3.4/5 (283 ratings)

About Waffle House

Waffle House Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Waffle House?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2023

My server ** at 4091 W Main St Waffle House was great. He made sure everything was perfectly to my liking. He frequently checked on me to make sure everything was good, kept my glass full, and was all around a good person.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2023

Tried to place a to go order in the Social Circle, GA Waffle House over the phone. That was refused by an automated message. Went to the Social Circle branch and attempted to order in person. Was told that they do not accept to go orders. I asked if they don't serve handicapped, since My wife was unable to eat in because of her handicap. Answer- "We don't accept to go orders." Shame on Waffle House.

Ralph

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

December 14, 2022. 7:45 PM. Route 18 Medina Waffle House. A poster place of bad business. Is two cups of coffee the limit. First - Why would a person who is serving food have a germ infested cell phone in their hand? Secondly - The cook! Her attitude, beyond belief. She also, was on her phone. Lastly - The other waitress was eating a cookie while standing at the dining counter.

Sadly obvious, both waitress were intimated by the cook. Waffle House needs a Culinary major to oversee their businesses. I would be an asset available to the company at a reasonable salary. Undoubtedly if this location is any indication of the way Waffle House conducts business. Waffle House isn't a good place to eat. Furthermore, review the video.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2022

Instead of taking care of customers they all huddle around gossiping, until men come in alone then they are right there to serve them. Stop gossiping and do your job and just maybe you'd get tips. We waited for 10 minutes for coffee. Someone was cleaning where the eggs go above the grill while the cook was cooking food. Really sanitary.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

Walked in, staff was nice. Took our orders and gave us the forks and stuff. Which was DUSTY. Looked at the salt and pepper containers, they had FOOD on them. They gave us our drinks, which had black stuff on/in it. I feel like this was a joke.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

I'm a truck driver and I stopped at Waffle House store#(1032) 5631 Boydton Plank, Petersburg, VA. There was 6 people on duty, but only 2 people actually working, a cook and an older woman, she was running around taking care of everyone. It took 20 minutes for me to get a drink. The other employees were hanging out in the back and had their children running around barefoot, screaming and the adults were screaming and cursing at the children, it was very unpleasant, I will never stop there again. Someone needs to get a handle on this place. Very disappointed and made me angry. I couldn't even enjoy my meal.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

Waffle house on N. Cassady just needs to be shut down permanently. The staff is rude & absolutely terrible and the service is the same. The other day they made everyone stand outside and order their food from a to go window post covid... Today they told everyone placing a to go order they had to leave. At least 10 people were turned away but we're told we could sit down and order. I traveled a little ways to get Waffle house so to be turned away after using my gas to get there was an insult. If you offer to go then I should be able to place an order TO GO.

I haven't even begun to speak on the attitude and demeanor of the staff which is so condescending and down right unacceptable. It's why so many people get into altercation with the staff. It's as if they don't wanna work there or their being forced to do the job they".. "applied for".... Management needs to do an completely new overhaul of its staff and services. I've had much more better experience at other waffle houses in the city limits.... Sincerely. Unsatisfied customer....

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Worst Waffle House I've ever been to! There was only one person being served. After I sat down and got ignored by the entire staff! The waitress walked back and forth and refused to come to my table! When I went up to the waiter Who was serving a customer to ask if they were closed or not the guy shook his head and continued to ignore me and my husband. The cook walked back and forth behind the counter ignoring me, doing nothing. The waitress walked in the back room and never came out. This is a poor excuse of a Waffle House, and there was no reason to get treated this way. I hope the staff gets their life together and realize, how they come across at work is a reflection of themselves and the business they work for. I'm sure if them it was on the other foot, there would have been some horrible Mr. & Mrs. Karen's. What a shame.

Original review: July 14, 2022

We have a Waffle House on Lady’s Island, SC. Ever since Covid, no one is ever at this location! Even after advertising their reopening…dining is closed, call ins only, try to call and get a recorded message saying come to the store because they're busy with dine in, go to the store and doors are locked with no one around! What’s the point! Waffle House is 24/7. This location is crap! I don’t appreciate the new a la carte menu either! I spent $80 here for three kids and two adults! I’ll go to Outback or somewhere else for that kind of money. All we wanted was cheeseburgers, hashbrowns and a waffle.

Original review: June 22, 2022

I placed my order and watched as the manager/cook processed (cooked) one order, a hamburger, only one hamburger, and then after 15-minutes of waiting, my waiter called my order. I asked the waiter why he was just then calling my order. The cook snidely said, "he calls them (the orders) out,” as soon I "can cook them”. There was a very small number of customers in the restaurant, and apparently only one customer before me, as this cook had to cook the one hamburger BEFORE he could start my order, as we had words, I asked to speak to the manager, and he confessed/revealed himself as "the manager” and invited me to “take my waffle and leave”.

I am disappointed that a cook that is only capable of cooking one meal at time, should be elevated to the level of Manager. I left at the “cook/manager’s” insistence. This is the first bad experience that I’ve had at a Waffle House since ya’ll have moved into my neighborhood. I think that Waffle House may want to rethink this “Manager’s” position,

Waffle House Company Information