1.20/5
Based on 158 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Stow, OH

694 Aspen Dental Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 19, 2018

When I first went to Aspen I had a tooth that was bothering, the dentist said I needed a crown but no root canal. Okay sounded about right, then I was told I needed some type of deep cleaning that insurance didn't cover and that would have to be done before they would do my crown, so they asked for $969 before they would do anything. Then on the next visit they asked for $200 more, then today I go and they need $400+ more and I have had done is a deep clean, I haven't even been fitted or whatever for my crown or even gotten the temp. crown but they want $1600 before ummm I get my crown...

The lady kept saying 60% blah blah blah and she doesn't know why it hasn't been collected, blah, blah, blah... And they have already sent $1100 through my insurance. Yep so far I have paid $1100 and my insurance has paid $1100 and I have had my teeth cleaned... Never again. I told them where to go and I will be getting my crown at a dentist that is honest and not trying to be the "used car dealership" of dentist... And oh a $135 toothbrush... wtf. Do not go there.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I’m on my third week of not having my new dentures. I was told that they would be ready when I got my teeth pulled. When I got them I had the biggest buck teeth and they hurt so bad I could not put them in. I’ve already been charged for them. Got a bill for them and I don’t even have my teeth yet. I think you better fix it because I’m not paying the credit card payment that you set me up with until I have my dentures. I’m not paying for something I don’t have. Whoever made this set of dentures has no business making dentures. My teeth never looked like this. It’s hideous and embarrassing and downright ugly. About the most expensive set you have and this is what I ended up with.

So I’m going around with no teeth when I was promised them on the day I got my teeth pulled. I have spent a fortune on gas for unnecessary trips that I’ve had to make back out there which is a three hour round-trip. I believe I should be compensated for my gas and my time for making all the extra trips to Farmington from Cape Girardeau Missouri for their screwup. Why did you charge him to the card before I ever got them done. I don’t understand that. I was also put in April billing cycle when I didn’t even come there till the end of May. I’m one very very unhappy pissed off patient.

I’m going to my attorney and see what can be done about this. This is humiliating running around with no teeth. I can’t talk with these buck teeth and spit comes out my mouth when I do try to talk. They should’ve never happened. I should’ve got my dentures when I was told I would and I should’ve never been charge for them until after I had them. Something needs to be done. I want to be compensated for all my gas money and my dime for coming up there making unnecessary trips.

Get expert buying tips about Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2018

This business engages in bad faith business practices. They demanded payment for services that they did not disclose were being performed nor did they ever disclose the cost for the services until after they were performed. Very dishonest! My first phone call was to inquire about the cost of a cleaning prior to ever scheduling an appointment. Cost $$84. First visit I was told in advance the cleaning would be $84. At Checkout was charged $84. My 2nd cleaning I assumed would be the same as the first. No mention was made at check in nor at ANY time. Upon check-out a payment of $187 was demanded! I never agreed to these charges. Very dishonest. A company should not be allowed to trick consumers like this.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I had all my teeth pulled in Feb 17 and have constantly had trouble with them. They told me that I should not have them pulled, a money grab, that I should have them all repaired. This would have cost me over 20 grand. I went again today and was told I needed implants to hold my dentures, another money grab. Be careful using them. They always say it can be financed. Meanwhile I am gumming everything. To top it all off, they left a hole into my sinus open and a root left in my gum.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Got 3000 dollars upfront for services and a lot of hype and did not get near that. Was told cap was on special and when I confronted them with that they adjusted it but said they had to call the office first. I put the money up for a friend of mine to get this work done. Said they would whiten teeth, never happened. Put the crown in but was already partially done but was charged accordingly. Were supposed to fill in a front tooth that had been chipped for some time and also at the same time had a partial made that involved two teeth and it still does not fit right.

Was told to run under hot water, but have never seen the dentist since it was finished. Even for the initial placement. Was told they would whiten the teeth that were mine, that did not happen. Was put in by an aide and I was shoved out the door. Never feel they are trying after a couple of months to get me in for another 200.00 cleaning. Guess you know where they can stick that cleaning. Will be getting a lawyer today and see what can be done. Am finished with these fly by nighters. They are as bad as super cut haircuts. Get them in. Get them out and take the money and run. If you're in Bradenton I advise a private dentist group for your needs. Will not cost any more.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspen Dental?

Original review: June 7, 2018

On my first visit, I found out that I would have to come back for the cleaning I thought I had signed up for. Based on the x-rays taken and a quick going over, the dentist told me I had three little cavities and the hygienist said I had pretty bad bone recession and might require a deep cleaning. (I think I might have been told this at some other point in my life). Then I had to sit down to discuss the charges/payment in another office which has never happened before at any dentist. Usually, a dentist would always bring in an estimate and discuss the procedures. When the estimate printout showed that they would charge the insurance company $228.00 per filling, something felt wrong. Especially as I "could finance". At that point I felt like I had been herded down an assembly line. Sitting down with four separate people took a long time out of my day!

