Simmons Mattresses

Compare Mattresses

Research top Mattresses recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought the Beautyrest Black Alexia extra firm on 10/2014 and it has been downhill ever since then. It was great for a few months. I was coming off an older mattress with heavy sagging and my back pain had gotten to alarming levels. With a new mattress my back pain was totally gone. I would wake up and feel great. Pain free. Unfortunately that lasted all of about 3 months. At that point I started to notice some sagging where my wife and I sleep. We decided to rotate the mattress and that helped out a bit, but another 3 months later and we had sagging on that side of the mattress as well. We rotated the mattress again and I was just back in my old groove. The springs didn't recover their support when they were on the footside of the bed.

About a month ago my back pain was getting worse and worse as the bed support deteriorated so we decided to rotate the mattress. Nope, that trick didn't work at all as the mattress has significant sagging on both sides. My back pain is back and worse than ever. My wife travels for work a few times a year and when she does I sleep in the middle of the bed (it's an Eastern King) on what I call the "mountain". There is still spring support there so when I can do that I sleep well and I can tell it helps my back. Long story short, this firm mattress was great for my back for the first three months until it started to degrade and lose its support. I've owned this for just over two years now and I'm considering another mattress. That is how bad it is.

I purchased a Beautyrest Simmons mattress and box springs Sept.16, 2016. In early Oct I called and complained about the broken down mattress and pain it was causing my back. They came out and said it was a factory defect. The store called within a week and said I could come into the store and select a replacement. I heard lots of complaints about Simmons Mattresses, so I opted for a different brand. The salesman didn't want to let me have the box springs with the new mattress, he wanted me to keep the old one that came with the Simmons. I know if you don't get a matching set sometimes the warranty is null and void. I also felt the price difference was completely different than I counted it to be including the taxes. I was told they charged me $50.00 for a 6 months same as cash deal.

To make a long story short, I contacted the bank and spoke with them. They said the salesman had no right to charge me $50.00 for the interest free loan, that they make their own promotions, and they had made one for me 24 months same as cash. the store said 6 months for 50.00 They put a hold on my payments, until they could speak with the furniture company. It is now Nov. 25, 2016. This problem is still being checked into, the store refuses to cancel the invoice, and the store refuses to pick up the defective box springs and mattress. I refuse to pay for it so I would suggest you NEVER purchase from Knoxville Wholesale Furniture and Simmons bedding.

Me and my husband bought Simmons World class queen bed and box worth $1,549.99. Without our knowledge the sales associate included a bed liner which we don't need it because we have one at home. We decided to go to store to make a return. It is unfortunate that there is no return or either exchange purchase. We're so disappointed!!!

Vivian, my name is Jeanette. We had similar trouble with our Simmons Mattress. (We paid 1,500) for a plush pillow top. Our problems were not as severe. Our mattress did not seem like a $1,500 mattress. What you need to do is start fresh with Simmons. Play up the fact that the mattress is breaking down. I suggest not mentioning the physical pain... Focus on the malfunctioning of the bed. You probably have a manufacturer's warranty. Call a different phone number. Keep trying until you REACH SOMEONE who seems smart, capable, and caring. FOCUS on the bed malfunction.

Simmons sent someone out to measure the bed's discrepancies, sagging, and unevenness. Simmons gave us a new bed (a more expensive one). In all honesty we are returning the second bed, too. But at least it was improvement. WE have not yet tried to get our money back (we are considering that now). They will bring you a new bed if your mattress has a manufacturer's warranty. We had the order number and all of our info ready. Good luck! God bless you!

The label on this mattress states "World Class", however it is anything BUT. We purchased our mattress at Sears in 2013 for $1300+. Soon after, my husband and I started to experience back, hip, and overall body pain upon waking after a night's sleep. After approximately 6 months, we noticed the mattress start to sag on the respective areas we both normally slept. The middle of the mattress, between the areas we slept in, started to rise and became a "hump", eventually turning into a mountain.

In Nov. of 2014, I was frustrated enough to start the warranty process. After submitting all of the criteria... pictures, measurements, documenting and speaking with a customer service rep, we waited. After 3 months of no response, I contacted the warranty department again only to be told that they have not received our information, nor did they have anything on file for our request... even after I gave them the related customer/account number provided to me by the representative I spoke to in the beginning. Frustrated, I began the process again, only to have the same results.

It is now Nov of 2016, with no results from our warranty process and we are beyond frustrated with our mattress. We are now in the market for a new mattress and thankful for Consumer Affairs for providing this forum to validate that my husband and I are not the only very unhappy owners of the Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Mattress. I see that someone has posted information regarding a class action lawsuit. If there is any information I could provide to support this, I would be more than happy to oblige.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Simmons Mattresses?

We purchased a Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Mattress less than a year ago, which began a journey of the unknown. Within days of sleeping on this mattress I began experiencing discomfort in the body and a loss of sleep. I was struggling with the situation as we just purchased a NEW SIMMONS BEAUTYREST Mattress, which was advertised as a very comfortable mattress that would Recharge the body. It would give you the best sleep ever. We just didn't know the RECHARGE would be in a negative way. As time passed the discomfort developed into severe pain throughout the body with back, neck, shoulders, stomach, internal organs, leg and toe pain. Stiffness in lower back. OMG wouldn't wish this on anyone. Also noticed areas of the bed began to collapse where large indentations developed. It appeared the mattress was defective.

We contacted the Merchant in an attempt to find a resolution to these issues and request a replacement or refund. Also inquired on if other customers complained. We were told they could not assist us with the discomfort issues we were experiencing, further stating discomfort was not a valid reason for return. They informed us no other complaint had been received on the mattress. We reached out to the warranty company however, no contact has been received back.

After contact with the Merchant leading us to believe the issues were not tied to the mattress and discomfort was pretty much a personal issue, we decided to try other measures to resolve the issues like rotating the mattress and seeking medical attention. After multiple visits to doctors, therapists going through unnecessary imaging, pain relief and research. The underlying issues are the result of the faulty SIMMONS BEAUTYREST RECHARGE MATTRESS sold to us. It is a shame consumers are experiencing such issues and the Merchants continue to advertise products they know are defective while the manufacturer continues to produce and make profits.

As I am unable to bear the pain the mattress causes, I am forced to find alternative areas to sleep. Will also have to invest into another mattress unless we eventually get contacted back by the manufacturer warranty dept. And either a replacement of a nonfaulty mattress or refund. The purpose of this review is to share my story in hopes of helping others from experiencing such a horrible thing. If you are in the market for a comfortable mattress. It is advisable not to purchase a Simmons Beautyrest.

Purchase mattress "Top of the Line with a 15 year warranty" purchased in 2010. Was told that the mattress would hold up over the years due to the "Special triple coiling in thru out the mattress". To make sure it would be under warranty was told we would have to purchase a special mattress cover for it. Extra $200. Keep that stupid "special Cover" on the first three years when we discovered that all the sides were breaking down. When we decided we had enough of it and went back to the mattress shop and they stated "Hey you bought the top of the line mattress" and that was the first year the mattress was out and had heard that the first series had that flaw of the sides breaking down. But it has been fixed. Why don't we call about the warranty. It should be covered because they even remembered that we purchased the special cover for it.

So we did and when your employee came out with a camera and took pictures and stated that the warranty was voided because there was a stain on the mattress. I was shocked to say the least. I asked to be shown the stain on the mattress. She could barely see it but when she showed me the picture that was magnified to make it look huge. I then asked what about the cover we have had to endure since the purchase of the mattress in order to maintain the warranty. She stated that we would have to go thru them to have them fight for our warranty.

Needless to say it was a big disappointment. But also a valuable lesson. We have since purchase a quality mattress, paid extra to have it special design and warranty. Which I did my home work on this company to know they stand behind their word. Not like Simmons. And We share this story with every person we can and advise them to STAY AWAY FROM SIMMONS Products. This has been the most helpful to new home owners and students getting ready to move out onto their own. I plan on sharing this story with each of the hotel suppliers next.

