1.06/5
Based on 150 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Stow, OH

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 22, 2018

631 Aspen Dental Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

My very good friend was in need of major dental work. After weeks of telling her she had nothing to worry about she made the call got a app. Was told she would get dentures on top and a partials on bottom. She is terrified of dentists so she asked to be out for the procedure. She did everything ask of her. I kept telling her everything was going to be fine. WELL I WAS WRONG. All they did was pull 4 teeth and told her everything else was extra over $2500.00 for getting 4 teeth pulled. She was told when she woke up from the anesthesia she would have new teeth and be ready to go. This place should lose their right to run a business in Vermont (Berlin). She will never trust a dentist again because ASPEN DENTAL LIES TO GET YOUR MONEY AND LEAVES YOU HANGING. This place should be shut down by the state but as usual they will get away with ripping off the public.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I am writing this review to warn others not to go to this Aspen Dental (Jonesboro, AK). I lost my temporary bridge called flippers so I went in to get a replacement. The costs for this were over $1200 and they kept demanding me to use them for other cleanings etc. The flipper they made only had one tooth and it was suppose to have two. Then, I wore it for a day and my gums started to bleed. I have tried to schedule an appointment to have this done, all of a sudden they have no appointment for another week. Of course, I am not paying additional money. Avoid this company. Aspen Dental is a money making enterprise and why should people pay all of this money. It cost less to go to a doctor. I am miffed that dental prices are unregulated. Also, comments I have heard are why do people only come in when they have problems. Simple answer: they cannot afford this PRICES!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

When my husband and I went for xray and cleaning we got an exam, extensive x-rays and a treatment plan in the thousands of dollars. Oh--but they set you up with credit too. This is a money making corporation, not just a caring dental office. I have no doubt my husband and I both have gum problems. But my husband also has blood cancer. A condition that they never even reached out to his oncologist to see if a scaling of his gums would worsen. We will not get the "work" done by them, but will try to find a caring dentist in this new area we have moved to less than a year ago.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

Went there because I was told that they help veterans and have money set aside for that purpose. Walked out with a 1200 bill and they cant help me until May. Meanwhile I'm in excruciating pain and on the verge of sepsis. My question is if they have the funds in May, why don't they have them now. This is sort of a priority. I can barely eat.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

My husband and I went to the Aspen Dental clinic located in Strongsville, Ohio. My husband was the patient and he was a new patient. We saw Dr. ** or Dr. ** (as known there). We went there for regular checkup. As a new patient, The doctor had done the X-rays and consultation only. He advises that my husband had to extract two wisdom teeth. And also advised us for scaling/cleaning with some advanced antibacterial protection in the teeth in the next visit. When we were given the price estimate, It was insane. They quoted $2434 Just for the cleaning or scaling. With our insurance coverage, We would have to pay $1429 from our pocket. The total cost of $2434 only for cleaning or scaling with one follow up visit is beyond our understanding. So we will not do any treatment. I will never never and never go there back and also strongly suggest everyone who is reading this not to come in their trap and do any treatment. Never go there. Avoid, Avoid.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspen Dental?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

We have good dental insurance. According to Aspen we don’t. Wrong admission of guilt from Aspen. They decided to quote us a 4 thousand plus bill. However then they gave us 1,400 bill quote saying our insurance was only covering 31 dollars. Well Being we were aware what our insurance does and doesn’t cover we knew they were frauding us. Looking at these complaints it seems this is Aspen's business practice. How is it they have not been investigated. Oh wait. Don’t worry. We have already been in contact with the proper people to start this probe. If they want to do it to us we will do it to them.

