1.09/5
Based on 64 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

65 Crate and Barrel Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 16, 2018

I placed a substantial order ($250) on a wedding registry to be delivered to my home. The order included 2 glass wine carafes, wine glasses, martini glasses and craft beer glasses among other items. All of the glass items were simply wrapped in the white foam sheeting or bubble wrap-- no boxes! When I called customer service, I was told that when I ordered I had the option of purchasing boxes at $5.50 each! With the amount of items I had, the additional cost would have been another $27.50! I didn't need perfect gift boxes-- cardboard boxes for free would have been fine and I really can't believe a company of this magnitude would ship glassware individually and unboxed when so many were ordered. I will never shop nor purchase for another wedding registry at Crate and Barrel again. This is very poor customer service.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I bought wooden bowls (food bowls) from Crate and Barrel at the Millenia Mall in Florida. We used the bowls and noticed a chemical smelling odor coming from the bowls (they were wooden). We decided to return them because of this. When we got there what appeared to be the manager gave us ** right away. She was like “I have these bowls at home and they do not smell.” We responded that we weren’t satisfied nor will we be using these bowls and would like a return. She told us that we couldn’t return these bowls because they were used.

We had the original receipt and bought them two days prior to this. We were confused because the return policy said you can return non-furniture items with a receipt. We asked to speak to someone else and she called the security officer over. We never threatened or said anything to her besides being confused as to why we were being denied a return. Tried calling corporate. Some rude man answered the phone and transferred us. We left a message and no one ever got back to us.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I ordered a table for my daughter in November 2017 from Karen at the Houston, TX store. I was told it would be available for pickup on December 2 at the Dallas, TX warehouse. I was not able to take that appointment but scheduled for a December 9 pickup. We arrived at 1 p.m. on December 9 and the table was not there. The 3rd party shipping company could not really help us so I called the store. Karen would not come to the phone so I spoke with someone else. He told me he could not understand why someone had not contacted me about this development.

Then he said His records showed that the table was supposed to be picked up in Austin, TX 200 miles away and not until the middle of the following week. That made no sense. I told him that could not be right. He said he would have Karen call me back. She never did. The shipping company finally realized that Crate and Barrel was not going to help me at all so they stepped in. The manifest showed that my table was supposed to be on the truck coming in later that afternoon. I decided to take a chance and waited around Dallas (I live 110 miles away).

We came back when the truck finally arrived and luckily the table was on the truck. I contacted customer service 3 times to discuss why we were not informed that our table was not ready to be picked up and why we kept being told that it was going to Austin. All 3 times I was told that customer service could not help me and that they would forward the email to the store and HOPEFULLY someone from the store would contact me. I am shocked at the lack of customer service and at the fact that this Karen person has been so unresponsive.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

About three years ago; My online order with C & B did not arrive. I called customer service (spoke with Stephanie). She said I got the order, but would trace. Nothing happened. I called back, got another associate who said USP heard broken glass & returned the package to C & B, and that Stephanie had done nothing. A replacement was sent. I wrote a letter to the company (in Europe) and got no response at all. That means management either is indifferent to such incompetence or condones it. The only time I shop C & B is if I absolute cannot find it anywhere else and really want it, which is quite rare.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

C&B required 50^ payment for 2 chairs =2000.00. This amount was paid. Rep said chairs would be done and delivered in 8 weeks. AFTER payment was made, she said it would take 12-14 weeks. Normally 12 weeks. Placed order in early September. It is 4 months later and C&B has NEVER called/contacted us to discuss any type of delay. Visited local store this evening and was told by manager that the order would done in February sometime. Got the song and dance about her calling her corp office to share our concerns, etc.

C&B has taken $2000.00, 50% of the payment, ignored any type of communication to the consumer. The consumer was FORCED to go to the store to get an update and all the employees just stood there looking dumbfounded as to why a consumer might possibly be upset that they took $2000.00, stated a delivery date of 11/15 to 12/9, and they are already behind, going be another 2 and half months, February 9+ 2018, maybe before the chairs are done. Do you a spare 2 thousand dollars laying around for Crate and Barrel to use??? Crate and Barrel took 2000.00. Produced no goods or communication to show for it. My guests will have NO CHAIRS to sit on at Christmas AND it will take another 60 plus ys to get my chairs! But they will want their money as though they did nothing wrong. Such BS. Never do business with Crate & Barrel.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crate and Barrel?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Extremely disappointed with C&B with this purchase! We purchased the Ainsworth TV stand about a week ago with both gift card & credit card for over $1200.00. Received the stand yesterday from delivery company, the box had no visible damage, however, after removing stand from box, the stand/cabinet had multiple damaged areas to it. The walnut top has 2 corners dented, the entire back panel was loose and not secured to the wood, front bottom door was not jointed, doors are not aligned, screws were not secured to wood (laying in cardboard box), cabinet is loose - completely wobbles when pushed on one side and glue on upper right corner.

Took pictures of this immediately and called C & B customer service. The woman that I talked with first was apologetic and had no issue with crediting the amount back. Unfortunately, since I used a gift card for $888.27 & $330.00 on my cc, this is how they will refund the amount. I complained & asked to speak to her supervisor (Lisa, manager). I explained the issue with the cabinet and want a refund. No problem, except you will receive the credit on gift card & cc as you purchased item. I’m now waiting to speak with her boss to receive either a check or cc refund of the entire charge!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Couple registered with Crate and Barrel for their wedding. Ordered several items off registry for shower in the summer; had difficulty getting some of the items, as they seemed to sit packaged in the warehouse waiting for someone to load them on the truck. But gave C&B the benefit of the doubt, because that is what the couple wanted. Ordered wedding present from C&B online; delivery was scheduled and cancelled and scheduled and cancelled several times; item finally showed up the day BEFORE the most last reschedule. Aaargh.

Now, having the SAME ISSUE with an order off the same registry-- it's sitting in the warehouse ready to ship, but no-one seems to be able to actually place it on a truck. Customer service keeps telling me that I'll have it today; today comes and goes, call/chat back, "Oops. It says it has shipped but you're right, there is no shipping/tracking info, so that means that it is still in the warehouse." Customer service has been nice enough, but they can't do anything about the deplorable state of the warehouse staff. Even corporate customer service hasn't been able to move them to lift that package (which shouldn't be that heavy) onto a truck. Next time, I'll find something similar somewhere else. (And advising everyone to NOT REGISTER at Crate and Barrel!)

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Purchase a couch and an ottoman August 2017 waiting patiently for delivery November 2017. Lost our ottoman, damaged delivery. Customer service at the Costa Mesa store had different stories on where the ottoman went. First it was lost, then they found it, then it was all of a sudden going to delivery. Upon delivery the ottoman was damaged (always inspect your delivery). Customer services wanted us to retain the ottoman that was damaged. Not sure why they would want their customer to retain damaged products. Very disappointed, and unsatisfied with Customer Service.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

We purchased an Aidan leather sofa from C&B three years ago for $4255 expecting a quality product. What we got was far from quality. First, the leather color was nowhere near the swatch we picked at the store but we accepted that. Now, with 3 years of very light use the leather has stretched out because the foam in the cushions and arms compressed. It feels now like you are sitting in a bucket and the arms have lost their shape. We called the Salt Lake City store where we purchased the sofa. We also sent them pictures and detailed the problem. They said they would contact the vendor and share our concerns to see if anything could be done. C&B just contacted us and we were told that the vendor said this is "normal" wear and it is not a problem.

We have purchased many sofas in our lives and we've never had a sofa where the cushions collapsed. Our continued complaint was met with basically "your problem not ours". Clearly in this situation C&B does not stand behind their product. We will never do business this them again and will urge everyone we know and hopefully everyone who reads this review to think very carefully before purchasing furniture from them as the quality of their products could be questionable.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

They initiate and confirm delivery when the item has not yet left the warehouse and then cancel the day of the delivery, while you are sitting at home waiting. They actually explain that they schedule and confirm deliveries based on estimates so that item doesn't sit in their warehouse. Got little more than an "Ooops" when I complained that I had taken a vacation day and had old furniture removed based on their confirmation of the delivery window.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

We bought a bathroom vanity from Crate & Barrel. It didn't go through the bathroom door so we had to shave the door frame to get it inside. Our copper pipes for water connection are on the wall but this was made for floor connection. So we had to modify the inside to be able to connect it. A month later a crack appeared. Crate & Barrel contacted the vendor (they seem to think that they are not responsible) and the vendor claimed that since we put handles the guarantee was void. The handles were put because it is impossible to open the doors of the vanity without them. It is not made for US market. The crack has nothing to do with the handles. They sold us a $1300 junk. It is compressed cardboard with vinyl covering. We also bought a bed from them which came 2 inches too long. Do not patronize this company...

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Unless this company completely revamps their delivery service they will go out of business. These are the days of Amazon, where you don't have to wait 6 weeks, then wait another 2 weeks once it's in the warehouse to get a delivery day, then not be able to schedule a time slot, then have the time slot not work for you and have to wait another two weeks for a new delivery day. It has been over 2 months and now the new time slot again doesn't work for me. Rather than wait two more weeks I now have to pay someone to be at my house. This is absurd. No other company operates like this. I hope they go out of business. I will NEVER buy anything from this company again.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

When I ordered the item online, it stated it was IN STOCK and ready for delivery to my area. On the very DAY of the scheduled delivery (only one hour before, in fact) I get a voicemail that states "The warehouse did not let us know the sofa did not come in time for the delivery." This is also after I got a confirmation phone call of my delivery two days before. What kind of service is this? Horrible!!

Original review: June 10, 2017

I received a gift for Mother's Day. It was a small kitchen appliance. Because the item has too many little pieces, which was unpractical for me, my husband and I decided to return it the next business day (the gift was purchased on Friday afternoon and we wanted to return it on Monday that's two days later). Cherry Hill NJ Crate & Barrel Store refused to accept the return without a reason. Be aware that unlike many other stores that carry exactly the same items, this chain refuses returns based on the excuse that the item is used.

In our case, we didn't even have time to try it, yet they used the same excuse. I called the customer service multiple times, chatted online. I found their customer service very unprofessional as well. They are not serious and don't value the customer. They sent us to the store after writing to the CEO for store credit. The store refused to give the credit despite the case number the CEO has given. I will never shop from Crate & Barrel because of their unreasonable customer service. Every step of the customer service irritates you so that you give up on your rights. Very cheap attitude behind its upper scale and deceiving look. Please be aware customers!

Original review: May 17, 2017

I have strolled around the furniture floor at Walnut Creek and rarely see anyone on the second floor to assist me or to ask if I need assistance. It is a stark contrast to the bottom floor, as they are always very helpful and greet you with a smile. That said, I found two employees talking in a huddle and approached them for assistance. It felt as though I encroached on their very important discussion. I was informed the item I wanted was located at the warehouse and it would be delivered to the store for a Tuesday pick up.

By Tuesday late afternoon, I called to find out what the status was. I was informed that I misunderstood and deliveries are never received on Tuesday and I just need to wait for them to call me and no specific day on when that would happen. Seriously? How about..."We are terribly sorry you were given a specific date. Let me call the warehouse and find out when they plan to deliver it. I will follow up with you in 24 hours". This is my last purchase at this store.

Original review: April 9, 2017

Purchased Axis ll Queen Sleeper Lounger in custom color. Salesperson was knowledgeable and patient in helping me choose custom fabric and color. Went downhill from there. Customer support was abrasive, incompetent and frustrating, causing much wasted time and a negative overall experience. Got a text listing a number to call and schedule delivery. After being on hold for a while was told I had to call the store instead as the purchase was not made online. Perhaps the text should have listed the store number? Store person who picked up the call was rude and dismissive, insurance documentation follow-up was time-consuming and required multiple emails and calls. When I received a call and email from the delivery company, they were equally rude and incompetent.

Though I told salesperson, and everyone else I spoke to after that delivery had to happen between certain hours per my building requirements, they scheduled and showed up whenever they felt like it. Driver whined and complained about everything, elevator wasn't big enough, light fixtures in the hallway was an issue. My sofa cushions were thrown in the building hallway on a dirty furniture blanket. There are over 800 luxury apartments in my building. How is it that their furniture fits in their apartments and my movers did not have one ounce of issues with bigger furniture? Guessing they were fishing for a sympathy tip or trying to justify their delayed delivery time for the day.

Sofa is okay, not worth the $3,600 spent. Love the color and fabric and while I expected firm, I ended up with cushions that feel like one is sitting on a board as there's a bed underneath which was not the case when I tried it at the store. Sigh, never will I ever purchase any furniture from Crate and Barrel ever again. They put on a facade of providing quality furniture and service when in fact they're a very low quality provider. At the end of the day it's just a piece of furniture so it's not worth the aggravation and frustration. Crate and Barrel's CEO and Management should be fired.

Original review: March 23, 2017

We went to Crate & Barrel in 2014 and purchased a sectional sofa, leather chair & ottoman, side chair, media cabinet, dining table, & six upholstered chairs. Yup, it was a lot...we'd never bought furnishings all at once like that. Mostly we got the choices we wanted except for the dining chairs. I wanted a bench seat and had planned for a built-in banquette for the other side. They had the bench I liked on display. But foolishly we allowed ourselves to fall for the hard-sell of oversized upholstered (i.e. very expensive) high backed chairs. Yes they were beautiful and comfy but totally not practical with kids and cats!!!!! My mistake. I own that.

Then there were numerous failings with items in that purchase upon the initial delivery: the media cabinet was warped on top, the side chair had an iron support spearing out the back that gouged my wall, the leather chair and ottoman were mismatched dye lots, the sectional had a cushion that was mis-sewn, spewing feathers, and the second leather chair had a scrape in it that looked like it had been made with a careless box-cutter - at least I knew enough to refuse delivery on the obvious flaws and the others were eventually replaced. So we took that as a good sign, but should have realized that all those flaws and being oversold those chairs was actually just the opposite.

We went back to Crate & Barrel to turn what was a mother-in-law suite into a media room for our teenage boys now that their grandmother had passed. It's not a huge room and we made that explicitly clear upon arrival in the store that we needed an apartment size sofa. I had the room measurements with us and all of the sofas were too long. A saleswoman showed us one that was up against a wall and at 88" would just fit. We sat on it and felt that it wasn't extra deep and looked at other possibilities including the area rug it was sitting on. It took a long time to get a salesperson who was able to arrange the sale and we again went over our needs and the issues with the odd size & shape of the room and the need for small scale furniture. We ordered the sofa and were disappointed to learn of the 3 month delivery wait.

Three and a half weeks later we had painted and prepared the room and were pacing out the new furniture when I looked up the sofa online for the exact dimensions. I could not believe that this supposedly small sofa was 43" deep and called the salesman. His immediate response was, "Well yes, it's an oversized piece." I was dumbfounded. How did we come in for an apartment size sofa and wind up ordering an oversized piece? We had sat on it, it was not extra deep. "No, the extra space is behind the cushion in the frame." he said. But, it was up against the wall, we wouldn't have seen that. We had reviewed over and over the room dimensions with them, (it's an L shape) how did they think this was what we were looking for? There was no way this sofa will fit in that room with anything else.

The salesman said he would see what his manager would do. Then the runaround began. All the manager did was reiterate their policy that we were responsible for 50% of the $3700 cost of the sofa. I searched and searched their products online and eventually found they actually did sell an apartment size 'Davis' sofa that was only 78" long and 36" deep which would have been the perfect item for us in the first place. I told them we would be fine with swapping for the smaller sofa and then applying the additional monies to something else, so not expecting a refund or reimbursement.

Plus it means we would have to start the 12 week clock all over again but at least we would wind up with something we could use. I reminded them how we stood by them after six of the items we purchased were damaged or flawed and still came back to their store. If that doesn't define a good customer what does? The manager said she had to talk to her boss, because our sofa was almost ready to deliver! I was surprised since it isn't due until mid-May but no, she insisted it's nearly complete and we are obligated to purchase it or lose 50% of the cost.

After three consults with the boss, the manager offered to reduced our commitment to 30% of the price or $1,110 which she thought was a huge concession... despite the fact that they will turn around and resell that $3700 sofa and keep $1110 of our money too. Needless to say we can't afford to donate $1110 to Crate & Barrel and will have to go through with the purchase of the sofa. I called today to find out when it will be delivered since she had said it was almost ready. The girl looked it up on the computer and said it is still scheduled for mid-May delivery!! They lie. They cheat. They tried to steal. Shop elsewhere. There are too many furniture stores with excellent Customer Service to give C&B a dime.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

Table cloths - After paying over $100 for this paper thin cloth I washed it. It is a wrinkled hot mess. It's practically see through and wrinkled to the point that even ironing doesn't get the wrinkles out. Do not waste your money. Since I washed it they won't accept it for return. Do yourself a favor, avoid this place.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

I went online to buy some bar stools that I saw in a restaurant & really liked the look of. After getting them in my house, I see that they are totally "school house" looking. After paying $60 for shipping and handling, on a $417 purchase I feel like there should be SOME type of return policy that would make me (THE CUSTOMER) happy in order to keep me as such. NOPE, they want me to pay for return shipping at the same/additional $60. So, I am spending $120 on an item that I was not happy with which seems completely like a ripoff. Though I do understand the concept of making money, I'm going to cost them much more than the $120 I'm wasting just in negative reviews online, maybe they don't understand the concept of "word of mouth" in the 21st century. Don't do business with these people.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

Scheduled delivery and nobody didn't show up. I was at home. For schedule next delivery they want you to pay. Calling them is nightmare. Nobody knows anything, they will switch you between departments just for fun. Scam, scam, scam.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

I had ordered a sofa from Crate and Barrel in August during their upholstery sale. What a mistake!! The salesperson told me that it would take 8 weeks to get the sofa. I had bought it for my daughter because she was in a house going to school and had nothing to sit on so I thought we can wait 8 weeks. At 10 weeks I have not heard from anyone I reached out and contacted the store at Southpoint. I was told that we were quoted 10-14 weeks and that was just an estimate. It could take longer. If I had been told that I would had never purchased the sofa. She said because it was a sale it could take longer. I made a mistake and paid in full and they wanted 50 percent of what I paid if I cancelled it. That is over $1000.00!!! Are they crazy? Never heard of $1000.00 restocking fee for something that has not been made yet!!! Spoke with manager and store manager and they could not had cared any less. Will never purchase from that store again!!!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2016

I ordered considerably high amount (within company limits) gift card as a wedding gift for my friend. I received an email on the wedding day that Crate and Barrel could not processed the order. Email recommended that for I should contact customer service. When I contacted the customer service, they could not tell me why the order was not processed. When I asked them to reprocess it since this is a time-dependent gift, they said they cannot do so. When I asked them explanation, the exact reply was: "If you really want this gift card that bad, then go to our store and buy it".

Why would I ever deal with a company like this? Why would I ever risk to deal with their customer service? Why would I ever have my friends and loved ones to provide business to a company like this?? Things go wrong in everyday life, but we are all try to fix our mistakes along the way. Even when you cannot do anything, you apologize and say that you are sorry. Do NOT patronize this business. I do not want anyone to have the same experience and get into embarrassing situations because of incompetency of this company and their employees.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2016

I ordered a chair from C&B and decided to pick it up myself at the distribution center which is an hour away because delivery cost $99. I received an email that the chair was ready for pick up. The day before I emailed C&B when I would be down to pick it up. The morning before I left to get it, I called the distribution center to schedule a time for pick up and they said come down anytime. Drove down there and the item was not there and it had never even been ordered (I had ordered it online). The warehouse said that perhaps they would give me free delivery, but it was up to the store. The store called and said that I had to pay for delivery, but what they would do is give me a gift card for the cost of the $99 delivery.

I don't want anything from C&B. This was their mistake and they should cover the cost of it. Bad customer service. Previously I had ordered another piece of furniture and paid for the $99 delivery. I had to agree to the delivery time 3 days in advance even though they couldn't tell me what that time would be. If I had to change it because I wasn't available, they would charge me an additional $39. I will never shop there again.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

Very disappointed with this company. I bought a sectional last month in June and the salesperson sent me an email saying there might be a price increase and to buy soon. I was in love with the sectional so I purchased it. I received it a month later. A month after receiving it there was an email stating that there was an upholstery sale. I called them up to see if I could get the difference from the sale. They refused and said I didn't qualify. I spent a lot of money on this couch (more money than I should have). Not impressed with the customer service or the return policy. If it didn't cost me an arm and a leg to return it ($129.00 shipping fee and a 25% restocking fee), I would have returned it on principle alone. Once you buy, they have you wrapped around their finger. Buyer beware!!! For an upscale company like Crate and Barrel, I expected more. I'm never shopping there again!

Resolution response: July 30, 2016

This complaint has been resolved. Crate & Barrel contacted us and the salesperson (Chris) is very nice and professional. He made us feel that Crate & Barrel does CARE about their customers, no matter you buy full price or discounted price furniture. We will continue to buy furniture from Crate & Barrel.

Original review: July 28, 2016

We ordered a discount dresser from Crate & Barrel King of Prussia store. It was a final sale. Two days later, the site manager simply "informed" us the piece of furniture was broken by their mover. There is nothing they can do about it. Since it is a floor sample, all they can do is to "cancel" the order, and let us order a brand new one (which is two times more expensive). I understood this might be the reasonable solution. But, the way that manager talked really pissed me off. Her attitude was like "Don't you know about human error?" So what? NO sincere apology at all. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. She even implied that "if you are pissed off, then don't ever buy from Crate & Barrel anymore." What kind of retailer professional is like that??

Original review: July 27, 2016

This review was for one of the sofa from CB. Very soft cushions and great fabric. However, it wasn't so comfortable "sitting down" on it as there was lack of upper back and neck support. It was pretty comfortable for couple hours "lying down" on it. I only used it for about a week with my friend, but cushions were getting too soft in couple areas already showing some wrinkles and wear already unless I shake them vigorously. I was sure that this sofa wouldn't be so "presentable" after using for about a year, so I wanted to return it as I don't want to spend this much for a sofa that will just last an year. I thought return pick up is included in the delivery fee, as there was no information regarding a return pick up cost anywhere on the returns/exchange policy. Well, there is a $99 return pick up fee. In addition, there could be a restocking fee that starts at 25% of the cost of the sofa.

If the sofa is not in a good condition after using it for a week, then it's customer's fault? All I did was use the sofa with my friend watching a TV for one week! I called them twice regarding this issue, but both times, agents said a furniture specialist will give me a callback. It's been couple days, they haven't called me or left me a voice message. At the end, I didn't want to even call them again, as the waiting time is more than an hour, and they won't call you back. I emailed them too, no reply yet. It's been couple days. Anyway, at the end, I gave up on trying to reach them about this issue and decided to never deal with Crate and Barrel related companies for good for obvious customer service issues. I tried to post this review, but CB denied it by saying "Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines." I'm done.

Original review: July 21, 2016

We had a lovely experience in store and decided to go way over our budget and purchase a couch from Crate and Barrel ($3600). We figured for this price we would get treated well and get a good product - in the end what a nightmare. We set up delivery 2-3 weeks after purchase. Not bad. The lazy driver shows up with a child and refuses to unload the couch. Tells us it's heavy and needs more people. The store calls me and says that the warehouse told them the couch wouldn't fit.

After going back and forth and not getting straight answers our couch isn't delivered and they tell us we will be charged additional delivery fees for more men to come back. We complain about this and have to wait another 2 weeks for a rescheduling. 4 men eventually show up, but only 2 move the couch and they showed up with 2 more children in tow!!! The couch wouldn't fit upstairs and it all went back onto the truck. The store calls, issues a refund but charges us $290!!! I feel sick to my stomach. I would never ever recommend this store to anyone. They will rip you off and cause you major heartache. I want my money back, not a gift card to lose more money to this store. They have been inconsistent, not straightforward and caused us too much grief and stress.

Original review: July 21, 2016

Deer Park store committed to 7/19 delivery of item. Drove 130 miles roundtrip 7/21 to learn purchase not yet shipped. Sales rep queried manager to substitute display model. Store manager denied request citing preference to maintain site display vs. resolving C&B shortcomings. Big miss on fulfilling delivery commitment and opportunity to correct service failure. No offer to discount for unnecessary transportation cost. Cancelled order.

Original review: July 18, 2016

Purchased a sofa in a custom color, was told it would take 10-11 weeks until the item would be ready for delivery. In reality it took more than 15 weeks. When they informed me that the date had been pushed back, they gave no explanation. I had to email them back and ask why it was being delayed. They did not provide a discount or other compensation. In all honesty, if custom items weren't non-refundable, I probably would have cancelled my order at that point.

When the item was ready for delivery I selected a delivery date and they said I would get a call 2 days in advance with the time window. They also said that if I needed to reschedule, I had to do so at least 3 days in advance to avoid a rescheduling fee of $39 or so. There were no issues with the delivery time but I have to say that it is absolutely ridiculous to expect me to cancel/reschedule prior to knowing the time of delivery. To me this is just another indication of their poor service. As for the delivery itself, their movers broke a light fixture in my living room while carrying the item in. We'll see how getting that part resolved pans out; I am sort of dreading the process already. I'm certainly not going to purchase furniture (or anything else) from C&B again. Lesson learned.

Original review: July 8, 2016

Simply was trying to have a part replaced for a planter that's finish was incredibly non durable and scraped off with the slightest abrasion. It took weeks to get replies and kept getting runaround they would help resolve. Send pictures here, send pictures there, and I did. Finally I had to give up because it should not take over month and 1/2 to still be waiting for replies and how this might get resolved. I cannot understand how a company like this can think they can get by with such poor lack of service.

Crate and Barrel Company Information