Compare Mattresses

Research top Mattresses recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

If you are planning to store this bed for more than the warranty period -- three (3) years -- DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT. I bought this item because of the name -- Coleman and Aerobed. Yes, it lasted more than the warranty period because I just used the item for just three times (3X). I don't get a lot of guest in the house. When I was about to use it for the fourth (4) time, at first I tested the item to make sure when the guest arrives it would be functioning to its use.

Tested for an hour or two and air still holds in the bed but when you lay down on it I noticed air started to deflate and two (2) holes started to appear from the Square Rounded Corner design and on a seam. At first it was just two (2) holes. I patched it up and dried for 24 hrs. Even bought special adhesive / patch kit. Then tried and followed the same procedure as above. Now two (2) holes appeared again on another Square Rounded Corner design and then the other was near the built-in pump.

I reported this incident for their INFO last 11 July 2015; but until now they haven't answered. This was just USED THREE (3X) ONLY in the course of its life, stored in a closet for future use, and you spend more than $100 that time thinking it would provide you good service for at least 10 years based on the frequency you used the item. I am sure this incident was a MATERIAL and QUALITY ISSUES. Then I wondered why the warranty is three (3) years. Why not five (5) or ten (10)? If five (5) years I might had a warranty issues. Do you think they knew already that MATERIAL and QUALITY would only last for three (3) years?

Again, I hope this INFORMATION would help you consider in buying this product if you plan to use it more than three (3) years warranty period. IT IS NOT WORTH IT. Buy cheaper air beds maybe for two (2) to three (3) times use only or more better than Aerobed and save some money. Likewise the same will happen with an expensive Aerobed.

We have had several Aero air beds... our current one is a model 282028 queen with a "headboard" and built-in pump. So far I have patched 2 leaks... both in the headboard area... and yet it still loses air within about an hour. So you cannot sleep on it. So today I tried twice to call Coleman. After getting through the maze of press this and press that, I got to the air bed fix part... only to get a recorded message with twi solutions and then a HANG UP. Would have loved to talk to a customer service rep... and am willing to work on a repair, but alas no such luck. So much for customer service.

I purchased an Aerobed from Bed, Bath & Beyond back in 2012 and within a few months it failed. An entire row of the mattress separated in the center such that you have the appearance of a hill located directly in the middle. On the first purchase, I returned the product to Bed, Bath & Beyond and to their credit they gladly replaced the mattress with a new one. They did tell me that they had noted that this product did tend to fail so the new one they gave me was supposed to be an upgraded model. On that note, kudos to BBB. Here we are 3 yrs later and after using the mattress only 3x times it has failed in the same manner.

The entire middle section of the mattress separated and is raised up such that it is impossible to use or sleep on. This mattress has had limited use, so it is in excellent shape overall. To its credit, when the bed was blown up it has not leaked or deflated and the comfort level is excellent. The problem appears to be in the quality and strength of the stitching of the material. Given the experiences I had had with this particular brand of air mattress I would give it a zero or grade F considering the manufacturing defects that render it unusable after a few short uses. My question is how do I get my money back and I would definitely not recommend this product until its design flaws are fixed.

Used the queen size Aerobed for about 3 months. Paid good money for purchase. The next time we got it out to use it I noticed I was having to air it up more. Found no problem to have to address just that after the 3 months that is all it held up too. Still have just not sure how to contact or who to see if replacement can be considered. Very poor quality if going to just last 3 months. Still has air, just somehow it is not staying with air and seems to be maybe around seams of the

Mattress. If anyone know what I can try or who I can contact with manufacturer please email me information. When full of air bed is very good to sleep on otherwise.

Purchased an an airbed (Aerobed) through QVC. Subsequently, I purchased a second raised airbed (Aerobed) again through QVC. I've contacted them because it is losing air and asked where I could get it serviced. The youngman stated there is no such place. That I can troubleshoot it to see where it's losing air. Tried both was not able to determine the location. He said if that didn't work, they would replace the airbed at a discounted price. I think this is ridiculous.

To put a product out and not have a place to have it serviced. Now it looks like I have to through the bed out. If I buy another one, there is no guarantee the same thing wont happen. Especially since it is evident there are no holes. Someone needs to investigate this.

I have to dispose of the airbeds since I cannot get them serviced. They want me to purchase new one(s) at a discounted price.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aerobed?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I received my AeroBed in a timely fashion.

I have only had the aerobed for six months and find the workmanship and quality quite shoddy!

I have patched two tears between the ribbing. Obviously, it was a quality issue at the manufacturer. I have had the second tear within the samp proximity of the first tear. I have the Aerobed with the side equalizers and it stands the same height as a regular bed.

This model has the pump attached to the outside of the mattress.

Looking beyond the frequent re-inflation and the repairs, this bed reminds me of camping out as a Boy Scout in the sixties! If you can get beyond the 'ribbed' design as a air mattress has and if you do not mind repairing your $299 air mattress, then feel free to purchase this item.

The comfort is by all means much better than a usual mattress, but the upkeep and long term life of the product may be questionable. It is a 'toss-a-way item after a few years and good for the twice a year guest you may have as a stay over. If you wish to have an air mattress that performs and last, do not purchase this item.

Aerobed Company Profile