2. Shopping
  3. Chain Restaurants

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.55/5

Chili's Grill & Bar Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chili's Grill & Bar?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chili's Grill & Bar?

Original review: March 9, 2021

Tonight, March 8 at around 5 PM I traveled over 30 miles to have dinner at chili's in Smyrna. Yes, I was excited because it had been over 5 months since I had the beef fa·ji·tas with all the trimmings. I was specific as to how I wanted them cooked, rare as they hit my plate and with soup. Well the soup was too spicy so I had to send it back. Some time later the dinner arrived and they were very well done, the opposite of what I ordered. Not only were they cooked wrong, but the texture of the beef was worse than leather. So I traveled over 60 miles RT for a wasted dinner. I left and just chalked it up to never return. Now that I look at all the negative remarks, I am convinced that the Mgt does not care how the customers are treated. I will post this wherever I think it will do the most good for other potential customers.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

Forgot to bring out my appetizer out. Then the food came out REFRIGERATOR cold. Not cool but ice cold. I complained to the waitress and asked to tell the manager. The reply was she told the manager and nothing can be done. She will not change the bill. We were not even given an apology or even a dessert for all the time this took and left angry with the full bill. My witness was the waitress. Terrible meal!!

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

On today I visited the Tupelo Ms. location store#899. My server was Shue. It was a party of 3. My son and his girlfriend and child was also with us. Making it a total party of six however they were not on my ticket. I think 20002 was my order number. Once I got my food it was not good at all. The tea was watered down on bot my daughter and myself. My wife asked that no salt be on her fries. Her fries had salt and they were cold. I was suppose to have onion petals but I ended up with fries too that were cold. We had to ask for eating utensils which was acceptable. Customer service was acceptable. The overall visit was not good. My ticket was $58.59. I left a $10 tip which was the right thing to do. Not sure what was going on in the kitchen but they were not preparing the food as they should.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

Chili's has for years been sending me text messages for free items, yet they never honor the rewards or coupons. This began for me in 2016 and has continued into 2020. The last 3 takeout orders we have done, for example were supposed to come with a free kid's meal or a free dessert. NOTHING. So each time I go to redeem, it says I will get an email from them on how to redeem rewards, but the email never arrives. I have contacted them recently about this and they said they "know it's an issue" and are "working" on it. Meanwhile, I still get DAILY texts messages with coupons and free items, and it never works.

I have reported this as a SCAM to the FTC and you should run as far away from this corporation as possible. If you care about someone, don't let them eat at Chili's. Customer since whenever Chili's landed in Colorado. No longer a customer after this experience. You can't tell me a multinational corporation can't get their rewards program figured out, FOR YEARS NOW, yet they still send the predatory texts which and never honor the rewards or coupons. Bih, bye!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

Walked in, took a seat in the bar area and found a menu card with a couple appetizers and a couple expensive and unfamiliar entrees. Asked for a menu and nope. "We don’t have menus, scan the code." I have an android so mine didn’t magically open the website, my daughter’s did bc she had her iPhone and the camera automatically pops up a link to open the Chili’s menu website. Then click the chili pepper and it will open a wall of text. All written in some boring font and lists of menu items...I need pictures...really, I don’t know which “tab” I want to order from yet. It feels like the selection is narrowed to their more expensive options. The suggestions for what to order and the photos shown were for the high dollar entrees. Can I just order the nachos, what tab are they under? Are they still on the menu?

I felt like I had to download a qr scanner app, then it wouldn’t open on the browser because Chili’s blocks my cell bars (always has), then we all just laughed because my phone was “slow”, def not the case...idk I’m not happy. Didn’t even see the buffalo chicken sandwich or the soup and salad option. But I felt like five minutes was too long to download an app, wait to load menu then scroll thru tabs of text to see if stuff was even still on the menu, so I just ordered. Food was great as usual but wow. This is silly. Next step, order online when at the table? Bar? No, we go out for service and for real offline life. It was a whole lot of, "No. Sorry. We don’t have that and can’t do that, everything’s changed, don’t you know." Also, soon to be cashless.

I can’t imagine what people who cannot read (this forces them to ask for a picture menu when before, they could just see a lot of it) or older or inexperienced folks with no smart phones are feeling. Chili’s, go back, this is too much. We left full and the server was great, it’s Chili’s that turned us off today. We won’t be back until we can head inside and forget our phones exist. And I better go buy an iPhone...no, we just won’t be back. At least offer menus to people who don’t want to use phones. Shame.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

"Gluten Friendly' does NOTHING to help support those of us with Celiac disease or other gluten related disorders. It is abhorrent that you would call a menu that can hospitalize most of us "Gluten Friendly". When FDA regulation actually covers Menu Labeling I am grateful you will have to STOP THIS SCAM! In the meantime I am grateful to remind you that the GF person ALWAYS dictates where to eat and people on a medically necessary GF diet CAN NOT EAT AT CHILI'S!!!! I have a group of 5 and we can NEVER eat at chili's because of me and Chili's dedication to poisoning the GF community. I am telling everyone in my community. GF people are a nationwide community. You get the ZERO - BIG ZERO!!!!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

I recently dined in your restaurant 8/29/20. It was the WORST experience ever. When we entered the establishment there was no one to seat us for about 10 min while staff just watched. We were then seated at a dirty table where we waited for over 20 min for our order to be taken. We had to call the restaurant from our table to get service. Even after people who came in after us order was taken before ours. Once served our appetizer I got instantly sick. My husband got sick later. We drive trucks all over the country and frequent Chili’s regularly and this by far was the worst experience ever by far.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

We went there today for lunch. They were not busy. But we’re low on staff. Our waiter was ok. But failed to refill drinks. Food portion on 1/2 rack was a total joke. The corn was old and dried out. Manager was indifferent. I went without food. Wife’s food was ok. Then experience became very uncomfortable and they pretty much pushed us out. I was respectful and kept my voice down. I just refused to accept what was served. Not going back.

Original review: July 30, 2020

Ordered on July 23rd. I ordered 4 appetizers and 1 dinner. Chicken wings were raw. 2 of the appetizers were too salty. Called manager and was getting refund, never did. Boynton Beach location. I called Corporate and they only refunded raw chicken wings. I was told they would refund all that was thrown away. Nobody called me to apologize. I wish I could post photos of raw chicken, or better yet gone back to have the manager try them. Last time I go to Chili's and I will tell EVERYONE about raw and salty food they serve.

Original review: June 25, 2020

We did curbside due to virus. Got food started to drive off. Opened the first food which is cheesecake. It was half eaten. Never have I had an issue. This infuriated me because a viral issue ongoing here. Went back and got new one and they did give us a remake, but I feel there needs to be a serving look or more before sending food to people on Togo orders.

Chili's Grill & Bar Company Information