1.11/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 22, 2017

598 Aspen Dental Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I went to see them as I needed to replace my top teeth and I asked about the implants... Told me $10,000.00. They pulled my top teeth and while I was in the chair. They stuck a paper in front of me and said, "Sign this to complete the procedure." I did, they continued to pull teeth, I was not put to any kind of sleep. They gave me temporary top denture. I paid them $1,800 on my credit card and the finance company gave the $2,400. I had been approved for 8,000.00. Then I read the paper they stuck under my face to sign and I was devastated. No warranty and if they fell out or broke I would have to fix myself. They were not very good rating. I called the finance company as they paid them the other $5,200. dollars before my work was completed for the top dentures. I was told to ask for a refund and go somewhere else.

I called them and said I cancel the procedure and wanted a refund of the $5,200. I then wrote a letter to the finance company to get my refund as the work had not been done and I canceled the procedure. I have already seen a dentist and he will put my top dentures in with a more permanent screws as he told me the one from Aspen would eventually fall out. As of today I am still waiting for my refund so I can pay the new certified dentist. It has been over 30 days. Does not look good. They should not have paid them the money before I received the top dentures... I HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO RUN NOT WALK AWAY FROM THERE FAST.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Aspen Dental is not a place of quality. First off they lie about cost of dental, time of completion, and poor dental. I had crowns made and upon getting them the dentist had a tech choose the color which was too yellow under light compared to my natural teeth, they were put on crooked and also poorly formed. They were not right. Within the day I called and told them about the problems and not happy. They wouldn't do anything! I have had the crowns for exactly May 2016 and one has fallen off. And the others are hurting! I'm so upset. I made a appointment with another dentist who said Aspen should fix it. So I went to Aspen and they wanted to charge me to look at it, x-rays, and consultation. $97.00! No way.

I refused to pay for a crown that should last more than 10-30 years. I have 2 crowns on from 1980 and still holding! So of course I am upset. I was told I'm not under any warranty and they need to be paid to look. I would rather pay another dentist to fix it so it’s permanently right than have anyone in Aspen Dental touch my teeth again. Do not go to Aspen Dental. Ripped off for $3500 of poor quality and dental care. Went to Aspen Dental in Plover Wisconsin.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

1st on my 2nd visit I asked for my balance and after being told the amt I wrote a check, next visit a week later I was told I still had a balance... Huh? NEXT, what a rip off in some of their 'services', I was told they would 'give' me a toothpaste, then charged me $24.80 for a travel size of toothpaste, the same happened with mouthwash they were 'giving' me and on my bill it was listed for $25.60... Are they kidding??? I did not catch these two items until after I paid for them but I did catch a charge of $135.00 for a toothbrush, they would also 'give' to me... I caught the last charge before I paid so therefore I did not pay. I walked out and I will not return.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

My original cleaning was schedule for 2 months ago. I was told I had to reschedule due to a staff meeting! Now today I was scheduled for a cleaning and was called and told my appointment has to be rescheduled again!!! The soonest they can get me in is 4 months from now!! That’s 6 months overdue! This isn’t my first horrible experience at Traverse City Michigan Aspen Dental.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

My husband went to Aspen Dental for his first examine. When done they quoted a price then I even called to make sure that it was the right amount because the money was coming out of his retirement fund. We was quoted 1654.00 and insurance would pay 565.00 of that so we needed 1089.00 in cash and they was asked not once but at least three times if that covered everything upper & lower deep cleaning & two fillings and I was told yes that is what he would need. And I was placed on hold even while the girl went and checked with someone and when she came back on she said that is the amount he will 1089.00 for everything.

Then the day he goes into have his work done which he was told it would be done all at once and it was not and they did the gum first instead of the bottom gum when the bottom was the worst one. So after they did the top they told him that he would have to come back in two more appts to finish. They then told him he would need another 476.00 to finish his work. Then they billed him for an electric toothbrush without asking him first if he wanted to pay for it and that was 135.00 out of pocket that we did not need to pay for because he could have went to Walmart and got a cheaper one plus he was charged for two copays and there is still questions on some of these other charges also.

I got into a argument with them over the phone about owing more money and they told me I was confused. Well let me tell you something I work with the elderly with confusion and honey I am not confused that I can damn well be sure of but you cannot say that you guys messed up. You put extractions down and that was not what he was having done to his bottom teeth he was saving them and they was told that from the get go. there was not going to be no false teeth. And anyway if he was charged for extraction that you say the bill states then why are we paying anything? You need to be the ones that eat the mistake not us. Then in the other hand you say he was to get these extractions down why did you just say, "Look there was a mistake and we will just correct it and you can pay the difference between the two." No you got smart mouthed and then said, "We are willing to work with you and you could make payments."

