1.24/5
Are you this business? Claim your page

416 KFC Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 16, 2019

I am very disappointed with how KFC chicken pieces have shrunk in size. The only whole pieces of chicken supplied are the wings and drumsticks. All other pieces are basically unrecognizable. Breasts and thighs are cut what seems to be in half. You no longer get a full thigh, rib breast or centre breast. In the past, when I ordered 8 pieces, I'd get 8 full pieces basically representing a whole chicken. Now, you get 2 wings, 2 drumsticks and 4 tiny pieces of randomly cut pieces of chicken which no longer represents a whole chicken. It cost me over $17. Bye bye KFC, hello Popeye's and Mary Brown's. I'm done with KFC...

Original review: March 6, 2019

I go to drive through order the 16 piece family meal and a famous bowl. I am told they are out of corn, so I opt for two mash potatoes and two coleslaw. I get to the window and am asked what I ordered, I repeated my 16 piece family meal with a famous bowl and 2 potatoes and 2 coleslaw. The lady at the window said, "We have here a 12 piece meal for you so do you want to add a few extra pieces?" I said, "No I do not want to pay extra for adding pieces, I ordered the 16 piece and I want the 16 piece." She takes the register receipt to a large guy and tells him I want the 16 not the 12 with adding extra, he said charge her for the 16 piece. I paid for it and waited.

Then my food came to the window and I asked the Window lady if this is the 12 or 16 piece meal? She said the 16. I look in my bag and there are zero biscuits, so I asked if they were out of biscuits too? She sighed loudly and went and got the biscuits. I drive off and as I’m at the red light I see there is Zero Coleslaw. I turn around go back to KFC.

Before leaving my car to go inside I count my chicken pieces, it was only 12 pieces! I take my food inside and at the counter no one acknowledged I was standing there, so I said I need the manager and no one said anything, thinking they had not heard me I said it again louder. The cook at the chicken said what? I repeated I need the manager. He goes into the office on the right and comes back and says it will be a few minutes. I waited then a short lady walks towards me and I asked if she was the manager and she shakes her head no and walks away. Then the same man cooking chicken asked what can he help me with? I explained the chicken shortage, and lack of coleslaw, so he said he would give me the rest so he brought the 4 missing pieces of chicken and two coleslaws. The manager NEVER came to speak to me!

I paid almost $48.00 for my family’s meal and I would appreciate getting everything I paid for without the hassle of having to go back because the window person and the person putting in the food Didn’t bother to check it resulting in an expensive meal that was only half delivered and a person at the window lying instead of checking the food! Wasted time, wasted gas and a hassle to even get it! I used to love KFC, but obviously the service has declined so poorly that my family will take our money and service elsewhere. I will not spend our hard earned money In an establishment who does not care about their customers or service anymore!

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I started to notice some things that were odd when I came here for the third time in one week. The first two times were okay, but the third time I could see that they’re probably going out of business. I ordered 3 combos of chicken. One of which was coated in sauce. The other two were plain crispy. My previous two trips they had given me two sauces when I bought only one chicken combo. This time I got 3 chicken combos, but still could only get two sauces added. My boyfriend also got a lemonade with his order which was an added 30¢, but then noticed he had 80% ice and finished the drink in a matter of minutes. (No exaggeration). The straws are cheap, I’m guessing they give sporks to lessen the cost of getting different utensils, and the chicken is small. Nothing like I remembered it being.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

The last 5 or 6 times we have eaten at KFC we have noticed big time that the chicken, no matter what the coating, that the chicken is all breading and hardly any meat. Check it yourself...when you get a piece of chicken peel or take off the breading and see how big the chicken actually is. There is hardly any meat to their chicken. Everything else is fine and tastes good, but you get no meat, just breading. My wife prefers dark meat and she is diabetic and can't eat the breading. When she pulls the breading off there is nothing left but a really small amount of meat and bones.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

The buffet had very little potato salad, no green beans, two pans of chicken with a total of 6 pieces of chicken that looked like it had been leftovers from lunch, no dessert and overall pathetic. This was at the dinner hour. There were three cars waiting to get their food at the drive thru. We will not be going back anytime soon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KFC?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I grew up eating KFC, always enjoyed the Wing Ding dinner, you get 4 pieces of wings, wedge potatoes, biscuit, mash with gravy. I live now in Thailand last 14 years. Twice a year I return for a visit to San Francisco. Maybe it is the new minimum wage of $15.00 per hour but went into the store on Taraval in the Sunset district and ask for a Wing Ding dinner total cost with tax was $10.78. In the past, when I get home the small box they give you with everything inside one can barely keep the lid closed.

When I got back to the motel, I pull out the box and noticed the lid sagging. When I opened it I said to myself "Where is the chicken?" I got 4 wings alright push to one corner of the box. Each wing was no larger than 2 inches in diameter. I thought they were selling chicken wings not baby chics' wings. I never have seen wings anywhere in the world this small! Not only was the wings small they forgot to provide the biscuit! This was recent Feb 10th 2019.

This same store combines with Taco Bell, which I also like. On my September visit ordered two Taco Supreme $2.15 each and an Enchirito. When I got back to the motel opened the Taco. There was 5 rolled up pieces of beef with all the trimming. It barely filled half the taco shell. Not sure if this is happening in this store only but I'm not going to spend another dollar on KFC to find out.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

If I could give the rating a 0 I totally would. The girl who took my order was impatient but that was the least of my worries. I get my 3 piece chicken with mashed potatoes, a biscuit, cookie and drink. The price was $6.30 but they couldn’t pay me to eat from that place again. I get in my car and drive home and get excited to eat the chicken I was craving. The first bite was awful, felt like I was chewing on a chunky fruit roll up. Gave it another chance and almost puked it up. Next I tried the biscuit. It was okay.

Next I started to eat the mash potatoes. A couple bites in, I chewed down on something hard. I quickly spit it in the garbage and threw the whole thing away. I’ve had a weird taste in my mouth the past 20 minutes and I’m very nervous to know what it was. I took a drink out of my iced tea because... it seems hard to mess up iced tea. It tasted like straight piss. Don’t go to KFC unless you enjoy the taste of rubbery chicken and chunky mashed potatoes.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Their chicken is super small now and expensive too! Compare to how they were couple years back. I think they should give back the big and juicy size chicken that they use to serve before the fact that their prices now is also too pricey!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

My experience was fine. Service was fast and friendly. It's when I got home that I became upset. I bought the $20 12 piece chicken tender family meal. I've only purchased the bucket of chicken in the past and have never been disappointed so my kids wanted chicken "with no bones" tonight. I wish I would have taken a picture for you. Half of it ended up in the garbage. The tenders, if you can call them that were various sizes, over fried, dried out and basically inedible. About 4 of the 12 pieces were just a long, skinny piece of fried chicken skin. Seriously.

There was no chicken on these long, skinny fried "things"...they looked like a long misshapen index finger. Turns out it was skin and breading... How am I suppose to give that to my children? Only about 4 of these tenders where actually tenders. And even then the chicken part of these dried up globs were hard and dry. Honestly the most awful fast food dinner I have ever purchased. I'm surprised, and angry. Perhaps it does explain why I was the only person in the drive up line, and there was only one person inside the restaurant.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

If I could rate 0 stars, I would have. I ordered chicken tenders that were cold and rubbery, with way too much breading. The service was very poor. Granted, they have just gotten a new menu 4 days ago, but no one had attempted to familiarize themselves with it. And the price was more than double that of McDonald's, and did not taste nearly as good. I am not a fan of fast food, but it's great when you are in a hurry...but I won't be going to KFC AGAIN.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

My son ate just two nuggets and start complaining stomach ache and dizzy. I took him to the dr and dr said he got food poisoning. Dr told me she got 4 patients same day of food poisoning who ate food from KFC. So guys please don't eat KFC Food.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

If they had 0 stars, I’d definitely give this place that rating. I attempted to order thru the drive thru at this location (Old Spanish Train in Houston) and I had 1 order with 5 different items (boxes) for 5 different people. I was in complete shock when told I could only get 2 items per order in the drive thru. Where they do that at?! Never in my life have I heard of such stupidity. Then when I made the comment that that didn’t make sense, her response to me was it would make sense to come in if you’d like. Rude!!! Never again will I visit a KFC if this is what/who you employ. And I will share this with as many sites as I can to make sure the business hurts!!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Purchase an 8 piece meal and I received 4 thighs, 4 legs all dark meat no breast no wings. Called West Columbia store where purchased and they were very rude. I will be going back tomorrow to see if they can explain this. I really got taken, and my family had a trouble supper. Thanks KFC.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I went to purchase a meal today at KFC in Torrance on Sepulveda and Arlington. The lady worker her name is Maria gave me an ice tea that smelled like sewer water. Do not ever go there. This place needs to be closed down.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I had the most worst experience ever tonight at this location and will not return and will make sure to let my friends know also. Me and my girlfriend didn’t do anything wrong. Went got to the drive thru and was told there was a 25 minute wait on chicken and if we would want to wait. We said yes and then proceeded with our order which my girlfriend ordered a number ten with potato wedges and coleslaw and a Pepsi. I ordered a number 8 with a Pepsi. We was told the amount was 14.23 and then we was told to pull forward which we did. We waited and waited and while we was waiting all the other cars behind us was getting their orders and passing by and the time was just ticking so I got out to find out why we had not got our order yet and they locked up the doors since we was the only vehicle left waiting so I walked back to the drive thru window and the four women inside the store was just laughing and playing and joking in there.

Finally they realize I am at the window and she comes to the window and I was like, "Did you forget about us? It’s been 25 minutes and we still waiting" and she was like, "It’s still cooking and it ain’t been 25 minutes yet" sounds was like. "Well don’t forget about us." A couple minutes later another woman comes out and tells me their flyer messed up and that they not gone be able to give us our order so we gone have to choose to order something else or get a refund. This really upset me because we had plans on wanting our food but I was so upset I told her to just give me a refund and I will go somewhere else or just order from Uber Eats instead so she took my receipt and went and got my amount. She came back and gave me my 14.23 and then walked off and kept my receipt.

She did not want to give me the receipt back because she figured I was going to call about what happened but I have my girlfriend here as my witness to everything that was done and I will make sure that this is not the end of this. I wish that store would just close down for good. I hate will people treat people this way and you ain’t did anything to them. They made it seem like it’s our fault. They ain’t wanna be there late or whatever.

All we was trying to do is get something to eat and go home but now we had to go home with this negativity because of some lazy workers who wanted to overlook us because of whatever reason they had and to be honest nothing can change this experience. I don’t need any coupons or nothing. I am done with this store. Period. I don’t want a sorry or anything of that nature because it will not fix the fact that we was treated so poorly and I go to this KFC a lot and never have I been treated like this but after tonight I will find a different location to go to.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I got a 3 pc meal previously from a local KFC and within an hour began being violently ill. It smelt perfumey but tasted fine. I had 5 days of food poisoning. I even had to go to the doctors to be prescribed medicine to rehydrate my body with all the sickness I suffered. I've always loved KFC so I'm so disappointed. I got tested for what kind of food poisoning it was and guess what? Salmonella! Never again. God forbid my children didn't eat any...else I'd be taking this further.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

The K5 meal chicken tasted old, mashed potatoes was cold and I did not get the cookie in my 2 meals I bought. There was 1 cashier who was fixing and taking orders. I had a bad experience the last time I came to this KFC. Don't think I'll come back.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Some bloke called Luke works here who'll palm you off with some sort of Meal-Deal that's an approximation of what you actually wanted. Luke, just listen - don't waste time trying to turn my order into a deal, just give me what I want, I'll pay, sit down and eat rather than trying to work out why my order is incomplete. Add to that poor handling and hygiene, long wait for fries and the whole experience becomes a total waste of time and money.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Today I sent my daughter to KFC to get me the Big Box with 3 legs and double mashed potatoes. I was at work so she dropped my food off to me and left. I was very disappointed when I opened one container of my mashed potatoes. They were powdery with the gravy on top...Ugh!! I was so disgusted. I called up there right away and ask for a manager. The lady that answered said she was the manager (Ms. **). I told her all about it and she told me to write her name on the receipt and she'll take care of it when I come back up there, she apologized as well.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

On November 15, a Thursday night, I went to KFC on Manchester Road which is close to the Cecil Charlton Park to buy what I usually buy which is the famous bowl. It was 8:30 when I entered and joined the line. I know KFC is most times crowded because a lot of schools are in the area hence a lot of students plus non students go there to purchase, but I did not expect it to be crowded at 8:30 in the night. One person was cashing, and at the serving area, there was also one person.

After I waited in the line for 15 minutes, and finally reached the cashier, I was told that they were out of famous bowls so it got me wondering, should I have asked before joining the line or should they have something to show when a certain item isn't available? Either way both could work so I think it should be considered. I was disappointed, but I ordered krispers instead. The cashier dealt with me quickly, but when I reached the serving area, I got upset after a while because they were taking so long to give me what I ordered. I kept being told that it's coming up shortly, and when they got tired of me asking, I was mostly ignored. Maybe I had this experience because it was that time of the day, and few persons were off, so I could sympathize with them, but at the end of the day I still wasn't pleased.

Overall, my experience was not so good at the time because I ended up leaving 9:40 after getting what I needed, and that was late for me. I was satisfied with what I ordered, but I didn't like that I had to wait so long to get it. If you are buying Krispers at KFC, I have no complaints about it, and I know that if I had gotten my regular order which is the famous bowl, I would not have any complaints about that either. The only problem for me is the customer service. Message me if you want to comment on my experience or share the experience you had with them.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

KFC: 720 NW 37th Avenue Miami, FL 33135. I have to give this KFC a number 1 in reviews because I went there this afternoon and I was totally disappointed. I had been to this location once before and found it to be more welcoming than this afternoon. The place was completely filthy and dirty. On top of this I asked a worker there at this location to please assist me in cleaning a table. There were more than 4 tables empty and completely dirty and she simply told me very calmly if I wanted napkins to clean the table. I completely stayed stunned at the response. The only other place for me to sit was the floor and that too was completely filthy. I asked her again and she then again said the same response and then I guess the young lady Ms. ** that assisted me with my order sent a young man to clean the table.

I stayed completely surprised at the lack of customer service that are at some of these locations. On top of this for it to be an eatery and not maintained periodically during the day and not have your locations filthy this is unacceptable. I think that Management and Leadership should be more conscious to the fact that this is a restaurant that is suppose to produce but also be aware of the fact that at the same token be clean and not unsanitary where it can become a health hazard to the customers. And this is a point for all the locations to maybe practice a little more cleanliness throughout your locations. I was totally disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Yesterday I tried the new chicken and waffles at KFC, was so excited to try. First complaint it's too expensive, for two small waffles, a breast and a wing. It was like $7.49. Second the waffles were very heavy like pound cakes, and so sweet. It was gross and that's without adding the side of syrup they gave me. The staff was very friendly and I usually purchase the $5.00 fill-up, just wanted to try this new item but won't ever get it again, don't see it lasting very long because the waffles are way too sweet like they took a cake mix and added more sugar and poured it in a waffle maker. My mom got the chicken strip $5.00 fill up the mashed potato and gravy looked like they had to borrow the gravy from her container for another, there was crust at the top like there was more gravy but was poured off at a later time.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Yesterday, I have visited the new KFC outlet in Thiruvalla, Kerala, India. The outlet is having a good ambiance but the service of staff was very much disappointing. We could not understand what the staff were saying, it was not fair and clear enough. And we ordered 10 pieces of fried chicken and that too was salty in taste and was not at all crispy. Better training needed to the staff I suggest. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Had guest over and decided that KFC Morningside Store in Queensland (4170) was the way to go and bought the $41.95 (Order number ** on the 1/11/18) mega pack. Ripped off by 18 nuggets and six pieces of original were hard and crusty and dripping oil. KFC response was to ignore the complaint altogether.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Went to get a 12 PC original chicken. They didn't have all original so they said they could do half and half. Stood and waited for 20 minutes and then they asked what I was waiting for. People who came in after me were getting their buckets of chicken. No apology. Who doesn't have one of their main menu items at the supper time rush. Visited store in Moorhead MN. Very disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

So... August 24th we went to have lunch at KFC located on 20320 FM 529 RD Cypress. Paid $25 cash for our meal and we never got it, try the soda machine and there who're nasty... taste like carbonate water, we ask for our money back and they said that they don't do refunds. They wrote in the back of the receipt a phone # and the name of the Manager to call back for refund??? I'm never experienced something like that, so they literally took our money and told us in our face, "You not getting it back!"

We call the number and never got a answer for this person. It was a wrong number. We took this video for I think the 4 trip we make to the store trying to get our meal or refund, but they always have an excuse. I call corporate 4 times! Today September 22 almost a month later they told us that they will send a voucher for $25 but we have to wait fifteen more days! This people are unbelievable! I think this place is out of our favorite list for sure!? We are hoping we don't have to take legal action.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

My husband and I went to KFC in Omaha, NE on Blondo street. We were met at the window by Brian who was very cheerful and helpful, even though they were about to close. I have had many good experiences at this location, but even though there was 1 minute to close he didn't rush us and was very kind. I love KFC, and this location is always very nice and friendly and the food is always on point. This was about an hour ago.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I have see KFC online delivery Malaysia in Facebook and I also order it. The menu was 3 pcs crispy tenders the normal one and 3 pcs crispy tenders (dunk in dip). When I ordering KFC the time was 1:30pm. The deliver man came my house at 4:30pm. I try call the KFC head office. They said, “Your food is on the way”. And I try to call again... Again they said they are on the way. So the deliver man never come means CL again. Lastly he come but I don't know whether he search my house take too time or something else. Then I also paid the KFC food RM 18.00.

Then I check the chicken, chicken was too cold, no taste, no crispy at all, and I also no appetite to eat the cold chicken. His explanation also not clear. If he didn't know where the address was he can call me but he didn't. He said not enough manpower in the KFC and he was new at there. I can't take his explanation and his reasons all. His reasons all stupid reasons and waste reason. So sorry. I hate the chicken that I ate. But I cannot take it. First reason too late. Second too cold. However I have paid it. So please take responsible of this kind of situation. Seriously I can't take it. Thank you.

Original review: July 24, 2018

While in the drive-thru at KFC located at 15821 Pines Blvd Pembroke, Pines Florida, Employee ** (refused to give last name) closed the restaurant while I was in line at the intercom ready to place my order. I arrived at the store at approx. 11:50pm - 11:55pm. The store was clearly still open as other customers ahead of me were placing orders. Upon arriving at the intercom waiting for an employee to take my order the restaurant was shut down while I'm waiting at the intercom to place my order. Finally made it up to the window and Dale refused to take my order, then threatened to call the police stating that I was trespassing as I inquired about his name and to speak with a manager.

The proper thing to do is to have cones placed in the drive-thru at a reasonable time prior to scheduled closing so as to inform potential customers that the drive-thru is closed. Or at the very least, close the drive-thru after the last vehicle that is in line prior to 12-midnight closing. Then honor the orders of the customers in-line. It was very rude, inconsiderate, and discourteous of "**" and the store's management to not honor customers waiting in-line and then close as if they weren't waiting to patronize the business. That will be THE very last time I or anyone in my family patronize that particular business.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Went to KFC in Selma North Carolina. It took almost 30 minutes and it was only two cars in front of me. The one in front of the one in front of me it's what took so long. The lady at the register get another half of what she was doing. Got my food. It was very cold. It wasn't because I took it home because I said right in the driveway to eat it. They gave me the receipt so I could not do a survey on it. I go to KFC Taco Bell in Clayton North Carolina all the time. I always get the Famous Bowl in Clayton is always hot and your money's worth. The one I got in Selma was cold and was about half-full. A friend that was with me his chicken was cold along with his mashed potatoes and gravy and they did not give him a cookie. Would not recommend this KFC to anyone. It's about the worst KFC I have ever been to and I live maybe 7 or 8 miles from it so I had to go somewhere else and get something to eat because it was cold. Waste of money and time.

KFC Company Information