Bassett Furniture Direct

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

On May 28th, we purchased ($3K) a custom dark walnut dining room table with endurance finish with two leaves and a custom dark walnut sideboard. After this purchase was made, we had all of our cabinets re-stained to match the exact color of the purchased dining room table and sideboard. On July 8th, the dining room table and sideboard were delivered. The dining room table finish in one spot was poorly done and one corner was crushed on the tabletop. One of the leaves' edge was poorly done as well. The sideboard top had a damaged spot, which they tried to fix before shipping and one door that looked sun-bleached. We expect variations in wood, but this was too drastic and unacceptable. On July 27th, a replacement dining room tabletop, a replacement sideboard top and a replacement sideboard door were ordered from the factory and we were told it would take 2-4 weeks.

On August 15th, the warehouse called and told us the sideboard door was in, but neither of the tops were in yet. On August 17th, the warehouse called and told us that the endurance finish machine broke down and the part was on order from the manufacturer, but the part was on backorder. In early October, Bassett Furniture sent a third party out to replace the sideboard top and sideboard door. These were finished and installed correctly. On October 28th, the replacement dining room tabletop was delivered. In nine different places, the endurance finish was not complete and/or peeling and one of the leaves did not line up with the table once installed.

On November 1st, the warehouse called and told us that the endurance finish is no longer available and we had a choice to have a replacement tabletop made without the endurance finish or Bassett Furniture could send a third party out to try to fix the endurance finish. We chose to forgo the endurance finish. On November 3rd, the warehouse called and told us a replacement dining room tabletop had been ordered. On November 18th, the warehouse emailed and told us that the dark walnut finish was discontinued as of October 13th and suggested a close match in color. Six months later, we still do not have an acceptable tabletop and are now waiting for a response back from Bassett Furniture.

If you are looking for service, Bassett is NOT the place. The couch that was built for me (that fact that they built it was stressed when it did not show up as promised). Now that I need a piece fixed, it cannot be done. I can buy a piece of leather for $47 PLUS shipping (we are talking an area less than 6 inches) AND the area is too much for their guy to do. I'll have to find someone myself to get it fixed. So they can build a whole couch but cannot repair yours when you have a problem. Could not be less satisfied.

I spent months looking for a sofa and loveseat. I finally decided on Bassett Furniture and the Versa collection. I spent $5K on the couch and in less than 2 years the leather started to peel off. I mean, literally peel off like skin after a sunburn. I contacted the Temecula Ca store, where I purchased the sofa, and told them my issue. The customer service department directed me to a leather repair company. The leather repair company told me that there was a defect in the leather as it was not bonded. They pretty much told me it was unfixable. I again contacted the local store and started to get the whole runaround. In the end, I was told that there was nothing they could do for me as did not buy the extended warranty. Then they continued to quote me $800 to repair the one end that looked absolutely hideous.

What if it only lasts 2 years again? I bought from Bassett because I thought they had exceptional quality and the sales lady sure backed that up with words. Why would I need an extended warranty with that kind of quality craftsmanship? In the end, I am extremely dissatisfied with the product and disappointed with the service. I should have bought at Costco! They would have taken it back!

I purchased a $7000 bedroom furniture set a few weeks ago. When it arrived the wooden bedframe had a piece of wood missing from it, my dresser was all scratched up and my nightstand was discolored and scratched. I refused the damaged pieces, and have had to follow up for over a week with Bassett and they still have not ordered me new pieces of furniture and they refuse to. They want to take the old furniture that was damaged and fix it and NOT order me brand new furniture that I PAID for in advance. YES they were so kind as to not charge me another delivery fee when that old furniture does arrive in 3 weeks--arghh. My salesperson Candace never returned my calls from day one that I called her when the furniture arrived damaged, she said she would talk to her manager (Cindy) and call me right back, but she never did.

Her manager is also the same, does not care at all--I, the customer has had to call back several times and to BEG for new furniture that I have paid for, and they still won't order it for me. They will repair it, BUT THE ISSUE is I did not buy damaged furniture on clearance so it can be repaired, I bought new furniture and that is what I should be getting--BUT I am getting damaged furniture instead. That's the best they can do--well their best is NOT GOOD ENOUGH. PLEASE don't buy anything from this store because if it shows up damaged, you will not be able to return it or get your money back and no one from the store will help you. They just took my money and did not want to give me what I paid for. They are modern day crooks.

We spent over $10,000 on our furniture. $8,000 of it was on a sofa and love seat. We bought this furniture in Huntsville Alabama. We only had it a few weeks and we notice that the leather on the seat cushions was wrinkling up like the cushions was sinking in. Called the store, they replaced the cushions. Same thing happened, mind you, we paid extra for the extra firm cushions, so this would not happen. We call the main number in Virginia and they replaced the cushions again. Still the seat cushions are sagging. We complained again, and mind you this is during a six or seven month period. The main office determined that it was because the leather was "soft". When picking out this furniture and talking with our designer, I expressed how we had bought leather furniture before and I did not like the leather sagging and the relaxed look. She did not give us any type of information about the leather we were buying.

So now a year has passed and we have a very expensive sofa and love seat. That is a year old and looks like it is 10 years old. The piping around the cushions, which is not leather at all, it is plastic and the painted that matches our leather is peeling off. Stephanie is the office manager in the Huntsville store is a rude and will lie right to your face. She told us the piping around the cushions is out of warranty and it was not. The warranty should start when the furniture is delivered.

We called 1 week before the warranty had expired. I regret buying this furniture, but I regret more not reading the reviews of this overpriced bargain barn furniture. Oh yes, I should also mention after the third trip of delivering our replacement cushions the delivery driver said they have a lot of complaints on the cushions. The cushions have a 7-yr warranty. But now the store or the main office said they will no longer help us. You have been warned! If you want better quality furniture, I would go to Big Lots!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bassett Furniture Direct?

After less than 10 months of light use my $5000 sofa looks dumpy. The materials are exceptionally poor quality and the warranty service is non-existent. They have told me that my cushions look like hell because of "wear." 10 months of it. They offered that I can purchase new cushions. Do not buy from this company. Expensive furniture and CHEAP, cheap materials.

The sofa and dresser I purchased are poorly made and Bassett has not repaired them. I have now made a second complaint to the Better Business Bureau. The next step seems to be small claims court. Do not deal with this company; service is nonexistent.

I purchased over $8000 of furniture and I hate it. It was delivered in January. The recliner hits the carpet and I was told by a representative that it will hit carpet and should be used on wood floors. It will not close unless you pick up the front and jam the 3 pieces back. Funny the so-called designer was at my home and the carpet was there then. They sent a repair person out that put a washer and a couple of sticky things on the front feet and told me my carpet was to blame and left. I asked for 2 higher front legs, but NO. The sectional sofa is awful. The back cushions are wrinkly and the front of the seat cushions have a ripple in the front. Not a contemporary sofa which is what I asked for. They gave me $350 rebate and a video on how to 'plump' the cushions every month. My old sofa was over 30 years old and the cushions were still square like they were when new. I should have kept it. I never had to do anything to them.

The sales person told me that the cushions were stuffed with fiberfill in 3 sections that would not 'droop' over time. When I went back to the store to complain about the recliner and the cushions the salesperson said 'well our cushions are over 2 years old yours will be even in 2 years too'. Really? I have to wait for the furniture to 'age'. The furniture must be made in China. I took a back cushion to an upholsterer to see what he could do. He measured the thickness and found that it varied around the cushion and that the welting which should be cut on a bias is just part of the cushion which is why it wrinkles and why the bottom corners are hanging down and have no stuffing in them. I guess I am supposed to fix that too. The corner piece seat cushion does not fit the base and the right hand cushion overlaps it. The left one does not.

The right back cushions also overlap the corner piece, the left one does not. Corporate and the North East manager see absolutely nothing wrong with the look of the sofa. I sent them pictures.The corner back cushions cannot be turned around because they put 2 pleats in the back I guess to make it rounded. STUPID! I can't wait until it needs reupholstering so that I can have it done right. I would not recommend Bassett to any one who wants nice furniture. I wish I had gone to Crate and Barrell instead. Bassett will tell you anything to make the sale, after that you are on your own. Maybe I should take them to small claims court and get them to install wood floors so the recliner will work right. How stupid! There should be a warning not to use it on carpet.

4 inches too short on width and 2 inches short on length. Called salesperson. She said it was "within industry standard". I'm not sure what to do? My friends tell me to sue them for a full refund.

I ordered 3 rooms of furniture March 17th from Bassett from Cindy, one of Tulsa's designers on staff, only to discover that due to some unexpected home repair expenses, I needed to cancel some of the items I had custom-made. I felt terrible, but since my funds were limited, I had no choice. I called Cindy and despite the fact that I signed an agreement of non-cancellation, she worked with me and removed several items to get the price into my range, and agreed to keep some of the furniture already on the way to Tulsa.

My delivery arrived today, 32 days after my order, and the deliverymen were gracious, even moving some old furniture to the garage. (I tipped 'em afterward!) Everything was wrapped in moving pads, but 1 item had a nick from the factory. The deliveryman had markers on his truck & touched it up while he was here. WOW! If you need accommodating customer service and friendly faces, this is the place!

Ordered furniture for my home on March 15th and was guaranteed delivery by the 18th. I have yet to receive my furniture and I feel that the company should not advertise custom furniture in 30 days or less if they cannot deliver! Very upset that I will not have furniture in my home for another week and 2 weeks until my mattress arrives! 36 days and counting waiting on my furniture. Unacceptable Bassett Furniture!

We purchased the leather Montague sofa and love seat from Bassett which we received in December 2015. Despite being assured this was quality and durable leather our furniture is already showing considerable wear and tear. The color is wearing off in corners of cushions, scratches easily and cushions sag. I definitely will never purchase another piece of furniture from them, nor will they ever receive any referrals from me. Very disappointed!

My husband and I purchased a sofa from Bassett Furniture several months ago. We chose the style, cushion content, and fabric all right there in the store. The "sample" sofa was very comfortable and we were completely assured that a sofa "just like this one" would be made for us. It did arrive as ordered by us but after some fairly light use, we noticed the cushions sagged and fabric rolled off the cushion core. We contacted Bassett and voiced our concern. Over the next several months they came to the house three times with several new cores each set containing different fills. All still sagged and fabric continued to roll. We now have eight extra cushions in our basement.

Fabric on this sofa is faulty. It stretches in such a way that it cannot contain the cushion core nor stay in place on the core. Seams are always out of whack on the seats and the backs. Final "fix" from Bassett was that we need to unzip the cushions and backs and readjust the cores. Sofa is SO saggy and fabric rolls so bad, that this would be required several times a day.

What we want... our $2100 refunded in full due to faulty product sold to us. What we did... reported them to the BBB. Report is "on file". What Bassett has offered... a tutorial on how to unzip and adjust the core which must be done several times a day. Also, they said they would give us $250. That check has never arrived. What we will do in future... Never shop at Bassett again.

After months of waiting for a standard factory order of furniture, I am so happy I will never have to do business with this company again. I like their furniture but the employees have not been trained to care for the customer. They want your money, they don't care when you get your furniture. I waited at home two Saturdays for deliveries that never came. I finally got my end tables tonight and there is a scratch in the glass. I'm sure it will be nothing but frustrating to get a piece of replacement glass.

We ordered several pieces of furniture from a Vaughn Bassett bedroom collection. Two identical 6 drawer dressers, among other pieces. One dresser has drawers with a groove down the inside front of the drawer as if designed for a divider, visible when the drawer is opened on the top. The other dresser does not have the groove. The distributor that sold us the furniture agreed it must have been a mistake made in manufacturing and ordered us 6 replacement drawers. Vaughn Bassett would not replace the drawers as they are calling it an engineering change to accommodate movement in the wood. If this is the reason, the other drawers without the "eye sore" grooves should be replaced, so that the ridiculous design of the drawers at least match on both dressers. Poor, poor, customer service. Will never purchase again.

In November 2015 we started our selection process with designer Jennifer ** from the Austin, TX store #0301 to choose the best design, color and style for a dining room table and chairs, as well as a new sofa, ottoman and love seat. Jennifer came out to the house and based on the antiques we currently have helped us with a design for the various pieces. We discussed color and scale on numerous occasions regarding the sofa, love seat and ottoman, as well as type of fabric. Once that was selected we moved onto discussing my concerns about blending a custom ordered table and chairs with our French country antiques.

