2.06/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

AllModern

Looking for a good furniture store?

AllModern Reviews

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

Early Monday August 26 I was looking at lamps on the ALLModern website. I found one I like that was on sale. I didn't place the order right away, I sent the info to my wife to see if she liked it. After she agreed that it looked nice, I put two in the cart and started to check out. When I was ready to place the order I noticed the price was $22.00 higher than I expected. I went back to the original page and the price had gone up. I called customer service to ask about the price change and spoke to a very nice representative. After a short hold, she said her supervisor had approved the previous price. She said it would include free two day shipping. The two lamps arrived the very next day in perfect condition. I am quite pleased with them. They are better looking than in the pictures and the quality is very good.

Original review: June 16, 2019

First off I am not a company shill. I ordered a king size bed frame including headboard/footboard. The items all shipped as promised and arrived in flawless condition. AllModern's pricing was less than the competition's, which surprised me. I completed my order with AllModern then saw all the extremely negative reviews and was leery of when I would receive order. If it would be item ordered and condition upon arrival. I almost canceled my order due to same, but it was really too late. I am glad I did not cancel, and would at this time recommend AllModern.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I've read a lot of reviews I don't understand. I recently had a loveseat delivered. It was as advertised, aside from one leg that doesn't quite match. The box that was delivered had obviously been mishandled at the warehouse. There was significant damage and a lot of tape to try and cover it. I sent pictures and brought it to their attention immediately. I was told I could inspect it or have a replacement sent. I chose to inspect. The loveseat suffered some damage that wasn't awful, but it is visible. They offered a partial refund. Their communication was great and helped offset some bad warehouse workers.

Original review: June 17, 2019

This has been the worst online shopping experience. Extremely frustrating!! I ordered samples for a couch over two months ago. After a month of not receiving them, I emailed the customer support email and it took a couple days for someone to respond that they would send new samples with a tracking number. The tracking number did not work and once again I am reaching out to see where the samples are. They called a few days ago to see if I received them because they have no idea what is even going on. If I can't even get samples shipped to my house without issues, there is no way I am going to order anything from them. Especially after reading the other reviews. What a horribly run company. How are they still in business!!!

Original review: June 3, 2019

Run away! Products are not as advertised and customer support is non existent. The pictures are not even remotely close to finished product and you will spend weeks trying to resolve any issues. Caveat Emptor!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AllModern?

Original review: May 25, 2019

Updated on 06/07/2019: I wanted to give an update on my experience with AllModern. Firstly I will never order anything from them or Wayfair ever again. My first package was "lost" then, they sent me a new package and on the same day of delivery for the new package I received both orders at the same time. Started to put together the dresser and of course there is a piece where the screws were stripped and my boyfriend had to do some handy work to make this work. It was a pain! The dresser looks like what I ordered but just the pain in trying to get it here is just not worth it. The customer reviews on the website are all fixed, they don't allow negative feedback. I will never buy from them or Wayfair again and will warn anyone from doing so. I am just happy I received my order and can put this behind me.

Original Review: I ordered on May 4th 2019, received a tracking number and the company who ships to me through their website is FedEx. They never updated their website so I didn't think anything of it because sometimes that does happen but my package always comes through (never have used FedEx but I have no choice). Come to the date of the delivery and the package never shows up. I wait till after the weekend and give a call to AllModern and spoke with someone to be told that my package has been "lost". I have never had a package lost, ever.

They said they will send out a replacement right away. Received a new email and a new tracking number and the same thing is happening. FedEx has not updated their website and it has been 24 hours. I'm going to wait for over the weekend and will call AllModern. Have a good feeling that this package will get "lost". I have never experience this and if I don't receive my package I will NEVER EVER order through them again.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I purchased Bombay leather sofa from AllModern (little over $1000 on sale. Original price $2,550). Product description states that it is Genuine bovine top grain leather, which turned out to be false. I took toss pillow to several leather shops and was told that it is leather imitation. Not a real leather as it is described on AllModern website. Sofa does not have any labeling about upholstery material. I am returning the sofa and when I called AllModern to have a full refund and mentioned why I want it I was told that it is "leather material" and I have to pay the return shipment.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I will never, ever buy anything again from AllModern or its affiliated companies. We have had a horrible experience with them and they’ve have done nothing to try to resolve the issues in a timely, customer friendly way. We ordered a platform bed, dresser and two night stands two months ago and still do not have a bed to sleep on.

The first attempt to deliver they brought the platform pieces (supposedly) and a box labeled headboard that was some weird dresser thing. They said they’d send the correct headboard. No expedited delivery and three weeks later they deliver the headboard, open the box for the platform and find a piece is missing! Again no expedited delivery and three weeks later we are still waiting for that missing piece!

They never call back when they say they will and don’t do anything to try to find a solution. We’ve had to make multiple calls, there never seems to be anyone who really knows the story of what’s happened or where the missing piece is (it was “shipped” and then “lost” somewhere for days). Worst customer service ever and the furniture isn’t that great either. My advice is stay as far away from this place as possible!! Wish we would’ve! Now we’re stuck with pieces for a bed that can’t be put together and a dresser and nightstands with drawers that don’t close fully. Ugh!!!

Original review: April 22, 2019

We ordered an outdoor table and chairs 4 weeks ago (late Mar) and were told it had been shipped at that time. The estimated arrival date was this week. We just received an email saying the product was out of stock and it seems it was never shipped. The email also states that this will not be in stock until next year. This leaves us without an outdoor table and having to scramble to get one at this late date.

Original review: April 16, 2019

It asks for your postal code on the product page and advertises FREE 2-DAY SHIPPING, only to get to your cart and try to pay for it... and SURPRISE! $2,000 Shipping Fee. WTF is the point of inputting your postal code and spending an hour perusing a site looking for furniture thinking the shipping will be free, fall in love with a product and you fill out your address and credit card info, ALMOST click the order button... only to see your total is 2K+. Called their customer service line. THE MOST USELESS LADY EVER. Like she just kept reading from a script. You're not even having a conversation because she just repeats the same canned, pre-written approved response.

AllModern Company Information