Bright Now! Dental

Denver, CO

Compare Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions

Research top Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I had gum surgery last July. I paid my portion of the bill and was told what the insurance would pick up. I started receiving harassing calls about paying the insurance portion. I advise that it was taken care of and they stated that the insurance did not pay. Finally after several dunning calls I spoke to a supervisor who stated that they should have paid and she would resubmit the information. In the meantime I was to pay and then they would credit it back. The insurance sent them a check and to date I have not been credited the amount back to my card. They will not call back. At this point I fear that this could be fraud in the fact that they have gotten paid twice for the same work.

Run. Don't go there. I went there for a broken front tooth. Had x-rays done. Was very happy and then I was told I could get finance to help pay and it would come out each month so I said ok. It started out bad. I would have a appointment. They would say I didn't. I missed my granddaughter party at school because I had appointment they said I didn't. I was supposed to get my top teeth done before the end of 2016 but they never finish the work on my other teeth so how can they fix one without doing the other one first. The new manager said "I will find out what happen then I will call you." Never got a call. Had to go over there then she tells me that I still owed them some money. How can they keep on taking our money when work hard for and they are getting away with it.

Bright Now's negligence is costing me! Last year the Elyria office took full mouth x-rays then proceeded to ignore them. For starters, they made me a partial, it cost me $1,200.00. The partial is made of Valplast and cannot be added onto or changed. They made it to wrap around a crown that had a root canal years before. I thought I was ok! I told them I wanted some cosmetic work done since I had broken a couple front teeth. They made up a plan that I believe was around $13,000.00 dollars (after they encouraged more work). When I asked questions, the dentist got angry and said "Well, make up your mind! Do you want the work or not"? I was blown away! I asked her assistant why she was so rude. She said, "Because you come in here and don't have anything done." I couldn't believe my ears! I had NEVER ever done any such thing. I was DONE with Bright Now!

I went to two dentists in the area and gave them the x-rays. Both told me the same thing. The partial should never been made to wrap around that eyetooth, because decay had gotten under that crown and the tooth needed to be pulled! They also said that I had decay under a crown that was so bad that it would need either a root canal or need to be pulled. I had been going to Bright Now for many years. I'm out $1,200.00 for the useless partial, and I will either lose a tooth or have to pay for a root canal and crown because of shoddy dentistry, not to mention extremely rude treatment. The dentist that did the partial left. I can't even confront her. The fact that their dentists can leave when they want makes things all the worse! I'm sorry I ever went there and give them a 0 rating!!

I went to Bright Now Dental in Lakewood as a new Medicare patient. I needed a root canal in a front tooth, which I had done there last November. I began experiencing pain in the root canal almost immediately. A few weeks later I went back to have the tooth checked out, and even with another set of x-rays, the dentist was unable to find a problem. He referred me to an endodontist that no longer took Medicare patients. I called Bright Now to see if they had any other possible referrals, but they said they didn't know any and I would need to find one myself. After a number of phone calls to United Healthcare through AARP, I finally tracked down an endodontist that was taking new Medicare patients.

At the new office, I was told that I would have to see the regular dentist first, and then he would determine if and why I would need to see the endodontist. Fortunately, this new dental office had a complete office, with a dentist, endodontist, and periodontist. After my first visit to the dentist, it was determined that I had a cavity in my other front tooth, which had a root canal performed over 30 years ago. The dentist was able to determine this with sophisticated x-ray equipment, without any real problems beyond that. But, the root canal in the other front tooth that was done at Bright Now also had to be replaced because the root canal was not completed as high up the required in the nerve root. The dentist had to remove both the old and new front teeth caps, then I was sent to the endodontist who had to remove the old and new root canals and perform new ones on both.

Then I had to go back to the dentist to have the work necessary to put in temporary caps. I paid $900.00 to Bright Now Dental for a root canal that had to replaced in less than three months, then an additional $3400 to have new root canals on both front teeth. I attempted to renegotiate with Bright Now Dental to reduce the amount I still owed them for the original new root canal, being willing to only ask for the remaining amount not to be required. I never even heard back from them, even though I sent a very detailed letter explaining why I felt I should not owe them any more than I had already paid. It still upsets me that I paid for a root canal that was completed inadequately, and that the dentist would not even acknowledge this. I would never refer anyone to this company for any reason. The dentist and staff were friendly, that was not the problems. But friendliness does not compensate for inadequate work.

