Chili's Grill & Bar

Compare Chain Restaurants

Research top Chain Restaurants recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We were treated Horrible. There was only one other family behind us with small kids. Other than that there was no one in dining area just some rowdy drunks in the bar. We were seated quickly. It took the waitress over 10 minutes to come to our table to greet us, by then we had already decided what we were going to eat and were afraid if she left she was going to wait another 10 minutes to come back. We ordered a burger, 6 oz steak and quesadilla. Well it happened another 10 minutes for us to get our soda. We waited another 40 min to get our food, in the meantime we had NO interaction with the waitress at all. After 40 minutes of waiting the steak and burger came out first. I took my daughter's plate to cut her steak and noticed that there was a huge piece of plastic cooked into it. Not just stuck, melted to it.

My fiance took a bite of his burger and it was RAW still cold inside. We then waited another 10 minutes. I still had not gotten my quesadilla yet when I asked another waitress to speak with a manager, she brushed it off like it was nothing, rolled eyes, said she would comp it and swept us out the door like garbage. This used to be my favorite place to eat. After this I'm not sure.

We came on a not very busy night, but service was HORRIBLE! We got our meals and my steak was very overcooked (very hard to chew) then she never asked me if she could get me a refill... so I ate the majority of my meal thirsty. Overall service was horrific???

Me and my husband went to Chili's for dinner. Our food was not even finished 2 person came and asked for check should be paid. We were there not more than 30 minutes and after that we got back to home and I have my stomach hurting and feeling throwing up. The food was overpriced and I don't find it tasty at all. And I am not feeling well. I don't like the result at all.

The food was just okay, it should be off the hook for the price. Anyway got home, went to bed, then my son started throwing up what he had ate, then just a few minutes later I threw up. Stayed sick all night long and still sick today. Will never, ever go back.

Our new Chile's in Dawsonville, Georgia -- we went for lunch, opening week. Sat at bar. I got coffee-lukewarm. Was never offered any refills--I could have asked but decided to keep quiet and see if the service would improve. Next to me, my husband was getting regularly offers for refills on his soda. The food finally arrived after a long time--especially considering the hurried lunch crowd. I chalked up the lousy service to opening FUBAR's. But we went there for dinner last night, sat at the bar, and the same thing happened again. My husband was asked repeatedly if he wanted another beer, more water, etc. while I nursed (tiny) glasses of wine and had to resort to having Husband order refills in order to get noticed. The food was very slow. After I ripped the bartenders a new one and walked out, the last part of my husband's dinner arrived as he was paying the bill and asking to see a manager.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chili's Grill & Bar?

I have not been to a Chili's in years. When we went on Friday night, October 30, 2016 we were astonished to see NO prices on menus for drinks. We asked to server what the price of drinks were. We Were told "I am not sure, but they are about $2.50 each with free refills; we ordered drinks. The price of the food ordered was BOLDLY written in the one menu at $13.98 "with your choice of 2 extras". The other menu stated the same meal at $14.98 with two extras. Then when you look very close only 2 extras are shown as no charge, the others in very small print are extra.

The one no charge extra was one (1) small spoon of rice, one bite. The meal sucked!!! It was a very large mountain of cooked onions with a very small portion, a few bites, of meat, etc. We ate the "meat" and the plate was still full of onions... What a scam, a total rip off. Then we got the bill!!! $3.02 per drink, ice tea... Which was horrible!!! NOT $2.50... they are obviously charging for additional refills but just do not want to tell you. In all of my years of going to Chili's I never saw them this way. They are sooo bad. WE will never go back for any reason and suggest that no one else does. THE WORST.

Dining last night with five of my sisters at Chili's LBJ#25. Sat at my table for 15 mins without a server coming to the table. Ask for manager. Manager came drop off queso and chips and left. Sent the bartender over to help (Michael). WaIted 30 min for a glass of water. Finally took our order. Brought the food. No napkins. Had to get up and get our napkins. Finish eating. Still waiting for the manager. Never came. Waiting another 15 min for check. SORRY SORRY SORRY SERVICE!!!

My family and I went to Chili's for lunch (not crowded). We waited 10 minutes before being noticed. The waitress was doing everything such as seating customers, waiting on tables, cleaning tables, and checking customers out. We waited a while before we got our 2 burgers, chili and salad. The food was cold and disgusting. There was no meat in the chili. It tasted like chili from a can. It was sauce and cheese. The fries tasted old. It was a waste of my hard earned money. The waitress was very nice and doing the job of 4 people. I do not blame her. The food was terrible and I will NEVER go to any Chili's Restaurants. Where was the manager?

My wife, daughter and myself went to Chili's in Kerrville Tx last night 10/15/16. We used the app to check in which was a joke. After sitting at the bar for 30 minutes my daughter decided to check with the hostess who replied, "Oh you're next." After being seated we ordered drinks (nonalcoholic). We waited and waited for the server to take our order. When we placed it we waited and waited again. I finally flagged down a server and asked for our waitress he asked if he could help and I told him my wife would like her salad. We again waited and waited while people who Sat after us were served and leaving. Meanwhile no food for us. Very simple order, burger, country fried steak and tripler. I then asked for the manager and she told us she knew we were there for a while and that the server hadn't pushed her send button.

When our food was brought to us the manager said the meal was on the house for the inconvenience we endured. This was not expected but was appreciated until we started eating. My food was cold and the burger was cooked beyond being edible. My wife's country fried steak was as burnt as bad as my burger. However my daughter's food was good. I've been a Chili's customer for well over 30 years and never have I experienced the poor overall food and service. Don't care to go back for a while. And may I say for a Saturday night this restaurant was about fifty percent of capacity.

Went to Chili's today with my two kids and mom. First off, the hostess basically told us she couldn't accommodate my two small kids because they don't put booster seats in the isle, so we wound up in the bar with my 1 year old and 9 month old. You'd think they would try to accommodate anyone who is still willing to be ripped off by their high priced disgusting trash food. We were not impressed with any of our entrees AT ALL. The southwestern eggrolls (one of the last vestiges from the restaurant's previous glory days back in the late 90's and early 2000's) were good. So was the chocolate molten cake, but let's be honest, how difficult is it to deep fry a premade eggroll and cut it, or put a scoop of ice cream on a premade microwaved cake?

The entrees were awful. I ordered the tilapia and promptly sent it back as soon as I took a bite. It tasted like it had started to go bad. It was also SWIMMING in grease and doused in chili powder. I asked for the chicken instead. While it at least wasn't on the verge of spoiling, it was tough and all I could taste was the thick layer of chili powder they apparently dumped on it. The rice was cold, and the broccoli was over peppered.

Seriously. How do you mess up RICE? My mom said her steak was swimming in butter and she later told me that she burped all night because of the grease just sitting in her stomach. They have changed their menu a lot the past few years and each change is just as terrible as the previous one. They are on this new tex mex thing for now and it is truly horrible. The quality of the food affects the taste and that taste is not good, or even mediocre. Bland, weird, tepid, greasy food is what Chili's has to offer these days. How can one get ALL of those in one meal? I'd sworn off Chili's 2 years ago but we went today to see if maybe they'd turned things around. They didn't. Save your money people.

My son took me and one of his friends to dinner at Chili's. His friend ordered a cheeseburger well done, my son ordered a combo (Ribs and Salmon) and I ordered the chicken quesadilla. After waiting for at least 45 minutes we finally got our food and his friend’s hamburger wasn't well done like he asked and his fries were cold and gross even though he was told his plate was hot. My son said his tasted ok, and mine was awful!! After we got home, my son and I are both sick. We will NEVER go back to Chili's!!! It's expensive and the food is bad, not to mention that the service is crappy!

We arrived during happy hour, my 9 year old grandson and I, and decided to sit in bar (not crowded) so he could watch sports. Sat for 5 min and no wait person came. Bartender ignored us. Moved over to other side of restaurant and after another 5 min we had a wait person. The order was wrong. The service slow. Not crowded at all. Food was not warm. This is the third time I have been there and the service is consistently poor at best. Chili's I am done with your restaurants. Over a two year period this restaurant has been barely making it as far as management is concerned. Bad attitude from employees usually trickles down from Management. Not what I expect from Chili's.

My husband and I went to Chili's for lunch; and I ordered the ribs w/ fries. He ordered quesadillas, after waiting half-hour for the meal to be served my lunch (ribs & fries) were cold. My husband ate his lunch; although the manager told me that a hot plate of food would be served to me in 5 minutes; I waited another half-hour! Again cold food and lousy attitude of the manager, who didn't seem to care that I was hungry and angry now! I was not charged for the ribs; although I was hungry, the server & and the management at this restaurant in Boca Raton #22, the staff who worked there couldn't care less. Management (corporate) should be informed of the poor attitude of the wait staff, manager & all the people who work there. Disappointing, I will not be going back & I would advise others to stay away. Lousy food; lousy attitude and lousy service!!!

Waiter was confusing to us when we had 2 orders that should have been the same - both came out wrong. My wife ordered two different enchiladas. They both came out the same. My hamburger patty was in 3 pieces. Not fun to eat as it keeps falling apart. Ask if the kids are ready for their dessert. Goes and takes order. For table of 6 get their drinks and finally about ten minutes later another waiter brings out the desserts. Waiter asks if I would be paying with cash or credit. I told him "credit." He said "you can just pay with the machine on table". Another piece of equipment at your store that can't do its job. Couldn't do complaining on the machine or get a receipt. The store is on hillsborough in Tampa Florida. Very disappointed with the whole experience.

Today l went with my family Chili's Grill and Bar in Homer Glen IL. The food was terrible!!! I gave the waiter $5 tip - Server name Nickole. My bill was $60.71 and she charge me $72 from my gift card. She came with the card and told me on the end, "l don't know if there is anything left in the card". This was suspicious to me. l checked my card when l came out from restaurant and she take extra tip without asking!!! This is the worst restaurant ever and the employers. This is a stealing!!! I went to different restaurant, never happen to me!!! This is the first and last time going to this restaurant.

I had the WORSE experience. No name of bartenders and the trainer was awful and USELESS. I witness him over pouring a drink. My order was a burger with egg bacon. My friend had to ask for the avocado. The manager ask if I wanted fried because I wasn't satisfied with my dinner. I work all day I get a stale potato BUN, overcook burger, no egg, just a sloppy service. I will make sure I tell as many people as possible of this awful service and the service from the manager. Awful attire sloppy. I wouldn't never go there again to the Kennedy Rd Chili's, NEVER. I taken pictures of the food service and receipt. I WISH I was again a Channel 3 food critic!!! Awful.

1st meal: The cheese on the cheeseburger was disgusting. The tomato was not ripe. The French fries were like mashed potatoes that were fried. The pickles were delicious! 2nd meal: The chicken was so tough I could barely chew it.

Chili's in Conyers GA has terrible inedible food... The only thing worse than the food is the service and the who gives a '**' attitude of the staff. Went into local Chili's for early lunch. There were 3 people in my group and another party of 15 (men, women and children). We waited 15 minutes for menus and another 10-15 for someone to come over for drink orders. We asked what was going on and were told that they weren't expecting a large group and only had 2 servers, a bartender, and manager. It took over 40 minutes from the time we placed our orders until we were served... Overcooked burgers, dry ribs food not fit to eat. When we complained to the manager, she said they were but they were very busy. Too busy to take care of customers?!?

Visited Chili's in Carlsbad, NM for dinner & drinks. Upon paying bill I noticed I was being charged full price for drinks; I asked the waitress if the 1/2 price was applicable to both the bar & dining. She said "bar only". I then asked if this was indicated on the menu & she replied "yes". I asked for the menu & nothing is noted as such.

I then proceeded to ask for the manager & he said it only applies to the bar. Told him this was deceptive to a customer as this was not noted on the dining menu. He looked at the menu & said: "you're right but I can't do anything about it". I told him that he being a manager did nothing to rectify the problem or give me the 1/2 price on the drinks. A manager who cares for his customers will go above & beyond to correct any problems and please his customers. This manager needs more training in customer relations! I informed him he's lost me as a customer and other future customers. His attitude came across as: "I don't give a rat's **!"

I recently tried to use a gift card at the Chili's in Kuwait and was told "no we don't take gift cards." I showed the waitress the back of the card which states, "You may redeem this card for food or beverages at any Chili's Bar and Grill. I sent email to the Corporate office that waited over a week to respond, then had the store manager contact me. This is his response, "Good afternoon Ms. Cindy, thank you for your replied. I'm sorry Mam Cindy, but you can't use your gift card at any Chili's here in Kuwait. All the gift cards that came from United States you can use only in any Chili's in the U.S. Chili's Kuwait have their own Gift certificate which can only use also at any Chili's branches here in Kuwait." So Chili's does not honor their gift cards because any Chili's includes Kuwait. I've requested a refund for the gift card since it was purchased with false information and been refused. Count me as someone that will never use this dishonest company again.

I had terrible food poisoning from the chicken at Chili's in Joliet, IL. When I called to speak to the manager he argued that I could have been sick from other sources because we eat so much in a day. This was not the case. He did not offer to comp my meal or any apology. I have told everyone I know, don't eat there. Many others then said they too have been sick from their chicken. Management is rude, and unable to assume responsibility. I will NEVER step into this Chili's chain again.

I tried this store about a year ago, having been a customer at their Hutto restaurant. I really like the food here it was really good. Unfortunately, my last three visits at this particular restaurant in Stone Hill I have had 3 different problems and management is so nonchalant when you call and tell them about their mistakes, you feel like they don't care. When I got my order, which are always to go, it was busy that night but that shouldn't make a difference, I got two bags, and there was a line behind me nowhere to sit etc. Anyway, when I finally got home, I was a meal missing and one of the entrees was missing the vegetables. I checked the number of boxes this time, they were all there. When I got home one of the meals has the wrong chicken wings in it, I also ordered salmon with the chicken breast and salsa, no salsa or dressing on top of salmon.

Yesterday was the final straw, I got everything I ordered 4 meals in all, my hamburger was so greasy it was "inedible" and my French fries, were old and dry. It was only 12:00 noon so the lunch had just started. No reason for old French fries I couldn't eat them, so that was one meal which was a wash. The second was the steak burrito with rice inside, corn beans. The burrito when cut into it the rice was slushy liquid, the beans had no taste at all and because the rice was wet and slushy made the burrito inside slimy. My husband threw it all in the trash.

I am no longer going to buy food at your restaurant, I did report two of the incidents, the manager said to give them my name next time I went in which I did and was told there was nothing in the system regarding a refund on the missing meal. Didn't bother to check just asked me politely what did I want to order. Like I said very nonchalant.

I hope you will take this email seriously, and as I have said I do not want free this and that. I would appreciate you passing this email on to the manager of the Stone Hill restaurant and tell him he needs to start paying attention to the food they are handing out at the take away counter and the staff working there, because they don't care, and have had no qualms in showing it.

This past Tuesday, 6/20/16, I went to Chili's at 5363 Sheridan St., in Hollywood, FL. as I've been doing at least 5 times a week for the past 3 or 4 years. The quality of the food & the service is consistently well above average. I sit at the bar and have a pleasant rapport with Chris, Phil & Scott. When the 4:00 relief bartender came on, the professionalism went down the toilet. The first thing he did was to change all of the channels on all of the televisions without consulting any of your patrons if we were watching something in particular.

Then when I asked him "What is this **" in almost a kidding way. At that point, he became extremely abusive using much fouler language towards me, almost to the point to where I felt he didn't need my business. I tip the other bartenders quite nicely for their attentiveness and professionalism, as they can attest to. I plan on coming back for the food and overall pleasant experiences, but I think this other individual needs some further training in public relations, suffice to say I probably will have a bitter taste in my mouth towards this 4th server, if I choose to eat there when he's on duty.

I make it a point to pay compliments about exemplary service to store managers at several eateries when I feel that I was made to feel special, and I have done so at your establishment on several occasions. This time I had to speak my feelings to a very courteous manager who said she would speak to the young man. The customer may not always be right, but they should always be treated with respect & politeness. If you happen to follow-up on this review, especially with the three other bartenders they will tell you that I've always minded my own business nor have I ever complained about anything, except taking away the complimentary chips.

Finally when I asked to pay my bill his response was "It's not my job". I guess Phil had control of the register, but he certainly could have been more polite in both responses to me. An attitude adjustment is definitely warranted, I don't feel he should be terminated at this time. Just change his attitude towards your guests. I plan on going back to your establishment, hoping the situation has been addressed and rectified. See you soon.

The cooks are not trained properly. Food was horrible and every time I go my order is wrong. I pay money for low quality food. After years of messing up my orders I'm done and will be telling everyone I know.

I went to Chili's, 5 Northside Drive, Clifton Park, NY 12065 on June 10th, 2016. The restaurant has really went downhill since the last time I went there. All new staff. They are all young teenagers and did not care about the customer or how they left you waiting on your food and to not get it right. The food taste was not the same! I did bring home my leftovers and warmed it up, and went to take bite out of my food, and a good piece of plastic came out of my food. I did take a picture and saved it. I then call to talk to the manger and he proceeded to scream at me over the phone and did not want to listen, and he had the nerve to hang up on me. So rude! I have never been talk to that way by anyone. As far as I am concerned he is not manager material at all. He needs to be fired!

Then I tried contacting the corporation. No one to talk to, but to send a brief message online. So I did. I really don't think I will hear back from them. I am more mad at the way he went about to talk to a customer and his actions than I am about the plastic in my food. I went on to find out that very restaurant had a Inspection and stated that sinks not proper sized, installed, maintained equipment, and floors not properly drained. Floors, walls, ceilings not smooth, properly constructed, in disrepair, and dirty surfaces. My husband and I used to love to there and now this happened we will never step foot in their doors again. But I will continue to take action on this matter as far as I can go.

I went to Chili's today with my son to celebrate his graduation from the 8th grade. There is a very A that works there that is over excited and intolerable. He ran to the car to see why I didn't leave him a tip prior to the current visit and he didn't want to serve us on our return visit. This used to be my favorite restaurant, but I'm not sure I want to return as long as he is working.

Lunch on Sunday, I order from the lunch menu and ask what side come with the lunch. Waitress turns the menu over to show the sides. I order a half turkey sandwich and fries. I get a full size sandwich and eat half the fries and then ask "why you received a full sandwich." Waitress tells me that the half sandwich is for lunch only. I say it's 12:00 noon. She says the lunch menu is only good Monday through Friday. I ask where is that written on the menu. She said it is not on the menu. She then gets the manager and I explain the situation. He says the lunch menu is good on the weekends, apologises and says "I'll have to retrain my staff.'' I don't believe this was a training issue. Chili's is committing a criminal act and should be charged for misconduct.

I spent $90.00 on Mother's Day food at the Parker Chilis. My hamburgers were cooked wrong. The one I wanted medium well, was well done, and vice versa, plus the fried pickles were horrible. Southwest egg rolls were overpriced, and minimal with the triple dipper, I won't be back, and neither will any of my family, for this price we could go anywhere. Guess we chose poorly for Mother's Day!

My husband and I visited Chili's restaurant in Jacksonville NC on Mother's Day May 8th, 2016. I had never eaten at Chili's prior to that day. Mother's day was particularly difficult for my husband and I this year as we just lost our daughter a few months ago. She passed away in February. I was opposed to the idea of going out however, my husband suggested Chili's and I accepted. I wish I had never gone if I knew how horrible the experience was going to be. Upon arrival we were seated pretty quickly and greeted by a quirky, funny waitress named Victoria. She was the only positive thing about this trip. She took our orders for appetizers and dinner. We ordered the Triple Threat (egg rolls, cheese bites and wings). When the appetizer arrived at our table it was completely wrong. I notified the waitress that it was wrong. The second time our appetizer arrived it was wrong as well.

The final time our appetizer arrived at the table it was cold, which I understood with the wait staff having to take it back in the kitchen so many times. I told the waitress it was cold. She responded "Oh" and made a joke about the kitchen staff not being able to read. She then disappeared into the kitchen for quite a while. When she returned she asked "Did my manager come speak with you" we had not seen any manager, nor had anyone come and talked with us so we just shrugged it off. About 10 minutes later the manager arrived with a side of cheddar bites.

When our dinner arrived to the table, and we began to eat, I noticed after about 2 bites into my food that my broccoli which I was being charged extra for was badly limp and had unsightly black and brown marks, which looked like a cross between mold and burns. I had no idea what it was. I informed the waitress, who responded "Oh that's the way it comes out of the bag. They must have overcooked it. I then asked to see the manager. His interaction with us was even worse.

After explaining my concerns, he snidely remarked "Oh, well it looks burned, it comes out of the bag that way. If you want, I can get some more broccoli!" I refused more broccoli and sent the plate back to the kitchen. He stalked away from the table with a look of nonchalance on his face like he could care less about the service or quality of food. My husband, who had only taken a bite to eat, asked for to go trays so we could leave and he could finish his meal at home. After these incidents we had a very hard time getting a waiter, they began to awkwardly ignore us and the whole atmosphere changed and we began to feel uncomfortable.

I must say that I have never and hope I never receive that level of service again. My husband and I both work in customer service, so we know about delighting our customers, we handle complaints every day and consider ourselves lucky and blessed to be the change and make a difference in a person's life. You never know the circumstance of a person's life or what a person is going through on a daily basis. Sometimes a smile, a loving gesture or a nice hot meal can make a person day. All we wanted was to enjoy our Mother's day after the pain and grief we just endured this year. Sadly, that was not the case. This is by far the worst customer service I have ever received.

Furthermore, my husband works 72 hours per week at one job and almost 40 on another. Money is hard enough to come by and we do not appreciate wasting it on bad service and poor quality food. We do not deserve being ignored because we encountered a problem with our meals. People work hard enough for their money and if they pay for a service, that service should be rendered to them. I will say that after this experiment, I will never step foot inside any Chili's restaurant anywhere ever again, nor will I patronize/support this business anymore.

Sat for 25 minutes, never asked if we wanted a drink or nothing, got up to leave then someone comes over and asked if we were being helped. I also forgot my phone at the table when we left so I went back to get it. I was told to hold on that I had to talk to the manager so I waited another 5-10 minutes for him to get up from his table. He came over, didn't ask why we left earlier or even to identify my phone, just handed it to me and said, "Is that it?" I said, "yes" and that was it.

Chili's Grill & Bar Company Profile