1.37/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

405 KFC Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

If they had 0 stars, I’d definitely give this place that rating. I attempted to order thru the drive thru at this location (Old Spanish Train in Houston) and I had 1 order with 5 different items (boxes) for 5 different people. I was in complete shock when told I could only get 2 items per order in the drive thru. Where they do that at?! Never in my life have I heard of such stupidity. Then when I made the comment that that didn’t make sense, her response to me was it would make sense to come in if you’d like. Rude!!! Never again will I visit a KFC if this is what/who you employ. And I will share this with as many sites as I can to make sure the business hurts!!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Purchase an 8 piece meal and I received 4 thighs, 4 legs all dark meat no breast no wings. Called West Columbia store where purchased and they were very rude. I will be going back tomorrow to see if they can explain this. I really got taken, and my family had a trouble supper. Thanks KFC.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I went to purchase a meal today at KFC in Torrance on Sepulveda and Arlington. The lady worker her name is Maria gave me an ice tea that smelled like sewer water. Do not ever go there. This place needs to be closed down.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I had the most worst experience ever tonight at this location and will not return and will make sure to let my friends know also. Me and my girlfriend didn’t do anything wrong. Went got to the drive thru and was told there was a 25 minute wait on chicken and if we would want to wait. We said yes and then proceeded with our order which my girlfriend ordered a number ten with potato wedges and coleslaw and a Pepsi. I ordered a number 8 with a Pepsi. We was told the amount was 14.23 and then we was told to pull forward which we did. We waited and waited and while we was waiting all the other cars behind us was getting their orders and passing by and the time was just ticking so I got out to find out why we had not got our order yet and they locked up the doors since we was the only vehicle left waiting so I walked back to the drive thru window and the four women inside the store was just laughing and playing and joking in there.

Finally they realize I am at the window and she comes to the window and I was like, "Did you forget about us? It’s been 25 minutes and we still waiting" and she was like, "It’s still cooking and it ain’t been 25 minutes yet" sounds was like. "Well don’t forget about us." A couple minutes later another woman comes out and tells me their flyer messed up and that they not gone be able to give us our order so we gone have to choose to order something else or get a refund. This really upset me because we had plans on wanting our food but I was so upset I told her to just give me a refund and I will go somewhere else or just order from Uber Eats instead so she took my receipt and went and got my amount. She came back and gave me my 14.23 and then walked off and kept my receipt.

She did not want to give me the receipt back because she figured I was going to call about what happened but I have my girlfriend here as my witness to everything that was done and I will make sure that this is not the end of this. I wish that store would just close down for good. I hate will people treat people this way and you ain’t did anything to them. They made it seem like it’s our fault. They ain’t wanna be there late or whatever.

All we was trying to do is get something to eat and go home but now we had to go home with this negativity because of some lazy workers who wanted to overlook us because of whatever reason they had and to be honest nothing can change this experience. I don’t need any coupons or nothing. I am done with this store. Period. I don’t want a sorry or anything of that nature because it will not fix the fact that we was treated so poorly and I go to this KFC a lot and never have I been treated like this but after tonight I will find a different location to go to.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I got a 3 pc meal previously from a local KFC and within an hour began being violently ill. It smelt perfumey but tasted fine. I had 5 days of food poisoning. I even had to go to the doctors to be prescribed medicine to rehydrate my body with all the sickness I suffered. I've always loved KFC so I'm so disappointed. I got tested for what kind of food poisoning it was and guess what? Salmonella! Never again. God forbid my children didn't eat any...else I'd be taking this further.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KFC?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

The K5 meal chicken tasted old, mashed potatoes was cold and I did not get the cookie in my 2 meals I bought. There was 1 cashier who was fixing and taking orders. I had a bad experience the last time I came to this KFC. Don't think I'll come back.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Some bloke called Luke works here who'll palm you off with some sort of Meal-Deal that's an approximation of what you actually wanted. Luke, just listen - don't waste time trying to turn my order into a deal, just give me what I want, I'll pay, sit down and eat rather than trying to work out why my order is incomplete. Add to that poor handling and hygiene, long wait for fries and the whole experience becomes a total waste of time and money.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Today I sent my daughter to KFC to get me the Big Box with 3 legs and double mashed potatoes. I was at work so she dropped my food off to me and left. I was very disappointed when I opened one container of my mashed potatoes. They were powdery with the gravy on top...Ugh!! I was so disgusted. I called up there right away and ask for a manager. The lady that answered said she was the manager (Ms. **). I told her all about it and she told me to write her name on the receipt and she'll take care of it when I come back up there, she apologized as well.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

On November 15, a Thursday night, I went to KFC on Manchester Road which is close to the Cecil Charlton Park to buy what I usually buy which is the famous bowl. It was 8:30 when I entered and joined the line. I know KFC is most times crowded because a lot of schools are in the area hence a lot of students plus non students go there to purchase, but I did not expect it to be crowded at 8:30 in the night. One person was cashing, and at the serving area, there was also one person.

After I waited in the line for 15 minutes, and finally reached the cashier, I was told that they were out of famous bowls so it got me wondering, should I have asked before joining the line or should they have something to show when a certain item isn't available? Either way both could work so I think it should be considered. I was disappointed, but I ordered krispers instead. The cashier dealt with me quickly, but when I reached the serving area, I got upset after a while because they were taking so long to give me what I ordered. I kept being told that it's coming up shortly, and when they got tired of me asking, I was mostly ignored. Maybe I had this experience because it was that time of the day, and few persons were off, so I could sympathize with them, but at the end of the day I still wasn't pleased.

Overall, my experience was not so good at the time because I ended up leaving 9:40 after getting what I needed, and that was late for me. I was satisfied with what I ordered, but I didn't like that I had to wait so long to get it. If you are buying Krispers at KFC, I have no complaints about it, and I know that if I had gotten my regular order which is the famous bowl, I would not have any complaints about that either. The only problem for me is the customer service. Message me if you want to comment on my experience or share the experience you had with them.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

KFC: 720 NW 37th Avenue Miami, FL 33135. I have to give this KFC a number 1 in reviews because I went there this afternoon and I was totally disappointed. I had been to this location once before and found it to be more welcoming than this afternoon. The place was completely filthy and dirty. On top of this I asked a worker there at this location to please assist me in cleaning a table. There were more than 4 tables empty and completely dirty and she simply told me very calmly if I wanted napkins to clean the table. I completely stayed stunned at the response. The only other place for me to sit was the floor and that too was completely filthy. I asked her again and she then again said the same response and then I guess the young lady Ms. ** that assisted me with my order sent a young man to clean the table.

I stayed completely surprised at the lack of customer service that are at some of these locations. On top of this for it to be an eatery and not maintained periodically during the day and not have your locations filthy this is unacceptable. I think that Management and Leadership should be more conscious to the fact that this is a restaurant that is suppose to produce but also be aware of the fact that at the same token be clean and not unsanitary where it can become a health hazard to the customers. And this is a point for all the locations to maybe practice a little more cleanliness throughout your locations. I was totally disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Yesterday I tried the new chicken and waffles at KFC, was so excited to try. First complaint it's too expensive, for two small waffles, a breast and a wing. It was like $7.49. Second the waffles were very heavy like pound cakes, and so sweet. It was gross and that's without adding the side of syrup they gave me. The staff was very friendly and I usually purchase the $5.00 fill-up, just wanted to try this new item but won't ever get it again, don't see it lasting very long because the waffles are way too sweet like they took a cake mix and added more sugar and poured it in a waffle maker. My mom got the chicken strip $5.00 fill up the mashed potato and gravy looked like they had to borrow the gravy from her container for another, there was crust at the top like there was more gravy but was poured off at a later time.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Yesterday, I have visited the new KFC outlet in Thiruvalla, Kerala, India. The outlet is having a good ambiance but the service of staff was very much disappointing. We could not understand what the staff were saying, it was not fair and clear enough. And we ordered 10 pieces of fried chicken and that too was salty in taste and was not at all crispy. Better training needed to the staff I suggest. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Had guest over and decided that KFC Morningside Store in Queensland (4170) was the way to go and bought the $41.95 (Order number ** on the 1/11/18) mega pack. Ripped off by 18 nuggets and six pieces of original were hard and crusty and dripping oil. KFC response was to ignore the complaint altogether.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Went to get a 12 PC original chicken. They didn't have all original so they said they could do half and half. Stood and waited for 20 minutes and then they asked what I was waiting for. People who came in after me were getting their buckets of chicken. No apology. Who doesn't have one of their main menu items at the supper time rush. Visited store in Moorhead MN. Very disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

So... August 24th we went to have lunch at KFC located on 20320 FM 529 RD Cypress. Paid $25 cash for our meal and we never got it, try the soda machine and there who're nasty... taste like carbonate water, we ask for our money back and they said that they don't do refunds. They wrote in the back of the receipt a phone # and the name of the Manager to call back for refund??? I'm never experienced something like that, so they literally took our money and told us in our face, "You not getting it back!"

We call the number and never got a answer for this person. It was a wrong number. We took this video for I think the 4 trip we make to the store trying to get our meal or refund, but they always have an excuse. I call corporate 4 times! Today September 22 almost a month later they told us that they will send a voucher for $25 but we have to wait fifteen more days! This people are unbelievable! I think this place is out of our favorite list for sure!? We are hoping we don't have to take legal action.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

My husband and I went to KFC in Omaha, NE on Blondo street. We were met at the window by Brian who was very cheerful and helpful, even though they were about to close. I have had many good experiences at this location, but even though there was 1 minute to close he didn't rush us and was very kind. I love KFC, and this location is always very nice and friendly and the food is always on point. This was about an hour ago.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I have see KFC online delivery Malaysia in Facebook and I also order it. The menu was 3 pcs crispy tenders the normal one and 3 pcs crispy tenders (dunk in dip). When I ordering KFC the time was 1:30pm. The deliver man came my house at 4:30pm. I try call the KFC head office. They said, “Your food is on the way”. And I try to call again... Again they said they are on the way. So the deliver man never come means CL again. Lastly he come but I don't know whether he search my house take too time or something else. Then I also paid the KFC food RM 18.00.

Then I check the chicken, chicken was too cold, no taste, no crispy at all, and I also no appetite to eat the cold chicken. His explanation also not clear. If he didn't know where the address was he can call me but he didn't. He said not enough manpower in the KFC and he was new at there. I can't take his explanation and his reasons all. His reasons all stupid reasons and waste reason. So sorry. I hate the chicken that I ate. But I cannot take it. First reason too late. Second too cold. However I have paid it. So please take responsible of this kind of situation. Seriously I can't take it. Thank you.

Original review: July 24, 2018

While in the drive-thru at KFC located at 15821 Pines Blvd Pembroke, Pines Florida, Employee ** (refused to give last name) closed the restaurant while I was in line at the intercom ready to place my order. I arrived at the store at approx. 11:50pm - 11:55pm. The store was clearly still open as other customers ahead of me were placing orders. Upon arriving at the intercom waiting for an employee to take my order the restaurant was shut down while I'm waiting at the intercom to place my order. Finally made it up to the window and Dale refused to take my order, then threatened to call the police stating that I was trespassing as I inquired about his name and to speak with a manager.

The proper thing to do is to have cones placed in the drive-thru at a reasonable time prior to scheduled closing so as to inform potential customers that the drive-thru is closed. Or at the very least, close the drive-thru after the last vehicle that is in line prior to 12-midnight closing. Then honor the orders of the customers in-line. It was very rude, inconsiderate, and discourteous of "**" and the store's management to not honor customers waiting in-line and then close as if they weren't waiting to patronize the business. That will be THE very last time I or anyone in my family patronize that particular business.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Went to KFC in Selma North Carolina. It took almost 30 minutes and it was only two cars in front of me. The one in front of the one in front of me it's what took so long. The lady at the register get another half of what she was doing. Got my food. It was very cold. It wasn't because I took it home because I said right in the driveway to eat it. They gave me the receipt so I could not do a survey on it. I go to KFC Taco Bell in Clayton North Carolina all the time. I always get the Famous Bowl in Clayton is always hot and your money's worth. The one I got in Selma was cold and was about half-full. A friend that was with me his chicken was cold along with his mashed potatoes and gravy and they did not give him a cookie. Would not recommend this KFC to anyone. It's about the worst KFC I have ever been to and I live maybe 7 or 8 miles from it so I had to go somewhere else and get something to eat because it was cold. Waste of money and time.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I placed an order online and 1 hour passed without delivery. I called the hotline asking about the order to which they transferred me to the complaint center and then to the one responsible for the orders online. To my surprise he told me that he personally called and someone answered and told him that no one made an order and refused to take it. Funny thing is that no one called on any of my numbers and I assured him that he must have called someone else by mistake. But as any modern human being he wouldn't admit to that. I'm too hungry to argue so he re-ordered the same thing again for me and I told him to call the numbers again to make sure he doesn't dial them wrongly. This is the 2nd time I have something similar happen to me from KFC. And something like this never happened to me with any other restaurant. I love their food but if someone in their staff dialed the wrong number at least own to the mistake and don't lie about it.

Original review: June 21, 2018

The KFC located on 1959 Bruckner Blvd Bronx, NY 10472 is the worst KFC ever. The employees there are terrible at customer service especially the Manager ** and the food is barely edible. KFC Corporate needs to shut this place down as it's giving their brand a bad name.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I went to store #E720017 on 6/6/18 at approximately 2:45pm. My granddaughter wanted a pot pie after I picked her up from school. We went home to eat and luckily she has a habit of looking at her food before she puts it in her mouth. She saw a little piece of this bone on her fork that was under the food. You can see the size of the bone, it’s on the cover above the pot pie. The bone is about one and a half to two inches long and thin.

Original review: June 1, 2018

KFC restaurant # k07118 - The person in front going to tell me. That I have to keep you have to keeps what on the menu. Everyone do not eat mashed potatoes and every one don’t coleslaw. If I am paying for my food I should get want I want. The grilled chicken is dry. Cook all the moistness out of chicken. I would never come here again.

Original review: May 14, 2018

Why and how is it possible for this KFC franchise at golf links in Tucson AZ to charge practically $2.25 per chicken no matter which part it was for. A bucket of 8 piece was almost $19. That's highway robbery. Plus they didn't even provide me with a receipt.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I visited restaurant #L039025 today at lunch time. It apparently was a favorite destination today because they were very busy in the drive thru lane. Needless to say, busy or not your order should be complete. It's pretty petty to complain about not receiving my cooking on the $5 fill up box, but it is what it is.

Original review: April 4, 2018

We do a lot of traveling, but every time we stop at any KFC the chicken is very dry! Here in Florida all the KFC are not very inviting. We went with our grandchild to one. As soon as we walked in my baby said, "It stinks here." I love KFC, but everywhere we go it very disappointing. Even though it is not cheap, the food is not good. We need the delicious KFC back!

Original review: March 26, 2018

12 piece bucket with 4 extra pieces {and 2 sets sides plus biscuits}. Total ordered 12+4, half extra crispy, half original. Total gotten 5 thighs. 4 breasts 4 wings, {refuse to count the 2 little who knows what this piece supposed to be, not edible}. NO legs AT ALL, minus one biscuit. MINUS extra crispy at ALL {NOT even crispy, soggy mess especially for original} and minus by 3 pieces on top of all that. No idea what 'mandatory insert' time crap was on their site, the paper was too soggy to read. THIRD time Muscle Shoals KFC have been crap, screwing up order and shorting it, especially as to legs and putting in the ? pieces, greasy soggy {that's for crispy/extra crispy, the regular is WORSE} buckets has him going to Popeye's, which I don't like but then don't like getting cheated out of type/kind/amount of chicken either so letting him go get actual chicken for himself.

Original review: March 23, 2018

We eat KFC several times a month, and take a bucket to our friends once a month. We Love the regular, always ask for extra gravy. Good for dinner while watching sports, now it’s Gonzaga Basketball. We get our chicken at the store on Division Street Spokane Washington 8 miles south for us. Love it. Good stuff.

Original review: March 19, 2018

The chicken I received was very very greasy to the point of almost being inedible. It literally gave me diarrhea. For two days they ignored my dissatisfaction even after creating a reference number and telling me the area manager would contact me. Finally the store rang the manager. Said they were very busy and didn't rest/stand the chicken after cooking and wanted a photo of the remaining chicken and would replace that. I replied with the photo and a statement that them being busy was no reason to serve me food that was not prepared properly to the point of making me sick. As of 19/3/2018 still no reply from KFC.

Original review: March 13, 2018

On Monday March 12, 2018 at approximately 2:15 pm I went through the drive-thru at the KFC at 7304 E. Admiral Pl. in Tulsa OK 74115 for just an order of their new BBQ chicken strips. My roommate had been wanting to try it so I thought I could get an order of just the strips so we could just try a taste of it to see if we liked it. I asked the person on the speaker if they sold just the chicken. She said it's listed at the top of the menu board. I looked again and did not see it so I asked again with the exact same response to a simple yes/no answer. A third time I asked and received the same response. At this time, I was getting no response from her at all (who turned out to be the manager of the store) with no answers to my question if she was there. I said "since it seems I have to I suppose I will have to order the meal". I also ordered 4 apple pies. Still no response.

After an extremely long wait for a response she came back on and said "I'm sorry, my battery died". She then said "I SUPPOSE your total is $8.00" which indicates she had lied about her batteries dying. I said "Fine, but I think the attitude is unnecessary, please have your manager waiting for me at the window" to which she replied "I AM the manager". I drove around to the window and took out a $10 bill ready to pay for my food. She came to the window, took my money and stepped away before I could say anything. She came back with my change and I said "Maybe if you would just answer a simple yes/ no answer with a yes or no instead of being vague then maybe she wouldn't lose customers or get complaints".

I would also like to point out that I did not raise my voice to her during this interchange. She responded with "Maybe if you wouldn't ask the same question 3 times expecting a different answer I wouldn't have that issue" at which point she literally slammed the drive-through window shut before I could respond. When she finally came back with my food, I said to her without raising my voice (although by this time I was more than a little irritated) "I hope for the sake of your business that you're not a ** to all of your customers". (I realize I could have phrased it better) to which she responded by literally leaning out on the windowsill with her arms crossed trying to get in my face screaming "You know what? You're a ** and can go to hell". At this point there was no sense in speaking to someone who was obviously out of their depth any longer so I just drove away while she continued her hateful rant.

I'm not a big fan of KFC's original recipe but I do like the extra crispy and since the BBQ strips were battered with the extra crispy coating I thought the BBQ might be good and it was fine but not so good that I need to tolerate that kind of treatment from the manager of the store to go back again. Unfortunately, I have misplaced the receipt but will add it if I find it (if that is possible).

KFC Company Information