In addition to the service, they send us invoices to pay couple weeks after the visit. They claim it's because they didn't correctly compute the actual amount on the day of the service. Ranges from $10 to $100. Now getting mail notices that our insurance declined the last claim. The last visit was $110 for a cleaning only... no extras were added. Also every time I go there the entire staff has changed, front desk, dentist and hygienists. There was a time we were getting invoices in the mail that had a $0 amt due. I asked, they quickly indicated that I need to contact corporate accounting. They were unable to give me that contact information. Never contacted them and We stopped receiving them after that. I think an attorney (and patients) could make a pile of $ in a class action suit if this was pursued.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bright Now! Dental?

My dental insurance changed, so I had to find a new dental office that was in my network, Bright Now! was one of them which is close by. My first visit was for general check up and schedule cleaning which was not a good experience. First they had me under the wrong last name, did not even apologize. When I told them it was incorrect the girl just give me this attitude, they are unprofessional. I had to go back for the cleaning which was my second visit, which was not so bad, I had silver filling which was fine. Had no problems, the doctor ask if I wanted to replace them with white ones which she said was covered by my insurance, I agreed.

I went back to get the filling. Of course I had to pay about 300.00 dollars out of pocket, the next few weeks I was in so much pain I could not eat. Every time I called the office, they say it's normal it will go away, I could not take the pain anymore, I went back to see the dentist. Whatever she did make it worse, and she recommend I do a root canal.

The pain got worse. I started to get a fever, so I went back and see another doctor in the office which was a bit more sympathetic and told me it is infected and my filling was uneven, she file it down so my bite could be even, and give me prescription for antibiotics and painkillers. I took it for two weeks and it still hurts and give me a fever. I ended up doing the root canal where they charged me additional 217.00 dollars plus they wanted 1200.00 dollars to put a crown over the took with the root canal at another time. I would not go there or recommend anyone to go there. Those people is all about keep taking your money and don't know what they are doing. Went back on the second visit for the cleaning.

Good dentists - lousy corporation - I have been going to Bright Now for well over 20+ years and since Smile Brands Inc. took them over have had it with harassing collection calls so much so that I am done with them. This past Jan. I ordered 6 implants after two years of prep work. The office wanted me to pay the entire $10K bill upfront, which to me didn't make sense, so I agreed to pay three-quarters. I was told it would take 3 weeks to get the teeth from the lab however the next available appointment was two months out. In Feb I started receiving the collection department calls on my house and cellphones. I explained that I was not going to pay until I received my teeth in March.

Well March came and 4 of the 6 teeth had to be sent back to the lab and it would be 3 weeks before they were returned. However the next available appointment wasn't until June. So now I'm back to getting collection department calls. After going through all of this in April with a collection agent and being told notes were being included in my record I received more calls in May. Nope - the collection department people don't read notes. They just make harassing calls. I'm so done with these people...

I had the crowns put on in Nov of 2015. A month ago I received a call saying I owed them another $500 even though I already paid my co-pay of $1100. Delta Dental said they paid their contract portion and that I did not own any more money. Evidently the contract portion was only $5, but they made the deal. The worst part... the gal that keeps calling me is from a collection agency and Bright Now NEVER notified me of this money owing. I would never do business like this, in any line of work! Don't start harassing me because you didn't look at your contracts!

Very unprofessional, a large corporation seeking only profit. They will not care about you, only want your money. Not good at dentistry, good at stealing money. They will provide no good services but expect handsome payment. Go to a non corporate dentist for your own good. This place will truly disappoint.

I was skeptical at first but, so happy that I chose to go here. All the staff, including the dentist that worked on my teeth cared about my needs. The assistant... At least I think that's what I would call him helped to adjust my partial so it was more comfortable and kept trying to make me happy. The dentist made sure that I was completely covered with numbing meds due to my being extremely sensitive. It's scary going to the dentist but they made me feel at ease with their continuous attempts to make sure that I was comfortable. They were awesome!!! Thank you!

I first went to Bright Now 2/8/17, I had finally gotten dental insurance and went to DentaQuest site and pulled up local dentists. I had not been to the dentist in years and I did have a toothache. I had cracked a filling and gotten a cavity under it. The Dentist did an exam and said I needed 8 different fillings. She did 3 that day including the one that was bothering me. A week or 2 later I chipped the tooth that was bothering me, it was a large chip. She was offended when I explained to her that my tooth had chipped, "The filling is fine. It was your tooth that chipped."

On my follow up visit I was in the office for 1.5 hours and saw her for less than 5 min. She gave me a shot of ** and literally put the needle down and picked up the drill and started grinding on my tooth without her assistant and my mouth started filling up with water. Instead of using the tool to suck the water out she said and waited until her assistant got there. I jumped once and she asked what the problem was and I said, "It hurt." That annoyed her?

She said I needed a crown on that tooth now. Also when I was in the office waiting the ladies at the desk were being nasty toward each other with a waiting room full of people. After her attitude and 5 min of seeing her and her only fixing the chipped tooth I went to Facebook and asked friends for suggestions. A friend had similar issues at this same office. They told her that her 10-12 year old daughter needed 7 fillings and she went somewhere else for a second opinion and this dentist said she only required 2! She had told me I needed 8 and I believe she filled 3 and when I went to the new dentist he examined the tooth that she said needed the crown and I did not need a crown and after my exam I did not need any further fillings! I would never suggest this office to anyone.

On April 28, 2017, I was appalled by the treatment I received at the DeSoto Junction location by "Bright Now" dental office at 3611 First St. E. Bradenton, Fl. About 6 months ago, I had a toothache and made an appointment to see the Dentist. He diagnosed my problem as a cap was needed on a front tooth and said it was an emergency and it must be done immediately. He quoted me a price of $1000.00. Today I checked with other dentists and found a cap on a front tooth could be put on for $800.00. The dentist said this could not wait and needed to be done immediately so I had the work done and payment was demanded immediately.

Otherwise, I would have had the work done for $250.00 in Costa Rica. I had pain with this tooth for over 6 months after the dentist did the work. His office said it sometimes takes almost a year before the pain stops. This cap caused the teeth on the other side of my mouth to be out of line and need a minor adjustment, as one of my teeth were hitting a bottom tooth. I went in for an adjustment and the dentist told me I should have the top and bottom bridge replaced for thousands of dollars, and when I informed him I had no money, he refused to treat me for an adjustment that would taken 10 minutes of his time. He refused to do the adjustment without paying $90.00.

The manager told me that since the dentist did not do the work on the problem area, he could not do the work for free. I told them I was on SS and my savings were gone and I could not afford immediately to pay. I told them if an illegal came in, I bet they would treat them free. The manager said not at that office. Then the dental assistant spoke up and said she had been employed for many years and said she was an illegal who just walked across the border and had no problem getting employed at this office. The dentist refused to treat me for my pain and I am still in pain and do not know where to turn to have an adjustment without paying. It is a sad day in America when a senior citizen 81 years old is denied dental work because she cannot pay.

All I went in for was a first time patient exam, Xrays and cleaning. They did not clean my teeth but put in a small filling. I was told I needed two more appts for some deep cleaning. They charged my insurance $500 just for the first visit, and the next two would be over $700!!! That would wipe out all of my supplemental dental insurance for the whole rest of the year! I only get $1200 per year!! I could have had a first time patient cleaning and exam for $59 or less elsewhere!! Can you say... RIP OFF!!!

I went to Newport Dental (a Bright Now! Affiliate) in Norwalk, CA for an emergency. They gave me a quick exam, and told me to come back in 2 days for a deep cleaning that would alleviate the pain. When I returned, they went through a $4000 list of items they said I needed and even offered financing as an enticement. None of the recommended work had anything to do with the source of my dental pain, it was simply a way to extract some money from me. They referred me to another Bright Now! periodontist who would then create another set of treatments (i.e. expenses). I declined the extra work and opted for just the deep cleaning and accepted ** (antibiotic) in 5 teeth ($79 each; they wanted to inject it in all 28 for over $2000). While I was in the chair getting the cleaning, the dentist came over to give me the "hard sell" on why I needed the $2000 in **. She spent more time trying to get me to buy the ** than she spent examining me.

