3.66/5

Need a good mattress?

Need a good mattress?

Simmons Mattresses Reviews

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I purchased a Beautyrest Recharge Centerdale Plush 12-11-13 with a frame and box Springs from Unclaimed Freight. The mattress started bunching up and became lumpy, it was replaced with same mattress plus charged delivery $45, 1-23-15. Then again, same thing happened, now they had gone out of business, dealt directly with Simmons. They replaced with Silver 900 series $85 delivery. It's been two weeks and this one is lumping up too. I believe it's the same mattress with updated fabric and new name. Now I have to go check out their mattresses, find same price of $799 or upgrade, in addition pay difference, pay delivery and taxes and loose warranty and cannot return. The same priced ones are Silver also, same top which I imagine will lump too.

Cheaper one is $699 so how would they handle that? I'm thinking about small claims, I would like my money back so I can purchase a better mattress elsewhere. With all the delivery charges, I could have purchased an even better mattress to begin with had I known. I will never purchase again or recommend Simmons. This shouldn't be allowed, only way to stop them is to never buy their product. I tell everyone who will listen..

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

We bought this "mattress" 10 months ago and I'm here to tell you, it is the WORST mattress I have ever bought. And when I say bought, this thing wasn't cheap. After about 6 months this thing had two sinkholes that provided zero back support and now gives me severe lower back pain come morning. Mattress Firm obviously don't want to have anything to do with a customer who wants to return a defective, faulty, poorly made, etc after 120 days, which coincidentally was around the time I started to feel a little achy and began to question the mattress.

From what I've read Beautyrest want to see 1.5' to 2' of sagging without an actual human lying on it to validate "sagging" which is utterly ridiculous and a policy which is an affront as a mattress company. I'm taking steps to fix this myself, but I think the game is up for these types of companies. And rightly so. Awful mattress, do yourself a favour and stay away from.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

We bought Simmons Queen Mattress from Sleep Country store in 2016. It started sagging and springs at the end of the mattress going out. Initially we felt lump in the middle however we thought maybe it's new but slowly it started getting worse. We get up with back pain, tiredness and neck pains. The edge of the mattress has completely given out. It collapses when you sit on the edge, and you literally sink and roll off the edge. The sinking is so bad that I cannot sleep anymore.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

We bought a Simmons Mattress from Spencer's TV and Appliances in Gilbert, AZ. The mattress started sagging on one side when it was less than a year old making it very uncomfortable to sleep on. Simmons sent an inspector out where he took measurements with "no" pressure on the mattress. The mattress has a thick pillow top so these measurements seemed bogus. The mattress has a 10 year warranty and they refuse to replace it. Both Spencer's and Simmons refuse to work with us on this matter. We just want our saggy mattress replaced.

Original review: July 27, 2019

We bought our $4,000 mattress 4 years ago and wanted to file a claim over the springs at the end of the mattress going out. We have a high-quality wooden bed frame with slats so there is no peg on the middle part of the frame, but for that reason alone they won’t accept our claim and nulled our 10-year warranty. We bought this in confidence of something like this happening but are now extremely disappointed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Simmons Mattresses?

Original review: July 17, 2019

I bought my queen mattress from American Furniture Warehouse in February. It started sagging and if you sat on the side it felt like would slide off. Keep in mind this was in May of the same year. I went through American Furniture Warehouse customer support to replace the mattress considering it was barely 3 months old. It took about a month for the whole process to be completed and the end result was the manufacturer (Simmons) would not take it back. The products sold by Simmons are obviously low quality and not worth the money. I will never purchase another mattress of this brand again.

Original review: July 7, 2019

Bought a Simmons king size 25 year warranty mattress from Mattress Firm in 2014. They sold us on how wonderful the warranty was and how dependable their service after sale was. 18 months later the mattress was sagging on both sides. I called Mattress Firm and the girl told me that body impressions weren't covered under warranty.

About another year later we could no longer stand sleeping on the mattress because it caused us so much pain. Visited Mattress Firm again and the sales associate told me that whomever I had spoken with on the phone was incorrect and that I should push forward with a claim, so I did. You download a template that you fold so that it stands vertical to the bed, lay a broomstick in front of the template, take a picture and email it to them. From this they determine if you have a valid claim.

I did not have a valid claim but I did learn that they consider 1 1/2 inches to be a NORMAL body impression AND THAT IT SAYS SO RIGHT ON THE LABEL THAT IS ATTACHED TO THE MATTRESS! This was never pointed out at the time of sale, so buyer beware! Also the plush cushion layer on top is not tufted to the next layer so you really can't get an accurate body impression measurement anyway! My mattress is also mushrooming out on the sides.

My two mistakes were:
      1. Buying from Mattress Firm. I trusted their length of time in business and their word in what and how they sold. They do not stand behind what they sell and become downright rude at times during the claims process! They make you feel as if you are on trial!

2. Trusting the name of Simmons Beautyrest! I trusted them because of their length of time in business and the warranty offered. Everything they make is overpriced times 5!

Lessons learned:
      1. Don't trust based on length of time in business!
      2. Read the fine print. The 25 year warranty is not worth the paper that it is written on because of all of the exclusions!
      3. Paying more does not get you anything extra!

4. Go online to Amazon or Wayfair. Buy a best rated $500 mattress and in a couple of years, get rid of it and get a new one!

Original review: May 31, 2019

Crap! Mattress sagging, back in pain after 2 yrs of 10 yr warranty. Bought from Wayfair, won't honor since it's after 1 yr warranty. Working with Simmons. They only offer replacement and you have to pay $85 for shipping. ** company and customer service.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Terrible "Silver" Mattress. We shopped for Beautyrest as we previously owned a Classic from them and loved it for 15 years. We bought our king size silver pillow top from local furniture company. It felt really good in the showroom. Well the mattress delivered had a hump in the middle. We called Beautyrest and they wanted nothing to do with us. Said we needed to go back to where we purchased it, so we did. They had me send picture of mattress and eventually replaced the mattress. Our new one had no visible hump but after we slept on it for a couple weeks we noticed 2 things. While the mattress seemed to break in better, we continued to see it extremely more firm in the center. Almost felt like you were rolling to the side of the bed. Not sure why they decided to make the edge of the bed less firm. If you sit on the edge you almost slide off. Extremely odd.

We have had the mattress for a couple months now and continue to be very dissatisfied and disappointed that Beautyrest made a mattress of this quality. Yes they have more expensive models, but having paid $1300 you would think better results. Having a firm center line makes no sense to us. We probably will have to purchase a new mattress and it wont be a Simmons Beautyrest.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I bought a Simmons Beautyrest mattress, the place I purchased it are forcing me to pay a $99.00 delivery/pickup fee for a defective mattress that they sold. I called Simmons direct to get my mattress replaced due to a 10 year warranty as the place I purchased from offers a 1 year warranty and the mattress I purchased was way past that warranty time frame.

However the store are honoring the warranty by giving me a replacement but minus the $99.00 cost of delivering and pick up of defective mattress. The Simmons company would not allow us to get a credit to use anywhere but store of purchase. It is a disgrace that I am forced to use same company that we purchased mattress from and forced to pay a $99.00 delivery/pick up fee for a defective product they sold by Simmons. We had spent thousands at that store and for them to not waive a $99.00 fee for a defective product they sold is ridiculous. Simmons is a disgrace forcing us to use same store when their products are sold everywhere, no it forces us to pay a high fee to deliver another mattress to replace their defective product.

Simmons Mattresses expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Simmons has been making mattresses for over 140 years. It offers a wide range of options and has sold over 100 million mattresses. Many of the nation's top hotel chains use Simmons mattresses.​

• Variety: It offers a wide selection of beds in various price ranges, including the Beauty Rest line and the Curv line.

• Warranty: Customers can opt for a warranty covering all defects on any Simmons bed.

• Furniture: In addition to mattresses, it also sells other bedroom furniture, such as headboards and bed frames.

• High quality: Simmons has an upper-end line providing extremely high-quality beds, such as lasting memory foam and BeautyRest options.

• Best for: Simmons mattresses are best for professionals and young adults.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
      Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Simmons Mattresses Company Information