Las Vegas

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.18/5

Absolute Dental Reviews

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I was a new patient for Absolute Dental in July 2019. I went in for my first appointment and x-rays. I was scheduled for a filling for one tooth. The clinic had a new contract dentist due to my dentist being on leave. That dentist was awful, she was mean to the other employees, snippy with patients and did awful work. In fact, she scratched the enamel on one of my other teeth. I noticed it when it happened and when I got home and was checking out my teeth. I called the clinic the next day to report my concern. I set a follow-up appointment to get it checked by my regular dentist. That dentist looked at it and said it shouldn’t cause me any issues, even though I could feel the indention on my tooth.

I later received a bill for the first appointment, which I already paid my copayment and the insurance billed. I contacted billing and they said I owed another $100. I requested the records and found that the dentist reported I declined treatment for the tooth that was damaged. I shouldn’t have to pay an additional $100 for poor care and falsifying my medical record. Avoid Absolute Dental if you care for your teeth.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Prior to doing any dental work they explained the process to me with a witness who works in the medical field. This consultation is why I selected them to do the work I needed done. I found out shortly after my procedure the things they told me were lies just to get my business. On top of that they sent fictitious bills to my insurance company causing me to get denied for further work I needed. They are unorganized and unprofessional.

Get expert buying tips about Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

Went in for Root canal and was told $939. Signed a contract. After numbing and in pain was told of Suprise Fees another $1000 were in order yet the contract was changed by them only, not me. Original contract was signed by myself and Doc. Chen, new one was not signed or brought to my attention. New fees were for obstruction and now consultation fee. Also stated 2 visits yet only one completed and told to go elsewhere to complete job. Rest will be brought up in Civil Court. Don't go there, mainly Decatur and Blue Diamond office.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

My teeth were in good condition when I went to Absolute Dental for a routine cleaning and exam. With the work they claimed I needed, my teeth are in much worse condition than they ever were before. My husband was fitted for a dental splint to prevent him from grinding his teeth at night. No price was quoted, and they are charging $600. These people are the WORST. You are better off taking good care of your teeth and avoiding this place.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I took my 14 year old daughter (a minor) to the Absolute Dental on Ann/Simmons in NLV yesterday. When she was called back to do X-rays I was told to wait in the lobby as I couldn’t be in the room and when they were done with X-rays they would come get me. I waited 30 minutes and then went to the front desk to ask if they were done yet. They then take me back to my daughter. As I’m rounding the corner they are getting my daughter up and escorting us back up front. I asked the assistant if there is no dentist there. She says, "yes, there is." My daughter then tells me the dentist spoke to her regarding treatment and would give her a referral for braces. I asked the assistant why would the dentist talk to my daughter? I’m the adult. Why was I not brought back there. They then take us back to the examining room to speak to the dentist.

After waiting another 20 minutes the dentist comes in and I ask her the same thing. I also find out the assistant physically told the dentist she is 14 and her mom is in the lobby. I tell them I’m the adult. I am responsible for treatment. My daughter cannot authorize anything. She can pay for nothing. She can’t even fill out their paperwork. I have to as I’m the responsible party. The dentist then lies to me as she was coming out to talk to me. As I told her, we were checking out, we were leaving. She was with another patient.

In addition to this episode, I have been going to this facility for 2 months for myself. I have had 4 appointments and NOTHING has been done to resolve my issues. NOTHING! In 4 appointments 2 have been canceled no more than 1/2 hour before my appointment and rescheduled. I’m beginning to think they are just trying to keep charging my insurance. So don’t go to Absolute Dental at Ann/Simmons or Dr. **. Very unprofessional and lies. Also, I did call their corporate office and they couldn’t care less. They didn’t even ask for the dentist's name.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Absolute Dental?

Original review: May 11, 2019

I called because I had a chipped tooth and wanted info and cost. I was told the visit would be $39.00 for X-ray of the one tooth and then given treatment plan.

