2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

3.7/5 (193 ratings)

About Bassett Furniture Direct

Bassett Furniture Direct Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bassett Furniture Direct?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bassett Furniture Direct?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

Our furniture was delivered defective, and Bassett will not refund us our money back. After 5 month wait they only offer to have the new furniture repaired and refuse to give us the deposit back even though they should waive the restocking fee due to the defects of their products. The sofa cushion are so over stuffed you can't even sit on it. Back cushions are separating due to the garbage they use to stuff it with. The love seat recliner is broken also. They sell very poor quality merchandise and charge you for high end. It is the bait and switch! I would tell everyone not to buy here.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

I bought a Bassett metal bed because I thought "I won't have to worry about the bed being flimsy and breaking if I buy from a reputable company." WRONG. I assembled the bed, and about a week later went to get in bed to go to sleep and "craaaack". Not multiple slats broke. ALL of the slats broke. Now you might be thinking "oh she must be a bigger girl." No, not really, I weigh 150. So I thought, "I'll just call Bassett and have them replace the slats, no big deal." Fast forward 6 weeks later, my bed is being held up by bricks and my slats that were ordered are still "in transit." They must be delivering them on foot.

I tried to have understanding, and patience, but now I can't use my bed. To make matters worse, I asked to speak to the supervisor and they said "she has a couple of calls ahead of you but she will call you back. But it will probably be tomorrow." I'm sorry what? What kind of craziness is this. I even offered them to fix my own bed if they would reimburse me the money. I have had it with Bassett and I will never buy another product from them again. Terrible customer service.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

Ordered a sectional & a chair May 21, 2021 and was quoted 12-14 week delivery. We're now into week 15 and we're just told that delivery will be another 4 weeks. The concept of under promise - over deliver is not happening with Bassett.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I would highly discourage anyone from purchasing from Bassett. This is my second time purchasing from them. The first time I purchased the Beckham sofa was in 2017. After over a year of service, it still looks awful (pilling, staining, deflated cushions). I have no idea why I decided to give Bassett a second chance when ordering my dining table, chairs, and stools. I have had them for 24 hours, and the upholstery on the chairs is flimsy. I can feel the wood from the chair because there is no cushion, in place of foam there is what seems to be some type of cellophane or crunching material.

At this point, I can only assume that Bassett knowingly, either negligently or with malice, faulty, unsafe, and defective products to consumers in order to benefit their bottom line. I am currently seeking a full refund for my defective chairs which feel like I purchased them at Walmart. However, Basset is neglecting to stand behind the quality of their products by offering a refund which furthers my point that Bassett as a company may be crooked and perhaps takes advantage of consumers.

Original review: July 21, 2021

Terrible experience from beginning to end. The designers do not give you the time of day unless you plan to spend a lot of money with them. Terrible customer service. I’ve been trying to schedule delivery for over two weeks. No one calls back, when I do get someone on the phone, I get a run around, a promise to call me back later, and no call back. Just trying to schedule delivery for our furniture that was bought and fully paid for and they are full of excuses. Would not recommend.

Original review: June 28, 2021

I ordered a Bassett Sofa/Loveseat in Oyster Chenille (from a wonderful local furniture store) and was disappointed that they have sunk to the low manufacture technique of gluing skirt hems. The hems arrived "unglued" which about describes my feeling about the situation. Upon further examination... the seams were puckered and piping lines uneven. Look, for a $2900+ Loveseat pricetag this was quite disappointing. I have owned a couple of Bassett pieces and this finish work was sad. At this rate, one is better off not getting a skirted sofa and/or loveseat. I, for one, will not order any more Bassett products. I am working with the store to resolve the situation. They are quite customer service oriented. Let's hope Basset is, as well.

Original review: April 8, 2021

I purchased a leather sectional from Bassett Furniture in 2019, by 2021 it was ripping at the seams! I contacted Bassett but was informed that there was "nothing we can do" due to the fact that there is only a 1 year warranty on fabric and leather! I explained that the sectional was less than 2 years old and this was should not be expected to happen due to normal wear and tear of their product. They asked me to send pictures of the damage but then never got back to me. When I finally called the customer service line I was given the same robotic response regarding the one year warranty....

Why did they even make me go through the trouble of emailing the photos??? They never had any intention of rectifying the problem. This company has terrible customer service and their products are very poor quality. They definitely do not back up their claims of exceptional quality and craftmanship that they proclaim on their website. Furniture is very expensive, craftmanship and quality are poor and not worth the price. I now have to replace a $8000.00 sectional with less than 2.5 years use! This is just unacceptable!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

I just received my custom-designed couch and the color seemed off. I took one of the pillows into the store to compare with the original fabric swatch that the in-store designer and I had selected. The color was different -- the swatch was a couple shades darker (which I had liked when ordering) but the color of couch I just received was lighter. They said there was nothing they could do for two reasons: 1) the batch of dye was likely just a tad off, and 2) the in-store swatch was darker due to hands having touched it, dirtying it over time. They are completely fine with advertising a color and then it not be what is delivered! Unacceptable!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

Very knowledgeable and professional staff. Wide selection of styles of furniture as well as fabrics and colors. Outstanding American made furniture, fit and finish are their hallmark. Lastly, excellent for constant communication on my order status and estimated delivery date and time.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

I just brought my table in September and the table already chipping. Sent pictures in and they made it seem like it was my fault because I have cleaned my table with Windex. I also have received the runaround. When I first made the complaint they informed me someone would reach out to me to fix the table. No one ever did then I called them twice to see why no one called me to set up an appointment. The first time I called a lady informed me someone called me to set up an appointment but I informed her no one ever called me. Someone reached out to me today just to tell me they can refer me to an outside source when they had already informed me they will set up an appointment so lies on top of lies. Horrible service.

Bassett Furniture Direct Company Information