1.47/5
Based on 152 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Chili's Grill & Bar

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 4, 2017

157 Chili's Grill & Bar Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Don't know about any other Chili's, just wanted to share my experience at the Forney Chili's. I went the other night with my son and 3 grandsons and I ordered soup and salad. The waitress dropped off chips and salsa at our table and when my son said he didn't order that, she said it came with my meal. No, it didn't... There is an option to order chips, soup, and salad or only soup and salad... I ordered only soup and salad. The difference being almost $4. The waitress was gone before I could correct her. Then my son paid an extra dollar for onion rings (which he didn't get -- he got french fries).

When we got the check, I wanted to dispute the charges but my son was in a hurry so we just left. Won't be back to that location. There's so many options on places to eat that I probably won't go back to any Chili's again. I've been in the restaurant business (in many capacities -- even owning my own restaurant for 3 years) for most of my life and I'm surprised this place is even still in business.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

My wife and I went to Greensburg for some casual shopping and we stopped by Chili's for lunch. Our waitress was Ashley **. She was very friendly, made a few suggestions and made us feel right at home. She was so nice that we told the manager how we felt about our experience at this Chili's. The manager was very friendly also. Steaks were perfect! We ordered ours well done and no pink. Our steaks were moist and juicy, cooked to our request and tasted great! The potatoes and broccoli was very good too and I usually don't care for cooked broccoli. No desserts, we were too full.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Just a short note to say that I didn't like the chicken fajitas. I find it hard to believe that it was from a fresh chicken. The chicken meat appeared to be processed to a liquid and then reformed into something resembling chicken strips. It was awful. I could not eat my meal. It made me nauseous picturing liquid chicken in my mind. Chili's needs to find some real chicken. If I don't get a response from this, I won't be going back to Chili's anymore.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I like this chain because it has fair prices. The team members are great and they remember your name, etc. Good apps, however; the other items like the steaks are not the best when it comes to flavor and tenderness. Great drinks, specials, too.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I love going to Chili's. The menu selections change often enough to keep it from getting boring. There are low calorie meals as well as regular fare for others. Service is prompt and deals on food and drink are plenty.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chili's Grill & Bar?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Clean, immediate service, extensive menu, lunch menu specials, food served hot, refills before glass was empty, not rushed to pay check and outstanding waiter.

Original review: July 28, 2017

My husband and I went to Chili's in Citrus Heights, CA last night and not only did I not eat the dinner, I wouldn't even take it in a doggie bag. I ordered the Smokehouse Combo $17.99. The ribs were cooked days ago and just had bbq sauce poured all over the ribs, the chicken the same rubber with tons of bbq sauce to hide the food. My husband ordered a hamburger, he got a wet hamburger. It had oil dripping from the burger. We both said never again, the quality of the food is horrible.

Original review: June 23, 2017

My wife & I enjoyed a great late lunch at the Middletown NY location (late birthday lunch). We were so impressed with our server Rachel. She made sure my steak was cooked the way I liked it. Very friendly outgoing person... If I could give her 10 stars I would. I saw her take care of 4 tables so fast, and without anyone complaining. I eat out a lot and normally don't see this kind of great service.

Original review: May 7, 2017

I go to Chili's all the time & I shouldn't because their bathrooms are disgusting at University City Blvd & Independence Blvd in Charlotte, NC. Last night my visit was crazy because I talked to the manager about turning on the caption on the tv. He said that they aren't doing that anymore because it's not a good look. WTF! My boyfriend is deaf & he wanted to see what they were saying about the game. Me as a hearing person wanted to see what it was saying too. With the music loud & people talking, I couldn't hear it either. This is just wrong, HELLO people are deaf!!! I'd give this rating a negative 1000 if I could.

Original review: May 5, 2017

I go just about every week to dine at Chili’s. Last week I wanted to use my coupon for an appetizer. They told me that didn't have any cheese so needless to say I did not get my appetizer. Next I placed an entree that was suppose to have broccoli, I like broccoli. Well didn't have it. I was ready to walk out but my whole family was there. I settled for something else I had not intent to order plus they didn't say they would substitute my appetizer. There have been times when they are out of this or out of that. I really like dining at Chili’s but presently I am very dissatisfied.

Original review: April 7, 2017

My husb., daughter and granddaughter and I went to the Chili's Rest. in Birmingham last night for, what we thought, would be a nice dinner. When my and my husb.'s dinner arrived, it was cold and he had asked for very rare steak, and got medium well. It was so tough, that he couldn't eat it. We had almost finished eating our meal, and our daughter and granddaughter still had not received their chicken strips. We enjoy eating at the Chili's in Dothan, Al. where we get what we ask for and it is hot and flavorful. And we all eat at the same time. We will not go back to this establishment again. I put a bad review on their game box at the tables where you can pay for the meal, so it should be there for the viewing.

Original review: April 3, 2017

I will never go back to Chili's, they took my boyfriend's credit card information and took 250.00 from his bank account. This was done there. Credit card was not used anywhere else, this is absolutely unprofessional, bunch of thieves!!! I will never spend a dime at this horrible place.

Original review: March 12, 2017

I visited Chili's for the last time tonight and will not return. They had an advertised drink that I tried to order, I have never been told that I had to sit in a special place to order a drink. They will never get another nickel from me ever. Very deceiving in-store advertising as I would not want my children in the bar area!!!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

Great customer service - My family and I go out to eat at least 8 times a week and has never ate at Chilli's. Our server Yolanda made our experience the best we've ever had, felt like we had known her for years. She was a pleasure and awesome food and prices.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

We ordered the 3 for $10. First we got the salads and chips. It was good. Then we finally got the burgers. I started to cut and half of it was raw. Then I made my daughter cut hers in half and it was raw too.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

I went to the Chili's in Macedonia and had THE worst experience ever!!! This was my very first visit and I only went due to my boss telling me she'd gone there with her family and she told me how good the food was. I went on a Friday night, in which I expected to be busy. My waitress seemed to be ok until I asked to change my order, which was seconds from her leaving my table to place the order. She seemed annoyed that I wanted to change my order and told me that she'd already placed my order as if nothing could be done further. When I told her that I just wanted nothing at all, she asked would I like for her to get her manager, and I agreed to let her do so.

The manager approached my table with a heavy sigh and rolled her eyes as if she couldn't bare to deal with me. She asked if I would like to change my order and asked what I would like instead, still appearing to be annoyed and then before I could get another word out, she walked away from my table only to never return. To make matters worse my waitress was switched to a completely different waitress, but this one was a lot nicer. I never did eat my food because I was so angry about my service thus far. I opened the take out box the next day and warmed up my food only to find that the shrimp wasn't cooked completely (had the chicken, shrimp, steak fajitas). Needless to say, I will never ever go back there again and I would not recommend that anyone else go.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

My family went to the Chili's in "Buena Park" tonight. Very disappointed! For starters the restrooms were disgusting. All the other family members ordered the dinners that included the "Maltin Cakes" for that reason. Well when it was that time to bring them out, guess what suddenly they are out of them. Offered a scoop of ice cream instead. Wow. To top it off the "Manager" came to get the tickets for us to pay. She comes back with cards, receipts to sign and she had charged my card for my sister and brother in law's dinner (which was double) of mine. And they had paid cash for theirs and was given their change. We will never ever go to that location again!!! Always check your receipts before leaving!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

Chili's raises my blood pressure. I went there with a group, and they squished us in so badly, that the person on my left rubbed my shoulder raw with his, and the person on my right had his elbow in my boob. There was no place for the ladies to put their purses. They charge for their pub food as if it's high quality. The burgers are hardened saw dust. They refuse to not over-cook their meat, and I would wager the cooks are too stupid and impatient to prepare a medium-rare steak. Waiters rush around as if frightened. The noise level hurt. Instead of talking, people screamed at each other.