Then he comes into his second appt. and you say you have to check with someone if he can pay 50.00 on it first then you come out and say, "No it has to be paid in full." So you lied to us about being willing to work with us and guess what? I was on speakerphone so everyone in the house when I was on the phone heard her say they would work with us on the payments no they wanted us to go through that CareCredit card and my husband came out from the back and said, "Let's go," and I said to the girl Katlyn, "I thought you said because of your mistake you was going to work with him now you are not."

Well I guess we will get an attorney on this one. And we left and went to another dentist office and got appointments for the both of us and I want to say one more thing before we went to Aspen Dental that day we was told by a few people how they would not go back to them because they are just too crazy on their prices and they are not very professional people in that office and that is by people that run their own business that have gone there and left and went to another dentist and much happier and cost much less too and they do not get charged for everything that those people touch either like they charge you at Aspen. I would not go there and I would not advise anyone to go there either. They are not what they make themselves out to be. Almost all their advertisements false because they do not care about their patients they only care about the old mighty dollar. And they lie too!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspen Dental?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Made appointment for a Wednesday. Came in early. Had never been so extra paperwork was required. I knew already from last year's x-rays dentures were in my future. I have researched prices and every denture made. However did not research certain places So went to this one at Aspen Dental on Kingston Pike in front of West Town Mall, Knoxville TN.

As we go back, I am given a typical x-ray and hygenist starts going on about my certain case as we walk all through the office. Although a privacy act was signed, everyone there is listening to my business. I'm sat in a chair... and asked several other questions not pertaining to my teeth or even close, rarely, but at times discussing my health. Also there in that room there is also no privacy as it is also a shared room. An hour goes by... of mostly waiting and As I thought the dentist comes for approximately 4 minutes and says I need dentures. I'm told it would all be simple extractions. We were sent straight to a desk and handed a price of $8700. With 5600 out of pocket. We were floored.

As we show shock, the lady doing this obvious marketing scam on us gets less sincere and more pushy. We were never shown a detailed price list. The folder that held that detail was held under her elbows. Next she gives us the cheapest set dentures tally, only AFTER we are denied care credit. Except the price was still for the second highest set I had already seen online. Still not allowed to see the price details. She gives a new price of 6800 and 4300 out of pocket. We feel helpless and we feel this is all the option we have. I have large cysts in my mouth that are infected and need to come out. We end up putting $300 in cash down until able to bring more money, until the full amount is brought to them in full. (Because they wont pull a few at a time. They want the full amount and only then will they start work.)

Then she hands the folder ONLY as we are standing up and walking out of the door. But not without me having to ask for my antibiotic prescription 5 times. Once we get down the road we find that each tooth was being charged 170 to our insurance. That was not the simple extraction price. That once they knew we had insurance they price gouged every single item on the list. And still had us paying 1299 for an upper denture and 1299 for a lower our cost. We called and asked them to explain the extra charges. They answered one time until they found out we were weary, they put us on hold and never came back and would never answer our calls again.

It Took 3 days of calling everyone in the directory to finally get ahold of complaint line. Where they transferred us right to them. They put us on hold and hung up, not to answer again. We called complaint department back who then pretends to be sincere and says a regional manager will call within 24 hours... That never comes... 3 times doing this... and they never call. So as with refund it was supposed to have been processed the next day. We paid in cash but have never seen it. We called again today and was told another story. It's been 4 weeks and nothing. No calls. No letters. No nothing. I want my money back Aspen Dental. My kids need that! I only had x-rays that day. No impressions done. Nothing else done. My insurance was charged almost $300 for that.

I saw that it was also taken when I logged into my insurance website. There were no other dental appointments made or billed to this particular policy before Aspen. That was the thing too. They told us one price for that appointment but it was triple within 3 days and I had ONLY simple x-ray. We ended up going to Affordable Dentures who also just pull a tooth at a time if you just need that. They were cheaper than using insurance but give you a filled out claim form to turn into insurance for reimbursement. You get that money back in 2 weeks. Dentures and extractions all done in one day and cost a 1/10 of what Aspen Dental does. Very nice and very accommodating. Aspen Dental is a predatory business.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I made an appointment to have a tooth extraction and during the visit they recommend that I have a deep gum cleaning which required a 60 percent deposit that totaled 330 dollars which was paid by me. The following week had the tooth extracted which was covered by my insurance they said, while there I cancelled the deep cleaning and was told that it would be approx 4 days before the money would be put back into my account. 2 weeks later I called as the money wasn't returned and was told that they had to wait and see if I owed any money that my insurance didn't pay. I told them that the cleaning was a completely different matter, nowhere on the paperwork was anything about a tooth extraction.

