1.33/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Broyhill

Looking for a good furniture store?

Broyhill Reviews

Original review: June 10, 2019

I am very happy with my living room set. I’ve had it for four years. Easy really easy to keep clean. Microfiber brown. Beautiful. I get compliments on it always. I would like to know if I can get replacement foam for the couch, it has been slept on a lot more than it should have.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

We purchased our Broyhill couch about 6 years ago from Ben's Fine Furniture on Port Huron Michigan. The couch was very appealing and the selling point was the springed cushions. This past summer I had repair out due to the back cushions sagging etc... The repairman said the couch was off warranty but I could purchase new cushions. Today I noticed the seat cushion looking lumpy. Lo and behold we popped a spring. I find this just crazy. My last couch was a La-Z-Boy which outlast 3 kids, 4 dogs, 2 cats, a move from Michigan to Chicago to join my son and daughter in law in their new home.

It was 22 years old before it was retired. But here we are with our not so very old Broyhill with saggy back cushions and sprang springs. After reading this list of complaints I am totally appalled to find this is a known issue with Broyhill and nothing can be done and the company is allowed to continue to sell these products. There is no consumer protection. I will call Broyhill but already feel defeated.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I spent over $1600 on Broyhill Sawyer Collection sofa and loveseat intended to purchase leather, but the salesman convinced me that "Performance Leather" was the way to go. Shortly after the warranty on the "performance leather" fabric expired the furniture started to peel - the "leather" separates from the fabric underneath leaving an unsightly mess. I contacted Hardee Furniture in Rocky Mount, NC where I purchased the set and was told jokingly "yeah, there was a manufacturer problem with that material - that's why the company went out of business." They, nor Broyhill offered any compensation for a sofa that barely lasted 18 months. The peeling is so bad on both pieces that I am embarrassed for even my family to visit. I cannot afford to replace it yet and have to vacuum up unsightly pieces of "performance leather" every day. I will never shop at Hardee Furniture again and will never purchase another piece of Broyhill furniture.

Original review: April 17, 2018

It is with great sadness that I have to finally buy a replacement for the Broyhill upholstered chair that we have enjoyed since 2008. This has lasted through two teenagers doing hours of homework in it and then sleeping in odd positions/hours that only young people can. I hope that I can find another Broyhill distributor to replace this important family memory.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

On Nov. 11, 2017, we purchased a Lane sofa and chair from the Broyhill store in Aurora, Colorado, and was told because of the holidays, the estimated delivery would be Jan. 15, 2018. I hadn't heard anything so I called and was told there was a problem with the fabric, so they had to order new fabric. Then I was told there was an ice storm and the factory closed for two days. On Jan. 26, I was told it was shipping that day. On Feb. 6 with no call about a delivery, I was told that it shipped, but to a distribution center in North (or South) Carolina, and that it was out of their control because now it was with the trucking company who has to wait for a full truck to Colorado.

When I followed up, numerous times they said they would call me back and never did. On this last call on Feb. 6, they said they would follow up today and would let me know. Nobody called me back. My order is three weeks overdue and it's still sitting on the East Coast. My husband and I are sitting on hard patio furniture and my back and butt are killing me. I have MS and it is extremely difficult getting in and out because of the low height. Because my balance is off, I often lose my balance when going to sit down, and often hit the metal arm on the chaise lounge. I'm frustrated beyond belief.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Broyhill?

Original review: May 22, 2017

Purchased a full sofa set 3.5 years ago. Under totally normal use (aka "sitting on it"), their "performance leather" material is now literally falling apart. Warranty has expired (what a coincidence), so I contacted Broyhill to ask what is going on. Was told that this is a known issue with their "performance leather", but that they won't do anything to fix it. Must now upholster the entire sofa set (with a material that doesn't fall apart after 3 years) or buy a new sofa. Do NOT purchase anything from Broyhill. Ever.

