1.11/5

Stow, OH

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

804 Aspen Dental Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I spent 3 grand to get the ultra lite dentures. The place in West bend is the worst place I ever went to. Almost every time I went I had a different person. I had so many crappy dentures I couldn't believe it. The set I have I was told to just live with it. I had to file one side of my dentures flat, just so I could close my mouth. I still have the soft liner, they never even finished, talk about a ripoff.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Hello All! DO NOT waste your time with Aspen Dental! First off, I had a scheduled for a Saturday a month in advance and out of nowhere I received a email confirmation for my appointment but it was for a different date! I called the office to discuss as I was looking at my appointment card and they said the hygienist must have wrote the wrong date on my card but I was going out of town so I could not make that appointment, delaying my treatment a month. Upon arriving at my 2nd appointment after they have done the initial work, they then informed me a additional $150 would be due. I was not informed prior to this appointment that I would have to come out of pocket since I am on their finance plan... especially a couple hundred bucks. I suggested adding the amount to my open account but they informed me there was no available credit and with it being Christmas time I could not afford to pay so I had to walk out.

The next day, I received my statement and what did it say? $1000 available credit! I called the office, asked to speak with a manager (the manager was actually the lady who said I had no available credit the day before). Told her the situation and said I could email or fax her a copy of my statement, she denied and said she doesn't need my copy and will take care of it... That was on Dec 14 2018, today is January 7 2019 and I have yet to hear back from them.

I work in customer service and if I do not have a answer right away you follow up with your customers, reassure them you are working on the issue but no, no call. I called Aspen Dental today to make sure all the work was performed that I am paying monthly for and said I no longer need their services. I will never return and I will make sure everyone I know who asks for a referral to not send them to Aspen Dental, thank you.

Get expert buying tips about Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I went to Aspen Dental because I did not have insurance and I needed new dentures, so after all the impression and seeing 3 different dentist during this time, the dentures are crap and I am stuck with them. My last appointment I saw yet another dentist, and after an alignment they still did not fit good, I was told I would just have to use dentures adhesive and that was it. I thought I was saving some money but I guess you get what you pay for. My advice is to see a dentist that specializes in dentures, pay the more money and get a better quality. I wish I had, what a waste of money. Now I am stuck with these crappy dentures.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I was seen initially on 11/13 when a treatment plan was devised; deep cleaning, 2 crowns, a filling, an extraction and partials. 2 days later the cleaning was done and an appointment was made for 11/27 to start the 1st crown and do the extraction. On 11/26 at 9:07pm, I received a message from Bradley stating I needed to call in the morning to reschedule the 11/27 appointment. The appointment was rescheduled for 12/3. When I arrived for that appointment I was greeted by a 'new' dentist with no explanation. After viewing my xrays, the 'new' dentist informed me that instead of a filling, I would need another crown (that should have raised the first flag). Bradley (the 2nd office manager I dealt with) informed me that it would increase my bill by $828. I reluctantly agreed but was deeply concerned about the change of treatment plan.

I was not informed of an additional $195 build-up charge at that time and the crown was prepped after spending 3-plus hours in the chair while the dentist saw other patients intermittently. My next appt. was scheduled for 12/20 at 9:00am. I arrived before anyone- including the staff- at about 8:45. When the doors opened, 2 other patients had arrived and they were called to the back to be seen. Although puzzled, I patiently waited to be called. About 45 minutes later I was called to the back to be seated and was told the office manager would be in to talk to me. This was good because I wanted to address my concerns about the change in treatment plans.

When she came in 15 minutes later, it was the 3rd office manager I had seen in 3 visits. I informed her of the 'new' dentists change and wanted to know how/why this happened. She gave me the company line regarding how they wanted to do what was best for the patient, etc., etc and that my original dentist was back and would stick to the original plan. WHAT!?! How could he stick to the original plan when the 'new' dentist had changed it, started it and left. She told me that she was there temporarily from the Bossier office and could only tell me what my chart showed. At this point I was mad and disappointed. She then informed me that my crown had not arrived and they were waiting on the day's UPS delivery to deliver it and asked if I could wait another 15 minutes. Although fuming at this point, I agreed to wait. 30 minutes later after seeing no one, I decided to reschedule my appointment (Why wasn't I informed upon my arrival?).

