1.12/5

Stow, OH

766 Aspen Dental Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I was one of the people who gave them five stars after the first visit. I agreed they were very nice, but I gave them zero stars after my treatments. I don’t like the way they practice. I was going to have a filling and a crown (about $1600 work), but I ended up having $4521 “work” in Aspen. I had a dental exam and cleaning in another dental office this April. Because that dentist was not the provider of my insurance company, I had to change dentist for my filling and crown. Aspen didn’t accept my dental record from my prior dentist. I thought that was fine because they gave their new patients free X-ray. Now I understand why they don’t accept the dental record from another dental office. Most dentists accept dental record from another dental office. They use their own “High” standard so that they can charge more.

First time I visit Aspen was in May. The hygienist gave me a dental exam, and then the dentist talked with me and persuaded me to have a gum treatment. She said that my gum had some problem, and my teeth would fall off if I didn’t treat it, but she didn’t show me my perio chart. I asked whether they had a periodontal specialist. She said that they had one in another office and the specialist could come by appointment. I knew that I should not have a serious problem because I had my teeth cleaning twice a year. My prior hygienist didn’t say that I had any gum disease, but she said that I didn’t clean my last molar very well. Plus, most of the dental offices don’t provide gum treatment.

Therefore, I thought that was the best time that I would have a deep cleaning if it were a necessary treatment. I asked the benefits specialist (Ms. **) to call my insurance company to make sure that my insurance would pay 50% of the treatment cost. I told her that I would not want the treatment if my insurance company wouldn’t pay 50% of the cost. I believe that it is a necessary treatment if my insurance pays for it. After she was on the phone for a while, she told me that my insurance would pay 50% of the cost. Therefore, I had financial aid plan for $2241 after my insurance. Ms. ** didn’t explain anything about the treatment. She only told me the price of the gum treatment about $3000. I asked her whether this price included the free perio-maintenance. She didn’t say anything and only gave me a pretty smile. I assumed that the price included the perio-maintenance.

The second visit I had my gum treatment. The same hygienist who did my exam did the treatment. It took less than 30 minutes. I felt something wasn’t right. It was too expensive for $3000 treatment in 30 minutes with a hygienist, but I thought it was all right because it included free maintenance. After a week, I had my third visit for my filling and temporary crown. I told the dentist that my gum had more blood than before. She said that was temporary. It should be fine later. When she worked on the filling, she told me that the filling was too deep and might need a root canal, but she tried to save it. She did it. I truly appreciate her at that moment.

After a few days, I had my fourth visit for two little fillings. I told the dentist that the bleeding was still the same and I felt very uncomfortable on my right side which was the same side had the temporary crown. She asked me which tooth was. I said that I could not tell which one. I asked her to check on it, but she said that she could not check it because I didn’t know which tooth. Instead, she asked me to show her how to floss my teeth. After I showed her how I flossed my teeth with dental floss, she said, “Oh, my God! You hurt your gum so hard.” She showed me a plastic floss pick and said that she used it for her teeth. I told her that my children used this kind of floss pick. Then, she said, “Let’s keep eyes on it.”

After about a week, I went back for my permanent crown. I told the dentist that my tooth was very, very, very sensitive. She said that it was normal and would be gone soon. She was going to numb my tooth because the pain was very sharp when she touched my tooth. I said no because I never had pain like that for my prior crowns. She should check it. However, she put the crown on my tooth. The symptom did not go away; instead, it was getting worse.

After a few weeks, I had to make an emergency appointment, but the operator told me that I needed to pay $89 for the X-ray and exam because my insurance had reached the maximum amount. She made sure that I would pay $89 and then scheduled appointment for me. If I did not have $89, I might suffer the pain until I die. This time she checked my teeth and found out that was the tooth with the new crown. The nerve of that tooth had an infection. She had to refer me to another doctor for the root canal. However, I had great experience in the root canal dental office.

After three months of my gum treatment, I had my first perio-maintenance. When I checked in, the receptionist asked me to pay $96 for the maintenance. I questioned why I needed to pay it. I thought that my dental plan (finance plan) had included the cost for the maintenance. Ms. ** said that the maintenance was $299. Because my benefit had maximized, I needed to pay $96 for the remaining. She said that was in the paper. Yes, I should check my dental plan. I never checked my dental plan for my previous dentists because I trusted their professionalism. My previous dentists told me everything that I should know, but this dentist didn’t tell me the things that I should know. The most embarrassing thing was that they made me pay $96 before my maintenance cleaning.

Moreover, this cleaning was the worst cleaning I had never had. It was another hygienist. During the cleaning, I had to stop her a few times to dry my neck and my face. After the cleaning, my collar was wet. However, she took about 40 minutes to clean my teeth, longer than the first time. Afterward, I checked all the documents that Ms. ** gave to me. I didn’t have the detailed treatment of my dental plan. She only gave me the “Treatment Acceptance and Payment Arrangement Form” which it was for the financial aid and some information about my financial plan. I was stunned that I was charged $135 for the Oral-B electronic toothbrush. I thought it was free for the three thousand dollars treatment when the hygienist gave it to me. Ms. ** didn’t ask me whether I wanted it.

I have used Philips Sonicare electronic toothbrush for years. If she asked me, I would say “no.” She knew that my insurance would not pay for gum treatment. If I read the form, I would know that I paid most of the cost for my gum treatment. She gave me insurance discounts for a few of the items. I asked my insurance company whether my dentists called for asking for my benefit. My insurance company had the records for my dentist before Aspen and the root canal dentist, no record shows that someone from Aspen called for my benefit. The form stated that sixteen of my teeth should have antibiotic, but I felt that she didn’t work on that many teeth. I am sure that she worked on the molars. Plus, she took less than 30 minutes. She was “HIGH” speed. Otherwise, I received two bills from Aspen after my treatment.

One bill was the item that she gave me the insurance discounts on the payment arrangement, but she charged me. Another bill was the item that I had paid through the financial company, but the bill stated that I paid less than what I had paid, so I had to pay the difference. I showed the bills to Ms. **, but she said that I needed to talk with my insurance company. I asked her, “Aspen sent these bills to me, not my insurance company. Why I need to ask my insurance?” She said, “I don’t know how these happen.” Then, I called my insurance company. My insurance company said that Aspen needed to answer the question on the bills and explain to me my benefit and clarify those overcharge. I talked with Ms. ** again. She said that was my insurance company’s opinion.

She didn’t overcharge me, but she gave me a refund for the teeth brush and $133 for X-ray which was not the cost in the form. She gave me another payment list and told me that she used this list for payments. “She might have another list for herself.” She said that she didn’t know what happen on the bills and how to correct the bills. I asked who could help me. She said that she didn’t know. I asked her whom I could call. She gave me a phone number. I called the number, but it was an answering machine. It answers, “For billing inquiries and questions, please contact your local office. If you have a farther question, please contact the region manager.”

They never showed me my perio chart. After all my treatment, I asked the copies of my perio charts. I was shocked. Most of my gum have 5’s, and some of them even have 6’s. I had dental exams this March and April, and both dentists didn’t say that my gum was so bad. However, I had my teeth cleaned twice a year. If my gum health was so bad, my dentists would tell me. I got a copy of my perio chart in this April from another dentist. My gum didn’t have any 5’s. They used “HIGH” standard. However, I compared the chart from May and August (same standard).

My gum health hasn’t improved a lot, some of them even worse than before. For example, my #18 tooth was 3 2 6 and 3 2 5 at May, but it was 5 3 5 and 5 3 5 at August. How does this happen? I paid about $1500 out of pocket for gum treatment, but I didn’t get the result that it should be. I questioned Ms. ** about the result, and she said that she could make an appointment for redoing the work. After these unpleasant experiences, I don’t want them to touch my teeth anymore. I felt they tricked me for having the unnecessary treatment. The cost is high, and the quality of service is low. I should have my lawyer with me so that he could read the documents before I signed them.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

CONSUMERS BEWARE! If you have to have a full mouth extraction, they are going to recommend that you go with the ComfiLyte denture, which comes with a healing denture, placed immediately after your extractions, followed by a brand new permanent replacement after your extraction sites heal 6 months later. This "top of the line" denture that they offer cost the office $17 to make!

Please do not believe this scam! Do not get thousands of dollars of financing on these cheap dentures! After the costs of the extractions, the immediate and permanent dentures and all of the procedures they charge you for BUT DO NOT PERFORM, ie, frenulectomy and alveoplasty. It can cost you upwards of $5,000. Included in this "top of the line denture" should be a process of picking your gum color and teeth shade. THEY SHOULD BUT they don't give you this option during your initial consultation, they take an impression and might ask you to pick from a minimal number of shades.

If you have already fallen victim to this scam, please be aware that the offices are independently owned but operated by Aspen ADMI. Many of the doctors who are working for them are there because they are foreigners, not citizens of this country and until they are, they cannot get their license to open their own practice. They are under pressure to PRODUCE PRODUCE PRODUCE, the entire staff is poorly trained and they are all protected under the "Corporate Umbrella". Most of these practices also do not accept state-funded dental insurance, so the state in which they are operating cannot regulate them.

IF you just went into the office to get a new set of dentures and are still under warranty, make an appointment for an adjustment or walk in and RECORD EVERYTHING, while you are there ask to speak with the doctor and lab technician about your concerns! If you didn't get the option to pick the proper gum shade for your skin pigment, if you weren't given the choice on the shade of your teeth and if your dentures are constantly causing you pain and sore spots, (which can cause CANCER) ask for a refund. They will offer to place a "COURTESY SOFT LINER". Absolutely decline and insist on your refund.

I say to record your interaction with the office staff because, if you leave the dentures there, they cannot report you to collections especially if they refused to offer you a refund. DO NOT EVER ADJUST YOUR OWN DENTURE BECAUSE IT AUTOMATICALLY VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY! Basic denture is 6 month warranty. Classic denture is 1 year warranty. NaturaLyte denture is 3 year warranty. ComfiLyte denture is 7 year warranty.

Get expert buying tips about Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

SIMPLE EXTRACTION[!]. STARTING AT: $124 was $154. This was the worse experience in my life of going to a dentist. We had called in to get a quote on a broken tooth and getting an implant to replace it. We were told $1500.00, so we made an appointment. Aspen Dental said they would just go straight to the oral surgeon. (Didn’t bother telling me that there would be an additional $127.00 fee, otherwise I wouldn’t of even taken the appointment.). The office area was in such disarray that no one knew what was going on. We'll take an x-ray, no we won't, let’s take you back. I was taken back and had a seat, asked a couple questions about my health and that they could pull my tooth today.

Not sure who the man was that was looking at my tooth as he didn't even introduce himself or shake my hand. He was in scrubs just like the rest of the dental assistants. Less than 4 minutes, I was taken back up from to the billing desk and told the implant would cost $6000.00. Wow. A huge difference from $1500.00. Looking over the tooth extraction it appeared my portion of it was $33.00. I said I would go with the tooth extraction, and then the billing clerk said oh, my portion would also include $210.00 for numbing??? And insurance doesn't cover that?? What?? I asked the price of the tooth extraction doesn't cover numbing? She said "NO". I said then I will pass on that and check with another Dentist.

She then said, I still owe for a consultation of $127.00? I asked what consultation? Well you met with Dr. ? I said I don't know that name and no one introduced themselves as such? I said I was back in that room less than 4 minutes to see if I was going to have my tooth extracted, which could be done by a regular dentist. So Aspen scheduled me with an Oral Surgeon and then asked I had a referral note for him? I said Aspen dental scheduled it knowing that a broken tooth needs to be extracted first and then 3 to 4 months later the implant process would begin. Why wasn’t the billing expense done first? Aspen Dental failed in the basic process of "Consulting" with the patient first, especially when springing a $6000.00 procedure on them.

I would never go back to this poorly ran business. Aspen Dental admitted that they shouldn’t of quoted a price over the phone and that it took them a while to get through the billing to come up with the $6000.00. I told them I wouldn't even have scheduled an appointment if they would have told me up front that the price went from $1500.00 to $6K. She said I would still have to pay the consultation fee? I said bill me. She said no, it has to be paid now? After knowing the mistakes the office staff have made, still trying to get me to pay? Unreal. She then went on that they would send me a bill and if I didn't pay it that it would go to collections, so now I am being threatened. A great way to run an office. I said I would send them a bill for my time and misrepresentation they put me through.

I went to the waiting room where lo and behold, within 15 mins I heard another couple questioning their experience and imagine that overbilling discrepancies and charges. Beware and go straight to the billing clerk first to find out what your real charges are going to be and don't be surprised when they are tripled of what your expecting. Right out in their lobby they have a sign and brochure stating, "Peace of mind PROMISE," "No Surprises," "we will provide a clear, detailed estimate on the cost of your treatment plan in writing so you know what to expect." This office failed miserably in its basic code of ethics, that it proudly displays in its lobby. Check out their website, basic tooth extraction starts at $124.00?

If they do send me a bill, I will go to small claims court and have a Magistrate decide if I owe them $127.00 for a consultation to tell me I would now owe $6000.00 for an implant and $243.00 dollars to extract a broken tooth. (It would be $33.00 if I choose not to have it numb first). Really? What Dentist would put a patient through that?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

The staff and Drs. are really friendly and polite people. I respect them all and they are respectable and courteous people. The wait time is exhausting because there is only one dentist in the office. The dentures I have are poorly made. I got them in the middle of this September 2018, and I have gone back for 3 adjustments and I have to use these dentures. I keep explaining to them that I can't chew with and that they are really bulky. I wouldn't have got any new dentures had I not broken the lower plate of my old ones. Aspen Dental, dentures are made totally wrong.

I shouldn't have to go back that many times and still can't use the teeth. I have worn dentures for 11 years that I bought from Affordable Dentures and I only had 1 adjustment and that was on the day of getting my permanent teeth. The sad thing is that I paid less for my old dentures than I paid for the ones from Aspen which are not quality. I am disappointed and will never go back there. All I want now is to get a full refund to get a new set from somewhere that I can actually use.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

My experience with Aspen Dental is by far the worst experience I have ever had with a dental group. They, supposedly, couldn't get the billing right so they kept billing me for things my insurance covers at 100%. I received almost monthly bills from them, forcing me to make subsequent monthly calls to resolve the issue. I was always given the same answer. They billed wrong and would send it back to my insurance co.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspen Dental?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I think this company is just barely away from fraudulent. My son went in for implant dentures. I paid in advance for a 10% discount. They pulled his upper teeth and gave him temporary dentures that we think belonged to someone else. They never fit and they never fixed them. Being naive we kept waiting to hear from them about the implants but they didn't answer his calls. Six months have passed with nothing from them. They refunded only part of my money. They are scammers. Please don't go anywhere near any of their offices especially the one in Rogers AR.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

We made an appointment for new dentures and extractions in the Dedham MA location in March. Before any work was done they charged the financing company for the full cost of dentures and extractions. They billed my insurance company by their coding $440 towards the extractions of (18 teeth) and $1,259.10 towards the dentures. The dentures never fit correctly so we exercised our rights to the 90 Day Warranty. At that time we found out that the office manager in Dedham MA office coded $1,259.10 towards the cost of the dentures and not the extractions.

I have requested numerous times for an explanation as to just what the cost of the dentures are and have yet to get any replies. They did credit approximately $2,500.00 towards the cost of the dentures. We are now in the process of having them reverse the cost paid by our insurance to go towards the extractions (which should have happened in the first place). I have to pay Dental First $150.00 per month or my credit will be ruined. Until this issue has been resolved stay away from Aspen Dental. Run-don't-walk and Dental First Financing.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I went to Aspen in Onalaska, WI. I was 45 when I got a complete set of dentures, they never really fit right and I complained and they tried to help (so they say). One appointment I sat and waited for 3 hrs before even getting seen. My dentures were not even half paid for and the upper plate cracked, they repaired it very poorly. If I hold my denture up to the light, I can see through them. Then they cracked in another place shortly after. Aspen then said I need a new plate. I was so angry because they would replace the one I had, that was not even paid FOR! And now I have 4 cracks and a hole that I can literally see through.

Aspen got paid because I financed my dentures and 6 years later as of early 2018 they are paid for and barely together. I have an appointment this Mon with a REAL DENTIST and that care for the patient. I have to get a whole new plate. Aspen Dental is the WORST place to go for dentures. They only care about the money & NOT the patient. So if you are reading this, PLEASE go somewhere else, otherwise, you may find yourself writing a review such as me. I wish I could upload a pic of my ridiculous denture and show the world what this does!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I think they messed up my mouth. It's been 6 hours and bleeding worse. I'm sitting in the emergency room right now because I had 4 seizures a couple hours after my visit, I've lost a lot of blood. I should have asked my friend and my sister beforehand because apparently they caused nerve damage in both of their mouths. Downright the most horrible excuse for a business I have ever been to. They all need to lose their right to practice dental.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I had a huge abscess on my tooth and went to Aspen Dental hoping to get an Antibiotic something for the pain as I have not been able to work for the last couple of days because of the pain and swelling. The hygienist was nicer and more personable than the dentist was. Told me I needed $4800 worth of work, took crazy amounts of pictures with an already sore mouth and sent me home with an Antibiotic and still in a lot of pain.

I think it's pretty unfair that I go to the dentist to get help with issues going on with my teeth and leave feeling worse than I did when I got there. I don't care what the situation is in the world, if I'm there for pain obviously I'm in a lot of pain you can see the abscess yet you send me home with an antibiotic and tell me it'll take 2 to 3 days to start working. I tried everything before going to the dentist and nothing worked to get rid of the pain. So now I'm left without work again because I can barely talk and in tears because the pain is so excruciating. I can't even eat. I will never go back to Aspen Dental again.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Yesterday, I went to Aspen Dental – Athens – for my first appointment with them. It was for a routine cleaning, which I have done twice a year, every year. We moved here from California, where I have been seeing the same dentist for decades. At 70 years of age, I have all of my teeth and extremely good oral hygiene habits and practices. To my amazement and disappointment, they “diagnosed” me with periodontal disease that needed $1400 worth of work – my insurance would cover $400 (according to them) – and they had a financing “plan” that I could take advantage of, if I needed to, covering the balance. Then, they would not do a routine cleaning because I “had been diagnosed”!

To add insult to injury, included in my invoice was a battery powered “electric toothbrush,” which I did not want or need. (I have been using a Sonicare brush system for years – brushing with it a minimum of twice a day for two minutes each session – even taking it with me while traveling! They never asked me about my at-home dental care.) My gums NEVER bleed, do not hurt, are not reddened and my gums and teeth are not sensitive to heat and/or cold. My gums are not receding. The search is on for a good dentist in Athens (or nearby) that appreciates and treats patients with proper care and respect. Aspen Dental does not make it on that list.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I am a 24 yr old who has gone to the dentist twice a year since I was born. Recently found myself without a dentist because our dentist had just retired. My wanted to get my teeth cleaned so I decided to try out Aspen Dental while we looked for a new dentist. Well, I walked in for a FREE assessment and boy did they assess. They told me I needed $2,524.00 worth of work on my gums before they could even think about cleaning my teeth... What?? Are you kidding me... like I said I have perfect teeth, no cavities, and I have been to a dentist twice a year for my entire life. Needless to say I used a Waterpik a bit more, went to a REPUTABLE dentist three weeks later who then did panoramic films, cleaned my teeth, told me to floss more and that was the end of it. No mention of gum disease or $2500.00 services.

Be careful of this wolf in sheep's clothing. They try to act like they are community oriented and affordable when all they want to do is rip people off. Stay away... Far away... Also , just like everyone else they tried to sell me an Oral B $132.00 toothbrush?? We all have Oral B toothbrushes that I paid $8.00 a piece for at Target. Like I said stay away.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I was in for some routine work, and also needed a soft reline on my bottom denture. Two days later, I was in excruciating pain and called, and called the office with no answer, I finally just drove over, only to find the office closed! In the middle of the week! They were all at a conference halfway across the country that they apparently attend every year. When I was in their office 2 days prior - no note in the office, employees did not inform patients, no note on the door or answering machine. Is this really how to treat and keep patients? I ended up spending a couple hundred dollars at an emergency dentist that would have been a free and quick fix at Aspen, They refused to reimburse me. It is no wonder Aspen Dental got an F rating from the Better Business Bureau!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I went to Aspen Dental in ST Augustine, Fl for some new dentures. I chose them because they had a 7-year warranty and a 100% satisfaction guarantee. I met with Dr. ** and he looked at the Xray and said I had a small mouth and he didn't know about my bottom teeth and said I should just get the top ones made. I told him that they would not match and he said probably not. So I went to the finance office I signed a contract for $2800.00. I got my dentures a couple of weeks later and I told them I didn't I did not like the way they fit. The top teeth were too short and the bottoms just didn't fit. They worked on them some more and I tried to wear them but I couldn't.

I went back several times and they worked on them. Still I could not wear them. I wore the top one about 4 months. I tried to wear the bottoms but they just didn't fit right. I went back for my annual checkup and I told them I wasn't satisfied at all. Dr. ** told the girl to just put them the little box and send me out with my old dentures that he couldn't satisfy me. Now I have had dentures since I was 23 years old and I have never had dentures that bad. So it's not like I was just starting. I was deeply hurt by his actions and I am 79 years old and I thought I was getting a good deal with the warranty. So anyway I still think they should honor the warranty or give me my money back so I can go somewhere else and get me some more dentures. I would like someone to help me if they would.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Went to Aspen Dental in Williston, VT for a consultation because I needed a new crown. My main reason was in the hope of saving money because I had seen special discount advertised for crowns which was false. What a mistake!!! I should have looked at the reviews. First visit, met with a dentist (owner) who told me that I did need a new crown and that there was some decay under it and that I should get it done asap. Second visit, a different dentist did the crown preparation. Third visit, different dentist tells me that he can't finish the crown, that the tooth needs to be pulled or I need to get bone grafting. Former dentist did not tell me that. I decided to get the tooth pulled since I can't afford to go see a periodontist. He pulls my tooth and breaks the perfectly good crown besides it. Doesn't apologize and tells me that there's a cavity under it anyway so I would have needed to get it replaced anyway.

I was very upset and I decided to get a second opinion to be told that there is no cavity under the tooth. They just didn't want to admit their mistake. Paid for a crown preparation for nothing, lost a tooth, left with a broken crown. Ended up going to a different dentist and had to get a new crown made for $1500. No savings. Do not go to Aspen Dental. They will suck you in with free x-rays and then tell you that you need all kinds of stuff done. Plus each visits, I had to wait between 30 min to 45 minutes before getting seen. Horrible experience and now I can't eat the same way that I used to eat since I have lost that tooth.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I have no dental insurance so I went to Aspen Dental with a bad tooth. I was asked what future I had for my teeth, that I have periodontal disease and am in need of dentures immediately. They wouldn't take care of the problem tooth unless I had them all pulled. I then heard them tell the person in the next chair the exact same thing.

I was then swept into another office where a gentleman attempted to persuade me to get all of my teeth pulled and get dentures. He gave me options and prices and said that I would be better off to get it all done at once. I never went back. About a year later I went to a real dentist due to problems with the tooth I had gone to Aspen Dental for. This dentist pulled the one tooth and told me I do have periodontal disease but my teeth are solid and I can keep them for many years. I am so happy I didn't listen to Aspen Dental. Please get a second opinion if you go there.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

My dentist could not get me in til November, so I went to a local Aspen Dental. They gave me an exam and x-ray, and told me I had gum loss, and periodontal disease, which is not true because my dentist told them so when they asked for my records. I called them to see about coming in for a cleaning and they told me I would have to pay $250.00 and come back every 3 months. Stay away from Aspen Dental.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Please everyone listen to me. STAY AWAY FROM ASPEN DENTAL IN OXFORD ALABAMA. They are terrible. They’ll cause you to have an infection after extraction, giving you partials they do not fit, and they basically don’t care. They are a total ripoff. If you finance through Dental First they will damn near take every dime you were financed before even doing any work on you. I returned a partial 2 weeks ago, $799, ask me have that money been refunded to Dental First. I don’t even have a card from Dental First and probably won’t get one.

Also they did a Periodontal on me that should of been done in 3 sessions. No not Aspen they did 2 sessions in one day without telling me and I canceled the 3 session but they already took the money. I hate that I didn’t read the reviews first. I would of never went to these CROOKS. After I get through acting a ** Monday someone better refund this money or I will be talking to a lawyer. I refuse to pay for a partial I don’t have or work that will not get done. ** Aspen!!!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I went for a first visit and the dentist rambled off all these things I needed done. Of course even though I have dental insurance, 99% of what I needed was not covered they said. After I left her chair, I went into Phyllis' office who sat there and typed in all these codes. She then printed out the sheet and said, "This is how much everything will cost you." "Can you help with the costs," I asked. No was her reply. I glanced down at the sheet and saw that they were charging me for the 3 cavities. I said my coverage covers in full cavities of 2 per year. Oh she says and types in more codes. I then look and say, "Why are you charging for one cavity?" Phyllis says, "Because you are only covered for 2 per year." I then said, "Then take it off and in January I'll have the third one done and it will be covered." She did not like that I suggested this.

I then called after I received an email offering me 25% off dental and dentures. I was literally on the phone OVER AN HOUR trying to make an appointment. I was put on hold at least 6 times by the young receptionist. All I wanted to do was make a appointment and go over the total amount I would owe the day I went in. Then I was told I had to literally go in and pay for everything that needed to be done PRIOR to me going in for the work. I said, "I was told that all work had to be paid for on the day of service?" No I was told. I had to drive to the office pay in advance then I could make an appointment... Then I wanted to apply my 25% off coupon and she told me that, "Oh no that is only for people who do not have any dental insurance." I said that is not specified and legally they had to give me the 25% off. Then yes I was put on hold again.

When she came back I asked if I could pay in full over the phone and give her my credit card and she said no. Now at this point I feel like they really don't want my business and I kept my cool. She said she could take the 25% off and then started adding to my bill procedures that were not needed. I tried to stop her and explain that she was adding the 4 month down the road maintenance and not to include that. Yes you guessed it, once again I was put on hold. Now to make matters worse, Phyllis picks up the phone during one of hold sessions and answers, "What can I do for you today?" I say, "Excuse me but who am I speaking with please?" Her answer, Phyllis. I then say, "Hi Phyllis, but I don't know who you are so what do you do at the office and why was I transferred to you?" Her answer, "Well I can't help you anyway because I am with a patient right now, so I'll have to put you back on hold..."

Now a man who said he was a dentist picked up the phone. He did NOT give me his name so I literally have no idea to whom I was speaking. He asked what the issue was and I went down the list that I had already gone down THREE TIMES with the receptionist and I told him the full amount I owed and he agreed that I was correct as far as what services were needed. I then said and I can now take the 25% off. He then put me on hold and the girl also with NO NAME came back on and told me that now they would NOT ACCEPT the 25% off. I said, "But you just told me you would accept it," and she said, "No. It only covers dental work." I said, "I am having dental work." I said, "What dental work is actually included in this coupon," and she her reply was, "Um.... just fillings." I said, "This is legally not right as there is no clause nor anything specifying what the 25% off can and cannot be used for."

At this point my heart was beating and I had had enough. I checked with TEN OTHER LOCAL DENTISTS in the St. Augustine Florida area and told them what I needed and Aspen Dental was the highest out of all of them. They overcharge and are so unprofessional. Never in my life did I think making a simple appointment for a dental visit and to give them business would be a major ordeal. There is no customer service and for all of them to not be willing to give you their name tells a tale... STAY AWAY. THERE ARE TONS OF OTHERS TO CHOOSE FROM.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I went to an Aspen Dental in my area and had a very bad experience. First of all they try to rope you into thousands of dollars worth of work almost demanding that you do it... And when you post about your experiences on social media they send you a message and tell you to be careful what you say. I'm still having issues with the work I received... I don't want my friends or family roped in like I almost was. Almost all the reviews state the same experience minus the dentures.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I went to the Aspen dental office for an examination, which received but needed to wait for my insurance to kick in. Once it did I emailed the office manager Marie to get a quote. Since I already sent my insurance information I wanted my net cost. She sent over a quote that showed a huge amount of dental work. I wrote back and let her know so that was too much for right now but stated specifically what I did want. There was no response, I called and emailed and still no response. This went on for two weeks. Finally I got hold of Julie who informed me that after some research that the dentist was afraid to lose her license if she didn't perform all the prescribed work. Frustrated I simply asked her to send me an email stating that for my records. That was a week ago. They will force you into procedures you don't want by fabricating stories. A honest business will call you, explain the options and accept your request.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I have an abscessed tooth. Feels like the size of a pea. Like I have been kicked in the face. Got an appointment within an hour. Went in, didn't get to talk to anyone, they lit my head up with X-Rays. Causing more pain. Very inconsiderate. Sat in the exam chair facing the wall. The hygienist sat behind me facing opposite direction. Did not know she was even speaking to me. Then the dentist came behind me and showed me X-ray's on the screen. Never saw his face. Said I needed an extraction, fillings, and caps. Never asked about pain I was in. Never looked in my mouth. Sent me to financing to set all that up. I told them I only wanted an antibiotic, pain meds, and the tooth pulled in 3 days as I have to work. They gave me a runaround about insurance. Still never looked in my mouth, and sent me off with an antibiotic. Face swollen obviously in pain.

I'm no pill popper but when it comes to tooth pain I'd rather go through back labor all over again. I know after a few days of antibiotics the pain should subside, but how cruel! I'm not impressed and they called back to confirm my insurance. I was just so pissed! It's like buying a car the way they do stuff, they run the money and tell you what to do with no humanity. I knew something was wrong when they did not ask me what was wrong, when they shoved the X-ray crap in my mouth as I'm in tears, then to have people speak to me facing the opposite direction, and shoving me to finance people, all while NEVER even looking inside my mouth or let alone at my face until it came to insurance. THEY DIDN'T EVEN LOOK INSIDE MY MOUTH!!!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

After starting a very lengthy dental plan that was estimated at nearly 13,000. My first fillings were 6... All in the front teeth. Granted these were difficult areas, but a very incompetent assistant who messed up several times in the procedure, completely lied to the dentist about her knowledge. I feel that she perhaps didn’t mix the compound correctly. The next day 5 of 6 fillings fell out. The one that stayed was mixed by a different assistant. Long story short dentist said she would redo them at no cost.

It has now been 8 months. I have been to the office 3 different times. My teeth have never been fixed. They keep canceling my appt, trying to get a dentist I’ve never seen to work on my teeth. I waited over two months for my dentist to return from sick leave. Now I have to go somewhere else and start all over... Not to mention now my teeth are drilled out, left I filled for months and they kept my money. No refund has ever been issued. I’ll never go to them again for anything!!!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I went in for an infection in my tooth and this was the first time being a patient there. I found out in that visit that I had the beginning stages of gingivitis and told me that my insurance does NOT cover it. Well the price to get it under control would cost me $650 so I ask about payment plans and instantly I was told by the biller "A" that I could qualify for dental credit (a credit card) so I decided to do this with the knowledge of billing anything in the USA you must submit the claim to the insurance no matter if the insurance is going to deny the claim or not. Do what is correct. LET THE INSURANCE DENY THE CLAIM FIRST before billing the patient. She did not and the part of the 650 was a electric toothbrush, 2 toothpaste, and some mouthwash.

I have contacted my insurance and they have told me that my claim is just sitting there waiting on Aspen to submit more information so they could see if they would pay anything, of course the billing person has been called along with her boss and NO ONE has returned my phone calls. These people are lying and tricking people out of their hard earned money. What they did was get me on this service but they should best believe that I have more times to visit the dentist along with my children and grandchildren along with where I work and know a lot of people in town, what am saying is that I will make sure ALL AND I MEAN "ALL" will know how they are handling business once they suck you in and drain you dry.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I have been suffering from a mouth infection and presently I am medication for it. I called Aspen Dental this past weekend and I was told I would get an appointment for today! I had asked the receptionist on the phone twice if it would be this Wednesday, and said yes to me twice! I go to the appointment this morning after missing work for no reason, and I was told it was next week. I told the lady that I had confirmed this appointment, and she replied to me, ("Well, there must be a mistake and we can't see you today.") So, then she goes to apologize to me and hands me paperwork for next week, just to get an exam and x-rays, so now I have to wait another 2 weeks. I definitely will not be going back to them.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Horrible - Dentures too small, face droopy, uneven bite, sores. They lie, they overcharge, they sell you on the highest quality denture and then make the cheaper one knowing a client does not know the difference. Rude when you disagree. Does not honor money back guarantee.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

My daughter and myself got a treatment plan from Aspen Dental. I paid over $2,000 upfront which was my part after insurance paid. After a few trips there for my daughter and a crown for myself there is no money left. I ask for a printout and that’s when I find out not only have they been paid by my insurance but they have also charged me the same amount they charged the insurance company. My insurance company sent me copies of everything they paid and told me that Aspen must return the money back to me. It has been over a month with no reply from Aspen’s billing office.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I submitted my negative review of my 3 appointments this year. I received a not very accommodating phone call from office manager Michael. He assured me that my review was being put up. As of today, 2 days later, it is nowhere to be found.

Updated on 09/19/2018 : On 9/11/2019, I submitted my negative review to Aspen Dental - Gaylord, MI Google review site. I had a voicemail message a couple of hours later from the Office Manager Michael to discuss my review. I called him back the next day & his main interest was defending their lack of providing my credit in a timely manner. He stated that I had signed the form that it would be credited to future work. That statement was accurate, EXCEPT that I had already had the appointment that it was to be given in July (per their document) and it was now my August appointment & I was still trying to convince them that I was due a credit.

For my June appointment that I rescheduled to July, their paperwork stated: "$353.25 minus the credit". He, of course, did not want to discuss the pain from the Novocaine shot sites or the chewed up inside of my lip & cheek since I did not take the 1 hour drive back over to have them investigated. If it had been where the fillings were done I surely would have.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

First I want to say that your dentist attempted to repair a crown which cost me over a thousand dollars but failed. He apparently caused further damage to it by the drill vibration as it fell apart just after leaving the office. The business made no amends but sold me another thousand dollar crown. They put in a temporary one which fell out during my ride back to North Carolina.

I have had NO tooth protection for three weeks now and the business had the audacity to call me the morning of my replacement scheduled appointment with a lame excuse that the system was down so they couldn't do the work? I was already in route to South Carolina from North Carolina by then. I want my $500.00 back for the crown and you need to refund my insurance company as I am going to have my repairs done at a competent dental business! You also need to pay for the damages done to my initial crown. I am contacting the Aspen dental Corporate office about this matter prior to filing a complaint with the BBB and State Attorney general.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I got a bridge put in by them in April 2018. I paid them $1,353.30 at that time. They said I was paid in full. It was my first time at that dentist. Fast forward to today (5 months later), I get a letter from them saying that I have a bill that is overdue for $224.70. For what? I have no clue. They never called me, or sent me anything in the mail until the mystery bill was overdue. I really hope they didn't mess up my credit. I have never in my life had this happen with any other dentist. I tried to call them, but they close at 1pm on Friday, I guess they make enough money stealing from people to start the weekend early. Must be nice. I hope that $224.70 was worth losing a customer, because I sure as hell am never going back.

Aspen Dental expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Aspen Dental practices are individually owned and operated but share a commitment to similar values, like compassion and respect, and receive business support from Aspen Dental Management, Inc. There are almost 550 Aspen Dental practices across the United States serving over 3.7 million patients a year.

• Options: Aspen Dental offer four styles of full dentures and three styles of partial dentures, so patients can find a denture product that meets their needs and budget. They also offer single tooth implant and implant-supported dentures.

• On-site denture lab: All Aspen Dental locations have an on-site dental lab. This allows patients to get their dentures, implants, crowns and bridges as fast as possible.

• Guarantee: Aspen Dental offers a money-back guarantee on all dentures, both full and partial sets. If patients are unhappy, they have three months to return the dentures and request a full refund.

• General dentistry: Aspen Dental practices offer a wide array of dental services in addition to dentures and implants. Those looking for a dentist to meet all their oral health needs will appreciate this variety of services.

• Costs and discounts: Interested consumers can visit the website for their local Aspen Dental location to see a list of fees for all available services. They can also find available deals and special pricing offers listed on the website.

• Best for: consumers who want a single dentist for all their needs and those who need service quickly.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs