completly replaced completely! (I had even tossed around calling local TV stations to help me with billing... And the Better Business office.) In the past they spoke when they needed to... And each visit, I was quoted new prices... I even paid my bill in full... back in 11/16 and just recently received a collection notice for three times the amount of the paid in full check! Which is NOW being investigated by the new staff! They even agreed something was wrong!

Each time I went... there was a rush to pull teeth... but not this time! Everything was different... Even my cleaning... Had more to it than ever before! I actually had a nice time (can you believe). Ohhh I still will check to see my insurance paid the full amount. And that I wasn't overcharged! Building trust takes time. I kept going to Aspen for the convenience... But I choose which procedures I had done. I will do a few check backs on billing... But I feel almost assured that this is the starts of a new office! It took me years to get back into a dental routine!!! My thoughts were to stay out of pain... and to keep them clean! I now use preventive measures... And will go regularly.

As I read this back I can't imagine why I have stayed so long with Aspen (Fear. Convenience," the known" I actually would rather give birth... Than to go to a dentist). I honestly don't know why I have stayed. But for the first time in my life this week... I actually left smiling. And hopefully... I will not need to call anyone for help! The investigation is ongoing finally! I would like to Thank the girls at Aspen Glastonbury CT for being there... For treating me with respect... And for the wonderful changes!!! I ask you to give the new wonderful people at Aspen one more chance... I don't think you will be sorry!

Aspen Dental expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Aspen Dental practices are individually owned and operated but share a commitment to similar values, like compassion and respect, and receive business support from Aspen Dental Management, Inc. There are almost 550 Aspen Dental practices across the United States serving over 3.7 million patients a year.

• Options: Aspen Dental offer four styles of full dentures and three styles of partial dentures, so patients can find a denture product that meets their needs and budget. They also offer single tooth implant and implant-supported dentures.

• On-site denture lab: All Aspen Dental locations have an on-site dental lab. This allows patients to get their dentures, implants, crowns and bridges as fast as possible.

• Guarantee: Aspen Dental offers a money-back guarantee on all dentures, both full and partial sets. If patients are unhappy, they have three months to return the dentures and request a full refund.

• General dentistry: Aspen Dental practices offer a wide array of dental services in addition to dentures and implants. Those looking for a dentist to meet all their oral health needs will appreciate this variety of services.

• Costs and discounts: Interested consumers can visit the website for their local Aspen Dental location to see a list of fees for all available services. They can also find available deals and special pricing offers listed on the website.

• Best for: consumers who want a single dentist for all their needs and those who need service quickly.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs