Stow, OH

Looking for a dental insurance plan

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Aspen Dental Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspen Dental?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspen Dental?

Original review: June 28, 2022

I had seven teeth extracted on a Saturday in February my remaining teeth. They had a practice denture that was put in right after the extractions, I went home and kept the dentures in only seven hours, I took it out because I could not stand the pain any longer. I called up Aspen Dental on Monday and told them I had changed my mind and was not going to get dentures. I would just do without any dentures and get along fine. I was told that I needed to come in and they would make adjustments to the dentures. I told them I was not going to get dentures and would not be coming in for adjustments. I wanted my money back under their policy of money back if not happy. WHAT A JOKE THAT IS.

They would not give me any money back. They said for me to have a chance at any money back I would have to go thru the painful process of getting the permanent set of dentures made come in for multiple adjustments and only then would I have a chance of getting my money back. No mention of having to get the permanent set of dentures was made before they pulled the teeth. I have talked to the owner in person once since then and he told me he would not give me my money back unless I went thru the permanent dentures process. I told him I would not go thru all the pain and suffering of doing that, He said too bad no money back.

I talked to the Aspen Dental Management company and tried to get somewhere with them. They talked to owner also and came back to me with the same story,, NO MONEY REFUND. The owner a Mr ** at the Florissant Office is St Louis MO has the right to decide about this problem. They will save all kind of money by not having to make up the permanent set of of dentures and not having to pay for multiple visits for who knows how many adjustments to the dentures in the future. I would not do any business with Aspen Dental as it seems all they want is your money. They do not care about people or they would not have treated me this way. BUYER BEWARE HERE.

Original review: June 27, 2022

This is my 4th week with the same aligner (they are meant to last 1 week) because Aspen Dental canceled their service with Invisalign after I had already paid the whole treatment. Nobody seems to be responsible for this, not Invisalign company nor Aspen Dental. They also charged me a lot of money for a deep cleaning treatment that I found out later it was not deep at all, just a regular cleaning that you can get at Groupon for $20.

Get buying tips about Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 27, 2022

I had the rest of my teeth removed in Haverhill Ma and had new dentures made. they never fit right went back 3 times and they just ground the dentures plated still didn't fit and they told me it was all they could do. Moved to New Hampshire and went to another Aspen Dental thinking it would be different but they told me I would have to get an x ray for 144 dollars. So I agreed but after the x rays were done they told me I would have to have surgery to remove a piece of bone to make the lowers fit at the cost of 2,000 dollars and I should have both uppers and lowers replaced. I have not used the dentures since they were made 7 years ago. Would not recommend Aspen to anyone.

Original review: June 24, 2022

These guys were the only ones close by and in-network. The first visit, which was supposed to be a simple cleaning, which would have been covered 100%, they used a fancy x-ray 3-D scanner and then trotted out a "periodontal plan" that would have me paying $280 every month/four months/6 months depending upon who was doing the talking. When I said that I just wanted the fully 100% covered cleaning they said they wouldn't do a cleaning unless I was enrolled in this very expensive periodontal plan. I had gone to my former dentist for years and he never said anything about my having periodontal issues. This place, like most of the healthcare now, is about sucking money out of people.

Original review: June 21, 2022

I went to Aspen Dental in New York State in 2017 and they totally destroyed my crowns that they put in. They didn’t put them in right and they are so far away from my gums I can stick my pinky in and they will not fix it. They said they gave me my money back but no Dentist will fix it without me paying for it because my insurance won’t pay for another Dentist mistake.

Original review: June 13, 2022

I used Aspen Dental in montgomery alabama for extractions and dentures, I purchased the Comfilytes - the best they make, after a year and a half my dentures still will not stay in while eating even with adhesive, they tell me that I just have to deal with it. I do not recommend aspen to anyone. I'm stuck with $2200 dentures that I can not use.

Original review: May 28, 2022

My husband needs to have dentures but he needed to have a tooth pulled due to an infection. So we went in and they wouldn’t pull it because of his high bp but they worked up a plan for dentures! We tried to tell them that the high bp was due to his pain but they didn’t even give him a antibiotic for the infection. I sat down with the high-pressure salesperson to go over the dentures plan and my heart sank. The quote was for 14,000 but our part would be 7,000 due to insurance. I knew we would never be able to get my husband what he needed. We left still in pain and shaking because of the price. I do not understand how they can continue to scam people. Long story short, I took him to see our GP to get an antibiotic for his tooth. We have since been educated on all things dentures and found that Aspen is literally robbing people!

