2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Lombard, IL

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.20/5

The Room Place Reviews

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

The sales associate Wendy ** that assisted me was very friendly and helpful. I went in the store looking for dining room chairs and ended up buying a recliner. I will be going back to that location and purchase a new dining room set I fell on love with. Thank You Wendy... See you soon and Happy Holidays!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

We bought this white marble looking table in December of 2017. It was a beautiful white marble look with 6 chairs. We bought the warranty because the chairs were vinyl and we wanted to make sure they lasted. Within 9 months the table had yellowed terribly but only the top and the base. The middle portion that looks like an O was still white as ever. It is not exposed to the sun at all. So the company replaced the table in January of 2018. Well guess what, it was a one time only replacement and now the table is yellow again. They will not cover it even though the furniture is in excellent shape except it is YELLOW. well, some of it. I will not purchase again from the room place as they do not back their furniture!!

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Don't buy furniture insurance from them. The Sales people will hide all fine details and sell you the insurance. If you try to claim, the insurance company comes up with all sorts of reasons to reject the claim. After 5 years they say you get your money back if you don't use it. Catch is you have to claim within 90 days otherwise you lose. Also it's a store credit they give, not the money back. I forgot to claim within 90 days and the customer service people is so rude and they expect you to read the fine prints. It's a total SCAM.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

They will lie about anything because they just want to sell their products. Their sales associates will lie just to sell you stuff and get a commission. I am never coming back to this store. Bad experience.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

After we purchased our home, we knew we would buy a new bedroom set. We chose a queen sized bedroom set. Approximately 2 months prior to the end of our sales contract the ledge holding the slats cracked! My husband called them and informed them of the problem and was told if he didn't purchase a warranty, there was nothing they could do. Upon examination of the wooden ledge holding the slats, we discovered the ledge on the left side was EXTREMELY flawed, and the wood was CHEAP. In other words it couldn't last long. By the way, the bed is not even a year old! DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING from The Room Place in Homewood!!!! Now we have to purchase a new bed. Poor, shoddy workmanship should not be acceptable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Room Place?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

The problem with The Room Place was with the product delivery. Our first dining set was delivered on August 6 2019 and it all went downhill from that point forward. We had significant damage to our table and opted to reject the table. The table was left and a new table was to be delivered. 3 tables later (each one having more damage than the first) I requested all items from the dining set be picked up and a full refund be provided.

I was promised time after time that several individuals would examine the table prior to its delivery but each time upon delivery the table was worse than the previous. At one point the delivery men forgot their drill bag which they used to take apart the table and at 7:00am the following day (Saturday) they were ringing my doorbell to pick up the bag without even calling ahead. I was given a 3 hour window with each delivery. The first time they were nearly an hour early and one of the following times they were over an hour late without so much as a call to advise that they were still delivering. It is safe to say that I will not be a returning customer at The Room Place.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

Received a dresser that was damaged. No return policy. We were required to submit photos and then wait for 3 days for them to decide whether or not it was damaged enough for us to replace. When they finally let us replace it, the one they replaced it with was also damaged. took a lot of work to get them to go around official store policy and give us a refund. Looked around for a different replacement in the store, everything is cheap materials, not much wood, plastic with vinyl laminate covering, and overpriced for the quality. They encouraged us to look at the clearance section, where we found every piece was significantly damaged and not very discounted. Will not be going back. Stay away.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Purchased bunk bed for 2 of my grandsons and 4 yr fell thru top after delivery due to lack of info regarding board needed under mattress. Sales rep said since we didn't purchase mattress they didn't tell us. No info from delivery also. BAD experience from both Sales and Delivery.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I purchased a dining room set on 7/9/2019 prior to purchasing the set I asked if they had a good quantity in stock just in case anything is damaged. They assured they had many in inventory. When I received the furniture I noticed the tabletop had manufacturer assembly defect. I contacted them a few days later text in pictures and scheduled a replacement delivery.

Sad to say they brought over a previously returned tabletop with worse damages and scratches. I was able to see them from my front step before they unloaded the table. I declined the delivery pointed out the damages. They guaranteed me a new table one week later. I get the same table delivered one week later and the touch up paint and repair looked like the individual was color blind and had overspray and only cover up half the scratches. There are consumer law that you cannot sell used items as new but that does not seem to apply to them. Upon further research they do not have any inventory of this design table. Bad for business. Need to up my game for all this nonsense.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I bought a new living room and dining room set on May 2, 2019. Everything except the coffee table were delivered on time with no problems. Was told at time of order the coffee table was on backorder but I should have it in a week or two. Two weeks later I get a call that it's still on backorder, I'm frustrated but what can you do. I'm given a date a few weeks out. Lo and behold I get another call. STILL on backorder. I ask what my options are, I can go in and pick out another table, or even take a floor model. I decide to wait it out. It matches the end table that's been in my living room almost 2 months.

FINALLY a delivery date, July 12. They don't tell me I can request a time frame. They will be here on Friday night between 5 and 8 pm. So yep I reschedule. Today July 19th is the big day, getting my new table. I vacuum. Get a vase of flowers all ready and they deliver a broken table. But don't worry I'll have another one next week. Sure I will. I call customer services, they offer me a $50 gift card to buy more things from them. I politely decline, don't want to wait another 3 months for a purchase. With SO many other options now, if this is now the way they are doing business, they will not be doing it with me any longer. Today they lost a long time loyal customer.

The Room Place Company Information