1.29/5
Based on 86 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for a good furniture store?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

133 Broyhill Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 21, 2015

We bought a Broyhill couch and love seat in 2013. We were told by the furniture store that these were high-end pieces. Within the first year the cushions started to get deformed and by the time we called for a warranty defect, we were told the warranty ran out. The furniture store never put a call into Broyhill to see about a recall or a defect. Now the cushions are so bad that you can't sit on them at all. There are coil springs which are popping out of the fabric. We are so disappointed in this furniture and the store where we bought this. We have made many purchases at this store and they won't stand behind the Broyhill name.

We tried contacting Broyhill direct without any resolute to this issue. The furniture store told us they are aware of the problem as many people have had the same problems we are having. I can't believe Broyhill won't take responsibility to this issue because they are supposed to be a quality furniture manufacturer, the pieces we got aren't worth the price they charge. You can do better at any local retail store. They said the warranty is on the core or the springs. One of them has a lifetime warranty but they never told us which part has the lifetime warranty. They never even looked at the cushions. The customer service was horrible and just blew us off. There's no pride in their work anymore.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2015

I purchased a living room suit and within 6 months the material started to peel off the sofa. They replaced the two cushions with new covers. One year later I am stuck with a living room set that is terrible. The back has peeled and is cracked and that was the purpose of buying a new one and replacing what I had. So disappointed in this furniture. Wasted my money for sure.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: July 27, 2015

We purchased a Broyhill dining room set in Nov. 2014 and we love it. But last Wednesday, my husband dropped a small amount of ice cream on the fabric of one of the chairs and there was nothing in the paperwork that came with it to tell you how to clean it. So we just used a damp cloth and it made a brown water circle on it. So we tried some upholstery cleaner on it and that just made a bigger water circle. I contacted Broyhill and they are refusing to do anything about it. They said the one-year warranty was just for manufacturing defects - if that is all it's for, it's no good to have.

If we had spilled something red on it, I could understand but just water should not have done that. Apparently it has not been treated with anything to protect it. I am very upset after having my last Broyhill set for 21 years with no problems, and apparently they don't have the quality they used to have. I cannot find my receipt at this moment but I do have it. Made my purchase at Robert Furniture in Greeneville, Tennessee.

Original review: July 26, 2015

Received new furniture from Goldsteins in Hermitage. It is dirty. They sent service people twice to clean it, unsuccessful. I want it replaced and they are still deciding. $2500.00 and it's a dirty white. I am very disappointed with Broyhill and Goldsteins and will spread the word, not to buy their products. I wish that I would have reviewed this before. Broyhill is to be a top name in furniture and Goldsteins say that they have been in business for 150 years. I will NEVER recommend either.

Original review: July 6, 2015

I purchased a sofa, loveseat, chair and ottoman three months ago. The backs of the pieces have collapsed. When I went into Akins Furniture, Dogtown, Alabama, my first words were "We don't purchase furniture often. Please direct me to your better furniture because I don't want something that will need to be replaced in 6 months." Well, it didn't last that long. Paid $2000 for set. When I called store to complain, I was told that the backs had to be "fluffed"! Unzip the attached backs from the bottom, pull out the stuffing, and "fluff." When I got the stuffing out, it was obvious what was wrong. The filler had all settled to the bottom of the cushion. There were no seams in the cushion to keep the filler from packing down. It was not a solid cushion, rather "fiberfill" type material that had collapsed and lumped.

Now for the seats. Supposedly the entire set had "duracoil" cushions on the seats. That is one thing that sold the set to us. "Individually wrapped coils covered with foam cushioning" then slipped into the upholstery coverings. Turns out that you can sit on a cushion for one day and it is collapsed to half the height of the other cushions. Furniture store said "turn the cushions, rotate them" to answer this complaint. We both are disabled, did not have any idea that we had to work on the furniture daily to make it livable. I am sick over this purchase.

Store refuses to take it back. They have ordered replacement cushions for the backs and the seats. Backs have arrived. Still haven't seen the Duracoil seats. This furniture looks and sits worse that the set we carried to Goodwill after using it for 15 years. I would not recommend Broyhill to anyone, and as for the store? It is a huge store that is known across several states for their selection of top of the line furniture. I wouldn't buy a bag of peanuts from them now.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Broyhill?

