2. Shopping
  3. Chain Restaurants

3.6/5 (163 ratings)

About Waffle House

Waffle House Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Waffle House?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Waffle House?

Original review: May 26, 2021

Just leaving Waffle House 61st street Galveston, TX May 26th 2021. Waitress didn't seem to want to be there. Food came before my drinks. Eggs to runny. Couldn't get Waitress. Cook named Cricket saw I needed help. Took my Eggs and remade them better. Don't know Waitress name.. No name tag.. Waffle was just Not as good as Houston location 45N. and Rankin.

Original review: March 15, 2021

Me and my wife stopped in to have breakfast this morning and we were sieved menu’s that had not been wiped down and the table had not been wipe either. Where they sat us was only about 3ft from other customers. My coffee was served in a cup that had fresh lipstick on the rim. They are not wiping down the condiments after people use them and then they hand them to others to use. My food came to me wrong and they did not want make it right so I did not eat. All of that and we are sitting there and a few roaches come out from under the stove and one of the workers started stepping on them to kill them. All of this in one visit. I would really be surprised if there isn’t COVID going around in there. Lots of people not wearing masks when they come in. Terrible place to be.

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 4, 2021

Earlier today I came in and got a drink and it tasted really Weird so I asked an employee. I believe it was a new girl to get me another drink and she did and that one tasted a lot better than the first one.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

We stopped at the Waffle House 936, 53 Travelers Rest Road, Jasper, GA; Ticket #** November 14th at 3:12; User & Sales: Cashier; to get something to eat. We have always loved eating at the WH by our home and thank goodness this isn't the one that we have to use all the time. There was another man and woman eating there too.

A guy came out from behind the counter and started dusting the vents in the ceiling. First the dust mop was filthy and big hunks of dirt were dropping everywhere before he even got it to the ceiling. He started behind the counter with dirt dropping on top of it. When he started to come back over top of us, my husband told him to stop and go away! His response (which was true) was that, "I'm just doing what I was told to do." He went back to the manager and told them and not anytime before we left did anyone wipe off the table and counter. As the manager walked by us, all we got was a dirt look. We paid our bill and left. Nasty - Nasty. After coming home I went to the WH website and reported what happened thinking that I would get some kind of response, but never heard anything. I guess it wasn't that important to them.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2020

When we entered we was told we could set at a high top or if we waited a minute she would clean a low top for us. We choose to wait. It was not busy at all. The girl took 15 min. to get the dishes off of the table and then went over and started washing them. We walked over towards the table and the lady said, "You can’t set until she wipes it off." I understand about COVID, I am someone who wears their mask. I have auto immune induced lung disease. However it shouldn’t take 15 min. to clear a table and why not wipe it and sanitize it instead of going and washing dishes for another 15 min. Then when someone says something, your co-worker starts being rude.

I get it if they have a certain way they have to do things but when the place is dead, there is no reason you can’t be nice and say, "I am sorry, it’s taking so long but I have to clean table off, wash dishes then wipe table." Their rudeness is why we left and didn’t eat. We have always had very good experience with the Waffle House. It’s actually one of our favorite places but if today is what service we will get when we visit I don’t know that it will continue to be one of our first choices. This was at the Waffle House in Lexington Va.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

Potential COVID contamination... Several regular customers not wearing masks or in possession of masks and friendly but loud shouting at each other..loud laughing... Management did nothing.. My food potentially contaminated. Potential death sentence for me. 2. One waitress wearing her mask halfway on continually. 3. Another waitress pulling her mask down to shout orders potentially spreading COVID over entire cooking area. Blatant disregard for Pandemic safety and total lack of any management intervention.

Original review: July 28, 2020

I ordered one large cup of coffee to go. The price was $2.89. This was 5 AM and I was the only customer on the premises. That’s $3 for a cup of coffee. I questioned the cashier to be sure I correctly heard what she said. I wouldn’t purchase it and I departed the store.

Original review: July 20, 2020

We tried for ten mins to call and place an order and they wouldn't answer the phone so we went by to place our order and the cook was out somewhere else and the only employee there was outside smoking talking to someone. Columbia TN

Original review: April 11, 2020

This morning I stopped in to get breakfast at this Waffle House. They didn't have any gravy for the meal I wanted, so I was going to get my regular omelet. The cook asked if I had 5 minutes. He made me home made gravy, right there on the grill top. Louie, Peaches & Lachasedy, Thank for the excellent service you provide. Louie, YOU DA MAN!

Original review: March 2, 2020

My sisters and I was in Durham, NC celebrating my birthday. We went to Waffle House for supper. The waitress, **, did not even greet us. She never smiled or showed any kindness. She was very cold and unwelcoming. Once she took our order, she never came back to the table to offer us additional refills on our drinks. When we called her over, she acted as though we were bothering her. When we paid, she did not give us a receipt. On the other hand, the cook, **, did a good job cooking the food. The Waffle House location was: Waffle House #844. 112 E NC Highway 54 Durham NORTH CAROLINA 27713-2136 US.

Waffle House Company Information