2. Homeowners

Lombard, IL

1.2/5 (162 ratings)

About The Room Place

The Room Place Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Room Place?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Room Place?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

I’d run away from any couches or furniture from this place. I spent over 3 grand on a leather sectional and have had nothing but problems... good thing I purchased the warranty right? Wrong! Won’t do anything for me. Some third party guardian warranty, such a crock. The springs break on the sofa, electrical is faulty, and the couch peels like you had a sunburn. Won’t give me a callback, won’t do anything for me. FYI peeling is not covered in the warranty. Hmmmm guess they knew that was coming. So now I resort to leather pain and sealant. You want to throw money down the drain be my guest. This place is terrible, idk how they can still operate. Thanks for stealing my money.

Original review: July 5, 2021

I spent over $6000, I was moving to Florida And I they had a good deal 0% for 4yrs. Got everything but 3 items, 4 recliners 1 didn't work, 2 weeks got bed rails. They were used. They blamed me because I didn't open the box and checked them. They do not stand behind their products. The only good about this whole nightmare they had 2 young ladies did their best to rectify this mess and were stop by their management. CHOOSE wisely. All deals aren't good deals.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 25, 2021

Went to store to purchase sectional. Told salesman I would like 90 days same as cash. Salesman guided me to American First Finance for 90 days same as cash as they didn't offer that in store. He said no worry about the 156.72% interest just pay it off in 90 days and there wont be any interest. The company automatically defaults to an 18 month payment. Plan. 4 people including the manager told me to just call the company and ask for the 90 days same as cash. I called and they DONT HAVE 90 DAY PLANS. In process now of cancelling this contract.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

I purchased my furniture at The Room Place at the Castleton location. I have not been satisfied with this furniture at all. I noticed that the quality of the furniture was not going to hold up because of early signs of cracking. I immediately contacted the store manager, I explained to him that the furniture was cracking and felt as though you sunk in on a certain side once you sat on it. He told me to contact Guardian which was the warranty company that I purchased when I purchased the sectional. Guardian gave me the runaround on several of my calls with them. I refused to give up, so I began to email them too. They finally sent out a repair company to assess the furniture.

He observed the furniture and said the only way he could do the repairs would be that they need to send the slipcovers to do the repairs. He also looked at the frame to see why it sunk in on one side of the seat. He said that he would need to replace the cushions. He said that he will send the information to the Guardian and they will contact me. They contacted me, stating that my warranty doesn't cover cracking. I feel like they weren't trying to assist me in any way. I stayed in contact with them trying to get a reasonable solution. They were not trying to help resolve this issue. The only resolution for me was to offer me a $200 credit to use in the store.

At this point, I'm not trying to purchase more furniture especially since I'm not happy with the furniture I have. I showed pictures to the customer service representative in the Castleton store and she couldn't believe how bad it was. She insisted that I contact the home office. I have contacted the home office and the finance company. too. I still owe money on this sectional. I feel I need to be compensated in some kind of way for this sectional. I know that things happen but this should not be happening. I don't have small children that are adding extra wear and tear on the furniture. I went into the store a month ago and was advised by the new manager that they no longer carry this sectional. I thought to myself, I wonder why. She asked me did I contact Guardian, I told her that I did but they did not want to cover the cracking. I'm very disappointed with this situation.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I ordered 4 recliners with a promised date for pick up! I’m now told it will be a later date. This is poor customer service and poor business practices. I have read where lots of others have had the same problem. Don’t make promises you don’t intend to keep, better yet folks... shop elsewhere!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

We recently moved and ordered a full sleeper sofa set, full dining set, and side tables with ottoman in august. We accepted the delivery date of early September. It is now November 1st. We were scheduled for delivery 11/21 and I've just been informed that this date has been rescheduled for 12/10? Meanwhile we're eating dinner and watching tv on our floor for 3 months. At this rate I could have bought wood and hammered my own furniture. This is ridiculous!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

We purchase 3 rooms of furniture 6 years ago. The most expensive was a red leather set that reclined. Honestly we didn't start sitting on the furniture till last year and the leather started to peel every day we sat on it. This is $4,000 leather furniture, well we thought it was leather, a two piece set. The shorter couch in which hasn't had too much action still looks brand new because no one sits on it due to its position, looks perfect. But the longest piece that faces the television looks like we've had it 20 years rather than 6. Keep on mind, you think you are getting genuine leather furniture, but it's misleading leather material that clearly fools you until you actually start sitting on the furniture and the material starts to fade.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

I DO NOT RECOMMEND The Room Place at all!! I purchased a sectional & a bed mid-June and was given a date for delivery date of early July... First off - NO ONE FROM THE ROOM Place ever reached out to communicate at all, I purchased the items online. The date then went from early July to mid-July to the end of July, then early August to late August then Late September... AFTER ME CONSTANTLY REACHING OUT THEM, MIND YOU NO ONE THERE CALL TO TELL ME ANYTHING! Last call was 8/28. And was told the items would be in late November. I have had ENOUGH Of this and requested a refund! I spoke w/ several employees which were all lacking professionalism one was she claimed a Manager on 8/27. She was the most simplest individual imaginable! She only could tell me she has to email the department who issues refunds. I asked for that department number & was told they don't take...???

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

Staff not hygienic especially during this pandemic. They refuse to put on face masks. They would walk in the house with their dirty shoes on unless you say something. Purchased table and chairs staff made a cut on one of the chairs with a cardboard cutter. Also the table base one side didn’t match the other looked like two different tables put tougher. Chair screws kept falling bc the staff didn’t even bother doing their job. Called customer service just to hear them argue and yell at me not professional at all.

Resolution response: July 17, 2020

Just want to give update. The Room Place delivery staff came back and changed the wrong furniture as promised without any further problems. I am glad that this was resolved.

Original review: July 2, 2020

We went all the way to Lombard which was farther from where we live in this inconvenient time of “Covid-19” phenomenon, just so we can have a look on the furniture we like from their online advertisement. We finally bought it since we were told we will be able to get it on July 28th, so it is more than a month expected delivery from the time we bought it on June 17th. June 29th, we went to their store in Touhy to have a price match since the furniture was on sale, it wasn’t a problem and we were pleased that they had the integrity to honor that. The next day my husband was surprised to see the receipt, because the furniture delivery date was moved to August 19th, we didn’t expect that when the customer rep. did confirm to us the day before that there wasn’t any changes as to the delivery date.

My husband called them and tried to make inquiries, and sure enough, they did change the delivery date without even informing us or giving us options as to how we are going to receive the changes. Nada. They told us, that the furniture we like still won’t be available by July 28th. We were upset because they should at least took the time to ask for our feedback, but they didn’t. Not until we called them back and expressed our dissatisfaction. So, they gave us option to have a different color furniture, which was available they said and will be ready to be delivered this week, we agreed and set the date for delivery today, Thursday.

When the delivery guys came, the furniture was not even the right one! They left the wrong furniture so we can have something to sit (which was just, otherwise, we are left with nothing to sit on). This time, we are told that they will deliver the right furniture on Monday. I wasn’t happy with this experience at all. I just hope that they will have a better system than this. We will see if this problem will be resolved well on Monday without any “Oops!” Will give update!

The Room Place Company Information