1.53/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Jamestown, NC

We are the World's Largest Furniture Store, the one-stop-shop for the best brands at the lowest prices. At over 1.3 million square feet, we are the single largest furniture store in the world, located in the furniture capital of the world. You have to see it to believe it. Choose from over 150 design consultants to help you design your perfect room. Save time, save money, furnish your home - all at Furnitureland South.

Looking for a good furniture store?

Furnitureland South Reviews

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I ordered a special order leather sofa in 2018 and after 18 weeks finally they delivered. I ordered a Natuzzi leather sectional sofa with 3 and 4 piece. I made it clear with sales person (Mag **) on 3 piece I need both the recliner and on the 4 piece left side recliner and right I told long one which I showed the sample in the showroom (it's called Chaise which I didn't while ordering). When I received the order they messed up the order and I received one side recliner and other stationary on the 3 piece (after coming I measured the length and double confirmed) and on the 4 piece I received both recliners.

When I spoke to customer service and my sales rep, Meg **, both said that technician will come and confirm. Technician came and he confirmed that we received the wrong pieces. I was waiting for new piece to deliver. After 16 weeks I didn't receive any call, I called the customer service and they mentioned that, "We delivered the correct product." I called the my Sales rep Meg ** and she also said the same. To exchange the piece I need to pay the restocking fees. I am So disappointed especially after waiting 8 months for it. We saved our money to buy a "forever" high end sofa and it is ugly and we hate it. I would not order from this place, complete scam artists and workers. Please never work go my Sales Rep Meg **.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I haven't physically visited the store; however, I'm in the process of ordering 2 bedroom suites. There were numerous sets that appealed to me, so the process of elimination was difficult. I talked to customer service several time for clarity.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

We purchased a King Hickory sofa for almost $6,000. Within 6 months the cushions are all worn down and very uncomfortable. I called customer service and was told to send a picture. We do not have kids or pets and the fabric is in excellent condition. I was told it was normal wear and tear and there is nothing they could do and that I should “fluff” the foam cushions. I do not know how they can tell from a picture that the foam is worn out. This place is ridiculous.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

If I can rate them a 0 I certainly would. I initially placed my order at the end of July. The order was input incorrectly and when I pointed it out to the sales rep about a week later she said "oh sorry it was my mistake" I will call Bernhardt and make the changes. She called me to confirm that it was taken care of. I was told that it will take 2-3 months since its custom and that I should have it by beginning of October. The delivery came in on October 9th. The delivery crew set it up it seemed fine, they left. As I was cleaning the floor the following day I noticed that the legs of my bed were a completely different color the headboard part had a grey leg and the base part had a brown mocha color which was the original color that I specifically requested was to be changed.

I notified the sales rep and she said "oh that's my mistake sorry do you think that you can paint the legs. We can offer you a $200 credit". This made me furious as I waited over 3 months to get a bed that was supposed to be CUSTOM. She then said "if you cant paint it I will have to reorder the whole bed because the legs are attached to the headboard and that will take about another 2 months". I agreed to wait another 2 months. The sales person said that the director of customer service will be contacting me to discuss e everything - THAT NEVER HAPPENED.

On October 15th a replacement bed was ordered. It is now January 24th and I still haven't received my bed. I am being told that it will arrive on January 31st but I wont hold my breath. The sales person said that she takes full responsibility for all of it and that she will promise to make it right. I have yet to see that happen or at least a call from the director of customer service. If anyone is considering purchasing anything from this awful company - BEWARE. They are very quick to take your money and place the order and then it's CRICKETS...

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

We spent a lot of time and money at Furnitureland South and all we’ve received in return are faulty products and terrible customer service. I wish I could give 0 stars. I recommend everyone steer clear, their high prices are not worth the product or service. They even force you to sign a contract so even with terrible customer service (and 5 months of mistakes and delivery time!!) you’re forced to take it. Multiple pieces were incorrect and also very low quality. Think IKEA but twice the price.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Furnitureland South?

Original review: March 31, 2018

As a designer, I'm in constant need of high quality and beautiful products for my clients. FLS has a vast array of furnishings and lighting. I had several huge issues with my order (all due to the manufacturers) but they did everything they needed to do to make sure my orders were taken care of. Despite some of the bad reviews I have seen... this has not been my experience. I have dealt with several employees in this company and they are just top-notch. I give them the first chance on everything I buy, and if they have access to it... the price is always the best... including anything my clients find on the web.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I purchased an entire house of furniture at Furnitureland South. This included three bedroom sets and mattresses for each set. I am a snowbird in Florida and only had use of mattresses part time over the years. My King size Spring Air Livingston mattress cost about $2000. At this point it there is a hump in the center of the mattress. One can easily see this hump as it rises about five inches. We cannot sleep on this mattress. I called customer service at Furnitureland South and inspector from Mattress Marshalls was sent to investigate. Customer service said his report stated the damage was caused by the center bar along the bed frame was set too high.

Furnitureland South delivered and set up the bed. It is their furniture, their delivery service and their people set up the bed. Therefore it should be their responsibility. I was then told another company would be sent to my home to correct the height of the bar and this would correct the problem. Of course it did not. The mattress is not correcting itself and is actually cracking down the middle. I spoke to a supervisor at Furnitureland South and was told they would not replace the mattress. She even accused me of moving the bed myself. Her words were: "You have had this Mattress for eight years." Well, a $2000 mattress should last more than eight years. I know of other similar problems with this mattress and they are discontinued. There have been many complaints.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I was initially told that shipping was free. This was not the case. I was told that the furniture I was purchasing was made in the U.S. This was not the case...the furniture is made in Vietnam! I then requested to cancel my order. I was told that I could not cancel my order. I now have been waiting for these hopeless people to ship my furniture. It is sitting in their warehouse. I am paying an exorbitant amount of money for shipping and they can't seem get the order on a truck. I am thoroughly disgusted! Wayfair carries some of the same items at similar prices and shipping is free!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

My experience with Furnitureland South is that it has been turned into Disney World for furniture. High staff turnover. If they treat staff this way... Think how your customer service will be???? The inexperience salesperson was a stock person that pushed furniture she knew nothing about on me. A lot of younger girls on staff with no experience... (But, they will tell you they are designers). Only sales. More like car salesmen techniques. This store may have square footage and higher prices but, style of service is same as Bassett. Employees mainly from Bassett. If I want a designer, I will use independents from North Carolina... Only there will a consumer get the excellent quality furniture without hassling by a pushy car salesman at Furnitureland South.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I ordered one marble round table and four chairs. They finally delivered after 8 wks. Instead of keeping the marble table in its crate, they decided to deliver the table without any protection except to cover it with a thin blanket! Arrived at my house and the table had broken in half! They offered me a $150 compensate which was an insult! Was looking forward to have my table for the holidays and now they told me that it would take another 30-35 days. I'm not going to hold my breath. The sales rep was also unknowledgeable about the products and wasn't at all helpful during the buying process and didn't really care once you placed the order! Spend your money somewhere else!

Furnitureland South Company Information