Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.55/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Simmons Bedding Company is a manufacturer best known for memory foam and hybrid mattresses. Simmons’ Beautyrest line of mattresses has features like pocketed coil technology and ventilated fibers for maximum airflow. Simmons and Beautyrest mattresses are available for purchase online and through local retailers.

BOTTOM LINE

Simmons mattresses are available in a variety of firmness options in all price ranges. Provides a 100-night in-home trial and free white-glove delivery services, but some customers complain about durability issues.

PROS

• Free delivery
    • 100-night sleep trial
    • Wide variety of products

CONS

• Possible deterioration issues

Top Simmons Mattresses Reviews

Beautyrest is a very high quality product that comes in numerous styles and firmness options that cover a wide-range of sleeping needs. The Beautyrest brand is durable and comfortable...

... I've had this product for 6 weeks now, my horrible neck and headaches have been reduced by 80%. I've never in my life slept so comfortably. Thank you Mattress Firm and Simmons.

About Simmons mattresses

Simmons is one of the most recognizable brands in the mattress industry. Simmons offers pocketed coil mattresses and hybrid mattresses and its flagship product, Beautyrest, comes in several variations. There are a variety of options for firmness, cooling technology and layers specifically designed for ergonomic comfort.

Simmons' most popular mattress is its innerspring mattress. The company recently expanded into hybrid mattress options as well, pairing its pocketed coil designs with several foam options for different comfort needs. Simmons provides complimentary white-glove delivery services that include the removal of an old mattress. It doesn’t deliver to Alaska or Hawaii, but shipping is free to anywhere else in the U.S.

Simmons mattress prices

Depending on the line, Simmons mattress models start between $249 for a Simmons twin Memory Foam to $3,999 for a king Beautyrest Black. Customers can finance their purchases directly through the company's website using Affirm. Approved customers can get loans for three, six or 12 months.

Mattress lineStarting price*FirmnessHeight
        Simmons Memory Foam$299Medium8 inches
        Simmons Hybrid$349Medium8 inches
        Beautyrest$499Plush13.5 inches
        Beautyrest Silver$799Plush16.5 inches
        Beautyrest Hybrid$1,999Medium13 inches
        Beautyrest Platinum$1,199Firm pillow-top16 inches
        Beautyrest Black$1,799Medium15 inches
        * Starting prices are for Simmons queen-size mattresses.

Simmons mattress models

Simmons mattresses come in a variety of comfort levels and with different features, including memory foam and airflow technology to help regulate body temperature.

• Simmons hybrid mattresses: Simmons hybrid mattresses combine memory foam and coils to provide a balance of comfort and structure. The coils allow airflow, which helps keep the bed at a more comfortable temperature.
        • Simmons memory foam mattresses: Simmons mattresses include RightTemp memory foam, gel memory foam, HD memory foam and more. The memory foam layers enhance comfort levels, ergonomic structure and temperature control.
        • Simmons Beautyrest mattresses: Beautyrest mattresses are the staple of Simmons mattresses. The collection includes innerspring mattresses with pocketed coils as well as hybrid options. Optional Beautyrest mattress features include cooling upgrades like BlackIce and High Airflow SilkAir Fiber.

Simmons FAQ

Do Simmons mattresses come with a warranty?
        Yes, Simmons mattresses come with a 10-year limited warranty. The warranty covers manufacturing defects, including faults in the material. The warranty is only for the original purchaser and is nontransferable.
        How much is a Simmons Beautyrest mattress?
        Simmons Beautyrest mattresses start at $499 for a queen-size bed. Most Simmons Beautyrest mattresses are between $1,000 and $2,000, and the high-end mattresses cost as much as $3,999.
        Where can I buy a Simmons mattress?
        You can buy a Simmons mattress at home department stores like JCPenney and Ashley HomeStore. Its mattresses are also available on the Simmons and Beautyrest websites.
        Are Serta and Simmons the same company?
        No, Serta and Simmons are not the same company. They are, however, owned by the same investor group, the National Bedding Company.

Is Simmons a good mattress?

Simmons mattresses are good overall. Customers report improved sleep and comfort when using Simmons mattresses. According to customer reviews, the most significant concerns are the longevity of the mattresses and the company’s customer service.

Simmons Mattresses Reviews

Original review: March 30, 2020

Beware of Beautyrest, You May Not Get What You Pay For. I purchased a Beautyrest mattress through a national retailer who sent my order to the factory and then scheduled the delivery when it was ready. Below are the build labels as attached at delivery.

(Missing photo)

Also attached to the mattress by plastic fast tacks is the shipping label.

(Missing photo)

What are these other plastic fast tacks on either side of the foot of the mattress?

(Missing photos)

Why are these on my newly manufactured mattress which I watched the delivery crew unwrap and place on the platform in my bedroom? Neither I nor the delivery crew removed any labels. A simple reason jumps immediately to my mind. Other people have had this mattress and removed tags. I called Macy’s and was told the mattress was newly manufactured to my order.

I emailed the Beautyrest Warranty Department with attached photos and asked for an explanation for the two groupings of empty fast tacks on my new mattress. They had no explanation and insisted it was newly manufactured per my order. I wrote the CEO and Chairman of Serta Simmons Bedding LLC, parent of Beautyrest, asking for a new replacement mattress. Within days, I received an email to call the Warranty Department. The representative I spoke with did not have my letter with the photos documenting my purchase and the missing labels, just some information typed on her screen.

I explained the situation and that I wanted my mattress replaced. She also stated the mattress is made to order and she had no explanation for the two missing labels. I paid for a new mattress. Did I get what I paid for? To take it further, where has this mattress been? Is it safe to have in the house and sleep on? Will you get what you pay for when ordering a new Beautyrest mattress?

Original review: March 11, 2020

Material on one side is bunching up and the same side leaves a deep impression very uncomfortable. I called about the warranty and it is impossible for my husband and I to get the pictures they want. Want a picture of foundation which came with the mattress and a picture of the bed frame. We can not take the bed apart. My husband is 81 and I am 76. We bought the set in Nov 2017.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

This is the worst mattress that I have ever owned. I am sure that the factory will give me the runaround if I file a claim. If you are an "active" couple stay away from the Simmons beautyrest!!!!! It's destroying my sex life. From now on I will be trying a mattress for at least 30 days before I commit. SLEEP & my night time activities before bed ARE WAYYYY TOOOOO IMPORTANT to have a crappy mattress.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

So I purchased a new (double) mattress from Sleep Country, after about 3 months I started to noticed a more uncomfortable feeling, the springs started to to poke at me into my ribs, my chest, knees, hips. My back pain got worse as the bed also started to to go wonky in areas and the top layer bunched up. Ok just got a runaround from the store and Simmons would not accept the claim because of the centre support. I have a DOUBLE BED!! A centre support would make no difference in the faults of this mattress!!...horrible business.. ??

Next mattress is not going to come from that company. Even if I have to sleep on the floor for awhile. Also I have my toddler that co sleeps with me, which is why this infuriates me even more so, I am a single mother and I expect to pay for and receive a decent product. Right now I am basically sleeping on my couch until this gets sorted out, as I do not have the budget to run out and buy a new mattress on a whim!!.. The way they treat people is disgusting.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

Bought a Beautyrest Firm Mattress in January 2017. We had only used it for a few months and there started to be severe depressions where my husband and I sleep, we are not big people. Since it is our seasonal home we used it from Jan to March, left for the summer, and returned in the fall. Filed a claim against the 10 YEAR Warranty, Beautyrest denied our claim.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Simmons Mattresses?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I purchased a Beautyrest Recharge Centerdale Plush 12-11-13 with a frame and box Springs from Unclaimed Freight. The mattress started bunching up and became lumpy, it was replaced with same mattress plus charged delivery $45, 1-23-15. Then again, same thing happened, now they had gone out of business, dealt directly with Simmons. They replaced with Silver 900 series $85 delivery. It's been two weeks and this one is lumping up too. I believe it's the same mattress with updated fabric and new name. Now I have to go check out their mattresses, find same price of $799 or upgrade, in addition pay difference, pay delivery and taxes and loose warranty and cannot return. The same priced ones are Silver also, same top which I imagine will lump too.

Cheaper one is $699 so how would they handle that? I'm thinking about small claims, I would like my money back so I can purchase a better mattress elsewhere. With all the delivery charges, I could have purchased an even better mattress to begin with had I known. I will never purchase again or recommend Simmons. This shouldn't be allowed, only way to stop them is to never buy their product. I tell everyone who will listen..

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

We bought this "mattress" 10 months ago and I'm here to tell you, it is the WORST mattress I have ever bought. And when I say bought, this thing wasn't cheap. After about 6 months this thing had two sinkholes that provided zero back support and now gives me severe lower back pain come morning. Mattress Firm obviously don't want to have anything to do with a customer who wants to return a defective, faulty, poorly made, etc after 120 days, which coincidentally was around the time I started to feel a little achy and began to question the mattress.

From what I've read Beautyrest want to see 1.5' to 2' of sagging without an actual human lying on it to validate "sagging" which is utterly ridiculous and a policy which is an affront as a mattress company. I'm taking steps to fix this myself, but I think the game is up for these types of companies. And rightly so. Awful mattress, do yourself a favour and stay away from.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

We bought Simmons Queen Mattress from Sleep Country store in 2016. It started sagging and springs at the end of the mattress going out. Initially we felt lump in the middle however we thought maybe it's new but slowly it started getting worse. We get up with back pain, tiredness and neck pains. The edge of the mattress has completely given out. It collapses when you sit on the edge, and you literally sink and roll off the edge. The sinking is so bad that I cannot sleep anymore.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

We bought a Simmons Mattress from Spencer's TV and Appliances in Gilbert, AZ. The mattress started sagging on one side when it was less than a year old making it very uncomfortable to sleep on. Simmons sent an inspector out where he took measurements with "no" pressure on the mattress. The mattress has a thick pillow top so these measurements seemed bogus. The mattress has a 10 year warranty and they refuse to replace it. Both Spencer's and Simmons refuse to work with us on this matter. We just want our saggy mattress replaced.

Original review: July 27, 2019

We bought our $4,000 mattress 4 years ago and wanted to file a claim over the springs at the end of the mattress going out. We have a high-quality wooden bed frame with slats so there is no peg on the middle part of the frame, but for that reason alone they won’t accept our claim and nulled our 10-year warranty. We bought this in confidence of something like this happening but are now extremely disappointed.

Simmons Mattresses Company Information