Original review: May 7, 2017

I bought the Broyhill Laramie sofa, chair and ottoman in 2011. From the very start, I found this sofa very uncomfortable. I hardly used it. Now that my back and neck issues have worsened, the furniture is almost unusable. It makes my arms and legs go to sleep if I'm trying to nap on it. What's worse, I had the furniture professionally cleaned for the first time a month ago. WRONG move. The stuffing, upon being wet, has smelled up the house. It's a chlorine/ammonia smell that is absolutely horrible. How a product can look so nice and turn out to be such a bomb is very frustrating and discerning. The fabric has not held up. I have cats, yes that's bad for any furniture, but one single cat that has never destroyed anything else has wasted this fabric. It has torn as easily as aluminum foil. DO NOT BUY THIS FURNITURE.

Original review: March 25, 2017

I purchased a Broyhill sofa from a local furniture store a few years ago. I tested out many before I chose this one. I live alone with no pets and expected to get at least 10 years out of this sofa as I have with previous models. At first this was a very comfortable piece of furniture, but within a year I noticed the material was chafing badly but the main problem was with their duracoil spring system. Now this is what makes the sofa so comfortable at first, but I noticed something was going on with the cushions. I have worked in the furniture business and decided to take the cushion apart, so when you take off the cover you see the foam is a covering for the duracoil system inside.

The coils are held in place by some "cheap paper towel thick" material which gives way after modest everyday use. This tearing leaves the springs unsecured and they go every which way making the cushion lumpy and uncomfortable. I managed to line the coils up and secure them with strapping tape and filled the gaps with material. So far this has made the sofa usable at best! After figuring out the problem I decided to attempt to replace the duracoil system for the 3 cushions and contacted Broyhill. They got back to me via email Kathy ** Consumer Service Representative (800) 225-0265 Ext. **. She requested info on my situation which I sent including pictures of the duracoil system fail!!

I have not heard back from her. I waited 3 weeks and sent another email explaining my desire to purchase the system, still nothing. I went to Broyhill reviews online and found this duracoil fail is a standard problem with the Broyhill furniture and apparently they do not want to address this problem. All I can say is another company that refuses to do the RIGHT thing and address this issue and apologize and or replace their mistake.

If these coils had been wrapped in something other than substandard material the system would be an awesome thing and I would always buy them. Instead they appear to join the long list of American companies who sell the proverbial "pig in a poke" products to enhance their bottom line and fleece its customers. DO NOT BUY BROYHILL FURNITURE. THEY HAVE USED THEIR COMPANY'S GOOD REPUTATION TO TURN A QUICK BUCK!!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Just under two years ago we purchased a Sofa and Loveseat for the Hearth Collection. The description of the Loveseat is A/O 8785-85/2p 8592-85 and the Sofa A/O 8785-85/2tp 8592-85/. The only person using this furniture is myself and I weigh 130 pounds. My husband special ordered a La-Z-Boy recliner. At the time of purchase I thought of ordering La-Z-boy furniture but I have always heard that Broyhill furniture is a good solid product. We had La-Z-Boy for the last 20+ years and now my son is using it. The problem with the loveseat is the cushions which are being replaced have bad coil springs. When it comes to the sofa the back cushions look droopy and out of shape.

The repairman told us that we need to unzip the cushions on the bottom and fluff them back into shape. We find this problem strange because we never heard of anything like this before. If we had this problem with a bedroom pillow we would just throw it out and buy a new one, but at $1691.98 we can't afford to do that. At the time of purchase if we had been told we needed to fluff the cushions every three months we would have purchased La-Z-Boy furniture once again. When we bought this furniture we knew it would be our last furniture purchase since I am in my sixties and my husband is his late fifties and we are on a fixed income. Since the first thing you see when you walk in the house is the back of furniture and we're afraid that we will wear the zippers out fluffing our couch cushions. We purchased our furniture at Art Van Furniture 22035 Eureka Rd Taylor MI 48180.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

I ordered a sofa and oversized chair from Wallis Furniture in Carbondale, Pa. It took 8 months to get sofa and well the chair was a different story that took another 6 months to get. The store said that the manufacturer didn't have fabric and so I picked a new one and still never received. I got a regular chair not oversized and now almost 3 years later the springs are popping in cushions! I will never buy Broyhill nor order from Wallis furniture again???

Broyhill Company Information