3.6/5 (52 ratings)

About AllModern

AllModern Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AllModern?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AllModern?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

I ordered a small runner for my bedroom as I'm selling my condo. AllModern shipped me the wrong item... an 8X10 area rug... and it took them almost 10 days to come and pick it up! It was terrible as the rug was huge and heavy and I had no room for it. It took my initiative to get Fedex to come and finally pick up the rug. Meanwhile, I never did get the runner. If and when I do (it's been over two weeks already) I'll be returning it. They never offered me a discount/overnight of the correct item. Nothing. What a mess and no, I'll never shop this site again.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

If you order something larger, like furniture, they promise what seems like reasonable delivery estimates, but do not be fooled like me! For 4 months I have been kept waiting and hoping but about every two weeks they keep saying delayed again. I have called multiple times. If I had known about their deceptive shipping estimates, I would have never ordered from them. If they do not provide me with a firm delivery date within the next week, I will cancel. I now know who the manufacturer is and will order direct. I will never order from AllModern/Wayfair again.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I'm pretty unhappy with the service.... I just bought a desk on Wednesday. Furniture arrived on Friday 8/31. I noticed last night that All Modern was on sale. I paid $540 for the desk and it's now on sale for $400. After being on hold for 30 min, I asked them if they were unwilling to honor the new sale price and the customer service said that they don't do any adjustments. What a shame! I will never buy or recommend any of my friends to buy any furniture from this site. I will make sure to spread the word in all social media.

Original review: July 13, 2020

Nowhere when you are ordering from their website does it state the currency is USD. As a Canadian, I assumed it was in CAD. Only on the receipt in very small font does it state is dollars. Only 1 he after placing the order I opened the receipt and then canceled the order. I then emailed to confirm cancellation at the same time and to be safe called and waiting an hour on hold to confirm cancellation. Then a day later the order changed from cancellation pending to shipped! What a scam. I’ll now have to pay to ship it back. Fraudulent to not be upfront about currency and then remove cancellation requests just to make money. I will never order from AllModern or their sister companies again.

Original review: July 11, 2020

I was so excited to find bathroom lights that All Modern stated was for wet areas. Got the lights super early but when I opened the box the lights said dry areas only. On top of that although they false advertised I had to pay to ship them back. I will never order from this site again and I will just say buyer beware!

Original review: June 25, 2020

Please don't waste your time buying furniture from here. The most ridiculous service post sales. Extremely strict and NON-FLEXIBLE policies. They gave me a 10% off coupon code which I applied and completed payment successfully. Then they sent me a receipt in an email with products removed from my cart and guess what! Even the coupon. So NO DISCOUNT and nothing could be returned or cancelled. The dates were updated according to their convenience and they couldn't do anything about it. OBVIOUSLY! All in all I wasted money, effort and 2 hrs on phone with customer service with no resolution WHATSOEVER!

Original review: May 19, 2020

I a ordered a nightstand and mirror on 4/15/2020. I canceled the order and initiated the return the very next day. The dresser and nightstand were rerouted back to the company so they never even arrived. It is now OVER a month later, 5/19/2020, and after about 4-5 phone calls and numerous emails over the last month I still have not received a refund to my credit card. Each time I speak with them it's always, "Oh, wow, sorry about that, you will see a refund in the next 3-5 business days", and it NEVER happens. Terrible company. Will never order anything from All Modern again.

Original review: April 15, 2020

I placed an order online April 2, 2020 for 2 folding Adirondack chairs, they were on sale. Once the order was placed delivery was to be April 9th. Today, April 15th still no chairs and one of them was cancelled. I called customer care. Spoke to Tyler who was very unhelpful. I was told the price was too low. They cancelled my order. They should have honored the price that was on the website at the time I placed my order. Will not ever purchase another item from AllModern or any Sister companies, Wayfair, Joss&Main, and Birch Lane. They have lost my business for good.

Original review: April 2, 2020

Updated on 04/04/2020: I ordered a rug on 03/29. It was going to be delivered on 04/01. I was moving on 04/03...I came to find out their shipping time frames are a lie. On day 2, AllModern had it arriving on time. The date went up from there. It was going to be delivered on 04/06. That was a problem because I would no longer be living here. I called fed ex to see how they shipped. They DID NOT ship 2 day as they claimed. So I call these idiots. The first rep I talk to states there’s no way they can get it here on time. I tell him I won’t be living here when it arrives. He said, he’d call FedEx and stop it and refund me. They send me a refund email, not a refund. They charge me $28.00 for shipping. Are you ** kidding me. It’s not that I didn’t want item, it’s because of their known deceptive practices, I can’t receive it.

