1.39/5
Based on 195 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

200 Chili's Grill & Bar Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 21, 2019

Chili's Grill & Bar, I 35 N Relo #1386 6619 IH 35 North Austin, TX 78752. I went to this restaurant on 03/13/19 for the drink special. First of all the Hostess was not out front. I had waited for about five minutes. There were a group of four, ** men behind me. When she walked up, although they were behind me, she told them that she would be with them in a minute. I told her that I was next in line, and the group of men behind me confirmed it. She ignored both of us. She went back to see if a table was ready. When she came back, she called another couple, that came in after as well. She seated them and then came back and seated me. We were both getting a table that had two seating; therefore that was no reason not to call me first.

Original review: March 13, 2019

8681 CHILI'S #226 KANSAS CITY KS: We arrive at restaurant at 4:45 pm and did not leave until 6:05 pm. Our order was taken at 5:05 pm and we did not get food until 5:35. The manager told us that my wife's baby back ribs was giving to another table, and we were told we would get cheesecake to compensate for the mix up. We never got the dessert. I wanted to speak to the manager but, they must have went home for the day. Food was good but service and wait time was horrible.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: March 1, 2019

Visited Chili's in Bennington Vermont for the advertised 3 for 10 deal. Waitress never told us that a rootbeer was not a fountain drink and charged us $3.09 for the drink which was supposed to be included in the 3 for 10. The chili was one of the options but it was not mentioned that there was an additional charge if you ordered the chili. Questioned the waitress about the additional charges and she disappeared for more than 10 minutes trapping us at the restaurant since she failed to give us a box for our leftovers. The 3 for 10 actually was 14.09. Left a bad taste in our mouths.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Yesterday was my birthday, me and my family decided to go into the Mt.Zion location in Morrow GA. Well while waiting at the door for over 20 mins with no greeting we were finally seated after another customer came in and was acknowledged even before us to be seated. We were seated in the bar area next to the bar entrance wall. We weren't there no longer than 10 mins when a slew of baby roaches started coming out of some menus that were propped up against the wall where i was sitting. I approached the very first waitress that walked by letting them know what i witnessed. The waitress look at me and then the roaches and then made a disgusted gesture towards the roaches and then walked away like as if it was nothing new. I took pictures and video footage for further notices...but wow.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

My wife, my son and I was driving from Houston and decided to stop smart Chili’s in Baytown Texas. Worst decision ever. We walked in and the host were just standing there talking for about 45 seconds before greeting me. After we finally got seated it took about 6 or 7 minutes before our server greeted us. Then when we finally got our drinks, my wife found, a chunk of hair in her drink from the bar. And then we seen strands of hair in the glass. Finally notified the server and he commented and said that it probably was her hair. Yeah we’re most definitely never going back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chili's Grill & Bar?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Absolutely the worst experience we have EVER had out to dinner! I understand it was our waitress’s first week but WOW! The service was terrible and the steak my husband had was sooo chewy it could not be eaten!!! Had to ask for our beverages twice and my salad was wrong!!! How can you mess up a salad! Then went to pay and machine was froze up!!! Won’t be Back???

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

You guys changed your recipe on the spring roll and your batter chicken. Those were so good, had your current spring roll and chicken terrible. Never going back until you bring back your original formula.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

When we first entered through the door, we had to stand at the door for 5 min, no one greeted us or told us to wait a second before we could be seated. We only got one drink, no refills was offered nor given to us. I received dirty silverware and returned it to my waitress. I did not receive another package of silverware until my food came out. The waitress did not check on us to see how the food was nor check on us to tell us how long it would be until the food arrived. Poor service. Rodney Parham was way better.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

We decided to try Chili's Deptford, NJ again after years of not eating there... Bad move. Grilled chicken was literally burned and returned. Full rack of ribs were more dry than the Sahara desert. Years ago Chili's used to have pretty good ribs and food all around. My advice to you stay away.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I went to the Chili’s address 518 FM1960 Houston, Tx this afternoon. I was seated with immediately with no problem. The server took about 5 minutes to acknowledge me and get my drink order. Once she returned with my Tea I knew what my order was because I’m a frequent Chili's customer. I placed my food order along with my loaded baked potato soup appetizer and my chips and salsa and the waiting starts. About 5 minutes later I finished my first glass of Tea and I did get a quick refill, but still NO appetizer or my chips and salsa yet. About 15 minutes after that a different server brings out my food plate, still NO appetizer or chips and salsa. My next step was to pick up the little table gadget that I was logged into and pay for the order and answer the questions about your visit. Shortly after that the appetizer was brought by my server. Mind you my dinner was already on the table.