I went to another well reviewed private dentist the next week. I'd have no insurance coverage and I'd have to pay out of pocket. He found I did not have any cavities, and he did not see any evidence of bone recession. The entire cleaning cost me $200.00 and was very professional. Before moving to Savannah, my dentist was rated as a top doctor in Portland, OR, and I saw him faithfully every six months. I left my private dentist feeling I had been played at Aspen Dental. If they had done any drilling, they would have done unnecessary damage to my teeth. A deep cleaning to prevent "further bone recession" would have been uncomfortable, invasive, and not needed. Aspen Dentistry did not come off as ethical. I'm glad I listened to my intuition, but others may not be so lucky.

Original review: June 6, 2018

This the worst place you can go to. They told me I need three filling and a crown. I had just left another dentist. I guess about 3 days ago and they told said I only need two filling so I went back for them to do my teeth and he drilled and drilled then he went to the other teeth that was just broke off in the past. I just had a feeling the teeth didn't hurt at all. That's why they only did the filling. I left out of there. My face was so numb up to my ear. They didn't give me no prescription or nothing for the pain until I called to cancel for the crown they wanted to put in my mouth.

It's been 3 weeks and my mouth still hurts. I can't chew a simple piece of gum without it. Feel like somebody stabbing me. Remember I went in there with no pain but let me tell you about the reception. I told her that the crown came off the same day. She said that's why they call it a temporary crown. I had call about my dental records. The man said I could come get a copy but when I get there she had gave me a paper copy. I went back to let her know I needed something better than that. She said that's all she can give me.

Am going back in the morning as soon as they open up and tell them somebody need to look at my mouth because I shouldn't wake up in pain or my mouth with bleeding, I'm going to ask for my records again. I am paying for them. What are y'all hiding and the reason why you don't want me to see my dental records. 6/5/18 I went back to tell them about my mouth. They wanted to do something I don't. I wasn't trying to hear anything. I just told them to pull it. I will never go back to them. Yes they just rip off. I thought they supposed to sew your gum up where they pull the teeth out. Well if they do they didn't she pull it and send me on out the door (SECOND OPINION BETTER YET JUST STAY AWAY FROM THEM).

Original review: June 6, 2018

Terrible service. Got some work done there a few months ago. They told me it was going to be x amount. Didn't have enough money to cover it so they offered a credit card. Took the card... Paid for the entire service. Then get a letter in the mail about some money I owe them. Call them. They said just to ignore it... I ignored it then I got another one. Called them, left a message, never got a callback. Called them again they said, "Oh yeah that was because the insurance didn't cover as much as we expected." Okay fine. Let me pay it with the credit card I was forced to get in order to get the service. "We can't take that over the phone. That has to be done in person." They're not open on the weekend. I work the same time they're open and my boyfriend and I share a car so by the time I got out he'd be using it so I couldn't get there for the one hour they're open for anyway. So I explained this dozens of times.

So get this. I go in and give them the credit card finally and they said it was too late for me to use the credit card because it has a sixty day period from when you got the service to pay up. Didn't know any of this. So the lady at the front desk said she'd charge me for another visit so that she could pay the bill with the Genesis credit and then null it on my insurance so I can still be seen in June. She said she'd call me back to let me know if it worked or if there were issues. Never did. I just get a collections notice in the mail for the very bill she said she'd take care of... I call them and all they said was, "I don't know why she said she'd do that." But just kept repeating Genesis has a sixty day period.

All of this would not have happened if they were upfront about the bill. They answered my calls when I called and called me with said issues... I mean ** I didn't even know my insurance didn't cover a fraction of it until months later then by the time I was alerted I had a couple weeks before Genesis' due date. Absolutely terrible service. They don't know how to communicate. They are not willing to work with you. Their billing department is ** trash. Do not go here!!! Save your money and go to an actual reputable place that actually cares about the customer and are willing to work with them. I will never recommend them. As a matter of fact I will always bring this story up to anyone thinking of going there!

P.S. While you're there the staff is super unprofessional talking to one another during time with patients and the dentist. Also They're not prepared during procedures. A couple times being there the people working in my mouth had to stop what they were doing to get something else making the time in the chair much longer than it had to be. Also I am not sure her name she's an Indian woman is cold and abrasive. When I asked her questions about the procedures and what some of the things she was saying meant she immediately got impatient with me acting as if I shouldn't even be asking. And she has this she's the doctor so just listen to her kind of attitude. Super condescending.

I can't even stress to you the billing departments **. Every other business you can pay your bills online or over the phone. Also they warn you a dozen times before something goes to collections. And are willing to work with you so that the bill gets paid. There was nothing being done. As a matter of fact it was because of poor communication and untrained ignorant employees that the bill went to collections to begin with.

I mean when I went to pay it face to face with the credit card the woman took down all my info because I was in a rush and had to go. Said she'd charge my card and if it didn't work she'd call me. Never got the call. Assumed it worked. If she had called me to tell me it didn't work like she was supposed to I would've paid with my debit card right then and there. I had the money which I told them I just wanted to use the credit card because that's what I got it for. For the dentist. Can't use it anywhere else. So instead of calling me to warn me so I can pay them they send it to collections.

Update. My bf pays the bills it submits twice... Fast forward a couple days. He asks them for a refund. The stupid receptionist refunded my Genesis credit card which can't be used anywhere else and that he can't even use. So they didn't even give my boyfriend back his money. As a matter of fact they gave it to someone else. I mean yes it was given to me and I can pay it back to him but it shouldn't have gotten put on my card. It should've been put on his. So he says, "Can you refund me." They said they couldn't because he submitted the payment on a secure site and don't have his card info. None of this even made sense. They said he'd have to call Genesis to get the money back...

I call Genesis. They said I would have to get the refund from Aspen Dental not them... Aspen Dental said to get the refund from Genesis. It's unbelievable. All of this could've been avoided if they told me the bill upfront and actually communicated with me and kept me in the loop. Nope. Left a review on Google and those sheisty ** managed to take it down. Not only that I can't see the review but none of my friends can. No one can find it. Which means they definitely pay someone to manipulate Google reviews. Sheisty business. I posted this complaint on Yelp and also on BBB and reached out to a representative there... Hopefully something can be done about my credit score but I am a little hopeless at this point. My credit score shouldn't even have been affected... Because of some dumb receptionists billing agents.

Original review: June 5, 2018

This dentist office should be shut down. We changed dentist and selected them because our other dentist office went through a change and we didn't like it so decided to move and Aspen Dental. WORST MISTAKE EVER!!! They have canceled both initial visits for our kids and they have not been seen in over a year and they seemed like they didn't care. Their excuse both times was that they had no dentist available. They also did see my wife and gave her some BS that she had a mouth disease and that was proven not true. They are nothing but a scam and should be shut down or investigated to why they treat their patients this way.

Original review: June 5, 2018

When I went to Aspen Dental as a new patient I was very impressed with the dentist and her staff. I went in for a routine cleaning and was surprised to learn I needed $3000 worth of dental work. I have never in my life paid for services before they were done. But I agreed to go through their credit people and finance the work. Before the work was even started, the finance charges started. I was led to believe that claims were being filed with my dental insurance company and after several months of waiting, I called my insurance company. No claims had been filed. I wish I had researched this company before going there. I will be going back to my previous dentist from now on. Expensive lesson learned.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I want to warn everyone about Aspen Dental. Yesterday I visited my family dentist. I had X-rays and a cleaning. Found a few minor issues and scheduled to get them fixed. Come to find out our new dental insurance isn't accepted there. Bummer. So, I get an appointment for Aspen Dental. Tell them I just (less than 24 hours ago) had a cleaning and x-rays. I just need them to fix what my dentist had found. So, they make me redo xrays-- annoyed but went along. They then make me do this crazy exam where they tell me I have periodontal disease. Next, they tell me they found 9 cavities! Next they tell me I need an antibiotic rinse. Then they proceed to tell me I need a special deep cleaning, because my teeth are dirty. Even though I literally just had them cleaned.

I had a weird feeling so I asked for all their findings to be printed out so I could bring them to my regular, family dentist. After all this, an 'office manager', a lady who is NOT a dentist, proceeds to tell me about my treatment plan that will take months and multiple appointments and products. Are you kidding me!? They talk about loans I can take out and this and that. Ridiculous. I seriously was just at the dentist yesterday, who I see regularly, and he told me all is well. How can I go from a healthy mouth with a few minor issues to periodontal disease and months of treatment needed- oh, and 9 cavities! Aspen Dental is a scam.

After literally spending hours reading reviews tonight and annoying my husband by making him read them, I found EVERY person being told they had some sort of gum disease and needed a special cleaning. And, I searched local informed sites and people were told by Aspen that they had cavities and after a second opinion with their family dentist, they did not! Don't waste your time and money at Aspen. Unfortunately, Aspen is the only place within an hour drive that takes our insurance. But, for our peace of mind, we'll be paying out of pocket to our family dentist who we trust.

Original review: May 25, 2018

They want you to pay upfront which is fine but then they wanted another 716.10 later on because their computer "miscalculated". That amount shouldn't be allowed because it wasn't the agreed upon price.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I was assaulted in Ohio, a year ago and my teeth were knocked out. I went to Aspen (3/2/18) to get a top denture, and a partial (still have not received them) my denture was placed in my mouth the same day my teeth were removed. Went back to them two weeks later, and they gave me a soft refill which at that point I was not able to wear the denture at all. It was about an inch thick in my mouth so it made me gag 24/7. I complained to them and was told that they could only file it down a little at a time. This went on for 13 days, finally went in 5/23/18 and dentist said they would remove soft fill. When they did that the denture would not fit back into my mouth, so then the dentist started filling the denture down.

