3.10/5

426 KFC Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 12, 2019

I waited in line for 10 minutes at least. It took them that long to take one of the orders in front of me. When the guy in front of me pulled up after waiting a half hour, they told him that they were closed. I have had bad service from this location on E 47th before. WOULDN'T RECOMMEND THEM!!!

Original review: May 8, 2019

We have not visited Aircraft for a number of years. We used to enjoy it as a treat. We went to the local drive through, ordered the meal, drove to the pay counter, paid for the meal and were told to go and wait in the car park where the order would be brought out to us. We parked up and waited and waited. Nothing came out. After about 20 minutes we drove round again.

I asked why we had not had our food brought out pointing out this was supposed to be a drive through where you should get your order on paying and driving through. We got an apology from the only 2 staff members that seemed to be running everything and they said they would give us extra (baked beans and gravy). When we got home we found the chicken very dry and chewy and the chips were liked they were cooked over and over again. I was charged £8.96 for this rubbish. No receipt was issued so no feedback could be left on their survey. How convenient! I would not recommend anybody visit this venue. Both the food and customer service were disgusting. We will never bother with KFC ever again!

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2019

AVOID KFC AT ALL COSTS. THEY STEAL YOUR MONEY. I brought a meal from KFC and as usual by the time I got home it had items missing and the discount I was meant to get was not applied so after contacting KFC the sent me a goodwill gesture of £3 after spending £19 I thought this was a complete joke and an insult. I also want to say it’s not a goodwill gesture when they have breached their contract with you when you paid for a product and didn’t receive that product so it is insulting when they call the compensation a goodwill gesture like they don’t have to do that.

People should definitely take this company to court for failure to provide the product you paid for. I would say take them to court for £200 for time, effort, distress and the fact your meal was ruined plus the time and petrol it took to get the meal and the embarrassment caused when your friends and family have to go without the missing goods. What is a joke when I pointed all this out saying, "I would be satisfied with a voucher for the £19 I paid or I will take you to court." They ignored me and tried fobbing me off with "well we apologize and we will train our staff better.” At my cost by the look of things.

Original review: May 5, 2019

We ordered our meal earlier than we thought so they told us to wait because they were trying to make us more chicken. So minutes pass by. Almost an hour pass by and we are still sitting in the front of KFC waiting on some chicken. The man that be in the back came and say us in the front and was like, "Oh I forgot y'all was out here," so we went back in and I'm still waiting so I just got my money back and that was the end of that. No good customer service whatsoever.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I walked in with a Grubhub person at the same time and they ignored me saying that we were both Grubhub and when I tried saying something I just got a look and continued to ignore me. Nifong boulevard location in Columbia MO.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KFC?

Original review: April 29, 2019

Went to KFC in Watauga Tx, ordered spicy chicken and it was the worst I ever had. The chicken was soaked with some nasty liquid they consider spices. On 1 to 10 I give them. -10 super gross, Popeyes is a great 11 for spicy chicken. The cinnamon roll also nasty. I will never eat that nasty chicken again. Sorry I wasted $40. You want good chicken go Popeyes chicken.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I go there every week for 19 years but I will never ever go back there again. I always go to KFC since I was a kid but I am never going back again. The last time I went there me and my girlfriend ordered the food and she asked them to do the tenders and the guy at the cash didn’t know how to do it so a woman worker came and showed him how to do it. When I asked him to do my that way he said he can’t, so I asked him if he could give me more popcorn chicken to make up for the boned chicken and he said that he can’t do it and that he didn’t understand me.

So I got really pissed off and I took him to cancel the order because I will never be back in. So the next day I called the manager and told her what happened and she said that she will talk to the worker who took our order and she never said sorry and she seemed that I was wasting her time. I have a credit for 2 chicken tenders and that it. My girlfriend works into customer services and she could understand what I said.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Location (Lanes Av. Jax. Fl.) Very bad customer service on 2 visit. Not returning credit card or receipts. Wrong orders, I had to return and get the right order. Drive-thru service very ugly (I waited and had to drive to window for service and no cars in front of me.) Don't have enough change in draw, so then if I didn't have 5s and 1s you'll couldn't give me service. I'm glad that I didn't have a $20.

Original review: April 3, 2019

KFC was a delicious restaurant but now it began to become a really bad. I mean the workers are good but the chicken does not have a taste as there were no spices on it. That is the only negativity. Otherwise it's a really good restaurant.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I had my order truffles fries and I feel very disappointed when I received the food. The color and attraction on the photo make me feel so hungry and tasty in first but...oh my goodness...THE FRIES TOTALLY LOOK SO DIFFERENT FROM THE ADVERTISEMENT!!! I feel like I've been cheated cause when you see the food portion so little and color look so different from photo.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I am very disappointed with how KFC chicken pieces have shrunk in size. The only whole pieces of chicken supplied are the wings and drumsticks. All other pieces are basically unrecognizable. Breasts and thighs are cut what seems to be in half. You no longer get a full thigh, rib breast or centre breast. In the past, when I ordered 8 pieces, I'd get 8 full pieces basically representing a whole chicken. Now, you get 2 wings, 2 drumsticks and 4 tiny pieces of randomly cut pieces of chicken which no longer represents a whole chicken. It cost me over $17. Bye bye KFC, hello Popeye's and Mary Brown's. I'm done with KFC...

Original review: March 6, 2019

I go to drive through order the 16 piece family meal and a famous bowl. I am told they are out of corn, so I opt for two mash potatoes and two coleslaw. I get to the window and am asked what I ordered, I repeated my 16 piece family meal with a famous bowl and 2 potatoes and 2 coleslaw. The lady at the window said, "We have here a 12 piece meal for you so do you want to add a few extra pieces?" I said, "No I do not want to pay extra for adding pieces, I ordered the 16 piece and I want the 16 piece." She takes the register receipt to a large guy and tells him I want the 16 not the 12 with adding extra, he said charge her for the 16 piece. I paid for it and waited.

Then my food came to the window and I asked the Window lady if this is the 12 or 16 piece meal? She said the 16. I look in my bag and there are zero biscuits, so I asked if they were out of biscuits too? She sighed loudly and went and got the biscuits. I drive off and as I’m at the red light I see there is Zero Coleslaw. I turn around go back to KFC.

Before leaving my car to go inside I count my chicken pieces, it was only 12 pieces! I take my food inside and at the counter no one acknowledged I was standing there, so I said I need the manager and no one said anything, thinking they had not heard me I said it again louder. The cook at the chicken said what? I repeated I need the manager. He goes into the office on the right and comes back and says it will be a few minutes. I waited then a short lady walks towards me and I asked if she was the manager and she shakes her head no and walks away. Then the same man cooking chicken asked what can he help me with? I explained the chicken shortage, and lack of coleslaw, so he said he would give me the rest so he brought the 4 missing pieces of chicken and two coleslaws. The manager NEVER came to speak to me!

I paid almost $48.00 for my family’s meal and I would appreciate getting everything I paid for without the hassle of having to go back because the window person and the person putting in the food Didn’t bother to check it resulting in an expensive meal that was only half delivered and a person at the window lying instead of checking the food! Wasted time, wasted gas and a hassle to even get it! I used to love KFC, but obviously the service has declined so poorly that my family will take our money and service elsewhere. I will not spend our hard earned money In an establishment who does not care about their customers or service anymore!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I started to notice some things that were odd when I came here for the third time in one week. The first two times were okay, but the third time I could see that they’re probably going out of business. I ordered 3 combos of chicken. One of which was coated in sauce. The other two were plain crispy. My previous two trips they had given me two sauces when I bought only one chicken combo. This time I got 3 chicken combos, but still could only get two sauces added. My boyfriend also got a lemonade with his order which was an added 30¢, but then noticed he had 80% ice and finished the drink in a matter of minutes. (No exaggeration). The straws are cheap, I’m guessing they give sporks to lessen the cost of getting different utensils, and the chicken is small. Nothing like I remembered it being.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

The last 5 or 6 times we have eaten at KFC we have noticed big time that the chicken, no matter what the coating, that the chicken is all breading and hardly any meat. Check it yourself...when you get a piece of chicken peel or take off the breading and see how big the chicken actually is. There is hardly any meat to their chicken. Everything else is fine and tastes good, but you get no meat, just breading. My wife prefers dark meat and she is diabetic and can't eat the breading. When she pulls the breading off there is nothing left but a really small amount of meat and bones.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

The buffet had very little potato salad, no green beans, two pans of chicken with a total of 6 pieces of chicken that looked like it had been leftovers from lunch, no dessert and overall pathetic. This was at the dinner hour. There were three cars waiting to get their food at the drive thru. We will not be going back anytime soon.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I grew up eating KFC, always enjoyed the Wing Ding dinner, you get 4 pieces of wings, wedge potatoes, biscuit, mash with gravy. I live now in Thailand last 14 years. Twice a year I return for a visit to San Francisco. Maybe it is the new minimum wage of $15.00 per hour but went into the store on Taraval in the Sunset district and ask for a Wing Ding dinner total cost with tax was $10.78. In the past, when I get home the small box they give you with everything inside one can barely keep the lid closed.

When I got back to the motel, I pull out the box and noticed the lid sagging. When I opened it I said to myself "Where is the chicken?" I got 4 wings alright push to one corner of the box. Each wing was no larger than 2 inches in diameter. I thought they were selling chicken wings not baby chics' wings. I never have seen wings anywhere in the world this small! Not only was the wings small they forgot to provide the biscuit! This was recent Feb 10th 2019.

This same store combines with Taco Bell, which I also like. On my September visit ordered two Taco Supreme $2.15 each and an Enchirito. When I got back to the motel opened the Taco. There was 5 rolled up pieces of beef with all the trimming. It barely filled half the taco shell. Not sure if this is happening in this store only but I'm not going to spend another dollar on KFC to find out.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

If I could give the rating a 0 I totally would. The girl who took my order was impatient but that was the least of my worries. I get my 3 piece chicken with mashed potatoes, a biscuit, cookie and drink. The price was $6.30 but they couldn’t pay me to eat from that place again. I get in my car and drive home and get excited to eat the chicken I was craving. The first bite was awful, felt like I was chewing on a chunky fruit roll up. Gave it another chance and almost puked it up. Next I tried the biscuit. It was okay.

Next I started to eat the mash potatoes. A couple bites in, I chewed down on something hard. I quickly spit it in the garbage and threw the whole thing away. I’ve had a weird taste in my mouth the past 20 minutes and I’m very nervous to know what it was. I took a drink out of my iced tea because... it seems hard to mess up iced tea. It tasted like straight piss. Don’t go to KFC unless you enjoy the taste of rubbery chicken and chunky mashed potatoes.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Their chicken is super small now and expensive too! Compare to how they were couple years back. I think they should give back the big and juicy size chicken that they use to serve before the fact that their prices now is also too pricey!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

My experience was fine. Service was fast and friendly. It's when I got home that I became upset. I bought the $20 12 piece chicken tender family meal. I've only purchased the bucket of chicken in the past and have never been disappointed so my kids wanted chicken "with no bones" tonight. I wish I would have taken a picture for you. Half of it ended up in the garbage. The tenders, if you can call them that were various sizes, over fried, dried out and basically inedible. About 4 of the 12 pieces were just a long, skinny piece of fried chicken skin. Seriously.

There was no chicken on these long, skinny fried "things"...they looked like a long misshapen index finger. Turns out it was skin and breading... How am I suppose to give that to my children? Only about 4 of these tenders where actually tenders. And even then the chicken part of these dried up globs were hard and dry. Honestly the most awful fast food dinner I have ever purchased. I'm surprised, and angry. Perhaps it does explain why I was the only person in the drive up line, and there was only one person inside the restaurant.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

If I could rate 0 stars, I would have. I ordered chicken tenders that were cold and rubbery, with way too much breading. The service was very poor. Granted, they have just gotten a new menu 4 days ago, but no one had attempted to familiarize themselves with it. And the price was more than double that of McDonald's, and did not taste nearly as good. I am not a fan of fast food, but it's great when you are in a hurry...but I won't be going to KFC AGAIN.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

My son ate just two nuggets and start complaining stomach ache and dizzy. I took him to the dr and dr said he got food poisoning. Dr told me she got 4 patients same day of food poisoning who ate food from KFC. So guys please don't eat KFC Food.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

If they had 0 stars, I’d definitely give this place that rating. I attempted to order thru the drive thru at this location (Old Spanish Train in Houston) and I had 1 order with 5 different items (boxes) for 5 different people. I was in complete shock when told I could only get 2 items per order in the drive thru. Where they do that at?! Never in my life have I heard of such stupidity. Then when I made the comment that that didn’t make sense, her response to me was it would make sense to come in if you’d like. Rude!!! Never again will I visit a KFC if this is what/who you employ. And I will share this with as many sites as I can to make sure the business hurts!!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Purchase an 8 piece meal and I received 4 thighs, 4 legs all dark meat no breast no wings. Called West Columbia store where purchased and they were very rude. I will be going back tomorrow to see if they can explain this. I really got taken, and my family had a trouble supper. Thanks KFC.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I went to purchase a meal today at KFC in Torrance on Sepulveda and Arlington. The lady worker her name is Maria gave me an ice tea that smelled like sewer water. Do not ever go there. This place needs to be closed down.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I had the most worst experience ever tonight at this location and will not return and will make sure to let my friends know also. Me and my girlfriend didn’t do anything wrong. Went got to the drive thru and was told there was a 25 minute wait on chicken and if we would want to wait. We said yes and then proceeded with our order which my girlfriend ordered a number ten with potato wedges and coleslaw and a Pepsi. I ordered a number 8 with a Pepsi. We was told the amount was 14.23 and then we was told to pull forward which we did. We waited and waited and while we was waiting all the other cars behind us was getting their orders and passing by and the time was just ticking so I got out to find out why we had not got our order yet and they locked up the doors since we was the only vehicle left waiting so I walked back to the drive thru window and the four women inside the store was just laughing and playing and joking in there.

Finally they realize I am at the window and she comes to the window and I was like, "Did you forget about us? It’s been 25 minutes and we still waiting" and she was like, "It’s still cooking and it ain’t been 25 minutes yet" sounds was like. "Well don’t forget about us." A couple minutes later another woman comes out and tells me their flyer messed up and that they not gone be able to give us our order so we gone have to choose to order something else or get a refund. This really upset me because we had plans on wanting our food but I was so upset I told her to just give me a refund and I will go somewhere else or just order from Uber Eats instead so she took my receipt and went and got my amount. She came back and gave me my 14.23 and then walked off and kept my receipt.

She did not want to give me the receipt back because she figured I was going to call about what happened but I have my girlfriend here as my witness to everything that was done and I will make sure that this is not the end of this. I wish that store would just close down for good. I hate will people treat people this way and you ain’t did anything to them. They made it seem like it’s our fault. They ain’t wanna be there late or whatever.

All we was trying to do is get something to eat and go home but now we had to go home with this negativity because of some lazy workers who wanted to overlook us because of whatever reason they had and to be honest nothing can change this experience. I don’t need any coupons or nothing. I am done with this store. Period. I don’t want a sorry or anything of that nature because it will not fix the fact that we was treated so poorly and I go to this KFC a lot and never have I been treated like this but after tonight I will find a different location to go to.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I got a 3 pc meal previously from a local KFC and within an hour began being violently ill. It smelt perfumey but tasted fine. I had 5 days of food poisoning. I even had to go to the doctors to be prescribed medicine to rehydrate my body with all the sickness I suffered. I've always loved KFC so I'm so disappointed. I got tested for what kind of food poisoning it was and guess what? Salmonella! Never again. God forbid my children didn't eat any...else I'd be taking this further.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

The K5 meal chicken tasted old, mashed potatoes was cold and I did not get the cookie in my 2 meals I bought. There was 1 cashier who was fixing and taking orders. I had a bad experience the last time I came to this KFC. Don't think I'll come back.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Some bloke called Luke works here who'll palm you off with some sort of Meal-Deal that's an approximation of what you actually wanted. Luke, just listen - don't waste time trying to turn my order into a deal, just give me what I want, I'll pay, sit down and eat rather than trying to work out why my order is incomplete. Add to that poor handling and hygiene, long wait for fries and the whole experience becomes a total waste of time and money.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Today I sent my daughter to KFC to get me the Big Box with 3 legs and double mashed potatoes. I was at work so she dropped my food off to me and left. I was very disappointed when I opened one container of my mashed potatoes. They were powdery with the gravy on top...Ugh!! I was so disgusted. I called up there right away and ask for a manager. The lady that answered said she was the manager (Ms. **). I told her all about it and she told me to write her name on the receipt and she'll take care of it when I come back up there, she apologized as well.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

On November 15, a Thursday night, I went to KFC on Manchester Road which is close to the Cecil Charlton Park to buy what I usually buy which is the famous bowl. It was 8:30 when I entered and joined the line. I know KFC is most times crowded because a lot of schools are in the area hence a lot of students plus non students go there to purchase, but I did not expect it to be crowded at 8:30 in the night. One person was cashing, and at the serving area, there was also one person.

After I waited in the line for 15 minutes, and finally reached the cashier, I was told that they were out of famous bowls so it got me wondering, should I have asked before joining the line or should they have something to show when a certain item isn't available? Either way both could work so I think it should be considered. I was disappointed, but I ordered krispers instead. The cashier dealt with me quickly, but when I reached the serving area, I got upset after a while because they were taking so long to give me what I ordered. I kept being told that it's coming up shortly, and when they got tired of me asking, I was mostly ignored. Maybe I had this experience because it was that time of the day, and few persons were off, so I could sympathize with them, but at the end of the day I still wasn't pleased.

Overall, my experience was not so good at the time because I ended up leaving 9:40 after getting what I needed, and that was late for me. I was satisfied with what I ordered, but I didn't like that I had to wait so long to get it. If you are buying Krispers at KFC, I have no complaints about it, and I know that if I had gotten my regular order which is the famous bowl, I would not have any complaints about that either. The only problem for me is the customer service. Message me if you want to comment on my experience or share the experience you had with them.

KFC Company Information