1.48/5
Based on 103 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

117 Waffle House Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 1, 2015

Every time I order a to go meal from Waffle House it is the same repeated order and every time if I do not ask or remind, they forget to put the chili on the hash browns and the gravy on the hash brown. The last order that we placed there, they got it completely screwed up and backwards and this is every single time and not one time have I been offered a receipt.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2015

Williamsport Waffle House - When I received the food it was cold not warm but cold and it tasted awful so I went back to get my money back. When I got to the Waffle House the staff was hostile and turned onto an angry mob. While I was waiting on my money she kept making excuses about the food and became extremely belligerent and angry. Then the entire staff was verbally attacking me. It was very scary actually and 2 black men followed me as I exited the building. I was truly tired and fearful for my safety. Considering taking safety measures at my home as they now know where I live. Safe to say I wont be going to any waffle house any time soon. I believe they hire convicted criminals fresh out of jail... Very sad and scary.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: July 29, 2015

I have been a well paying customer for some time. I had an altercation with a waitress. I said I thought another waitress looked very pretty.. Next thing I know on the fourth of July my phone gets blown up with text from the lady I commented about. I been talking about her and it needs to stop. Ok... I thought about it awhile and I confronted the waitress about her gossip. Later another employee told me she had been telling everyone I threatened her. Not true. tried to explain to her that gossip and teasing, bullying at a place like that needs to stop. How many people have gone postal over less? I do not want to be enjoying my eggs and get a bullet because of her gossip. I have seen many regular customers lately get ran off over stupid gossip and harassment. A local lawyer, a man and wife that has a heavy equipment business, several people from different walks of life. There is, I have found a lot of regular customers gone.

Never coming back. Can a business like yours pick and chose who you want for customers? Not if you want to make money. I was banned from there accused of making threats I did not make. The waitress is a gossip and she lies. Now my good name is tarnished. And you lost about $20-$40 dollars a day from me. And I came very often. Sad. The "owners" believe a lie over a long time customer. I do not think the owners=The Odoms need the franchise anymore. You need to find new owners... And have them drop the criminal trespass held at the police dept. It is a unfair thing to hold over someones head with no recourse. I may seek a court decision on this, maybe a lawsuit will open Mr. ** eyes. And I pray every day that the gossip will not cause an incident. We read and hear about such things every day.

I have many friends at Waffle House. I do not want to read about something awful happening there. I could not bear it. They do not pay the employees very well there. I hear they cheat them often. I gave one employee insulin because he could not afford it. Sad. Do I sound like a person that would harm anyone there? I made a vow years ago to never hurt another living thing. I intend to keep my vow. Thank you for reading a rather long letter. Now it's up to you Waffle House. Make it right!

Original review: July 21, 2015

On 7/10/15 @ 11:50 approx. My husband and I visited this establishment. My husband needed to eat due to medical condition and I got us lost. We went in; ordered, place was dirty, employees standing around. Food came, my husband started to eat (grits and bacon, old) and I ordered a chicken salad which was wilted. I didn't want it and I didn't order anything else. After a few minutes a person approached us and said "Nothing is wrong with this salad." She was upset and said we should pay for it, although I didn't even touch. Then she stood there and watched us. After that she said we disrespected her and for us to leave now, or she would call police. I said "My husband is sick - needs to finish, then we'll be happy to go." She even brought to go boxes.

As we left two cooks followed us out. OK we're old and my husband is sick. All we wanted was a meal and to be left alone to finish. Contacted Waffle House customer service and owners, sent me a few coupons, I sent back. They checked out the video and said the manager was wrong. But she's still there. So if you want to be degraded, threatened, and humiliated by all means go to a Waffle House in Tempe, Mesa, Apache Junction, Az.

Original review: July 3, 2015

Night shift is always very poor service. Coffee cold, workers are on some kind of drug for it to be new - they are making Waffle House look bad - dirty floors, manager sucks, lost cook, lost sausage, very poor service. Until a elderly lady - I think ** - clock in and got it in order. She should be manager. Before you lose your customers put her in charge and Waffle House will profit. Thanks and god bless america.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Waffle House?

Original review: June 13, 2015

Food was hot... and fresh cooked the way I asked. Everyone was very pleasant. Will definitely come back.

Original review: May 23, 2015

This is about the Waffle House in Little Rock and North Little Rock Arkansas. My wife and I go into a Waffle House and there are 10 employees on the working floor and we go in and sit down. There are 10 customers already there when we came in. Some were already eating. We sat there for 10 min and the our counter still had dirty dishes in front of us. We called out and got our drink order out and they finally got the drinks and the counter cleaned. 6 of the employees were standing in a bunch in the middle of the floor discussing life. As we heard ourselves. The manager was washing dishes because the tables were full of dirty dishes.

Well to make a long story short we finally got our food ordered and when it finally came it was wrong but got it corrected. The only reason I'm writing this is because this is the second time in two visits at different stores. To be fair there is one store we normally go to that has excellent service. Even when things are going wrong there we get above average service.

Original review: May 10, 2015

Table tops felt wiped at, not cleaned, stained coffee cups, floors looked as though they had not been swept completely for many shifts. The attitude of some of the waitress need a LOT of work!! Some uniforms look really unkempt.

Original review: May 2, 2015

Waffle House 5875 Tx-105 Beaumont Texas 77708 - Called in a order for pickup. Price was higher than normal. I ask why? I was told I was charged 10% gratuity. Please explain to me why I'm being charged for services that was not given to me. This have to be against the law. Its my choice.

Original review: May 1, 2015

On Sunday after church for several weeks we have stopped in for lunch at WH in Maumelle, Arkansas on I-40. Last Sunday we thought we would try one more time to see if service was offered that day. There were a few customers on one end of store with workers on break at the tables in that area. A worker was sweeping in the area where we stood for a few minutes. We left after a few minutes when no offered to wait on us. Service has been poor there lately but this was the worst. We won't return to that location. In years past it was a pleasant place. Sad to see it decline so.

Original review: April 30, 2015

I had never been to a WH before this. A friend and I came here, the table we sat at was dirty. It wasn't cleaned until five minutes later. Waitress was impatient, played around in a group of staff around the flat top stove w/ cooks. When we were ready to order I called out three-four times w/ no answer or acknowledgement. The place wasn't busy. After that we just walked out and as we were doing, so the whole crew laughed. I'm thinking how in the world are they in business?! And for the people who come on here and say "Oh don't let 'one bad experience' be your judge", my career is w/ a company that wants to be the #1 retailer in the world for starters and I've always worked for companies like that. When I am handed lousy service that's the first and last time. Horrible service seems to prove epidemic for WH though. If a person goes out of their way to write a review, IT'S PROBABLY TRUE.

Original review: April 4, 2015

My wife and I arrived at the Waffle House on Elysian Fields Avenue, in New Orleans at about 11am on 04 April 15. And after a 40 minute wait, we were seated by a District Manager (**). He gave us some Silverware that still had food on it. And when we asked for Plastic-ware we were told that it would cost 20% of our total bill. You bring me dirty Silverware and I have to pay you again to get sanitary eating utensils. What is this world coming to?

Original review: March 16, 2015

Waffle House 3255 Florence Rd, Powder Springs Ga, Store #1496. On 03-15-2015 at around 2:45 PM I entered the Waffle House (above Location) to order 2 breakfasts to go. I walked in and had a seat at the counter. No one greeted me or waited on me for a good 5 minutes (maybe longer). Finally a waitress named ** came up and asked me if I had been waited on. I stated "No." She told me that she could not wait on me because she was off the clock. She did ask me if I would care for something to drink. I told her "No thank you." It appeared that I walked in as a shift change was happening because I observed two or three other waitresses leaving.

I continued to sit at the counter when a young black male waiter came up to the counter from the cooking side and told me that he would help me as soon as he got another pad. I assumed pad meant a ticket book. It took another 5 minutes and finally he comes up to me to take my order. (total time 10 minutes). Before he could write down anything a black female came up and interrupted and asked him if he could take her order and he did. It took another 3 minutes for him to convey her order to the young black female cook. It was a total of 13 minutes before he finally took my order. I placed an order for two Texas toast with bacon and eggs with hash browns.

As I watched the cook preparing orders, she continually asked the male waiter "What was it I was suppose to cook?" He reminded her at least 3 times what the orders were. As I continued to observe her, I saw her place my bread to my order on a very dirty surface that had remnants of food pieces along with a filthy dish towel laying next to my sandwich bread. By this time she was done with three other orders of hamburgers with hash browns and told the waiter to pick up. As he did he told her that one of the burgers was burnt, she (the cook) told him "So what, somebody will eat it." I had seen, had heard enough and just walked out disgusted. I went to the Waffle House located on Hwy 92 at Hwy 278 in Hiram Ga. I was greeted at the door when I came in and my order was taken immediately and done in 15 min or less. This store was quick and clean.

Original review: March 6, 2015

African American employee treated unfairly. I was terminated because I am pregnant and unable to perform as other non pregnant waitresses. I was told by my Dr. I can't do any heavy lifting over 5 pounds and no standing for long periods of time. Just the usual things that pregnant women can't do. I was asked to pick up heavy mop buckets and most of the thing a pregnant women can't do. I was ask to bring a Dr. Notes stating what I can and cannot do. I brought in a Dr. Letter only to find out I was let go due to my restrictions.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2015

Was working at Waffle House for two and a half years. Got a new manager and she blamed me for food costs. I was only working at this time part time. Five to nine and nine to seven. Don't understand what I had to do with food costs. I'm a waitress. She subsequently took me off the schedule just telling me when I'm on my shift food costs were high. I've never had those problems till she came. I'm a hard worker and respect my job. I want to dispute this matter for I was taken off the schedule for no reason that I understand.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2015

I ate at Waffle House on Platt Springs Rd in Lexington, SC and have been deathly sick for two days from food poisoning.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2015

Went to Nashville Waffle House 4 times now. Waitress didn't have a clue what she was doing, screwed order up every time. All 3 employees sitting around doing nothing, has to get their attention to get food etc. They need to get it together.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2015

I ordered my food, went to the restroom, came back. My food was on the bar waiting for me with a Roach on my plate and then I seen like 3 more around the bar or was. So disgusting. I told the manager. She just said, "You want me to cook another plate?" I said no. So she rudely snatched my plate and threw it away saying, "Well have a good day," and overheard her telling an employee that, "She must've thought I was going to give her free food, sorry." I'll never go back to roach house.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2015

I recently visited the Waffle House in Senatobia MS and there was this rude waitress there. Idk her name but she was an older woman. When I placed my order, she was so rude that I said, "Don't worry about it. I'll go somewhere else." So she was like, "I don't care. Go somewhere else." I like a nice and clean restaurant but while I was sitting at the bar, I noticed grease caked up on the side of the grill, food all under the grill, plates were left on the table, an employee sitting down, on the phone and not cleaning up. So I videoed it till next time if I come back. I videoed everything from the back to the front bar and all.

From afar, I noticed something crawling on the wall beside the drink machine. So I got up and walked (decided to go ahead and order) and it was two big cockroaches crawling on the wall. That's just nasty. Who would want to eat in a roach infested restaurant? I told the cook, "Never mind." and left. I will not go back until that place is sprayed, bombed or whatever needs to be done. I don't see how they are still open.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2015

Bad service and servers. When you're serving you're suppose to check on your customers regular and keep their drinks full... Not go outside when you're busy nor ignore your customers nor the business!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2015

I went in to Waffle House for breakfast. The smoking section was to the left side of restaurant, so I went to the right - NON-SMOKING section. Then, I went to the booth since it was furthest away from the smoke, when order taker said, I have to sit at the counter (near smoking section). I said, "I prefer to sit in the booth away from the truckers' smoke." He insisted that, "the booth is for more than one." Keep in mind, there was no one waited to be seated. I calmly replied, "charge me for two people, I want to sit away from the smoke." He got the manager, and the guy said, sorry, booth is for more than one person. Bad decision and Waffle House needs to address this issue which costs them revenue and customers(?). I left and went to IHOP - and yes, sat in a booth!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2014

Waffle House is violating our 2nd amendment rights to protect ourselves in case of robbery and customers being scared when the stores are shot up while we are eating. A sign is posted outside stating NO WEAPONS ALLOWED ON WAFFLE HOUSE PROPERTY. I cannot legally protect myself from injury or death if confronted in a robbery by a thief that has a gun or knife. I have a constitutional right to defend myself in a life or death situation. Therefore I urge every law abiding citizen with a concealed weapons permit to BOYCOTT waffle house until these signs are removed! Waffle House is the perfect place to rob since no one is carrying a gun except the thieves.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2014

Waffle House #1849 1245 North Broad Street Monroe Ga.30656. Met a friend here tonight for supper-coffee- and some catching up time. Had a hard time even hearing each other across the table....not because establishment was full-- we were the only paying customers in the place at this time....The cook, one of the waitress and what looked to be a friend were horsing around most of the time we were there...which was 1.5 hours. The "friend" grabbed jacket from waitress... was throwing it around-even around counter-then he grabbed her visor and did the same thing. This waitress also went to bathroom... came back into cooking area. Never saw her wash her hands... just put on sanitizer... Well before leaving...a man carrying a $ bag came in. I asked if he was in charge. He was like, "I guess". Told him my complaint. He wasn't even really listening. Needless to say, I was like "I will just call corporate and complain." Friend and I walked out... and they ALL started laughing about the incident - even guy in charge.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2014

Guys, Waffle House is AMAZING! The ones I have been to (about 7) have nice people serving food! Why, oh why do you complain about such an amazing restaurant! You had ONE bad experience, don't go to that Waffle House! This is just my opinion, but waffle house is good.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2014

At the waffle house in Conover, NC on highway 70, a employee by the name of ** talked about lying on app. She said that they don't do record checks because she said she didn't have a criminal record but in reality she does. Also she admitted to lying about having a HS diploma/GED... She don't have a GED, little on a diploma. She didn't wear a hair net, didn't wash her hands after smoking, and had very vulgar language. I will not be returning and I will tell everyone I know to go to a different waffle house.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2014

After the waitress, not the cook, severed me raw uncooked hash browns I didn't say anything till I checked out. I told her I would pay for everything but the uncooked hash browns. She went all crazy on me. So I took back the ticket and told her I would take it up with the manager tomorrow and walk out not to make a scene. The next morning at 8:00 AM when I went back to straighten out the matter the manager stop me at the door and told me I was banned from the Waffle House and would not even listen to any thing I said. I am going to call Waffle House main office in Waycross Georgia on Monday Aug 25, 2014.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2014

Today my dad and I went to a waffle house. The address was 2886 Clairmont Rd NE Atlanta GA 30329. When we went to sit down a employee named ** came to greet us, but my dad was on the phone and she asked him the usual greeting. See my dad didn't reply because he didn't hear her. She got pissed and glared at him and I caught that and when she looked back at me she saw that I caught her. When we ordered our drinks she brought them to us, but she put them so far that we couldn't reach it. My dad was like "oh my god!" and she was like "Did I put it too far way sir" and then my dad said "You know what, it's alright." She noticed that my dad was pissed off and she started putting out sweet lines to cover it up. All I’m trying to say is that she should fix her ** attitude and watch her mouth and fix that customer service or else I won't mind asking her what the hell is wrong with her.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2014

The worst Waffle House 940. Old Hickory Rd, TN, 37211. I went to purchase breakfast for my wife and myself this morning (8.10.14). I usually try not to get upset there because I know it's really bottom level service and hygiene practices, but this morning took the cake. I went in to a moderate am out of other customers, no lines and a few empty seats. One waitress was washing what looked like dishes or something. I sat at the counter to order my to-go plates when water shot across the counter into my face bouncing from the pile of dirty dishes. The waitress made no apologies so I grabbed a couple of napkins and wiped my half drenched face off. OK, no problem. I thought knowing manners isn't necessarily a part of the service here. I made my order with the same waitress and then proceeded to wait for my order to be ready. I started playing one of the games on my phone to pass the time. 25 minutes later, I'm looking at my to-go containers sitting on the side of the kitchen. OK, looks like I'm almost ready, not the case. I sat and watched a couple of people get served while I watched my food get cold. One waitress seeing me getting frustrated seemed to start to attend to my food.

By this time, the original waitress decided it was now time to complete my order by starting to make the waffles. This is 30 something minutes in, plus my food just sitting open. I then watched and waited cold waffles as the machine was through cooking them and they sat in the machine unattended. By this time, there were half the amount people as most had been served and left. The waitress whom I watched handle cash, wash dishes and wiped the counter without a hand wash sink her fingers into one of the waffles, I guess to feel the temperature as it was sitting for a while in the waffle maker. She then proceeds to hold my waffle full hand to place it in the container... There was another waitress who handled the second waffle who had enough sense to use a utensil. To top it off, the waffle was not a full one, a 3/4 waffle. Cold food, nasty hygiene. I have been to this location before and it always seems to be the same.. No more Waffle House dollars from my pocket, period. I ended up leaving the waffle on the counter feeling so disgusted with the hygiene and service.

Original review: July 17, 2014

My waitress called me a ** and told me not to come back. I had ordered hash browns with mushrooms and chili. When I called her attention to the fact that they were plain, I ask that she just take them off my bill. She informed me that my friend had gotten the mushrooms and someone was going to pay for them. I told her that she had gotten the order wrong. Things went downhill from there. Will never go to University and Jordan Lane Waffle House again. Huntsville, AL.

Original review: June 28, 2014

It was 2:05 a.m. in the morning when an irate server yelled at me and demanded that I leave the restaurant after having a biscuit, sausage and gravy breakfast and 2 cups of coffee. I haven't been at the place not even an hour and I was asked to leave. I was not a rude or disruptive customer in any way, yet there were other guest that were loud and rude and were not given a time limit on their dining experience! I refrained from putting up an argument with the irate server in question even though I felt pressured and disrespected.... I promptly paid my bill and left in peace but I vowed never to eat at that location again and I wouldn't recommend it to my friends either!

Waffle House Company Information