2.87/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Stow, OH

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

931 Aspen Dental Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I had my 1st cleaning done today with Maria. She immediately put me at ease & explained everything that was being done & why. I had no pain during the procedure, Maria was professional & caring before, during & afterwards. I was given a treatment plan to do at home with all the supplies I would need. I will need regular cleanings every 4 months because of my gums and bone loss. I would most definitely recommend Aspen Dental to my friends & family. In fact my husband is also being seen in this office & is comfortable with them.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Had a 5 PM appt, for perio cleaning. After cleaning, but not finished Dr called in. Said I lost part of a filling and they could do right away. Ok. When I left my fluoride treatment was not done. Also on bill shows Irrigation which also was not done. Called next day to go over "Treatment Plan" said I did not understand and did not that the fluoride treatment was not done. Response was "You didn't pay for it". Doesn't matter. It was charged to insurance and they shouldn't have top pay if not done! Ok, they would adjust.

Called insurance a few days later to ask what was billed and the fluoride treatment was billed. Said, "It never happened." Said I could or they would reach out to office. Said, "I would do that." Also on my "bill" I was billed for irrigation that again was not done. "Ok we will adjust." I paid a total of $200.00. Still don't think it is correct and was not filled w/ insurance correctly.

I will be calling, again, for a face to face explanation of the charges, what insurance told me and an acceptable explanation. Part of the confusion was that a scaling, etc. was needed and that was also on the bill. But since it was all run on 2 pages and not broken down what was done and what I paid for. I will follow up with review after I have an explanation! If you read other comments the billing is awful!

Get expert buying tips about Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 23, 2019

My mother's dentures broke while visiting me in Virginia Beach from out of state. We tried another nationally known company in VB where my mom's denture were made, but they refused to take any insurance for denture repairs and it would have cost $200. Aspen got us in the same day, fixed the dentures and filed all the insurance paperwork. My mom paid $ 10.50 co-pay. They were kind, understanding and very helpful! Thanks to all the people who helped us at the VB, Nimmo Parkway office.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Dr Katie, Abbey, Laura, Cortney, Kaylee, Tatjana, Courtney **. & Holly are THE nicest, most understanding folks I've ever encountered in a dental office. I have this unreasonable fear of all things dentist, but this office in High Point, NC was so kind to me. I can NOT thank them enough, plus my dentures are GORGEOUS!!! I even told Dr. Katie on at least two occasions that I was done and going home and she said, NO. LOL. So glad she talked me into continuing the process. PLUS the office is so nice and clean!!! Every time I've walked into this office, I get smiles, "hellos", and I feel as if somehow it's all going to be okay... And it is! I highly recommend this dentist office. Even if you are scared, buck up, and give Aspen Dental in High Point, NC a try. You'll be so very glad you did!!!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I have had extensive dental work done, since I was 7. I have bad teeth. To be honest, I probably did not brush as often and never flossed. I'm now 42. Last week, after having tooth pain for the last year, the pain was too much. After work, I was driving home and just asked Google for dentists near me. Luckily, Aspen was the closest.

I got in the next morning at 8:45 a.m. First I will share all I had done. I had a screening, Xrays and exam. From Tues Oct 30 until today Nov 6 2018 I had 7 fillings, a root canal, prep for 3 crowns. Keep in mind it had been 5+ years since I'd been in a dental chair. Now the staff. This was my experience at Aspen Dental in NORTH CHARLESTON. From the moment I walked in Leah, at the front desk, was friendly and compassionate. The hygienist Denise has a gentle touch and is extremely knowledgeable and great at explaining everything. Carol, Cheryl and Vanessa all assisted the dentists, Dr. ** and the other dentist who did my root canal.

All staff, and I do mean ALL staff were very friendly, compassionate, knowledgeable, caring and funny. I can honestly say that this was the best experience I've ever had at a dental office. The team is a dream team. My other experiences, at other practices (in Canada and other USA cities) were not bad... Just not this comfortable or accommodating. This IS a real review. I am a real person. My background is not in dentistry... so believe me I was just as scared as the next guy to have to even go in. Oh... I'm also not made of money. Robyn was the office gal who handles the finances. They helped me apply for and receive credit from a third party company to pay.

I will be a patient for life. After this experience I'm not worried days before about all that. I'm anticipating. Great staff! Great experience! I personally highly recommend. I'm originally from Calgary Alberta Canada. Adding that TidBit of info so people know I value polite and friendly service and so that no one thinks I wrote a review because I'm related to anyone who works there. I am not. Just a real person who is highly satisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspen Dental?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Setting the appointment was easy enough- on-line, user friendly. That's where it ended. I go in and had to fill out a ton of paperwork on top of what I did on-line. Fine. I get that. Then took endless (and very painful) x-rays (it's not supposed to hut is it?) and was ushered to a room, and proceeded to wait about 15 minutes for the salesman- I mean doctor to come in and go over the x-rays. I got the standard spiel, "Teeth look good, get a softer brush, you have one cavity that we need to get filled." Then the doctor (who kept wiping his runny nose with his hand) told me that I needed to get a "deep cleaning" and the benefits of the deep cleaning, get an up-to-this-point non problematic wisdom tooth out that may cause troubles in the future and get that cavity filled. I'm good with all of that, until the finance lady took me to her office.

Even with my insurance that pays 100% until we start talking about crowns and dentures- including extractions and periodontal services- I'm still paying $600. That's not as much as some of the other people have reported, but when you have 100% coverage, no deductible, that amount is pretty upsetting. I was offered their financing plan. NO thanks! Not when my insurance covers 100%! I asked for explanation and was told that the extraction was considered a surgical extraction, and that my insurance only covers 60% of the deep cleaning. I checked with my insurance agent and documentation and I call B.S. I have spoken with their finance gal again and she suggested that she call back the insurance company and re-evaluate. Yes, I suggest you do that. In the meantime, I will collect my x-rays (I asked if they belong to me) and will go somewhere else while she is checking. All I went in for was a standard cleaning and a tooth filling. :(

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Going to Aspen Dental has been a nightmare. Only had 5 bottom teeth left in my bottom so I had the rest removed and they just threw in a temporary plate in my mouth which hurt like hell over the sore gums. I am now on week three and can't wear the plate due to too much pain. I would never recommend Aspen Dental to anyone. Bad, bad place to go. They are very expensive and none of them know what the hell they are doing.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

I went in needing to have both bottom molars attended to. Work that I knew would probably be expensive, but was prepared to pay. I was not however prepared to be told that they would need to do hygiene work before I was ever able to get the actual teeth worked on. But even so, I agreed that I would undergo planing and scaling before the crowns etc were attended to. The office assistant was not available during my visit, and I agreed that she could contact me later. I was happy enough to do that, and was looking forward to working with this office.

That was until I got the email with an estimate of the cost of what I had thought would be a relatively straightforward planing and scaling procedure.... I was absolutely shocked to see that even after insurance I would be paying over $1200, and that was expected to be done before she ever even worked on my teeth. She had set up some crazy plan that included about 12 uses of a very expensive antibiotic, causing the procedure to be extremely expensive. Keep in mind this was all for what they diagnosed as early to moderate periodontal disease.

When the finance lady called me, I told her that I had had no idea they would be charging that much, and I was not willing or able to pay that amount. So I asked her how much it would be just for planing and scaling and skipping that insanely expensive antibiotic treatment. She quoted me a price that had to have been a minimum of $800, before insurance. I informed her that considering the going rate for that procedure is usually between $200 and $400, that I believed their prices to be far too high. I am disappointed that they seem so willing to scrape every penny they are able out of their patients and the insurance company on procedures that are questionably needed before they will ever even start actual work on the teeth. I had looked forward to working with the wonderful ladies I had dealt with so far, but I am not willing to just be reamed on costs.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I went into Aspen Dental in Both Sun City and Riverview 301. I had went in to have a first appointment. It was free with my insurance. Cool right? Not! They came up with 16k worth of work that I would pay 32k total with insurance. I went in to have my molars pulled. I went the full anesthesia Route. It was pleasant until I woke up in the middle of the operation. I paid cash 1300 and they still owed me 180.00 because you prepay them. So they told me they would not give me my money back until my Insurance paid. They have been sued for this before. If you want 5 mg. of ** after surgery and you think that’s strong enough then go here!!

My private dentist I have now will make sure you're in as much comfort as legally possible. He even calls after to see how you're doing. Like how’s your pain, bleeding, Etc. Not Aspen. You're lucky if you don’t get a bill from these overworked attitude stricken People. Very rude service and forget it if you think one office can figure out a price that another has. Was a joke! Stay away I warned you. I also had to go to the ER to get the bleeding to stop. No compassion at all. It’s all about your money. Find a dentist that has his own private practice. He will care a lot more than people that are overworked and underpaid. Please take heed this warning.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

While I didn't have any concerns with the actual time in their office the billing was a mess. It took 4 phone calls to them and multiple to my insurance company to get my claim paid - 3 months later because my insurance company told me that when they would respond with the additional information that was needed, they were being very generic and not actually providing the information that was needed. I finally had to have my insurance company call and talk to someone to get it resolved. Then I still got a bill telling me I owed them even after I confirmed that payment had been received by them.

When I called they informed me it was "glitch" in the system and my account was paid. She asked if I had anything else I needed assistance with and I asked her if they were going to be sending me the credit they owed me as what I paid was more than I needed to. It wasn't until I mentioned that, that she said she would put in a request to credit my credit card back.

Aspen Dental expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Aspen Dental practices are individually owned and operated but share a commitment to similar values, like compassion and respect, and receive business support from Aspen Dental Management, Inc. There are almost 550 Aspen Dental practices across the United States serving over 3.7 million patients a year.

• Options: Aspen Dental offer four styles of full dentures and three styles of partial dentures, so patients can find a denture product that meets their needs and budget. They also offer single tooth implant and implant-supported dentures.

• On-site denture lab: All Aspen Dental locations have an on-site dental lab. This allows patients to get their dentures, implants, crowns and bridges as fast as possible.

• Guarantee: Aspen Dental offers a money-back guarantee on all dentures, both full and partial sets. If patients are unhappy, they have three months to return the dentures and request a full refund.

• General dentistry: Aspen Dental practices offer a wide array of dental services in addition to dentures and implants. Those looking for a dentist to meet all their oral health needs will appreciate this variety of services.

• Costs and discounts: Interested consumers can visit the website for their local Aspen Dental location to see a list of fees for all available services. They can also find available deals and special pricing offers listed on the website.

• Best for: consumers who want a single dentist for all their needs and those who need service quickly.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs