Mattress Warehouse
1.35/5

Need a good mattress?

Mattress Warehouse

Mattress Warehouse was first opened in 1989 in Maryland. Our first full-time salesman for Mattress Warehouse is still with the company and has since been promoted to district manager! The first Mattress Warehouse store was a mere 1200 square foot area, and the first warehouse was simply a self-storage locker located in Frederick, MD. We have now grown to over 150 locations, and are well on our way to becoming the largest sleep chain in the industry. We are even able to offer customers the convenience of buying a mattress set, sleep accessories, and furniture-related items through our online store. For over 20 years, Mattress Warehouse has made our customers-our number one priority. Call us at 1-800-Bed-Sale or visit us online at www.SleepHappens.com.

Need a good mattress?

472 Mattress Warehouse Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

The $631 Biscayne mattress was horrible. I returned the first mattress within a few days because it sank. I only weigh 115lbs. The replacement gradually began sinking. I attempted to use the warranty to get a new bed. Wow was that a joke. I had my receipt, and the mattress had no damage from me due to ordinary use. I received a letter that I was receiving store credit. I attempted to use the store credit, and the run around started. Additionally, Mattress Warehouse wanted another $100 delivery fee in addition to the runaround!!!

I went to Walmart and ordered a new mattress for $150 with FREE delivery. Yes Walmart sells mattresses. I know you're thinking Walmart, mattress??? All of this stuff is made in China. The name brand labels and costs are the only difference. You buy a name brand mattress in the store and you're paying for marketing, lease space, sales people, etc. You buy a "generic" mattress online from Walmart, you are buying a knock off mattress at a 70% discount.

Anyway, since it's Walmart, and they have a strangle hold on their suppliers, if I am not happy, Walmart will pick it up for free, no questions, no forms and no hassle. I either like the mattress or send it back for FREE and order a new mattress and love it. At the worse, I throw it away in two years and get another one. It will still be cheaper than the $632 I spent at Mattress Warehouse.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I was sold a low quality off-brand product for top dollar, and when it didn't work for my needs, I had to spend hundreds to get right mattress. My wife and I originally purchased a king mattress from the Roanoke, VA - Valley View location 4/27/19. We explained to the salesman that I wanted a soft mattress while my wife needs something firm and supportive for her back problems. We were sold an unusual off-brand mattress (Cheswick Manor Bay Pointe) at top dollar ($1600).

After the second night sleeping on the mattress, my wife was in so much pain she vomited all morning. We went back to the store to explain that the mattress we bought wouldn't work even though the salesman had assured us we'd love it. We were given a "comfort exchange," but to do this we were charged a fee in addition to a second delivery fee. Neither time were we informed of the return/exchange policies nor were we informed about the $50 delivery fees. We were also never given the option to pick up the mattress ourselves, which we would have done to avoid the expensive delivery fee. We had to pay another $850 to complete our comfort exchange to a Sealy Copper II medium mattress in mid May 2019. We explained to the salesman that we were now $950 over budget on this mattress and that it absolutely needed to work for this exorbitant price.

The salesman assured us that we would love the mattress and that we would not have any problems. He also assured us we were getting a great deal on the mattress by spending $850 more (total of $2450), but when I looked the mattress up online after the fact, I found it can be bought for $1999. We explained to the salesman that we only purchased the mattress from Mattress Warehouse to begin with because my wife had purchased a Beautyrest Black from them 10 years prior and loved it. The salesman told us that they no longer sell Beautyrest black since it is an "inferior product," which was a bit confusing since it is a highly trusted luxury brand. It seemed he was telling any lie necessary to sell us a product. We trusted this retailer to recommended to us and sell what is best for us, and we shouldn't have trusted them at all.

We tried this mattress for several weeks only to find that my wife was again having back pain, and I wasn't sleeping well either. Frustrated, we called the location several times and even called corporate to find out what could be done. We want to be refunded so that we can go purchase something that will actually suit our needs. However, the local and corporate offices have told us that they do not refund anything purchased from them, and our only solution will be to push two twin mattresses together of different firmnesses. We explained to the local and corporate offices that we are uncomfortable with paying $2450 total for two twins that we are supposed to shove together (leaving a dip in the middle, a "no man's land") when we spent that kind of money to own a king mattress.

Additionally, the corporate office did not call us back as they said they would, and the local office told us we'd have to pay an additional fee to exchange this second mattress on top of having to pay the difference of two twins as opposed to a king. Buyer BEWARE. The business practices of this retailer are deplorable. They do not stand behind their product, and they tell lies and use misleading statements to rope you into an expensive purchase that isn't worth what you've paid for.

Every other reputable mattress retailer I've found stands behind their product with a 100 night in home trial, free returns, and typically free delivery (Purple, Nectar Sleep, Casper, Sleep number, etc). Not to mention these retailer have highly rated products at more affordable prices. My wife and I had a better night's sleep on a $50 air mattress than on something from Mattress Warehouse retailer that cost thousands. We have asked corporate for a refund, and we've received a no. We will never shop here again- avoid Mattress Warehouse!

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 15, 2019

Received what we were convinced a good deal at the Mattress Warehouse in Montgomery Mall, Bethesda MD, when decided to buy the KING size Tempur-Pedic LUXEADAPT mattress with EASE 2.0 Adjustable Base on July 4th, plus a set of KING Headboard mounting kit. The Regional manager and Jeff were patient, helpful and courteous to explain about the mattress set we wish to purchase. Unfortunately, things went from customer satisfaction to customer nightmare following the delivery on Monday, July 8th.

1. Mattress delivery came around 12:30pm on July 8, two hours after the heavy rain that morning. The delivery people came in with wet shoes, did not have the basics to protect customer’s floors in spite of heavy rain. Sadly, our floors, stairs and walkway to the bedroom were left wet and sticky. It seemed MW had contracted the wrong delivery people to provide decent delivery!

2. “Job half done is job not done!” The delivery people should have assembled the EASE horizontal Adjustable Base for the KING mattress properly – instead they left the foot cable not connected, would not disclose the cable connector was jammed, and did not bother to fix it and left. Distracted me by only switching the head remote control and did not give clear answer when I twice asked why the foot control didn't work. Received No help when called the store that night except “have manager call you the next day” which didn't happen until I called. We ended up must flipped the heavy mattress and Base ourselves to fix the ‘foot’ cable! Complained about the delivery/incomplete setup job to store manager Sugandha on Tuesday 7/9/19. She apologized and agreed to investigate and get back with me. However, have not heard, receive explanation, or offer any help as of this posting!

3. On Wednesday July 10, upon receiving headboard ordered separately and growing impatient with waiting, we attempted to connect our KING Headboard to the EASE adj Base; to our horror found the wrong size mounting kit/brackets for the headboard was dropped off by MW's delivery people. Upon checking my receipt, noticed standard size mounting kit was ordered by Mattress Warehouse (even though we’ve purchased King size horizontal split Base). We called Tempur-Pedic Customer Service to be told the bracket was the wrong size, we need “King horizontal split Headboard Brackets – not standard” (after we wasted an hour trying to figure out what's wrong). As a customer in good faith, we've expected the store will order the correct mounting kit for us!

4. When we purchased the KING mattress plus EASE Adj Base, plus KING Headboard mounting kit, the manager who wrote up our orders stated “the headboard mounting kit will be delivered at the same time when the mattress is delivered and will be mounted onto the EASE Adjustable Base”. However, the delivery people “dropped off” the headboard mounting kit, did not install it and left! On July 11, we called Mattress Warehouse to inform them they ordered/delivered the wrong size mounting kit. The salesman who picked up the phone asked, “did the delivery people installed it?” Then upon checking, admitted the store had ordered the wrong mounting kit, he will order the right kit and have us PICK UP the kit next Tuesday. No courtesy offer to deliver the kit to our house, no mention about mounting. Mattress Warehouse customer service AT ITS BEST!

Disappointment (to put mildly) to receive subpar and irresponsible services for purchasing the most expensive mattress set we ever had. We have trusted in good faith that:

a). Mattress Warehouse at Montgomery Mall had given us a good deal and will honor it.
      b). Will complete customer's orders without making mistake.
      c). Will contract the proper kind of delivery service to fulfil the delivery/assembling job.

d). Will provide decent, adequate customer support when something is not in order!

Customer’s nightmare does ruin any customer confidence, reputation of any business, and any return business. Reference: Sales Order #** on July 4, 2019.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Just walked out of Mattress Warehouse, wasn't hard because the store was empty every-time I shopped over 2 days. I was going to purchase 2 mattresses, a queen and a twin. They would never print me out a copy of what I was paying for the 2 mattresses, just gave me a figure. Anyway, I was within $50 of my budget, and they would not take an extra $25 off of each mattress to make a sale. They refused to lower their unprinted invoice by $50 to sale 2 mattresses at one time. I got up and walked out and will never shop for a mattress there again. This store is on a main drag and it's always empty with no shoppers. Wouldn't surprise me if they have a "going out of business sale" in the near future.

Original review: May 24, 2019

The most recent Mattress Warehouse experience I have had is the WORSE ONE yet. The salesmen - Scott and Sakeeb? - did their respective jobs and sweet talked their way into coercing us to buy a mattress. They made MANY promises before, and a couple after, the sale - NONE of which panned out! The BLAMED the delivery department, which is conveniently NOT A PART OF THEIR BRAND. They shrug their shoulders and wiped their hands off any responsibility. DO NOT SHOP AT MATTRESS WAREHOUSE!!! There are MANY other options to choose from.

We purchased a 6k mattress, and promise was made that they will take the old one away. When our son's mattress was delivered, they got the base for our mattress but not the mattress!!! What were we going to do with the damn base???? So they took it back. A WEEK later, they came back with our base and mattress. They installed it, got all the paperwork signed, and told us that they would come back for the old mattress. They drove off. Needless to say, we were MAD. When we went to the store to complain, they said "Wow! But taking the old mattress to the curbside is part of their job and the mattress contract! Wow. Unfortunately, we have nothing to do with the delivery department. We contract it out. So we can't do anything." Despite many phone calls and requests, the ** at the Churchman Road's Mattress Warehouse did absolutely NOTHING. Now, we have a king size mattress sitting on our floor - for over a month now!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Warehouse and Sleep Outfitters?

Original review: April 12, 2019

I’m going to start with Mattress Warehouse is the worst company I have ever dealt with. I have had to file a warranty claim on our mattress every year for the past 3 years in a row. They all sag over an inch and a half. The first time I upgraded the mattress and paid the $99 fee. The second time I changed it for the same mattress we upgraded to. Now the third time, we paid $1700 and you are only giving us $1300 plus we have to pay the $99. I had to file a Better Business Bureau claim which accomplished nothing except them including the whole set for an exchange or credit plus the $99 fee waived.

I have reached out to NBC 4 Working 4 You. I don’t want to exchange my mattress again for the same crap. I want a refund. My time costs money too!!! They had the nerve to upsell me in the email with the warranty letter. "We recommend you get another brand." Please be mindful that if you split the box spring and mattress set you void the warranty. This company is just horrible. I'm sure in a year I will be speaking with the head of the warranty department again. His name is John ** and he can be reached at 301-682-8504 ext **.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I received the same experience as so many of these reviewers. Purchased mattress on 9/29/18 and received on 10/1/18. Reported mattress sinking and slipping off bedrails on 11/1/18. Turns out this was a defective mattress and boxsprings set; not cut to regulation size standards. I, too, was shocked to discover that I could not get a refund. Mattress Warehouse ignored my legal request for a refund. Finally after much back and forth, rudeness in one case, and extended delays, I received a replacement on 12/26/18. I feel that this was not handled in a professional timely manner.

The replacement mattress set immediately made creaking sounds and mattress began to sink in sections. I complained again as this mattress did not feel like the one in the store. On 3/12/19, I received a letter stating that I could pick out another replacement. On 3/25/19 received third set. So far, this set has not made any creaking sounds or sinking. However, it feels almost the same as my old mattress of 16 years....used. I really question the quality of their product. And my calls to speak to the district manager went unanswered. I do not recommend because of the poor product and poor customer service.

Original review: April 7, 2019

Went to the Lebanon, PA store. Salesman was pushy, rude after we decided to return the mattress. He was aggressive and got physical by shoving receipt at us. Guy needs to be fired. I’m waiting for customer service to respond.

Original review: March 30, 2019

Great product and great salesman. The salesman knew the best mattress for my best sleep habits. Love the mattress and will buy from them again. The Lynchburg, Virginia store had a great selection. It can be hard to select the right mattress but with the help of your great salesman I got the right one for me. I liked it so much that I sent my son over and he bought him one. Great job Mattress Warehouse and Trevor ** the best salesman.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Bought pillows because of the buy one get one free deal. It took them 6 weeks to get our pillows in, they kept making excuses that it will be in the next truck delivery. No one contacted us to inform us what’s going on, ask to speak with the supervisor they said they will have them call us but never heard from them. We were thinking of buying a mattress but after this experience I will not go back. I will never deal with a company like this.

Mattress Warehouse Company Information