When she got finished the denture still did not fit properly, it was crooked in my mouth where she filed it down too much, so I told her that I could not wear it and she said that I would have to get use to them and eventually they would fit and straighten out. I told her that I was unsatisfied and that she needed to either give me back my money ($2,967) or redo my teeth. I called Dental First (credit) and explained the situation to them, so I would not be charged any kind of fees for not paying my bill each month and Dental First was very understanding and sent my dispute to the right individual so I will not have to pay until my dispute is settled.

I am getting in contact with Better Business, along with the American Dental Association and I will also be filing in civil court to sue them for the money my insurance company paid them ($1500) and the money I have paid already out of pocket ($260). Which by the way they told me my insurance company only paid them $1001, and instead of them crediting my account for that amount, they only credited my account $900.

Original review: May 23, 2018

They are overrated even with one star. What's the purpose of having insurance. They charge twice the amount, of what the ad says and says insurance company only wants to pay up 60 percent. They are crooks!! I'll never go back there.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I have been going to Aspen Dental for about 8 years, up in PA. I have invested a lot of money for my teeth. I recently to Fl. and starting going to Aspen Dental in West Palm Beach, Fl. When I first starting going there it wasn't too bad. I had much more work done and everything was fine, or so I thought. I went back for another procedure and at that point I had no payments due, except for what I paid at that time. The next thing I see is a new staff member in the front. Which is great, or so I thought. Insurance had changed and all of a sudden I owe a bunch of money that I was told was paid and they can't see me until it is paid. Well first of all it was a little over $400 and I have paid thousand over the years, so they basically turned me away.

I asked if it was turned into my insurance and they said yes it was denied, but they failed to say was they turned it into the wrong insurance co. so obviously it was denied. Several times I called and tried to straighten it out and the young man in the front just didn't get it. So one last time I asked him to please submit my claim. And again he never did, I called my Insurance Co. is how I know. Not only that I asked for someone to please call me back and let me know because I really need to get this finished because at this point I was tired of pain and discomfort. No one called me, instead they turned it into collections, for no payment of the $400 and some dollars, and they refused to see me until it was paid in full. Is all I was asking them is to turn the claim into the right insurance co, to see if it was covered before I paid out of pocket and call me back, AND NO ONE EVER DID.

A month later is when I called and he tells me it was turned into collections for no payment. There were no apologies or reasons why no one contacted me. There was though, "We cant see you until you pay that amount." Again turned me away, and the work they began is still not completed, and I am having discomfort all the time. I was very upset so I then called Aspen Dental Headquarters in Syracuse, NY. The person I spoke briefly to, JOSH, has yet to return a call, and I have called at least 10 times but probably 15, and absolutely not one word from one single person, and he, JOSH, is suppose to be the district manager. I did call another Aspen Dental in another area to transfer my records and finish the work, but to be honest it is only because I have to.

There was work that needed done before this and it wasn't. Now in order to see the other office it's a little closer to $500. Money is always a issue for anyone if they don't think they owe it or if insurance will pick it up, but the thing of it is it could have been done two months ago and without turning it into collections, it isn't like I just went in for a cavity, I had thousand of work done through Aspen Dental in the last eight years, so I wanted to have someone communicate with me. Again no one did and the work is still not done. I use to recommend Aspen Dental, and I just will not any longer and when I finally get this straightened out, I will never go back.

I am very upset that they turned me away, twice and they were the reason it hadn't been paid yet, and it very well could have been. Now the work is half done and will not be completed until I get this worked out. The thing of it is that I am now looking at things and I am not so sure I ever owed that $400 when just a month before I was paid up, or so they said. To be honest I wasn't disputing whether it was owed or not, it was the Insurance and the way I was treated and turned away, with a job half done. Now I am looking over things from the work they did do and what was and was not paid. I will never go back when this is said and done, and I am very upset.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I DO NOT recommend Aspen Dental. Has been a nightmare from the beginning. They told me I had to pay up front. I go in for next appointment and they say I owe $900.00. Go in to get teeth cleaned. Say I owe $225.00. I have been in 6 times to get temporary dentures aligned and they still aren't right. Please stay away from that place.

Original review: May 16, 2018

This has been the worst experience of my entire life!!! I have never felt so ill towards another company of any kind as I do with Aspen Dental. I had an old filling fall out in between 2 teeth. This being my only pain or issue I had, I made an appointment with the closest center to me, a 45 min drive. Everyone seemed polite, took my x-rays and sat me in a room to look at a bill for $12,000 for a ton of work, cleanings etc. Well that wasn't happening so I opted for $5509 worth of work to fix the original issue (which ended up costing me 2 root canals for the 2 teeth) and 1 replacement filling for a tooth I've never had an issue with and some routine cleanings. So I took the fast Genesis credit and charged it. Fine! They immediately fixed my old filling, which was done by a new girl and done incorrectly so it caused me more damage to the molar below it which I now have to have fixed elsewhere since I'll never go back to AD.

