Aspen Dental

Stow, OH

Compare Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions

Research top Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

First of all, they try to convince you to have thousands of dollars of work done. That is not an option when you are on Social Security. Second, I lost a semi-front tooth and the Dentist suggested a replacement tooth without giving me any information on how it would work. It is not really attached to anything, I can not have it in while eating unless I want to swallow it. It falls out even when I talk. It is very tiny and you just shove it between the remaining teeth and hope it stays in. This cost me $600.00! I am not happy but do not know what recourse I have.

I was very pleased when I heard that Aspen Dental offered free xrays and exam to new patients. So I set up an appointment and visited them. Walked in the door and got no greeting. The teenybopper assistant hurt me during xrays because she clearly had no clue how to position the mouthpiece. Was directed to the exam room and Sat there for 11 minutes. During this time I got to listen to one of the doctors' babble to another patient about their DISGUSTING gum infection (EW!). I also happened to notice that my xrays were on a screen behind me so I looked at them for a min and some rude employee walked over to see what I was looking at (come to find out it was my doctor). She then gave me a dirty looked and walked away. So I kept sitting... waiting...

Finally, the weirdo comes back, does not tell me her name, and goes, "K, what's bothering your teeth?" I said, "Um... Nothing? I want a check up." She goes, "oh," and looks away and looks at my xrays. She then turns around and says, "K, you need 3 fillings..." I'm like, "OKAY??" So she then showed me where the cavities were and said, "Any questions?... Have a good day," and she walked away. WTF? So I then went to the office manager to find out a price and I kid you people not... I almost bursted out laughing when I heard the price. She starts off with "Any questions?" I said, "Yep, how much?" "1,200.00 for 3 FILLINGS." I said, "Nope, no more questions." I want my xrays so I can take them to my local dentist. Took my xrays and off I RAN. SCAM... WEIRDO EMPLOYEES... and UNPROFESSIONAL. Do not waste your time people!!!

I had an old filling that needed replacement and it finally chipped. After multiple visits it didn't fix the issue, I still have extremely sensitive area at that tooth. Also was told to bring $139 to pay, who got done with the visit the dentist himself said it's covered not to worry about it. I even tried to pay the receptionist who also stated it's already paid for. I assumed it was because of the previous dentist not fixing the pain. 5 months later I receive a bill for $295, and the only explanation is since none of the previous employees are still there that they can't explain why we we're told that. She also stated that this is an issue with multiple people from that same office and this is why their employees are no longer employed. I'm very upset at the way this has been handled and definitely will not be using them again.

I went in for a simple exam and cleaning. The girl that took my x-rays was not only rude but cut my gums by jamming the x-ray pieces into my mouth hard. The dentist then told me that I had major bone loss and that my teeth were all ready to fall out. He kept wiggling them back and forth very roughly saying "You feel that?" He refused to clean my teeth. He then told me that my teeth were beyond saving, would never get solid again and that I would need to have them all pulled and get a full set of dentures.

I was only 39 At the time. I was so upset I started to cry. The dentist hightailed it out of there with a word of comfort or a backwards glance. The finance girl took over and actually asked me what my credit limit on my card was! That was such a red flag that I said I had to process the thought of losing all my teeth and I left. I went to a new dentist a few weeks later and long story a little bit shorter, now about 3 years later I still have all my own teeth, my gums are healthy and my teeth are solid... and getting better with each visit. Do yourself a favor and run, don't walk, to a real dentist.

My teeth were bad so I went here to get dentures and the bad teeth removed. I had my top dentures 2 years. And I have had nothing but problems with them. And now the teeth are falling off the plate and guess who has to pay for them. Me. And I need a reline on my bottoms and was told it would cost me 250.00 and 100 for the repair on the top. I get here and they're charging me almost 450. It seems like every time I have came here I have heard a different price for the same work needing to be done. I had a wisdom tooth that needed to be pulled and first I was told 500 so I waited until it came out the gum and then they told me 750.00 for the same tooth. I ended up going to a different dentist and paying 120.00 for the same tooth to be pulled.