Of course I call these idiots back, because I have nothing better to do with my time and money, especially during a move. Of course they are sorry, again. They should call this company “AllSorry”. Anyhow, they claim they are going to refund me, which they haven’t as of yet, which is ridiculous. They have their product routed back to them, it takes seconds to do a refund, almost a week and no refund. So unless you need numerous headaches in your life, I would steer clear of these idiots. Plus, I read a lot of reviews about their products having bedbugs. That’s something I definitely do not want. I bought a beautiful rug at Lowe’s. I had it prior to the move, so furniture could be placed on it, no bugs. Do your homework before purchasing from these scammers. I’d rather pay more, have a better product when I need it, with no bedbugs. Read the reviews. This company is on the way OUT!

Updated on 04/02/2020: I called Fedex and it was not shipped 2 day as All Modern claimed/lied. They shipped Fedex home delivery. It will arrive the following Monday. I will not be living here then. I emailed and requested my money back from AllModern.

Original Review: I ordered a rug. It was supposed to deliver today. Of course it did not. I’m moving in two days and don’t have time to mess with these idiots. I saw the reviews, but I thought how hard can it be to ship a rug. I will call Fed Ex tomorrow. Now there is no tracking information. I emailed Allmodern, no response. I’m going to dispute and order off another site. What a bunch of morons. Scammers. Do not use them.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I ordered furniture for a new home on AllModern, as the prices/selection looked very good & they advertised Next-Day Shipping. After multiple "delays" to my delivery, I'm at about 3 weeks without receiving this order. I have called customer service many times, but there's always an excuse for more delays. Beware if you need what you purchased any time soon!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I took advantage of a Black Friday deal online, and ordered a bed frame and 2 nightstands. Nightstands showed up within a week, but bed never shipped. I waited until after the guaranteed delivery date to say anything, thinking maybe it shipped freight and there was no tracking info available. Was told there were holiday delays and it would ship in a couple days at most. Waited another 2 weeks and nothing. It’s now over 2 months later and I’ve been jerked around by 6 different customer service reps, with a plethora of excuses and promises that it would ship the following day.

They finally provided tracking information, and here I am again 2 weeks later realizing it was a ghost label. They gave me tracking for a label that is not on an actual package, to make it look like it shipped. Called FedEx with tracking information and they have not received that package from the AllModern warehouse. Will definitely never do business with this company again, and I recommend you steer clear also!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

The desk we ordered came with hundreds of small pieces for assembly. The materials were so cheap that once the desk was assembled (which took 4 hours) and we lifted it up to move it, the particle wood actually broke in several places. Cheap, inconvenient, and guess what? No returns once assembled. Such a joke.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

My husband and I purposely chose to order furniture from AllModern because of their guaranteed shipping dates and lower cost than competitors. We have ordered four items...a sideboard/buffet table, two area rugs, and kitchen fatigue mats. None of the items have showed up when they were "guaranteed" to arrive by and the tracking numbers do not update and show the items location. We are so disappointed and upset. If we had any idea that the items would be delayed for this long, we would have shopped elsewhere. DO NOT SHOP ALL MODERN!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I can't speak to the couch itself that I bought because I have yet to receive it. The delivery has been canceled twice now. I have never written negative reviews as I prefer to only write a review when I am pleased with a product or service, however, I think that it is ridiculous that the delivery has been canceled multiple times. I am hoping their furniture is better than their delivery service. I am at this point unsatisfied.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Beware of hidden fees!! Customer service manager Gabrielle not helpful at all and not willing to solve issue in any way! Do not shop here! Save yourselves a lot of frustration and wasted time!! They “surprised “ me with a $84 additional shipping fee when everywhere on their site shipping is free!!!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

Early Monday August 26 I was looking at lamps on the ALLModern website. I found one I like that was on sale. I didn't place the order right away, I sent the info to my wife to see if she liked it. After she agreed that it looked nice, I put two in the cart and started to check out. When I was ready to place the order I noticed the price was $22.00 higher than I expected. I went back to the original page and the price had gone up. I called customer service to ask about the price change and spoke to a very nice representative. After a short hold, she said her supervisor had approved the previous price. She said it would include free two day shipping. The two lamps arrived the very next day in perfect condition. I am quite pleased with them. They are better looking than in the pictures and the quality is very good.

