1.41/5
Based on 30 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

180 Chili's Grill & Bar Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 17, 2018

I could not believe that on Saturday before Father's Day that this Chili's at ROSENBERG, TEXAS had no Ribs of any kind to fill orders. I ordered the Big Mouth Bites and the PICK 2 Make It A Combo (6oz steak & shrimp). The Big Mouth Bites were to have bacon, cheese, sautéed onions & ranch dressing. When I got home the bites had no ranch dressing, no onions and the bacon was a joke (bacon bits). They had forgotten the shrimp on the Combo meal, so I waited while they fixed them. When I got home the shrimp were half raw and the steak was tough. I do not plan to go to this place again unless they do a better job. I did call the manager on duty.

Original review: May 27, 2018

On May 26 my husband and I ate at the Chili's restaurant in Monroe, NC. We were seated fairly quickly and ordered our drinks (water and sweet tea) and an appetizer. Our waitress brought our drinks and took our food order. Our food actually arrived before our appetizer. She apologized and said "we're going to take care of that" which I took to mean maybe we wouldn't be charged for the appetizer, but we were. We were not given any napkins (we were eating burgers and fries). She didn't come back to check on us. We finally flagged someone down and asked for napkins, which we eventually got after a few more minutes.

Again, no one checked on us and my husband's tea glass was empty for several minutes while we tried to catch someone's eye to get a refill (meanwhile he kept shaking his glass and holding it out, hoping someone would see us). We finally were able to get a refill. We finished eating and had to wait several more minutes for the waitress to bring our bill. We never got a copy of the receipt so I couldn't complete their survey without store number and ticket number. The food was good but the wait staff all acted as if it was their first night. And it was not that busy.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: May 21, 2018

On 5/19/2018 my wife and my daughter and her husband and 2 young children decided to eat our dinner at Chili's. We asked the young man at the front that we would need a highchair for the 3 year old and he said we couldn't have a highchair because of where we were sitting. And it was considered a fire risk. The only booth open to us was in the bar. He ran to the other waitresses and female manager and caused an attitude with them. The manager finally let us have the highchair and there was plenty of room for them to walk through.

Our food took longer to get to us We were cramped in the booth and our table was never cleaned of the dirty dishes. We were stacking the clean on the dirty dishes to have room to eat our meal. They said the table was too small so I guess they were showing us my daughter put the empty margarita mugs on the bar to get some room and the bartender acted upset. The manager said, "Oh I'm sorry." But had walk by many times and never offered to take anything out of the way. I did not leave a tip cause she did not act like she wanted one and no buddy wearing name tags not even the manager. I have the server name because it's on the bill (Summer). The manager was a short young lady. We have been here many times and never had a problem. Your employees need an attitude adjustment. We were treated badly.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I visited the Chili's on State Farm Parkway in Homewood Al on May 18 at 3: 00 pm. Upon arrival I walked in to the take out side of the restaurant, the manager was showing an employee something on the computer. No one acknowledge I was standing there, or greeted me, or even said one minute. I proceeded to look at the menu and asked the cashier about menu items. I asked her what came with the Triple Dipper. She told me she didn't know. I placed my order and came back to pick it up. When I arrived home I looked at my order and it wasn't​ prepared well at all. I ordered the rib eye meal with potatoes and broccoli. There was no broccoli. I ordered the quesadillas. They were overcooked. I ordered the Triple Dipper. It had no dipping sauces. Everything was wrong. Worst 44 dollars spent. I will never go to this location again.

Original review: May 5, 2018

My special needs daughter and myself went to this Chili's on Navarro St in Victoria Texas on Saturday, May 5, 2018. We walked in and a woman and young girl, around 9-10 were behind the counter. The woman took our name for the wait and the girl just stared at my daughter. We had to wait outside because the benches inside were full. Our 10 minute wait time went into 20 minutes. I went in and asked about our table, the woman said she called our name. I asked her if she bothered to check outside, she said she didn't think to do that. Really? You have enough seats for maybe 6 people and at least 10 of us were waiting, Where do you think we would be. Others were outside waiting as well.

She sat us in the bar area. After 10 minutes, our waitress named Rosa took our order. Waited 15 minutes for our food. Once the food came, we never saw Rosa again. She never checked back with us to see how our order was or to see if we needed anything else. I paid with the the self pay machine at the table, grabbed a to go box for my daughter's leftovers and left. How's that for customer service?? Will never go back to this place.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chili's Grill & Bar?

Original review: April 29, 2018

The fryers are down, but they still took the order and still took $30 off of my debit card. Now they are saying it is going to take at least 10 days to get my money back. Horrible service and obviously the employees don't know what they are doing.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I don't care for Chili's as the food is mediocre at best, I tend to get diarrhea from the food, and the service is not consistent. But, my son loves it, so I cave in now and then and go. The food and service was mediocre, as usual. I paid with my debit card on that little table top machine. Later that night my bank emailed me about 5 suspicious transactions on my account. Whoever got my debit card number wiped my bank account out. I didn't use my card any other place that day or the day before, so I have to assume the table top payment machine had a skimmer on it.

Fortunately, my bank is not holding me responsible for the charges and I will have my money back in my account in 5 business days. I called the manager of Chili's the next day to warn him about his tabletop payment machines. He refused to believe it could have been his machine. He said in the two years they have had those machines this has never happened. I can't prove that it happened at Chili's, but I don't know how else it could have happened. He thanked me for the warning, but I doubt he will do anything to help protect his customers. My son will just have to learn to live without Chili's.

Original review: April 2, 2018

Servers and kitchen need to be taught to treat persons with food allergies more responsibly. Came here with my 4 year old son, daughter and mother for my birthday. First thing I told waitress when ordering, "my son is allergic to milk and eggs". Well, one bite into his corn and his face, neck and arms were red and itching. Obviously, my son's allergies were not taken seriously and my 4 year old paid the consequence because his food came into cross contact with something. We were very lucky that a 911 call didn't have to be made THIS TIME, but not willing to chance it again.

Original review: April 1, 2018

I had no complaint about the service, the waitress and other staff were very nice. The food is bland and fair at best. There is not much selection on the menu. On our table, there was an electronic device that allows you to sign up to become a member, pay your bill and play games. While waiting for the food to arrive, I played a game. To my shock, they charge for this. I had no idea. Nothing was mentioned anywhere about there being a fee. I have seen little games at other places I had been to and there was never a fee. That was the final straw for me. I went there because someone gave me a gift card but as far as I am concerned, I won't be back.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Unfortunately the service at Chili's is inconsistent. I once a week ago and had a wonderful experience than this past Sunday. My daughter, mother and friend went and had a horrible experience. They went Sunday around 2 p.m. There was a female manager and a short waitress blonde hair who treated them terribly. The waitress overcharge them, double charge them, upcharge them without letting them know. When brought to her attention she made excuses and actually blamed them saying they probably touched something on the little kiosk that they keep on the tables. Instead of taking responsibility for her mistake and fixing it she had them wait there for an extensive amount of time and the manager didn't really seem to care. Very sad that the service is so inconsistent. This was the Chili's in Pennsylvania in the Tannersville area.

Original review: March 11, 2018

We had a decent dinner. Our check came to $40.01. We tried to use a $25 Visa gift card toward the bill. We were told it did not work. My husband handed the waitress 63.00 of which we received $20.00 change. We left a tip and left. Got home checked online and YES the $25 Visa did go thru. Drove back with a printout and we were given $40.01 back. Though the restaurant still kept the $25 from the Visa. NOT going back there for a while and we used to go often, I see below the order # we paid cash on 3/10/18 sitting on the bar side, do not have that info.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I went to Chili's (Diamond Bar, CA) last night with my son. I am already apprehensive about going there because the quality of the food and the service has gone way done in the past couple of years. We get seated and wait at least 5 or 10 minutes before our drinks even come out. We order and wait another good 20 - 25 minutes for the food. I ordered the sirloin steak, medium well. Well when I get it, it looks rather pale and almost as if it were boiled. No grill marks on it whatsoever. It didn't even look like a steak, it looked like a blob of putty on my plate. I go to cut into it and it is completely raw/rare. It starts to bleed all over my mashed potatoes and corn. I ate those right away and waited about 15 more minutes before my waitress ever came back to check on my food, by this time I am aggravated and grossed out. She finally comes over and I show her the steak and I tell her I can't eat it because it is way too bloody.

She takes it back to the kitchen, and she did ask me if I wanted a soup or salad while I waited but I declined. I just wanted my steak and to get out of there. It finally arrives about another 5 or 10 minutes later and they ask me to cut into it to see if it is cooked correctly. It was, but it was the toughest, rubberiest, chewiest steak I have ever eaten. I chewed certain pieces for what seemed like 2 or 3 minutes until I finally spit them out into my napkin. What a huge disappointment in the steak. And I've been disappointed by their steaks before so I kind of kick myself in the butt for even ordering them and trying to give them another chance. I don 't know what's going on with Chili's lately but my last 5 trips, at least, have been substandard. Seriously not going back anytime soon. Maybe ever.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

We were at Chili's Khalidiyah Mall last Friday 19th Jan 2018 and it was really a BAD experience. We asked for New York Steak and it came as if it is BOILED, no taste, no herbs, no salt. The mashed potato was as if it is the leftover collected. We asked for the sauce. They said, "You will need to pay for sauce!!" We asked for the standard steak sauce in bottle. They said, "Sorry not available." My husband went to the manager at the branch asking for money refund as we didn’t see any value and he didn’t eat his meal as the food was really awful, she said, "Sorry we can't. We can change only." Neither the waiter nor the manager cared about people's satisfaction and it is really bad to see the Quality of Chili's declining that way.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Chili's bar and Grill on Talmadge in Toledo Ohio - My family were there on Jan. 20th 2018. I had called the night before and told them a party of 17 and two highchairs and we would be there at 6:00. We were there at 5:35. They told me it would be a half hour wait. It turned out to be an hour and 10 minutes. Our food took an hour to come out! At least four people in my party did not like their food! It was dry and not good! One person in my party had to wait a half more to get his food! We did not get out of there until 9:15! I have had a party of 14 before and the food came out alright! We also did not have good service!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Chili’s used to be one of my favorite places to dine. In fact it’s been one of my top picks for the last 30 years. However, over the past two years the quality of the food, the taste, & the service has seriously declined. After my past two visits but especially this last visit, it has become clear that Chili’s no longer takes pride in their services nor their food. Dining out should feel like somewhat of a pleasant treat, one that you don’t mind spending your hard earned money to have an enjoyable experience.

To have some sort of pleasant service, or even just half way cordial, that you don’t have to literally “flag down” every time you need something, (for instance: a napkin, drink refill, chips to go with your queso, a take out box, the check, then help to correct the check due to being charged incorrectly & once again just to make payment) really isn’t too much to ask when I am paying $12+ for lettuce that is half wilted with rubbery, precooked, microwaved chicken that is drowning in dressing. It would’ve been a far better experience to have simply stayed home, cooked fresh food as well as provide my own service & all that for an exponentially lower cost. But I chose to dine out & pay the higher cost with the expectation of paying for decent food & service. Unfortunately for Chili’s, they are now on the same level as disgusting Applebee’s & have lost this life long patron.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

On this day December 16, 2017 I went for a visit at Chili's with my daughters to relax out and it was the worst experience ever. First of all when we arrived we were seated fast then the waiter was Bobby came to the table, introduced himself and asked if we were ready to order. We stated, “Give us a minute” but we ordered the drinks. He brought the drinks without the straws so we then asked him for the straws. He passed our table at least 4 times going other places for other customers and then next he brought our appetizers out which didn't bring our straws nor silverware out and then he said, “Huh I need to get silverware and straws?” We were just sitting there waiting all that time and then he came back with the stuff and few minutes later here he come with our meals which we were trying to finish the appetizers and the meal just sitting losing temperature.

We ate our food. He wasn't acting like he wanted to be bothered with us really. I almost just walked out of the place. I was so unhappy. Finally he came and we were ready to pay so I handed him my gift card and cash. Well I knew I last had 22.18 left on my card so she, he came back I asked him to see a receipt because I didn't feel the amount of change wasn't right so he mumbled again. Hmmm when he came back he said, “You had 11.08 on your card.” So my change was 2.12 which he still didn't leave the 12 cents which at that time I was feed up with him and the point of it all is that everything was just horrible. One thing after the other and I surely don't want to visit again just poor customer service and I am a Nutrition Manager and we serve the same way at our facility in course so I know the ropes that place need a major turnaround if the staff all work that way.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I tried Chili's for the first time with my daughter. We were sat next to a booth that was closed off with buckets beside it to catch water from a leaky roof... Nasty! We both order Fajitas and a appetizer. We requested the app have the guacamole removed, it was still put on there. Her meal came out first and was very charred and missing the pico from the beans. I had to wait 10 mins for mine. When mine finally arrived, there were no limes with it. The server suggested I use the limes from my drink, and I quote "take it from your drink" with a smile she said. This was the worst experience ever! I did speak with the manager Zack. He said he would speak with the server and apologized and offered to send Gift Cards to cover our next meal. Since he handled it so well we will give Chili's another try. I will also write another review as well with that experience.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

We are long time Chili's customers but the last few visits to our local Chili's here in town has been disappointing to the point that we will never go there again. The hostess was dirty and nasty looking. She dropped our menu on the filthy floor, next to restrooms, picked it up and placed it on our table. The salad was room temperature and wilted. The food we ordered gave us diarrhea the next day (for the 3rd time in a row). The place is just filthy so the food must be nasty also. This place needs a serious health inspection. Our server did a good job. But we are done with Chili's.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Went to Chili's bar tonight for some cocktails for my birthday. Ordered the Presidente Margarita and it was literally full of fruit flies. I mean, I totally lost my appetite. They did say "Oh sorry" and didn't charge me for it, but pretty sure I'll never go back.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

Went to Chili’s last week and had a great time with great service and food. We go a week later, same place, and all goes to crap. Get seated, then large group comes after us, while we waiting to order she gets their order first which took forever for all those people. Then we finally give our order to her. We get our coffee and it is cool, we get our soup one at a time, spouse has larger soup and mine is smaller. Had no idea who gets what soup. The main entree I order I just love, have been getting many times. This time it is not hot... and the sauce has a different taste to it.

I told her just to let her know and she says they have new cooks all the time. So there you go. Get coffee refill, it's cold again. Finally go to pay on self-pay toy, and it is missing a battery. And the glass is broke. So call her to bring bill... waiting and waiting and waiting... finally get up and go to her in back and tell her "I will pay here because I have an appointment to go somewhere." I mean it just was not a good day at Chili's. The bottom line is, all these reviews don't mean much, because there is no more consistency, never the same servers, never the same cooks, etc, etc. You go eat out and take a chance. Blah blah blah.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

My husband and I went into Chili's in Pflugerville, and we were not happy with the service from our waiter. The waiter did not give us straws for our drinks, and furthermore the Vet event they had did not include the wives. All the other places from yesterday's outing included the wives. This particular restaurant did not! How disappointing is that? Do they not realize that wives serve in the military when they are married to a spouse that is military. They might not fight the war, but they are pretty much single moms raising their children, or moving from one country to another. This is more of a dissatisfaction than a complaint. Chili's was one of my favorite places to dine, but that changed quickly for me today! I wonder if it is only this location, or if the other Chili locations are the same?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

We get here and we wait for our waiter for over 15 minutes. So they tell us that they would get us some chips for the wait. So we’re waiting and one plate comes and after about another 10-20 minutes the other plates come, we also had to send back the loaded fries because we only wanted cheese and bacon. Horrible service every time but the food is really good.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Chili's Grill & Bar located on Old Hickory Blvd. in Hermitage, TN was a disappointing experience. Our server appeared distracted and provided poor customer service. The wait time was unreasonable. My husband and I both ordered a Santa Fe Chicken Salad. The Salads arrived minus many of the ingredients and the dressing that was listed on the menu. The server appeared annoyed when we brought it to his attention. The atmosphere was noisy and not conducive to conversation. It was actually uncomfortable. We decided to leave with unfinished salads when the chef began yelling at the staff in the back. We did not feel safe.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Don't know about any other Chili's, just wanted to share my experience at the Forney Chili's. I went the other night with my son and 3 grandsons and I ordered soup and salad. The waitress dropped off chips and salsa at our table and when my son said he didn't order that, she said it came with my meal. No, it didn't... There is an option to order chips, soup, and salad or only soup and salad... I ordered only soup and salad. The difference being almost $4. The waitress was gone before I could correct her. Then my son paid an extra dollar for onion rings (which he didn't get -- he got french fries).

When we got the check, I wanted to dispute the charges but my son was in a hurry so we just left. Won't be back to that location. There's so many options on places to eat that I probably won't go back to any Chili's again. I've been in the restaurant business (in many capacities -- even owning my own restaurant for 3 years) for most of my life and I'm surprised this place is even still in business.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

My wife and I went to Greensburg for some casual shopping and we stopped by Chili's for lunch. Our waitress was Ashley **. She was very friendly, made a few suggestions and made us feel right at home. She was so nice that we told the manager how we felt about our experience at this Chili's. The manager was very friendly also. Steaks were perfect! We ordered ours well done and no pink. Our steaks were moist and juicy, cooked to our request and tasted great! The potatoes and broccoli was very good too and I usually don't care for cooked broccoli. No desserts, we were too full.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Just a short note to say that I didn't like the chicken fajitas. I find it hard to believe that it was from a fresh chicken. The chicken meat appeared to be processed to a liquid and then reformed into something resembling chicken strips. It was awful. I could not eat my meal. It made me nauseous picturing liquid chicken in my mind. Chili's needs to find some real chicken. If I don't get a response from this, I won't be going back to Chili's anymore.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I like this chain because it has fair prices. The team members are great and they remember your name, etc. Good apps, however; the other items like the steaks are not the best when it comes to flavor and tenderness. Great drinks, specials, too.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I love going to Chili's. The menu selections change often enough to keep it from getting boring. There are low calorie meals as well as regular fare for others. Service is prompt and deals on food and drink are plenty.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Clean, immediate service, extensive menu, lunch menu specials, food served hot, refills before glass was empty, not rushed to pay check and outstanding waiter.

Original review: July 28, 2017

My husband and I went to Chili's in Citrus Heights, CA last night and not only did I not eat the dinner, I wouldn't even take it in a doggie bag. I ordered the Smokehouse Combo $17.99. The ribs were cooked days ago and just had bbq sauce poured all over the ribs, the chicken the same rubber with tons of bbq sauce to hide the food. My husband ordered a hamburger, he got a wet hamburger. It had oil dripping from the burger. We both said never again, the quality of the food is horrible.

Chili's Grill & Bar Company Information