1.18/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Lombard, IL

Looking for a good furniture store?

149 The Room Place Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Purchased bunk bed for 2 of my grandsons and 4 yr fell thru top after delivery due to lack of info regarding board needed under mattress. Sales rep said since we didn't purchase mattress they didn't tell us. No info from delivery also. BAD experience from both Sales and Delivery.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I purchased a dining room set on 7/9/2019 prior to purchasing the set I asked if they had a good quantity in stock just in case anything is damaged. They assured they had many in inventory. When I received the furniture I noticed the tabletop had manufacturer assembly defect. I contacted them a few days later text in pictures and scheduled a replacement delivery.

Sad to say they brought over a previously returned tabletop with worse damages and scratches. I was able to see them from my front step before they unloaded the table. I declined the delivery pointed out the damages. They guaranteed me a new table one week later. I get the same table delivered one week later and the touch up paint and repair looked like the individual was color blind and had overspray and only cover up half the scratches. There are consumer law that you cannot sell used items as new but that does not seem to apply to them. Upon further research they do not have any inventory of this design table. Bad for business. Need to up my game for all this nonsense.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I bought a new living room and dining room set on May 2, 2019. Everything except the coffee table were delivered on time with no problems. Was told at time of order the coffee table was on backorder but I should have it in a week or two. Two weeks later I get a call that it's still on backorder, I'm frustrated but what can you do. I'm given a date a few weeks out. Lo and behold I get another call. STILL on backorder. I ask what my options are, I can go in and pick out another table, or even take a floor model. I decide to wait it out. It matches the end table that's been in my living room almost 2 months.

FINALLY a delivery date, July 12. They don't tell me I can request a time frame. They will be here on Friday night between 5 and 8 pm. So yep I reschedule. Today July 19th is the big day, getting my new table. I vacuum. Get a vase of flowers all ready and they deliver a broken table. But don't worry I'll have another one next week. Sure I will. I call customer services, they offer me a $50 gift card to buy more things from them. I politely decline, don't want to wait another 3 months for a purchase. With SO many other options now, if this is now the way they are doing business, they will not be doing it with me any longer. Today they lost a long time loyal customer.

Original review: July 19, 2019

Please don’t waste your money on spending a lot on a mattress. We barely had 4 years with our mattress and it has a split in the middle. The warranty want a clean mattress as if people do not use it. It’s upsetting because it not even 10 years yet.

Original review: June 18, 2019

We bought several pieces of furniture last year from The Room Place and applied for the credit. We bought new furniture for new house while still living in old house. The first statement was sent to the old house and therefore we were late with first payment. Took couple of days to settle with bank and start paying bills. We are done now. However, bank charged us late fee. Called to the bank only to find out that they do not waive late fees and was transferred to the corporate office of Room Place.

I spoke with Maria, who refused to provide her last name, and been told that they have nothing to do with financial aspect of this issue. Even after she looked at our account and saw $$ we spent, still she refused to help me with situation. Never again I will shop at the place that does not care of how much business they get from the customers and not even willing to provide her full name. Plenty of other places that have better quality furniture. Very disappointed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Room Place?

Original review: May 12, 2019

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM ROOM PLACE. Thin cushion on top of recliner frame. I AM IN SO MUCH PAIN! CANNOT MOVE. EVERYTHING HURTS! 4 to 8 weeks this to recover. TAILBONE PAIN WTYKW! Called headquarters: Sold "as is" go away. Only ASKED IF THEY HAD CUSHION? Manager, said, "We are distributors. Go away. We got your money." Told them if they close this name and open under another name Still a Class-Action is coming. HORRIBLE!

Original review: May 2, 2019

I met this sales guy (fat guy with poor English skills) in Schaumburg, IL outlet on Golf road who doesn't know how to deal with customers. We went there once before, looked at all the available models and came back as we could not decide on which one to buy. When we went there for the second time, we got humiliated by this guy saying that he has a strong feeling we won't buy anything. In fact, we were very serious about buying the dining room table but really got demotivated with his behavior. Hope the company keep an eye on salespeople like him and reduce customer embarrassment. He gave us the quote and offered a reasonable discount but came up with this weird logic that we won't buy anything when my wife and I were discussing about the model we liked and asked him about the possibility of any further discount.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I was looking to furnish my apt and chose to shop with The Room Place despite all the negative reviews. I’m extremely happy with my purchase. Spent a little more than I wanted and I did feel like the sales lady was kinda rushing me but my furniture was delivered in time and the delivery men really had a struggle getting my furniture up the backstairs of my apt but they did it as quickly as they could and without complaining. I give 4.5 stars.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Buyer beware. Bought matrix couch and love seat just over 4 years ago had to have repaired twice for mechanical problems and had to rebuy warranty. Warranty is a joke. Hardly covers anything. In November both pieces started to crack all over not covered room. Place does not back up product. I have no little kids or pets. Waited till all were gone to finally get something. With all the bells and whistles bought cheap furniture. For over 50 years gave away in still good shape. So disappointed. Seats sunk in told normal wear. What's normal wear? It's just me and my husband and I don't even sit on it. Was so excited when we first purchased. Now embarrassed. Please do not buy from them.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I purchase a living room set with the warranty and I have an issue and bringing tons of excuses to not cover it. They told me, "You need to find your salesman." If you purchase anything from this company make sure you have a warranty that your salesman works there forever, funny right. My recommendation - not going near this company.

The Room Place Company Information