Stow, OH

Looking for a dental insurance plan

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Aspen Dental Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspen Dental?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspen Dental?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2022

Brooke was really nice and professional when we spoke earlier this morning. I have a matter of great importance and she not only showed understanding but great care in making sure my need were met. I understand this review are just words but thank God for people like Brooke. Bless you and your family and of course Aspen who hired her.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

Aspen Dental on Charlotte, Nashville TN. Mya the receptionist she knows me as if I was not a patient but a long time friend. Rose and Kassi their smile gave me comfort and peace that everything is going to be alright. Dr. ** and Dr. ** are truly genuine. This the first I ever had a doctor make sure and ask you is this right for you, Dr. ** was about me about how I feel, how I look, not about him being impatient or rushing the dental procedure, because he did not rush and he was not impatient.

I thought the red carpet treatment was over after first visit. They all prove me wrong. I was treated so special that each visit I begin to feel so spoiled. I wish there were staff like Mya, Rose, Kassi, Dr. ** and Dr. ** at every Dental Facility in the world. Then everyone would have a spectacular happy feeling smile that shows inside and out. Thank You!

Get buying tips about Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

A rare combination of professional and personable and light-years better than the Morrison Dental Group!!!... Everybody from the front desk, the x-ray specialist to the dental hygienist to the actual doctor were awesome!!!... At 67, I've been to a number of dentists that really run you through their office like you were cattle going to market but, not Aspen Dental!!!... What a pleasurable difference!!!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

My dental issues were multiplying and with no insurance, I didn't have much hope of getting my smile and my confidence back without help. Aspen Dental in Medina, OH is staffed with angels. They gave me hope. When I was told what the cost of a new smile would be, I broke down. She worked with me and discounted my total cost by more than half! I would not have been able to afford it otherwise. They are not about anything other than patient care. They watched as I bounced into each of my appointments with hope and joy. It only took 2 weeks for the finished product and here I am now, with a better-than-before smile. The doctor and all the girls at this location are simply amazing. I'm almost sorry they've completed their work as I truly looked forward to seeing everyone during my visits. Hope, joy and a new smile...how blessed am I!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

From the planning stages with Dr. ** until after the remedial work and follow-up, the experience has been mind blowing. The entire team and staff made me feel like not only was I important, but my complete satisfaction was first and foremost. The dentists at the office in the Durbin Park Bartram Springs Office provided services that are second to none. From planning, finance, x-rays, dental care, customer service, follow-up and interaction, visiting the dentists office leaves no dark cloud or a return reservation. All expectations were met. The staff ensured that any confusion or dissatisfaction was immediately addressed with future follow-ups to ensure complete satisfaction. Still in awe of the treatment and care Dr. **!!!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

I was drawn to Aspen because of the free X-rays and Dr.’s exam with a cleaning scheduled for the same day. I have never had serious problems with my guns. Yet even before the Dr's evaluation, I was hearing that I had pre-periodontal disease and would require a deep cleaning. Then came a very painful and the worst dental experience of my life during the periodontal probe. The probe was forced into the gum line (pockets) with readings of 7, 7, 7... I told the tech/dr. that I normally had readings of 2, 2, and 3 with a 4 or two. But, they can get whatever number they want if they force the probe in deep enough and was given some rhetoric about how the bone will stop the probe. Then came the surprise of a quote for~$2100 deep cleaning (I was told it would be very painful), $135 new toothbrush, $272 mouthguard. I opted not to have the procedure and to do some additional research.

I spoke with a friend that had experience with Aspen and he said staff is incentivized to sell costly solutions to non-problems. So, one day after my Aspen Dental experience, went in to my usual dentist for a cleaning and I did not mention that I had just had an exam. The hygienist observed cuts on my gums and said my gums looked good otherwise (albeit there was a bit of inflammation in one area due to plaque buildup). Then came the probe (with numbers coming in 2-4 and No 7's). I explained my experience with Aspen and the hygienist and Dr. both acknowledged how Aspen staff are expected to upsell, bait and switch or whatever name one wants to apply to providing costly services that are not needed to patients. As an organization with ~1000 offices, it is hard to understand how they continue to succeed with such deceitful practices. Here is a link confirming what I experienced - Aspen Dental Lawsuit - Highlights and Reports - State of the Suit.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2022

The few visit I had with them something was wrong with me every time evn though I take great care of my teeth. I floss and brush regularly. My first visit they convinced me I had some gum disease and had to buy a cleaning package that included an electric toothbrush, special paste, a follow up visit, MI Paste (later saw it says professional use only). After the follow up visit they tried to get me to buy more things after the visit to which I refused. 6 months later I had an accident and needed a root canal. The work on it was terrible and needed to be replaced 3 times which insurance doesn't cover because it should last 5 years. They won't cover it either because "it's not their fault." I got a second opinion on the work done for the crowns and was told it was sized wrong, not glued properly, and the extra space is what caused it to fall off and break.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

This place is a scam. I went to their office for an emergency. I had a dental infection and wanted to get it checked out, given I was in crucial pain. All they did was xrays and a quick dental cleaning that was not even necessary for my treatment. I paid for all services before leaving, and now, I'm getting a huge bill for extra services that weren't even done to me or that were necessary. Taking advantage of my condition, they charged for services that they didn't even do. Charging me for example a Perio SRP, doing further research it takes at least 3 visits for this treatment to take place since it's extremely painful and time consuming. The Perio SRP is a drilling of inside the tooth cleaning from the inside out. Something they didn't even do and still charged me for it. They were also supposed to call my nearby pharmacy and didn't even go through with that either. It was complete waste of time and will strongly unrecommend this place. I came in with horrible pain and came out with even more. 0 stars if I could.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

I was harmed and hurt by the lead female dentist in the Port Charlotte Office. I was told, "Oh sorry. It was a mistake." I was then ignored by all of Aspen and had to hire a dental malpractice lawyer.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

I called Mid October and scheduled an appointment at Aspen Dental and they were able to schedule me for an appointment on 11/9. When I got there for the appointment the person behind the desk was instantly irate and said that no one scheduled during that time slot and I shouldn’t be there and I had to pull up my email and find the confirmation email they sent. Then after they find my appointment they asked me for my insurance information which I began to looking for in my wallet and they tell me they will be charging me $300 payable by cash only before I can be seen since I cannot provide my insurance (this was never discussed or mentioned in any previous encounters regarding this appointment) but I was actively looking for my insurance card and do have insurance. I just needed time to get it out so there was no need for the charge or for them to be so aggressive and impatient about it, this all took place within a matter of minutes.

The cash only part was perplexing as well, it seemed odd especially because the emails I was receiving said the first visit is free but nothing about a $300 cash only payment due at time of the visit. But they were not allowing me to provide my insurance info. They just wanted cash. I have never been here before. This was an initial new patient cleaning so I have no idea why things went the way they did. I missed hours at work and valuable time to get the dental work I need done.

I ended up cancelling my appointments because I felt like something just wasn’t right with the way they behaved from the time I walked in, they didn’t know I had an appointment and weren’t expecting me at all. The $300 cash only payment, and they were not acting like a normal functioning business. Why would they be so abrupt and rude when this is my first visit? You would think at least the first visit they would want to make a good impression. To be honest it felt like I was being scammed or about to be.

Aspen Dental author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Aspen Dental practices are individually owned and operated but share a commitment to similar values, like compassion and respect, and receive business support from Aspen Dental Management, Inc. There are almost 550 Aspen Dental practices across the United States serving over 3.7 million patients a year.

• Options: Aspen Dental offer four styles of full dentures and three styles of partial dentures, so patients can find a denture product that meets their needs and budget. They also offer single tooth implant and implant-supported dentures.

• On-site denture lab: All Aspen Dental locations have an on-site dental lab. This allows patients to get their dentures, implants, crowns and bridges as fast as possible.

• Guarantee: Aspen Dental offers a money-back guarantee on all dentures, both full and partial sets. If patients are unhappy, they have three months to return the dentures and request a full refund.

• General dentistry: Aspen Dental practices offer a wide array of dental services in addition to dentures and implants. Those looking for a dentist to meet all their oral health needs will appreciate this variety of services.

• Costs and discounts: Interested consumers can visit the website for their local Aspen Dental location to see a list of fees for all available services. They can also find available deals and special pricing offers listed on the website.

Aspen Dental Company Information