I guess I'm going to have to end up going to another dentist and repay for a new set of dentures that are not made to break. Save yourselves some time and money and do some research and find a dentist who actually cares about your teeth and the quality of what's made. Not someone who wants to get as much money from you as possible.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspen Dental?

The day I went into Aspen Dental I was treated nicely. The week after my dentures were given to me not so much. I immediately wanted my money back because I was told I didn't have to have bone replacement after infection erodes my lower gums badly. My gums STILL SWELL and it is hard for me to wear my lower plate. They told me to come into the office and talk to the financial manager. He told me I LIKED MY DENTURES. Who in the hell does he think he is. I told him I wanted a full refund. He told me that he would put it on my care credit account.

First off my account was paid in FULL and the account is closed. At this point I wanted my money back even more. Told me I had to wait and get adjustments and liners. No my gums and jaw bone have been eroded. I AM SO READY TO TAKE THIS UP WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL IN TENNESSEE. THIS HAS GONE FAR ENOUGH! These horribly fitting dentures swell my gums badly and cause me to gag because they are not lined properly. I'm not paying the money I paid for them. They are just horrible. The bottom denture is longer on one side and I gag. Seriously I would rather have no teeth than have all this pain.

I had neglected my teeth for a long time. I decided to do something about this, and called my insurance to find out which dentists they covered. I was told Aspen Dental, so that is where I went. On the first visit, I spoke at length with the office manager, who was quite pleasant. I told her my income was only SS, and could only make small monthly payments. She agreed to this, and I was to make $35 a month payments. On my second visit, my first with a dentist, the dentist was rude, rough and all he did was make jokes with his assistant. I asked him to be more gentle, and he ignored this. He actually gave me the numbing shot without warning me, which is unheard of.

My second visit was slightly better. But what I didn't know was that on nearly every visit, I would be seeing a NEW dentist. In other words, no continuity of care. A plan of care was made, and I needed teeth pulled and upper and lower partials made. The cost would be approx $9000. Okay, I agreed, since my insurance hadn't given me any other choices. The teeth were pulled, and after some time, casts were made of my mouth for the partials. Getting the upper partials took almost a year! And right from the start, they were quite uncomfortable and food collected underneath them whenever I ate. I was told they did fit and that it was MY fault food collected underneath. HUH? Eventually they agreed to re-make them.

The second set had exactly the same problems, and I told the latest dentist this. She poo-poo'ed me, saying it was somehow MY fault they didn't feel right. She kept saying that they did fit. The lower partials finally came and lo and behold, the same problem, but worse. Every time I talked or chewed, they fell out! When I spoke to yet another new dentist, I was told that it was somehow MY fault, because she claimed I didn't always wear them. How could I? They kept falling out! After another length of time, Aspen agreed to remake them. That took months. When they finally arrived, I was horrified to see that they had NOT filled the gap where a missing tooth used to be! When I pointed this out, I was told, again, that it was all my fault, because I hadn't worn the original partial and my teeth had moved, narrowing the gap "too much" to fill. HUH? They refused to remake them.

By now, I was totally fed up with Aspen Dental. Yet, I continued to make those monthly payments as originally agreed. The original manager quit and a new one came in. On my next visit (for cleaning) I was ushered into her office and told that if I didn't start making larger payments, they would send me through collections! I explained to her what the first manager had said. I was told that it was MY fault because I didn't get it in writing! I told her that I could not afford larger payments, and $35 a month was what they were going to get. Sure enough, they put me through collections despite a long history of regular payments.

I finally contacted my insurance company to complain. Originally, they weren't sympathetic. But after several conversations, they apparently reviewed my file and finally noticed that we had been greatly overcharged. I was told they no longer refer patients to Aspen. And gave me the name of a private dentist with a decent reputation. What I have learned from all this is that if you care about your money and your teeth, DO NOT go to a chain dentist. I liken Aspen to being the McDonald's of dentistry. Poor quality, poor standards of health, and in general bad for you. Plus you will pay entirely too much...

