1.1/5 (74 ratings)

About Regency Furniture

Regency Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regency Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regency Furniture?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

I purchased furniture from Regency in January which was supposed to be delivered in March/April. I contacted the company numerous times. Finally, in September I went to the store, the salesperson, told me they were waiting for a foundation that was discontinued. He stated I would have been waiting forever, and substituted the foundation with another one. I received my furniture in October, minus the dining room chairs. I was told that the chairs may be available in January 2022. I had previously been told that I could get the floor chairs but that was not true. I was then told that if I found the chairs somewhere else they cancel that order without charging me. I did and they canceled the chairs, but the finance company charged me a fee as a new purchase. No one could explain what the fee was for.

The sales manager, Esson, said he saw the mistake which was made by an employee who remained with the company for only 3 weeks and promised it would be corrected by the CSR. Long story short, the charge for the 5-year protection plan, but no one at the company was able to explain this to me. I went back through my 5 sets of invoices (that is how many times either I changed something usually because what I had ordered was discontinued), and discovered the discrepancy. But the CSR should have explained this to me at the 11/11/21 visit, the 12/2/21 visit, or during the numerous phone calls.

My nightmare with Regency is finally over. I will never do business with this company again. The Capital Heights store will not answer phone calls. The salespersons give out their personal cell numbers to customers. But when I had the corporate office call, they still did not answer the phone. I gave her the sales manager's personal cell, and he told her he doesn't take business calls on his personal cell. There should really be an investigation into the Capital Heights (Ritchie Station) Regency Furniture Store. Please for peace of mind, avoid this store like a plague!!! If I could give it a rating of negative 10, I would do so.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

The store in Largo, has a very rude and unprofessional staff. They are unorganized and extremely unprofessional. I was hung up on by a gentleman who answered the phone after complaining about a product that was returned. I wouldn't recommend this location to do shop for furniture. An extremely bad experience. Although I like the furniture that I received the customer service is poor.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 19, 2021

Wanted to buy my wife a new dining room table and a server. Checked the prices online the night before. Saturday sale was 60% off if you were at the store by 10am. I showed the salesman the items with prices that I had written down the night before. He promptly told me that those were online prices only and not subject to the Saturday sale. I feel like a bait and switch "Sucker". Nowhere on the ad did it say internet prices only. This was the difference of over $700 dollars. This won't be a burn me twice moment because I am never going back and will never never refer them to anyone! My next stop is the MD Ag office of consumers affairs. Buyer beware of this business.

Original review: July 9, 2021

Horrible customer service and policy. The store manager made his own rule. They know very well how to cheat customers. Charged me additional price after placing the order then neither deliver the product nor refunded the money. Asked for 30% of price which was not delivered. Never buy from this store. Better products are available in many furniture stores in this area with lower price. This is a worst possible store I have ever visited. Terrible place to buy furniture.

Original review: July 7, 2021

The worst business!!!! Don't buy from them. They rip you off and try to tell you it's your fault. Makes absolutely no sense but they will never get my business again. Better off shopping at Price Busters. At least you get what you pay for.

Original review: June 11, 2021

It is June 2021. We ordered our furniture with them knowing it was going to take 8 - 12 weeks to get something in. We called at the 12 week mark and they said it was going to take another 3 weeks at least. We've called at the 15 week mark (keep in mind, this has been going for over 3 months now) and the furniture is not in stock and they don't know when it will be in stock. I just wanted to replace our couches. DO NOT GO TO THIS STORE! They are not trustworthy or honest about shipments or products.

Original review: March 30, 2021

Do NOT buy any furnitures from Regency Furniture. They delivered a sofa which collapsed in few days from the date they delivered it. When I called they said they would send a 'Specialist' to review the product. I couldn't return it before it was evaluated by the Specialist. The Specialist took more than 3 months to come to my place. He reviewed the item and said it was a poorly made sofa apparently because Regency has outsourced their manufacturing to a third world to profit out of the cheap labour. That's why the product was falling apart.

He told me to call and explain the situation to the store manager. I had to make multiple phone calls to get the final answer. Per the Representatives, I couldn't return the furniture because it has been at my home for a 'long' time. At first I couldn't return it because the Specialist had to review. The Specialist took three months to come to our place. And now it is 'long' time. Regency robbed me $3,000 in daylight. DO NOT BUY from them! Save your money! Do not end up in debt for their inferior products. Oh, they don't call you back, by the way. You have to make all the calls and follow-ups yourself. Read the other reviews. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!!!

Original review: March 10, 2021

I place an order in January 2021. It's March and I have not received or talked with anyone and when I reach out about my concerns they made me feel like I was getting on their nerves but they want to keep telling me about a 10% cancellation fee. So I'm looking to get a lawyer to help me with getting my full deposit back. I don't recommend anyone to shop at Regency. My first and last time dealing with this store.

Original review: March 4, 2021

Please listen - DO NOT BUY THIS FURNITURE!!!! I purchased this furniture less than one year ago and already the furniture is breaking apart. I called Regency Furniture, to have my items serviced, not money refunded BUT SERVICED since they are less than a year old, and still under a manufacturer warranty with Ashley Furniture. The items should not be breaking/falling apart. I was told by Regency Service Dept. that they could not have a technician service my furniture because it was not covered under my warranty, this was incorrect information.

Attached to the bottom of my dining room chairs was a one-year manufacturer warranty, this information was given to the Service Dept. and an appt was schedule three months later for a technician to come out. The service technician tried to service my items, however; the wrong parts were sent, the Sofa was put together with skinny nails and not screws (this is the information I was giving) and would take about two hours to repair. I received a call today stating that they will not be able to repair any of my items. I'm so pissed!!!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

Awful experience, They never had my furniture in stock after 12 weeks. They could not find the pieces at other stores. It may be in another four months. They offered me a new set. The new set nightstand was damage. She made me believe refund that they were going to offer me was more and it was less. I’m now waiting another 12 weeks for my other nightstand.

Regency Furniture Company Information