2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

3.7/5 (353 ratings)

About Crate and Barrel

Crate and Barrel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crate and Barrel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crate and Barrel?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

Updated on 09/30/2021: Had a call from the slimy Caroline from Hate and Quarrel, at Novi MI store. Offered NO solutions, just called. Apparently increase frustration. Then had the audacity to claim I was threatening violence when I asked to see things from my perspective???? SHOCKINGLY INSULTING. These people are really lowlife scum.

Original Review:

-Destroyed my Hardwood floor in my house with "White Glove" delivery service on a table. Sent two kids to deliver a 450 lb table, they dragged it across my floor, 10ft gouge in the hardwood floor. No sign of any help from C&B forthcoming.
-Delivered 3 damaged TV units so far, been waiting now 1 year for it. Expensive, very poor quality, service, products, and support. Tried to trick us into thinking they had delivered a good product in fact it had two left-hand doors. These people are genuinely evil.

-Beware of getting C&B (Synchrony card). They play a shell game between the 2 companies, charge you for products you don't have, late fees, and interest, when C&B can't deliver they are set up to con you.

I call them HATE & QUARREL. My store is NOVI MICHIGAN, the worst people you could ever imagine, over promise and under deliver, they are rude and completely unhelpful.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

Comments: CB2 and CRATE and Barrel has horrible customer service. Purchased this couch, had it for a little over 2 months, got it professionally cleaned as per instructions and my couch in some areas have blue streaks and turned blued along the zipper line. Called them up, they had NO OTHER Care instructions to offer and tried to offer me a 200 gift card for a piece that cost nearly 4K in total! What an insult. I just want new covers for the cushions that have been destroyed. Since I answered refused, they took down my first review and they haven't been responded to my emails or call when they say they would. This is ridiculous!! I have spend over 10K allow in these stores, with shipping problems, delayed pieces and constant push back. Do better.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

We purchased a sofa set on March 15, 2021 with half of the balance due immediately. Sofas and ottoman were supposed to be delivered in June. It was pushed back to July. I totally understand the current impact of the pandemic so I didn't complain. July came and our furniture was still MIA. Aug came and furniture still undelivered. I've chatted/call them several times and delivery was pushed back to mid Sept. It is now mid Sept and I am on terminal phone call hold with them. None can give me a straight answer. I'm very disappointed with them. I will never order from this company and I do not recommend this company at all.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

I ordered a gift from a gift registry back in June. The item was on backorder until this past week. My credit card was charged multiple times for the same item. I call to request an explanation and was hung up on by multiple individuals. I then call my credit card company and after begging for someone to help me they did. We called together and again were received by multiple unprofessional individuals. The last individual placed us on another hold and disconnected the line. My credit card company was applauded by the lack of information Crate and Barrel provided and the lack of professionalism. I had to lock my credit card to ensure further transactions weren't placed. I strongly encourage you to support any local business before trying your luck with this company.

Original review: July 11, 2021

I purchased a $1,500 cabinet with C&B on May 22nd. It was backordered at the time with a projected availability date of June 25th. I figured a month's wait wouldn't be too bad. But, one month turned into two, with no definite availability date in sight. They pushed back the arrival date every week till it became a regular and anticipated source of frustration. Customer service could offer no additional insight about the delay. It seems that C&B could care less about things like accountability or honor. I found the manufacturer of the piece and wrote to them, as well. Crickets. No reply. I ended up canceling the item which proved to be a difficult feat. They took my money in seconds, but getting it back was slow going. I recognize that COVID might still be in play in this scenario. However, I don't believe C&B should advertise products they can't or won't deliver. Not recommended.

Original review: July 9, 2021

When shopping for a couch we found many that we liked and one of those happened to be the Lounge 93" Sofa. Others were from various vendors. We ultimately decided to go with the Lounge Sofa in a Stock fabric because they told us it was in stock and would only be 3-4 weeks to deliver and the other companies told us it would be more likely 10 weeks and we wanted it sooner than that. We are at three months and still don't have our couch that was "in stock with stock fabric." What is the most frustrating part is that they constantly have the estimated delivery date and then two to three days before that date they push it back an additional three to seven days. It is almost like they got you on the hook but then slowly drag you along for weeks and months saying it should be there soon or in the next 7 days.

Totally fine if the couches are not in stock - I get it, supply chain is all messed up because of Covid. But PLEASE don't lie to your customers to get their money. Now I am stuck in a house with no furniture and C&B has my money to hold the couch that has likely not been made yet. I have a housewarming party in two weeks that I will likely have to cancel because I will not have my couch. I wish I would have gone with another brand that had a better handle on their supply chain and didn't bait you to buy their couches with inaccurate delivery times.

Original review: May 29, 2021

We ordered a multi-piece sofa in February 2021, with one piece back ordered by a month. They delivered some of the sofa in April (including the back ordered piece), but they did not delivery a non-back ordered piece at that time and said it would arrive in May or June. Then it was pushed back to July, now it’s scheduled August (mind you we have only a partial sofa currently, which doesn’t work). Clearly they sold us a piece of furniture they didn’t have in stock. This is a “bait & switch” and highly unethical behavior.

Original review: April 23, 2021

Don't do it!!!! I ordered two of the Gather Petite Swivel Chairs on 2/19. The rep in the store told me that if I ordered these in the stock fabric, they'd be delivered in about 2 weeks - sounds good right? Don't believe it for a second. After ordering the arrival date was supposed to be 4/1. However, now after over two months later after delays, delivery person called to schedule delivery for 4/21. Finally!!!! Then they called back later that same day - truck "not going to make it" and they are rescheduling delivery for 4/30 -- hi, that's 10 days later!!! Crate & Barrel banned my review -- it appears that this company screens the voice of the customer and only posts the positive ones to its website. That really shows a lack of brand integrity!

Original review: April 14, 2021

Okay, to be clear I love C & B but their online experience is horrible and the website is a mess. You cannot track or even search past orders. For the last year when you click on the order details, it says "We are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later or call us at (800) 967-6696 for further assistance." I was ordering juice glasses and it would only allow me to put 2 in the cart (but 3 and 4 of the other sizes, same brand) so I had to place a separate order the other 4 (causing me to pay shipping twice). Lastly, their customer service is terrible. We will be shopping elsewhere in the future.

Original review: April 6, 2021

To all who may be considering shopping at Crate & Barrel DON'T! SCAM ALERT!!!! CRATE & BARREL. This company has unethical practices that involve bait and switch tactics which are highly illegal. The customer service is null from the customer service department to the CEO. Apparently, us customers are a bother. Too many meetings? Last I checked any retail store should be on top of every customer issue. Crate & Barrel loves to boast about the Lounge II sofa and ottomans. They are not quality, made in N.C but pure junk. Corners of furniture the fabric just tear at the seams and the frame broke all because of manufacture defect.

We bought the Lounge II, two Ottomans, a $450 delivery charge, a Large sheepskin rug, a large area plush rug, and pillows. Charged it all on the new credit we opened with them. When you attempt to get your furniture serviced you will be told "We are having trouble finding a furniture medic and will let you know when we do OR you can accept 50% off your purchase for an in store credit and lose the delivery fee." = Bait and Switch. I will be reporting this company to the BBB and the AG of Florida. Please spread the word to any friends and loved ones who may be considering Crate & Barrel.

Crate and Barrel Company Information