Original review: June 17, 2019

This has been the worst online shopping experience. Extremely frustrating!! I ordered samples for a couch over two months ago. After a month of not receiving them, I emailed the customer support email and it took a couple days for someone to respond that they would send new samples with a tracking number. The tracking number did not work and once again I am reaching out to see where the samples are. They called a few days ago to see if I received them because they have no idea what is even going on. If I can't even get samples shipped to my house without issues, there is no way I am going to order anything from them. Especially after reading the other reviews. What a horribly run company. How are they still in business!!!

Original review: June 16, 2019

First off I am not a company shill. I ordered a king size bed frame including headboard/footboard. The items all shipped as promised and arrived in flawless condition. AllModern's pricing was less than the competition's, which surprised me. I completed my order with AllModern then saw all the extremely negative reviews and was leery of when I would receive order. If it would be item ordered and condition upon arrival. I almost canceled my order due to same, but it was really too late. I am glad I did not cancel, and would at this time recommend AllModern.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I've read a lot of reviews I don't understand. I recently had a loveseat delivered. It was as advertised, aside from one leg that doesn't quite match. The box that was delivered had obviously been mishandled at the warehouse. There was significant damage and a lot of tape to try and cover it. I sent pictures and brought it to their attention immediately. I was told I could inspect it or have a replacement sent. I chose to inspect. The loveseat suffered some damage that wasn't awful, but it is visible. They offered a partial refund. Their communication was great and helped offset some bad warehouse workers.

Original review: June 3, 2019

Run away! Products are not as advertised and customer support is non existent. The pictures are not even remotely close to finished product and you will spend weeks trying to resolve any issues. Caveat Emptor!!

Original review: May 25, 2019

Updated on 06/07/2019: I wanted to give an update on my experience with AllModern. Firstly I will never order anything from them or Wayfair ever again. My first package was "lost" then, they sent me a new package and on the same day of delivery for the new package I received both orders at the same time. Started to put together the dresser and of course there is a piece where the screws were stripped and my boyfriend had to do some handy work to make this work. It was a pain! The dresser looks like what I ordered but just the pain in trying to get it here is just not worth it. The customer reviews on the website are all fixed, they don't allow negative feedback. I will never buy from them or Wayfair again and will warn anyone from doing so. I am just happy I received my order and can put this behind me.

Original Review: I ordered on May 4th 2019, received a tracking number and the company who ships to me through their website is FedEx. They never updated their website so I didn't think anything of it because sometimes that does happen but my package always comes through (never have used FedEx but I have no choice). Come to the date of the delivery and the package never shows up. I wait till after the weekend and give a call to AllModern and spoke with someone to be told that my package has been "lost". I have never had a package lost, ever.

They said they will send out a replacement right away. Received a new email and a new tracking number and the same thing is happening. FedEx has not updated their website and it has been 24 hours. I'm going to wait for over the weekend and will call AllModern. Have a good feeling that this package will get "lost". I have never experience this and if I don't receive my package I will NEVER EVER order through them again.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I purchased Bombay leather sofa from AllModern (little over $1000 on sale. Original price $2,550). Product description states that it is Genuine bovine top grain leather, which turned out to be false. I took toss pillow to several leather shops and was told that it is leather imitation. Not a real leather as it is described on AllModern website. Sofa does not have any labeling about upholstery material. I am returning the sofa and when I called AllModern to have a full refund and mentioned why I want it I was told that it is "leather material" and I have to pay the return shipment.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I will never, ever buy anything again from AllModern or its affiliated companies. We have had a horrible experience with them and they’ve have done nothing to try to resolve the issues in a timely, customer friendly way. We ordered a platform bed, dresser and two night stands two months ago and still do not have a bed to sleep on.

The first attempt to deliver they brought the platform pieces (supposedly) and a box labeled headboard that was some weird dresser thing. They said they’d send the correct headboard. No expedited delivery and three weeks later they deliver the headboard, open the box for the platform and find a piece is missing! Again no expedited delivery and three weeks later we are still waiting for that missing piece!

They never call back when they say they will and don’t do anything to try to find a solution. We’ve had to make multiple calls, there never seems to be anyone who really knows the story of what’s happened or where the missing piece is (it was “shipped” and then “lost” somewhere for days). Worst customer service ever and the furniture isn’t that great either. My advice is stay as far away from this place as possible!! Wish we would’ve! Now we’re stuck with pieces for a bed that can’t be put together and a dresser and nightstands with drawers that don’t close fully. Ugh!!!

Original review: April 22, 2019

We ordered an outdoor table and chairs 4 weeks ago (late Mar) and were told it had been shipped at that time. The estimated arrival date was this week. We just received an email saying the product was out of stock and it seems it was never shipped. The email also states that this will not be in stock until next year. This leaves us without an outdoor table and having to scramble to get one at this late date.

Original review: April 16, 2019

It asks for your postal code on the product page and advertises FREE 2-DAY SHIPPING, only to get to your cart and try to pay for it... and SURPRISE! $2,000 Shipping Fee. WTF is the point of inputting your postal code and spending an hour perusing a site looking for furniture thinking the shipping will be free, fall in love with a product and you fill out your address and credit card info, ALMOST click the order button... only to see your total is 2K+. Called their customer service line. THE MOST USELESS LADY EVER. Like she just kept reading from a script. You're not even having a conversation because she just repeats the same canned, pre-written approved response.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I ordered a 12-inch mattress. 1st problem, not delivered on time. 2nd problem, the mattress is a 10-inch mattress (not 12 inches as stated in the description). Called customer service, they said they would pick up the mattress and remove the return shipping fees. The next day, I received an email from customer service stating there would be a $175.00 return shipping fee. I finally spoke with a manager from customer service who was helpful. I ended up keeping the mattress. I did order other items from AllModern without any issues. But the mattress problem, really upset me. I will never order from AllModern again.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Just wanted to warn others out there not to buy Langley Street products. I bought a sofa online from AllModern because it was a good looking couch for $870. My main complaint is the ridiculously bad construction design and runaround from customer service. The main support spanning the bottom & carrying all the weight was made with a flimsy 1 inch x .75 inch piece of very low quality wood. I discovered this after the couch spontaneously broke in half while 2 people (250 lb total) had been sitting on it, not moving. The couch had VERY light use, and I only had it about 8 months. I repeatedly tried to contact customer service - got the runaround from AllModern and was simply ignored by Langley Street. They discontinued the sofa, so I'm guessing they realized the extremely obvious and inexcusable design flaw, but they decided to keep my money anyway. I see it as theft.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I like the shape of the chair and is perfect for the corner of my living area however the color of this chair I ordered is nothing like was shown online as a deep rust color. When we received it was shocking to see the neon orange color! To make matters worse when I decided to send back they are charging me about 100.00 for return fee. I was furious to find out that now this chair is going to be returned they won’t allow me to write a review to warn others! Please don’t waste your money! Plenty of other online stores my husband I have had much better products with reasonable prices.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I have been a customer of AllModern for several years. In that time, I've learned that what you see on their website doesn't quite match what arrives at your home. Their goods are cheaply built, and often very flimsy. I've been sent items which were obviously returned goods, twice. The first was a table lamp (about 3 years ago). When trying to assemble it, I noticed that the threads on the lamp were stripped, I assume, because the threads on the lampshade were a different size. The customer service rep was polite and helpful. She arranged a replacement, and told me not to bother returning the broken one.

The second one (last week) was a floor lamp. It too was one that someone had returned. The interior styrofoam packaging was crumbling; the original scotch tape was yellow from age, with new clear scotch tape over it, trying to hold the packaging together. The carton it came in looked like it been kicked up and down a kids playground, then stomped on. Whoever returned it apparently had a hard time putting it together. The stand was 3 pieces of metal which screwed together. There were 3 LED lamps on it, and the wire was so badly gnarled and twisted that I really didn't think the lamp would work (due to a possibly broken or disconnected wire), but it did, so rather than go through the hassle of returning it, I decided to keep it, and write a review stating my disappointment with the company.

I gave AllModern 1 star on the review, but they didn't publish it. I dislike companies which censor bad reviews, and now I know why all of the reviews on their site were 4 or 5 star. Instead, a customer service rep emailed (and called) me, and asked what they could do to correct the problem. Again, she was polite, and tried to be helpful. I told her that sending out merchandise that others had returned, obviously without checking to see that it was in mint condition, was unacceptable, and that I wouldn't be doing business with them again. Still getting their mountains of spam though.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Constant email spamming which never stops! They automatically subscribe you to emails. They have an option to "unsubscribe", but that does nothing. If you attempt to unsubscribe, they automatically subscribe you again. The amount of unwanted emails they send is ridiculous. I have no idea what makes them think that this type of harassment would ever make anyone want to do business with them. Numerous requests sent to customer service to stop spamming me have all been ignored.

AllModern Company Information