Find a Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions partner

Looking for a dental insurance plan

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Aspen Dental Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspen Dental?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspen Dental?

Original review: April 21, 2021

The office and the staff at Monaca Aspen Dental are awesome - but, DO NOT TAKE A DENTAL FIRST FINANCING LOAN OUT - the worst company - the worst policies - terrible customer service team - just do not do it.

Original review: March 2, 2021

I had 9 teeth pulled my second appt. My first appt. was due to an extremely abscessed lateral incisor, and Altoona, Pa Aspen Dental took me as a walk in and saved my life. Even with no ** they were so skillful I barely felt it come out. Thank you all.

Get buying tips about Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

Had a tooth taken out a few weeks, maybe a month ago, and it was AMAZING!! I know, sounds crazy, a tooth taken out that was amazing, but everyone I met was so calm. Great service from Dr. **, his assistants Hannah and Stephanie were also amazing!! A bigger woman came in and seemed, flustered and worried but Dr. ** and his assistants calmly explained to her what needed to be done. Dr. ** has an amazing bedside manner and Hannah and Stephanie kept coming in and talking to me, making sure I was staying calm and if I needed anything. The young girl at the front desk Tasmin was also so sweet and so was the manager I spoke to, Paige. Besides the offsetting and worried heavy set woman, everything and one was great, friendly and amazing!! Thank you Aspen and Dr. **, Paige, Tasmin, Hannah and Stephanie!!

Original review: June 4, 2021

I chose Aspen because they were cheaper than other dentist in my area, first mistake. I go in to 1st. Appointment they assured me my dentures would fit and look great, I had my impressions made and was told they would be ready in a week, I told them I had to have them on time because I was going to Ohio to my granddaughters baby shower, and my grandson was having a going away party since he was moving to OR. They called and said the person that made the teeth had covid and they had to send them to Indiana. Then a week later they called to cancel my appointment they said the place they sent them to had covid as well, I didn't make my the trip to Ohio because I couldn't go with no teeth. Finally I had 11 teeth pulled, 2 broke off and the dentist took some bone off in 3 areas I didn't know about this till that day. I've never been in so much pain in my life.

I was told to wear them overnight, I did, the next day I went back and my gums were hurting really bad, the dentist took my teeth and filled them down and they didn't fit and still don't fit. I went back yesterday and the teeth have been in a cup because they are so big, the girl yesterday said that I'm going to have "floaters." I would have to use a paste to keep them in but that doesn't work they are way too big, I've planned my vacation for the 13th to the 19th, they took more impressions and said come back the 14th. Now I'm leaving the 13th. So they moved it up to the 8th, but I know they wont be ready, the dentist said "You're going to have to deal with it," I went off. He said the only choice was to get implants, I'm on SSI. I can't afford implants or I would have done that to begin with, to say the least.

I'm so unhappy, I have cried over this for the last 2 months and there is nothing I can do. I'm going to ask for a refund and I'll go to the owner to get my money back, I can't go visit my family, I can't go out to eat with friends, I'm just so overwhelmed I don't know what to do. BEWARE OF ASPEN DENTAL. They are terrible..

Original review: May 24, 2021

Two and a half years ago, went to Aspen for implants. At first everything seemed to be going smoothly. I asked Dr. ** why the two new implants were not straight and the other was straight. I was told not to worry, it was fine. I paid $12,000.00 for this. Then, just before everything was done, the oral surgeon wanted another $300.00. Some stupid excuse. A month ago, the last original implant came out. I just had the two that aspen put in. I couldn't get the dental to clip on right. I called aspen and they said to come in and it would be $191.00 for x-rays. I told them I didn't need x-rays, just some kind of alignment. Sandra said I had to have them or they weren't going to see me. Finally, they said I could come in for free.

Dr. ** said he has to adjust them, which he really didn't seem to do. He had an attitude because I mentioned about my complaint from two years ago about the two posts the oral surgeon put in. That now the denture is cutting into my gums. I finally got the denture in but it still cut my gums, the teeth didn't match the upper teeth and I can't chew. Dr. ** said to make an appointment to get some cleaning and some other work for another $1600.00. So, Dr. ** didn't align or fix anything and he sent me a bill for $322.00. I can't eat with these teeth and they hurt. I am not going to pay this bill for something he didn't do.

Original review: May 17, 2021

When I chose to go to Aspen Dental, I did so because though I’d been happy with the dentist I’d been seeing for decades, I had some concrete reasons to be concerned. He was perhaps missing things in my dental care. Though my teeth looked and felt fine, a fresh set of eyes couldn’t hurt, I thought. First off, as a new Aspen Dental patient, I was required to go through a ridiculous amount of x-rays that were not only time-consuming and annoying—but many of them factually painful from the way the x-ray films were placed. “Gee-a lot of our clients are throwing up by now!” one of the technicians cheerfully informed me by the end of the session. I was earnestly too concerned about contemplating the radiation-load my body was undergoing, to be thinking of throwing up. ‘First red flag.

During the following routine dental exam I was told I had “significant” periodontal disease. “Okay,” I thought, “maybe my other dentist WAS missing things.” I was prescribed a set of expensive mouthwashes, treatments and toothpastes to use in combating my “significant” periodontal disease. I was also charged for a $100 electric toothbrush that I hadn’t requested, they hadn’t mentioned, and that I didn’t even catch until I was home reviewing my eye-popping, after-insurance, bill. Of course I was also scheduled for a periodontal cleaning a few days later. I never saw a dentist at this first session—only a dental technician.

'Harboring some doubts but yet intrigued at this point—I showed up for my periodontal cleaning. I wasn’t looking forward to it--friends who had undergone similar procedures reported often having to spend hours in a dental chair, and sometimes even having to have the work split into two separate sessions. I settled back for the work to begin…and within 15-20 minutes was told I was finished. 15-20 minutes? Usually my twice-a-year-routine cleanings take roughly that long.

I checked with the technician: “That was a full periodontal cleaning?” He assured me it was, and told me to be sure to continue using all my special (expensive!) periodontal products. So apparently Aspen Dental can treat “significant periodontal disease” with a load of fluoride-laden care products and a 15 minute cleaning. What miracle workers! The dentist then came in, poked around in my mouth for five minutes, declared everything looked “terrific” and departed. ‘As did I—but not before I paid another exorbitant charge on my bill.

Needless to say, I have never gone back to Aspen Dental. A subsequent appointment with another dentist revealed I had no periodontal disease of any consequence—though that dentist did recommend using a tartar-removing toothpaste and/or mouthwash, of the type that can be purchased in any store. I attempted to use up my Aspen Dental prescribed periodontal products, figuring I had paid for them and may as well use them, but after starting to notice yellowing on my back teeth, and over-all tooth sensitivity, I became concerned about fluorosis from an over-load of fluoride—so I pitched them in the trash. The convenient, available (and *should* be less expensive) concept of "chain-store" health and dental care is an interesting one--but I can't recommend this place. I felt that their concern was far more for the credit limit on my charge card, than for my dental health.

Original review: May 15, 2021

This is a very low quality company! It’s the nightmare! The workers are very rude and have very poor personality. They lies and cheating, they don’t care your health and ONLY cares money. They forced us to buy very expensive tooth brushes and the services price are also very high. They will offered us A long and high fee list even you only want to fix a toothaches or a deep clean. They are hungry for the money!

The worst thing is THIS IS A COMPANY WITHOUT INTEGRITY. They don’t care your time and your feel, they so easily to changed appointments even you already took time off for work. They will tell you there’s no doctor today even you already waited half more hours at your appointment, and they will twist to tell you that they have been called you even you didn’t received any call with the phone list. You don’t want go through all these, THE NIGHTMARE. There are a lot of nice dental cares, find the nice ones who real cares their customer.

Original review: May 12, 2021

At my first consult they "threw" so many things I needed done and even hid an Oral B e-toothbrush not to mention they wanted to go ahead and charge me for Invisalign "no see braces". I was told they had 18 month same as cash financing available and I could use if I needed it. I told them I would rather pay as I go but was convinced I was there just in case so I signed the paperwork. Little did I know how that was going to haunt me later. They changed over $1600 to the account and never received a statement in the mail until I got something in the mail from a debt collection agency. Aspen Dental had my physical and mailing address so that shouldn't have happened. Stay away from Aspen Dental.

Original review: May 7, 2021

The first appt at the Aspen Dental Clinic on Hwy 138 in Conyers was okay, as that initial visit generally is, however the visit on yesterday was incredible, for the lack of a better and more precise word. I'd reluctantly chosen a full set of upper dentures to replace my partial. During my initial visit, Dr. ** was insistent that I had only the options to get either an implant or a full set of dentures on top. During the first visit, an exam, e-rays and impressions were done.

I went in for my second visit after pondering for several months as to whether or not I should have the work completed. During this visit, which included extractions and the placement of my immediate dentures, I knew something just wasn't right when the tech never showed me the dentures. Also, upon my arrival, my unit was not in the place where the units are generally kept. The front desk person searched and searched, but could not locate it, and was told that it had already been placed in the back.

Well now I know why it was not upfront because they knew I would not pay for that unit. So instead of showing me the unit first while I still had my partial in, they hide the ugly truth and remove my extract my teeth so that I would be forced to leave with that ugly unit. After the extraction, each time she placed the unit in my mouth to check for the alignment and comfort, it was as if she was hiding it so I became concerned, however chose not to say anything. The unit was extremely uncomfortable so she had to repeatedly file it and place a lining, etc, etc. When nothing seem to improve the fit, she finally asked someone else to try to adjust it, but it continued to be uncomfortable and bulky and even to the point where my speech was quite different.

At that point, I was becoming near tears since I literally speak for a living, but I kept thinking to myself, surely they can fix this. They got it adjusted to a point where I felt I could deal with it until the next adjustment so I agreed to leave. Since I was never given a mirror as in the past, I thought I would go to the restroom on my way out to look at my new unit. I was in utter disbelief and before I could control myself, the tears that were already forming just streamed down my face. I suffer with anxiety and hypertension so I could feel myself becoming extremely anxious; yes it was just that bad.

I left out of the restroom and went to speak with whoever would listen which was the tech who'd assisted w/ my procedure, and who also directed me to someone else. I told the person (Ofc mgr, **) she directed me to and also Dr. ** who joined in, that the left side and the right side appeared as if each side belonged to two different people. The teeth on the left side were about half the size of the teeth on the right side. Only the fourth front teeth are decent looking. I was thinking this cannot be, it's Aspen Dental and they have probably served millions and maybe even tens of thousands at this particular location alone. I was livid and so distraught that I could hardly speak, and the improper fitting dentures did not help.

Everyone knows how important your smile is which is why those who can afford it spend thousands for a nice smile. Though this unit did not cost thousands, I did at least expect the teeth to be the same on both sides, after all they are false teeth and can be made practically anyway one chooses so why would someone make them look so imperfect? If I were to get a prosthesis body part to replace a body part which had imperfections due to age, etc, I wouldn't request or expect the false one to be made with those imperfections when I can have it made to look better.

The lab techs at this place MUST be incompetent because surely any professional and competent tech should have been able to look at that unit and realize that it simply was not right! But instead of correcting their initial mediocre work, they tried to actually push their incompetent work on me as if the unit was a donation. I am currently searching for someone to make me a new unit because I can't even fathom anyone at that location touching my mouth ever again, and again...YES, it was THAT bad of an experience!! All I can say is that it would be in your best interest to stay away from this place!!

Original review: May 1, 2021

I went to Aspen Dental with hopes of them fixing my dental issues. I was given one price for the service, the next time I went there were further charges which were not explained in the first price, even showing them my printout that was given to me. I had to return numerous times after my temporary partial dentures didn’t fit right and finally got my permanent partials. I went back due to the partials causing pain on my gums and food getting stuck in a poorly designed lower partial. They said there was nothing they could do to fix them. I approached them about getting my money back and they said they would only refund a partial amount and I would have to turn over the dentures. I was appalled by this, went home to use my temporary partials and they fit terribly just as they did before. I paid for a service that was unsatisfactory and they seemed to not care. I am in anguish over this

Aspen Dental author review by ConsumerAffairs

Aspen Dental practices are individually owned and operated but share a commitment to similar values, like compassion and respect, and receive business support from Aspen Dental Management, Inc. There are almost 550 Aspen Dental practices across the United States serving over 3.7 million patients a year.

• Options: Aspen Dental offer four styles of full dentures and three styles of partial dentures, so patients can find a denture product that meets their needs and budget. They also offer single tooth implant and implant-supported dentures.

• On-site denture lab: All Aspen Dental locations have an on-site dental lab. This allows patients to get their dentures, implants, crowns and bridges as fast as possible.

• Guarantee: Aspen Dental offers a money-back guarantee on all dentures, both full and partial sets. If patients are unhappy, they have three months to return the dentures and request a full refund.

• General dentistry: Aspen Dental practices offer a wide array of dental services in addition to dentures and implants. Those looking for a dentist to meet all their oral health needs will appreciate this variety of services.

• Costs and discounts: Interested consumers can visit the website for their local Aspen Dental location to see a list of fees for all available services. They can also find available deals and special pricing offers listed on the website.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team