2.7/5 (1114 ratings)
Find a Mattress Brands partner

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2022

Shop Now

About Simmons Mattresses

Simmons Bedding Company is a manufacturer best known for memory foam and hybrid mattresses. Simmons’ Beautyrest line of mattresses has features like pocketed coil technology and ventilated fibers for maximum airflow. Simmons and Beautyrest mattresses are available for purchase online and through local retailers.

Pros

• Free delivery
  • 100-night sleep trial
  • Wide variety of products

Cons

• Possible deterioration issues

Bottom Line

Simmons mattresses are available in a variety of firmness options in all price ranges. Provides a 100-night in-home trial and free white-glove delivery services, but some customers complain about durability issues.

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2022

Shop Now

Simmons Mattresses Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Simmons Mattresses?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Simmons Mattresses?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

My husband and I bought a Beautyrest Mattress and adjustable bed frame. We have had it a little over a year and the sides have collapsed. Filed a warranty claim and gave all information pictures etc and now they are deflecting back to the company that sold it. They said they would contact me. Called the place where we bought it and they said Simmons hadn't contacted them at all. Just getting the run around from Simmons. Warranty is a scam!!! DON'T BUY!!!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

The mattress maybe great until it breaks. Don't buy. Beautyrest warranty is not hassle free. It is prorated and you have to do all the work. They do not simply replace the mattress or pay you what you paid.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

My wife & I have been sleeping uncomfortably for last 20 yrs. We just purchased our 1st Simmons, Sherbourne Medium & our back pain has completely disappeared from day 1 - amazing! We previously tried memory foam and other coil only mattresses but they did not help.

Original review: July 8, 2021

I bought the Beautyrest PressureSmart just after Christmas 2021 for $200 less than the original price of $1,299.99. This mattress does not have a pillow top, the sales lady said that this mattress was much better than the $700 Beauty Rest with the pillow top. First night it was way too stiff for me to sleep on. After much bouncing and rolling around on it, (which is what they told me to do to 'break' it in. Now 6 months later it sags pretty badly. When you sit on the edge it really sags down, not like the pillow top that hardly moves. Both mattresses are medium firm.

After contacting the company Mattress Firm and explaining everything, I followed their instructions on checking the mattress for sagging. Of course using a broom stick with their measurement tool really doesn't show anything. They did not want pictures of a person laying on the mattress to show how the mattress really sagged. I will not buy from MattressFirm or get another BeautyRest mattress ever again. A total waste of $1300 on a mattress that is worthless.

Original review: June 28, 2021

My Husband and I bought a Simmons Danica Shores from a local furniture shop on November 14, 2017. This mattress worked fine for the first 18 or so months. It then started to sag on each side. The furniture store picked it up when we bought another mattress to replace this one so they could check out the issues we had. A call this afternoon from the local furniture company is the reason we will NEVER, EVER buy a Simmons product again. The mattress must be 1.5 inches lower when a board is placed across the mattress from side to side and if not, it is NOT under warranty cause they say there is nothing wrong with it. If the mattress is sent off for warranty and nothing is found wrong with it, we would have to pay the shipping to Simmons to have the mattress checked. Simmons has poor products and horrible warranties. BUYER BEWARE! Wish we had read these reports from consumers BEFORE we ever bought the mattress.

Original review: June 9, 2021

We purchased a Queen size Beautyrest Pressuresmart mattress in Chandler AZ upon trying one of their perfect models on the floor. This model seemed firm and comfortable for both of us, accommodating our side and back sleeping habits. Salesman was nice and friendly and we had the mattress delivered after a few days. Upon receiving it and paying attention to the way this mattress was made we discovered a considerable lump in the middle of it. We requested an exchange, which arrived yet a few days later. This time, the delivery company rang the bell twenty minutes earlier than announced in an e-mail and on a direct call from them. The two 'handlers' were very rough with the new mattress, leaning it outside our door at an angle that could have damaged it. We refused to take it and yet another mattress arrived a few days later.

This is our third mattress by now... We took it in, set it on the bed and slept on it, only to discover that this one had too a lump in the middle! At $1,000 a pop we definitely expected better quality! We called the store which sold us the mattress (has the Firm name in it) and requested a refund based on the defective nature of this mattress. We were told to take some pictures, which would be forwarded to the District Manager of that store which would make the determination. Three entire weeks went by without hearing anything from them, then, upon visiting the store we were asked to take pictures AGAIN (!!!) showing a depression of 1.5 inches. We did just that with the help of a straight, long ruler and sent them away to the store.

