2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.67/5

Tuft & Needle mattresses are made of cooling polyfoam, a 7-inch foundation and a plush cover. Cooling gel and heat-wicking graphite keep sleepers cool. Tuft & Needle’s prices are affordable compared to other comfort mattresses — its twin mattresses start at $350, and California kings start at $750.

Tuft & Needle Shop Now

Tuft & Needle Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tuft & Needle?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tuft & Needle?

Original review: April 26, 2020

We love our new Tuft and Needle mattress. We bought one and liked it so much we bought two more for other family members. The delivery was fast and the set up was easy. The only down side we could see was the excessive amount of plastic the mattress was wrapped in. Wish they could figure out a way to ship without the plastic. Other than that we are very happy.

Original review: April 23, 2020

My Tuft and Needle mattress is still supportive and comfortable after two years! Each night it is a pleasure to go to sleep on this mattress. It has not lost its resiliency, its ability to support my 180 lb. 5 foot ten inch frame so that I can just drop off and go to sleep within minutes. I love this mattress and the price for it was phenomenal for the quality.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I was able to test the mattress at a local showroom where there was zero sales pressure. I had looked at 3 other mattresses elsewhere and decided on T&N Mint. They made it very, very easy. Then when two weeks later a sale popped up, they honored the sale price and refunded a portion of my money plus sent me two free pillows. It did take about a week to get used to my new mattress but since then I am absolutely loving it. I am a side sleeper and have no more hip pain.

Original review: April 12, 2019

This was a mattress delivered to my house for free. It was compressed and easy to put on the bed and let it expand. I had a fusion on my spine 2 yrs ago and this bed is very comfortable. Easier weight so I can lift for the fitted sheet.

Original review: April 3, 2019

It is hard as a rock and light as a feather. It slides off frame and I put two pads on it to try and soften the pain and it did not help. I have to take pain pills and sleeping pills to get any sleep on sad excuse for a mattress.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

This mattress is so comfortable and had the perfect amount of give and firmness. It is soft and doesn’t smell like chemicals when you first unpackage it, unlike some other out of the box mattresses. Moreover, I’ve had the most amazing sex on this mattress. Hey, beds are for sleeping and... other things.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I hate to give a bad review, however as like others I read reviews and carefully research before purchasing the mattress and during the 100 day period reach out to the company with concerns of new lower back pains, they stated it is expected as your body gets used to the mattress. Then of course we passed the 100 days period and now 7 months into sleeping on the mattress myself and wife have endured severe lower back pains and neck pains, visits to the doctors, MRIs done, was advised to stop sleeping on our mattress. We did and 2 days later the back and neck pains seems to start going away. Slept on our couches 2 weeks, no pains. Returned to sleep on Tuft & Needle mattress, very next day lower back pain, no kidding, but provided us with obvious proof the mattress is the culprit!

Contact their customer service again, they said, "Well... you're past the 100 days, take some photos and send to us to see if there is possible defects." Did as instructed, 1 hour later get canned email reply, stating they see no defects and nothing else they can do for us, and suggested we list it for sale to someone to purchase (yea like we would sell this to someone just so later they could experience back pains). So disappointed in this company. They know it is hurting people. They know the 100 day thing is just marketing, scam, I'm sure they have had testing done and know people start having issues after few months.

If you're thinking to purchase this mattress, know this, the company is possibly paying for the positive review to outweigh the negative reviews. On Amazon, I have watched whenever a negative review is posted immediately after 3 positive reviews are posted to counteract any claims in the negative reviews, my assumption paid positive reviews. So for us, we lost money, the mattress will go to dump. I highly recommend NOT to buy this mattress. Read the negative reviews, these are not paid for surely.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

My bed turned to mold underneath it. I called them, they asked a couple questions and recommended that I paint the plywood underneath it. I did. They sent me another bed. Well more mold. Now they blamed my house. There is nothing wrong with my house. This mattress makes me sweat when it's warm. I guess. So if you never sweat this mattress will work for you. But I have never seen this in my 50 years of sleeping on a mattress. I contacted them they told me to pound sand!!!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

The showroom experience for Tuft & Needle was very good (Scottsdale). The buying experience was simple and easy. But once my wife and I started sleeping on this bed I started having back pain, and I’ve never had back pain before. I thought I just had to get used to the mattress, and went past the hundred day review period. We went from an expensive pillow top mattress that was 20 years old to the Tuft & Needle. I really wish we would’ve returned it before the 100th night, because my back pain has gotten significantly worse with this mattress and I’m going to have to toss it in the dump and go back to a traditional style mattress for sure.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Found the most comfortable mattress in just a few minutes online, took no time to get set up. Sleep like a baby on this mattress — it’s supportive with just enough softness on top to ease into dreamland.

Tuft & Needle Company Information