2. Shopping
  3. Chain Restaurants

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.26/5

Waffle House Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Waffle House?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Waffle House?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2020

When we entered we was told we could set at a high top or if we waited a minute she would clean a low top for us. We choose to wait. It was not busy at all. The girl took 15 min. to get the dishes off of the table and then went over and started washing them. We walked over towards the table and the lady said, "You can’t set until she wipes it off." I understand about COVID, I am someone who wears their mask. I have auto immune induced lung disease. However it shouldn’t take 15 min. to clear a table and why not wipe it and sanitize it instead of going and washing dishes for another 15 min. Then when someone says something, your co-worker starts being rude.

I get it if they have a certain way they have to do things but when the place is dead, there is no reason you can’t be nice and say, "I am sorry, it’s taking so long but I have to clean table off, wash dishes then wipe table." Their rudeness is why we left and didn’t eat. We have always had very good experience with the Waffle House. It’s actually one of our favorite places but if today is what service we will get when we visit I don’t know that it will continue to be one of our first choices. This was at the Waffle House in Lexington Va.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

Potential COVID contamination... Several regular customers not wearing masks or in possession of masks and friendly but loud shouting at each other..loud laughing... Management did nothing.. My food potentially contaminated. Potential death sentence for me. 2. One waitress wearing her mask halfway on continually. 3. Another waitress pulling her mask down to shout orders potentially spreading COVID over entire cooking area. Blatant disregard for Pandemic safety and total lack of any management intervention.

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 28, 2020

I ordered one large cup of coffee to go. The price was $2.89. This was 5 AM and I was the only customer on the premises. That’s $3 for a cup of coffee. I questioned the cashier to be sure I correctly heard what she said. I wouldn’t purchase it and I departed the store.

Original review: July 20, 2020

We tried for ten mins to call and place an order and they wouldn't answer the phone so we went by to place our order and the cook was out somewhere else and the only employee there was outside smoking talking to someone. Columbia TN

Original review: April 11, 2020

This morning I stopped in to get breakfast at this Waffle House. They didn't have any gravy for the meal I wanted, so I was going to get my regular omelet. The cook asked if I had 5 minutes. He made me home made gravy, right there on the grill top. Louie, Peaches & Lachasedy, Thank for the excellent service you provide. Louie, YOU DA MAN!

Original review: March 2, 2020

My sisters and I was in Durham, NC celebrating my birthday. We went to Waffle House for supper. The waitress, **, did not even greet us. She never smiled or showed any kindness. She was very cold and unwelcoming. Once she took our order, she never came back to the table to offer us additional refills on our drinks. When we called her over, she acted as though we were bothering her. When we paid, she did not give us a receipt. On the other hand, the cook, **, did a good job cooking the food. The Waffle House location was: Waffle House #844. 112 E NC Highway 54 Durham NORTH CAROLINA 27713-2136 US.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

Waffle House 1633

2794 Riverwatch Pkwy
      Augusta, GA 30907
      706-733-4992
      2/17/20

12:52 PM

I ordered hash browns with two toppings---($4.00)
      Coffee---($2.00)
      From the value menu Double Angus Burger--($2.00)

Total ($8.00) plus tax

My bill was $11.66. I complained to the waitress and was kept waiting for a while. Complained to another employee and told I would have to wait for the manager. The manager ignored me and kept cooking for quite a while. Finally she came over and told me that the ticket was correct and indicated the price on the menu for a regular Angus Burger. I told her that I ordered the Double Angus Burger from the Value Menue at $2.00. The regular menu only shows a Angus burger and does not show a Angus double burger. She said would have to pay what was on the ticket. I told her I would not. She called the police. The Augusta Police and the County Police arrived. I was told that I would have to pay the ticket then complain to corporate.

A real restaurant would have handled this in a civilized manner. They would have reduced the charges. I will never go to another Waffle House. For the rest of my life I will campaign against Waffle House. I probably should have let the police arrest me. That would have been good publicity for Waffle House. I am suffering from emotional distress, depression and humiliation due to police being called for a matter of a couple of dollars. Especially since it was their fault.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I love Waffle House, but today at store #155, on Airline Hwy. in Baton Rouge, La. was a terrible experience. First no one would come to wait on us. Finally, I requested someone please take our order. Friction stopped between employees and we could place our order. Food came quickly and it was good. Then it's check out time. No one would come to register to take my money, so finally I screamed, "please come check me out". They stopped talking or fussing and came to take my money. Something not right at Store #155.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

I love Waffle House. I’ve eaten here for years. Opelika Alabama Waffle House is the worst one I’ve been in for sure. Every other Waffle House I’ve ever been in they act like they’ve known you for years. I’ve been here for 40 minutes and I always wait to be seated. It’s rude to just sit down somewhere. I finally had to just sit down, and that was 20 minutes ago. Not a single worker here has even remotely acknowledged the fact that I’m here even though they have all looked at me multiple times. I’m not even sitting at a table. I’m sitting at the bar stools. I’m writing this as they continue to walk by me like I don’t even exist. I’m assuming it’s because I’m the only ** person that has been in here since I got here. Every other person that has walked in has gotten taken care of immediately, and is eating happily. This is sad and disappointing. I’ll never return to this Waffle House again, and am quite annoyed about the whole thing.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

When my wife and I are on the road or in a different state we eat at Waffle House and never had a problem. We were in Mississippi and when I went to pay my bill the cashier told me I get a military discount because I'm a Vet. I was surprised. And thanked them. When I got back to Maryland and went to my Waffle House and asked them about the discount they told me, "Yes it's our policy." But when I went into store 2172 I asked the waitress about the discount and she told me that they don't do it. I told her that, "Your other stores do" but the manager here does not and said that the company does not give a discount to Vets. Does this guy make up his own policy and said the heck with the company. How does this make the other stores look?

Waffle House Company Information