2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.27/5

Simmons Bedding Company is a manufacturer best known for memory foam and hybrid mattresses. Simmons’ Beautyrest line of mattresses has features like pocketed coil technology and ventilated fibers for maximum airflow. Simmons and Beautyrest mattresses are available for purchase online and through local retailers.

BOTTOM LINE

Simmons mattresses are available in a variety of firmness options in all price ranges. Provides a 100-night in-home trial and free white-glove delivery services, but some customers complain about durability issues.

PROS

• Free delivery
  • 100-night sleep trial
  • Wide variety of products

CONS

• Possible deterioration issues

Top Simmons Mattresses Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Simmons Mattresses?

Beautyrest is a very high quality product that comes in numerous styles and firmness options that cover a wide-range of sleeping needs. The Beautyrest brand is durable and comfortable...

I bought a Beautyrest mattress. I've had this product for 6 weeks now, my horrible neck and headaches have been reduced by 80%. I've never in my life slept so comfortably. Thank you Mattress Firm and Simmons.

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2020

Shop Now

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2020

Shop Now

About Simmons mattresses

Simmons is one of the most recognizable brands in the mattress industry. Simmons offers pocketed coil mattresses and hybrid mattresses and its flagship product, Beautyrest, comes in several variations. There are a variety of options for firmness, cooling technology and layers specifically designed for ergonomic comfort.

Simmons' most popular mattress is its innerspring mattress. The company recently expanded into hybrid mattress options as well, pairing its pocketed coil designs with several foam options for different comfort needs. Simmons provides complimentary white-glove delivery services that include the removal of an old mattress. It doesn’t deliver to Alaska or Hawaii, but shipping is free to anywhere else in the U.S.

Simmons mattress prices

Depending on the line, Simmons mattress models start between $249 for a Simmons twin Memory Foam to $3,999 for a king Beautyrest Black. Customers can finance their purchases directly through the company's website using Affirm. Approved customers can get loans for three, six or 12 months.

Mattress lineStarting price*FirmnessHeight
    Simmons Memory Foam$299Medium8 inches
    Simmons Hybrid$349Medium8 inches
    Beautyrest$499Plush13.5 inches
    Beautyrest Silver$799Plush16.5 inches
    Beautyrest Hybrid$1,999Medium13 inches
    Beautyrest Platinum$1,199Firm pillow-top16 inches
    Beautyrest Black$1,799Medium15 inches
    * Starting prices are for Simmons queen-size mattresses.

Simmons mattress models

Simmons mattresses come in a variety of comfort levels and with different features, including memory foam and airflow technology to help regulate body temperature.

• Simmons hybrid mattresses: Simmons hybrid mattresses combine memory foam and coils to provide a balance of comfort and structure. The coils allow airflow, which helps keep the bed at a more comfortable temperature.
    • Simmons memory foam mattresses: Simmons mattresses include RightTemp memory foam, gel memory foam, HD memory foam and more. The memory foam layers enhance comfort levels, ergonomic structure and temperature control.

Simmons Beautyrest mattresses

Simmons FAQ

Do Simmons mattresses come with a warranty?
    Yes, Simmons mattresses come with a 10-year limited warranty. The warranty covers manufacturing defects, including faults in the material. The warranty is only for the original purchaser and is nontransferable.
    How much is a Simmons Beautyrest mattress?
    Simmons Beautyrest mattresses start at $499 for a queen-size bed. Most Simmons Beautyrest mattresses are between $1,000 and $2,000, and the high-end mattresses cost as much as $3,999.
    Where can I buy a Simmons mattress?
    You can buy a Simmons mattress at home department stores like JCPenney and Ashley HomeStore. Its mattresses are also available on the Simmons and Beautyrest websites.
    Are Serta and Simmons the same company?
    No, Serta and Simmons are not the same company. They are, however, owned by the same investor group, the National Bedding Company.

Is Simmons a good mattress?

Simmons mattresses are good overall. Customers report improved sleep and comfort when using Simmons mattresses. According to customer reviews, the most significant concerns are the longevity of the mattresses and the company’s customer service.

Simmons Mattresses Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Simmons Mattresses?

Original review: July 24, 2020

Beautyrest mattress is one of the most comfortable and reasonably price. Had back problems and this helps me sleep comfortable. Have owned one for three years and still supports like new. Would recommend for all sleep problems with different price ranges. You can’t afford not to have a Beautyrest.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I absolutely love the Simmons Beauty Rest Recharge Lydia Manor extra firm. Bought it on US Mattress and it was a white glove delivery. It was a great experience and the bed is still phenomenal even after 4 years.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 8, 2020

The Heavenly Bed by Simmons is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. I felt well rested and my back didn’t hurt when I got up the next morning. I would highly recommend this mattress. If you want to try it out you can stay at a Westin Hotel. That is the kind of mattresses they have in their rooms.

Original review: May 6, 2020

The mattress when new was excellent. Like the design and the comfort that was there. Mine is firm. Don't like a mattress that sags. Cleaning is a breeze but with all King mattress's you need some help to flip or turn. Little awkward doing it by yourself. Happy with overall mattress.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

I have owned this mattress for 45 days and it sinks on the right side and left side already. It is uncomfortable because you are not even and we wake up sore in the morning. Simmons takes you down a long process of warranty discussions (just bought it) and then refuses to address the issue if the tag on the mattress is gone. They did not say that when it was bought and when it was removed at installation time. They were given a sales receipt and PO order from them that showed the product from order, shipment and installation. They said they could not help. A company that creates processes and trains employees to find ways to not address product problems or customer complaints.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

1st one traded for 2nd after 90 -100 days. Sheets pull off every 8 hours and mattress last 2 years with 1 person. Way overpriced and I wouldn't recommend it. Very disappointed. My mattress from 2008 was much better at 25% the cost and lasted 8 year.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

I have bought the Simmons Extra Firm mattress in July 2019 and started using it only from March 2020 after I was back to the US from a trip. In September, after using it for only 6 months I started waking up in the morning with back ache. I noticed the mattress has my body prints and 'sank' about 1/2 an inch already. I thought that if I buy an Extra Firm model, it will stay firm for a long time - that is not the case with the one I bought - Simmons mattress.

I filled a claim with customer service and called them after a week to check on the status. Well, they could not find my email so I re-sent it to them and stayed on the phone to make sure they have received it. I had all they have asked - the warranty label, photos that show the depression with measurements, and other pictures they made you take, like the frame, the base, etc. Four days after, I have received an email from them that that the depression is normal and therefor my claim is dismissed. I'm 6 feet tall and weigh only 145 pounds. Do you think an expensive mattress, extra firm mattress should start sinking after only 6 months of use? I would not recommend anyone to buy Simmons mattresses.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

I purchased a queen mattress by BEAUTYREST Simmons 2 years ago. The mattress material inside literally bunched up and went to one side when I moved it to another bedroom. BEAUTYREST did replace it with another that was not the quality I purchased. When unwrapped it to place it on the frame it had collapsed more than the first mattress! I called, never getting a return call.

So I went online, emailed and they stated I had to file like the, first one. I did and they denied the claim. They said I should not put a frame under the mattress that couldn’t support. I told them I had nowhere else to put the mattress. And why didn’t they call me back right after I received the mattress? It didn’t matter even filing the claim and seeing the frame they immediately decided to deny the claim. So now I am out hundreds of dollars and have 2 mattresses that can’t be used. I have always purchased from Simmons but not anymore. When the new people bought the company it went to heck in a handbasket.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

Less than 2 years springs died really badly of middle of the mattress. This is very uncomfortable to sleeping. Don't buy! Warranty 10 years but I registered, since never replied! Warranty process is too much things to do.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

We purchased a Beautyrest Recharge foam mattress and after a couple years the foam support on one side started to pull away from the body of the mattress and I've been sinking further and further into a hole. Going through the warranty process was an extremely long process. Filling out forms and supplying pictures, waiting months for approval or denial. Once approved finally, we then had to submit pictures of the tags being removed and cut up. Then you have to pay $85 up front to secure a shipment of your replacement. So we went through the entire process, paid the money and received confirmation that a replacement would be sent out in 4 to 6 weeks. 6 weeks went by and I called to follow up. Customer service tells me that my replacement mattress had been sent already to the delivery agent and they would follow up with them about a delivery time. 2 more weeks go by and I call to follow up again, keeping in mind this hole continues to grow.

Now I am told that there is a shortage of materials and that my mattress was not sent as I was previously told. My next "projected" shipment is next week, but that is subject to change based on supplies and availability. I bet they have not stopped making new mattresses for the stores! They will not offer a voucher that I can use towards going and just getting my own mattress. I would go get a different mattress all together, but have little choice other than to ride this out now and hope that some day, a replacement will be coming. I do not recommend this company! I had a previous mattress, not Beautyrest, that lasted over 20 years and no issues. Tried this new one, and it was shot in just 2 years. I wish I had my 20 year old mattress over this one. I'm tempted to buy a different mattress anyway and just refuse the replacement if it ever shows up.

Simmons Mattresses Company Information