1.28/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Columbia, MO

Looking for a good furniture store?

Slumberland Furniture Reviews

Original review: June 4, 2019

We purchased a La-Z-Boy loveseat. First we had to reorder because the first one we received was left unstuffed in one seat. On the second loveseat we received, the cable that lift the footrest broke after 4 months. We called customer service, they required three verification photos before considering service. We had purchased the extended warranty and after they agreed to repair the cable, we were told we would have to wait 2-3 weeks for the part. After that we have to contact the store to arrange and get on a schedule for a repairman. The part is a very small item and could be 2nd day mailed in a small envelope. Very unhappy with service!!!!

Original review: May 26, 2019

DO NOT BUY FROM SLUMBERLAND BEFORE READING! I have explained the details of my experience in the paragraph below but for the benefit of those who do not completely read reviews I wanted to start with bringing your attention to customer rating discrepancies I found Slumberland's website. Like most, prior to making purchases I check review ratings. The star rating on Slumberland's website for the Wake sectional I was planning to purchase had a 4.3 star rating with 4 reviews noted. Doing the math 4 reviews/4.3 stars I did not take the time to open the review summary page.

After Slumberland did not deliver my furniture timely or have it available for store pick-up as promised, I began shopping for other furniture. While comparing a sectional from Macy's to the one I purchased from Slumberland I clicked on the 4.3 star rating associated with the Wake sectional to read the reviews. To my surprise the rating was actually 2.3 stars NOT 4.3 and there were 18 reviews not 4. I discovered more discrepancies on the Pros and Cons list which appeared before the reviews. This list contained a list of 5 each pros and cons, each item had 1 review with the exception of comfort, it had 2 positive reviews noted.

Upon reading the customer reviews I discovered 9/18 customers gave the sectional 1 stars review and 4/18 gave a 2 star review. Customer complaints included the sectional sagging, pilled and fraying fabric, and most shocking the couch being constructed from cardboard. Customers also complained that Slumberland refused to acknowledge the fabric is faulty and that other customers were having issues.

The short and skinny of my experience. When I purchased the sectional I was told the wait could be 2-4 weeks, it was dependent on when Slumberland received it from the Manufacturer. Once received it would be delivered the following Thurs, Fri, or Sat. Two weeks after purchasing the sectional I received a call from Justin, Slumberland's sales representative wanting to schedule delivery as my furniture had been received from the manufacturer. However, the delivery dates he offered were 2.5 weeks away which conflicted with his assurances and promise at the time of purchase I would not have any problems with delivery and bragged Slumberland owned it own professionally trained delivery team. What he failed to tell me was that I would have to wait have to wait for the furniture to arrive from the Manufacturer and an additional 2.5 weeks for delivery.

My son and I went in person to the store and spoke with the Manager. He stated it was unusual for their deliveries to be backlogged and offered to refund the $100 delivery fee and the opportunity to pick up the furniture from the store that coming Friday. We explained we had not had to pay for delivery but the manager still refunded the $100. We accepted. Friday afternoon my son and I both took off work early, rented a Uhaul and drove to the store. I went to the back counter and told them I was there to pick up my furniture. The greeting I received was, "did you call before coming?" Confused, I responded no. The sales clerk stated, "we tell everyone to call... " She looked up my order and said she could see the refund but stated the Manager had not followed through and the furniture had not been delivered to the store as promised and there was nothing she could do.

The store manager was on vacation until the following Wednesday and the earliest we could put the furniture was the following Tues, we declined as my son was not available to help. We left the store fully expecting to hear from the store manager when he returned from vacation. We did not. After finding the website discrepancies and reading the reviews I ordered the sectional from Macy's and received it within 4 days. I cancelled my order in person and was given a receipt showing a refund of the purchase price less $100 (already refunded) 5 days ago, I am still waiting for the refund to post to my account. Slumberland made no attempt to refund or make right the $50+ spent on renting the Uhaul.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 7, 2019

My wife and I went in to local store on Sunday afternoon to buy a mattress. One salesperson was helping another customer. The another didn't even act like they saw us. The one helping the other person asked what we were looking for and told us where the mattresses that we could lay on them and find what we were looking for. After what seemed like forever she returned didn't really spend much time asking us what our sleeping needs were. Long story short bought the wrong mattress. My wife just couldn't sleep on it after two nights. Called the store but since we didn't buy the protector which really wasn't explained to us very well. They got what they wanted our money. I won't buy here again. Poor service!

Original review: April 27, 2019

We've bought 3 or 4 items over the years there, two special orders and two on-floor items. The salespeople are always professional, knowledgeable, and not at all pushy. The products are high-quality and last a long time, and the fabric choices on upholstered pieces are vast. Prices not always the lowest, but - you get what you pay for, and they do have good sales.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I bought a bed with headboard. When they came to set it up, told me my old frame would not support the 10 year warranty for the bed. I had spent $2000.00 on the bed already. The salesman said nothing about the frame. When I called the store during delivery they said they could send someone else out with a frame for $73.00. I was forced to spend more money just to get my bed. I had several other furniture pieces to buy. Slumberland has lost my business forever. I went to another store and got awesome customer service. I purchased the rest of my furniture there. I am in customer service as a career, this was definitely the wrong approach.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Slumberland Furniture?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

My husband and I went to Slumberland Furniture to buy an adjustable bed and individually wrapped coil mattress and that is the only thing we looked at. The salesman asked me about a pillow top mattress and I told him NO!!! So in the end we assumed we bought an individually wrapped coil mattress, but I never went in the bedroom when they set up the bed, and never had a pillow top mattress before, so until my son was helping my husband to rearrange our bedroom my son asked us why we didn't buy the mattress we wanted in shock we both told him we had and he informed us that mattress was a pillow top not the coil mattress.

Contacted Slumberland and they said we bought the pillow top not the coil, so the only thing we can come up with is they falsified the sale to cover the store, because that bed cost us 1,400.00 and the frame was on sale for less than $300.00. The rest was minus pillow, taxes and delivery of $647.00, we paid $753.00 for a pillow top mattress. Unfortunately we misplaced the receipt from Slumberland and cannot prove they are lying. I hope in my old mind I eventually find the receipt so that I can prove what they are. Please if anyone is thinking about buying from Slumberland Furniture research them first, they are nothing but CROOKS!!!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I moved to Shakopee MN. on 1/1/19, so decided to purchase all new major furniture. I purchased a sectional at 'Slumberland Furniture" for 3,099 plus tax & delivery with a few other items. Because I work so many hours per week (up to 74), I never got time to inspect it thoroughly, until this weekend 2/26/19. I notice the two pieces are different colors and textures. I called the manager immediately, his response is that I should have filed a complaint within the first five days, sorry no apology or consideration for return.

My response: We live in a fast-paced world where "time is of the essence", I thought and believed that their products are of quality and satisfaction is guaranteed, so I never bothered to inspect all their pieces until I had time (my vacation week), and not only is the sectional two colors and textures, the ottoman had a big chunk of wood missing from one of the legs (first they blamed me for it), then they decided to replace it. I Urge YOU to Please be aware of purchasing furniture from this company. After it gets delivered, it is almost impossible to return if you find that it is defective, without going to court.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

NEVER buy from this CON ARTIST company!!! They are the WORST furniture dealer EVER! They sell JUNK furniture and nickle/dime you when you need multiple repairs even when under warranty!!! They should be RUN OUT OF BUSINESS!!!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Bought the Moldova Brown Sectional three years ago. Had a two year warranty and about 1.5 years in noticed the couch leather was starting to peel. Thought ok it’s not too bad but a few months later noticed it was spreading all over the seat. Called right when the warranty was ending and they sent a guy out to look at it. He came back and said that we must have spilled something on it so it’s now peeling. First of all, real cowhide leather doesn’t peel. When I said that he told me that they paint the leather so it all matches and that paint is what is peeling off. False advertising! So they said, "Sorry we won’t do anything for you."

Now three years later there are multiple cushions peeling on the seats. Clearly where we sit and where the “leather” is rubbing together and on the seams. We paid over $3,500 with tax and delivery and this is what we get. Do not buy this sectional. Slumberland should be pretty ashamed how they treat their customers and back their products when they fail so quickly. If they would have stated that this is painted leather we would never have bought it.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

After only a few years on a mildly used $4000.00 sofa (no kids and only evening use) the exterior started falling apart. The seating is leather and is fading quickly, but the sides are vinyl and that is what is peeling apart. I had paid for an extra warranty, but they said that only covers accidents like cuts and burns. They would not help repair this without me paying for it. The promises of the sales staff are worth as much as their warranty - I will never purchase from them again.

Slumberland Furniture Company Information