Aspen Dental

Stow, OH

Compare Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions

Research top Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This was my first visit to Aspen Dental in Rutland, Vt. I am not new to dentures as this would have been my third pair. The wait in the lobby when you have a scheduled appointment is absolutely annoying. I had to go to the front desk three times. I was told over the telephone that I would get impressions the same day. Didn't happen. When I finally received the new dentures I was sure they had used someone else's mouth. I absolutely hated them. They talked me into doing some adjustments and I still hate them. They are too big for my mouth and they click together when I talk.

I want my money back immediately! I will never deal with these people again. My only recourse was to give them the dentures back. They did not offer a price reduction if I agreed to several adjustments. They didn't even offer to remake them. The Better Business Bureau should be involved with this business. I am a senior citizen. The dentist wasn't friendly nor was the account manager.

Do not use Aspen. Their dentists are unable to count. One of their dentist (you never see the same one twice) left a WHOLE root in my mouth after pulling a tooth. I complained 2 times by phone & went in twice, always told the swelling & pain (4 weeks after) were normal. Can't the man make sure all the roots are attached to the tooth & count. Now has to be taken out by oral surgeon. It's been over 2 years getting them to acknowledge their mistake & "say" they're going to issue the money. They don't have an oral surgeon at my location, thank God.

I took my 16 year old son to Aspen Dental in Opelika, AL in 2015. He had Medicaid. I was not told that they do not take Medicaid until today when I went into Aspen Dental to find out why I have a bill for $89. They took my son's Medicaid card and copied it in 2015... We saw the dentist for an x-ray and cleaning. The financial person told me that it was approved and the cleaning and exam was completed on the second visit. They wanted to do extra work on him and I declined that because it wasn't needed. This year, 2017, I get a bill for $89 and went to Aspen Dental to check it out. I looked in my file at the Dental office and saw only MY BCBS of Alabama info and none of my son's Medicaid info was in there at all. I believe that the previous people in the office, no longer there, made a mistake with their billing info, was fired and now I am paying the price. None of the copies of Medicaid made by the previous receptionist was in the Aspen Dental file.

I got a call earlier this year from Aspen Dental asking for my son's Medicaid card number so they could bill Medicaid. I told them that I don't have that for him anymore. This Dental company appears to be scamming people upfront in order to get money. Add me to any class action lawsuit that you all have or may have against Aspen Dental. Something is not right. I'm on my way to the Medicaid office now to report them. Thanks. The best way to reach me is by email until I get a new personal phone number.

I went to Aspen Dental, Mentor Ohio in November because they advertised free exam and X-rays for new patients. I needed to have my teeth checked as I had cancer in 2016 and chemo is hard on the body including the teeth. Turns out I had a cracked tooth. They told me I had to pay up front so I financed with their bank. When I returned for my cleaning, the dentist told me I had periodontal disease. The total amount owed jumped to over $1000. I financed that and she cleaned my teeth. She asked that I return in 3 months for a follow up. I asked if the $1000 I paid included the follow up and I was assured it did. The week before my follow up appointment, I called again to confirm it was already paid for and they confirmed it was.

When I got to the appointment, the hygienist told me it would be another $120. I told her I was not paying any more money and was told this visit was included. She told me they billed me wrong and that she would do it as a courtesy but could get into trouble if they found out. I am really having a hard time believing her. I can't help but wonder if they set their own prices. She told me I needed to come back in another 4 months and it would cost at least $120 for that visit. First of all, I don't appreciate being scolded. Second of all, their prices shouldn't increase with every visit. If they messed up on their billing, that is their issue not mine. It took her 15 minutes to clean my teeth. For $120? Seriously? I plan to never set foot in that place again.

I thought I had found a dentist that I could use for a long time. I hadn't been to the dentist for over 5 years and decided to start going for my cleanings and a cavity. I went in for my 3rd cleaning, following the every 6 month schedule. My last visit/cleaning I mentioned having a lot of sensitivity in a bottom tooth for the last 6-9 months. They looked at the x rays and said that they had done a filling on my last visit (which I forgot about) in that tooth that was deep. I was told I could expect sensitivity and that I would just have to get used to it.

