The Room Place

Lombard, IL

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I received a call from The Room Place and was informed that the cushion is now on back order. This response has really upset me and it's very unfair. My entire account has been paid in full over $1800.00 and the soft set is horrible. Not only is the seam in the process of being replaced terribly busted but seams in other areas are doing the same thing. Back in July 2016 I placed a call and was told the replaced cushion would be delivered in November. I waited patiently and now I was told it's on back order for 6-8 weeks. That leaves me with a torn sofa for the Christmas Holiday. What a embarrassment when company comes over. I just paid all that money and can't afford to pay or substitute another sofa.

Great in store experience, which, in hindsight, I now recognize was the beginning of a giant scam. We bought a very nice reclining sofa and love seat and they threw in an extended warranty. After having the furniture for a little over a year the reclining mechanism broke. Our paperwork shows the reclining mechanism is covered for three years. The Room Place people claim that nothing in their store is covered for more than 1 year, and there is no convincing them otherwise. We pointed them to their website and showed them our paperwork and still they refused to cover the repair. Eventually, the company that provides the extended warranty - Guardian - stepped up and said they would cover it. They said The Room Place does this to them all the time.

So after 2 months of just trying to get the repair covered, the ball was in The Room Place's court to order the replacement part (on Guardian's dime). We have now been waiting 4 months for the part to show up after being told it would be 4 weeks. We have called and called and e-mailed and e-mailed and each time it's like the first time we have contacted them. There's no record of our problem or the part. Finally we called corporate and they said that we had received the part. Really? Then they figured out that it had been shipped from Hong Kong but would not arrive until mid-December. So we will be seven months waiting for a $5 replacement part. Here's hoping it's the right part.

Every person we have interacted with at The Room Place (since we handed over our money) has been uninformed and unconcerned - at best. Mostly they have been disrespectful and even insulting. We have spent so much time and energy trying to get this minor repair completed and they have put forth zero effort, even obstructing our efforts at times. The worst after the sale service I have ever experienced. To add insult to injury, they offered us a "we are sorry" gift. It was the same set of bar glasses with warped bottoms that they gave us when we originally bought the furniture. What a joke.

I AM ONLY LEAVING 1 STAR, BECAUSE THERE IS NO 0 STAR RATING. Came here and spent $3,000+ on a bedroom set. Had issues with it from day one. The quality and workmanship is very poor. Spoke with Sales Manager Loyd several times. Also spoke with James the manager. They both lied several times and should be fired. Called several times over the past 2 years, and they keep making promises. On the other hand, believe it or not, Value City Furniture has some of the best customer service I've seen. They fixed something that was not even their fault. Don't know why we bought here, and won't buy here again. DO NOT BUY HERE. THEY LIE AND HAVE NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!

The Room Place furniture is not worth the money. The bedroom set start falling apart within 5 months of my purchase. Now that the warranty is over the extended warranty won't cover the problem.

I ordered a sofa from The Room Place and at first glance I knew something was wrong. One of the arms of the sofa is bigger than the other. I call and they sent a tech out to look at the sofa and he saw the problem but when he submitted his report it said nothing was wrong. I called back to The Room Place and told them I wanted the sofa picked up and was told that there is nothing they can do. Now I'm stuck with a deformed sofa.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Room Place?

I bought a dresser and nightstand from Room Place in Carmel IN. THEY DELIVERED MY DRESSER BUT NEVER MY NIGHTSTAND 2 MONTHS AND THEY keep calling saying have to wait again and again, so I go into store in Carmel IN and they were very rude! Said I had to wait for my refund because I didn't have the same card I used to pay for it but it is still same bank acct!!! So now waiting from corporate to refund my money. Crazy!!! This is wrong to do to customers. Bad business.

My mom and I bought items from The Room Place on Sunday 9/5/2016. I bought a bedroom set for my daughter and my mom bought chairs, fire place and sectional. Delivery came Wednesday and my mom's fire place and sectional was not delivered. We called the store. Found out the young lady never put the order in for those to it message, only the bedroom set and chairs came. So my mom and sister has to go back to the store which is a distance from us because we live in Beverly. They finally put the order in.

