1.85/5
Based on 50 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a good mattress?

499 Simmons Mattresses Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 17, 2018

I bought a $2899 Beautyrest Black mattress from US Mattress last September 2017. I found the pillow top was detached this February 2018. Simmons sent a inspector to see the mattress. And the inspector teared the pillow top and told me this is really common, he will report it. He also kneeled on the mattress to check the sink problem. Then he lifted the mattress and checked the support, he told me the support is very strong. However, Simmons refused to change or fix my mattress because the support is inadequate. It's a $2899 mattress and we just sleep on it for half a year. I will not recommend any friends purchasing a Simmons mattress.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Very dissatisfied. Our King size Mattress was replaced by Simmons Canada in Dec. 2013. Not even 2 years went by, our 25 years warranty/15 years replacement mattress started to sag. We called Simmons about it and they did send an inspector to inspect the mattress. After the inspector finished inspecting the mattress and the box spring, his exact words were, that people like him and I are on the heavy side and these mattress wear off is normal, but was told to keep an eye on it and if the mattress gets any worth's to call Simmons back,

In March of 2018 I called Simmons Customer Service. They went from offering me to replace the mattress, if we were willing to purchase a set of new box spring and pay for delivery charges, to telling me that our mattress was out of warranty, ( 1 ) because the box spring didn't match ( 2 ) didn't have a bill of sale ( 3 ) an a bunch of other excuses. How can a company sell a product and don't stand behind their product. A 25 years warranty/15 years replacement product, should not have to be replace in less than 5 years.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 10, 2018

I purchased a Simmons Beautyrest mattress and ever since have had one problem after the other. The first problem was that the combination of box spring and mattress was too high on my bed. I voiced my concern to the salesman but he assured me that there would be no problem! They replaced the box spring with a bungy (sic) board. I now wake up every morning with a backache and the firmness of the mattress is slowly seeping away to the point that it is sagging in the middle. I have only had the mattress for six-weeks! Buyer beware. These mattresses are either defective or poorly constructed. Either way PLEASE DO NOT BUY this mattress as you will surely be disappointed every morning!

Original review: June 19, 2018

I purchased this mattress (Simmons Beautyrest Platinum) from Star Furniture in Houston Texas. The first one I had for 6 months. At the top of the mattress it developed a deep dip. My neck and shoulders were killing me. Called Star salesperson and she told me to contact their customer service dept. They sent someone out, they said it was defective, took it back, went back to Star and picked out the updated version of this mattress. The salesperson told me they knew this mattress was defective so they changed it to this version. After 3 months same problem. They sent someone out again and he told me it was because I did not have the proper frame and support. Bought new frame and supports, spent 189 and 100 to have it installed. The dip appeared again.

They sent an independent company to inspect the mattress this time. He took the bed completely apart and measured, took pictures, etc. Told me it was defective and had a ten year warranty. Star contacted me today and said it did not meet the defective guidelines. The dip only measured 1 1/2 inches and it had to be 1 3/4 inches in order to be defective and to wait about 3 months and call them back to reinspect the mattress. In the meantime my neck and shoulders are killing me. I do not look for anyone to do anything about this mattress. This is a very large furniture store in Houston that my entire family has shopped at the years. I do believe they are more of a problem than Simmons. Done with Simmons and Star. Do not purchase this mattress. The inspector told me he has inspected many and they are all defective.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I bought this during the Mattress day Sale. Issue 1: It came a bit slouchy in the middle but I figured it would get all right once kept on a bed. I have kept it on a brand new Frame bed, then I have shifted it on a box spring and now on a combination of both. It still sags in the middle. This makes me think that it's a defective piece. Issue 2: This is way softer than what the Spec says and I wake up with a pain in my middle and lower back everyday. I am sleeping on my couch every alternate day to be functional. I am still under the 120 day warranty and would like to replace it. I provided a review to the site, but they didn't surface it. I submitted a 120 Night In-Home Trial questionnaire but no one has responded to it either. My warranty runs out in 3 more days (bought on 2/20), and I am supremely disappointed by this treatment. Thanks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Simmons Mattresses?

Original review: June 8, 2018

Firm mattress that holds up well. My wife and I noticed the difference right away from our previous mattress. Very comfortable. Price was very reasonable too. Always a good night's sleep.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I loved going to bed when bought. After 8 years, back muscles spastic. It is a pillow top, but you can't flip them any longer reducing life of mattress. Looks brand new, but a night's sleep no longer there.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I was looking and laying on mattresses trying to find the softness I needed, Simmons was the 3rd one I laid on and just loved it. My back said yes, my body said this is the one. I said, “When can you deliver it.”

Original review: June 5, 2018

Our Heavenly Bed mattress is almost 9 years old and is just as comfortable as it was when we first bought it! It feels so welcoming every time we get into bed. Like a cozy comforter!

Original review: June 4, 2018

Normally I love the Simmons brand but this choice was not a good one. I would never buy another mattress that does not have the capability to flip from one side to another no matter the brand. That mattress is less than 5 years old and is most uncomfortable. My sofa is more comfortable than my mattress.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Beautyrest is a very high quality product that comes in numerous styles and firmness options that cover a wide-range of sleeping needs. The Beautyrest brand is durable and comfortable. You can see the high level of workmanship in the product compared to other mattresses. The Beautyrest brand has endured many years in the market and this is a testament to their expertise in creating high quality products that endure.

Original review: June 1, 2018

First they delivered the wrong one and we thought we had no choice. It was horrible. 5 times we made a complaint. 5 times they came out. Let us know it wouldn't do us any good to keep calling. 1300.00 for a dud of a mattress, that they would not honor a 10 year warranty. We only had it for 1 1/2 years. Tell people to double check the store's reputation also.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I saved for a long time to buy a top quality mattresses. I purchased a Simmons Beautyrest Mattress through Evine shopping network. Never received a copy of the warranty after requesting it 3 times. Within 2 months the mattress was lumpy, sagging and very uncomfortable. I contacted the warranty company in Sumner, Washington. They took 2 months to send a rep out who took pictures and inspected the mattress. The inspector said Simmons would get back to me within 7 days. 14 days later I received an email that said they would not honor the warranty because the frame was not suitable. I talked to several reps and told them that I asked upon purchase about frames and they said my frame was fine especially since I purchased the box spring as well.

Final outcome I contacted the Better Business Bureau and the main Beautyrest company in Georgia said they did not have to honor the warranty even though the local office said the bed frame was just fine because they were making the decision. When I contacted Evine shopping network and told them what was going on, the customer service rep said they would review the issue and get back to me. After paying a sales price of $700 for a $1200 mattress, they issued me a $20 credit on my next purchase. Being a senior citizen money is tight and I am stuck with the worse mattress I have ever had. Shame on Simmons and Evine. I will never do business with either one of these companies. Horrible Costly mistake!!! Do not buy Beautyrest.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I have Beautyrest brand and had for a years now. Very firm and sturdy. It's comfortable and easy to sleep on. But my mattress set is worn down and I'm in need of another.

Original review: May 30, 2018

We bought a brand new Simmons mattress black label from Macy's the total cost was $3,115.34. I spent $2,309 mattress, $240.00 per box and $158.00 for the worry no more warranty that is worth nothing plus $167.34 tax total = $3,115.34. I am disappointed that this mattress is breaking down after 5 years of use and the company was unwilling to do anything. We have had countless nights of sleep because of this set. We are by no means, overweight or large people. I find this very unacceptable after paying this amount for this brand. All I wanted to do was exchange for something firmer.

This mattress is making it hard for us to sleep. However, if you lie on it, it pretty much completely depresses. After the first year we slept on it this mattress it has steadily declined in comfort and firmness. It is now sinking so badly at hip level, that it provides no support at all. They put all sorts of gels and foams in the mattress which actually makes them worse. They are selling cheaper products for more money. The handle popped while we were turning the mattress and the bottom is coming apart.

We can no longer tolerate sleeping in it. At first I thought it was just my back, but having slept in a hotel a few nights a couple of times while traveling and waking up with no pain, I am confident that it's definitely this mattress. I simply am writing this review to warn others. I purchased a new Sealy King Firm instead and will donate this mattress to the Salvation Army. They will never get any money from me and I will post this everywhere. Simmons could have helped me but you did so much more by doing zilch. BUYER BEWARE OF PILLOW TOPS BY THE SIMMONS MANUFACTURE.

Original review: May 30, 2018

My doctor recommended a softer mattress than the one I'd been using - I now have a "medium" pillow top which I find just right for me. My only complaint is that it is not reversible - all I can do is rotate it 180 degrees.

Original review: May 27, 2018

Simmons Beauty Rest does not hold shape. After about 1-year the mattress became uneven and lumpy. I would never purchase nor recommend Simmons mattresses to anyone.

Original review: May 26, 2018

The mattress is quite old now and needs to be replaced but overall very nice and has held up over the years. There are no tears or stains and looks just as nice as it did when delivered.

Original review: May 25, 2018

This was sold as a premium mattress and was expensive. Within months it had collapsed on either side where we sleep with a clearly visible "hill" in the center. We complained to the selling store, Hudson's. They sent techs out to measure the height difference twice in the first year. It was never enough they said. Our back pain tells us it is way too much. The mattress is way too soft and offers no support. When we sleep at my brother-in-law's on a very hard bed we have no back pain in the morning. Our Beautyrest Platinum is absolute junk. And, neither retailer nor manufacturer will stand behind it.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Sagging very bad from first week. Company replaced but second doing same thing. This was purchased from Macy's and I feel that this was an inferior item.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Faulty Beautyrest Silver Mattress - Unbelievable. I saved up to buy a new queen mattress, and was sold this model by Ashley furniture. I purchased a brand new box spring as well. I am a 125 lb female, and after about 60 days this bed had a significant dip/valley from where I slept. I have severe back and hip pain for the first time in my life. I literally crawl out of a ditch every morning to get out of this bed. Of course Ashely points to Simmons and Simmons points to Ashley. It’s a disgusting, unacceptable, customer service nightmare. I want to haul this thing out to the curb, and will be buying a new mattress soon. It’s such a shame that large companies will continue to misrepresent their products and defraud hard working consumers. Gross. If anyone has luck getting a refund, I’d love to know more about the process.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Bought in 2013 with a 20-year warranty. Had it delivered with WHITE GLOVE service. Mattress sags. Contacted Simmons and they sent an inspector. Yes the mattress sags. Claim was denied because the bed only had 3 slats not 5. WTF? No one told me when I purchased it (GROUPON) that I needed two more slats. This is a just a way for Simmons to screw the consumer and cut costs. Boycott SIMMONS.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Purchased a new home and bought new furniture and a new Mattress only 16 months ago. The Mattress was giving us very bad back pain. We notice a lump in the middle and called Rooms To Go and let them know. They sent down someone to look at it and he said it was off an inch on each side and they will call us back to tell us what they can do on this problem. Well we had to call them back. They never called us. Then they told us we can only do a return if it is a 1 and a 1/2 inch off so we need to see if it will go down more in 30 days. This is a waste of money and pain in my body and both companies I will never buy from again. I paid 800 for the mattress only because I have a bedroom that has a bunkie board. No foundation needed. I have a Serta that is over 7 years in a spare room and will be sleeping on that. I will be buying another mattress but only Serta. Buyer beware of Rooms To Go and Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Forest Park mattress.

Original review: April 24, 2018

On 03/03/2018 I purchased a new Queen Simmons Silver product at Broward Discount Mattress store 1925 Banks Road Margate, Fl. 33063 (rep. **) 954-366-4180. My delivery was the following week. After 3 weeks I noticed my back was in a hunched posture and painful to my back.The mattress was also sagging where I had been sleeping. I immediately notified this condition to Broward Discount as to the problem. I was informed there was nothing they could do and was advised to call the company. I called Simmons, they replied I would need to call the store of my purchase. After going back and forth, Simmons requested the tag number on my mattress and finally gave me a Claim number **.

I was then contacted by Bed Chek (301) 960-4626. They sent an inspector to my house. A week later Simmons informed that they would not honor my warranty due to my box spring was a Serta saying it is not conformed to my new mattress. My box spring (Queen Size) is not broken in any way. All the wood is strong, not warped and in place. If I needed a new box spring for that particular mattress common sense I would have purchased a new one also. I was never advised I needed to match the same brand box spring. In fact, I never heard of that. Simmons findings are completely unacceptable by using the box spring as an excuse. I can’t believe a mattress can go bad after 3 weeks and then Simmons has the audacity to advertise a ten-year warranty to boot. I would like a total refund, so I can find a quality mattress, or a new one that they have with better quality.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I owned 2 Simmons ** mattress and they all gave me health problems since owning them! I bought the cheapest Simmons Recharge to the highest brand Hybrid Black Diamond! THEY ALL EXTREMELY TOXIC, MY BIRD DIES 3 days after purchase of OFF GASING TOXIC waste all over my house. My head keeps spinning and started have vertigo attacks after couple of days. They SECRETLY work with world order to kill you faster as ALL NEW BED contains all the TOXIC cancerous agents possible in existence and spray it all over inside the mattress. HELLO, when will people wake up here and take them to court! They have all lots of money, they deserve to. Since I change to a all natural IKEA bed, all PROBLEMS disappeared! THOSE BEDS ARE TO BE DESTROYED! I WARNED YOU!

Original review: April 9, 2018

Purchased Simmons Beautyrest Platinum queen mattress and my back is killing me because of this mattress. I hate it and I feel like it's a complete rip-off. It is a total loss of money for me. I can't believe you would even sell this piece of crap.

Original review: April 8, 2018

My parents and I have always bought Beautyrest mattresses and considered them very good. I bought a queen size Beautyrest Jan 2018 with an adjustable frame. Eight years ago I bought the same setup and the bed is still in excellent condition. This new bed is a lumpy mess. There is a big lump where the mattress folds on the adjustable frame. I contacted the dealer in Feb. and was told to contact the mattress company, which I did. They told me to contact the dealer's Simmons' rep, which I did. I sent pictures. Was told this lump is normal. I have no lump on the older bed. Contacted the BBB and they contacted Simmons with the same result: NORMAL. A big lump is not normal. I will never buy Beautyrest again. My advice is to stay away. The picture does not do the lump justice.

Original review: March 21, 2018

We purchased a Simmons Beautyrest mattress for $2,354.00 for our seasonal home. After 3 months of sleeping on it there was a sinkhole on one side. I filed a claim with photos and paid a fee for the inspector to come and take care of. They changed the appointment and the inspector quit. I receive a letter stating that they have been unsuccessful in reaching me and they were closing my request for an inspection. It then took several months for a new inspector to come. He put a piece of cardboard on top of the sinkhole and measured (why the cardboard) of course it floats above the deepest part of the hole. I asked the inspector why on my side of the bed when I weigh 105 pounds and not the other that my husband sleeps and he weighs over 200 pounds, he tells me it's body heat not weight.

I then receive a letter stating that it was not covered under warranty that body impressions were considered normal. Fast forward, the mattress now has sinkholes on both sides. and also a bend at the top near the headboard that is almost 2 inches. I called again and still getting a runaround. What a waste of time! Simmons tells me that they only cover unauthorized dealers warranties and the authorized dealers have to cover their own. Don't buy Simmons or any mattress through Mattress Firm! No wonder the bed in a box mattresses are growing. That is what I am considering!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

My advice to everyone is to never purchase a Simmons Beautyrest mattress. They do all they can to not honor their “warranty”. It didn’t take long for the mattress to sag in many places and even has a tear with the actual mattress coming out of it. They would not honor the warranty because I didn’t purchase and use their box spring even though the one I use is adequate support. I was never told this in the store that this would void the warranty either. The mattress is sagging and lumpy everywhere along with having a tear and they still will not honor the warranty. This is the worst money I have ever spent on a mattress and my husband and I have been battling back pain ever since using a Beautyrest mattress. Horrible business practices.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

After going through hell with the delivery service, losing my mattress for a week and not answering my calls, I finally get the mattress set. It cost $750 for a queen set. It was advertised as having all this special pressure-relieving foam on top on the coils. I could tell after sleeping on it 1 night this was not good. The foams were NOT soft. In fact they stayed on hard side until they finally flattened while laying on them to point I could feel that harder layer where the coils start. I complained to the company to no avail. Beware of Beautyrest and their bragging about how comfortable their products are. For $750 I was expecting to get some pain relief. Not pancaking foam and coils. Never will I even look at a Beautyrest or Simmons.

Simmons Mattresses expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Simmons has been making mattresses for over 140 years. It offers a wide range of options and has sold over 100 million mattresses. Many of the nation's top hotel chains use Simmons mattresses.​

• Variety: It offers a wide selection of beds in various price ranges, including the Beauty Rest line and the Curv line.

• Warranty: Customers can opt for a warranty covering all defects on any Simmons bed.

• Furniture: In addition to mattresses, it also sells other bedroom furniture, such as headboards and bed frames.

• High quality: Simmons has an upper-end line providing extremely high-quality beds, such as lasting memory foam and BeautyRest options.

• Best for: Simmons mattresses are best for professionals and young adults.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
    Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Simmons Mattresses Company Information