Three days later I was in urgent care with a swollen face resulting from the infection the ** and the deep cleaning failed to address. Antibiotics from the real doctor did the trick though. I went to another dentist and am now receiving treatment on my problem teeth for $900! As if that isn't bad enough, Bright Now! has sent me a credit card (unsolicited) that I can use in their network. Again, an enticement to use their service. Avoid these scam artists.

New to AZ. Needed a dentist. Decided procedures I wanted with them. Office manager said she couldn't access my insurance history. I had my MN dentist sent her 2 years of records. The office manager gave me a quote and I agreed. After service I paid my agreed to amount in full. A week later she said I owed money. I asked to meet with her. She gave me an appointment. I went to appointment on time. She had receptionist tell me she was too busy. I would not recommend anyone do business with this poorly run business.

WARNING: Do NOT get any sort of dental work done here beyond a cleaning. I went to Bright Now to get several fillings done, and so much bonding was put on my teeth, I couldn't even FLOSS some of my teeth afterwards. After the procedure, the dentist didn't even bother checking to see if he could fit a piece of floss between the fillings, so it wasn't until I got home that I realized this was an issue. I couldn't even fit floss between one of my molars, and the excess bonding on another filling RIPPED the floss every time I stuck it in between my teeth.

After this kind of a botched job (and let's face it -- if you can't floss your teeth, something isn't right), I was scared to go back to Bright Now, so I went to another dentist. They confirmed that I needed a filling adjustment on two of my teeth, which ended up costing me an additional $150. Bright Now said they would be more than happy to fix this for free, but given that the procedure was not done properly in the first place, I believe I had every right to not want to come back to them for additional work.

The receptionist explained that the procedure was "not done incorrectly" and that this "happens all the time," but I can't say I've ever heard of anyone else having this issue. The dentist should have checked the space between my teeth after the fillings, and perhaps had he not been chatting with his assistant the whole time (I specifically remember them discussing whose death they were more upset about, Michael Jackson or Prince), he would have paid closer attention to the work he was doing.

Upon inspecting my recent fillings from Bright Now, my new dentist shook his head and said, "I don't often ask people this, but where did you get this done?" I am furious with myself for settling for the cheap, convenient care at Bright Now when I should have done my homework and gone to a private dentist elsewhere in the Coachella valley. Please learn from my mistake and DO NOT GO HERE! Perhaps if Bright Now had refunded me for their shoddy dentistry or offered to pay the cost of fixing it at a more reputable establishment, I wouldn't be writing this review, but they maintain that they didn't do anything wrong. Just be aware that these are the kind of people you're dealing with...

Bright Now Dental in Ocala, Fl treated my husband for an emergency extraction. We paid about $200 on the visit and my insurance was billed $95. Over a year later I start getting collection calls from the Office Manager at the Ocala office. The first contact was made in 12/2016 at which my husband spoke to the lady and told her that he did not have the information that she needed. Instead of documenting this they noted the account as patient refused to give info. The insurance needed my ssn. They resubmitted the claim without the proper documentation and were denied timely filing. Now they want me to pay the bill.

I asked for copies of the EOBs and the Office Manager stated that she did not have this information and would need my husband to sign a release to give me anything. I told her that if she was worried about violating HIPAA law she had already done that by discussing his treat, treatment dates, bill amounts and other personal information. She got very defensive. She admitted that she does not know about billing. When I asked for a number for the billing department she said that they don't have one. They have all contact through email, customers CANNOT directly contact billing.

Keeping in mind that this is an Office Manager, this person was unable to answer any questions effectively, or provide any actual help. She is not familiar with the billing practices of the company nor does she have customer service skills of any kind. I will not make the mistake of using this office in anyway again. STAY AWAY! Find a reputable local dentist. Big box has no place in healthcare or dentistry.

