Jamestown, NC

3.5/5 (115 ratings)

About Furnitureland South

We are the World's Largest Furniture Store, the one-stop-shop for the best brands at the lowest prices. At over 1.3 million square feet, we are the single largest furniture store in the world, located in the furniture capital of the world. You have to see it to believe it. Choose from over 150 design consultants to help you design your perfect room. Save time, save money, furnish your home - all at Furnitureland South.

Furnitureland South Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Furnitureland South?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Furnitureland South?

Original review: March 31, 2022

Purchased a entire Bedroom suite from Furniture Land South. It was delivered without any parts to assemble the bed frame. Missing the main support leg for End Drawers, plus the mattress support slats screws. A week later still no support screws, not even a phone call. We are without a Bed. I bet if I start Charging them 150 a night for a hotel room I might get some sense of urgency from them. First Purchase and it will be my last from them.

Original review: March 3, 2022

Honestly baffling customer service. My fiancée went and purchased a table to be shipped to us as we are purchasing a new home. This table had a good price, but we were not able to take it with us home so we paid extra to have them ship it ($100). IF YOU ARE THINKING OF BUYING FROM FLS, PLEASE TAKE YOUR PURCHASE WITH YOU AS SOON AS YOU BUY IT OR YOU MAY NEVER SEE IT AGAIN.

Day before we are going to receive the table, they call us and tell us the table is not on the truck, and "missing"... they said they might be able to find it, and strung us along for 3 more weeks. Beyond unprofessional, and I am sure they are going to just put it back on the floor to sell for more money. We will not be furnishing any of our home from this location, and we recommend anyone that is thinking of coming to this location to shop elsewhere. We have seen many reviews and a commonality is the shipping service is atrocious. Save yourself time and money and shop and ship elsewhere. Hopefully our return is not "lost in transit" as well. How do you lose a 120lb table in 3 days? And can't find it for 3 weeks? You have terrible service or a sketchy practice, that's how.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

Good product and services in furniture aspect but slightly annoying and am looking forward for a better and kind, good services. Good product in furniture and all product and services in good conditions.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

My wife and I went to Furniture Land to decorate about 1/2 of our new home and spent about $150,000. It's now 7 months since we paid them and what furniture we do have is broken, defective needs to be replaced or repaired. About 80% has not even arrived yet and we're told to look to 2022 for the pieces not sent and for repairs and replacement of what is broken. They can't even give us a "guess" on when some things will arrive... YET WHEN WE SHOPPED... they said 10-15 weeks. It's now about 8 months.

There is no value shopping at Furniture Land as the prices are higher than retail, you never get what you ordered and what does come, comes broken. This is an outrage!!!! This is the single worst experience I have had buying anything from anyone in my entire life. I wrote to the CEO Jeff Harris and never even received an acknowledgment. The company does not care and these are their business practices. A smart Attorney would get about 100+ customers and start a "Class Action" there clearly are ground for Mass Tort here.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

I canceled an order with this company. While they have issued a refund, they have now added the amount refunded back to the balance. The horrible accounting department associate indicated that the customer has to pay back for a refund. Then she followed up by saying that "it's just Math" and "I can't help you". You will never get a true refund from this company. Let me break it down for you. I purchase 3 simple stools for a total of $1,608 - yes way overpriced - I have already paid 50% of this amount- a total $804. Furnitureland South is indicating that I have to pay $1,427.18 to get my stools. That certainly does not make sense to me. Unethical business practices for certain.

Original review: July 20, 2021

We have been having a nightmare experience with FurniturelandSouth. There have been multiple delays, incorrect information given, and finally a broken table top delivered. Dealing with Customer Service, Kelly ** and Beth ** has been very difficult - with radio silence. Extremely unprofessional customer service. We will be following up with BBB on the broken furniture and poor customer service.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

Couch and two chairs ordered and delivered June of 2019. Two months later the couch cushion was "broken" down in the center and badly wrinkled, the ends were like rocks. Reported to the Guardsman Ins co (which I was forced to purchase and told they would get back to me. Never did. Followed up with Sales assoc, whose boss told me to "fluff" the cushion, nothing was wrong. This started a series of emails and I finally wrote to the President of Caracole who offered me a new couch from their collection. Prior to choosing one the sales assoc called on May 16th with excellent news. The couch would be replaced with a new one only two cushions. It was to be the same as my existing one that matched the other pieces. I was ecstatic. Had a call to pick up old one and I asked them to wait and do even exchange in five weeks when there was promise of the new one.

Five weeks passed, then seven. Much difficultly now in getting a response from the sales assoc. Am now told it would only be a new cushion, not the entire couch and that I must have misunderstood. Delivery now in OCT. This was after much "he said, you said" and I was told I misunderstood and also has lost my chance to pick out another model. It is now mid Nov. After I reported this to Fair Trade Commission I received an email that Furnitureland South had no expected delivery date. Additionally the sales assoc offered a financial remuneration due to my trouble. This has never come to pass. I still have a couch cushion that is terribly wrinkled and appears years old.

Original review: July 9, 2020

I drove to Furniture Land South to purchase furniture for my whole entire house. I was told by the sales rep. that the quality and service would be outstanding. However, it is the total opposite. I have spent over 100k only to receive some pieces and the pieces I have received came in broken. I am beyond frustrated. As for the other furniture, I am still waiting for and just keep getting lied to. Some customer service reps. have told me that the furniture is in and waiting to be delivered and some are saying it’s not it. I just keep getting passed around. No one is taking responsibility. My sales rep. tells me to call the delivery department. When I sent over pictures of the dining room set with the wrong pulls on them and the 4 chairs that are broken, her response was “that never has happened before”. I’m sure that is another lie.

After they take your money, it’s all down hill from there. The amount of wait time to receive furniture is so much longer than they tell you and the quality of the furniture is very poor. As well as for the customer service, expect to get the run around. I’m still waiting on furniture. ???? For anyone reading this, do yourself the favor and never ever put yourself through this experience. Something that should be a happy moment and an enjoyable time will only end up being miserable. I feel when people deal with customers over the phone, they will lie and pass the call to the next person. Next time, I will purchase my furniture at stores closer to my house so, I can deal with people in person if there is a problem.

Original review: June 15, 2020

We bought new Hooker Furniture products. They come in damaged and we reject them. They attempt to repair and damaged one of the pieces more. Now we reject the piece and they want to charge a restocking 33% fee for their mistake... Never again... Every order has been damaged by their employees and they don't care...

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

DO NOT purchase from this company! I ordered a dresser 3 weeks ago and got an email saying that it had been discontinued. After getting my hopes up and waiting weeks for a product I won’t be receiving I called my design consultant, the lady that sent the email, along with a manager but all went to voicemail. No one has returned my call. This company is a joke. I will inform everyone of their horrible customer service.

Furnitureland South Company Information