2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.57/5

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Crate and Barrel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crate and Barrel?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crate and Barrel?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I purchased a bedroom set and paid in full at the store near me. Thousand of dollars. Waited 2 weeks for delivery to find out dresser and bed frame was damaged. Schedule a second delivery attempt for another 2 weeks with email confirmation that will be delivered. The day before delivery I get a call saying it was not schedule and my furniture will not arrive as promised. I'm beyond upset at this point. The only solution it's to wait another 2 weeks to be delivered. 6 Six weeks in total!!!!! Its ridiculous. I will NOT recommend this store to anyone who work hard for the money they spent wanting a reliable customer service experience. Never again!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I just got off the phone with Crate and Barrel as I was inquiring about delivery of a new bed frame that doesn't use a boxspring and nightstand and wanted to know if they will remove the existing metal bed frame and box springs. Was told they will not move anything that is existing, therefore it is up to me to move my existing bed at my own expense prior to delivery of the new bed frame. They will only deliver and assemble to an empty space. Unless you do not already own a bed and sleep on the floor this is ridiculous!!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I'm disappointed to write this review and I LOVE the C & B and CB2 design but I can't say I'll ever order from any of their companies again. I've spent thousands of dollars there and only have bad experience after bad experience getting my items. The delivery and communication of said delivery is deplorable. They are SO glad to take your money but take their sweet time letting you enjoy the items you've worked so hard to purchase.

In this instance, I ordered the Tyson leather chair (custom) and the nesting coffee tables. I was quoted a 8-10 week delivery process to accommodate the customized piece (not sure if I buy that, but whatever) and now we are sitting at 10+ weeks with no furniture to show for it. Any updates on the status? Nope. Not a call, email, VM, nothing. I had to drive down to the store when I hit 10 weeks to ask someone to tell me what was going on (don't get me started on the fact that every salesperson in there pretended I was invisible). Only to find out, part of my order now is delayed.. Why wasn't that held for me when I wanted to have 1 delivery day... so I don't have to take off more than one day from my job that pays for these items...?? Hmmm... so now we'll be looking at about 15 total weeks for something that was supposedly available for delivery the day I purchased it. We'll see if it even makes it by that 15 week mark.

Just got off the phone with the customer service rep at the Dallas locations, by the way. He had no resolution to offer other than rescheduling for another day-- is that a joke!? Also persisted to talk over me the whole time. Wasn't patronizing which I appreciate, but good god- shut up when i'm talking. I'm really upset that I won't be able to spend anymore money here.. oh and I have the CC. No value in their customers. I will be telling everyone about this head-aching experience.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I ordered a mini Dash toaster oven on October 2, 2019. Was told it would be delivered on 10/24/19. Then I got a message that said it would be delivered on 11/4/19. I contacted them via Twitter. They said they would send me a new one and that I could keep the old one as well. They said they would expedite it and delivery should take one to two days. Well that was on 10/25 and UPS delivers on all days so now it's been 4 days. Contacted them again and they said they would email their warehouse to make sure that they get my order shipped out the next day with tracking updates. So yeah, that's my experience. I will never buy anything from them again. I regret this purchase so much. It's not the toaster oven itself but rather the lack of...service maybe.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Don’t order SASHA Arm Chairs! After 8 weeks of placing my order online for two of these chairs was informed after calling customer service that chairs were delayed one month. Two weeks later I was informed after calling for an update that chairs were now delayed another month and I CANNOT cancel the order. They will not allow it. So three months later no chairs yet. This is truly unacceptable service and Crate & Barrel should have provided information before order placement that these chair orders would take minimum of 8-10 weeks. If I had known this I certainly would not have ordered these chairs. Never buying from Crate & Barrel again, just not worth the headaches.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

Ordered 2 sofas and chair, waited 10 weeks for delivery. Both sofas covered in dirty black marks and one had a hole in. We told them not to bother unwrapping the chair. These sofas were clearly wrapped like that from the manufacturer so clearly no quality control. Absolutely disgusting that not one but both sofas dirty and damaged. We asked delivery driver to take away. Crate and Barrel asked us to keep the furniture but we refused. We didn’t want dirty furniture in our house. So, so disappointing.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

My wife and I ordered a custom Axis II couch from Crate and Barrel at the end of June. It arrived today and the back of it was completely smashed. In the months between order and delivery we attempted to contact Crate and Barrel to alter the order because we thought the couch we chose might be too big for our living room. We were told that since it is a custom order and it is currently in production they could not change the order as it is all cut from the same cloth therefore they cannot simply re-sell the part in their stores that we didn't want. So, ok, we dealt with that, cause what could we do. Fast forward to today when it is delivered. Two guys carry each piece in and when unwrapping it we notice the damage. The top wood frame of the wedge section of the couch is completely cracked in half and the fabric is torn.

The delivery guys called Crate and Barrel for me and as I'm speaking with them they tell me "we'll have someone come out and fix it" -- this is beyond repair. Besides, we don't want a refurbished couch when we paid for a NEW couch. We paid for a brand NEW couch so we want a NEW couch. I tell them that and they say, "Ok we can order you a new piece." Well wait a minute...what about the whole "it's cut from the same fabric so we cant add or take away any pieces as it might not match?" When it's convenient for them I guess they can magically make a new piece from "different" fabric (even though it's a stock color). Ok so, fine, they'll replace it. I then say, "Well it needs to be expedited". They have the nerve to say "sorry we cannot do that".

So to review: We ordered a very expensive custom couch. It took almost 3 months for it to be manufactured and delivered. When it was finally delivered it's completely ruined and when I ask them to expedite a new piece (and all it is, is a wedge) they say no. On top of all of this none of the legs on the couch sit flush on the floor. Each one of them has at least one side that does not make contact with the floor. Kind of like those tables at restaurants that you need to rip up coasters and stuff them under so you can eat on the table without spilling your drink on yourself. Yea. That's what we get for over $3,000.

We will never buy another thing from Crate and Barrel. Oh and the icing on the cake. The woman on the phone told me that they make sure to take the best care of their custom order customers...oh really? This is the "best care" your company provides? Well, I'd hate to be someone who didn't order a custom piece. 'Cause we got less than nothing. Can't imagine how you treat people who order stock items. Totally atrocious. Worst company of all time. Do not waste your money or time at this dumpster fire of a place. Honestly you might be better off going to your local junk yard and dragging a couch out from under piles of used diapers and rusty nails than ordering anything from Crate and Barrel.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I ordered the Winnetka table and buffet and chairs and the first time they delivered items they forgot the base of the table. The driver didn’t even attempt to delivery the table top - he told us not to take the table without the base. After calling the store for 5 days straight I finally arranged to have the table delivered again. Never got a call the day before with a delivery window so I had to once again call the store to confirm the delivery was actually scheduled. Waited home all day Saturday only to have the driver tell us he only had a base - no table top. I am still waiting to get the table delivery rescheduled - after having paid for it over 6 weeks ago. The customer service has been dreadful. I don't think I will ever order anything from them again.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I received a gift for my wedding from Crate and Barrel (I wasn’t registered there). I tried to return it 4 months after my wedding, it’s still in the box, all the bowls still wrapped up and they wouldn’t take it. Their return policy is a strict 90 day return policy. For a high end furniture, pricey home store, they should have a better return policy. Nordstrom’s has a great return policy and that is a reason why they have loyal customers and people continue to shop there. If Crate and Barrel wants to grow their consumer base they should consider adjusting their return policy. I haven’t ever gravitated towards Crate and Barrel but now I never will. Why would I when I can get better service elsewhere.

Original review: June 21, 2019

Beware! Absolute WORST customer experience ever! Ordered the Ditto II sectional sofa and patiently awaited delivery. When it finally came, the order was wrong. They sent me two left arm sofas, versus a sofa and chaise. When the delivery men opened it in my apartment (scratching my hardwood floor in the process), and we realized it was wrong, they wouldn’t take it back and told me they weren’t permitted to do that, and that they had to leave it with me as a “loaner.” I explained I clearly didn’t need a loaner as still had a sofa in that space, but they still did not take it with them.

Then, I called CB2 that day (6/14/19) at 2:04 pm CT to tell them what happened and that I wanted it out of my apartment. I have a small one-bedroom space now occupied with three sofas! The customer service woman said the earliest they could come get it was on June 28! And, she sent me a $50 gift card assuming that would ease my frustration.

I never received a confirmation that they were picking it up, so I called back again today (6/21/19 at 11:56 am CT, and they called me back at 12:15 pm CT), spoke with Heidi in customer service who, after I asked to speak with a manager and she said the manager is out of the office, transferred me to Karen in problem resolution. I was told that they had NO RECORD of my phone call on 6/14!!! And, now the earliest they can come is in July!!

I explained to Karen that they are making me LOSE money since I often rent my space on Airbnb and cannot do that with my apartment in this state! And, CB2 still has my $2,000 that I want refunded after they pick up the sofas! So, essentially, they are making money while I am losing money and there’s absolutely nothing I can do. And, I am also expecting company as well and embarrassed at what my apartment looks like right now. I even offered to ship it myself to their freaking warehouse, but of course they won’t allow that to happen. This is UNACCEPTABLE! This was my first experience with CB2 and will certainly be my last once this is resolved. I will NEVER shop there again – EVER. I wish I saw their HORRENDOUS reviews before I made this purchase!

Crate and Barrel Company Information