Purchased a Simmons Beauty Rest Recharge. Mattress was like a rock but we sank in and created a nice indentation and we sweat like crazy. With the recommended mattress protector. $2000 invested. Called Value City and happily swapped out the mattress as it was determined manufacture defect. 2nd mattress same issues. Called Value City back. They allowed us to pick a different mattress last time. We picked a Simmons Wellington mattress. Felt good for a few months, did not sweat anymore. However, have nice size indentations in the mattress and we rotate monthly. Bottom line Simmons mattresses are bad business. I have more back pain than ever. We sleep in our Coleman air mattress and sleep great and wake in no pain. Considering to get a king air mattress for $200 and remove the $2000 mattress. Never again will I buy a Simmons or recommend one.

Purchased Simmons Beautyrest mattress in 2014. Mattress came with manufacturer's 10-yr warranty. Within first year started having back and hip pain. It got worse as time went on. Husband noticed visible lumps in pillowtop so he contacted store we purchased it from. Salesman researched and saw this was a common problem reported in our mattress brand, but also informed us they no longer sold Simmons mattresses because they had so many problems and complaints about them. We contacted Simmons Warranty department to make claim. We were required to submit proof of purchase, which we did. Rep from Bedcheck came and took pictures. For the second time we were asked to provide original receipt, which we did. Several more days passed and then we finally heard from Simmons, who told us our claim had been approved.

Here's where the whole thing falls apart. Instead of just supplying us with a comparable replacement mattress they tell us that we have to go searching at stores for a Simmons mattress that falls in the price range at or below the price we originally paid. The mattress must also be a current year model. After we found one that met those requirements we were to write all the information from the mattress tag on their form and send it back to Simmons for review. If approved they would have one shipped from their factory. If we went over the price specified we would be responsible for additional charge and taxes, and then we would also have to pay for shipping!

After checking every store in our area we realize there is not one current year Simmons mattress at our under the price cap given. Simmons offers no resolution other than us paying the additional. Why should we be responsible for paying cost and shipping fees for a warranty claim on a defective product? The Warranty rules basically make it impossible for the consumer to get a replacement mattress without additional cost, so it is basically a scam. Simmons makes defective products covered by bogus warranties.

I bought a Beautyrest mattress 3 years ago and I should have complained immediately about the indentation but I kept thinking if we turned it around every few months it wouldn't be so bad. I paid $2,789.00 at Macy's plus cover and board total $3,366.00. I have used Simmons Beautyrest mattresses for 50 years and I never had a problem. Loved the mattresses. But this mattress is absolutely a disappointment. I will never buy another Simmons mattress. Not that they care but possibly you can be warned that these new Simmons mattresses' foam tops, gel, etc. are terrible.

I purchased a Simmons Beauty rest Briana Luxury Firm Mattress for $1399. Since the first night it was delivered it we thought we received a defective or used mattress as it sag and sunk in as I slept on it and felt as if I was sleeping in a hole. I had severe back aches and was so sore I could not even bend when showering. The weight of my body in the hole at night brought extreme shoulder and neck pain too. It made sleeping on side very painful through the night and most morning my stomach and internal organs felt sore.

I called store to ask for replacement from the day after delivery as I thought this was defective mattress and several emails to report problems with mattress with no resolution as they made excuse after excuse and promises to resolve and nothing. We were guaranteed we would receive the best sleep ever with this mattress which we feel was expensive for us but approaching 59 years old we wanted and were looking for a more peaceful restful sleep. We called complaint and for 6 months and were only given the round around of promises to send tech to look at mattress which never happened till enough emails and complaints to take to small court claims - finally returned a successful call from store to replace the mattress.

