2.31/5
  • 1 star
Based on 29 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 12, 2017

29 AllModern Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 12, 2017
I have spent literally thousands of dollars over the years with this company and they're associated other companies as well. I ordered a few things for the holidays. They cancelled my order and sent me a nasty email to not order anything else further that I was not their idea of a customer they wanted to do business with.

How dare them!!! I had workman around my home and had theft of some of my parcel deliveries left at my front door! NOT MY FAULT! I am all alone over the holidays and sick and wanted to have a little Christmas for myself. I have since moved and in an area very remote with NO CHANCE OF ANY FUTURE THEFTS! THANKS A LOT YOU AWFUL PEOPLE OVER THERE.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

AllModern took the airlines' approach of overbooking then retracting the reservation and leaving the customer without a seat. The couch was in stock on the website with a delivery date of 15 December when we ordered on 28 November. Four days before the delivery - two weeks before Christmas - we were told it was on backorder and wouldn't be delivered until 22 January. I called customer service to ask why they didn't let me know sooner and why it was listed as being in stock when it was not. (I could have ordered it from elsewhere but chose AllModern's based on the pre-Christmas delivery date.) I was told that I was just one of AllModern's millions of customers, and AllModern could not keep timely track of all the orders. I canceled the order because I cannot trust that it will indeed come on 22 January. I expect what is described on a website to be true.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Being the type of individual that does not like to order certain things online, especially Furniture, but I did give AllModern a chance (I really like the style of Sectional). Two weeks after my order for a sectional was confirmed and "being worked on", AllModern canceled my order without notice. When I reached out, they were "Out of Stock". The website still says they have the piece of furniture In Stock (really misleading). Customer service was unresponsive and seem that this type of concern was an integral part of their day.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I ordered the 56" Emil 3 Blade Industrial Ceiling Fan from AllModern. I have been a customer of theirs for years and never had a situation like this. The fan was delivered as promised, but I didn't open the box until I could get a licensed electrician to the house to install it. When he opened the box, I saw the wall-mounted control for the first time -- and although the fan is modern, the wall control is a ridiculous monstrosity of white plastic that sticks way out from the wall and is in no way modern or suitable for a modern interior. When I contacted AllModern customer support, they informed me I missed my return date by a few days. That's it. No response to my request that they reconsider based upon my customer history and the situation. No response. At all. I won't install the fan in my home, and I can't send it back. I guess they expect me to throw it away. I would not recommend AllModern based upon this very poor customer experience.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I placed an order with confirmation verbally, thru email and charge on card. Never received the order. Called, was ASSURED the order will be sent, confirmed it was placed... Never received it... Again!! Days later I receive an email that my order was canceled. No explanation, no apology, just "Your charge will be refunded on your credit card."

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AllModern?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I asked for a return because it was literally impossible to put together the furniture they sent me. It would have needed special tools. It's cheap and looked cheap. But it wasn't cheap to buy. I asked for a refund and they said they would get back to me in 24 hours. That was days ago. Never again. I'm going to charge this back on my CC soon as fraud. I'm over these retailers trying to send garbage. 550.00 bucks and 1 entire day of my life. The day I can't get back the money I will.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

We bought two outdoor sets, a rug, padding for the rug and a fan. The two outdoor sets are incomplete, both of them, the Padding is delay 3 weeks. I called 3 days straight because to be able to get a hold off them, you pretty much just have to be on the phone for at least 1 hour because they are understaffed. When I finally got a hold off them I was told they will respond within 24 hours, two days later I had to call back and I was told that it will take 2 weeks before I get my stuff that's missing. Their prices were good but I won't buy with them anymore. Is ridiculously to have to wait 2 weeks for something that should already be here.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

Chair: I ordered a chair for my office and after a couple weeks the "black leather" started coming off. After a couple months it started to look very worn and pieces of material were just coming off. I've contacted customer support several times. Finally after a week I finally received a reply that they wanted more information so I sent them pictures so they knew exactly what was wrong with it. Then they never responded. I have been trying to contact them for two weeks with no luck.

Kitchen table: I have only used my kitchen table twice (we usually just eat at the kitchen bar or on our couch) and the paint is already starting to flake off. We don't put anything on top of it for it to start doing this. All their products just seem to be cheaply made. The prices looked great so I thought I would give them a shot but I would definitely not recommend them to anyone. Their products seem like one time use.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I placed an order with them, it never showed up. I emailed them and they said it was sent to the wrong place so they ordered me another. That got delayed twice so I tried to cancel my order but they said it already shipped so I couldn't. Then I got an email that the chair I ordered was out of stock. How could it be out of stock if it was already shipped and on its way? It's also hard to get a hold them, terrible company.

Original review: June 24, 2017

I ordered this item at what I thought to be a great price. After the estimated arrival date expired I contacted the company to obtain a status on my new couch. It took 3 days to get an update that my sofa had been lost in transit. No solution was offered. It is ironic that since I purchased my sofa that the price has gone up drastically. I expect this company to fulfill my order and compensate me for my experience and inconvenience. We'll see what happens, I have no expectations. I do know for sure that I will never recommend them to anyone I know. I was really excited about receiving this product and very eager for it to arrive. I have since spoken with several people that have had the same nightmare experiences with this company.

