1.11/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Regency Furniture

Looking for a good furniture store?

57 Regency Furniture Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I purchased a complete bedroom set in June 2019 so that it would be delivered to my new home in time for my move in. After two months, I still do not have my furniture. They’ve called to deliver the complete set TWICE, only to then call me at 6am the day of the delivery to tell me something is broken, they have to reorder the dresser, and they won’t be delivering — TWICE! I’ve left messages to speak with someone 4 times and no one has called me back.

I finally spoke with someone last week who said she was going to talk to her manager and it’s been almost a week without a return call. I tried emailing them at the email address they provide in the order confirmation only to have the email returned to me as the email “does not exist”. I’ve NEVER had such a difficult time with any company, and I’ve never felt like my only option was to write a review so that no one else ever purchases furniture from this terrible organization. Do yourself a favor, and find somewhere else to purchase your furniture.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Had furniture in layaway. Regency Furniture (RF) did not honor the sale price and attempted to deliver a mattress of less quality after saying that they were taking 400$ off the balance due to the inconvenience. The store manager in brandywine is a liar and is full of trickeration. He is not customer service oriented so please beware of any deals that he is cutting. I have been without bed mattresses since July 27 2019. They lied and said they were delivering all my furniture and didn't send the mattresses or a dresser and I called 3 times prior to delivery and they kept telling me no balance. So when I went to the store after everything didn't come....I subsequently discovered that the mgmt cancelled my ticket and created a new ticket without telling me and never told me that I was getting a partial delivery.

Anyway I got some monies refunded. I went to Mattress Warehouse in Waldorf MD and purchased new mattresses that will be delivered on Wed. Do not shop at Regency FURNITURE. The headache is not worth the money you think you saving... I will not shop at Ashley Furniture, Value City Furniture or Raley's anymore since they are owned by the same people. INTEGRITY IS PRICELESS!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I order 4/7/2019. It been more than 3 months now still didn’t receive my bed yet. They are very terrible company. I will not recommend anyone. If don’t do business why you here? When I order they told me I will get up 3 weeks. They liar. I have to call every time. They will tell me somebody will call me tomorrow but nobody will call you. Every day they will tell me the same thing. Weird. Finally they call me after 2 months. They tell me my mattress not available. How you feel after 2 months? Doesn’t make sense and I have to go store and pick other mattress. They sell me more than market price. I show him Marlo and Ashley. They sell $549 but he sell $800 for me. Above market price. Too weird. Still didn’t receive my order. Please if don’t do business Close your store.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I would not recommend you to buy their furnitures from them and Ashley’s. They were not promising us on delivery to be on time. I purchased sectional and two beds in June 2018. The whole furniture finally arrived on Sept 2018. Now the sectional had three areas where the seams being opened that need to be stitched up. Then the arm to the chaise that connected to sectional is collapsed. I knew something is broken inside. I called because I purchased protection warranty. They said that warranty won’t covered these issues.

I had to call manufacturer warranty dept to see if they can cover it. The technician came in 3/25 and the guy said these issues are easily to fix. Last week I got call from Regency and said my claim was declined due to customer wear. I was livid because the sectional is not even a year old. I sent an email to top person last week. I got other phone call and had conversations for around 15 mins. They refused to budge or honor my complaint. They refused to make it right with me. I had to write bad review! I could go shopping at Havertys or other places!

Original review: March 25, 2019

Order furniture delivery date 3/18. Lady call and says no the 3/25. The things will be delivered today is 3/25. No delivery then I call Ms **. Says nothing is schedule. People don't let them greedy raggedy ** talk you into spending your hardworking money just to keep waiting on your furniture. I will never ever deal with these people again in life talking about they own Marlos ** value city or Marlos play no game like these people here. I'm so angry right then. This bum ** manager she makes me wanna spit on her **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regency Furniture?

Original review: March 17, 2019

This place is terrible, I ordered furniture back in February from the Regency store on Ritchie Highway. Here it is the END OF MARCH AND STILL NO FURNITURE! They changed my estimated time of arrival 3 times! Been in my apartment almost a month. NO FURNITURE! Worst place ever!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I reached out to this center as they are who handles the Ashley Furniture purchases in this area and my sofa pull out couch has a broken frame. At their request I emailed them pictures of the damage on 10/22/18, on 10/24 I called to confirm the email was received which a representative did confirm. Then on 11/5 I called back and the woman who was helping me on 10/22 apologized that nothing had been done for my account as she had a family emergency and was not in the office, she assured me that she would be following up ASAP as I explained that without the pull out couch my husband and I were very restricted on the help we could accept from our family as we were just bringing home our daughter and needed a place for our parents to sleep and help us.

Then on 11/9 I called again to be told that the manufacturer had not yet replied and that the matter was escalated to the supervisor of the department who was reaching out via phone to get a more immediate response. On 11/10 I followed up again to speak with the supervisor who was supposedly now involved, the woman on the phone explained that nothing I was saying was noted on my account, she couldn't tell if the manufacturer was contacted or why and could START my request, I explained that this had been ongoing since 10/22 and provided her with the names of everyone in the department who had been involved. At this point I was advised that she herself would be following up with the manufacturer as she could see from the pictures emailed that the damage was "extensive", she called back later that day and requested a serial # for the item which was emailed to her immediately that day.

I called back on 11/14 asking to speak with Laura from 11/10's interaction however was advised by Tracy that the account was not noted (again) and that Laura would be followed up with. Tracy confirmed for me that the couch was out of stock and she was attempting to secure a replacement for me from a floor model and would be calling me back with an update. on 11/16 I called back and requested to follow up with Tracey, I spoke with Fawna who stated that she was a manager and would be escalating the issue for me, she confirmed that the item was in limited stock not yet discontinued and she would be following up with me.

I explained that Tracey had already confirmed none were available but she insisted that she was doing something different and would be calling me back, on 11/20 I received a call back from Fawna to yet again confirm that the item was discontinued and she was working to now get us a credit for the couch, I explained that it was a part of a set and I would need a credit for the set so that I could purchase another matching set. I also explained that this issue had been ongoing since 10/22 with NO results from this department, and that every time I called to follow up I was forced to start over because people were not updating the notes on the account and no one knew where the person before them left off, in addition to that every time I called I attempted to follow up with the last person I spoke with to save time however was unable to and always was forced to speak to whoever picked up the phone.

I also explained that the manager of the department (Marla) was supposed to be called me back since my 11/10 follow up call and I never received a call back. At this point I explained my frustration to Fawna and requested to speak with whoever the department answers to because the inefficiency was making a resolution to my issue impossible. Fawna advised that she would put in a request for a call back to me however "they do not call customers back".

On 11/21 Fawna stated that all that was approved was a 600$ credit for the one couch, I explained I purchased this couch on sale and 600$ would not be enough to purchase another pull out sofa let alone replace the love seat I would also have to get in order to complete a matching set. At this point I requested that the 600$ be credited to my account (as I have a credit card loan for the furniture purchased) and that way I wouldn't be forced to do additional business with Ashley Furniture as I have had a HORRIBLE experience between the broken couch frame, and deplorable customer service, she stated this request would be forwarded. I called back again today, 11/26/18 and there is still no resolution. At this point in time all I want is to be able to have my 600$ credited to my loan account and to be able to walk away from this awful company. The furniture we purchased was poorly made and the guest services are even worse.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Please don’t purchase anything from Regency Furniture. I bought two brand name sofas from here for $ 5000, a week later I found a crack on the wood. I asked a carpenter to come and look at it, he said it’s clearly a manufacturing fault. I called and complained to owner and District officer, I was told they can’t do anything about it. I lost $5000 and they didn’t even care. NOT WORTH BUYING FROM REGENCY FURNITURE. WORSE PLACE TO BUY.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

It took Regency 2 months to get my furniture together. I ordered a king bed and mattress. They finally brought the king bed in but no mattress. The first delivery they couldn't put the king bed together because there were no screws so I had to wait and set another date for another department to bring screws out to put my bed together. Still no mattress. I finally got a refund for the mattress. The second delivery they were supposed to bring couch, chair, two twin mattresses and two twin box springs. They delivered everything except the chair so I refused the delivery.

I was told for the third delivery all of my furniture would be on the truck. Well when they got there of course my chair was not on the truck so I refused at delivery. Went back to Glen Burnie store and they told me the 5th delivery my chair will definitely be on that truck and I just politely told them just refund me my money. I shouldn't have to sit home not getting paid losing time off of work for five deliveries when I only have two tickets on file.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I purchase three tall bar stools and a Occasional table set, because the sofa and loveseat I didn't want. They gave me a store credit. No refunds on lay aways. Ok so I found the bar tools for a 100.00 each. They said that they would price match. That was a lie. The manager charge me 150.00 for the bar stools. That was the end of me doing business with Regency ever again. The store I found the bar stools was Ashley's furniture.

Regency Furniture Company Information