Mattress was replaced with same type mattress and the sag on this new mattress is returning and my back continues to be sore in the mornings. I cannot believe consumers are being sold a defective items as this mattresses and they are causing medical problems with no one looking into this complaints. There are way too many complaints for this to continue to remain in touched and in investigated as possible fraud of being sold a lemon mattress. I am not sure what my step is to try to resolve this issue with the mattress but we know if we continue to sleep on it we will suffer back, neck and organ problems. We paid 1399 which is very expensive for us as we just had a house fire and we were purchasing this mattress to replace our mattress which was damaged in fire. If anyone has any ideas please send me a reply at ** as we would like to resolve this asap and replace this mattress with a functioning one.

Simmons made a mess of my warranty claim! Unbelievable! I purchased an overpriced Beautyrest king mattress about two years ago and my wife and I have been noticing the sinkholes on both sides now for about a year. We first contacted the manufacturer and opened an online claim which resulted in nothing - they said we had to go through the dealer we purchased it from. (What's the point of making that available online anyways??)

Then we contacted the dealer which asked for an email with pics - we did that. No answer for a few weeks then some third party company calls us and schedules an inspection, so we thought it was finally the dealer taking action on our case, which was not true as we found out later that Simmons sent the inspection guy by mistake! Well, inspection is done and the results sent to Simmons. At this point, however, I thought I had to talk to the vendor about it, so I call the vendor and they don't even know about my case! I call the inspection company and they say Simmons is responsible for my warranty so I call Simmons again and they say the vendor is. I call the vendor and they don't give a damn about my case and never call me back.

So after all this I finally decide to email Simmons again, and a few days later they say that they won't honor the warranty on my mattress because my mattress has no labels... WTF??? The only labels I removed (which I STILL HAVE) are the ones that are hanging off your mattress and look like a t-shirt white tag. I'm extremely frustrated with Simmons, not only about the bad quality of their mattress but also their poor customer care! And I am the one with back pain from sleeping on that piece of garbage that now has to spend money suing Simmons! Horrible experience! Will never buy Simmons again!

I purchased this mattress in January 2016... within 6 months I had a big indentation. I'm paying over $3,000 for the mattress and the frame. A serviceman came out to inspect the bed. He says that he doesn't see any indentation. My back is getting far worse from this mattress and I highly doubt they will replace it. I will be sending them my doctor's bills.

My boyfriend and I bought this queen size mattress with an adjustable frame less than 3 years ago from Cozy Cabin Furniture in Plymouth, NH. We spent over 5 thousand dollars in that store in one visit. The bed was the bulk of the money. Both of us have bad backs, necks, and other medical problems. I am 4ft 10 inches 125 lbs and he is 6 ft and weighs around 250. The dealer never suggested that we get a bed that would help each of considering our difference in size. We bought the bed trusting the dealer and his experience with mattresses.

Approximately a year and a half later my boyfriend was experiencing his side of the bed had gone pretty flat so we flip the bed so the foot of it was now the head of it. That put me on the flattened side. Then approximately 8 months after that we were both feeling the flattened mattress. The only part of this mattress that is good now is the middle and because it's a queen and the size of us the middle is not a large space.

Since we got this bed, I have had to have surgery on my C-Spine and have experienced back pain that I didn't have before the bed and I now have to have surgery on another section of my neck. I literally feel like I am going to roll off the bed. My boyfriend has had a multi-level fusion and his pain has tripled since getting this bed. We called the store where we bought the bed and they sent someone to take pictures and measure the bed. The bed was down on both sides by double the required amount that the warranty covers. Mind you this bed is not even 3 years old yet. After the man left the company called and asked us to take pictures of the tags on the bed. Why didn't they do that when they were here? He took pictures of the bed. When we looked for the two tags we could only find one.