After almost a month, they said the insurance covered the extraction except for 40 dollars, which they deducted from the 330. The tooth extraction and the deep cleaning were two entirely different matters, told them they were scammers, many times I have received notices for payments that my insurance did not cover from doctors or hospital visits, like co-pays, etc, which I always pay. They should have returned my money within 4 days and sent me a bill for the 40 dollars. Now let's see if I get the 290 back.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

So in July 2016 I went to Aspen Dental for an exam to have my teeth pulled. 13 Total and have dentures. I have several infected teeth at the time and the Dr. would not prescribe any antibiotics. So around July 1st I had all the teeth pulled. The nurse took my blood pressure and it was 245/162 but she still told him to proceed. So as he was pulling the teeth infection was coming out and the assistant was sucking it up. Needless to say I was bleeding to death then I got up and they put the dentures in and they would not stay in my mouth. Way to big. So I went home with no pain meds, antibiotics or anything I laid for 5 days bleeding and crying. I was so sick. Then I went to work with a mask on my face because I had so much infection.

Came home that Friday went to bed about 6 pm Got up Saturday morning with a STROKE. My boyfriend took me to BJC in St. Louis where I stayed for a week. So since all of this I still have a hard time walking, talking, remembering things, etc. I lost my job and can no longer work. I have went to other dentists and they wouldn't even touch me telling me that I should have went to an oral surgeon. I didn't realize that ASPEN DENTAL works off of commission. So now they are suing me for 4774.00! This was to include 2 sets of dentures and pulling of teeth, Well the 1st ones won't even stay in my mouth and I never received the 2nd set but they are trying to make me pay for teeth I don't have and can't use. I refuse to pay because they have destroyed my life. They can have their stupid dentures and stick them where the Sun don't shine. If you value your health don't go there. Location Farmington MO.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I strongly recommend against using Aspen Dental (Wedgewood Lane) for bridge work. I did NO research on them prior to my appointment... A sad mistake by me!!! I have had bridgework done since about my later teens. (I am 77 now). NEVER have I experienced even the slightest problem. At this location, the Temporary that was installed was not a problem. However, the permanent bridge is a real disaster. After much discussion, the dentist stated, strongly, that the bridge was fine. He advised that I should go home... that I would get used to the bridge. The owner concurred with that assessment. The situation is only deteriorating as time passes.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Beware of Aspen Dental. I went there as a new patient and was expecting to have my teeth cleaned as well as a checkup. Upon the initial new patient x rays I was told that I possibly had very early signs of Periodontal Disease. They recommended a treatment. They advised me to go to sit down with an employee there and set that up as well as my cleaning. The associate then said I would need to pay $1800.00 after insurance to have the treatment done before they would clean my teeth. Big time BAIT AND SWITCH!!! Needless to say I said no to the treatment and wanted just the cleaning which again they refused and then tried to make up every excuse that I had to do it and they could set up payment plans. I did leave and am going to report them to every agency that I can!

Upon doing further research I have found out that Aspen Dental was recently involved in a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. (The suit among other issues accused Aspen Dental of upselling patients with unnecessary treatments, thereby maximizing profits). DO NOT GO TO ASPEN DENTAL!!! They will bait and switch you and I can see how they would make the most gullible people fall for this scam!!! Just type in Aspen Dental Class Action Lawsuit and read the lawsuit for yourself!!! Here is just one of many pages on the Class Action Lawsuit of high pressure sales, deceiving practices, consumer fraud and conversion!!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I received a card from Aspen dental inviting me to be a client, offering me free Xrays, cleaning and exam. I went to see them and set an appointment. I forgot my invitation, the receptionist said it was ok since I have dental insurance. I won't need it. She said my dental insurance would cover my Xrays and exam. So I proceeded with my visit, only to be very disappointed with the outcome. After the Dentist examined my teeth. They took me to a financial office where I was told how much my dental insurance would cover and how much I would have to pay.