I left and had to come back 2 hrs later for the "real dentist" to fix my problem 2 teeth. She was great, even though I was not told what was going to take place for a root canal, guess that's my job to research before I get work done. Fine! Anyways, my 1st step was done. I went home pain free thinking things were wonderful. Then I get a call that the lady doing my cleaning had school so she couldn't see me. Fine, I rescheduled. When I went for my next appointment they said they had tried to reach me saying they had to reschedule again since she wasn't available. Now after 45 mins driving 1 way I was irritated but luckily my crowns came in so they could do those. Great! Those were put in and to this day I have issues with them. My 1 crown is crooked and I have a big black line across my tooth very visible as I smile or talk. Not Good! So I'm irritated by this point.

The dentist was great, no pain from that but the teeth cause me pain and my filling has ruined other teeth. I finally get a chance to get my cleaning done and was told, that a $135 toothbrush plus mouthwash etc has already been charged to me. I'm a little more irritated now. I then get a call saying they need to reschedule my 2nd cleaning due to the woman not being there. If it wasn't bad enough that she asked me to give her a Google review, this was now the 3rd cancellation. Pissed now! I said I wasn't rescheduling again and credit my account. Well I get all my bills together from my insurance and decide to make sure I'm credited the proper amounts. Nope I wasn't. Surprised... No! I have now been battling with Olean, NY Aspen Dental for 6 months trying to get a $135 credit. I have provided all the necessary paperwork multiple times to the AD office and contacted my insurance company.

The Olean office case manager MiKaelya, or however you spell it, refuses to speak with me. The other office personnel can't or won't help and I have been treated horrible and ignored many times. I paid $5509 in a flash but getting a credit has been agonizing. Seriously crediting me $135 for you overcharging me and then treated like a pos is not ok in any way. My other family members have opted not to ever go to Aspen Dental.

Original review: May 11, 2018

My long time dentist was no longer covered by our dental insurance as of Jan. 1, 2018. I had a cleaning and check up scheduled with them in January and in Dec. they called me and told me about the insurance situation. While trying to find a dentist in the area that was covered under our very limited insurance I started to have pain under a cap that had been placed over a year earlier. I had had a root canal and the cap placed shortly after and no problems until April of this year. Within 2 weeks the tooth area was throbbing and I had to do something. The reviews for the Aspen Dental in Waukesha were not good and even the BBB rated them a "C" something that is very hard to do with the BBB. I was getting frantic so I made an appointment because I could get in quickly. I was seen by the dentist after a unusually large amount of x-rays (this is one of the complaints).

She said my root canal was failing and I would need to see an endodontist. I knew the tooth or what was left of it was infected - I know that pain well and asked several times for antibiotics. ** was called in. I had not had a chance to fill out all the forms before I left the Aspen office that day (and no one seemed to think that was important) but I had gotten as far as putting down that I was allergic to **. I immediately Called Aspen and said I was allergic to ** and was sure I had put that down on the forms. ** was then called in- 150 mg. 1- 3x per day. I had an appointment with the endodontist the next Monday so I thought I'd be fine. It took about 4 days for the antibiotics to begin to work and then by Friday the pain was as bad as it had been before. I called the Aspen office and was told to call my regular Dr.

This seemed very odd to me and I said the dentist had just seen me Monday, was familiar with the issue and I felt she should be handling this. I was told again to call my regular Dr. I did that and was told first of all that my dentist should be handling this, they were not a dental office and that my regular Dr. would not recommend anything else without seeing me and she was booked for the day. I called Aspen back and relayed that info to them- they were shocked that my regular Dr. wouldn't help. It is, by the way, common practice for any Dr. to refuse to prescribe anything without first seeing the patient and I was sure Aspen knew this. I was promised a call back by 1:00p.m. when the office closed. Aspen did use the word "promise". I said if I had to go to urgent care over this I would send Aspen the bill. No call came before 1:00p.m.

I ended up at urgent care and it took a medical facility an hour of calling to get the emergency dentist to call back. The emergency dentist said I was given half the normal dose of ** used for my problem. The urgent care Dr. agreed and so the urgent care Dr. prescribed the proper dose and within a day and a half I felt much better. By now I had decided to find another dental office. I had originally been given a date to clean my teeth 6 months down the line and they automatically added on a "fluoride varnish", not covered by insurance, that I had not agreed too. I look carefully at all aftercare paperwork and when I saw the varnish had been added I called the office and asked that it be taken off. I also asked for an earlier cleaning appointment since it was over a year since my teeth had been cleaned.

