3.71/5

Need a good mattress?

Need a good mattress?

528 Simmons Mattresses Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 17, 2019

I bought my queen mattress from American Furniture Warehouse in February. It started sagging and if you sat on the side it felt like would slide off. Keep in mind this was in May of the same year. I went through American Furniture Warehouse customer support to replace the mattress considering it was barely 3 months old. It took about a month for the whole process to be completed and the end result was the manufacturer (Simmons) would not take it back. The products sold by Simmons are obviously low quality and not worth the money. I will never purchase another mattress of this brand again.

Original review: July 7, 2019

Bought a Simmons king size 25 year warranty mattress from Mattress Firm in 2014. They sold us on how wonderful the warranty was and how dependable their service after sale was. 18 months later the mattress was sagging on both sides. I called Mattress Firm and the girl told me that body impressions weren't covered under warranty.

About another year later we could no longer stand sleeping on the mattress because it caused us so much pain. Visited Mattress Firm again and the sales associate told me that whomever I had spoken with on the phone was incorrect and that I should push forward with a claim, so I did. You download a template that you fold so that it stands vertical to the bed, lay a broomstick in front of the template, take a picture and email it to them. From this they determine if you have a valid claim.

I did not have a valid claim but I did learn that they consider 1 1/2 inches to be a NORMAL body impression AND THAT IT SAYS SO RIGHT ON THE LABEL THAT IS ATTACHED TO THE MATTRESS! This was never pointed out at the time of sale, so buyer beware! Also the plush cushion layer on top is not tufted to the next layer so you really can't get an accurate body impression measurement anyway! My mattress is also mushrooming out on the sides.

My two mistakes were:
      1. Buying from Mattress Firm. I trusted their length of time in business and their word in what and how they sold. They do not stand behind what they sell and become downright rude at times during the claims process! They make you feel as if you are on trial!

2. Trusting the name of Simmons Beautyrest! I trusted them because of their length of time in business and the warranty offered. Everything they make is overpriced times 5!

Lessons learned:
      1. Don't trust based on length of time in business!
      2. Read the fine print. The 25 year warranty is not worth the paper that it is written on because of all of the exclusions!
      3. Paying more does not get you anything extra!

4. Go online to Amazon or Wayfair. Buy a best rated $500 mattress and in a couple of years, get rid of it and get a new one!

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 31, 2019

Crap! Mattress sagging, back in pain after 2 yrs of 10 yr warranty. Bought from Wayfair, won't honor since it's after 1 yr warranty. Working with Simmons. They only offer replacement and you have to pay $85 for shipping. ** company and customer service.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Terrible "Silver" Mattress. We shopped for Beautyrest as we previously owned a Classic from them and loved it for 15 years. We bought our king size silver pillow top from local furniture company. It felt really good in the showroom. Well the mattress delivered had a hump in the middle. We called Beautyrest and they wanted nothing to do with us. Said we needed to go back to where we purchased it, so we did. They had me send picture of mattress and eventually replaced the mattress. Our new one had no visible hump but after we slept on it for a couple weeks we noticed 2 things. While the mattress seemed to break in better, we continued to see it extremely more firm in the center. Almost felt like you were rolling to the side of the bed. Not sure why they decided to make the edge of the bed less firm. If you sit on the edge you almost slide off. Extremely odd.

We have had the mattress for a couple months now and continue to be very dissatisfied and disappointed that Beautyrest made a mattress of this quality. Yes they have more expensive models, but having paid $1300 you would think better results. Having a firm center line makes no sense to us. We probably will have to purchase a new mattress and it wont be a Simmons Beautyrest.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I bought a Simmons Beautyrest mattress, the place I purchased it are forcing me to pay a $99.00 delivery/pickup fee for a defective mattress that they sold. I called Simmons direct to get my mattress replaced due to a 10 year warranty as the place I purchased from offers a 1 year warranty and the mattress I purchased was way past that warranty time frame.

However the store are honoring the warranty by giving me a replacement but minus the $99.00 cost of delivering and pick up of defective mattress. The Simmons company would not allow us to get a credit to use anywhere but store of purchase. It is a disgrace that I am forced to use same company that we purchased mattress from and forced to pay a $99.00 delivery/pick up fee for a defective product they sold by Simmons. We had spent thousands at that store and for them to not waive a $99.00 fee for a defective product they sold is ridiculous. Simmons is a disgrace forcing us to use same store when their products are sold everywhere, no it forces us to pay a high fee to deliver another mattress to replace their defective product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Simmons Mattresses?

Original review: May 9, 2019

After 5 years on a 20 year warranty, the bed has developed a soft spot on one side of the bed only. When no one is laying on the bed, you see no sag. For this reason my claim was denied. When you lay on the area of support and lack of support, it feels like the side of hill and you want to fall out of bed.

Original review: May 6, 2019

My king mattress which has years on the warranty developed an area that has a spring collapsed recently. This is becoming a horrible experience as the Brick submitted the claim and Simmons is saying it is normal wear and tear. The mattress weighs a lot but we rotate it every 2 weeks-month. If you are buying a quality (assumed) product with a company you trust for the product and warranty, there should not be any hassle when and if you have a warranty problem with the item.

I am now laying across the bottom of my bed as my back is hurting from the collapsed area and it’s not like the commercial says “Best sleep is on a Beautyrest”.

Someone needs to step up and honour the warranty. Very disappointed and would not recommend either of these companies because of the way I am being treated!

Original review: April 27, 2019

Bought a Simmons mattress that is only 2 years old (so much for lifetime warranty) has sway back no matter where I lay. I asked about it at the furniture that I had bought it from. They said they no longer sell Simmons Mattresses and I needed to contact the Simmons company. So I did that, found all my paperwork plus proof of purchase. They called and said I needed to take pic to prove my point. I could not hold up the mattress and take a pic so asked them to send someone out. Someone called, made a appt with me to come out and take a look and he never showed up. So when you are given the sales pitch you might want to ask who is actually going to back this if something goes wrong.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Although we have experienced very good comfort and durability with past "Blacks", - I like a extremely firm mattress - the one we bought a year ago is not up to standards. I am now looking for a true latex foam mattress. As far as warranty - all mattress warranties are unfunny jokes.

Original review: April 10, 2019

If you want to feel unworthy of spending your hard cash go ahead and make a purchase. If you want to feel like you're sleeping in a hole and to call the company and they say to you that comfort is not a part of the warranty then Simmons is the perfect place. I have never felt treated so unfairly in dealing with any company about my concerns. Very dissatisfied and this is not my first purchase this is the 4th mattress for 4 different beds and the one I am having an issue with Simmons or Ashley refuse to replace for me. This will definitely be the last and I will never recommend this brand. Thanks for nothing.

Original review: March 13, 2019

We bought the Simmons Beautyrest Imperial Collection Sublime Mattress in Reddeer AB Canada. This mattress we bought in Nov 2017 and it was firm and now it is not. We have it not even 1.5 years old. We are not happy with it at all.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I purchased my mattress in September of 2017. By January 2018 the right side of my mattress pillow top started to shift. I didn’t think anything of it as it wasn’t that bad at the time. Fast forward a little over a year, and the entire right side of my mattress has shifted and is literally hanging over the bed. I went on the the mattress firm website to file a claim, and within two days it was dismissed. Simmons, mattress firm deemed my mattress as “unsanitary” for have 1 dirt scuff on the ledge of the mattress caused by my movers. They’re refusing to replace it. I currently have a BBA claim and have contacted an attorney to file. BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

We bought a Simmons Comforpedic memory foam queen mattress for over $2500. The warranty on the label on their mattress indicated that it's for 25 years. However I started having bad back pains after 6 years of mattress use. Upon checking the mattress we found it has a sag of more than 0.75 inches which is one of the requirements for filing a warranty claim. We are using the solid platform box spring as per the warranty requirement. There are no deformations or sag on the box spring. One of the warranty requirements is that the wooden frame should have 5 slats with 3 slats having center support, along with top, bottom and side supports. Our frame matches all that except it has 4 slats with all 4 having a center support.

