2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

3.7/5 (170 ratings)

About AllModern

AllModern Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AllModern?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AllModern?

Original review: July 13, 2020

Nowhere when you are ordering from their website does it state the currency is USD. As a Canadian, I assumed it was in CAD. Only on the receipt in very small font does it state is dollars. Only 1 he after placing the order I opened the receipt and then canceled the order. I then emailed to confirm cancellation at the same time and to be safe called and waiting an hour on hold to confirm cancellation. Then a day later the order changed from cancellation pending to shipped! What a scam. I’ll now have to pay to ship it back. Fraudulent to not be upfront about currency and then remove cancellation requests just to make money. I will never order from AllModern or their sister companies again.

Original review: July 11, 2020

I was so excited to find bathroom lights that All Modern stated was for wet areas. Got the lights super early but when I opened the box the lights said dry areas only. On top of that although they false advertised I had to pay to ship them back. I will never order from this site again and I will just say buyer beware!

Original review: June 25, 2020

Please don't waste your time buying furniture from here. The most ridiculous service post sales. Extremely strict and NON-FLEXIBLE policies. They gave me a 10% off coupon code which I applied and completed payment successfully. Then they sent me a receipt in an email with products removed from my cart and guess what! Even the coupon. So NO DISCOUNT and nothing could be returned or cancelled. The dates were updated according to their convenience and they couldn't do anything about it. OBVIOUSLY! All in all I wasted money, effort and 2 hrs on phone with customer service with no resolution WHATSOEVER!

Original review: May 19, 2020

I a ordered a nightstand and mirror on 4/15/2020. I canceled the order and initiated the return the very next day. The dresser and nightstand were rerouted back to the company so they never even arrived. It is now OVER a month later, 5/19/2020, and after about 4-5 phone calls and numerous emails over the last month I still have not received a refund to my credit card. Each time I speak with them it's always, "Oh, wow, sorry about that, you will see a refund in the next 3-5 business days", and it NEVER happens. Terrible company. Will never order anything from All Modern again.

Original review: April 15, 2020

I placed an order online April 2, 2020 for 2 folding Adirondack chairs, they were on sale. Once the order was placed delivery was to be April 9th. Today, April 15th still no chairs and one of them was cancelled. I called customer care. Spoke to Tyler who was very unhelpful. I was told the price was too low. They cancelled my order. They should have honored the price that was on the website at the time I placed my order. Will not ever purchase another item from AllModern or any Sister companies, Wayfair, Joss&Main, and Birch Lane. They have lost my business for good.

Original review: April 2, 2020

Updated on 04/04/2020: I ordered a rug on 03/29. It was going to be delivered on 04/01. I was moving on 04/03...I came to find out their shipping time frames are a lie. On day 2, AllModern had it arriving on time. The date went up from there. It was going to be delivered on 04/06. That was a problem because I would no longer be living here. I called fed ex to see how they shipped. They DID NOT ship 2 day as they claimed. So I call these idiots. The first rep I talk to states there’s no way they can get it here on time. I tell him I won’t be living here when it arrives. He said, he’d call FedEx and stop it and refund me. They send me a refund email, not a refund. They charge me $28.00 for shipping. Are you ** kidding me. It’s not that I didn’t want item, it’s because of their known deceptive practices, I can’t receive it.

Of course I call these idiots back, because I have nothing better to do with my time and money, especially during a move. Of course they are sorry, again. They should call this company “AllSorry”. Anyhow, they claim they are going to refund me, which they haven’t as of yet, which is ridiculous. They have their product routed back to them, it takes seconds to do a refund, almost a week and no refund. So unless you need numerous headaches in your life, I would steer clear of these idiots. Plus, I read a lot of reviews about their products having bedbugs. That’s something I definitely do not want. I bought a beautiful rug at Lowe’s. I had it prior to the move, so furniture could be placed on it, no bugs. Do your homework before purchasing from these scammers. I’d rather pay more, have a better product when I need it, with no bedbugs. Read the reviews. This company is on the way OUT!

Updated on 04/02/2020: I called Fedex and it was not shipped 2 day as All Modern claimed/lied. They shipped Fedex home delivery. It will arrive the following Monday. I will not be living here then. I emailed and requested my money back from AllModern.

Original Review: I ordered a rug. It was supposed to deliver today. Of course it did not. I’m moving in two days and don’t have time to mess with these idiots. I saw the reviews, but I thought how hard can it be to ship a rug. I will call Fed Ex tomorrow. Now there is no tracking information. I emailed Allmodern, no response. I’m going to dispute and order off another site. What a bunch of morons. Scammers. Do not use them.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I ordered furniture for a new home on AllModern, as the prices/selection looked very good & they advertised Next-Day Shipping. After multiple "delays" to my delivery, I'm at about 3 weeks without receiving this order. I have called customer service many times, but there's always an excuse for more delays. Beware if you need what you purchased any time soon!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I took advantage of a Black Friday deal online, and ordered a bed frame and 2 nightstands. Nightstands showed up within a week, but bed never shipped. I waited until after the guaranteed delivery date to say anything, thinking maybe it shipped freight and there was no tracking info available. Was told there were holiday delays and it would ship in a couple days at most. Waited another 2 weeks and nothing. It’s now over 2 months later and I’ve been jerked around by 6 different customer service reps, with a plethora of excuses and promises that it would ship the following day.

They finally provided tracking information, and here I am again 2 weeks later realizing it was a ghost label. They gave me tracking for a label that is not on an actual package, to make it look like it shipped. Called FedEx with tracking information and they have not received that package from the AllModern warehouse. Will definitely never do business with this company again, and I recommend you steer clear also!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

The desk we ordered came with hundreds of small pieces for assembly. The materials were so cheap that once the desk was assembled (which took 4 hours) and we lifted it up to move it, the particle wood actually broke in several places. Cheap, inconvenient, and guess what? No returns once assembled. Such a joke.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

My husband and I purposely chose to order furniture from AllModern because of their guaranteed shipping dates and lower cost than competitors. We have ordered four items...a sideboard/buffet table, two area rugs, and kitchen fatigue mats. None of the items have showed up when they were "guaranteed" to arrive by and the tracking numbers do not update and show the items location. We are so disappointed and upset. If we had any idea that the items would be delayed for this long, we would have shopped elsewhere. DO NOT SHOP ALL MODERN!

AllModern Company Information