4.53/5

Astoria, Queens, NY

Our main goal is to provide our patients with the highest quality of dental care. Dr. Eliades and his staff are here to listen to your questions and concerns. We offer 2 locations in Flushing and Astoria for your convenience.

Our administrative staff will assist you with questions about scheduling, financial policy and insurance, to make that part of the process as simple as possible. You can reach our Flushing office at: (718)445-5610 and our Astoria office at: (718)278-5700

View More View More

50 Queens Family Dental Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 8, 2019

I have been going to dentists for years and I never felt at home. The personnel here welcome you and you feel comfortable which helps with the anxiety that comes along with seeing the dentist. I had two implants done by their surgeon and dmDrc ** restores them. The process was easy and painless. They also set up an in/house pmt agreement which was great. If you are looking for a nice dental office go to them.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I was referred by 1-800-Dentist and they certainly vet their doctors. Dr. ** was so pleasant and he did a treatment plan for me on the first visit. He spent a lot of time with me and Afina the front desk girl was great. I had two implants placed by the surgeon and on my way to restoring them. I am very happy with the care I received.

Get expert buying tips about Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Ellen and Dr. ** and so good at what they do. From the minute I walked in with an emergency I was very happy. They got me out of pain immediately. My old dentist would make me wait for hours but I don’t have time to waste. Definitely recommending this office.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Thank you ** for the most amazing smile. Thank you for your care and talent. You are truly the best! I love my new smile and it’s all because of you. From the moment I walked in I felt so comfortable there. Your staff went way beyond to welcome me and helped me with the financing. I highly recommend you and your staff.

Thank you Frank!

Original review: March 27, 2019

I was referred to them by 1-800-DENTIST for a serious gum disease problem I had. I am so happy that I went there because they saved my teeth. I now have a healthy mouth and I will not lose my teeth. They were so caring and professional. I highly recommend them.

Thank you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Queens Family Dental?

Original review: July 17, 2019

Dr ** did my porcelain veneers and they are perfect. I am very happy with everything about the office and would recommend. The staff is very caring and they go out of their way to make you feel welcome. My family also go to there and they love them too.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I have the best things to say about. He is without a doubt the most talented dentist I have ever been to. He goes beyond to help his patients. My family all goes to him and we love him. He is caring and a gentle dentist.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Dr ** and Dr ** did a great job on my teeth. They are both very kind and talented. My teeth look great and I am thrilled. I wish more doctors were this nice. I highly recommend them. They have me as a lifelong patient.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

It’s very hard to find good caring providers and I have been to so many that I was unhappy with until now. ** and his staff treat patients with exceptional kindness and they are compassionate towards fears. I personally was scared of dentists but he has such a soft touch that I was able to get all my work done. Bravo to the staff of Queens Family Dental!

Queens Family Dental response

Original review: July 17, 2017

I was in a lot of pain. Called 1800 Dentist because my dentist did not call me back. I was referred to Dr. ** and he called me back immediately on a Saturday night and came in to see me first thing Sunday morning. He got me out of pain and scheduled me to come back on Monday. It isn't often you meet a Doctor like him. He gave me his cell phone and asked me to call him if I needed anything. I am very impressed with his commitment towards his patients and practice. Dr. ** is my new Dentist!

Resolution response: Oct. 27, 2017

I have since resolved the dispute. I wish to retract my review. The dental office has made corrective actions to their problem. I am satisfied. I retract past review.

Original review: July 6, 2017

My husband was told he needed extensive gum surgery and bone graphs. He was told it would take $7000 to do. That is really cost more than that. Dr ** told us he would charge only what I was charged. Once my husband spoke to the periodontist, he realized that his gums would need much more than $7000 but $21000. For months we have been asking Dr ** to return the loan back to Wellness Loan Co since my husband only did two crowns and two molars that did not need a $7000 loan for. I had paid no out of pocket for any of my dental work. Only the cosmetic work.

I need Dr ** to do the right thing and to return the loan and let me pay the extra $187.50 for the molar plus the $325 my insurance didn't cover for my husband was redoing molars that had already been paid for. Once Dr ** addresses this I would be glad to turn this review to a positive review. Sometimes people get caught in life and in their problems to realize they have to be professional and ethical. So, please refund the loan entirely and we can be best of friends and I would change this review.

