1.06/5
  • 1 star
Based on 49 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a good mattress?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 14, 2017

465 Simmons Mattresses Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Spent $1,700 for a Simmons mattress in 2013. It lasted 3 years before folding on both sides (there is a hump in the middle). I contacted Sit and Sleep which sent me to a "neutral party" to analyze my problem. Guess what? There is an apparent stain on the Simmons mattress negating the warranty. So if you want a $1,700 mattress to last 3 years go ahead and purchase a Simmons product (I also bought a reclining Simmons chair that fell apart within 60 days. I got my money back on that one.) Simmons sucks and Sit and Sleep helps. Good riddance to both.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

This was a rather expensive mattress. I've had this mattress less than 6 months. The middle is sagging and killing my back. Done everything I can to get it replaced, to no avail. My son built extra support under the foundation, this didn't help. I'm disabled due to severe back injury caused by stage 4 Lymphoma. It sickens me that the consumer has no recourse when a product is defective. Never will purchase a BEAUTYREST product again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

In March 2013 we purchased a Simmons Beautyrest mattress, with memory foam, from Jordan's Furniture, Warwick, Rhode Island. The only "memory" that mattress has is returning to its sunken position. Within 6 months from purchase the mattress began to develop deep sinking depressions, from where we sleep. We rotate the mattress several times per year and still have the sinking depressions. I began waking up exhausted with severe back and leg pains each morning. I brought a twin size coil mattress into our room and have been sleeping on it the past three months. No more back pains!

After enduring the Simmons Beautyrest "mattress" for four years I contacted the store we purchased it from, hoping for a remedy. What I received was run-a-run around. I was told by their customer service rep. that our mattress failed because it was "not properly supported." I stated repeatedly that the box spring/foundation was structurally sound and does not deflect nor sag. The issue is a poorly manufactured Simmons mattress. The store added insult to injury informing me that I would be required to pay a $60 Inspection Fee to a third party vendor to inspect the sagging mattress. What a scam! Our previous mattress lasted for over 14 years, and was actually better than this one when we traded it in. Purchasing a Simmons Mattress was a big mistake. The Simmons Beautyrest mattress is a piece of rubbish!! DO NOT PURCHASE A SIMMONS MATTRESS!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

If I could give no stars I would. We bought a Simmons Beautyrest Platinum queen size Katherine mattress this summer. After sleeping on it for a month our backs were killing us seeing how the middle of the mattress sinks in as if the springs were broke down on a adjustable bed or something. After several attempts to contact the manager of Paradise Furniture(who is never there) they finally sent out someone to inspect it. Our mattress also has a warranty and the inspector said that there was something wrong with it however after waiting another month they told us there was nothing wrong with the mattress and gave us a copy of an inspection that contradicted itself and said nothing about the support in the middle. The inspection form they gave us only had the non-weighted inspection part. They said there is nothing wrong with the mattress and therefore will do nothing.

We also contacted Simmons who said if the retailer will not do anything then they cannot do anything either. I do not recommend Paradise Furniture or Simmons Mattresses for this reason. Look at the pictures and tell me that this mattress is normal. Simmons also told me that their mattress should not sink in more than an inch and a half. Apparently I don't know how to measure if this sink in is less than 1 1/2 in.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

Like many others, I have been duped by Simmons Beautyrest mattress warranty. Filed a claim and made it very clear that the issue is with the bed bowing to the middle but the memory foam top hides the depressions making their measuring tool useless. They denied my claim as expected. Why is there not a class action suit against this company? There has to be something we can do.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Simmons Mattresses?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

Bought this mattress (Beautyrest Recharge) 4 years ago where the price was listed at $1100.00 on sale for $999.00. Since then the center has sunken approx. 2 inches with zero support. The mattress has the consistency of mush. We were told this mattress would last a good 10 years. Within 3 years of purchase we both began having back and neck problems which have progressed to severe and have to literally climb up and out of the mattress when getting out of the bed. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY BUYING THIS MATTRESS! It isn't even near as good as the $200.00 mattress we bought for the spare bedroom, which we are currently sleeping on to help with back pain.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

After a few years we had submitted a claim warranty on our Simmons Beautyrest Lexi Extra Firm mattress to Jordan's Furniture in Reading, Massachusetts. At the time of sale we purchased recommended vendor adders with a total sale of $1,900 to ensure the 10 year warranty would be valid. After a relatively short time our mattress sagged to a depth of 1.75 inches near the edge and 1.25 inches about 10 inches from the edge. After submitting the required photos (partial attachment) to Jordan's with a follow up inspection by an individual from Mattress Marshals, our warranty claim was rejected due to less than required sag measurement and a stain that had nothing to do with the initial claim.

This is extremely frustrating as a consumer since Simmons as a mattress manufacturer falls under the guidance of OSHA which had deemed any size stain, no matter how insignificant (attached), voids the warranty. Jordan's Furniture confirmed their adherence to Simmons' warranty. This behavior appears very similar to the insurance industry which delays, defers, and finally denies consumer claims.

Another fallacy of warranty denial is having a Authorized Inspection by Mattress Marshalls. The inspector in my case used a piece of yarn with washers tied at both ends to measure the drop. I've taken measurement drops on jet engine hardware and the Mattress Marshalls method assures depth of failure measurement each time. Spending 5 minutes on an inspection is ludicrous. Jordan's Furniture uses these methods to ensure the warranty will not be valid. Consumers should be aware of these practices and skeptical of manufacturer and retailer warranties. An informative article on mattress manufacturers warranty may be found at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpYLBixW6AY.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I bought a Simmons Beautyrest mattress five years ago from Ashley Furniture in Wilkes-Barre in April of 2012 and have had terrible neck, shoulder and back pain since. I wake up exhausted. Prior to this purchase I had Serta Perfect Sleeper and it was great; like sleeping on a cloud! I didn't want to part with that mattress but we got rid of our full bed and bought a queen size bed. Do not buy Simmons Beautyrest, it is awful, like sleeping on concrete.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I bought this bed last year and within one year the body indention are so bad It is making me hurt way worse than I was (the reason I bought the bed to begin with.) I am disabled and on a very limited income so I thought I'll buy a good mattress. $1300 once and it'll last me a good 10 years. I'm in way worse pain now and I'm looking at buying another mattress because I'd rather not eat than be in horrible pain everyday. DO NOT BUY THIS MATTRESS!!! IT SHOULD BE AGAINST THE LAW TO SELL A MATTRESS OF THIS LOW QUALITY FOR SO MUCH. The warranty covers an inch and a half indention but mine is right at an inch and I'm already in this much pain! I don't even want to imagine what an inch and a half would feel like!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Bought a Beautyrest Katarina Luxury Firm Queen for well north of 2k from USMattress.com. Well what can I say. Lasted exactly for about a year before it starting sagging like a piece of crap. They rejected warranty based on some theory about compaction. Nothing I can do about it but to throw that and buy a cheap 200 dollar mattress from Amazon. Hoping this will last better than 1 year.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

We bought our Simmons Beautyrest Black label pillow top mattress about 7 yrs ago. We paid about $2500 and was told it was great mattress. About 1-1/2 yrs ago it started sinking in on both sides. Is there any type of compensation we can receive? Not happy at all.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I spent $2,000 on this mattress because I wanted a good night's sleep... I only wake up with pains all over my body because this thing is like sleeping on a rock. Now I am stuck with it because of how expensive it is and I can't afford to get another one. Thanks Simmons!!!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

AFW has always been our favorite furniture store. I like them. However, the Beautyrest mattress we bought, called Shana firm, was awful. In about 3-6 months it started sagging and we spent more money and replaced it in about 2 years. Don't spend your money on a Beauty Rest!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

Buyer beware if you plan to buy a quality mattress! I bought a Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Comfort Top Firm Mattress from Bay Department Store. After more than 1 years, the mattress is already sagging in the middle. It's supposed to be a reasonably expensive mattress and can not hold a person who is about 140 lb. Worst of all, when I try to ask them to repair or exchange. The mattress inspector just falsely filed a report saying there is stain on mattress so to void the warranty. Simmons Beautyrest will just to make up a story just to avoid honoring the warranty claim on the poorly manufactured mattress. Just to share my experience. Buyer BEWARE. BEWARE!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I purchase a mattress in 2013 for 2,000.00 dollars or more it is now. The mattress is sagging a inch and a half and they are telling me that it has to be more that than an inch and a half and I have to wait another 90 days before they will send another person out to measure the mattress. I am appalled with the customer services that we are getting, I want the same service that I got when I was spending my money. They are saying they cannot help me. I need a remedy to this problem. It is very uncomfortable sleeping in a sink hole, if I wanted junk I would of got a mattress for, much less.

Simmons should be ashame of themselves of not standing behind their product. I stated to the rep this was not told me when I was spending my money, she stated to me, it was on the back of the receipt. I advised her that this should be told to the customer when purchasing this mattress not left for someone to have a problem, and then figure that they needed an attorney when purchasing a mattress. Shame on you, Shame on the brand.

Original review: July 30, 2017

We purchased Beautyrest Black Desiree king size mattress from Nebraska Furniture Mart in Dec 2016 for about $2500. It was fine for 2-3 months, and then my husband and I both started having neck/back pain. We both have prior injuries so did not immediately attribute to the mattress. However it became apparent, after sleeping in our spare bedroom off and on (on our other Beautyrest mattress purchased 14 years ago that we still love--clearly the product is not the same), that it was the bed. When I went to take the pictures for filing a warranty claim, I discovered over 1" sinking, a ridge down the middle, stitching coming apart, and several inches of tearing along the seams at the bottom, on both sides. They accepted the claim, but unfortunately our only option is to replace with another Beautyrest.

I have lost all confidence in this product, it strikes me as clearly fraudulent esp for their top of the line model, and we like so many have faced health consequences as a result. I have asked Nebraska Furniture Mart to give us the credit toward another brand--they have said they will contact the Simmons rep but they will not facilitate me communicating with them directly, even through an email or written letter. Both retailers and mattress manufacturers should be held accountable for the products they sell--Simmons says contact the retailer, and the retailer says our hands are tied with Simmons.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I purchased a new Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Mattress in 2014. They said if it sagged a inch and a half they would replace it. Didn't bother telling me that it doesn't count around the buttons. It has to be on a completely flat spot. On top of that now the springs squeak when sitting up on getting off the bed. I had a 15 year old pillow top from another company that never ever gave me any problems like this. I purchased the $250 boxes that go under the mattress to make sure warranty would be good. Now I'm stuck with a piece of garbage that should be returned and replaced. I'd have been better off going to Walmart and buying their foam cool gel mattress for $200. I paid $ 1500 for this junk.

Original review: July 12, 2017

Company does not stand behind their product. I was denied a warranty claim for a mattress that had a defect and was only 6 months old. Their excuse was that I didn't have 1x4 supports under the box spring. I actually have 2x6 supports which are stronger however they denied my claim. Even the inspector they sent to my house from "Bed Check" agreed that there was more than enough support and laughed as he said "it's all up to them my friend."

Original review: July 9, 2017

Worst mattress (Recharge 800 Plush\Beautyrest HP) ever. It didn't take long for it to break down and to start sagging and getting lumpy. I have never had any back issues, injuries, or problems sleeping until after we bought a new mattress a couple of years ago. Now I wake up with extreme low back pain and getting out of bed is a process and take time, instead of jumping out of bed like I had always experienced before purchasing the mattress. Now I have to slowly go from laying position to sitting position on the bed, before I can stand up. Sleeping on the mattress has caused waking up daily with extreme low back spasms. The mattress is poorly constructed/designed.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I would a mattress from Sears. We had to deal with Beauty Rest customers service through Sears. It was a nightmare. We had to measure everything, take pictures and send everything to them. We they put the wrong name on claim. They never got pictures they said. Well with a lot of grief I took and sent everything again only to get a denial it didn't met their 1.5" rule. I want to know first off it was lumpy and hard to sleep on because of the lump. So what is this 1.5" thing? They're crazy it is so lumpy I can't sleep on it. I am not down with them yet. I am calling on Monday. They are so unprofessional in every way. Don't buy their products. They're awful.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I purchased this Simmons Beautyrest Recharge mattress in 2014. It was fine for awhile then the left side of the mattress started to sink. Then soon after collapse entirely. From the middle of the mattress all the way over on the left it is almost completely flattened. We had to use large hard cover books underneath to prop it up on top of the box spring just to compensate a bit of the collapse enough for my husband to sleep. We have just started the warranty process with Mattress Firm and after reading many other reviews I pretty much don't have any hope of the company actually resolving this issue. I have a ten year warranty but after seeing many others claims being denied over stains, which is a complete joke needless to say. They will probably get away with the same fake out.

I know my mattress has a few stains on it. Give me a break it's 3 years old and stains have nothing to do with an entire side of the mattress collapsing. Also this mattress was treated well never jumped on etc. Apparently this exact thing happens with this exact mattress and many others of their mattress lines. Sickening such a big mattress company can get away with screwing so many people out of their hard earned money.

Original review: June 25, 2017

I bought a Simmons Beautyrest Pillow Top Queen Mattress and box spring from Linda's Furniture for just under $2000. I need a firm mattress for back pain. After a few years of sleeping on the mattress, I started having back pain again. I ended up having to sleep on a foam mattress on the floor because I couldn't sleep on this mattress anymore. Since the mattress was still under warranty, I called Linda's Furniture who came out, took photos of the mattress and verified that qualified for a warranty due to sagging. There were no stains on the mattress as I always used a mattress protector.

Linda's Furniture submitted the photos to the Simmons warranty claim department who denied it. They claimed there were stains on the mattress even though there was none in the photos and the Linda's Furniture customer service rep verified there was no stains. I wrote the main Simmons customer service department regarding this issue and they said that I needed to go through Linda's Furniture with the warranty claim (which I already had done). They did not respond to a 2nd email.

Original review: June 22, 2017

I received a rocker recliner from Big Lots on the Black Friday as a Christmas Gift from the kids. They even spent more on it. Didn't buy the Black Friday special. So disappointed. It's falling apart. All of the stuffing has fallen out from under the leg rest. It's a manufacturing flaw but no one will fix or is even concerned enough to try to make it right. Big Lots says they aren't responsible for it. And there is nothing they can do because it was a gift and there is no receipt anymore. Really expected a name brand Simmons product would last longer than 6 months. Besides the material seams ripping, stuffing falling out. It also pops and won't stay reclining. It throws you forward. Seat is breaking down. So disappointed. And we thought Simmons was a good brand to buy. But we lost our $300. All we want is our money back. Replacement of chair with better quality.

Original review: June 17, 2017

The furniture described is made by a furniture company called SIMMONS. SERTA IS A prominent and the well known mattress company. SERTA now owns Simmons Furniture. The Southwest Surplus company is a furniture store that preys on the weak and ill-informed customers using lies in order to make sales. Buyer Beware!

"Bonded-Leather" I read aloud as I flipped over the tag attached to a $999 long black L-shaped sectional made by Simmons. "Hmm I've heard of Simmons but I haven't heard of bonded leather. What does bonded leather mean exactly?" I asked the saleswoman, who looked at her sales manager as she said, "Well... bonded leather is just leather from when they have leftovers pieces from production of leather furniture. She went on to further clarify by stating BONDED LEATHER IS JUST THE leather LEFTOVERS from the production of leather furniture... pressed together like bonded together with glue. "Oh I see, that makes sense as to why they call it bonded." I foolishly nodded my head in agreement not knowing that I was the butt of the joke. I am the poor bloke who believed the people in charge knew what they were selling.

They should have called it like it is... the phrase vinyl faux leather would have been more appropriate. This Bonded Leather was steeply priced close to a GRAND. I WOULD NEVER spend my hard earned money on something that has a lifespan of 6 months before it starts flaking away little by little. You get these black flakes all over your body and start finding black particles coming out your nose each time you blow your nose. I was so stupid. I believed every lie that these 2 Southwest Surplus employees were telling me... real leather pieces attached to a backing with glue. To make matters worse the phrase bonded leather appears on a swatch of real solid leather swatch. I read the tag again. Bonded Leather. Well it's gotta be real for the price to be near $1K I think to myself.

I have to give the Award for the "worst lie made to a customer in order to make a sale" to Southwest Surplus, a furniture store that has been featured on TV yet can't find the decency to not use fraudulent sales tactics. This company ought to be sued for selling a product under false advertising. I have attached other couches by Simmons that are of the same Bonded Leather quality and customers are complaining. They are sick of being lied to. This bonded leather needs to stop.

Manufacturers of such types of furniture need to have lawsuits brought down on to them. They need to stop selling this heinous material and trying to pass it off as real leather. Currently I am nearing my 5 year warranty but I assure you this material started flaking off right at 6 months. Simmons claimed that this is normal. They won't recognize that this is abnormal and they aren't admitting any guilt.

Original review: June 14, 2017

I purchased new a Simmons Eastern King, model Natasha, law tag M144686918. I paid $1,800 for this mattress, mattress warranty inspection from Best Mattress in Las Vegas says that impression is no more than 1 1/2 inches from the warranty, with no one lying down on the bed, when lying down on one side you roll right off the bed?? Hello W.T.F. Worst ** bed in my 75 years. Best Mattress refuses to replace or exchange mattress. Simmons you better take care of this problem, I see your complaints for the same problem is over 500, get your ** together because I will sue you.

Original review: June 13, 2017

I purchased a Simmons Phillipsburg II King Sized mattress through US-Mattress Company in December 2015. It was great for about 9-10 months. In late August 2016, I noticed my hips began to ache in the mornings. I first thought a medication may have been the cause of the problem; however, I ceased taking it for about a week with no change in the aching. Subsequently, I traveled to the east coast and Europe, slept in various types of beds and the hip pain magically disappeared. I returned home to my top-of-the-line Simmons mattress and immediately, the aching resumed. US-Mattress informed me that Simmons handled all warranty claims. I then set up the "Dip Check" appointment through Simmons' "independent" agent, Integrated Bedding.

A very nice fellow arrived, took some measurements, then place an odd "depth checker" on the mattress. He told me the standard for replacement under warranty was a dip of 1.5 inches. Wait - That is with no weight on the mattress. You all know the outcome because many of you have received the same letter or email... "Sorry, you do not meet the standard set at the sole discretion of Simmons for replacement or adjustment." They suggested I change the slats under the mattress to a full board. Crazy? I did swap the high end bowed slats for the flat variety... Same result. Now we are in November 2016. My next move was to "spin" the mattress so the area under my wife's feet would now hold the weight of my hips and back. Well, that worked great for about 4 months until the mattress began to break down once again.

I lived with the pain for a while, then spent at least a dozen sessions with a chiropractor and 6 more in physical therapy. Diagnosis: TFL issue. I stretched the darned thing every day but each night the area tightened up; by morning I was in pain again. After I "tiraded" on Simmons, they suggested another dip check; sure, I said, but you all know the result will be the same as the first check. It is geared to protect the company. Of course, the same nice fellow appeared with his equipment and the story was the same. Now we are about a year into the mess. Again, we traveled, again we slept in hotels, private homes, even grandkids' little beds. All pain-free. Back home - Pain again. I tried a Kelty self-inflating camp mat, a LUCID egg crate/memory foam pillow topper, a pillow under my hips... To no avail. I slept in my old bed in the guest room for a week... Pain-free after 5 days.

The final straw occurred last month in New York City. I fell and had to spend 5 night in Beth Israel Hospital - Not pleasant but, ha, no hip pain... In a hospital bed, no less. I slept another 5 nights on a couch in a private apartment... Pain-free. Upon returning home, I tried a couple of nights on the Simmons - Pain again. I have relegated myself to the guest room and the old mattress. I am finally feeling some relief but it's taking a lot more healing time this go 'around.

I paid almost $1500 for this highly rated mattress and it's a piece of junk. Simmons knows it, Mr. Dip-Checker knows it. They just do not care. I discovered Simmons actually has a factory in my state so I am able to file a Small Claims action against them; however, even if I win, collection is not guaranteed. I propose that anyone who is interested consider a class action suit against this horrible company. I will be contacting an attorney in Seattle Washington to discuss, citing the many complaints listed in this forum.

Original review: June 12, 2017

I got this mattress in January. I've had it for 6 months. It caves in already! This is my second mattress from this company, where it sags in, in less than 6 months. I've had a Sealy mattress as well and they're terrible. I'm a 22 yr old female and suffer back problems and experience horrible sleep at night from this Simmons mattress.

Original review: June 6, 2017

Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Pearl - Fancy name... worst mattress ever. Purchased this mattress less than a year ago for roughly $1,100. My boyfriend has been sleeping on the couch for 3 months now. It sags so bad in the middle. Purchased from American Furniture Warehouse. Tried to file a claim. Technician came out, looked at the mattress, clearly said, "Yes I can see sagging in the middle and the pillow top stitching has come undone". They denied our claim or refused to do anything due to the stains on our mattress, "stains void the 10 year warranty." See the picture below! I was told that liquids or stains on a mattress can break down the components. I'm not a bed technician, but how can a spot of coffee break down fabric, foam and springs??? I will never purchase anything from American Furniture Warehouse or Simmons again. We were better off in our $300 old queen bed.

Original review: May 19, 2017

The warranty on this product and the retailers that carry it are just lies. Mattress did not last 36 months. The mattress wall collapsed and they refused to honor the warranty because of box spring. Nonsense.

Original review: May 16, 2017

Bought our Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Mattress in 2014, sagging in the middle. All Simmons did is refer us to the dealer (Mattress Stop), and would not stand behind their mattress. We thought with Simmons' name it stood for quality product, not so. Look elsewhere, and do your homework.

Simmons Mattresses expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Simmons has been making mattresses for over 140 years. It offers a wide range of options and has sold over 100 million mattresses. Many of the nation's top hotel chains use Simmons mattresses.​

• Variety: It offers a wide selection of beds in various price ranges, including the Beauty Rest line and the Curv line.

• Warranty: Customers can opt for a warranty covering all defects on any Simmons bed.

• Furniture: In addition to mattresses, it also sells other bedroom furniture, such as headboards and bed frames.

• High quality: Simmons has an upper-end line providing extremely high-quality beds, such as lasting memory foam and BeautyRest options.

• Best for: Simmons mattresses are best for professionals and young adults.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Simmons Mattresses Company Information