I went in and had the X-ray, dentist came in said I needed root canal. I went out expecting to pay 39.00 for visit and I was told my total for the visit was $175.00 for the visit. I asked why I was told $39.00 on the phone, she said that I saw the specialist. I told her I did not ask for a specialist. She then said that she would drop it to $75.00. I paid that and then was told it was $2900.00 for the one tooth. I will not be returning. Be careful when you go there.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I called to ask the office on Rainbow and Charleston to ask what the copay was. First I was on hold for 15 mins and then they answered rude and said they have no idea that it could be nothing or 39 dollars. I made this appointment a week ago. How can they not know? Every other office can tell me. So I was mad about how she was talking to me and I hung up. I called back to talk to a manager and I was on hold for 30 mins and no one came to the phone. I finally called from my house phone and just canceled the appointment. I will never go to this location again.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I used Absolute Dental for about 5 years off and on. In the last few years they have put in 2 crowns, seated them improperly so they are open, and missed an abscess I had in a crown in my front tooth. Now I have to have an implant in that crown. I complained to them about the improperly seated crowns, wanting my current dentist to redo them, and I was told I had to sign a waiver that I will never talk about my bad experiences or ever try to make them pay reimburse me for any problems they caused in my teeth. They have refused to refund me the amount I paid, (938), and only authorized a refund for the amount I was supposed to pay, (305). They will not refund me without signing the waiver so now I am taking them to small claims court.

Original review: March 28, 2018

First off they are disorganized, rude, and unprofessional. Once I was signed in the lady asked me for insurance. I provided her with my insurance which is Liberty Dental through Medicaid. She immediately asked if I was in pain. I told her no, so she said, “Well we only accept this insurance for emergency purposes,” only because that's all my insurance will cover. Mind you this is the appointed office I was given so I know that was not true and even if it was when I first set up the appointed why was that not said because they did ask what insurance I had. So I left, called my insurance and asked what was covered just to be certain. They told me exams, x-rays, 1 cleaning per year and a few other things. Caps, fillings and partials are covered with a prior authorization. Everything that I already knew.

So I let them know for some reason Absolute Dental is saying they don't accept and the lady was like, “That's weird. Idk why they would say that because they indeed do.” So then I called Absolute Dental 800 number to ask if they accepted that insurance, they also said they do so I asked why would that office say they don't. She asked me what service I was trying to get. I told her just a basic check-up. So she said she's going to double-check with the supervisor just in case anything has changed. So she said the supervisor called that office and everything should be good to go maybe just a misunderstanding. So I went back in spoke with now the guy up front and let him know that I spoke with someone from the call center and I should be good to go. So he tells me that, “You can be seen but you're going to have to pay out of pocket.” I'm like, “Why? My insurance covers it.” So he argues with me telling me it doesn't.

I'm like, “I just spoke with someone there and they says it does.” And with much attitude he's like, “I just talked to them too and it doesn't.” So I say, “Okay I'll just call again.” So I got back on the phone spoke directly to the supervisor. He tells me I should be good and he doesn't know why they keep turning me away. He also tells me that deep cleaning will be out of pocket. So I'm like, “Okay??? I didn't ask for a deep cleaning,” and he says, “Oh okay. They said you were wanting a deep cleaning.” I'm like, “I never once mentioned a deep cleaning.” So he says he's going to contact them again and call me back. He didn't call back but someone did and they said I can come back at 12. It was already 10 minutes until. I was at home so I said it will take me about 20 minutes to get back there.

So I get there at 12:11 signed in. The same guy called me up and said, “We are really behind. Do you mind coming back at 2.” I said, “Yes I do mind.” So he said, “Okay that fine. You can wait until 2.” So I asked to speak with the supervisor there. So then she starts telling me how they are behind and it's almost their lunch time. So I'm like, “Why would y'all tell me to come back at 12.” So then they start acting confused about who told me to come back at 12. Of course I didn't get the person's name. So I left and I've been waiting on a callback from the supervisor ever since.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I went to Absolute Dental in Spanish Springs, NV because they were offering free X-rays, exam, and cleaning for new patients. I had no dental insurance and live on disability. They took the X-rays and during the exam told me that my fractured molar would require dental surgery and was too complicated for them. This was confirmed by their senior dentist who happened to be in the office on his day off. They gave me the name of a dental surgeon to call. When I called and explained my situation I was given an estimate of $3500 for the surgery. I told them there was no way I could afford that so they quickly amended that amount to $2500. I thanked them and hung up.

On my way home from Spanish Springs I stopped in at Desert Valley Dental in Fernley, NV and told them I needed a fractured molar extracted. They had an opening right then and the X-rays were done and the tooth was extracted in two pieces and I paid $123 for what was called a “simple extraction” on their billing sheet.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Absolute Dental Company Information