1.19/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Lombard, IL

Looking for a good furniture store?

144 The Room Place Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 12, 2019

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM ROOM PLACE. Thin cushion on top of recliner frame. I AM IN SO MUCH PAIN! CANNOT MOVE. EVERYTHING HURTS! 4 to 8 weeks this to recover. TAILBONE PAIN WTYKW! Called headquarters: Sold "as is" go away. Only ASKED IF THEY HAD CUSHION? Manager, said, "We are distributors. Go away. We got your money." Told them if they close this name and open under another name Still a Class-Action is coming. HORRIBLE!

Original review: May 2, 2019

I met this sales guy (fat guy with poor English skills) in Schaumburg, IL outlet on Golf road who doesn't know how to deal with customers. We went there once before, looked at all the available models and came back as we could not decide on which one to buy. When we went there for the second time, we got humiliated by this guy saying that he has a strong feeling we won't buy anything. In fact, we were very serious about buying the dining room table but really got demotivated with his behavior. Hope the company keep an eye on salespeople like him and reduce customer embarrassment. He gave us the quote and offered a reasonable discount but came up with this weird logic that we won't buy anything when my wife and I were discussing about the model we liked and asked him about the possibility of any further discount.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I was looking to furnish my apt and chose to shop with The Room Place despite all the negative reviews. I’m extremely happy with my purchase. Spent a little more than I wanted and I did feel like the sales lady was kinda rushing me but my furniture was delivered in time and the delivery men really had a struggle getting my furniture up the backstairs of my apt but they did it as quickly as they could and without complaining. I give 4.5 stars.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Buyer beware. Bought matrix couch and love seat just over 4 years ago had to have repaired twice for mechanical problems and had to rebuy warranty. Warranty is a joke. Hardly covers anything. In November both pieces started to crack all over not covered room. Place does not back up product. I have no little kids or pets. Waited till all were gone to finally get something. With all the bells and whistles bought cheap furniture. For over 50 years gave away in still good shape. So disappointed. Seats sunk in told normal wear. What's normal wear? It's just me and my husband and I don't even sit on it. Was so excited when we first purchased. Now embarrassed. Please do not buy from them.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I purchase a living room set with the warranty and I have an issue and bringing tons of excuses to not cover it. They told me, "You need to find your salesman." If you purchase anything from this company make sure you have a warranty that your salesman works there forever, funny right. My recommendation - not going near this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Room Place?

Original review: March 4, 2019

First let me state I purchased a pit group in 2016 with the extended warranty. By 2018 the coloring was washed out and the some seams were busted. No coverage for these problems under warranty. WTF!!! Stay away. Wish I could give zero stars.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I purchased a loveseat and chair from The Room Place in Lake in the Hills Nov. 27, 2017. One year, 2 months later, one side of the loveseat is coming apart behind the top pillow, but it's at the seams so the extra warranty I bought doesn't apply. And because it's beyond a year, the basic warranty doesn't apply, so I'm out of luck. The chair I bought is also having seam problems. For what I paid for these items, I consider the workmanship very poor. I will never buy from Room Place again. And will never recommend them again.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I purchase furniture from The Room Place. Literally 4 days later my furniture collapsed. I inform The Room Place they did not wanna take the furniture back. They argued me back-and-forth if they can replace it and I told them I didn't wanna purchase anything else from them, when I purchase my furniture I had just purchased my newly remodeled home. However I didn't move into a week later. When I did, I notice that my hardwood floors were damaged. I immediately contacted The Room Place because that's the only furniture I had delivered to my home. They told me because I didn't report it within 48 to 72 hours that it was nothing they could do.

I was a little confused because they were aware that they did this because they actually had pictures of my floor. They also Damaged my new stainless steel refrigerator and had pictures of that as well. Their only concern is money. They don't care about the furniture if it's in good standing it is durable. I absolutely hate The Room Place. I would not recommend it and I will bash them until I receive some type of compensation a letter of apology something.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I ordered a living room set from The Room Place... When delivered, the wing of one sofas was missing. The delivery person said the missing piece would be delivered the next day. After not receiving, I called to inquire when the piece would be delivered. I was told I had to send pictures before they would deliver the piece. 1st of all, the mistake was theirs & they told me the delivery driver had already informed them the piece was missing (so why I gotta send pictures?). Anyway, I sent the picture & they said they would send the piece out.

