2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Mattress Warehouse

Mattress Warehouse
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.38/5

Mattress Warehouse was first opened in 1989 in Maryland. Our first full-time salesman for Mattress Warehouse is still with the company and has since been promoted to district manager! The first Mattress Warehouse store was a mere 1200 square foot area, and the first warehouse was simply a self-storage locker located in Frederick, MD. We have now grown to over 150 locations, and are well on our way to becoming the largest sleep chain in the industry. We are even able to offer customers the convenience of buying a mattress set, sleep accessories, and furniture-related items through our online store. For over 20 years, Mattress Warehouse has made our customers-our number one priority. Call us at 1-800-Bed-Sale or visit us online at www.SleepHappens.com.

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2020

Shop Now

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2020

Shop Now

Mattress Warehouse Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Warehouse?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Warehouse and Sleep Outfitters?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

We came in for kids' mattresses, and it was awesome! Ryan greeted us and was kind enough to guide us to Amit for help with 3 mattresses. This was our 5th shopping trip in 2 months for mattresses. Within 3 minutes, Amit knew what we needed and showed us options. He got it perfectly, and we were so happy to purchase all 3 easily and with excellent customer service. We purchased 2 mattresses there 3 years ago and they are still in magnificent condition, the liners are a god-send and we are so happy to be customers of theirs! Thank you to Amit and Ryan for another perfect experience!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

If you are looking for the most DYNAMITE mattress, go to Mattress Warehouse on 1257 Quintillio Drive in Bear, DE and ask for Saqib. He will put you on an Electronic Bed which will ask you important questions about your sleep habits. Then the Electronic Bed will give Saqib 8-10 mattresses that will delight and amaze you!!! Saqib will first give you a top quality pillow to sleep on. Then he will ask you to lay on each mattress, asking you important questions about how does this mattress make you feel. All the time, Saqib is taking mental notes on your every answer.

I received 0% financing which allowed me to take my "BEST" mattress home and sleep in luxury while I paid on time. I wake up in the morning, ready to attack my day with fun, energy and excitement!!! At the end of our discussion when I picked my Tempurpedic mattress, Saqib confided to me that he also sleeps on the same mattress I chose and loves every minute of his night's rest. I was so excited because I then knew that I had definitely picked out the right mattress for the best night's sleep I have ever had!!! Thanks, Saqib!

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I had a terrific experience with Mattress Warehouse in Macedonia, Ohio. Jim, the manager, was simply awesome. He was very knowledgeable, patient and straightforward. It really was the best customer service for any purchase I've made this year. Thank you so much Jim at Mattress Warehouse in Macedonia, Ohio.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

Showroom was fine, made a deal, bought the mattress and box spring, would not deliver to my home. Total loss of my time and money. I would avoid them at all costs. Does not matter what a deal you get or how nice the mattress if they won't bring it to your home.

Original review: July 29, 2020

My Wife and I Bought an Aireloom Mattress from Mattress Warehouse. after the 3 year the $5000.00 dollar Mattress we bought started hurting our Back,

We called Mattress Warehouse in Gloucester,Va. where we bought it and spoke to Shawn the Salesperson and he advised us to call back and speak to the Manager Eric, Eric told us he would send out an Independent Inspector check it out and while waiting for the Report for us to come in and pick out another Mattress, while we were there he told us he knew the Mattress would need be replaced due to Aireloom Mattresses are no Good and in fact he will not carry them in his store, as He had bought one and it was a piece of crap.

After waiting over 30 days for the report we never got a letter or email of the Report. I repeatedly called asking if the report came in and was told it would be emailed which never came. after calling the Manager Eric he finally told me to call Headquarters in Maryland and Customer Service Answering Service recording advised if I we having issues with an answer from the store to ask the Manager Eric to give me the District Managers Number, well Eric told me he could not give me the number to his District Manager that the manager would call me that day, well the didn't happen as promised.

When the District Manager finally called he told me that the Mattress was within Aireloom's specs. I called Aireloom Customer Service to ask about our claim and was told by Aireloom they has no record of my Claim. I then Put Aireloom and Mattress Warehouse on a 3 way call and Aireloom Customer Service confirmed with the Salesperson Shawn at the Gloucester Store that in fact a Claim was never filed. At that point we knew this whole process for over a Month was a lie. When I spoke to the District Manager about this information he told me that there was no warranty and case closed. Buyer Beware!!!

Original review: July 23, 2020

Ordered mattress from MW in Newark, DE on evening of Friday, June 26, 2020 (delivery scheduled July 3, 2020). Cancelled order on the morning of Monday, June 29, 2020 (i.e., less than 1 business day later). Was told by sales rep it would take 5-7 business days to process refund because they don't do it in the store - it's sent to the corporate office for processing. July 13th - still no refund and when I called I was told it could take 3-4 weeks now. July 23rd - spoke to district manager and was told it now could take 4-6 weeks for refund! This is totally unacceptable for a cancelled order (i.e., nothing was received so nothing needed to be returned)! EXTREMELY POOR accounting practices with this company - COVID-19 or not! It should NOT take that long to process a refund for an order cancellation. I will NEVER purchase anything from this company in the future. Be warned!

Original review: June 8, 2020

28 Dec 2019, salesman Glen, very nice but didn't tell the whole truth. Said I had 30 days to return. Did not tell me I had to keep it for at least 30 days before returning. Did not tell me that the base was NOT RETURNABLE. I paid 2,196.94 assuming what I was told was true, or should I say what I was NOT told. The mattress was fine but the mechanical base did not work for me. When in an elevated position the bedside table was behind me and no access to anything on that table, lamp, medication, radio or phone. A very lengthy discussion to solve the problem. Ali got involved.

I agreed to accept a box spring instead of the mechanical base and ordered a 9 inch spring. They came with a 5 inch box spring so another few weeks to get that solved. Looks like I paid 900.00 for a box spring. Add that when the first delivery was made they set up the control mechanism that gets plugged into an outlet and the wires were between the bed and the opposite wall leaving about 6 feet of exposed wire I would have to step over all the time. At age 79 it was a bit dangerous for me.

Original review: June 2, 2020

This mattress lost its support. It's like sleeping in a hammock now. Unfortunately, the warranty requires a full 1-1/2" of depression before they will do anything. It recovers to about an inch of sagging. It's measured using a Plexiglas plate that weighs nothing to evaluate the sag. So, it has nothing to do with support. The warranty language basically excludes everything unless it hits 1-1/2" sag. So even though we sleep in a hole, because it rebounds to less than 1-1/2" with no weight on it, they denied my claim. I would not even be wary of this mattress, I would avoid it like the plague. Do not buy a Kingsdown mattress, period. It will sag and lose support, but the top layer will rebound just enough to deny your claim. REGRET, REGRET, REGRET.

Original review: March 9, 2020

If you would need to return your purchase you are in for a big disappointment. They require you to keep the item for thirty days, and another ten to fourteen days to return your money. Take note of all of the poor reviews.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I purchased a new king mattress and box springs from the Winchester, VA, location on 12/14/19. My salesperson was extremely knowledgeable, professional and polite. However, on the day of the delivery, 12/20/19, things took a very ugly turn. Despite having already paid for the removal of the old mattress and two box springs, the delivery guys refused to remove the old mattress due to three urine stains caused by my pets. These were very old stains, mind you, were not "serious" stains because they had been cleaned immediately, and how no odor to whatsoever.

I was told that the mattress was considered a bio-hazard and the delivery guys could not put them on the truck with other mattresses. Never mind the fact that these were old stains which had no odor to whatsoever. Never mind the fact that ALL new mattresses and box springs come delivered SEALED in thick plastic wrapping. Never mind the fact that nothing was said to me about this when I placed the order. And, to make matters worse, these same delivery guys who refused to take the mattress, offered to "help me out" by taking the mattress if I paid them each $10 and paid the disposal fee of $30, which is apparently the disposal fee in Fairfax Station, VA.

Upon calling customer service in Frederick, MD, the customer service manager, John, couldn't have been any less concerned and more cavalier about my situation. The fact that the delivery guys were willing to take the old mattress for an extra $50 was, as John stated, "between me and the delivery guys". I then asked John to pick up my new mattress and box springs and give me a refund. His reply was, "that's not going to happen". I then stated I would contact the BBB, to which he simply stated, "go right ahead".

Now, folks, I ask you, is THIS the kind of company you want to support by purchasing their products??? I purchased the previous mattress and box springs from this same company. Obviously, customer loyalty means nothing either. Save yourselves a lot of heartache, folks, give your business to a company who truly appreciates their customers, not only during the sale, but more importantly, in customer service. Needless to say, I will never make a purchase from Mattress Warehouse Sleep Happens again. Their customer support is even lower on the food chain than some of the sales people you find at used car lots.

Mattress Warehouse Company Information