2.7/5 (1114 ratings)
Find a Mattress Brands partner

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

About Simmons Mattresses

Simmons Bedding Company is a manufacturer best known for memory foam and hybrid mattresses. Simmons’ Beautyrest line of mattresses has features like pocketed coil technology and ventilated fibers for maximum airflow. Simmons and Beautyrest mattresses are available for purchase online and through local retailers.

Pros

• Free delivery
  • 100-night sleep trial
  • Wide variety of products

Cons

• Possible deterioration issues

Bottom Line

Simmons mattresses are available in a variety of firmness options in all price ranges. Provides a 100-night in-home trial and free white-glove delivery services, but some customers complain about durability issues.

Top Simmons Mattresses Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Beautyrest is a very high quality product that comes in numerous styles and firmness options that cover a wide-range of sleeping needs. The Beautyrest brand is durable and comfortable...

Verified

I bought a Beautyrest mattress. I've had this product for 6 weeks now, my horrible neck and headaches have been reduced by 80%. I've never in my life slept so comfortably. Thank y...

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

About Simmons mattresses

Simmons is one of the most recognizable brands in the mattress industry. Simmons offers pocketed coil mattresses and hybrid mattresses and its flagship product, Beautyrest, comes in several variations. There are a variety of options for firmness, cooling technology and layers specifically designed for ergonomic comfort.

Simmons' most popular mattress is its innerspring mattress. The company recently expanded into hybrid mattress options as well, pairing its pocketed coil designs with several foam options for different comfort needs. Simmons provides complimentary white-glove delivery services that include the removal of an old mattress. It doesn’t deliver to Alaska or Hawaii, but shipping is free to anywhere else in the U.S.

Simmons mattress prices

Depending on the line, Simmons mattress models start between $249 for a Simmons twin Memory Foam to $3,999 for a king Beautyrest Black. Customers can finance their purchases directly through the company's website using Affirm. Approved customers can get loans for three, six or 12 months.

Mattress lineStarting price*FirmnessHeight
Simmons Memory Foam$299Medium8 inches
Simmons Hybrid$349Medium8 inches
Beautyrest$499Plush13.5 inches
Beautyrest Silver$799Plush16.5 inches
Beautyrest Hybrid$1,999Medium13 inches
Beautyrest Platinum$1,199Firm pillow-top16 inches
Beautyrest Black$1,799Medium15 inches
* Starting prices are for Simmons queen-size mattresses.

Simmons mattress models

Simmons mattresses come in a variety of comfort levels and with different features, including memory foam and airflow technology to help regulate body temperature.

• Simmons hybrid mattresses: Simmons hybrid mattresses combine memory foam and coils to provide a balance of comfort and structure. The coils allow airflow, which helps keep the bed at a more comfortable temperature.
  • Simmons memory foam mattresses: Simmons mattresses include RightTemp memory foam, gel memory foam, HD memory foam and more. The memory foam layers enhance comfort levels, ergonomic structure and temperature control.

Simmons Beautyrest mattresses

Simmons FAQ

Do Simmons mattresses come with a warranty?
Yes, Simmons mattresses come with a 10-year limited warranty. The warranty covers manufacturing defects, including faults in the material. The warranty is only for the original purchaser and is nontransferable.
How much is a Simmons Beautyrest mattress?
Simmons Beautyrest mattresses start at $499 for a queen-size bed. Most Simmons Beautyrest mattresses are between $1,000 and $2,000, and the high-end mattresses cost as much as $3,999.
Where can I buy a Simmons mattress?
You can buy a Simmons mattress at home department stores like JCPenney and Ashley HomeStore. Its mattresses are also available on the Simmons and Beautyrest websites.
Are Serta and Simmons the same company?
No, Serta and Simmons are not the same company. They are, however, owned by the same investor group, the National Bedding Company.

Is Simmons a good mattress?

Simmons mattresses are good overall. Customers report improved sleep and comfort when using Simmons mattresses. According to customer reviews, the most significant concerns are the longevity of the mattresses and the company’s customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Simmons Mattresses?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Simmons used to be the finest, most honorable and respected mattress maker in the country in my opinion - as I had slept on a (not too frequently needing replacement) king size Beautyrest most of my life (to Europe and back a couple times). Now their products are total CON-ARTISTRY. I went to replace my mattress in 2018 with the latest version - and it felt wonderful ... Thought it was the best mattress I had EVER slept on .... Till just a few hours later I was waken with severe back pain (and my back had never given me any trouble before - because of my (vintage, pre-2009) Beautyrest .... AKA: no memory form / gel foam ... or what should be called 'ON THE WAY TO THE DUMP' foams). I went 2 years, through TEN MATTRESSES ... ALL ... Wonderful in the first lay-down, and for a couple - few hours ... Then waking in pain.

Didn't have a good night's sleep until I got rid of the last one, giving up on the new ones because shysters like $immon$ have screwed their customers and the American public by helping ruin the American mattress industries ... Contaminating the process with their 'should be on the way to the dump' foams. I could not possibly have been happier with Simmons Most of my life ... And have great back health ... Great enough to 'survive' the onslaught of their current disaster formulations ... Thanks mostly to their pre-2009 / vintage Beautyrest mattresses ... Made with honesty and integrity for an appreciative customer base which wouldn't buy anything else.

NOW - as I may have said before - they are apparently in the hands of nothing but parasitic, opportunistic CON-ARTIST$ laughing all the way to the bank at the fools who - because when they first lay on it, it feels great .... Can't understand why their backs and health are hurting so bad .... But because it feels so good when you first lay on it - they figure ... It 'can't be the mattress'. Well - it can. What a terrible, unconscionable scam these parasitic con-artists are perpetrating on the American consumers. It took me 2 years and ten mattresses to figure out that they are a total scam ... And that none of their products are really any good, or good for your health ... And intended to have you coming back for a replacement mattress from them, or if not - then from so-called 'competitors' who they also supply or manufacture for ... Spelled 'ka-ching, ka-ching, ka-ching'!

I used to recommend Simmons Beautyrest to everyone who mentioned 'needing a new mattresses', or 'having back issues', or 'having had bad night's sleep' ... As I literally looked forward to getting into bed, and quite literally woke up happy and smiling every morning. To end my nightmare I got rid of the last of the $immon$ $cam Mattre$$e$ .... and a friend who was converting one of their guest rooms gave me the VINTAGE 1999 Serta King, innerspring, double sided / flappable (pre-'memory / gel foam' scam era) ... and while it wasn't PERFECTION in mattress form --- it was the first good night's sleep I had had in over two years. NOW I am always on the lookout for a vintage (pre-2009) Beautyrest (king) ... which I'll get re-upholstered if need be, and I'll just put it on top of the Serta - just in case I need it in future.

I write this because people just cannot comprehend the torture it is to never get a good night's sleep ... And wake with the pain and aching and sense of anger because of these deplorable parasitic opportunists who call themselves 'business people'. Yes - business people .... THEY'RE GIVING CONSUMERS 'THE BUSINESS', ALRIGHT. (I suppose that phrase might not be known to younger people these days ... sorry !).

Anyway - everyday I hope to hear that the shysters who have hijacked and turned Simmons into the shyster 'business' that they are today - HAVE BEEN INDICTED for a long list of crimes including establishing (defacto) monopolies; selling lousy, defective products, etc - and that there are plans for A SIMMONS CLASSIC BEAUTYREST to start the new line, under new ownership / management at Simmons Bedding, once more (and I'll put in my order for several - to 'last my time out' (as the old saying went). GOOD NIGHT, AND GOOD LUCK !

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

I’ve owned only Beautyrest mattresses since 1973 and was extremely pleased until the last purchase in 2019 ..a King pillowtop called Hotel 5. Previous mattresses I believe were all flippable. A middle hump developed within 1st yr. forcing my husband and I to sleep near the edge which was confining. I contacted Simmons 2020 and was told to contact the store..The Brick to begin warranty process. I didn't being skeptical of the process. About a month ago (2022), I thought I’d try as I had to replace the mattress no matter what. I obtained the sales receipt from the store, and went online @ The Brick to begin warranty.

I had a good support bed foundation, box springs which matched mattress, no stains. I used a long lightweight wood pole which I laid across bed, then used a leveler and measured on either side which showed a 2 inch dip. I could not have done this with a short heavy broomstick. The pictures that I sent clearly showed a hump. With the pole resting on hump and a space between mattress and pole on either side measured 2 inches. The Brick did ask for some additional pics. When they were satisfied, they sent to Simmons. It took 3 weeks, nothing from Simmons, I phoned and was told they’d look into it. Within a day got a message requesting additional pics. I assumed the Brick may not have sent everything, so I resent pics I thought clearly showed the issue. Within a day they got back to me and said the claim was approved.

The Brick contacted me the same day. I went online and saw a Simmons tight top mattress Black Hotel 1 firm…Went to the store..It didn’t seem too firm, prices was right as it was basically same price. Last night we slept on this mattress for first time..It seems perfect. It seems to have lots of cushioning yet supportive. I had written Beautyrest mattresses off, but this one seems very good. I won’t ever buy a pillowtop mattress again though. I’d rather buy firm and if it’s too firm then add a topper which I hear latex ones are supposed to be good..not memory foam. So I was highly skeptical of the warranty process, I went through with it more as an exercise to see what would happen than with an expectation I would get another mattress.

I was shocked to get the email it was approved..but best of all..I’m so pleased within this tight top firm mattress which has lots of cushioning. I have shoulder arthritis, my husband is 285 lbs..so finding a reasonably priced mattress that works for both of us..was unexpected. Because this mattress feel more firm yet with cushioning..I don’t think it will do what the previous softer pillowtop did. I’m quite surprised at how things worked out. ATM..I’m very pleased with the bed..as well as the company Simmons.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

Bought the Harmony Plush Pillow Top King AND the twin foundations to go under it. In just a matter of days, the thing was caving in under where my 120 lb wife slept; it has only gotten worse since. Since it is a pillow top, you can't really see the cave-in in the pictures that they specified, and they are definitely not interested in seeing pictures where the pillow top is held down. Guess what? I am told is all caused by my not having enough slats under their expensive foundation, never mind that there is no deflection under the foundations.

This company is running a racket, their warranties are written in such a way that there is always a way out for them. Read the warranty first; if you buy it, you are stuck with it. They even specify that some slats must be hardwood. Simmons is just like the fraudulent insurance company in the movie "The Rainmaker". I bought my mattress set from an Ashley Home Store. They do not back their mattress sells, only refer you to the manufacturer’s warranty after assuring you that you will be taken care of. This is another case of “if you buy it, you are stuck with it”. The Simmons website says if you buy from them through the internet, you get a 100-day trail, I wonder if they really stand by that. Anybody care to testify about a less than 100-day return? Right now, I am not seeing much love in the customer reviews. Bottom line? Don't do it...RUN!!

Original review: June 28, 2022

Worse $2600 bed I ever slept in. Just had to buy a $500 Tempurpedic topper to get me through another year or so before we move but I swear you may see this mattress in a dumpster fire!!! I should have just spent the money and got another Tempurpedic… I hate this bed. I tell everyone stay away. Terrible all the way around. Customer service is a joke. Their craftsmanship is a joke. Both sides of the bed are basically blown out and we are not big people… Bed with the box spring so high. I got to jump to get on. I hate it so much.

I can’t even express the pains in my neck, my back and my hips from sleeping on this garbage. I have slept better on a lawn chair. Don’t waste your money and don’t think you have a 25 year warranty cause that bed will be long gone before the 1st decade… I don’t care if going forward you're the only mattress manufacturer in the whole world. I’ll sleep on a cold hard tile floor with no blanket before I give you another Penny of my money.

Original review: June 20, 2022

I purchased a brand new Beautyrest/Simmons Mattress, was my first time with this brand and the last. I kid you not, the bed was sagging after the first night and I weigh 113 lbs. After a week the mattress was already sagging an inch when the store I purchased it from, came to look at it. It looks like an old bed in one week. Needless to say it needs to be replaced. Very poor workmanship! Tried contacting the company about it, no answer at all! They do not care. Will never purchase another Beautyrest/Simmons ever again or recommend.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

I bought a Simmons / Beautyrest "Black Desiree Firm" mattress with a suggested retail of over $2k. So I thought I was buying quality that would last, It didn't! I am not a large person. I am height / weight proportionate weighing 165 lbs. So I was very surprised to realize my mattress was sagging in less than 2 years use. And has gotten progressively worse in the past 3 months of runarounds from Simmons' / Beautyrest Warranty department. When I bought this mattress, the online description boasted a 20 yr. non prorated warranty.

From day 1 of contacting the warranty department to exercise a claim, I have experienced a non-accommodating process. Nothing short of "stall" tactics. It has now dragged on for 3 months & still no resolve in hand. To add insult to this process, they 1st told me my mattress only has a 10 year warranty & they go on to explain that a new replacement mattress will only carry the balance of the 10 yr. warranty. After an Independent Inspector came out they admitted that I do have a justified claim, but informed me that my mattress has been discontinued and I would have to identify a suitable replacement. In addition, they have the nerve to tell me that they will only honor a replacement up to the $1,000 I paid. Any additional would be billed to me!

I pointed out that I bought my mattress on a Special online Promo Sale (as we all know the retails are fictitious). I also noted that their suggested retails had increased by 30-50% in the 2.5 yrs since buying mine. That said, all I wanted was Like-Kind & quality of construction as to what I had purchased. They then sent me on a wild goose chase to go identify a replacement product of my liking. (Along with a list of a half dozen of the biggest mattress sellers, NOT to go to). I spent 3 days researching & reading reviews online to identify Like-Kind construction and Firmness levels. And then another 2 days out in the field to find these prospective replacements. Reported back my 1st & 2nd choice and still no answer!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

We purchased a Simmons Beautyrest in August 2021, and before Halloween the top surface had shifted from one side to the other by about 6 inches. It took 4 phone calls and 3 weeks to get the warranty claims department to even get us the form to fill out to request a replacement. They asked many followup questions over the course of the following 2 weeks. The claim was then denied due to an 'unsupported' foundation, which in our case was a steel frame with wooden slats supporting. The frame is completely square and quite level. From our perspective, Simmons knows their mattresses are garbage, and won't honor a warranty on a visually obvious defect. You will be throwing your money away and buying another mattress eventually, so save the aggravation and avoid Simmons completely.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2021

We bought a Beautyrest mattress Disney Moderate Plush early 2021 and it is awful... Have impressions within 3 months (and we are not large people, if that matters). Spent $1,000 on mattress and new foundation combined. Inquired about warranty and no response. This has been the most disappointing purchase I ever made. Reviews for mattresses are carefully managed so it's hard to leave a real review. Just sharing this with all my friends and family and anyone I know... Avoid beautyrest!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

We have a harmony lux king mattress and are very unhappy with it! The warranty does not cover the breakdown of the memory foam. It covers the mattress only if there is a 1 1/2 inch difference. The problem is that the memory foam expands back to size and yet it sinks when you lay down. This is a terrible mattress and we can’t get help with the warranty. I have to sleep in a divot every night and it’s very uncomfortable. The problem is we went beyond the 100 days before we noticed it. What a shame for such an expensive mattress.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

I am a pensioner, bought the Simmons Winchester Medium mattress 152 extra length. I was told it could support my back operation and weight. But it makes indentation where I lay. Turning it frequently as told does not help. As when I turn it the previous indentation is there. I have spent R20,000.00 and I am still in pain.

Simmons Mattresses Company Information