Broyhill

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My wife and I brought this leather sofa three years ago from Hudson's Furniture. We paid $1300 for it. Two weeks ago, the lady who cleans the house lifted one of the sofa pillows and saw a thick black spring popping out. We have no children and nobody has ever stepped on the couch. How does this happen with a supposedly quality piece of furniture? So we called up and they said the spring is guaranteed for 5 years! They said they'd send me the spring...HUH? They told us we'd have to get our own repair person in but luckily we'd be getting the spring for free. Needless to say we will never purchase another piece of Broyhill Furniture and neither should any of you!

Our family has shopped at Boscovs for many years. We have relied on the higher quality that they seemed to offer. This month was the first experience buying furniture at Boscovs. We ordered a Broyhill Monica couch which had a delivery charge of $75.00 along with the cost of the couch. On the day of the delivery my wife received a call from the delivery people, that their truck would not climb our driveway. She had to take her vehicle down to the road and shuttle the couch up our driveway for them.

Since we have not completely moved into the new home, it was another week before I was able to visually look at the couch and see what she was complaining about. The back cushions were completely flat on the ends. It looked as though they were only packed with half the amount of packing. Secondly, when you sat down on the seat cushions they sank and left an imprint of where you were sitting. This couch in no way resembled the floor model we sat on in the store. I went online and pulled up a search on Broyhill couches. It appears that the majority of the population which bought Broyhill were having similar and worse issues. It was after reading all the hundreds and hundreds of complaints that we decided to return the couch instead of repairing it.

After complaining to the gentleman on the phone, Boscovs did refund the purchase of the couch. However they charged us an additional $75.00 to pick the couch up. My complaint is this. Since Boscovs is in the retail business, I'm sure they are well aware of the issues with the Broyhill furniture. After shipping me a new couch in the condition that this one appeared I would have thought that they would have waived the charges for pick up out of appreciation for their customers. Now I am out $150.00 and no couch to show for it. I think I am through with purchasing ordered items from Boscovs or any other store for that matter.

In April 2010, I purchased a Broyhill sofa, accent chair and oversized chair with ottoman from a very reputable furniture store in our city. It was my retirement present to myself. One of the things that sold me was the firmness of the sofa. After about three months, the foam in the cushions became very soft. I contacted the furniture store, and they brought me new foam inserts for the two sofa cushions. After a few more months, the foam softened up again. The sofa is the main seating area in our living room. The other chairs have not softened up as the sofa has. I guess it's because we don't sit in them as often.

I always thought that Broyhill was a good brand of furniture. I have been so disappointed and don't know how to solve it other than getting the sofa remade. The fabric has held up well. I have also noticed a squeak in the back of the sofa and the fabric under the sofa is sagging. The sofa has caused me physical problems due to the sinking cushions. I will not buy Broyhill again. I gave the furniture a two-star rating because the two chairs have held up better than the sofa, and I like the look of the furniture.

I purchased a couch and a loveseat from Wright’s Furniture. I bought Broyhill because I thought that it was a midline good quality couch. First week, it squeaked. I contacted them and a repair person came and tried to find the problem, but ended up reconnecting some hinges. It squeaked again and another repairman came, each time with a repair cost involved. I contacted Broyhill, or the Heritage Home Group and they too would not honor anything because it was a month out of warranty. So, there are many choices of couches to buy, don't waste your money on anything Broyhill. Poor quality, and they do not have good customer service. Spend your money elsewhere.

I bought a Broyhill, a couch and chaise, and as soon as you sat on it, the material look spotty. Not attractive at all. I was very particular about my furniture and did not entertain so it was very discouraging to see this. The wood is good quality but the cushions not so much. I purchased it from Wickes and they closed shortly after I bought it so I had no recourse. I never let my pets on the furniture but after being so disappointed I don't care. I gave a beautiful sand color couch away with reflex cushioning 100% guaranteed.

The only reason I changed, I wanted to change my style. I hate it. I don't expect anything but over the years, every time I look at it, I regret this purchase. It was the Bradbury Manor collection #11608 upholstery. As I said I don't expect anything. I just felt compelled to finally say something. I will never again buy Broyhill. As far as I'm concerned the dogs can have it. My family can't believe I let people sit on it as I said everyone knows how I take care of my furniture. This set does not even deserve 1 star.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Broyhill?

Purchased Broyhill Sectional (Hamilton's sofa gallery) two months ago. DO NOT BUY BROYHILL! Thought it would be decent furniture, made in USA, etc. The couch has never been "right" from the beginning. Not well made, stapled (regular, not furniture/wood staples), ottoman is 2 inches lower than couch...on and on about the poor quality. It is clear that the couch I waited almost 6 weeks to receive is junk. I would have been better off purchasing a deal sectional at JCPenny and knowing that it was for short term.

The sectional I have is no better or worse than less "high end" furniture. Irregular material, bagging and loose fabric, loose seams, corner cushion has already sunk on one side, been replaced and now sunk again. I would stay far away from Broyhill. Not like it used to be. Hamilton Furniture has been really good at addressing my concerns, but time is valuable. Have had repair team come several times and bottom line is the furniture is just not good quality. Lesson learned!

Purchased a Broyhill sectional sofa at Hudson Furniture in Melbourne, FL... The material began to deteriorate within the end of the year even though it was covered at all times... We contacted Hudson & we're very surprised that nothing could be done since it was over a year old... & that it was on sale...

Last night while reading in bed, the bed suddenly broke and fell several inches. Turned out the rail that holds mattress and box springs split where it attached to the headboard split and will no longer stay attached to headboard. Checked the other end of the rail where it attached to the foot board and it also is splitting. It has some kind of a hook that apparently attaches to the post of the headboard and when it split, it no longer would hold the rail in place. I don't know of any way to fix this other than stacking some bricks underneath to support the mattress and box springs. By the way, so you'll know, I only weigh 130 pounds.

We ordered our sectional sofa through Wayfair on April 29, 2015. We were told to expect delivery by July 8, 2014 and received it October 2014. It was a horrendous process with Wayfair sending in a free sofa to use until we got our sofa we purchased for $2,400. We then had to order three additional pieces through a local dealer so the sectional would fit together as the pieces sold by Wayfair would not fit together. This brought us up to spending about $3,000 total on the sofa. About 6 months following our using the sofa the "leather" started to peel off the sofa, exposing the fabric liner underneath. Despite the claims that their "leather" is durable and a performance product. The couch looks horrendous.

We contacted Broyhill through the local furniture dealer and she was told the material used on the sofa was discontinued and we were out of the 1 year warranty period. We basically threw $3,000 away. I wish I had read the many many terrible reviews about Broyhill before making my purchase. They should be held accountable for their poor products and refund or replace products with these defects.

I purchased a 100% leather sofa and chair from manufacturer Broyhill which I waited six months for and had it in my house. No time when leather started turning white on the seams and cushions started peeling. Contacted Broyhill who in turn sent me back to where I purchased it from Rahey's Furniture who is their larger supporter of this furniture and did manage to get it replaced, sofa only because I was still within my warranty. The replacement sofa started to turn white on the seams and cushions started to peel again. Contacted them and they sent me back to the store who I purchased the product from. My sales person Bill the manager at the store very uncaring, said I was out of warranty and there was nothing he could or would do. Warranty was up. Go back to Broyhill.

All I got from both companies is the runaround but I purchased the product based on the look and feel of high-grade, genuine leather that's easy to live with and afford and they would stand behind their product and you would have it for a long time in your home, as its quality not like their competition. Sad to say all I got was garbage and have it three and half years and now have to live with ugly peeling furniture that I paid $2,000.00 for. And my sales person Bill said it's normal wear and tear and everything these days is built to be thrown away. How sad is that? You pay for quality and now told it's not built to last. I will never support or recommend Broyhill furniture or Rahey's in Antigonish, this life time.

