2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.05/5

Uber Eats is a food delivery service from Uber, the popular rideshare app. With Uber Eats, customers use a website or app to order food from a choice of hundreds of restaurants and have it delivered directly to their door for a small fee. Many popular restaurants work with the company.

Uber Eats Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uber Eats?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uber Eats?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

They will send you an offer for a delivery with an amount of money to perform that delivery. When you accept complete the delivery Uber won’t pay the entire amount you agreed upon to perform the delivery. Example: you agree to perform a delivery for $15. When you complete the delivery they only pay you $4 and tell you, "Oh well the customer changed their mind and did not give you the tip," there is nothing they can do. So deceiving!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

I received an email from Uber EATS on November 12th of 2020 and I gave me a promo code for $30 off if I spend $1 or more. So I was waiting to use that since at the bottom of the email it said it was good for 14 days from the receipt of the promo code. Which would be the 12th. So I told my boyfriend that we have until the day before Thanksgiving to order something from Uber eats pretty much free and we just pay the fees. He was on board with that. Yesterday I received an email reminding me of the promo code and that how it's expiring soon and at the bottom of that email it also says the 14 days from the receipt of promo code, which would be the 12th, so I said, "Okay let's use it tomorrow for lunch" and he agreed. So we wake up this morning and we're doing our morning routine and we want to order our lunch so we could pick it up around our normal lunch time.

I got to put the promo code in and it says it's expired. Which doesn't make any sense because on both emails it said it's good for 14 days from the receipt of the promo. Not wanting to spend any more money than I have to, I reach out to Uber, via Twitter and app. It's really hard again contact with them but they somehow found me through the app and I messaged them on Twitter and tweeted at them. They told me that that has been expired and there's no way to use expired codes. I told them I completely understand that there's no way to use expired codes, however there's a make any sense to say that it's expired when it says that it's good for 14 days and it's still within the 14 days and I have not used it and I have never ordered from Uber eats so I should be able to use that coupon code.

They keep saying the same thing that it's expired and there's no way to use it and on their app they completely cut communication with me and asked for me to rate them. I could not reply anymore. So I did and I give them one star. I will never use Uber eats again. That is clearly false advertising and only to get used to download their app.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

I received a $25.00 coupon code via email. I’ve never used Uber Eats and was excited about it. I noticed that there are a lot of fees as I kept looking at the app and restaurants. I planned to use the coupon for dinner when my family would be home. So we can all enjoy a take out meal. Well, I put the code in the app, and my receipt showed the full amount. The code coupon didn’t go through. I called the restaurant, they said call UberEats. I called UberEats and they said they don’t handle coupon codes and that I have to go through the app. What a nightmare.

My first contact back from UberEats was that they don’t recognize my email. But you sent the coupon code to my email address. Then they asked for a copy of my receipt and the coupon code, which I sent. Then they said they didn’t get my message. These seem to be automated messages because it just doesn’t make any sense. Then they said my code is not valid. What??? I ask them to explain. Is it a fake coupon? It sure wasn’t an expired coupon.

Then the last message they sent, without answering my question, was that they are not accepting any more messages from me. What kind of company is this? I am just disgusted. They ripped me off. I would never have used UberEats if I didn’t get that coupon. The restaurant is 2 miles away and the fees are high. And they don’t have a customer service number to deal with this issue. I’ll never use UberEats or Uber again. The company is not customer service friendly. And they will not get anything from me again. I’m not supporting any businesses that don’t care enough to listen to customer concerns.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

My experience is similar to others who reviewed them. I also kept receiving emails about a $30 credit for first time use. So I decided to try. The discount never came up and then I emailed them and they said it wasn't valid. Really? Well I ordered anyway (the fees are really high) but we didn't have time to cook. I received multiple texts confirming the delivery date and time. When it was 15 minutes after the delivery was supposed to arrive, I called the restaurant and they said the order was still sitting there. The restaurant said that they don't call Uber Eats when that happens but the customer had to. There is no phone number!!!

So my husband went out and picked up the food himself. Now I've been emailing back and forth with a robot who is asking me for an order number (there was none) and claiming that the email I was using was not the email I used to order the food. This is so insane. NEVER NEVER NEVER use this company. Now I have to deal with the credit card company and I'm busy packing for a move.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

They emailed me a promo code for $30 off a first order. After trying multiple times with it not working, I eventually figured out (after an exhaustive search) how to message them through Twitter. After a back & forth of several messages they claimed that the code couldn’t be used because of fraud. They gave zero explanation. When I further questioned it, they claimed that I had a second account and that multiple accounts violated their terms of service. This was literally the one and only time I have ever created an account with them. When I questioned it more, they wouldn’t give me any answers. I asked them to show me proof of the other account and they didn’t acknowledge that. The following is my last message to them as of the time of this review. I’m still waiting...

“I literally have zero reason for your service. I live in a small town in South Carolina where the cost of delivery isn’t justifiable. We can just drive less than a mile away to pick food up. And I wouldn’t ever use the car service because I’m agoraphobic and don’t go places or travel at all. The only reason I even created this account last week was because of the promo code that was emailed for a first time delivery order. So I planned to use the service once and that was it. If you’re telling me that I have another account, it must be a case of identity theft because it was not me!!!! Get to the bottom of this and get a manager to get off their butt and do something!!!”

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

I placed an order on 10/10 that totaled $42.36 however my Paypal account was charged 73.92 which I can confirm cleared my bank. Then my order was cancelled and I have yet to be refunded. Uber Eats says I wasn't charged but I accounts say otherwise.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

First off I should have not even been able to order from Starbucks as they were closed when my order went thru. Starbucks even called me and told me to cancel my order....I have had to throw out $14 of iced coffee made with milk cause it was warm..And not drinkable by the time I got it. I would have canceled the order like Starbucks told me to do but I could not figure it out on your app..I would go to help and it would tell me what to do..I would go to follow the instructions but I couldn't cancel..It would not let me. My coffee sat there for almost 45 mins..No Uber person was even listed to pick up my order till after I got the call to cancel the order. By the time the order got to me it had been almost an hour.

I have had nothing but terrible experiences with this company... Orders extremely late very often..When food was not delivered or was wrong I got the run around and had to email back and forth several times to get the proper end result.. I went away for a bit but against my better judgment I ordered from you guys...I didn't want a credit. I wanted a refund and I think THAT is the appropriate response to this issue..I will never again use their service. It is awful. After getting a second response from them they offered me a $5 credit. A lot of good that will do me when I will never use them again. I don't have these issues with Door Dash or Postmates and when there are issues they take care of their customers quickly and appropriately.

Original review: July 22, 2020

I started an Uber account at the height of the Pandemic. At first they forgot something in the order each time. Then later I started putting in orders and they would instantly be cancelled but I would be charged. They would hold my money for weeks and the restaurants would say they never received an order. The only way to reach Uber was to put in a ticket via the app. The customer service phone number says to email at support@uber.com but when you do you get a response back that says they don't check that account and no one will see the message.

There are 4 options to put in a ticket that reroute you and basically blame the customer saying do it different next time. If you put in a missing item ticket they sometimes give a refund however they will say you are exploiting their appeasements and later deny the refund. Although you are paying for the food and they aren't bringing it! I was offered a credit but when I went to put in the order and spent 45 mins doing it it wouldn't work, or I would stop using their service all together. Then I ordered from a restaurant only to get a message 2 hours later saying it was cancelled and I would have to pay for it still?

When I called the restaurant they said they didn't even do business with them and they did it all the time to force the restaurant to start working with them or face upset customers that didn't understand. They had tried contacting UBER to no response either. Last week I tried to utilize the service as they were still charging me a monthly rate even though I asked to cancel it. They brought 2/4 meals. When I put in a ticket..2 days later I gotta response saying they would issue me a refund and something called uber bucks for an additional $21 for the inconvenience and poor experiences.

