2. Homeowners

Lombard, IL

1.2/5 (164 ratings)

About The Room Place

The Room Place Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Room Place?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Room Place?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

Staff not hygienic especially during this pandemic. They refuse to put on face masks. They would walk in the house with their dirty shoes on unless you say something. Purchased table and chairs staff made a cut on one of the chairs with a cardboard cutter. Also the table base one side didn’t match the other looked like two different tables put tougher. Chair screws kept falling bc the staff didn’t even bother doing their job. Called customer service just to hear them argue and yell at me not professional at all.

Resolution response: July 17, 2020

Just want to give update. The Room Place delivery staff came back and changed the wrong furniture as promised without any further problems. I am glad that this was resolved.

Original review: July 2, 2020

We went all the way to Lombard which was farther from where we live in this inconvenient time of “Covid-19” phenomenon, just so we can have a look on the furniture we like from their online advertisement. We finally bought it since we were told we will be able to get it on July 28th, so it is more than a month expected delivery from the time we bought it on June 17th. June 29th, we went to their store in Touhy to have a price match since the furniture was on sale, it wasn’t a problem and we were pleased that they had the integrity to honor that. The next day my husband was surprised to see the receipt, because the furniture delivery date was moved to August 19th, we didn’t expect that when the customer rep. did confirm to us the day before that there wasn’t any changes as to the delivery date.

My husband called them and tried to make inquiries, and sure enough, they did change the delivery date without even informing us or giving us options as to how we are going to receive the changes. Nada. They told us, that the furniture we like still won’t be available by July 28th. We were upset because they should at least took the time to ask for our feedback, but they didn’t. Not until we called them back and expressed our dissatisfaction. So, they gave us option to have a different color furniture, which was available they said and will be ready to be delivered this week, we agreed and set the date for delivery today, Thursday.

When the delivery guys came, the furniture was not even the right one! They left the wrong furniture so we can have something to sit (which was just, otherwise, we are left with nothing to sit on). This time, we are told that they will deliver the right furniture on Monday. I wasn’t happy with this experience at all. I just hope that they will have a better system than this. We will see if this problem will be resolved well on Monday without any “Oops!” Will give update!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

The sales associate Wendy ** that assisted me was very friendly and helpful. I went in the store looking for dining room chairs and ended up buying a recliner. I will be going back to that location and purchase a new dining room set I fell on love with. Thank You Wendy... See you soon and Happy Holidays!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

We bought this white marble looking table in December of 2017. It was a beautiful white marble look with 6 chairs. We bought the warranty because the chairs were vinyl and we wanted to make sure they lasted. Within 9 months the table had yellowed terribly but only the top and the base. The middle portion that looks like an O was still white as ever. It is not exposed to the sun at all. So the company replaced the table in January of 2018. Well guess what, it was a one time only replacement and now the table is yellow again. They will not cover it even though the furniture is in excellent shape except it is YELLOW. well, some of it. I will not purchase again from the room place as they do not back their furniture!!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Don't buy furniture insurance from them. The Sales people will hide all fine details and sell you the insurance. If you try to claim, the insurance company comes up with all sorts of reasons to reject the claim. After 5 years they say you get your money back if you don't use it. Catch is you have to claim within 90 days otherwise you lose. Also it's a store credit they give, not the money back. I forgot to claim within 90 days and the customer service people is so rude and they expect you to read the fine prints. It's a total SCAM.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

They will lie about anything because they just want to sell their products. Their sales associates will lie just to sell you stuff and get a commission. I am never coming back to this store. Bad experience.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

After we purchased our home, we knew we would buy a new bedroom set. We chose a queen sized bedroom set. Approximately 2 months prior to the end of our sales contract the ledge holding the slats cracked! My husband called them and informed them of the problem and was told if he didn't purchase a warranty, there was nothing they could do. Upon examination of the wooden ledge holding the slats, we discovered the ledge on the left side was EXTREMELY flawed, and the wood was CHEAP. In other words it couldn't last long. By the way, the bed is not even a year old! DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING from The Room Place in Homewood!!!! Now we have to purchase a new bed. Poor, shoddy workmanship should not be acceptable.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

The problem with The Room Place was with the product delivery. Our first dining set was delivered on August 6 2019 and it all went downhill from that point forward. We had significant damage to our table and opted to reject the table. The table was left and a new table was to be delivered. 3 tables later (each one having more damage than the first) I requested all items from the dining set be picked up and a full refund be provided.

I was promised time after time that several individuals would examine the table prior to its delivery but each time upon delivery the table was worse than the previous. At one point the delivery men forgot their drill bag which they used to take apart the table and at 7:00am the following day (Saturday) they were ringing my doorbell to pick up the bag without even calling ahead. I was given a 3 hour window with each delivery. The first time they were nearly an hour early and one of the following times they were over an hour late without so much as a call to advise that they were still delivering. It is safe to say that I will not be a returning customer at The Room Place.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

Received a dresser that was damaged. No return policy. We were required to submit photos and then wait for 3 days for them to decide whether or not it was damaged enough for us to replace. When they finally let us replace it, the one they replaced it with was also damaged. took a lot of work to get them to go around official store policy and give us a refund. Looked around for a different replacement in the store, everything is cheap materials, not much wood, plastic with vinyl laminate covering, and overpriced for the quality. They encouraged us to look at the clearance section, where we found every piece was significantly damaged and not very discounted. Will not be going back. Stay away.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Purchased bunk bed for 2 of my grandsons and 4 yr fell thru top after delivery due to lack of info regarding board needed under mattress. Sales rep said since we didn't purchase mattress they didn't tell us. No info from delivery also. BAD experience from both Sales and Delivery.

The Room Place Company Information