2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

3.8/5 (190 ratings)

About Broyhill

Broyhill Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Broyhill?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Broyhill?

Original review: June 30, 2016

I purchased a couch and a loveseat from Wright’s Furniture. I bought Broyhill because I thought that it was a midline good quality couch. First week, it squeaked. I contacted them and a repair person came and tried to find the problem, but ended up reconnecting some hinges. It squeaked again and another repairman came, each time with a repair cost involved. I contacted Broyhill, or the Heritage Home Group and they too would not honor anything because it was a month out of warranty. So, there are many choices of couches to buy, don't waste your money on anything Broyhill. Poor quality, and they do not have good customer service. Spend your money elsewhere.

Original review: June 13, 2016

I bought a Broyhill, a couch and chaise, and as soon as you sat on it, the material look spotty. Not attractive at all. I was very particular about my furniture and did not entertain so it was very discouraging to see this. The wood is good quality but the cushions not so much. I purchased it from Wickes and they closed shortly after I bought it so I had no recourse. I never let my pets on the furniture but after being so disappointed I don't care. I gave a beautiful sand color couch away with reflex cushioning 100% guaranteed.

The only reason I changed, I wanted to change my style. I hate it. I don't expect anything but over the years, every time I look at it, I regret this purchase. It was the Bradbury Manor collection #11608 upholstery. As I said I don't expect anything. I just felt compelled to finally say something. I will never again buy Broyhill. As far as I'm concerned the dogs can have it. My family can't believe I let people sit on it as I said everyone knows how I take care of my furniture. This set does not even deserve 1 star.

Original review: June 13, 2016

Purchased Broyhill Sectional (Hamilton's sofa gallery) two months ago. DO NOT BUY BROYHILL! Thought it would be decent furniture, made in USA, etc. The couch has never been "right" from the beginning. Not well made, stapled (regular, not furniture/wood staples), ottoman is 2 inches lower than couch...on and on about the poor quality. It is clear that the couch I waited almost 6 weeks to receive is junk. I would have been better off purchasing a deal sectional at JCPenny and knowing that it was for short term.

The sectional I have is no better or worse than less "high end" furniture. Irregular material, bagging and loose fabric, loose seams, corner cushion has already sunk on one side, been replaced and now sunk again. I would stay far away from Broyhill. Not like it used to be. Hamilton Furniture has been really good at addressing my concerns, but time is valuable. Have had repair team come several times and bottom line is the furniture is just not good quality. Lesson learned!

Original review: May 21, 2016

Purchased a Broyhill sectional sofa at Hudson Furniture in Melbourne, FL... The material began to deteriorate within the end of the year even though it was covered at all times... We contacted Hudson & we're very surprised that nothing could be done since it was over a year old... & that it was on sale...

Original review: April 18, 2016

Last night while reading in bed, the bed suddenly broke and fell several inches. Turned out the rail that holds mattress and box springs split where it attached to the headboard split and will no longer stay attached to headboard. Checked the other end of the rail where it attached to the foot board and it also is splitting. It has some kind of a hook that apparently attaches to the post of the headboard and when it split, it no longer would hold the rail in place. I don't know of any way to fix this other than stacking some bricks underneath to support the mattress and box springs. By the way, so you'll know, I only weigh 130 pounds.

Original review: April 2, 2016

We ordered our sectional sofa through Wayfair on April 29, 2015. We were told to expect delivery by July 8, 2014 and received it October 2014. It was a horrendous process with Wayfair sending in a free sofa to use until we got our sofa we purchased for $2,400. We then had to order three additional pieces through a local dealer so the sectional would fit together as the pieces sold by Wayfair would not fit together. This brought us up to spending about $3,000 total on the sofa. About 6 months following our using the sofa the "leather" started to peel off the sofa, exposing the fabric liner underneath. Despite the claims that their "leather" is durable and a performance product. The couch looks horrendous.

We contacted Broyhill through the local furniture dealer and she was told the material used on the sofa was discontinued and we were out of the 1 year warranty period. We basically threw $3,000 away. I wish I had read the many many terrible reviews about Broyhill before making my purchase. They should be held accountable for their poor products and refund or replace products with these defects.

Original review: March 20, 2016

I purchased a 100% leather sofa and chair from manufacturer Broyhill which I waited six months for and had it in my house. No time when leather started turning white on the seams and cushions started peeling. Contacted Broyhill who in turn sent me back to where I purchased it from Rahey's Furniture who is their larger supporter of this furniture and did manage to get it replaced, sofa only because I was still within my warranty. The replacement sofa started to turn white on the seams and cushions started to peel again. Contacted them and they sent me back to the store who I purchased the product from. My sales person Bill the manager at the store very uncaring, said I was out of warranty and there was nothing he could or would do. Warranty was up. Go back to Broyhill.

All I got from both companies is the runaround but I purchased the product based on the look and feel of high-grade, genuine leather that's easy to live with and afford and they would stand behind their product and you would have it for a long time in your home, as its quality not like their competition. Sad to say all I got was garbage and have it three and half years and now have to live with ugly peeling furniture that I paid $2,000.00 for. And my sales person Bill said it's normal wear and tear and everything these days is built to be thrown away. How sad is that? You pay for quality and now told it's not built to last. I will never support or recommend Broyhill furniture or Rahey's in Antigonish, this life time.

Original review: March 15, 2016

I bought a Broyhill durablend sofa. Was told it would be just like leather. It's not. It's peeling off of the sofa I paid $2200.00 for. Broyhill stands by their 1-year warranty. What a ripoff.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2016

I purchased a Broyhill bedroom set in 2012. I received it in February 2013. The bed frame on the sleigh bed is falling apart. It has 6 wooden legs that screw into wood slats on the bed frame. Every single one has the screw stripped out of them and the nuts that they screw into are either stripped or have come out of the wooden slats. Because of this, the legs constantly fall off or give out on an angle, so there is no center support for the mattresses. Broyhill will only warranty their wooden furniture for one year. I have tried repeated for the last 4-5 months to get them to replace the frame because it is an obvious defect in the design of their product. They sent me 2 legs that are not even the right ones for the bed frame (both are too long), but even if they sent me all six legs it still won't fix the whole problem!

I also purchased the living room furniture in 2012, receiving the couch in November 2012. The couch for the living room has also been an issue. It is the piece of furniture in the living room that gets the most use. Within the 1st year, the couch seat cushions have collapsed and the back cushion on one side has deformed. They did send me 2 cushions to replace the seat cushions, but how long will they last? Broyhill gives a 3-year warranty on those but if they keep becoming defective, I'll be buying another one in a couple years! I expected to get at least 10 years out of it. I spent almost $6000.00 on Broyhill furniture because I had always heard it was a well-made brand. They will only fool me once! Never again will I buy anything from Broyhill!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2016

Our sectional was purchased in 2009, is in the living room which we only use on holidays or special occasions. My complaint is the same as everyone else with a Broyhill sofa, the cushions are misshaped and look very messy. Also the upholstery was done with staples and CARDBOARD, the cheapest way you can upholster a piece. I wish I looked at the bottom of the sofa in the store to see the cheap quality. Will never buy Broyhill again.

Broyhill Company Information