Next thing we notice all the pieces to my daughter's bed is not here and one of the knobsets was missing a piece to the chest. Called The Room Place again, they call the delivery people. The items are still in the truck. Items were suppose to be delivered the next day. NOPE... they call and say it will be delivered on Saturday between 12 and 3. Who has time to stay home everyday. Items suppose to be delivered same time. Finally the rest of the bed comes but didn't you think the knob is with them? You guessed right NOW. I called the store ask to speak directly to the manager. Young lady called Manager supposedly. Waited for 20 minutes. No manager came so I just hung up and called corporate.

I have been a loyal Room Place customer since we bought our house in 2011. Through the years we have bought 2 dining sets, 2 full kid bedroom sets, and an entertainment center. In the middle of June we purchase a new sofa and loveseat set for the family room. We were quote for a delivery in middle of July (I can't remember the exact date). They call and push back the delivery to August 23. I called the local Castleton store and asked why it is delayed. The girl told me that the set I bought was very popular and they didn't have enough on hand. I told her if I didn't get the delivery on August 23 that I will go in and cancel the sale. She guaranteed me that it will be delivered on that date.

Fast forward to August 21. I get a text from their corporate office stating that my set will be delayed until September 12. I called the Room Place in Castleton and talk with one of their manager. The lady told that the corporate office delayed the delivery and it has nothing to do with the Castleton location. At this time, my blood pressure was about to explode. How can any manager just dump the blame on their corporate office? Any customer service person should know that a consumer don't care whose fault it is. I don't care if it is the manufacturer's fault, corporate's fault, the dispatcher's fault, or the delivery guy's fault. All I know is that I bought it from the Room Place. A manager that speaks like that should not be a manager. Their purpose is to find out about the issue, how to best handle the issue, and to diffuse the situation.

I called the corporate office the next day and told them the story. I told them I am very frustrated about the whole transaction. I also put in an official complain (I doubt she even wrote it down or turned it in). She told me the best she can do is have it delivered by 8/31. I told her if I don't get my furniture on the date I am canceling the transaction. On 8/31 I took the day off to receive my furniture. I was quoted between 4 pm-7 pm. At 4:30 pm the dispatcher calls and let me know that the delivery guys are 30 minutes behind schedule. I said, "fine" and figure I would get a call around 7 pm. At 7:30 pm I didn't receive any word or updates on my delivery, so I called the dispatcher and she didn't pick up. At that time I decided to call corporate office and they told me they would contact the dispatcher.

15 minutes later the dispatcher called and told me that they have a new driver and that they were behind and guarantee me that they would deliver the furniture. I get a call at 10:30 pm from the delivery driver stating they are on their way. I told him that he was crazy. I get up at 5:30 am to go to work and not waiting for them to get to my house and deliver the furniture. What kind of company puts that much inconvenience on their customers? Who in their right mind would accept furniture at 11 pm? I have never dealt with a company that lacks that much communication within their organization. You would think that if I put in an official complain that they would mark it and communicate that to the dispatcher and delivery guys. I guess not.

I called their corporate office the next day and spoke to another lady. I told her I wanted to put in another complaint and told her the whole story. She told sorry and she can offer to take off the delivery fee. I asked her to give me a reason to why I should stay a loyal customer. She didn't have an answer, but stated that they are working to improve their customer service. She offered to have her manager call me. I said, "fine". I work until 4 pm and can take calls after that time. Guess what, no one called. It's unfortunate that a company stops listening or caring about their consumers and loyal customers. The next time someone ask me about The Room Place, I would tell them to check the Google reviews for The Room Place at Castleton, which is 1.7 stars. Voices will be heard and I can guarantee that I will go onto every site I can to tell my story.

I am writing this review since I am very shocked at the amount of bad reviews this place has received - I think some people are overly critical and will jump at the first opportunity to point out a flaw in someone/something. I first purchased a bedroom set from the Roomplace on Elston Ave in Chicago back in mid-2013. It was delivered by the contract company and setup by them with the exception of the mirror for the dresser, for which the mounting brackets were not included (a lot of people would have complained about this - not a big deal to me).