At this point I was no longer confident in Aspen's ability to meet my expectations and decided to request a refund once the crown arrived since it was already paid for. My next appointment was scheduled for 12/31 at 3:30pm to have the crown applied. I arrived early as usual (about 3:25) and noticed several people filling out paperwork and I assumed they were new patients. During the next hour and 55 minutes, not only were these patients seen before me, 2 more appointments arrived after I did and subsequently rescheduled their appt, and left after a lengthy wait. I couldn't understand why walk-ins were being seen before those with appts. Then it occurred to me that they already had my money so it was more beneficial to get new money by seeing the walk-ins first. That just isn't right!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

My sister was a DDS and I have beautiful, natural looking dentures. She actually copied my real teeth. The actors in the TV commercial have terrible dentures, they all look the same on all three patients, all typical fake teeth! I would NEVER consult Aspen Dental!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspen Dental?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I explained from the beginning to the dental office that I was terrified of dentist for many years. They knew from the beginning my concerns and fears. Finally I met the Doctor in which from beginning to end she tortured my mouth and kept on cutting me with the denture forcing it in my gums and cutting my whole mouth and tongue. They finally removed that doctor from complaints of other patients as well. They have another doctor in which she was very concern and see that the dentures were done wrong not my fitting for my mouth causing me to hurt my gums and tongue. She seen me and put an ointment throughout my gums and inner cheek.

To my understanding I was supposed to get my final dentures in which they still haven't done it. So in December I went into the office thinking I am getting them today. So the answer to that was she didn't have them nor did they know the color in which I had picked the color back with that other doctor. I feel that they need to provide the service correct to people and stop abusing them. I have great fear of dentist and they all knew this from the beginning. Now I couldn't go to my church on the 24th and I couldn't do my dinner for the family either. I have been hurting both side of my inner cheeks, gums are swollen and my tongue is in flame. My doctor, gave me ** for the pain and a wash for my mouth. I believe that your company is at fault for my mouth hurting as it is. No one bothered to do nothing about till now.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I got my bottom basic denture in 2016 from Aspen Dental in Auburn Maine. In the 6 months they were on warranty they were fixed numerous times, twice for broken in half! (NOT by dropping but by chewing.) Never have they fit right as I tried telling them every time I went, traveling a little over an hour mind you. They always told me that the bottom denture always fits harder than the top which I have done by Aspen Dental too only this one in Portland no issues. NEVER. Have had them for 11 yrs now. So here I am almost 2 years later with these bottom denture and they've broke in half again!!! Obviously warranty expired and now I got to pay out of pocket (did get a coupon which brought my payment from $158.00 to $79.00 AWESOME Thank You) and wait two weeks for them to be fixed!

If I'd have known that there was going to be this much Issues I would of taken the money back guarantee which really should be longer with it taking so long to adjust to them for some. Now they sit in a cup as I make payments every month and don't have them. My mouth is hurting bad with two weeks to wait before I can get them fixed. Just wished I would have read all the reviews & realized that this would happen. Knowing every time I took them back for work especially when they're broken in half it made the denture weaker! I have NO choice but to have them fixed yet again because I cannot deal with being without them! Am hoping that after this fix they never break in half again at least until the 5 to 7 years that I'm suppose to enjoy them.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I paid upfront for dentures. They told me my co-pay was $2100. Today I received another bill in the amount of another $1000...this was to pay for the temporary dentures. First of all the temporaries have never fit from day one. They are grossly over-sized and I cannot chew the food properly. I keep telling them this and the only response I get is "Oh, your gums are shrinking and they'll get liners and then they will fit." My granddaughter says that they're ugly. I thought the temps were part of the package, I bought the high-end dentures. I'm not paying for something that still does not fit and if this is the kind of work that they do, then what kind of expectations should I have for the permanent dentures? I had to cash out part of my 401(k) to pay for these. I can't afford anymore billing.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I chose Aspen as my dental clinic through Stetson University, where I am a professor. My experience with them has been horrible, and I will be switching to a different provider immediately. I have had wisdom teeth under the surface of my gums since I was a teenager, which my previous dentist would x-ray every few years to keep track. I myself have seen these x-rays multiple times.