A few days later we were told that the Manufacturer deemed our mattress to be within the norms of their manufacturing and would NOT take the mattress back. The District Manager of the Firm store, however, let us know that they will take our mattress back for $99.00 and refund us the rest. All in all, although we're thankful that the Firm store took the mattress back, we are NOT happy that we had to pay $99.00 for picking up their defective mattress. We are never going back to the Firm store and/or buying again a Beautyrest product. Shame on them! Save your money and get a much better mattress somewhere else for less.

Original review: June 8, 2021

The mattress was great for 3 months, then developed ridges and sinkhole in middle. Back pain keeps me awake most of night. Inspector took pics, looks fine till lie on it, so store says it’s fine!! A hole with a tarp over it looks fine too till you step on it. So unfair! Had previous Simmons for 18 years. Either Boscov's carries defective merchandise or Simmons has become a terrible company.

Original review: May 7, 2021

I have a Beautyrest Mattress with a 10 year warranty. I even got talked into buying the mattress protector to make sure my warranty stayed in effect. At 3 years, a spring or something broke inside my mattress. Should be no big deal right? Ha. They declined my claim because my bed frame, "which is also a Simmons," only has four boards instead of five. My box springs and mattress look brand new, no stains or nothing. Their warranty is a total scam, plus the purchase of the mattress cover.

Original review: April 16, 2021

Material is showing signs of wear at two months old. Bottom cushions won't stay put with the unused center cushion being the first and fastest cushion to move out and some times falls completely off the sofa. The Simmons company does not respond to emails. They have no warranty information on their website, although it can be found with a specific search, and is claimed to be one year. I do not recommend this company's products.

Original review: March 23, 2021

Poor customer service and communication. I was trying to receive a new mattress under my 10 yr warranty. They wouldn’t honor it, said it was normal wear and tear. Even though it slopes so badly on both sides, I practically slide out of bed. I should have paid more for a better mattress. Warranty means very little. I’m so disappointed with this company.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

I recently put in a claim on a (6) year old Simmons Beautyrest Legend mattress that was badly sagging. There is no way to speak to anyone via the phone. You have to chat online with warranty dept. but the chatting online is always down. This was a top of the line mattress at the time and expensive... Boy what a joke that was. The mattress started sagging into its fourth year to a point that ruined my sleep and gave me back problems. They state that their warranty standard is at least a 1.5" of sagging which is ridiculous. If you waited for an 1.5"+ of sagging you would need back surgery after that. I would never ever recommend a Simmons Beautyrest mattress or Mattress Firm store to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

We have this mattress a chance, but it’s just awful. It’s the Fairview Plush mattress and a Cal King size. After a night it makes a divot that is super uncomfortable. We rotate it, still bad. After a year, we are just going to buy something else and throw this $2000 mattress away.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

I purchased a Simmons dr hard queen mattress 3 years ago and it's already defective. It shows collapsing and springs showing around shoulder height on bed. When we contacted simmons they told us the warranty was void because it was soiled and that affected the mattress. I can't see how human sweat can cause a mattress to come apart like this. People sometimes sweat at night. We had mattress covers on our bed. I don't ever recall a mattress coming apart like that and for the reasons they claim. I phoned their warranty line but didn't receive any real assistance. They just kept saying it was soiled and that voided warranty. I will never purchase a simmons mattress again.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

I purchased a luxury firm mattress from a local retailer in 2017. Fast forward to 2020. It starts to sink on each side and have indentions on the top and bottom. When I file the warranty claim, they reject due to lack of support even though I'm using the box spring they sold me as a set. I continue to complain. They tell me they will help me with a purchase upgrade. Which requires me to purchase a very expensive newer mattress and they give me a slight discount. I refuse, finally after approx. 3-4 months they decide to replace my mattress. When my replacement finally comes it is a lower end. Nothing like what I had originally purchased. So I request my money back or a better mattress and of course they have refused and I'm out the 85 for delivery fees plus the original $800 that I spent on the original mattress. If you look on BBB there are hundreds of the same complaint.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

