3.7/5 (246 ratings)
Find a Mattress Brands partner

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

About Simmons Mattresses

Simmons Bedding Company is a manufacturer best known for memory foam and hybrid mattresses. Simmons’ Beautyrest line of mattresses has features like pocketed coil technology and ventilated fibers for maximum airflow. Simmons and Beautyrest mattresses are available for purchase online and through local retailers.

Pros

• Free delivery
  • 100-night sleep trial
  • Wide variety of products

Cons

• Possible deterioration issues

Bottom Line

Simmons mattresses are available in a variety of firmness options in all price ranges. Provides a 100-night in-home trial and free white-glove delivery services, but some customers complain about durability issues.

Top Simmons Mattresses Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Beautyrest is a very high quality product that comes in numerous styles and firmness options that cover a wide-range of sleeping needs. The Beautyrest brand is durable and comfortable...

Verified

I bought a Beautyrest mattress. I've had this product for 6 weeks now, my horrible neck and headaches have been reduced by 80%. I've never in my life slept so comfortably. Thank y...

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

About Simmons mattresses

Simmons is one of the most recognizable brands in the mattress industry. Simmons offers pocketed coil mattresses and hybrid mattresses and its flagship product, Beautyrest, comes in several variations. There are a variety of options for firmness, cooling technology and layers specifically designed for ergonomic comfort.

Simmons' most popular mattress is its innerspring mattress. The company recently expanded into hybrid mattress options as well, pairing its pocketed coil designs with several foam options for different comfort needs. Simmons provides complimentary white-glove delivery services that include the removal of an old mattress. It doesn’t deliver to Alaska or Hawaii, but shipping is free to anywhere else in the U.S.

Simmons mattress prices

Depending on the line, Simmons mattress models start between $249 for a Simmons twin Memory Foam to $3,999 for a king Beautyrest Black. Customers can finance their purchases directly through the company's website using Affirm. Approved customers can get loans for three, six or 12 months.

Mattress lineStarting price*FirmnessHeight
Simmons Memory Foam$299Medium8 inches
Simmons Hybrid$349Medium8 inches
Beautyrest$499Plush13.5 inches
Beautyrest Silver$799Plush16.5 inches
Beautyrest Hybrid$1,999Medium13 inches
Beautyrest Platinum$1,199Firm pillow-top16 inches
Beautyrest Black$1,799Medium15 inches
* Starting prices are for Simmons queen-size mattresses.

Simmons mattress models

Simmons mattresses come in a variety of comfort levels and with different features, including memory foam and airflow technology to help regulate body temperature.

• Simmons hybrid mattresses: Simmons hybrid mattresses combine memory foam and coils to provide a balance of comfort and structure. The coils allow airflow, which helps keep the bed at a more comfortable temperature.
  • Simmons memory foam mattresses: Simmons mattresses include RightTemp memory foam, gel memory foam, HD memory foam and more. The memory foam layers enhance comfort levels, ergonomic structure and temperature control.

Simmons Beautyrest mattresses

Simmons FAQ

Do Simmons mattresses come with a warranty?
Yes, Simmons mattresses come with a 10-year limited warranty. The warranty covers manufacturing defects, including faults in the material. The warranty is only for the original purchaser and is nontransferable.
How much is a Simmons Beautyrest mattress?
Simmons Beautyrest mattresses start at $499 for a queen-size bed. Most Simmons Beautyrest mattresses are between $1,000 and $2,000, and the high-end mattresses cost as much as $3,999.
Where can I buy a Simmons mattress?
You can buy a Simmons mattress at home department stores like JCPenney and Ashley HomeStore. Its mattresses are also available on the Simmons and Beautyrest websites.
Are Serta and Simmons the same company?
No, Serta and Simmons are not the same company. They are, however, owned by the same investor group, the National Bedding Company.

Is Simmons a good mattress?

Simmons mattresses are good overall. Customers report improved sleep and comfort when using Simmons mattresses. According to customer reviews, the most significant concerns are the longevity of the mattresses and the company’s customer service.

Simmons Mattresses Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Simmons Mattresses?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

I bought a Simmons / Beautyrest "Black Desiree Firm" mattress with a suggested retail of over $2k. So I thought I was buying quality that would last, It didn't! I am not a large person. I am height / weight proportionate weighing 165 lbs. So I was very surprised to realize my mattress was sagging in less than 2 years use. And has gotten progressively worse in the past 3 months of runarounds from Simmons' / Beautyrest Warranty department. When I bought this mattress, the online description boasted a 20 yr. non prorated warranty.

From day 1 of contacting the warranty department to exercise a claim, I have experienced a non-accommodating process. Nothing short of "stall" tactics. It has now dragged on for 3 months & still no resolve in hand. To add insult to this process, they 1st told me my mattress only has a 10 year warranty & they go on to explain that a new replacement mattress will only carry the balance of the 10 yr. warranty. After an Independent Inspector came out they admitted that I do have a justified claim, but informed me that my mattress has been discontinued and I would have to identify a suitable replacement. In addition, they have the nerve to tell me that they will only honor a replacement up to the $1,000 I paid. Any additional would be billed to me!