Original review: May 29, 2015

We order the Sectional in March and received it in May. It was a custom order fabric. It is a mess. I don't even know where to start. The cushions are not straight, the fabric pattern doesn't match along with a seam on the cushion for the chaise. The back cushions are stuffed with fiber filling with no structure or support. The piping is not even close to straight. The back of the sectional fabric isn't straight and the corners are lifting. They have been unresponsive and it looks like the retailer is used to it. Never again would I buy BROYHILL.... I have bought far less expensive furniture that is far superior quality. Sorry that "Made in America" is on their label.

Original review: March 21, 2015

Purchased my Broyhill couch in Feb of 2014 and by March of 2014 the cushions had gone flat. I contacted Broyhill directly and have not received an answer. Now 1 yr later my middle back couch cushion is starting to rip in the back... I will NEVER purchase Broyhill again!!!

Original review: March 17, 2015

In 2003 I purchased the Attic Heirloom LR set from Raymour & Flanigan for $2,500. It has not held up well to say the least. The cushions lost their shape in short order in spite of flipping and rotating them. The wood framework has come apart numerous times. The love seat is misshapen and gas been supported with a piece of plywood under the cushions for years now. The fabric has frayed terribly. All this in spite of our best efforts to make the furniture last. A horrible value. The coffee table and TV cabinet are sturdy but the couch and love seat are absolute garbage. I don't believe I will buy anything more from Broyhill or Raymour & Flanigan ever again.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2015

I purchased a Broyhill complete bedroom set - headboard/footboard, armoire, dresser, mirror and 2 nite stands 17+ years ago and even after daily use for 17 years the pieces are as great now as when new! Drawer slides are perfect, finishes look new, it is an incredibly well made set. I would keep it but am downsizing.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2015

We purchased a 3 cushion sofa (Broyhill) 1 year ago at Langlois Furniture in Muskegon, Michigan. We only had the sofa about 5 months when the pillows on the back started sagging. My husband and I are the only people that live here. We are small people. The sofa is so uncomfortable we don't even sit on it. What a waste of 800.00 dollars. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2014

The spring on the couch broke and when you sit down, there is a knot in your butt. The chair cushion is not sturdy. The cushion is being smashes down as people sit in it. The furniture is only 3 years old. Our last furniture lasted 10 years and it was not broyhill. I would tell anyone that asked me about broyhill, I would tell them not to buy it. Broyhill Furniture Does Not Last and the company does not care.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2014

One of their associates contacted me for personal reasons with angry email using Broyhill Furniture letterhead in his personal email. I contacted company to ask is that how their representatives are supposed to represent their brand but never got response. I will never buy furniture from Broyhill Furniture.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2014

We purchased a sofa and chair and when we went to pick it up, the store they told us that our Broyhill distributor was not available and we could not have our furniture as Pride Furniture went bankrupt. We paid for the entire purchase including scotch guarding and delivery and now we would like to know where Broyhill is manufactured so we can go there and try to follow up. Anyone else know this even though many retailers sell the product. We would like to know where it is manufactured.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2014

I got a sectional with custom fabric. I have had the sofa for a year and the fabric is not holding up at all. The sectional design is odd. The main part of the sofa separates from the longer part. The worst sofa I have ever bought. I contacted Hudson Furniture in Tampa to discuss the fabric and they were no help. Never buying Broyhill again.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2014

Bought our leather sofas, love seat and ottoman, to which are all falling apart. Had them less than 3 years and the stitching is coming undone on all 4 pieces we bought. Would never buy from this company ever again. Worthless junk for retail prices.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2014

I have a leather couch I bought that's fading to a light color. I've called the seller and am being ignored. Can someone help me?

Original review: June 16, 2014

I noticed a split in the seam of my cushion and took it back to the local dealer for repairs. The sofa is less than a year old, therefore it is still under warranty. The dealer stated he would send it back to the factory. Four days later he called, stating the cushion was repaired and I could pick it up. I went in to pick up the cushion and upon inspecting it, I noted to him that it had not been factory repaired. Someone had pulled the material up into a top seam, including the inside pillow, and hand-stitched it with needle and thread. It was not re-sewn down the seam with a machine. I let him know it was not professionally done, nor sent to a factory. I did not accept the pillow back sewn in that manner. He stated that his reason for not sending it to the factory was that it would take a long time to return and walked away. I left not knowing what will happen or when I can expect to get my cushion back. I could have sat down at home and done that sloppy job.

Original review: May 13, 2014

Sutter Chenille Recliner and couch - This is the worse furniture ever made!!! The cushions are flat. The material has worn to nothing! It's only my husband and I, no animals and we both weigh around 150lbs. Contacted Broyhill but they never responded!!!

Original review: March 19, 2014

Inspection after delivery showed that two of the zippered cushions were not sewn in a way that would keep the zippers from coming off track and a gap opened at that point.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2014

I have had this sofa and chair for over one year. It is the worst quality furniture I have gotten. A water mark will stain fabric. All seams are pulling apart. And the cushions are non existent. If I could afford to I would trash this set. I also have many Broyhill items call attic heirloom, it is wonderful. That's why we went with the new coil made sofa and chair. This set should be replaced.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2013

My wife and I bought a sofa and love seat about 5 years ago while we were living in Cedar Rapids. I will spare the store as this is a mfg problem. A spring broke in the sofa the first week. The fabric looks worn out. I have replaced the broken spring only to find that the support (ash beam) has a knot in it where the spring is fastened. The support is badly warped and cannot support the springs. As others have said, this is no longer the reputable company they once were..

Original review: Oct. 19, 2013

WARNING!!! Do Not Shop At M. Jacobs or Broyhill!!! They will not allow you to return your merchandise. I bought a mattress there two days ago and now I am stuck with it. They are keeping all my money and I am stuck with a mattress that does not work for me. It was said to me and my wife that we would most likely be able to return our bed if we tried it out for a couple of days, which basically means no in Broyhill speak. We were going to buy more furniture there. Now I am glad to know that they are not reliable or have any integrity.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2013

I bought a chair and ottoman that were part of the Chris Madden collection at JC Penney, manufactured by Broyhill. I loved the design of the pieces and the fabric, but they were only sat on two or three times. I moved and placed the furniture in my living room and after about a month, the chair arms and seat began to break down. My previous furniture from JC Penney was excellent (Flexsteel), so I thought I could rely on receiving decent quality. Unfortunately, Flexsteel doesn't make the style of furniture I am looking for. I will never buy anything manufactured by Broyhill again. Cheap, cheap, cheap!!!

Original review: July 16, 2013

We order a couch, chair and ottoman from Raymore and Flanigan in Horseheads, NY with custom fabric. It was ready in 5 weeks which is good timing. When we went in to look at the pieces before delivery, Broyhill had made a loveseat instead of a chair. We were told by Phil at Raymore and Flanigan that the chair would be put at the head of the line and we should have it very quickly. Then we were told that Broyhill would be closed for a week for the July 4th holiday.

I can understand that but now it has been 4 weeks again and if they had put the chair in the head of the line it would be done by now. I am still getting excuses. My last call from R&F, Phil said that Jeff ** from Broyhill said it was not going to be ready until the week of July 22 at least. 10+ weeks is too long to wait for a chair to be made, especially when they made the error. We are not happy and will not make any further purchases of Broyhill or at R&F, and will tell everyone I know about this. Word of mouth can be huge.

Original review: June 27, 2013

We purchased Broyhill sofa (Audrey) in mid-Feb! We asked for custom fabric. A couple of weeks later, we were told that the fabric was no longer available and we had to return to store (which was 40 min. away), to choose different fabric. We also had to choose different fabric for a chair we ordered, as nothing matched. The ORIGINAL contract specified that sofa would take 3 MONTHS, TOPS. This inconvenience was great as we needed the sofa here so that we could choose paint color of our walls before the heat wave came (as it does every year).

Broyhill was unable to be reached by our store, & when they were, came up with excuse after excuse. After FOUR MONTHS, we FINALLY were able to pick up our sofa! Both my husband & I have health problems (we aren't old). This has caused us GREAT inconvenience. The store we are dealing with has offered to "take care of us". We feel that BROYHILL should "take care" of us, as this was NOT the store's fault - it was TOTALLY on BROYHILL. The reason we chose Broyhill was because of your outstanding rep in the past & because your furniture was so well made (we owned Broyhill many years before).

From what I'm reading online, you people are getting a very bad rep. That's a shame. As of now, because of our health problems, of work schedules, and because of the weather, this ridiculous delay has caused us so many problems & scheduling delays that we don't know when we will be able to get this house finished. I really think that you should compensate us with SOMETHING. A FOUR-MONTH WAIT IS RIDICULOUS! Our store kept up with attempts to contact you, but to no avail. You should compensate us something (possibly the cost of the painting supplies that will be incurred). Please let us know, because your total lack of caring for your customers just shows total arrogance. Hopefully, you can prove us wrong. The end result is exactly what I wanted, BUT the inconvenience we have gone through was terrible & we'll never purchase from Broyhill again. I will also "spread the word" if I do not receive just compensation. It's a Nightmare for us.

Original review: June 12, 2013

We bought a Broyhill sofa back in July of last year (2012). It took several weeks to come in and it was delivered in September of 2012. When it was delivered, we noticed that the back and arms showed loose threads hanging out of the seams. The material thread count seemed to be loose and not tight woven. By Christmas, where my husband sits, the thread was pulling apart in the material showing streaks of pulling on the cushion. By February, the cushion was torn at the front seam and completely raveling all over. The back cushion was also showing wear and raveling. I filed a complaint with the furniture store and they advised they had sold several couches out of this material and had not had any problems.

My opinion is that it could possibly be that the lot of material my couch was made from could have been flawed by the manufacturer. I asked that we send back the cushion for them to review. The resolution they have offered is to send cushion covers. Where he has sat, the cushion is actually already flat and the threads continue to pull in the seams all over the couch. I told the furniture store that this was not acceptable and that I want my money back or a completely new couch. This is their best offer. I DO NOT recommend Broyhill products and I do not recommend this furniture store. We have had this couch six months and it looks like it is 25 years old.

Original review: May 27, 2013

The finish on my kitchen table, island and chairs is coming off. The finish looks awful. The island has white colored water stains. The countertop chairs are falling apart. They have a bar for your feet, and it fell out. I called Darvin, and they sent someone out since we purchased the warranty. Darvin said there was nothing they could do, and were not even able to match the paint to cover the nicks. We really don't use the items much because of how awful it looks. I have purchased a table cloth so I don't have to look at the issues!

Original review: April 12, 2013

I ordered a sectional on 1-6-13 at Becker Furniture in MN. I was told it would take 8 weeks. Then after giving my down payment, I got an approximate delivery date of 3-24-13 - more like 12 weeks. Hoping to have it for Easter, I got a call from Becker saying it would be another 3-4 weeks. Really. They said that Broyhill was having issues with their fabric manufacturer. Since I got rid of our previous furniture because we were instructed to clear the area for delivery, now we have no place to sit in our family room. I want to cancel, but they say our down payment is nonrefundable because it was a special order. Well if they have not even started it yet, what is the big deal? But there continues to be advertisement on TV about Becker Furniture and Broyhill sales every week. How can they sell more if they can't even keep up with the orders they already have? Very poor customer service. Very unhappy and I have not even seen the furniture yet.

Original review: April 3, 2013

I purchased my sofa in November 2012 and loved the look. A few weeks, the seat cushions were flattening out. But the worst part is the upholstery threads or fuzz is coming off everywhere covering our clothing with shiny fuzz (and I mean covered) and will not wash out of the clothing. This makes me so angry since our winter wardrobes are thousands more than what this couch cost and are ruined! It even gets in your hair. The cushions look thread bare and are not even near a year old yet. I will never buy a Broyhill again. I emailed them and have not heard back. All I want is a remedy, either it be reupholstering, send a custom slipcover or send someone to get all the shiny stuff off our clothes, etc.

Original review: March 12, 2013

We ordered a sectional on 12/22/12 and put a downpayment on it. We were told it could take up to 60 days to get the furniture. It is now March 11, 2013. Our delivery date has changed four times since I began calling the retailer Klopfenstein in Ft. Wayne, IN about the couch in late February. We were just told it will take another month. We asked for our money back and have been refused repeatedly. This is the worst furniture experience I have ever had.

Broyhill Company Information