I brought in drawers from the buffet that would be in the small dining room space to be sure we would have a wood color and finish that would match. We also looked at wood and painted color samples and walked the store on at least 5 visits before settling on the right color, style and texture for the wood top to go with the painted colored frame. I expressed many times that it was important that the color we selected, Medium Walnut with an heirloom finish be the same color and texture as the sample table in the store and she assured me it would. I also made it clear that the table and chair seats were the same color and again she assured me they would be.

On December 30, 2015 we put a $3000 deposit down on our selections and told Jennifer that we were in no hurry. We understood that it was the holiday season and we were fine with the furniture arriving at the beginning of March if necessary. On 2/13/2016 the furniture for order # ** was delivered, less one dining chair. We were notified prior to delivery that one of the chairs had been damaged and that it would be replaced.

The living room furniture was unloaded first, and we immediately noticed the ottoman was lower than the sofa and love seat. When the dining table was unloaded, we could tell the table top was not the correct color. We also quickly noticed the leaves for the table did match the table. It also did not match the Medium Walnut with heirloom finish that was based on the sample table in the store, we had ordered. We could tell the color, shade and tones were not just a color variation but a clear difference from the color we chose.

We compared the tabletop to the pamphlet and noticed the table top was closer to Cocoa and the leaves were closer to Coffee both colors in the Custom Dining brochure in addition to the finish being more of a flat almost grayish tone. We also attempted to open the table to install the two leaves, and noticed the table would not expand enough for only one leaf. We also noted the chairs were not the same color as the leaf or table top. We informed the delivery team leader that we wanted to refuse the delivery. He indicated we should call the store, as he was not authorized to take the furniture back.

We contacted the store and spoke with Jennifer **. She informed us they could not take back the furniture and they would work with us. She asked we bring in a sample of the problems so they could look at them. We accepted delivery with the understanding the problems were not rectified. As we looked closer at the table and noted the heirloom finish on one half of the table is different than the other half. You can feel the different when running your hand over it. In addition, the two halves do not fit together properly, as they are slightly offset so there is no smooth transition from edge of one half to the other.

We then examined the sofa and love seat and noticed one corner of the sofa had softer spring tension than the rest of the furniture. The softness was so bad that anyone who sits in that corner immediately rolls towards the left rear corner. The opposite side did not have this problem. Also, the ottoman was only 16 high and it was supposed to be 19 high according to the dimensions of the standard ottoman we ordered. It was specifically ordered to match the height of the sofa and love seat.

We immediately brought a leaf, chair and furniture sample into the store within 2 hours of delivery. Jennifer, who placed the order, quickly noted the colors were not what she thought they should be. She also brought out the sample we used to pick our color and noted they were not close. This would indicate it is not a slight color variation that comes from stain or protective coating application. Jennifer informed us she would notify the customer service manager. On 2/15/2016 the Customer Service Manager Tammy ** contacted us via email. We arranged a time for her to come to our home to view all the problems. A date and time were established and then she cancelled on that day. She indicated she would refund the delivery fee due to the inconvenience, which to this day has not been credited.

On 2/25/2016, Tammy and Jennifer came to our home to look at the furniture. They brought out the 4x4 color sample we used to make our selection. Tammy took pictures of the problems and commented that colors did look different in addition to the table not opening to accommodate the two leaves. She also agreed the table halve edges do not line up. She also acknowledged the ottoman was not the correct height and the softness of one side of the sofa.

Tammy also asked if we were willing to work with them to resolve this issue. Tammy also asked us to send her all the pictures we had taken. She said she would submit a claim and asked if we would be willing to have the items replaced. We indicated we would be willing to reorder but would want to re-select the color due to the huge discrepancy between the sample colors and the product we received. She said that would likely be the best solution. She also coordinated for a technician to come out and repair the springs on the sofa and level the chairs. There were several email exchanges over the next week discussing which color would be a better option to achieve a color closer color to what we originally wanted. We were not sure if the selected color would be similar to the samples. We were encouraged to come into the store to make selections.