This place deals with a lot of seniors. I'm sure they are crushing them and prob overcharging their insurance. This is a probe I will be now looking to get into. Sometimes companies mess with the wrong individuals. Being this was trying to be done to us we have decided to return the favor. Some might just walk away and not follow up. This is clearly going on to hundreds of people. Aspen called admitted guilt. Our new quote was no longer in the thousands. Amazing what following up can do. Do not and I mean do not allow these crooks to take your money. We told the girl there what our insurance covers. They didn’t want it hear it. Please read all these or some reviews. You will see this company has pulled the scam many times over. It will stop here. I hope they enjoyed their unfair practices. I believe a civil lawsuit now is in order.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I work 50 hours a week and go to school full time. I have been trying to find a dentist to fit my schedule. At first I scheduled an appointment with the office in Frankfort, Ky. They left me sitting in the lobby for an hour and a half but yet taking people back that didn't have an appointment and someone who was a half hour late. I then scheduled an appointment with Aspen Dental in Lexington, Ky. I scheduled a cleaning. Dentist did stay and told me work that needed, a couple of fillings and redo my crown. That's fine. I asked, "Was I not getting a cleaning", he said the lady was out with the flu but sent me to the person who does billing. She told me that day that everything was $473.00. She asked for payment then without scheduling appointments. I asked her, "Can't I at least get my cleaning first." We agreed on the cleaning appointment.

She told me that was $30. I said my cleanings are free why am I paying $30. Was told it was the fluoride. Ok whatever. I Pay the $30 and schedule cleaning appointment. Go to the "cleaning appointment" the hygienist points to a filling saying that it was a bone or gum disease. I said, "That's a filling." She said I needed to talk to someone about treatment. The guy tells me $1627. I said, “No, I just want my cleanings, and I’ll pay for the fillings.” He tried to connect me with a company to make payments. I said, “No, don't need them, I'm not getting the other services.” He then tried to show me a breakdown. I said, “Funny you have different amounts than what I was given last visit.” He said, “Oh the insurance only pays so much.” I said, “I'm not getting those other services so we should be back at 4 something,” and at a glance I see $600+.

I said, “I just want my cleaning and you guys need to figure out the bill.” He told me I wasn't getting a cleaning today. I said that see what my appointment was for and that's why I paid the $30. He said, “No she was just looking at you today.” I said, “No, I paid for a cleaning and scheduled a cleaning.” He said, “Well let me go talk to someone.” He came back and said, “I apologize, you're not getting a cleaning.” I said, “Well give me my $30 back as I see our relationship is not going to work.” How have I been there 3 times and still haven't had a cleaning. Never again in life. Do not go to Aspen Dental unless you want to be ripped off.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I went to Aspen Dental to get a root canal on the molar on my top right side. So they did the root canal and ordered the cap. They put the cap on and it fell out of my mouth before I got home (not exaggerating). So I had to make two more last minute appointments so they could order a new cap to replace the one that fell out. A new cap! So the first one wasn't correct? Okay and here I am in the current day and I spoke to my primary dentist earlier today who happens to be a family friend. She told me that I was never suppose to get a cap on my tooth at all. I was supposed to get a root canal, then have a filling on my real tooth. So now here I am with my molar completely shaved down to a stub in my gum, and I was never actually supposed to lose my tooth at all.

ASPEN DENTAL DESTROYED MY MOLAR FOR NO REASON AT ALL. Now I just have no molar and I spent a very very hefty amount for this root canal that completely messed my teeth up for life. I can't chew on the right side of my mouth as of rn, and BTW I'm only 19 years old having to deal with these problems. Do not go to Aspen Dental.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I went in a few months ago and needed a filling and a cleaning. They insisted I needed to have my gums scraped. Assuming it was what I needed I agreed and we discussed payment options. I went with a dental card they offered and they indicated they'd charge 2/3 today to the card and the rest after my follow up visit. Well two months later I'm getting a past due bill from them for $400! They certainly don't give all information up front and now I'm stuck with a bill due now I thought I'd be able to break up over the next year. Not only that but they 'fit me in' after my original exam, I was there for 3 hours, one of which I was sitting numbed up in a waiting room, by the time I was actually getting worked on I could feel a good portion of the work in my mouth!! Seriously the worst experience I've ever had!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I visited the Aspen Dental in Savannah. On my first visit, they took a large amount of x-rays - which for most dentists is normal during the first visit. I have been on a 2-cleaning a year routine for the past 10 years (plus) and was only switching dentist because my current one always runs late on his appointments (sometimes up to 30 minutes) and that is just one of my pet peeves.

