4.0/5 (619 ratings)

About Bassett Furniture Direct

Bassett Furniture Direct Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bassett Furniture Direct?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bassett Furniture Direct?

Original review: May 6, 2022

I bought 2 recliners, suppose to have 5 year warranty on cushions and 5-7 years on frame. After 2 years cushions broke down. They replaced but took forever due to Covid. Within 2 more years breaking down, plus one chair the frame is making a loud noise when we set in it or move. Also causing wear on the fabric. They would not replace the cushions again. They sent a guy out and he didn’t care about looking at the frame. I emailed them and they just said our furniture was very loved??? Haha if it was holding up it would not look so worn, or loved as they write me off! It’s just me and my regular size husband. I would not buy from the store.

Original review: April 18, 2022

I ordered a custom sectional in November 2021. I was told it would arrive in February. Then I was told May. I escalated my issue to management and they improved the date to April 22nd. I had to wait exactly 5 months for delivery.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 15, 2022

I've bought quite a few sets of furniture in my lifetime. The latest, Bassett Club Level Parsons is the worst piece I've ever owned. It has a short seat and the back is so overstuffed you cannot sit comfortably. The headrest only comes forward, which pushes your head even farther forward than what it already is from being overstuffed. The leather scratches very easily. I called Bassett only to be told there's nothing they can do. This garbage is less than 2 months old. Save your money and go elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

I purchased this custom-made leather double recliner couch. I also purchased the extended warranty. Within a couple of years the couch leather started wearing away. One of the cushions was extremely deflated to where you can feel the springs or whatever is in it when you sit down. The arm is separating from the couch. I was told that if I came back to the store when the extended warranty was over if I had not used the warranty or made a claim I would get a full refund for the warranty. I decided to do that and was told that it was not a refund of the warranty but that I could buy another of their items and receive a discount for the price of the warranty. I was completely lied to when buying the warranty because that is not what they said. This couch cost me $5000 and it was not worth that. No way would I purchase another item from them. I refuse to give business to dishonest companies.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

Our furniture was delivered defective, and Bassett will not refund us our money back. After 5 month wait they only offer to have the new furniture repaired and refuse to give us the deposit back even though they should waive the restocking fee due to the defects of their products. The sofa cushion are so over stuffed you can't even sit on it. Back cushions are separating due to the garbage they use to stuff it with. The love seat recliner is broken also. They sell very poor quality merchandise and charge you for high end. It is the bait and switch! I would tell everyone not to buy here.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

I bought a Bassett metal bed because I thought "I won't have to worry about the bed being flimsy and breaking if I buy from a reputable company." WRONG. I assembled the bed, and about a week later went to get in bed to go to sleep and "craaaack". Not multiple slats broke. ALL of the slats broke. Now you might be thinking "oh she must be a bigger girl." No, not really, I weigh 150. So I thought, "I'll just call Bassett and have them replace the slats, no big deal." Fast forward 6 weeks later, my bed is being held up by bricks and my slats that were ordered are still "in transit." They must be delivering them on foot.

I tried to have understanding, and patience, but now I can't use my bed. To make matters worse, I asked to speak to the supervisor and they said "she has a couple of calls ahead of you but she will call you back. But it will probably be tomorrow." I'm sorry what? What kind of craziness is this. I even offered them to fix my own bed if they would reimburse me the money. I have had it with Bassett and I will never buy another product from them again. Terrible customer service.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

Ordered a sectional & a chair May 21, 2021 and was quoted 12-14 week delivery. We're now into week 15 and we're just told that delivery will be another 4 weeks. The concept of under promise - over deliver is not happening with Bassett.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I would highly discourage anyone from purchasing from Bassett. This is my second time purchasing from them. The first time I purchased the Beckham sofa was in 2017. After over a year of service, it still looks awful (pilling, staining, deflated cushions). I have no idea why I decided to give Bassett a second chance when ordering my dining table, chairs, and stools. I have had them for 24 hours, and the upholstery on the chairs is flimsy. I can feel the wood from the chair because there is no cushion, in place of foam there is what seems to be some type of cellophane or crunching material.

At this point, I can only assume that Bassett knowingly, either negligently or with malice, faulty, unsafe, and defective products to consumers in order to benefit their bottom line. I am currently seeking a full refund for my defective chairs which feel like I purchased them at Walmart. However, Basset is neglecting to stand behind the quality of their products by offering a refund which furthers my point that Bassett as a company may be crooked and perhaps takes advantage of consumers.

Original review: July 21, 2021

Terrible experience from beginning to end. The designers do not give you the time of day unless you plan to spend a lot of money with them. Terrible customer service. I’ve been trying to schedule delivery for over two weeks. No one calls back, when I do get someone on the phone, I get a run around, a promise to call me back later, and no call back. Just trying to schedule delivery for our furniture that was bought and fully paid for and they are full of excuses. Would not recommend.

Original review: June 28, 2021

I ordered a Bassett Sofa/Loveseat in Oyster Chenille (from a wonderful local furniture store) and was disappointed that they have sunk to the low manufacture technique of gluing skirt hems. The hems arrived "unglued" which about describes my feeling about the situation. Upon further examination... the seams were puckered and piping lines uneven. Look, for a $2900+ Loveseat pricetag this was quite disappointing. I have owned a couple of Bassett pieces and this finish work was sad. At this rate, one is better off not getting a skirted sofa and/or loveseat. I, for one, will not order any more Bassett products. I am working with the store to resolve the situation. They are quite customer service oriented. Let's hope Basset is, as well.

Bassett Furniture Direct Company Information