I hadn't even been asked if I wanted to be put on a cancelation list. When I asked why it took so long to get a cleaning appointment I was told they only had 1 hygienist. I was shocked. Every office I have been in in the last 20 years has been crawling with hygienists so either this Aspen office didn't want more than 1 hygienist, didn't pay well enough for anyone to want to work there or had a very high turn over rate. The reviews stated that the turn over in that office was huge so I would assume that's the reason but people usually keep leaving because the work or pay is not good. I was offered a cancellation the next Wed. at 10:15 a.m. I took the appointment even though it meant I had to miss a rehearsal that was very important to me (I am a musician). I showed up on time that day, was told I was all checked in and then I sat for 25 min.

At one point the receptionist came over and asked if my first name was Eileen. She claimed there were 3 Eileen's there that day. I found that hard to believe as the waiting room was not very full and most of the patients were elderly. I have an unusual first name and never once in my 60 years have there been 3 Eileen's in the same place. I knew something was up. Five minutes later I was ushered into a room by a young man with a suit and tie who said the owner of that Aspen office would no longer accept me as a patient because I had threatened to sue them! I had done no such thing. I have been involved in suing someone once in my life, it was in regards to my daughter, was very expensive, time consuming and stressful even though we won. I would never threaten something I was unwilling to do and I certainly was not going to try and sue an office that I knew had a bad reputation in the first place and I still had chosen to go there.

I asked who had accused me of that - no answer. I asked in what context I supposedly said that - he didn't know. I asked why in the world I got a text that morning reminding me of my cleaning appointment when it was already decided I would not be seen - he didn't know. I also received a text the next day saying I had missed my cleaning appointment. One hand does not know what the other is doing there. For anyone who lives in the Waukesha, Wi. area and is thinking of going to the Aspen Dental in Waukesha - read the reviews about that office and believe them. I would say they are all true and then some. Don't go there - they do try and sell you things you don't want and are not covered by insurance, they are understaffed. The dentist there is unaware of the usual dose of antibiotics given for a fairly common issue and does not read the list of patient allergies before calling in a prescription.

To be fair - if Walgreens had been doing their job I never would have known the dentist made that mistake because they filled the prescription even though they knew I was allergic to **. After 16 years of using that pharmacy the majority of the time, they were well aware of my allergies. I was promised a call by the office manager twice before I was told I would no longer be seen and neither call ever came. No one would tell me the name of the office manager. Why in the world would anyone let someone come in for a scheduled appointment, make them wait for 25 minutes and then tell them they would no longer be seen? What is the point of that? I could have gone to my rehearsal if someone had called the day before and told me the appointment was cancelled. It took me 2 days to find out the position of the young man who told me I supposedly threatened to sue them was manager in training.

He didn't even have a business card. He did give me a general Aspen appointment card with his name on it and said to call if I had any questions and I do have questions. He will not return the call. I have been told he doesn't work there, he is in a meeting, there is no one by that name there etc... This is not an honestly run business. To top it off they told me they were referring me to an endodontist that was covered by the insurance - they are not so I was stuck with a 450.00 bill for more x-rays and cannot go back for further treatment of the failing root canal because it would cost thousands of dollars out of pocket. Read and believe - stay away!

Original review: May 9, 2018

Bait and switch. Incredibly high prices and asking for more for basic services. Would not recommend. Lots of pressure to buy more high priced services and schedule into the future. Have received countless solicitations even after I declined additional services - again, nothing was wrong with my teeth. Basic cleaning, $1400 beyond insurance coverage. Went to another DDS 6 months later, and he laughed at the "services offered."

Original review: May 5, 2018

To make this a completely honest review I have to say the dentist was awesome and removed the teeth quickly. Now for the fun part. I'm very prone to infection. They did not give me antibiotics. They did prescribe an antibiotic rinse along with a paper stating not to rinse my mouth for 24 hours - go figure. Also told me to take ** for pain - would not give me one days worth of painkillers. Fair enough I guess - Except that less than 24 hours later my mouth is pretty obviously infected again. Yay and I'm in so much pain despite taking 24 ** and 8 ** - that a few hours ago I seriously considered blowing my own head off.