As an incoming patient at Aspen, I got new x-rays (wrapping all the way around my head), which didn't show my wisdom teeth at all! After asking them how this could be, they had no response, except to ask me whether I might be mistaken about my wisdom teeth. My only explanation is that they accidentally switched my x-ray with another patient's. They made no effort to look into the situation and obviously didn't believe my concerns about the disappearance of my wisdom teeth.

I waited in the Deland, FL office for an hour past my appointment time before I was seen. The hygienist recommended a "deep cleaning" for my 3-4mm periodontal pockets in my gums (which have not worsened beyond this for at least a decade). This treatment would have costed 500 dollars. After getting opinions from two other dentists who said no treatment other than regular flossing is necessary unless it appears to be worsening to 5+mm pockets, I called Aspen to say I will decline the "deep cleaning" for now and merely receive the normal cleaning. The receptionist perfunctorily informed me I am required to undergo any treatment the hygienist prescribes and am not allowed to decline anything. I am done with Aspen after only one visit and would never recommend them to anyone. They are controlling and will try to take as much of your money as they can.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I had a toothache. I made an appt to dentist at Aspen Dental. I was a bad girl, haven’t visited dentist for about 12 years. Had no problem with my teeth. After X-rays doctor set up a plan on how to fix my toothache problem. He fixed the “problem” tooth. Apparently, it wasn’t the right tooth that was aching. He made a root canal on other tooth, then on other tooth next to it. Problems seems to despair. But, I was in constant soreness at the gum area, a bubble appeared at the top of one tooth. My whole top jaw line sore. While doctor going from tooth to tooth to fix the cavities he shaved off tooth so bad that it is near impossible to put a crown on, for Other new Aspen Dental doctor.

The new Aspen Dental doctor continues experimenting on my problem teeth suggesting dentures, implants. Then he decided leave it as it is with only root canal on two problem teeth. On my next visit the third Aspen doctor gave me an answer to the tooth with a bubble above it. He told me that he is not going to fix that tooth that they already put a filling in about 6 month ago. Now he sends me to a specialist to make another root canal and wanted to put a crown on it. All those three teeth they worked on, they screw them up leaving for more problem to fix, for more money out the pocket to fix the problem they didn’t fix in beginning with.

One tooth is so sharp, so when I fall asleep and my tongue falls at that side of my mouth I get cut every single time from the edge of the tooth. Also doctor fixed one bottom tooth at my left side of the mouth. Now it is extremely sensitive to cold. I talked to my teenage kids and they told me that every tooth filling they had from Aspen Dental, now after two month become so sensitive to cold. Seems that Aspen Dental wants to go the same route with my kids, leaving their teeth with an infection inside, so they can “fix” the problem, make a root canal and put a new crown. My kids are 19 and they have excellent teeth.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I haven’t been to a dentist in over 5 years and decided it’s time to see one due to my bleeding gums. After a million of xrays a dentist came in, poked around in my mouth for 30 seconds and told me that I have “very aggressive” and “advanced” gum disease. He said there’s a chance some of my teeth can be saved but didn’t sound hopeful. Then he said he can’t do anything about it and gave me a referral to a guy who specializes in dentures and pulling teeth. I was also told that I have a couple of cavities. I was crushed because I’m only 23. I decided to go to Indy and get a second opinion, it was the best decision I’ve ever made! They couldn’t believe that anyone would suggest to pull any of my teeth.

