1.34/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Bassett Furniture Direct

Looking for a good furniture store?

306 Bassett Furniture Direct Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

We've had two experiences with Basset. Once with a couch and loveseat and once with a sectional. Both times there seemed to always be total confusion from the sales staff from start to finish. It felt like we were dealing with a brand new employee each time. Poor knowledge of products and no real understanding of our order. Every time I called to check or ask a question they seemed totally stumped. Our leather sectional back cushions are all tearing away from the frame after 2 years. We re-ordered seat cushions with new fabric and this has confused the staff every step of the way. So aggravating and we will never buy another thing from Basset.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Save your money and don’t buy from Bassett. I ordered a custom sofa from them and was very specific of the comfort level I wanted. Visited the showroom 6 times prior to ordering. Always dealt with same sales person, and sat in same sofa. Confirmed that the comfort level in the sofa would be identical to the showroom model. Was assured it would be the same.

Sofa was delivered 4 weeks later and it was gorgeous to look at but hard as a rock. Not at all like the super comfy model in the showroom. I reported it to the sales clerk AND the store manager and received the runaround and was told that to put the cushions on the floor and walk on them to break them in. Who does that???! Managed to track down the district manager’s email address after the lack of response from the store level. He simply turned it over to customer service. The Customer service rep was very sweet, but in the end, after them sending a service tech out who simply turned the sofa upside down and also unzipped the cushions, could not resolve this issue for me. This was nowhere near the first piece of custom furniture I have purchased, but I will never EVER purchase so much as a throw pillow from Bassett furniture again. Go to ETHAN ALLEN folks!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Disappointing. After waiting 4 weeks and spending so much money for a quality furniture very disappointed. Two problems: On the Green one the base cushion has a spot there. The green velvet is missing. It is a fabric defect. On the other one of the back cushion corner is out of shape.

Original review: March 14, 2019

Nov 7, 2018 I purchased $14,000 of furniture including a custom upholstered couch for $2600, upholstered headboard, and bedding. As the delivery men were unwrapping the couch I could see huge wrinkles in the front upholstery. I called my sales rep, Gia, and sent her pictures. She first said she would send a technician to iron out the wrinkles. Then said she would reorder a second couch.

The second couch arrived weeks later with the same issue. Wrinkles. I have called the Dulles VA store manager, John **. He said he would refer it to customer service. I am tired of dealing with this. I have asked for the couch to be picked up and a check sent to me since I already paid the credit card bill. No response. Taking advantage of customers needs to STOP! I will not do business with Bassett again. Susan. Reston VA.

Original review: March 9, 2019

Ordered more than $20,000 in furniture from Bassett, including a large, custom-made dining room table. One side of the table wobbles (either through incorrect construction/assembly or damage during transport) but the delivery guys set it up and left... Furthermore, the legs were not properly aligned and installed at the factory that caused uneven spacing at the table top, visible to everyone sitting at the table. We then sent photos to Bassett's customer service, we had to follow-up a week later just to learn that they could not find the photos. Absolutely terrible experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bassett Furniture Direct?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Bought a Bassett Custom Dining Room table and 4 Custom Dining Room chairs in January 2019. The furniture looks good but it's not so good if you actually plan on using it. All 4 chairs wobbled so they sent someone out to "fix" them. The repairman said the chairs wobbled because my ceramic tile floors weren't level. He said that it's not just my floors but ALL floors that have this problem. I was told the chairs won't wobble as long as I don't move them from where he "fixed" them. So now the problem is if I so much as move a chair 1/4 of an inch out of the spot where this guy adjusted it, the chair wobbles. When I spoke to the manager, I asked if I'm supposed to have the repair guy come out to re-adjust the chairs if I move them around for company, she laughed. I was serious.

NOTE: I never had this problem with my other wooden chairs (made by another company). So, if you plan on buying any Bassett "Custom Made" chairs I think you will have the same problem. After paying approx. $300 a chair they simply suggested I get felt pads to absorb some of the wobble. I'm disappointed and very unhappy about the whole ordeal. On the bright side however, my grandchildren enjoy it because they get to "wobble while they eat!"

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Spent $6,000 on 4 pieces of upholstery furniture. I thought I was buying a quality brand, boy was I wrong. I did look at reviews but somehow did not see this site. I don’t know who wrote all of the 5 star reviews I’ve seen??? I will NEVER buy from Bassett again and will tell any family and friends about my experience so they will not make the same mistake!!! The foam cushion is cheap and has broken down in less than a year and my husband and I are the only ones who use it. The back cushions constantly need adjusting and seams on the pillows came unsewn after two weeks!!! Please learn from our mistake!!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

We ordered a custom sofa from our local Bassett Furniture store in Ocala FL for our newly constructed house in Aug.1999. We were looking for a specific size, height of arms, and fabric. They were able to fabricate just what we ordered, and 20 years later is still in great condition. Just recently ordered new foam cushion inserts for the seats, and were able to replace ourselves. No deterioration, no cracks, etc., so I would say very good quality furniture.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I purchased two $1000 recliners in a what was pitched as a “high durability” fabric (polypropylene). Within two months the fabric began pilling. At the end of the first year it was so severe and unsightly that I contacted Bassett’s Consumer Affairs department - along with pictures of the fabric. I was told that nothing could be done, they are not responsible for pilling. Second, every few months the bolt falls off the recliner handle and I have to turn the chair upside down to reattach it (after I find it).

Third, at the same time I purchased my chairs, my daughter purchased a $1600 sofa from Bassett. Within six months she noticed an unevenness in her seat cushion. Bassett reordered new foam and sent it to her to restuff. The job of placing a tight fitting foam into a seat cushion was no small feat. Not to mention that we had to have a new expensive sofa repaired. All in all we are highly dissatisfied with the current quality of the company. I have previously purchased five pieces from Bassett about ten years ago and was very satisfied with the quality. Unfortunately I would not recommend buying furniture from this company.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I went to Newington branch of Basset Furniture 4 weeks ago, places an order for sectional, in 2 weeks the pieces arrived with damage and store knew that it was damaged even before it left the warehouse. Still they delivered it thinking "no one can see the damage to the leather once assembled!!". Anyways - I paid for the new sofa and I won't accept the damaged parts, so I sent it back. Worked with store and waited again for delivery. Another week and half and this time I find out they have delivered a completely wrong item - Left Arm Chaise was delivered when the order clearly says Right Arm Chaise. Extreme inconvenience and waste of my time, energy and money. Poor poor customer service.

Bassett Furniture Direct Company Information