When that piece was delivered with was the wrong color. I contacted them again, the CSR said they would send the correct color out & send someone to pick-up the other piece. I get a call the next day from The Room Place (while I’m at work) saying they won't send the right piece because they don't have picture of the wrong piece. As I said I was at work. I can't get a picture. I am absolutely furious... You would think they would have the decency to correct their mistake without making demands from their customer. Customer service I’ve ever experienced and I will never make another purchase from The Room Place again!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

My wife and I went into your Rockford Store this past weekend with the intent of buying at least one room of furniture possibly more. We knew we wanted a bedroom set that you had on the sales floor, and since we just purchased a new home were also in the market for a dining room set, a dinette set, and some occasional furniture for our living room. I can state hands down I have never had a worse experience trying to buy a piece of furniture than I did with your company.

I had gone in originally to look at some of the pieces we had seen in an ad on my way home from work in the late afternoon on 12/31. I recognize this is New Year's Eve, and people had other things on their mind, but while there were a number of what appeared to be employees sitting on your furniture, none seemed willing to make themselves available to answer any questions. Again I did not have a lot of time that day, and I attributed it to the holiday. We came back this past Sunday January 6th. We were greeted at the door by a sales person named "Jimmy", we said we would contact him when we had a question. We looked at 2 bedroom sets that we liked, and decided on one. Your floor pricing was for a queen with 1 nightstand. I asked for the price of the same set with two nightstands, and a King sized bed. "Jimmy" said he would have to go to his computer and figure the pricing.

After a very lengthy time (in excess of 10-15 minutes), he finally came back with a price that he wouldn't itemize out, but that included everything we needed including "wood protection". I wanted the price on the bedroom set first, before we did all the add on's. "Jimmy" was unable to provide this. We decided to look at a dining room set, hoping that the pricing here would be a bit more transparent. While we were walking over to them, "Jimmy" came back and introduced us to a second gentleman who was supposedly his Manager. I can't tell you his name because he did not introduce himself. The individual was going to quote "look at the pricing", and "See what he could do". Really, car dealerships stopped this silliness years ago. We said fine, let us know what you can do. We then looked at dining room sets, dinette sets, living room furniture, and still no answer from the supposed Manager.

Finally after almost 30 minutes, I found the gentleman on the sales floor and asked him if he had the price for us. He replied with "Oh I thought you might want to add more items to this, so no I have not looked at it yet". He then left to answer the question we had made over half an hour ago. Another 10 minutes went by and no reappearance of the "Manager". I finally told "Jimmy", we were done. I felt we had done more than enough to get an answer to the question. "What would this bedroom set cost us".

I can say in complete honesty, I would never recommend your company to anyone who might be shopping for furniture. The experience was at best incompetent, and at worst rather sleazy. (Here is our price, oh don't like that price, let me get my manager and see what he can do). Please, for the next poor uninformed person who enters your store, drop the car dealership sales practices, be fair with your customers, and please hire people who will answer a simple question with a timely answer.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I purchased a sofa and chair in April of 18. From the start, when anyone sat on the sofa it made a terrible sound as if it was ready to collapse. I had a technician come out and he put screws in the wood underneath to "reinforce it". He said if it continues it would need replaced. Well it got worse. They sent another technician out in December who said he would have to come back and put two more feet in the middle and more wood underneath since it looked to him to be missing from the factory, and will likely collapse over time. I received a call from The Room Place a week later saying they were not doing that or anything more and will not replace the sofa either. There has been no overweight people sitting on this sofa, myself weighing only 185 lbs. It's an embarrassment when having company over. I tell everyone who sits on it where it came from and to never buy anything from The Room Place.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

We bought a nice vinyl fully electric couch and loveseat. The first loveseat was incorrect from what we ordered so we refused it. The second one arrived, appeared to be correct (2 pieces snapped together fully electric). Delivery guys seemed to be distracting us and I know why! One side is darker and smooth and does NOT match the other side of the couch! Immediately called the store manager and they refused to have the delivery guys come back. Said we had to turn in a claim with pictures. We did... They called and denied it as it wasn't a defect in their opinion! Customer service person who 'goes by Camille' wouldn't give her last name or provide the refusal in print. We have turned this over to the Attorney General's Office.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Hello, The reason I am reaching out to you is regarding a complaint I have about The Room Place. While Googling to see if anyone else has stories like ours I stumbled about your NBC 5 Responds story regarding peeling furniture. My husband and I bought our first home in Elmhurst, IL in July of 2016. We were moving in in August so we got right to furniture shopping. Before we closed on our home we had shopped around different furniture stores to see what was out there since this was the first time either of us were furnishing a house. While we were at The Room Place we had picked out our living room set. We had spoken with a store associate and we were never led on to the fact that we weren’t buying anything that was not real leather. We did not want to make the purchase just yet since the 4th of July weekend was upon us and we assumed there would be better deals then.

We placed our order of our Power Reclining sofa, loveseat and recliner along with 4 piece bedroom set. Our “leather” living room furniture came out to $4,000 and that is after the sale price. We spent a total of $5000 counting the bedroom set. We also purchased the PREMIUM PLUS LEATHER 5 YEAR PROTECTION PLAN. Within the last year and a half we have notices orange spots, crackling, and fading on our living room furniture. The color of our furniture is burgundy to as you can imagine the orange stands out greatly. I first contacted The Room Place in September of 2018. I called customer service and she told me to email askus@theroomplace.com. So I went ahead and emailed them. They told me to email pictures of each item in its entirety which I did them too close up so they denied them and then I did them in their entirety and then denied them again because the photos were too big.

October 6th was the last time I sent photos. I hadn’t heard anything as of October 24th so I decided to email them asking what was going on and I told them I would report to the BBB or news if I wasn’t going to get an answer. 3 days later they said the process takes several weeks. I finally got a Voicemail asking to call back and that was on 11/21/18. I called back a couple days later due to the fact they called the day before Thanksgiving and we were busy with family. I was told they would have to call me back because the associate who left me the message was not in. It was basically a week of phone tag due to my busy schedule of work and currently both my husband and I going through infertility treatments.

I finally spoke to an associated last night and she told me notes were added to our file with an update that we were passed the 1 year manufacturer warranty and our “Five Year Premium Leather Plus Plan” doesn’t cover that so we will give you $200 and at first I was like OKAY… I guess that’s fine and then she asked if the credit card was still active and I didn’t want to accept the money right away so I said, “I don’t know I will have to check.” Once I thought it over $200 is nothing compared to the $4,000 dollars we spent in basically fake leather couches. $200 dollars doesn’t even cover the protection plan we paid for that apparently is worthless since it doesn’t cover peeling which is due to something that isn’t our fault.

If I would have known what this so called leather was we would have bought a fabric couch for A LOT cheaper. There is also a sharp structure underneath the corner of the couch that has poked a hole through the leather and you have to put a pillow there so it doesn’t keep poking us in our ribs. I wish I could buy a fabric couch now but I can’t get myself to by new living room furniture knowing we spent $4000 just two years ago. If there is any way you can help me and my husband it would be appreciated more than you know.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

The delivery service that you use is horrible. Just throw away the ENTIRE delivery service department. My order was scheduled to be delivered on a Tuesday between 9-1:30 pm. At 1:20 pm I received a call stating that somehow my furniture was damaged by the driver and that I needed to be rescheduled. Which it was rescheduled, for that following Thursday between the hours of 8:30-11:30 am. Again I took off work to receive my furniture.

At 10:30 am I received a call from the driver stating that he was 45 min away. By 11:20 I had not received a phone call or anything so I began to call the driver (whom English was extremely broken so communication with him and trying to understand where he was, was extremely difficult) who stated that he was outside my home which was not true. We later figured out that he was in Chicago 45 min away from my home due to a "glitch" in the system that sent him the wrong address. (Which could not have been true due to the address being correct on all of the confirmation text sent to my phone, even from first delivery attempt.) At this point I'm extremely livid because as I stated before I took off work to receive my furniture for the second time.

I began to contact the store and Ms. ** the manager of the delivery department whom apologized and stated she would refund my delivery fee and ensured that my furniture would be delivered the same day now between the hours of 4-7 pm. Again, I'm waiting. 6:45 pm no phone call from anyone. I call the driver back. I didn't get an answer. I called the store and the office manager was just as perplexed as I was. He went out of his way to try and figure out what was going on even putting a phone call in to the driver himself (which the driver stated he knew nothing about making another delivery attempt that night).

At this time I began to call the 6307838000 number. Spoke with a representative whom had to put me on hold for a while to contact the driver and figure out what was going on. She came back and stated that the driver was 45 minute away from me. Make a long story short I didn't receive my delivery until after 8 pm that night. For a company that has been in business for years and has a reputation for good quality service the level of service I experienced is unacceptable.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I purchased a bedroom and dining set from The Room Place in April. They delivered and assembled the furniture. Because the dining set was so beautiful to me, I avoided eating on it to maintain it for as long as possible. Well the one time I decide to sit at it with a friend, the damn table caved in on both of our thighs when I put my elbows on the table. My friend had to lift it off me and place it on the chair to stop the table from hitting the floor. Screws had popped out and the table top pieces separated and when I notified customer service, they sent some guys over who determined that it was unrepairable then like 2 weeks later I get a call saying the manufacturing warranty won’t cover it because “it’s not a defect in the table”. So no refund and no replacement. As if they have a brand of tables made solely to have defects.

I asked her if she was aware that The Room Place assembled it and not myself and she said, "Yeah but that’s what they said." Then she hang up on me. Basically implying I broke my own $3000 table like a lunatic. I call Guardian and they say they won’t cover it 'cause it wasn’t an accident and that the manufacture warranty should cover it since it hasn’t been a year yet. Welp they think I’m a rogue mechanic who vandalizes her own home so...

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Bought furniture in October. At that time the ottoman was not able to be delivered until December 6 (an ottoman - as if it there was only one in the country). When we purchased I was told by the girl ringing up the order to not accept any furniture if it wasn't right. So glad she told me that. Upon delivery the couch portion (of the sectional) was not even the right one. It was not the matching portion. The delivery people were insistent that they leave in the home and switch. When the correct one came in I told them I wasn't accepting. They kept pushing the issue. I actually looked at the guy and said, "I'm paying a lot of money for this furniture - would you accept this if it was you?" He smiled and said no. I wrote wrong order on the receipt. Customer service was talking to the delivery people and I made him put it on speaker as to when the correct delivery would come.

We then went back to the store at the end of October and upgraded the ottoman to the larger cocktail style. The delivery was for November 13 for the correct sofa and the new ottoman. I called a few days later to ask about delivery and she told me that I was actually scheduled for November 14 - the 13th was the arrival date for the furniture. So glad I called to confirm and that I hadn't taken off of work on the 13th. So...waited for the 12-3pm timeframe for delivery 11/14/18. At 3:30p.m. I called and was told they were on their way. They arrived at 4 pm. No apologies. The ottoman of course was the incorrect one. The tag was for the larger one, but the item was the smaller one. I did not accept.

I immediately called customer service and was told the new one would come 11/15/18. I hung up and called the store directly and asked for the manager for some compensation of $107 for the difference b/w the ottomans and the aggravation of having a third delivery. Was on hold 35 mins and told "all the managers were busy". No one ever came to the phone. I left my number. This was at 4:30 p.m. I called back at 8:30 p.m. Asked for the manager's name (Luis) and was told he was still busy.

DO NOT shop here. I called customer service and was told the earliest they could schedule delivery on November 20th. Ridiculous. This store does nothing to help the customer once the sale occurs. I was told at 4:30 p.m that my salesperson Jasmine wasn't in for the day. When I called back at 8:30 p.m. I was told she just left. When asked for Luis' last name the woman told me she didn't know it. Sure.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

On November 1 I purchased this item and had it delivered. It did not look or fit well in my living room. There is no return or exchange, nor any response from customer service online, phone, or in person. I visited my local store and the manager said that online was not something he could handle but would have customer service call me. I had already submitted a request to online customer service for information about my situation and to date have never heard back other than the auto-response when submitting the request. The store manager said that an exchange might be possible, but it appears not. I have since listed it on Craig's list and sold it. Won't make The Room Place mistake again.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I found a beautiful mirror at The Room Place. I waited for it to go on sale and then purchased it. I picked it up from their warehouse. I did inspect it at the warehouse and it looked fine. I got it home and hung it up and then realize the mirror was cracked. This mirror is like a shadowbox and the part that was cracked is in the very top of the box so it's not readily apparent. I called them immediately to let them know it was cracked and they gave me the number to customer service. Customer service said I should've noticed it at the warehouse. Once it leaves the warehouse they do not take any merchandise back. I paid $300 for this mirror and it's broken. I did not break this mirror it was broke when I picked it up. My suggestion is to stay away from this company. They do not back their products. Had I bought this at any other furniture store they would've replaced it.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

The Room Place is the worst furniture store. They delivered a sectional sofa which was not up to standards. 2 weeks after buying the sectional we called them to let them know that one side of the sectional was very soft and that you sink in when you sit down. It also made a cracking noise. They sent a technician almost 2 weeks later to check it out. He opened the sofa and checked it out and sure enough one of the wood beams was hitting against a spring, causing it to make a cracking noise every time you sit down. So he fixed the spring. Then he said that the reason the sofa sank down was that the foam on that side of the couch was softer making you sink in. He said all he had to do was order new foam.

Then I get a call from a rude customer service person stating that foam isn't covered in the manufacture's warranty and there's nothing they can do about it. Lady!!! I just spent $1600 on this sectional and you can't replace the foam!!! Never buying there again. Bad customer service. Now I have to go to the store and spend money and time to get new foam and fix the couch.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

The bed I purchased is CHEAP. Expensive price for cheap material. It has these thin wood boards on the side holding the bed up and it’s been less than a year and one has broken off. It’s just me on the queen sized bed. I’m 5”2 and weigh between 115-120 lbs. This didn’t break because of weight...

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

You're truly an embarrassment to call yourself a Reputable Furniture Establishment. Words can't describe my true state of mind at this point, realizing that I had been scammed on such disregard for a product being passed off as leather & is actually leather scraps & plastics, by selling it to myself & other consumers deceptive leather sofas & chairs. I purchased sofas for my Media room & they are now peeling. I went to your store here in Chicago (Store 002), spoke with someone at customer service & was given a number at your Customer Care Center.

I was told that since I bought the sofas 6 years ago (Sales Order **), the warranty has expired & there's nothing they can do... Are You ** Kidding Me. You're not going to REPLACE or try to compensate me for spending $1800.00 for a product that you knew was DEFECTIVE, DECEPTIVE & A SAFETY HAZARD. I've contacted the following & filed complaints with: Dept Of Consumer Affairs (FILE # **), The Better Business Bureau, Local TV (NBC & CBS) which previously did reports on your establishment for the same complaints.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I had a wonderful experience with The Room Place in Indianapolis, In. Daniel ** our rep was not pushy, he let us take our time during the selection process, very knowledgeable on all the products on the sales floor especially the mattress department. Financing was painless. Daniel walked my husband through from start to finish. Expected delivery on 9/18. The General Manager was very welcoming and checked back with Daniel to ensure the process went smooth.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

We bought a black reclining sofa from the room place that was not leather, but looks like leather in November 2017. Within 4-6 months the fabric was wearing off plus the sofa has charging ports for phone, tablets, etc... They will not fix anything, even though we purchased the 5 year warranty that was suppose to cover everything. We had one arm upholstered @ a local upholstery shop. The seating areas are just too expensive. Walk away from The Room Place. Their furniture plus their service is extremely poor. Spend your money elsewhere. Wish I could post pictures of the sofa.

Original review: July 11, 2018

We bought a Marble kitchen table and matching sideboard marble. Within 2 weeks you can't place anything on it. Marks. Stains. Everything. They claim it is our fault, for not protecting the table. Very very rude customer service. They won't even come out to look at the product. There is a one year factory warranty. They will not honor since it is our fault the table is not being protected. Never buy from here. They are horrible.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I visited The Room Place in Algonquin IL on Randall Road on 5/4/18, picked out beautiful furniture that was delivered 4 days later. The sale people I dealt with seem very inexperienced and even less experienced with the computer system. Needless to say after 4-6 hours I left Room Place with my order on the way and an American Finance contract stating finance charges would start 7/9/18 and 1st payment due starting 7/13/18. I even confirmed with The Room Place employee that the payments wouldn’t start until July and finance charges would accrue until July and the employee reiterated to me that I could pay the balance in full before July and avoid financing or finance charges. But if not payments would start in July. However AF finance company reported the account to the credit bureau 5/25/18, debited my checking account 6/1/18, 6/8/18 and 6/15/18 and every day after until today.

After talking to multiple supervisors and managers at AF they agreed to refund the payments taken incorrectly... Wrong. They agreed and then debited my account again stating the Room Place informed them I received my furniture early? I have spoken to the General Manager at Room Place and his office manager Maria and they are now ignoring the fact I have a contract in black and white stating the payment dates and even ignoring the employee who assisted me on 5/4/18 who even state to both managers that she called AF and confirmed the start date on my contract and 7/13/18 was confirmed. The Room Place does not care about customer loyalty or satisfaction. Better yet they do not even uphold their own contracts. I say enough is enough. #classactionlawsuit ~ If you have a contract with AF that has not been upheld legally we need to talk! BEWARE OF American Finance Contract FRAUD, SCAM, ROOM PLACE FRAUD.

Original review: June 5, 2018

My wife and I had a severely disappointed experience with The Room Place in Lombard. The first visit, we were assisted by the sale manager and a lady for sale department who convince us with the large purchase order of nearly $14,000 and also convinced us to purchase the 5-year warranty. They promised us that we will have a 60 month payment plan without interest on the Room Place credit card they convinced us also to apply.

Few days after and before the delivery, my wife and I purchased new order for approximately $5,000 with a different account (my wife account), the promotion for this new account was 2 years payment plan without interest. Upon delivery of these order, we realized that some furniture were missing and after a long request they promised to give us back credit for those missing furniture. Later on after we had broken chairs, we called and they never replaced or fixed.

My wife and I were paying regularly our credit card and never have late payment. When we finished to pay for my wife credit during the 2 year scheduled, the Comenity Bank increase my balance from $3,800 to $7,800 with almost $4,000 extra, pretending that the plan was 2 years instead of 60 months. The worst part is the game and the way Both The Room Place and the Bank are playing to rob the customer who we are. Because the manager from the Room Place recognized that there was a confusion and miscommunication and they promised to fix it. But never did it for real until today.

After many complaints, they made me spent again $2,000 for nothing and my balance is keep going up every month. Nobody care about our feeling and all their preoccupation is to collect money illegally from us. They are trying to mess-up my credit record because of this matter. I don't want to be in this situation anymore. I have never dealt with such a lack of appreciation for retaining happy, existing customers. It is a shame how this popular location continues to not honor their promotion plan and their warranty and will let customers walk away unhappy after spending thousands of hard-earned dollars on what is meant to be lifelong furniture.

Original review: April 9, 2018

DO NOT GET THE No Use. No Lose. Warranty. IT IS A SCAM. The store clerk told me I would be getting my money back if I do not use the services within 5 years. However you have 90 days to mail in a postcard they DID NOT give me and also you DO NOT get your money back. I looked up the warranty and you get a store credit. Now they refused to refund my money because it’s been more than 5 years and I did not mail in the post card. Even if I would have done this I wouldn’t have gotten my money back. Only store credit. SUCH A SCAM. NEVER doing business with them again. I spent well over $9,000 at this store and they can’t honor their word. DISGUSTING!! Thanks ** at 1235 E. Gold Road Schaumburg, IL.

Original review: March 24, 2018

We got a bunch of stuff. A couch and love seat and new kitchen table and 6 chairs. Also a coffee table. Got it early Feb. I noticed a few weeks later the table and a scratch on the top edge. Told the room place about it. They said take pics of it. I sent them pics. Getting nowhere. The day the people they have deliver the furniture I heard something hit our wall. The guy knocked a drill of a shelf and it put a hole in our wall. I seen it and asked him about it. He said it fell off. Bad thing he wasn't even going to say anything.

I told the room place what happened they didn't seem like it was nothing. Then today the back of the couch broke. I called them and the first thing they told me they won't cover the scratch on table. I would have to turn it into insurance. She told me don't tell them it was done during delivery. I told her so I have to lie. What a bad place. I told her if something don't get done I will contact a lawyer and I will. The leather couch is made out of cheap pine 1x4 boards. Not happy at all.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Purchased a sectional. They loaded my trailer with the two piece sectional. Wrong section was given to me. It has been a nightmare trying to get my correct piece to the sectional. Still waiting. No one really has been very helpful trying to resolve this issue. I would never recommend the room place to anyone. Stay away unless you like being stressed out.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Unbelievably ridiculous. I TRULY feel like I have been scammed out of my money by this high-end store. I bought a bed and sofa set from The Room Place in 2016. One year and a half later the bed breaks and it's nothing they can do about it and Guardian (the warranty) doesn't cover it. My leather sofa peels a year later and Guardian brings the wrong piece, and never tried to contact or call to bring the right piece. I've contacted them on numerous occasions. All I've received are long holds and broken promises to call back.

The manager for their (The Room Place) customer service department acts as though she was glad to say there's nothing she can do, and I would have to pay out of my own pockets to get my bed fixed. Not to mention it's still a piece to my bed that they never came back to place. I'm now going to BBB because I refuse to keep paying my hard earn $$$ to a place that doesn't care about the customer but just about making a penny. TO WHOEVER GETS TO READ THIS RUN!!!! DO NOT PURCHASE ANY furniture FROM HARLEM FURNITURE THE ROOM PLACE.

The Room Place Company Information