Original review: June 28, 2016

I had a terrible accident and all my teeth broke and needed major restorative work. I went to ** in Astoria and he did an outstanding job. He was so kind and cleared his schedule to get me out of pain and temporized my teeth. I was so relieved to look better so quickly. He just finished the case and my smile looks better than ever. He is so knowledgeable and caring and he makes you feel so comfortable. He is always available and he checked on me often to make sure I was doing ok. I have never met such a good man in this field. He is the true definition of a fine doctor.

Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2015

I was referred by 1800 Dentist and I am extremely satisfied. The staff was lovely, professional and efficient. I was seen promptly and the exam went smoothly. I went here for second opinion for some cosmetic work and I am choosing him to do the work. I decided this because he is very nice and he has an in- house finance program that I can afford. I am very happy with Queens Family Dental.

Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2015

I went to Queens Family Dentist for Invisalign. They lied saying they submitted my impressions and never did I have recording of them saying that and all. I put down a $900 cash down payment which I got receipt for treatment. They kept saying the impressions were wrong or the Invisalign office is delaying treatment which was a lie. 6 months later they retracted and said they never sent it out and they have to change the original down payment though they may deny I have a long recording as proof that if I change my mind they cannot give me a full refund. I to this day have not gotten a full refund. They fail to realize people work hard for their money not to give it away and get nothing in return.

Queens Family Dental response

You facts are wrong. You came in wanting Invisalign but could not put down the deposit to cover our costs to order Invisalign. We gave you an amazing discount so you can get it. We submitted your case but they required additional impressions but the case was not shipping until our costs were covered. You wanted a refund and you received it minus the Invisalign work-up.

Resolution response: June 29, 2015

I would like to retract this review. I picked up the check this weekend. The business has done the right thing as such for being in business for over 30 years. They do offer Invisalign at a discounted price and I am sure have been treating other patients with great respect. There are 2 offices and would like to make it clear that Dr. William Eliades did not treat me. My understanding is he has a respectable reputation. I would like to apologize if this review has harmed him or confused anyone in anyway. I would like to thank ConsumerAffairs for helping resolve this matter.

Original review: June 18, 2015

Please avoid Queens Family Dental. They bill for procedures that were never performed, performed services that were already done and unnecessary, and are not qualified to assess whether or not someone is a candidate for Invisalign let along perform the treatment. This is my story. 10/23/2014 I went to 212 Dental in the city to have a yearly check-up. I had an x-ray, cleaning and a filling done. Then in November I decided to switch dentist and go to Queens Family Dental for Invisaligns as well as to fill my remaining cavities. My x-rays were sent to them and went for procedures on two separate occasions. 11/13/2014 I had two cavities filled on tooth 4 and 5. At that point they told me I needed to come back for a root canal. Upon leaving I paid $1,500 towards Invisalign treatment paid with my personal credit card.

2/5/2015 Went back to the office for the root canal on tooth #29. After further evaluation the dentist told me I didn't need a root canal and proceeded with a filling. The dental assistants took impressions for Invisalign. They charge me $1900 which I thought was high and asked for a bill and paid with my flexible spending card. They said they would mail it to me. When I received the receipt/bill I saw charges and payments for invisaligns, cavity work and a Porcelain Crown for tooth #8 for $1200. They billed me for a procedure that was never done. 2/23/15 Received the Explanation of Benefits from the insurance company. They won't cover the filling on tooth #29 that was performed on 2/5/2015 because it was already filled on 10/23/14. Since the insurance didn't pick up the cost because they only cover one restoration per tooth in a 36 month period Queens Family Dental charged me the full amount for the cavity which was $200.

I called the insurance company and they confirmed it was the identical procedure. The insurance company advised I speak to both dentist. The dentist at 212 Dental assured me that my cavity was filled. 2/23/2015 My wife and I went to Queens Family Dental and spoke to **, the Office Manager so she could clarify the bill. I thought perhaps they made a mistake and billed for the wrong tooth. ** said the filling was done one Tooth 29 and he needed it. When I told her the other dentist filled that exact same cavity and I have the explanation of benefits from the insurance, she replied, "I don't know what the other dentist did." I asked for a refund for the filling and she said no. Then I asked her for a refund in the amount of $120 for services that weren't rendered. I told her that we weren't prepaying for a crown or treatments that he hasn't gotten done yet. She said she couldn't do it right now.