I bought a Broyhill durablend sofa. Was told it would be just like leather. It's not. It's peeling off of the sofa I paid $2200.00 for. Broyhill stands by their 1-year warranty. What a ripoff.

I purchased a Broyhill bedroom set in 2012. I received it in February 2013. The bed frame on the sleigh bed is falling apart. It has 6 wooden legs that screw into wood slats on the bed frame. Every single one has the screw stripped out of them and the nuts that they screw into are either stripped or have come out of the wooden slats. Because of this, the legs constantly fall off or give out on an angle, so there is no center support for the mattresses. Broyhill will only warranty their wooden furniture for one year. I have tried repeated for the last 4-5 months to get them to replace the frame because it is an obvious defect in the design of their product. They sent me 2 legs that are not even the right ones for the bed frame (both are too long), but even if they sent me all six legs it still won't fix the whole problem!

I also purchased the living room furniture in 2012, receiving the couch in November 2012. The couch for the living room has also been an issue. It is the piece of furniture in the living room that gets the most use. Within the 1st year, the couch seat cushions have collapsed and the back cushion on one side has deformed. They did send me 2 cushions to replace the seat cushions, but how long will they last? Broyhill gives a 3-year warranty on those but if they keep becoming defective, I'll be buying another one in a couple years! I expected to get at least 10 years out of it. I spent almost $6000.00 on Broyhill furniture because I had always heard it was a well-made brand. They will only fool me once! Never again will I buy anything from Broyhill!

Our sectional was purchased in 2009, is in the living room which we only use on holidays or special occasions. My complaint is the same as everyone else with a Broyhill sofa, the cushions are misshaped and look very messy. Also the upholstery was done with staples and CARDBOARD, the cheapest way you can upholster a piece. I wish I looked at the bottom of the sofa in the store to see the cheap quality. Will never buy Broyhill again.

My husband and I purchased a couch, chair and ottoman in October 2013. In less than two years every single item has a quality issue. The material is the engineered leather and on the trim of the cushions it is peeling away and on the chair... Emailed Broyhill and they said someone would contact me but never did... will never buy again or recommend to anyone!

Ordered a Broyhill couch and loveseat from Huck Finn's in Albany, NY. Ordered it back in October and have yet to receive the loveseat (Huck Finn's had the couch in stock). Every time I call to see the manufacture date, it gets pushed back a week at a time. Better yet, my new estimated completion date is 12/28 and it won't be delivered to Huck Finn's until the END of January. Which in reality means that I probably won't be getting my loveseat until March at this rate since the completion date has been pushed back more times than I can remember.

After reading some of these other reviews, I see other people are in the same boat as me. Huck Finn's told me that the company was having a problem nationwide. Either way, Broyhill is lacking basic customer service skills as this problem seems to be ongoing and never ending and I have yet to hear anything from the company directly (which I think should be a no-brainer). Nationwide issue or not, this was not dealt with professionally. I will never order one of their products again. I would try to terminate my order for the loveseat if I didn't already have the matching couch and to pay 25% of the loveseat price.

Ordered furniture in September. Told that furniture would be delivered in 5 weeks. Now December 15th and sofa has yet to be manufactured. Told that they have "problems" in the factory. It reminds me of the movie "Tommy Boy" when Rob Lowe changes all the orders in the shipping dept. I didn't know that Rob now works for Broyhill. Seriously, is there a government agency we can complain to?

Never again will we purchase Broyhill products! Ordered custom made furniture in 2008 and paid premium $$$ with the assurance of Krissi (our sales representative from Grand Pappy's furniture in Chilliwack, BC) that the couch and chairs were the utmost quality. Within months we were having sagging issues with cushions and support problems with the springs and frame. Came out twice to repair the problem only to get back with more problems. Warranty was a joke. Took the items to a highly regarded independent upholsterer who showed us that it cannot be repaired reasonably with any positive results due to the low quality of materials and workmanship to begin with. Just kissed $5700 away. DO NOT BUY BROYHILL UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE!