I felt like I was being coerced and taken advantage of. I refused to continue any service with them. Next thing I'm being sent an outstanding balance of $121 for Xrays. I called the dental office and explained to them that I was told I would not owe them anything that my dental insurance would cover all of my expenses. They said I signed paperwork that I would pay what my insurance didn't pay. They lied to me upfront misleading me to sign for something I didn't agree to. Now they have turned my account over to a collection agency, which is harassing me. I'm a retired life insurance agent of 27 yrs. When an agent lies to a client it's not binding and an agent could be fired. How many times does Aspen dental get by with lying to the people? There certainly seems to be a lot of complaints!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I went to the Gaylord, MI office for a check-up. It had been about two years since a cleaning and I had been having pain in a crowned tooth. The initial appointment was fine. X-rays, checked the teeth but no cleaning which I thought was odd. They set up a treatment plan to replace my filling and crown my bottom tooth. I said ok and work started the following week. The filling went fine but I was in so much pain from the temporary crown. They couldn't get a good mold for the permanent so I came back about a week later. Second temporary crown felt better than the first but I was still waking up with extreme pain in the middle of the night.

About a week later I went in to get the perm crown in. I could still feel it four shots later and it took three people to get the temp off my tooth. I let them know I was having extreme pain still and sensitivity and asked about a root canal. The dentist told me I would need a crown lengthening beforehand or have the tooth pulled. Have you looked up a crown lengthening? No thank you. I told her I would get back to her. Here comes third temp crown with even more sensitive and pain.

Flash forward a few days later and my crown came off. I went to the Kalamazoo/Portage location and this dentist told me the previous dentist did a shoddy job and he can't replace the temp crown. He can however do the root canal that should have been done over a month prior. After reading reviews on HIS shoddy work, I had him pull it. I can't live with the pain anymore and guess I'll have to spend money on an implant. Not by him of course, that guy was a real winner. Moral of the story - just don't go to them. Both branches I went, I had issues with.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

What a shady operation. I was told I would receive free examination and xrays. I first waited 45 minutes when no one else was in the waiting room. Then when I was seen I wanted them to look at the broken filling and not take the time for a full x-ray. My current condition was not even reviewed and I was immediately sold on a set of dentures, asked to sit for a full exam and full x-rays, and then sit with the office mgr. to discuss moving forward. I declined. Told them how uncomfortable I was with the fast sell technique and had to think about it. Today, I received a bill for $308.00. What a ripoff...

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I went in to have a one bridgework done, and $3,000.00 and some change later with great insurance am very very dissatisfied with their billing of my insurance. Well it seems they get you in to sign now now now! A contracted price for your work, and they tell you they won’t use it all, however they do not tell you they will be cheating you and only submitting what they want to through your insurance in network. I found out through my insurance company (by calling and checking) they only submitted a portion of the cost through my full coverage dental insurance plan.

They submitted to me over 50% not covered out of network (on the same job now) and the rest they so graciously submitted through my insurance, (I chose this dental office because they told me they were in network for me) I never signed anything or was told anything this would take place. Anyway I have been trying to get the ASPEN Dental office in Tallahassee to send it all through my insurance and I am having a difficult time, (6 months now) can you imagine if they did this to everyone they would make BILLIONS illegally by not submitting your entire bill through your insurance company. I'm Livid!! And I will be calling my attorney and opening an audit, and we will just see how many people they ripped off this way!! They ripped me off of 1,005.00 dollars per my insurance agent (on one tooth job). Unbelievable/wrong on so many levels/unaware/illegal/ show me where I agreed for them to only submit portions of this bill through my insurance.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I have sent this email to Aspen Dental. Please Read!!! Was going to come to get some dental work done until I stopped the commercial to read the fine print. 29.99% interest charge from the purchase date and not on balance left. Just the 29.99% is ridiculous. How outrageous is that! Loan Sharks is what your business is. I will be forwarding this to our local Consumer Reporter at the TV Station. They love to report on scams like this. You will not get my business or from anyone I can tell this to. You will get slammed on social media. CROOKS!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I visited Aspen Dental in Columbia, SC on Garners Ferry Road because it was close and I needed a cleaning as it had been six months. I arrived and they took a bunch of expensive x-rays that I was not due for and could have been transferred from previous dentist. After my exam, they told me that I needed a service which would be $1900 and a regular cleaning would not help me. But, I would only need to give them $700 and my insurance would pay the rest. I walked out and then received a bill for $108 for x-rays that I did not need. I made an appointment with my old dentist in Summerville, SC and they confirmed what I already knew. Regular cleaning covered by insurance with no out of pocket. These guys are a bunch of crooks.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

First of all, when you make an appointment, they harass the hell out of you to remind you. It starts two weeks before the appointment date. I get texts, calls, and emails, and I didn't sign up for any of that, nor am I that absent-minded that I would need so many reminders. I tried to opt out of the emails and they said they had no control over it at the office. Really? So I have to call a separate office to get removed from email reminders at YOUR office? Makes no sense to me. Then once you're there and service is over, they treat you like a criminal and literally escort you to the cashier to make sure you pay. Even though I asked for an itemized bill, they always manage to come up with extra charges after I pay.