On 3/2/2016, we were contacted by Eveleen ** who said she was taking over the claim. She asked us to resend all the pictures we had in PDF format because the factory could not accept pictures in the jpeg format. We asked about the pictures we sent Tammy and the ones Tammy took and Eveleen told us she didnt know anything about those. She said the factory needs new ones to process the claim. We reformatted the pictures and sent them to Eveleen. For the next 10 days, we inquired about the status, and were told they were waiting on the factory. When we asked if the factory was making a decision based on the pictures, we were informed that they didnt know the process and could not verify how the decision was made. This was obviously to cover themselves knowing full well that it was the case.

On 3/13/2016 we were notified by email that the factory rejected our claim saying it was a normal color variation and there was nothing else they would do. We were also informed the ottoman that we were told would be reordered, will not be reordered. We were informed they would send out the proper rails so the table would accept two leaves.

This is unacceptable; especially since the decision is based on pictures, which clearly show the variations. Everyone who came to the house could immediately see the various color differences. We could understand the color variation of the leaves and the table top was the same colors, but they are of different tones and shades. We have not received anything in writing indicating the reason for the rejection. There is nothing in writing why someone felt the ottoman which is 3 lower than specified in the brochures is also acceptable. That is purely false advertising of products dimensions. It is clear that the quality control is at the very least lacking in the factory. We have yet to be contacted by anyone at the district or corporate level with any explanation. If we had seen how many complaints there were about the customer service at Bassett we never would have purchased from them.

I had a new Sealy Posturepedic mattress delivered June 6, 2015. In less than 6 months there was an indention in the upper part of the mattress that rendered the bed uncomfortable. I called the store and they sent a technician out to check it. It was reported to have a 1 3/4" indention. This was apparently not large enough to be replaced by the manufacturer. (I find that hard to believe considering the mattress was only 6 months old.) The store refused to make it right. I was offered $150 toward a new mattress. Why would I buy anything else from them? Still mad!

What a waste of time! We were in Bassett after being to nearly every furniture company in the metroplex to find the perfect sectional for our new house. We fell in love with their Sutton sectional. The model on the floor was listed for $4,199. It was about a grand more than we were seeing at other stores, but it was comfortable. We wanted to go back to some of other stores to compare our new front runner against what we had seen elsewhere. We got the price of what the sectional would cost with the fabric that we liked. Before we left, Jesse ** (our salesperson) let us know that this next Saturday the couch would be 30% off! So we did the math in our head and said out loud that it would be around $3k? Jesse nodded in agreement.

We were very excited because we found a couch that was exactly what we were looking for. We came back the next day after we got a chance to see the other couches. Nothing compared to the Sutton. Jesse was not in. A new salesperson who spoke broken English waited on us. We went through a couple colors to make sure that we picked the color that would go best. This was an ordeal as most of the fabric choices look like they have been in the catalog for about 40 years. After nearly 2 hours of finding bigger samples compare at and looking at them throughout the store (since the lighting is terrible in there) we found the perfect color. Our sales associate came back with the final quote. She told us $5,100! We were shocked!

How does the price go up $2k by changing the cloth to a different cloth. She then went through to explain that the number that we had seen ($4,199) was a 25% off price. The sale next weekend would just be another 5% off of that. Not 30% off of the price as Jesse had lead us to believe. Suffice it to say, we felt duped. We told him our budget and we had no business looking at a $7k sectional (My fiance and I collectively make well into the 6 figures). You can get much better products for much less money in the metroplex. Jesse pulled a classic sleazy sales move and keeps the negative salesperson stereotypes alive and well. Do not waste your time or money with Bassett.

I purchased a sectional from Bassett on 5/12/11. The total ended up being $6,518.04 (this included tax, delivery and their furniture "protection" plan). Basically, soon after I got the sectional, I noticed that the fabric would fray, leaving a piece of broken fiber. Honestly, I didn't realize this was a flaw in the fabric, because I had owned leather furniture for quite some time. Fast forward about three years. The fabric now is saggy and looks like an unmade bed. All of the back cushions have started to separate and look lumpy and are no longer comfortable. It's awful. I dealt with this for awhile, but decided to call when mother-in-law noticed how bad it looked and told me I should contact the store and see if/what could be done.

