3.5/5 (94 ratings)

About T.G.I. Friday's

T.G.I. Friday's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T.G.I. Friday's?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about T.G.I. Friday's?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

We went to TGI Friday’s in Northgate Subdivision in Denver to eat last night. We arrived about 5:30 PM. We were seated right away. Got our drinks, water, and placed our order. At 6:00 we had not received our meal, our waiter said something about our hamburgers should be out soon. We informed him we had ordered steaks. He checked and said they had given them to someone else so reordered our meals. At 6:20 he came by and asked if we had gotten our steaks yet. Nope. We said we would wait until 6:30, then we’re leaving. He said he couldn’t get them to us by then, so we left.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

On 1/10/2020 had a retirement party at this location. 15 to 20 minutes after sitting down and ordering food and drinks. The water was turned off to the building and no one notified use until after my guest started to complain about not receiving their drinks. The manager was no help with resolving this situation. Employees was using restrooms and couldn't wash their hands. How was the dishes getting wash? I will NEVER patronize TGI Fridays again.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

To sit in and have drinks with friends is great. It depends on which location you go to. The food is nice for a Bar. You just have be careful of the time you go, 8t can be too many young teenagers in there acting a fool.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I like the food that you can ask not to have salt added to fries or other items. You can control your salt intake or ask for different side orders and the staff in Orleans Hotel in Vegas are very professional and patient, kind. Customer service is great. The only 1 I have been to.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

We always get good service at TGI Friday's. The food varies, depending on what you get. We were disappointed that they discontinued our favorite appetizers, but there are still plenty of other selections. It's a fun place to go and most of the food is tasty. They have a fantastic selection of fun drinks that are beautifully served. Their special times/prices are a really good deal.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

In all fairness I compared TGIF with restaurants of the same type. My ratings should not be used as a if compared to different stand alone places. The food is always warm and tastes good. I feel confident every thing will be fine not outstanding. The menu covers a fair amount of coverage. Does not offer a large amount of new meals.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

Love their Jack Daniel Items Shrimp/Steak and they always have great drinks! The bar is always fun to sit at with the TV's on the wall watch your fave sport. I have always had great food - great service!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

The staff is always in a great attitude no a long way to get seating it's a great place to bring a date, children's or just hang out with friends. Food is always delicious and waiters always attend to you needs with sympathy.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

Servers are friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. Long time customer of this chain. Some of my favorite menu items have been removed. They also limited the unlimited appetizer menu ☹️. However I continue to go because I enjoy the atmosphere and it is very convenient for me.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

This is a nice place to dine. My only issue with them is that they change their menu too often. Prices are good great atmosphere. Food is usually good. Hours of operation are good for any schedule. Staff is usually very friendly.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

The restaurant in Manhasset, New York was clean. Especially the restroom. Has a diverse menu. I enjoy a restaurant that offers great appetizers and drinks. My husband loved the salmon. The food was fresh. The server Geremi was a true professional. He made us feel like home. I will recommend this place to family and friends.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

The food at TGIF is awesome. Cajan shrimp pasta is out of this world. I could eat it once a week. It is a little pricey but all shrimp entrees are. The service is very good. The restaurant is set up with a opened atmosphere so your are not hears every other tables conversation, like in may other restaurants. I would truly recommend TGIF to everyone.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I wish there were more healthy options in these restaurants. Most of the menu is friends or very high calorie. I have always had to make substitutions when ordering which they are good about but it would be nice to just order something healthy.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

TGI has different types of food that melts in your mouth. It has a variety of different kinds. So if you want to eat healthy have a delicious salad. Or have a burger with fries. Or delicious ribs. Lots of good drinks.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

We arrived at about 7:30 on a Saturday night. The place was busy but not crowded. We were seated right away and ordered our drinks and appetizers which arrived in a short time at which we ordered filet mignon dinners, cooked medium. They arrived on large plates with a scoop of mashed potatoes and a few sprigs of broccoli, a big plate with little food on it.

Upon cutting into the meat, found it to be raw (not rare). They were both the same way. Called the waitress over but she didn't seem to understand what I was talking about until I showed it to her. She took them back to the kitchen and returned with them and the manager. The steaks were horrible to which he was very apologetic about. They redid the whole order which came out acceptable. After dinner, we ordered dessert and coffee. She griped about having to make a fresh pot. She then informed me they didn't have any cream so she brought out a small bottle of low fat milk. I gave one star because the onion rings and cheesecake were very good.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

My husband and I went to TGI Friday's, because we saw an advertisement about the $12 endless Appetizers. When we got to the restaurant there was no one to seat us. After seating ourselves, he decided to order the "Endless Appetizers", and I tried the Canjun Pasta with Shrimp and Chicken. My dish was okay, nothing fabulous, but the "Endless Appetizers" were all horrible. Don't waste your money.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I visited TGI Friday's in Amherst, NH yesterday with a group of residents from the nursing home I work at. Including staff, there were 9 of us total. We asked that the bill be split so each person would have their own check, which was done. Each person paid in cash except for myself, who paid with a debit card. My card was charged 3 times!! Twice for the exact amount of my meal, and once again for the entire table (so I paid for my meal 3 times and then paid a second time for each person who paid in cash).

I called and spoke with the manager, Andra, who said she would fix it by 4:00am when the checks finalized for the day. It was not fixed so after speaking with my bank, I called TGI Friday's again and spoke to another manager, Tim. He told me they couldn't do anything about it until Tuesday when the checks close for the week. That is almost an entire week that I don’t have the money to pay bills with. My original bill was for $25.23 (which is incorrect because nobody at the table ordered nor drank an iced tea and Mary, the waitress, agreed to remove the $2.99 charge and then "forgot" to do so). I was charged $25.23, $25.23 again, and $155.58.

$180.81 was paid in cash, along with several tips added to that. I tried to call corporate after the managers in Amherst were not much help - but their recording says to contact them on their website, even though their office is open Mon-Fri 9am - 5pm. There was no option that I could find to talk to a live person. This was by far the worst experience I have ever had at any restaurant! It was my first - AND NOW MY LAST - time ever going to a TGI Fridays.

Original review: July 16, 2019

OVERVIEW: Great service, delicious food and a diverse menu. Overall, other than the app, the food was delicious, well prepared, presented well & in a timely manner, included elevated ingredients(⭐️), and was priced appropriately for the portions and quality(⭐️). (Portions were quite large. )The restaurant was tremendously clean, including the restrooms that were well stocked(⭐️). The staff was well-trained, courteous, knowledgeable and friendly(⭐️).

THE DETAILS: We were greeted at the door, offered a signature drink menu, & given recommendations (upon request), by our server Sarah (SHE WAS EXCELLENT). Mom had the fabulous Ultimate Blackberry Margarita made with fresh blackberries and Cuervo 1800 - that my mother claims "Is too good for college kids". As a starter, we had the Whiskey Glazed Sliders w/ fries. I don't recommend them. The patties were dry, the buns were chewy, the sauce was too sweet, and the fries were slightly under-cooked and over salted. However, I highly recommend their Southern Fried Chicken Sandwich (I had Buffalo Style) that includes avocado and white cheddar.

The chicken was cooked perfectly tho, for your reference, the buffalo sauce rates 3 of 5 on the spicy scale. Also delectable was the French Dip served on a grilled ciabatta roll. Tho I personally would have preferred the roll to have been grilled longer, it was an excellent sandwich served w/ a perfect au'jus. Onion rings were amazing. Wide cut, whole rings cooked to perfection & super crunchy. Some of the better onion rings in town thus far. My mom got a perfect side salad that was fresh and included cheese, herb croutons & *peeled* cucumbers(????) which is a rarity and quite thoughtful. A trip to the starkly black and white restroom revealed a very clean restroom with little decor. My only nick on them was an unattractive crusty build up on the rim of the garbage cans???? That was easily removed with a paper towel.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I ordered Cajun chicken and shrimp pasta. It was watered down Alfredo from a jar. No Cajun flavor whatsoever. The shrimp were so tiny. I have ordered this in the past and was never disappointed. I believe they changed owners. My friend ordered boneless chicken strips. They were so thick with over fried breading with marble size pieces of meat on inside. We won’t be back. Also took Reubens off menu. Very sad.

Original review: June 7, 2019

Made reservations for 8:30 and didn’t get seated until 9pm. Prior to making it to the restaurant, I spoke to a employee name Justin and he ensured me everything was set up and ready for us. My family and I were seated and had to wait another 30 minutes for drinks, two waters and kids drinks but our waitress blamed it on the bar. I ordered a steak to be cooked well done but it was brought out rare. I asked the waitress could if she could have the chef to finishing cooking the steak. The steak was put into the microwave and brought back out the same. Thanks TGIF for the experience, my first and surely my last. Northlake Charlotte, NC

Original review: May 31, 2019

My friends and I met here tonight, at 8:30 to celebrate my friend’s bday. We ordered drinks and an appetizer. 30 minutes later the guy is still bringing drinks 2 at a time and everyone had water except 2 of our 11 people. We ordered food approximately 9:00, 10:30 still no food. When asking about the beer that was ordered at the beginning the waiter ELI blatantly blamed the bartender. The beer came as we were deciding to leave. It is a nonbusy Thursday night. We asked how two parties seated after us left before us and the waiter says they have a smaller party. Sounds like he either forgot to put our orders in or they kept pushing orders back.