Two babies were wailing, and of course, the parents were oblivious. Only kids would like this place, and parents who let their kids rule succumb and give this chaotic place their business. Thus, the uncontrolled kids and wailing babies. I wanted this to end, but I was forced to suffer for a full 30 minutes from the time we gave our order until the food came. Then they got our bill wrong. But of course they did... who can think in this helter-skelter place? Grand Central is more calm. Get me OUT of here!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

Booth location was very poor for party of 7. When waitress brought food she passed hot plate from one end of long booth to the other by handing a hot metal plate to a 7 yr old child...saying "Pass this on. Watch out it is hot." Let me note the booth was open and accessible at both ends. The service was very poor, the food was cold and our order was incorrect. Our checks were also incorrect but it took so long to try to straighten out we just paid and left. Never again will we go to any Chili's especially the one in Bossier City, Louisiana.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

First I would like to said that is my first time ever writing a complaint about anything but then also I have never being treated in that manner before. I dined almost every weekend at the location in Kendall and I understand is a very busy location but still like it. Or at least until two days ago, when after waiting over 45 minutes sitting in a table without been offered at least a glass of water. Nobody came to our table not once to acknowledge we were there. I spoke to one of the hostess about it and I guess she pass the message to whoever the waitress was. In another 15 minutes my husband decided to go outside for a smoke when at the same time a young women (waitress) approach to my table (where I was still sitting with my son) upset and ask me if I was leaving or staying. No apologies, no introduction, nothing.

When I explain to her what's been happening, she just told me there were only two of them working that area. I told her that they should at least make people aware of the waiting, she just reply again if I was leaving or staying. At this point I was so upset that I requested to speak to a manager. And even though the manager apologized and offered to take our order I couldn't stay any longer. I understand the pressure the waitresses have but you can never lose your customer services touch, especially when the tip depends on it. That girl was rude, even other customers sitting around us couldn't believe how rude she was. For sure I won't be going anytime soon to at least this location.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

Bartender is mad at the world. Talks about "tips" at the bar. No education of products for sale. But most of all. Gerry unhappy bartender. 2 times in a row. With a purchase from me over $70. How sad. Never will return.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

We were treated Horrible. There was only one other family behind us with small kids. Other than that there was no one in dining area just some rowdy drunks in the bar. We were seated quickly. It took the waitress over 10 minutes to come to our table to greet us, by then we had already decided what we were going to eat and were afraid if she left she was going to wait another 10 minutes to come back. We ordered a burger, 6 oz steak and quesadilla. Well it happened another 10 minutes for us to get our soda. We waited another 40 min to get our food, in the meantime we had NO interaction with the waitress at all. After 40 minutes of waiting the steak and burger came out first. I took my daughter's plate to cut her steak and noticed that there was a huge piece of plastic cooked into it. Not just stuck, melted to it.

My fiance took a bite of his burger and it was RAW still cold inside. We then waited another 10 minutes. I still had not gotten my quesadilla yet when I asked another waitress to speak with a manager, she brushed it off like it was nothing, rolled eyes, said she would comp it and swept us out the door like garbage. This used to be my favorite place to eat. After this I'm not sure.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

We came on a not very busy night, but service was HORRIBLE! We got our meals and my steak was very overcooked (very hard to chew) then she never asked me if she could get me a refill... so I ate the majority of my meal thirsty. Overall service was horrific???

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

Me and my husband went to Chili's for dinner. Our food was not even finished 2 person came and asked for check should be paid. We were there not more than 30 minutes and after that we got back to home and I have my stomach hurting and feeling throwing up. The food was overpriced and I don't find it tasty at all. And I am not feeling well. I don't like the result at all.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

The food was just okay, it should be off the hook for the price. Anyway got home, went to bed, then my son started throwing up what he had ate, then just a few minutes later I threw up. Stayed sick all night long and still sick today. Will never, ever go back.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

Our new Chile's in Dawsonville, Georgia -- we went for lunch, opening week. Sat at bar. I got coffee-lukewarm. Was never offered any refills--I could have asked but decided to keep quiet and see if the service would improve. Next to me, my husband was getting regularly offers for refills on his soda. The food finally arrived after a long time--especially considering the hurried lunch crowd. I chalked up the lousy service to opening FUBAR's. But we went there for dinner last night, sat at the bar, and the same thing happened again. My husband was asked repeatedly if he wanted another beer, more water, etc. while I nursed (tiny) glasses of wine and had to resort to having Husband order refills in order to get noticed. The food was very slow. After I ripped the bartenders a new one and walked out, the last part of my husband's dinner arrived as he was paying the bill and asking to see a manager.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2016

I have not been to a Chili's in years. When we went on Friday night, October 30, 2016 we were astonished to see NO prices on menus for drinks. We asked to server what the price of drinks were. We Were told "I am not sure, but they are about $2.50 each with free refills; we ordered drinks. The price of the food ordered was BOLDLY written in the one menu at $13.98 "with your choice of 2 extras". The other menu stated the same meal at $14.98 with two extras. Then when you look very close only 2 extras are shown as no charge, the others in very small print are extra.

The one no charge extra was one (1) small spoon of rice, one bite. The meal sucked!!! It was a very large mountain of cooked onions with a very small portion, a few bites, of meat, etc. We ate the "meat" and the plate was still full of onions... What a scam, a total rip off. Then we got the bill!!! $3.02 per drink, ice tea... Which was horrible!!! NOT $2.50... they are obviously charging for additional refills but just do not want to tell you. In all of my years of going to Chili's I never saw them this way. They are sooo bad. WE will never go back for any reason and suggest that no one else does. THE WORST.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2016

Dining last night with five of my sisters at Chili's LBJ#25. Sat at my table for 15 mins without a server coming to the table. Ask for manager. Manager came drop off queso and chips and left. Sent the bartender over to help (Michael). WaIted 30 min for a glass of water. Finally took our order. Brought the food. No napkins. Had to get up and get our napkins. Finish eating. Still waiting for the manager. Never came. Waiting another 15 min for check. SORRY SORRY SORRY SERVICE!!!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2016

My family and I went to Chili's for lunch (not crowded). We waited 10 minutes before being noticed. The waitress was doing everything such as seating customers, waiting on tables, cleaning tables, and checking customers out. We waited a while before we got our 2 burgers, chili and salad. The food was cold and disgusting. There was no meat in the chili. It tasted like chili from a can. It was sauce and cheese. The fries tasted old. It was a waste of my hard earned money. The waitress was very nice and doing the job of 4 people. I do not blame her. The food was terrible and I will NEVER go to any Chili's Restaurants. Where was the manager?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2016

My wife, daughter and myself went to Chili's in Kerrville Tx last night 10/15/16. We used the app to check in which was a joke. After sitting at the bar for 30 minutes my daughter decided to check with the hostess who replied, "Oh you're next." After being seated we ordered drinks (nonalcoholic). We waited and waited for the server to take our order. When we placed it we waited and waited again. I finally flagged down a server and asked for our waitress he asked if he could help and I told him my wife would like her salad. We again waited and waited while people who Sat after us were served and leaving. Meanwhile no food for us. Very simple order, burger, country fried steak and tripler. I then asked for the manager and she told us she knew we were there for a while and that the server hadn't pushed her send button.

When our food was brought to us the manager said the meal was on the house for the inconvenience we endured. This was not expected but was appreciated until we started eating. My food was cold and the burger was cooked beyond being edible. My wife's country fried steak was as burnt as bad as my burger. However my daughter's food was good. I've been a Chili's customer for well over 30 years and never have I experienced the poor overall food and service. Don't care to go back for a while. And may I say for a Saturday night this restaurant was about fifty percent of capacity.

Chili's Grill & Bar Company Information