After checking with over 5 other dentists I went to Aspen expecting the best... I received the worst experiences I can have. I even went over 12 times & they still could not get this right. My last visit they acted like no one knew why I was there. The dr. had already seen me prior & he acted like he didn't know me after having a 20 minute consult with the other Dr. Then they wanted to charge me an additional 3500.00 on top of the 11448.00. Because surprise all the original work was not completed. It was not put in the TREATment PLAN like it was my fault. I didn't prepare the plan the Dr.s & staff do that, I found only 3 employees who were kind & cared & the one Dr. I could trust they got rid of him.

After almost 4 months of work 15 teeth extracted, 4 times in a hotel, food & clothing costs due to their mistakes & all they wanted to refund was just the costs of the dentures & still charge me more money. Then when I asked for my refund under the no questions asked they wanted to ask me a ton of questions. I do not recommend anyone go here no matter what. They are over priced & can't do the job, they are unprofessional & lack customer skills especially the oral surgeon Dr. **. He & his staff are total **. They are rude, rough, & act stupid blaming everyone else instead of accepting the blame & trying to fix it.

The next in line is a Mr. ** & he outright lied to me, & then let's not forget Alicia, oh sweet stupid Alicia. She is so sweet the syrup drips from her mouth. I can't believe a thing this staff tells me. I am still waiting for the copy of my file & I have filled out all the paperwork necessary but have still not sent it but oh yea they want their dentures back like they are going to put them to use in someone else's set, I would not expect anything less. Oh by the way I am a veteran & have not received any type of assistance from ASPEN even though they advertise how they help VETERANS... NOT..... I am reporting to board of health & the BBB and any other organizations.

I recently visited the Cleveland TN location with an infection and a tooth that would require an extraction. I could tell right away that I made a poor decision to visit a new dentist, rather than wait on mine to be available. I was given a prescription for ** and ** and told to come back when they had more time. A week later, I was finally able to get an appointment. However the ** had done nothing for the infection. I called and requested a re-fill or a different antibiotic, that would ease up the swelling and pain I had been in for 2 weeks.

They absolutely refused, and offered me a painkiller instead! I was told that the prescription I was given should have cleared up any infection I may have had and that there was no way I still had one. I pleaded with them to reconsider since I was afraid that when I came in for my appointment, they would see the infection and swelling and then refuse to do any work. I was told to go see my family dr! WHAT?? My family dr is not a dentist! I was then told by the dental assistant that I didn't have her degree and that I wasn't nearly as smart as she was.

They then canceled my appointment and told me that they couldn't have me as a patient if I didn't agree with their advice. I finally was able to reach my dentist and he immediately called me in a more powerful antibiotic and advised me that the one I had been given wouldn't have taken care of the infection. If these people aren't even smart enough to prescribe the correct antibiotics, I sure don't want them working on my teeth!!! STAY AWAY FROM ASPEN DENTAL!!

I went to the Aspen Dental in Traverse City, MI on 12/27/16 to get 4 wisdom teeth pulled. My appointment was at 4:15 pm and we (my husband was there to drive me home) arrived 20 minutes early. After about 40 minutes of waiting I learned that they were running behind with another patient. I understand, no problem, stuff happens. I am called back at approximately 5:00 pm.

Here's a brief rundown of what happened and why I am submitting this review: The surgeon didn't introduce himself, I had to ask him. I was given no "rundown" of how the procedure was going to go or what to expect. I was given the nitrous mask with no warning/explanation, poked with the IV with no warning, the drugs were injected without warning BEFORE the nitrous even took effect. A rubber block was crammed into my mouth (I have TMJ problems and told them beforehand) with no care whatsoever, and I passed out while the nurse and some other guy shot the breeze. I was wheeled out to my husband and he told me they said, "Read the paper" when he inquired about my aftercare. I didn't "come to" until we were down the road.

Day 2 post-surgery (today) I am crying in the worst pain I have ever felt (even with the meds they prescribed) and my husband gives them a call. "Oh yeah, she had 4 impactions so that will cause more pain/swelling than average... no we won't be giving her more meds for the weekend or stronger meds." There was no attempt to guide me on what to do to manage the pain. I got it to subside to a tolerable level with salt water rinses and hot compresses. I also have stitches on the lower jawbone and I have no idea if they will dissolve or if I need to go back to have them removed! All in all I felt like they were behind and just wanted to go home, at the expense of my comfort. I did not feel like a patient but rather a number at a facility whose goal is to collect payment and move people along. Please do NOT go here for any sort of oral surgery, for your own sake.

This place is a scam. The one in Conyers, GA. I was there to fill a tiny cavity on a tooth, the dentist (**) just opens the tooth up and says that I need a root canal. No consultation or rapport with the patient. I was about to go on a long vacation before the tooth was opened up. I had no toothache. I see different dentists there every time when I go for a visit, to me it seems like this place is a business first and a dentistry second. No attention given to the patient, they just try to figure out how money can be made. Never go there! Avoid, avoid.

My husband (age 73) went to Aspen. He was told he needed to have extractions with partial upper and lower dentures. We were forwarded to a credit company as the cost was $5,000. We felt it was needed to be done so we agreed to this charge (which was an overcharge as we later found out). After the surgery we went home. Received a phone call from the office in Syracuse, New York from the dentist who advised me that there was bad news in that all of his upper teeth had been extracted in error, however, the good news was that there was no additional charge for "their error". The teeth were ill fitting and there were additional charges if certain things had to be done. We are on social security and, of course, finances do not allow extras. We did pay the $5,000 and requested compensation for part of the original charges.

We never received a response from Aspen, but did find out that the dentist who performed the work was no longer there. At the same time of our original visit I asked if I could get my dentures realigned as they were loose fitting. I was told I would need new dentures as mine were worn down. The inexpensive dentures that were advertised by Aspen, I was told, may not hold up more than a few months and I would need to have them fixed or replaced every few months. Decided to continue with my old dentures.

To this day, my husband cannot eat without the teeth "clicking" and when we asked Aspen about this, there of course would be additional charges to get this taken care of. All of this happened between 4-5 years ago and my husband, who has cancer as well, has had to live with the poor decision and expense we encountered by "trusting Aspen". I'm afraid I don't have our paperwork to provide any order number or a receipt. I probably could go back years and find the payments that were made to the credit company - offhand I think it was called Credit Care of something like that. I really just want people to know what they may encounter in dealing with Aspen. A totally unreliable company.

I have a tooth that the filing fell out after two times and it was hurting me to the and beginning to abscess. I was informed years ago that if the filing came out again that it would either have to be extracted or a root canal. I don't want a root canal being that it's painful and risky plus when I'm 80 I'll have to have dentures any ways. The dentist checked my teeth and then judged and betrayed me and tried to pressure me into getting a more expensive root canal and then I wound up getting a cost estimate for over 5 thousand dollars and I didn't get a cost estimate for the extraction that I needed so that I can return to work. I'm still in pain and I realized that Aspen dental is just wanting money from my insurance company and me. I will not be going back. I have now scheduled an emergency extraction through my local dentist.

I had an abscess in my top right gum. My youngest daughter and son in law had previous service, swore it was professional, caring, and pain free. So I call and got an appointment for the next day, 8 am sharp (Website said they were open till 7pm M-Sat). Show up 8 am sharp and download and print paperwork and fill it out and bring it with you. I did, arrived at 7:50 am, finished paperwork in hand. I'm second person there, then a third person arrived. Ok little after 8 they call the first guy back. A few minutes later they call in the lady that arrived after me. Mind you she walked just fine and was normal acting. 8:30 comes, I'm still sitting. My husband had came with me and I asked him "how much longer should we continue to sit?" He said "not much longer." I said "if nothing by 8:45 I'm out."

I'm sitting in a chair where I can see through glass door the little hallway where xray was and the financial desk. I watch the xray tech with gloves on, come in and out, and pushing the xray button then wiping her nose with back of right glove. She gets the kids done and back to consult area. I watch her sanitize her hands then the room and button, then I get called back. Told my husband to wash hands as I don't want her touching me if she wipes her nose or mouth. I have severe copd and a cold can kill me.

