2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.38/5

Bassett Furniture Direct Reviews

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

I bought a showcase from Bassett over 15 years ago and it still looks great with no signs of wear or fading. Recently I had the opportunity to visit one of their stores recently out of nostalgia and it was well-kept with great lighting and tasteful, high quality furniture. The salespeople were courteous and helpful. I will recommend this place to my kids when they get out of college since their furniture will last their entire life.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

The salespeople are very knowledgeable about furniture. They are very resourceful in helping you find the best furniture for your house. They offer different options in material and colors and placement of your furniture. But Best of all is the quality of the furniture which last for years! I bought a bedroom set which still looks like new 12 years later. And the living Room set has withstood 12+ years of kids and dogs and fat people... And still Great! My Dining Room set still has the same chairs and the same glass! It's kind of pricey but it's worth every penny!

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I have shopped on separate occasions over a number of years for a dining room set with sideboard, kitchen chairs, and living room furnishings, including leather chairs, lamp, coffee table, side table, framed art, mirror and 2 area rugs. Each sales associate that assisted me was helpful, accommodated my special requests, offered design advice to suit my style, color preferences and budget. Bassett also offers finance options, and warranties. I damaged a side table during the warranty period and a repair person was sent immediately to repair the finish. I have only 1 room remaining that I need to update, and I plan to return to Bassett again.

Original review: April 8, 2020

Bought a custom dining table and 6 chairs in Oct. 2017. The finish was spotty and incomplete so I sent it back for "repair" right before the warranty period was up. Got it back around the holidays, but noticed a faint ring on the "repaired" side where it looked like a quart size can had been. Didn't have time to send it back due to company coming for the holidays, but should have. The table did not get a lot of use in a household with only 3 busy adults, but over the next 6 months every time we would use it I would notice a new scratch. Only on the side they had repaired. I took pictures back to the store where I purchased in Oct. 19, but they said they couldn't do anything due to it being out of warranty.

The table has continued to get more awful with each use - I have to cover the top in order to use without damaging. It is obvious the repair was not completed and there is no protective top coat on half the table. Thought I would give customer service one more chance before starting over with a new table or an expensive refinishing, but to no avail. This pains me because I waited 20 years for this new table and chairs and I went to Bassett because my previous, way less expensive set lasted me those 20 years and I loved the quality. No more! Buyer beware!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I recently purchased a large couch through Bassett. It was very expensive and I wanted to protect my purchase. Jodi was very helpful in designing my couch and she was also very helpful in convincing me to purchase the furniture warranty, especially because we had gotten a new dog. Well, my dog got to one of the cushions. When I called about the warranty, I was suddenly told there is a no “Paws, Claws or Jaws” coverage. This is completely opposite of what I was told, otherwise I would have not purchased the warranty. Be very wary when dealing with the sales people...they get you coming and going. Always read the fine print...lesson learned. Very disappointed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bassett Furniture Direct?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Have bought from them several times. Every time there is a problem. Just received my sofa. It was $2400. There is not enough filler in the back pillows. They have not responded to my issue. Will never ever buy from this company again. Buyer beware.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Bought a 8000 dollar leather couch 2 years ago. Cynthia, the salewomen was kind and efficient. The only problem is she did not inform us of the problem with the leather back cushions. We have since learned that these are sewn on to the back of the couch and Bassett DOES NOT finish the back of leather seat cushions. This would not have been a problem, if just over one year into our use of this couch, the back cushions began to pull away. The seams separating. So I call their customer care and I am informed that "Yeah, this happens to the leather cushions. Each time a person sits down and leans on the back cushions they pull down and will separate at the seams". THIS IS PER THE customer care guy!!!! Ok, so let's fix this. Bassett will send a their guy to fix but WILL NOT PAY TO HAVE IT DONE. I HAVE TO PAY over $300 to get the seams resewn!

Mind you, we have no young children and only adult using this couch. Our $1000 American Furniture Warehouse couch we use downstairs that gets abused by adults and dogs in in better shape. I wish I would've been advised of this problem. I guess anything to make a sale. I wonder if Cynthia will give me some of her commission on my $10,000 furniture purchase from her to pay for the sewing? Doubtful.. Save the headache. Go to American Furniture warehouse. You'll be out a LOT less money!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I ordered 6 custom dining chairs from Bassett. Paid asking price. They were delivered within three weeks. They arrived with incomplete stain and unsanded in many places. One chair had a pull in the fabric. I immediately called the store and customer care. They asked for photos which I sent immediately. That was 10 weeks ago. I had to wait 5 weeks for one of their service people to come and confirm that 4 of 6 chairs were damaged. I have made many calls to Customer Support and they keep giving me the runaround. Received a call a week ago stating they agreed with me but asked for more photos. Sent then and still no response. Emails, phone calls and way too much of my time has been spent on these chairs. The price is high, the quality and respect for my time is not. Very disappointed. Won’t be shopping there anymore.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

I want to start by saying that the employees I encountered at Bassett Furniture Mall of Georgia were friendly, helpful, and professional. Angie, the designer I worked with, spent a lot of time with me working on a floor plan, designing sofas, and picking out fabric. This rating is not meant to reflect on the staff, but rather the quality and craftsmanship of their furniture.

If you’re considering Bassett, just make sure you look closely at the quality of their pieces. I ordered 2 custom-made sofas from Bassett and have attached pictures. The stitching is horrible, there are seams on every single arm, puckering, buckling, and the stitching on the front on both ends was uneven as it got narrower toward the legs.

I can’t believe I didn’t notice this before I ordered my sofas because I’m extremely detail oriented and particular, but when I went back to the store I inspected their furniture more closely and noticed that almost every single one of their sofas on the floor in the design center has a seam on the arm approx. 4” from the back. It’s hard to notice on their sofas because of the fabric they used, but my sofas have the same seams and they looked awful! My designer told me that Bassett uses a machine to calculate the most cost effective way to cut the fabric (saving money); therefore, most sofas have seams in that location. Too bad their prices do not reflect that cost savings!

I was in contact with the store constantly on how to resolve this issue. They assured me they would make it right and wanted to make me happy but that “it was a process”. The other issue I have is that every single time they told me I would hear from them later in the week, I never did. I was always the one that would have to call and check on the status of my complaint/claim. Finally, after 2 weeks I called and asked to speak with the store manager, Karen. She never returned my call, but later that day I got an email from DruAnn, the customer care specialist, asking me to come in and reselect fabric for 2 new sofas. I never did find out what the findings of their “process” were. Their best guess is that it was the fabric I chose (which by the way is still hanging with the other fabrics as an option for upholstery).

At this point, I lost faith in Bassett and did not feel good about working with them or getting any furniture from them. Luckily, Bassett wanted to cut ties with me too because I was extremely particular. They took back my sofas and refunded all my money, except the $200 delivery fee. I’m writing this review in hopes of saving someone else the trouble and stress of going through what I went through. If I would have read a review like this, I would have avoided Bassett or at least gone in knowing what to expect.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

1 year later and I am still trying to resolve my issues with my furniture that I spent over $4000 on. I would never recommend Bassett to anyone. After visiting the showroom and falling in love with a dining room set I purchased it. Waited my 10 weeks for it to arrive only to be terribly disappointed in the product I received. My table looked NOTHING like the pristine table in the showroom. There were big black "knots" all over my beautiful gray table. I was told "it can't be helped." Apparently it can be...you have a knot free table in your showroom. After months and months and months (9 to be exact) of back and forth Basset finally said I could pick out a new table top. The sales person recommended that I pick a darker top so the knots would be less noticeable. I did exactly what the salesperson suggested as well as under the suggestion of the store manager. I waited once again for the delivery only to be disappointed once again.

The darker table arrived and yes, the knots were much less noticeable, but this time there were all these "worm holes" in it. Holes that look like someone went crazy with a staple gun. My gray table had NOT ONE of these worm holes neither did the one in the showroom so never in my wildest dreams would I even think this would be possible. I went back to the store and guess what? Neither the salesperson OR manager work there anymore. So now I am told by another associate that a technician may be able to fill in these holes.

I wait another 2 weeks for them to get back to me and guess what...NOPE...nothing can be done. Now I am stuck with a gray table that I am not happy with and out $4000. Bait and Switch? Put beautiful knot free and worm free tables in your showroom and deliver ones that are the total opposite. Obviously you CAN produce a beautiful product, you just don't want to sell it. It's only for show. Please think twice about purchasing from Bassett.

Bassett Furniture Direct Company Information