Original review: May 17, 2022

Called Aspen Dental on Knox Avenue, North Augusta SC to gather information pertaining to whether or not my Insurance would be accepted and whether or not The Insurance would also be accepted as in Network or Out of Network. Was told I could call the Dentist and the lady was going to give me the number but I told her I was driving and asked if she could Email the number and she told me that she could not. I asked her if anyone there could tell me if my insurance would be accepted as in Network or out of the Network and she told me, I would have to be scheduled for an app first, then be seen, then Hash it out with my insurance. Really? I told the lady I was no longer interested and hung up.

They must be doing really well as a company and that is a good thing if they provide accurate information and not give folks the run around and provide very good care, and not tell folks to just go in blind and worry about the financial consequences with their respective insurance later. Man if they are doing that good, there are a lot of gullible folks out there if they were treated the way I was. Unbelievable.

Original review: May 12, 2022

If I fell outside Aspen Dental and knocked my teeth out, I would pick them up and go somewhere else. My husband went last Monday to their Uniontown Pa office for tooth pain on his left side of his mouth. He left with them deep cleaning the right side of his mouth and a bill for almost 900.00! They were also nice enough to schedule to deep clean the side with the tooth pain two weeks later for another 700.00. They make sure they cover the legal part in getting you to agree and sign up for these outrageously priced procedures. But they fail to meet the ethical and moral obligations of medical care providers to make sure you understand the procedure, are comfortable with it and address the issues you have. It’s like going to a used car lot to buy your first car.

After calling and speaking to the office manager and regional manager they told us their resolution for our unhappiness was to go ahead and cancel my Husband's next appointment. When I asked how they could feel good about charging someone 900.00 and not even addressing the tooth he came in for, the office manager stated they did address it by telling him if it keeps bothering him he could have it pulled and an implant put in for 4800.00. These people are not medical care providers, they are in the business of making money off of people in a time of discomfort and need. Again we dealt and spoke with Cindy **, the Uniontown office manager, And Gary ** who is the regional manager. Dr. Jennifer ** is the dentist/owner of the office and Cindy and Gary said they both spoke to her about our concerns.

Original review: May 6, 2022

This is the worst place you can imagine. Of course, everyone will smile for you once you're there. But all they are after is money. It is really ugly when dental service is all they care about is your money rather than your health. They tried to force me to do some unnecessary procedure that would cost $1,800. They even said they would not offer any treatment unless they did this unnecessary procedure. I said I will have to go to another provider and started to walk out of the door and then when they realized they would lose a CUSTOMER they said ok.

I had a crown there and sadly it fell off the next day in my sleep. I was lucky I didn't swallow it. I went there and asked for a fix or a refund and they REFUSED. I had to write their regional manager to approve a refund. Then after a couple of months, I checked my account and they fund was not there. Six months later and more than 30 emails I finally got my refund. I hate this place and advise you never to go there.

Aspen Dental author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Aspen Dental practices are individually owned and operated but share a commitment to similar values, like compassion and respect, and receive business support from Aspen Dental Management, Inc. There are almost 550 Aspen Dental practices across the United States serving over 3.7 million patients a year.

• Options: Aspen Dental offer four styles of full dentures and three styles of partial dentures, so patients can find a denture product that meets their needs and budget. They also offer single tooth implant and implant-supported dentures.

• On-site denture lab: All Aspen Dental locations have an on-site dental lab. This allows patients to get their dentures, implants, crowns and bridges as fast as possible.

• Guarantee: Aspen Dental offers a money-back guarantee on all dentures, both full and partial sets. If patients are unhappy, they have three months to return the dentures and request a full refund.

• General dentistry: Aspen Dental practices offer a wide array of dental services in addition to dentures and implants. Those looking for a dentist to meet all their oral health needs will appreciate this variety of services.

• Costs and discounts: Interested consumers can visit the website for their local Aspen Dental location to see a list of fees for all available services. They can also find available deals and special pricing offers listed on the website.

Aspen Dental Company Information