At that point I wasn't getting anywhere and left. 2/24/2015 Called to speak with the dentist that actually performed the work. The receptionist told me she wasn't in and I would have to call back on Thursday to speak with **, the dentist that performed the work. I was actually surprise to find out that there was another dentist in the office because all the Guardian statements said **, DDS. So I just thought maybe there were 2 dentists and didn't pay any mind. 2/26/2015 Called back and they told us to come into the office. I thought I was to speak with the ** about the cavity. When we got there they lead us into a room and ** started to explain that Pablos Invisalign was more complicated than she thought and after consulting with an Invisalign doctor/specialist they had to pull two teeth first before any trays were ordered, she said nothing had been done yet.

I was extremely taken aback because I had gone for the initial consultation over 3 weeks ago and they never once told me that my case was complicated and that I would need 2 of my teeth pulled. This made absolutely no sense to me. Then I asked her why she filled tooth number 29. ** explained that she looked at the x-ray, thought it was a root canal, but determined I had a cavity so she filled it. Then I told her I already had it filled 3 months ago and she looked surprised. If she was a qualified dentist she would have looked at my x-ray, looked at my tooth, realized there was a fairly new filling there. But instead she took out the existing filling saw the original cavity and then refilled. She tried to convince me that I had another cavity. I told her the other dentist filled the same exact cavity you billed, same surface everything. How is it possible that I grew a cavity or a root canal on an existing filling in 3 months?

I explained to her that this whole ordeal didn't make any sense or sit well with me. There were too many oddities in the stories. I told her since nothing was ordered for the process as of yet we wanted a full refund for Invisalign and the filling for a total of $3,200. She said ok and would speak to the office manager. Even after the dentist said I would get my money back, and after waiting for 15 minutes in a back room the Office Manager tells me she will refund $2650. She won't give us a $200 refund for the filling; they would give us back all the money for the Invisalign except for $350 which is the cost of the work up. There shouldn't be a charge for the impressions because they didn't know what they were doing in the first place. A dentist didn't even look at my teeth properly during the initial consultation to assess the situation but instead just had the dental assistant take the impressions.

If the dentist had assessed my teeth properly she would have told me during the initial consultation that his case was complicated and I need to extract 2 teeth before taking impressions or going any further. This was never the case. Three weeks past and then the Dentist explained to us that an outside Invisalign specialist told her it's a complicated case and I would need my teeth pulled. Impressions shouldn't even have been taken in the first place. It was a waste of everyone's time. It was their mistake because they don't know that they are doing and they are trying to charge us for it. I told them it was late and that I would like a refund and of course they said they weren't authorized to do that. Its seems odd how they were authorized to charge my husband's credit cards for the work but not to refund his money.

2/28/2015 Dentist wife, ** confirmed I would get a refund of $2650. 3/3/2015 received a text with a copy of a bill from ** with a $2650 credit that is due back to us. 3/7 Returned signed waivers that I wouldn't sue them. 3/9/2015 went to get my refund but no one is in the office. They said I would get the refund by the end of March. They did not hold up to their end of the agreement. In April they started giving us back our money in installments $300 on April 1st, $500 on April 8th. I was done giving them the benefits of the doubt since we requested our money back the end of February and decided the only way we were getting our money back was to dispute the charges with the credit card companies. Since so much time had passed one of the credit cards couldn't credit the money on our account.

It is June 18th and to date we have gotten all of our money back except $350. They are even fully aware they owe us the money and even documented it and sent it to the credit card company. It is June 18th and to date we have gotten all of our money back except $350. Please look them up before you use them. You will get a lot of info from the Better Business Bureau and the Office of the Professions. You will get more than enough info to make an informed decision.

Pablo

I appreciate that you retracted but you your wife’s original review is so inaccurate of what really happened. All we wanted was to give you the best care at an affordable price. You stated you would remove her review which you have not done.

Original review: April 2, 2015

I was in Queens visiting my grandfather and I was in so much pain. He took me to his dentist down the block and they saw me immediately and got me out of pain. Thank you Dr. ** for the exceptional service and although I live in the city, plan to train it to you for future dental work.

