2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.69/5

Crate and Barrel Reviews

Original review: May 9, 2020

I've been trying for a few weeks to 'unsubscribe' from Crate and Barrel's marketing e-mails (in Canada), and on at least three occasions used the unsubscribe link embedded in the e-mails. I wanted to unsubscribe as they've been sending daily e-mails during the pandemic, and they've become a proverbial pain. On April 24, I contacted Customer Service online voicing my displeasure, and asking when I would be removed. I finally received a response on May 2 that I would be removed from their list 'within a week'. As of today (May 9), they still continue to send their unwanted e-mails. It's very poor customer service and pathetic distribution list maintenance, and their online 'unsubscribe' seems to be even worse. I watched a short Bloomberg interview with Neela Montgomery, their current CEO, who talks about how Customers are so important to them. From my experience, her organisation fails to deliver the goods.

Original review: May 8, 2020

Ordered a rather expensive patio umbrella just to find out there was no pole or frame, these items are sold separately $130 and require $90 shipping. Just found out that to return I need to absorb shipping both ways $60! Learn from my mistake, use Amazon instead.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 20, 2020

I purchased a fireplace screen as a gift for my son. When they received the box it was NOT the size they said in the description and it was damaged. My son called and got the info to send it back and Fed Ex had it shipped back to me NOT to Crate and Barrel. I finally got it shipped back to Crate and Barrel and after 2 weeks still have not received a refund. Called customer service and the package has to be received by 4 or 5 different departments BEFORE they will issue a refund. Well I'll bet they won't wait weeks on end to get paid for a product that someone orders but they will take FOREVER to issue a refund. Be VERY careful if you have to return anything. And they are NOT very pleasant to deal with when asking what progress the refund is at.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I ordered the parcels table in early November and was told it would be delivered the beginning of January. I called to check on the order several times because I received a notice that it was back ordered. Finally found out that it would be available early February. Well I finally received notification that it was ready only to find out the earliest they can deliver is a month away! Word to the wise - don't believe the estimated delivery date - that refers to the date they may ship it. Large pieces are delivered by a 3rd party and be prepared to wait up to 4-6 weeks to actually have it delivered! I will never order anything from them again.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I received two Frye Fanny Packs for Christmas gift. They were not what we thought we were looking for based on pictures online. Both fanny packs were returned on December 26th and received in Tracy, CA on December 30. My credit card still shows I owe 98.88 due January 15. On top of my return being timely, we were charged $23 and change to ship these back, which I believe is exorbitant. Now I believe I have to pay the bill, and I'll have to wait to have them return the money back to me. I really like C&B products, but when buying online, it's not certain that satisfaction of the purchase will be there. The items were sent back in their original box and packing. We do not have a C&B in town, so returns are difficult. Most large companies that operate business online do not charge for returns. I was very disappointed with my experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crate and Barrel?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

I had a horrible experience returning two patio chairs which I was given as gift. I had phoned and sent pictures. I did not have receipt. They took 15 minutes inspecting them. Finally they came with an offer of $ 50 each, They sell these at $300 each!! They said the restocking fee is 80%. The reason was that the legs of the chairs were showing some use. The chairs had NO FLOOR PROTECTORS!!! One of the manager told me that the cost of the chair was $80. He let out the secret ! They sell it for $375!!! I have no intention to shop there.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I purchased a bedroom set and paid in full at the store near me. Thousand of dollars. Waited 2 weeks for delivery to find out dresser and bed frame was damaged. Schedule a second delivery attempt for another 2 weeks with email confirmation that will be delivered. The day before delivery I get a call saying it was not schedule and my furniture will not arrive as promised. I'm beyond upset at this point. The only solution it's to wait another 2 weeks to be delivered. 6 Six weeks in total!!!!! Its ridiculous. I will NOT recommend this store to anyone who work hard for the money they spent wanting a reliable customer service experience. Never again!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I just got off the phone with Crate and Barrel as I was inquiring about delivery of a new bed frame that doesn't use a boxspring and nightstand and wanted to know if they will remove the existing metal bed frame and box springs. Was told they will not move anything that is existing, therefore it is up to me to move my existing bed at my own expense prior to delivery of the new bed frame. They will only deliver and assemble to an empty space. Unless you do not already own a bed and sleep on the floor this is ridiculous!!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I'm disappointed to write this review and I LOVE the C & B and CB2 design but I can't say I'll ever order from any of their companies again. I've spent thousands of dollars there and only have bad experience after bad experience getting my items. The delivery and communication of said delivery is deplorable. They are SO glad to take your money but take their sweet time letting you enjoy the items you've worked so hard to purchase.

In this instance, I ordered the Tyson leather chair (custom) and the nesting coffee tables. I was quoted a 8-10 week delivery process to accommodate the customized piece (not sure if I buy that, but whatever) and now we are sitting at 10+ weeks with no furniture to show for it. Any updates on the status? Nope. Not a call, email, VM, nothing. I had to drive down to the store when I hit 10 weeks to ask someone to tell me what was going on (don't get me started on the fact that every salesperson in there pretended I was invisible). Only to find out, part of my order now is delayed.. Why wasn't that held for me when I wanted to have 1 delivery day... so I don't have to take off more than one day from my job that pays for these items...?? Hmmm... so now we'll be looking at about 15 total weeks for something that was supposedly available for delivery the day I purchased it. We'll see if it even makes it by that 15 week mark.

Just got off the phone with the customer service rep at the Dallas locations, by the way. He had no resolution to offer other than rescheduling for another day-- is that a joke!? Also persisted to talk over me the whole time. Wasn't patronizing which I appreciate, but good god- shut up when i'm talking. I'm really upset that I won't be able to spend anymore money here.. oh and I have the CC. No value in their customers. I will be telling everyone about this head-aching experience.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I ordered a mini Dash toaster oven on October 2, 2019. Was told it would be delivered on 10/24/19. Then I got a message that said it would be delivered on 11/4/19. I contacted them via Twitter. They said they would send me a new one and that I could keep the old one as well. They said they would expedite it and delivery should take one to two days. Well that was on 10/25 and UPS delivers on all days so now it's been 4 days. Contacted them again and they said they would email their warehouse to make sure that they get my order shipped out the next day with tracking updates. So yeah, that's my experience. I will never buy anything from them again. I regret this purchase so much. It's not the toaster oven itself but rather the lack of...service maybe.

Crate and Barrel Company Information