So great dentist, but if you don't like being in pain, or are prone to infection avoid it like the plague. Me? I'm trying to wait until Monday so I don't have to hit the ER. In the end, the price would have been great if it wasn't for the added expense of the next doctor's bill - minimum of $100 just to get the antibiotics I need. Hopefully by then won't need the pain meds, we'll see how bad the infection is Monday.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I went to Aspen Dental and had an infection in my gums and need 1 tooth pulled and a partial for the bottom. When I first went in I signed a paper that had been prepared for me for a little over $2 thousand dollars which $983.00 was put on a bill that I pay so much a month for 1 year. When I went to get my teeth cleaned they wanted $121.00. I was so upset I did not pay it as I am on SS and don't have that much to play around with.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Had a bad toothache, and I went in for an extraction, the staff was extremely rude and dismissive, they do not even offer nitrous oxide and they do nothing to make you comfortable. The dentist shot the roof of my mouth right next to the abscessed tooth and I screamed, the pain was so terrible. Expensive, inept, I have nothing good to say.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I went to Aspen Dental back in 2008, I needed to get full dentures, and had no dental insurance so my fiance decided he would finance them for me so we can get them done. We sat with them in the Scranton, PA location for over an hour going over different options. I was young, only 34 years old, and the woman we met with was so comforting, and understanding. She went over the different warranties offered, the warranty on the dentures and optional warranties as well. She stated with how young I was, it would be beneficial to purchase a lifetime warranty on my dentures since the longest warranty offered with any of the products was 7 years. We agreed, and in total our balance was over $5000. Here I am, 10 years later, with all my original paperwork being denied the work that needs to be done. The dentures no longer fit properly, they need to either be adjusted or redone, I have major issues with my jaw due to the bite not being level.

According to every person I speak with now at Aspen, they do not now nor have they ever offered lifetime warranties to be purchased, and the longest warranty they have is 7 years. I was straight out told they have all my records, but no record at all of an extended warranty being purchased, and since they do not have it in their records, my documents are invalid because I could have altered them to fit my needs. Then they had the nerve to ask me if I wanted to schedule an appointment to come in and have them make me new ones, and go figure, they can have them financed for us again.

Original review: April 24, 2018

My experience with Aspen was incredibly eye opening as to how quickly people can change on you once they receive what they want. I haven't been to a dentist for a LONG time, and I needed to be seen for a chipped tooth, (which incidentally is STILL not fixed). Aspen made me feel very comfortable, and sucked me into the tune of 6200.00 to get my teeth fixed and back on track. I was VERY excited about this. I felt like I was back on track again to oral health. Well, everything went fine until I needed my bottom partials adjusted... Then hell's gate opened up. I have NEVER dealt with more rude and obnoxious people in all my life!! They have made me so upset, that my husband took over talking with them and trying to resolve things, and in his 25 plus years of dealing with the public in car sales even HE threw in the towel with them.

There is NO reasoning or dealing with these people, ABSOLUTELY NONE!! The ONLY decent people in the Owatonna office were KT, Nikki and Brittany. The rest of them were a joke and an embarrassment to the dental profession, and to customer service. I'm still trying to find a dentist to fill my tooth, and I would NEVER recommend Aspen to ANYONE... Not even my WORST enemy!!

Original review: April 23, 2018

I went to Aspen Dental to have one tooth removed, it turned out they manipulated me through my vulnerability to get all remain 16 teeth out. They promised me a low payment of $128.00 18 month no interest, they lied and I got a minimum of $171.00 and a 14.99 APR for a 48 month loan!!! I was not told it was a 48 month loan. All the papers were filled out by a office manager of Aspen Dental. I asked many time you sure my payment will be $128.00 because I am on disability and can't pay more and He reassured me.

Well now after many months and much more clarity, how could Aspen Dental fill out application for a credit card when they're the ones financially benefiting (conflict of interest). So I find an article on CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau) website, that says titled "Consumer bureau hits medical financing company CareCredit with $34.1 million Action" Dated Dec. 10, 2013. In the article it clearly says "CareCredit must create new disclosures with detailed description of deferred-interest product and give consumers advance notice of expiration of the promotion period. Patients must also be enrolled directly through A CareCredit representative, not through the office staff of a doctor or dentist, for transactions over $1,000." My debt was over $6,000.

As I see it they broke that agreement. So I had to return my temp. teeth and cancel my permanent teeth to bring down my amount to under $3,000 assuming that my minimum payment would be more affordable, NOPE they said my contract with them is minimum payment $171.00 and if I want promotional to change that only Aspen Dental can do that, only the dentist office can change my credit card payment!!!! How fraudulent is that!!!! So now I have NO teeth and am quickly going into massive debt because two companies are working together to defraud people who are vulnerable! I disputed by Aspen Dental lied that I agreed to a resolution. So what now?

Original review: April 20, 2018

I unfortunately went to Aspen Dental for my dentures in August of 2016. I was told my balance after insurance would be $3484.00, and got a loan for that amount. In July 2017, after having nothing but problems with my ill fitting dentures, I was told that mini implants (surgically implants posts) were the only way to stabilize my lower plate. I met with Amber about the cost, telling her I most likely cannot have this done because it would be too expensive and she said 'good news! Your insurance started over in January and they will pay $2400.00! Give me a hug, I'm sooo happy for you!' She went on and on about how her mom got these mini implants and what a difference they had made blah blah blah. I called my Credit Union and since I had paid quite a bit of my original amount already they agreed to lend me the $1346.00 I needed for the procedure.

