2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.26/5

Simmons Bedding Company is a manufacturer best known for memory foam and hybrid mattresses. Simmons’ Beautyrest line of mattresses has features like pocketed coil technology and ventilated fibers for maximum airflow. Simmons and Beautyrest mattresses are available for purchase online and through local retailers.

BOTTOM LINE

Simmons mattresses are available in a variety of firmness options in all price ranges. Provides a 100-night in-home trial and free white-glove delivery services, but some customers complain about durability issues.

PROS
  • Free delivery
  • 100-night sleep trial
  • Wide variety of products
CONS
  • Possible deterioration issues

Top Simmons Mattresses Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Simmons Mattresses?

Beautyrest is a very high quality product that comes in numerous styles and firmness options that cover a wide-range of sleeping needs. The Beautyrest brand is durable and comfortable...

I bought a Beautyrest mattress. I've had this product for 6 weeks now, my horrible neck and headaches have been reduced by 80%. I've never in my life slept so comfortably. Thank you Mattress Firm and Simmons.

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

About Simmons mattresses

Simmons is one of the most recognizable brands in the mattress industry. Simmons offers pocketed coil mattresses and hybrid mattresses and its flagship product, Beautyrest, comes in several variations. There are a variety of options for firmness, cooling technology and layers specifically designed for ergonomic comfort.

Simmons' most popular mattress is its innerspring mattress. The company recently expanded into hybrid mattress options as well, pairing its pocketed coil designs with several foam options for different comfort needs. Simmons provides complimentary white-glove delivery services that include the removal of an old mattress. It doesn’t deliver to Alaska or Hawaii, but shipping is free to anywhere else in the U.S.

Simmons mattress prices

Depending on the line, Simmons mattress models start between $249 for a Simmons twin Memory Foam to $3,999 for a king Beautyrest Black. Customers can finance their purchases directly through the company's website using Affirm. Approved customers can get loans for three, six or 12 months.

Mattress lineStarting price*FirmnessHeight
    Simmons Memory Foam$299Medium8 inches
    Simmons Hybrid$349Medium8 inches
    Beautyrest$499Plush13.5 inches
    Beautyrest Silver$799Plush16.5 inches
    Beautyrest Hybrid$1,999Medium13 inches
    Beautyrest Platinum$1,199Firm pillow-top16 inches
    Beautyrest Black$1,799Medium15 inches
    * Starting prices are for Simmons queen-size mattresses.

Simmons mattress models

Simmons mattresses come in a variety of comfort levels and with different features, including memory foam and airflow technology to help regulate body temperature.

• Simmons hybrid mattresses: Simmons hybrid mattresses combine memory foam and coils to provide a balance of comfort and structure. The coils allow airflow, which helps keep the bed at a more comfortable temperature.
    • Simmons memory foam mattresses: Simmons mattresses include RightTemp memory foam, gel memory foam, HD memory foam and more. The memory foam layers enhance comfort levels, ergonomic structure and temperature control.

Simmons Beautyrest mattresses

Simmons FAQ

Do Simmons mattresses come with a warranty?
    Yes, Simmons mattresses come with a 10-year limited warranty. The warranty covers manufacturing defects, including faults in the material. The warranty is only for the original purchaser and is nontransferable.
    How much is a Simmons Beautyrest mattress?
    Simmons Beautyrest mattresses start at $499 for a queen-size bed. Most Simmons Beautyrest mattresses are between $1,000 and $2,000, and the high-end mattresses cost as much as $3,999.
    Where can I buy a Simmons mattress?
    You can buy a Simmons mattress at home department stores like JCPenney and Ashley HomeStore. Its mattresses are also available on the Simmons and Beautyrest websites.
    Are Serta and Simmons the same company?
    No, Serta and Simmons are not the same company. They are, however, owned by the same investor group, the National Bedding Company.

Is Simmons a good mattress?

Simmons mattresses are good overall. Customers report improved sleep and comfort when using Simmons mattresses. According to customer reviews, the most significant concerns are the longevity of the mattresses and the company’s customer service.

Simmons Mattresses Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Simmons Mattresses?

Original review: July 24, 2020

Beautyrest mattress is one of the most comfortable and reasonably price. Had back problems and this helps me sleep comfortable. Have owned one for three years and still supports like new. Would recommend for all sleep problems with different price ranges. You can’t afford not to have a Beautyrest.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I absolutely love the Simmons Beauty Rest Recharge Lydia Manor extra firm. Bought it on US Mattress and it was a white glove delivery. It was a great experience and the bed is still phenomenal even after 4 years.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 8, 2020

The Heavenly Bed by Simmons is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. I felt well rested and my back didn’t hurt when I got up the next morning. I would highly recommend this mattress. If you want to try it out you can stay at a Westin Hotel. That is the kind of mattresses they have in their rooms.

Original review: May 6, 2020

The mattress when new was excellent. Like the design and the comfort that was there. Mine is firm. Don't like a mattress that sags. Cleaning is a breeze but with all King mattress's you need some help to flip or turn. Little awkward doing it by yourself. Happy with overall mattress.

Original review: March 23, 2021

Poor customer service and communication. I was trying to receive a new mattress under my 10 yr warranty. They wouldn’t honor it, said it was normal wear and tear. Even though it slopes so badly on both sides, I practically slide out of bed. I should have paid more for a better mattress. Warranty means very little. I’m so disappointed with this company.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

I recently put in a claim on a (6) year old Simmons Beautyrest Legend mattress that was badly sagging. There is no way to speak to anyone via the phone. You have to chat online with warranty dept. but the chatting online is always down. This was a top of the line mattress at the time and expensive... Boy what a joke that was. The mattress started sagging into its fourth year to a point that ruined my sleep and gave me back problems. They state that their warranty standard is at least a 1.5" of sagging which is ridiculous. If you waited for an 1.5"+ of sagging you would need back surgery after that. I would never ever recommend a Simmons Beautyrest mattress or Mattress Firm store to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

We have this mattress a chance, but it’s just awful. It’s the Fairview Plush mattress and a Cal King size. After a night it makes a divot that is super uncomfortable. We rotate it, still bad. After a year, we are just going to buy something else and throw this $2000 mattress away.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

I purchased a Simmons dr hard queen mattress 3 years ago and it's already defective. It shows collapsing and springs showing around shoulder height on bed. When we contacted simmons they told us the warranty was void because it was soiled and that affected the mattress. I can't see how human sweat can cause a mattress to come apart like this. People sometimes sweat at night. We had mattress covers on our bed. I don't ever recall a mattress coming apart like that and for the reasons they claim. I phoned their warranty line but didn't receive any real assistance. They just kept saying it was soiled and that voided warranty. I will never purchase a simmons mattress again.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

I purchased a luxury firm mattress from a local retailer in 2017. Fast forward to 2020. It starts to sink on each side and have indentions on the top and bottom. When I file the warranty claim, they reject due to lack of support even though I'm using the box spring they sold me as a set. I continue to complain. They tell me they will help me with a purchase upgrade. Which requires me to purchase a very expensive newer mattress and they give me a slight discount. I refuse, finally after approx. 3-4 months they decide to replace my mattress. When my replacement finally comes it is a lower end. Nothing like what I had originally purchased. So I request my money back or a better mattress and of course they have refused and I'm out the 85 for delivery fees plus the original $800 that I spent on the original mattress. If you look on BBB there are hundreds of the same complaint.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

I have owned this mattress for 45 days and it sinks on the right side and left side already. It is uncomfortable because you are not even and we wake up sore in the morning. Simmons takes you down a long process of warranty discussions (just bought it) and then refuses to address the issue if the tag on the mattress is gone. They did not say that when it was bought and when it was removed at installation time. They were given a sales receipt and PO order from them that showed the product from order, shipment and installation. They said they could not help. A company that creates processes and trains employees to find ways to not address product problems or customer complaints.

Simmons Mattresses Company Information