3.16/5

119 T.G.I. Friday's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 4, 2015

I would first like to say that I love TGI Friday's apps. The problem is their steaks and their ribs. I ordered a ribeye about 6 months ago and got sick within 1-2 hrs. after I got home. My wife, daughter and I returned to TGI Friday's last Wednesday night for dinner and I got the Pecan Chicken Salad and my wife got the full rack of ribs. She asked that they don't put any seasoning on them and put sauce on the side. After we got home from TGI Friday's my wife threw up everything she ate there. She also had cramps, felt nausea, and diarrhea the rest of the night and the next morning.

I am not sure what is happening at this TGI Friday's location, but how they are handling the food or the kind of food they are cooking is bad. No other restaurant we have been to has made us this sick. We didn't even want a free meal, but we did let them know how bad it made us sick. Hopefully they will take care of this problem, but until then it is ONLY apps we will be ordering and since the Endless App. promotion has ended so has our visits to TGI Friday's.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2015

TGI Fridays University location in Coral Springs. Want to thank the manager for taking time to come to my table at lunch time to thank me for my service. Also noticed he did the same with other Vets. Nice menu provided specifically for Veterans as well. Two thumbs up!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2015

My husband and I have been a customer of T.G.I. Friday's for a long time. The food has always been fantastic. I either ordered the Jack Daniel Steaks or the Jack Daniel's Ribs with Fries. My husband ordered the steak with mash potatoes and broccoli. Our appetizers consisted of mozzarella sticks and potato wedges. Recently we have visited 6 T.G.I. Fridays in a variety of locations and there has been a drastic change in the menu. At first we thought it was the one restaurant, but after visiting others, we have determined it is the whole chain.

They stopped serving steaks. They still have the NY steak but other than that no other choice. Their mash potatoes are no longer fresh, they are instant and runny. The mozzarella sauce was changed again and in one restaurant it was so thick you could use it as paste on the wall. There has been a change in the Jack Daniel's ribs, they don't seem like they have enough meat on them like they had before. The one thing we thought was consistent was the Jack Daniels Sauce -please don't change that. The change in the atmosphere has also changed to be more modern, was that the start of the change? We love T.G.I. Fridays, please bring it back.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2015

My family and I have been to TGIF many times, but lately the food is horrible. We always end up sending something back. They advertise how they expanded their menu, they should stick to just Burgers since that seems to be the only thing they can't screw up. The food seems fake and pre-made.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2015

I have been a long time customer of Friday's. I always take a large party with me. I have always had great service and the food has been awesome for years. Now the food is really bad. I would not recommend anyone to eat here now.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T.G.I. Friday's?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2015

I've always gone to this restaurant on Sundays since my boyfriend likes to watch the games. This time the hostess was extremely rude and snotty. I asked her "Can we sit near a TV?" and she sat us in front of a pole way in the back not near any TV. I felt since we was a young black couple she thought we would skip out on the check! Me and my boyfriend moved ourselves to the bar area! Highly disappointed and will never come back!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2015

We had a party of 8 for a birthday celebration. Arrived at Friday's at 7:08 pm. Went in and asked for a table for 8. No one came for 20 minutes to seat us. I went back in and asked if we could sit outside. Was told there weren't any tables. They finally proceeded to sit us inside and the air was not working. It was like a sauna in there. There were 3 tables to seat 4 people each available. We asked to be seated outside since it was way too hot to eat inside. Of course 1 of them was not cleaned off. We again waited. I went back in and said "there are 2 tables outside available if you cleaned the one we could sit". Should have walked out at that point. No interest from anyone. We assembled the tables ourselves. Of course, one table was wobbly and we fixed that with a few napkins.

Waitress introduced herself and we ordered drinks. The drinks came out in a quick manner. Then we didn't see the waitress for 30 minutes. Ordered another round of drinks and 20 minutes later we had to find the waitress and our drinks. The waitress took another 10 minutes to come and get our order. She never came back and didn't ask if we wanted appetizers. We placed our order and 45 minutes later one appetizer meal came out. No plates to eat them on only napkins she placed on the table. Never saw her again until I asked for a manager. 20 minutes later the manager came out. Still no food. The manager wanted to pay for our dinner but the waitress interjected and told us we only waited 10 minutes and basically called all of us liars. And she was rude about it as well.

At that point we got up and I explained to the manager that the waitress should have kept her mouth shut and never should have intervened. She was covering up her non-existence and incapabilities of ever becoming a good waitress. This place lost $300.00 that night for rudeness and lack of work ethics. This was the 2nd time this situation has taken place at this particular Friday's. Not only was the place empty and we know why. The food was not up to any standard. The one appetizer that showed up was lukewarm if that. The manager seemed nice enough. Even though I was a manager myself of a company would have fired that waitress on the spot for even downright arguing with the customer in the first place.