I ordered 2 Broyhill sofas (with the promise of an 8 week delivery) on July 25 and here it is December 7 and still no sofas. At first they said the order was lost and I would get my sofa in Nov. Now they are saying they don't have the fabric but never mentioned that the other 5 times we called. I understand sometimes things go wrong but this is beyond crazy. So now I have the pleasure of starting all over again looking for a new sofas. Never ever order from Broyhill!

Bought from Brown Furniture in Blue Springs. I have a disabled spine and was excited about the type of back and support these chairs appeared to offer. Within 4 months, the support holding the seat Cushions broke down. Sad. We had always bought La-Z-Boy furniture previously but wanted to try Broyhill. Friends and family are pretty saddened that the chairs that started out helping my disability ended up not supporting me. :-(

I purchased a Broyhill sofa in August. It was going to be 6 weeks for delivery. At 8 weeks I called to find out the status of my order. I was told there was an "issue" with Broyhill and orders got lost. My sofa was now in production and it would be ready to ship on November 16th. It is now December 1st. I called for a status and was told that it is in production but they would get back to me when Broyhill could give them a more firm answer. I went through Thanksgiving without a sofa. I ordered in the summer and from the sounds of it I wouldn't be surprised if I go through Christmas too. I am so very disappointed with this whole ordeal. I will never purchase anything from this company again.

I don't even have my furniture and I am complaining. Ordered a Broyhill LR set in August and were told it would be delivered in 4 weeks. When that date arrived, and WE followed up (because of course we were not called) our distributor told us that Broyhill had JUST informed them that they previously lost 800 orders and that that they had just found them again and were starting to fill the backlog. Broyhill evidently withheld the info of losing the orders until the last possible moment. I double-checked my understanding. WTF? LOST 800 orders?

A settlement is supposedly being worked out because of the large-scale issue, but no one has said how much it will be or when it will be paid. We still do not have our furniture, and have been told to expect it at the end of November, or 14+ weeks after it was ordered. I haven't even seen the furniture but they have irritated me to the bone because we downsized, moved to a smaller location and have one of two seating areas with no furniture. Is this any way to run a business?

We bought a Broyhill couch and love seat in 2013. We were told by the furniture store that these were high-end pieces. Within the first year the cushions started to get deformed and by the time we called for a warranty defect, we were told the warranty ran out. The furniture store never put a call into Broyhill to see about a recall or a defect. Now the cushions are so bad that you can't sit on them at all. There are coil springs which are popping out of the fabric. We are so disappointed in this furniture and the store where we bought this. We have made many purchases at this store and they won't stand behind the Broyhill name.

We tried contacting Broyhill direct without any resolute to this issue. The furniture store told us they are aware of the problem as many people have had the same problems we are having. I can't believe Broyhill won't take responsibility to this issue because they are supposed to be a quality furniture manufacturer, the pieces we got aren't worth the price they charge. You can do better at any local retail store. They said the warranty is on the core or the springs. One of them has a lifetime warranty but they never told us which part has the lifetime warranty. They never even looked at the cushions. The customer service was horrible and just blew us off. There's no pride in their work anymore.

I purchased a living room suit and within 6 months the material started to peel off the sofa. They replaced the two cushions with new covers. One year later I am stuck with a living room set that is terrible. The back has peeled and is cracked and that was the purpose of buying a new one and replacing what I had. So disappointed in this furniture. Wasted my money for sure.

We purchased a Broyhill dining room set in Nov. 2014 and we love it. But last Wednesday, my husband dropped a small amount of ice cream on the fabric of one of the chairs and there was nothing in the paperwork that came with it to tell you how to clean it. So we just used a damp cloth and it made a brown water circle on it. So we tried some upholstery cleaner on it and that just made a bigger water circle. I contacted Broyhill and they are refusing to do anything about it. They said the one-year warranty was just for manufacturing defects - if that is all it's for, it's no good to have.

If we had spilled something red on it, I could understand but just water should not have done that. Apparently it has not been treated with anything to protect it. I am very upset after having my last Broyhill set for 21 years with no problems, and apparently they don't have the quality they used to have. I cannot find my receipt at this moment but I do have it. Made my purchase at Robert Furniture in Greeneville, Tennessee.

Received new furniture from Goldsteins in Hermitage. It is dirty. They sent service people twice to clean it, unsuccessful. I want it replaced and they are still deciding. $2500.00 and it's a dirty white. I am very disappointed with Broyhill and Goldsteins and will spread the word, not to buy their products. I wish that I would have reviewed this before. Broyhill is to be a top name in furniture and Goldsteins say that they have been in business for 150 years. I will NEVER recommend either.

I purchased a sofa, loveseat, chair and ottoman three months ago. The backs of the pieces have collapsed. When I went into Akins Furniture, Dogtown, Alabama, my first words were "We don't purchase furniture often. Please direct me to your better furniture because I don't want something that will need to be replaced in 6 months." Well, it didn't last that long. Paid $2000 for set. When I called store to complain, I was told that the backs had to be "fluffed"! Unzip the attached backs from the bottom, pull out the stuffing, and "fluff." When I got the stuffing out, it was obvious what was wrong. The filler had all settled to the bottom of the cushion. There were no seams in the cushion to keep the filler from packing down. It was not a solid cushion, rather "fiberfill" type material that had collapsed and lumped.

Now for the seats. Supposedly the entire set had "duracoil" cushions on the seats. That is one thing that sold the set to us. "Individually wrapped coils covered with foam cushioning" then slipped into the upholstery coverings. Turns out that you can sit on a cushion for one day and it is collapsed to half the height of the other cushions. Furniture store said "turn the cushions, rotate them" to answer this complaint. We both are disabled, did not have any idea that we had to work on the furniture daily to make it livable. I am sick over this purchase.

Store refuses to take it back. They have ordered replacement cushions for the backs and the seats. Backs have arrived. Still haven't seen the Duracoil seats. This furniture looks and sits worse that the set we carried to Goodwill after using it for 15 years. I would not recommend Broyhill to anyone, and as for the store? It is a huge store that is known across several states for their selection of top of the line furniture. I wouldn't buy a bag of peanuts from them now.

We order the Sectional in March and received it in May. It was a custom order fabric. It is a mess. I don't even know where to start. The cushions are not straight, the fabric pattern doesn't match along with a seam on the cushion for the chaise. The back cushions are stuffed with fiber filling with no structure or support. The piping is not even close to straight. The back of the sectional fabric isn't straight and the corners are lifting. They have been unresponsive and it looks like the retailer is used to it. Never again would I buy BROYHILL.... I have bought far less expensive furniture that is far superior quality. Sorry that "Made in America" is on their label.

Purchased my Broyhill couch in Feb of 2014 and by March of 2014 the cushions had gone flat. I contacted Broyhill directly and have not received an answer. Now 1 yr later my middle back couch cushion is starting to rip in the back... I will NEVER purchase Broyhill again!!!

In 2003 I purchased the Attic Heirloom LR set from Raymour & Flanigan for $2,500. It has not held up well to say the least. The cushions lost their shape in short order in spite of flipping and rotating them. The wood framework has come apart numerous times. The love seat is misshapen and gas been supported with a piece of plywood under the cushions for years now. The fabric has frayed terribly. All this in spite of our best efforts to make the furniture last. A horrible value. The coffee table and TV cabinet are sturdy but the couch and love seat are absolute garbage. I don't believe I will buy anything more from Broyhill or Raymour & Flanigan ever again.

I purchased a Broyhill complete bedroom set - headboard/footboard, armoire, dresser, mirror and 2 nite stands 17+ years ago and even after daily use for 17 years the pieces are as great now as when new! Drawer slides are perfect, finishes look new, it is an incredibly well made set. I would keep it but am downsizing.

Broyhill Company Profile