I contacted the Roomplace and they mailed me the correct pieces, which were easy enough to install myself with a simple drill - no big deal. I've had the furniture for 3 years, which includes the bed frame, nightstand, and a dresser which are still in tip top shape. They've been moved several times, and have withstood it quite well. YES, this isn't the highest quality furniture, but you get what you pay for, it is AFFORDABLE. The nightstands and dressers have a glass top, which I really like.

FAST FORWARD 3 years, I need additional clothing storage now. I went back to the same Roomplace in early August 2016 to purchase the chest and one more nightstand, and the salesman Humberto was very helpful and very kind. They set us up delivery for a few weeks away (per my request) and everything went smooth. A few days before the delivery, I was taking apart my bedframe to rearrange the bedroom to fit the new pieces, and the headboard fell and snapped the side rail (cheap MDF), but the headboard is heavy so there was a lot of momentum coming down. This was completely my fault, but here comes the crappy part.

I called customer service, and told them I had already placed an order that was scheduled to be delivered in 4 days, and asked them if they had these rails in stock and sold them separately (vs. buying a whole new $300 bedframe). They said they did but I would have to contact the store about buying them. Well, I call the store, and they tell me I can get them online (which I looked online for and didn't see them separately), so they tell me I either have to come into the store or contact customer service (oi). I call back customer service and the lady on the phone says she'd need her supervisor's permission to see if she could charge it over the phone ($58 for the pair of new rails, not bad at all). I give her my phone number to call me back.

Hours later, never receive a phone call, so I just ride my bike 4 miles to get to the store as I didn't have access to an auto at the time. I see Humberto, who just helped us weeks prior, and he gets everything squared away for me. The only caveat here is that delivery had to be pushed 2 days since the rails wouldn't be ready until 8/25 (delivery of the chest/nightstand was originally scheduled for 8/23), so we just shifted delivery of everything to 8/25 without a further charge for delivery, which was nice.

The day prior to delivery, I receive a call telling me to expect a 10am - 1pm delivery window. On 8/25, I get another phone call around 12 saying the delivery guys are delayed an hour. Not too bad, but OK. They show up at 1:30, which I was ecstatic about, since I did not expect them until after 2. They said someone had them take back furniture they had just delivered because the customer thought it was too big - not their fault. The delivery guys were very friendly. They assembled everything (they even helped me reassemble the bed frame) and were quite fast and quite polite. Very pleasant experience and they had everything in/out by 2 pm. To summarize, the furniture is average quality (it’s affordable), the customer service has been great, and the salesmen at the showroom have been extremely helpful. I would purchase from them again without hesitation.

I placed order for two bedroom sets. It got rescheduled 3 times, still waiting for them and it's been two months. Too quick to take the money out of account, and cannot get the stuff delivered on time keep saying it's out of stock. Why would you take money for something that is not available for customer on time. Box spring got delivered and it was wrong size. Got it rescheduled without consulting what is convenient time for me and no one shows up after that during the time frames given for delivery. Two months I am sleeping without bed because of room place. Who will pay for my back pain and time off, Room Place?

We purchased a sectional and a dining set on July 30th and it was delivered on August 6th. The sectional was delivered damaged as was the dining set. I was told that the delivery company was contracted out and I had to accept the delivery and then they would contact the store and arrange for replacement. I called the store and spoke with the office manager and told her about the issue and I asked to speak to the store manager and I was told that I had to speak with her, the office manager. The issue has yet to be resolved and I was told I would have to wait a week before replacements would be delivered. The two guys that delivered the furniture were in a hurry and didn't even fully put anything together. They left trash and paper in my front yard and in my house.

I had to point out grease or some type of dark stain on one of the white chairs. I know that they could clearly see it but they failed to mention it until I pointed it out. I am almost certain that they delivered used or returned furniture to us! The office manager told me to email pictures of the damages to the store but the email that they keep providing me with kicks back and says that the email address is invalid. I am sure that is their way of trying to ignore the issues that they have created. DO NOT BUY FROM THE CASTLETON, IN THE ROOM PLACE STORE OR YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED!!