I had it done and in December. I started getting past due bills for the $2300.00!!! I called and talked with Amber and told her I would have NEVER had this done if I thought for a second that insurance wouldn't pay! She said she'd make some calls and get back to me. Never happened! Then the bs began! I kept getting invoices and phone calls saying I still owed $2400! I finally went to the Aspen office and talked with Val and she called MetLife AND Aspen headquarters. MetLife said they refused it because of 'frequency'... She tried over and over to explain that I had never had this done previously. Aspen Dental headquarters said 'they were handling it', that they were already aware of this and they were litigating with MetLife. She told me not to worry about this and she would call and have them to stop sending invoices and that she would get back to me. NEVER HAPPENED!

When I got back from visiting my daughter in April, I had a letter from a collection agency!!! Now this pitiful company has ruined my credit!!! I now have to talk to a lawyer to see if I there is any legal action against them. I decided to use Google to see if there were any other unhappy customers and discovered there were indeed! Hundreds in fact! I just can't pay them any more than I'm already paying on my loan and I feel this is their fault not mine!!!

Original review: April 19, 2018

My 72 year old mother went to Aspen for routine work and they told her she needed partial bottom dentures. They quoted her about $1000. She agreed then after they removed her teeth and she had no choice, the price went up to $2000. She got a loan, paid them the extra $1000 and then they said they needed her to buy them a $700 tool so they could finish the dentures. They have a money back guarantee so she asked for her money back, they refused. She sent certified letters to their corporate office but they never responded. She's been without any teeth on the bottom of her mouth and has been completely unable to chew for two years now. To make matters worse, a 2nd dentist told her that there was no reason to have her teeth removed. It's disgraceful that things like this can happen in America.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I've had the worst experience with Aspen dental, went to get a root canal. And was told I needed a special 1,000 dollar cleaning afterwards before they would work on my cavities. I told them I'd rather have my cavities fixed, but they kept refusing because it would "pop the fillings out". I decided I wanted a second opinion, went to a new place and they told me it was a bunch of bull that the fillings would not fall out. They also offer the same cleaning Aspen wanted me to do for $160, they also said I do have some build up but that I do not need a special cleaning, a normal one would do. They were super pushy (not all of them, some of them were nice), and I regret going to them. However, they do have skilled dentists there. The root canal I had went well except for extra glue they had to get out from between my teeth. Won't be going back.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I have had my comfy lite denture top plate for 6 months. I'm no longer happy with them. They are loose, they make my upper jaw ache, I have a tooth that is pretty much sideways on the denture. They had me sign a paper stating I was happy when they showed me the wax denture but they are not the same. The teeth are not comfy to chew with. They don't match bottom of real teeth. I paid for the worst Denture ever!!!

Original review: April 17, 2018

I went to Aspen (Selinsgrove PA) as a new patient for a routine check-up. Although Aspen said online they accept my insurance, once I got there they informed me nothing would be covered but encouraged me to stay for the free exam and x-rays. After having panoramic x-rays taken, which lasted a long uncomfortable 20 mins, I was sent into an exam room where 4 different people had their hands in my mouth. I'm used to the hygienist and dentist poking around so to have several people looking but not explaining why, started the anxiety. It was very impersonal. After being there over an hour and a half, I was sent to a desk and given a quote by yet another stranger. Over $1500 for 5 fillings and a cleaning. They told me I had periodontal disease that was so severe, I needed to schedule the appointment right away. Made me feel stressed at my 'lack of oral hygiene.'

Thank God I got a second opinion. Turns out, I DO NOT have ANY cavities, my gum line is in normal limits, no periodontal disease. I will never be returning to Aspen. They remind me of a shady garage that tells you your car needs a lot of expensive work when in reality, simple maintenance is all that is truly needed. My clean teeth and full wallet are going to a reliable, trustworthy dentist from now on.

Aspen Dental expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Aspen Dental practices are individually owned and operated but share a commitment to similar values, like compassion and respect, and receive business support from Aspen Dental Management, Inc. There are almost 550 Aspen Dental practices across the United States serving over 3.7 million patients a year.

• Options: Aspen Dental offer four styles of full dentures and three styles of partial dentures, so patients can find a denture product that meets their needs and budget. They also offer single tooth implant and implant-supported dentures.

• On-site denture lab: All Aspen Dental locations have an on-site dental lab. This allows patients to get their dentures, implants, crowns and bridges as fast as possible.

• Guarantee: Aspen Dental offers a money-back guarantee on all dentures, both full and partial sets. If patients are unhappy, they have three months to return the dentures and request a full refund.

• General dentistry: Aspen Dental practices offer a wide array of dental services in addition to dentures and implants. Those looking for a dentist to meet all their oral health needs will appreciate this variety of services.

• Costs and discounts: Interested consumers can visit the website for their local Aspen Dental location to see a list of fees for all available services. They can also find available deals and special pricing offers listed on the website.

• Best for: consumers who want a single dentist for all their needs and those who need service quickly.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs