1.21/5

Las Vegas

30 Absolute Dental Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 11, 2019

I called because I had a chipped tooth and wanted info and cost. I was told the visit would be $39.00 for X-ray of the one tooth and then given treatment plan.

I went in and had the X-ray, dentist came in said I needed root canal. I went out expecting to pay 39.00 for visit and I was told my total for the visit was $175.00 for the visit. I asked why I was told $39.00 on the phone, she said that I saw the specialist. I told her I did not ask for a specialist. She then said that she would drop it to $75.00. I paid that and then was told it was $2900.00 for the one tooth. I will not be returning. Be careful when you go there.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I called to ask the office on Rainbow and Charleston to ask what the copay was. First I was on hold for 15 mins and then they answered rude and said they have no idea that it could be nothing or 39 dollars. I made this appointment a week ago. How can they not know? Every other office can tell me. So I was mad about how she was talking to me and I hung up. I called back to talk to a manager and I was on hold for 30 mins and no one came to the phone. I finally called from my house phone and just canceled the appointment. I will never go to this location again.

Get expert buying tips about Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I used Absolute Dental for about 5 years off and on. In the last few years they have put in 2 crowns, seated them improperly so they are open, and missed an abscess I had in a crown in my front tooth. Now I have to have an implant in that crown. I complained to them about the improperly seated crowns, wanting my current dentist to redo them, and I was told I had to sign a waiver that I will never talk about my bad experiences or ever try to make them pay reimburse me for any problems they caused in my teeth. They have refused to refund me the amount I paid, (938), and only authorized a refund for the amount I was supposed to pay, (305). They will not refund me without signing the waiver so now I am taking them to small claims court.

Original review: March 28, 2018

First off they are disorganized, rude, and unprofessional. Once I was signed in the lady asked me for insurance. I provided her with my insurance which is Liberty Dental through Medicaid. She immediately asked if I was in pain. I told her no, so she said, “Well we only accept this insurance for emergency purposes,” only because that's all my insurance will cover. Mind you this is the appointed office I was given so I know that was not true and even if it was when I first set up the appointed why was that not said because they did ask what insurance I had. So I left, called my insurance and asked what was covered just to be certain. They told me exams, x-rays, 1 cleaning per year and a few other things. Caps, fillings and partials are covered with a prior authorization. Everything that I already knew.

So I let them know for some reason Absolute Dental is saying they don't accept and the lady was like, “That's weird. Idk why they would say that because they indeed do.” So then I called Absolute Dental 800 number to ask if they accepted that insurance, they also said they do so I asked why would that office say they don't. She asked me what service I was trying to get. I told her just a basic check-up. So she said she's going to double-check with the supervisor just in case anything has changed. So she said the supervisor called that office and everything should be good to go maybe just a misunderstanding. So I went back in spoke with now the guy up front and let him know that I spoke with someone from the call center and I should be good to go. So he tells me that, “You can be seen but you're going to have to pay out of pocket.” I'm like, “Why? My insurance covers it.” So he argues with me telling me it doesn't.

I'm like, “I just spoke with someone there and they says it does.” And with much attitude he's like, “I just talked to them too and it doesn't.” So I say, “Okay I'll just call again.” So I got back on the phone spoke directly to the supervisor. He tells me I should be good and he doesn't know why they keep turning me away. He also tells me that deep cleaning will be out of pocket. So I'm like, “Okay??? I didn't ask for a deep cleaning,” and he says, “Oh okay. They said you were wanting a deep cleaning.” I'm like, “I never once mentioned a deep cleaning.” So he says he's going to contact them again and call me back. He didn't call back but someone did and they said I can come back at 12. It was already 10 minutes until. I was at home so I said it will take me about 20 minutes to get back there.

So I get there at 12:11 signed in. The same guy called me up and said, “We are really behind. Do you mind coming back at 2.” I said, “Yes I do mind.” So he said, “Okay that fine. You can wait until 2.” So I asked to speak with the supervisor there. So then she starts telling me how they are behind and it's almost their lunch time. So I'm like, “Why would y'all tell me to come back at 12.” So then they start acting confused about who told me to come back at 12. Of course I didn't get the person's name. So I left and I've been waiting on a callback from the supervisor ever since.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I went to Absolute Dental in Spanish Springs, NV because they were offering free X-rays, exam, and cleaning for new patients. I had no dental insurance and live on disability. They took the X-rays and during the exam told me that my fractured molar would require dental surgery and was too complicated for them. This was confirmed by their senior dentist who happened to be in the office on his day off. They gave me the name of a dental surgeon to call. When I called and explained my situation I was given an estimate of $3500 for the surgery. I told them there was no way I could afford that so they quickly amended that amount to $2500. I thanked them and hung up.

On my way home from Spanish Springs I stopped in at Desert Valley Dental in Fernley, NV and told them I needed a fractured molar extracted. They had an opening right then and the X-rays were done and the tooth was extracted in two pieces and I paid $123 for what was called a “simple extraction” on their billing sheet.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Absolute Dental?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

As a new patient I called for the first time and someone name Debbie answered at Nellis location in Las Vegas, extremely rude, I decided not to set an appointment at all. If the person who answered is so rude how the dentist will be?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I would not recommend Absolute Dental anyone. I can even get a hold of the billing department. I have dual insurance coverage for dental and Absolute Dental is double billing me even though my primary insurance had issued payment and I was informed that they would not submit to my secondary as it is not their job. I would have to do it and I will have to pay for dental procedures up front because of their lab costs regardless if my insurances pay or not.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

The absolute worst service for a dental office. They do not return your calls. They do not call your insurance provider for authorization. They lie to you and tell you they will get back to you after they talk to them. But they never call you back. Then when you call them after weeks of waiting they say the person that you need to talk to he's on the phone and they will call you back, but they never do. Do not go there. They are the absolute worst. The one I am speaking about is in Sparks Nevada on Pyramid Way next to Walmart.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I have had an ongoing Billing issue with Absolute Dental for 4 months. My complaint finally landed with the regional mgr. I was advised I would receive a refund in the amount of 701.24 and the then tables turned and I have been advised that I owed them from the past, a balance of 1320.00. For 4 months this was never brought up and I was received in writing from Pete **, the regional mgr himself, that my refund was being processed.

I asked for a detailed description of the charges. I was told they would do an internal audit of my account. After an internal audit, they told me the original past balance had now been reduced to 702.84 and that they were keeping my refund of 701.24 that I was told I would be receiving and as a courtesy they would Credit the additional 1.60 that was my remaining balance. I question their Billing practices and credibility. If anyone has had similar experiences. Please email me at **. Perhaps collectively we can pursue them legally.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Beware these crooks and scammers! When I went to Absolute Dental to get a tooth extracted I first talked to the front desk receptionist and explained I was poor and would be paying cash so needed an estimate for costs. She gave me an estimate and explained it could be around $100 more than the estimate depending on work needed. I had enough money on me so I went ahead with the extraction. Of course that was after putting up with 30 minutes of both the assistant and the dentist trying to pressure me into getting $44,000 worth of work that they would gladly finance, I finally demanded they just pull the damn tooth that I originally told them I could only afford.

When done, I went to the front counter to pay the bill. The bill did come to about $85 more than the estimate. I asked again if this was THE TOTAL bill and was assured by her that it was. I again asked her if there were going to be any "hidden or surprise" charges later. She again assured me that no there would not be. The bill she gave me was THE TOTAL bill for the visit and extraction and that there were no other charges. I paid the bill with cash with that understanding that it was THE TOTAL and there were no other charges (I did this because numerous reviews of these guys stated they love to add on "hidden" fees later).

All fees/charges were paid in full at the time of my visit. All fees/charges were paid for in cash at the time of my visit and all fees/charges were repeatedly checked by me and guaranteed to be the total fees/charges by Absolute Dental's billing person who took my payment and gave me my receipt. What happens months later? I get a notice in the mail that I magically owe another $95!! I called and asked them what it was for and no one could give me an answer. I repeated to them everything I said above and was told by the Absolute Dental billing person on the phone that "it must have been a mistake and would be taken care of". What do I get today in the mail? A collection notice. Looks like I get to go tell this to a judge. At least when I go I'll have a stack of reviews and complaints printed out with me to show that this is a common scam tactic by them.

Absolute Dental Company Information