1.61/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

KFC

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 8, 2017

357 KFC Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

My husband and I decided to treat ourselves to a 12 piece bucket meal at the closest KFC last night. It cost us almost $40. No drinks included. When we got home with it, we were shocked. Pieces of the neck attached to portions and other pieces had been cut in half to make two pieces. So we were paying twice for the usual one piece. Have you wonder if they will start growing in the feet of the birds. You gave more money. No flavor whatsoever in the coating. We will never go back there again. Extremely disappointed!!! We didn't even get our receipt.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

On my way home from work, I quickly swerved my automobile into the parking area of the local KFC franchise. I walked in and was greeted by a violent, threatening voice behind the counter. He looked to be about 23 and he was wearing sunglasses. I asked him what his deal was but to no avail. He started shouting at me. I had already ordered my food at this point and it was nearly finished. When MY food was done, the young gentleman proceeded to eat my order. The manager waltzed out of the bathroom and apologized. I was thoroughly disappointed by the experience.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Me and my partner frequent this Store #5077 Fayetteville N.C. maybe once or twice a month and the last time was the LAST TIME... I am not a meat eater per se, so when I love the biscuits and Mac and cheese, it is perfect... But the last time we went to this particular establishment, all of the tables were filthy. There were ants crawling on the counter, there was a stain on the window where I sat down like someone had thrown a drink there and no one EVER cleaned it up. The drink area was sticky, and filthy... There were so many people behind the counter, and no one came out into the lobby to clean it. I had to clean my own table... This is ridiculous. If a general manager or a member of corporate or THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT had walked into this restaurant at the time I was there they would have shut this store down immediately... And adding to this, three people came in from drive thru because their orders were wrong.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I purchased 16 pieces of original chicken with sides of corn, coleslaw, mashed potatoes, and biscuits at the KFC located in North Port, FL. My purchase was made on or about 9-21-17 in the mid-afternoon. I am NOT a regular customer of KFC! I was astounded to learn that they did not have any chicken breasts left and replaced them with two chicken legs. I learned that their coleslaw is practically tasteless. I learned that their corn is canned corn as opposed to fresh corn. The corn was so hard that it was barely edible. If the biscuits were buttered, I could not taste the butter. The mashed potatoes were not freshly made mashed potatoes.

As to the original chicken, it was greasy and had way too much batter on it. The breasts should have been cut into two pieces as well as the thighs. If I had prepared fried chicken, corn, coleslaw, biscuits, and mashed potatoes, my preparations would far exceed how KFC prepares their foods. I was very disappointed! I wonder if all KFC stores prepare their foods in the same manner.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

Believe me, I've had some bad fast food experiences before, but this place, by far, was the worst! Came in last Sunday afternoon with my family to eat in. I could barely get inside because of customers waiting for their orders. I should have left then, but the order taker had no line. He took our order promptly and we went to be seated, but not before joining the other customers cleaning off a table to eat. We waited a solid 15 min before I went to inquire about my order, finding some of the same people that were there when I arrived. There was so much confusion about who's order belonged to who because the receipt device was down.

After another 10 min., I asked the order taker for a refund. He took it upon himself to ask to fill the order himself. I agreeded. Here's where the real problem started! While waiting, I hear loud shouting and cursing, from the drive thru area. Suddenly, some of the staff began holding back another staff from going outside to fight a customer. Turns out to be the Manager! Last straw! When the Manager calmed himself down, I asked for my money back and went directly across the street to Bojangol's! Never Again! The 1 star was for the order taker!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KFC?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

On 9/3 1:15pm in Bristol, CT I ordered the 6 piece bucket for $10, a favorite I purchase about once a week. It was a simple question when I was handed a box instead of a bucket, that the appearance was not what I expected and perhaps it wasn't my order. The cashier laughed and mockingly said it doesn't have to come in a bucket. It's six pieces of chicken. Fine, that is easily understood, if you don't enrage the customer by mocking the question. I didn't expect it and the fool-hardy, attitude that I was stupid, because I questioned if it was my order, based solely on packaging was a slow burn.

GOOD customer service is to simply say, no buckets and we packed it in a box. Apologies for the surprise. No problem I thought it was the wrong order. But the howling grin and mocking words are rebuked and unwelcome. Perhaps the great genius cashing my $20 dollar bill might have understood that pissing off a customer is a retail-sin and punishable by boycotting a business that hires low character mockers for help. You don't mock a customer because you handed them something that appeared to belong to another order.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I visited the Preston St. KFC location in Louisville, KY at 3:56 pm. I ordered the buffet dinner. The food on the serving line looked OLD and dried. I went ahead and put some mashed potatoes and gravy on my plate along with one piece of fried chicken. The chicken was horrible, it was greasy dried out and tough. I returned to the buffet and got a drumstick and again the chicken was old and dried out. I waited for the person to fill the container with new chicken. Then I returned to the line. The same thing i.e. old and dried out. I think that all KFC restaurants sends the buffet all of the leftover chicken that is leftover at their restaurants. I will NEVER darken their doorway again.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Kentucky Fried Chicken is my first choice always. The most delicious chicken on the market with affordable filling menu options. In fact, their menus vary depending upon geographical area. In South Texas nearer the border, Mexican food is now incorporated into their menu. Same great deals, same quality taste, prices and service. Fast service, gets your order and delivery without delay.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I went through the KFC drive thru and only took seconds for someone to answer and took order quickly. Informed me right away it's going to be about 6 min for potatoes wedges. Got fresh hot food, hot popcorn nuggets and everything tasted good. Good customer service that day.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Train the cooks better! I ate there 10 years ago, will not ever go back! Bought a bucket of chicken and it was not fully cooked on the inside. I never went back. The sides might be OK, but I won't chance it.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

The last three trips to this particular KFC netted me wings and breasts instead of the legs and thighs I asked for. The third time I just about had my fill... When I order thighs I expect to get thighs not a wing they are trying to pass off as a thigh. I have cooked enough chicken in the last 2 years to know what a wing and a thigh look like.... and they are trying to pass off a wing as a thigh. Not to mention a wing is about half the size or smaller than a thigh. Unfortunately I did not keep the receipt as I asked for my money back.... The address of the KFC is 2454 Archibald Ave Ontario, California (909) 923-3513.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Every time I have ordered KFC it is OLD chicken, they re-roll it and re-fry it, I have a cousin who worked for them. Both types of chicken is crappy.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I have stopped KFC 8 years ago for the horrible taste and lately, I gave a last chance try. It was awful. Made me feel disgusted about eating chicken (Dubai, Murdif City Centre branch). The best crispy chicken so far is Crispy Chicken located Hamdan street Abu Dhabi, feeling terrible sad for not having a branch in Dubai.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I stopped by this KFC location to have lunch. When I received my order and attempted to have a seat, I notice that there were so many flies on the tables and counters. I made a complaint to one of the workers about this and stated that this was very unsanitary. He said that there was nothing that they can do about it. I think that this would be a matter for the health department. I will not be returning to this KFC (5951 Sheridan St. Hollywood, Fl.33021) ever again.

Original review: June 27, 2017

We visited KFC in Piccadilly, London, England, Europe. We were lucky enough to get a lounger in the "Colonel's Suite" which is in the "Kentucky VIPs" area hidden away from view. The ordinary public aren't told about the exclusive dining area so as to keep out the day to day riff-raff. They have waitress service and serve alcoholic drinks in the VIP area. The food is very different, much tastier and healthier. Children get to eat free also. The live entertainment was amazing, especially the children's entertainer and we also loved the talking dog act. A great experience all round and we have details of the other branches which have VIP areas too.

Original review: June 14, 2017

My husband asked me to pick up KFC for him. He loves the coleslaw. I'm not a fan but went ahead and ordered a large bucket with sides of mashed potatoes, potato wedges and two containers of coleslaw. I hate coleslaw so I did not eat any. My husband, however, ate quite a bit. By the next morning, he was throwing up, diarrhea, fever, chills, numbness... Really severe food poisoning. He should have gone to the emergency room but chose to wait so he could go to his regular doctor. She gave him a lecture. My husband has a compromised immune system and she was pretty upset with him for not going to the ER. She confirmed food poisoning, gave him some sort of shot and now he is scheduled for an ultrasound to be sure none of his organs were damaged. Never again will we eat KFC. Not only is it greasy and unhealthy, now their food is poisoning people. Please think twice before you eat at KFC.

Original review: June 12, 2017

I have avoided going to the KFC location at 5734 Ritchie Hwy, Baltimore, MD 21225 because of so many incorrectly filled orders and the attitude of the staff. As I was returning home today I called my wife and asked her if she wanted me to pick up something for dinner. My wife suggested picking up chicken and 2 pot pie meals. I arrived and placed my order at 7:55 pm. I ordered an 8 piece bucket of original chicken and 2 pot pie meals. The girl taking the order said they did not have any chicken ready and it would take 13 minutes to fulfill the order and they only had 1 pot pie. She asked if I wanted her to put the pie in while the chicken was cooking, I told her to do that. When I paid the cashier said I should wait outside and she would bring the order to me. After waiting 30 minutes another employee came out and said it would be another 3 minutes.

After 5 minutes I went in with the intent of canceling the order but saw that they were packing the order. The girl handed me the bag, I asked where was the cups for the soda that comes with the meal. She handed me 1 cup and I said I ordered 2 pot pie meals, she gave me a second cup. I then asked if the cookies were in the bag and she said, "Do you want cookies?" I said I did and she put 2 in the bag, I left the location at 8:30 pm. I arrived home and unpacked the order. Rather than the 8 piece bucket I was charged for and received an 8 piece meal. Rather than 2 pot pies I only received one. This is exactly why I have avoided this location and KFC in general. How can a fast food chicken restaurant not have chicken? This is not the first time I have sent a negative review of this location but have never received any reply, apologies or explanation for such poor performance. I am sending and posting this review to every site that I can find.

Original review: June 6, 2017

Had not had KFC for quite a while and my wife said she really wanted to try it again. Went through drive through. Ordered two-piece Original and a two-piece Crispy with mashed potatoes and coleslaw. A biscuit was also included. Oh my gosh. Talk about disgusting. Most of it ended up in the trash. My only regret was that it ALL didn't end up in the trash. Now we are both suffering. If you want to try it... good luck! Hopefully, all stores are not like the Millrun store in Hilliard, Ohio.

Original review: June 4, 2017

Food was very dry. And the coleslaw also. They didn't put gravy in my husband and my potato bowl biscuits were cool to the touch and it just seems like KFC has been cutting back on products they use for the food. I will no longer eat KFC as it's just too dry and don't have that home taste that it use to. Thank you for your time.

Original review: May 23, 2017

I was on my lunch break. There was a customer in front of me and he paid for a large catering order. The problem was when the employee waited on him and was finished with the customer, the employee then went to the other part of the counter and helped him to his car with his large order. That was fine that the employee did that. There was no one there to wait on us. It was like the employee was ignoring the other customers. I waited almost 10 minutes before I got to place my order. I had to finally say, "Are we going to get waited on". The lady said, "Give me a minute". Then she waited on us. I only had a half hour for lunch and had to hurry up and eat my food fast, so I could make it to work on time. I know they get busy, but there should have been someone else to help us, since the other employee left his register to help a customer with a large order to his car.

Original review: May 20, 2017

Spent a total of $33.00 at Ocala, Florida KFC for cold, greasy, inedible food. Imagine going to Kentucky fried chicken and being told they only have grilled left and were not making anymore​ fried as it was 2 hours before closing! Then charging more for coleslaw that was supposed to come with the 6 meals I ordered and they forgot to include it with my take out order. No one could eat this garbage I brought home. Never again. Corporate office doesn't return emails.

Original review: May 4, 2017

I haven't been to KFC in over a year so of course the menu has completely changed. Every meal is now thrown in a box. Plates I guess are too expensive. As I was very hungry I ordered a 3 piece box with an extra side order. After sitting and looking in box I saw the smallest drumstick ever, maybe 3 inches long. The two thighs weren't much larger and as I picked one up the skin completely slid off. KFC's parent company must own a miniature chicken farm and stock in a grease company. My 2 inch wide biscuit was on the bottom, sopping up the grease. Macaroni was actually pretty good. Salt and pepper couldn't rescue the mashed potatoes. Coleslaw at one time was the best. Now so so. Had original chicken, no taste. I should have known as I arrived at 2PM on a Sunday afternoon there were only a family of 4 and a mother with 3 kids dining and 2 takeout orders.

If I had to rate the food it'd be hard to give it a 1 out of 10. I ate what little was on the drumstick, macaroni and coleslaw; the grease went in the trash. Over $11 wasted. I'd have to think twice before venturing into another KFC. As I didn't finish my meal I went and enjoyed chicken at another chicken restaurant. This KFC is located in front of Lowe's, Veterans Parkway, Columbus, Ga.

Original review: April 27, 2017

In spite of often shambolic service at my local KFC drive through, I usually buy the mighty bucket for one but when I ordered tonight, I was given without a dip. When I asked, the manager at Merton Abbey said it was no longer included and I would have to pay an extra 25p. I object! All other meals containing fillets at KFC, including the new meal with 3 fillets and a portion of popcorn chicken, come with a dip! Why has it been removed from the Mighty bucket for one meal? Bad move, KFC and bad service, Merton Abbey branch! Service was much too slow and not at all worth the time! Do better!

Original review: April 20, 2017

On 4/18/17 I went thru the drive thru and ordered 12 piece just chicken, extra crispy. When I arrived home, I had received original chicken. I immediately called back. I spoke with the first person who answered the phone. I told them what happened. The employee took my name and asked if I wanted to come back. I told her no. I had worked all day and was tired. She said, "No problem, I have your name, just come back tomorrow and we will replace it for you free of charge." On 4/19, I went thru the drive thru again and told the man working the window my problem. He was communicating with manager and another lady on the front end, all of which were wearing a headset. The lady upfront was very rude. She kept shaking her head and saying I was just trying to get free food. I was not told that I would need my receipt when I originally lodged my complaint the night before.

I had paid cash and did not keep it. The manager on duty said there was nothing she could do for me without a receipt or the food. I told her that the lady from the night before did not say for me to keep the bucket of chicken and bring it back the next day. That is unsanitary. I mean to leave the old food in a hot car all day just to bring it back the next day for a refund. She said she was just following the policy that was set by the store manager. I told her that she should make sure all the employees knew this policy because apparently, they all did not. I have lodged a complaint with the corporate office and will be calling the owner or manager to lodge a complaint as well. I want what I paid for and to not be treated as if I was trying to get free food.

Original review: March 30, 2017

I am writing about the KFC in Tulsa OK, 11104 E 21st. Phone# 918-437-7696. The customer cashier name is **. ** did not check to see if I was receiving the correct order. When I got home the order was wrong, I ordered a wing dinner with mashed potatoes and green beans, instead I received a drumstick and a thigh, no wings at all. The potatoes was dry and look like they were left over, the cup my green beans was in had smears of gravy around the edges of the bowl, the chicken looked old, was cold and not good at all.

I ordered two Apple pies. I got one and maybe a half, the second one was in pieces. My next order was suppose to be Chicken Strips, potato wedges. The chicken was not fully cooked, they were white in color with no sauce that was suppose to be with the order, they threw in one chicken nugget for some reason. My wife and myself was very disappointed in the food. This was not the first time I was disappointed with my food and service. But it will be the last time I go there.

Original review: March 20, 2017
    KFC at Tottenham Hale, Tottenham, London. On arrival we asked for a few items and were immediately told "you can't just have that, you have to have a complete meal"!!! After a long discussion at the drive through window we eventually agreed on an order, quite difficult when the person serving doesn't speak clear English!

On arrival at home, when we opened the bag we had a totally different order, no drink which was paid for. The chicken was to be honest "disgusting". We never finished it. So full of fat, not a nice taste. Not an enjoyable experience! Will never try to eat KFC again.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

We live on a ranch in New Mexico and there are 3 generations of us living and working the ranch. Most of us know how good KFC is from a very long time ago. And when I had to go to Show Low AZ for some special supplies, my wife called and said "the kids are begging for you to stop at KFC. They saw it on TV." We mostly stay on the ranch and this after talking to the rest of the family it looked like everyone was on board with KFC. Mind you I have not had KFC nor has anyone on the ranch had it for years if ever so BIG TREAT! So after getting the supplies that I needed off to KFC Show Low AZ. Very clean, nice folks even helped me out to the truck with all $126.00 of buckets of chicken, corn, mashed spuds, etc. NO WIPES. What happened to those? My question for that and much more would soon be answered.

I have a hot & cold box in the semi so all was good to go, 90 mins. & I was home to happy people and bouncing kids. Everybody dug in, great time and conversations to the kids of when the The Old Man started it and that we would eat KFC in the 60's all the time. The night went along. Did a few chores that were left and started into the main ranch house and realized I did not feel so hot and my gut was boiling, get into the house and come to find EVERYONE is scrambling for bathrooms running to other houses. And then it hit me and out to the corral I went. It took 2 days for most of us to get straight again, the kids took 3. After telling our nightmare to people and even your own people at the KFC said it's not the same and they all said NEVER EAT KFC. Because they DO NOT use peanut oil anymore and they use CANOLA OIL and it does nothing but cause ANAL EXPLOSION and that it truly did.

So KFC. The reason there were no wipes are the same reason some PINHEADS in corp. headquarters have taken it upon themselves to change the original tried and true ways and go to something that does this to my family. You in one night have managed to trash 3 generations thoughts of EVER going to KFC. Again, so if you are doing this for the almighty $$$ which I'm sure that is what this boils down to, you will NEVER see any $$$ come out of any of our wallets EVER!!! How dare you put this garbage in food and call it good. I should have trusted my nose and noticed just a slight rancid smell which I'm told by my Dr. that will tell you things have CANOLA OIL in them and to avoid them. I hope you are happy you bastards!!!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

Cristina, the Store Manager told me I had an attitude as she refunded me money for the order that I was returning. I ordered the 3 piece chicken and asked for crispy breast and two wings. Attendant said they had 1 breast and one wing left. I replied "no problem. Let's make it the two chicken crispy!" I got home and served the wing to my child and the complaint was that it was dry and cold, and not crispy. I noticed the breast was original and not crispy, and was missing skin. I returned it and the Manager did not try to correct it in any way and threw the money on the counter. I asked her how something so simple can be misinterpreted and she said "you have a bad attitude". I told her she should consider another job, and she said "I will still be here!" She took my receipt but the location is Alameda CA 94501 on Encinal and Park street.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I always eat at KFC on Maryland pkwy and Sahara. I live just minutes away from there. Today had to be the worst experience I have ever had. Due to being pregnant I ordered exactly what I wanted hoping for it to be wonderful right after I just got off of work from a long day of cleaning rooms at the casino. Today I ordered a famous bowl and my husband ordered a two piece leg and thigh and a chicken little.

Now all the chicken tasted burnt as if they used old grease. The biscuit was so dry that it just crumbled as if it was from a week ago and have been left out on the counter since. The popcorn chicken that was in my bowl was so crispy burnt that it made my mashed potatoes taste and smell burnt. Only thing that was fresh was the cookie. How is that possible? I called to let the manager know no one answers the phone. I've called ten times already! I do not want to get up get back in the cold just to let them know they need to throw all the chicken and biscuits away. Now I believe I will never go back to KFC ever again. Thanks for ruining it for me!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

Hey so I wanna let everyone know on here that KFC has the worst customer service. Called to make an order for delivery the company tried for 20mins to put my order through the store. Not one person could answer the phone. Even the guy who took my order called back and said, "I'm so sorry no one will take the order from the store.” Not happy with that. People who work there should be checking the phones or get fired like wtf. So then we go to make a new order at the store 'cause they don’t know how to do their job. They give us gravy that is water and I mean water. Saw others complain and they do nothing there. This is the one on St. Joseph in Gatineau smh. I would recommend going somewhere else. Who knows what they’re doing in their job place.

KFC Company Information