So I go through all the x-rays, sit through the initial exam, talk with the Dr. and then see the "plan coordinator" about what my treatment plan should be. I should have known something was up when I spoke to the Dr. She wanted to pull a perfectly good tooth because she assumed that it was causing issues for the tooth next to it - because x-rays did show some bone loss over time. I am 54, so yes I assume some bone lost to be normal and my last dentist has been maintaining and watching this also and noticed no rapid loss. So instead of saying, "Let's watch this and if we notice issues with that tooth, let's consider pulling." No. She went straight for the pull. I have no loose teeth, and my gums do not bleed.

So back to the plan coordinator, because the x-ray showed bone loss, they wanted to do a full periodontal treatment - also recommended the antibiotic for gum pockets, prescription toothpaste and wash. After insurance it was going to be about $800 out of pocket just for the office treatments. So I said at this time, I could not afford the $800 - so let's just do the scheduled cleanings and maintenance and see how well I can maintain the "current" condition. With that she said no - that they could not do cleaning and maintenance on my teeth since x-rays showed bone loss. It was that they would not - not could not.

My previous dentist has been during cleanings and I have been maintaining fine. I pushed back and she pushed harder that they would not even clean my teeth. So I left. Bottom line - is that not even providing the basic cleaning and dental work for some because that have some bone loss - implies (at least in my opinion) that Aspen Dental is more interested in making money than really providing dental care. Shameful!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

A week before my scheduled appointment, my dentist office notified me that I no longer had dental insurance. Upon checking, I learned that my insurance was accidentally termed for nonpayment. Since I was due for my 6 mo. cleaning & possible xrays, I called my reg dentist back, plus 2 other dentist about a price for an exam, xrays & cleaning. All 3 dental offices gave me their prices & they all closely varied between $222 - $228 (plus a 5% discount (I don't know what the discount was for). Since I've always had insurance, I was unhappy with that price. I decided to call Aspen Dental in Sandusky, OH. I was told that an exam and xrays would be free on my 1st visit with them. I then asked for their price for a cleaning. I was told that after the xrays and exam, I would then have a consultation & be given the price. I asked why she won't just tell me how much the cleaning would be like the other 3 dentist that I had spoken to?

She told me some nonsense about they won't be able to give me a price for the cleaning until after the exam & know how extensive the cleaning will need. I then called another Aspen Dental in Ontario, Ohio and got the same speech. I then went ahead & made an appointment for Sat. 1/20/18. While there, I had many xrays taken. I remarked several times that I've never had so xrays before & in that way. (I was taken to 2 different rooms for the xrays). I asked if she's heard others say the same thing. She told me "yes." After the xrays, I was taken to another room for the exam. The dentist looked over my xrays and medical info, then did an exam. He told me that I had no cavities & my gums look very good. He also remarked twice that my dentist did good work. I told him that I had lost my dental insurance and I'm now a self pay and looking for a new dentist, & that I wanted to keep up with my cleaning every 6 months & everything else.

I also told him that I had a deep cleaning treatment last year and my last follow up treatment/exam visit was in Aug. After the exam with the dentist, I spoke to a women about their prices. Remember, the exam & xrays were free that day, plus, I was just told that I had no cavities and my gums look good... So, I told her the same thing that the dentist just said to me & now I just want to keep up with the reg every 6 month cleaning. She quoted me a crazy price of something like $279!!! I about fell off my chair! I told her again that I just want a cleaning done. I also told her that 3 other dentist offices that I spoke to charge less than that for xrays, exam AND cleaning. She then did some figuring on her computer and came up with a new & improved price of $220!!! I told her "NO" and asked if I could have my xrays that they had taken. She told me that I absolutely could, & they will be ready for me to take in 2 weeks to one month.

My suggestion to anybody who is thinking of going to Aspen Dental... call other dentist and get their prices 1st. I plan to pick up my xrays and take them to my reg dentist who I was perfectly happy with. Now, I have to decide if having dental insurance is really worth it. I guess like all insurance, you make out if something goes wrong, otherwise I'd pretty much just break even if I just need cleaning & xrays. I will say that the dentist at Aspen was nice, but he was much, much rougher checking my teeth during the exam than anything that I've ever experienced. The ladies at the office were very sweet. So, to sum this review up... The xrays & exam isn't really free at all if you plan to go back the 2nd time for a normal, regular cleaning. I have no idea what they would of wanted to charge me if I need dental work done. For me, I'm picking up my free xrays and running back to my old dentist and will warn everyone what to expect from Aspen Dental.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

This company adds on expenses at every turn. Even when quotes are given and services are paid in advance, you are again subjected to unexpected fees by specialists. I arrived for a scheduled appointment, twice confirmed by Aspen Dental which would only be confirmed after full payment prior to the service. ($78.00) Upon arrival, I was told the procedure was not to be performed by the dentist. Rather, I was to see a specialist for an additional $ 300.00 plus dollars after insurance. I explained (they) Aspen Dental had already confirmed the prepaid service; however, I was told I would be charged the higher fee because a specialist was needed. I find it unethical that Aspen Dental can change the scenario despite a previous approval. This was my second specialist referral. As my payment was via credit card over the phone, I do not have a receipt. I am awaiting their call to explain why and how this deception occurred... Nothing yet.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I went in for an implant, it took 6 months to finally get the implanted tooth, after many follow appts. There were times when they asked me what I came in for. They took 2 panoramic xrays in 4 months, when questioned why, they said,"Your teeth change," (well not that much in a few months) also 2 sets of impressions in 4 months, when asked why they had to redo those, I got the same response, and also they don't save the previous impressions.

Today when I went, I was charged $395.00 and then got called back again to tell me that I also owed an additional 2600.00. When I started questioning the 2600, then was told they would write that off, but still wanted me to sign paper that said I owed 2600. Would not do that, so they amended that there would be no further charges. Also when I finally got into chair, dentist asked me if I was happy with the color, I told her I was and she only cemented in place temporarily and said to come back in a week for "color check". I've never been so unhappy and frustrated with a dental office in my life! Don't go to Aspen Dental, run away!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I haven’t been to the dentist in about a year, so I made a quick appointment at Aspen. They told me I needed 4 teeth pulled and that I had 13 urgent cavities that needed to be filled immediately!!! That did not sit right with me because I have never had issues with my teeth before. I decided to get a second opinion. I went to a different dentist today and they said I have 2 TINY borderline cavities that they recommend I fill and that I might want to have two wisdom teeth pulled. Aspen would have drilled into all of my perfectly healthy teeth had I not gotten a second opinion. Disgusting.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Aspen Dental seems like a bait and switch type organization. I was advised I would need a crown by my regular dentist. As with any major expense I always look for a second opinion and price shop. I contacted Aspen Dental for just that reason explaining I was looking for a second opinion and pricing. I was quoted a price of $738 and assured the first appointment would be cost free. The Aspen Dentist agreed I required a crown and directed me to the office manager who then quoted me $1105 for the crown and then charged me $103 for the office visit!!! As I said, seems like a bait and switch operation. After thinking the whole thing through I decided to contact the office directly to express my disappointment. The office manager was busy at the time so I left a message requesting a return call. After three and a half business days the call has yet to be returned. Thus the review.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

My experience has been horrible in general. From surgical extractions to fillings, I have not had one thing go right with them. Surgical extraction left me with bone splinters that were caused by "rough hands" not being careful, which caused severe pain and sores for months after, which I am still dealing with the remaining splinter to this day almost 2 year later.

The temp denture that was made for me was made poorly and was not usable, they agreed to remake the denture at no charge instead of refunding me the original price. They then billed me for the second remake, this took a lot of arguing to correct. One filling they id fell out twice within a week, they then simply ground off the tip of the tooth and never refilled it. Yet I was charge for a filling that I do have. The other fillings that had been done are broken and chipped, blue light used on fillings approx 10 seconds or less each.

