3.9/5 (385 ratings)

About Crate and Barrel

Crate and Barrel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crate and Barrel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crate and Barrel?

Original review: March 30, 2022

I love the Marin dinner sage and Marin painted slider plates, and the 3-ring wood napkin ring I just purchased from Crate & Barrel. It's perfect for Spring and Summer when I do entertain. Crate & Barrel is my favorite place to shop from furniture to dinnerware, candles and more! I have been a loyal customer for many years. I would total recommend this place 110%. I am always pleased with all my purchases from Crate & Barrel.

Original review: March 23, 2022

If you really don't want to receive your furniture in a timely manner and want to take the time to constantly reach out to Crate and Barrel customer service like it's a full time job, by all means purchase your furniture from here. Oh and if you want to get your stuff delivered, you might have to mention you want all of the pieces of the furniture at once.

Where to begin: I purchased a sectional and a rug from here in early July and was told an ETA delivery time of mid Nov. Then later I added an in stock table to my order and asked if they were able to deliver the in stock items to me and waive the delivery fee, and they said they could. How nice of them (they still charged me). Not only that, the first delivery attempt was for the rug and table in Mid December 2021 and only the rug showed up! I had to call Crate and Barrel and ask them what happened. Apparently the table didn't arrive to the warehouse in time from California (sadly it's still on its way according to them. It's 3/23/2022 as I'm writing this). I could have walked my table to here by now.

They told me to reschedule my delivery for the next available date, 3 weeks out in early January 2022, so I did! Turns out, the table still failed to arrive to the Seattle warehouse so delivery attempt # 2 failed. Once again, they said to schedule it out for the next possible date, another 3 weeks out (Late January 2022). Fortunately for me, my couch became available to book for delivery with the table for late January 2022, so I booked it too! When the delivery date came, I received 2/3 pieces of my couch and NO TABLE. I once again reached out to Crate and Barrel, and they said it didn't get to the warehouse, oh and the warehouse marked ALL the pieces of my couch delivered. Because of that, Crate and Barrel had to "return" my missing couch piece and reorder it, which booted me to the back of the line, for THEIR mistake.

The "estimated availability" date for my couch is showing up as Mid May (keep in mind this has been a rolling estimate date for months). Well, since all the items in my order was once available, I have gone from paying for a deposit to the full order amount, without receiving any full furniture pieces (except the rug). Well, at least I can get my Table scheduled for delivery AGAIN this time for early February (no 3 week wait, someone smart must have cancelled their order). Well, the delivery date rolls around and not to my surprise, its not available still. How funny, if you've lost count this is the fourth failed delivery attempt. I guess I'll call them again and get it scheduled again.

The next available date was 3 weeks out for early March 2022 and add it to the failed tally. So they scheduled me for another 3 weeks out, which brings me to this Friday 3/25 I ended up already rescheduling this delivery because they were planning on delivering only the base of the table. My current folding table is more useful than that. So now I've scheduled it for another 23 days out with the hopes that maybe, just maybe Crate and Barrel can deliver for once. If you've made it this far, thank you and I hope you've learned from my mistakes. I should also add, they try to charge me for these failed deliveries too, it's so sad. They also promise discounts on top of existing discounts, but don't actually do it. MAKE SURE YOU ASK FOR A DETAILED INVOICE. So here I am 7k+ in the hole for parts of a couch and no table.

TLDR: I placed my order July 2021 and my stuff still isn't here. They've delivered parts of full furniture items and not even the full item. The logistics at this company is absolute trash, and I'm on delivery attempt number 7 and actual delivery attempts, like the warehouse calls me to confirm and everything. It's all just really sad.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 14, 2022

I wish I had read these other reviews prior to my 5k+ order. Trying to get my sectional delivered has been an absolute nightmare! Worst customer service. This was my first purchase with Crate and Barrel and I was excited as I thought they were a reputable brand. It is truly like doing business with a sketch company from China. At this point I doubt I get my couch- it’s been 4 months since I’ve ordered and no answers as to when it is coming. Biggest regret ever!

Original review: March 5, 2022

Good Afternoon Crate and Barrel. I am writing this E-Mail to express my utter disappointment and regret regarding my Crate and Barrel sofa Order # - **. As this Email and those corresponding with it indicate, an part of a sectional sofa was erroneously delivered to my residence. Numerous inquiries by phone and Email were made however no explanation or admission of any findings were communicated to me. I was instructed to provide photos of order tags that were inside the incorrect couch to assist in this matter yet again, I’ve gotten no response.

I also received an additional E-mail requesting I take pictures of the packing labels to help one of the managers at the vendor stating “that if they see that they were labeled incorrectly by the vendor, they may be able to expedite the production” and that “They are still in the process of seeing if they can locate the correct sofa if in fact it was created and sent there.” These packing labels were taken away by the delivery team. I do not have them. Surely Crate and Barrel must have some documentation on file showing the packing labels. I cannot understand why the burden is placed on myself to provide documentation that should readily be on file? Surely some more information must have been gathered at this point and could have been communicated?

Once again, I have not gotten a response to that query. At this time it is my understanding that a new order had been placed (without my consent) with a new delivery date of August of 2022. That is approximately one year to the original order date of September of 2021. This is unequivocally unacceptable. In addition it does not resolve the question of the whereabouts of the original order. It is troubling that quality assurance and control measures were seemingly not in effect with this order. Although compensation has been mentioned, it has been vague and noncommittal and offered only after the delivery of the new couch has been made. This matter has already cost me the unexpected loss of time off from work and wages, plus precious time involved in email and telephone exchanges with various customer service representatives.

It has also taken away my confidence and trust in the integrity of the Crate and Barrel brand. This entire experience has failed to meet my expectations as promise by the company. At this time I am asking for an immediate full and complete refund on this order. I have already paid in full and I expect reimbursement for failure to live up to your end of the contract. I will be contacting the Crate and Barrel offices as well with regard to this matter. Robert **.

Resolution response: March 9, 2022

I found out today the 3rd party vendor delivery company, Ceva, lost our bed. This vendor is awful and I would never do business with this delivery company again. I did request a full refund and Crate & Barrel did well on getting the refund from the 3rd party vendor reimbursed the same day. The experience with Ceva was plain awful. Do not recommend that delivery service. Thank you Crate & Barrel for expediting the refund.

Original review: March 3, 2022

I ordered a bed frame from Crate & Barrel a few weeks ago. I was called to set up a delivery for 3/1/22 from 12:00-6:00. I waited 6 hours and nobody ever arrived. I contacted Customer Service at Crate & Barrel. I was advised because the vendor was delivering through a 3rd party they did not have much control over the delay. I requested the contact information for the vendor because the phone number I had for the vendor went to a recorded line. Crate & Barrel tell me they have limited information and will try to check into for me. I receive a call back stating I need to wait an additional 72 hours to find out the cause of the delay. I asked detailed questions as to what contributed to the delay, why was I not contacted there would not be a delay, and requested the 3rd party vendor information again so I could talk to them directly. I was only told I need to wait 72 hours and if I do not hear anything, then follow up with Crate & Barrel on Monday.

Nobody wanted to provide with a reason for the delay. I searched for a contact number for the 3rd party vendor myself, spoke with them, and found out there was a weather delay. I inquired why wasn't I notified of this. The customer should be notified and not have to do all of the guesswork. The vendor said it was due to their computer systems and other orders being backed up. I have a tracking number and still have to wait until Monday to see if things get moving to reschedule another delivery. The vendor said Crate & Barrel should have provided me their contact information. Crate & Barrel blamed the 3rd party vendor. All in all this has been a very bad experience. At this point, I just want my bed to arrive. Whether or not, I will every buy from Crate & Barrel remains to be seen. They have not lived up to solving this issue and should have available contact information for 3rd party vendors.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

I apparently lost the check they sent me for a return, approx $400. I emailed corporate office and was told I needed to go to actual store. I called KOP store and spoke to Tiffany. She was excellent. She reviewed the process with me. She then called me and stated she was not able to reach the right person but she would try again the following week (this was a Friday); she called the following week to state she did reach correct dept and she wasn't sure how long to get an answer but would keep me updated. She then called a couple days later to state they found that the check was never cashed and would issue me another. Keeping in mind that I expected to get another check sent, what was wonderful was the customer service I received from Tiffany. Pleasant, Professional, excellent follow up. They should do something for this employee. They will have my business for life!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

One of the small bowls arrived with a small scratch. Contacted customer service to ask for one replacement bowl. Instead they want the whole set shipped back so here I am due any day running around looking for tape and trying to get my printer working or I can spend my afternoon going to the FedEx store. The discount they offer for the inconvenience? Absolutely nothing.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

I paid cash for a product which was not used and returned in an unopened box 2 weeks later with the receipt. Since I paid cash, the store only gave me $100 of the $218.70 back and promised to mail the rest or I could get store credit. They claimed having no money. With mail fraud on the rise I asked the associate to ask the manager to override the policy one time as I also made a special trip to the store to return the item. The manager refused and didn't bother to speak to me. The associate held up 2 $50's and 1 $100 bill and said how would you like your $100 back? It was there they just wouldn't give it to me. They were closing for the night (another associate locking the doors) so the funds weren't needed for other customers. It's amazing to me that a company could hold a person's funds hostage like that especially when they paid cash. Last time I patronage this store.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

I ordered 10k in furniture in May 2021. My custom order couch was ready as well as all my other furniture in November. I scheduled my entire order for delivery in January. I go to check on my delivery to make sure it is still scheduled and I find out that my custom couch is no longer being delivered. I called the company. They tell me that earlier in December, it got water damaged and I will have to wait all over again. This order already took me seven months to wait for (not including delivery) and now you are telling me that I have to wait (at the end of the line) all over again. I am so upset that they treat their customers like this.

They told me the vendor won't expedite the order. That seems asinine and a terrible way to conduct business considering my couch that was ready is now damaged and I pay the price. They have had the entire payment since May 2021 and now they want to hold onto it again for months and months again. I was not even told how long it would even take for another to be made as they do not have an estimated delivery date now. I will never shop here again and I will make sure to tell anyone to avoid this place. That is such a shame.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I was calling for a defect item. I was transferred 4 times, and the line was disconnected twice, and I had been waiting online for more than 40 mins. Finally I was connected to this customer care. She was impatient and didn't listen to my concerns at all. My concern is that I spent $400 to install the light to the ceiling and I was reluctant to return it, because I will lose $400 for nothing. I was asking if there is other solutions. She said, "Because you already install it, you can't return it!!!" I said that I can't tell it is defect (the pendant is not symmetrical) until it was installed. I don't want to wait my time anymore, so I just said, "Ok whatever" and then I disconnect my call. Unbelievable, this woman called me back with her personal phone and yelled at me! Don't **. What a moron!

Crate and Barrel Company Information