I have owned this mattress for 45 days and it sinks on the right side and left side already. It is uncomfortable because you are not even and we wake up sore in the morning. Simmons takes you down a long process of warranty discussions (just bought it) and then refuses to address the issue if the tag on the mattress is gone. They did not say that when it was bought and when it was removed at installation time. They were given a sales receipt and PO order from them that showed the product from order, shipment and installation. They said they could not help. A company that creates processes and trains employees to find ways to not address product problems or customer complaints.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

1st one traded for 2nd after 90 -100 days. Sheets pull off every 8 hours and mattress last 2 years with 1 person. Way overpriced and I wouldn't recommend it. Very disappointed. My mattress from 2008 was much better at 25% the cost and lasted 8 year.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

I have bought the Simmons Extra Firm mattress in July 2019 and started using it only from March 2020 after I was back to the US from a trip. In September, after using it for only 6 months I started waking up in the morning with back ache. I noticed the mattress has my body prints and 'sank' about 1/2 an inch already. I thought that if I buy an Extra Firm model, it will stay firm for a long time - that is not the case with the one I bought - Simmons mattress.

I filled a claim with customer service and called them after a week to check on the status. Well, they could not find my email so I re-sent it to them and stayed on the phone to make sure they have received it. I had all they have asked - the warranty label, photos that show the depression with measurements, and other pictures they made you take, like the frame, the base, etc. Four days after, I have received an email from them that that the depression is normal and therefor my claim is dismissed. I'm 6 feet tall and weigh only 145 pounds. Do you think an expensive mattress, extra firm mattress should start sinking after only 6 months of use? I would not recommend anyone to buy Simmons mattresses.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

I purchased a queen mattress by BEAUTYREST Simmons 2 years ago. The mattress material inside literally bunched up and went to one side when I moved it to another bedroom. BEAUTYREST did replace it with another that was not the quality I purchased. When unwrapped it to place it on the frame it had collapsed more than the first mattress! I called, never getting a return call.

So I went online, emailed and they stated I had to file like the, first one. I did and they denied the claim. They said I should not put a frame under the mattress that couldn’t support. I told them I had nowhere else to put the mattress. And why didn’t they call me back right after I received the mattress? It didn’t matter even filing the claim and seeing the frame they immediately decided to deny the claim. So now I am out hundreds of dollars and have 2 mattresses that can’t be used. I have always purchased from Simmons but not anymore. When the new people bought the company it went to heck in a handbasket.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

Less than 2 years springs died really badly of middle of the mattress. This is very uncomfortable to sleeping. Don't buy! Warranty 10 years but I registered, since never replied! Warranty process is too much things to do.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

We purchased a Beautyrest Recharge foam mattress and after a couple years the foam support on one side started to pull away from the body of the mattress and I've been sinking further and further into a hole. Going through the warranty process was an extremely long process. Filling out forms and supplying pictures, waiting months for approval or denial. Once approved finally, we then had to submit pictures of the tags being removed and cut up. Then you have to pay $85 up front to secure a shipment of your replacement. So we went through the entire process, paid the money and received confirmation that a replacement would be sent out in 4 to 6 weeks. 6 weeks went by and I called to follow up. Customer service tells me that my replacement mattress had been sent already to the delivery agent and they would follow up with them about a delivery time. 2 more weeks go by and I call to follow up again, keeping in mind this hole continues to grow.

Now I am told that there is a shortage of materials and that my mattress was not sent as I was previously told. My next "projected" shipment is next week, but that is subject to change based on supplies and availability. I bet they have not stopped making new mattresses for the stores! They will not offer a voucher that I can use towards going and just getting my own mattress. I would go get a different mattress all together, but have little choice other than to ride this out now and hope that some day, a replacement will be coming. I do not recommend this company! I had a previous mattress, not Beautyrest, that lasted over 20 years and no issues. Tried this new one, and it was shot in just 2 years. I wish I had my 20 year old mattress over this one. I'm tempted to buy a different mattress anyway and just refuse the replacement if it ever shows up.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

I purchased Beautyrest mattress 4 months ago. Worst mistake ever. Mattress very uncomfortable. It becoming uneven and I’m only 150lbs. First week I called company said give it time.... my body can’t take it. Wake up with body aches everyday. Never had none before especially my shoulders and back.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Simmons Beauty Rest World Class Dalton Plush - The mattress is great to sleep on. Everyone that has tried it loves it. However, the company was lax on a few things. Customer service was horrible. Warranty was okay but it took a while To get through customer Service and to fulfill my order. When they delivered the mattress, it smelled bad, filled the house with a chemical smell. They did take it back, however it took some time for the delivery. I do love the mattress.

Original review: July 24, 2020

Beautyrest mattress is one of the most comfortable and reasonably price. Had back problems and this helps me sleep comfortable. Have owned one for three years and still supports like new. Would recommend for all sleep problems with different price ranges. You can’t afford not to have a Beautyrest.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I absolutely love the Simmons Beauty Rest Recharge Lydia Manor extra firm. Bought it on US Mattress and it was a white glove delivery. It was a great experience and the bed is still phenomenal even after 4 years.

Original review: May 9, 2020

This mattress is junk. After less than 6 months the mattress has collapsed at least 3" in the sub structure at hip level. Given its a pillow top doesn't show the same as it springs back on exterior. Submitted warranty claim and they are declining as they expect the top to be depressed x amount of inches visually. The sidewalls are bowed out and I am now seeing a chiropractor. This model, their relatively new flagship product, has now suddenly been discontinued in Canada and now I am see dozen and dozens of complaints for similar issue and lack of warranty support. Disgusted... Avoid this product at all costs, don't believe paid shill reviewers.

Original review: May 8, 2020

The Heavenly Bed by Simmons is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. I felt well rested and my back didn’t hurt when I got up the next morning. I would highly recommend this mattress. If you want to try it out you can stay at a Westin Hotel. That is the kind of mattresses they have in their rooms.

Original review: May 6, 2020

The mattress when new was excellent. Like the design and the comfort that was there. Mine is firm. Don't like a mattress that sags. Cleaning is a breeze but with all King mattress's you need some help to flip or turn. Little awkward doing it by yourself. Happy with overall mattress.

Original review: March 30, 2020

Beware of Beautyrest, You May Not Get What You Pay For. I purchased a Beautyrest mattress through a national retailer who sent my order to the factory and then scheduled the delivery when it was ready. Below are the build labels as attached at delivery.

(Missing photo)

Also attached to the mattress by plastic fast tacks is the shipping label.

(Missing photo)

What are these other plastic fast tacks on either side of the foot of the mattress?

(Missing photos)

Why are these on my newly manufactured mattress which I watched the delivery crew unwrap and place on the platform in my bedroom? Neither I nor the delivery crew removed any labels. A simple reason jumps immediately to my mind. Other people have had this mattress and removed tags. I called Macy’s and was told the mattress was newly manufactured to my order.

I emailed the Beautyrest Warranty Department with attached photos and asked for an explanation for the two groupings of empty fast tacks on my new mattress. They had no explanation and insisted it was newly manufactured per my order. I wrote the CEO and Chairman of Serta Simmons Bedding LLC, parent of Beautyrest, asking for a new replacement mattress. Within days, I received an email to call the Warranty Department. The representative I spoke with did not have my letter with the photos documenting my purchase and the missing labels, just some information typed on her screen.

I explained the situation and that I wanted my mattress replaced. She also stated the mattress is made to order and she had no explanation for the two missing labels. I paid for a new mattress. Did I get what I paid for? To take it further, where has this mattress been? Is it safe to have in the house and sleep on? Will you get what you pay for when ordering a new Beautyrest mattress?

Original review: March 11, 2020

Material on one side is bunching up and the same side leaves a deep impression very uncomfortable. I called about the warranty and it is impossible for my husband and I to get the pictures they want. Want a picture of foundation which came with the mattress and a picture of the bed frame. We can not take the bed apart. My husband is 81 and I am 76. We bought the set in Nov 2017.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

This is the worst mattress that I have ever owned. I am sure that the factory will give me the runaround if I file a claim. If you are an "active" couple stay away from the Simmons beautyrest!!!!! It's destroying my sex life. From now on I will be trying a mattress for at least 30 days before I commit. SLEEP & my night time activities before bed ARE WAYYYY TOOOOO IMPORTANT to have a crappy mattress.

Simmons Mattresses Company Information