I am now needing to see a different dentist to get backup verification that the corrections were done so poorly that they all need to be redone less than 2 years later. Drills were used on teeth that did not get fillings, and now they are in need as well. In my opinion, this company is out for the fastest cash possible, without concern for the well being of the patients. After getting professional opinions I will be pursuing a small claims action against Aspen Dental to refund the money collected for poor incorrectly performed dentistry, as well monies to cover the cost of proper corrections.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I went to Aspen Dental by Pittsburgh Mills, 1/8, for a chipped front tooth, Which I knew that a little bonding would have fixed the issue. After the dentist appeared for no longer than 1/2 min told me, "I can't fix your tooth. It needs a crown" and walked away! I was totally blown away by this first dose of the awesome bedside manner then to be cornered by another staff member to tell me that the crowning would cost me 3000 dollars. *And hold on* they needed 60 percent of the total before even touching my chipped tooth. LOL. I then realized at that moment to run out of there as fast as I could and to contact a real dentist.

Needless to say here I am all better because I did just that contacted a real dentist who took care of my tooth within an hour and 185.00 dollars later I have a great smile again!!! Please if you like your money and teeth!!! Do not go to Aspen Dental! They are not real dentists! They have no idea what they are doing. I think their motive is to yank as many teeth as they can! Do not fall for it! There are so many wonderful dentist out there. Keep searching!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I had undergone Deep Gum Cleaning and filling in my tooth and for which I was given anesthesia on both sides of my gums but after 2 weeks below issues are faced - I could feel numbness on my left side as I was unable to sense anything - We had visited Oral Surgeon in your Manchester Office and he confirmed that this is due to the incorrect anesthesia injection done which partially damaged the nerve and might have caused some internal swelling and according to him it could take a min of 6 month to heal, also there is a possibility that it might never be normal as before as the nerve might get damaged permanently. The filling on one of the left tooth is still not done properly even after getting a revisit to get this fixed and this might need to be done again.

But we are more concerned and shocked about the nerve damage and its possibility of not getting normal or the time it will take to be normal as before. I am deeply dissatisfied and depressed after hearing all this from the Oral Surgeon. I feel it was the worst decision of my life to have my teeth treated with Aspen Dental. Aspen Dental had made my face crooked and in pain post my treatment for life. And when this issue was mailed Aspen support id after a week I get an automate response stating - "your feedback is important and we will get back to you" and no one bothered to call. Aspen Dental is the worst.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I have been going to them since Aug 2017. They pulled my bottoms and replace my tops. My tops are too big. TeethWise told them that but they won't listen to me. My bottom is still not right. I just had the 3 pair they done and still can't eat they don't match up. Told me that my jawline was out of wack. Went to another dentist he said my tops are wrong. I haven't even got my permitted yet.

This is Jan 2018. 5 months and no good results. I have swelling bone problems. It's like they're not listening to me. I don't know what to do. I've told them this. It's like they don't care. I was told by someone my teeth look like bubble teeth. When I said something to them and showed the pix of my Regan and other teeth I lost they didn't really look at them. I feel like they are tired of me complaining but I know how they should feel. I still can't eat with them. My social life is gone cause who wants to date a women who can't eat or embarrassed about herself. What can I do to get help and someone to listen to me. I've paid too much for something I can't even use to eat with.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Madison TN Aspen Dental - I lost a large filling and was in PAIN. I made an appointment and could not be seen for 4 days. At the appointment the dentist looked at the tooth and sent me to their Finance Advisor. She told me they would not put in a new filling unless I had a deep tissue cleaning done, and handed me a $3,000 estimate! This gruff woman reminded me of a used car salesman. Not nice and insulting. I was told to come back and could not be seen for two weeks. The finance company had interest rates that were extremely high. When you are being examined there is no privacy. There are patients and employees roaming everywhere. The "dentists" are all just out of school with no experience which is why I am still in pain months later. Avoid this place at all cost!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

While Aspen DENTAL did the work on my spouse's teeth, we had to use DENTAL 1st for payment. They have taken out huge amount of interest from the payments that have been submitted. I have talked and called but they will not lower the high rates. BAD DEAL!!! Then as far as the DENTAL work that was performed on mine and my spouse's teeth, hahaha, the guarantee that ASPEN DENTAL will fix the mistakes... What a large LIE. We will pay what we owe, but never deal with these two CON ARTISTS again...

