2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.28/5

Simmons Bedding Company is a manufacturer best known for memory foam and hybrid mattresses. Simmons’ Beautyrest line of mattresses has features like pocketed coil technology and ventilated fibers for maximum airflow. Simmons and Beautyrest mattresses are available for purchase online and through local retailers.

BOTTOM LINE

Simmons mattresses are available in a variety of firmness options in all price ranges. Provides a 100-night in-home trial and free white-glove delivery services, but some customers complain about durability issues.

PROS

• Free delivery
  • 100-night sleep trial
  • Wide variety of products

CONS

• Possible deterioration issues

Top Simmons Mattresses Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Simmons Mattresses?

Beautyrest is a very high quality product that comes in numerous styles and firmness options that cover a wide-range of sleeping needs. The Beautyrest brand is durable and comfortable...

I bought a Beautyrest mattress. I've had this product for 6 weeks now, my horrible neck and headaches have been reduced by 80%. I've never in my life slept so comfortably. Thank you Mattress Firm and Simmons.

Unsubscribe at any time.

About Simmons mattresses

Simmons is one of the most recognizable brands in the mattress industry. Simmons offers pocketed coil mattresses and hybrid mattresses and its flagship product, Beautyrest, comes in several variations. There are a variety of options for firmness, cooling technology and layers specifically designed for ergonomic comfort.

Simmons' most popular mattress is its innerspring mattress. The company recently expanded into hybrid mattress options as well, pairing its pocketed coil designs with several foam options for different comfort needs. Simmons provides complimentary white-glove delivery services that include the removal of an old mattress. It doesn’t deliver to Alaska or Hawaii, but shipping is free to anywhere else in the U.S.

Simmons mattress prices

Depending on the line, Simmons mattress models start between $249 for a Simmons twin Memory Foam to $3,999 for a king Beautyrest Black. Customers can finance their purchases directly through the company's website using Affirm. Approved customers can get loans for three, six or 12 months.

Mattress lineStarting price*FirmnessHeight
    Simmons Memory Foam$299Medium8 inches
    Simmons Hybrid$349Medium8 inches
    Beautyrest$499Plush13.5 inches
    Beautyrest Silver$799Plush16.5 inches
    Beautyrest Hybrid$1,999Medium13 inches
    Beautyrest Platinum$1,199Firm pillow-top16 inches
    Beautyrest Black$1,799Medium15 inches
    * Starting prices are for Simmons queen-size mattresses.

Simmons mattress models

Simmons mattresses come in a variety of comfort levels and with different features, including memory foam and airflow technology to help regulate body temperature.

• Simmons hybrid mattresses: Simmons hybrid mattresses combine memory foam and coils to provide a balance of comfort and structure. The coils allow airflow, which helps keep the bed at a more comfortable temperature.
    • Simmons memory foam mattresses: Simmons mattresses include RightTemp memory foam, gel memory foam, HD memory foam and more. The memory foam layers enhance comfort levels, ergonomic structure and temperature control.

Simmons Beautyrest mattresses

Simmons FAQ

Do Simmons mattresses come with a warranty?
    Yes, Simmons mattresses come with a 10-year limited warranty. The warranty covers manufacturing defects, including faults in the material. The warranty is only for the original purchaser and is nontransferable.
    How much is a Simmons Beautyrest mattress?
    Simmons Beautyrest mattresses start at $499 for a queen-size bed. Most Simmons Beautyrest mattresses are between $1,000 and $2,000, and the high-end mattresses cost as much as $3,999.
    Where can I buy a Simmons mattress?
    You can buy a Simmons mattress at home department stores like JCPenney and Ashley HomeStore. Its mattresses are also available on the Simmons and Beautyrest websites.
    Are Serta and Simmons the same company?
    No, Serta and Simmons are not the same company. They are, however, owned by the same investor group, the National Bedding Company.

Is Simmons a good mattress?

Simmons mattresses are good overall. Customers report improved sleep and comfort when using Simmons mattresses. According to customer reviews, the most significant concerns are the longevity of the mattresses and the company’s customer service.

Simmons Mattresses Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Simmons Mattresses?

Original review: July 24, 2020

Beautyrest mattress is one of the most comfortable and reasonably price. Had back problems and this helps me sleep comfortable. Have owned one for three years and still supports like new. Would recommend for all sleep problems with different price ranges. You can’t afford not to have a Beautyrest.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I absolutely love the Simmons Beauty Rest Recharge Lydia Manor extra firm. Bought it on US Mattress and it was a white glove delivery. It was a great experience and the bed is still phenomenal even after 4 years.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: May 8, 2020

The Heavenly Bed by Simmons is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. I felt well rested and my back didn’t hurt when I got up the next morning. I would highly recommend this mattress. If you want to try it out you can stay at a Westin Hotel. That is the kind of mattresses they have in their rooms.

Original review: May 6, 2020

The mattress when new was excellent. Like the design and the comfort that was there. Mine is firm. Don't like a mattress that sags. Cleaning is a breeze but with all King mattress's you need some help to flip or turn. Little awkward doing it by yourself. Happy with overall mattress.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Simmons Beauty Rest World Class Dalton Plush - The mattress is great to sleep on. Everyone that has tried it loves it. However, the company was lax on a few things. Customer service was horrible. Warranty was okay but it took a while To get through customer Service and to fulfill my order. When they delivered the mattress, it smelled bad, filled the house with a chemical smell. They did take it back, however it took some time for the delivery. I do love the mattress.

Original review: May 9, 2020

This mattress is junk. After less than 6 months the mattress has collapsed at least 3" in the sub structure at hip level. Given its a pillow top doesn't show the same as it springs back on exterior. Submitted warranty claim and they are declining as they expect the top to be depressed x amount of inches visually. The sidewalls are bowed out and I am now seeing a chiropractor. This model, their relatively new flagship product, has now suddenly been discontinued in Canada and now I am see dozen and dozens of complaints for similar issue and lack of warranty support. Disgusted... Avoid this product at all costs, don't believe paid shill reviewers.

Original review: March 30, 2020

Beware of Beautyrest, You May Not Get What You Pay For. I purchased a Beautyrest mattress through a national retailer who sent my order to the factory and then scheduled the delivery when it was ready. Below are the build labels as attached at delivery.

(Missing photo)

Also attached to the mattress by plastic fast tacks is the shipping label.

(Missing photo)

What are these other plastic fast tacks on either side of the foot of the mattress?

(Missing photos)

Why are these on my newly manufactured mattress which I watched the delivery crew unwrap and place on the platform in my bedroom? Neither I nor the delivery crew removed any labels. A simple reason jumps immediately to my mind. Other people have had this mattress and removed tags. I called Macy’s and was told the mattress was newly manufactured to my order.

I emailed the Beautyrest Warranty Department with attached photos and asked for an explanation for the two groupings of empty fast tacks on my new mattress. They had no explanation and insisted it was newly manufactured per my order. I wrote the CEO and Chairman of Serta Simmons Bedding LLC, parent of Beautyrest, asking for a new replacement mattress. Within days, I received an email to call the Warranty Department. The representative I spoke with did not have my letter with the photos documenting my purchase and the missing labels, just some information typed on her screen.

I explained the situation and that I wanted my mattress replaced. She also stated the mattress is made to order and she had no explanation for the two missing labels. I paid for a new mattress. Did I get what I paid for? To take it further, where has this mattress been? Is it safe to have in the house and sleep on? Will you get what you pay for when ordering a new Beautyrest mattress?

Original review: March 11, 2020

Material on one side is bunching up and the same side leaves a deep impression very uncomfortable. I called about the warranty and it is impossible for my husband and I to get the pictures they want. Want a picture of foundation which came with the mattress and a picture of the bed frame. We can not take the bed apart. My husband is 81 and I am 76. We bought the set in Nov 2017.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

This is the worst mattress that I have ever owned. I am sure that the factory will give me the runaround if I file a claim. If you are an "active" couple stay away from the Simmons beautyrest!!!!! It's destroying my sex life. From now on I will be trying a mattress for at least 30 days before I commit. SLEEP & my night time activities before bed ARE WAYYYY TOOOOO IMPORTANT to have a crappy mattress.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

So I purchased a new (double) mattress from Sleep Country, after about 3 months I started to noticed a more uncomfortable feeling, the springs started to to poke at me into my ribs, my chest, knees, hips. My back pain got worse as the bed also started to to go wonky in areas and the top layer bunched up. Ok just got a runaround from the store and Simmons would not accept the claim because of the centre support. I have a DOUBLE BED!! A centre support would make no difference in the faults of this mattress!!...horrible business.. ??

Next mattress is not going to come from that company. Even if I have to sleep on the floor for awhile. Also I have my toddler that co sleeps with me, which is why this infuriates me even more so, I am a single mother and I expect to pay for and receive a decent product. Right now I am basically sleeping on my couch until this gets sorted out, as I do not have the budget to run out and buy a new mattress on a whim!!.. The way they treat people is disgusting.

Simmons Mattresses Company Information