I always had my payments on time. I went through a bad situation financially as a single mother. I called customer service. I was late on a payment called cs to let them know I'd be making a payment on a Friday. Gentlemen I spoke to said he would make some notes so I wouldn't be charged late fees and that Monday spoke to a very rude female who wouldn't listen to me. As a customer that's referred my family I figured they could waive my late fees or help me out instead of getting a supervisor. The girl puts me on hold and goes back on the phone pretending to be the supervisor which is very ** rude especially since she still wouldn't help me. Other times I missed an apt due to work when I called to reschedule. All I ever was told was they didn't have access to the scheduled. I went without seeing the dr for over a month never ever taking my family or friends here

BND has gone against what I have asked for 3 times now. Every time I go in to set my son's appts I tell them to ensure the insurance accepts what they are going to do and then I get denials from insurance. AND... I tell them NO narcotics medication and I pick up **. Now my TBI disabled son who is on a fixed income has a bill over $400.00. Guess he can sell those ** again to help pay for the bill. IT EVEN STATES IN HIS CHART... "NON NARCOTICS ONLY!!"

Bright Now Dental. Has became a joke since they got a new doctor. The dental assistant took me to X-rays. As I walked by the new dr was on her personal phone. Then I got back to my chair. She looked over my X-rays then had me move rooms. Again I seen her back to her phone. The new doctor did not want to do the work. They took my blood pressure and said that I could leave. Earlier in the week they did the same to my daughter. They told me they was scared to do her work. But yet they charged my insurance 780 just to look at X-rays on my visit. God know what our insurance was charged on her visit. I use to have such a great experience with this place but now everyone is new and inexperienced.

Well I put down 99$ for my kid to have Braces on her teeth. Never happen. I also paid $3647.00. So I was let down and then I was just told that I would have to start all over again with payments in that. It sounds Crazy. I do need Help in dealing with this case. Thank you.

Mesa location on Greenfield. The office manager, Marissa, should be exposed and fired. At this moment, my daughter is having braces put on in their office via my ex-husband with no knowledge or consent from me. As a single mom on a tight budget, I learned of it through my 12-year-old son only last night. When I asked my ex-husband, he told me that he'd pay and I'd pay him. I told him no, that I needed to research, compare prices and budget. Additionally, I needed to use my HSA directly to the office, not cash directly to him. He went anyway and I told him, consult only, no work was to be done, yet. I called Marissa and explained that I needed time, so she was to only provide a quote, but no work could be done today.

Marissa called back after the consultation to tell me that it would be $3200 total and they would start the work today. I told her, no, she could not commit me to $1600 without my approval. I needed time to compare prices, analyze my budget and told her that I needed to use my HSA. My ex-husband refused to send me the quote to compare. I called the clinic and gave my email address for the quote. Two hours, no email received. I called back to double check my email address and was transferred back to Marissa. She, angrily, told me that ** has denied me the right to the quote and she would not be providing it to me. She confirmed that my daughter was getting her braces on. I said, "You committed me to $1600 after I told you I could not afford it?" She replied, "I have talked to legal and I will not be speaking to you again. Have a nice day." Hung up.

Unprofessionalism at it's finest. Only concerned about money and not concerned about human rights or damage done to a family. There will always be manipulative people like **, who manipulates healthcare professionals across the valley, but we depend on professionals like Marissa to protect innocent people from the damage from people like **. This message will be posted every place I can find until Marissa is reprimanded and a personal apology comes to me.

I scheduled my appointment back in August when I did the X-rays. The appointment was scheduled for Oct 29. I arrived 10 minutes late because they scheduled me for 3:00 when I usually do all my appointments at 3:30 because of school. Because I was 10 minutes late they canceled me so the office rescheduled for November 25 12:00. I arrived 10 minutes early and I was waiting for 45 minutes until I finally approached the front desk to ask "why am I waiting when I was late 10 minutes and you canceled." They said doctor is running late and it would be another 45 minutes. So very inconsiderate to children and parents trying to keep their kids calm and patient to be waiting so long. They could at least let patients know so they're not waiting. No consideration at all.

Then they tell me to come back at 1:15. I then come back at 1:15. There's no one in the office. I'm once again waiting 30 minutes. Finally the doctor says everyone went to lunch. Why would they tell patients to come back if they're not going to be there? Then I'm waiting till 2:00. Then they finally call us in and we're then waiting in another room till 2:30. Finally at 3:00 they started working on my son. This is so inconsiderate and ridiculous. I have a family of 6 and I will never bring them here and I will not be returning to finish my child's dental work here.