They also like to charge you for future visits, which makes no sense to me. Don't show me what I owe until that day and service is actually done. It's like my balance is never at $0. They are money hungry and with good insurance, I still paid too much. I had a filling put into a tooth and the dentist constructed it so poorly that I went back twice in pain. She was nice enough to redo the filling for free, but she should have gotten it right the first time. And guess what? The tooth is still in pain. Needless to say I'm shopping for a new dentist and won't be returning to that awful place.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

As stated by previous reviewer, wish I could also give a minus rating... Avoid this place at all costs! Speaking of costs, their entire business model is strictly that: business of generating money even when procedures are not necessary. I concur with previous posts (MH, Emily **, Richard **. and Tim **) re: exaggerated estimates, unnecessary "deep cleaning" vs. regular... I went here after moving to Hagerstown: had regular semi-annual cleans, no problem. First time out here after ridiculous marketing work up with their "no cost " thorough exam on intake (you cannot refuse this or they will not see you as a patient).

They came back with exaggerated work I had NEVER been recommended by my previous dentist of 15 years! Arrogant office manager would not even allow me to sign waiver re: their recommendations just so I could receive regular cleaning! AVOID--AVOID--AVOID! Have reported their ethical (or lack thereof) practices to my insurer. PS I will probably receive a bogus reply from the "owner" saying "sorry for your experience, please call our customer satisfaction line...etc." Yeah, what a joke.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

You have to buy temporary then a permanent? It's sad if you buy only the first denture. You're stuck with it after a few weeks or 6 mos (can't remember exact). If you don't like it!! And if you can't buy the second one which is permanent, too bad! I can't afford to buy it. I paid over 1,000 with my ins and me just for a bottom denture and no benefits to it! If you buy second bottom denture they cost more and you get service alignments always! But not on the temp. You're stuck with it. If it hurts your mouth 6 months down the road or anything, too bad!! I've never heard of this before? I know others who have got dentures at affordable dentures and they told me you only need buy one denture or 2. If you need top and bottom that's it. I was told this wasn't right.

Aspen calls them ComfyLytes I do believe. I wish I could afford ComfyLytes! Plus they come with all the benefits you don't have to worry about what if your teeth don't fit you or if you need adjustments. But what about people who don't have credit and on low income? It's all about money with this company. And I paid that money to have the dentist tell me 'your daughter can help you' when she is doing an alignment! Just because my daughter is a D.A. doesn't mean she can realign dentures plus what did I pay Aspen for??? Plus she doesn't have equipment to align dentures or any way to do it. They never made me an appt either to come back in 3 weeks for a soft realignment. I never got any instructions on how to use a denture or anything not even one of those boxes you use to put your teeth in to clean them or whatever!

I've never had a denture before so I didn't know how to eat with them or how to put them in my mouth!! Coz they were so big! I had to open wide to get them in my mouth and stretch my lips! I was told to just turn them sideways to put them in. But why didn't I get any instructions or anything? Not even an appt as when to come back? I guess it's like, "Well we got your money." So, beware. First denture is expensive and then your permanent denture is expensive too!! You know the saying you're up --- creek without a paddle? I won't say the word but you can fill in the blanks.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

When I originally went to Aspen Dental, they were all too eager to help me. Unfortunately they told me that I had to have all but two of my teeth taken out. My wife and I decided that it was time to replace MY teeth with better teeth that I could use to chew and digest food!! Naturally we went for the most expensive ones the ones that would last 10 years. The price was pretty high, but I didn't have insurance, so they give me a percentage off because I was paying cash. I want to let you all know that I am a teeth grinder, I am 56 years old and have been grinding most of my life. Therefore I didn't have much teeth left. I've been unable to chew food even though I have my permanent dentures for close to 4 months.

I've been in a lot of pain recently lately, as time went on. I had teeth pulled rather than have them capped, because the expense was high. Back to Aspen Dental they had an appointment for me within 4 days of the initial visit when they removed all of my teeth except to they gave me a temporary partial that they said I would probably need to have adjustments on and soft line within a few weeks. And it would take six months before I could get my permanent dentures. Over the past few months and this started in February 2017 I've had nothing but problems with my teeth and my gums even where they didn't pull any teeth out is extremely sore. I've had bad experiences such as weight gain, not being able to chew food properly. Also with certain members of the staff not caring in my opinion about my wellbeing. While others try to do the best they can to make me happy.

Unfortunately yesterday October 3rd I went to Aspen Dental for an appointment to have the bottom plate adjusted for the fifth time. While putting the bottom in, I received injuries to my gums, and they tell me now that I have to start rinsing with salt water again until they heal, injuries that occurred while they were putting my teeth in I have to deal with now. They also suggested that I don't put my teeth in unless I'm going to eat something. They had me chew on some cotton to see it where the pain was and it seems that there's pain in the bottom of my mouth no matter what I do. I'm not happy with the service because they can't seem to get the problems corrected. I think I made a big mistake by not doing enough research with this company. The company advertised through a NASCAR Sprint Cup team that I like a lot. I figured that they would not be giving bad service to people that are represented of the team.

I certainly plan on filing a claim against them for failure to make me happy with my new teeth. Let's all keep in mind the reason why I got the teeth wasn't because of vanity, it was because I didn't have any teeth to chew food with anymore. I feel that they failed in their promise to make me happy. I've had all kinds of pain and I'm definitely not happy.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I arrived at Aspen in distress. I had an abscessed tooth and was in pain and in need of relief. After the exam, I was provided with a treatment plan, that included expensive treatments and a first appointment to begin root planing. When I reminded them that I was in pain and wanted my tooth fixed and the pain abated, they said, "Oh okay, we can take care of that." Their priority was clearly my pocketbook, not my abscessed tooth or the pain I experienced. The treatment plan was confusing and the financial consequences, completely baffling. I asked them to explain, they tried, but were never successful. (I'm not an idiot. I'm a lawyer and judicial officer wholly capable of understanding the complex. I don't think it was their intention that I understand.)

My abscessed tooth was repaired at Aspen, and a month later the pain returned. The dentist then said, I needed a root canal. (Duh? I could have told them that the day I first appeared.) I was sent to an endodontist who performed the root canal and returned me to Aspen to repair the crown Aspen placed on my tooth (which should have been installed after the root canal). I was told there would be no additional charge to repair the crown (duh) and was told by the business office, I owed Aspen nothing more. Predictably, I received another bill from Aspen. I sent a letter to billing asking for clarification and was ignored. Three bills later, recognizing the battle was more costly than the bill, I paid it. At the end of my first appointment, I was tempted to move on and find another dentist, because my pocketbook, not my health, seemed to be Aspen's concern. I didn't and now wish I would have.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I had all my top teeth removed. I have had several come relines only to have my teeth not stay in teeter toddler not being able to chew and simply fall out. I am supposed to get my permanent dentures next week. I had a doctor tell me there's a bone in the roof of my mouth that needs to be surgically removed in order for my dentures to fit properly. The owner told me I don't need the surgery. They will fit just fine. What do I do? I am expecting a call from the regional manager whole flight on Monday.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

March 2017 my wife visited Aspen and received a dental exam and a list of problems she would need corrected. We agreed to the prices and the work was accomplished over the next few weeks. She had to schedule several visits for adjustments to a partial lower plate. She finally gave up on getting it to where it would not be painful to use. The total bill was approximately $4000.00. Now we get another bill for $272.15, 6 months after original in full billing. When questioned they say it was for two procedures left off the original bill.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Six months after completion of dental work totaling $2,500, got a bill for $849. This after excruciatingly clear discussion with office manager to make sure what was quoted for the work was correct. Some bogus story that my insurer, METLIFE Dental didn't approve some portion of Aspen's charges. I disputed the charges and they were finally REDUCED to $349 which I agreed to pay. The dental work was good. The business practices are obscene. I knew going in about their numerous pitches for dental health, expensive preparation before any work done; press for regular visits and cleaning but decided to go ahead with the work. Because I was aware from various blogs of their tactics, I was careful about going over a treatment plan but they still caught me. Could not, under any circumstance do anything but warn people they are in for a "bumpy road" with this corporate dentistry.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

My daughter went to the Aspen Dental in Columbus GA and was advised that she has 6 cavities that need fillings. During the review the dental assistant and the dentist was consulting among themselves and couldn't come up with the correct amount of cavities they claimed she had. After they left my daughter looked up to me and said, "Mom they are lying cause I know I take care of my teeth." They advised that my bill after insurance would be $800, so we scheduled for another day. A couple months later I decided to take her to a Medicaid dentist and this is where they advised me that she has no cavities at all. I asked again and they assured me there was no cavities. I haven't talked back to Aspen Dental since. Be careful working with this company cause they almost got me out of $10000 of false claims.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I'm a PPO patient who comes to dentist regularly every 6 month for cleaning and check up. Last cavities filled in 5 years ago. First time customer and visit to Aspen 9/19/17, dental insurance mistakenly changed to DHMO and has been PPO for years. Cigna DHMO requires to go to ASPEN for initial assessment of the entire mouth before any cleaning. First things of business was an x-ray of every single tooth front and back. I was subjected to pain of sharp edges inside my mouth with weight pressure to hold still for every single tooth 32 times. The square edges were pushing against hard and soft pallet, cutting in the sublingual papilla. I could taste blood in my mouth. I asked the non certified x-ray technician why must it hurt to get an x-ray when it never hurt before? She stated, "Your mouth is too small for it." Ohh my bad.

I was told by a dental hygienist that I have a serious gingivitis that needs an attention ($2,798.00). She also said that I am losing bones which is degeneration of my tooth, I have diseases and infections. She showed me pictures of my teeth and bone spaces. By the time she got done with me I thought I'm dying and have terminal illness that is needing a critical care. If I didn't know better I would have said, "Sign me in, I will sell my soul to the devil!" I had asked her a lot of question what is ASPEN and what does it do for their patients. She made it sound like they really care so much for your teeth but the cost is like Dental Hollywood. I asked her if the treatment will cure the infection she said "No" but it will prevent future damage. In other words my gum will be forever infected?

With all the grinding and coming and going of the staff it sounded like a mill saw. I asked if there's a Dentist in the building she stated, "Yeah and sometimes we have an Orthodontist in the building", kind of like Dental Hospital. I have two dentists from PPO. Neither one has told me I have a serious gingivitis that requires a series of treatment with injection of antibiotic between the gum. I'm very sure these 2 dentist passed their exam and license to treat and diagnosed gingivitis. The dentist here tells me that I have 2 cavities under the old filling that requires a Crown ($2,166.00) so that the cavity will never come back.

At the check out I asked for the print out of the cost for treating the infections and 2 crowns and an appointment for cleaning. The billing staff stated that I cannot come back for cleaning unless I agree to do the series of treatment because it must be done as part of the cleaning. This company is a scam! When you forced someone to think that your mouth is just so horrible and you're about to lose all of your teeth from nasty infections, well somebody is bound to do investigations with camera recording how these scammers gets away with it. DHMO needs to reconsider before losing big medical corporations.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I was extremely upset and very dissatisfied with the dental work I had done at Aspen! I had a full upper denture made (advertised for $399). They never even told me what my options were, I thought I was getting the denture special, not so. They gave me a much more expensive denture without saying one word to me. I also had a lower partial made. The temporary partial they made me never did fit and was way too painful to wear so I never wore it. I took it in and told them how painful it was so they added a little soft liner to it and stated they couldn't adjust the wires because they were too fragile. I left there still unable to wear it. So I had to pay for a temporary partial I couldn't even wear. I also had a few extractions which only left me with 5 of my own teeth left. They cleaned those 5 teeth with an electric toothbrush and charged me a whopping $1,300.

I would never have given my permission to do that! On my final visit I was supposed to get my permanent partial started but I had to sign giving them permission to charge me an additional $650 just to finish the partial they already started. For 6 months I couldn't use the temporary partial I was already charged for and in order for them to finish what they started. So, of course I signed it. I was sick to death of not having any teeth I could use comfortably. $3,500 was far from being an affordable price for such an inferior product. They still don't fit well, I have to use a "lot" of denture adhesive just to keep them in place. They won't stay in my mouth without it! My advice would be to avoid Aspen Dental like the plague! They will rob you blind and not think twice about it! I very deeply regret going there in the first place! Now I'm stuck with a huge dental bill at a very high interest rate through Care Credit. Take this as a "WARNING"... DO NOT GO THERE!!!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I went here to fix my broken tooth and they recommended cleaning and then crowning my teeth. After cleaning and putting a temporary crown I was feeling 2 of my teeth were hollow and painful. Then I figured out that the hygienist has removed part of my existing filling and the doctor grinded the tooth to cover her mistake while putting the temporary crown and when I went to ask them "why you have done this" they started treating me like some ** and argued that they have not done anything and they charged me for asking that.

Fixing my broken teeth messed up my 2 teeth and also the teeth where they had a crown requires root canal which was not recommended in the earlier stage because if you come back and ask them you have a problem then they will charge you more to get a root canal and fix the crown again. Also after cancelling an existing treatment they are not ready to pay back my money and they charge your insurance without your authorization. Now instead of giving my money back they are asking me for more money which is insane.

I spend over 1000$ out of my pocket and charged more than 1000$ to my insurance as well to fix a broken tooth and now I have to spend more again to get a root canal which they should have recommended earlier before putting the actual crown and 2 of my teeth needs proper filling which they have removed and they are not ready to pay my money back for which I have cancelled the treatment. This is totally a rip off center and nothing else. Please do not visit Aspen Dental Rinehart location at any cost, else your life will be screwed up.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

On Sept. 5 I went to Aspen Dental in Valdosta, GA because I had an abscess and needed a tooth pulled. My face was swollen and I told them I was in extreme pain. I was there just after 8 am. They took me back quickly and proceeded to do everything else but address my issue. This included a questionable gum disease sales pitch and a full barrage of different people until I declined the expensive treatment which had nothing to do with my pain. Then around 11:30 the DR. came in by himself, trying to hold multiple instruments by himself. This was the WORST treatment That I have ever had.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

On 9/13/17, my husband & I had appointments with this company. I was in just for a cleaning, he was going in for an update from previous visit. He also had a credit from paying for this procedure to pay for this appointment. So he was signing us in when the guy told him his visit would be $190, and mine would be $63. So he told him he had a credit for this appointment and the guy said no he did not. So my husband told him he was not paying for it and walked out. They wanted him to come back in to sign off that he refused treatment, but when I went out to tell him this he said no and he was not paying for anything. They tried to say he had gingivitis, that he had to pay that price UNTIL they said he was clear of it. He has never been diagnosed in previous years for that.

So, that done, on to me. I was ONLY in there for a cleaning (supposedly). So I get back there and she asked if I had any problems. I told her about 1 tooth that had been aching for a couple weeks. So she took 1 xray of that. Turns out it was probably from allergies, which I am having lately. So, lo and behold just with that 1 xray she comes up and says that I have a pocket. How convenient is that on that 1 xray? So, before she can even come clean my teeth she has me go up front to figure out how much I would have to pay for treatment to fix this problem (I have NEVER had these types of problems with my teeth, I have great teeth). So he figures this all out and it comes to "$1,544" NOT including cleaning. I told him, "NO. I am retired and on a budget."

This only the 2nd time we have seen them. The 1st time 6 mths ago, they came up with me needing things done that cost me "$1750", and my husband's was "$550". Now if he had gingivitis back then do you not think they would have told him that and would have cost him more than what he paid? Needless to say, we are finding a New Dentist. This company should be closed down for their money hungry antics.

Updated on 10/4/2017: I have now Confirmed that ASPEN Dental is a Complete Total FARCE Company. I went to another Dentist on 10/2/17. Said I had Beautiful Teeth and noted nothing wrong... Got my cleaning. And did NOT have to pay $1500-1700. Only thing they suggested I get was a mouth guard. WOW... I can live with that. PLEASE PLEASE People... DO NOT GO TO ASPEN DENTAL. Wasting your time and hard earned $$$. BYE BYE Aspen Dental... You Messed with the WRONG Person this time.

Aspen Dental expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Aspen Dental practices are individually owned and operated but share a commitment to similar values, like compassion and respect, and receive business support from Aspen Dental Management, Inc. There are almost 550 Aspen Dental practices across the United States serving over 3.7 million patients a year.

• Options: Aspen Dental offer four styles of full dentures and three styles of partial dentures, so patients can find a denture product that meets their needs and budget. They also offer single tooth implant and implant-supported dentures.

• On-site denture lab: All Aspen Dental locations have an on-site dental lab. This allows patients to get their dentures, implants, crowns and bridges as fast as possible.

• Guarantee: Aspen Dental offers a money-back guarantee on all dentures, both full and partial sets. If patients are unhappy, they have three months to return the dentures and request a full refund.

• General dentistry: Aspen Dental practices offer a wide array of dental services in addition to dentures and implants. Those looking for a dentist to meet all their oral health needs will appreciate this variety of services.

• Costs and discounts: Interested consumers can visit the website for their local Aspen Dental location to see a list of fees for all available services. They can also find available deals and special pricing offers listed on the website.

• Best for: consumers who want a single dentist for all their needs and those who need service quickly.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs