2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Jamestown, NC

3.8/5 (122 ratings)

About Furnitureland South

We are the World's Largest Furniture Store, the one-stop-shop for the best brands at the lowest prices. At over 1.3 million square feet, we are the single largest furniture store in the world, located in the furniture capital of the world. You have to see it to believe it. Choose from over 150 design consultants to help you design your perfect room. Save time, save money, furnish your home - all at Furnitureland South.

Furnitureland South Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Furnitureland South?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Furnitureland South?

Original review: July 20, 2021

We have been having a nightmare experience with FurniturelandSouth. There have been multiple delays, incorrect information given, and finally a broken table top delivered. Dealing with Customer Service, Kelly ** and Beth ** has been very difficult - with radio silence. Extremely unprofessional customer service. We will be following up with BBB on the broken furniture and poor customer service.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

Couch and two chairs ordered and delivered June of 2019. Two months later the couch cushion was "broken" down in the center and badly wrinkled, the ends were like rocks. Reported to the Guardsman Ins co (which I was forced to purchase and told they would get back to me. Never did. Followed up with Sales assoc, whose boss told me to "fluff" the cushion, nothing was wrong. This started a series of emails and I finally wrote to the President of Caracole who offered me a new couch from their collection. Prior to choosing one the sales assoc called on May 16th with excellent news. The couch would be replaced with a new one only two cushions. It was to be the same as my existing one that matched the other pieces. I was ecstatic. Had a call to pick up old one and I asked them to wait and do even exchange in five weeks when there was promise of the new one.

Five weeks passed, then seven. Much difficultly now in getting a response from the sales assoc. Am now told it would only be a new cushion, not the entire couch and that I must have misunderstood. Delivery now in OCT. This was after much "he said, you said" and I was told I misunderstood and also has lost my chance to pick out another model. It is now mid Nov. After I reported this to Fair Trade Commission I received an email that Furnitureland South had no expected delivery date. Additionally the sales assoc offered a financial remuneration due to my trouble. This has never come to pass. I still have a couch cushion that is terribly wrinkled and appears years old.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 9, 2020

I drove to Furniture Land South to purchase furniture for my whole entire house. I was told by the sales rep. that the quality and service would be outstanding. However, it is the total opposite. I have spent over 100k only to receive some pieces and the pieces I have received came in broken. I am beyond frustrated. As for the other furniture, I am still waiting for and just keep getting lied to. Some customer service reps. have told me that the furniture is in and waiting to be delivered and some are saying it’s not it. I just keep getting passed around. No one is taking responsibility. My sales rep. tells me to call the delivery department. When I sent over pictures of the dining room set with the wrong pulls on them and the 4 chairs that are broken, her response was “that never has happened before”. I’m sure that is another lie.

After they take your money, it’s all down hill from there. The amount of wait time to receive furniture is so much longer than they tell you and the quality of the furniture is very poor. As well as for the customer service, expect to get the run around. I’m still waiting on furniture. ???? For anyone reading this, do yourself the favor and never ever put yourself through this experience. Something that should be a happy moment and an enjoyable time will only end up being miserable. I feel when people deal with customers over the phone, they will lie and pass the call to the next person. Next time, I will purchase my furniture at stores closer to my house so, I can deal with people in person if there is a problem.

Original review: June 15, 2020

We bought new Hooker Furniture products. They come in damaged and we reject them. They attempt to repair and damaged one of the pieces more. Now we reject the piece and they want to charge a restocking 33% fee for their mistake... Never again... Every order has been damaged by their employees and they don't care...

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

DO NOT purchase from this company! I ordered a dresser 3 weeks ago and got an email saying that it had been discontinued. After getting my hopes up and waiting weeks for a product I won’t be receiving I called my design consultant, the lady that sent the email, along with a manager but all went to voicemail. No one has returned my call. This company is a joke. I will inform everyone of their horrible customer service.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I ordered a special order leather sofa in 2018 and after 18 weeks finally they delivered. I ordered a Natuzzi leather sectional sofa with 3 and 4 piece. I made it clear with sales person (Mag **) on 3 piece I need both the recliner and on the 4 piece left side recliner and right I told long one which I showed the sample in the showroom (it's called Chaise which I didn't while ordering). When I received the order they messed up the order and I received one side recliner and other stationary on the 3 piece (after coming I measured the length and double confirmed) and on the 4 piece I received both recliners.

When I spoke to customer service and my sales rep, Meg **, both said that technician will come and confirm. Technician came and he confirmed that we received the wrong pieces. I was waiting for new piece to deliver. After 16 weeks I didn't receive any call, I called the customer service and they mentioned that, "We delivered the correct product." I called the my Sales rep Meg ** and she also said the same. To exchange the piece I need to pay the restocking fees. I am So disappointed especially after waiting 8 months for it. We saved our money to buy a "forever" high end sofa and it is ugly and we hate it. I would not order from this place, complete scam artists and workers. Please never work go my Sales Rep Meg **.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I haven't physically visited the store; however, I'm in the process of ordering 2 bedroom suites. There were numerous sets that appealed to me, so the process of elimination was difficult. I talked to customer service several time for clarity.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

We purchased a King Hickory sofa for almost $6,000. Within 6 months the cushions are all worn down and very uncomfortable. I called customer service and was told to send a picture. We do not have kids or pets and the fabric is in excellent condition. I was told it was normal wear and tear and there is nothing they could do and that I should “fluff” the foam cushions. I do not know how they can tell from a picture that the foam is worn out. This place is ridiculous.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

If I can rate them a 0 I certainly would. I initially placed my order at the end of July. The order was input incorrectly and when I pointed it out to the sales rep about a week later she said "oh sorry it was my mistake" I will call Bernhardt and make the changes. She called me to confirm that it was taken care of. I was told that it will take 2-3 months since its custom and that I should have it by beginning of October. The delivery came in on October 9th. The delivery crew set it up it seemed fine, they left. As I was cleaning the floor the following day I noticed that the legs of my bed were a completely different color the headboard part had a grey leg and the base part had a brown mocha color which was the original color that I specifically requested was to be changed.

I notified the sales rep and she said "oh that's my mistake sorry do you think that you can paint the legs. We can offer you a $200 credit". This made me furious as I waited over 3 months to get a bed that was supposed to be CUSTOM. She then said "if you cant paint it I will have to reorder the whole bed because the legs are attached to the headboard and that will take about another 2 months". I agreed to wait another 2 months. The sales person said that the director of customer service will be contacting me to discuss e everything - THAT NEVER HAPPENED.

On October 15th a replacement bed was ordered. It is now January 24th and I still haven't received my bed. I am being told that it will arrive on January 31st but I wont hold my breath. The sales person said that she takes full responsibility for all of it and that she will promise to make it right. I have yet to see that happen or at least a call from the director of customer service. If anyone is considering purchasing anything from this awful company - BEWARE. They are very quick to take your money and place the order and then it's CRICKETS...

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

We spent a lot of time and money at Furnitureland South and all we’ve received in return are faulty products and terrible customer service. I wish I could give 0 stars. I recommend everyone steer clear, their high prices are not worth the product or service. They even force you to sign a contract so even with terrible customer service (and 5 months of mistakes and delivery time!!) you’re forced to take it. Multiple pieces were incorrect and also very low quality. Think IKEA but twice the price.

Furnitureland South Company Information