2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

3.8/5 (272 ratings)

About Crate and Barrel

Crate and Barrel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crate and Barrel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crate and Barrel?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

We ordered custom couches in September 2020. We received the couches in Feb 2021 as expected, with a smooth delivery. Customer service was great, they informed me of the updates to the couches when I called in. We are very happy with the purchase and the seamless delivery and order updates.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

Robert ** in the Crate & Barrel Boston store was amazing and helped us furnish a new apartment in Boston within the space of 2 days. He was very helpful in suggesting different types of furniture (sofa/chairs, coffee table, side tables, lighting, dining table and chairs, mirrors, accessories, artwork) that would be available from stock (and not on special order, so it arrived quickly) and he dealt with queries and problems in such a kind and patient way. He monitored deliveries as well to make sure they came on time and let us know if there were delays. We could not be happier with the result. It looks great, Robert. Thank you.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 11, 2021

I purchased a $1,500 cabinet with C&B on May 22nd. It was backordered at the time with a projected availability date of June 25th. I figured a month's wait wouldn't be too bad. But, one month turned into two, with no definite availability date in sight. They pushed back the arrival date every week till it became a regular and anticipated source of frustration. Customer service could offer no additional insight about the delay. It seems that C&B could care less about things like accountability or honor. I found the manufacturer of the piece and wrote to them, as well. Crickets. No reply. I ended up canceling the item which proved to be a difficult feat. They took my money in seconds, but getting it back was slow going. I recognize that COVID might still be in play in this scenario. However, I don't believe C&B should advertise products they can't or won't deliver. Not recommended.

Original review: July 9, 2021

When shopping for a couch we found many that we liked and one of those happened to be the Lounge 93" Sofa. Others were from various vendors. We ultimately decided to go with the Lounge Sofa in a Stock fabric because they told us it was in stock and would only be 3-4 weeks to deliver and the other companies told us it would be more likely 10 weeks and we wanted it sooner than that. We are at three months and still don't have our couch that was "in stock with stock fabric." What is the most frustrating part is that they constantly have the estimated delivery date and then two to three days before that date they push it back an additional three to seven days. It is almost like they got you on the hook but then slowly drag you along for weeks and months saying it should be there soon or in the next 7 days.

Totally fine if the couches are not in stock - I get it, supply chain is all messed up because of Covid. But PLEASE don't lie to your customers to get their money. Now I am stuck in a house with no furniture and C&B has my money to hold the couch that has likely not been made yet. I have a housewarming party in two weeks that I will likely have to cancel because I will not have my couch. I wish I would have gone with another brand that had a better handle on their supply chain and didn't bait you to buy their couches with inaccurate delivery times.

Original review: May 29, 2021

We ordered a multi-piece sofa in February 2021, with one piece back ordered by a month. They delivered some of the sofa in April (including the back ordered piece), but they did not delivery a non-back ordered piece at that time and said it would arrive in May or June. Then it was pushed back to July, now it’s scheduled August (mind you we have only a partial sofa currently, which doesn’t work). Clearly they sold us a piece of furniture they didn’t have in stock. This is a “bait & switch” and highly unethical behavior.

Original review: April 23, 2021

Don't do it!!!! I ordered two of the Gather Petite Swivel Chairs on 2/19. The rep in the store told me that if I ordered these in the stock fabric, they'd be delivered in about 2 weeks - sounds good right? Don't believe it for a second. After ordering the arrival date was supposed to be 4/1. However, now after over two months later after delays, delivery person called to schedule delivery for 4/21. Finally!!!! Then they called back later that same day - truck "not going to make it" and they are rescheduling delivery for 4/30 -- hi, that's 10 days later!!! Crate & Barrel banned my review -- it appears that this company screens the voice of the customer and only posts the positive ones to its website. That really shows a lack of brand integrity!

Original review: April 14, 2021

Okay, to be clear I love C & B but their online experience is horrible and the website is a mess. You cannot track or even search past orders. For the last year when you click on the order details, it says "We are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later or call us at (800) 967-6696 for further assistance." I was ordering juice glasses and it would only allow me to put 2 in the cart (but 3 and 4 of the other sizes, same brand) so I had to place a separate order the other 4 (causing me to pay shipping twice). Lastly, their customer service is terrible. We will be shopping elsewhere in the future.

Original review: April 6, 2021

To all who may be considering shopping at Crate & Barrel DON'T! SCAM ALERT!!!! CRATE & BARREL. This company has unethical practices that involve bait and switch tactics which are highly illegal. The customer service is null from the customer service department to the CEO. Apparently, us customers are a bother. Too many meetings? Last I checked any retail store should be on top of every customer issue. Crate & Barrel loves to boast about the Lounge II sofa and ottomans. They are not quality, made in N.C but pure junk. Corners of furniture the fabric just tear at the seams and the frame broke all because of manufacture defect.

We bought the Lounge II, two Ottomans, a $450 delivery charge, a Large sheepskin rug, a large area plush rug, and pillows. Charged it all on the new credit we opened with them. When you attempt to get your furniture serviced you will be told "We are having trouble finding a furniture medic and will let you know when we do OR you can accept 50% off your purchase for an in store credit and lose the delivery fee." = Bait and Switch. I will be reporting this company to the BBB and the AG of Florida. Please spread the word to any friends and loved ones who may be considering Crate & Barrel.

Original review: March 29, 2021

Be aware that returning large pieces to Crate & Barrel is a long & tedious process. I bought 2 large Chairs from Crate & Barrel after going to the store to check their return policy and ease of returning, as I wasn't sure the color would work for me. The girl explained that I could either call and arrange a pick up but I would have to pay a restocking fee or I could return them myself to the warehouse which she confirmed was only 10 mins away. When the chairs arrived, I did not like them, so I immediately started the return process by attempting to call the number online. I was on hold for a long time (15mins?) and so took the suggestion of their 'recording' and decided to try texting.

I got a girl (I won't call her name), who was obviously too busy to be taking my case as she responded every 10 mins and then completely stopped responded. It was then picked up by someone else... I then texted back & forth for 1 hour & 15mins, trying to arrange to return them to the warehouse (an appointment is needed to do this and the first available was in 2 weeks)! So then I decided it to pay the restocking fee and have them pick them up. That was a 10 day wait. I assume, sensing my frustration, the young lady called me to discuss. She was very pleasant & we concluded that she would contact the warehouse and get back to me the next day (yesterday). That did not happen. I called today again and spoke to someone else, (also very pleasant) who assures me that someone will contact me either tomorrow or the next day. Hopefully they will...

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

ZERO STARS. Their website is constantly changing with inventory, availability on products. I ordered a bed and they told me it was in stock and ready to ship. A month later when it was actually supposed to ship (not sure why it took a month if it was in stock) they sent me a note saying it was back ordered. So when they took my money it was in stock but when then got around to the promised ship date it was now on back order???

So my date for shipping got moved out a month and who knows when it will actually show up to my house. Their customer service reps are trained to annoy you and avoid answering questions and lie to you. Also they never read reviews, they just ignore them and they have no desire to give their customers a good experience. STAY AWAY from this train wreck of a company that is completely mismanaged.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

We order Sofa and they keep delay the delivery time for over 2 months, when calling them we heard almost all excused in the world. Covid delay, truck delay, shipment delay, we don't know why... you name it. Store peoples are very nice when you come and place the order but then when they need to deliver, there are only excuses over excuses and they say, "Sorry nothing we can do." Run... Don't spend any $ with them, we had awful experience!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

I ordered paring knife January 2nd 2021. Immediately they say they are out and will deliver in February. Now it's February and they now say end of March, they just want your email address so they can send a deluge of emails selling you stuff, they are a total rip off.

Crate and Barrel Company Information