1.08/5
Based on 75 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

76 Crate and Barrel Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I purchased 2 CB2 lamps through another company. After not receiving a shipping notice for several days, I contacted them and was advised that there was an issue with the order and the lamps would be shipping out shortly but they could not tell me when. Knowing I needed the lamps ASAP, on Thursday morning, August 16/18, I went on CB2.com and ordered 2 more directly from them. I paid the additional $12.95 for 2 day express shipping which the order said would arrive on Monday, August 20. FALSE - they shipped them on Friday evening, GROUND, and the home delivery for ground is actually closed on Mondays.

Customer service did not resolve this issue and could not explain why I paid for, and was promised express 2 day shipping when that was impossible. They also didn't explain why a 2 DAY EXPRESS order placed at 7am on Thursday, didn't get picked up until Friday evening. Either way, FedEx Ground doesn't deliver on Saturdays or Mondays. Complete waste of my time. Had I know that, I would not have bothered to order 2 express items, I would have waited for the original order. Avoid at all cost!!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Don’t use gift cards online. Actually, I don’t recommend doing anything online. Their online ordering system failed twice when I tried to make a purchase with my gift cards, but still took the money off my gift cards. I called customer service and then said it takes 24-48 hours for the balance to refill. Um…what? I decided to call in to make the purchase using a different gift card, which went through. But a week later and after numerous unanswered emails and useless customer service calls they tell me that I actually used my other gift card to make the purchase. Well, the order recipe says otherwise and why would both of my gift cards be zeroed out? Still waiting to have this resolved, but I have to call in every day. They have made it very clear that they don’t care. Even after generating a couple thousand in revenue for them.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Crate and Barrel has taken my money and time and delivered sub-par furniture. I ordered an $8k custom Axis II 3 piece sectional. 12 weeks after ordering, they were confused why they only had 2 of 3 pieces made. The delivery men were reckless with the piece and it showed up damaged. 4 weeks later I get an email saying the fabric is being recalled for flammability. I had ordered 2 nightstands. I had to have them delivered twice because they were damaged. Do not order with them, it is such a headache.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

Went to Crate and Barrel to buy a TV console in early June. Was told that the one I wanted was outsold and they will have a new stock in the middle of the month. I paid it full waiting for it to be delivered to my address by July. I waited and nothing was delivered yet, and no communication as to why. So I called asking why. The representative told me that it will be delivered by early August. Was mad and cancelled the order and was told that my money will be refunded within 21 days.

After waiting I called again, and the representative told me that after reviewing my account she discovered that the Comenity Bank manager did not authorize the refund and she does not know why, and she pretended that she was very sorry for everything, and told me again that the money will be in my account after 21 days. This is my money and they dont want to refund. I kindly advise those out there who want to buy from Crate and Barrel to think twice when doing business with Crate and Barrel/Comenity Bank. I personally will never go back there.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I was promised delivery of a console table by the end of July, which I wanted in time for a party. The item does not become available for delivery until beginning of August and when I go to schedule I have to wait another two weeks. Customer service was horrible, making up excuses for the length of time. They made zero apologies for not being able to deliver the item when promised and then made no attempt to remedy the situation.

I was told that the trucks were full for the week I needed the item and the next representative said the item would not be able to arrive in time from the warehouse it is at. However, she never even looked up the current location, had no idea where the table actually was and simply did not want to help solve the issue. Linda the supervisor actually lied to me about why I could not get the item in time. I am VERY disappointed and it is laughable to be charged $99 delivery fee for this hack service. I will be canceling the item and no longer giving my business to C&B.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crate and Barrel?

Original review: July 31, 2018

NEVER, EVER ORDER THIS. I ordered this daybed 7 weeks ago, choosing the color and style because I needed it ASAP and the website assured me it would be ready to ship right away. Only AFTER Crate and Barrel took my $ did they inform me that they wouldn't deliver it until the end of the NEXT month - almost 8 weeks later. I should be clear, I do not live in the wilds of North Dakota. I live in Charlottesville, VA. One hour from a Crate and Barrel store. I was unhappy, but said Ok. What can you do? They called to arrange the delivery time, but then called back two days later to let me know they hadn't delivered the furniture to the shipment site in time; they'd have to rearrange delivery...for August. On a Friday. When I'm at work.

To compensate me, they'll pay me back the money they already collected 2 months ago for shipping the bed they never shipped. $150. I mentioned that Wayfair will deliver furniture in mere days. That I order from Article, in CANADA, and get my items more quickly and with better customer service. Overstock.com gets my items to me in less than a week. That they could HIRE A GUY WITH A TRUCK AND PAY HIM TO DELIVER MY PIECE, as this is their mistake and, at this point, is pretty egregious. I have not heard back, other than the incredibly generous refund on that shipping. Thanks, C&B! Perhaps you could stop spending all that money on shipping me catalogs and instead use it to improve your customer service. Crate and Barrel won't even post my review.

Original review: July 26, 2018

Ordered chair May 18 when it was in stock; CB2 shipped it immediately. When I didn't receive it they claimed it was "lost," but by then it was back ordered until, supposedly, July. They strung me along for months as I called multiple CS agents, waiting on hold an hour each time, to get status. Also tried email to CS. Each time the agent (Alejandra, Nilsa, Carl, Linda, Sue, Caley) promised to call me back with status but never did. Each time the agent promised the replacement chair in late July.

Caley even gave me her email address so I could check on ETA. July 26 I emailed Caley for status. She replied that chair was not back ordered until late Sept. I replied in email "PLEASE CALL ME." Within 30 seconds, instead of calling she sent an email vacation responder and ignored subsequent emails. I reported her and the other problems to management and canceled the order. I no longer think Crate & Barrel is a trustworthy furniture company. Their customer service is the worst I've ever experienced.

Original review: July 22, 2018

After purchasing a casserole dish and using it a few times, I noticed a crack in the bottom of the dish. I took it back to exchange it. Salesperson was quite standoffish and asked me many questions. He told me I should not use it with over 350 oven temperature, which to me it was a surprise as when you bake things, clearly sometime you need to cook over 350. When I sent them the feedback review, and gave them a 2 star, they declined to post it on their website! This makes me more upset as to this company does not even want to hear constructive criticism to do better. The high stars from customers on their website is misleading the consumer as they only post good feedbacks. This is how companies lose customers and eventually their business. Will never shop there again.

Original review: June 30, 2018

When purchasing furniture, utilizing their 6 month, no interest plan, I was told "You have 6 months from the time of receiving your first bill to pay the balance off, without accruing any interest charges." Be aware that those 6 months begin the moment you walk out of the store, NOT when you receive your first bill several weeks later. Just makes a considerable difference in what you pay monthly, in order to have it paid off within that promotional time frame.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Called first at 9 AM. Put my name in the queue. You didn’t call me back. Called again. Waited 37 minutes for someone to pick up the phone to take my order! Had to listen to their canned message that they were going to pick my call up in seven minutes, 16 times! Either they need to have more agents or they need to not promise that they will pick your call up in seven minutes! Why should I give a company my business they can’t even bother to call me back?

Original review: June 19, 2018

I only gave them one star so the review would post. We ordered a family room rug online for store pick up in Natick. Waited over 3 weeks and called the store. They didn't have it and no one at the corporate warehouse new anything about it. Their only remedy was to cancel the ship-to-store order and send it to my house. Told it would be 3-5 days before I saw it. 8 Days later I call and it hasn't shipped and they can't tell me why? Everything is a mystery and C&B?

I instructed the customer service rep to cancel the order. She replied it would take "a few days" to determine if the order could be canceled? I told her my next call was to Amex and miraculously she could cancel it. In the meantime we ordered a rug a week ago from a competitor and it's under the dining room table today. My advice, buy from a competitor. One last thing, at on-line check out it says they will charge you 50% deposit and the rest when it ships. They charged 100% in full on the day of the transaction.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I placed a substantial order ($250) on a wedding registry to be delivered to my home. The order included 2 glass wine carafes, wine glasses, martini glasses and craft beer glasses among other items. All of the glass items were simply wrapped in the white foam sheeting or bubble wrap-- no boxes! When I called customer service, I was told that when I ordered I had the option of purchasing boxes at $5.50 each! With the amount of items I had, the additional cost would have been another $27.50! I didn't need perfect gift boxes-- cardboard boxes for free would have been fine and I really can't believe a company of this magnitude would ship glassware individually and unboxed when so many were ordered. I will never shop nor purchase for another wedding registry at Crate and Barrel again. This is very poor customer service.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I bought wooden bowls (food bowls) from Crate and Barrel at the Millenia Mall in Florida. We used the bowls and noticed a chemical smelling odor coming from the bowls (they were wooden). We decided to return them because of this. When we got there what appeared to be the manager gave us ** right away. She was like “I have these bowls at home and they do not smell.” We responded that we weren’t satisfied nor will we be using these bowls and would like a return. She told us that we couldn’t return these bowls because they were used.

We had the original receipt and bought them two days prior to this. We were confused because the return policy said you can return non-furniture items with a receipt. We asked to speak to someone else and she called the security officer over. We never threatened or said anything to her besides being confused as to why we were being denied a return. Tried calling corporate. Some rude man answered the phone and transferred us. We left a message and no one ever got back to us.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I ordered a table for my daughter in November 2017 from Karen at the Houston, TX store. I was told it would be available for pickup on December 2 at the Dallas, TX warehouse. I was not able to take that appointment but scheduled for a December 9 pickup. We arrived at 1 p.m. on December 9 and the table was not there. The 3rd party shipping company could not really help us so I called the store. Karen would not come to the phone so I spoke with someone else. He told me he could not understand why someone had not contacted me about this development.

Then he said His records showed that the table was supposed to be picked up in Austin, TX 200 miles away and not until the middle of the following week. That made no sense. I told him that could not be right. He said he would have Karen call me back. She never did. The shipping company finally realized that Crate and Barrel was not going to help me at all so they stepped in. The manifest showed that my table was supposed to be on the truck coming in later that afternoon. I decided to take a chance and waited around Dallas (I live 110 miles away).

We came back when the truck finally arrived and luckily the table was on the truck. I contacted customer service 3 times to discuss why we were not informed that our table was not ready to be picked up and why we kept being told that it was going to Austin. All 3 times I was told that customer service could not help me and that they would forward the email to the store and HOPEFULLY someone from the store would contact me. I am shocked at the lack of customer service and at the fact that this Karen person has been so unresponsive.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

About three years ago; My online order with C & B did not arrive. I called customer service (spoke with Stephanie). She said I got the order, but would trace. Nothing happened. I called back, got another associate who said USP heard broken glass & returned the package to C & B, and that Stephanie had done nothing. A replacement was sent. I wrote a letter to the company (in Europe) and got no response at all. That means management either is indifferent to such incompetence or condones it. The only time I shop C & B is if I absolute cannot find it anywhere else and really want it, which is quite rare.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

C&B required 50^ payment for 2 chairs =2000.00. This amount was paid. Rep said chairs would be done and delivered in 8 weeks. AFTER payment was made, she said it would take 12-14 weeks. Normally 12 weeks. Placed order in early September. It is 4 months later and C&B has NEVER called/contacted us to discuss any type of delay. Visited local store this evening and was told by manager that the order would done in February sometime. Got the song and dance about her calling her corp office to share our concerns, etc.

C&B has taken $2000.00, 50% of the payment, ignored any type of communication to the consumer. The consumer was FORCED to go to the store to get an update and all the employees just stood there looking dumbfounded as to why a consumer might possibly be upset that they took $2000.00, stated a delivery date of 11/15 to 12/9, and they are already behind, going be another 2 and half months, February 9+ 2018, maybe before the chairs are done. Do you a spare 2 thousand dollars laying around for Crate and Barrel to use??? Crate and Barrel took 2000.00. Produced no goods or communication to show for it. My guests will have NO CHAIRS to sit on at Christmas AND it will take another 60 plus ys to get my chairs! But they will want their money as though they did nothing wrong. Such BS. Never do business with Crate & Barrel.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Extremely disappointed with C&B with this purchase! We purchased the Ainsworth TV stand about a week ago with both gift card & credit card for over $1200.00. Received the stand yesterday from delivery company, the box had no visible damage, however, after removing stand from box, the stand/cabinet had multiple damaged areas to it. The walnut top has 2 corners dented, the entire back panel was loose and not secured to the wood, front bottom door was not jointed, doors are not aligned, screws were not secured to wood (laying in cardboard box), cabinet is loose - completely wobbles when pushed on one side and glue on upper right corner.

Took pictures of this immediately and called C & B customer service. The woman that I talked with first was apologetic and had no issue with crediting the amount back. Unfortunately, since I used a gift card for $888.27 & $330.00 on my cc, this is how they will refund the amount. I complained & asked to speak to her supervisor (Lisa, manager). I explained the issue with the cabinet and want a refund. No problem, except you will receive the credit on gift card & cc as you purchased item. I’m now waiting to speak with her boss to receive either a check or cc refund of the entire charge!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Couple registered with Crate and Barrel for their wedding. Ordered several items off registry for shower in the summer; had difficulty getting some of the items, as they seemed to sit packaged in the warehouse waiting for someone to load them on the truck. But gave C&B the benefit of the doubt, because that is what the couple wanted. Ordered wedding present from C&B online; delivery was scheduled and cancelled and scheduled and cancelled several times; item finally showed up the day BEFORE the most last reschedule. Aaargh.

Now, having the SAME ISSUE with an order off the same registry-- it's sitting in the warehouse ready to ship, but no-one seems to be able to actually place it on a truck. Customer service keeps telling me that I'll have it today; today comes and goes, call/chat back, "Oops. It says it has shipped but you're right, there is no shipping/tracking info, so that means that it is still in the warehouse." Customer service has been nice enough, but they can't do anything about the deplorable state of the warehouse staff. Even corporate customer service hasn't been able to move them to lift that package (which shouldn't be that heavy) onto a truck. Next time, I'll find something similar somewhere else. (And advising everyone to NOT REGISTER at Crate and Barrel!)

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Purchase a couch and an ottoman August 2017 waiting patiently for delivery November 2017. Lost our ottoman, damaged delivery. Customer service at the Costa Mesa store had different stories on where the ottoman went. First it was lost, then they found it, then it was all of a sudden going to delivery. Upon delivery the ottoman was damaged (always inspect your delivery). Customer services wanted us to retain the ottoman that was damaged. Not sure why they would want their customer to retain damaged products. Very disappointed, and unsatisfied with Customer Service.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

We purchased an Aidan leather sofa from C&B three years ago for $4255 expecting a quality product. What we got was far from quality. First, the leather color was nowhere near the swatch we picked at the store but we accepted that. Now, with 3 years of very light use the leather has stretched out because the foam in the cushions and arms compressed. It feels now like you are sitting in a bucket and the arms have lost their shape. We called the Salt Lake City store where we purchased the sofa. We also sent them pictures and detailed the problem. They said they would contact the vendor and share our concerns to see if anything could be done. C&B just contacted us and we were told that the vendor said this is "normal" wear and it is not a problem.

We have purchased many sofas in our lives and we've never had a sofa where the cushions collapsed. Our continued complaint was met with basically "your problem not ours". Clearly in this situation C&B does not stand behind their product. We will never do business this them again and will urge everyone we know and hopefully everyone who reads this review to think very carefully before purchasing furniture from them as the quality of their products could be questionable.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

They initiate and confirm delivery when the item has not yet left the warehouse and then cancel the day of the delivery, while you are sitting at home waiting. They actually explain that they schedule and confirm deliveries based on estimates so that item doesn't sit in their warehouse. Got little more than an "Ooops" when I complained that I had taken a vacation day and had old furniture removed based on their confirmation of the delivery window.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

We bought a bathroom vanity from Crate & Barrel. It didn't go through the bathroom door so we had to shave the door frame to get it inside. Our copper pipes for water connection are on the wall but this was made for floor connection. So we had to modify the inside to be able to connect it. A month later a crack appeared. Crate & Barrel contacted the vendor (they seem to think that they are not responsible) and the vendor claimed that since we put handles the guarantee was void. The handles were put because it is impossible to open the doors of the vanity without them. It is not made for US market. The crack has nothing to do with the handles. They sold us a $1300 junk. It is compressed cardboard with vinyl covering. We also bought a bed from them which came 2 inches too long. Do not patronize this company...

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Unless this company completely revamps their delivery service they will go out of business. These are the days of Amazon, where you don't have to wait 6 weeks, then wait another 2 weeks once it's in the warehouse to get a delivery day, then not be able to schedule a time slot, then have the time slot not work for you and have to wait another two weeks for a new delivery day. It has been over 2 months and now the new time slot again doesn't work for me. Rather than wait two more weeks I now have to pay someone to be at my house. This is absurd. No other company operates like this. I hope they go out of business. I will NEVER buy anything from this company again.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

When I ordered the item online, it stated it was IN STOCK and ready for delivery to my area. On the very DAY of the scheduled delivery (only one hour before, in fact) I get a voicemail that states "The warehouse did not let us know the sofa did not come in time for the delivery." This is also after I got a confirmation phone call of my delivery two days before. What kind of service is this? Horrible!!

Original review: June 10, 2017

I received a gift for Mother's Day. It was a small kitchen appliance. Because the item has too many little pieces, which was unpractical for me, my husband and I decided to return it the next business day (the gift was purchased on Friday afternoon and we wanted to return it on Monday that's two days later). Cherry Hill NJ Crate & Barrel Store refused to accept the return without a reason. Be aware that unlike many other stores that carry exactly the same items, this chain refuses returns based on the excuse that the item is used.

In our case, we didn't even have time to try it, yet they used the same excuse. I called the customer service multiple times, chatted online. I found their customer service very unprofessional as well. They are not serious and don't value the customer. They sent us to the store after writing to the CEO for store credit. The store refused to give the credit despite the case number the CEO has given. I will never shop from Crate & Barrel because of their unreasonable customer service. Every step of the customer service irritates you so that you give up on your rights. Very cheap attitude behind its upper scale and deceiving look. Please be aware customers!

Original review: May 17, 2017

I have strolled around the furniture floor at Walnut Creek and rarely see anyone on the second floor to assist me or to ask if I need assistance. It is a stark contrast to the bottom floor, as they are always very helpful and greet you with a smile. That said, I found two employees talking in a huddle and approached them for assistance. It felt as though I encroached on their very important discussion. I was informed the item I wanted was located at the warehouse and it would be delivered to the store for a Tuesday pick up.

By Tuesday late afternoon, I called to find out what the status was. I was informed that I misunderstood and deliveries are never received on Tuesday and I just need to wait for them to call me and no specific day on when that would happen. Seriously? How about..."We are terribly sorry you were given a specific date. Let me call the warehouse and find out when they plan to deliver it. I will follow up with you in 24 hours". This is my last purchase at this store.

Original review: April 9, 2017

Purchased Axis ll Queen Sleeper Lounger in custom color. Salesperson was knowledgeable and patient in helping me choose custom fabric and color. Went downhill from there. Customer support was abrasive, incompetent and frustrating, causing much wasted time and a negative overall experience. Got a text listing a number to call and schedule delivery. After being on hold for a while was told I had to call the store instead as the purchase was not made online. Perhaps the text should have listed the store number? Store person who picked up the call was rude and dismissive, insurance documentation follow-up was time-consuming and required multiple emails and calls. When I received a call and email from the delivery company, they were equally rude and incompetent.

Though I told salesperson, and everyone else I spoke to after that delivery had to happen between certain hours per my building requirements, they scheduled and showed up whenever they felt like it. Driver whined and complained about everything, elevator wasn't big enough, light fixtures in the hallway was an issue. My sofa cushions were thrown in the building hallway on a dirty furniture blanket. There are over 800 luxury apartments in my building. How is it that their furniture fits in their apartments and my movers did not have one ounce of issues with bigger furniture? Guessing they were fishing for a sympathy tip or trying to justify their delayed delivery time for the day.

Sofa is okay, not worth the $3,600 spent. Love the color and fabric and while I expected firm, I ended up with cushions that feel like one is sitting on a board as there's a bed underneath which was not the case when I tried it at the store. Sigh, never will I ever purchase any furniture from Crate and Barrel ever again. They put on a facade of providing quality furniture and service when in fact they're a very low quality provider. At the end of the day it's just a piece of furniture so it's not worth the aggravation and frustration. Crate and Barrel's CEO and Management should be fired.

Original review: March 23, 2017

We went to Crate & Barrel in 2014 and purchased a sectional sofa, leather chair & ottoman, side chair, media cabinet, dining table, & six upholstered chairs. Yup, it was a lot...we'd never bought furnishings all at once like that. Mostly we got the choices we wanted except for the dining chairs. I wanted a bench seat and had planned for a built-in banquette for the other side. They had the bench I liked on display. But foolishly we allowed ourselves to fall for the hard-sell of oversized upholstered (i.e. very expensive) high backed chairs. Yes they were beautiful and comfy but totally not practical with kids and cats!!!!! My mistake. I own that.

Then there were numerous failings with items in that purchase upon the initial delivery: the media cabinet was warped on top, the side chair had an iron support spearing out the back that gouged my wall, the leather chair and ottoman were mismatched dye lots, the sectional had a cushion that was mis-sewn, spewing feathers, and the second leather chair had a scrape in it that looked like it had been made with a careless box-cutter - at least I knew enough to refuse delivery on the obvious flaws and the others were eventually replaced. So we took that as a good sign, but should have realized that all those flaws and being oversold those chairs was actually just the opposite.

We went back to Crate & Barrel to turn what was a mother-in-law suite into a media room for our teenage boys now that their grandmother had passed. It's not a huge room and we made that explicitly clear upon arrival in the store that we needed an apartment size sofa. I had the room measurements with us and all of the sofas were too long. A saleswoman showed us one that was up against a wall and at 88" would just fit. We sat on it and felt that it wasn't extra deep and looked at other possibilities including the area rug it was sitting on. It took a long time to get a salesperson who was able to arrange the sale and we again went over our needs and the issues with the odd size & shape of the room and the need for small scale furniture. We ordered the sofa and were disappointed to learn of the 3 month delivery wait.

Three and a half weeks later we had painted and prepared the room and were pacing out the new furniture when I looked up the sofa online for the exact dimensions. I could not believe that this supposedly small sofa was 43" deep and called the salesman. His immediate response was, "Well yes, it's an oversized piece." I was dumbfounded. How did we come in for an apartment size sofa and wind up ordering an oversized piece? We had sat on it, it was not extra deep. "No, the extra space is behind the cushion in the frame." he said. But, it was up against the wall, we wouldn't have seen that. We had reviewed over and over the room dimensions with them, (it's an L shape) how did they think this was what we were looking for? There was no way this sofa will fit in that room with anything else.

The salesman said he would see what his manager would do. Then the runaround began. All the manager did was reiterate their policy that we were responsible for 50% of the $3700 cost of the sofa. I searched and searched their products online and eventually found they actually did sell an apartment size 'Davis' sofa that was only 78" long and 36" deep which would have been the perfect item for us in the first place. I told them we would be fine with swapping for the smaller sofa and then applying the additional monies to something else, so not expecting a refund or reimbursement.

Plus it means we would have to start the 12 week clock all over again but at least we would wind up with something we could use. I reminded them how we stood by them after six of the items we purchased were damaged or flawed and still came back to their store. If that doesn't define a good customer what does? The manager said she had to talk to her boss, because our sofa was almost ready to deliver! I was surprised since it isn't due until mid-May but no, she insisted it's nearly complete and we are obligated to purchase it or lose 50% of the cost.

After three consults with the boss, the manager offered to reduced our commitment to 30% of the price or $1,110 which she thought was a huge concession... despite the fact that they will turn around and resell that $3700 sofa and keep $1110 of our money too. Needless to say we can't afford to donate $1110 to Crate & Barrel and will have to go through with the purchase of the sofa. I called today to find out when it will be delivered since she had said it was almost ready. The girl looked it up on the computer and said it is still scheduled for mid-May delivery!! They lie. They cheat. They tried to steal. Shop elsewhere. There are too many furniture stores with excellent Customer Service to give C&B a dime.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

Table cloths - After paying over $100 for this paper thin cloth I washed it. It is a wrinkled hot mess. It's practically see through and wrinkled to the point that even ironing doesn't get the wrinkles out. Do not waste your money. Since I washed it they won't accept it for return. Do yourself a favor, avoid this place.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

I went online to buy some bar stools that I saw in a restaurant & really liked the look of. After getting them in my house, I see that they are totally "school house" looking. After paying $60 for shipping and handling, on a $417 purchase I feel like there should be SOME type of return policy that would make me (THE CUSTOMER) happy in order to keep me as such. NOPE, they want me to pay for return shipping at the same/additional $60. So, I am spending $120 on an item that I was not happy with which seems completely like a ripoff. Though I do understand the concept of making money, I'm going to cost them much more than the $120 I'm wasting just in negative reviews online, maybe they don't understand the concept of "word of mouth" in the 21st century. Don't do business with these people.

Not sure about Crate and Barrel?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Furniture Stores for you.

Crate and Barrel Company Information

www.crateandbarrel.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business