2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

1.1/5 (72 ratings)

About Regency Furniture

Regency Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regency Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regency Furniture?

Original review: June 9, 2020

I would not recommend buying furniture from Regency Furniture. The quality and finish of their products sucks. We bought a bed from them, recommended by their salesman, who said it's a good quality bed. When we received the bed the finish/stain at few places was not done properly and the under bed storage drawers had a few problems - the wood was splintered around one of the knobs (and to hide that they glued the knob to the wood) and from the inside the drawer was chipped and had splinters coming out. The technician came and told us they will change the drawers, and he used a stain pen to reduce the appearance of the imperfections on the bed where the finish was not done properly.

When the new drawer came, there were similar problems and the technician recommended that we should reject the replacement and that he would put in a request to reorder the entire foot board. But when he went back to the office he recanted what he told us and he put it on us claiming that we asked him to do that. We got a call from Regency and were told that these imperfections and issues were normal, nothing could be done about it, and we should just take it as it is.

Original review: May 28, 2020

Absolutely the worse furniture experience I've had in my life. I knew when I called that it would be because the chick who answered the phone didn't know her job well. She kept placing me on hold and cutting me off and speaking with others. Anyway, I get to the store - only to discover that my layaway has been discontinued. Then they tell me I didn't really have a layaway - I was just paying them for nothing. I spotted my very set on the showroom floor with a sign displaying 'sold'. I asked for the manager and things only got worse from there. Of course, there was the ethnicity issue where in his country women aren't thought much of. And then he told me he would not issue me a store credit or another layaway.

Original review: April 17, 2020

Please-- stay away from this shady place! They are not to be trusted. Listen to me and the many other bad reviews! This was the ABSOLUTE WORST experience I've ever had when purchasing furniture, or anything else online, hands down! I just moved, and am in the process of furnishing my new apartment. I Googled "red sectional sofa sleeper" and the perfect couch I was looking for popped up on a Regency Furniture ad. I felt so lucky to have found my dream couch. Little did I know, Regency Furniture would turn my dream into a ghetto nightmare. People standing on street corners have more integrity than these folks.

This is my story: I made my online purchase of over $1,200 with Regency on 4/15. Shortly after, I received an ambiguous confirmation email from Regency stating that I would be notified when my order leaves the warehouse. This email provided no transaction order number and no delivery date. I emailed Regency inquiring about my delivery date, and no one ever replied (that is common with Regency). This made me nervous, so I called the number they provided. I called over and over and over-- only for someone to let it ring 4 or 5 times then pick up the phone and immediately hang up. Leaving a vm was not an option. I got a hold of another number and eventually reached customer service. A tired-sounding woman told me to call Ashley Furniture because they did not have any record of my order in their system.

I was not able to reach anyone at the Ashley number Regency provided me with. I called Regency back. This time, another woman answered the phone. She notified me that the couch I purchased was discontinued!! Why in the hell would the Regency website allow a consumer to pay for an item that is discontinued?? Are they not updating their website?? Finally, I told the woman that I just wanted to cancel my order. She told me that they (customer service) could not give me my money back because they process all their transactions through ecommerce. She stated that all she could do was to email ecommerce on my behalf, and that I'd just have to wait for a phone call back regarding my refund. So...I gave them the benefit of the doubt, and waited. After 24 hours, no one called me back about my refund.

The next morning, I went through the same dance trying to get hold of someone at Regency. Finally, I got a strange email with a, so-called, refund receipt. The receipt looked very shady. There was no transaction number in reference to my refund. It looked like someone just threw something together just to shut me up. The following morning (4/17), sure enough, Regency furniture had charged my account for the discontinued couch they said they would give me a refund for. UNBELIEVABLE! Thank God I was able to dispute the transaction with my bank. Scammers!! I'm so glad I acted fast to protect my money from these people!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

I spent almost $2000 on a living room set. After being lied to about the delivery time frame, I finally got my furniture. I noticed right away it did not look like the set in the store. The big round chair was sunken in in the middle. The cushions were flat, and of poor quality. I contacted the store since I purchased the 5 year warranty, lol which is a joke. After going back and forth sending pix, I finally have a very nice gentlemen come to my home. He informed me the chair was a manufacturer defect, and so were all the cushions, and that the sofa had broken springs. Mind you at this point I hadn’t even had the set a month. The repair gentleman also informed me that they would not honor anything he put on the work order, and be prepared for a fight if I planned to get the set fixed/replaced. Boy was he right. They stated his report did not state any of the things he told me and that they ordered the new cushions just to amuse me.

Well here Inset almost a year later and this set looks like something I have had for over 20 years. The people who work there are so rude, so rude that they had me in tears. I have never gone through such an ordeal. I just sent an email again about the defective furniture (since I have the 5 year warranty) so we will see how it goes this time. But I advise anyone looking please be aware of this place. The items are not of good quality, and the employees are some of the most unprofessional people that I have ever had to deal with. Just be careful of this shady place.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

Furniture was selected October 18, 2019 and finally all pieces were delivered on December 31, 2019. On first delivery, which was November 14, 2019, the delivery personnel were too short and too small to lift and carry furniture. After inspecting furniture, the dresser was cracked on top and dented on the sides. The delivery personnel was rough with the furniture and all they cared about was placing it in the room. I refused the dresser and they took it back with them to the warehouse. Customer service is zero, they will not return calls, they will not update you on when furniture will be delivered, and majority of the times, calls go unanswered.

After sleeping in the bed the next night, the mattress was making a thumping noise against the frame and several nicks were in the headboard and footboard and nightstand. After several calls and the runaround, a repairman finally came out to look at my complaints. The bedframe was installed incorrectly and he fixed the nicks and dents on the furniture. I was never informed of the furniture had to be ordered, the no returned policy, or only credits will be given for unsatisfied purchases. I had to call customer service 12 times before I received a satisfactory answer. I will never go to this place again in life. Very unprofessional from start to delivery of furniture. If you are buying Ashley furniture, go to Ashley store, you will get a better deal and great customer service.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

Customer service is the worst. Took me 6 weeks to get my couch, then took 9 weeks to deliver the loveseat and they don't even match. Called them and no one calls back! Will be going to the store. And someone will talk to me and believe me I will tell those people in there to not buy from them because this is the worst company to deal with!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

The bedroom suite was purchased for my granddaughter 9/1/19, delivery 9/21. On 10/26, she moved the bed to pick up something she dropped, the side rail that fits into the headboard came out, splitting the headboard. The protection plan was purchased, called them. They said it only covers burns, spill that type of thing. I was directed to call customer service, called them. Was told to submit the claim via email with pictures. I did that on 10/29, after a week didn't hear from anybody so I called the store, Brandywine. Was told someone would call, called back 11/4, 11/7. Well, finally someone left a message to say it wasn't covered by manufacturer warranty.

On 11/10, I went to the store, spoke with manager, told how displeased that less than 2 months, this happened and they weren't going to replace it. He looked at the picture, looked on the computer, which I assumed at my claim, then told me he would take care of it. I asked what did that mean, he said he would get me a new headboard, he'll call tomorrow, to go home, which I thought was a little dismissive but since he was the manager, I left expecting word on when the new headboard would be coming. Well, instead of that call, I get another call from customer service saying it wouldn't be replaced.

You mean to tell me a bed, less than 2 months old I'm stuck with, can't really sleep in, purchased the protection plan, apparently no manufacturer warranty and I'm expected to pay. What kind of business is that, where is customer service, satisfaction? I've since called the store. The manager is always with a customer, etc and I won't leave a message because I know he's not calling back. I've sent another email to customer service, car, no response. How in the world, would you not want to make this good. I'm still seeking help, 7 on your side or something.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I have literally been trying to get my love seat repaired since June 2019. It cracked three weeks after I received. I called and was told that someone would return my call. After a couple if weeks I called again and the phone just rings or either a voicemail. I have left a message at least 10 times. Eventually, I went to the Regency where I purchased and they tried to call. They check notes and it showed that that were calling another number. I asked to have the number changed and I still have not received a call. Today, which is November 11th I have called three times. I have exhausted myself and the only steps that I have not pursued are so pursue to reach them legally. I would prefer to just have my love seat repaired. Tracey **

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Tell you that you can pick up your furniture. When you get there it’s not there. Try to find out why. Get to run around. Tell you that they’re going to call you back with an answer. Never hear a thing from them. The Ashley Furniture that we purchased is very good. You can buy it somewhere else and save a lot of headaches.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I purchased a complete bedroom set in June 2019 so that it would be delivered to my new home in time for my move in. After two months, I still do not have my furniture. They’ve called to deliver the complete set TWICE, only to then call me at 6am the day of the delivery to tell me something is broken, they have to reorder the dresser, and they won’t be delivering — TWICE! I’ve left messages to speak with someone 4 times and no one has called me back.

I finally spoke with someone last week who said she was going to talk to her manager and it’s been almost a week without a return call. I tried emailing them at the email address they provide in the order confirmation only to have the email returned to me as the email “does not exist”. I’ve NEVER had such a difficult time with any company, and I’ve never felt like my only option was to write a review so that no one else ever purchases furniture from this terrible organization. Do yourself a favor, and find somewhere else to purchase your furniture.

Regency Furniture Company Information