When asking for a manager we got the runaround. Finally one manager came and as I am explaining what the issue was (still no food 11:00) the waiter rudely walks up to rebuttals everything I was stating, being very confrontational, and this further damaged my opinion of this place. We couldn’t go to any different places due to everything was closed. We end up going to Wild Wing Cafe. Overall service was horrendous. Never saw my plate and the waiter combatted my every statement. Appetizer that was ordered didn’t come out until we were walking out the door. Will be contacting corporate.

Original review: May 18, 2019

Worst experience ever at this TGI Friday's restaurant! We will NEVER EAT THERE AGAIN! If I could give zero stars I would. When I first walked in I was waiting to be seated but there was no one to seat me so I had to walk to the bar and ask for someone to seat me! The bartender acted clueless. Finally we are seated but the waitress was rude and her attitude was horrible! We were going to leave and go to another restaurant but after speaking to the manager he offered to serve us and he also asked if we would like a free appetizer. The appetizer was supposed to be on the house but when we received the check, after signing the receipt I had noticed he had charged us for the appetizers. He gave us a coupon for a free appetizer on our next purchase but that wasn't the agreement. Not to mention I gave a tip and the tip went to the server that we complained about in the first place. I felt we were mislead and deceived.

Original review: March 2, 2019

So I visited the Northampton Sixfields T.G.I. Friday's for a birthday meal of a friend. The waiter brought out our food and dropped a whole plate down my back ruining my suede jacket. A free meal for me and my friend but I am still very upset and disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

First time at the Cedar Crest one ever and it was the absolutely worst experience ever. The whole time I felt like I was being rushed to make up my mind when ordering. The waiter was rude when taking our order and replied that he was busy eating and didn’t notice his section was seated. Also when paying he brought the check prior to pay but then waited 20 minutes for him to come back to the table to take it while watching him scroll on his phone with one of his friends. Would not recommend.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Went to Madison TN Friday's. Got seated and waited 15 minutes before we finally got manager to get our drinks. Ordered chips and cheese. Finally had to ask where our chips were. Then our food if you can call it that was gross. Steak was a pile of meat. I think that's what it was, burger bun had so much butter on it. Was disgusting. Never ever going back.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

This was the dirtiest place I have ever been in, I would not even order food from them. Happy hour but no bar upstairs and could not take drinks there. Bathrooms did not work in lady's. Old lady at downstairs bar was rude and inconsiderate. Have notified Corporate and NYS Dept. of Health. They should be closed. You want $15/hr. but can't do your job. They are a disgrace to the TGI Friday name. Never again and I will tell everyone also. I want my money back.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

On December 2nd approximately 1:15pm I sat at a booth in the bar waiting on a friend of mine. In passing the waitress said she'd be right with me. After waiting for about 10 minutes for her to return I finally asked the bartender for a drink. After the bartender made my drink the waitress returned with a glass of water. When she saw that I had a cocktail she turned to the bartender and rolled her eyes as if it was a problem. I explained to her that I ordered a drink from the bartender because I figured she was busy. I went on to tell her that I was waiting on someone who is always late, so I'm just going to have a drink but we'd order food once she arrived. The waitress came back to the table a few more times asking did I want to order anything. I explained to her that my friend was in a car accident up the street but would she would be coming shortly, so I ordered another drink while I was waiting.

A few minutes after my friend arrived 2 police officers came in wanting to speak with her outside in regards to her accident. Immediately it became the topic of conversation among the employees in the restaurant. I decided to get up and take a look out the door to see if everything was ok with my friend. I left both our purses at the booth, to show I wasn’t walking out on the check and I didn’t go all the way outside. The waitress sent a gentleman to me ask me to pay my tab. (By the way he was wearing plain clothes, I couldn’t even tell you if he was an employee or a customer). Not wanting to draw any more attention to the situation I said ok and went back to the booth to wait for the check. I gave her the money as soon as she brought it. My tab was $24 I left her a $10 tip.

At that point I joined my friend outside with the police who were assessing the damage to her SUV since the person who hit her took off. After the police were able to get everything they needed we decided to go back in to the restaurant to get something to eat. We went back to the booth I was originally sitting, but my friend wasn't comfortable sitting there so we went to another booth on the restaurant side. I asked both of the hostess if it was ok to sit there and they said yes and gave me menus. My previous waitress aggressively approached our table and said "this is isn't self-service, you can't sit here". Before we could even respond she stomped off.

Then another woman approached us questioning why I called her waitress a **. Immediately I questioned what waitress she was referring to and I asked that she bring her over to our table, so we could discuss it face to face. The woman claimed to be the manager from the kitchen and she wasn’t going to put her waitress through that, but she wanted to know why I said that to her. I suggested that it was possible she misunderstood the waitress and maybe she was calling me a **. I had been nothing, but nice. I too have been a server and I would never mistreat a fellow server or anyone who didn’t deserve it for that matter.

I’ve never been so humiliated and I did tell the manager that her waitress was a liar and maybe both of them should learn some customer service. I didn't understand what the problem was they weren't busy and there were plenty of available tables throughout. I think total there was 6 occupied tables in the entire restaurant. It was obvious that we were being singled out. I told the woman I would take my money elsewhere. It was clear that we were not welcome. When my friend asked for a corporate card so she could complain the so called manager gave her your card. My friend did nothing wrong. She was the victim of a hit and run. However, we were treated as if we were criminals. I truly felt attacked and discriminated against on so many levels.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I visited this location with a family member last night and while waiting for our food we saw a roach. It crawled up the wall and over to the other side. It happened so fast I didn’t have the chance to take video or picture. The waitress waited until the end of our meal as the check was paid for to ask us if we wanted a refill. I mean, is there anything else that needs to be said. Except I will NEVER visit this place again. Disappointing.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

My wife and I have been married for 39 years and early in our relationship, while we were dating and living in Boston, we frequented T.G.I. Friday's. It didn't matter which one we went to either, the food was always great and the atmosphere always fun. When our middle son was attending a school in Connecticut many years later, during visits we all went to T.G.I. Friday's, his choice.

Recently my wife and I decided to revisit the restaurant, which has become a very big chain. When we arrived for the first time, on a Saturday night, we were surprised there was no wait. We ordered and both of us were happy with our meals and the service. Several months later, wanting to go out and "catch a bite to eat" we agreed on T.G.I. Friday's. This time my wife made reservations on Open Table.

When we arrived on this Saturday night, the parking lot was not full and the restaurant had seats/tables available, it was not packed nor was there anybody in the waiting area. I ordered the Bacon Cheeseburger with fries, medium. My wife got the Chicken Quesadillas. We waited 25 minutes for our meals to arrive. Immediately my wife commented on how "skimpy" my plate looked. And it did. The burger looked as though it had been downsized and there weren't many fries to fill in the void in the over-sized plate. I felt her comment, although deserved, could have waited until after dinner...

My wife's plate on the other hand was full, no voids, and once again I believed I had been "out-ordered". I started with a fry and immediately I realized in a world full of incredibly tasty fries, these were plain and were not unlike the cheap frozen store-bought variety I pounded down as a toddler with 3 fish sticks and a dollop of Heinz Ketchup. Disappointing at a restaurant. As I watched my wife slide a fork full of her Quesadilla into her open mouth I saw her grimace in discomfort and then spit the food back onto her plate. I asked her what was wrong and she said it was horrible, that it tasted like sausage and not chicken. I asked her if it was bad and she said it tasted either raw or spoiled...

We got our waitress and explained the problem. She offered to make another plate of Quesadillas, but by that time my wife had such a bad taste in her mouth she declined the offer and asked to see the menu. I was nibbling on my burger by now and encouraging her to order whatever she wanted, telling her I'd wait for however long it took. She appreciates eating out more than I do. I'm a homebody, but she likes going out. If I wasn't married I'd probably rarely leave the house except to pick up a pizza locally.

After rereading the menu, which had been changed and made smaller than the last time we're there, she couldn't find much. She settled on the Soup of the Day, which the menu didn't name, only the waitress knew. The waitress said she would have to check to see what was available as the soup is limited. She returned with bad news, only the clam chowder was available and although I like clam chowder, the wife is not a big enough fan to make it a meal. She said she would skip the meal and just get a dessert. She fancied the Red Velvet cake with a scoop of ice cream, but asked if it contained tree nuts as she has an allergy. Friday's was one of the first restaurants to concern itself with food allergies way back when. The waitress returned and said that although the Red Velvet Cake did not contain tree nuts, it was made in a bakery that processes food containing tree nuts. My wife said "No thank you."

Before I took the last bite of my Bacon Cheeseburger, one I rated 6 out of 10, my wife was asking for the bill. We paid roughly $16 for a lousy burger and fries with a root beer and my wife did not eat anything but one bite of a "Spoiled Quesadilla" that ended up back in her plate. The waitress apologized for the bad Quesadilla, presented us with a coupon for a free dessert, courtesy of the Manager, and then wished us a Happy Thanksgiving, which at that point seemed so untimely… In the end our night out sucked. We have however added T.G.I. Friday's to the ever-growing list of restaurants we will never go to again. In fact we've changed the name of the restaurant to T.G.W.N.G.T. Friday's! (Thank God we're never going to Friday's.)

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I placed an online order for The Beyond Meat Cheeseburger and based on the description as well as the featured picture, it was supposed to come with lettuce, tomato, red onion, pickles and white cheddar, however mine DID NOT have any of these items and it smelled disgusting. Very disappointed. This burger went straight into trash.

T.G.I. Friday's Company Information