1.04/5
Based on 42 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a good mattress?

Last updated: May 6, 2018

479 Simmons Mattresses Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 6, 2018

Faulty Beautyrest Silver Mattress - Unbelievable. I saved up to buy a new queen mattress, and was sold this model by Ashley furniture. I purchased a brand new box spring as well. I am a 125 lb female, and after about 60 days this bed had a significant dip/valley from where I slept. I have severe back and hip pain for the first time in my life. I literally crawl out of a ditch every morning to get out of this bed. Of course Ashely points to Simmons and Simmons points to Ashley. It’s a disgusting, unacceptable, customer service nightmare. I want to haul this thing out to the curb, and will be buying a new mattress soon. It’s such a shame that large companies will continue to misrepresent their products and defraud hard working consumers. Gross. If anyone has luck getting a refund, I’d love to know more about the process.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Bought in 2013 with a 20-year warranty. Had it delivered with WHITE GLOVE service. Mattress sags. Contacted Simmons and they sent an inspector. Yes the mattress sags. Claim was denied because the bed only had 3 slats not 5. WTF? No one told me when I purchased it (GROUPON) that I needed two more slats. This is a just a way for Simmons to screw the consumer and cut costs. Boycott SIMMONS.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Purchased a new home and bought new furniture and a new Mattress only 16 months ago. The Mattress was giving us very bad back pain. We notice a lump in the middle and called Rooms To Go and let them know. They sent down someone to look at it and he said it was off an inch on each side and they will call us back to tell us what they can do on this problem. Well we had to call them back. They never called us. Then they told us we can only do a return if it is a 1 and a 1/2 inch off so we need to see if it will go down more in 30 days. This is a waste of money and pain in my body and both companies I will never buy from again. I paid 800 for the mattress only because I have a bedroom that has a bunkie board. No foundation needed. I have a Serta that is over 7 years in a spare room and will be sleeping on that. I will be buying another mattress but only Serta. Buyer beware of Rooms To Go and Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Forest Park mattress.

Original review: April 24, 2018

On 03/03/2018 I purchased a new Queen Simmons Silver product at Broward Discount Mattress store 1925 Banks Road Margate, Fl. 33063 (rep. **) 954-366-4180. My delivery was the following week. After 3 weeks I noticed my back was in a hunched posture and painful to my back.The mattress was also sagging where I had been sleeping. I immediately notified this condition to Broward Discount as to the problem. I was informed there was nothing they could do and was advised to call the company. I called Simmons, they replied I would need to call the store of my purchase. After going back and forth, Simmons requested the tag number on my mattress and finally gave me a Claim number **.

I was then contacted by Bed Chek (301) 960-4626. They sent an inspector to my house. A week later Simmons informed that they would not honor my warranty due to my box spring was a Serta saying it is not conformed to my new mattress. My box spring (Queen Size) is not broken in any way. All the wood is strong, not warped and in place. If I needed a new box spring for that particular mattress common sense I would have purchased a new one also. I was never advised I needed to match the same brand box spring. In fact, I never heard of that. Simmons findings are completely unacceptable by using the box spring as an excuse. I can’t believe a mattress can go bad after 3 weeks and then Simmons has the audacity to advertise a ten-year warranty to boot. I would like a total refund, so I can find a quality mattress, or a new one that they have with better quality.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I owned 2 Simmons ** mattress and they all gave me health problems since owning them! I bought the cheapest Simmons Recharge to the highest brand Hybrid Black Diamond! THEY ALL EXTREMELY TOXIC, MY BIRD DIES 3 days after purchase of OFF GASING TOXIC waste all over my house. My head keeps spinning and started have vertigo attacks after couple of days. They SECRETLY work with world order to kill you faster as ALL NEW BED contains all the TOXIC cancerous agents possible in existence and spray it all over inside the mattress. HELLO, when will people wake up here and take them to court! They have all lots of money, they deserve to. Since I change to a all natural IKEA bed, all PROBLEMS disappeared! THOSE BEDS ARE TO BE DESTROYED! I WARNED YOU!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Simmons Mattresses?

Original review: April 9, 2018

Purchased Simmons Beautyrest Platinum queen mattress and my back is killing me because of this mattress. I hate it and I feel like it's a complete rip-off. It is a total loss of money for me. I can't believe you would even sell this piece of crap.

Original review: April 8, 2018

My parents and I have always bought Beautyrest mattresses and considered them very good. I bought a queen size Beautyrest Jan 2018 with an adjustable frame. Eight years ago I bought the same setup and the bed is still in excellent condition. This new bed is a lumpy mess. There is a big lump where the mattress folds on the adjustable frame. I contacted the dealer in Feb. and was told to contact the mattress company, which I did. They told me to contact the dealer's Simmons' rep, which I did. I sent pictures. Was told this lump is normal. I have no lump on the older bed. Contacted the BBB and they contacted Simmons with the same result: NORMAL. A big lump is not normal. I will never buy Beautyrest again. My advice is to stay away. The picture does not do the lump justice.

Original review: March 21, 2018

We purchased a Simmons Beautyrest mattress for $2,354.00 for our seasonal home. After 3 months of sleeping on it there was a sinkhole on one side. I filed a claim with photos and paid a fee for the inspector to come and take care of. They changed the appointment and the inspector quit. I receive a letter stating that they have been unsuccessful in reaching me and they were closing my request for an inspection. It then took several months for a new inspector to come. He put a piece of cardboard on top of the sinkhole and measured (why the cardboard) of course it floats above the deepest part of the hole. I asked the inspector why on my side of the bed when I weigh 105 pounds and not the other that my husband sleeps and he weighs over 200 pounds, he tells me it's body heat not weight.

I then receive a letter stating that it was not covered under warranty that body impressions were considered normal. Fast forward, the mattress now has sinkholes on both sides. and also a bend at the top near the headboard that is almost 2 inches. I called again and still getting a runaround. What a waste of time! Simmons tells me that they only cover unauthorized dealers warranties and the authorized dealers have to cover their own. Don't buy Simmons or any mattress through Mattress Firm! No wonder the bed in a box mattresses are growing. That is what I am considering!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

My advice to everyone is to never purchase a Simmons Beautyrest mattress. They do all they can to not honor their “warranty”. It didn’t take long for the mattress to sag in many places and even has a tear with the actual mattress coming out of it. They would not honor the warranty because I didn’t purchase and use their box spring even though the one I use is adequate support. I was never told this in the store that this would void the warranty either. The mattress is sagging and lumpy everywhere along with having a tear and they still will not honor the warranty. This is the worst money I have ever spent on a mattress and my husband and I have been battling back pain ever since using a Beautyrest mattress. Horrible business practices.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

After going through hell with the delivery service, losing my mattress for a week and not answering my calls, I finally get the mattress set. It cost $750 for a queen set. It was advertised as having all this special pressure-relieving foam on top on the coils. I could tell after sleeping on it 1 night this was not good. The foams were NOT soft. In fact they stayed on hard side until they finally flattened while laying on them to point I could feel that harder layer where the coils start. I complained to the company to no avail. Beware of Beautyrest and their bragging about how comfortable their products are. For $750 I was expecting to get some pain relief. Not pancaking foam and coils. Never will I even look at a Beautyrest or Simmons.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I purchased a Simmons Beautyrest pillow top mattress in 2012. In 2014 we noticed sinking areas and lumping on the mattress. Finally in 2017 I had enough of this awful mattress. January 2018 I completed the warranty claims process only to be refused and told that I did not have the required center support for a queen size set of bedding. Which is a lie. I have a foundation box spring and a very nice supportive bed frame. I will never buy anything from Simmons again.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I purchased a Simmons Beautyrest king mattress and box springs one year ago tomorrow and the mattress has a HORRIBLE lag on one side and has bunched in the middle. I felt confident that if I submitted my claim as told, Mattress Firm would honor the warranty...especially seeing how I have had the mattress less than a year. I took pictures and submitted the claim as required, only to be told that my bed frame is inadequate. I am a bit confused because nothing was told to me at the time of purchase regarding the bed frame voiding the warranty. I spoke with the sales associate at length about the warranty because I wanted to make sure I was making the correct decision regarding my purchase. She told me that not purchasing box springs from Mattress Firm would void the warranty but NEVER did she say anything about the frame.

My bed was brand new at the time the mattress was purchased, so if I had been told I needed an additional frame or a different frame, I would have either made sure the frame I had was correct or not purchased the mattress. I have only been made aware of frame requirements AFTER I submit a warranty claim, which to me is a bad business practice and shows that Mattress Firm really does not honor warranties as they claim. Now, I am stuck with a $1000 mattress that if I roll over too far in the bed has a decline and sag. This is completely unacceptable...and did I mention that I've had the mattress less than a year??? I could understand a lag if the mattress was five or ten years old, but ONE YEAR?? That's CLEARLY a manufacturer defect!!!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

We purchased three (3) Simmons Beautyrest mattresses approximately three years ago. There is a bump in the middle and the sides are sagging. These mattresses are useless. I don't know how we tolerated them this long. They cause pain. Coils stick in your back. I want a full refund of $2,400 and the old mattresses taken away--at no charge to me.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

We bought a Beautyrest Black Reyna Luxury Firm from Macy's. I liked it in the store and the first two nights were great. On the third night I started noticing that it was sunk and no longer supporting the body well. After about a week there were noticeable body impressions, and a hard area in the middle in between. I wake up with body ache and back pain. The support is gone, the quality is terrible. Turns out it's a systemic problem, their quality is just that low. I've read the replies on Twitter and it seems like a lot of people are having the same issues. I will be returning the mattress and never buying Beautyrest/Simmons again.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Spent $1,700 for a Simmons mattress in 2013. It lasted 3 years before folding on both sides (there is a hump in the middle). I contacted Sit and Sleep which sent me to a "neutral party" to analyze my problem. Guess what? There is an apparent stain on the Simmons mattress negating the warranty. So if you want a $1,700 mattress to last 3 years go ahead and purchase a Simmons product (I also bought a reclining Simmons chair that fell apart within 60 days. I got my money back on that one.) Simmons sucks and Sit and Sleep helps. Good riddance to both.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

This was a rather expensive mattress. I've had this mattress less than 6 months. The middle is sagging and killing my back. Done everything I can to get it replaced, to no avail. My son built extra support under the foundation, this didn't help. I'm disabled due to severe back injury caused by stage 4 Lymphoma. It sickens me that the consumer has no recourse when a product is defective. Never will purchase a BEAUTYREST product again.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

In March 2013 we purchased a Simmons Beautyrest mattress, with memory foam, from Jordan's Furniture, Warwick, Rhode Island. The only "memory" that mattress has is returning to its sunken position. Within 6 months from purchase the mattress began to develop deep sinking depressions, from where we sleep. We rotate the mattress several times per year and still have the sinking depressions. I began waking up exhausted with severe back and leg pains each morning. I brought a twin size coil mattress into our room and have been sleeping on it the past three months. No more back pains!

After enduring the Simmons Beautyrest "mattress" for four years I contacted the store we purchased it from, hoping for a remedy. What I received was run-a-run around. I was told by their customer service rep. that our mattress failed because it was "not properly supported." I stated repeatedly that the box spring/foundation was structurally sound and does not deflect nor sag. The issue is a poorly manufactured Simmons mattress. The store added insult to injury informing me that I would be required to pay a $60 Inspection Fee to a third party vendor to inspect the sagging mattress. What a scam! Our previous mattress lasted for over 14 years, and was actually better than this one when we traded it in. Purchasing a Simmons Mattress was a big mistake. The Simmons Beautyrest mattress is a piece of rubbish!! DO NOT PURCHASE A SIMMONS MATTRESS!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

If I could give no stars I would. We bought a Simmons Beautyrest Platinum queen size Katherine mattress this summer. After sleeping on it for a month our backs were killing us seeing how the middle of the mattress sinks in as if the springs were broke down on a adjustable bed or something. After several attempts to contact the manager of Paradise Furniture(who is never there) they finally sent out someone to inspect it. Our mattress also has a warranty and the inspector said that there was something wrong with it however after waiting another month they told us there was nothing wrong with the mattress and gave us a copy of an inspection that contradicted itself and said nothing about the support in the middle. The inspection form they gave us only had the non-weighted inspection part. They said there is nothing wrong with the mattress and therefore will do nothing.

We also contacted Simmons who said if the retailer will not do anything then they cannot do anything either. I do not recommend Paradise Furniture or Simmons Mattresses for this reason. Look at the pictures and tell me that this mattress is normal. Simmons also told me that their mattress should not sink in more than an inch and a half. Apparently I don't know how to measure if this sink in is less than 1 1/2 in.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

Like many others, I have been duped by Simmons Beautyrest mattress warranty. Filed a claim and made it very clear that the issue is with the bed bowing to the middle but the memory foam top hides the depressions making their measuring tool useless. They denied my claim as expected. Why is there not a class action suit against this company? There has to be something we can do.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

Bought this mattress (Beautyrest Recharge) 4 years ago where the price was listed at $1100.00 on sale for $999.00. Since then the center has sunken approx. 2 inches with zero support. The mattress has the consistency of mush. We were told this mattress would last a good 10 years. Within 3 years of purchase we both began having back and neck problems which have progressed to severe and have to literally climb up and out of the mattress when getting out of the bed. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY BUYING THIS MATTRESS! It isn't even near as good as the $200.00 mattress we bought for the spare bedroom, which we are currently sleeping on to help with back pain.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

After a few years we had submitted a claim warranty on our Simmons Beautyrest Lexi Extra Firm mattress to Jordan's Furniture in Reading, Massachusetts. At the time of sale we purchased recommended vendor adders with a total sale of $1,900 to ensure the 10 year warranty would be valid. After a relatively short time our mattress sagged to a depth of 1.75 inches near the edge and 1.25 inches about 10 inches from the edge. After submitting the required photos (partial attachment) to Jordan's with a follow up inspection by an individual from Mattress Marshals, our warranty claim was rejected due to less than required sag measurement and a stain that had nothing to do with the initial claim.

This is extremely frustrating as a consumer since Simmons as a mattress manufacturer falls under the guidance of OSHA which had deemed any size stain, no matter how insignificant (attached), voids the warranty. Jordan's Furniture confirmed their adherence to Simmons' warranty. This behavior appears very similar to the insurance industry which delays, defers, and finally denies consumer claims.

Another fallacy of warranty denial is having a Authorized Inspection by Mattress Marshalls. The inspector in my case used a piece of yarn with washers tied at both ends to measure the drop. I've taken measurement drops on jet engine hardware and the Mattress Marshalls method assures depth of failure measurement each time. Spending 5 minutes on an inspection is ludicrous. Jordan's Furniture uses these methods to ensure the warranty will not be valid. Consumers should be aware of these practices and skeptical of manufacturer and retailer warranties. An informative article on mattress manufacturers warranty may be found at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpYLBixW6AY.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I bought a Simmons Beautyrest mattress five years ago from Ashley Furniture in Wilkes-Barre in April of 2012 and have had terrible neck, shoulder and back pain since. I wake up exhausted. Prior to this purchase I had Serta Perfect Sleeper and it was great; like sleeping on a cloud! I didn't want to part with that mattress but we got rid of our full bed and bought a queen size bed. Do not buy Simmons Beautyrest, it is awful, like sleeping on concrete.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I bought this bed last year and within one year the body indention are so bad It is making me hurt way worse than I was (the reason I bought the bed to begin with.) I am disabled and on a very limited income so I thought I'll buy a good mattress. $1300 once and it'll last me a good 10 years. I'm in way worse pain now and I'm looking at buying another mattress because I'd rather not eat than be in horrible pain everyday. DO NOT BUY THIS MATTRESS!!! IT SHOULD BE AGAINST THE LAW TO SELL A MATTRESS OF THIS LOW QUALITY FOR SO MUCH. The warranty covers an inch and a half indention but mine is right at an inch and I'm already in this much pain! I don't even want to imagine what an inch and a half would feel like!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Bought a Beautyrest Katarina Luxury Firm Queen for well north of 2k from USMattress.com. Well what can I say. Lasted exactly for about a year before it starting sagging like a piece of crap. They rejected warranty based on some theory about compaction. Nothing I can do about it but to throw that and buy a cheap 200 dollar mattress from Amazon. Hoping this will last better than 1 year.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

We bought our Simmons Beautyrest Black label pillow top mattress about 7 yrs ago. We paid about $2500 and was told it was great mattress. About 1-1/2 yrs ago it started sinking in on both sides. Is there any type of compensation we can receive? Not happy at all.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I spent $2,000 on this mattress because I wanted a good night's sleep... I only wake up with pains all over my body because this thing is like sleeping on a rock. Now I am stuck with it because of how expensive it is and I can't afford to get another one. Thanks Simmons!!!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

AFW has always been our favorite furniture store. I like them. However, the Beautyrest mattress we bought, called Shana firm, was awful. In about 3-6 months it started sagging and we spent more money and replaced it in about 2 years. Don't spend your money on a Beauty Rest!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

Buyer beware if you plan to buy a quality mattress! I bought a Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Comfort Top Firm Mattress from Bay Department Store. After more than 1 years, the mattress is already sagging in the middle. It's supposed to be a reasonably expensive mattress and can not hold a person who is about 140 lb. Worst of all, when I try to ask them to repair or exchange. The mattress inspector just falsely filed a report saying there is stain on mattress so to void the warranty. Simmons Beautyrest will just to make up a story just to avoid honoring the warranty claim on the poorly manufactured mattress. Just to share my experience. Buyer BEWARE. BEWARE!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I purchase a mattress in 2013 for 2,000.00 dollars or more it is now. The mattress is sagging a inch and a half and they are telling me that it has to be more that than an inch and a half and I have to wait another 90 days before they will send another person out to measure the mattress. I am appalled with the customer services that we are getting, I want the same service that I got when I was spending my money. They are saying they cannot help me. I need a remedy to this problem. It is very uncomfortable sleeping in a sink hole, if I wanted junk I would of got a mattress for, much less.

Simmons should be ashame of themselves of not standing behind their product. I stated to the rep this was not told me when I was spending my money, she stated to me, it was on the back of the receipt. I advised her that this should be told to the customer when purchasing this mattress not left for someone to have a problem, and then figure that they needed an attorney when purchasing a mattress. Shame on you, Shame on the brand.

Original review: July 30, 2017

We purchased Beautyrest Black Desiree king size mattress from Nebraska Furniture Mart in Dec 2016 for about $2500. It was fine for 2-3 months, and then my husband and I both started having neck/back pain. We both have prior injuries so did not immediately attribute to the mattress. However it became apparent, after sleeping in our spare bedroom off and on (on our other Beautyrest mattress purchased 14 years ago that we still love--clearly the product is not the same), that it was the bed. When I went to take the pictures for filing a warranty claim, I discovered over 1" sinking, a ridge down the middle, stitching coming apart, and several inches of tearing along the seams at the bottom, on both sides. They accepted the claim, but unfortunately our only option is to replace with another Beautyrest.

I have lost all confidence in this product, it strikes me as clearly fraudulent esp for their top of the line model, and we like so many have faced health consequences as a result. I have asked Nebraska Furniture Mart to give us the credit toward another brand--they have said they will contact the Simmons rep but they will not facilitate me communicating with them directly, even through an email or written letter. Both retailers and mattress manufacturers should be held accountable for the products they sell--Simmons says contact the retailer, and the retailer says our hands are tied with Simmons.

Simmons Mattresses expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Simmons has been making mattresses for over 140 years. It offers a wide range of options and has sold over 100 million mattresses. Many of the nation's top hotel chains use Simmons mattresses.​

• Variety: It offers a wide selection of beds in various price ranges, including the Beauty Rest line and the Curv line.

• Warranty: Customers can opt for a warranty covering all defects on any Simmons bed.

• Furniture: In addition to mattresses, it also sells other bedroom furniture, such as headboards and bed frames.

• High quality: Simmons has an upper-end line providing extremely high-quality beds, such as lasting memory foam and BeautyRest options.

• Best for: Simmons mattresses are best for professionals and young adults.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
    Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Simmons Mattresses Company Information