1.09/5
Based on 11 reviews that contain star ratings

Need a good mattress?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

13 Aerobed Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 11, 2018

I purchased 2 double Aerobeds just over 2 years ago and they have started deflating. I contacted customer services to be told they do not have the replacement part for these. If I had known at the time I would never have purchased from them. They were not cheap to buy either. I will not be recommending this company to anyone. Such a waste of money especially as my husband is disabled and living on a basic income. What am I supposed to do with them now?

Original review: May 5, 2018

I was given this bed for Christmas last year. When my son is home from college it's the bed I sleep on. I inflated bed and it won't hold the air. I figured out it's the intake valve where the part cuts off air to hold it. It's not functioning properly. It moves a certain way to intake air and it supposed to pop out in position to hold air but it's not holding properly. I have neuropathy and I woke up with deflated mattress which put me in so much pain to be on a hard floor. It was purchased by Joanne ** at Target.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: April 27, 2018

I bought a full high Aerobed mattress thinking it was the best choice. I was expecting to use the mattress until I could buy an actual bed after moving. It costed around $250 at BB&B and I was pretty sure it was worth the price. After about a week of use the entire middle section of the mattress separated and is raised up (huge bump) and it is impossible to use or sleep on. This mattress has had limited use, so it is in excellent shape overall. To its credit, when the bed was blown up it has not leaked or deflated. I'm a petite woman so it's not about my weight. Also saw other people having the same issue. I lost my receipt so could not get the guarantee. $250 down the drain. Never again!

Original review: April 22, 2018

I paid just under $200 for a queen size Aerobed inflatable mattress. It was used three times before it's suddenly started deflating for no reason. I bought this bed because I thought with the higher price the quality would be higher. I was definitely wrong.

Original review: July 16, 2017

I am on my second Aerobed with built in headboard. The first one leaked after only 8 uses. It was not repairable. Figuring it was a freak thing, I bought a second one. It has been used twice in 2 years and again will not stay inflated overnight. I called the company to complain and was assisted by a woman with a surly attitude who started yelling at me for calling after the warranty had expired by 6 months. I will NEVER and I mean NEVER buy another Coleman product again. This mattress is pure crap!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aerobed?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

Twin Aerobed never held air very well and then the motor housing sliced through the bed. Went to Bed Bath and Beyond. They do not carry patch kits and told us to contact company. My husband found a patch kit. Repair failed. We have since purchased a queen Aerobed. It does not hold air very well either. Guests have to put air in at least once during night. Will never buy this product again.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2016

We purchased an Aerobed for when we had company. We have been through 3 now, in a short time. We have never had such bad luck with a bed. The first one we purchased so we would have a place for me to sleep when I went to visit my fiance. The second night, I woke up on the floor. The rest of the week, we spent in a single bed. Before I moved, I bought a second Aerobed.

The second Aerobed, we had stashed away for exactly three years. I bought it at REI (Northbrook, IL) and we kept it in the closet for any company that would stay with us. Since we lived in Disney World, most of our guests stayed at the resort. The first time we went to inflate it, it died. It never inflated. The motor burned out, after not even inflating it. We made a fluffy pillow bed on the floor for our guest.

My Mom got us a replacement bed and kept it in her, temperature controlled, storage unit when she moved. (That was about two years ago.) When we moved back home this summer, we picked up the bed and took it with us to Wisconsin. We had just lost our brand new bed, from a MOLDY apartment. We are starting over from scratch. We inflated this bed, and it was OK for two months, and then one morning we woke up on the floor. (We have not done anything crazy on this bed. We were very careful.) We checked the Valve; it was not that. We did find a small tear in one of the seams on the top of the mattress. We patched it with the Gorilla Patch. (Ours did not come with a Patch Kit.) It still leaks. I guess it is hard to patch over the Fuzzy Stuff.

Technically, this is my 7th Aerobed. I had two when I first time I moved back to Chicago, while I waited to go get the rest of my Stuff out of storage. (That took longer than I expected.) That was over a year span. I bought them at Bed, Bath and Beyond, with my coupon! (I think they honored an exchange when Aerobed was not helpful.) They were the Single Layer, Single Beds. A nice neighbor lady gave me a real single bed. I got a third Aerobed, when I moved, to have around for company. That one lasted one use, for a week. It was a single layer, Full bed size. When I went to inflate it again, it would not hold air. I bought a Futon, for the same price to replace it. That lasted a lot longer!

I did buy one more Aerobed, for camping. It was an Indoor or Outdoor bed. It was the best. I actually got a few camping trips out of it! It was just SUPER COLD for Fall camping. I do not think that one died. It was just grungy and I could not use it inside. I gave it to someone to take camping and never saw it again. That was why I got the same one at REI to bring with me to Florida. I figured that REI had a good return policy for members.

Original review: July 16, 2015

If you are planning to store this bed for more than the warranty period -- three (3) years -- DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT. I bought this item because of the name -- Coleman and Aerobed. Yes, it lasted more than the warranty period because I just used the item for just three times (3X). I don't get a lot of guest in the house. When I was about to use it for the fourth (4) time, at first I tested the item to make sure when the guest arrives it would be functioning to its use.

Tested for an hour or two and air still holds in the bed but when you lay down on it I noticed air started to deflate and two (2) holes started to appear from the Square Rounded Corner design and on a seam. At first it was just two (2) holes. I patched it up and dried for 24 hrs. Even bought special adhesive / patch kit. Then tried and followed the same procedure as above. Now two (2) holes appeared again on another Square Rounded Corner design and then the other was near the built-in pump.

I reported this incident for their INFO last 11 July 2015; but until now they haven't answered. This was just USED THREE (3X) ONLY in the course of its life, stored in a closet for future use, and you spend more than $100 that time thinking it would provide you good service for at least 10 years based on the frequency you used the item. I am sure this incident was a MATERIAL and QUALITY ISSUES. Then I wondered why the warranty is three (3) years. Why not five (5) or ten (10)? If five (5) years I might had a warranty issues. Do you think they knew already that MATERIAL and QUALITY would only last for three (3) years?

Again, I hope this INFORMATION would help you consider in buying this product if you plan to use it more than three (3) years warranty period. IT IS NOT WORTH IT. Buy cheaper air beds maybe for two (2) to three (3) times use only or more better than Aerobed and save some money. Likewise the same will happen with an expensive Aerobed.

Original review: June 5, 2015

We have had several Aero air beds... our current one is a model 282028 queen with a "headboard" and built-in pump. So far I have patched 2 leaks... both in the headboard area... and yet it still loses air within about an hour. So you cannot sleep on it. So today I tried twice to call Coleman. After getting through the maze of press this and press that, I got to the air bed fix part... only to get a recorded message with twi solutions and then a HANG UP. Would have loved to talk to a customer service rep... and am willing to work on a repair, but alas no such luck. So much for customer service.

Original review: May 31, 2015

I purchased an Aerobed from Bed, Bath & Beyond back in 2012 and within a few months it failed. An entire row of the mattress separated in the center such that you have the appearance of a hill located directly in the middle. On the first purchase, I returned the product to Bed, Bath & Beyond and to their credit they gladly replaced the mattress with a new one. They did tell me that they had noted that this product did tend to fail so the new one they gave me was supposed to be an upgraded model. On that note, kudos to BBB. Here we are 3 yrs later and after using the mattress only 3x times it has failed in the same manner.

The entire middle section of the mattress separated and is raised up such that it is impossible to use or sleep on. This mattress has had limited use, so it is in excellent shape overall. To its credit, when the bed was blown up it has not leaked or deflated and the comfort level is excellent. The problem appears to be in the quality and strength of the stitching of the material. Given the experiences I had had with this particular brand of air mattress I would give it a zero or grade F considering the manufacturing defects that render it unusable after a few short uses. My question is how do I get my money back and I would definitely not recommend this product until its design flaws are fixed.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2015

Used the queen size Aerobed for about 3 months. Paid good money for purchase. The next time we got it out to use it I noticed I was having to air it up more. Found no problem to have to address just that after the 3 months that is all it held up too. Still have just not sure how to contact or who to see if replacement can be considered. Very poor quality if going to just last 3 months. Still has air, just somehow it is not staying with air and seems to be maybe around seams of the

Mattress. If anyone know what I can try or who I can contact with manufacturer please email me information. When full of air bed is very good to sleep on otherwise.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2008

Purchased an an airbed (Aerobed) through QVC. Subsequently, I purchased a second raised airbed (Aerobed) again through QVC. I've contacted them because it is losing air and asked where I could get it serviced. The youngman stated there is no such place. That I can troubleshoot it to see where it's losing air. Tried both was not able to determine the location. He said if that didn't work, they would replace the airbed at a discounted price. I think this is ridiculous.

To put a product out and not have a place to have it serviced. Now it looks like I have to through the bed out. If I buy another one, there is no guarantee the same thing wont happen. Especially since it is evident there are no holes. Someone needs to investigate this.

I have to dispose of the airbeds since I cannot get them serviced. They want me to purchase new one(s) at a discounted price.

Original review: July 13, 2003

I received my AeroBed in a timely fashion.

I have only had the aerobed for six months and find the workmanship and quality quite shoddy!

I have patched two tears between the ribbing. Obviously, it was a quality issue at the manufacturer. I have had the second tear within the samp proximity of the first tear. I have the Aerobed with the side equalizers and it stands the same height as a regular bed.

This model has the pump attached to the outside of the mattress.

Looking beyond the frequent re-inflation and the repairs, this bed reminds me of camping out as a Boy Scout in the sixties! If you can get beyond the 'ribbed' design as a air mattress has and if you do not mind repairing your $299 air mattress, then feel free to purchase this item.

The comfort is by all means much better than a usual mattress, but the upkeep and long term life of the product may be questionable. It is a 'toss-a-way item after a few years and good for the twice a year guest you may have as a stay over. If you wish to have an air mattress that performs and last, do not purchase this item.

Aerobed Company Information