For this particular reason they will not be honoring the warranty, and say the warranty is void. The frame is a very solid frame and has top, bottom and side supports along with 4 slats and each having a center support. I don't think the sag in the mattress has anything to do with frame not being adequate and there is absolutely no sag in the platform box spring which is very solid. However customers should be very careful in reading the warranty requirements before buying/using such products. Such subpar companies would do anything to save themselves from having to pay any warranty claims.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I bought this mattress thru US Mattress and within 60 days it began to sag on the side. I called Simmons who decided that I needed to complete a 5 page warranty and lift the mattress. I told her I had 2 stomach surgeries and could not do it. She still insists on doing the paperwork. The mattress is sagging and my back is killing me but they don't care. They have no inspectors in my area. This mattress was made on 10/01/18. Sad.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

We purchased the mattress in early Oct 2018. Arrived Oct 30 2018. Within 10 days we felt like we were sleeping in holes. We contacted the seller and they stated give it 30 days. On Nov 30th we called again and stated we needed a new mattress. They stated, "Your 10 yr warranty is with Simmons Beautyrest. Please contact them" and gave us a number. We called and were given paperwork and a lot of hoops to jump through. The mattress had been on a solid foundation until 12-29-2018 when we moved it to a new bed. Simmons said they are voiding our ten year warranty because the bed only has 3 slats instead of 5. Bed broke down before it was put on brand new Ashley bed. Please be aware of your purchase and the company you are dealing with.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Mid-November I bought a Beautyrest mattress from Mattress Firm. Very helpful salesman. I've had this product for 6 weeks now, my horrible neck and headaches have been reduced by 80%. I've never in my life slept so comfortably. Thank you Mattress Firm and Simmons.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Beautyrest Recharge 1000 Plush was purchased in 2014. Within three years one side gave out on the mattress. You cannot sit on the edge without sliding off or feel like your sinking in a hole. There is also lots of sagging near this area. Tried putting in for the warranty. Sleep Train (Mattress Firm) said our warranty was not valid due to improper bed frame support. No way this caused the problem. We have a hardwood bed frame. The side where the mattress failed is directly below the bed frame. Don't buy Simmons.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

We purchased a Simmons Beautyrest Harper Plush King size mattress about 6 months ago from Raymour & Flanigan. It's already sagging and giving us back pains and the worst part is we used the financing, so we're still paying for it. What a terrible product. It's obvious their product is junk. Pure waste of money. Apparently, the only options I have are to try the warranty and get the exact crap mattress or throw it away & get a cheap mattress, since I can't sleep right on this. Somebody needs to start a lawsuit against them, the amount of complaints is ridiculous.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

We purchased the high-priced Simmons Black Natasha King mattress a year ago from the largest furniture dealer in Oklahoma City and they have suddenly discontinued sales of Simmons brand without warning. When I called to inquire about a Warranty, they gave me the incorrect number for Simmons and washed their hands of the return. About a foot and a half of the top corner of the mattress looks like it has been permanently crushed towards the floor which makes sleeping extremely uncomfortable. Also, the mattress itself still has not broken in after a year of sleeping on it.

For the price paid, we are unsatisfied. We have had alright luck in the past with lower priced Simmons bedding but not this time. Since the store will no longer honor a Simmons Warranty, after speaking with Simmons customer service, I learned that Simmons will only offer a replacement and not a full refund or even a partial refund if you go down to a coil/pillow top and away from memory foam. This is frustrating seeing as how we do not want the same terrible mattress experience that we had before. If we go down in price, the price difference is just lost.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I bought a Beautyrest Silver Linder Cay queen mattress in October. The first night it was not exactly like sleeping on a cloud. The second night I was still undecided about it. The third night I felt the lumps, it was hard and lumpy. I bought it through Evine.com, and if you call to return it anywhere within 30 days you get a full refund. After 7 days I called to return it. I consider myself lucky that I hated the mattress so soon, rather than wait past 30 days and be stuck. The Simmons warranty is an obvious scam. They should tell you before you buy that if your frame doesn't have enough slats or that you don't have legs going down the middle of your bed (who has that?), those points would void the entire warranty.

It took a few weeks for the pick up to happen. My back was killing me each morning, so I came up with a good idea. I have an old, plush sleeping bag, which I folded in half the long way. I put that on top of the hideous Beautyrest mattress and slept on that. That took care of most of the pain until they could pick up the mattress. I have read several reviews here where people with bad backs are stuck sleeping on this garbage mattress. Please, get a thick mattress topper to take away the pain until you can get a different mattress.

Oh…and don't be victims. Print out the latest pages (or all) of these reviews and take them to an attorney. Ask if they will work pro bono (free) until they can get some sort of justice for all of you in a class action lawsuit. Please be aware that Serta is the same company as Simmons. According to their Wiki page, "In 2012, Simmons and its sister company Serta International were acquired by American private equity company Advent International."

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I purchased a Beautyrest Silver Waterscape mattress from Macy’s. My daughter sleeps in this bed, and she is 60 lbs. The edge of the mattress has completely given out. It collapses when you sit on the edge, and you literally sink and roll off the edge. I didn’t find these reviews until after this happened, and I thought I should search bad reviews related to Beautyrest mattresses. Looks like a lot of people have had this same issue, unfortunately. Someone is coming to assess the mattress this coming week. We have a good box spring and a very nice bed with 5 support slats, so it’s obvious - especially with all of the other complaints about this same issue - that Simmons has a problem with the foam and defective construction of their mattresses.

I will be asking for a full refund. I have a Serra Perfect Sleeper that is still amazing after 27 years. This is exactly why I have kept this mattress. The new mattresses seem full of foam and cheaper material. Thank you for all of the reviews. I will show them to the rep who comes out to assess this mattress. I’m glad I purchased on sale and did not buy the extended warranty. Mattress covered under manufacturers warranty, so we’ll see whether Simmons will honor their warranty and do what’s right. Obviously bad construction. I will not accept a replacement.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

It's a totally a huge mistake to buy the Beautyrest - extreme firm mattress, the mattress was sink after a month (even extreme firm), I should have checked up this website before I bought it. My last mattress was Slumberland and it's last for 10 yrs...

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Purchased a king size Simmons Beautyrest set from MACY’s in March 2017 and was assured by the Macy’s sales person that with the purchase of the WorryNoMore protection plan I would not have to worry if body depressions or other issues showed up that the mattress would be replaced. Just over a year into having the mattress the body depressions started showing up. I finally contacted Macy’s and they sent out a technician and based on the yardstick like measuring device they determined there was no problem. I have shown the picture of that mattress to many people at Macy’s and there is an obvious problem but MACY’s MANAGEMENT WILL NOT DO WHAT’S RIGHT. They are taking advantage of their customers and outright lying to them about the protection plan. I’ve read other comments similar to mine and the Simmons company is selling a defective product and Macy’s supports them.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Bought a Simmons mattress about 2 years ago. About a year into it the mattress starting sagging in the middle, getting lumps, and the whole mattress leaned to one side. Okay??? So we call Simmons and they send a third party tech out to take pics and whatever. Simmons contacts us a few day later and says that the mattress is bad so they are going to give us a new one for free, but you have to pay for the shipping cost $85. Okay not too bad. They had some people deliver our mattress that was very unprofessional, they were supposed to take the old mattress but didn't, they also gave us no paperwork or anything confirming receipt of the mattress. A year into the new mattress same exact thing happening again. This time Simmons said they won't cover this mattress because we only had 4 slates on our frame. We will never buy from Simmons again, biggest waste of time and money.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

My last 4 mattresses have been defective! They were by Serta, Simmons and Beautyrest. All the same company. Macy's refunded all four mattresses. Please contact me if you are interested in joining a class action suit. THIS MUST BE EXPOSED!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

We bought the top of the line mattress which was super comfortable in the store. The bed that was delivered moments ago, however, is not only extremely lumpy but appears to have two low sleeping spots, just like my old mattress with a high spot in between. It's as if they threw padding on used springs and dressed it up all pretty. The mattress was apparently stored on its side so the inner padding bunched up on one side. If I could add a picture you would be able to see the HUGE lump on the left side. It's inches higher than the rest of the mattress. You would NEVER believe that this is a BRAND NEW mattress. The low spots are more difficult to detect.

The manufacture date on the label is 9/12/18 so apparently it's brand new... But, if I wanted a lumpy mattress with pre-set low spots I would have kept my old mattress - which I have been trying to have returned to me since they pulled out of the driveway this morning. UPDATE: well it appears that my old mattress is just "gone". BEWARE of the quality and customer service. THESE PEOPLE DON'T CARE.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

$300+ to get some better sleep after getting ripped off by Mattress Firm in 2015. Seemed fine for a while, but then the sinking began. First it was some parts of the mattress. Did everything, flipping it around, everything they told me to but it continued to sink. The sinking is so bad that I cannot sleep on this disaster anymore. I purchased the item in October of 2017 and it's September of 2018. The thing at the rate it's going should have been replaced months ago. As for the warranty they market, forget it. These are set up to make the warranty void. Companies like Simmons should be shut down for the pain and suffering they put on people. They rake in money, but their products are pure garbage and they do not back these products up. I've lost more days due to bad sleep because of Simmons and I will never get them back.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

We bought this bed and a new support base in 2017. It was nice at first, comfortable. Stayed that way until the 120-day trial expired. Then it seemed that overnight the pillow top disappeared and the mattress is sagging terribly. It has sloped to the edges with a hump in the center. Not a problem if you don't like your spouse, but a struggle to not fall on the floor. RC Willey of SLC said it isn't bad enough body impressions and it's made to conform to your body. Isn't memory foam supposed to return to new? Yes It's Junk. Do not buy, you get No help after sale, no actual person. No picture of a bed is going to show you the pain we have and lack of rest we're getting.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

After 28 years, we purchased a brand new $1800 Simmons Platinum Firm Beautyrest mattress. We were told that our existing box spring was fine. We have gone through two new mattresses. Both immediately sagged on the sides. Neither my husband or I are large or overweight. Both of us are now experiencing neck, back and shoulder issues because of this mattress defect. I also noticed that the tag that came on the mattress with the warranty info has a different name than the sewed in tag. We purchased this mattress through CFS, a fundraising event at our local high school. So far they have honored the warranty and replaced the mattress. I hope the second time is easy, but after reading these reviews, it seems that every mattress of this type is defective. It’s not memory foam either.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I bought a $2899 Beautyrest Black mattress from US Mattress last September 2017. I found the pillow top was detached this February 2018. Simmons sent a inspector to see the mattress. And the inspector teared the pillow top and told me this is really common, he will report it. He also kneeled on the mattress to check the sink problem. Then he lifted the mattress and checked the support, he told me the support is very strong. However, Simmons refused to change or fix my mattress because the support is inadequate. It's a $2899 mattress and we just sleep on it for half a year. I will not recommend any friends purchasing a Simmons mattress.

Simmons Mattresses expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Simmons has been making mattresses for over 140 years. It offers a wide range of options and has sold over 100 million mattresses. Many of the nation's top hotel chains use Simmons mattresses.​

• Variety: It offers a wide selection of beds in various price ranges, including the Beauty Rest line and the Curv line.

• Warranty: Customers can opt for a warranty covering all defects on any Simmons bed.

• Furniture: In addition to mattresses, it also sells other bedroom furniture, such as headboards and bed frames.

• High quality: Simmons has an upper-end line providing extremely high-quality beds, such as lasting memory foam and BeautyRest options.

• Best for: Simmons mattresses are best for professionals and young adults.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
      Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Simmons Mattresses Company Information