We searched the bed for the other and could not even find signs of a second tag ever existing. So now if this tag is not found we may not be able to get a new mattress. It's not like they are going to re-use the bed, the covers and any other part of this bed. We paid 3,000.00 for this entire bed and they are going to not honor the warranty because of a stupid tag? The tag didn't do anything wrong. The tag didn't cost us all that money. The tag isn't causing the pain in our bodies. The tag does not and did not ever exist on this bed! Oh and the bed we bought was a floor model. They literally took that bed out of the store after God knows how many people sat on it, laid on it, and put it in storage for us so that when we moved into our new home it could be delivered. They told us we were getting a brand new mattress but when I went back to the store to pay the rest of the money we owed just 2 days later, the bed we picked out was gone.

In its place was another bed that was totally different from the one we bought. How are we supposed to know we got a brand new mattress? Most stores don't give you the floor model. They give you a bed from the warehouse to guarantee it would be a new bed, not a bed that other people touched. I didn't complain at the time because there was a plastic cover on the mattress when we got it. The question is, who put the plastic cover on that bed? Because of the length of time it took for this bed to go bad leads me to believe that either we got a very used mattress or we got a mattress that was not the mattress we paid for.

Also, why did we even get the frame that was in the store? These frames are hand made because they are made from logs. The bed was in storage for over a month. They can't say that in that time they could not have ordered a brand new frame instead of giving us the one from the store that a million people and their germ filled children touched. I made sure the frame was clean before we used it by wiping it down with anti-bacterial wipes. I just feel this company misled us and are now making us jump through hoops to get a new mattress.

Oh ya, we also found out that this mattress has been discontinued. I wonder why. I have searched the internet to find any reviews on this bed and it's like it never existed. If we do not get a new mattress we will be going to court. We are both disabled. The only reason we had money to get that bed was because we had just gotten my boyfriend's disability check that we waited 5 years to get. It was a one shot deal for us. This company saw the word sucker on our foreheads. Beautyrest and Cozy Cabin Furniture are companies to totally avoid.

Purchased King Beautyrest Recharge Kline Mill Plush Pillowtop mattress September, 2013. Manufactured 07/02/2013 at Simmons on WT Harris Blvd. in Charlotte, NC. Three years later, it has lumps, bumps, and depressions so severe that one cannot sleep upon it. Causes severe back pain for both my husband and me. We are fit, average size adults. We measured depressions at 1 1/2 to 2 inches using a level. Our retailer sent out a representative to examine the mattress for the 10 year warranty against defects. He said depressions were not deep enough and warranty would not be honored.

The mattress was supported on Beautyrest's own double twin foundation on a solid platform so no reason for the sags. It was well cared for, always had a mattress cover. We cannot sleep on this mattress and had to purchase a new one. Extremely disappointed in Beautyrest, their product quality, and their false warranty. Will never buy another Beautyrest/Simmons product nor will we recommend their products to others. DO NOT purchase a poorly designed, poorly manufactured and poorly backed product from Simmons.

This was the worst experience with a mattress. I spent 2000 and will never buy another one. After a year I started getting back aches, contacted company and they just said contact the seller, but I moved from there, so could not. That is all they could offer. Do not ever buy from them, I have to now buy a new one and this time it is perfect.

Ditto to all these negative reviews. If they had negative stars I would use them. Mattress was over-priced, I was coming off a period of bad credit and in a new relationship and trying to avoid the bowl effect of my last mattress. Out of the frying pan into the fire... $2000 later and a runaround to run out the 30 day clock for exchanges and here I am, trying not to make the same mistake again. Think I'll try sleeping on a board.

Purchased Resonance with Plush top in February 2015. Month later middle started sagging (spring mattress). Three month later back pain started. Placed warranty complaint request in October 2015. I travel a lot, and had more restful sleep in third world countries. In December, inspector confirmed 1 and 1/8 depression in two locations. Due to the 1.5 inch rule, nothing can be done. I would have to check it every 6 months to hopefully get to the limit. Gave up and decided to buy 10" memory foam. 1600.00 dollars down the drain. Sad thing is, I support made in America. I am replacing Simmons North Carolina workmanship with China product to have a good sleep.

Between the crooks at Sleepy's and the terrible products Simmons puts out - I don't know who is worse! I purchased a Simmons Beautyrest Black Series less than 5 years ago and it wore horribly. I'm 37 years old, in good physical shape & 5'7" so I'm not putting the weight of an NFL linebacker on the bed. I wake up in the worst pain every morning. Paid a hair under $2,100 for the mattress alone (w/ tax & delivery) and there is just over a 1" sinkhole on both sides of the bed. Sleepy's warranty people sent an inspection kit out, did it as directed where you email them pics of the string & ruler test. Was told the sinkhole needed to be over 1.5" deep to be replaced. ON A PILLOW TOP??! It will always puff back up but the second you lay on it, what's underneath that thin thin layer that is completely destroyed. I have no choice but to buy a new bed outright as this is unbearable.

They also said the mattress was too stained but there are NO STAINS! Never had a spill (and no we don't wet the bed...). We sleep on colored sheets and there are 2 body length slight slight discolorations where we sleep from dye from the sheets. My warranty claim was fully denied, customer service treated me HORRIBLY. When I called Sleepy's they said Simmons made the decision and to take it up with them. When I called Simmons they said they leave the decisions up to Sleepy's and do not get involved. Furious with Sleepy's, furious with Simmons!!! Before this bed we bought the Dr. Breus bed. Sleepy's was peddling and that was HORRIBLE as well only they had a better warranty and took that bed back since it completely wore out. Notice Sleepy's hasn't carried the Dr. Breus bed in years - perhaps too many complaints.

Yet when you look online you find nothing negative about that bed - someone must scrub the web of any honest reviews. Moral of the story, after 2 total fails on EXPENSIVE mattresses from Sleepy's and them not wanting to stand behind what they sell, I will never ever give them business again! In case you're wondering what I ordered for the new bed, I did my homework this time as I should have done last time. I subscribed to Consumer Reports, I believe $36 for a full year - a name you can always trust. The top rated memory foam mattress they scored was the Novaform Serafina Pearl 14" mattress from Costco. Coincidentally it went on sale for the month of August and I paid only $649 delivered! Praying it is as good as they say but between Costco's reputation for quality, their easy return policy, and being backed by Consumer Reports I have high hopes. New bed arrives tomorrow.

The bed I ordered was #1 on CR's list, the $8,000 Duxiana was 6th or 7th, Tempurpedic's cloud supreme for over $2k was almost at the bottom of the list. For $8k, a bed better come with a masseuse that hides in your closet all day and massages you to sleep every night for 5 years. Done ranting, hope my honest review encourages you to do your homework.

The mattress purchased by the authorized retailer did not meet up to its end of the deal. Horrible sinkholes that have caused a great deal of back pain. This was a very expensive purchase. If you are considering purchasing a new bed, do your research and do not buy Simmons. It's not the same company of 130 yrs ago. It has since reduced quality and manufactured their products with low to no care. There is no enhanced research or testing of its products. I am very disappointed and out of a large amount of money that I could have used on a quality mattress set. There may as well not be a warranty because the red tape of any type of replacement or refund is short of a "joke".

I bought a Beautyrest Recharge Mattress from Sleepy's and it sagged shortly after I bought it. It has a 25-year warranty and it is a year and a half old, and I returned to Sleepy's five times, and each time I was referred to the warranty department, and they said that mattress had to sag one inch and one-half, or I was not considered for a refund or replacement. I have contacted Simmons and they keep referring to that warranty and did nothing. When standing on its side, it billows out and sinks in. They freaked out when I told them if I removed the tags, which is perfectly legal, as I am the consumer, and also asked if it was clean. What were they planning to do with it? I am a Senior and it took me one year to pay for it out of Social Security, and now I am sleeping on an air mattress, as I cannot afford another mattress.

A mattress with a 25 yr warranty should last more than weeks or months, and also, it cannot sag because it is a pillow top, and foam does not sag unless there is weight on it, which was not allowed when measuring. Mattress Marshals come up with a string and a washer on each end and put a cardboard measure to see how much it dips. I am normal weight and sleep alone, so there was no abuse or wear and tear. A new Mattress should not sag at all. This is the biggest scam of all and I hope a Lawyer would be kind enough to start a class action suit because others will be taken in. And also, the last visit to Sleepy's, the sales girl said: "Make sure your next mattress is not a Beautyrest," talk about adding insult to injury. All took the money and commissions and ran.

I purchased 2 twin mattresses for my children (ages 19 & 18) from Walmart. They had been sleeping on hand me down mattresses. I felt bad for them because they were getting lumpy. As I was shopping in Walmart, I saw they were on sale for $200 apiece. I saw the name Simmons & I thought "what a great deal". Simmons is a good name. When the kids got them, they were thrilled & remarked at what a difference they made compared to the old ones.

Within a year both mattresses developed a sink hole in the middle in the same exact place. Now, both sink holes are the size of a good sized pot hole. I am so disgusted. I wish I had kept the lumpy mattresses. At least they held up. As a consumer, I feel there should be some kind of class action lawsuit. This is not fair. Luckily I kept some of the info I removed from the plastic covers. Can anyone help us???

I purchased a Simmons Beautyrest from Art Van furniture store in 2012 for $1399 and it has two huge sinkholes on each side. The middle consists of a massive speed bump that you need a rolling head start to make it over. I called the store and they sent out a "mattress expert" and of course the sag was less than an inch and a half (which is the minimum size of sag to be deemed defective). BUT, the spring stabbing me in the spine could not be ignored. I got a voucher for a "comparable" mattress from Simmons. My expectations aren't high on this new one. I'm hoping to get another 4 years out of this one and then purchase something else. I'll give you one guess which manufacturer I WON'T BE purchasing. Simmons!

My husband and I have had a Beautyrest Supreme for the past 16 years and needed a new mattress so of course we bought a new Beautyrest Recharge which were on sale at Macy's. The saleslady talked us into a pillow top which gave us free delivery. We couldn't sleep on the mattress the first night. We both sank down into it like quicksand. My side sank worse than his which was odd considering I weigh 130 pounds less than he does. Was the mattress really new? I'm not for sure.

I ended up sleeping on the floor the second night so we called Macy's to come and get it on the third day since you only have 72 hours to return. We had to pay huge fees to Macy's to return. They could not come to get it for another week, then another week for different store to bring another bed so we had to sleep on the floor for total of 2 weeks. Thanks goodness a friend of mine gave me a truck mattress for camping. Buyer beware! Beautyrest is not the same company they were 16 years ago and Macy's is a terrible store to buy a mattress from!!! Look at the cut open mattress diagram on their website. It's basically a thin foam mattress with coils. I wish we would have kept our old mattress and bought a gel memory foam topper.

When you purchase a king memory foam mattress for $2,499 with a 25 year warranty, you expect a quality product from a reputable company. The mattress failed within 3 years. All necessary paperwork, photos, measurements were submitted to the Warranty Dept. Claim was denied. After two months, they sent an independent representative to our house to take photos, measurements, complete a form. (He drove 3 hours to get to our house and it was his first day on the job --- lacked much experience.) After two more months, they denied the claim. After many mornings waking up to low back issues, we bought a Tempur-Pedic. My recommendation is as follows: Do not buy a mattress from the Simmons Company. Do not buy a mattress simply because the tag says it has a 25 year warranty. The warranty is only as good as the company who produces the product!! Buyer Beware!

Beautyrest hybrid recharge mattress - As many other unfortunate buyers I wish I had read the reviews before spending 1600.00 on this king size mattress and box spring. Simmons makes a very poor product! We bought this May 1, 2016 worst purchase EVER, my back hurts, I have shoulder pain and can't sleep. I called the store after 2 days of owning this and they have a no return or exchange policy, called Simmons directly and they wouldn't help either.

We just ordered a gel memory foam mattress topper so hopeful it helps. Very sad so many consumers are out there unhappy and tired from no sleep!! All I can say is BUYER BEWARE NO NOT BUY THIS MATTRESS. We bought it at the furniture superstore South Portland, Me - HORRIBLE customer service with this and other things we bought.

Purchased Simmons Beautyrest Black Vivianne Plush has been off gassing for five plus months making my wife ill with all day headache, sore throat, dizziness, red eyes, difficulty breathing, sinus clogged, head burns/aches, throat burns, difficulty driving, eye blurriness, difficulty with coordination, other related medical problems. Contacted EPA Regional Office for guidance 7/12/16. Contacted Macy's Cust Service 7/11/16. Sending over independent company to subjectively evaluate. Off-gassing from 2/2/16 to 7/12/16. Distinct chemical odor. Independent adult entering bedroom has sinus clogged within two minutes of laying on bed. Bed aired out each day with all sheets, pillows and blankets off bed. Windows open. No apparent effect on mattress. Pillows are down. No waterproof mattress pad or encapsulating cover with Vinyl used.

There is no viable reason this bed would smell or have medical negative impact other than use of toxic fire retardant chemicals embedded in multiple layers of mattress. Mattress is sixteen inches thick. No protocol with Macy's, Simmons, mattress manufacturer to contact Federal Government and file complaint or register concerns. Mattress industry has protocols set up to avoid responsibility for chemical illness, sickness or disease. Most medical physicians have no background in chemical toxins; HAZMAT; industrial medicine, environmental medicine. No medical education; no documented training in chemistry and no access to fire retardant formularies used by mattress manufacturers. Macy's has agreed to take back mattress for full refund, after home inspection by independent company rep. Receipt # ** 10:26 am 3/23/16 (new replacement mattress issued) Macy's Northgate, Seattle, Northgate Mall, 98125 $2137.31.

I purchased the mattress one year ago. The mattress is unsupportive and saggy. I paid over $1000 on sale from Macy's. This is the worse mattress I ever purchased. I have had the representative here twice to look at it. There is a good depression on the top where my husband lays. Same as everyone reports, we only have a 1/2 inch depression. You need to have 1 1/2 inch depression for them to replace it. The mattress in the store was nice, evidently not the same as the one I received. I will never purchase another Beautyrest mattress again.

Simmons Easy Nights Queen-size mattress - Bought this Simmons Easy Nights mattress summer of 2010 and as of 2014 knew it wasn't holding up. We are two moderate weight people and were surprised to have hollows forming so soon after purchase. Plan on buying a new mattress in 2016 with hopes it will hold up better that this one.

Bought Mattress at Sears in 2015 (Simmons BeautyRest Recharge). I read many of the complaints regarding different models of Simmons Recharge Mattresses. The Firm Mattress in question. I too am experiencing sleep problems with mattress. I am having serious back pains because the mattress is sagging in the middle, and it is difficult to turn over, or sleep on side because my hip and waist are bent causing stress to my back. It's classified as Firm, however after a year it's already breaking down. I can relate to all the other consumers and their complaints because they all have the same issues and concerns I have with my Mattress. I am going to address this matter with Sears/and Simmons Manufacture, San Leandro, Ca. for direction. Possibly a class action lawsuit for manufacture defect, false advertisement if I don't get any resolution. I paid $1300.00 for mine. Many others have paid more. This is unacceptable.

Expert Review

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.    More about Michael J.→

Simmons has been making mattresses for over 140 years. It offers a wide range of options and has sold over 100 million mattresses. Many of the nation's top hotel chains use Simmons mattresses.​

• Variety: It offers a wide selection of beds in various price ranges, including the Beauty Rest line and the Curv line.
  • Warranty: Customers can opt for a warranty covering all defects on any Simmons bed.
  • Furniture: In addition to mattresses, it also sells other bedroom furniture, such as headboards and bed frames.
  • High quality: Simmons has an upper-end line providing extremely high-quality beds, such as lasting memory foam and BeautyRest options.
  • Best for Simmons mattresses are best for professionals and young adults.

Compare Mattresses