Simmons Mattresses

Compare Mattresses

Research top Mattresses recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought my mattress from you 2 years ago. It has a 10 year warranty. Within a year it started to 'dip' where I slept. So I turned my mattress. I called to ask for warranty help and was turned over to their 'warranty company'. They charged me $24.95 to file a claim. Now it is completely warped, but NOT ENOUGH for them. I have pictures showing all the inches it is broken. In fact last week I was in the doctor's office getting a steroid shot and medication after my neck/back locked up from my bed. I will never buy a Beautyrest again. This company doesn't care about their products or honor warranties.

We bought this mattress 2.5 years ago for $1500 because we wanted a very firm mattress that we were assured would not become compressed. Less than a year later, we ended up turning it around because already it was compressed to the shape of our bodies. That lasted about a year more before the most comfortable areas of the mattress were in the middle and on the edge.

Simmons warranty department rejected our request to replace it because: "As with other beds of this type, the thicker and more luxurious the filling materials, the more susceptible they are to compaction. Please note that this should not be considered a defect. The mattress is contouring to the shape of your body." It is exactly what we were told would not happen. I will never buy another Simmons mattress again and would encourage anyone else in the market for a mattress NOT TO BUY A SIMMONS. They have HORRIBLE customer service and even less reliable products.

Purchased a $1,500 mattress with a 10 yr factory warranty, 4 yrs ago and it is now unsleepable... causing back issues for both of us. Still waiting for 2 months just to get someone to check a bed out. Even after daily calls to Simmons and Bed Chek... I receive no return calls. THIS IS NOT A REAL WARRANTY IF ALL THEY DO IS DELAY, DELAY, DELAY!!! Where are the folks that are supposed to protect the consumer? OFFERING A WARRANTY that Simmons has no intention of honoring is fraud.

WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT BUY A SIMMONS MATTRESS!!! I'm assuming this goes for anybody that sell Simmons but I purchased mine from Sleepy's. We purchased our mattress on 11/4/14 for a total of $900. Now just over two years later the entire side of the mattress is caving in. It has been getting progressively worse over the past couple months and now it is to the points where it's about to fall apart. We didn't abuse the mattress, we didn't jump on it or set it on an improper frame, nor are we heavy people, it just fell apart due to normal everyday use. Just two year later the entire side of the mattress is collapsing. You would think, no big deal I'm sure my warranty will cover that. WRONG!!! Since we slept on the mattress for two years and didn't pay extra to buy a mattress protector our warranty is voided.

I'm sorry but a warranty is meant to protect consumers from manufacturer's defect of a product when used under normal operating conditions. There is not and nor should there be ANY expectation to have to pay extra money to keep your warranty valid when it is used under normal conditions. That on top of nobody ever telling me I even needed a mattress protector has me absolutely infuriated. This is just a cop-out and a loophole that Simmons has built into their warranty to make it so they can claim any warranty length they want and not have to follow through on claims.

Stay away from SIMMONS!!! I have come to learn that they make poorly manufactured product that fall apart after only two years and refuse to follow through on their warranty promises due to purely asinine and absolutely unrelated issues that happen to absolutely every mattress ever made unless you pay extra money for it not to happen. I will NEVER purchase another SIMMONS and I will NEVER purchase another product from Sleepy's for not telling me about Simmon's asinine warranty policies.

I bought the Alcove Hybrid Plush Mattress because I was having back issues and thought a new mattress would help. After spending more than a thousand dollars on what I believed would be a good mattress, it turns out the mattress exacerbated the problem. For months I suffered with extreme back pain, and only recently did the pain start improving. Why? Because I went away and slept on more traditional mattresses. Assuming that it could not have been that easy, I went and realized lying down on the bed made my back hurt. It is too bad that I was already suffering from back pain from a sport injury when I got the mattress, otherwise I would have noticed long ago. I missed the 100 Nights of Happiness Guarantee. I am sure that people that have strong backs can handle this mattress, but if you need back support when you sleep DO NOT GET THIS MATTRESS.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Simmons Mattresses?

Sleep has been anything but a "Beauty-rest"!!! We purchased our Simmons Beautyrest (Black) "Natasha" Pillow Top mattress approximately 9 months ago. We initially went with a memory foam product but found it was too soft and I needed a firmer support so the salesperson at The Bed Store (Knoxville TN) suggested this Simmons product in exchange. We did try three different types of Simmons "Black" on their floor and decided based on the floor model this would be the best option for our needs. The new bed was delivered and the experience goes downhill from there.

The bed initially was firmer and seemed like the right fit for us. However, as I have been told, and read, memory foam takes about 30 days to "break in". Now mind you, when we purchased this bed we were told it was a hybrid - springs with a memory foam topper - and assured the support and firmness we needed would come from the springs... Much like the pillow top mattress we had prior to purchasing this one. Within 30 days the memory foam did in fact "break in" and has continued to break down since. We both currently are sleeping in holes where the foam has broken down while there is a hump in the middle between us. Not at all what I expected from a $3000.00 bed!!! So completely disappointed!!!

I have read the other reviews of other Simmons mattresses with the exact same issues... And I did learn through bed shopping that every retailer has their own "Name" for the Simmons product (ie: mine is "Natasha", but the same bed could have another name depending on where it is purchased)... All the reviews speak of sagging holes where the person sleeps and a hump in the middle of the bed between the two sleepers. Seems to me this is an manufacturing issues that Simmons needs to be held accountable for!

I intentionally spent the extra money when purchasing a bed because of having to live with the pain fibromyalgia... I have also recently been diagnosed with arthritis in my back as a result of a car accident I was in my 20's (I'm currently 40ish). That being said, sleep is very important to me and so is finding just the right amount of support for my needs. However, now I have ongoing every week to two week appointments with my Chiropractor for adjustments to realign my spine and hips after sleeping in the bed... At $80.00 a visit! So not only did I purchase an expensive bed that is causing me undue pain and discomfort, I also have to pay to be physically well after sleeping in it!

Side note: all pain and discomfort go away when I'm traveling and sleeping in hotel beds (Hampton Inn, etc.) or at my extended family's houses. Currently I have a call in to The Bed Store for the people to come inspect the bed for warranty related issues. However, based on what I read I'm sure I will also be denied a replacement or refund. We shall see...

I'm in the market once again after having a BeautyRest Recharge mattress for only two years. However, unbeknownst to me the mattress has been causing me lower back issues after owning it for less than one year. At first the mattress seemed comfortable and I slept soundly. As the months wore on after purchase, I started having gradual lower back pain. I should mention that I had a successful laminectomy done three years ago and, it was a primary reason why I wanted to purchase a new mattress. Sticking with the mattress, it started to gradually sink right smack in the middle as the lower back pain (around the waist) increased.

At first, I didn't associate the back pain issues that began, with the mattress; after all it was new and not inexpensive and was comfortable at first. So, I sought medical advice from my surgeon, regular physician and on and on. Everything medical was fine. I enrolled into physical therapy with no relief. I joined a gym with very little relief. Meanwhile, the mattress sank lower. My suspicions were confirmed. A couple of things, one an investment in a mattress should last longer than 2 years. In fact somewhere I read, a mattress should be replaced at least every 8 years. Gosh if I got at least 5-6 years out of this Recharge mattress I would be satisfied. But, I didn't; not even close! I'm usually a darn good record keeper but for the life of me I cannot find this invoice/warranty. But based on what I am reading here, it doesn't seem like it would do me any good anyway.

However, I wanted to tell my story so others can judge for themselves if they're in the market for a mattress like I am once again. I'm a disabled senior and on a fixed budget but life is too short to deal with another company and possibly get a run a round plus, I do need to get another quickly. If the company who manufactures these mattresses reads these reviews and would like to contact me, I'd be more than happy to get into more detail, take pictures etc. But as a consumer, I'm going to close and say this. Companies, this one and all others selling a product, need to provide FULL disclosure about their products they sell. What do I mean? Make sure the retailer's employees who sell your products are properly trained and KNOW all about your products. Otherwise, look for another authorized retailer who will properly train their employees on your products. This shouldn't be difficult or expensive with technology as it is today.

If your products have limitations, list them just like you tout your product's advantages or competing products. In the case of a mattress, make sure your online/hard copy materials lets prospective buyers know if there are weight limits; make warranties crystal clear and easy to understand for example, anything and EVERYTHING a consumer needs to know to make an informed decision. Word of mouth advertising can destroy you or "make" you and if you do things like I suggested, the number of negative reviews like the ones on this website will inevitably decrease.

I have reached the end of trying to deal with sleeping in a hole. Turn the mattress, flip the mattress whatever! It's a HOLE with a HUMP and it's uncomfortable. We paid in the area of $1500, the mattress is on year 7 of a 10 year warranty.. The customer service from Simmons is... non-existent! Pictures and forms were submitted in December and I have not even received the courtesy of a phone call or at the very least, a confirmation by email. If I can take the time to jump thru your hoops, you can respect me as a consumer who bought your product and RESPOND (more than 3 weeks now). Since that does not seem to matter.. I would NEVER recommend this product. The mattress is junk and if your purchase means so little to them, then you should consider not buying their product. I will not again! There are many companies out there who do care.. Simmons.. NOT ONE OF THEM.

We purchased a top of the line Beautyrest Black Alexia. Within the first year we had problems with the mattress sagging. My wife and I are of avg size (190 & 125 lbs) so it wasn't an issue of us being oversized. We went back to Sleep Train and they connected us with 3rd party that comes out and reviews the situation. They denied the claim and said it wasn't bad enough. Their testing methodology was flawed in my opinion as the foam layer props up the surface of the bed while the layers below were the real problem. You could even see the sagging clearly! 1 year later we went back and tried again but the same result. Very frustrating. The fact that they don't even have the product anymore indicates to me they've had issues. I place the blame on the manufacturer not Sleep Train as I had a manager try very hard to help us. We were provided a generous discount on our next purchase and selected a different brand.

Extremely disappointed in the quality and durability of our 1-year old mattress. Purchased Simmons Beautyrest Elkhart Lake pillow top mattress based on recommendation from our salesperson at Steinhafels, Milwaukee. The mattress developed squeaks and sags within months. We ignored the issues at first because we couldn't believe the problems would occur so soon after our purchase. It's now been a year and the are worse. Called the store and a tech is coming out next week. Do NOT buy the Simmons Beautyrest Lake Elkhart Pillowtop Firm mattress.

After dealing with lots of stress in my life, working two jobs, taking care of my three kids and moving to new apartment I decided to treat myself with new mattress. Salesman in Sleep Train convinced me that Simmons Beautyrest Recharge is good choice for me. After first night I start feeling pain in my lower back but blamed on moving to new place and caring boxes. For month this mattress become a struggle for me and source of frustration and disappointment. I keep tossing and turning and every morning waking up with lower back pain. I've never in my life experienced lower back pain till now with new mattress. I blamed pillow top and asked Sleep Train to find something else in exchange. Salesman suggested to take same product but in medium soft. I had to pay additional couple hundred for exchange. New medium soft mattress didn't make any difference! I hate my mattress!

I ended up purchasing new cheap mattress that works MUCH better! I think it is something to do with coils structure. Beautyrest has individual coils in the sock and not wrapped together like in other mattresses. I think individual coils don't have enough strength to support body. This is my personal observation. I hate this mattress and don't know what to do with it. Sleep Train don't want to take it back due to only one time exchange or return is allowed. I've been cheated for almost thousand dollars (including exchange fees). I do not advice to anyone to buy this product. Do your research on coil structure.

Macy's has the worst furniture exchange policy. And Beautyrest Mattresses are the worst ever!!! I exchanged it 4 times, all of them sagged after a month... and I'm only 4'11, 95lbs!!! I only got to exchange my mattresses after complaining and explaining my situation. I will never step in a Macy's or ever buy Beautyrest. I know at least 2 other families who bought Beautyrests and had to exchange them at least 3 times! Unbelievable!

The mattress is very good but I feel I can improve the quality of service of those who sell them. For its softness and comfort mattress recommend this to everyone looking for a good sleep. After a long day of work, there is nothing better than coming home and rest in the best mattress that may exist in the market. All materials with this fact allow you to have a quality product that gives the user the best for rest.

I purchased this mattress in 2011 and the side have broken down and is bowed. I have a lump in the middle where no one sleeps as our bodies have created holes we sleep in. I contacted the store and a representative came to the house and took pictures and examined the mattress. He told us at that time he would recommend a replacement. However when Slumberland called with their decision. The replacement was denied as there is a stain on the mattress. What a stain has to do with the mattress breaking down, I don't know except they use this excuse to void your warranty. What a crock of crap. I will never purchase anything from Simmons or Slumberland in the future.

Simmons Beauty Rest are the Only Mattress I buy!! I also recommend buying from Mattress Firm!! They last, great quality, and warranty. Now I don't buy low grade. I stay mid range and no memory mattress. You can get some really good deals with sales!! And Mattress Firm will work with you. Great service!!

I bought the Beautyrest Black Alexia extra firm on 10/2014 and it has been downhill ever since then. It was great for a few months. I was coming off an older mattress with heavy sagging and my back pain had gotten to alarming levels. With a new mattress my back pain was totally gone. I would wake up and feel great. Pain free. Unfortunately that lasted all of about 3 months. At that point I started to notice some sagging where my wife and I sleep. We decided to rotate the mattress and that helped out a bit, but another 3 months later and we had sagging on that side of the mattress as well. We rotated the mattress again and I was just back in my old groove. The springs didn't recover their support when they were on the footside of the bed.

About a month ago my back pain was getting worse and worse as the bed support deteriorated so we decided to rotate the mattress. Nope, that trick didn't work at all as the mattress has significant sagging on both sides. My back pain is back and worse than ever. My wife travels for work a few times a year and when she does I sleep in the middle of the bed (it's an Eastern King) on what I call the "mountain". There is still spring support there so when I can do that I sleep well and I can tell it helps my back. Long story short, this firm mattress was great for my back for the first three months until it started to degrade and lose its support. I've owned this for just over two years now and I'm considering another mattress. That is how bad it is.

I purchased a Beautyrest Simmons mattress and box springs Sept.16, 2016. In early Oct I called and complained about the broken down mattress and pain it was causing my back. They came out and said it was a factory defect. The store called within a week and said I could come into the store and select a replacement. I heard lots of complaints about Simmons Mattresses, so I opted for a different brand. The salesman didn't want to let me have the box springs with the new mattress, he wanted me to keep the old one that came with the Simmons. I know if you don't get a matching set sometimes the warranty is null and void. I also felt the price difference was completely different than I counted it to be including the taxes. I was told they charged me $50.00 for a 6 months same as cash deal.

To make a long story short, I contacted the bank and spoke with them. They said the salesman had no right to charge me $50.00 for the interest free loan, that they make their own promotions, and they had made one for me 24 months same as cash. the store said 6 months for 50.00 They put a hold on my payments, until they could speak with the furniture company. It is now Nov. 25, 2016. This problem is still being checked into, the store refuses to cancel the invoice, and the store refuses to pick up the defective box springs and mattress. I refuse to pay for it so I would suggest you NEVER purchase from Knoxville Wholesale Furniture and Simmons bedding.

Me and my husband bought Simmons World class queen bed and box worth $1,549.99. Without our knowledge the sales associate included a bed liner which we don't need it because we have one at home. We decided to go to store to make a return. It is unfortunate that there is no return or either exchange purchase. We're so disappointed!!!

Vivian, my name is Jeanette. We had similar trouble with our Simmons Mattress. (We paid 1,500) for a plush pillow top. Our problems were not as severe. Our mattress did not seem like a $1,500 mattress. What you need to do is start fresh with Simmons. Play up the fact that the mattress is breaking down. I suggest not mentioning the physical pain... Focus on the malfunctioning of the bed. You probably have a manufacturer's warranty. Call a different phone number. Keep trying until you REACH SOMEONE who seems smart, capable, and caring. FOCUS on the bed malfunction.

Simmons sent someone out to measure the bed's discrepancies, sagging, and unevenness. Simmons gave us a new bed (a more expensive one). In all honesty we are returning the second bed, too. But at least it was improvement. WE have not yet tried to get our money back (we are considering that now). They will bring you a new bed if your mattress has a manufacturer's warranty. We had the order number and all of our info ready. Good luck! God bless you!

The label on this mattress states "World Class", however it is anything BUT. We purchased our mattress at Sears in 2013 for $1300+. Soon after, my husband and I started to experience back, hip, and overall body pain upon waking after a night's sleep. After approximately 6 months, we noticed the mattress start to sag on the respective areas we both normally slept. The middle of the mattress, between the areas we slept in, started to rise and became a "hump", eventually turning into a mountain.

In Nov. of 2014, I was frustrated enough to start the warranty process. After submitting all of the criteria... pictures, measurements, documenting and speaking with a customer service rep, we waited. After 3 months of no response, I contacted the warranty department again only to be told that they have not received our information, nor did they have anything on file for our request... even after I gave them the related customer/account number provided to me by the representative I spoke to in the beginning. Frustrated, I began the process again, only to have the same results.

It is now Nov of 2016, with no results from our warranty process and we are beyond frustrated with our mattress. We are now in the market for a new mattress and thankful for Consumer Affairs for providing this forum to validate that my husband and I are not the only very unhappy owners of the Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Mattress. I see that someone has posted information regarding a class action lawsuit. If there is any information I could provide to support this, I would be more than happy to oblige.

We purchased a Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Mattress less than a year ago, which began a journey of the unknown. Within days of sleeping on this mattress I began experiencing discomfort in the body and a loss of sleep. I was struggling with the situation as we just purchased a NEW SIMMONS BEAUTYREST Mattress, which was advertised as a very comfortable mattress that would Recharge the body. It would give you the best sleep ever. We just didn't know the RECHARGE would be in a negative way. As time passed the discomfort developed into severe pain throughout the body with back, neck, shoulders, stomach, internal organs, leg and toe pain. Stiffness in lower back. OMG wouldn't wish this on anyone. Also noticed areas of the bed began to collapse where large indentations developed. It appeared the mattress was defective.

We contacted the Merchant in an attempt to find a resolution to these issues and request a replacement or refund. Also inquired on if other customers complained. We were told they could not assist us with the discomfort issues we were experiencing, further stating discomfort was not a valid reason for return. They informed us no other complaint had been received on the mattress. We reached out to the warranty company however, no contact has been received back.

After contact with the Merchant leading us to believe the issues were not tied to the mattress and discomfort was pretty much a personal issue, we decided to try other measures to resolve the issues like rotating the mattress and seeking medical attention. After multiple visits to doctors, therapists going through unnecessary imaging, pain relief and research. The underlying issues are the result of the faulty SIMMONS BEAUTYREST RECHARGE MATTRESS sold to us. It is a shame consumers are experiencing such issues and the Merchants continue to advertise products they know are defective while the manufacturer continues to produce and make profits.

As I am unable to bear the pain the mattress causes, I am forced to find alternative areas to sleep. Will also have to invest into another mattress unless we eventually get contacted back by the manufacturer warranty dept. And either a replacement of a nonfaulty mattress or refund. The purpose of this review is to share my story in hopes of helping others from experiencing such a horrible thing. If you are in the market for a comfortable mattress. It is advisable not to purchase a Simmons Beautyrest.

Purchase mattress "Top of the Line with a 15 year warranty" purchased in 2010. Was told that the mattress would hold up over the years due to the "Special triple coiling in thru out the mattress". To make sure it would be under warranty was told we would have to purchase a special mattress cover for it. Extra $200. Keep that stupid "special Cover" on the first three years when we discovered that all the sides were breaking down. When we decided we had enough of it and went back to the mattress shop and they stated "Hey you bought the top of the line mattress" and that was the first year the mattress was out and had heard that the first series had that flaw of the sides breaking down. But it has been fixed. Why don't we call about the warranty. It should be covered because they even remembered that we purchased the special cover for it.

So we did and when your employee came out with a camera and took pictures and stated that the warranty was voided because there was a stain on the mattress. I was shocked to say the least. I asked to be shown the stain on the mattress. She could barely see it but when she showed me the picture that was magnified to make it look huge. I then asked what about the cover we have had to endure since the purchase of the mattress in order to maintain the warranty. She stated that we would have to go thru them to have them fight for our warranty.

Needless to say it was a big disappointment. But also a valuable lesson. We have since purchase a quality mattress, paid extra to have it special design and warranty. Which I did my home work on this company to know they stand behind their word. Not like Simmons. And We share this story with every person we can and advise them to STAY AWAY FROM SIMMONS Products. This has been the most helpful to new home owners and students getting ready to move out onto their own. I plan on sharing this story with each of the hotel suppliers next.

Purchased a Simmons Beauty Rest Recharge. Mattress was like a rock but we sank in and created a nice indentation and we sweat like crazy. With the recommended mattress protector. $2000 invested. Called Value City and happily swapped out the mattress as it was determined manufacture defect. 2nd mattress same issues. Called Value City back. They allowed us to pick a different mattress last time. We picked a Simmons Wellington mattress. Felt good for a few months, did not sweat anymore. However, have nice size indentations in the mattress and we rotate monthly. Bottom line Simmons mattresses are bad business. I have more back pain than ever. We sleep in our Coleman air mattress and sleep great and wake in no pain. Considering to get a king air mattress for $200 and remove the $2000 mattress. Never again will I buy a Simmons or recommend one.

Purchased Simmons Beautyrest mattress in 2014. Mattress came with manufacturer's 10-yr warranty. Within first year started having back and hip pain. It got worse as time went on. Husband noticed visible lumps in pillowtop so he contacted store we purchased it from. Salesman researched and saw this was a common problem reported in our mattress brand, but also informed us they no longer sold Simmons mattresses because they had so many problems and complaints about them. We contacted Simmons Warranty department to make claim. We were required to submit proof of purchase, which we did. Rep from Bedcheck came and took pictures. For the second time we were asked to provide original receipt, which we did. Several more days passed and then we finally heard from Simmons, who told us our claim had been approved.

Here's where the whole thing falls apart. Instead of just supplying us with a comparable replacement mattress they tell us that we have to go searching at stores for a Simmons mattress that falls in the price range at or below the price we originally paid. The mattress must also be a current year model. After we found one that met those requirements we were to write all the information from the mattress tag on their form and send it back to Simmons for review. If approved they would have one shipped from their factory. If we went over the price specified we would be responsible for additional charge and taxes, and then we would also have to pay for shipping!

After checking every store in our area we realize there is not one current year Simmons mattress at our under the price cap given. Simmons offers no resolution other than us paying the additional. Why should we be responsible for paying cost and shipping fees for a warranty claim on a defective product? The Warranty rules basically make it impossible for the consumer to get a replacement mattress without additional cost, so it is basically a scam. Simmons makes defective products covered by bogus warranties.

I bought a Beautyrest mattress 3 years ago and I should have complained immediately about the indentation but I kept thinking if we turned it around every few months it wouldn't be so bad. I paid $2,789.00 at Macy's plus cover and board total $3,366.00. I have used Simmons Beautyrest mattresses for 50 years and I never had a problem. Loved the mattresses. But this mattress is absolutely a disappointment. I will never buy another Simmons mattress. Not that they care but possibly you can be warned that these new Simmons mattresses' foam tops, gel, etc. are terrible.

I purchased a Simmons Beauty rest Briana Luxury Firm Mattress for $1399. Since the first night it was delivered it we thought we received a defective or used mattress as it sag and sunk in as I slept on it and felt as if I was sleeping in a hole. I had severe back aches and was so sore I could not even bend when showering. The weight of my body in the hole at night brought extreme shoulder and neck pain too. It made sleeping on side very painful through the night and most morning my stomach and internal organs felt sore.

I called store to ask for replacement from the day after delivery as I thought this was defective mattress and several emails to report problems with mattress with no resolution as they made excuse after excuse and promises to resolve and nothing. We were guaranteed we would receive the best sleep ever with this mattress which we feel was expensive for us but approaching 59 years old we wanted and were looking for a more peaceful restful sleep. We called complaint and for 6 months and were only given the round around of promises to send tech to look at mattress which never happened till enough emails and complaints to take to small court claims - finally returned a successful call from store to replace the mattress.

Mattress was replaced with same type mattress and the sag on this new mattress is returning and my back continues to be sore in the mornings. I cannot believe consumers are being sold a defective items as this mattresses and they are causing medical problems with no one looking into this complaints. There are way too many complaints for this to continue to remain in touched and in investigated as possible fraud of being sold a lemon mattress. I am not sure what my step is to try to resolve this issue with the mattress but we know if we continue to sleep on it we will suffer back, neck and organ problems. We paid 1399 which is very expensive for us as we just had a house fire and we were purchasing this mattress to replace our mattress which was damaged in fire. If anyone has any ideas please send me a reply at ** as we would like to resolve this asap and replace this mattress with a functioning one.

Simmons made a mess of my warranty claim! Unbelievable! I purchased an overpriced Beautyrest king mattress about two years ago and my wife and I have been noticing the sinkholes on both sides now for about a year. We first contacted the manufacturer and opened an online claim which resulted in nothing - they said we had to go through the dealer we purchased it from. (What's the point of making that available online anyways??)

Then we contacted the dealer which asked for an email with pics - we did that. No answer for a few weeks then some third party company calls us and schedules an inspection, so we thought it was finally the dealer taking action on our case, which was not true as we found out later that Simmons sent the inspection guy by mistake! Well, inspection is done and the results sent to Simmons. At this point, however, I thought I had to talk to the vendor about it, so I call the vendor and they don't even know about my case! I call the inspection company and they say Simmons is responsible for my warranty so I call Simmons again and they say the vendor is. I call the vendor and they don't give a damn about my case and never call me back.

So after all this I finally decide to email Simmons again, and a few days later they say that they won't honor the warranty on my mattress because my mattress has no labels... WTF??? The only labels I removed (which I STILL HAVE) are the ones that are hanging off your mattress and look like a t-shirt white tag. I'm extremely frustrated with Simmons, not only about the bad quality of their mattress but also their poor customer care! And I am the one with back pain from sleeping on that piece of garbage that now has to spend money suing Simmons! Horrible experience! Will never buy Simmons again!

I purchased this mattress in January 2016... within 6 months I had a big indentation. I'm paying over $3,000 for the mattress and the frame. A serviceman came out to inspect the bed. He says that he doesn't see any indentation. My back is getting far worse from this mattress and I highly doubt they will replace it. I will be sending them my doctor's bills.

My boyfriend and I bought this queen size mattress with an adjustable frame less than 3 years ago from Cozy Cabin Furniture in Plymouth, NH. We spent over 5 thousand dollars in that store in one visit. The bed was the bulk of the money. Both of us have bad backs, necks, and other medical problems. I am 4ft 10 inches 125 lbs and he is 6 ft and weighs around 250. The dealer never suggested that we get a bed that would help each of considering our difference in size. We bought the bed trusting the dealer and his experience with mattresses.

Approximately a year and a half later my boyfriend was experiencing his side of the bed had gone pretty flat so we flip the bed so the foot of it was now the head of it. That put me on the flattened side. Then approximately 8 months after that we were both feeling the flattened mattress. The only part of this mattress that is good now is the middle and because it's a queen and the size of us the middle is not a large space.

Since we got this bed, I have had to have surgery on my C-Spine and have experienced back pain that I didn't have before the bed and I now have to have surgery on another section of my neck. I literally feel like I am going to roll off the bed. My boyfriend has had a multi-level fusion and his pain has tripled since getting this bed. We called the store where we bought the bed and they sent someone to take pictures and measure the bed. The bed was down on both sides by double the required amount that the warranty covers. Mind you this bed is not even 3 years old yet. After the man left the company called and asked us to take pictures of the tags on the bed. Why didn't they do that when they were here? He took pictures of the bed. When we looked for the two tags we could only find one.

We searched the bed for the other and could not even find signs of a second tag ever existing. So now if this tag is not found we may not be able to get a new mattress. It's not like they are going to re-use the bed, the covers and any other part of this bed. We paid 3,000.00 for this entire bed and they are going to not honor the warranty because of a stupid tag? The tag didn't do anything wrong. The tag didn't cost us all that money. The tag isn't causing the pain in our bodies. The tag does not and did not ever exist on this bed! Oh and the bed we bought was a floor model. They literally took that bed out of the store after God knows how many people sat on it, laid on it, and put it in storage for us so that when we moved into our new home it could be delivered. They told us we were getting a brand new mattress but when I went back to the store to pay the rest of the money we owed just 2 days later, the bed we picked out was gone.

In its place was another bed that was totally different from the one we bought. How are we supposed to know we got a brand new mattress? Most stores don't give you the floor model. They give you a bed from the warehouse to guarantee it would be a new bed, not a bed that other people touched. I didn't complain at the time because there was a plastic cover on the mattress when we got it. The question is, who put the plastic cover on that bed? Because of the length of time it took for this bed to go bad leads me to believe that either we got a very used mattress or we got a mattress that was not the mattress we paid for.

Also, why did we even get the frame that was in the store? These frames are hand made because they are made from logs. The bed was in storage for over a month. They can't say that in that time they could not have ordered a brand new frame instead of giving us the one from the store that a million people and their germ filled children touched. I made sure the frame was clean before we used it by wiping it down with anti-bacterial wipes. I just feel this company misled us and are now making us jump through hoops to get a new mattress.

Oh ya, we also found out that this mattress has been discontinued. I wonder why. I have searched the internet to find any reviews on this bed and it's like it never existed. If we do not get a new mattress we will be going to court. We are both disabled. The only reason we had money to get that bed was because we had just gotten my boyfriend's disability check that we waited 5 years to get. It was a one shot deal for us. This company saw the word sucker on our foreheads. Beautyrest and Cozy Cabin Furniture are companies to totally avoid.

Purchased King Beautyrest Recharge Kline Mill Plush Pillowtop mattress September, 2013. Manufactured 07/02/2013 at Simmons on WT Harris Blvd. in Charlotte, NC. Three years later, it has lumps, bumps, and depressions so severe that one cannot sleep upon it. Causes severe back pain for both my husband and me. We are fit, average size adults. We measured depressions at 1 1/2 to 2 inches using a level. Our retailer sent out a representative to examine the mattress for the 10 year warranty against defects. He said depressions were not deep enough and warranty would not be honored.

The mattress was supported on Beautyrest's own double twin foundation on a solid platform so no reason for the sags. It was well cared for, always had a mattress cover. We cannot sleep on this mattress and had to purchase a new one. Extremely disappointed in Beautyrest, their product quality, and their false warranty. Will never buy another Beautyrest/Simmons product nor will we recommend their products to others. DO NOT purchase a poorly designed, poorly manufactured and poorly backed product from Simmons.

Compare Mattresses