I too have peeling furniture for over a year or 2. We thought we were purchasing full leather furniture. We have been misled. After you begin to use the furniture (sofas) and when they begin the peeling process.

Bought an Avenger power loveseat and after 6 months the one leg rest started wearing. After contacting the room place multiple times, a rep for the product company came out and looked at the damage. 3 weeks later - and still no response - so I called the room place and asked what was going on. They said the manufacturer would not cover the damage. After arguing with The Room Place about them selling EXPENSIVE furniture that they won't guarantee to last even 6 months I HIGHLY recommend you look to a company that actually cares about their customers. Side note - sister bought a different unit the same day I did and it was delivered with a warped cushion and took her multiple phone calls to get it resolved. HELL walmart treats their customers better and I won't buy from them. Guess I need to rethink that!!!

July 4th we bought a sectional and a dresser from the Castleton Room Place IN. We were told they did not have all the pieces in and we were given two options. First option was to have what they had delivered and the rest at a later date when it came in stock. The second option was to wait 2 weeks and have every thing delivered all at one time. We decided to wait and have every thing delivered at one time. Delivery was scheduled for July 16th. I was advised that we would get a phone call 30 min prior to the delivery. We never received a phone call and they only had half of the sectional. The delivery guy told my husband that we should of received a call advising us that we would not be receiving our complete order. I called the Castleton store and was told they will send a email and I will get a phone call in a while to explain what went wrong. I never received a call so when I got off work I went to store.

When got to the store, I was ignored, and they could care less that half my order was missing and did not even attempted to find out where it was or why. The only thing anyone could tell me is that they sent a email and had not heard back yet. But they did offer to have my missing order delivered on July 22nd or 23rd even though they did not know where it was. I told them that that is completely unacceptable. 3 weeks waiting on delivery is ridiculous, when I was promised it back in two weeks! It would be one thing if they respected my time and my hard earned money. But clearly they did not with the way I was being treated. Yet all they could tell me is "we sent another email and when we hear back we will call you".

That was Saturday, Sunday I called again to hear the same thing. On Monday I still had not heard a thing. That's when I called the Castleton store to be told they still didn't know anything. I called the corporate office to be on hold 1 hr to have that customer service rep to get nasty with me when I demanded a refund. She told me that I signed for half of the order and I have to pay for it even though my order was not completed. She just ended transferred me to the Castleton store so I can talk to a manager again. When I asked to speak with a manager I was told they all went home for the day, at 3 pm on a Monday. The customer service representative assured me that I would get a phone call back the next day. Well Tuesday came and went with still no call. That's when I reached out on The Room Place's facebook for help. That did not get me anywhere.

After reading all the other experience and people waiting absurd amounts of time to get their refunds I am afraid that I am now stuck with half a couch. Who knows if I will ever receive the rest of my couch or money back. I've spent a great amount of time on the phone trying to figure out when I will get the rest of my order. I have been told I should receive everything tomorrow and will have my delivery fee refunded. $135.00 is what my time, trouble and amount of stress this has caused my family is worth to The Room Place. The disrespect, the intentionally being ignored, the excessive waste of my time.

Lack to communicate with customers (me). Had scheduled delivery 2 different occasions. Instead of calling, they just didn't show up. Wasted my time sitting around waiting. Kitchen chairs fell apart approx. a week after first delivery. Called Customer service to wait on hold for 57 minutes after system said 14 minute wait only to be hung up on. Very unprofessional way to handle business.

Ordered a sectional 6/5/2016. Was supposed to be delivered 6/24/2016. Received a call on 6/22, they couldn't make the delivery on 'til Saturday (25th). Would that be ok. I said sure. Thursday the 24th get another call, they cannot deliver it until probably after the July 4th holiday, they don't know why. June 27th get a call because they were going to try to deliver (Fri 1st or Sat 2nd) but now they cannot deliver it until after July 14th. I phoned back and said, please to just cancel the order because they finally admitted they cannot tell me for sure when it will be out for delivery some sort of vendor issue. They were understanding about the cancellation. They told me 3-5 business days. I cancelled the order 6/27 or it was 6/28. It is 7/6 I still have not seen my refund!