As I was getting ready to get up and exit after paying but not eating a bite of the food the manager walks up and ask me if I requested her to come over to my table. My response was NO because I truly didn’t ask for the manager nor did I say anything to any of the workers and to top it off still NO chips and salsa. To close it out since she was there I did tell her what had happen and I had paid and was leaving and I’m sure she could tell I was pissed off and hadn’t touched any of the food and still hadn’t received chips and salsa. As I was having the conversation with the manager the server was behind us waiting on another table which I was sitting back to back with the customers, so I know she could hear what I was saying to the manager and after she finished taking their order she never came over to explain to the manager or apologize for the mistakes that were made.

I didn’t get loud or very belligerent and I did leave a tip of $ .01 on the table. After I went out to my truck reached in the ashtray to find a penny just because a tiny tip gets thought about more than NO tip because the server knows it wasn’t a oh they forgot or maybe you left a tip on your credit card payment which is an option. Sorry for the long negative review, but I did it with detail so people can tell it’s real and as a business owner I like feedback when something wrong is done thru my business.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

It's been a while since I ordered Chicken tenders from Chili's. I recently ordered chicken tenders and I was shocked so much how they looked when I order them. They have changed their chicken tenders so much they are just little tiny things. They're not the real deal of chicken tenders. If you are ever in the mood for chicken tenders do not go to Chili's. They sucked. I will never go to Chili's again for chicken tenders and to tell you the truth I don't feel like going there again. I'm just not impressed with their food anymore. They have changed from good to bad.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

This is the second time we've received a small skimpy salad from Chili's. We have loved the quesadilla explosion salad for years, but recently it's become very small, with a small amount of wilted lettuce and an overabundance of sauce. We know this salad as we've been eating at Chili's for over ten years, but recently Chili's is skimping on the ingredients. This is very unfair for an 11 dollar salad. This has happened twice at two different locations. We are very disappointed: They are about to lose a very faithful group of customers.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Dinner of steak, mashed potatoes and coleslaw. Potatoes were slightly warm and the cheese "flakes" thrown across top of potatoes didn't even melt which indicates the potatoes were not hot. The steak was dry/tough. I will never go to this location again. The only reason I didn't complain/return food for fear someone would have sent back to me with spit or whatever they would have done to be mean. This place either needs a better cook or a manager who is concerned about customers returning. I didn't finish complete meal - it was disgusting. I didn't even want to carry home a doggy bag.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Again only picked one star because of not having the option of picking none. I posted my first review on 10/26/18 and this is the conclusion. I never did receive my so called 3.00 refund that I was informed would be receiving. They in fact never did request that refund, so not only are they dis-respectful to their customers they are also for a lack of better words are just right out liars. To clarify my first post I made the order online and her unknowingly picked it up and that's the reason for paying for it even if it wasn't the quoted price for the online order.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I went to Chili's in Elk Grove on Sunday, 11-18-18. Service was good, but the food was not. Caribbean Salad was weak, skimpy and not worth the $12 paid. It might have had 4 oz of meat and even the greens did not fill the plate. The chicken strips from the kids menu had 3 times the breading and hardly no meat. I also ordered the Southwestern Egg Rolls, they were okay. But on Monday my stomach was very upset and Chili's was the last thing I had eaten. $45 for two and one was a kids meal. Too bad.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

The chicken quesadilla had very little chicken and what there was was it dry and tough. Rest of the quesadilla consisted mainly of soggy shell. The black beans were served hot and were nicely spaced. The rice was bland and tasteless. Won’t go back to this or any Chili's restaurant for quite a while. Total waste of time and money.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Will never return to the Casa Grande AZ Chili's again. Placed an online order, total was 27.25. When the order was picked up, we had to wait 20 minutes past the time given. Was charged 3.00 over the quoted online price, food was cold and two items were missing from the order. When I called spoke to the general manager, was told I would receive a refund for the missing items, the difference in the order overcharged and extra for the mistake. Was at least expecting 10.00. Week past no refund, called and was told that a credit was submitted for 3.00 and would take up to 2 weeks to get it. Last time I ordered was three years ago, now know they haven't changed. Will now never go back to this Chili's and possibly any of them. If that's how they treat their customers I can spend my money just as well somewhere else. ONLY GAVE 1 STAR BECAUSE IT WASN'T AN OPTION TO PICK NONE.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

So just walked into a half empty Chili's and asked for a booth... Was told it would be a wait for a booth. They had 20+ open booths. We could only get a high top table. When we asked why there was a wait we were told it was an "inconvenience for a waiter to walk to another part of the restaurant". What??? We are talking about... literally like 10 feet. Where the hell did service go??? I would give 0 stars if I could. Not everyone is physically able to sit at a high top.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I arrived at Chili's at 6:09. Around 6:15 I was seated. I ordered the buffalo salad. My daughter ordered the ranchero chicken taco. After waiting until 7:00 with no food. I approached another server to request a bill for the beverages and to cancel my order. Just as a was returning to the table, Victoria, my server, arrives with the food. People who were seated after me was served and left by the time I received my order. I am a former waitress. I've had experience in the restaurant business. This was totally ridiculous. I was given a dessert for the wait but that will not make the situation better. I'm so disgusted that I have made the decision to take my business elsewhere. If I ever return to Chili's, it won't be at this location. I left at 7:27 with a take out box full of overcooked chicken on top of salad.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

Just went to Chili’s Harrisonburg Va and the worst experience ever. We won’t ever go back there! I went to the restroom and when I came back to go to my table I walked by the kitchen and a waitress getting ready to take food to a table had her hands in the food eating from the customers dish and didn’t think a thing about it and there were 2 other employees right next to her didn’t say a word. Gross!!! I called over the manager and he could care less. Must be a common practice for their employees to eat and take from the customers plates and eat their food prior to serving it.

My food was not done right so I brought it back. Our waiter Andrew (very rude and uneducated) could care less and never came back to check on us nor did the manager. So that is our last visit there EVER!!! If you would like a meal where all the employees dirty grubby disgusting hands have been in and they have eaten from your plate, and the service is the worst, not to mention the noncleanliness, Chili’s � Harrisonburg VA is the place to go!!!

Original review: June 17, 2018

I could not believe that on Saturday before Father's Day that this Chili's at ROSENBERG, TEXAS had no Ribs of any kind to fill orders. I ordered the Big Mouth Bites and the PICK 2 Make It A Combo (6oz steak & shrimp). The Big Mouth Bites were to have bacon, cheese, sautéed onions & ranch dressing. When I got home the bites had no ranch dressing, no onions and the bacon was a joke (bacon bits). They had forgotten the shrimp on the Combo meal, so I waited while they fixed them. When I got home the shrimp were half raw and the steak was tough. I do not plan to go to this place again unless they do a better job. I did call the manager on duty.

Original review: May 27, 2018

On May 26 my husband and I ate at the Chili's restaurant in Monroe, NC. We were seated fairly quickly and ordered our drinks (water and sweet tea) and an appetizer. Our waitress brought our drinks and took our food order. Our food actually arrived before our appetizer. She apologized and said "we're going to take care of that" which I took to mean maybe we wouldn't be charged for the appetizer, but we were. We were not given any napkins (we were eating burgers and fries). She didn't come back to check on us. We finally flagged someone down and asked for napkins, which we eventually got after a few more minutes.

Again, no one checked on us and my husband's tea glass was empty for several minutes while we tried to catch someone's eye to get a refill (meanwhile he kept shaking his glass and holding it out, hoping someone would see us). We finally were able to get a refill. We finished eating and had to wait several more minutes for the waitress to bring our bill. We never got a copy of the receipt so I couldn't complete their survey without store number and ticket number. The food was good but the wait staff all acted as if it was their first night. And it was not that busy.

Original review: May 21, 2018

On 5/19/2018 my wife and my daughter and her husband and 2 young children decided to eat our dinner at Chili's. We asked the young man at the front that we would need a highchair for the 3 year old and he said we couldn't have a highchair because of where we were sitting. And it was considered a fire risk. The only booth open to us was in the bar. He ran to the other waitresses and female manager and caused an attitude with them. The manager finally let us have the highchair and there was plenty of room for them to walk through.

Our food took longer to get to us We were cramped in the booth and our table was never cleaned of the dirty dishes. We were stacking the clean on the dirty dishes to have room to eat our meal. They said the table was too small so I guess they were showing us my daughter put the empty margarita mugs on the bar to get some room and the bartender acted upset. The manager said, "Oh I'm sorry." But had walk by many times and never offered to take anything out of the way. I did not leave a tip cause she did not act like she wanted one and no buddy wearing name tags not even the manager. I have the server name because it's on the bill (Summer). The manager was a short young lady. We have been here many times and never had a problem. Your employees need an attitude adjustment. We were treated badly.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I visited the Chili's on State Farm Parkway in Homewood Al on May 18 at 3: 00 pm. Upon arrival I walked in to the take out side of the restaurant, the manager was showing an employee something on the computer. No one acknowledge I was standing there, or greeted me, or even said one minute. I proceeded to look at the menu and asked the cashier about menu items. I asked her what came with the Triple Dipper. She told me she didn't know. I placed my order and came back to pick it up. When I arrived home I looked at my order and it wasn't​ prepared well at all. I ordered the rib eye meal with potatoes and broccoli. There was no broccoli. I ordered the quesadillas. They were overcooked. I ordered the Triple Dipper. It had no dipping sauces. Everything was wrong. Worst 44 dollars spent. I will never go to this location again.

Original review: May 5, 2018

My special needs daughter and myself went to this Chili's on Navarro St in Victoria Texas on Saturday, May 5, 2018. We walked in and a woman and young girl, around 9-10 were behind the counter. The woman took our name for the wait and the girl just stared at my daughter. We had to wait outside because the benches inside were full. Our 10 minute wait time went into 20 minutes. I went in and asked about our table, the woman said she called our name. I asked her if she bothered to check outside, she said she didn't think to do that. Really? You have enough seats for maybe 6 people and at least 10 of us were waiting, Where do you think we would be. Others were outside waiting as well.

She sat us in the bar area. After 10 minutes, our waitress named Rosa took our order. Waited 15 minutes for our food. Once the food came, we never saw Rosa again. She never checked back with us to see how our order was or to see if we needed anything else. I paid with the the self pay machine at the table, grabbed a to go box for my daughter's leftovers and left. How's that for customer service?? Will never go back to this place.

Original review: April 29, 2018

The fryers are down, but they still took the order and still took $30 off of my debit card. Now they are saying it is going to take at least 10 days to get my money back. Horrible service and obviously the employees don't know what they are doing.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I don't care for Chili's as the food is mediocre at best, I tend to get diarrhea from the food, and the service is not consistent. But, my son loves it, so I cave in now and then and go. The food and service was mediocre, as usual. I paid with my debit card on that little table top machine. Later that night my bank emailed me about 5 suspicious transactions on my account. Whoever got my debit card number wiped my bank account out. I didn't use my card any other place that day or the day before, so I have to assume the table top payment machine had a skimmer on it.

Fortunately, my bank is not holding me responsible for the charges and I will have my money back in my account in 5 business days. I called the manager of Chili's the next day to warn him about his tabletop payment machines. He refused to believe it could have been his machine. He said in the two years they have had those machines this has never happened. I can't prove that it happened at Chili's, but I don't know how else it could have happened. He thanked me for the warning, but I doubt he will do anything to help protect his customers. My son will just have to learn to live without Chili's.

Original review: April 2, 2018

Servers and kitchen need to be taught to treat persons with food allergies more responsibly. Came here with my 4 year old son, daughter and mother for my birthday. First thing I told waitress when ordering, "my son is allergic to milk and eggs". Well, one bite into his corn and his face, neck and arms were red and itching. Obviously, my son's allergies were not taken seriously and my 4 year old paid the consequence because his food came into cross contact with something. We were very lucky that a 911 call didn't have to be made THIS TIME, but not willing to chance it again.

Original review: April 1, 2018

I had no complaint about the service, the waitress and other staff were very nice. The food is bland and fair at best. There is not much selection on the menu. On our table, there was an electronic device that allows you to sign up to become a member, pay your bill and play games. While waiting for the food to arrive, I played a game. To my shock, they charge for this. I had no idea. Nothing was mentioned anywhere about there being a fee. I have seen little games at other places I had been to and there was never a fee. That was the final straw for me. I went there because someone gave me a gift card but as far as I am concerned, I won't be back.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Unfortunately the service at Chili's is inconsistent. I once a week ago and had a wonderful experience than this past Sunday. My daughter, mother and friend went and had a horrible experience. They went Sunday around 2 p.m. There was a female manager and a short waitress blonde hair who treated them terribly. The waitress overcharge them, double charge them, upcharge them without letting them know. When brought to her attention she made excuses and actually blamed them saying they probably touched something on the little kiosk that they keep on the tables. Instead of taking responsibility for her mistake and fixing it she had them wait there for an extensive amount of time and the manager didn't really seem to care. Very sad that the service is so inconsistent. This was the Chili's in Pennsylvania in the Tannersville area.

Chili's Grill & Bar Company Information