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

Conway AR. I have known I needed dentures for a long time. So I chose to go to Aspen. Was a big mistake. They told me that if I had any issues with them they would be there. When the swelling went down and the teeth wouldn't stay in my mouth I called and they gave me an appointment a 9 days later. The dentures themselves are crooked (LIKE ASPEN DENTAL). Now I have a broken tooth and can't get in touch with them much less get an appointment. I have received 3 different bills and not one is the same as the other. They straight up lied about the service I was supposed to receive and trying to charge me way more than their pricing on their website. My personal opinion is it's a complete ripoff.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I was treated horribly, I left feeling insulted and humiliated. The dentures are too big for my mouth. They agreed and had a new set made using my original as a tray and guide. My wax try was 100% exact and perfect, I was satisfied. Then when I returned to receive my new set they would not go in my mouth they hung outside my mouth and hurt terribly. The dentist never came to see the end result and I was told to take them and trust them that it was a process. I have now been using the first set, and totally unhappy. I have 1 set that is trash and 1 set that I had to settle for. Before using aspen dental I had a ridge in my mouth that was prominent.

Now my entire mouth is compressed and my ridge is gone. I'm dissatisfied in every way. Not only did they do a bait and switch, but I felt verbally attacked at one point, and it was humiliating. Any of my concerns were made to be my imagination. And that they were the professionals, etc. I wish I had walked away. Please go somewhere else I wish I had. Only paying so I don’t ruin my credit. And immediately seeking new as soon as my budget allows. It’s the worst experience I have ever had.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

Went to Aspen Dental to get my DD 2813 signed, form for military reservists we have to get signed annually. Was my last exam ever for the military so I just wanted to get it done. Went to Aspen Dental, hygienist acted very concerned, oh I had the beginnings of gum disease, did I know it could cause heart disease or some garbage-never heard that before.

So I agree to talk to their used car salesman office manager guy and he's going on about some plan they offer to finance over $2000 for a deep cleaning and maintenance program. Now, the cleaning was good, very good. Then had 1 free checkup the next month and they said that looked great. THEN had a checkup a month after that, which I was originally told would be free, over $200. So then they start talking about perio, etc. and I'm like I've never heard any of these concerns before, plus you guys just cleaned my teeth. It's a used car lot with dentists.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I had dental work done. I received a bill, which was incorrect. I brought it to the office manager's (Devin) attention. She said she would contact their financial dept and would let me know the outcome in a week. 1 month later I went back, she said she never heard back from them, but submitted a 2nd request for them to look at my bill. 1 month later I received a collections notice from them. I am now switching to another dentist!!!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

I was told I was paying for the comfy fit dentures at a total of approximately 7000.00 and all I got was a pair of standard dentures that never fit right and are too big for my mouth. A total waste of money. I could have gone elsewhere and gotten better results at a much lower cost. I will never recommend them to anyone ever.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

Went in for a chipped tooth and two cracked ones, after the exam they told me my teeth were infected and about 7 of them needed to be removed, I had no insurance and they suggested I get some since my problem would be on going, I get the insurance, picked it from their website, went in, sat down with a member of the staff and she told me 80% of the work I was going to get done would be covered by the insurance. She gave me the price I would be paying and the price the insurance would pay, ok no problem. She told me I would have to pay the amount I was responsible for before they can do the surgery. Ok no problem, the day of the surgery we went thru the papers again. What insurance would cover and what I was responsible for which was already paid in full, two months later I received a bill in the mail stating that I owe over $800 because their insurance didn’t cover the procedures I got done.