On 12/21, I contacted the "service" manager (a better name would be NO service manager) and she told me to send pictures. I did. I have heard NOTHING since then. I have tried calling, leaving messages, sending emails and even getting on a Bassett website to see if I could get service, and NOTHING! Last weekend I went to furniture store that recently opened up in my area and asked them what I could do about the sectional. The guy reviewed the pictures and asked me if I had had the fabric treated. I said, "Yes, as Bassett recommended it." He informed me that could be the issue with my fabric. He said the chemicals can cause fabric to break down, and clearly from the photos, he said that fabric had clearly broken down (failed). So much for "Fabric Protection Plan".

I did not expect Bassett to give me a refund or even "resolve" this issue. What I did expect, at the very least, was a phone call. I realize I've had the furniture over 4 years, but honestly, as much as I paid, I expected it to last at least 10. I also live in a rural area, 225 miles from the Bassett store. I think if I would have lived closer, I would have brought the cushions to the store and showed them in person. I would have liked the opportunity to ask a professional (at the store where I purchased it) about having it reupholstered and the cost involved. I was hoping that maybe they had someone they could recommend and maybe offer discounted price. Instead, I got nothing.

I would not recommend shopping at Bassett. The furniture is very expensive and looks great, at first, but if there is an issue, don't expect them to stand behind their product. My husband and I had decided to pay a little more because we chose cloth instead of leather, but we did not get the quality or the service that we paid for. Buyer beware.

I would like to warn people about purchasing from Bassett Furniture. We purchased a dining table from them and a little over a year after receiving the table the finish began to wear off. I contacted the store where the purchase was made and was referred to a "customer service representative". The representative strung me along for close to six months telling me she was "looking into it" but never provided any solutions to the problem and only responded to me when I initiated the conversation. In disgust, I wrote a letter to Bassett corporate from who I never received a response. I went back to the salesman who sold us the table and he investigated and finally told me there was nothing they could do because the table was beyond the 1 year warranty when I first contacted them and since I did not buy an extended warranty there was nothing they could do.

I don't know about you but I have owned several dining tables and have never had the finish wear off and this is on a table in a vacation home so is only used sporadically. I would think Bassett would be concerned about the quality of their products and seek to remedy the situation if not for me then at least for future customers. The "bone" that was finally thrown my way was that I could bring the table back to Bassett and they could see what they could do about the finish at my expense. Yah, like I am going to bring my table from across the state back to Bassett so they can refinish it?! How long will that take?! Forget it! I am done!

Spent over $10,000 on living room furniture and from the day it was delivered in 7/2015. It has been a nightmare. We ordered and paid for extra firm cushions and a few were very soft. It took several months to get the correct cushions. They would send the wrong product over and over again. Meanwhile, we noticed that the cushions had indentions from where we sat. They finally got the correct cushions in and after one day of use, the "extra firm" cushions had the indentions too. After replacing the cushions AGAIN, the same indentions in the replaced cushions.

Called the corporate office and complained, they replaced the cushions AGAIN. The same problem with indentions. We were told that there is a 7 year warranty on cushions when we bought the furniture. We are now told after owning this junk for 6 months that the store will not help us and corporate will no longer replace the cushions. Bassett may have been quality furniture in the past, but not now. What is worse they do not stand behind their product.

The dinette table has a flaw on the surface woodwork that showed up about 30 days after we purchased it. We contacted Bassett concerning the problem and they sent a man out to look at the table. Bassett called us this morning and says there's nothing they can or will do about it. We're very disappointed in Bassett after purchasing over $15,000 of furniture there this past year. Bassett is a very unprofessional company and does not honor their craftsmanship. Once they have your money, you are history. They could learn a few lessons in Customer Focus.

Purchased a leather recliner from Bassett for over $1200. Within the warranty period the color on the arm and several other areas was coming off. A service person came out and applied coloring to the leather and that covered the areas. A month or so later the color began to come off in other spots. The store manager said they would refund some of my money towards a store credit. I don't think that the quality of the leather is any good and that Bassett should check into their supplier. I also feel I should get a complete reimbursement for the recliner and they should take it back. I've bought other leather recliners and used more frequently and this has never happened. I will never buy any leather product from Bassett again.

I ordered a couch from Bassett Furniture in Jan. of 2015. The store service was good and it arrived on time & looked very nice. However after about three weeks, I noticed that the foam was losing support. I brought one of my cushions into the store and replaced the store model cushion with my (three week old cushion). I asked the sales people to compare the cushions. They were shocked at the difference. Bassett Furniture handled the situation by having someone come out and replace the foam. Unfortunately, they replaced it with the exact same foam (which lost support after 3 weeks again). After having the couch for a year, I am very dissatisfied. It is uncomfortable to sit on for more than 20 minutes. My next step is to buy replacement foam from an outside company.

I ordered a dining room table, four side chairs, two arm chairs, and a buffet - total cost about $6,000. They had the table and four arm chairs in stock. They did not have the arm chairs in stock. A comfortable arm chair is most important to me. Since the store did not have any of the arm chairs in stock, I tried other arm chairs from a different line. I was not impressed by what they had in stock. I was told by the salesperson that what I was ordering was superior and that if I did not like it when it was delivered that they "would make it right" and that I could return everything.

A few weeks later, even though I had not taken possession of the furniture, I asked to take a side chair home to demo it, both for looks and comfort. Two hours in the chair convinced me that these chairs were not for me. The next day, we returned the chair to the store and told them we did not want the set. Remind you, none of this furniture had come in, none of it was delivered, it was not a custom set. It was from stock at their warehouse in Los Angeles. They charged me a restocking fee of close to $600. No amount of appeal or appeasement would change their minds. I will never do business with Bassett again. Perhaps you need to consider these things before you place your trust in the Bassett brand.

I purchased the Kennedy Sofa in the gray fabric. The sofa is a little over a year old and the fabric has frayed terribly. After a few months it looked tacky. I called and the manager sent a guy over to use a razor to cut the peeling off. He told me the fabric would "shed" and then be okay. Not happening -- the fabric looks as if the sofa is 10 years old! No kids -- just a grown adult using this piece. After this experience I would never buy Bassett again!

Leather sectional purchased from Bassett showed excessive wear. We contacted them and they said that they would send someone out to take a look. Someone eventually did and they proceeded to put dye on the affected area. Looked great for about 2 days, then back to what you see. Called the store again and they said since it was past warranty (it wasn't when we first started this). There was nothing else they could do and that leather was a natural fabric and this should be expected. WOW! I don't think cowhide comes dyed dark brown. Don't ever buy leather from Bassett, EVER!!! It won't last and they don't stand behind their products!

I went to Bassett Furniture in Greensboro NC to find a (sofa & chair). My consultant (Allison **) made me feel very welcome. She was very interested in my options and thoughts regarding all of the patterns they had to offer. I am hear to say, they look great and the furniture is extremely comfortable. My process from beginning to end was spot on between my experience with Allison and the delivery drivers I will definitely recommend Bassett Furniture in the future.

We were lured to what we thought was going to be a pleasant experience. We were approached by a salesperson (normal). Every recliner we looked at was priced, but with the wrong price. Everything on recliner was an upgrade. Several hundreds of dollars more, for what was displayed. I finally was answered about 50% off sale. You must spend $2000, on something else first. What a ripoff. It also seemed that the prices on recliners were bumped up quite a lot, to cover this bogus sale.

Consumer Increased Rating!

My credit has now posted to my account. According to the regional manager the problem arose as a result of a new administrative assistant and was a training issue which has now been resolved.

Dennis of Louisville, KY on

Original Review

I ordered two chairs in the store on 7/10/15. I found the same two chairs on the Bassett website for $300.00 less so I cancelled my store order on 7/12/15 which was within the time period given (72 hours) to change my mind. The store refused to match the online price. My so called sales agent was incompetent, rude (she hung up on me) and condescending. It is now 7/25/15 and all I get is a run around concerning my credit. The VA office says it's a store issue and the store says it's a bank issue. I'm out over $1000.00 at this time with no results from anyone. I think this delay is simply because someone lost a commission on my sale. I have filed a BBB complaint and I'm in the process of filing a complaint with the KY Attorney General's Office of Consumer Affairs. It's a shame that a Company with a former excellent reputation like Bassett has changed so much for the worse. Never again.

Bassett Furniture Direct Company Profile