Even though I do have gum disease it’s 100% treatable and I had zero tooth damage and also no cavities. I’m also so happy that Aspen didn’t clean my teeth after reading these reviews of their prices! Anyone around Indy area I highly suggest going to the dental school. They are THOROUGH in everything they do. I had different specialists take care of me and only cost me $40! No teeth pulling and no unnecessary “deep cleaning.” I just had deep cleaning on the upper right side of my gums where the gum disease was the worst. Everywhere else just needed general cleaning! I will never go back to Aspen! Don’t wasted your time and money. I was also informed that Aspen Dental has a quota they’re supposed to meet, that’s why there’s so much unnecessary work that patients get.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I called Aspen Dental on Tuesday, they came up as providing dentures when I did a Google search. I gave them all my information dental insurance birth dates everything except the social security number, I told them I would give that at the appointment. They scheduled me for Thursday. I received an emailed saying I needed to contact them regarding my appointment. I called Wednesday at 9:32 and spoke to Holly, she told me that I spoke to an answering service not them and that the information provided was not given to the office. I responded that they shouldn't use a service if the information that Rachel took wasn't uploaded to them. I gave her the information all over again. I get a call from Allison at 11:42 on Wednesday, who says there is a problem with the information. It's all jumbled and the social security number is not there. I explain again that I will not provide it over the phone I will provide it at the office.

Then I start to question. Did I make a mistake? I did a Better Business search. It didn't show anything for Kansas City, MO and Aspen Dental. I went to Aspen Dental on Facebook and started reading reviews and could not believe what I was reading. I entered a question on their page and got a response after 20 minutes. I was told if I had concerns to call Courtney at the home office. I called immediately and it went right to voicemail. She never called me back. The reviews on Facebook and ConsumerAffairs were not good for service or denture wearers, so I cancelled my appointment. They tried to pressure me into keeping the appointment. Shannon the Office Manager wouldn't take my concern for the denture warranties not be honored. I didn't even want to take a chance with Aspen Dental.

Courtney called me at 8:30 Friday morning. She advised that she was on a teleconference call when I called her. I let her know that I read the reviews on Facebook and ConsumerAffairs and didn't like what I had read and cancelled my appointment, she hung up. I don't know why there are so many bad reviews and no changes to Aspen Dental have happened, the company should be reading the same reviews and using the teleconference calls to make changes not keep on keep on the same service. Thank you everyone for letting the public know so I didn't get into a terrible nightmare!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I had Aspen Dental make my dentures. My jaw started hurting and they made me wait 3 days to come in. They don't care as long as they get their money. They have no emergency services. I even called the next town and they said the same thing.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I went there because I broke a tooth. They said I need to pull it which I found funny but anyways the dentist was saying, "You need crowns, bridges and more." Then Hygienist came in and starting pokey at my teeth with a needle then she proceeded to tell me I have gum disease. All my life I have never heard this and I just was seen by another dentist a year before. All in all they quoted me $19,000. I believe this place is a rip off, someone really needs to investigate them. I’m going to go get another opinion from another doctor. This place is not good. Do yourself a favor and find a real dentist.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

If I could I would give no stars. I went in on 5/18/18, I had 14 or more teeth pulled within a week. The follow up visits I spent most of my time in the waiting room. One time it was 2 hours because no one pulled my file. I went in for my fitting for my temporary dentures. When I went back they were made wrong & I had to go through the whole procedure to get another pair made. That took quite allot of time. I finally got my temporary dentures.

After the 6 month wait period, I went in to get my impression for my permanent dentures. Again, waiting time to get in was terrible. Went back to get my permanent dentures, & I was told by a very rude employee that I needed to give her my temporary denture. I asked why and she said they were going to put a liner in, & that would be my permanent dentures. After her rude remarks when I told her no, I am here for my impression for new dentures. It took me to request to talk to the office manager that they finally said I was right & they had the impression made.

Went back to have a fitting and the wax impression was wrong so I had to do another impression. I was given a date to come back on 12/3/18 to get my dentures. I sat in the waiting for over an hour, finally they bring me back to the room just to tell me my dentures were not ready. Of course they always blame things on the person you had before. I finally had it & talked to the Office Manager and told her the terrible experiences I have had, I want a refund. She went back & got another Dentist, he came in the office and said give them a chance to make it right. I was to come back on Wednesday 12/5/18, at 8 AM & he would personally meet me at 8 am, no waiting. I drove out there again, no one got me at 8 am, I waited again, I was so upset of how I was treated, that I walked out.

My husband went down to the Office Manager about all this, & all they keep saying is give them a chance to make it right, then within 90 days I can bring my dentures & temp dentures in for a refund. My husband ended up bringing my permanent dentures home, & I will tell you they are rough, not smooth, & when you chew the teeth slide off of each other.

