1.41/5
Based on 187 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

192 Chili's Grill & Bar Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

We decided to try Chili's Deptford, NJ again after years of not eating there... Bad move. Grilled chicken was literally burned and returned. Full rack of ribs were more dry than the Sahara desert. Years ago Chili's used to have pretty good ribs and food all around. My advice to you stay away.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I went to the Chili’s address 518 FM1960 Houston, Tx this afternoon. I was seated with immediately with no problem. The server took about 5 minutes to acknowledge me and get my drink order. Once she returned with my Tea I knew what my order was because I’m a frequent Chili's customer. I placed my food order along with my loaded baked potato soup appetizer and my chips and salsa and the waiting starts. About 5 minutes later I finished my first glass of Tea and I did get a quick refill, but still NO appetizer or my chips and salsa yet. About 15 minutes after that a different server brings out my food plate, still NO appetizer or chips and salsa. My next step was to pick up the little table gadget that I was logged into and pay for the order and answer the questions about your visit. Shortly after that the appetizer was brought by my server. Mind you my dinner was already on the table.

As I was getting ready to get up and exit after paying but not eating a bite of the food the manager walks up and ask me if I requested her to come over to my table. My response was NO because I truly didn’t ask for the manager nor did I say anything to any of the workers and to top it off still NO chips and salsa. To close it out since she was there I did tell her what had happen and I had paid and was leaving and I’m sure she could tell I was pissed off and hadn’t touched any of the food and still hadn’t received chips and salsa. As I was having the conversation with the manager the server was behind us waiting on another table which I was sitting back to back with the customers, so I know she could hear what I was saying to the manager and after she finished taking their order she never came over to explain to the manager or apologize for the mistakes that were made.

I didn’t get loud or very belligerent and I did leave a tip of $ .01 on the table. After I went out to my truck reached in the ashtray to find a penny just because a tiny tip gets thought about more than NO tip because the server knows it wasn’t a oh they forgot or maybe you left a tip on your credit card payment which is an option. Sorry for the long negative review, but I did it with detail so people can tell it’s real and as a business owner I like feedback when something wrong is done thru my business.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

It's been a while since I ordered Chicken tenders from Chili's. I recently ordered chicken tenders and I was shocked so much how they looked when I order them. They have changed their chicken tenders so much they are just little tiny things. They're not the real deal of chicken tenders. If you are ever in the mood for chicken tenders do not go to Chili's. They sucked. I will never go to Chili's again for chicken tenders and to tell you the truth I don't feel like going there again. I'm just not impressed with their food anymore. They have changed from good to bad.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

This is the second time we've received a small skimpy salad from Chili's. We have loved the quesadilla explosion salad for years, but recently it's become very small, with a small amount of wilted lettuce and an overabundance of sauce. We know this salad as we've been eating at Chili's for over ten years, but recently Chili's is skimping on the ingredients. This is very unfair for an 11 dollar salad. This has happened twice at two different locations. We are very disappointed: They are about to lose a very faithful group of customers.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Dinner of steak, mashed potatoes and coleslaw. Potatoes were slightly warm and the cheese "flakes" thrown across top of potatoes didn't even melt which indicates the potatoes were not hot. The steak was dry/tough. I will never go to this location again. The only reason I didn't complain/return food for fear someone would have sent back to me with spit or whatever they would have done to be mean. This place either needs a better cook or a manager who is concerned about customers returning. I didn't finish complete meal - it was disgusting. I didn't even want to carry home a doggy bag.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chili's Grill & Bar?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Again only picked one star because of not having the option of picking none. I posted my first review on 10/26/18 and this is the conclusion. I never did receive my so called 3.00 refund that I was informed would be receiving. They in fact never did request that refund, so not only are they dis-respectful to their customers they are also for a lack of better words are just right out liars. To clarify my first post I made the order online and her unknowingly picked it up and that's the reason for paying for it even if it wasn't the quoted price for the online order.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I went to Chili's in Elk Grove on Sunday, 11-18-18. Service was good, but the food was not. Caribbean Salad was weak, skimpy and not worth the $12 paid. It might have had 4 oz of meat and even the greens did not fill the plate. The chicken strips from the kids menu had 3 times the breading and hardly no meat. I also ordered the Southwestern Egg Rolls, they were okay. But on Monday my stomach was very upset and Chili's was the last thing I had eaten. $45 for two and one was a kids meal. Too bad.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