We get done with xrays and takes us back to consult area, I see her sanitize her hands. Dr. Comes waltzing in and starts talking about problems. She sees they need to be fixed, gave me 2 options, and by the way 2 teeth are causing the infection and need to come out. I have always been given antibiotics and made appointments for next week in the past, but ok. I get taken to financial desk. They hand me one estimate for the second scenario that was suggested. I see an oral b toothbrush charge for $135, not covered by insurance on there. They said I couldn't get partials and extractions and do antibiotic treatments and deep cleaning without agreeing to buy the toothbrush.

I asked where other scenario that was discussed was. They said they didn't write it up. I said "oh well I'm not committing to any future treatments. Let's talk about today. My part. 2 teeth extractions." "$75. We need that up front." Dr. Walks by and says "I can do those today. Just sit out in waiting area and I will get you when it's time." During my time in consult area, in the chair there was a tv pointed towards tech desk at foot of exam chair. No one ever said "find something to watch and relax". They have dental lab there and the place was permeated with drills, hammering and little saw sounds. Not comforting. As I am sitting there waiting for my procedure, I see lady that came in after me come up from a treatment area, her daughter having to steady her and walk beside her, and open the bathroom door for her because she was too shaky. She was fine going back and fine sitting in waiting room.

Finally my turn. I get called back. Assistant has me sign consents, then leaves. Dr. come in and says "we need to start", gets assist and I get swabbed with stuff. Procedure table left flat. I sit up anyway. Dr. Comes in, says it's time for ** or whatever, injects it, leaves me flat. Again I sit up. I have had braces, oral surgery, past tooth extractions, fillings and root canal in past. I was never left flat. There's a tv over end of table, remote on ledge on wall. No one says a word. In dr. comes. Gums still not numb. Another round of injections. This time I'm starting to feel funny, I'm left flat again. Again I sit up. I'm all alone. I started feeling dizzy, heart pounding.

Good thing I'm a nurse for 30 years. Knew it was rare reaction to the ** in the injections. If I just sit here and concentrate on breathing I will be ok. Tech comes back, never looked my way. Said "I gotta go to bathroom." Ok she lets me. I see my daughter that had showed up during xray. She comes with my purse. I need my inhaler, go do my business in bathroom, do a puff, get up. That's when the tremors hit. My dr said I was whiter than normal.

I explained "I have the epi shakes. It will be over in a few minutes." We go back to the room, dr comes in. It's time to lie flat for another injection. I said "I'm having a reaction to the **. Please no more." She says "ok" and gives me something else and insist I lay flat. I said "I can breathe better sitting up", then my daughter chimes in, telling her I'm having ** reaction, let me sit up. "Wheres emergency oxygen, she's copd and you need to get ready to help my momma out." Was informed they don't have oxygen in the premises. "I just need to lie flat and breathe deep. We need to get this done now."

They finally at my daughters insistence take my blood pressure with a wrist cuff that said my heart rate and bp was too high. My sats came up from 85% to 97, finally. I said "ok I will lay back now." Instead of poking at my gums, she gets pliers, wrapped around one or the 2 teeth and starts to twist, and I'm positive by that time an ** word and an ** word came out, because I'm not numb on back side of gum. That hurt. My dtr had to hold my legs down because I was kicking. Dr finally gave up, said "shes just leaving with antibiotics. Reschedule her for monday."

During one of my sitting up episodes, I was going to get tv remote, but happened to look in the floor at end of chair and lo and behold there's dried blood drops in floor. Floor filthy. I sat back upright and look around. Fine coat of white dust is thick on chrome parts of the stools in there. Never once saw the asst or dr wash or sanitize their hands. I got what I needed anyway, antibiotic therapy, but I will NOT go back there for anything. That lady I saw earlier, was having same problem, epi reaction. I didn't have dental anxiety in the past, but I sure do now. My insurance company was appalled I had to pay up front. Oh and hours on clinic are 730-5:30 Mon-Thurs, 8-1 on friday, closed on Saturdays except for special days.

These people tried to get me to commit for future treatment, before I even had initial problem taken care of. Infection control doesn't exist. And because of chances or epi reactions when they start the administration procedures, the patient isn't supposed to be left unattended, and a set of vital signs should have been taken prior to beginning. During a reaction, the patient isn't supposed to be left lying flat unless they start having seizures. They are supposed to be sat upright, and emergency oxygen should be available in settings where anesthesia is being done. Aspen Dental doesn't have that. Stay away.

Scheduled for a check-up and teeth cleaning. Was quoted over $1300 for 2 cleanings. No cavities, just one regular cleaning and one requiring a bit more work. I went to my old dentist and was quoted less than $300 with no insurance for both. They push no fee credit... probably because they are sooooo outlandishly expensive.

I drove to Texas, from Kansas to get my upper denture, as my sister was so very pleased with the newest lightweight denture material used for hers. I was able to visit and stay with her when I came down to get mine. I also purchased the top of the line denture, with a guarantee/warranty of 7 years. After about 6 months I lost one of the teeth. I called Aspen Dental in Tyler, TX, to see what they suggested that I do about it. They said to super glue it. After researching myself, I decided to go with the powder instead of super glue. It is still fine today. I came back to have my denture adjusted as they seemed to be slipping. When I went to see them, they told me the teeth were wearing because I grind my teeth at night, and I should not be wearing them at night.

I am 63 years old and have NOT once been told that I grind my teeth at night. The dentist said that the tooth that I repaired looked great and they wouldn't do anything about that. They would line them but it would cost me 48+ dollars. I have never heard of the teeth in dentures wearing down. I never had this problem with the prior two upper dentures I have had, prior to getting this one in July of 2015.

I don't understand what this guarantee/warranty is about, since no matter what is wrong with them, they say it is something you are doing wrong. For an upper plate that costs ~1000.00, the teeth themselves should not be wearing down. I walked out and told them I will find a dentist that will get me a denture that will fit and NOT wear down the teeth. I am totally frustrated with Aspen Dental. I would NEVER recommend anyone to go to Aspen Dental for anything. I believe their high dollar denture is a scam... A great way for them to make a lot of money on a denture plate for a few hours worth of work.

Went to one of the Boston Area offices for a checkup. They said I needed a deep cleaning and wanted to charge me $3k. Went to another local dentist for a 2nd opinion. Checked out just fine. I did not need the "deep cleaning". Aspen clearly wanted to rip me off. $3k is way too much anyway. Insurance would have covered about $1k, leaving me to pay about $2k. The 2nd dentist said the procedure should have been about $1k anyway (even if I did need the "deep cleaning"). Don't go to chains like Aspen and others that rely on strictly numbers just so they can make money. This goes for all industries. Most likely, you will just get ripped off. Always get a 2nd opinion.

October 2015 I scheduled a first time session through the online for getting an opinion from the Aspen Dental in their Central Ave., Albany office. I waited almost an hour and then when I went in I told that I need to have a second opinion and I already had an X-ray from a different dentist. The examining dentist tried to scare me stating that before I will turn 50 I won't have any teeth etc. Then told me to get the X-ray from the previous dentist and I did through my cell phone. That so-called dentist did not do anything and later they sent me a bill for $128.00 even got partial reimbursement from my dental insurance. I refused to pay and they constantly mailed me bill and recently they pass their harassment to a collection agency for that amount. As a young adult I need to have decent credit history to navigate so I had to pay for that amount without receiving any services!! This is malpractice and extortion. I need to know how to handle this exploitation.

In October 2016 I had new dentures made. I was told to come back for adjustment in a few days. It took two weeks to get an appointment. After this appointment I was told to return in a week but I was unable to get any appointment for five weeks. When I called to complain I was told that any further adjustment appointment would be in excess of two months. This is ridiculous. I have had my denture for almost two months and have had only two meals without extreme pain. If I could I would go elsewhere.

I have UPMC for You for dental procedures that they cover and for procedures that they do not cover I have iDental Plan. The Greensburg (Jeannette) office manager has refused to accept me as a patient because I have two plans. The office manager's reasoning in this matter is not logical.

New to the area. Needed to get my teeth clean, so I made app with Aspen Dental in thomaston. The dental xray and exam were no charge. There was one sm cavity. I also needed a deep cleaning and scraping below the gum line. There would be 3 appointments 2 at 60 to 90 min each. One in 3 month follow up. Pretty sure there would be additional charges at that time. (Two years ago I had a deep cleaning at my old dentist, took about 50 min. Also they used antibiotic in the treatments. Total cost at that deep cleaning 125.00.)

After the exam I met with the officer manager. I was numb when she estimate the total cost at 1845.00. Then the pressure was on. She wanted 60 percent down 1150 00 rest on second app. 700.00. Never had to pay up front before. Wow. When I complain she lower it to 400.00 down payment. To be honest I felt like I was buying a used car. After looking at all the reviews online their only interest in is charging as much as they can. Whatever happened to good old honest business ethics? Disappointed.

I was told when I had a dental exam that I had 2 cavities. I have not had any cavities in 45 years so I had my X-rays from Aspen checked by another dentist. He did not see anything. I went to another dental practice and they did not see anything. Aspen was just looking to pad their bill with unnecessary work.

I went into Aspen Dental in Traverse City, Mi. On an emergency need, was last patient for night, got me in 8 am next morning. I needed all of my teeth removed, I worried all night about it for nothing. These people were absolutely wonderful, from the front desk all the way to the back. Everybody was very kind, and very attentive to everything I had to say. I would highly recommend this office to everybody I know, and have never said that about any dentist office I have ever been to before. There isn't enough praise for this office.

Aspen Dental, Wade Hampton Blvd. Taylors SC. I went to Aspen to have a bridge glued in and an opinion on replacing a filling. I paid $100 for the bridge glue in, and the Dentist sad she could easily replace the filling that came out. The space had no decay, just make an appointment. I told Aspen the bridge felt like a rock in my mouth and was told to keep biting pressure on it. The bridge came out with the first chew after 4 hours. I went back in a couple of days later with the identical results. I bought temporary dental filling material from Walgreen's and have had no more problem with the bridge. I called to make an appointment to have the filling repaired and after detailed explanation of the previous filling evaluation appointment. After three phone waiting periods, I was told I have to come in and pay for a second evaluation of the replacement filling. Aspen looks for ways to try to screw over customers.

Have had Aspen Dental dentures for a year. I have lost weight, after a year still can't eat celery or carrots, nuts, or many foods I enjoy. The upper plate makes me gag, and even peanuts hurt too much to eat. I lost 40 pounds and 4 inches off my waistline. I was 6 ft tall, 180 pounds with a 34 inch waist, and now I can wear 28 inch waist pants. I am 68 years old and can't afford to lose much more weight, and be too embarrassed to eat out at restaurants... Find another dentist or you will be as sorry as I am.

First of all the reason it's a star because this site requires you to put something. If it was up to me it would not me a star at all! This is the worst office ever!! First they started with me, after having an appointment they lost my SSN and chart. They put it with someone else's chart. I needed 4 teeth taken out because I was in pain, and no one bothered to call me to schedule the appt after my visit when they said that they would. I Waited for 2 weeks until I could not take the pain anymore. When I called they had no clue who I was and asked for my SSN several times again. Finally they got it straighten out and I tried trusting them again, what a BIG mistake.

I schedule an appt for my 6 year old and had to reschedule her appt because she was ill on the day of the appt. On the next appt I got to the office with my paperwork already filled out for her so that it would not be any issues. After waiting an HOUR they told me that "They don't see kids". They could have told me that prior to driving through traffic to get there. Horrible!! I called my brother which is a manager at another Aspen Dental. He called them and they finally called to apologize. The office did not care what they did to me!!!! I would NEVER tell ANYONE ANYTHING positive about this place.

Do not go to these people. They hike up the prices and lied to me concerning my teeth. Told by the hygienist that I could purchase their toothbrush and toothpaste for people with gingivitis / periodontal disease, and then not allowed to. I left, and then they forgot. I called them back and they told me I could not purchase it unless I had my teeth cleaned with their special gum cleaning process which for one side was 368. I believe my insurance pays for 80 percent. I had gotten this done before somewhere else for a lot less money. They told me that my gums were infected as well as some of my teeth and they would not give me an antibiotic.

They gave me a price of over 150000 and with our insurance it was around 7500. I told them I could not do it at this time, and all of the sudden they became extremely insensitive. The Attorney General in some states has sued these people. You can see it online. If I had known this I would not have gone there. They do the old bait-and-switch method, in Ohio I know this is illegal, but in Florida I have no idea. Moving on from here.

I've had a full upper since 1986 with very few problems. I have very soft teeth. I went in to get the remaining 10 bottom ones out and get a full denture. Oh no these teeth are fine. Well one needed pulling. Ok. It was done with **. After 45 minutes of trying he called for a scalpel. By this time the ** was wearing off. Blood everywhere and a horrible experience. The partial. It was made to loop over the one that was pulled! I went back 3 times (an hour away). I went again yesterday and it's still too painful to wear. No insurance and I'm 63. The bill was at $1800 so now I'm making payments and don't know how to get out of this! I would never recommend them and will not go back. They made me feel stupid.

I needed a dentist bad. Had a tooth hurting me for a while. After shopping around and having no insurance, I found Aspen Dental in Hot Springs AR. They was the cheapest that I could find and fit me in fast. First time I have ever had a dentist that did NOT hurt me at all. She was awesome & the staff was great. They also work with you on financial services. It's a one stop shop. Also they do partials & dentures done there. All you need to know about your teeth and gums & individual prices. Good Women. Light Hand. May God Bless her sweet heart.

I was having severe problems with my teeth. I had a broken tooth and decided that I was going to have them all pulled and get dentures. I went into a Vancouver, WA office and had an evaluation. I was given an estimate of $13,000. That included extraction of all my teeth, two surgeries (which I was billed for and not explained) and full upper and lower dentures. I got home and looked up on the internet the two surgeries. One was to detach the little flap of skin that attaches the upper lip to your gum and the second was to reshape the bone on my upper gum. Very invasive and expensive.

I went and got two other opinions. One dentist would not do a complete extraction and set of dentures because they thought my teeth could be saved. Probably thought they could make more money on the treatments. They said that even if they would pull all my teeth, the recommended surgeries from Aspen Dental were not needed. I then went to the third dentist. I actually had him do all the work. I had all (32) teeth pulled, dentures made, and 6 soft relines done for $5800.00. The surgeries. The surgeries. He said that they were not necessary and that most dentist will bill and charge you for them and not even do them. They just list them on the billing not expecting someone to actually check and see what it is. I'm sorry about all the bad experiences I've read about from patients of Aspen Dental. I guess I'm lucky I had 2nd and 3rd evaluations. It was worth the money since I saved almost $7000.00 not going to Aspen.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Aspen Dental practices are individually owned and operated but share a commitment to similar values, like compassion and respect, and receive business support from Aspen Dental Management, Inc. There are almost 550 Aspen Dental practices across the United States serving over 3.7 million patients a year.

• Options: Aspen Dental offer four styles of full dentures and three styles of partial dentures, so patients can find a denture product that meets their needs and budget. They also offer single tooth implant and implant-supported dentures.
  • On-site denture lab: All Aspen Dental locations have an on-site dental lab. This allows patients to get their dentures, implants, crowns and bridges as fast as possible.
  • Guarantee: Aspen Dental offers a money-back guarantee on all dentures, both full and partial sets. If patients are unhappy, they have three months to return the dentures and request a full refund.
  • General dentistry: Aspen Dental practices offer a wide array of dental services in addition to dentures and implants. Those looking for a dentist to meet all their oral health needs will appreciate this variety of services.
  • Costs and discounts: Interested consumers can visit the website for their local Aspen Dental location to see a list of fees for all available services. They can also find available deals and special pricing offers listed on the website.
  • Best for consumers who want a single dentist for all their needs and those who need service quickly.

Compare Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions