1.47/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 4, 2018

380 KFC Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 4, 2018

We do a lot of traveling, but every time we stop at any KFC the chicken is very dry! Here in Florida all the KFC are not very inviting. We went with our grandchild to one. As soon as we walked in my baby said, "It stinks here." I love KFC, but everywhere we go it very disappointing. Even though it is not cheap, the food is not good. We need the delicious KFC back!

Original review: March 26, 2018

12 piece bucket with 4 extra pieces {and 2 sets sides plus biscuits}. Total ordered 12+4, half extra crispy, half original. Total gotten 5 thighs. 4 breasts 4 wings, {refuse to count the 2 little who knows what this piece supposed to be, not edible}. NO legs AT ALL, minus one biscuit. MINUS extra crispy at ALL {NOT even crispy, soggy mess especially for original} and minus by 3 pieces on top of all that. No idea what 'mandatory insert' time crap was on their site, the paper was too soggy to read. THIRD time Muscle Shoals KFC have been crap, screwing up order and shorting it, especially as to legs and putting in the ? pieces, greasy soggy {that's for crispy/extra crispy, the regular is WORSE} buckets has him going to Popeye's, which I don't like but then don't like getting cheated out of type/kind/amount of chicken either so letting him go get actual chicken for himself.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 23, 2018

We eat KFC several times a month, and take a bucket to our friends once a month. We Love the regular, always ask for extra gravy. Good for dinner while watching sports, now it’s Gonzaga Basketball. We get our chicken at the store on Division Street Spokane Washington 8 miles south for us. Love it. Good stuff.

Original review: March 19, 2018

The chicken I received was very very greasy to the point of almost being inedible. It literally gave me diarrhea. For two days they ignored my dissatisfaction even after creating a reference number and telling me the area manager would contact me. Finally the store rang the manager. Said they were very busy and didn't rest/stand the chicken after cooking and wanted a photo of the remaining chicken and would replace that. I replied with the photo and a statement that them being busy was no reason to serve me food that was not prepared properly to the point of making me sick. As of 19/3/2018 still no reply from KFC.

Original review: March 13, 2018

On Monday March 12, 2018 at approximately 2:15 pm I went through the drive-thru at the KFC at 7304 E. Admiral Pl. in Tulsa OK 74115 for just an order of their new BBQ chicken strips. My roommate had been wanting to try it so I thought I could get an order of just the strips so we could just try a taste of it to see if we liked it. I asked the person on the speaker if they sold just the chicken. She said it's listed at the top of the menu board. I looked again and did not see it so I asked again with the exact same response to a simple yes/no answer. A third time I asked and received the same response. At this time, I was getting no response from her at all (who turned out to be the manager of the store) with no answers to my question if she was there. I said "since it seems I have to I suppose I will have to order the meal". I also ordered 4 apple pies. Still no response.

After an extremely long wait for a response she came back on and said "I'm sorry, my battery died". She then said "I SUPPOSE your total is $8.00" which indicates she had lied about her batteries dying. I said "Fine, but I think the attitude is unnecessary, please have your manager waiting for me at the window" to which she replied "I AM the manager". I drove around to the window and took out a $10 bill ready to pay for my food. She came to the window, took my money and stepped away before I could say anything. She came back with my change and I said "Maybe if you would just answer a simple yes/ no answer with a yes or no instead of being vague then maybe she wouldn't lose customers or get complaints".

I would also like to point out that I did not raise my voice to her during this interchange. She responded with "Maybe if you wouldn't ask the same question 3 times expecting a different answer I wouldn't have that issue" at which point she literally slammed the drive-through window shut before I could respond. When she finally came back with my food, I said to her without raising my voice (although by this time I was more than a little irritated) "I hope for the sake of your business that you're not a ** to all of your customers". (I realize I could have phrased it better) to which she responded by literally leaning out on the windowsill with her arms crossed trying to get in my face screaming "You know what? You're a ** and can go to hell". At this point there was no sense in speaking to someone who was obviously out of their depth any longer so I just drove away while she continued her hateful rant.

I'm not a big fan of KFC's original recipe but I do like the extra crispy and since the BBQ strips were battered with the extra crispy coating I thought the BBQ might be good and it was fine but not so good that I need to tolerate that kind of treatment from the manager of the store to go back again. Unfortunately, I have misplaced the receipt but will add it if I find it (if that is possible).

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KFC?

Original review: March 10, 2018

This is the worst restaurant I have ever been to. First off I went there at 6 pm one day and the doors were locked. There were customers in the store but doors were locked. Knocked on the door and employees just looked but did not come to door to give explanation. Others came to door and knocked and got no response. Went back today and got shorted on food and it smelled like a sewer inside. I will never go again and will advise any and everyone to not go there as well. Worst restaurant EVER!!!

Original review: March 8, 2018

Made to wait at Farringdon for over half an hour. Told there were no wings, but that anything ordered with wings would be supplemented with an alternative product. No alternative product was provided. Food was cold. Mis-sold products and misled at the restaurant by staff (lied to, essentially). Furthermore pursued complaint through the companies website on the same day, attached receipt and provided full details of visit. I was advised by the website that simultaneously it would take 48 hours and 5 days for a response to a formal complaint. Having looked back at it now, it's been over 7 days since my visit and they haven't acknowledged my complaint or made any kind of response. Mis-selling products, misleading consumers and refusing to speak with them regarding complaints, comments and feedback. Very dissatisfied with the service here.

Original review: March 2, 2018

We have purchased Chicken Pot Pies from Kentucky Fried Chicken many times. They were good. But they changed their ingredients. They removed the chicken. You cannot find the chicken at all. It is full of potatoes and a couple of carrot slices. When after they were like this two times in a roll, we complained and was told they were getting a lot of complaints and they did change the ingredients. Will not go to KFC again.

Original review: March 1, 2018

Drive through experience on 2/28/18, 21:00 pm., 7245 E Golf Links Road, Tucson, AZ 85730. We tried for 30 minutes to phone in our order because the hot wings bucket is a special order and takes 9-10 minutes. No one answered the phone.We arrived at the drive through and there was one car exiting the drive thru. But when I asked why they were not answering their phone I was told their phone never rang. But it is the same number I always use to place my order. Then I am told it will 9 minutes to cook. When asked if there was anything else, I said yes a discount for having to wait because they did not answer their phone. I was then told it would take 18 minutes for the wings.

When I asked for corporate's number she said she did not have it and that it was on the receipt. So I asked to buy a small coleslaw so I could get their number. The teller continued to talk about how it would not do any good to call. I then told her to shut up and sell me the coleslaw. She then told me she refused to serve us. I pulled up to the takeout window and that person told me if he had a line of cars he would not answer the phone. Not that it did not ring! I said we wanted to order a small coleslaw and then was told that the manager told him not to serve us. I then turned off the ignition and said that no one would get thru the drive thru until they served us. They threatened to call the cops and I said go ahead. Then I decided I had overreacted and we drove away.

We took our business to Eegee's and a male from KFC followed us over there, said he was the manager, and wanted to get our license number so the cops would come to our house. He actually pulled up his shirt to show his chest and said my husband was messing with the wrong boy. My husband is over 67 and disabled. Now who is overacting! The male manager? Created such a scene at Eegee's that the cashier stopped taking my order so they could observer what was happening in the parking lot.

I have been a loyal customer of KFC for almost 30 years and have put up with bad service and broken equipment from this KFC. The only reason I stop at his KFC is because Popeyes quit selling hot wings. However, this is the last straw. You have lost my business forever. After I calm down I will decide whether to post this on Facebook. Please educate your managers in how to deal with the public. This whole situation could have been diffused if the manager had been truthful when we first placed our order. If you want my phone number or address I will gladly provide it. I tried to post his feedback on the corporate website under contact us – pissed off customer reviews but keep getting a message that the website is not working and try again later. Please have the decency to respond.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Apparently KFC must be doing horribly to get a singer who, until the KFC ads, was respected and admired. Not only does Reba sound like she's just selling herself out, but the fact she dresses as the male Col., facial hair and everything, is weird and unappealing (For the record, I'm pro LGBTQ, but this is like getting a male actor to dress up like Aunt Jemima or Wendy). I now refuse to eat at KFC and will no longer be purchasing anything Reba makes either. This is a horrible marketing strategy for both parties.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

By taking the 2 piece snack off the menu, you thought you could force us to buy a 2 piece meal for more money, but I just won't come to your establishment anymore because I refuse to pay more for the same thing & I'm not alone... All my family & friends feel the same way!! We don't want your instant mashed potatoes & canned baked beans... We just want the chicken & biscuits. And now that we know that your customers don't really mean anything to you... It's all about the money & only the money... Goodluck; because that usually the beginning to the end.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

This franchise is starting to go downhill!! I've visited a few of these restaurants in the Wisconsin area and they are always out of something. A few times they were out of chicken. Sometimes if they have chicken they can't make the different flavors they advertise. It's always something they don't have or can't make. Sometimes the biscuits are stale.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Please check this store thoroughly, we have eat here since all our life, we know the store, there is a problem here with guidelines, protocol, in upper management, I personally believe it's theft, from operator, chickens good sometimes, in the last 5 years, I love KFC, but in short, I am not going all out until I see something is done here. I will give you guys 3 months, to get it together, if problem is still there, I will post in every area about fake chicken at this site address is 7304 E Admiral Blvd Tulsa OK store#c975040.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

The manager of this restaurant is the rudest, and most disrespectful person I have ever had the displeasure of interacting with! The way she talked, or should I say cussed at her employees in front of customers including children is completely degrading to her employees and to me and my family as customers expecting a family friendly atmosphere... Well that was pretty much the exact opposite of what we experienced! This is an ongoing problem and I have learned that most of the people who are employed at this Kentucky Fried Chicken in Washington, Indiana 47501 usually end up quitting because of the way this manager treats them. I cannot fathom why and how this person is still employed by, and managing one of my family's, and dare I say one of our great nation's favorite restaurants!?!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I am a regular customer but today you make me very disappoint. This time I ordered from Chandigarh. I ordered twice from Chandigarh. I had a very bad experience. 7 Jan 2017, I ordered 15pcs of chicken wings with 2 Pepsi cans. Whereas only 14pcs wings (skinless) and there was no pouch of sauces and no Pepsi cans. Pieces of chicken wings was not good and not Grilled properly. It was only boney, no skin on it and my order was also not complete. There is no pouch of sauces and quality of tissue paper is too low grade. I received the most horrible customer service ever. The food is not supplied as per the order. They absolutely do not care about the product. It is shared Waste of my hard earning money. Never order in KFC. KFC is once a reputed brand but lost all its reputation today in my mind.This was not acceptable at all.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I have had trouble before at the Clinton In. Kentucky Fried and Taco Bell. Many times waited for more than a hour on chicken, but put that aside. I finally found something I really liked, the naked chicken chips! The only problem is they dropped them from the menu. Why this was the best thing they had, only on the menu for a couple months. Please bring them back.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

KFC has usually great service and pleasant as well. But once in a while a mistake or I have to wait for food to be prepared, as they have run out.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Waste of money. Chicken was not fried at all. Never order in KFC. We had 2 to 3 times of bad experience. We wasted everything. KFC was once a reputed brand but lost all its reputation today. Waste of time.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I visited the KFC in West Henrietta Rd. in Rochester, NY. and ordered 3 individual orders. I found out the prices almost doubled but customer service almost gone with the wind. When I asked if there was a senior discount, I was met with a sarcastic look from the cashier who pointed to her supervisor to come and deal with me. He had an attitude and talked to me in a very rude way to say there wasn't such senior discount ever. I left the store without my order and swore I'll never go back again.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I've lived in this area for 5 years and I constantly have to look at my order to see if they got it right. Tonight, I saw that I did get mashed potatoes but when I got home and lifted the lid and no gravy. I saw the chicken was extra crispy like I ordered but I ordered 2 thighs and received a breast and a wing. This location has the most horrible customer service ever. They absolutely do not care about the product that is ordered and the product received. I blame that squarely on management which sucks.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Let me start with once would be forgivable, however this has happened to me twice now and doing prime dinner rush on the way home from work between the hours of 5 and 6 p.m. Both starts with there is no chicken cooked. It'll be 30 to 40 minutes. Okay I'll gladly wait 30 40 minutes for some fresh chicken but let's go ahead and pay for it now to get it out of the way. Advice for those who live paycheck-to-paycheck don't do this because if this is last few dollars you have in your account you're going to be very hungry for a long time waiting for the reimbursement if they cannot sell you a dinner and if you want drumsticks or breasts you can pretty much guarantee they're not going to be available. Why they wait to take your money and make you sit there for 30 to 40 minutes before they tell you they can't sell you breasts or drumsticks, if you got any kids you understand how important those drumsticks are, I am really not understanding but aggravated about it.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I am a regular customer but today you make me very disappoint. Order delay 90 mins. Pieces of chicken was not good and also very small pieces. No straw with cold drink. Request for extra buns instead of fries but didn't get. This was not acceptable at all.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Sign says they're open at 10:30... So I walk in and try to order. The woman behind the counter acted like I had broken into the store. Treated me like I was at fault for expecting signs to be accurate. Although they should have been open, they were not because their cook had not yet arrived. Terrible.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

My husband and I decided to treat ourselves to a 12 piece bucket meal at the closest KFC last night. It cost us almost $40. No drinks included. When we got home with it, we were shocked. Pieces of the neck attached to portions and other pieces had been cut in half to make two pieces. So we were paying twice for the usual one piece. Have you wonder if they will start growing in the feet of the birds. You gave more money. No flavor whatsoever in the coating. We will never go back there again. Extremely disappointed!!! We didn't even get our receipt.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

On my way home from work, I quickly swerved my automobile into the parking area of the local KFC franchise. I walked in and was greeted by a violent, threatening voice behind the counter. He looked to be about 23 and he was wearing sunglasses. I asked him what his deal was but to no avail. He started shouting at me. I had already ordered my food at this point and it was nearly finished. When MY food was done, the young gentleman proceeded to eat my order. The manager waltzed out of the bathroom and apologized. I was thoroughly disappointed by the experience.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Me and my partner frequent this Store #5077 Fayetteville N.C. maybe once or twice a month and the last time was the LAST TIME... I am not a meat eater per se, so when I love the biscuits and Mac and cheese, it is perfect... But the last time we went to this particular establishment, all of the tables were filthy. There were ants crawling on the counter, there was a stain on the window where I sat down like someone had thrown a drink there and no one EVER cleaned it up. The drink area was sticky, and filthy... There were so many people behind the counter, and no one came out into the lobby to clean it. I had to clean my own table... This is ridiculous. If a general manager or a member of corporate or THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT had walked into this restaurant at the time I was there they would have shut this store down immediately... And adding to this, three people came in from drive thru because their orders were wrong.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I purchased 16 pieces of original chicken with sides of corn, coleslaw, mashed potatoes, and biscuits at the KFC located in North Port, FL. My purchase was made on or about 9-21-17 in the mid-afternoon. I am NOT a regular customer of KFC! I was astounded to learn that they did not have any chicken breasts left and replaced them with two chicken legs. I learned that their coleslaw is practically tasteless. I learned that their corn is canned corn as opposed to fresh corn. The corn was so hard that it was barely edible. If the biscuits were buttered, I could not taste the butter. The mashed potatoes were not freshly made mashed potatoes.

As to the original chicken, it was greasy and had way too much batter on it. The breasts should have been cut into two pieces as well as the thighs. If I had prepared fried chicken, corn, coleslaw, biscuits, and mashed potatoes, my preparations would far exceed how KFC prepares their foods. I was very disappointed! I wonder if all KFC stores prepare their foods in the same manner.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

Believe me, I've had some bad fast food experiences before, but this place, by far, was the worst! Came in last Sunday afternoon with my family to eat in. I could barely get inside because of customers waiting for their orders. I should have left then, but the order taker had no line. He took our order promptly and we went to be seated, but not before joining the other customers cleaning off a table to eat. We waited a solid 15 min before I went to inquire about my order, finding some of the same people that were there when I arrived. There was so much confusion about who's order belonged to who because the receipt device was down.

After another 10 min., I asked the order taker for a refund. He took it upon himself to ask to fill the order himself. I agreeded. Here's where the real problem started! While waiting, I hear loud shouting and cursing, from the drive thru area. Suddenly, some of the staff began holding back another staff from going outside to fight a customer. Turns out to be the Manager! Last straw! When the Manager calmed himself down, I asked for my money back and went directly across the street to Bojangol's! Never Again! The 1 star was for the order taker!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

On 9/3 1:15pm in Bristol, CT I ordered the 6 piece bucket for $10, a favorite I purchase about once a week. It was a simple question when I was handed a box instead of a bucket, that the appearance was not what I expected and perhaps it wasn't my order. The cashier laughed and mockingly said it doesn't have to come in a bucket. It's six pieces of chicken. Fine, that is easily understood, if you don't enrage the customer by mocking the question. I didn't expect it and the fool-hardy, attitude that I was stupid, because I questioned if it was my order, based solely on packaging was a slow burn.

GOOD customer service is to simply say, no buckets and we packed it in a box. Apologies for the surprise. No problem I thought it was the wrong order. But the howling grin and mocking words are rebuked and unwelcome. Perhaps the great genius cashing my $20 dollar bill might have understood that pissing off a customer is a retail-sin and punishable by boycotting a business that hires low character mockers for help. You don't mock a customer because you handed them something that appeared to belong to another order.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I visited the Preston St. KFC location in Louisville, KY at 3:56 pm. I ordered the buffet dinner. The food on the serving line looked OLD and dried. I went ahead and put some mashed potatoes and gravy on my plate along with one piece of fried chicken. The chicken was horrible, it was greasy dried out and tough. I returned to the buffet and got a drumstick and again the chicken was old and dried out. I waited for the person to fill the container with new chicken. Then I returned to the line. The same thing i.e. old and dried out. I think that all KFC restaurants sends the buffet all of the leftover chicken that is leftover at their restaurants. I will NEVER darken their doorway again.

KFC Company Information