2. Homeowners

Rocklin, CA

1.1/5 (38 ratings)

About American Furniture Galleries

American Furniture Galleries Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Furniture Galleries?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Furniture Galleries?

Original review: May 20, 2017

I brought a sectional but when I opened the package I notice it was a factory or craftsmanship defect. I call right there and the customer agent told me to wait 2-3 days but after a week still I don't receive any call from them and I follow up again. Unfortunately they told me that the package is ready for pick for next week in Aurora. I return the package due to poor craftsmanship but when I arrived in Aurora store I notice there is also a scratch in the back side of the furniture and the Store Manager (Imelda) charged me a restocking pay of 15% of the entire price of the furniture. I told them I pay section by section why do I need to pay the whole amount if I just return the other parts? She so rude she don't care the customer, she care only her profit. She don't possess any customers relationship at all. The worst experience as a customer is to talk to the manager that no customers relationships seminars.

Original review: May 1, 2017

On 8-3-13 we purchased a sofa, ottoman and 2 leather recliners. The sales person allowed us to upgrade the sofa to memory foam without adding it would extremely affect the comfort. It is hard as a rock. No complaints on the ottoman. However the leather recliner my husband sits in has developed a yellow stain where his head rests that will not come out with anything I've tried. I called the store, they told me to contact La-Z-Boy and I did - told to use mild Dawn solution and sponge - nothing I've tried will remove it, so almost $5,000 basically down the drain! I do love the comfort of your recliners and will probably buy 2 more with the new I-Clean fabric. We can find nothing else that is comfortable to us. It has taken us over 2 years of deliberating to bring ourselves to spend this large amount of money again.

My husband does not use any hair products - suppose it is just oils in his skin. We were not offered any type of a protection that I recall and assumed any leather could be cleaned. I realize you don't know us or our lifestyle, however, we are just about clean "freaks". In talking with others, I now know this happens often and it is usually men's heads. Time for someone to come up with a solution.

Original review: April 15, 2017

Sales personnel described the units a all leather sectional which they are not, the facing came off the two recliner ends and the company refused to replace them. Went back to American Furniture and talked to another sales person, asked them what the set was made of, and they also explained that it was all leather. The set was in the $4000 dollar range which should have been comparable to all leather sets. We have since returned to the same store and asked about the product with the same answer being given. This being misleading and deceptive business practice.

We have bought things from this store for the past 30 years, this being the first problem but one finally finds out what a store really is when they have a problem not when everything is fine. We also found that when confronted with the problem they become argumentative and avoid answering direct questions shifting you to others on a phone line somewhere instead of in person at the facility where it was purchased.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

A set of furniture was purchased on the black Friday and was delivered to my house on 11/30/16, which is of bad quality. I pointed the bad parts to the delivery people and contacted the store. After a week a technician came and tried to fix the problems but he could not. He called the store manager (Ashley) and two options were given to me. Either someone else would be sent in another week to fix the quality problem, or I could try to find the replacement in the store but I have to pay for the second time the delivery fee.

As option one was not acceptable because I did not purchase the refurbish product. I would rather try option two. So I went to store but could not find the replacement. As the discount time has expired, the store raised the price. Furthermore, the same case may repeat. What shall I do if it happens again. Will I have to pay for the delivery fee for the third time? I decided to request the money back but have been rejected so far.

I talked with Ashley and exchanged emails with the customer service person Maria. However, they never made a try to solve their problem. Their attitude and what they did were very bad. Both of them tried to blame me as the customer and tried to impose the responsibility on me and pay for the problem they created. This kind of store would be sooner or later out of business because they have no idea that there is something called consumer's right.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

My boyfriend and I went to AFG on November 13, 2016 looking for a dining room table for a reasonable price. We found a 5 piece pub table and chairs that we really liked and seemed like a sturdy table. We did not want to pay the additional $85.00 for installation, so my boyfriend was willing to pick it up at the warehouse. On Wednesday, November 16, 2016 my boyfriend picked it up and on Friday, November 18, 2016 he put it together. While he was putting it together they provided us with the wrong screw that went right through the top of the table. The same day my boyfriend called AFG back and told him that he had a defective table. After the salesman "Tom" stopped yelling at him that he did not use the correct screw and that he needed to send him picture to see the damage he said he would call him back.

He called him back and told him that it was his fault and if he wanted to get another table he would have to go to the warehouse and pick it up and have the "installers" show him how to put table together. My boyfriend was very upset on the way the "salesman" was talking to him and since I purchased the item suggested that I call them back. I called and requested to speak to a manager in which a "customer service agent" was not available. He asked if he could help me. I did read the return policy and found out once you pick up purchase from warehouse you have 3 days for a refund. My question was simple – deliver me a new table or give me my refund. He got confirmation that the table was in stock and that it was going to be delivered on Monday between the hours of 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM. On November 21, 2016 at 1:42 PM I received a call from my father in which I heard two people yelling at my father regarding the table.

This is when it got personal and very disturbing. My father is 75 years old with a heart condition. There is absolutely no reason or circumstance that anyone should be yelling at a senior especially over a dining room table. The "installers" then got on the phone with me and started yelling at me on how the table was not put together correctly and that because I did not pay $85.00 installation they cannot put the table together. I told them to check their tone and that I understand what they were supposed to do. I told them to disassemble the old table and leave the new table at the house. Then he told me they had to open the box and show my father the top of the table and then they could leave. I told them that was fine. I WILL NEVER SHOP AT AFG AGAIN.

It is not appropriate to yell at any of your customers and whatever happened to the customer is always right? I am very disappointed on the way they treated my 75-year-old father, my boyfriend, and myself. I am a Legal Assistant and this behavior is complete unacceptable. I have also been in customer service last time I checked the customer is always right. I think that Consumer Affairs need to investigate how they perform business and the quality of their product.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

Bought a mattress a little over a year ago. It's dipping and material is sagging. Interesting that all the commercials on radio/TV now say that mattresses should last 8 years. This one didn't make it 24!. Had a representative come out and look at the mattress. They agreed it was defective. Issued an Exchange Letter. The day that they were to deliver the new mattress they suddenly spotted a stain, which wasn't noticed by the person that came out to inspect the mattress originally. They refused to deliver the new mattress. When I called to complain they stated that a stain voids the warranty, which we were unaware of. My issue is that the stain in no way caused the sagging and dipping, so regardless if stained or not, how does that impact the warranty, UNLESS THEY ARE THINKING OF RESELLING THE MATTRESS.

It should be noted that when we went to pick out the replacement mattress there were several mattresses on clearance that we looked at. We were surprised at the discounted prices until the sales professional alerted us to the fact that the original price is inflated and not what the mattress was originally sold for, that in order to find out its true sales price, there is another price tag inserted in the sleeve that shows what it was really sold for. Upon further discussion the sales rep said that the clearance mattresses were floor models as well as RETURNS, which got my wife and I totally disgusted with the thought that we could have possibly purchased a USED MATTRESS. Isn't that against the law?? If not it should be.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

I went to American Furniture in CA. The salesman that greeted was less than polite. After I questioned him about their ad stating something different from what he was telling me, and that I was told by his manager a few days prior that next day delivery was guaranteed once the order was in by 5 pm the day prior to the delivery date, he seemed upset. I then asked to speak with his manager. It further agitated him. I had to insist that I speak with the manager.

He finally took me to see the manager who was not much more polite than his salesman. I went ahead with my purchase with the clear understanding that the items were available for delivery the next day. Only part of my order was delivered and the manager, salesman or any employee had the professionalism to call me even after I wrote a note on the delivery slip requesting a call from them. At this point I have no idea when the balance of my furniture will be delivered. AVOID THESE PEOPLE at all cost!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2016

We bought a mattress from the Colorado Springs AFW under a year ago, and there is already a huge dip in it (over 3 inches). It has a 10 year warranty, and when the rep came out he took pictures. They called and agreed, but said since there was stains (there is discolouration where both myself and my wife sleep) they wouldn't honor the warranty. When I told him that they never told us about that using it violated the warranty, nor did they give us a copy to say that, he told us that they don't give out warranty copies. He said then that they don't have copies to give out, that it was up to us to find out. I asked to talk to a supervisor. He refused, and then said no matter what that they would never replace any mattresses.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2016

About 3 months after I got a couch, the cushion went flat. The bed, though I ordered a pillow top is uncomfortable. Most recent is the recliner. It stopped reclining then mushed down in front. When what they call a technician came, he changed the focus to the leg rest. After debating me about it, he finally said they could repair it. "Repair before replace" is what he said.

One week after I got it, it started mushing on one side of the seat. "Tech" came out and said it was "wear and tear". I questioned this stating thats not possible one week after I got it back. They are refusing to fix this stating "nothing wrong with the frame" at first, then changed the story to say I am the one causing it to be sloping. I sit in it like I always have and it was not until after the "repair" it began sloping. They are using techs, and not sure why they call them that. It seems to only protect themselves in selling low quality, cheaply manufactured products. It borders on HARASSMENT how they treat the customer AFTER the purchase. Bottom line is I now have a defective product without a willingness to make it like it was before it deteriorated.

Original review: July 15, 2016

We purchased a Sealy mattress and bed from AFW on Wadsworth in Littleton, CO. The integrity of the mattress declined over the next four years so my wife contacted AFW regarding a warranty replacement. They sent out a tech who took pictures and measured the deviations in the mattress which he agreed were obvious. We then hear nothing for weeks and after we call them several times they tell us the warranty is voided due to stains. I say "what stains?". They say stains are visible in the picture and that is that... goodbye. Sealy won't help, say it must go through AFW. A little sweating in your sleep ruins a mattress? REALLY?? You suck AFW. You have lost a long time customer.

American Furniture Galleries Company Information