AllModern

Stars Rating

• 31%
  • 69%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AllModern?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AllModern?
    Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed April 15, 2024

We've purchased a couple of other items from them in past few months for our new home. Be prepared to wait a long time for delivery. Last item (shelves) we waited 8+ weeks, then they shipped wrong color. Now waiting another 4 weeks.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed April 8, 2024

When I selected my product online it clearly said two items and is why I selected it. I received one. Customer service was indifferent and rude even the supervisor. I was told I had only selected one item which is not correct. It was a set of two. I know what I did and selected. I looked at these pots and priced them for a few days. I was clear on one pot or set of two. They were unwilling to admit it may have been their system. Now the item is more to purchase again and it was cheaper in a set and no accommodations to work with me. They have absolutely no concern you. I will never buy from this company again.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPunctuality & SpeedStaffProcess

Reviewed Dec. 11, 2023

Please think twice before purchasing furniture from ALLMODERN. Sharing my experience to help others and hopefully educate Wayfair so they can actually do something to help prevent this experience from happening to other customers. I placed an order for the Barclay bed September 2023. The bed comes with white glove delivery/install service as part of the purchase. I received an order confirmation and a few weeks later was sent a note to schedule delivery/install. This part of the process worked well and then the nightmare began the day the product was to be delivered.

The delivery team arrived within their window and upon arrival asked me if I had received a box that had supposedly been shipped directly to my home. I had said no and was confused because I had thought the delivery team would have the product with them since they were there to install. The delivery team told me that had only part of the product that one box out of three was missing and should have been delivered to me directly. The gentlemen told me he could not assemble the bed without the third box. I called customer care on the spot. They told me they would investigate and re-order the missing parts. The delivery team left me with the two very large boxes (they did offer to place in my garage).

A few weeks go by, and I heard nothing, so I called customer service again. The person I spoke with asked me if I was confident, I didn’t have all the parts as it was strange delivery team would have been dispatched to assemble without all the parts. I said, I cannot confirm because I am not a product specialist, and I am not familiar with All Modern product to know what I should or should not have.

The agent looked up my order and, in the order, shipping details it noted that the delivery would include three boxes. One box delivered to my home and the other two would be delivered at time of assembly (like the delivery team had told me). The agent then said it could be (not confirmed) possible the product was shipped in only two boxes instead of 3 like the order confirmation described. The agent said some of the beds have a hidden compartment and that the extra pieces are stored there. Then asked me if I knew if the headboard had the hidden compartment with the missing pieces stored. I let the agent know that the boxes were big and heavy, and I could not safely open to look by myself. I was then told that the only way to fix this is to open the boxes and itemize all the parts to determine If I have everything needed to assemble the bed.

I then attempted to move the boxes and open them and then pulled my back out. In pain and frustration, I called customer care again and could not locate ANYONE who could confidently tell me if I had everything I needed. I then had to wait and ask my son and husband to pull everything apart piece by piece in my son’s bedroom to itemize. When complete, I called customer care again and escalated the issue and was told that they still could not confirm I had everything needed. I was very frustrated as I had the entire bed pulled apart on my son’s bedroom floor and by this time it has already been almost three months that my son has been sleeping on the floor waiting for his new bed. I asked them to cancel the replacement that was never processed and to schedule the team to come out to assemble. The manager I spoke with asked me for my availability and kindly scheduled and I received an email confirmation.

The delivery team never showed on the day they were supposed to come, and I didn’t receive any communications. The manager called to check on things and I let him know the install / delivery team did not show up as scheduled. He apologized and said he would reschedule. The next day, my son tripped over the long heavy pieces on his bedroom floor that have been waiting for weeks for install/assembly. At this point I was beyond frustrated and now angry. Both my son and I have now been injured because of the incompetence of the process and customer service. Additionally, I have had to take off 2 days of work to stay home to wait for delivery/assembly. There is no way I can take off another day, so my husband and son (took 4 hours) assembled the bed themselves. There was an issue with the headboard and the nails provided and the headboard is now damaged.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed July 19, 2023

We were told furniture would get delivered a few days after order date. Three weeks later still no update on delivery date. Even cust support can't give an update. We will never buy from AllModern again.

