Mattress Warehouse

Mattress Warehouse

3.8/5 (174 ratings)
Find a Mattress Brands partner

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

About Mattress Warehouse

Mattress Warehouse was first opened in 1989 in Maryland. Our first full-time salesman for Mattress Warehouse is still with the company and has since been promoted to district manager! The first Mattress Warehouse store was a mere 1200 square foot area, and the first warehouse was simply a self-storage locker located in Frederick, MD. We have now grown to over 150 locations, and are well on our way to becoming the largest sleep chain in the industry. We are even able to offer customers the convenience of buying a mattress set, sleep accessories, and furniture-related items through our online store. For over 20 years, Mattress Warehouse has made our customers-our number one priority. Call us at 1-800-Bed-Sale or visit us online at www.SleepHappens.com.

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

Mattress Warehouse Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Warehouse?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Warehouse and Sleep Outfitters?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

I purchased a Sealy mattress and after 5 years the inner springs broke down, so I went back to store and they filed a warranty claim. It took 6 weeks for their third party inspector to come inspect my mattress. The following week I was notified it was approved for exchange so I went to the store the next day. I have a painful spinal disorder, so speed was very important and I didn’t want to wait a day more than necessary. At the store it took 40 minutes to complete the request to send to MW headquarters.

I had to pay $99 to have replacement delivered and they couldn’t deliver for another 5 days. If I had purchased the replacement mattress delivery would have been free. I suggested picking it up myself, and was told that’s not allowed. So basically I paid ransom to get the mattress that was rightfully mine. I asked the salesman to contact his HQ to ask them to expedite their final approval, and he said he wouldn’t know how to do that. So I contacted customer service myself. I gave them more than 24 hours to contact me before writing a review, and they still have not. Terrible customer service.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

We have been customers for the last 10 years. We brought all mattresses from this company and we were always impressed with the store management and the sales people. Recently, we went and bought a mattress for our old mother and we’re told by the store manager that she can try the mattress and can exchange it within 30 days. The mattress was terrible and was giving her backache. So we decided to exchange it after two weeks. The attitude of the manager was just rude and as he was not cooperating at all. We decided to Never buy anything from this company. It’s so sad that because of rude and incompetent customer service, Mattress Warehouse will continue to lose its customers. I hope that top management and PR department take training its managers and sales personnels into serious consideration.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

Mr. ** was on his game once again!! I met him almost 10 years ago when I purchased my first set of mattresses. We lost contact so I decided to visit the store and lo & behold he was still there!! I knew exactly what I was looking to purchase! He's the most acknowledgeable, professional manager/salesman I've ever met! My experience was AWESOME! As long as he's working for the company, he will get my business!!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

Purchased 5 pieces of Tempurpedic low profile box springs, spent $1600 but one of the piece was defective and called to exchange, they sent used one with back torn, so called again and they sent again the same old one stapled - did a horrible job so we had to send it back. Made videos for both. Since then the company has mistreated, never called by when escalated because policy is to never care for the customer and deal with store manager to get it resolved.

Left several messages for district, regional manager Mark **, but they had no decency to call back instead kept hiding behind store manager ** at 2639 North Salisbury Blvd, Salisbury MD store. Because of Mattress Warehouse, my uncle couldn't have proper sleep and had medical issues with his back and Mark **'s and company's attitude "who cares". Finally refunding only for the box spring and cannot return the box spring they took when we bought that and said too bad for us. Called Tempurpedic company and they were just as bad. These box springs are basically plywood and paying $300 just for plywood in the name of low profile box spring is a rip off. I would never recommend Mattress Warehouse company nor Tempurpedic products.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

They sold me a mattress and box spring set.... since they have almost nothing in stock at the store, they said they would deliver it in a week. Turned out I never got it because for whatever reason, they couldn't get it. But, over the next month, they kept giving me a date, and time of delivery, but it never showed up, and they didn't even call me!! I had to call them every time. After a month of this, I knew something was really wrong, so I asked for my money back. They then refused to give me my money back because they have a "no refund" policy in the small print. The store manager told me he had no way to refund my money. I had to go back and forth with them for weeks.

I finally called their corporate headquarters in Maryland and I called my credit card company to stop the payment. But, it took me almost 2 months to get it off my credit card!!! This was all for a mattress set they never had and could not get!!! But they still did not want to give me my money back!!! Even if it was totally not my fault, and I had never received anything, they still felt they had a right to keep my money !!? I don't recommend anybody to shop at "Mattress Warehouse"!!! Never, ever again!!!!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

We spent over $6,000.00 for our bed set that came with a 25 year warranty only to be forced to pay $102.00 for delivery of the replacement mattress. I told them I could pick it up BUT under warranty replacement that is not an option. To top it off they (Mattress Warehouse) had the authorization for replacement in May of 2021 (our replacement is due for delivery tomorrow, August 11th 2021) and failed to notify us of such. I have been sleeping on a mattress that was labeled “extremely bad” by their inspector almost 3 months ago.

The document stated we only had 30 days to find our replacement mattress or the warranty would be forfeited, which they said since it was their fault they would waive the 30 day stipulation. I feel they should waive the delivery charge in part due to; my ability to pick up the new mattress and them not contacting us. I feel I can’t give them a favorable rating due to me having to pick a different mattress manufacturer and having to sleep on a $4,100.00 mattress that I had to place a folded towel and blanket in the dip that had developed. (The “dip” is almost 4” deep.) In short .... I do NOT recommend Mattress Warehouse.

Original review: July 23, 2021

Our salesman John ** was friendly and informative. He steered us in the right direction for what we needed for our guest bedroom. We are planning on seeing him again for another mattress for our master bedroom. Thank you John!

Original review: March 24, 2021

I wished I never walked into this store. I purchased a mattress and received one that the head was going downhill about 3 inches. I reported it the next morning and have been given the runaround for 3 weeks. They have lied to me, did not return my calls and blamed Kingsdown for their corporate policy. I called Kingsdown and was told that an exchange could have been expedited and I was informed incorrectly!

I called the corporate office of Mattress Warehouse and was told I would receive a callback today and that hasn’t happened once again. I am at wits end after spending $1400 dollars. They didn’t seem to care that their employee was representing them in a terrible manner. DO NOT GO TO THIS STORE!!! I plan to call the Chamber of Commerce next. They should not be allowed to be in business. I have medical issues and went to buy a mattress to receive a better nights sleep and it has been a NIGHTMARE instead.

Original review: March 6, 2021

I would not ever recommend them. Was given a big runaround on correcting the wrong one delivered and spoke to three different people and all said something different about a date for the correct one to be delivered. Manager Mel. THIS WAS THE MATTRESS WAREHOUSE ON GUESS RD DURHAM NC.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

I purchased my mattress late October for about $1600 and it is the most uncomfortable thing ever. I am a small 105lb woman so it does take a little longer to break in the mattress (Wayne said). I called for a refund and was not informed there is only an exchange policy and also about the 100 day warranty until after I purchased the mattress. Mind you their computers were down and I STILL do not have a receipt of my mattress purchase. I went back into the store 2 days ago to try out other mattresses and The salesman Wayne was not helpful at all. He had me lie down on a bed to determine what type of mattress would fit best for me (again) and showed me 2 MATTRESSES!!! Both of them were SIGNIFICANTLY over the price of my first mattress. It was a 3k and 1k more than I would have to pay out of pocket. That is not an exchange.

When I had asked Wayne if there were any other beds (there’s easily over 50) he looked around and said “uhhhh yeaaa lemme see” and that was it. He did not try to recommend any other mattress and was VERY unhelpful. I tried calling corporate and spoke with someone named Paul and he was even ruder! He would not let me speak on the phone and kept telling me to go back into the store to try lying on the bed that finds your “perfect” mattress...which I just did 2 days ago and got nowhere. I am VERY upset with my purchase and I will make sure I tell Everyone not to shop here. Go to Mattress Firm... My boyfriend got a king mattress and adjustable base for less than what I paid and got the proper help as information on finding a right mattress for you. This is not a small purchase and I have been going to physical therapy and doctor's appointments because my back is killing me. Now I am stuck with a very expensive mattress that I hate.

Mattress Warehouse Company Information