I just now called the Bloomingdale, IL store and the office girl said the request for my cancel and to refund my money is still sitting there!! No one did anything, no one forwarded to their accounting department. I worked with Salesman John **. I truly liked the sectional, and am having a difficult time finding another I like equally well. I was going to go back in, bite the bullet and just repurchase it IF they could just level with me on the delivery time. NO WAY am I now. I have been sitting here waiting for my refund so I can go back in to repurchase it and they haven't even forwarded my cancellation on to accounting! I am so livid. That's over $1400. I am out!!!

I purchased a bedroom set at the end of Dec. 2014. I have had nothing but problems since it was delivered. I am glad I have the warranty with Guardian they are a good company. The warranty only covers the wood. I am stuck with a chest that has 3 drawers where the bottom is falling out. I called The Room Place and they suggested a company that could repair it. I would have to pay out of pocket. I don't have money for repairs. I am on disability. This will be my last purchase from The Room Place. All that money gone down the drain. The rep I talked to said there was nothing they could do. No concern whatsoever.

I ordered a whole bedroom suit plus mattress about a month ago. The bedroom suit is not going to be delivered until 21 July which I was ok with. The mattress and a frame was supposed to be delivered 21 June. The frame got delivered but no mattress. I had them take my old mattress because I thought I was getting a new one. I called The Room Place and the representative on the phone told me he would check and call me back which he never did. They ended up bringing my mattress back. I called back and they told me that they had a problem with the manufacturer and I was not going to get my mattress until 8 July. She told me someone was supposed to call me and tell me and they never did. I emailed corporate twice and still have not received a response back. I will never buy anything from there again.

I am beyond frustrated with The Room Place. I purchased a mattress and boxspring set to be delivered. The original delivery date was 6/14. They showed up to the house with a mattress and no boxspring set. I was upset but I called the customer service department only to be told they were on backorder and would be in on 6/17 and delivered on the next day Saturday the 18th. Saturday I got a call say the delivery would be late only to get a call back later to tell me that they didn't have the paperwork for the delivery so they couldn't bring the boxsprings. I spoke to a customer service rep who said I was an add on and the paperwork didn't get printed so they couldn't deliver the set. The rep said she would try to get the delivery out and call me back. No call Saturday, no call Sunday.

I call the store on Monday only to get a person in the office name Andrea who said they had a delivery date as 6/20, which was Monday. No one told me this but it didn't matter because they didn't try to deliver the set anyway. She told me that she would send a message to customer service to see what can be done and she would call me back. No callback Monday. I called Tuesday, talked to Andrea she said she sent an email and didn't get a response and she could forward it to her supervisor. Call the customer service to see if they received anything...

Got the runaround, transferred 3 times only for this lady at corporate to tell me that they were suppose to be delivered on 6/18 and asked me if they didn't get delivered. This sent me into an outrage. The lady then tells me that she can set me up for delivery on Saturday 25th, she can't tell me what time they will call me the day before which is the same story I got the week before. Asked Stephanie what her supervisor name and she tell me Stephanie which I think is a total lie and since I really could understand her I couldn't catch her name. I will never purchase another item from The Room Place, when my credit card balance is paid off the card will be burned.

I Leslie purchase a red leather sectional couch from The Room Place last year in mid February. Very beginning of March I fell in love with it. I had to have it so I went to The Room Place to check it out. It sat right - felt so good. I purchased it. Had it delivered the first day. They delivered it to my home. They scratched the back of the leather. I called and told them and they told me if I didn't have a warranty it wasn't nothing they could do for me at the moment. I was pissed. I said ok.

After calling for five days in a row and getting nowhere I gave up and left it alone then maybe like 8 to 9 months goes pass I noticed little peelings here and there and I start noticing the leather was cracking on the seat parts. I was furious. As I'm watching the news the other day I see the complaints was being discussed and people were telling their stories. I was like I was just saying the same thing. I thought it was just me thinking they sold me something bogus but it was clear it wasn't just me.

