2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.00/5

Idle Sleep is an online mattress company that offers a wide range of mattress styles and bed accessories. Idle’s mattresses come in hybrid, eco-latex or pure-gel memory foam materials. Many of the mattresses also include two free pillows along with the company’s latest promotional discount. The company offers free shipping, free returns and a lifetime warranty. The company includes an 18-month risk-free mattress trial.

BOTTOM LINE

Idle mattresses are perfect for customers who want a quality mattress with a streamlined shopping experience. The company offers free shipping and returns, and its mattresses come with an 18-month money-back trial.

PROS
  • 18-month money-back trial
  • Free shipping and returns
  • Four mattress types
CONS
  • Few accessory options
  • Expensive

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

How do Idle mattresses work?

After browsing the selection of Idle mattresses on the company’s website, you can purchase the one that best suits your needs and have the company ship it to your home for free. From there, you have 18 months to decide if the mattress is right for you. Send it back at any point within the 18-month timeframe to receive a full refund.

Idle Sleep mattresses include Rapid Response technology and Cooling Buoyancy and are made from CertiPUR-US-certified foams. Customers can use Idle Sleep’s firmness scale to identify which mattresses are ideal for their preferred sleeping position.

The company also sells mattress accessories, including foundation bases, adjustable bases and mattress protectors.

Idle mattress cost

The cost of Idle mattresses ranges from $449 for a twin-size Idle Gel Foam mattress to $2,498 for the All Natural Latex Idle mattress.

The price for queen-size mattresses are:

• Idle Gel Foam: $749
    • Idle Gel Push: $1,249
    • Idle Hybrid: $1,420
    • Idle Natural Latex: $2,141

Customers do not pay for shipping or returns. Bed accessories, such as the adjustable base that ranges from $449 to $898, are also available. Idle Sleep offers multiple flexible financing options using SatisFi from Synchrony. The company also regularly runs promotions for 0% APR for 60 months or a similar value.

Idle Sleep mattress customers can take advantage of the 18-month risk-free trial for free. If you decide you do not like the mattress within the 18-month period, you can send it back to Idle Sleep free of charge and receive a full refund.

Idle Sleep FAQ

Who owns Idle Sleep?
    Idle Sleep is owned by parent company Idle Group LLC. This company also owns brands such as Mend Sleep and Haven.
    Does Idle Sleep offer hybrid mattresses?
    Yes, Idle Sleep sells hybrid mattresses that have supportive coils and foam. The Idle Sleep Hybrid mattress is a best seller, and the company states it provides 400% more support than regular memory foam.
    Are Idle Sleep mattresses good for side sleepers?
    Yes, the Idle Sleep Hybrid mattresses are good for side sleepers because the materials relieve pressure placed on joints in that position. Use Idle Sleep’s firmness scale to determine which specific mattresses are preferred for side sleepers.
    What are Idle Sleep mattresses made of?
    Idle Sleep mattresses are made of either coils and foam (hybrid), gel foam, gel plush or natural latex. All mattresses are made with CertiPUR-US-certified foams.
    Where are Idle Sleep mattresses made?
    Idle Sleep mattresses are made in and shipped from Illinois and South Carolina.

Is Idle Sleep worth it?

Idle Sleep mattresses are good for those looking for an online purchasing process and a risk-free, money-back guarantee. Idle gives customers 18 months to decide if the product is right for you. If not, you can return it for free and receive a full refund. The company’s lifetime warranty ensures that you are covered if your mattress begins to wear down from use, body impressions or other issues.

Idle Sleep Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Idle Sleep?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Idle Sleep?

Original review: April 4, 2021

Order the mattress on December the 5, 2020 with delivery expected 6 to 10 days. Called twice and was told it was scheduled for pickup in December. In January they said the factory was closed due to Covid. In February they said it was being manufactured. Called several times in February and was told was being manufactured. In March was told the factory was closed for 2 months due to Covid. Here we are in April and we still have not received the product that was ordered on December 5th 2020. Is this a fraudulent company. How can additional orders be taken when previous orders have not been filled.

Original review: March 28, 2021

I did quite a bit of research on mattresses and narrowed my selection down to a handful of options, eventually choosing Idle Sleep because of a sale. I placed my order on January 31, 2021. The "normal production time" was noted as 6-10 days. On February 10th, I was informed that my order was delayed, but there was no estimated arrival time provided. I contacted Idle Sleep via its chat function and was told the following: "The Mattress is still in production but will ship out soon. Once handed to the Carrier you'll receive an email with the tracking info and how to track the order."

When I pushed for a specific date I was told, "I have already sent a follow-up with our factory to have this prioritized for shipment." I reached out to Idle Sleep at the first of March and was told the same thing. Fast forward to March 26th, I had waited long enough and contacted Idle Sleep once more. I was told the same thing - you should receive your mattress within 6-10 days. At this point, I asked for a refund. Upon asking for a refund, miraculously my mattress was "being shipped that day".

I was sent a tracking number that did not work (unsure why) but managed to get another. My mattress is allegedly on its way now and is supposed to arrive March 30th. Regardless of the circumstances, pandemic or not, I would not recommend this mattress company. I was repeatedly lied to about the arrival of my mattress. There are many other options out there and consumers shouldn't waste time with a company that does not value its customers. I will update this review, if I am able, about the actual arrival date and mattress quality.

Idle Sleep response

Hi Todd, we would like to express our humble apologies for the inconvenience this experience has caused. We provided an ETA of 6-10 business days and as you mentioned, we notified you of the impending delay of your order to keep you informed of the progress. We also provided a small compensation to wait a little longer for your Tencel Mattress Protector since it was back-ordered and appreciate your patience thus far. Your mattress was shipped on 03/26/2021 and delivered on 03/30/2021.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 16, 2021

I returned my mattress per their policy (donation to organization). I was PROMISED my refund in 5-7 days. It has been a month and I am being told that they have a "technical glitch" and cannot process refunds through PayPal. PayPal has no issues, and IDLE is refusing any other means of processing my refund; EMPTY PROMISES!!! DO NOT BUY!!!! The mattress was not that comfortable at all AND YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!! Looking for a way to file suit.

Hello Kimberly,

Thank you for trying out our mattress. We do offer two firmness levels or a combination of both for your comfort preference and we regret that we were unable to meet your expectations there, however, your feedback is greatly valued. We have not denied you your refund and based on our refund policy we can only issue a refund via the same payment method that was used. We do this simply to elude fraud and to protect not only ourselves as a business but you as our customer.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

They have a very nice website full of great reviews but that's only to make you feel comfortable and buy any item from them. Once they get your money, they make impossible for you to get any help from them. They do have customer service but they are trained to never provide you with an answer to questions like: 1. When should I expect to receive my mattress (this is after over 2 months waiting without any communication from them)? 2. You haven't sent the product I paid for, can I get my money back? Can I speak to a manager or supervisor? If you also leave an honest review on their website, clear and in a respectful way, but giving them a low rating, they will never publish it. This company has a very questionable practice. The best option here is to stay away from them. You can also check on BBB all the reviews and complaints and how they address them.

Hello Hector,

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced with your order. We could not give a solid ETA on your order and regret it as we are experiencing challenges with our supply chain operations and are slowly improving as this is not the norm. Our support team is trained to provide you with as much information as possible. We are also able to cancel your order and provide a full refund at your request if you would no longer like to wait without a confirmed timeframe.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

This was our first experience with a "bed in a box". Never again! My wife and I agree that we experienced the worst night's sleep we have ever had. Sleeping on this "luxury firm" mattress was akin to a bad air mattress on a camping trip. There was no support at all; there was nothing firm about this mattress. Lesson learned: If something sounds too good to be true it usually is. Do not buy from this company is our advice.

Hello David,

We would like to express our sincere apologies for the experience you received with your mattress. Our Hybrid Queen mattresses consist of 1,130 support coils for extra support, and the luxury firmness grade is up to 40 ILD which is high density. We regret that this did not meet your expectations, however, we did accept your decision to donate the mattress so that it may satisfy the needs of someone else and we provided you a full refund of the mattress cost.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

Purchased an Idle Sleep mattress and found it uncomfortable. I have made several attempts to return the mattress and get a refund. They will not honor their 180 day return policy. I have found customer service to be very unhelpful and deceitful.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

Idle Sleep is literally a nightmare. I ordered a mattress in November and I’m still waiting for it in January. I have called the customer service number about 22 times. I’ve emailed countless times. I even spoke with representatives on the chat feature on the website. After all this communication, I still haven’t got my mattress or even a ship date! In my experience, every representative has told me something different: “I’ll send a follow up email.” (Never got one). Or “I’ll have a supervisor call you back within an hour.” (Never got a call).

But what all representatives have in common is that they are “unable to contact the factory,” and so they keep “escalating” my order and failing to follow up. I’m not even sure what “escalate” means when my order has been escalated for weeks and I still haven’t received my mattress. I want to scream and cry from how much time I’ve wasted talking to representatives overseas (I have literally heard roosters crowing in the background multiple times when it’s nighttime in America). And they all have accents I can’t understand. Literal. Worst. Company. Ever.

Dear Marissa,

We appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve our processes. We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience of the prolonged delay of your order, we were experiencing some challenges with our shipment operations and this caused some delays with shipment. We regret that you were unable to receive your mattress but honored your decision to cancel and provide you a full refund of your order.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

I bought an Idle Plush mattress, foundation, legs and 2 pillows on Dec 3, 2020. I got a badly damaged mattress box delivered on Dec 9, 2020. I have never received my pillows. I have yet to speak with a manager after requesting to speak with one almost daily for almost a month. Customer service only apologizes and says they've escalated (twice now). They canceled my new delivery of a mattress and I've still not received my new mattress. This is absolutely the WORST company I've ever delt with... and I'm in customer service for a living so I know how it's supposed to work.

DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!! Even if I was to get refunded, it would only be for the mattress... NOT the foundation, legs or pillows purchased!! I will NEVER do business with them or any affiliate again. I am passing this information onto anyone who needs a mattress in the future! This has been absolutely the worst online purchasing experience ever! I wouldn't even rate a 1 star, but had to give a rating to write this review. P.S. Still waiting and today is Dec 30, 2020.

Hello Misty,

We are terribly sorry for the negative experience with the damaged mattress box. This usually happens with the carrier, however, the mattress is rolled up with the pillows inside and vacuum-sealed in very strong and thick plastic. If this plastic were to reap open, the mattress would inflate burst out of the box. It looks like the mattress was not opened so we were unable to determine if the pillows were missing or the mattress was damaged and needed a replacement.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

I bought 3 mattresses from IDLE Sleep. Each mattress was the same firmness and style. Each mattress came completely different. One was too soft, one was way too rockhard and one was in the middle. I looked at the client service website and they said if you feel it’s too hard to give them a call and they will supply you with a free mattress topper to make it softer. I called immediately and asked for a mattress topper. The client service representative assured me that it would be on its way. It never came and it’s been two months. I called three more times to ask about the mattress topper and they said it was on its way!

I also bought a base from them to put the mattress on and it is completely broken and plastic. They advised me to throw it away and then two weeks later asked for a picture after they told me to throw it away? They refused to give me a refund or talk to me about my situation. My mattress is now sinking in the middle after three months. I’ve called and asked for a manager to call me three times I have had zero responses to my emails or calls. The company seems to not have the client service aspect in mind and continues to give me the runaround and the worst client service with the worst product. I do not recommend this company or its products.

Hello Somooer,

Please accept our humble apologies for the negative experience received. We wanted to ensure that we were still able to provide you with the right comfort and offered you 3 complimentary toppers but encountered some issues with shipment. We understand that you wanted to return the mattress but decided to make an exception for you and offer a 55% discount to keep the mattresses and you accepted this.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

We placed an order for a new mattress in early October and as of mid-October, the mattress still hadn't shipped with no updates provided until we contacted Idle to inquire on the status. We were told the item was on back order, and since we've been sleeping on the floor, cancelled our purchase to buy a mattress from another company. It's now a month later, and Idle has yet to provide a refund for the mattress we never received. We've contacted them a dozen times and each time they have told us they were issuing a refund, and yet each time no refund has been issued. We're now filing a fraud claim with our credit card company. Don't buy from this company!

Hello Robin,

We regret that you were not able to receive your mattress as we were back-ordered at the time and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused as it was urgently needed. You requested to cancel on 10/19/2020 but confirmed that you will keep your order if you received an email update. You requested a full cancellation on 10/22/2020 and this was processed on 11/09/2020 which was 12 business days after the official cancellation request as the refund had to be approved first.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I purchased a King Size Hybrid Mattress on 5/23/2020 as part of their Memorial Day Sale. They had 2 sales you could pick from, 30% off your Mattress or a Free Adjustable Base. I chose to pay the full price for the mattress and receive the adjustable base. I paid $1848 for a king-size mattress, had I chose the 30% off deal I would have saved $554. I will admit that the mattress is incredibly comfortable, well made, and has helped with my back pain. However, I have never had a worse experience with customer service.

I received the shipping details for the mattress shortly after ordering and received the mattress on 6/5/20 without a problem. And this is where things went bad... I got an email from a customer service representative that said that due to the popularity of the sale they ran out of bases and mine would ship the following week and I would be credited $50 for the delay. I had attempted to rely on this email asking about how to receive the credit and it was returned as undeliverable. I never received the credit or the base.

On June 16, I got an email that contained shipping information and I was excited it had finally shipped and waited 2 weeks with it not being delivered (now more than a month from the day I ordered). I checked the tracking info provided and when directed to the UPS website the shipment stated it had been canceled by the sender. I chatted on their website (if you call nobody answers or calls you back when you leave a message) with idle customer service who blamed it on UPS, so I called UPS and they said that the package was canceled before they ever picked it up. Back to chat with a representative who stated due to COVID that they were behind.

I gave them grace for a few weeks as I was assured that it would ship within the week and that it would be escalated to management. 2 more weeks go by and still nothing, more chatting, more unanswered calls and emails, more excuses, more promises that it will be escalated and I would receive a follow-up email by management, more promises for a partial refund for the delay..... Still, Nothing from the company, not one follow up email or call! 3 months after not receiving the base, I left a negative review on a Facebook advertisement for another adjustable base sale and website both were removed within 2 hours of posting. Every time you post a negative experience they are taken down immediately by the company, even going as far as removing the entire ad I and others had commented on.

As of today (10/5/2020), I have over 40 documented live chats on the website and the only response I have received from the company is a Facebook direct message after removing my comment from the idle post, the message again promised that they would escalate the issue and I would be getting a follow-up call (which I never received). In September they did start a customer portal, which I have sent in 4 messages and not received an answer to. I would NEVER order from this company again and have accepted the fact that I will never receive the product that I paid for and that this company scammed me out of $554. BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I originally placed an order for a split king mattress and a split king premium adjustable base. When I got my invoice I saw someone screwed it up and gave me a split king mattress and a queen adjustable base. Common sense should’ve said that was wrong. That started the problems. I called, the person told me, "OK I’ll just email the factory and will send you the correct place." I called the next day just to double check everything was good. They told me, "Oh no we can’t do that. Will have to cancel the base and you’ll have to re-order it again."

I financed it and I only had enough financing for the base and mattress so already that caused a problem so then I go and order another order for the split king base then I see I got an email that they charge me for two split king bases. When I called to question it it took me an hour to explain what was going on. I still don’t know if it was corrected. I still don’t have any product but was charged $7000 for what should’ve been $2800. You cannot check your own order online which I find very bizarre and no matter how much I asked for a supervisor they would never give me one.

Hello Annemarie,

Thank you for your feedback, we do apologize for the inconvenience experienced during your order. To clarify, the invoice you received was generated from the order information on our website. If an item was mistakenly ordered the invoice would reflect whatever was in your cart at the time of purchase. We are not responsible for errors in orders placed by the customers unless it was a technical issue on our end. The best solution would have been to cancel and re-order.

Idle Sleep Company Information