Queens Family Dental response

Original review: Jan. 22, 2015

I've been with Queens Family Dental for a couple of years now. Everybody is very friendly. The receptionists that I met are very nice. I just had a cleaning a week and a half ago and the hygienist made sure I was comfortable. She brought her own pillow so I will be calm. She's a very nice lady, very professional.

Queens Family Dental response

Original review: Jan. 20, 2015

Queens Family Dental was wonderful. I was referred to them by a friend. I went for a whitening experience and they were perfect. Support staff was professional and pleasant. The dentist was kind and efficient, too. During the procedure, I was very comfortable.

Queens Family Dental response

Original review: Jan. 18, 2015

They're all wonderful. The dentists are great. The doctor is amazing. He has good, professional manner and knows how to interact with you. I love my interaction. They made me feel very comfortable. My son is getting braces, and I have some dental work which he's in the process of doing including root canal and an implant.

Thank you so much!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2015

My experience with Queens was excellent. Most people are a little anxious when they go to a dental office but they made you feel comfortable and not to worry and they're great. It was a good experience and I didn't feel anxious. I would definitely recommend Queens.

Thank you so much!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2015

Queens Family Dental is my favorite dentist. They're excellent, very explanatory and patient. No pain. And I don't have to wait long when I go there. Very thorough. I would recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2015

I first came to Dr ** in May 2014, and, after being told I needed a root canal and crown on tooth number four, I suffered over six months (at least 10 appointments) in hopes of getting ONE GOOD CROWN on that tooth: several bad crowns, broken crowns (created by dr trying to adjust), crowns with holes (created by dr trying to adjust), confirmed appointments where the crown was not actually in the Astoria office, confirmed appointments where it was discovered that the crown hadn't been ordered, and, in the end, seeing three different dentists - a crown that was ok (it wasn't broken and seemed to fit ok after adjustments that I had to wait for the third dentist to return from taking lunch while I was still in the chair!). I did not have a color match - but at least I thought I finally had a tooth. This was placed mid Oct. Over those 6 months I started teeth clenching because I was afraid "the tooth" would come out.

On December 10, I called and requested my records, including all xrays, to be sent to a different dentist that I was visiting for a chipped tooth. The woman on the phone said, "Oh, yes, I know who you are." She assured me that she would be in the Astoria office the next day and would send the records. The records never came. Now having taken completely new films, there is a radiographical hole/space between the crown from this office not even three months old - and the gold crown behind it. In addition, caries seems to be developing in this space likely due to the gap. The crown was not placed/seated/positioned correctly and I need to have it taken out and started AGAIN!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2015

I had a pretty good time at Queens Family Dental. My father was a dentist so I know how a dentist's office ought to function and have certain expectations of quality. Everybody was friendly. The doctor was particularly friendly and the work was good. My dad gave me something to check in after and he said it was some good work. Once I showed up for my appointment, I didn't wait for very long. I would recommend it. He seems like a good dentist, not trying to screw people out of money.

Queens Family Dental response

Original review: Jan. 6, 2015

I'm undergoing tooth extractions and I might be getting some dental implants at Queens Family Dental. The support staff was excellent and the attending dentist was professional. During the procedure, I was very relaxed and very comfortable. I traveled 110 miles to see this dentist. I live in Pennsylvania and he's in Queens so the trip's worth it going to see him from where we live. He's a good dentist. I've met a lot of dentists over my lifetime and he’s very personable and admirable. I'm very happy with him and I recommend Queens to anybody who is seeking good dental work.

Queens Family Dental response

Original review: Oct. 25, 2014

I came across Queens Family Dental when I was online. I read up on it and liked what I saw. I figured, “Let me give it a shot." From the minute I walked in, the staff was so friendly. Like most people, I’m nervous going to the dentist. When I came in at Queens, I was greeted really nicely. They make one feel very warm and comfortable. The dentist was absolutely amazing. I had a root canal and a filling. I was nervous, but he gave me Novocain and was gentle. Once I was numb, I was relaxed. He made it easy. I don’t even mind that I have to go back for another filling. He was so good. I’ve recommended all my friends to go to him. Since the procedure, I’ve had no problems whatsoever. Queens is a great dental office.

Thank you Susan!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2014

I was referred to Queens Family Dental. I thought the service was very good and the location was very convenient for me. Their staff was very, very friendly and very knowledgeable about their work. They knew about my appointment and the hygienist was very good. Also, the receptionist was very conscientious and friendly. The attending dentist was very professional and he explained everything that I had to do. He was very knowledgeable and I felt very comfortable. Everything was clean. I'll go back again after six months for a check up. It was a nice office with a nice atmosphere. I felt like people know me and if I go back they'll know who I am. I felt very good about my experience and I'm sure to go back and refer them to other patrons.

Queens Family Dental response

Thank you Andreanna for your nice review!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2014

I had cleaning on my teeth. One of my teeth had a little type of cyst... it was bleeding. He took care of that very, very well. The support staff were also excellent. They're very thorough. I was very satisfied with the hygienist. After the hygienist finished doing whole work on me, the dentist looked over to work and everything was fine. Didn't have any issues or anything like that at all.

It was a great experience. No problems at all. Very good dental doctor. Highly recommended.

Queens Family Dental response

Thanks Gus for your great review!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2014

I was so happy with my Invisalign even though I waited a little longer for it than expected. I got 3 prices for it from other offices in area and Dr. ** not only made it possible for me to get it but he was the nicest guy. Going there is a nice experience, not your typical cold Dental office in a store front. It's a quaint lovely office in a great part of Astoria that has a terrific staff. I find reviews that state they paid low price but had to wait ungrateful and ignorant. I want to recommend the office and their professional and friendly staff to all.

Queens Family Dental response

Thank you so much for the great review!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Sept. 10, 2014

DO NOT GO HERE!!! PLEASE DO NOT GO HERE!!! Please listen to all the reviews that tell you to stay far away from this place. I did my research beforehand but, against my better judgement, decided to go for an Invisalign consultation. The office was not aesthetically bad and the staff was definitely polite (although that is part of the job)....until they took a $500 cash down payment from me. Now I haven't heard ANYTHING from them about my invisalign nor can I get in contact with Dr. **. I have called the office at least 20 times and explained the situation and even told her I was cancelling the process (before the trays were even made) but the receptionist will not let you speak to Dr. ** and she keeps telling me I "can't make those decisions". I can't make decisions for things I pay for?!? What?

I have left 15 messages with the receptionist WITH my cell phone number and she assures me every time he will call me back. He never has. Each time I call to leave a new message I ask for a reasoning as to why I haven't been called but she has no answer. The one time I was told I could leave a message and he would be available to call me back between 2:30-3:30 because he was on break, I told them that I would just call then. From 2:30-3:30, no one picked up their phone when I called. I asked my boyfriend to call from work (since I figured everyone has caller ID) and wouldn't you know it; the receptionist picked up.

I decided to go because I figured that since the office isn't doing the actual molds that it would be hard for them to mess them up (I would never get any other dental work done here). Also, I just moved from Chicago to Astoria and it never occurred to me that a dentist's office would do something like this to someone. I never thought I would have my money stolen from me. I will now have to spend time I do not have to take legal action to get my money back so PLEASE DO NOT PUT YOURSELF THROUGH THIS.

Sarah,
We notified Ryan that your impressions cannot be returned to us and are now virtual. When you move and settle down to a new Dentist we will have the account transferred to them. All you are being held accountable for is the cost of these impressions. The balance is being refunded to you.
As for the refund, we have a live answering service that has not forwarded any messages from you. You make accusations that are just not true.
Please correct your facts on this review.

We are sorry for this misunderstanding and wish you luck .

Original review: Aug. 29, 2014

They were friendly. They told me what was going to happen and as things progressed, they kept me up to date, and from room to room, everybody that I would see would tell me what was happening and I didn't seem to have any problems while I was there. The dentist at Queens Family Dental was very nice. He tried to be personable and make you feel welcome. I have sometimes a fear of the dentist, so he took that into account and always tried to make everything seem like it was going quickly. I had cleanings and then cavity fillings. For me, it's always nerve-wracking but the dentist kept reassuring me and the assistant was always there to make sure I was comfortable and that everything was okay. If I felt any kind of pain, they would stop and let me rest and go again as I felt ready.

Everything seems to have held up good from when I went last year till I went this year. The cleaning was right on time and everything seemed to be going well. They said I didn’t have any new cavities and nothing has fallen out.

James,