Find a Mattress Brands partner

Mattress Warehouse

Mattress Warehouse

1.4/5 (242 ratings)
Find a Mattress Brands partner

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

About Mattress Warehouse

Mattress Warehouse was first opened in 1989 in Maryland. Our first full-time salesman for Mattress Warehouse is still with the company and has since been promoted to district manager! The first Mattress Warehouse store was a mere 1200 square foot area, and the first warehouse was simply a self-storage locker located in Frederick, MD. We have now grown to over 150 locations, and are well on our way to becoming the largest sleep chain in the industry. We are even able to offer customers the convenience of buying a mattress set, sleep accessories, and furniture-related items through our online store. For over 20 years, Mattress Warehouse has made our customers-our number one priority. Call us at 1-800-Bed-Sale or visit us online at www.SleepHappens.com.

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

Mattress Warehouse Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Warehouse?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Warehouse and Sleep Outfitters?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

We came in for kids' mattresses, and it was awesome! Ryan greeted us and was kind enough to guide us to Amit for help with 3 mattresses. This was our 5th shopping trip in 2 months for mattresses. Within 3 minutes, Amit knew what we needed and showed us options. He got it perfectly, and we were so happy to purchase all 3 easily and with excellent customer service. We purchased 2 mattresses there 3 years ago and they are still in magnificent condition, the liners are a god-send and we are so happy to be customers of theirs! Thank you to Amit and Ryan for another perfect experience!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

If you are looking for the most DYNAMITE mattress, go to Mattress Warehouse on 1257 Quintillio Drive in Bear, DE and ask for Saqib. He will put you on an Electronic Bed which will ask you important questions about your sleep habits. Then the Electronic Bed will give Saqib 8-10 mattresses that will delight and amaze you!!! Saqib will first give you a top quality pillow to sleep on. Then he will ask you to lay on each mattress, asking you important questions about how does this mattress make you feel. All the time, Saqib is taking mental notes on your every answer.

I received 0% financing which allowed me to take my "BEST" mattress home and sleep in luxury while I paid on time. I wake up in the morning, ready to attack my day with fun, energy and excitement!!! At the end of our discussion when I picked my Tempurpedic mattress, Saqib confided to me that he also sleeps on the same mattress I chose and loves every minute of his night's rest. I was so excited because I then knew that I had definitely picked out the right mattress for the best night's sleep I have ever had!!! Thanks, Saqib!

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 24, 2021

I wished I never walked into this store. I purchased a mattress and received one that the head was going downhill about 3 inches. I reported it the next morning and have been given the runaround for 3 weeks. They have lied to me, did not return my calls and blamed Kingsdown for their corporate policy. I called Kingsdown and was told that an exchange could have been expedited and I was informed incorrectly!

I called the corporate office of Mattress Warehouse and was told I would receive a callback today and that hasn’t happened once again. I am at wits end after spending $1400 dollars. They didn’t seem to care that their employee was representing them in a terrible manner. DO NOT GO TO THIS STORE!!! I plan to call the Chamber of Commerce next. They should not be allowed to be in business. I have medical issues and went to buy a mattress to receive a better nights sleep and it has been a NIGHTMARE instead.

Original review: March 6, 2021

I would not ever recommend them. Was given a big runaround on correcting the wrong one delivered and spoke to three different people and all said something different about a date for the correct one to be delivered. Manager Mel. THIS WAS THE MATTRESS WAREHOUSE ON GUESS RD DURHAM NC.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

I purchased my mattress late October for about $1600 and it is the most uncomfortable thing ever. I am a small 105lb woman so it does take a little longer to break in the mattress (Wayne said). I called for a refund and was not informed there is only an exchange policy and also about the 100 day warranty until after I purchased the mattress. Mind you their computers were down and I STILL do not have a receipt of my mattress purchase. I went back into the store 2 days ago to try out other mattresses and The salesman Wayne was not helpful at all. He had me lie down on a bed to determine what type of mattress would fit best for me (again) and showed me 2 MATTRESSES!!! Both of them were SIGNIFICANTLY over the price of my first mattress. It was a 3k and 1k more than I would have to pay out of pocket. That is not an exchange.

When I had asked Wayne if there were any other beds (there’s easily over 50) he looked around and said “uhhhh yeaaa lemme see” and that was it. He did not try to recommend any other mattress and was VERY unhelpful. I tried calling corporate and spoke with someone named Paul and he was even ruder! He would not let me speak on the phone and kept telling me to go back into the store to try lying on the bed that finds your “perfect” mattress...which I just did 2 days ago and got nowhere. I am VERY upset with my purchase and I will make sure I tell Everyone not to shop here. Go to Mattress Firm... My boyfriend got a king mattress and adjustable base for less than what I paid and got the proper help as information on finding a right mattress for you. This is not a small purchase and I have been going to physical therapy and doctor's appointments because my back is killing me. Now I am stuck with a very expensive mattress that I hate.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

We purchased a very expensive mattress. It was very firm to begin with and we knew it would soften. It has softened too much, that it feels like a soft mattress. So so we decided to opt for the one-time-exchange. We were told that that was only good for the first 100 days, yet our paperwork/receipt does not mention the 100 days - the same paperwork that discusses the 10-year warranty. So we have a $2500 bed that we cannot sleep on. Likely going to pursue small claims court for misrepresenting their exchange policy.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

Showroom was fine, made a deal, bought the mattress and box spring, would not deliver to my home. Total loss of my time and money. I would avoid them at all costs. Does not matter what a deal you get or how nice the mattress if they won't bring it to your home.

Original review: July 29, 2020

My Wife and I Bought an Aireloom Mattress from Mattress Warehouse. after the 3 year the $5000.00 dollar Mattress we bought started hurting our Back,

We called Mattress Warehouse in Gloucester,Va. where we bought it and spoke to Shawn the Salesperson and he advised us to call back and speak to the Manager Eric, Eric told us he would send out an Independent Inspector check it out and while waiting for the Report for us to come in and pick out another Mattress, while we were there he told us he knew the Mattress would need be replaced due to Aireloom Mattresses are no Good and in fact he will not carry them in his store, as He had bought one and it was a piece of crap.

After waiting over 30 days for the report we never got a letter or email of the Report. I repeatedly called asking if the report came in and was told it would be emailed which never came. after calling the Manager Eric he finally told me to call Headquarters in Maryland and Customer Service Answering Service recording advised if I we having issues with an answer from the store to ask the Manager Eric to give me the District Managers Number, well Eric told me he could not give me the number to his District Manager that the manager would call me that day, well the didn't happen as promised.

When the District Manager finally called he told me that the Mattress was within Aireloom's specs. I called Aireloom Customer Service to ask about our claim and was told by Aireloom they has no record of my Claim. I then Put Aireloom and Mattress Warehouse on a 3 way call and Aireloom Customer Service confirmed with the Salesperson Shawn at the Gloucester Store that in fact a Claim was never filed. At that point we knew this whole process for over a Month was a lie. When I spoke to the District Manager about this information he told me that there was no warranty and case closed. Buyer Beware!!!

Original review: July 23, 2020

Ordered mattress from MW in Newark, DE on evening of Friday, June 26, 2020 (delivery scheduled July 3, 2020). Cancelled order on the morning of Monday, June 29, 2020 (i.e., less than 1 business day later). Was told by sales rep it would take 5-7 business days to process refund because they don't do it in the store - it's sent to the corporate office for processing. July 13th - still no refund and when I called I was told it could take 3-4 weeks now. July 23rd - spoke to district manager and was told it now could take 4-6 weeks for refund! This is totally unacceptable for a cancelled order (i.e., nothing was received so nothing needed to be returned)! EXTREMELY POOR accounting practices with this company - COVID-19 or not! It should NOT take that long to process a refund for an order cancellation. I will NEVER purchase anything from this company in the future. Be warned!

Original review: June 8, 2020

28 Dec 2019, salesman Glen, very nice but didn't tell the whole truth. Said I had 30 days to return. Did not tell me I had to keep it for at least 30 days before returning. Did not tell me that the base was NOT RETURNABLE. I paid 2,196.94 assuming what I was told was true, or should I say what I was NOT told. The mattress was fine but the mechanical base did not work for me. When in an elevated position the bedside table was behind me and no access to anything on that table, lamp, medication, radio or phone. A very lengthy discussion to solve the problem. Ali got involved.

I agreed to accept a box spring instead of the mechanical base and ordered a 9 inch spring. They came with a 5 inch box spring so another few weeks to get that solved. Looks like I paid 900.00 for a box spring. Add that when the first delivery was made they set up the control mechanism that gets plugged into an outlet and the wires were between the bed and the opposite wall leaving about 6 feet of exposed wire I would have to step over all the time. At age 79 it was a bit dangerous for me.

Original review: June 2, 2020

This mattress lost its support. It's like sleeping in a hammock now. Unfortunately, the warranty requires a full 1-1/2" of depression before they will do anything. It recovers to about an inch of sagging. It's measured using a Plexiglas plate that weighs nothing to evaluate the sag. So, it has nothing to do with support. The warranty language basically excludes everything unless it hits 1-1/2" sag. So even though we sleep in a hole, because it rebounds to less than 1-1/2" with no weight on it, they denied my claim. I would not even be wary of this mattress, I would avoid it like the plague. Do not buy a Kingsdown mattress, period. It will sag and lose support, but the top layer will rebound just enough to deny your claim. REGRET, REGRET, REGRET.

Original review: March 9, 2020

If you would need to return your purchase you are in for a big disappointment. They require you to keep the item for thirty days, and another ten to fourteen days to return your money. Take note of all of the poor reviews.

Mattress Warehouse Company Information