The next morning I received another email saying they wouldn't issue the full refund but would only charge me $16 and refund the other 31$?? I asked what changed and where to find the $21 uber cash promised. They closed my ticket as resolved. I've put in 6 more tickets asking to speak with someone because each time they close the ticket saying the issue has already been resolved. I was then promised a $10 credit for my food being very late. Today I tried to put in an order while waiting on a response. I've reached out via email, phone, twitter and their app. There was no 10$ credit, there were no $21 in uber cash and I've not received any refund. I've spent hours trying to resolve this...as I'm typing in a ticket the food arrives from Red Robin. They forgot a salad, an artichoke dip appetizer, and all condiments and utensils which they had me check a box saying I WANTED.

I put in another ticket saying "WTF are you kidding me right now 2 days in a row?" There's no way to get ahold of them, no one reads the tickets, you get generic cut and paste responses or told they'll refund a portion of the food you paid for and didn't get or that you're exploiting their system. If you say you want to cancel the eats pass they say sure..don't do it and then say they won't refund you for the missing food because you cancelled your eats pass and aren't a valued member any longer. This is the worst customer service. Not to mention if you call the phone number says it is for emergencies but if you stay on the line it just says hang up and call 911. They are dropping the ball.

Today I called the restaurant because I noticed the receipt on the bad they sent was very different from what I ordered but it mostly what I got. The restaurant said that was what uber sent them. The restaurant also said they've been having to pay them back because they use people overseas and systems that don't put in orders correctly and the restaurant has to refund but Uber refuses to actually refund the customer. They are taking money for services they aren't provided.

I am putting together a video series with the conversations, photos, and app receipts for this company taking advantage of businesses/restaurants and customers that are struggling during this pandemic and they are profiting off of it. Look around their 1 star reviews are getting worse. Read in different cities and look for my short film detailing proof tell me if you think what I ordered matches the restaurant receipt let alone what I received. Update I received a response from my ticket saying they'd refund the dip..Nothing else and to ask for utensils if I wanted...which I specifically did.

Original review: July 5, 2020

My experiences with Uber Eats has gotten progressively worse. The most common issues are items being forgotten or the order being slightly off. This happens a majority of the time. I usually choose to live with it, since complaining about misses here and there would eat away more time than it is worth. The second major issue within a string of constant problems, is that I got a completely wrong order delivered. The restaurant traded my sides for other items and provided soda when I requested lemonade. It's like they don't ever require their drivers to verify items before delivering them. Either that or they don't have strict guidelines/requirements for their partners to adhere to. The problem is way too frequent to assume otherwise.

The latest in offenses is that I was allowed to order from a restaurant that was completely closed. I waited over an hour to be told by a driver that my order could not be completed. How does it take an hour to figure out your partner store isn't fulfilling an order request?? Don't they have to accept an order and update upon progression?

To add insult to injury, I could not cancel the order without being charged. I had to wait through 3 or 4 drivers before 1 of them finally submitted a cancellation. I tried to wait for a chat specialist to process a cancellation and it took over 10 minutes before I got in touch with anyone. By that time the order was canceled by a driver. After waiting for what was meant to be a 30 minute order, for over an hour, I was basically told "sorry about that!" They don't even try to make it right when they've greatly inconvenienced you. I've gone through all that just to say you are better off using a competitor. Their delivery service and customer service is severely lacking. I wouldn't recommend using them if they were the last delivery service on Earth. Don't waste your money.

Original review: May 31, 2020

So after order from Taco Bell and Pizza Hut they both did not delivered. One showed delivered after 45 mins and the other as customer delivery. After contacting customer care which the first was a robot it automatically issued a refund and copy and paste apology. The second might have been a person too which they replied the same. Looks like that they are taking order for the cash but not actually doing the work then holding on to customers' money for future profit.

Uber Eats Company Information