2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

3.7/5 (130 ratings)

About AllModern

AllModern Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AllModern?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AllModern?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

We ordered by phone. Promised delivery in 11 days. Received in 3 days. The 9 x 12 rug was well-wrapped and heavier than expected. 2-person job to move. Colors were true to the picture. Quality as advertised. Would order again and recommend.

Original review: June 11, 2021

We ordered a dining table in Jan-it came with the corner smashed in. All Modern stated they would replace the tabletop, so we donated the damaged one. We waited and waited and waited, no table. Meanwhile cost was US $1114.19; we are in Canada, so cost to us was $ 1450.97 charged Feb 16 2021. It is June, no table arrived and no communication from All Modern. I called- I was told the table had been discontinued. They refunded the table US cost, problem is this time the refund in Canadian dollars is $1310.01. We are short $140.96. Have posted a complaint with the BBB, they are giving me the run around- "Sorry we have refunded in full." They owe us $140.96, AND considering they broke our contract to buy a table and we waited 6 months, they owe us the tabletop at the original price. Nightmare of miscommunication and ridiculous service.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 23, 2021

This company doesn't include or sell drains for the bathtubs they sell. Getting everything for their tubs isn't worth the aggravation. Wish I had NEVER heard of AllModern and will tell everyone I like to stay away. Highly recommend them to people I hate.

Original review: March 15, 2021

I'm not sure how this company gets away with the shipping they do. First, we ordered a couch that I had been extremely excited about... two weeks go by and there's no update on the movement of the couch on the link provided. I called numerous times and finally after waiting for a month and lots of yelling they call me to tell me my couch was 'lost in transit' and it had also been SOLD OUT after I had already bought the couch. My roommate was able to keep her voice down on the phone so we were able to reorder the couch with them giving us a discount to be able to do so but I still paid an extra $200.

Fast forward, the couch was supposed to be here this morning (thank god). I got an email at 6:00am saying it was the day to be delivered and another around 7:00am saying there would be a delay and to wait another 2 days to hear from the warehouse on a new shipping date. This has been the WORST experience I've ever had with any furniture company possible and I'm not sure how they get away with 0 communication and not letting their customers have updates on their items they've spent 1k +. My couch is supposed to be here Wednesday and if it's not, I'll be asking for a full refund.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

I ordered 4 chairs on a Tuesday, they were delivered that Friday. After delivery I checked their website and they had gone on sale and were much cheaper than what I paid just two days earlier. I hadn’t even taken them out of the box yet. I called and asked them to credit me the difference since it’s their own product. Should have been an easy no brainer. Instead, it was a definitive no. Not only was it a no, but then they charged me $25 to return the chairs so that I could reorder them at the sale price. How ridiculous. So I cancelled other orders I made with them, sent the chairs back and will never shop there or at their affiliates. Aside from the $25 return shipping, I found the same exact chairs on Houzz for half the price. Joke’s on AllModern because I would have paid their sale price and it still would have been more than what I paid on Houzz but their poor business practices just lost two sales and a customer.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

Purchased a dining table less than 3 weeks ago from All Modern and found the same dining set at Overstock.com for $200.00 less. All Modern’s is not to match the prices of other competitors. I was offers offered 10% discount on my next purchase.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I ordered through Allmodern in June. They sent an email saying my order would ship by the end of June. I received emails for 6 months saying my order was delayed. I canceled the order 3 weeks ago and never received my money back.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

I ordered a small runner for my bedroom as I'm selling my condo. AllModern shipped me the wrong item... an 8X10 area rug... and it took them almost 10 days to come and pick it up! It was terrible as the rug was huge and heavy and I had no room for it. It took my initiative to get Fedex to come and finally pick up the rug. Meanwhile, I never did get the runner. If and when I do (it's been over two weeks already) I'll be returning it. They never offered me a discount/overnight of the correct item. Nothing. What a mess and no, I'll never shop this site again.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

If you order something larger, like furniture, they promise what seems like reasonable delivery estimates, but do not be fooled like me! For 4 months I have been kept waiting and hoping but about every two weeks they keep saying delayed again. I have called multiple times. If I had known about their deceptive shipping estimates, I would have never ordered from them. If they do not provide me with a firm delivery date within the next week, I will cancel. I now know who the manufacturer is and will order direct. I will never order from AllModern/Wayfair again.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I'm pretty unhappy with the service.... I just bought a desk on Wednesday. Furniture arrived on Friday 8/31. I noticed last night that All Modern was on sale. I paid $540 for the desk and it's now on sale for $400. After being on hold for 30 min, I asked them if they were unwilling to honor the new sale price and the customer service said that they don't do any adjustments. What a shame! I will never buy or recommend any of my friends to buy any furniture from this site. I will make sure to spread the word in all social media.

Original review: July 13, 2020

Nowhere when you are ordering from their website does it state the currency is USD. As a Canadian, I assumed it was in CAD. Only on the receipt in very small font does it state is dollars. Only 1 he after placing the order I opened the receipt and then canceled the order. I then emailed to confirm cancellation at the same time and to be safe called and waiting an hour on hold to confirm cancellation. Then a day later the order changed from cancellation pending to shipped! What a scam. I’ll now have to pay to ship it back. Fraudulent to not be upfront about currency and then remove cancellation requests just to make money. I will never order from AllModern or their sister companies again.

AllModern Company Information