3.4/5 (174 ratings)

About Waffle House

Waffle House Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Waffle House?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Waffle House?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Worst Waffle House I've ever been to! There was only one person being served. After I sat down and got ignored by the entire staff! The waitress walked back and forth and refused to come to my table! When I went up to the waiter Who was serving a customer to ask if they were closed or not the guy shook his head and continued to ignore me and my husband. The cook walked back and forth behind the counter ignoring me, doing nothing. The waitress walked in the back room and never came out. This is a poor excuse of a Waffle House, and there was no reason to get treated this way. I hope the staff gets their life together and realize, how they come across at work is a reflection of themselves and the business they work for. I'm sure if them it was on the other foot, there would have been some horrible Mr. & Mrs. Karen's. What a shame.

Original review: July 14, 2022

We have a Waffle House on Lady’s Island, SC. Ever since Covid, no one is ever at this location! Even after advertising their reopening…dining is closed, call ins only, try to call and get a recorded message saying come to the store because they're busy with dine in, go to the store and doors are locked with no one around! What’s the point! Waffle House is 24/7. This location is crap! I don’t appreciate the new a la carte menu either! I spent $80 here for three kids and two adults! I’ll go to Outback or somewhere else for that kind of money. All we wanted was cheeseburgers, hashbrowns and a waffle.

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 22, 2022

I placed my order and watched as the manager/cook processed (cooked) one order, a hamburger, only one hamburger, and then after 15-minutes of waiting, my waiter called my order. I asked the waiter why he was just then calling my order. The cook snidely said, "he calls them (the orders) out,” as soon I "can cook them”. There was a very small number of customers in the restaurant, and apparently only one customer before me, as this cook had to cook the one hamburger BEFORE he could start my order, as we had words, I asked to speak to the manager, and he confessed/revealed himself as "the manager” and invited me to “take my waffle and leave”.

I am disappointed that a cook that is only capable of cooking one meal at time, should be elevated to the level of Manager. I left at the “cook/manager’s” insistence. This is the first bad experience that I’ve had at a Waffle House since ya’ll have moved into my neighborhood. I think that Waffle House may want to rethink this “Manager’s” position,

Original review: June 4, 2022

My waitress didn't keep my glass full. They brought the wrong items and I am not happy. I shouldn't have had to wait as long as I did or listen to what these ladies had going on at home. You should really retrain them.

Original review: April 17, 2022

Stopping to eat with my 9 yr old son in Carrollton KY. A few customers but not extremely busy. We got our drinks and my son knocked his cup over spilling his sprite. The waitress brought over 2 small dish rags and a garbage can and walked away. I cleaned up the mess and draped the soaking wet rags over the edge of garbage can and set the can at the end of the table on the floor. I set the empty glass on the outer edge of the table. Part of our order came out and the server put it on the table and walked away. We waited another 10 minutes to get an order of scrambled eggs. The garbage can remained at the end of our table until another waitress brought the eggs and then took the can away. I then I had to ask for a refill on the spilled drink.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

This was my first time ordering takeout and the food was excellent! Go hungry because they give you a good amount of food. Fast service, friendly and Served Hot! I ordered the bacon, egg and hash brown skillet and my daughter had the waffle.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

We called to place our order, no one answered. We then came in, the ** manager do not care about the customers. They do not care. The young lady was outside socializing and not taking orders. No one was in the restaurant, I don't see why the was not answering the phone. If you running a business make sure the people on duty care about making money and serving customers.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

Went in about 9:40pm on November 20, 2021. Waitress told us they weren't serving anyone else tonight. Waffle House is open 24 hours a day. Claimed they didn't have enough employees. There were 3 people working the grill and 3 waitresses and only about 7 people in there. She told us to go the the Forest location and they would serve us. We went to Forest and they had 3 people working there. Smiled and welcomed us as soon as we walked in. Our waitress was Ash and she took good care of us. Our meal was cooked well and very quick.

I told them about Timberlake location and was told they have done that a lot in recent months. If they don't want to work then don't let someone who really wants a job be hired. Timberlake location is less than 3 minutes from our home. Forest is across town but I will certainly drive a little further to be treated like they want to serve you. Thank you to Ash and the other 2 workers. We will be back to see you. To Timberlake we won't be back to eat there. I hope the district manager sees this and does something about it. What they did was awful and every one of those 6 people there should be fired.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

The best experience at the waffle house on N. Cove Blvd. in Panama City Florida. All of the staff was extremely welcoming and friendly. I have never had a better experience in a restaurant. Everyone greeted me with smiles and light pleasant conversation. Food was delivered first and it was good also.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I asked them if they use any type of butter products to cook the eggs and hash browns because I am allergic to dairy. They told me that they used oil and I have been sick all day. Thank you very much. Seems like they just wanted me to spend money but was not concerned about me or my health. I will never go back.

Waffle House Company Information