3.8/5 (103 ratings)

About AllModern

AllModern Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AllModern?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AllModern?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

My spouse bought a leather couch from All Modern through the telephone speaking to one of their salespeople. Conditions given by us that it be delivered on a certain date, that the delivery service should confirm and call by phone; also that an email will be sent to us to confirm the delivery date. They said yes to all these conditions and had noted it down on their system. None of those conditions were met!!

All Modern delivered the couch a few days after the call which made the date too early, the company did not call, and did not email nor communicate in any form to inform us of a delivery. The company delivered to a house that was still occupied by a former tenant, they also had intentions to drop the couch on the curbside without any forewarning until the tenant then saw the delivery truck and had them carry the couch to the garage as a consideration.

Our complaints with All Modern have only gotten a tacit nod. They offered to pick up the couch and re-deliver again which we said had to be done as the former tenants needed the garage space. They established an appointment with us and time for the pick up however no one showed, no one called or even sent a text or message to warn us that they were not coming to pick up. They made two senior citizens in their 70's with frail health wait for 4 hours outside of the garage. When we spoke to them to ask, they said the pickup was not approved and someone should have called us but no one did. No apology nor explanation. If you enjoy being taken advantage of by a company that only focuses on greed and has low standard service and quality, then buy your furniture at All Modern.

Their management are incompetent and ignorant - although their customer service people do try to to help you within the limits of their decision-making. The lower staff get the brunt of the complaints whilst their management (middle and higher) hide from facing their faults and incompetence. Be forewarned unless you insist on being treated like dirt.. if so buy from them

Original review: Aug. 8, 2021

They cancelled my first delivery (by email) on the day of, making me lose a day of work. The customer service stated that they cancelled because they did not have all of the pieces. Eventually we rescheduled, hired someone to sit in our apartment for the delivery window. and supervise assembly. The 4 hr delivery window was stretched to 8 hrs. They eventually arrived WITHOUT all of the bed components thus could not assemble. We have yet to receive a follow up with a date despite numerous calls. I understand that supplies are delayed and this may be beyond their control. They have complete control over how such setbacks are handled and communicated. They don't seem to care.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 11, 2021

We ordered a dining table in Jan-it came with the corner smashed in. All Modern stated they would replace the tabletop, so we donated the damaged one. We waited and waited and waited, no table. Meanwhile cost was US $1114.19; we are in Canada, so cost to us was $ 1450.97 charged Feb 16 2021. It is June, no table arrived and no communication from All Modern. I called- I was told the table had been discontinued. They refunded the table US cost, problem is this time the refund in Canadian dollars is $1310.01. We are short $140.96. Have posted a complaint with the BBB, they are giving me the run around- "Sorry we have refunded in full." They owe us $140.96, AND considering they broke our contract to buy a table and we waited 6 months, they owe us the tabletop at the original price. Nightmare of miscommunication and ridiculous service.

Original review: April 23, 2021

This company doesn't include or sell drains for the bathtubs they sell. Getting everything for their tubs isn't worth the aggravation. Wish I had NEVER heard of AllModern and will tell everyone I like to stay away. Highly recommend them to people I hate.

Original review: March 15, 2021

I'm not sure how this company gets away with the shipping they do. First, we ordered a couch that I had been extremely excited about... two weeks go by and there's no update on the movement of the couch on the link provided. I called numerous times and finally after waiting for a month and lots of yelling they call me to tell me my couch was 'lost in transit' and it had also been SOLD OUT after I had already bought the couch. My roommate was able to keep her voice down on the phone so we were able to reorder the couch with them giving us a discount to be able to do so but I still paid an extra $200.

Fast forward, the couch was supposed to be here this morning (thank god). I got an email at 6:00am saying it was the day to be delivered and another around 7:00am saying there would be a delay and to wait another 2 days to hear from the warehouse on a new shipping date. This has been the WORST experience I've ever had with any furniture company possible and I'm not sure how they get away with 0 communication and not letting their customers have updates on their items they've spent 1k +. My couch is supposed to be here Wednesday and if it's not, I'll be asking for a full refund.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

I ordered 4 chairs on a Tuesday, they were delivered that Friday. After delivery I checked their website and they had gone on sale and were much cheaper than what I paid just two days earlier. I hadn’t even taken them out of the box yet. I called and asked them to credit me the difference since it’s their own product. Should have been an easy no brainer. Instead, it was a definitive no. Not only was it a no, but then they charged me $25 to return the chairs so that I could reorder them at the sale price. How ridiculous. So I cancelled other orders I made with them, sent the chairs back and will never shop there or at their affiliates. Aside from the $25 return shipping, I found the same exact chairs on Houzz for half the price. Joke’s on AllModern because I would have paid their sale price and it still would have been more than what I paid on Houzz but their poor business practices just lost two sales and a customer.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

Purchased a dining table less than 3 weeks ago from All Modern and found the same dining set at Overstock.com for $200.00 less. All Modern’s is not to match the prices of other competitors. I was offers offered 10% discount on my next purchase.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

We ordered by phone. Promised delivery in 11 days. Received in 3 days. The 9 x 12 rug was well-wrapped and heavier than expected. 2-person job to move. Colors were true to the picture. Quality as advertised. Would order again and recommend.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I ordered through Allmodern in June. They sent an email saying my order would ship by the end of June. I received emails for 6 months saying my order was delayed. I canceled the order 3 weeks ago and never received my money back.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

I ordered a small runner for my bedroom as I'm selling my condo. AllModern shipped me the wrong item... an 8X10 area rug... and it took them almost 10 days to come and pick it up! It was terrible as the rug was huge and heavy and I had no room for it. It took my initiative to get Fedex to come and finally pick up the rug. Meanwhile, I never did get the runner. If and when I do (it's been over two weeks already) I'll be returning it. They never offered me a discount/overnight of the correct item. Nothing. What a mess and no, I'll never shop this site again.

AllModern Company Information