I call Aspen Dental talk to the receptionist which she told me to contact my insurance because she didn’t know why they didn’t covered their percentage. I told her, "You guys told me that my insurance would cover this," she puts me on hold. Now the manager comes to the phone. Samantha doesn’t let me get a word in. Talks over me and tells me to call my insurance to see why they didn’t cover my procedure. I tell her, "I was told by your staff that my procedures were covered. 80% of my bill was covered." She then tells me, "We don’t know what the insurance covers and what doesn’t. Not even the insurance knows that until the claim is process. It’s how the medical field works." "Ok then why did your staff member told me 80% of my work is cover by my insurance", she’s then says, "Do you have the papers we gave you. On the bottom it says this is just an estimate." Not really. "What it’s covered and what’s not it’s on the fine print."

Well why didn’t your staff informed me of this, "It’s the responsibility of the patient to read the paperwork." Ok so it’s now my fault that I didn’t read the fine print and that I’m stupid because I don’t know how the medical field works or how insurances work, she then tells me to call my insurance and see if they’re missing part of my claim or if they even received my claim because she doesn’t know why nothing was covered by the insurance cause no one really knows until the claim is out. True she tells me again those are just estimates then why didn’t you say they may cover 80% or nothing at all. Who’s knows. It’s hard to tell what your insurance will cover without really submitting it. Then I would’ve not gotten the procedure and gone somewhere else that would have done more for the patient. Extremely disappointed in the staff and the company for lying to their patients to get money out of them, shame on you!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Went to Aspen Dental to have extractions and dentures. Monday they did the extractions. Dr ** said she'd pull the teeth and smooth the bones. She pulled my teeth, forced the dentures into my mouth and when I complained how they hurt and did not fit she just injected ** everywhere. By Wednesday the whole left side of my face was swollen to the point where my left eye was partially closed. When I contacted Aspen they called in a prescription for antibiotics. By Thursday morning my face was so swollen that my cheek felt like it was ready to split. I called the emergency number and after hours of waiting and calling back a second time I finally got a call from DR **. She said she couldn't see me, she was on holiday.

That following morning I arrived at the office she cut my inner cheek open and started pushing the infection out then I told her about the piece of bone that was sticking out of my left side rear upper socket. She said she took it out then she said I'd have to go to a hospital to get a IV of antibiotics. I immediately checked into the emergency room at Shawnee Mission hospital. Once the doctor saw me I told her about the bone sticking out. She examined me. She immediately stated she needed to admit to the hospital, my white cell blood count was at 20000. They were afraid the infection had entered the bone. They did a contrast CT scan and the infection started at the bone that was exposed in my upper socket. They started me on IV antibiotics and called in a oral surgeon. After his examine he stated he would have to put me in to the operating room and open my cheek back up and my jaw. He did that and installed a drain tube.

I was released and had to go back to the oral surgeon. He removed the tube and said he wanted to see me on the following Monday. I went to my appt. He then told me that there were issues where DR ** never smooth the bone and it was poking out of my skin. He then opened up four places on my right hand side and smoothed out the bone and sutured them up and now I have to wait a week for it to heal and on the 15th I have to go in for him to smooth out the left hand side and as I complained to aspen about my dentures when I bite down the back teeth touch and there's a 1/4 gap at the front. My oral surgeon said the bite was off.

I've called Corry the office manager and all he could say was he didn't know about any of this but my oral surgeon had called and talked to Dr ** and she never mentioned any of this to the office manager Corry so what is she hiding. I've been out of work, got two weeks and no teeth and in pain. Corry said he would turn this over to his regional manager and I have still not heard from them. My word is to all stay away run away from this place no matter how bad it is run there a corporation dentist office they only care about the money and their dentist suck.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

On June 4 2016 was my first visit. Was told needed remaining bottom teeth removed and would be replaced with implants. Was told my price quote would be top and bottom implants. Before I left was taken to finance office was given a price of 6875.65 right on the contract says upper lower dentures with implants. Agreed with the contract. Was given financing. Proceeded. Had the bottom part of implants done. Had to wait 6 months. When it was time to complete the procedure was told the original implants were not working for others. Was going to cost over 400.00 more and was getting only bottom implants. After solving that problem was told it would cost me over 800 more to add my dentures. Very unhappy. The NEW dentures still fall out so what a waste.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

WHERE I STAND! TO BE CONTINUED! Aspen Dental: history. 1st appt. 11/16/17. Appt. to create a NEW set of dentures (2nd set) as a back to original set that is 3 yrs old. Made originally in Florida. I had to glue one of the front teeth in, so I was afraid this would happen again at the worst moment. Due to where I travel (for work) getting a denture fixed with the work schedule would be impossible. So I thought a nice new set to wear and a back-up set for emergency, would be beneficial. Did not have to have... mine were fine, just needed a back-up.

