3.9/5 (406 ratings)

About Crate and Barrel

Crate and Barrel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crate and Barrel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crate and Barrel?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

Bought a couch in the beginning May. Standard sizes and Crate & Barrel proprietary fabric. They said it would take 16 weeks (which is ridiculous to begin with). Then they constantly push it back. Nothing one can do. 5 months later and they don’t have a clue when it will be shipped, which I’m told can take up to another two weeks beyond their “ready for delivery notification” and we are still without a couch. Never again!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

We are pleased with the quality of our Crate and Barrel "Tate" bedroom pieces consisting of a queen bed, two different dressers, two nightstands, and a bench. The set is beautiful and well made. The finish, clean design, and precision operation of the drawers on this quality made furniture is fantastic. I would, without hesitation, give C&B a five star review had the delivery process been better and quicker. We ordered everything in January of this year. In June, they delivered the nightstands, one dresser that was damaged, and the bed with damaged side rails. The damaged dresser and bed rails were not accepted.

I contacted C&B and customer service seemed responsive and professional. They told me the missing and damaged items would be set up for a second delivery. Since the bed was not complete without side rails, we slept on a floor based mattress and had nothing but nightstands for storage while we made do without a complete bedroom until the second delivery, now scheduled for mid August. When the second delivery arrived, the rest of the items all arrived except the bedrails. The bedrails were initially listed on the delivery, but were removed from the list without notice on the date of this "final" delivery. Everything else arrived intact and nothing was damaged this time.

I called customer service as soon as the delivery truck departed our home; I was not pleased, since this meant we would have to continue sleeping on a floor based mattress without a complete bed. The customer service rep was great, had great people skills, was sympathetic and he immediately set up the soonest available date for a third and final delivery scheduled for only 12 days later. On August 31, over eight months from placing the order, everything had finally arrived without further incident.

To be fair, the customer service rep had told me that Crate and Barrel was catching up and improving the delayed delivery problems following worldwide shipping and supply issues, so maybe things are better now. We would like to purchase one more item for our bedroom; however, we are somewhat reluctant to purchase anymore furniture concerned that it will arrive late and damaged. If you are not in a hurry, willing to wait and make yourself available for numerous delivery dates, then Crate and Barrel is definitely an option for quality furniture.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

All orders, at least in my experience are very slow to arrive. I've had two that I canceled since it was taking so long.. This round I ordered a KitchenAid 5 qt mixer and it's been 13 days - today it was to arrive, it was on the fed/ex truck since 7:25 this morning. At 7:00 tonight I call C&B and the rep called fed/ex and they said for sure tonight it will be here. As soon as we hung up, fed/ex changed the shipping to an exception, customer not home, when I'm here and they did not attempt the delivery. So this is really a complaint on C&B and Fed/EX. They use fed/ex home and they clearly are not honest. Again a gift not arrived on time, no more business from me with C&B.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

I have the Lounge II Sofa and it leaks feathers and sags regardless of how often you vacuum/fluff/rotate it... I even got a replacement and am having the same issue. Go with another option if you can!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

Missing 1/2 parts of my order/warehouse pickup changed to different state/they said they would deliver to house instead and only half the parts arrived/ have to wait another month for rest. Never again.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

ALERT: I left a poor review for damaged Tate Media Console I rec’d, full explanation w/ pics revealing no advertised “solid walnut” components, only veneer. They deleted & said to edit but won’t allow.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

These buffoons delivered damaged and the wrong beds to our new home three times! Bedding fell apart after one use. Customer service is just repeated platitudes. Their products are trash and they cannot perform.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

Please take time to read the reviews here regarding furniture orders and refund your furniture before they can come up with reasons to delay your refund. This means do it as soon as possible before status becomes: "ready to ship" or "preparing." I was really really hoping the following... "This is a big company right?These reviews must be biased from a minority of angry client cases right?" I was wrong. The bad reviews here are very true. Do not expect to get your furniture on time. Even when it says "Out for delivery," (again read other reviews as well), you will not get your furniture.

When I call customer service, they are actually very professional but... sadly... "All talk no action" is what the result of all that is. All talk. No action. I called about my "Out for delivery" order several times. Was told all kinds of things that are nice to hear such as "I have talked to the dispatch team... I have contacted the delivery team... and they are going to bring your furniture today." Nope. You will be asked to reschedule. Please trust your gut instinct. I know it is a big company. I know that review sites can be biased by negative reviews. But... this is real. Refund when you still can!

Resolution response: Aug. 12, 2022

UPDATE: Great customer service. They reached out immediately and helped us receive the remaining of our rewards. Thank you for that Crate and Barrel.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

Don't be fooled by their marketing tricks! We were lured into getting their credit card for the 10% rewards. We spent more than $5000 and received $500 in rewards only to learn that we lost more than $250 of the rewards money because we didn't read the tiny print at the bottom. We were supposed to spend all the reward money at once and apparently forfeited the rest of the amount. I am so disappointed in the deceitful practices of Crate and Barrel's credit card.

Original review: July 25, 2022

I purchased the “Verge” sideboard in January, 2022. The item was back ordered so I patiently waited until July, 2022 for delivery. After scheduling the delivery and taking off work, the piece was badly damaged upon arrival to my home. I was told I could not use the item as a loaner because it was “hazardous” and had to be brought back to the warehouse. I contacted customer service to schedule delivery for a replacement and I was told I would have to wait at least until November when the item would be back in stock. The customer service agent had zero sympathy for the delay and for the fact that my tv would be sitting on the floor for the remainder of the year without the furniture I already paid for.

Her solution to the issue was “just order something else that’s already in stock”. She was very rude and argumentative. She also told me I wasn’t being “fair” to other customers by asking if I could have a replacement sent from the next batch of orders. I ended up canceling my order and I’m still waiting for my refund to be processed. I have since gone on the Crate and Barrel site to review the sideboard. I wrote “the item was poor quality construction and not worth the wait”. I gave the product one star. Crate and Barrel emailed me saying my review has been moderated and will not be make public because it doesn’t relate to the product or its use. Terrible experience overall and I would not recommend purchasing anything if you’d like it within the year.

Crate and Barrel Company Information