2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Mattress Warehouse

Mattress Warehouse
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.35/5

Mattress Warehouse was first opened in 1989 in Maryland. Our first full-time salesman for Mattress Warehouse is still with the company and has since been promoted to district manager! The first Mattress Warehouse store was a mere 1200 square foot area, and the first warehouse was simply a self-storage locker located in Frederick, MD. We have now grown to over 150 locations, and are well on our way to becoming the largest sleep chain in the industry. We are even able to offer customers the convenience of buying a mattress set, sleep accessories, and furniture-related items through our online store. For over 20 years, Mattress Warehouse has made our customers-our number one priority. Call us at 1-800-Bed-Sale or visit us online at www.SleepHappens.com.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Mattress Warehouse Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Warehouse?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Warehouse and Sleep Outfitters?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

Showroom was fine, made a deal, bought the mattress and box spring, would not deliver to my home. Total loss of my time and money. I would avoid them at all costs. Does not matter what a deal you get or how nice the mattress if they won't bring it to your home.

Original review: July 29, 2020

My Wife and I Bought an Aireloom Mattress from Mattress Warehouse. after the 3 year the $5000.00 dollar Mattress we bought started hurting our Back,

We called Mattress Warehouse in Gloucester,Va. where we bought it and spoke to Shawn the Salesperson and he advised us to call back and speak to the Manager Eric, Eric told us he would send out an Independent Inspector check it out and while waiting for the Report for us to come in and pick out another Mattress, while we were there he told us he knew the Mattress would need be replaced due to Aireloom Mattresses are no Good and in fact he will not carry them in his store, as He had bought one and it was a piece of crap.

After waiting over 30 days for the report we never got a letter or email of the Report. I repeatedly called asking if the report came in and was told it would be emailed which never came. after calling the Manager Eric he finally told me to call Headquarters in Maryland and Customer Service Answering Service recording advised if I we having issues with an answer from the store to ask the Manager Eric to give me the District Managers Number, well Eric told me he could not give me the number to his District Manager that the manager would call me that day, well the didn't happen as promised.

When the District Manager finally called he told me that the Mattress was within Aireloom's specs. I called Aireloom Customer Service to ask about our claim and was told by Aireloom they has no record of my Claim. I then Put Aireloom and Mattress Warehouse on a 3 way call and Aireloom Customer Service confirmed with the Salesperson Shawn at the Gloucester Store that in fact a Claim was never filed. At that point we knew this whole process for over a Month was a lie. When I spoke to the District Manager about this information he told me that there was no warranty and case closed. Buyer Beware!!!

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: July 23, 2020

Ordered mattress from MW in Newark, DE on evening of Friday, June 26, 2020 (delivery scheduled July 3, 2020). Cancelled order on the morning of Monday, June 29, 2020 (i.e., less than 1 business day later). Was told by sales rep it would take 5-7 business days to process refund because they don't do it in the store - it's sent to the corporate office for processing. July 13th - still no refund and when I called I was told it could take 3-4 weeks now. July 23rd - spoke to district manager and was told it now could take 4-6 weeks for refund! This is totally unacceptable for a cancelled order (i.e., nothing was received so nothing needed to be returned)! EXTREMELY POOR accounting practices with this company - COVID-19 or not! It should NOT take that long to process a refund for an order cancellation. I will NEVER purchase anything from this company in the future. Be warned!

Original review: June 8, 2020

28 Dec 2019, salesman Glen, very nice but didn't tell the whole truth. Said I had 30 days to return. Did not tell me I had to keep it for at least 30 days before returning. Did not tell me that the base was NOT RETURNABLE. I paid 2,196.94 assuming what I was told was true, or should I say what I was NOT told. The mattress was fine but the mechanical base did not work for me. When in an elevated position the bedside table was behind me and no access to anything on that table, lamp, medication, radio or phone. A very lengthy discussion to solve the problem. Ali got involved.

I agreed to accept a box spring instead of the mechanical base and ordered a 9 inch spring. They came with a 5 inch box spring so another few weeks to get that solved. Looks like I paid 900.00 for a box spring. Add that when the first delivery was made they set up the control mechanism that gets plugged into an outlet and the wires were between the bed and the opposite wall leaving about 6 feet of exposed wire I would have to step over all the time. At age 79 it was a bit dangerous for me.

Original review: June 2, 2020

This mattress lost its support. It's like sleeping in a hammock now. Unfortunately, the warranty requires a full 1-1/2" of depression before they will do anything. It recovers to about an inch of sagging. It's measured using a Plexiglas plate that weighs nothing to evaluate the sag. So, it has nothing to do with support. The warranty language basically excludes everything unless it hits 1-1/2" sag. So even though we sleep in a hole, because it rebounds to less than 1-1/2" with no weight on it, they denied my claim. I would not even be wary of this mattress, I would avoid it like the plague. Do not buy a Kingsdown mattress, period. It will sag and lose support, but the top layer will rebound just enough to deny your claim. REGRET, REGRET, REGRET.

Original review: March 9, 2020

If you would need to return your purchase you are in for a big disappointment. They require you to keep the item for thirty days, and another ten to fourteen days to return your money. Take note of all of the poor reviews.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I purchased a new king mattress and box springs from the Winchester, VA, location on 12/14/19. My salesperson was extremely knowledgeable, professional and polite. However, on the day of the delivery, 12/20/19, things took a very ugly turn. Despite having already paid for the removal of the old mattress and two box springs, the delivery guys refused to remove the old mattress due to three urine stains caused by my pets. These were very old stains, mind you, were not "serious" stains because they had been cleaned immediately, and how no odor to whatsoever.

I was told that the mattress was considered a bio-hazard and the delivery guys could not put them on the truck with other mattresses. Never mind the fact that these were old stains which had no odor to whatsoever. Never mind the fact that ALL new mattresses and box springs come delivered SEALED in thick plastic wrapping. Never mind the fact that nothing was said to me about this when I placed the order. And, to make matters worse, these same delivery guys who refused to take the mattress, offered to "help me out" by taking the mattress if I paid them each $10 and paid the disposal fee of $30, which is apparently the disposal fee in Fairfax Station, VA.

Upon calling customer service in Frederick, MD, the customer service manager, John, couldn't have been any less concerned and more cavalier about my situation. The fact that the delivery guys were willing to take the old mattress for an extra $50 was, as John stated, "between me and the delivery guys". I then asked John to pick up my new mattress and box springs and give me a refund. His reply was, "that's not going to happen". I then stated I would contact the BBB, to which he simply stated, "go right ahead".

Now, folks, I ask you, is THIS the kind of company you want to support by purchasing their products??? I purchased the previous mattress and box springs from this same company. Obviously, customer loyalty means nothing either. Save yourselves a lot of heartache, folks, give your business to a company who truly appreciates their customers, not only during the sale, but more importantly, in customer service. Needless to say, I will never make a purchase from Mattress Warehouse Sleep Happens again. Their customer support is even lower on the food chain than some of the sales people you find at used car lots.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I had a terrific experience with Mattress Warehouse in Macedonia, Ohio. Jim, the manager, was simply awesome. He was very knowledgeable, patient and straightforward. It really was the best customer service for any purchase I've made this year. Thank you so much Jim at Mattress Warehouse in Macedonia, Ohio.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I made the mistake of purchasing a mattress set from the Arlington Virginia's Wilson Blvd. store. The salespersons were very nice (until sell final) but their headquarters or management office in Frederick MD follows unethical practices and their policies during an exchange process were robbery!! Exchanged and uncomfortable mattress. Salesperson said I had to keep the first box spring though it was a different brand from the matress set I chose for replacement. I asked why because I had paid the difference of the two mattresses and the box spring came with it. I was shown a policy that stated only replace mattresses. I was forced to purchase a separate box spring of the same brand as the second mattress so as not to affect the comfort of the more expensive mattress set. I guess that means the Wilson Blvd. location salespersons adhere to the same unethical practices as the company itself.

At that time it was my option whether to keep the first box spring since it came with the mattress and I had paid a separate cost in a separate purchase for a second standard box spring. The first one was a low profile box so I decided to keep it in case needed later and was not giving Mattress Warehouse anything for free!! Allegedly Mattress Warehouse does not resell mattresses or box springs that are returned but the mattress was under a month old and the delivery guys were covering it and taping it up as if to fully protect something they were allegedly destroy. I question that. Anyway, the salesperson was supposed to make notations about the box spring and me to let them know whether I was keeping it or them taking it. In the end, I had to battle with a rude Frederick MD dispatcher and her manager.

I called the Wilson Blvd. store location for help since the Frederick MD dispatcher refused to. I got the delivery persons out of the house so we called from outside. The managers amd store salesperson was USELESS!! I showed or was a separate purchase for the box and had nothing to do with the first order, the one the first box came with. They wanted to take everything back and rocket at which time I knew I would not see another delivery any time soon. They threatened to call the police. I had the receipts but did not want the drama in the neighborhood. The stores salesperson kept reaching out to his manager who remained useless. I've never purchased a mattress from one of these places before and I would highly recommend that no one does. The mattresses purchased were not the inexpensive ones either.

They took the box spring I purchased the first time which is stealing!!! If they do not resell the box springs and mattresses why were there so aggressive in their approach? They should be investigated further to see if they are working with the laws mandated for the proper disposal of used mattresses and box springs. I will pursue further actions. Buyer beware though there are not a whole lot of store options with online competition! At least purchase from Macy's or a regular furniture store. Policy is better at Macy's and reviews can be subjective where comfort is concerned. My complaint is of an ethical nature.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I bought my first out of 4 mattresses in 1 year they were all labeled defective. Now I am fighting for my 4th one that has sunken in in 1 month's time and the other side is up hill. There service manager John ** is the one that runs this company and makes all the decisions there. I have spent 25 hours going back & forth to store & home getting them checked by inspector and them delivering and taking back the matterses. Now the last that is a Stearns & Foster nothing like in store at all that has sunken in is not defective. Buyer Beware. Do not shop at any of these stores.

Mattress Warehouse Company Information