The chicken quesadilla had very little chicken and what there was was it dry and tough. Rest of the quesadilla consisted mainly of soggy shell. The black beans were served hot and were nicely spaced. The rice was bland and tasteless. Won’t go back to this or any Chili's restaurant for quite a while. Total waste of time and money.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Will never return to the Casa Grande AZ Chili's again. Placed an online order, total was 27.25. When the order was picked up, we had to wait 20 minutes past the time given. Was charged 3.00 over the quoted online price, food was cold and two items were missing from the order. When I called spoke to the general manager, was told I would receive a refund for the missing items, the difference in the order overcharged and extra for the mistake. Was at least expecting 10.00. Week past no refund, called and was told that a credit was submitted for 3.00 and would take up to 2 weeks to get it. Last time I ordered was three years ago, now know they haven't changed. Will now never go back to this Chili's and possibly any of them. If that's how they treat their customers I can spend my money just as well somewhere else. ONLY GAVE 1 STAR BECAUSE IT WASN'T AN OPTION TO PICK NONE.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

So just walked into a half empty Chili's and asked for a booth... Was told it would be a wait for a booth. They had 20+ open booths. We could only get a high top table. When we asked why there was a wait we were told it was an "inconvenience for a waiter to walk to another part of the restaurant". What??? We are talking about... literally like 10 feet. Where the hell did service go??? I would give 0 stars if I could. Not everyone is physically able to sit at a high top.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I arrived at Chili's at 6:09. Around 6:15 I was seated. I ordered the buffalo salad. My daughter ordered the ranchero chicken taco. After waiting until 7:00 with no food. I approached another server to request a bill for the beverages and to cancel my order. Just as a was returning to the table, Victoria, my server, arrives with the food. People who were seated after me was served and left by the time I received my order. I am a former waitress. I've had experience in the restaurant business. This was totally ridiculous. I was given a dessert for the wait but that will not make the situation better. I'm so disgusted that I have made the decision to take my business elsewhere. If I ever return to Chili's, it won't be at this location. I left at 7:27 with a take out box full of overcooked chicken on top of salad.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

Just went to Chili’s Harrisonburg Va and the worst experience ever. We won’t ever go back there! I went to the restroom and when I came back to go to my table I walked by the kitchen and a waitress getting ready to take food to a table had her hands in the food eating from the customers dish and didn’t think a thing about it and there were 2 other employees right next to her didn’t say a word. Gross!!! I called over the manager and he could care less. Must be a common practice for their employees to eat and take from the customers plates and eat their food prior to serving it.

My food was not done right so I brought it back. Our waiter Andrew (very rude and uneducated) could care less and never came back to check on us nor did the manager. So that is our last visit there EVER!!! If you would like a meal where all the employees dirty grubby disgusting hands have been in and they have eaten from your plate, and the service is the worst, not to mention the noncleanliness, Chili’s � Harrisonburg VA is the place to go!!!

Original review: June 17, 2018

I could not believe that on Saturday before Father's Day that this Chili's at ROSENBERG, TEXAS had no Ribs of any kind to fill orders. I ordered the Big Mouth Bites and the PICK 2 Make It A Combo (6oz steak & shrimp). The Big Mouth Bites were to have bacon, cheese, sautéed onions & ranch dressing. When I got home the bites had no ranch dressing, no onions and the bacon was a joke (bacon bits). They had forgotten the shrimp on the Combo meal, so I waited while they fixed them. When I got home the shrimp were half raw and the steak was tough. I do not plan to go to this place again unless they do a better job. I did call the manager on duty.

Original review: May 27, 2018

On May 26 my husband and I ate at the Chili's restaurant in Monroe, NC. We were seated fairly quickly and ordered our drinks (water and sweet tea) and an appetizer. Our waitress brought our drinks and took our food order. Our food actually arrived before our appetizer. She apologized and said "we're going to take care of that" which I took to mean maybe we wouldn't be charged for the appetizer, but we were. We were not given any napkins (we were eating burgers and fries). She didn't come back to check on us. We finally flagged someone down and asked for napkins, which we eventually got after a few more minutes.

Again, no one checked on us and my husband's tea glass was empty for several minutes while we tried to catch someone's eye to get a refill (meanwhile he kept shaking his glass and holding it out, hoping someone would see us). We finally were able to get a refill. We finished eating and had to wait several more minutes for the waitress to bring our bill. We never got a copy of the receipt so I couldn't complete their survey without store number and ticket number. The food was good but the wait staff all acted as if it was their first night. And it was not that busy.

Original review: May 21, 2018

On 5/19/2018 my wife and my daughter and her husband and 2 young children decided to eat our dinner at Chili's. We asked the young man at the front that we would need a highchair for the 3 year old and he said we couldn't have a highchair because of where we were sitting. And it was considered a fire risk. The only booth open to us was in the bar. He ran to the other waitresses and female manager and caused an attitude with them. The manager finally let us have the highchair and there was plenty of room for them to walk through.

Our food took longer to get to us We were cramped in the booth and our table was never cleaned of the dirty dishes. We were stacking the clean on the dirty dishes to have room to eat our meal. They said the table was too small so I guess they were showing us my daughter put the empty margarita mugs on the bar to get some room and the bartender acted upset. The manager said, "Oh I'm sorry." But had walk by many times and never offered to take anything out of the way. I did not leave a tip cause she did not act like she wanted one and no buddy wearing name tags not even the manager. I have the server name because it's on the bill (Summer). The manager was a short young lady. We have been here many times and never had a problem. Your employees need an attitude adjustment. We were treated badly.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I visited the Chili's on State Farm Parkway in Homewood Al on May 18 at 3: 00 pm. Upon arrival I walked in to the take out side of the restaurant, the manager was showing an employee something on the computer. No one acknowledge I was standing there, or greeted me, or even said one minute. I proceeded to look at the menu and asked the cashier about menu items. I asked her what came with the Triple Dipper. She told me she didn't know. I placed my order and came back to pick it up. When I arrived home I looked at my order and it wasn't​ prepared well at all. I ordered the rib eye meal with potatoes and broccoli. There was no broccoli. I ordered the quesadillas. They were overcooked. I ordered the Triple Dipper. It had no dipping sauces. Everything was wrong. Worst 44 dollars spent. I will never go to this location again.

Original review: May 5, 2018

My special needs daughter and myself went to this Chili's on Navarro St in Victoria Texas on Saturday, May 5, 2018. We walked in and a woman and young girl, around 9-10 were behind the counter. The woman took our name for the wait and the girl just stared at my daughter. We had to wait outside because the benches inside were full. Our 10 minute wait time went into 20 minutes. I went in and asked about our table, the woman said she called our name. I asked her if she bothered to check outside, she said she didn't think to do that. Really? You have enough seats for maybe 6 people and at least 10 of us were waiting, Where do you think we would be. Others were outside waiting as well.

She sat us in the bar area. After 10 minutes, our waitress named Rosa took our order. Waited 15 minutes for our food. Once the food came, we never saw Rosa again. She never checked back with us to see how our order was or to see if we needed anything else. I paid with the the self pay machine at the table, grabbed a to go box for my daughter's leftovers and left. How's that for customer service?? Will never go back to this place.

Original review: April 29, 2018

The fryers are down, but they still took the order and still took $30 off of my debit card. Now they are saying it is going to take at least 10 days to get my money back. Horrible service and obviously the employees don't know what they are doing.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I don't care for Chili's as the food is mediocre at best, I tend to get diarrhea from the food, and the service is not consistent. But, my son loves it, so I cave in now and then and go. The food and service was mediocre, as usual. I paid with my debit card on that little table top machine. Later that night my bank emailed me about 5 suspicious transactions on my account. Whoever got my debit card number wiped my bank account out. I didn't use my card any other place that day or the day before, so I have to assume the table top payment machine had a skimmer on it.

Fortunately, my bank is not holding me responsible for the charges and I will have my money back in my account in 5 business days. I called the manager of Chili's the next day to warn him about his tabletop payment machines. He refused to believe it could have been his machine. He said in the two years they have had those machines this has never happened. I can't prove that it happened at Chili's, but I don't know how else it could have happened. He thanked me for the warning, but I doubt he will do anything to help protect his customers. My son will just have to learn to live without Chili's.

