2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

1.1/5 (72 ratings)

About Regency Furniture

Regency Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regency Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regency Furniture?

Original review: July 19, 2021

Wanted to buy my wife a new dining room table and a server. Checked the prices online the night before. Saturday sale was 60% off if you were at the store by 10am. I showed the salesman the items with prices that I had written down the night before. He promptly told me that those were online prices only and not subject to the Saturday sale. I feel like a bait and switch "Sucker". Nowhere on the ad did it say internet prices only. This was the difference of over $700 dollars. This won't be a burn me twice moment because I am never going back and will never never refer them to anyone! My next stop is the MD Ag office of consumers affairs. Buyer beware of this business.

Original review: July 9, 2021

Horrible customer service and policy. The store manager made his own rule. They know very well how to cheat customers. Charged me additional price after placing the order then neither deliver the product nor refunded the money. Asked for 30% of price which was not delivered. Never buy from this store. Better products are available in many furniture stores in this area with lower price. This is a worst possible store I have ever visited. Terrible place to buy furniture.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 7, 2021

The worst business!!!! Don't buy from them. They rip you off and try to tell you it's your fault. Makes absolutely no sense but they will never get my business again. Better off shopping at Price Busters. At least you get what you pay for.

Original review: June 11, 2021

It is June 2021. We ordered our furniture with them knowing it was going to take 8 - 12 weeks to get something in. We called at the 12 week mark and they said it was going to take another 3 weeks at least. We've called at the 15 week mark (keep in mind, this has been going for over 3 months now) and the furniture is not in stock and they don't know when it will be in stock. I just wanted to replace our couches. DO NOT GO TO THIS STORE! They are not trustworthy or honest about shipments or products.

Original review: March 30, 2021

Do NOT buy any furnitures from Regency Furniture. They delivered a sofa which collapsed in few days from the date they delivered it. When I called they said they would send a 'Specialist' to review the product. I couldn't return it before it was evaluated by the Specialist. The Specialist took more than 3 months to come to my place. He reviewed the item and said it was a poorly made sofa apparently because Regency has outsourced their manufacturing to a third world to profit out of the cheap labour. That's why the product was falling apart.

He told me to call and explain the situation to the store manager. I had to make multiple phone calls to get the final answer. Per the Representatives, I couldn't return the furniture because it has been at my home for a 'long' time. At first I couldn't return it because the Specialist had to review. The Specialist took three months to come to our place. And now it is 'long' time. Regency robbed me $3,000 in daylight. DO NOT BUY from them! Save your money! Do not end up in debt for their inferior products. Oh, they don't call you back, by the way. You have to make all the calls and follow-ups yourself. Read the other reviews. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!!!

Original review: March 10, 2021

I place an order in January 2021. It's March and I have not received or talked with anyone and when I reach out about my concerns they made me feel like I was getting on their nerves but they want to keep telling me about a 10% cancellation fee. So I'm looking to get a lawyer to help me with getting my full deposit back. I don't recommend anyone to shop at Regency. My first and last time dealing with this store.

Original review: March 4, 2021

Please listen - DO NOT BUY THIS FURNITURE!!!! I purchased this furniture less than one year ago and already the furniture is breaking apart. I called Regency Furniture, to have my items serviced, not money refunded BUT SERVICED since they are less than a year old, and still under a manufacturer warranty with Ashley Furniture. The items should not be breaking/falling apart. I was told by Regency Service Dept. that they could not have a technician service my furniture because it was not covered under my warranty, this was incorrect information.

Attached to the bottom of my dining room chairs was a one-year manufacturer warranty, this information was given to the Service Dept. and an appt was schedule three months later for a technician to come out. The service technician tried to service my items, however; the wrong parts were sent, the Sofa was put together with skinny nails and not screws (this is the information I was giving) and would take about two hours to repair. I received a call today stating that they will not be able to repair any of my items. I'm so pissed!!!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

Awful experience, They never had my furniture in stock after 12 weeks. They could not find the pieces at other stores. It may be in another four months. They offered me a new set. The new set nightstand was damage. She made me believe refund that they were going to offer me was more and it was less. I’m now waiting another 12 weeks for my other nightstand.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

Bought sofa about a year ago. Broke the first time I sat on it.. Had to go to court to have it repaired... Found out when you sign your receipt fine print, NO CASH REFUNDS.. Less than a year later fabric starts to split.... Third party warranty they say they have nothing to do with.... Third party says I don't have the warranty I paid for... Deal with them AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE. REFUSE to HONOR RETURN POLICY. CORPORATE is UNRESPONSIVE. DELIVERY MEN did NOT WEAR MASKS and REFUSED to do so. Do NOT buy from here. During the past few months of stay at home orders, we decided we wanted a new comfortable couch for our family room. We found the Savesto sectional online. We couldn't see the furniture in person because stores were closed at the time and when we were finally able to shop in store the Savesto was not available in the showroom.

We were nervous about ordering without seeing in person but the manager ASSURED us we could return the piece as long as we did it quickly and would need to pay a pick up fee and either take a store credit or pay a restocking fee. We were fine with the return policy and proceeded. The sectional took eight weeks to arrive -- two weeks longer than the original quote of 3 - 6 weeks. When it was delivered, we decided the same day that it was much too large for the space and we called the store the next day to initiate a return and pick up.

They scheduled the retrieval which was to take place one week from the delivery date. Upon arriving and before entering our home, the pick up team declared they would have to examine the piece and would not take anything if they didn't like what they saw. They made it clear that were looking for any reason NOT to take the piece back. They pointed to what they called 'damage', but was in fact a manufacturing byproduct that the piece came with - see picture attached of the slight pinch of fabric in the corner.

One of the men who entered the house for the retrieval was not wearing a mask. I would not have let him in but my 70 year old mother with underlying conditions kindly opened the door before I could get there. I tried to explain that what he pointed to was not damage but he started arguing with me. I asked him to put his mask on at that point. He continued to point at area in the attached picture calling it damage, ignoring my request to put on a mask and simultaneously breathing all over my living room.

When I ask him to put on the mask AGAIN, he declared that he was leaving and stormed out. I called the store and they said they couldn't do anything and that I would have to call their corporate office (REGENCY FURNITURE). I called corporate and was told to submit photos and that someone would get back to me within 24 hours. It has been a full week since I emailed corporate and I have followed up by email several more times during the week and I have not received any response other than acknowledgement that the email was received.

I have been appalled by this experience. It is completely unacceptable. I feel deceived and taken advantage of as a consumer who did my part to understand the return policy before purchasing and took action quickly to meet the terms of the policy. I will continue to fight for a refund. I will NEVER shop there again and I will make sure EVERYONE I know NEVER SHOPS there either.

Regency Furniture Company Information