Had to do any X-ray (not sure why, all I wanted was dentures) NO dental work. Did impressions etc and then asked me to leave my (original denture set) for 4 hours so they could do more reproductions and make sure I had a denture that would fit. Due to the fact that my lower jaw has implants 6, they were getting correct measurements for locating the implants (sounded good). Killed 4.5 hours got my dentures drove home 1.3 hrs away, with a next scheduled appointment on 11/28/17. So much for expediency! I am glad I already had a set of teeth to go home with.

2nd appt. 11/28/17 went in to try waxed in impressions fit was ok, there were no adjustments made, basically the dentist stuck them (upper) in my mouth handed me a mirror asked how everything was? Well problem was the bottom plate had NO HOLES for the implants so bottom denture could not even be placed into my mouth for a fit check! I explained this and asked how this would even work,? The tech assured me they were made (copied) from my dentures, and assured they would fit. I was sent home, with another appointment in two days I was not there 20 minutes. I was asked information about original dentist again, gave name address and phone number to technician, so that they could get the proper O-Ring for the implants and I was told the next appointment (in 2 days) someone would be there to fix the bottom plate.

3rd appt. 11/30/17 I went in for final fit, which did NOT go well at all, the upper plate actually dug into the bones of my gums and hurt like hell. I let the tech know Quickly that this was not going to work! She proceeded to tell me they were made from my dentures that they should fit. I again tried to explain what I was feeling and where the problem was. Needless to say she did not want to discuss it. She walked away and had an assistant just grind away on the plate until they fit in my mouth. The lead tech then proceeded to explain they were fine they went in my mouth! I almost came unglued! I explained to her that this was unsatisfactory! She then convinced me that all adjustments would be made at final install. BECAUSE AGAIN THE BOTTOM PLATE WAS INCOMPLETE!

Scheduled ANOTHER appt. on Dec. 12, AGAIN. Told a second time that the expert who deals with the implants would have to be there to install the bottom plate. AGAIN ANOTHER APPT. AND ANOTHER 2.6 HRS WORTH OF DRIVING. And my gums are still hurting so bad, I can barely put my original dentures in and wear them. 3 days. They were very comfortable before. So much for expediency! Now Customer service is starting to get questionable. At this point I was sent home with some USELESS dentures that I have paid $2500.00 dollars for! 4th appt. 12/12/17.

Aspen Dental expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Aspen Dental practices are individually owned and operated but share a commitment to similar values, like compassion and respect, and receive business support from Aspen Dental Management, Inc. There are almost 550 Aspen Dental practices across the United States serving over 3.7 million patients a year.

• Options: Aspen Dental offer four styles of full dentures and three styles of partial dentures, so patients can find a denture product that meets their needs and budget. They also offer single tooth implant and implant-supported dentures.

• On-site denture lab: All Aspen Dental locations have an on-site dental lab. This allows patients to get their dentures, implants, crowns and bridges as fast as possible.

• Guarantee: Aspen Dental offers a money-back guarantee on all dentures, both full and partial sets. If patients are unhappy, they have three months to return the dentures and request a full refund.

• General dentistry: Aspen Dental practices offer a wide array of dental services in addition to dentures and implants. Those looking for a dentist to meet all their oral health needs will appreciate this variety of services.

• Costs and discounts: Interested consumers can visit the website for their local Aspen Dental location to see a list of fees for all available services. They can also find available deals and special pricing offers listed on the website.

• Best for: consumers who want a single dentist for all their needs and those who need service quickly.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Aspen Dental Company Information

www.aspendental.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use