2. Shopping
  3. Chain Restaurants

3.5/5 (227 ratings)

About Chili's Grill & Bar

Chili's Grill & Bar Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chili's Grill & Bar?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chili's Grill & Bar?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

Ordered steak and chicken fajita combo. The chicken was like a wet sponge in my mouth. The portion was very small for the beef, chicken, and only about 3 tablespoons of rice. Very poor for the 18 dollar price.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I used to like Chili's a lot but they've gone way down over the years. My favorite dish was the cajun pasta with chicken. The last few times I ordered this dish, it was not good... One time there was so much spice that I couldn't even eat it; I tried to choke it down but it was not happening. I never send dishes back to the kitchen but this time I did. And every time it came out cold. On my latest visit, I ordered the buffalo chicken ranch sandwich. I did get this minus the ranch. I assumed it would be a normal buffalo chicken sandwich, but it was just a fried, flavorless piece of chicken with a drop of buffalo sauce on the top, and the chicken was smaller than the bun and way overcooked. Not good, no flavor... Could've gotten a better chicken sandwich from McD's. Needless to say, I won't be returning to Chili's again. The waitress (I believe her name was Jenna) was very nice and helpful. She gets 5 stars.

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 2, 2021

I purchased food for Father’s Day and it was totally cold and wrong. I called the Manager and he offered a full $68 refund. I said I felt bad and I would take a gift card or credit instead. He said ok it’s going to take a few days to be in your Chili’s account. After 12 days and nothing, I spoke with another Manager and he said they don’t issue credit and nothing he could do. He hung up on me and would not come to the phone again. What a terrible way to treat customers!!!

Original review: May 30, 2021

I have been coming to the 34710 North Valley Phoenix 85086 location for 11 years and almost daily for the last year and will not be back. All of the bartenders are great except for Jeanine. She has been rude time and time again and has even threatened to smack me for innocent jokes that bartenders should not be offended to. All of the regulars will not come in on Tuesday night when she is bartending due to her attitude and being rude. Please put a different bartender on for Tuesday, Thank You. I have overheard the workers say jokes to each other and even joke with me and I have never took offense to any of it.

On Friday night, Jeanine's daughter Kate that also works there overheard me say a joke to the guy next to me which was "The surfers in Hawaii remind me of myself. They hang 10." Her daughter is older 25-30, she went back and told her mom what she heard and Jeanine came out screaming at me in front of customers and then a couple minutes later came back out again saying, "You are going to apologize to my daughter." For one my voice does not travel and I am surprised she heard it, it was not offensive and this is a BAR! I will not quit filing complaints with corporate and the BBB until she has either been taken out of the bar area or she has lost her job completely. Not only did she threaten me but also embarrassed me in front of other customers by yelling.

UPDATE: I called and spoke to the manager Amy to let her know my concern and she said, "I don't blame her for saying she would smack you and as for the incident Friday night I am sure there is a lot more to it than that.." "Really Amy, do you not realize the guy that I said the joke to is a rights attorney, he would make a great witness" and then she said, "Maybe you should go to a different bar from now on." It is nice to know that Chili's promotes both verbal and physical assaults on their customers.

Original review: May 9, 2021

Got seated and a 30 minute wait with several waitresses and waiters walking past my table. Asked several times for service and they failed for another 15 minutes. 45 minute wait just to get drink. Not acceptable. Will not go back!

Original review: March 9, 2021

Tonight, March 8 at around 5 PM I traveled over 30 miles to have dinner at chili's in Smyrna. Yes, I was excited because it had been over 5 months since I had the beef fa·ji·tas with all the trimmings. I was specific as to how I wanted them cooked, rare as they hit my plate and with soup. Well the soup was too spicy so I had to send it back. Some time later the dinner arrived and they were very well done, the opposite of what I ordered. Not only were they cooked wrong, but the texture of the beef was worse than leather. So I traveled over 60 miles RT for a wasted dinner. I left and just chalked it up to never return. Now that I look at all the negative remarks, I am convinced that the Mgt does not care how the customers are treated. I will post this wherever I think it will do the most good for other potential customers.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

Forgot to bring out my appetizer out. Then the food came out REFRIGERATOR cold. Not cool but ice cold. I complained to the waitress and asked to tell the manager. The reply was she told the manager and nothing can be done. She will not change the bill. We were not even given an apology or even a dessert for all the time this took and left angry with the full bill. My witness was the waitress. Terrible meal!!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

On today I visited the Tupelo Ms. location store#899. My server was Shue. It was a party of 3. My son and his girlfriend and child was also with us. Making it a total party of six however they were not on my ticket. I think 20002 was my order number. Once I got my food it was not good at all. The tea was watered down on bot my daughter and myself. My wife asked that no salt be on her fries. Her fries had salt and they were cold. I was suppose to have onion petals but I ended up with fries too that were cold. We had to ask for eating utensils which was acceptable. Customer service was acceptable. The overall visit was not good. My ticket was $58.59. I left a $10 tip which was the right thing to do. Not sure what was going on in the kitchen but they were not preparing the food as they should.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

Chili's has for years been sending me text messages for free items, yet they never honor the rewards or coupons. This began for me in 2016 and has continued into 2020. The last 3 takeout orders we have done, for example were supposed to come with a free kid's meal or a free dessert. NOTHING. So each time I go to redeem, it says I will get an email from them on how to redeem rewards, but the email never arrives. I have contacted them recently about this and they said they "know it's an issue" and are "working" on it. Meanwhile, I still get DAILY texts messages with coupons and free items, and it never works.

I have reported this as a SCAM to the FTC and you should run as far away from this corporation as possible. If you care about someone, don't let them eat at Chili's. Customer since whenever Chili's landed in Colorado. No longer a customer after this experience. You can't tell me a multinational corporation can't get their rewards program figured out, FOR YEARS NOW, yet they still send the predatory texts which and never honor the rewards or coupons. Bih, bye!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

Walked in, took a seat in the bar area and found a menu card with a couple appetizers and a couple expensive and unfamiliar entrees. Asked for a menu and nope. "We don’t have menus, scan the code." I have an android so mine didn’t magically open the website, my daughter’s did bc she had her iPhone and the camera automatically pops up a link to open the Chili’s menu website. Then click the chili pepper and it will open a wall of text. All written in some boring font and lists of menu items...I need pictures...really, I don’t know which “tab” I want to order from yet. It feels like the selection is narrowed to their more expensive options. The suggestions for what to order and the photos shown were for the high dollar entrees. Can I just order the nachos, what tab are they under? Are they still on the menu?

I felt like I had to download a qr scanner app, then it wouldn’t open on the browser because Chili’s blocks my cell bars (always has), then we all just laughed because my phone was “slow”, def not the case...idk I’m not happy. Didn’t even see the buffalo chicken sandwich or the soup and salad option. But I felt like five minutes was too long to download an app, wait to load menu then scroll thru tabs of text to see if stuff was even still on the menu, so I just ordered. Food was great as usual but wow. This is silly. Next step, order online when at the table? Bar? No, we go out for service and for real offline life. It was a whole lot of, "No. Sorry. We don’t have that and can’t do that, everything’s changed, don’t you know." Also, soon to be cashless.

I can’t imagine what people who cannot read (this forces them to ask for a picture menu when before, they could just see a lot of it) or older or inexperienced folks with no smart phones are feeling. Chili’s, go back, this is too much. We left full and the server was great, it’s Chili’s that turned us off today. We won’t be back until we can head inside and forget our phones exist. And I better go buy an iPhone...no, we just won’t be back. At least offer menus to people who don’t want to use phones. Shame.

Chili's Grill & Bar Company Information