2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

3.8/5 (191 ratings)

About Bassett Furniture Direct

Bassett Furniture Direct Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bassett Furniture Direct?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bassett Furniture Direct?

Original review: July 21, 2021

Terrible experience from beginning to end. The designers do not give you the time of day unless you plan to spend a lot of money with them. Terrible customer service. I’ve been trying to schedule delivery for over two weeks. No one calls back, when I do get someone on the phone, I get a run around, a promise to call me back later, and no call back. Just trying to schedule delivery for our furniture that was bought and fully paid for and they are full of excuses. Would not recommend.

Original review: June 28, 2021

I ordered a Bassett Sofa/Loveseat in Oyster Chenille (from a wonderful local furniture store) and was disappointed that they have sunk to the low manufacture technique of gluing skirt hems. The hems arrived "unglued" which about describes my feeling about the situation. Upon further examination... the seams were puckered and piping lines uneven. Look, for a $2900+ Loveseat pricetag this was quite disappointing. I have owned a couple of Bassett pieces and this finish work was sad. At this rate, one is better off not getting a skirted sofa and/or loveseat. I, for one, will not order any more Bassett products. I am working with the store to resolve the situation. They are quite customer service oriented. Let's hope Basset is, as well.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2021

I purchased a leather sectional from Bassett Furniture in 2019, by 2021 it was ripping at the seams! I contacted Bassett but was informed that there was "nothing we can do" due to the fact that there is only a 1 year warranty on fabric and leather! I explained that the sectional was less than 2 years old and this was should not be expected to happen due to normal wear and tear of their product. They asked me to send pictures of the damage but then never got back to me. When I finally called the customer service line I was given the same robotic response regarding the one year warranty....

Why did they even make me go through the trouble of emailing the photos??? They never had any intention of rectifying the problem. This company has terrible customer service and their products are very poor quality. They definitely do not back up their claims of exceptional quality and craftmanship that they proclaim on their website. Furniture is very expensive, craftmanship and quality are poor and not worth the price. I now have to replace a $8000.00 sectional with less than 2.5 years use! This is just unacceptable!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

I just received my custom-designed couch and the color seemed off. I took one of the pillows into the store to compare with the original fabric swatch that the in-store designer and I had selected. The color was different -- the swatch was a couple shades darker (which I had liked when ordering) but the color of couch I just received was lighter. They said there was nothing they could do for two reasons: 1) the batch of dye was likely just a tad off, and 2) the in-store swatch was darker due to hands having touched it, dirtying it over time. They are completely fine with advertising a color and then it not be what is delivered! Unacceptable!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

I just brought my table in September and the table already chipping. Sent pictures in and they made it seem like it was my fault because I have cleaned my table with Windex. I also have received the runaround. When I first made the complaint they informed me someone would reach out to me to fix the table. No one ever did then I called them twice to see why no one called me to set up an appointment. The first time I called a lady informed me someone called me to set up an appointment but I informed her no one ever called me. Someone reached out to me today just to tell me they can refer me to an outside source when they had already informed me they will set up an appointment so lies on top of lies. Horrible service.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2020

I have a one-year-old sofa that is piling terribly. When I purchased it I selected a performance fabric. “Bassett’s performance fabrics are designed to hold up better to daily use. Performance fabrics are a good choice for homes with children and sofa-loving pets because they are easier to clean and more durable than natural fibers such as linen and cotton.” (Bassett) They should NOT market these fabrics as “performance” if they pill within several months of purchase. Customer service suggests using a pill remover every couple months. I shouldn’t have to ‘shave’ my $3k sofa! They sold me an extended warranty but failed to tell me piling is excluded and that the fabric is prone to pilling.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

Dining chairs are comfortable and look great. Unfortunately the wood selection for the chairs have splinters and other localized damage to the wood. Two issues: response to correct the identified issues have not yet been started and are now three times longer that the promised time; the chairs are beautiful and significant room for better quality assurance in material selection exists.

Original review: April 8, 2020

Bought a custom dining table and 6 chairs in Oct. 2017. The finish was spotty and incomplete so I sent it back for "repair" right before the warranty period was up. Got it back around the holidays, but noticed a faint ring on the "repaired" side where it looked like a quart size can had been. Didn't have time to send it back due to company coming for the holidays, but should have. The table did not get a lot of use in a household with only 3 busy adults, but over the next 6 months every time we would use it I would notice a new scratch. Only on the side they had repaired. I took pictures back to the store where I purchased in Oct. 19, but they said they couldn't do anything due to it being out of warranty.

The table has continued to get more awful with each use - I have to cover the top in order to use without damaging. It is obvious the repair was not completed and there is no protective top coat on half the table. Thought I would give customer service one more chance before starting over with a new table or an expensive refinishing, but to no avail. This pains me because I waited 20 years for this new table and chairs and I went to Bassett because my previous, way less expensive set lasted me those 20 years and I loved the quality. No more! Buyer beware!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

I bought a showcase from Bassett over 15 years ago and it still looks great with no signs of wear or fading. Recently I had the opportunity to visit one of their stores recently out of nostalgia and it was well-kept with great lighting and tasteful, high quality furniture. The salespeople were courteous and helpful. I will recommend this place to my kids when they get out of college since their furniture will last their entire life.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I recently purchased a large couch through Bassett. It was very expensive and I wanted to protect my purchase. Jodi was very helpful in designing my couch and she was also very helpful in convincing me to purchase the furniture warranty, especially because we had gotten a new dog. Well, my dog got to one of the cushions. When I called about the warranty, I was suddenly told there is a no “Paws, Claws or Jaws” coverage. This is completely opposite of what I was told, otherwise I would have not purchased the warranty. Be very wary when dealing with the sales people...they get you coming and going. Always read the fine print...lesson learned. Very disappointed.

Bassett Furniture Direct Company Information