2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.25/5

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Crate and Barrel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crate and Barrel?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crate and Barrel?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

I purchased furniture in July. It was not made clear to me that I had to call them to release my piece from their own warehouse even though they arranged for the piece to be shipped by a third party shipper and were paying for it. That was eight weeks ago. I have no idea now if I will ever receive what I ordered. Will never order from C&B again.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

Robert ** in the Crate & Barrel Boston store was amazing and helped us furnish a new apartment in Boston within the space of 2 days. He was very helpful in suggesting different types of furniture (sofa/chairs, coffee table, side tables, lighting, dining table and chairs, mirrors, accessories, artwork) that would be available from stock (and not on special order, so it arrived quickly) and he dealt with queries and problems in such a kind and patient way. He monitored deliveries as well to make sure they came on time and let us know if there were delays. We could not be happier with the result. It looks great, Robert. Thank you.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

Ordered a wedding gift and trying to find out delivery. You can not get through via phone and have to text for inquiries. I held for an hour and finally hung up. It would be nice if someone would respond and give me a tracking number. I will call FedEx myself. Not worth the headache or frustration. I will never order from company again. You should be able to talk with a live person.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

Order a coffee table and had the options when also requesting a credit card rewards or 6 month interest free payment. 1st the order went in back order and then on hold. I received the credit card but the credit card and order was never linked so I never received the promo. Could not reach customer service. There are no live people only texting. They placed my order on hold cause I owed money but they never sent me a bill. What a disorganized company. What an impersonal customer service. They would rather lose a 1200.00 dollar order than pick up a phone. That should tell you what kind of company they are.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

Crate & Barrel, what happened to you? Let's just say this company has taken a nosedive in customer service, particularly their online department. I placed an order online for an item that was backordered. Before placing the order, I contacted customer service via text (they no longer are taking phone calls?) and the rep assured me I wouldn't be charged for the item until it was available. Well that turned out to be a lie, because right before I hit “Place Order” I was warned that I'd be charged a 50% deposit. Uh, OK, whatever. I also asked for a coupon to be applied to the order that wasn't working for me, and, again, the rep reassured me it'd be done. Well, I contacted them 24 hours later, after it appeared the full amount was now being charged to my credit card.

Not only did they knowingly charge the FULL AMOUNT of the order despite what I agreed to on their website (50% deposit), I found out the 20% also wasn't applied. They tried to weasel out of applying the discount because they claimed it wasn't a valid coupon AND said that I would have to pay the full amount because it was a store pick-up versus having it shipped. That made no sense to me and certainly wasn't disclosed when I made the purchase, which means they are fraudulently charging people amounts they don't agree to. I immediately told them to CANCEL the order and I'll never be doing business online again. What a nightmare!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

Back in March I placed an order for a bread maker. Called them and wanted to cancel it and they said it has already shipped and nothing they can do. 2 months later I received this order that at one time was canceled. Wow, 2 month shipping in the U.S., nice try Crap and Barrel. Your excuses and lies are worst than a kindergarten student.

Finally after many attempts of calling customer service, I called a store and talked to your employee who said your operations suck, big time. Their words. After customer service, got back to me almost 3 months later the package was picked up by a carrier they paid for, because I wasn't, cause they are dumb and liars. Here we go and it's mid August and past their 6 to 8 week return policy, to receive credit and I still haven't received anything. The worse company to deal with, find somewhere else to go. If my choice -5 stars.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

Ordered an expensive shower curtain for my new house. Returned it unopened as I found a substitute. Nothing, no reply. Contacted PayPal who decided the case in my favor. After PayPal resolution a month ago, still no reimbursement. Bad vendor. I will never buy from them again. And, if you're smart, you won't either.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I purchased an outdoor umbrella from Crate and Barrel online back in May, understandably due to the pandemic things were delayed with delivery. Once the umbrella was received I realized it was too small and I wanted to exchange for the next size up. After multiple attempts and being on hold for over two hours each time with no pick up, multiple text requests and emails with no response either, I was finally able to complete the return via text message communication. After the return was received it took another few weeks to receive the credit.

Finally when I tried to order the next size up umbrella the price had increased from the sale price that was in place when I ordered the first time. I was told that leadership wouldn't honor the request to match the previous discount, they did offer a $50 credit for the the misery I experienced, but the overall increased price is now significanty higher and the umbrella is on backorder until September. Had I received better customer care upfront I could have completed the return in a timely manner and purchased the replacement umbrella at the original discounted price and I would have been satisfied. Overall it's hard to accept such poor customer care from a national company, so many other options available online and locally, I won't ever purchase from Crate and Barrel again. Good luck and God bless!

Original review: June 27, 2020

CLOSED OUTLET in Dawsonville, GA - REMOVE PHONE NUMBER PLEASE - 15 + years of torture is ENOUGH!! This number is my home phone for over 13 years! I'd begged Crate & Barrel to remove it several times, but they've ignored the harassment they've caused by their negligence!

Original review: June 15, 2020

Crate and Barrel's website states Price Match Guaranteed. I inquired about such on 6/15/20 re Hario V60 Buono Power Kettle. I was told that the team leader, Donna, denied the price match because the Amazon kettle had 3 holes for steam and that theirs did not. Mind you, both have the exact same name. Why in the world would a company have supposedly 2 different models marketed with the same name? I reviewed the pictures on the Crate and Barrel website and at least THREE pictures of this kettle had the same 3 holes on the lid that the team leader claimed their kettle did not. Way to do your research to prove, or rather, disprove it is the same exact kettle! I tried to call back but couldn't get through for almost 30 minutes. So, I ended up writing this complaint instead since I couldn't get a real person to speak with the second time around.

Crate and Barrel Company Information