3.66/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Waffle House

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Waffle House Reviews

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

The hash browns taste good, the waffles taste good, the burgers taste good, but the best thing by far is the biscuits and gravy, with some chocolate milk, it be so good. I wish I could go everyday but I cant because I would get fat.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Evelynn is new but you would never be able to tell it. She has been excellent at Customer Service both times I have been there which keeps me coming back. Megan was Awesome as well. Such a great team.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: May 21, 2019

New manager is amazing. Servers Kassie and Laurel are always cheerful and go out of their way to take care of customers. Cooks Seth and John always send out amazing hot food fast. Laurel is by far my favorite employee.

Original review: April 7, 2019

This WH was on Beach Blvd across from Gate Car Wash & Target. The first impression was a "Good Morning" greeting from the staff opening the front door! Then the waiter quickly took our order and continuously asked how the food tasted. The place was clean and orderly. A fantastic experience. You gotta go there!

Original review: March 6, 2019

My husband and I went to store number 984 and our server was (**)! She is the sweetest person ever. My husband and I was at the high bar when a homeless lady came in to order a sandwich and we heard ** say to a customer that was going to pay for the lady’s sandwich, "No it’s okay I’ll get it." But the customer said, "No let me." I left in tears. It’s been a long time since I’ve heard anybody want to be that kind to another. May God bless those 3 people and their families!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Waffle House?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

I love Waffle House. I’ve eaten here for years. Opelika Alabama Waffle House is the worst one I’ve been in for sure. Every other Waffle House I’ve ever been in they act like they’ve known you for years. I’ve been here for 40 minutes and I always wait to be seated. It’s rude to just sit down somewhere. I finally had to just sit down, and that was 20 minutes ago. Not a single worker here has even remotely acknowledged the fact that I’m here even though they have all looked at me multiple times. I’m not even sitting at a table. I’m sitting at the bar stools. I’m writing this as they continue to walk by me like I don’t even exist. I’m assuming it’s because I’m the only ** person that has been in here since I got here. Every other person that has walked in has gotten taken care of immediately, and is eating happily. This is sad and disappointing. I’ll never return to this Waffle House again, and am quite annoyed about the whole thing.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

When my wife and I are on the road or in a different state we eat at Waffle House and never had a problem. We were in Mississippi and when I went to pay my bill the cashier told me I get a military discount because I'm a Vet. I was surprised. And thanked them. When I got back to Maryland and went to my Waffle House and asked them about the discount they told me, "Yes it's our policy." But when I went into store 2172 I asked the waitress about the discount and she told me that they don't do it. I told her that, "Your other stores do" but the manager here does not and said that the company does not give a discount to Vets. Does this guy make up his own policy and said the heck with the company. How does this make the other stores look?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I am so aggravated with the Waffle House in Fallston MD. First of all, we love to order here. But lately we have not been. I have had so many different issues but the main one is that they do not answer the phone - morning, noon or late night, they just do not answer. I work evenings and don’t get home until 11-12 at night so I love to stop and get Waffle House on my way home. Most recently I tried calling when I was about 15 min away and no answer, it just rang and rang. So I continued to call and call the whole way there. I stopped across the street at the Royal Farms for gas and look over and there isn’t one car in the parking lot - originally I thought they were busy so that’s why they weren’t answering - nope not one customer. I see 2 employees sitting outside smoking - meanwhile I’m still trying to call.

Finally I make my way over. I walk in while the employees are still outside and stand at the counter for maybe a minute before they came in. I guess they had to finish smoking. Finally I place my order. I asked how come no one was answering the phone and they said it never rang. So I called again while standing there - it rang! Anyway so I place my order - I look to my right and see the cook get up from the table - he was sleeping at the table with his jacket over his head! I didn’t even noticed him there until he got up!! So he was there the whole time while the phone was ringing and everyone else was outside! Never got up to answer the call. At this point I’m so mad but I get the food anyway bc I really do love the food and I was starving.

Fast forward a few weeks bc after that experience I didn’t order for a while when I would normally order 2-3 times a week, I call on a Sunday early afternoon and again no one answers but I decided to try to call one more time before going there and someone answers - Fallston Waffle House - I said, "Yes I would like to place a to go order.." She says, "We’re not taking any orders over the phone, you will have to come in." Ok I get it - they’re busy. But if you can answer the phone why can’t you just take my to go order? Isn’t that the same thing as me coming in and telling you the order? This really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I am totally over this place. Not to mention I have had several other problems with this location.

One day I was calling and calling and finally went over there and the manager was there and I told him no one was answering and he looks at the phone and it’s off the hook! Also they have several different cooks which I understand but they all cook differently too, the food is never consistent - if you can’t cook an over easy or over med egg you prob shouldn’t work at a place cooking breakfast. Our order is always the same - bacon egg and cheese, Texas melt sandwich with either an over easy or over medium egg - 9/10 we get the egg and the yolk is fully cooked - the point is to have the yolk runny when you bite into the sandwich - if I wanted a cooked yolk I would just get the sandwich with a scrambled egg!

Can’t tell you how many times we have to have it remade. It’s very disheartening - I love it there but something needs to change in order for me to continue ordering from there. I have also emailed several times and never get a response. Not very good customer service. Waffle House needs to work on their consistency and also their policies and procedures - I get it - you're busy.. Most places are - so you would rather lose a customer than take an order over the phone? Makes no sense at all.

Original review: March 14, 2019

My family and I just left Waffle House on Dillerville Rd, Lancaster PA. I will NEVER go back there again. The waiter brought us out 1 plate at a time. He (Stewart) did come back and tell us the B & G would be approximately 10 min longer and ask if we wanted to wait or remove from our order. We agreed to wait. No receipt was ever given when I went up to pay. He ask where the receipt was. I explained to him we never received one. After he continue to argue with me that he placed it on the table. He went and lifted every plate up to make sure it had not got stuck on the bottom of the plate.

He actually went outside to my car and ask my husband what he did with the receipt. When he came back in he was laughing. "I had it in my apererin the whole time." No apologies no nothing. When I was walking out the door he mouthed something to me. I refused to sink to his level and walked out. Once in the car I called and ask to speak to the manager, of course Stewart answered the phone in the background I could hear him say, "MANAGER it's that woman that just left." I just hung up. Not real sure what has happened to that location but I went there before but I refuse to ever go back.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

My friend and I had breakfast at the Waffle House at 8582 Navarre Pkwy at 0900-hrs on 19 November 2018. The service was prompt and polite, and the quality of the food was excellent. The shift supervisor was proactive in ensuring we were satisfied with everything. They were also very conscientious - my friend ordered a cup of decaf coffee to-go when we first sat down, and they didn't bring it until we were ready to leave! No reminder necessary! No wonder this Waffle House is almost always crowded with customers.

Waffle House Company Information