Original review: June 16, 2017

I ordered an end table via AllModern, and when it arrived, it was badly damaged on the front, sides, and bottom. It is packed well and looked intact on arrival, so I was shocked to see how badly damaged it was when unboxed. Customer service was accommodating and shipped a new unit with no charge to me, but I was responsible for donating or disposing of the original order. The replacement just arrived and is in worse shape than the first order. The issue must be within the dispatch and handling, as this unit appears to have been dropped out of an airplane at 30,000 feet, and then run over by a sharknado. Now I have two end tables I have to hire a car to dispose of, as they are not in useable condition for donating. I am currently wasting away on hold and hope it's not too much more of a hassle to have my money refunded.

Original review: May 31, 2017

I ordered a sectional sofa which was suppose to be delivered in 2-3 weeks. It was delivered in 5 weeks! Only one part of the sectional was delivered and the other half is still missing. They initiated a search for it and told me I should get answers in 5-7 days. Well, more than 7 days later they still don't have answers and they don't know how long it will take.

Original review: May 25, 2017

Stay away from Wayfair and AllModern. They sell overpriced items not in stock. Ordered 4k worth of patio furniture in mid-April 2017. Originally said in Stock and would be delivered in a week. Then it was back ordered until June 1st. Called to see if this was accurate and assured this was latest date. Logged back in and discovered new date of June 15th. Customer service was incompetent and always deferred to warehouse. Finally, it was again moved to June 20th and I canceled. Also, they DO NOT update their Website. Still shows in stock... Only 10 left... What a joke! The headache and price is not worth the hassle, regardless of how good it looks. Shop elsewhere!

Original review: May 15, 2017

My experience with AllModern Customer Service was awful. I was ordering a dining set. At checkout, the price of the item was different, much higher. After an hour, I finally got to talk to a supervisor. She said she would check on the issue and get back to me the next day. She gave me all her contact info and told me she was my contact person. I have never heard back from her even though I reached out to her on 3 occasions. It is very insulting and extremely poor customer service. Not to even respond to a customers question? Really bad for business.

Original review: April 18, 2017

I ordered a sectional sofa from AllModern on March 23, and paid extra for the full service delivery/assembly, and even paid for the protection plan. At the time I placed my order, the website showed 10+ items in stock, and I was given an expected ship date of March 31 with expected delivery by April 10. Over the following days, I occasionally checked back, curious about the price fluctuations of the sofa and just out of enthusiasm for looking at my new furniture. While checking back, I noticed the number in stock slowly diminishing and the March 31 date now longer appearing, but still showing the April 10 delivery date.

After March 31 came and went, and still no shipment updates, I emailed to inquire. The first agent who responded did not even know I had paid for the full service delivery/assembly and said they'd be leaving it on my doorstep, and she would check with the warehouse. The second agent said the sofa was back-ordered (despite 10+ in stock when I ordered). And the third agent corrected the first, saying I did have the full service delivery and that it would be shipping by April 9. Since then, I have watched my delivery date get delayed, delayed, and delayed again. This morning, I got another delay out to May 10, which was the final straw, and I cancelled the order. I do not trust this company to properly handle orders, will never order from them again, and would strongly encourage everybody out there to stay away, or at least be very careful about anything you order here. They don't really seem to know what they're doing.

Original review: April 4, 2017

We are so very disappointed in this company. We thought they would be reputable and so we decided to order a Barranca Dining table by Wade Logan. We didn't hear anything on the delivery, so we sent an email asking about it. We were absolutely shocked when the salesperson who answered us saying the "base" we ordered is pending delivery. WE THOUGHT WE WERE ORDERING A TABLE!!!! I am posting this so others are not misled by this ad.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2016

I ordered two Summit Grey Area Rugs of different sizes. They came a week or so after I ordered, which I thought was a good turn around time. When they arrived, the rugs were clean and packaged well, but very tightly. The creases in the rugs from the packaging didn't go away for a month or so and I had to put textbooks and furniture on the corners to get them completely flat. There is still one corner that I can't get to uncurl, but other than that, the rugs look good, the pattern is consistent to what they show online. I was lucky to find this deal because my impression of AllModern has always been a little overpriced but I got these two for around $70 (a 5x7 rug and a 2x8 rug) which is awesome for two rugs. I would recommend but wish the packaging was a little more careful on their end.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2016

The customer service was okay. Everyone was helpful and it was a fast experience. It was not difficult and they answered any questions I had. There were quite a few different options available for each furniture set. I already knew what I wanted and the color I wanted. So that made everything easy. The quality was okay. But next time I'd prefer to go somewhere else to find better quality furniture that will definitely last me a long time.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2016

The customer service is GREAT! They are there when I needed help, and super patient despite my heavy accent. They are kind and willing to help. There were not many deliver options available, they only offered delivery to home or to the closest furniture store to my location. Which is all I really need. There were plenty of options to choose from when I was shopping for mattresses. They ranged from super firm and super soft. Their prices were pretty varied too. I've had my mattress for many years and it is still around. It has been through literally everything I have dropped liquid on it, and its been through lots of of movement.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

The customer service was great. They were friendly, helpful, and they were able to answer all of my questions. They also made recommendations of things they thought I would like but they were not pushy about what I should buy. They have great delivery options. I was able to get it delivered to my home at a time that was convenient for me. They gave me the option of when and where I would have my purchase delivered. They had a large variety of thing. There was something there for everyone. I was able to find exactly the color style and size I wanted. They also had many different brands. They had a great quality of merchandise. The merchandise was well built, very durable, also so very attractive.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

This is a great furniture store and they have really great styles that I like and always get great ideas when wanting to purchase items for my home. I really enjoy the values. They have pretty fast shipping. I have always had my items delivered on time or earlier. I also like the fees. I don't think it is expensive. There are many different options for all the categories available. I like how the items I like are always available. There is rarely any items out of stock. The quality is amazing and I have never had any complaint. The items all seem to be very lasting and are very resilient. I love the material used in certain items.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

As soon as I walked in the store someone greeted me and asked if I needed help. Everyone was very attentive there. I also received very cheap prices. When I brought my furniture I was able to get it with a payment plan because my sales associate fought for it for me from her boss. The delivery options that they had were free for any store purchase that was over 200 dollars and they also helped you assemble the product in your home. While visiting the furniture store, there were many products to pick from. The store was very clean and neat. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for amazing furniture for their children. The quality of the products were very good. When I went to the furniture store I did not see any dirty items that were being sold which is a very good thing.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

The sales person was very helpful. Asked questions about how I wanted to use the furniture, what type of room, and what size of room it was. He then asked what style we liked, and showed us some examples. From there we knew what we wanted. We could have the furniture delivered or we could pick up. These options were provided to us right away so we knew what was available. Delivery seemed most cost worthy. There was a lot of variety, but not necessarily in the style we were looking for. But after all is said and done we were able to pick out what we wanted, even though the choices were not as full. We have had the furniture for 6 months and have not had any issues. Easy to clean and maintain. We don't have any small children, so not sure if that would make a difference.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

The service was great and the staff was very friendly and easy to talk to and arrange deliveries. The staff seemed very caring and helped me with any questions that I had. The delivery options were very helpful and they managed to deliver it right to my back door like I had asked since the front doesn't work properly even though the back is a little harder to get to. There were many different options for furniture and also many different colors to choose from. I was able to get exactly what I wanted for my home. All of the products were in perfect condition. They were exactly as listed with no surprises. The products came wrapped in layers of bubble wrap for protection.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

The experience was great. The workers were very helpful with helping me find what I was looking for especially specifics. They paid attention to detail and gave good customer service. The options for delivery were easy to use and reliable. They made the process of delivery very easy, and they helped load the appliance into the truck. The variety of products was wonderful. The different products offered different styles, comfort, and looks that were different from the others. The quality of products was very good. Each had a quality that was worth the prices as well as how long they would last.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

They were helpful. They were not hostile or rude. I felt I could ask questions with patient people willing to help. They did not necessarily go above and beyond my expectations but I'm glad there still was a level of respect and decency there. Their delivery came a bit later than expected. It's mostly likely due to the weather we've been experiencing. I was not too pleased with the delivery men. They were a bit rude and pushy. They were very stubborn and that does reflect poorly on the store itself. Beautiful selections of all kinds to fit individual tastes. I loved just about everything in the store. I definitely will browse more options and shop there in the future. I've even recommended it to some associates. Very well made products from well made materials. They seem very durable for what they are. I'd expect to have the furniture around for a while as I do tend to move around a lot. I hope to keep them around.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

The customer service was very nice, friendly, and joyful. They was very talkative and someone I can look upon to when it comes to buying furniture. I had them to deliver it to my house. The men was great nice and friendly. They offer to putting it up for me. They didn't ask for no tips or nothing. The variety of the furniture I purchase was a good quality and a lot of sets to go with it. I had 5 piece set with a couch, arm rest, love couch, and feet stand and more. The quality of was with it. The price was worth it. I would recommend them and to anyone that love fashion furniture. I would spend my money there again.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

Everyone there was helpful and friendly with smiles on their faces; there were no rude cashiers, no sly remarks were made, even the cashiers were happy to help in my shopping experience. There were no many delivery options wich makes buying some large items inconvenient; and since some stores are out of the way of my house it makes it hard to smoothly make some purchases. There was a small variety of items to choose from but I feel there could've been more out on the floor to choose from as there was a significant amount of empty space on the store floor. The quality of the majority of the products offered seemed to be good. It looked like strong, sturdy, long lasting furniture that could easily accommodate the average person.

Original review: July 9, 2016

I purchased lighting from the AllModern specifically because the webpage stated "Get it by" and a date. I received the lights about five days after that and when I questioned the date via email the reply was that the "Get it by" date was a "Shipped by" date and I would receive the delivery on time. I am looking at other AllModern lights by the same manufacturer and the wording on the website still states "Get it by." I would like AllModern to be truthful in its advertising, hence this review.

AllModern Company Information