Reviewed March 25, 2023

Please do not spend your hard earned money on bathroom vanities from this company. They frequently "change" manufacturers when something gets enough bad reviews to trick consumers. It's still the same item under a different name. We bought a Haoqi 36" W x 22" D x 34" H Single Bathroom Vanity, which is now sold under the brand name Dondi, and yet it's the same item. Conveniently, we can no longer review it because the "one we bought is no longer available". And yet, we've had it for less than a year and it's already breaking, veneer is coming off, etc. But they change the name and "manufacturer" of items frequently so you can't review items once they start to disintegrate less than a year later.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Nov. 22, 2022

I ordered some furniture as an unregistered buyer and thus manually entered my name, address, etc. Several years ago I purchased something from Wayfair, which apparently owns AllModern. Without my permission or warning me, my AllModern order was linked to my old Wayfair account and the information I entered was changed to match the information on file at Wayfair. Consequently, all correspondence was sent to my old email address and the furniture was sent to my old address -- two states away from where I currently live. Nearly three months later I have yet to receive a refund, even though the furniture was returned to AllModern.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedOnline & AppReliability

Reviewed Aug. 26, 2022

Bed was supposed to be delivered and assembled on the same day. Delivery people left without assembling - no explanation. That was followed by dozens of phone calls and 4 missed appointments without explanation. Today, the bed was found to be defective and can't be assembled. No more in stock. Told to just throw it away. So now it's my problem to dispose of??? DO NOT use this company. EVER. Don't be fooled by what looks good on their website.

Customer Service

Reviewed June 28, 2022

I have spent the past month trying to get my furniture purchase delivered. Each time I call, promises are made, and nothing happens. Five times now I have called, each time I am told I will definitely get my bed, and then nothing happens. Do not under any circumstances order anything from this garbage company.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Dec. 10, 2021

My spouse bought a leather couch from All Modern through the telephone speaking to one of their salespeople. Conditions given by us that it be delivered on a certain date, that the delivery service should confirm and call by phone; also that an email will be sent to us to confirm the delivery date. They said yes to all these conditions and had noted it down on their system. None of those conditions were met!!

All Modern delivered the couch a few days after the call which made the date too early, the company did not call, and did not email nor communicate in any form to inform us of a delivery. The company delivered to a house that was still occupied by a former tenant, they also had intentions to drop the couch on the curbside without any forewarning until the tenant then saw the delivery truck and had them carry the couch to the garage as a consideration.

Our complaints with All Modern have only gotten a tacit nod. They offered to pick up the couch and re-deliver again which we said had to be done as the former tenants needed the garage space. They established an appointment with us and time for the pick up however no one showed, no one called or even sent a text or message to warn us that they were not coming to pick up. They made two senior citizens in their 70's with frail health wait for 4 hours outside of the garage. When we spoke to them to ask, they said the pickup was not approved and someone should have called us but no one did. No apology nor explanation. If you enjoy being taken advantage of by a company that only focuses on greed and has low standard service and quality, then buy your furniture at All Modern.

Their management are incompetent and ignorant - although their customer service people do try to to help you within the limits of their decision-making. The lower staff get the brunt of the complaints whilst their management (middle and higher) hide from facing their faults and incompetence. Be forewarned unless you insist on being treated like dirt.. if so buy from them

Customer Service

Reviewed Aug. 8, 2021

They cancelled my first delivery (by email) on the day of, making me lose a day of work. The customer service stated that they cancelled because they did not have all of the pieces. Eventually we rescheduled, hired someone to sit in our apartment for the delivery window. and supervise assembly. The 4 hr delivery window was stretched to 8 hrs. They eventually arrived WITHOUT all of the bed components thus could not assemble. We have yet to receive a follow up with a date despite numerous calls. I understand that supplies are delayed and this may be beyond their control. They have complete control over how such setbacks are handled and communicated. They don't seem to care.

AllModern Company Information