I pointed out that I bought my mattress on a Special online Promo Sale (as we all know the retails are fictitious). I also noted that their suggested retails had increased by 30-50% in the 2.5 yrs since buying mine. That said, all I wanted was Like-Kind & quality of construction as to what I had purchased. They then sent me on a wild goose chase to go identify a replacement product of my liking. (Along with a list of a half dozen of the biggest mattress sellers, NOT to go to). I spent 3 days researching & reading reviews online to identify Like-Kind construction and Firmness levels. And then another 2 days out in the field to find these prospective replacements. Reported back my 1st & 2nd choice and still no answer!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

We purchased a Simmons Beautyrest in August 2021, and before Halloween the top surface had shifted from one side to the other by about 6 inches. It took 4 phone calls and 3 weeks to get the warranty claims department to even get us the form to fill out to request a replacement. They asked many followup questions over the course of the following 2 weeks. The claim was then denied due to an 'unsupported' foundation, which in our case was a steel frame with wooden slats supporting. The frame is completely square and quite level. From our perspective, Simmons knows their mattresses are garbage, and won't honor a warranty on a visually obvious defect. You will be throwing your money away and buying another mattress eventually, so save the aggravation and avoid Simmons completely.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2021

We bought a Beautyrest mattress Disney Moderate Plush early 2021 and it is awful... Have impressions within 3 months (and we are not large people, if that matters). Spent $1,000 on mattress and new foundation combined. Inquired about warranty and no response. This has been the most disappointing purchase I ever made. Reviews for mattresses are carefully managed so it's hard to leave a real review. Just sharing this with all my friends and family and anyone I know... Avoid beautyrest!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

We have a harmony lux king mattress and are very unhappy with it! The warranty does not cover the breakdown of the memory foam. It covers the mattress only if there is a 1 1/2 inch difference. The problem is that the memory foam expands back to size and yet it sinks when you lay down. This is a terrible mattress and we can’t get help with the warranty. I have to sleep in a divot every night and it’s very uncomfortable. The problem is we went beyond the 100 days before we noticed it. What a shame for such an expensive mattress.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

I am a pensioner, bought the Simmons Winchester Medium mattress 152 extra length. I was told it could support my back operation and weight. But it makes indentation where I lay. Turning it frequently as told does not help. As when I turn it the previous indentation is there. I have spent R20,000.00 and I am still in pain.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

My husband and I bought a Beautyrest Mattress and adjustable bed frame. We have had it a little over a year and the sides have collapsed. Filed a warranty claim and gave all information pictures etc and now they are deflecting back to the company that sold it. They said they would contact me. Called the place where we bought it and they said Simmons hadn't contacted them at all. Just getting the run around from Simmons. Warranty is a scam!!! DON'T BUY!!!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

The mattress maybe great until it breaks. Don't buy. Beautyrest warranty is not hassle free. It is prorated and you have to do all the work. They do not simply replace the mattress or pay you what you paid.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

My wife & I have been sleeping uncomfortably for last 20 yrs. We just purchased our 1st Simmons, Sherbourne Medium & our back pain has completely disappeared from day 1 - amazing! We previously tried memory foam and other coil only mattresses but they did not help.

Original review: July 8, 2021

I bought the Beautyrest PressureSmart just after Christmas 2021 for $200 less than the original price of $1,299.99. This mattress does not have a pillow top, the sales lady said that this mattress was much better than the $700 Beauty Rest with the pillow top. First night it was way too stiff for me to sleep on. After much bouncing and rolling around on it, (which is what they told me to do to 'break' it in. Now 6 months later it sags pretty badly. When you sit on the edge it really sags down, not like the pillow top that hardly moves. Both mattresses are medium firm.

After contacting the company Mattress Firm and explaining everything, I followed their instructions on checking the mattress for sagging. Of course using a broom stick with their measurement tool really doesn't show anything. They did not want pictures of a person laying on the mattress to show how the mattress really sagged. I will not buy from MattressFirm or get another BeautyRest mattress ever again. A total waste of $1300 on a mattress that is worthless.

Original review: June 28, 2021

My Husband and I bought a Simmons Danica Shores from a local furniture shop on November 14, 2017. This mattress worked fine for the first 18 or so months. It then started to sag on each side. The furniture store picked it up when we bought another mattress to replace this one so they could check out the issues we had. A call this afternoon from the local furniture company is the reason we will NEVER, EVER buy a Simmons product again. The mattress must be 1.5 inches lower when a board is placed across the mattress from side to side and if not, it is NOT under warranty cause they say there is nothing wrong with it. If the mattress is sent off for warranty and nothing is found wrong with it, we would have to pay the shipping to Simmons to have the mattress checked. Simmons has poor products and horrible warranties. BUYER BEWARE! Wish we had read these reports from consumers BEFORE we ever bought the mattress.

Simmons Mattresses Company Information