Columbia, MO

3.1/5 (288 ratings)

About Slumberland Furniture

Slumberland Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Slumberland Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Slumberland Furniture?

Original review: May 15, 2022

I purchased several pieces of furniture and a table set in early January 2022. I didn't like the furniture and they were not comfortable, so I decided to return them after a week. They refused to return them and said those were in the sale and are excluded from the manufacturer and product warranty. They also said that "We would deliver the table set in late March." Today is mid-May and after a thousand times calling them and talking with rude crazy representatives, they said, "You are in the queue and most likely will get your furniture in several weeks."

I kept asking for a firm delivery time, but the representative is a crazy nonsense person like an answering machine that is paid to repeat a single sentence she had been taught "We are not holding back your furniture, Sir". This is the worst experience that I had in my life and they will literally leave you with no option just to pay upfront and wait and wait and wait. Don't get fooled when you go to the store and see those cheerful representatives. They are trained to get you to purchase something and add you to their long waiting list.

Original review: March 11, 2022

When I bought my furniture I was happy with the experience in store. BUT then the issues started. I called to check on my furniture when the deadline I had been given in store passed and was treated poorly about my inquiry. I highly suggest they hire people to handle customer service instead of making the sales reps deal with customer issues as they clearly are not trained to deal with customer complaints. I was supposed to have my furniture in a few months and it has now been a year and I still have NO furniture and the deadline just keeps getting pushed further and further out with no good reason. They keep telling me it is COVID and supply chain reasons and I can take that excuse if it was delayed a few months even but at this point it is just crazy.

Having paid in full for furniture and not even remembering what it looks like because it has been so long is not ok and they don't care because they have my money. I will never go back there based on the experience I have had and this is the second time I bought from there. The first time was ok enough to be a repeat customer, this time was poor enough they have lost my business.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

Last December 15, 2021, Slumberland Truck driver backed up in our driveway to unload a sofa and Damaged our vehicle that was park in the right side of our driveway. It was caught in the camera how close he parked his truck to our car but the Truck driver denied that he hit our car. I have his videos. Beware people because this person is very Dishonest! I am very sad knowing that there are dishonest people like him, how about those families that have no cameras outside of their properties? I would understand if he knocked in my door or leave a message and apologize. I am very frustrated how the insurance company and Slumberland handled this claim, we spent a lot of time sending proofs, videos and back and forth call/emails. This truck driver knows he damaged our car, accident happens but his Dishonesty is what bothers me most. I hope he realizes that, what he did was totally unacceptable and very unfair to us as customers.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

My concern is I brought a table set with a warranty. Now I realize one of the chairs need repair. I believe it came that way but since it was floor model already put together was not notice. So I am frustrated because I feel I am now being stall for a replacement and I have called several times no solution. This is not good business and it has nothing to do with Cov19. Be aware consumers.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

Called to check on custom furniture order as timeframe given at time order was placed had passed and was already padded to care for COVID. Was told order had been updated to indicate mid Dec. Asked why adding 7-8 weeks to order didn't generate a call. Was told they don't call anyone when orders are delayed. Customer service at its poorest.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2020

I purchased a taupe colored sectional and bought the fabric protection. Within 2 years the fabric started changing to a light purple color. Spoke to numerous people in service and none called back or followed up. They said fabric protection didn’t apply to defective material. Manufacturer only guaranteed for one year. Waste of almost $3,000 and don’t believe them when they say 100% satisfaction guarantee. Worst service I’ve ever experienced and I was a Director of Customer Care for a large corporation.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

David gave us plenty of personal space/time to think about our our choices of purchasing recliners. Always checking back with us to answer questions but still giving us that space. He wrote up our order, went over to double check it, and we were on our way.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

Billy was kind and helpful without being overbearing. I have a difficult time making decisions, particularly when it comes to larger purchases. I had been shopping around and Billy offered the best customer experience by far. He was not pushy and kept me informed. While there are many options out there for furniture stores, it was an easy decision to spend my money on excellent customer service and a great quality bed.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

The customer service was great. They greeted us at the door, pointed us in the right direction and then left us alone. We never felt rushed or pressured by any of the sales staff. Also my little guy accidentally broke a table decoration which we tried to pay for but the employee was more focused on us being okay versus the damaged item.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

Kyle ** helped us immediately when we walked in the store and then gave us space to look around. He then quickly helped us checkout once we had picked out what we wanted. Excited for our couch to come in!

Slumberland Furniture Company Information