I want my money back or some new furniture. I'm not asking for much but I work hard for something I wanted and the Room Place took advantage of me as well as others and they need to be stopped and put out of business if that's how they are going to do business. I'm so pissed. I've turned my couches around backwards cause I don't want nobody sitting on them making it worse. Not to mention how loose the back part of my couches are - if they are not sitting up against the wall the wood frame would break. I'm so pissed. I'm ready to get rid of them but I can't afford to buy new furniture a year later smh - that's what you call highway robbery for real. They make it look good but it's all a fraud. Just sad - I need help!!!

We purchased a leather sofa and loveseat combination. Upon delivery, the loveseat had a rip in the leather. This item was replaced. Within a few days after the new piece was delivered a bracket in the back began to extrude to the point the leather is ready to tear. We notified the store in person. They asked if we had pictures, which we did. We waited while they submitted the problem report and were told we would hear from someone within a few days. When we didn't hear anything after a few weeks we called and were told they would check on it again and were assured once again that we would hear from someone. To this day, we have never heard from anyone.

I see enough bad pub for places. I just think that too many folks who have a good experience are content and don't think to send the positive. Wanted to make sure, whether or not it's the norm. The Room Place from Vernon Hills, IL, and the delivery company Fella's, received due kudos for a great experience. We purchased the heaviest bedroom set possible (-1), that had to go up a multi-directional stair case, and a breakfast nook table and chairs. I talked with the delivery schedule person, scheduled a delivery day, within two business days of my call, and their guys called ahead to let us know they would be at the house within the hour. They were, as promised. They were efficient, polite, and did a great job. No bumps on walls. Everything assembled and solid, as we saw it in the store. I hope more folks with good experiences take a minute to say thanks. Much appreciated, to all involved!

I purchased my leather sectional sofa with ottoman from The RoomPlace on Cicero Ave. I loved my sectional sofa so much, I purchased the protection plan. Soon enough by one year end, I called to complain to make a claim also with the Guardian. So many deterrents. No one to help. I was sold a sectional sofa with ottoman that might as well be so defective. I will never buy anything from The RoomPlace again.

THIRD TIME SUBMITTED - YOU HAVE YET TO RESPOND! All of this since your last service visit and ridiculous customer service response by phone that followed. I want a call from management! I have had your repair service out here on two occasions. They have fixed and re-stretched loose covers, "popping" cardboard in the side arms of the couch, re-pulled material on the sides of the loveseat to get them to resemble each other instead of one seam being well above the cushion. I had a new cushion sent because the one that came with had all of the thread falling out in back, and the cushion that showed up to replace it is a different color tone. It also helps to demonstrate just how much the other cushion next to it has collapsed, as it is now loose clothed and not springing back. The serviceman has now ordered two more cushions to replace them both, with the same color.

Even more frustrating than this is the fact that the left side of the couch and its springs are now starting to lean into the arm - it is a pronounced lean into the arm. In the serviceman's words "This is natural wear that they will not warranty, and I know that doesn't make you feel any better with the couch only being 6 months old." Doesn't make me feel any better? It infuriates me! I spent good money on this couch. If you are telling me this couch is not warranted to keep me from leaning at a 45 degree angle when I sit on it at the 6 month life of its lifespan, then you are selling poor designed and constructed furniture, and I want it removed from my home. IF you are not going to stand behind your furniture, I will pursue getting my money back.

I am simply asking for you people to replace this couch at this point, but if need be, I will look to have the whole set removed from my house. The chair squeaks like an old Chevy when you sit back in it. I am told, "mechanically the chair is ok, nothing you can do about that" - again, wonderful support, but hell I'll live with that. They will not actually back what they sell. Buy anywhere but here!

I bought several bedroom set and mattresses from these guys 1.5 years ago. The most expensive mattress was a Simmons for the master bedroom. This mattress completely sinks in at night, leaving a huge dent, yet they claim that everything is fine. I will use a lawyer now and address the quality and back pain problems.

If anyone has option to buy from different store just do it!!! First I purchased bedroom set with delivery for saturday, but suddenly I was told they don't have availability for Saturday so I had to reschedule for the saturday after that. When it was delivered part of it was damaged so I had to schedule another delivery for the damaged parts. Second delivery was during week and I took time off of work to be at home for this delivery and I was in a hurry to get home in time (they call 30 min in advance) and I got speeding ticket!!! I tried to call them 5-6 times and they didn't pick up the phone. After my 6th try to call them they picked up the phone and they said "We are 5 min away" so they came 1 hr after they called me.

The driver simply said they called the wrong customer or they went to the wrong address. So I had to lose 1 hour and 35 min to wait for them considering I got speeding ticket to get home in time!!! So as you can imagine I was furious! Even though I never complain and don't want to get anyone in trouble, I called customer service and I wanted to talk to a manager and I was told he'll give me call back at 11:30 am and I waited until 6:30 pm and no one called me. Then I called again and finally I was able to speak to a manager (if she was a real manager) and she apologized and gave me just $25 gift card for the room place!!! How am I supposed to deal with these people any longer!!! So disappointed and I really hope I never have to do business with them!!!

Bought a couch at The Room Place and had a defect after a year. I bought the extended warranty. Called to have it repaired. They told me it was not covered. Bought the best of the three warranties... and still no coverage. By the way the problem was the motor stopped working in the recliner and a defect in the leather. The Room Place does not stick behind their product nor does Guardian Protection plan who I bought the warranty through. I will never shop at The Room Place again. I will also let every person I know about the terrible service I receive from The Room Place and Guardian warranty services.

AVOID THE ROOM PLACE. We purchased thousands of $$ of furniture from the Room Place in Merrillville, IN. The problems started right from the date of delivery. We had to return an end table, an ottoman, 5 dining room chairs, and we have had the dining room table replaced 5 times. On one occasion, we received a replacement table and the leaves did not fit. I called the Room Place and they scheduled a replacement for a week later. The delivery driver arrives a week later, walks into my house, inspects the table and says, "Yep the leaves don't fit". I asked if he has the replacement leaves and he said I had to call customer service to order them. I asked him why he came to my house and he said to inspect the leaves yet he didn't bring replacements.

Additionally, we still have not received the pillows we ordered for the couch; going on 8 weeks since the order. We have talked to the Room Place representatives including managers and general managers on numerous occasions. At least 3 times a rep said he/she would investigate the issues and return my call. I have yet to receive a return call from any of them. I have always had to call them and each time they do not recall the issues. I strongly suggest against purchasing from the Room Place. My experience was poor and my opinion is that the Room Place has no interest in customer service beyond making the sale.

Horrible service period!!! When you come in everybody is smiling after you buy and come in to complain nobody wants to see you, they take hours trying to figure out a solution. I bought a dining set and a sectional leather living room that was not cheap we are talking about more than $5,000. First of all when they came to deliver it one of the guys made a 6 inch cut on the loveseat so I had to call customer service to have it replace. Not only that in the contract it says that we have 7 days to exchange or return an item so I went back to the store and asked to change the wedge for a single sofa. I spoke to the manager to ask if they can deliver it at the same time that they would be delivering the new loveseat that they had to replace. Well he said no he made me pay again delivery.

Also the financial company they work with called me screaming and telling me I had provided the wrong address. I told them to call Harlem and they told me they had nothing to do with it that they had gotten paid and that it was my responsibility to give them my correct address. Not only that the person I talk to said I was a horrible customer to talk to. Very disappointed now am sure not to ever buy at Harlem again.

Ordered a new couch and chaise. 1 week later, the chaise cushion has a long wrinkle running down it. It appears like the foam was not stuffed to align with the seams of the fabric. Have been waiting for 6 weeks now since they are saying their vendor is overseas. Customer Service at various locations are horrible. You are on hold for over 10-15 minutes and cannot get a straight answer.

The Room Place Company Profile