I have given them a number of chances to make things right & it just gets worse. We spent about $5,000 for upper & lower dentures all paid upfront, you would think after all they have put me through, & the anxiety & stress they have caused me, instead of saying just sorry, they should have at least reimburse partial cost. I have recommend Aspen Dental in the past, but now I would not recommend them. I am so not trusting of the quality of their work, I have dentures that I need adjusting and will have to go to someone else. Don't go to Aspen Dental, Jackson, TN.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

On 12/3/2018 I had a new patient appointment at 2:15. It was 2:50 and was still not called into an office. I had another appoint at 3:15 so I told the receptionist I needed to go and asked her is this the norm for an appointment and she responded "we only have one x-ray machine and things are backed up". They should not schedule appointments back to back with the one x-ray machine. I will not be going back! Free first appointment and x-rays or not!!!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I would highly recommend that a person needing professional dental care choose a different Dental office. After my unprofessional and expensive visit I will not be going back to Aspen Dental. My broken tooth turned into a crown but because of the inexperience and unprofessionalism of the young dentist it turned into a root canal on top of just a crown. The young dentist was not only unprofessional in the prepping of the crown but also the use of needles for numbing, the amount of numbing liquid that ran down the back of my throat and made me gag and the roughness of working on my prepped tooth with no numbing agent. To top the terrible experience off she used her personal cell phone to take pictures of my mouth and tooth which is a HIPAA violation.

Along with this Aspen Dental overcharged me for future dental work which I had not agreed on. Dental work that when I went to another dentist was told “was not needed”. My out of pocket costs went from a few hundred dollars, which I was ok with, to a little over $2,000 now. I talked with the “regional” manager and basically was told, “That’s life”. I am now starting the process of filling a HIPAA Violation complaint with the OCR against Aspen Dental due to their dentist taking pictures of my mouth with her personal cell phone and then telling me she was going to send them over the open internet to another doctor. I had requested that all the additional “out of pocket” charges be reimbursed to me due to the incompetence and unprofessionalism of the dentist and that I would pay for the crown. At this point I will let the OCR decide if Aspen Dental has performed a HIPAA Violation or not. But beware of the chain called Aspen Dental.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I went to this dentist and I paid in cash for the entire visit. No debt was due but then they suddenly send a letter to collection stating that we owed money when we called four times and they kept saying it was a billing error on their part. Unfortunately we'll be suing them for this illegal debt, fraudulent billing, and falsifying a collection notice. My advice is go anywhere else but this location.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I have never seen such unprofessional dentists and staff in my life. My first appointment they messed up my insurance, requiring me to wait for well over an hour for them to get it straight. I did however give them a chance. During this appointment full x-rays and exam were done, which I am now being told the dentist didn't write anything down for future reference. The dentist recommended I use nitrous oxide so referred me to another dentist, and although I am very nervous, I am able to get through things, also I can't afford the gas, which I told them. I called to have a tooth filled (which she knew about) but now I have been told the dentist will not see me for a second visit because SHE FEELS I need nitrous oxide, but NOT AT MY REQUEST.

So much for Aspen Dental making you feel welcome with open arms and working with patients to make the visit a success (per their recording I had to listen to for 15 mins while the receptionist discussed me with the dentist). Don't waste your time if you are anxious in any way about going to the dentist, these people will treat you like you are a waste of their time, but will definitely take your money.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Wife went for an extraction, not given pain killers or antibiotic. She developed an infection with a great deal of pain. Had to see another dentist to get the required medicine. Dealt with "Heather" at Danbury office who is inept of dealing with people. Very nasty and rude. Kept repeating, "It's up to the Dentist's discretion to give a prescription." She was also very rude to my wife. I will be bringing this office to small claims court for the cost of seeing another dentist. "Heather" need remedial training to handle patient matters.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I went to the Abingdon, MD location. Dr. ** is a horrible dentist. He will make you hate going to the dentist more than what you may already. I have a crown that doesn't fit (which him two-hours to fit me for! They do not do the crowns in office so I'm not sure why). The tooth is now infected and decaying. Because it doesn't fit properly it is causing me to issues with biting or chewing. Do not trust their diagnosis, they are trying to get paid and will tell you to get things done you don't need. They bill you for things they shouldn't. They don't return phone calls. Going here was the worst mistake I made in my entire 30 something years of going to the dentist. I've NEVER had issues with any dentist or medical provider. They are unprofessional, lying THIEVES.

