3.41/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

T.G.I. Friday's

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

T.G.I. Friday's Reviews

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

On December 2nd approximately 1:15pm I sat at a booth in the bar waiting on a friend of mine. In passing the waitress said she'd be right with me. After waiting for about 10 minutes for her to return I finally asked the bartender for a drink. After the bartender made my drink the waitress returned with a glass of water. When she saw that I had a cocktail she turned to the bartender and rolled her eyes as if it was a problem. I explained to her that I ordered a drink from the bartender because I figured she was busy. I went on to tell her that I was waiting on someone who is always late, so I'm just going to have a drink but we'd order food once she arrived. The waitress came back to the table a few more times asking did I want to order anything. I explained to her that my friend was in a car accident up the street but would she would be coming shortly, so I ordered another drink while I was waiting.

A few minutes after my friend arrived 2 police officers came in wanting to speak with her outside in regards to her accident. Immediately it became the topic of conversation among the employees in the restaurant. I decided to get up and take a look out the door to see if everything was ok with my friend. I left both our purses at the booth, to show I wasn’t walking out on the check and I didn’t go all the way outside. The waitress sent a gentleman to me ask me to pay my tab. (By the way he was wearing plain clothes, I couldn’t even tell you if he was an employee or a customer). Not wanting to draw any more attention to the situation I said ok and went back to the booth to wait for the check. I gave her the money as soon as she brought it. My tab was $24 I left her a $10 tip.

At that point I joined my friend outside with the police who were assessing the damage to her SUV since the person who hit her took off. After the police were able to get everything they needed we decided to go back in to the restaurant to get something to eat. We went back to the booth I was originally sitting, but my friend wasn't comfortable sitting there so we went to another booth on the restaurant side. I asked both of the hostess if it was ok to sit there and they said yes and gave me menus. My previous waitress aggressively approached our table and said "this is isn't self-service, you can't sit here". Before we could even respond she stomped off.

Then another woman approached us questioning why I called her waitress a **. Immediately I questioned what waitress she was referring to and I asked that she bring her over to our table, so we could discuss it face to face. The woman claimed to be the manager from the kitchen and she wasn’t going to put her waitress through that, but she wanted to know why I said that to her. I suggested that it was possible she misunderstood the waitress and maybe she was calling me a **. I had been nothing, but nice. I too have been a server and I would never mistreat a fellow server or anyone who didn’t deserve it for that matter.

I’ve never been so humiliated and I did tell the manager that her waitress was a liar and maybe both of them should learn some customer service. I didn't understand what the problem was they weren't busy and there were plenty of available tables throughout. I think total there was 6 occupied tables in the entire restaurant. It was obvious that we were being singled out. I told the woman I would take my money elsewhere. It was clear that we were not welcome. When my friend asked for a corporate card so she could complain the so called manager gave her your card. My friend did nothing wrong. She was the victim of a hit and run. However, we were treated as if we were criminals. I truly felt attacked and discriminated against on so many levels.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I visited this location with a family member last night and while waiting for our food we saw a roach. It crawled up the wall and over to the other side. It happened so fast I didn’t have the chance to take video or picture. The waitress waited until the end of our meal as the check was paid for to ask us if we wanted a refill. I mean, is there anything else that needs to be said. Except I will NEVER visit this place again. Disappointing.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

My wife and I have been married for 39 years and early in our relationship, while we were dating and living in Boston, we frequented T.G.I. Friday's. It didn't matter which one we went to either, the food was always great and the atmosphere always fun. When our middle son was attending a school in Connecticut many years later, during visits we all went to T.G.I. Friday's, his choice.

Recently my wife and I decided to revisit the restaurant, which has become a very big chain. When we arrived for the first time, on a Saturday night, we were surprised there was no wait. We ordered and both of us were happy with our meals and the service. Several months later, wanting to go out and "catch a bite to eat" we agreed on T.G.I. Friday's. This time my wife made reservations on Open Table.

When we arrived on this Saturday night, the parking lot was not full and the restaurant had seats/tables available, it was not packed nor was there anybody in the waiting area. I ordered the Bacon Cheeseburger with fries, medium. My wife got the Chicken Quesadillas. We waited 25 minutes for our meals to arrive. Immediately my wife commented on how "skimpy" my plate looked. And it did. The burger looked as though it had been downsized and there weren't many fries to fill in the void in the over-sized plate. I felt her comment, although deserved, could have waited until after dinner...

My wife's plate on the other hand was full, no voids, and once again I believed I had been "out-ordered". I started with a fry and immediately I realized in a world full of incredibly tasty fries, these were plain and were not unlike the cheap frozen store-bought variety I pounded down as a toddler with 3 fish sticks and a dollop of Heinz Ketchup. Disappointing at a restaurant. As I watched my wife slide a fork full of her Quesadilla into her open mouth I saw her grimace in discomfort and then spit the food back onto her plate. I asked her what was wrong and she said it was horrible, that it tasted like sausage and not chicken. I asked her if it was bad and she said it tasted either raw or spoiled...

We got our waitress and explained the problem. She offered to make another plate of Quesadillas, but by that time my wife had such a bad taste in her mouth she declined the offer and asked to see the menu. I was nibbling on my burger by now and encouraging her to order whatever she wanted, telling her I'd wait for however long it took. She appreciates eating out more than I do. I'm a homebody, but she likes going out. If I wasn't married I'd probably rarely leave the house except to pick up a pizza locally.

After rereading the menu, which had been changed and made smaller than the last time we're there, she couldn't find much. She settled on the Soup of the Day, which the menu didn't name, only the waitress knew. The waitress said she would have to check to see what was available as the soup is limited. She returned with bad news, only the clam chowder was available and although I like clam chowder, the wife is not a big enough fan to make it a meal. She said she would skip the meal and just get a dessert. She fancied the Red Velvet cake with a scoop of ice cream, but asked if it contained tree nuts as she has an allergy. Friday's was one of the first restaurants to concern itself with food allergies way back when. The waitress returned and said that although the Red Velvet Cake did not contain tree nuts, it was made in a bakery that processes food containing tree nuts. My wife said "No thank you."

Before I took the last bite of my Bacon Cheeseburger, one I rated 6 out of 10, my wife was asking for the bill. We paid roughly $16 for a lousy burger and fries with a root beer and my wife did not eat anything but one bite of a "Spoiled Quesadilla" that ended up back in her plate. The waitress apologized for the bad Quesadilla, presented us with a coupon for a free dessert, courtesy of the Manager, and then wished us a Happy Thanksgiving, which at that point seemed so untimely… In the end our night out sucked. We have however added T.G.I. Friday's to the ever-growing list of restaurants we will never go to again. In fact we've changed the name of the restaurant to T.G.W.N.G.T. Friday's! (Thank God we're never going to Friday's.)

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I placed an online order for The Beyond Meat Cheeseburger and based on the description as well as the featured picture, it was supposed to come with lettuce, tomato, red onion, pickles and white cheddar, however mine DID NOT have any of these items and it smelled disgusting. Very disappointed. This burger went straight into trash.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T.G.I. Friday's?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

My friend and I have frequently eaten the T.G.I. Friday's in Vero Beach, Florida. This Fridays is near the movie theater. So we sometimes eat lunch before a meeting. A server came to our table. She handed us a separate piece of paper with the specials. The special was 1499 For 2 people. We were first told that special may have expired. And she went off to ask someone about if the special was still on. She came back to our table and said everything on the menu was 1499 for two people. She took our order. We never saw her again. When we completed our meal a different server came with the bill Which we were each charged separately and each entree was over 1499. Bringing this to the service attention she said that only certain things on the menu were 1499 for 2. And went to get the special menu. And she rudely tried to explain that we were wrong.

As we are telling her that the server that took our order said that anything on the menu with 1499 for 2. The special menu. After reviewing the sheet with the specials on it we did realize that only a few things on this special menu were 1499. We explain to her the situation that we had with the previous server. She pretty much deny that the server told us that anything on the menu was the special two for 1499. We asked to see the server that had taken our order. We were told that she wasn't there. And pretty much said that we were lying about what the previous server had told us. She offered us nothing for the mistake that the first server made. She rudely informed us that we needed to pay the bill.

We asked to speak to somebody else. And was informed pretty much that there was nobody there to talk to. I sent a comment to the corporate office for T.G.I. Friday's. I got a return email from the office the corporate office Stating that the sheet that had the specials on it. We should have read more carefully. This special menu was attached to the email. Pretty much saying what the service said that we should have read it more closely. In the end of this whole deal we were not apologize to. Nothing was offered to us, maybe a discount for our meal or an apology.

I had sent back an email to this corporate gentleman. Saying I didn't believe he had not Read the whole comments that I had written. There are plenty of restaurants here in Vero Beach That are customer service oriented. Obviously T.G.I. Friday's has none of that. I also explained to the corporate gentleman to please not email me back because I know this would go nowhere. I also stated to him that I wanted no discounts. I just want to be heard. And maybe apologize to. I will never enter a T.G.I. Friday's again!!! Beware that this Corporation has no interest in pleasing the customer.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I visited your store in Hanover, Md #0339 on Saturday 07/14/2018 @10:17pm. My waiter was Michelle. She was very nice but they got my food mixed up. It was so bad. I was watching how they was running around. They need the corp office to come down to provide this store with the training that is needed. If things are not better I will call the BBB to make a report.

Original review: June 24, 2018

Just got home from the TGI Friday's in Hempfield Twp Pa and will not return. Stopped for lunch with my wife. Ordered drinks that were not served for 15 min. Wife ordered appetizer with a side of onion rings as a meal. Took 20 min for our order to be taken and they were not busy. 15 min after that my wife gets her appetizer but no onion rings and no utensils. We ask for utensils and the waitress disappeared. We ended up taking utensils from another table.

They put appetizer on the table with two plates and one was dirty. I don't mean watermarks, I mean black spots that can be wiped off. My wife finished eating and we never did get my burger or the side of onion rings. I told the waitress I wanted to see a Mgr. Mgr came out and asked if there was a problem. I told him he already knew there was a problem and that I wanted a bill for my drinks and the appetizer. He said he would print one up and I responded that a real Mgr would comp the entire bill. Not returning, ever.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Went to T.G.I.FRIDAYS on E. Gunhill and Bruner in the Bronx, New York and my takeout food sat on the counter for 30 mins. Had to literally ask another waitress if the food sitting on counter was mine. Other customers who arrived 10 mins. after me were eating their food while I sat and waited, and waited, and waited. Finally got the other waitress to call manager and he sent orders back into the kitchen where they reheated the BBQ ribs only. My side orders were cold and soggy... Would not recommend this place to anyone desiring take out.

Original review: May 15, 2018

When I brought my order home I realized the coleslaw was missing. I called the restaurant at 703-931-4100 and notified the lady who answered the phone of the problem. She told me they are out of coleslaw. I then asked her why I wasn’t told at the time I submitted the online order or when I picked it up. She replied that she didn’t know; that she only gives out the orders. This is unacceptable especially for a restaurant the size of TGI Fridays. I will be posting a negative review in other sites. The TGI Friday's in question is located at 4650 King St. Alexandria, VA 22302 and my check # is ** placed on 15 May, 2018 at 6:30pm.

T.G.I. Friday's Company Information