This place in my opinion is a joke! Every time we schedule, they call a day or two before the appointment to reschedule. Finally got my son there 10 mins late and because they all wanted to leave early they said I would have to reschedule. This place gives you no privacy as your seen in cubicles not rooms and when you are seen it's not what you're scheduled for! I scheduled a cleaning and sore tooth visit and when I got there they only had time to check the sore tooth, had to reschedule for a cleaning. So I did and guess what they called to reschedule the night before because the dentist wanted to leave early! Called my insurance and switched our entire family to Coast!

Where to start? My mom was getting dentures and she had a tooth that was partly falling out and they tried to take a mold for her dentures with it hanging out and her in pain, when the dentures came in the did not fit right and she would gag and not wear them. She complained a lot to them and all they could say was "Come in we will fix them." Took 3 times and she still cannot wear them. As for me I had a temporary crown put on and they told me 2 weeks, I called 2 times and 5 weeks later nothing. I had my insurance company call them and they told them, "Oh we have it. We been trying to reach her," yet no messages and I'm a stay at home mother. I get my calls. I would never recommend them to anyone and I we have and pay for good insurance.

I thought I was getting a deal through my teacher's union for orthodontic work at Bright Now. I should have known that I would "get what I paid for". Customer service is horrendous from front office staff, to hygienists, to even the district manager. Wait time is more than 30 minutes at times. I was even told that I would have to come back another day (even though I had scheduled an appointment months in advance) because the doctor couldn't fit me in -- I was already in the waiting room for more than 40 minutes!

I've been cancelled on multiple times. The quality of care is extremely below standards as even my dentist noticed that my bite was still off (right before I was going in to Bright Now to get them removed). Seems like a money making machine. There's one orthodontist who travels, the managers seem uneducated and uncaring, and the service the worst. I've written review after review, contacted the office, talked to a manager; I think I'm going to have to escalate this situation.

My mom and sister have had terrible service and experience. Manager and staff takes no responsibility and blames customers. My sister had a tiny cavity and was filled 1 week ago. Since then, my mom has taken my sister back 5 times because the fill was not done properly and now has consistent pain. They are claiming that they don't know what it is. My sister had no pain, nor major cavity to have caused this fill and terrible experience. The last thing they said is that they will refer us to a specialist that will help that will charge $1300 and that we are responsible for it. DO NOT GO TO THIS PLACE. I do not understand how this place is in business.

I went to Bright Now Dental as it was in my Insurance. Dr ** not only did not complete the work on the tooth that he was suppose to work on, he also damaged the neighboring tooth. Now after 5 weeks of pain all I hear from Business manager is that "the Dentist will settle this with you. He will call you. He is checking with his insurance agent, etc." The business is not taking responsibility of the damage. I have to do implants as there are no molars left on the left side due to the severe damage caused and the remaining need to be extracted as well as he dug into them when fixing the one he was supposed to.

I will definitely take the business to court but I will also want everyone out there to be beware of such businesses that just want to rip you off by hiring unprofessional dentists who just don't know what they are doing. Screaming at their assistants and ripping off your lips and neighboring tooth. If you love your teeth, avoid this place. I will strongly suggest all to avoid this place and go elsewhere.

I feel this Bright Now location is a big fraud. I visited for normal cleaning. I spent 500$ on cleaning. Doctors then advised me for tooth filling telling that in future that might be problem to me. I never had any pain but believed in Doctor's recommendation and as precaution done the tooth filling spending another 200$.
From that day, there is severe pain. I visited two times later where doctors couldn't fix the problem and instead now they ask me to do root canal for

same tooth and asking to pay another 1500$. I want everyone to be aware of this fraud. I've never expected this from such a bigger brand.

A couple years ago I made the mistake of selecting Bright now dental as my hmo dentist. I had them put a crown on and it fell off. I went back & they said I needed an implant and said my insurance wouldn't cover it. So the cost was going to come out of my pocket about $2000. I told them to just put a crown on & I didn't go back. A while ago I took a bite of a cheetoh & that crown they put on less than 2 years ago just fell off. I do not recommend anyone to go there and get your teeth messed up by them! Now I'm gonna have to pay for the same tooth twice. How is that even fair? I am so disappointed for going there in the first place. I will never go back to them! I feel like they messed up my tooth on purpose so I could end up getting an implant.

Bright Now! Dental Company Profile