2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Idle Sleep

Idle Sleep is an online mattress company that offers a wide range of mattress styles and bed accessories. Idle’s mattresses come in hybrid, eco-latex or pure-gel memory foam materials. Many of the mattresses also include two free pillows along with the company’s latest promotional discount. The company offers free shipping, free returns and a lifetime warranty. The company includes an 18-month risk-free mattress trial.

BOTTOM LINE

Idle mattresses are perfect for customers who want a quality mattress with a streamlined shopping experience. The company offers free shipping and returns, and its mattresses come with an 18-month money-back trial.

PROS

• 18-month money-back trial
  • Free shipping and returns
  • Four mattress types

CONS

• Few accessory options
  • Expensive
Idle Sleep Shop Now

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2020

Shop Now

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2020

Shop Now

How do Idle mattresses work?

After browsing the selection of Idle mattresses on the company’s website, you can purchase the one that best suits your needs and have the company ship it to your home for free. From there, you have 18 months to decide if the mattress is right for you. Send it back at any point within the 18-month timeframe to receive a full refund.

Idle Sleep mattresses include Rapid Response technology and Cooling Buoyancy and are made from CertiPUR-US-certified foams. Customers can use Idle Sleep’s firmness scale to identify which mattresses are ideal for their preferred sleeping position.

The company also sells mattress accessories, including foundation bases, adjustable bases and mattress protectors.

Idle mattress cost

The cost of Idle mattresses ranges from $449 for a twin-size Idle Gel Foam mattress to $2,498 for the All Natural Latex Idle mattress.

The price for queen-size mattresses are:

• Idle Gel Foam: $749
  • Idle Gel Push: $1,249
  • Idle Hybrid: $1,420
  • Idle Natural Latex: $2,141

Customers do not pay for shipping or returns. Bed accessories, such as the adjustable base that ranges from $449 to $898, are also available. Idle Sleep offers multiple flexible financing options using SatisFi from Synchrony. The company also regularly runs promotions for 0% APR for 60 months or a similar value.

Idle Sleep mattress customers can take advantage of the 18-month risk-free trial for free. If you decide you do not like the mattress within the 18-month period, you can send it back to Idle Sleep free of charge and receive a full refund.

Idle Sleep FAQ

Who owns Idle Sleep?
Idle Sleep is owned by parent company Idle Group LLC. This company also owns brands such as Mend Sleep and Haven.
Does Idle Sleep offer hybrid mattresses?
Yes, Idle Sleep sells hybrid mattresses that have supportive coils and foam. The Idle Sleep Hybrid mattress is a best seller, and the company states it provides 400% more support than regular memory foam.
Are Idle Sleep mattresses good for side sleepers?
Yes, the Idle Sleep Hybrid mattresses are good for side sleepers because the materials relieve pressure placed on joints in that position. Use Idle Sleep’s firmness scale to determine which specific mattresses are preferred for side sleepers.
What are Idle Sleep mattresses made of?
Idle Sleep mattresses are made of either coils and foam (hybrid), gel foam, gel plush or natural latex. All mattresses are made with CertiPUR-US-certified foams.
Where are Idle Sleep mattresses made?
Idle Sleep mattresses are made in and shipped from Illinois and South Carolina.

Is Idle Sleep worth it?

Idle Sleep mattresses are good for those looking for an online purchasing process and a risk-free, money-back guarantee. Idle gives customers 18 months to decide if the product is right for you. If not, you can return it for free and receive a full refund. The company’s lifetime warranty ensures that you are covered if your mattress begins to wear down from use, body impressions or other issues.

Idle Sleep Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Idle Sleep?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Idle Sleep?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

I bought 3 mattresses from IDLE Sleep. Each mattress was the same firmness and style. Each mattress came completely different. One was too soft, one was way too rockhard and one was in the middle. I looked at the client service website and they said if you feel it’s too hard to give them a call and they will supply you with a free mattress topper to make it softer. I called immediately and asked for a mattress topper. The client service representative assured me that it would be on its way. It never came and it’s been two months. I called three more times to ask about the mattress topper and they said it was on its way!

I also bought a base from them to put the mattress on and it is completely broken and plastic. They advised me to throw it away and then two weeks later asked for a picture after they told me to throw it away? They refused to give me a refund or talk to me about my situation. My mattress is now sinking in the middle after three months. I’ve called and asked for a manager to call me three times I have had zero responses to my emails or calls. The company seems to not have the client service aspect in mind and continues to give me the runaround and the worst client service with the worst product. I do not recommend this company or its products.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

We placed an order for a new mattress in early October and as of mid-October, the mattress still hadn't shipped with no updates provided until we contacted Idle to inquire on the status. We were told the item was on back order, and since we've been sleeping on the floor, cancelled our purchase to buy a mattress from another company. It's now a month later, and Idle has yet to provide a refund for the mattress we never received. We've contacted them a dozen times and each time they have told us they were issuing a refund, and yet each time no refund has been issued. We're now filing a fraud claim with our credit card company. Don't buy from this company!

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I purchased a King Size Hybrid Mattress on 5/23/2020 as part of their Memorial Day Sale. They had 2 sales you could pick from, 30% off your Mattress or a Free Adjustable Base. I chose to pay the full price for the mattress and receive the adjustable base. I paid $1848 for a king-size mattress, had I chose the 30% off deal I would have saved $554. I will admit that the mattress is incredibly comfortable, well made, and has helped with my back pain. However, I have never had a worse experience with customer service.

I received the shipping details for the mattress shortly after ordering and received the mattress on 6/5/20 without a problem. And this is where things went bad... I got an email from a customer service representative that said that due to the popularity of the sale they ran out of bases and mine would ship the following week and I would be credited $50 for the delay. I had attempted to rely on this email asking about how to receive the credit and it was returned as undeliverable. I never received the credit or the base.

On June 16, I got an email that contained shipping information and I was excited it had finally shipped and waited 2 weeks with it not being delivered (now more than a month from the day I ordered). I checked the tracking info provided and when directed to the UPS website the shipment stated it had been canceled by the sender. I chatted on their website (if you call nobody answers or calls you back when you leave a message) with idle customer service who blamed it on UPS, so I called UPS and they said that the package was canceled before they ever picked it up. Back to chat with a representative who stated due to COVID that they were behind.

I gave them grace for a few weeks as I was assured that it would ship within the week and that it would be escalated to management. 2 more weeks go by and still nothing, more chatting, more unanswered calls and emails, more excuses, more promises that it will be escalated and I would receive a follow-up email by management, more promises for a partial refund for the delay..... Still, Nothing from the company, not one follow up email or call! 3 months after not receiving the base, I left a negative review on a Facebook advertisement for another adjustable base sale and website both were removed within 2 hours of posting. Every time you post a negative experience they are taken down immediately by the company, even going as far as removing the entire ad I and others had commented on.

As of today (10/5/2020), I have over 40 documented live chats on the website and the only response I have received from the company is a Facebook direct message after removing my comment from the idle post, the message again promised that they would escalate the issue and I would be getting a follow-up call (which I never received). In September they did start a customer portal, which I have sent in 4 messages and not received an answer to. I would NEVER order from this company again and have accepted the fact that I will never receive the product that I paid for and that this company scammed me out of $554. BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I originally placed an order for a split king mattress and a split king premium adjustable base. When I got my invoice I saw someone screwed it up and gave me a split king mattress and a queen adjustable base. Common sense should’ve said that was wrong. That started the problems. I called, the person told me, "OK I’ll just email the factory and will send you the correct place." I called the next day just to double check everything was good. They told me, "Oh no we can’t do that. Will have to cancel the base and you’ll have to re-order it again."

I financed it and I only had enough financing for the base and mattress so already that caused a problem so then I go and order another order for the split king base then I see I got an email that they charge me for two split king bases. When I called to question it it took me an hour to explain what was going on. I still don’t know if it was corrected. I still don’t have any product but was charged $7000 for what should’ve been $2800. You cannot check your own order online which I find very bizarre and no matter how much I asked for a supervisor they would never give me one.

Idle Sleep Company Information