The table next to us interjected as well. They were also a party of 8 and no service to them either. I did tell the manager who explained she was new to that restaurant that I was not looking for a free meal. And I didn't take her up on her free meal. The manager took 20 minutes to get to our table after asking a 2nd person for a manager. She said she was just told of the problem. What a royal mess this Friday's is. Stay away if you want any kind of service. We proceeded to leave and eat elsewhere. BTW, it was now after 9:15 pm and we arrived there at 7:08. 2 hours - no food, no service.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2015

We have very bad service, we were not met with kindness. There was almost no contact with our server. We were finally asked for our drink orders, it was like we weren't welcome. We finally got our drinks, my drink tasted sour (sweet ice tea). I finally caught the attention of our waiter, I ask for a water instead of the sour tasting tea. He turned and ran away quickly again.

We got our meal and then he brought my drink. The meal was fair. The server brought the water I requested after the meal was delivered. The server was very unfriendly and not polite in any way. The server's name on the receipt was **. The restaurant was located in Pigeon Forge, Tenn. #2038. Check **, trans key ** auth code ** table **. This happened on Sept. 11 2015 at 7:23pm. Since the service was so poor I was not going to leave a tip at all. I always tip well when the service is good. I did leave a tip of $2.50. I later found out the tip was doubled to the amount $5.00. I consider this fraud, let me know what you intend to do about it.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2015

After a long day of traveling from NYP to VA my wife and I decided to get a take out order from T.G.I. Fridays in Leesburg VA. Here are the facts. Went to order, take out from the bar. Was told by the door greeter I had to order from the door hostess. She then told me I had to have a waiter server because I wanted an appetizer. While waiting for my take out order waiter came out ask me what did I order I told him to go talk to the door greeter. He stated she was not a waiter then a manager came out and ask me what did I order. I told her to go talk to the waiter or door hostess. She told him I did not have to be in her face and I could leave at any time.

Why was I not allowed to order at the bar? Since when do I need a waiter to serve me if I want a spirited while I wait for my Togo meal? If the door hostess is not a waiter according to the waiter why was I told to go to her to place my order and why did she place the order? Most important why didn't the manager try to fix the problem? This place seems to be dysfunctional, disorganized, and has a shortfall of training.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2015

Last Wednesday my family and I had lunch here. Our server Kendra ** paid more attention to the two younger guys at the table next to us. We couldn't help but to overhear the conversation about smoking Marijuana and adding her on twitter. My husband and small children laughed at her silliness about everything. I was actually offended. We might as well have dined at a strip club the way she was acting towards these men. Drug test your employees. My husband Googled her twitter just for laughs and it's nothing but weed talk...

Original review: Aug. 8, 2015

Today I ordered a salad with chicken and asked to add GRILLED shrimp for additional $5. I got a salad WITHOUT chicken for the price of regular salad WITH chicken and shrimp that were not grilled at all. I made a complaint and spoke to the manager. He said shrimp were sauteed, which is not what I ordered not to mention shrimp were hardly warm. The manager said he will take care of it. When we got the check, we had to pay for the salad WITH chicken but the additional $5 dollars for shrimp was taken off. I didn't eat the salad and was very disappointed how the situation was handled. We couldn't wait for them to make it right, so I left hungry and disappointed. Still had to leave the tips because even though the waitress failed to make my order right, I never yet walked out leaving no tips. Needless to say, we will never go to TGI Friday's ever again.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2015

Not sure when no substitutions was rolled out by your company but my favorite meal was chicken & cheese. I prefer it w/ mushroom & not peppers. I have not been to your establishment in 2 years based on principle "If I can't get what I want, I don't want to spend my money at your restaurant". There are soooo many other restaurants out there. Just wanted you to know.

Original review: July 31, 2015

I was highly upset with the whole thing. Was not told you can't share or the fact I spend my own money just to be told "no" rudely, "you can't". Felt that my wife and I were rushed as well. Not happy. Good gimmick. Love the restaurant, not the gimmick.

Original review: July 29, 2015

Hi! I went there with my family tonight! We were very disappointed! We ordered burgers, 2 were missing the top bun?? Really??? Then it took forever to get our drinks and the last drink the waiter forgot at all. I think I'm done with that place, it gets worse every time!

Original review: July 26, 2015

My husband and I went to the Friday's that has just opened a few weeks ago in Colerain, Ohio on 7/25/15 around 7:30 pm. Upon entering the girl took our name and informed us it would be 15 to 20 minute wait which was totally fine. After twenty minutes or so we were seated and informed of the specials and our server's name. I looked at my watch and it was 7:55 pm by this point. We looked through the menu for a few moments and no one came. I watched numerous servers walk by with no interaction whatsoever. I seen a group of four who were behind us in line get seated and served drinks. Finally at 8:10 pm after continuing to be ignored we got up and left and I let the people working the front know this was a horrible experience and I would never ever recommend anyone go to this location. Having been open two weeks and this kind of customer service is horrible!!! Save your money and time and find another place to eat!

Original review: July 24, 2015

I dined in during lunch time. They claim to only have gluten sensitive items which should have altered my choice to eat here. Halfway through my salad, my stomach began to hurt and I became bloated and gassy. Not the best experience at all.

Original review: July 20, 2015

We spent $110 plus 20% tip for 4 people. We got lousy steaks, and a stingy serving of the fried green beans. The quality has gone south since last time we ate there at the South 27 Street location. Use to be my favorite restaurant, but not anymore. Doubt if we will go back. One of the steaks was so bad, they gave us another one, but was just as bad - tough and rubbery fat and gristle.

Original review: July 12, 2015

We arrived at the Olive TG Fridays on Sunday the 12 of July for a party of 5 and was seated very nice. But after 10 mins of waiting the manager came over to state our waiter was finishing up an order but he didn't even get our drink order. So she finally came over and took our drink order which was 2 peach teas and 3 ice tea's with lemon but no lemons came. We ordered and the food came but she allowed our drinks to become empty and didn't check on us for our meals after they arrived. I got a burger which was cold and dry and another got the Jack Daniels burger and no sauce but few min. passed and no one came by to check on how our meals were.

The gentleman with the Jack Daniel burger finally was able to state he needed more sauce but by then his burger was cold. She finally clear off the table of the glasses that were empty. I understand they looked busy but I own a business too and if you want people to come back treat them like you want to be treated. We paid the bill and left. Hope others were treated better than we were.. I have been sick when I got home...

Original review: July 12, 2015

My Husband and I decided to go and try the new T.G.I. Friday's. The restaurant looks nice but the service is terrible. We had to wait about 10 minutes till our waiter came to get our drink order and then another 10 minutes till the drinks came. Well at least some of the drinks we ordered. Food came out fast but I took one bite of soup and had to stop eating. It was like eating salty pudding. To top things, the waiter took our food away while we were still eating and asked us if we want dessert. My Husband and I voiced our disappointment and all what the waiter said was "Do you want dessert?" and then walked away. Worst place we ever ate and definitely are not going back. This place is a waste of money. Bad service and bad food.

Original review: July 12, 2015

I visited T.G.I. Friday's on Thursday July 9th at the Wolfchase location. I had started eating my mash potatoes but it didn't have much flavor so I added a lil salt and stirred it up and found a dead fly in the potatoes!! I have never experienced this!! Disgusting!! We talked to the manager who apologized and offered me something else but after seeing that fly I didn't want anything there. We left!

Original review: July 3, 2015

Food is excellent. Service great. Food slow coming out of kitchen. Need to work on that....

Original review: July 3, 2015

I stopped at TGIF with my girlfriend in Montgomeryville PA after a movie for a drink and snack. The bartender was so bad, rude, we had to wave at her to get service. It felt like she was ignoring us, our drink glasses sat empty for such a long time. She walked by us a couple times and failed to make eye contact or look at our empty drink glasses. The bad part is, there were only 5 or 6 people at the bar. I waited for 15 minutes to pay my bill after we finished our last drink. She was washing glasses which was more important to her. My girlfriend begged me to walk out without paying which we could have, but at 57 years old, I would never do that. One last thing, I asked if we could put a food order in, she said sarcastically, "that's why I'm here..." My check# **. Oh yeah, she treated the ** customers great. Guess it's a place that's not good to go to if you're **.

Original review: June 27, 2015

On Saturday, June 13, 2015, we went to TGI Friday's 7635 NY-96, Victor, NY 14564 to celebrate my husband's birthday. We had a nice dinner. The waitress took our credit card to pay the bill. She ran the credit card and brought the bill back without our credit card!!! She said she put the credit card with the bill, implying that we had the credit card!!! My husband went crazy looking for the card. We looked on the floor, on the seat. I looked in my purse. We wanted to make darn sure we didn't have it. We sat there for about 5 minutes and she came back and said she would look for it. She also said she would check the trash!!!!

Finally after about 10 minutes the Manager came and said he apologized to give him our name and number and if the cleaners find it he would give us a call. My husband said someone could be out there now my credit card charging items!!!! Our bill totaled $70. I had to ASK to be compensated for the trouble they caused us!!!! The manager gave us our appetizer for free and the cheapest meal on our bill, which totaled $30. He assured us he would call. We left and my husband spent the next 1/2 calling the bank to report the credit card (bank card) lost!!! He had to wait over a week to get a new card! We never received a phone call from the manager. I wrote customer relations complaining and they still haven't responded!!! We should at least get a gift card for all the trouble they caused us!!!

Original review: June 5, 2015

Went to TGI Friday's in Pembroke Pines on 5/18/15. The place was swarming with flies and I found 2 live maggots in my food. The manager filled out an "Incident Report" and said someone would contact me in a few days. Well it's been 17 days and no one has contacted me. I've called customer relations 3 times and been told each time a district manager would contact me but no one ever has. Apparently TGI doesn't care if they serve customers maggots!

Original review: June 2, 2015

Fridays Store 0274 Bowie, MD - I have tried to give this restaurant a chance to see if anything might have changed. I previously visited the restaurant in early May. The service was sub-par. The bartender did not acknowledge me and my husband after we seated in her line of vision. She proceeded to serve another customer (who arrived AFTER we were seated). When advised of this we were told that the customer served had been at the bar previously and had left to go to the men's room. This should not have had anything to do with her customer service towards us.

Another bartender arrived at the bar but apparently was not scheduled to work after her arrival so she proceeded to do shots with friends of hers at the bar. I requested a manager but no one showed up. I reported this on the Friday's Feedback website and only received a confirmation that my complaint was received. I made the original complaint on 5 May 2015. On 12 May, I phoned corporate headquarters and spoke to ** who said she would escalate the issue.

Fast forward to 1 June 2015 - silly me. I was in the area and decided to give the Fridays another chance. This time a bartender bought her 3 or 4 year old daughter to work with her and sat her in a booth in the bar area and when the bar was slow, she took the child into the kitchen area and also allowed her to run freely thru the restaurant. The restaurant is in a majority black area and I think this way, it is allowed to operate this way.

Original review: May 24, 2015

My grands and I went to eat after church. We ordered, the service was bad nor did she come and see if we need anything. I asked 3 time for honey mustard, 4 time it came. I asked for more source for my salmon 2 time, 3 time it came. I asked for a box 2 time it came. No more at T.G.I. Friday's. I did not eat or pay for the salmon. Very unhappy.

Original review: May 17, 2015

This is second time I order food from T.G.I. Fridays in Milford, Ma and get everything wrong - not happy, pay big money for the food I don't order plus wrong stuff.

Original review: May 11, 2015

My kids took me for apps and cocktails. Food Bad. $12 Sangria. Bill was $70. Will never go to Friday's again. I remember when the place was nice. Decor, food. Now over priced, bad food.

Original review: May 10, 2015

Took over an hour to get food. Foods wasn't good, server going crazy serving 10 tables, manager eating in kitchen, took another 30 minutes to get check. Wasted 2 hours of our life. This is our 3rd attempt at multiple TGIFs WITH SIMILAR RESULTS and for sure our LAST!!

Original review: May 2, 2015

I actually wish there was a lower rating than one star. It was my first time at a TGI FRIDAY'S, and it was the worst experience in my life from the waitresses to the manager. They took way too long to bring us our drinks, appetizers, and main course. The food wasn't too good either. The burger was way salty, just like the fries. It was my sister's birthday and no one acknowledged that. She was wearing a crown and a sash. You'd literally had to be blind not to see it was her birthday.

I actually felt like the waitresses had personal problems with us. Regardless, when we were done and wanted our check not one person helped us. And at first we signaled to get help, then I signaled any passing waitress and they all ignored me, until I was fed up I had to raise my voice because maybe they didn't hear me. It got to the point where I had to get up from my seat and look for a manager. I told him that nobody was helping us and that we just wanted the check. We got our check and the manager didn't bother to apologize for such a poor service.

I mean, if your company's motto is that you don't care about providing at the very least a good customer service, then you're a great job communicating it. This service was to say the least, an insult. We had such a terrible time that it would take a lot for me to try another location even. This visit inspires me to blacklist Friday's to everyone I know. I'm so outraged that I'm even writing this complaint. And that's not all. I'm so mad I'm going on Yelp, Facebook, any social media to make sure and let other people know what insulting service is offered at this particular location!

T.G.I. Friday's Company Information