Original review: April 2, 2018

Servers and kitchen need to be taught to treat persons with food allergies more responsibly. Came here with my 4 year old son, daughter and mother for my birthday. First thing I told waitress when ordering, "my son is allergic to milk and eggs". Well, one bite into his corn and his face, neck and arms were red and itching. Obviously, my son's allergies were not taken seriously and my 4 year old paid the consequence because his food came into cross contact with something. We were very lucky that a 911 call didn't have to be made THIS TIME, but not willing to chance it again.

Original review: April 1, 2018

I had no complaint about the service, the waitress and other staff were very nice. The food is bland and fair at best. There is not much selection on the menu. On our table, there was an electronic device that allows you to sign up to become a member, pay your bill and play games. While waiting for the food to arrive, I played a game. To my shock, they charge for this. I had no idea. Nothing was mentioned anywhere about there being a fee. I have seen little games at other places I had been to and there was never a fee. That was the final straw for me. I went there because someone gave me a gift card but as far as I am concerned, I won't be back.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Unfortunately the service at Chili's is inconsistent. I once a week ago and had a wonderful experience than this past Sunday. My daughter, mother and friend went and had a horrible experience. They went Sunday around 2 p.m. There was a female manager and a short waitress blonde hair who treated them terribly. The waitress overcharge them, double charge them, upcharge them without letting them know. When brought to her attention she made excuses and actually blamed them saying they probably touched something on the little kiosk that they keep on the tables. Instead of taking responsibility for her mistake and fixing it she had them wait there for an extensive amount of time and the manager didn't really seem to care. Very sad that the service is so inconsistent. This was the Chili's in Pennsylvania in the Tannersville area.

Original review: March 11, 2018

We had a decent dinner. Our check came to $40.01. We tried to use a $25 Visa gift card toward the bill. We were told it did not work. My husband handed the waitress 63.00 of which we received $20.00 change. We left a tip and left. Got home checked online and YES the $25 Visa did go thru. Drove back with a printout and we were given $40.01 back. Though the restaurant still kept the $25 from the Visa. NOT going back there for a while and we used to go often, I see below the order # we paid cash on 3/10/18 sitting on the bar side, do not have that info.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I went to Chili's (Diamond Bar, CA) last night with my son. I am already apprehensive about going there because the quality of the food and the service has gone way done in the past couple of years. We get seated and wait at least 5 or 10 minutes before our drinks even come out. We order and wait another good 20 - 25 minutes for the food. I ordered the sirloin steak, medium well. Well when I get it, it looks rather pale and almost as if it were boiled. No grill marks on it whatsoever. It didn't even look like a steak, it looked like a blob of putty on my plate. I go to cut into it and it is completely raw/rare. It starts to bleed all over my mashed potatoes and corn. I ate those right away and waited about 15 more minutes before my waitress ever came back to check on my food, by this time I am aggravated and grossed out. She finally comes over and I show her the steak and I tell her I can't eat it because it is way too bloody.

She takes it back to the kitchen, and she did ask me if I wanted a soup or salad while I waited but I declined. I just wanted my steak and to get out of there. It finally arrives about another 5 or 10 minutes later and they ask me to cut into it to see if it is cooked correctly. It was, but it was the toughest, rubberiest, chewiest steak I have ever eaten. I chewed certain pieces for what seemed like 2 or 3 minutes until I finally spit them out into my napkin. What a huge disappointment in the steak. And I've been disappointed by their steaks before so I kind of kick myself in the butt for even ordering them and trying to give them another chance. I don 't know what's going on with Chili's lately but my last 5 trips, at least, have been substandard. Seriously not going back anytime soon. Maybe ever.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

We were at Chili's Khalidiyah Mall last Friday 19th Jan 2018 and it was really a BAD experience. We asked for New York Steak and it came as if it is BOILED, no taste, no herbs, no salt. The mashed potato was as if it is the leftover collected. We asked for the sauce. They said, "You will need to pay for sauce!!" We asked for the standard steak sauce in bottle. They said, "Sorry not available." My husband went to the manager at the branch asking for money refund as we didn’t see any value and he didn’t eat his meal as the food was really awful, she said, "Sorry we can't. We can change only." Neither the waiter nor the manager cared about people's satisfaction and it is really bad to see the Quality of Chili's declining that way.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Chili's bar and Grill on Talmadge in Toledo Ohio - My family were there on Jan. 20th 2018. I had called the night before and told them a party of 17 and two highchairs and we would be there at 6:00. We were there at 5:35. They told me it would be a half hour wait. It turned out to be an hour and 10 minutes. Our food took an hour to come out! At least four people in my party did not like their food! It was dry and not good! One person in my party had to wait a half more to get his food! We did not get out of there until 9:15! I have had a party of 14 before and the food came out alright! We also did not have good service!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Chili’s used to be one of my favorite places to dine. In fact it’s been one of my top picks for the last 30 years. However, over the past two years the quality of the food, the taste, & the service has seriously declined. After my past two visits but especially this last visit, it has become clear that Chili’s no longer takes pride in their services nor their food. Dining out should feel like somewhat of a pleasant treat, one that you don’t mind spending your hard earned money to have an enjoyable experience.

To have some sort of pleasant service, or even just half way cordial, that you don’t have to literally “flag down” every time you need something, (for instance: a napkin, drink refill, chips to go with your queso, a take out box, the check, then help to correct the check due to being charged incorrectly & once again just to make payment) really isn’t too much to ask when I am paying $12+ for lettuce that is half wilted with rubbery, precooked, microwaved chicken that is drowning in dressing. It would’ve been a far better experience to have simply stayed home, cooked fresh food as well as provide my own service & all that for an exponentially lower cost. But I chose to dine out & pay the higher cost with the expectation of paying for decent food & service. Unfortunately for Chili’s, they are now on the same level as disgusting Applebee’s & have lost this life long patron.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

On this day December 16, 2017 I went for a visit at Chili's with my daughters to relax out and it was the worst experience ever. First of all when we arrived we were seated fast then the waiter was Bobby came to the table, introduced himself and asked if we were ready to order. We stated, “Give us a minute” but we ordered the drinks. He brought the drinks without the straws so we then asked him for the straws. He passed our table at least 4 times going other places for other customers and then next he brought our appetizers out which didn't bring our straws nor silverware out and then he said, “Huh I need to get silverware and straws?” We were just sitting there waiting all that time and then he came back with the stuff and few minutes later here he come with our meals which we were trying to finish the appetizers and the meal just sitting losing temperature.

We ate our food. He wasn't acting like he wanted to be bothered with us really. I almost just walked out of the place. I was so unhappy. Finally he came and we were ready to pay so I handed him my gift card and cash. Well I knew I last had 22.18 left on my card so she, he came back I asked him to see a receipt because I didn't feel the amount of change wasn't right so he mumbled again. Hmmm when he came back he said, “You had 11.08 on your card.” So my change was 2.12 which he still didn't leave the 12 cents which at that time I was feed up with him and the point of it all is that everything was just horrible. One thing after the other and I surely don't want to visit again just poor customer service and I am a Nutrition Manager and we serve the same way at our facility in course so I know the ropes that place need a major turnaround if the staff all work that way.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I tried Chili's for the first time with my daughter. We were sat next to a booth that was closed off with buckets beside it to catch water from a leaky roof... Nasty! We both order Fajitas and a appetizer. We requested the app have the guacamole removed, it was still put on there. Her meal came out first and was very charred and missing the pico from the beans. I had to wait 10 mins for mine. When mine finally arrived, there were no limes with it. The server suggested I use the limes from my drink, and I quote "take it from your drink" with a smile she said. This was the worst experience ever! I did speak with the manager Zack. He said he would speak with the server and apologized and offered to send Gift Cards to cover our next meal. Since he handled it so well we will give Chili's another try. I will also write another review as well with that experience.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

We are long time Chili's customers but the last few visits to our local Chili's here in town has been disappointing to the point that we will never go there again. The hostess was dirty and nasty looking. She dropped our menu on the filthy floor, next to restrooms, picked it up and placed it on our table. The salad was room temperature and wilted. The food we ordered gave us diarrhea the next day (for the 3rd time in a row). The place is just filthy so the food must be nasty also. This place needs a serious health inspection. Our server did a good job. But we are done with Chili's.

Chili's Grill & Bar Company Information