This place needs to be shut down. From the other reviews of the Aspen company, it looks like I'm not the only one who feels this way. Look at their BBB report. They have 1 star. That's pathetic. I'm reporting them to the BBB myself because I hate being ripped off and treated badly when I spend my hard earned money! And do not believe that they will rectify any situation or complaint. They will just string you along. There isn't even a number for corporate. They don't care as long as they get your money.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

My experience with this location is less than desirable. I would have had a better experience if I had gone to the local free clinic, and that's not saying much here. First I got there 20 mins before my appointment, as soon as I stepped into the office it felt like a freezer in the office. The temp outside was mid 40s yet the office temp was colder inside than out, the front desk staff were wearing winter coats, that's how cold it was. I had to wait an hour before being taken to the back, which that experience is another story in itself. The worse part was there wasn't anyone in the waiting room when I got there or while I was waiting to be seen, so why did it take so freaking long?

I got to the back for x-rays, the technician could have had better manners and be more friendly instead of being so freaking bossy and curt with me. I was then taken to the back in an area that really wasn't private, there were no set boundaries to the rooms, it was an open concept, I didn't like that, other people shouldn't be able to hear what my health or dental problems are and I shouldn't be able to hear about other patient's private things. Not sure but I think it could violated HIPAA rules and regulations. I sat back there for another 15 to 20 mins waiting on the dentist to come back after discussing my health and other intake questions they ask.

Now mind you, I went in because I am experiencing extreme jaw pain which has caused my jaw to swell up, the pain radiating from my back teeth up into my inner ear and down my neck and my lymph nodes were swollen from the infection. I had already been seen by a Doctor who said I had an abscessed tooth a few days prior to this dentist appointment, the doctor put me on a course of high dosage antibiotics to help with the infection. When the dentist finally came to my area I was at he briefly touched on my jaw problem and said there was no abscess and that no tooth is causing the pain, that he thinks it has to do with a sinus infection.

That took all of maybe 2 or 3 mins and he didn't even bother to take a look at the area itself, just at the X-rays, which clearly showed something wrong with that side of the mouth because it was a cloudy image in and under the teeth on that side of my mouth whereas the other side was clear and you could see the blood vessels and the canal with clear detail.

The dentist then went into a plan for me which he only entailed as an advanced cleaning procedure they have that would require 17 visits to complete. He then left and when I got to the checkout desk I asked for an itemized estimate of all the costs of the visits and everything to be done. I reviewed it when I got home and found out that I will be charged $200 for an Oral B power toothbrush, of which I never asked for or was even discussed with me about. A few crowns thrown in here and there and a cleaning each visit for a total of $6000.

Either your office is a scam artist and trying to scam me or your policies cleary are not in the interest of individuals that are needing actual dental treatment because that is some crazy way to run a business. Don't disclose items you are going to be charged for, don't actually go into the root of why you are there and promote services that aren't really needed. I am sure that the BBB and Consumer Affairs would love to hear about this place. SMH I will never recommend this place to anyone or return back to them.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Don't do business at Aspen Dental in Athens, Ga. They are liars and very very rude when you start questioning them about your bill. I request to talk to someone in a higher position and it been a month since I left my name and number. At first they were friendly and nice and after charging me 7,500 and I began to make payments they changed. I make a payment on the account in their in house plan every month and I make a payment on my insurance every month and then they send me a bill for 900.00 before they can finish my partial. I have credit on my account with them but they stated, "We can't charge your account unless you make an appointment." And now I have to walk around toothless and I can't even get a call back. Please please please all of UGA and other citizens in and around Athens please don't visit them. Continue to spread the word on campus and all the shop and malls. This is a nightmare. Pay and pay but no service.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

Had my dentures made at Aspen Dental 2756 Church St. Conway, SC 29526, paid over $2,300. Always loose, having problem from day one eating, has to use lots of Fixodent. Was told to go back after 6 months for impressions and new ones, went back 11/22/18. Meet a ** name Dr. **, 1st he said he do not has the stuff to do it until next week. I said, "What's going on? One of the other fella said he can put in a soft liner temp. until they fix it next week," Dr. ** said he do not do that, so I talked to him harsh.