At my next scheduled cleaning, I decided to drive to an hour south to a dentist that promotes Mini Dental Implants. I have several lower rear teeth missing and wanted to see about implants, so I can chew. During the initial free consult, the dentist asked if I was having any other issues. I mentioned the above, so he took a look at the x rays and said the filling was pretty shallow. he got out the light and mirror and found that the back of the tooth was fractured in 3 places and one of them looked severe. After several attempts, over a couple months, to repair/save the tooth, it became infected (twice) and I had it extracted. I feel that had Aspen found the fracture 6-9 months sooner - I may not have lost the tooth.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspen Dental?

I have visited Aspen, discussed their practices with current and former patients as well as former employees. The reactions and comments were all basically the same and completely consistent with all the comments you see here. Go to the Aspen website and read the patient reviews. It's all unicorns and rainbows. Read independent reviews and you get a different story.

It amazes me how such a horrible corporation can have such growth. Patients responses are the same across the country. Now get this people... One of their middle managers told me that they were attempting to acquire several medical practices across the North East. Wow! Thats brilliant, get even more people to hate you. Only in America can you staff a medical practice with morons and employ even bigger morons to oversee operations and be so successful. Oh btw... Compliance standards are much less lenient on medical practices vs. dental.

Should be getting fitted for new partial denture on Monday, but AGAIN the product that I went to Aspen Dental for is still not available. My initial impressions were done on November 30th. There were THREE MORE IMPRESSIONS done -- separate appointments -- to try and get the thing made correctly. Today is March 10th, and I have yet to get what I paid them for on Day One. They've had over $800 (a 60% deposit) of MY money tied up this whole time. First, it was "sure, you'll have them by Christmas"-- but, weren't specific about what YEAR at Christmas, I guess. They called me this morning to confirm my upcoming Monday appointment without confirming that my partial has actually--finally!-- been received. And guess what? NO, it's not there yet! It's like they don't even try to talk to each other to enable adequate support for their clients.

As many times as I've been in there for this One Thing, they still get confused as to what they're trying to have made for me. There is no accountability at the Tallahassee practice. No one there (with the exception of their new dentist) seems concerned about solving their problems in providing the One Thing the company advertises on TV- dentures and partials. So far, I've had to take off a total of 7 hours from my job to get this one thing from Aspen Dental. And it's not over Yet.

Aspen Dental in Sandusky Ohio messed up my son's teeth. The wait in the waiting room was over an hour. Then the dentist broke a good tooth and cut the inside of his mouth. He packed the tooth and told him he would have to go to a specialist to get it fixed. On the other side of the mouth he could not get the tooth grinded enough and again told to see a specialist. Sent home without a referral and no ATB and you guessed it. Both cheeks swollen and bruised. WORST VISIT EVER. Had to go to family doctor to get meds. Pain was unbearable and this is the worst service.

They advertise you can walk in and that is not true at this location. It took three weeks to even get in. Never again. When I had went for my appointment 4 hour wait and nothing was done. Wanted to send me to a dentist downtown Sandusky to do a root canal. Then did no service to me. But office manager showed me 4000 of work needed. I was like "I came here to have a broken tooth removed." Went to dentist in Toledo who pulled two teeth. Stated that one was broke to the gum almost and would not be worth saving. Aspen Dental had it down for a crown.

Had all teeth pulled, received a sample pair that were unwearable even after continual trips there being told those were just samples to make the originals off of. Bottoms were so bad that I couldn't wear them so I wore just the top ones for over 6 months, to ultimately get another completely worthless set and many trips back to be told by a totally different dentist that they would never fit because of bone loss and I would have to pay another sum of $2,500.00 or more to get some kind of snap in thing. He said I should have been showed my xrays and told this.

To me it was almost like bait and switch and I know I was only told I might have to use a little dental cream of sorts to hold them in. I carry Polident with me in my purse and gym bag, it's bad when you can't bite a banana and chose the place you eat by what soft you can get there. I don't think the one side of the bottom teeth are all they way down on my gums because food goes up under them. I was charged $6000.00. They gave me a loan called Care Credit which I am still paying for and both sets of the teeth are worthless. Money back guarantee would be fine. Give my money back, I will give both pair teeth back and go find a real dentist.

When there is an issue with billing, this company does not want to fix the problem instead they like to make the customer frustrated. It takes them a year to bill the ins. If they would have provided all the info the insurance requested, they would have paid immediately. Instead they lie to the customer and do not care of the issues, thus causing multiple phone calls made by customer and insurance company. Issue still not fixed. They give the impression that they just don't care. Too bad because the dentist great but the billing dept just does not care.

I called and made an appointment to have replacement denture made. Was assured over the phone that we could proceed with impressions on first visit and that x-rays would not be required just for replacement denture. I made sure to know what to expect at this place after reading their poor reviews about unnecessary services. I took the day off work, was on time for appointment, but they kept me waiting for a very long time. Called my name and proceeded to insist I needed x-rays and different screenings for upper replacement denture. I did read reviews for this place but since I only wanted their ComfiLytes dentures, I never dreamed they would try to talk me into unnecessary tests.

I saw which way this was going as they had me sign a paper saying that they can halt services at any time if you do not agree to their demands for treatments. Now, I have a regular dentist whom I visit regularly so only wanted their much touted dentures. They lied to me on the phone hoping that when I got there I would fold. To me it is like a wig specialist requiring an MRI to get a wig. I mean, how dangerous is it to bite down on a tray full of goo for denture impression. I left that place in a hurry and did not look back as I did not wish to get on an expensive ride I could not get off from. I will heed better in the future companies with such poor ratings and steer clear. BIG WASTE OF TIME.

I went to Aspen for bottom dentures because they advertise that perfect fit every time, not true. I have dentures that don't fit at all, I have to glue them in 3 to 5 times a day. The packages says use only once a day. Dentist tells me it's ok to use as much as I need and they can't help me with making my dentures fix. I paid $2500 for something not worth a cent to me.

PLEASE DO NOT EVER GO TO ASPEN DENTIST. EVER!!! They are the most deceitful people ever. I wish everyone would read these reviews before visiting one of the Aspen Dental offices. A friend of mine went to an Aspen Dentist Office in Conway South Carolina. My friend went to them because he could not get an appointment his regular Dentist this week that does accept his insurance. First of all he is a sick man. He is HIV positive. But in remission. And very healthy. But he is on a lot of medication. He had a spot in his mouth near a tooth that has been bothering him. The spot became infected. Aspen Dental claims he needs the tooth pulled. And to their credit the ONLY thing they did do that was responsible as far as Doctor care was they did give him an antibiotic.

However, this is where the "Doctor Care" ends and the deceitful manipulation begins... they whisked him out of the Dentist chair to the Financing Office to run his credit and "approve" him for a list of unnecessary procedures. They talked him into a list of unnecessary work including Flouride Treatments (which are only fine on children). He did question one procedure that was just an old filling that had partially came out. They had him down for a crown procedure. He asked about it and they said "oh yes we can just replace the filling and do not need to do a Crown". Turns out they do not take any insurance. If they do they find procedures necessary to finance. I asked to see his paperwork. The interest rate was 27.24 percent. In small print was the amount of 900.00 and some odd dollars that had to be paid upfront for all of this unnecessary work to be done.

All he really needed was the tooth taken care of. But in the course of the gust they talked him into all of this unnecessary work that DID NOT need to be done. He lives on a fixed income with his job. He cannot afford all this extra expense. He was able to cancel the financing and upcoming appointment. I then called them and told them they took advantage of him and how do they live with themselves. I talked to the Office Manager that barely spoke English. Bad, bad, bad experience. They should be put out of business. They are CROOKS. Luckily my friend was able to cancel. But reading all other stories some people were not so lucky. Please do your homework before visiting one of these scam offices. There are reputable Dentists out there that take payments for necessary work that one may need.

I was really please with the office visit but when I got the bill, they did not apply my Careington Care 500 series Dental Plan Discounts. This happen in December 2016 mind you. I am still fighting with them today. That's a shame because I really like the quality of their work but when come down it, you have to be able to trust that they should know what they are doing. At the same time I was over charged over $1300.00 bucks. I live on a really tight budget, being over charge for anything throws off the quality of life I lead.

I went to Aspen about dentures. They did all the X-rays, molds and so on. I was given a price. The next thing I know the price goes up because prices increase after the first of every year, I was told. I can not believe this business can stay open due to all the complaints. I will not pay them anything for what they have completed.

Do not use ASPEN DENTAL. It will cost you more than they lead you to believe. I felt like if I was going in to buy a car and the salesperson pressures you into something you do not want. I was pressured into taking a credit card that I didn't want in order to get the work done on my mouth. I would not recommend ASPEN Dental. I would suggest they use another dentist that would work with you on the payments. I did not use the credit made my payment and did not return for any work otherwise, it would have cost me thousands of dollars.

I went for the first time to Aspen for a routine exam/cleaning. Dentist said I needed sealants and had the billing office give me a detailed estimate of cost. I was told it would be $150 which was paid in full, provided with an estimate and receipt of payment with no balance due. I had the sealants done one week later. In Jan. I received a bill for an additional $260 because my insurance denied the claim because it is a procedure usual done on children. I called on 1/20 and spoke with Ashley and after speaking with her office manager, she said they would resubmit the claim and cover the remaining balance.

I just received another bill and when I called today, Ashley would not speak to me but said that she never said that. I asked for a recording of the call, but according to them, they are not recorded. I was never told my insurance would be used for the sealants and that the cost of the sealants was dependent on my insurance company. I have a detailed bill which has the sealants as 29 per tooth which I paid before the work was done and after the fact, they are now saying it is over 50 per tooth. I never would have agreed to over $400 worth of dental work when I don't even get cavities.

This entire experience is a scam. They had time to verify my insurance benefits or tell me to, did not tell me that they were using my insurance for the sealants, or what the cost would be if it was not covered. They could come back and say each sealant is now $100, and say I owe the difference because I have no way of knowing otherwise as none of this was on my estimate or initial bill.

Ashley also lied about coving the difference. Aspen's recording says that you are never surprised by your bill because they give you the detailed estimate in advance. That is not the case at all and they lie about who their office managers are. Ashley was going to put me in touch with the office manager when she refused to help me, but I guess he/she didn't want to take the call so they said they'd resubmit the claim and cover the difference. Now when I call back, she is the office manager but let someone else deal with me and said she never said they'd cover the remaining balance.

HAD TOOTH pulled and a 4 unit crown. Paid 260.00 deposit upfront. Careington 500 paid 932.16, Care credit 2467.60, Total cost $3,659.76. Told they covered process from start to finish if no extra dental work needed. Which none was. Check color of the .4 unit crown 3 days ahead of time to make sure I liked the color. I did proceed to schedule appt. After they put them in they got my family. Said ready to go but they didn't put cement in just a drop. I'll have to come back to have them pull them out and put the cement in. They stated reason they didn't put cement in is they thought I might want a deep clean and make sure I like the color. Which I came to see color three days before and told them I like the color and didn't want the deep clean at time even if I needed it. With as much as this is costing me now I'll have to wait.

I went back to have them complete the job again. Two hrs later they got my family and told them I was ready to go but they didn't put cement in which is what they were to do the last time. The reason this time was they said they couldn't get the 4 unit crown out to put the cement in. I had to be sedated every time because I'm scared of dentistry work. ASPEN DENTAL NEVER called to check on me after procedure. I have a 4 unit crown now that they didn't finish job and I have lots of pain and suffering. I now have to go find a new place to redo the work or finish the job.

Aspen Dental sent me a bill after paying them $3659.76 for the last two visits that I guess I got sedated for nothing but my nerves for $1261.04 and turned it over to collection agent. I filed with B.B.B. complained and found out Aspen Dental is not associated with them. Total charge for job not done is $4,920.80 how many dentures can you get with that kind of money and I just had one tooth pulled and a 4 unit crown. That is a scam. They are a rip off and keep you coming back when not needed it and charge arm and leg for nothing and job not completed. HOW ARE THEY STILL ABLE TO BE IN BUSINESS?? This is not right. They should make it right. Help.

I went in for free exam which was offered for new patients without insurance. Staff very friendly, helpful and professional. Dentist was very reserved, did not explain anything, referred me to another dentist which staff thought was odd and tried to prescribe me medication I am allergic to which was front and center on paperwork. FELT VERY RUSHED OUT THE DOOR! On third day of antibiotic and pain meds, ended up in ER because tooth was throbbing. ** didn't help at all. On day 6, he would not give me anything else for pain to hold me til I could get to my "referred dentist" appointment. Didn't even think that maybe I needed a different antibiotic. Said I shouldn't be out... He prescribed 15 pills, 1 every 8 hours... That's 3 per day for 5 days... Obviously can't count. I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN!!!

As everyone is stating they are crooks. You go in, get x-rays, you go back to see dentist, then you go straight to finance office. They put you in such a whirlwind telling you what dentist says you need and print out financing papers for you to sign and you are signing them before you know it. Everything is suppose to be included in the financing but they wind up billing you more later. The big problem we have is my husband asked dentist about a place under his tongue and dentist said "oh I don't think it's anything to worry about." Says probably just rubbing teeth on it, well this was under the tongue and there is no way to rub your teeth there. It got bigger and then started causing jaw pain. My husband went to a oral surgeon to get a tooth cut out that was cracked and broke that Aspen Dental never even told him about. He had a toothache there and that's when he found the tooth was cracked.

1 year later my husband went to same oral surgeon to ask him what spot was because it was really hurting now. The oral surgeon did a biopsy and this spot he asked Aspen Dental dentist about was larger, hurting more and causing jaw pain, this turned out to be cancer. My husband just went through 3 surgeries for cancer in 10 days thanks to Aspen Dental. They thought they had it all but find out it has spread. Can't get attorney to take case against them. Says they are a big corporation and would have to have more proof this caused the cancer. Well duh it is the same spot my husband asked them about to start with. So BEWARE OF ASPEN DENTAL - a lady was leaving the day we were waiting to be seen and when she left she was in tears and said if we were smart we would leave now. Should have listened to her. I may lose my husband now.

I am elderly and disabled. I had an appointment with Aspen Dental in Miamisburg Centerville. I arrived 30 minutes before my appointment and got dropped off by my son. When I arrived the door was locked with a sign in the window that said closed for a meeting. It was freezing cold that day and I had to find somewhere to go until they opened back up. Aspen Dental did not notify me that they would be closed. Since it was freezing cold you would think they would have allowed the patients to sit in the lobby but they didn't. Also, on another occasion, Aspen Dentist canceled my dentist appointment and did not even have the courtesy to call me. I had an hour drive to get there.

The other complaint is they charged me a co-pay when I didn't have a co-pay and they didn't bill my insurance company which is Liberty Insurance and charged me $119.00 and refused to see me unless I paid. Since I had went through so much to get this appointment I was forced to pay. It was a blessing I had a credit card with me. I filed a complaint with my insurance company because they are in violation for collecting money that is not due. I am still waiting on a refund even after Aspen got paid twice once from me and then my insurance company. I will never go to another Aspen Dentist. I hope they are exposed.

The staff were cold, unfriendly and seemed hurried to get me out of the way - except the dentist, who was nice. I was diagnosed wrong - a cracked tooth, periodontal disease... Another dentist didn't find this. I responded to an advertisement for $19 for an x-ray in 2013 and was billed for $114? I've been trying to address this since because I continued to get the bills in 2014, 2015... Called my insurance again, and AGAIN - they couldn't reach anyone (phone number on bill (Smyrna, TN) no answer. Another time my carrier left a voicemail - no response. Called a month or so later now it's 2016.

My insurance contact called me back to say that Aspen said they wouldn't send out anymore bills until it was resolved - not true! I had to call my insurance people again because my account is in collections now! Really!! I called the collections company, they just asked for the money - refused to check into the matter. (I was so livid that I insisted that we conference call while he tried to reach someone.) FINALLY he reached someone by making a different selection on the calling system. WE WERE TRANSFERRED 4 TIMES at the Aspen Dental Corporate Offices!

Not only am I upset about the billing, but I was trying to purchase a home and found out that I was turned over to collections for a billing that never should've existed! This took points off my credit, of course made a derogatory mark on my credit. On this final call, Aspen confirms a billing address, which was incorrect, then my carrier states that because this bill is so old that it will likely be denied. The customer service billing person there said she would just update the bill by ledger for $19 paid. I insisted on getting a copy of this with Aspen's letterhead - sent to me by email. I had to a dispute this with all 3 bureaus, put my home aspirations on hold to get my points back and/or up and get this off my credit.

I went in and they said my appointment was 40 minutes later. Not true. Then when I got into the x-ray room, the machine was wobbling back and forth a quarter inch. I thought that's not good. The machine was rusty and corroded in places. The lady said my teeth were very bad. She was just the flunkey x-ray lady not the doctor. Then I had to go wait in the waiting room again for another 15 minutes. The lady took me to the payment hot seat room and asked me how I would be paying for all of the procedures before she even gave them to me. $9,000.00 and then another $2,600.00 for some other place to do some hard root canals. It would take over 17 visits. I just wanted a simple cleaning. My teeth feel fine. I told the lady I think I am gonna study on it a little first. The doctor looked like almost a teenager. I will make another post after I visit my regular dentist.

I had an old crown to start hurting on Thursday, got up friday am after sleepless night. Called Aspen Dental to get... at least get some antibiotics, since my gum was swelled. I was told they could get me in on Tuesday which was five days away. I say "you mean IM suppose to deal with this infection/Abscess until then?" "Well that is the first time we can see you... so if you have an emergency go somewhere else!!!" My last experience I will ever have at this company and advise the same and will be glad to spread the word to others in my company 1/27/2017.

Took my cousin in for the free exam. She has 6 teeth. She got the xrays and consultation. They recommended a deep cleaning. All sounded good, until speaking with the office manager. She quoted a price of $565!!! For 6 teeth!!! A ripoff, scam. Beware.

Worst dental experience. Cut up my mouth trying to take x-rays. Paid financial person in her office IN FULL before any procedures. They add things to your bill without explanation. Now we're getting bills in the mail. Go someplace else.

I had my teeth pulled out and went to Aspen Dental to get upper and lower dentures with insurance I had bought for dental. After the original pricing of 4200.00, once we got temp dentures and waited 3 months after having my teeth pulled 4 months before, what the dentist said was gum shrinkage. What a CROCK. The dentist took my overbite totally so that I could not chew properly. Once I received the final dentures the bottom ones would not stay in even with a lot of Fixodent and the dental response was "Use Fixodent to keep them in" and barely tried to align the dentures correctly as the Dentist wanted to charge 25,000 to put posts. SO basically I paid 4200 to get top dents as my bottom ones are horribly fit and if I want a realign after first refit it will be 250. That is almost as bad as the secretary that greets patients. She is meaner than a rabid dog. They also say I have a 38.00 credit that I will not get back. It is not the money it is the purpose.

Went to get dentures. They for whatever reason sent me to another dental practice but not before I went once before to set things up. My complaint is... If you can't do the work you claim why waste my time having to drive 1hr one way.. What a waste of time. What a scam.

First of all, they say free x-rays and exam. No insurance it's free. But with insurance, $80.00 for x-rays (Insurance fraud?). The Dentist that removed my husband's wisdom teeth after giving him at least 20 shots in his mouth to numb around where he was pulling, said, "This is why we give ** for infection, so the numbing meds will work better." They didn't give him ANYTHING for infection before the teeth were removed. So my husband had to endure the last of the 4 teeth pulled not numbed. And had to shut the door because he was telling so much. Needless to say we were back today 2 weeks after canceling the cleaning and the $138.00 power toothbrush easily written into the financing. And we'll see so far the write off $550 of the bill and are to speak with the owner, Doctors and will get back with us!

I broke a molar & needed emergency care so I googled 'emergency dentistry' in my area. I made an appointment with Aspen Dental that ended up being canceled 2 times by them because they are "short staffed". I finally got in to see them & they told me I had $8,000 worth of work that needed done on all of my teeth then tried to convince me to get a root canal on the broken molar. I declined and asked to have it extracted. They wrote me a prescription for antibiotics and nothing for the extreme pain I was in (even after I requested something/anything for the pain). They made an appointment for me to come back for the tooth extraction 20 days later.

A few days before my scheduled appointment they call me to tell me they needed to reschedule for the following month. Needless to say I was irate and demanded to be seen, so they made an appointment for another location. When I arrived I was extremely nervous and the receptionist told me that if my blood pressure was too high they wouldn't see me. She told me they ran my insurance and what I owed so I paid the difference with my Health Savings Account. Finally I was called back to a room and sat for 15 minutes, waiting. The doctor came in, never introducing himself but instead said, "You're not going to get a root canal?" I said, "no". He followed up with, "So, you're going to have it pulled?" in a condescending tone and then he left the room.

When he came back he sat down, shined the light on my face and said, "You know, if you didn't have this cavity I wouldn't have to pull the tooth" and then he started to put a needle in my mouth! I totally wasn't prepared! I received the shots and he said he would be back. I sat in a room for 34 minutes when he finally came back with a nurse. He began to pull my tooth and my head was shifting back and forth because he was rocking the tooth so hard. This went on for about 7-10 minutes and then he asked the nurse for another tool. She left the room and came back with it. He proceeded to pull and rock my tooth (all the while my head was rocking back and forth still). For what seemed like an hour went by but was really 10 minutes it finally came out. He gave the tooth to the nurse and walked out of the room. I was sweating and shaking, the nurse talked to me until I calmed down a bit. Then she brought me out to the reception area.

The receptionist was so involved in her conversations with her coworkers I had to sit in front of her and wait until she was done talking about all of their lunches and when she would be back at this particular location to see all of them again. Then she looked at me and said, "because the doctor had to use unexpected instruments there are additional charges." I said, "Are you going to run it through my insurance first?". She laughed, "It's only $7. You can pay that!".

So I gave her my credit card, she ran it through, gave me my receipt and said, "Have a nice day." I then had to ask if there was a follow-up appointment, she said "no". And then I asked about the gauze in my mouth, when I should change it and how often. She replied, "Change it every 20 minutes until you don't see anymore blood" then she turned her back to me and proceeded to talk to her coworkers. I was FLOORED! I will never go back to Aspen Dental and if I hear anyone bring up this dentistry I will advise them to go elsewhere and explain why. I have never had an experience like this before, it was horrible!!!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Aspen Dental practices are individually owned and operated but share a commitment to similar values, like compassion and respect, and receive business support from Aspen Dental Management, Inc. There are almost 550 Aspen Dental practices across the United States serving over 3.7 million patients a year.

• Options: Aspen Dental offer four styles of full dentures and three styles of partial dentures, so patients can find a denture product that meets their needs and budget. They also offer single tooth implant and implant-supported dentures.
  • On-site denture lab: All Aspen Dental locations have an on-site dental lab. This allows patients to get their dentures, implants, crowns and bridges as fast as possible.
  • Guarantee: Aspen Dental offers a money-back guarantee on all dentures, both full and partial sets. If patients are unhappy, they have three months to return the dentures and request a full refund.
  • General dentistry: Aspen Dental practices offer a wide array of dental services in addition to dentures and implants. Those looking for a dentist to meet all their oral health needs will appreciate this variety of services.
  • Costs and discounts: Interested consumers can visit the website for their local Aspen Dental location to see a list of fees for all available services. They can also find available deals and special pricing offers listed on the website.
  • Best for consumers who want a single dentist for all their needs and those who need service quickly.

Compare Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions