Simmons Mattresses

Simmons Mattresses Reviews

Find a Best Mattress Brands partner
1.1(585)

Suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2023

Shop Now

About Simmons Mattresses

Simmons Bedding Company is a manufacturer best known for memory foam and hybrid mattresses. Simmons’ Beautyrest line of mattresses has features like pocketed coil technology and ventilated fibers for maximum airflow. Simmons and Beautyrest mattresses are available for purchase online and through local retailers.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Free delivery
  • 100-night sleep trial
  • Wide variety of products
Cons
  • Possible deterioration issues

Featured Reviews

Verified
Abingdon, MD

Beautyrest is a very high quality product that comes in numerous styles and firmness options that cover a wide-range of sleeping needs. The Beautyrest brand is durable and comfortable...

Verified
Las Vegas, NV

I bought a Beautyrest mattress. I've had this product for 6 weeks now, my horrible neck and headaches have been reduced by 80%. I've never in my life slept so comfortably. Thank y...

Suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2023

Shop Now

About Simmons mattresses

Simmons is one of the most recognizable brands in the mattress industry. Simmons offers pocketed coil mattresses and hybrid mattresses and its flagship product, Beautyrest, comes in several variations. There are a variety of options for firmness, cooling technology and layers specifically designed for ergonomic comfort.

Simmons' most popular mattress is its innerspring mattress. The company recently expanded into hybrid mattress options as well, pairing its pocketed coil designs with several foam options for different comfort needs. Simmons provides complimentary white-glove delivery services that include the removal of an old mattress. It doesn’t deliver to Alaska or Hawaii, but shipping is free to anywhere else in the U.S.

Simmons mattress prices

Depending on the line, Simmons mattress models start between $249 for a Simmons twin Memory Foam to $3,999 for a king Beautyrest Black. Customers can finance their purchases directly through the company's website using Affirm. Approved customers can get loans for three, six or 12 months.

Mattress lineStarting price*FirmnessHeight
Simmons Memory Foam$299Medium8 inches
Simmons Hybrid$349Medium8 inches
Beautyrest$499Plush13.5 inches
Beautyrest Silver$799Plush16.5 inches
Beautyrest Hybrid$1,999Medium13 inches
Beautyrest Platinum$1,199Firm pillow-top16 inches
Beautyrest Black$1,799Medium15 inches
* Starting prices are for Simmons queen-size mattresses.

Simmons mattress models

Simmons mattresses come in a variety of comfort levels and with different features, including memory foam and airflow technology to help regulate body temperature.

• Simmons hybrid mattresses: Simmons hybrid mattresses combine memory foam and coils to provide a balance of comfort and structure. The coils allow airflow, which helps keep the bed at a more comfortable temperature.
  • Simmons memory foam mattresses: Simmons mattresses include RightTemp memory foam, gel memory foam, HD memory foam and more. The memory foam layers enhance comfort levels, ergonomic structure and temperature control.

Simmons Beautyrest mattresses

Simmons FAQ

Do Simmons mattresses come with a warranty?

Yes, Simmons mattresses come with a 10-year limited warranty. The warranty covers manufacturing defects, including faults in the material. The warranty is only for the original purchaser and is nontransferable.

How much is a Simmons Beautyrest mattress?

Simmons Beautyrest mattresses start at $499 for a queen-size bed. Most Simmons Beautyrest mattresses are between $1,000 and $2,000, and the high-end mattresses cost as much as $3,999.

Where can I buy a Simmons mattress?

You can buy a Simmons mattress at home department stores like JCPenney and Ashley HomeStore. Its mattresses are also available on the Simmons and Beautyrest websites.

Are Serta and Simmons the same company?

No, Serta and Simmons are not the same company. They are, however, owned by the same investor group, the National Bedding Company.

Is Simmons a good mattress?

Simmons mattresses are good overall. Customers report improved sleep and comfort when using Simmons mattresses. According to customer reviews, the most significant concerns are the longevity of the mattresses and the company’s customer service.

Simmons Mattresses Reviews

Stars Rating

• 0%
  • 3%
  • 0%
  • 3%
  • 95%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Simmons Mattresses?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Simmons Mattresses?
    Customer Service

Reviewed June 7, 2024

My name is J. **. We purchased a Simmons Black Republic King Mattress from the Brick in Barrie on July 3, 2019. The mattress within months started to sag on both sides. We contacted the Brick within the warranty period, and was told there was nothing they could do. At least two years ago (the mattress was now 3 years old) we concluded the mattress was unacceptable to sleep on. We paid $2,247.51 with taxes and delivery, thinking we we buying one of the best available

Simmons was absolutely no help with this horrible mattress (one computer generated reply only). I would not recommend this or any Simmons product to anyone buying a new mattress

Verified purchase
    Customer Service

Reviewed April 10, 2024

Purchased a $1700.00 Beauty Rest mattress 1 year 5 months ago of theirs from one of their stores and the entire mattress is sagging on both sides as if we was 300pds each and never leave the bed! We are 150pd and 185 pds. Went through store to get warranty and was denied because of a quarter size stain. I then called Simmons and she stated the stain could of caused all of that and it's not sanitary. So because of a quarter size stain..that excuses the fact that this mattress is faulty and should never been passed through inspection because their materials are a health hazard. They don't stand by their products and have the most outrageous excuses as to why you..the buyer is at fault but not them!

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Verified purchase

Reviewed May 12, 2023

Bought a $1300 Beautyrest (Simmons) mattress that began to sag in 3 months. At 6 months old it sags so much I can no longer sleep in it. I’m 5’10” and 140 lbs. No warranty. Stay away. Very poor quality and obviously not supported by the company

Coverage

Reviewed May 8, 2023

We just took the zippered cover off of the Simmons foam mattress we bought 2 1/2 years ago. The foam shows wear from having been out in the sun, and has silhouettes of bottles and cups, like it was in a party in the sun! This was hidden from us, since why would we remove the cover of a new mattress? We are totally disgusted that a new mattress was used, then wrapped in a new fabric cover and sold as new. We bought it at Costco. Foam turns colors and decays in the sun, so this is bad on many levels.

Reviewed Feb. 10, 2023

So I purchased a queen-size mattress from Rooms to Go and I paid $1100 for the mattress. Didn’t wanna go too expensive because it was going in the guest room. The mattress was used three months later for the first time and immediate complaints. The following month in-laws came for Thanksgiving and we had to change out the mattress because it was just that uncomfortable for my mother-in-law. Changed it out with a Tempur-Pedic that’s in my bedroom and the first night we were OK with it however the second night we had to sleep on the floor because the mattress was that uncomfortable. Complain to Rooms to Go because we purchase the extra warranty we later found out that was hogwash.

So now we’re stuck with the Beautyrest harmony and we’re going to go through our credit card company because it’s just that damaged. How is it possible there is such a dip in the mattress in less than five months, I have no idea. That’s when we started reading up on the reviews and we realize this is a known problem with this mattress. So yeah, total rip-off.

Reviewed Jan. 31, 2023

I forgot that I placed a review here about Sealy mattress. Here I am again, I purchased Beauty Rest mattress after Sealy in 2017 and it was good for a while. In January 2021 I purchased another Beauty Rest mattress. After 18 months I started having horrible neck pain, I didn't realize right away that it was because of mattress because in my head it was fairly new. Long story short: Christie's appliance that sold me that mattress did the inspection and said according to Beauty Rest warranty guidelines it can't be replaced, it didn't sag deep enough.

Please keep in mind: I'm not 300 lbs of weight, just 150. How could I make $1500 mattress sag to the point that it's unbearable to sleep on within 18 months? I thought I'd try to contact BeautyRest directly, but after checking out their BBB profile I realized: it's the dead end. Their BBB license is revoked, tons of complaints, all sounds like mine: after 18 months unable to sleep on the mattress, horrible neck/back pain and inability to get through warranty process and get your money back! Beauty Rest merged with Simmons and they are filing for bankruptcy!!! How convenient?! Ripped off customers and get away with it!

Claims HandlingPrice

Reviewed Dec. 10, 2022

In the spring of 2021, my husband went to buy 2 new adjustable beds from Mattress Firm in Bradley, Illinois. He purchased a Simmons Beautyrest Pressuresmart king sized matress and a Queen Size Serta Perfectsleeper mattress, and 2 new adjustable bed frames. Within the first 2 months... the Simmons Beautyrest PressureSmart king sized mattress started to sink in on the right side of the brand new mattress!! I weigh 112 pounds and it was my side of the mattress that started to sink in. My husband weighs twice as much as I do and his side of the Simmons Beautyrest Pressuresmart Mattress was not sinking in. We also ended up getting a big lump in the middle of the new mattress. I have degenerative disc disease in my back and the mattress has been causing me to have excruciating back pain. We followed the instructions about how to file a complaint against Matress Firm and Simmons.

We took pictures of the bed that has now sunken down over 3 inches!! My husband went back to the store where he purchased the defective product, which was recalled because it was defective. The store manager told us that he was going to get personally involved and he told us about the recall on our Simmons Beautyrest Pressuresmart Mattress. We have never heard a word about the whole situation from the store manager. I actually had my back brace on when my husband and I went to speak with the manager of Mattress Firm in Bradley, Illinois. Now, my husband's side of the bed is starting to sink in. He payed a lot of money for the Simmons Beautyrest Pressuresmart Mattress and the adjustable bed frame. We have never had a worse mattress and we've paid much less than what we paid for the Simmons Beautyrest Pressuresmart mattress.

The mattress is getting worse everyday and we've been trying to get our money back so we can get a better mattress and it will not be from Mattress Firm!! We are very tired of getting the runaround from Mattress Firm and Simmons. I have read all of the negative reviews about this mattress and about Mattress Firm, who is not even approved by the BBB. My next step is to report Mattress Firm and Simmons to the Federal Trade Commission, the Attorney General's office, and most likely....I will retain an attorney. Simmons Beautyrest Pressuresmart Mattresses have been recalled due to the defective Mattresses!! We just want our money back, so we can get a new mattress ASAP. I have read nothing but negative reviews about the Simmons Beautyrest Pressuresmart Mattresses and how people who got sold one of these defective mattresses are still fighting to get Simmons to do the right thing!!

This is the worst mattress that I have ever had. It was not worth the money that my husband paid for it. The only way to deal with a big company like Simmons is to get a lawyer and take them to small claims court, to show them that you're serious about the whole situation. You can't even get a hold of anyone about the defective mattresses that were sold to unsuspecting consumers. There are also some class action lawsuits against Simmons and Mattress Firm regarding these horrible mattresses!!! All we wanted was to get our money back so that we could go get a better mattress. In the meantime...maybe I should start sending my medical bills to Simmons. Their defective, recalled mattress has caused me to have worse back pain than I already had before I started sleeping on the Simmons Beautyrest PressureSmart mattress!!

They should be held liable for any inconvenience or increased pain in my spine that their defective, recalled Simmons Beautyrest Pressuresmart Mattresses has been causing me on a daily basis. Selling a consumer a known defective product is called FRAUD!!! That's exactly what Simmons has done to innocent, unsuspecting consumers. Then they have the judges who have been denying the consumers cases against them and they are getting away with it? That is not fair that they are getting away with selling defective mattresses and the consumer is the one who paid the price for the defective mattresses in the first place, but the manufacturer has the Judges paid off to rule in their favor? When is the unsuspecting consumer going to get some satisfaction?

Probably never because these big companies will always find a way to get away with whatever they are found guilty of doing. Obviously... It's all about the money and how many innocent people that they can deceive into buying their products. Do we have to picket outside of Mattress Firm to warn other unsuspecting people not to make the mistake of buying the Simmons Beautyrest Pressuresmart Mattress?

Reviewed Dec. 6, 2022

Bought a Beautyrest Black X-Class plush mattress over a year ago…Loved it until started to sag…Rotated mattress and still sagging…Called company. Was inspected and told only 1/2 inch sag to their measurements when not in bed…but how about when in bed…I’m 140 lbs and roll right into valley…Was told need to be 1 1/2 inch sag which is crazy. Already uncomfortable…For a over $2000 mattress…not what I expected from customer service/satisfaction.

Sales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Sept. 12, 2022

Simmons used to be the finest, most honorable and respected mattress maker in the country in my opinion - as I had slept on a (not too frequently needing replacement) king size Beautyrest most of my life (to Europe and back a couple times). Now their products are total CON-ARTISTRY. I went to replace my mattress in 2018 with the latest version - and it felt wonderful ... Thought it was the best mattress I had EVER slept on .... Till just a few hours later I was waken with severe back pain (and my back had never given me any trouble before - because of my (vintage, pre-2009) Beautyrest .... AKA: no memory form / gel foam ... or what should be called 'ON THE WAY TO THE DUMP' foams). I went 2 years, through TEN MATTRESSES ... ALL ... Wonderful in the first lay-down, and for a couple - few hours ... Then waking in pain.

Didn't have a good night's sleep until I got rid of the last one, giving up on the new ones because shysters like $immon$ have screwed their customers and the American public by helping ruin the American mattress industries ... Contaminating the process with their 'should be on the way to the dump' foams. I could not possibly have been happier with Simmons Most of my life ... And have great back health ... Great enough to 'survive' the onslaught of their current disaster formulations ... Thanks mostly to their pre-2009 / vintage Beautyrest mattresses ... Made with honesty and integrity for an appreciative customer base which wouldn't buy anything else.

NOW - as I may have said before - they are apparently in the hands of nothing but parasitic, opportunistic CON-ARTIST$ laughing all the way to the bank at the fools who - because when they first lay on it, it feels great .... Can't understand why their backs and health are hurting so bad .... But because it feels so good when you first lay on it - they figure ... It 'can't be the mattress'. Well - it can. What a terrible, unconscionable scam these parasitic con-artists are perpetrating on the American consumers. It took me 2 years and ten mattresses to figure out that they are a total scam ... And that none of their products are really any good, or good for your health ... And intended to have you coming back for a replacement mattress from them, or if not - then from so-called 'competitors' who they also supply or manufacture for ... Spelled 'ka-ching, ka-ching, ka-ching'!

I used to recommend Simmons Beautyrest to everyone who mentioned 'needing a new mattresses', or 'having back issues', or 'having had bad night's sleep' ... As I literally looked forward to getting into bed, and quite literally woke up happy and smiling every morning. To end my nightmare I got rid of the last of the $immon$ $cam Mattre$$e$ .... and a friend who was converting one of their guest rooms gave me the VINTAGE 1999 Serta King, innerspring, double sided / flappable (pre-'memory / gel foam' scam era) ... and while it wasn't PERFECTION in mattress form --- it was the first good night's sleep I had had in over two years. NOW I am always on the lookout for a vintage (pre-2009) Beautyrest (king) ... which I'll get re-upholstered if need be, and I'll just put it on top of the Serta - just in case I need it in future.

I write this because people just cannot comprehend the torture it is to never get a good night's sleep ... And wake with the pain and aching and sense of anger because of these deplorable parasitic opportunists who call themselves 'business people'. Yes - business people .... THEY'RE GIVING CONSUMERS 'THE BUSINESS', ALRIGHT. (I suppose that phrase might not be known to younger people these days ... sorry !).

Anyway - everyday I hope to hear that the shysters who have hijacked and turned Simmons into the shyster 'business' that they are today - HAVE BEEN INDICTED for a long list of crimes including establishing (defacto) monopolies; selling lousy, defective products, etc - and that there are plans for A SIMMONS CLASSIC BEAUTYREST to start the new line, under new ownership / management at Simmons Bedding, once more (and I'll put in my order for several - to 'last my time out' (as the old saying went). GOOD NIGHT, AND GOOD LUCK !

Customer ServiceClaims HandlingPriceProcess

Reviewed Aug. 22, 2022

I’ve owned only Beautyrest mattresses since 1973 and was extremely pleased until the last purchase in 2019 ..a King pillowtop called Hotel 5. Previous mattresses I believe were all flippable. A middle hump developed within 1st yr. forcing my husband and I to sleep near the edge which was confining. I contacted Simmons 2020 and was told to contact the store..The Brick to begin warranty process. I didn't being skeptical of the process. About a month ago (2022), I thought I’d try as I had to replace the mattress no matter what. I obtained the sales receipt from the store, and went online @ The Brick to begin warranty.

I had a good support bed foundation, box springs which matched mattress, no stains. I used a long lightweight wood pole which I laid across bed, then used a leveler and measured on either side which showed a 2 inch dip. I could not have done this with a short heavy broomstick. The pictures that I sent clearly showed a hump. With the pole resting on hump and a space between mattress and pole on either side measured 2 inches. The Brick did ask for some additional pics. When they were satisfied, they sent to Simmons. It took 3 weeks, nothing from Simmons, I phoned and was told they’d look into it. Within a day got a message requesting additional pics. I assumed the Brick may not have sent everything, so I resent pics I thought clearly showed the issue. Within a day they got back to me and said the claim was approved.

The Brick contacted me the same day. I went online and saw a Simmons tight top mattress Black Hotel 1 firm…Went to the store..It didn’t seem too firm, prices was right as it was basically same price. Last night we slept on this mattress for first time..It seems perfect. It seems to have lots of cushioning yet supportive. I had written Beautyrest mattresses off, but this one seems very good. I won’t ever buy a pillowtop mattress again though. I’d rather buy firm and if it’s too firm then add a topper which I hear latex ones are supposed to be good..not memory foam. So I was highly skeptical of the warranty process, I went through with it more as an exercise to see what would happen than with an expectation I would get another mattress.

I was shocked to get the email it was approved..but best of all..I’m so pleased within this tight top firm mattress which has lots of cushioning. I have shoulder arthritis, my husband is 285 lbs..so finding a reasonably priced mattress that works for both of us..was unexpected. Because this mattress feel more firm yet with cushioning..I don’t think it will do what the previous softer pillowtop did. I’m quite surprised at how things worked out. ATM..I’m very pleased with the bed..as well as the company Simmons.

Simmons Mattresses Company Information