2.00/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

AllModern

Looking for a good furniture store?

46 AllModern Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 17, 2019

This has been the worst online shopping experience. Extremely frustrating!! I ordered samples for a couch over two months ago. After a month of not receiving them, I emailed the customer support email and it took a couple days for someone to respond that they would send new samples with a tracking number. The tracking number did not work and once again I am reaching out to see where the samples are. They called a few days ago to see if I received them because they have no idea what is even going on. If I can't even get samples shipped to my house without issues, there is no way I am going to order anything from them. Especially after reading the other reviews. What a horribly run company. How are they still in business!!!

Original review: June 16, 2019

First off I am not a company shill. I ordered a king size bed frame including headboard/footboard. The items all shipped as promised and arrived in flawless condition. AllModern's pricing was less than the competition's, which surprised me. I completed my order with AllModern then saw all the extremely negative reviews and was leery of when I would receive order. If it would be item ordered and condition upon arrival. I almost canceled my order due to same, but it was really too late. I am glad I did not cancel, and would at this time recommend AllModern.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I've read a lot of reviews I don't understand. I recently had a loveseat delivered. It was as advertised, aside from one leg that doesn't quite match. The box that was delivered had obviously been mishandled at the warehouse. There was significant damage and a lot of tape to try and cover it. I sent pictures and brought it to their attention immediately. I was told I could inspect it or have a replacement sent. I chose to inspect. The loveseat suffered some damage that wasn't awful, but it is visible. They offered a partial refund. Their communication was great and helped offset some bad warehouse workers.

Original review: June 3, 2019

Run away! Products are not as advertised and customer support is non existent. The pictures are not even remotely close to finished product and you will spend weeks trying to resolve any issues. Caveat Emptor!!

Original review: May 25, 2019

Updated on 06/07/2019: I wanted to give an update on my experience with AllModern. Firstly I will never order anything from them or Wayfair ever again. My first package was "lost" then, they sent me a new package and on the same day of delivery for the new package I received both orders at the same time. Started to put together the dresser and of course there is a piece where the screws were stripped and my boyfriend had to do some handy work to make this work. It was a pain! The dresser looks like what I ordered but just the pain in trying to get it here is just not worth it. The customer reviews on the website are all fixed, they don't allow negative feedback. I will never buy from them or Wayfair again and will warn anyone from doing so. I am just happy I received my order and can put this behind me.

Original Review: I ordered on May 4th 2019, received a tracking number and the company who ships to me through their website is FedEx. They never updated their website so I didn't think anything of it because sometimes that does happen but my package always comes through (never have used FedEx but I have no choice). Come to the date of the delivery and the package never shows up. I wait till after the weekend and give a call to AllModern and spoke with someone to be told that my package has been "lost". I have never had a package lost, ever.

They said they will send out a replacement right away. Received a new email and a new tracking number and the same thing is happening. FedEx has not updated their website and it has been 24 hours. I'm going to wait for over the weekend and will call AllModern. Have a good feeling that this package will get "lost". I have never experience this and if I don't receive my package I will NEVER EVER order through them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AllModern?

Original review: May 22, 2019

I purchased Bombay leather sofa from AllModern (little over $1000 on sale. Original price $2,550). Product description states that it is Genuine bovine top grain leather, which turned out to be false. I took toss pillow to several leather shops and was told that it is leather imitation. Not a real leather as it is described on AllModern website. Sofa does not have any labeling about upholstery material. I am returning the sofa and when I called AllModern to have a full refund and mentioned why I want it I was told that it is "leather material" and I have to pay the return shipment.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I will never, ever buy anything again from AllModern or its affiliated companies. We have had a horrible experience with them and they’ve have done nothing to try to resolve the issues in a timely, customer friendly way. We ordered a platform bed, dresser and two night stands two months ago and still do not have a bed to sleep on.

The first attempt to deliver they brought the platform pieces (supposedly) and a box labeled headboard that was some weird dresser thing. They said they’d send the correct headboard. No expedited delivery and three weeks later they deliver the headboard, open the box for the platform and find a piece is missing! Again no expedited delivery and three weeks later we are still waiting for that missing piece!

They never call back when they say they will and don’t do anything to try to find a solution. We’ve had to make multiple calls, there never seems to be anyone who really knows the story of what’s happened or where the missing piece is (it was “shipped” and then “lost” somewhere for days). Worst customer service ever and the furniture isn’t that great either. My advice is stay as far away from this place as possible!! Wish we would’ve! Now we’re stuck with pieces for a bed that can’t be put together and a dresser and nightstands with drawers that don’t close fully. Ugh!!!

Original review: April 22, 2019

We ordered an outdoor table and chairs 4 weeks ago (late Mar) and were told it had been shipped at that time. The estimated arrival date was this week. We just received an email saying the product was out of stock and it seems it was never shipped. The email also states that this will not be in stock until next year. This leaves us without an outdoor table and having to scramble to get one at this late date.

Original review: April 16, 2019

It asks for your postal code on the product page and advertises FREE 2-DAY SHIPPING, only to get to your cart and try to pay for it... and SURPRISE! $2,000 Shipping Fee. WTF is the point of inputting your postal code and spending an hour perusing a site looking for furniture thinking the shipping will be free, fall in love with a product and you fill out your address and credit card info, ALMOST click the order button... only to see your total is 2K+. Called their customer service line. THE MOST USELESS LADY EVER. Like she just kept reading from a script. You're not even having a conversation because she just repeats the same canned, pre-written approved response.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I ordered a 12-inch mattress. 1st problem, not delivered on time. 2nd problem, the mattress is a 10-inch mattress (not 12 inches as stated in the description). Called customer service, they said they would pick up the mattress and remove the return shipping fees. The next day, I received an email from customer service stating there would be a $175.00 return shipping fee. I finally spoke with a manager from customer service who was helpful. I ended up keeping the mattress. I did order other items from AllModern without any issues. But the mattress problem, really upset me. I will never order from AllModern again.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Just wanted to warn others out there not to buy Langley Street products. I bought a sofa online from AllModern because it was a good looking couch for $870. My main complaint is the ridiculously bad construction design and runaround from customer service. The main support spanning the bottom & carrying all the weight was made with a flimsy 1 inch x .75 inch piece of very low quality wood. I discovered this after the couch spontaneously broke in half while 2 people (250 lb total) had been sitting on it, not moving. The couch had VERY light use, and I only had it about 8 months. I repeatedly tried to contact customer service - got the runaround from AllModern and was simply ignored by Langley Street. They discontinued the sofa, so I'm guessing they realized the extremely obvious and inexcusable design flaw, but they decided to keep my money anyway. I see it as theft.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I like the shape of the chair and is perfect for the corner of my living area however the color of this chair I ordered is nothing like was shown online as a deep rust color. When we received it was shocking to see the neon orange color! To make matters worse when I decided to send back they are charging me about 100.00 for return fee. I was furious to find out that now this chair is going to be returned they won’t allow me to write a review to warn others! Please don’t waste your money! Plenty of other online stores my husband I have had much better products with reasonable prices.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I have been a customer of AllModern for several years. In that time, I've learned that what you see on their website doesn't quite match what arrives at your home. Their goods are cheaply built, and often very flimsy. I've been sent items which were obviously returned goods, twice. The first was a table lamp (about 3 years ago). When trying to assemble it, I noticed that the threads on the lamp were stripped, I assume, because the threads on the lampshade were a different size. The customer service rep was polite and helpful. She arranged a replacement, and told me not to bother returning the broken one.

The second one (last week) was a floor lamp. It too was one that someone had returned. The interior styrofoam packaging was crumbling; the original scotch tape was yellow from age, with new clear scotch tape over it, trying to hold the packaging together. The carton it came in looked like it been kicked up and down a kids playground, then stomped on. Whoever returned it apparently had a hard time putting it together. The stand was 3 pieces of metal which screwed together. There were 3 LED lamps on it, and the wire was so badly gnarled and twisted that I really didn't think the lamp would work (due to a possibly broken or disconnected wire), but it did, so rather than go through the hassle of returning it, I decided to keep it, and write a review stating my disappointment with the company.

I gave AllModern 1 star on the review, but they didn't publish it. I dislike companies which censor bad reviews, and now I know why all of the reviews on their site were 4 or 5 star. Instead, a customer service rep emailed (and called) me, and asked what they could do to correct the problem. Again, she was polite, and tried to be helpful. I told her that sending out merchandise that others had returned, obviously without checking to see that it was in mint condition, was unacceptable, and that I wouldn't be doing business with them again. Still getting their mountains of spam though.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Constant email spamming which never stops! They automatically subscribe you to emails. They have an option to "unsubscribe", but that does nothing. If you attempt to unsubscribe, they automatically subscribe you again. The amount of unwanted emails they send is ridiculous. I have no idea what makes them think that this type of harassment would ever make anyone want to do business with them. Numerous requests sent to customer service to stop spamming me have all been ignored.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I was hosting a family BBQ and wanted to spruce up my house a bit. I was specifically looking for an outdoor patio set that would seat 8. I found a very affordable beautiful set and a few other odds and ends and placed my order of 5 items. The grand total was just shy of $2,000. Well I noticed that as soon as I checked out the shipping date of my patio set changed from June 19th to June 27th. This was problematic as my BBQ was on the 24th and I wouldn't have enough seating without the new dining set.

I emailed customer support on Thursday and got an automated response that I would have someone get back to me in 24 hours. Next day, nothing. I shrug it off and say I'll call Monday. Then, Saturday we got two packages from AllModern! I was shocked at how quickly the first two packages came. Especially because I was notified only one of my 5 items had shipped. I opened what was supposed to be my new mailbox and it was actually some pictures for the walls. That was not what I ordered. I opened the second package, at least it was what I ordered but it was missing a part!

I called AllModern about the delivery date for the table, the missing part, and the wrong item. I told them this was my first order with them and at this point I was not very impressed. The customer service rep argued with me about what I saw for the delivery date online for at least ten minutes. It was rude. She told me there was no way that they would have put that delivery date online because it just wasn't possible. I assured her that I wouldn't have ordered it for a specific event if I saw it wouldn't get to us in time... So I cancelled the order for the table. She snarkily told me good luck finding a big item like that, that would ship on time (I did, thanks Amazon!).

Onto the mailbox, she was shocked I would be sent the wrong item, and comped the charge for it and told me a new one would be on my way. After she asked if I still wanted it, which I obviously did. Then the third object, I stated it said it hadn't shipped on my account but I was holding it and it was missing a part. She seemed surprised at the error again and shipped out the replacement part for me. She was rude overall and didn't seem to care about my issues.

Fast forward to the 4th item I ordered. It was porch lights, so a fragile item. It arrived and before I even opened the box, I could tell it was shattered inside, and I was correct. I submitted a refund request online and it processed. Only 1 of my 5 items shipped correctly. I did get all of my refunds which I'm thankful for but I'm appalled that a company associated with Wayfair had such awful customer service and clearly is run by disorganized people. I do not recommend ever shopping here.

Original review: April 16, 2018

We ordered leather bar stools, and an accent table from AllModern. We had recently moved, so I paid careful attention to ensure the shipping address was filled out differently from the billing address. When we received an acknowledgment from AllModern, it showed the items shipping to the old address. I called immediately. And was assured that the items were still in Canada and could easily be re-routed. Not a problem. I called a few days later, and again, was reassured that the order was rerouted to the right address.

After three days with no further contact, I learned that everything was in the garage of our old address. It was a nightmare, as we had to go through realtors to make arrangements to return the order. At that point, we cancelled the order. At one point, the customer service person had the nerve to ask for our realtor's number as they couldn't reach the new owners of our former home. They promised things were taken care of, and hung up the phone. This is a terrible company!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

They delivered the wrong sink that costs $1300 and returning it back takes week. I tried to contact their shipping company to pick up the item for over 10 days. It's been 6 weeks since I placed the order and I still don't have the sink picked for return and refund. Don't use this company! Huge hassle and waste of time.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I have spent literally thousands of dollars over the years with this company and they're associated other companies as well. I ordered a few things for the holidays. They cancelled my order and sent me a nasty email to not order anything else further that I was not their idea of a customer they wanted to do business with.

How dare them!!! I had workman around my home and had theft of some of my parcel deliveries left at my front door! NOT MY FAULT! I am all alone over the holidays and sick and wanted to have a little Christmas for myself. I have since moved and in an area very remote with NO CHANCE OF ANY FUTURE THEFTS! THANKS A LOT YOU AWFUL PEOPLE OVER THERE.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

AllModern took the airlines' approach of overbooking then retracting the reservation and leaving the customer without a seat. The couch was in stock on the website with a delivery date of 15 December when we ordered on 28 November. Four days before the delivery - two weeks before Christmas - we were told it was on backorder and wouldn't be delivered until 22 January. I called customer service to ask why they didn't let me know sooner and why it was listed as being in stock when it was not. (I could have ordered it from elsewhere but chose AllModern's based on the pre-Christmas delivery date.) I was told that I was just one of AllModern's millions of customers, and AllModern could not keep timely track of all the orders. I canceled the order because I cannot trust that it will indeed come on 22 January. I expect what is described on a website to be true.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Being the type of individual that does not like to order certain things online, especially Furniture, but I did give AllModern a chance (I really like the style of Sectional). Two weeks after my order for a sectional was confirmed and "being worked on", AllModern canceled my order without notice. When I reached out, they were "Out of Stock". The website still says they have the piece of furniture In Stock (really misleading). Customer service was unresponsive and seem that this type of concern was an integral part of their day.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I ordered the 56" Emil 3 Blade Industrial Ceiling Fan from AllModern. I have been a customer of theirs for years and never had a situation like this. The fan was delivered as promised, but I didn't open the box until I could get a licensed electrician to the house to install it. When he opened the box, I saw the wall-mounted control for the first time -- and although the fan is modern, the wall control is a ridiculous monstrosity of white plastic that sticks way out from the wall and is in no way modern or suitable for a modern interior. When I contacted AllModern customer support, they informed me I missed my return date by a few days. That's it. No response to my request that they reconsider based upon my customer history and the situation. No response. At all. I won't install the fan in my home, and I can't send it back. I guess they expect me to throw it away. I would not recommend AllModern based upon this very poor customer experience.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I placed an order with confirmation verbally, thru email and charge on card. Never received the order. Called, was ASSURED the order will be sent, confirmed it was placed... Never received it... Again!! Days later I receive an email that my order was canceled. No explanation, no apology, just "Your charge will be refunded on your credit card."

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I asked for a return because it was literally impossible to put together the furniture they sent me. It would have needed special tools. It's cheap and looked cheap. But it wasn't cheap to buy. I asked for a refund and they said they would get back to me in 24 hours. That was days ago. Never again. I'm going to charge this back on my CC soon as fraud. I'm over these retailers trying to send garbage. 550.00 bucks and 1 entire day of my life. The day I can't get back the money I will.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

We bought two outdoor sets, a rug, padding for the rug and a fan. The two outdoor sets are incomplete, both of them, the Padding is delay 3 weeks. I called 3 days straight because to be able to get a hold off them, you pretty much just have to be on the phone for at least 1 hour because they are understaffed. When I finally got a hold off them I was told they will respond within 24 hours, two days later I had to call back and I was told that it will take 2 weeks before I get my stuff that's missing. Their prices were good but I won't buy with them anymore. Is ridiculously to have to wait 2 weeks for something that should already be here.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

Chair: I ordered a chair for my office and after a couple weeks the "black leather" started coming off. After a couple months it started to look very worn and pieces of material were just coming off. I've contacted customer support several times. Finally after a week I finally received a reply that they wanted more information so I sent them pictures so they knew exactly what was wrong with it. Then they never responded. I have been trying to contact them for two weeks with no luck.

Kitchen table: I have only used my kitchen table twice (we usually just eat at the kitchen bar or on our couch) and the paint is already starting to flake off. We don't put anything on top of it for it to start doing this. All their products just seem to be cheaply made. The prices looked great so I thought I would give them a shot but I would definitely not recommend them to anyone. Their products seem like one time use.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I placed an order with them, it never showed up. I emailed them and they said it was sent to the wrong place so they ordered me another. That got delayed twice so I tried to cancel my order but they said it already shipped so I couldn't. Then I got an email that the chair I ordered was out of stock. How could it be out of stock if it was already shipped and on its way? It's also hard to get a hold them, terrible company.

Original review: June 24, 2017

I ordered this item at what I thought to be a great price. After the estimated arrival date expired I contacted the company to obtain a status on my new couch. It took 3 days to get an update that my sofa had been lost in transit. No solution was offered. It is ironic that since I purchased my sofa that the price has gone up drastically. I expect this company to fulfill my order and compensate me for my experience and inconvenience. We'll see what happens, I have no expectations. I do know for sure that I will never recommend them to anyone I know. I was really excited about receiving this product and very eager for it to arrive. I have since spoken with several people that have had the same nightmare experiences with this company.

Original review: June 16, 2017

I ordered an end table via AllModern, and when it arrived, it was badly damaged on the front, sides, and bottom. It is packed well and looked intact on arrival, so I was shocked to see how badly damaged it was when unboxed. Customer service was accommodating and shipped a new unit with no charge to me, but I was responsible for donating or disposing of the original order. The replacement just arrived and is in worse shape than the first order. The issue must be within the dispatch and handling, as this unit appears to have been dropped out of an airplane at 30,000 feet, and then run over by a sharknado. Now I have two end tables I have to hire a car to dispose of, as they are not in useable condition for donating. I am currently wasting away on hold and hope it's not too much more of a hassle to have my money refunded.

Original review: May 31, 2017

I ordered a sectional sofa which was suppose to be delivered in 2-3 weeks. It was delivered in 5 weeks! Only one part of the sectional was delivered and the other half is still missing. They initiated a search for it and told me I should get answers in 5-7 days. Well, more than 7 days later they still don't have answers and they don't know how long it will take.

Original review: May 25, 2017

Stay away from Wayfair and AllModern. They sell overpriced items not in stock. Ordered 4k worth of patio furniture in mid-April 2017. Originally said in Stock and would be delivered in a week. Then it was back ordered until June 1st. Called to see if this was accurate and assured this was latest date. Logged back in and discovered new date of June 15th. Customer service was incompetent and always deferred to warehouse. Finally, it was again moved to June 20th and I canceled. Also, they DO NOT update their Website. Still shows in stock... Only 10 left... What a joke! The headache and price is not worth the hassle, regardless of how good it looks. Shop elsewhere!

AllModern Company Information