He told me he is the new owner and he fired all the other people that use to worked there because they do not know what they were doing. I told him I do not think he is the boss and the people may be left the job because of him. He said ok he will not do anything for me and to leave before he call the police. I told him I will sue him and post it to FB. His service sucks, my advice to people never go to this place. What did I pay for. According to Dr. ** Aspen Dental does not know what they doing... only he know what he is doing... maybe running the business to the ground.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Went to Aspen for a "Free" consultation. Found out later they did charge my insurance which only allows one. What is free about that? Saw a dentist, had x-rays. Sent to a woman in the payment office for setting up for the work needed. Asked for explanation of s to come. Eventually handed a sheet that showed the whole amount, no breakdowns. Now while she had my insurance information and was typing away. She asked when did I want to schedule the work and I said I would not schedule till I knew what my insurance would cover. She told me she was having trouble getting through and maybe I could call them and let her know, because we didn't want to wait too long to start the work. Also I told her I wanted to see a breakdown of my charges.

Next day I called my insurance and was told Aspen needed to fax over - yep a list of the procedures and charges. Called her and the first words were "Are you ready to set up your appt so we can get started on your beautiful smile?" Told her what the insurance wanted from her and she said she would do that right away. Next day called insurance - nothing recieved. Next day called, same thing. Called her and she would check on it and resend it right away. Next day Insurance late in the day and nothing.

Called Aspen again, yes same girl. What I got out of her was another, "Are ready to make your appt." Now she has always been upbeat and cheery sounding but tonite I wasn't having it. Told her I requested 2 things - fax lists of costs to insurance and I wanted a copy of the same thing, not just one line saying $6000. Then she goes into how crazy work has been so busy and she is so tired. I thought to myself, "Hell I am too but I put my 8 hours in without telling my clients that I get tired but I do my job." Told her I'm not doing anything till both those papers are relieved.

And of course absolutely nothing ever happened except 3 months later sending me a bill for $28. Which I ignored 2x and it stopped. Thought if their front office is so inept did not want to trust anyone there. Went Ardent much later and loved everything about them. And before I left them the first day without asking I had a extremely detailed list of procedures and they handle the insurance. Plus after hearing from the insurance they scheduled a second appt to finalize payment issues. No pushing or rushing.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I went in with tooth pain on 11-6-18. After x-rays I was told I needed some sort of work on every one of my teeth. I have the detailed sheet equaling $6000. My husband and I decided to just extract the one tooth that was bothering me. When the dentist extracted the tooth with only local antiseptic I felt everything. The tooth broke off including the abscess. The dentist allowed me to take a picture. Aspen Dental told me that broken piece should work its way out.

The next day I had to go to an oral surgeon to have the rest of the tooth removed. I showed the oral surgeon the list of suggested care from Aspen Dental and he did an extensive review and extra X-rays to determine those services were not needed. The oral surgeon removed the remaining tooth and abscess. Today has been one week and I still experiencing pain. I go back to the oral surgeon tomorrow due to the poor procedural care I received at Aspen Dental. When I called to let Aspen Dental why experience and that I had to go an oral surgeon. The office manager, Ashley, asked me what exactly I expected from calling. I told her I simply wanted her to know and thought she would care about the bad experience I had. She had the dentist call me back who proceeded to yell at me. I have never received such disrespect, lack of compassion, or horrible care. I don’t recommend anyone entrust Aspen Dental for your Dental needs.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I had a meeting to discuss what I need. I was advised to have all my teeth but 4 lower. This will cost 7,200.00. I will have to pay this before they start or take out a loan at 14% interest. They made them twice. The first set they adjusted numerous times. They offered to make a new set. I had the second set made. I had them 2 weeks when they broke. I will never pay before I get service again. I hope I can find a dentist that can fix the problem.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I went to Aspen Dental because my bridge have broken. They made a partial refund which did my fit right for 2400.00. Told them I didn’t like the fitting or how it looked but they said it was the best they could do. I had no choice but to go back to them when my front tooth came out. They attached a tooth to the bridge I had. Again very disappointed told them tooth was pink and it was now fitting right. They told me it was the best they could do. Now after a few months the front tooth broke. They are still trying to charge me 480 dollars. But an not paying for something I can’t wear. Now collections is trying to collect. But am not paying for this mess.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I have had extensive dental work done, since I was 7. I have bad teeth. To be honest, I probably did not brush as often and never flossed. I'm now 42. Last week, after having tooth pain for the last year, the pain was too much. After work, I was driving home and just asked Google for dentists near me. Luckily, Aspen was the closest.

I got in the next morning at 8:45 a.m. First I will share all I had done. I had a screening, Xrays and exam. From Tues Oct 30 until today Nov 6 2018 I had 7 fillings, a root canal, prep for 3 crowns. Keep in mind it had been 5+ years since I'd been in a dental chair. Now the staff. This was my experience at Aspen Dental in NORTH CHARLESTON. From the moment I walked in Leah, at the front desk, was friendly and compassionate. The hygienist Denise has a gentle touch and is extremely knowledgeable and great at explaining everything. Carol, Cheryl and Vanessa all assisted the dentists, Dr. ** and the other dentist who did my root canal.

All staff, and I do mean ALL staff were very friendly, compassionate, knowledgeable, caring and funny. I can honestly say that this was the best experience I've ever had at a dental office. The team is a dream team. My other experiences, at other practices (in Canada and other USA cities) were not bad... Just not this comfortable or accommodating. This IS a real review. I am a real person. My background is not in dentistry... so believe me I was just as scared as the next guy to have to even go in. Oh... I'm also not made of money. Robyn was the office gal who handles the finances. They helped me apply for and receive credit from a third party company to pay.

I will be a patient for life. After this experience I'm not worried days before about all that. I'm anticipating. Great staff! Great experience! I personally highly recommend. I'm originally from Calgary Alberta Canada. Adding that TidBit of info so people know I value polite and friendly service and so that no one thinks I wrote a review because I'm related to anyone who works there. I am not. Just a real person who is highly satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Today I got my new dentures at another dentist. After 7 months of excuses as to why my teeth did NOT fit. The new ones fit perfect from another dentist! I could not even bite bread and Aspen Dental told me I did not have enough bone left as I'm 84 years old. I was warned about corporate dental offices but the payment plan attracted me. My new perfect fit lower teeth only cost $950.00 and I can bite anything. UPDATE: 11/6/2018 - Aspen Dental finally refunded my credit account they opened. Then they changed their mind and reopened my balance. These people are not honest at all. I gave them every chance to correct my teeth and they refused. I have forwarded all information to my attorney and am waiting.

Aspen Dental expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Aspen Dental practices are individually owned and operated but share a commitment to similar values, like compassion and respect, and receive business support from Aspen Dental Management, Inc. There are almost 550 Aspen Dental practices across the United States serving over 3.7 million patients a year.

• Options: Aspen Dental offer four styles of full dentures and three styles of partial dentures, so patients can find a denture product that meets their needs and budget. They also offer single tooth implant and implant-supported dentures.

• On-site denture lab: All Aspen Dental locations have an on-site dental lab. This allows patients to get their dentures, implants, crowns and bridges as fast as possible.

• Guarantee: Aspen Dental offers a money-back guarantee on all dentures, both full and partial sets. If patients are unhappy, they have three months to return the dentures and request a full refund.

• General dentistry: Aspen Dental practices offer a wide array of dental services in addition to dentures and implants. Those looking for a dentist to meet all their oral health needs will appreciate this variety of services.

• Costs and discounts: Interested consumers can visit the website for their local Aspen Dental location to see a list of fees for all available services. They can also find available deals and special pricing offers listed on the website.

• Best for: consumers who want a single dentist for all their needs and those who need service quickly.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs