Crate and Barrel

• 3%
  • 3%
  • 79%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crate and Barrel?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crate and Barrel?
    Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 10, 2024

Terrible service. Sales went easy and sales representative was perfect. After this nothing went right. ETA not respect. Items available became backorder. Items arrived damaged and 2 1/2 months after the ETA item has not been fixed. Communication is terrible. Deliver schedule system does not work, emails, text and phone messages have different information.

Reviewed May 17, 2024

I have ordered at C&B for the first time and was so disappointed! My order of high-end flatware came with the correct packing list, but contained a completely different product - cheap plates and bowls, not even close to what I ordered. I can't believe the person who packed it has not reconciled the packing list with the items in the box! Returned this box and will never use C&B again.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Sales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed April 29, 2024

Crate and Barrel has a misleading Price Match policy where fine print and slick semantics mean more to them than customer satisfaction. I drove 40 miles to the South Park location to redeem an online promotional code from a Crate and Barrel competitor offering a 20% discount on a Coffee Maker. When I arrived at CB the staff associate found the Coffee Maker in stock and brought it out for me to purchase but management would not approve the sale because the price match was from an online promotional code. There is nothing I repeat “nothing” on the CB website specific to the Price Match policy that states in plain language they exclude online promo codes. However the manager tried to point to a phrase in the exclusion language that had nothing to do with the Make Good policy. That’s when I knew that at the South Park location winning a debate with the customer is more important than Customer Satisfaction.

Crate and Barrel — why would you exclude online promo codes in a society where 2.64 billion online buyers shop everyday? When I asked for clarity all they would say is that “I didn’t write the policy” and “you can go to Sur La Table” if you want to purchase the item. Does the Crate Barrel corporate office know that your employees are telling customers to take their business to the competition? If you are reading this review and experienced a contrasting interpretation of the CB Price Match policy I would love to chat with you to see if anything related to my experience wasn’t anything more than selective interpretation of a poorly written policy. Until CB makes the policy more clear I would encourage you to not do business with this location or with CB altogether.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed April 5, 2024

I've had 2 of my kids register for weddings here and we have had terrible delivery issues. Nothing is ever on time even paying extra shipping. They have non speaking english people who don't care to help and you can't understand them. Your gifts won't make it on time nor even for a Christmas gift. We've spent so much money with them and will never ever, ever spend a single dime. THIS COMPANY IS OVER RATED. OVER PRICED AND DOES NOT CARE. They offered me my money back on the expedited delivery but what does that help????

Customer Service

Reviewed March 6, 2024

I have had nothing but the run around trying to pick up an item that I ordered several weeks ago. I was told it was on backorder and I had to pay a portion up front--happy to do this, so I did. Received a notification that the item was available for pick up at Riverstone Solutions in Raleigh. Drove 2 hours to the warehouse only to be told they did not have it. Warehouse then sent another message saying it was now ready for pick up. Their hours are M-S 7am-2 pm. The following Saturday the warehouse was closed for inventory and they would be sending the order back if not picked up by the following Wednesday. I work, like most people who order your overpriced furniture. I have placed several calls to your customer service and the warehouse and have been reassured this would be resolved and I would get a call back-never got a call, had to continue to call your customer service.

I requested delivery free of charge as I drove a total of 4 hours, not to mention gas and mileage without receiving my order, this request was denied. I requested to speak to a manager, this request was not responded to. I requested a price adjustment or partial credit. I never received a response. This is absolutely unacceptable. I have never received such poor service from a company. I wish I would have read the reviews prior to doing business with Crate and Barrel. Most of them are 1 star and many had the same issues I am having. I would think that these issues would have been addressed with the amount of customers who have expressed dissatisfaction.

Furthermore, I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO WAIT SEVERAL WEEKS FOR A REFUND FOR AN ITEM THAT I PAID FOR SEVERAL WEEKS BEFORE AND THAT I AM STILL UNABLE TO PICK UP BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF COORDINATION, POOR COMMUNICATION AND LACK OF COMPETENT CUSTOMER SERVICE. I will never shop with you again, I will report this to the Better Business Bureau and add to the poor ratings you already have. I sincerely hope your service changes because I would hate for another customer to have this same experience.

Customer Service

Reviewed Feb. 21, 2024

Their e-comm platform is outdated and full of problems. First issue was after the order was placed and confirmed, part of the pendant lights we purchased was shown as backordered for 4 months - information they should've shared before the order was processed. We still went ahead to schedule the warehouse pickup. However, our confirmed pickup date/time was cancelled without notice and we only found out when we received a msg asking us to call customer service to complete the order.

Customer service was unable to help schedule a pickup date within the month, but said they can comp half of the shipping charge. No biggie, shipping was only $90 for the 2 pendant lights when I first ordered so I agreed. However, customer service now says he's seeing a $385 shipping charge and they can only comp half of that. We ordered two small pendant lights, there's no way it would cost $385 to ship them and have them arrive in 3 weeks! Never shopping with Crate and Barrel again, it's obvious their e-comm platform needs a lot of work to keep up with the times.

Profile pic of the author.
      Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Feb. 3, 2024

I ordered the Strut table from C&B. I was approved for 6 month financing right away. I was able to set up automatic payments that will let me payoff the table in the 6 month timeframe without incurring interest. After completing my purchase, I chose my delivery date—this was very nice because I could plan it on my schedule rather than on someone else’s schedule. The day before, I received my delivery window and it was delivered within the window. The delivery guys were courteous and set up the table where I wanted it. Since then, I have been enjoying my beautiful table. What I like about the Strut table is that I can change it from a dining table to a work table easily. After my very negative experience with West Elm, it was such a relief to find a company that appears to value an enhanced customer experience.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2024

Was gifted an item. I had to return. Using the gift receipt I was unable to return the item since it wasn't associated with the order or purchase. First issue. I then had to spend hours on the phone with them to get an RMA to return. I did so and had to pay for this. It was returned and tracked but took 3 weeks to be acknowledged post return and all contact with C&B yielded contradictory next steps and false timelines. Possibly the worst and most disorganized customer experience I've had. Price points here are a premium but the customer service is poor and beyond aggravating.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Jan. 9, 2024

I purchased a sectional sofa on 10/14/23. When it arrived there was a large gap between the sofa cushion and the chase cushion (about 3 1/2 inches). Most things sitting next to me on the sofa fall into the crack and down to the floor. I called the store I purchased from within a week; they sent out a replacement piece that did not fix the problem.

I then sent them a picture of the gap with a tennis ball and round Bluetooth speaker lodged between the cushions and a tape measure laying across the top to show the width of the gap. I believed that was enough to simply replace the sofa based on their claim of standing behind the quality of their products and wanting every purchase to be a positive experience. This has not been a positive experience. There have been gaps in responses on both sides since then but now a C&B rep is trying to say returns and exchanges are usually only offered within 30 days, as if I didn't make my initial complaint within a week of purchasing the sofa. I made my purchase at the Crate & Barrel Avalon store in Alpharetta, Georgia. I'm extremely disappointed and would suggest you be very careful when purchasing from Crate and Barrel. I will upload pictures if that option presents itself.

Verified purchase
      Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Jan. 5, 2024

Ordered C&B Folio Side Chairs and matching bench and at the time was reassured by store and C&B Gaurantee that the furniture quality will hold up and if anything happens during the lifespan of the items I would be taken cared of. Fast forward and several years later the 'leather' material began to peel and over a course of few more years has gotten to a point where it is terrible, and questionable if it is even real leather. Contacted C&B and their Customer Service DOES NOT stand behind their products even though I was reassured this at time of sale and it is even state on their website. They would not even do anything for me. Will never buy any C&B furniture or branded products from them again. Buyer's Beware of Crate & Barrel.

Crate and Barrel Company Information