Chili's Grill & Bar

Compare Chain Restaurants

Research top Chain Restaurants recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I visited Chili's for the last time tonight and will not return. They had an advertised drink that I tried to order, I have never been told that I had to sit in a special place to order a drink. They will never get another nickel from me ever. Very deceiving in-store advertising as I would not want my children in the bar area!!!

Great customer service - My family and I go out to eat at least 8 times a week and has never ate at Chilli's. Our server Yolanda made our experience the best we've ever had, felt like we had known her for years. She was a pleasure and awesome food and prices.

We ordered the 3 for $10. First we got the salads and chips. It was good. Then we finally got the burgers. I started to cut and half of it was raw. Then I made my daughter cut hers in half and it was raw too.

I went to the Chili's in Macedonia and had THE worst experience ever!!! This was my very first visit and I only went due to my boss telling me she'd gone there with her family and she told me how good the food was. I went on a Friday night, in which I expected to be busy. My waitress seemed to be ok until I asked to change my order, which was seconds from her leaving my table to place the order. She seemed annoyed that I wanted to change my order and told me that she'd already placed my order as if nothing could be done further. When I told her that I just wanted nothing at all, she asked would I like for her to get her manager, and I agreed to let her do so.

The manager approached my table with a heavy sigh and rolled her eyes as if she couldn't bare to deal with me. She asked if I would like to change my order and asked what I would like instead, still appearing to be annoyed and then before I could get another word out, she walked away from my table only to never return. To make matters worse my waitress was switched to a completely different waitress, but this one was a lot nicer. I never did eat my food because I was so angry about my service thus far. I opened the take out box the next day and warmed up my food only to find that the shrimp wasn't cooked completely (had the chicken, shrimp, steak fajitas). Needless to say, I will never ever go back there again and I would not recommend that anyone else go.

My family went to the Chili's in "Buena Park" tonight. Very disappointed! For starters the restrooms were disgusting. All the other family members ordered the dinners that included the "Maltin Cakes" for that reason. Well when it was that time to bring them out, guess what suddenly they are out of them. Offered a scoop of ice cream instead. Wow. To top it off the "Manager" came to get the tickets for us to pay. She comes back with cards, receipts to sign and she had charged my card for my sister and brother in law's dinner (which was double) of mine. And they had paid cash for theirs and was given their change. We will never ever go to that location again!!! Always check your receipts before leaving!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chili's Grill & Bar?

Chili's raises my blood pressure. I went there with a group, and they squished us in so badly, that the person on my left rubbed my shoulder raw with his, and the person on my right had his elbow in my boob. There was no place for the ladies to put their purses. They charge for their pub food as if it's high quality. The burgers are hardened saw dust. They refuse to not over-cook their meat, and I would wager the cooks are too stupid and impatient to prepare a medium-rare steak. Waiters rush around as if frightened. The noise level hurt. Instead of talking, people screamed at each other.

Two babies were wailing, and of course, the parents were oblivious. Only kids would like this place, and parents who let their kids rule succumb and give this chaotic place their business. Thus, the uncontrolled kids and wailing babies. I wanted this to end, but I was forced to suffer for a full 30 minutes from the time we gave our order until the food came. Then they got our bill wrong. But of course they did... who can think in this helter-skelter place? Grand Central is more calm. Get me OUT of here!

Booth location was very poor for party of 7. When waitress brought food she passed hot plate from one end of long booth to the other by handing a hot metal plate to a 7 yr old child...saying "Pass this on. Watch out it is hot." Let me note the booth was open and accessible at both ends. The service was very poor, the food was cold and our order was incorrect. Our checks were also incorrect but it took so long to try to straighten out we just paid and left. Never again will we go to any Chili's especially the one in Bossier City, Louisiana.

First I would like to said that is my first time ever writing a complaint about anything but then also I have never being treated in that manner before. I dined almost every weekend at the location in Kendall and I understand is a very busy location but still like it. Or at least until two days ago, when after waiting over 45 minutes sitting in a table without been offered at least a glass of water. Nobody came to our table not once to acknowledge we were there. I spoke to one of the hostess about it and I guess she pass the message to whoever the waitress was. In another 15 minutes my husband decided to go outside for a smoke when at the same time a young women (waitress) approach to my table (where I was still sitting with my son) upset and ask me if I was leaving or staying. No apologies, no introduction, nothing.

When I explain to her what's been happening, she just told me there were only two of them working that area. I told her that they should at least make people aware of the waiting, she just reply again if I was leaving or staying. At this point I was so upset that I requested to speak to a manager. And even though the manager apologized and offered to take our order I couldn't stay any longer. I understand the pressure the waitresses have but you can never lose your customer services touch, especially when the tip depends on it. That girl was rude, even other customers sitting around us couldn't believe how rude she was. For sure I won't be going anytime soon to at least this location.

Bartender is mad at the world. Talks about "tips" at the bar. No education of products for sale. But most of all. Gerry unhappy bartender. 2 times in a row. With a purchase from me over $70. How sad. Never will return.

We were treated Horrible. There was only one other family behind us with small kids. Other than that there was no one in dining area just some rowdy drunks in the bar. We were seated quickly. It took the waitress over 10 minutes to come to our table to greet us, by then we had already decided what we were going to eat and were afraid if she left she was going to wait another 10 minutes to come back. We ordered a burger, 6 oz steak and quesadilla. Well it happened another 10 minutes for us to get our soda. We waited another 40 min to get our food, in the meantime we had NO interaction with the waitress at all. After 40 minutes of waiting the steak and burger came out first. I took my daughter's plate to cut her steak and noticed that there was a huge piece of plastic cooked into it. Not just stuck, melted to it.

My fiance took a bite of his burger and it was RAW still cold inside. We then waited another 10 minutes. I still had not gotten my quesadilla yet when I asked another waitress to speak with a manager, she brushed it off like it was nothing, rolled eyes, said she would comp it and swept us out the door like garbage. This used to be my favorite place to eat. After this I'm not sure.

We came on a not very busy night, but service was HORRIBLE! We got our meals and my steak was very overcooked (very hard to chew) then she never asked me if she could get me a refill... so I ate the majority of my meal thirsty. Overall service was horrific???

Me and my husband went to Chili's for dinner. Our food was not even finished 2 person came and asked for check should be paid. We were there not more than 30 minutes and after that we got back to home and I have my stomach hurting and feeling throwing up. The food was overpriced and I don't find it tasty at all. And I am not feeling well. I don't like the result at all.

The food was just okay, it should be off the hook for the price. Anyway got home, went to bed, then my son started throwing up what he had ate, then just a few minutes later I threw up. Stayed sick all night long and still sick today. Will never, ever go back.

Our new Chile's in Dawsonville, Georgia -- we went for lunch, opening week. Sat at bar. I got coffee-lukewarm. Was never offered any refills--I could have asked but decided to keep quiet and see if the service would improve. Next to me, my husband was getting regularly offers for refills on his soda. The food finally arrived after a long time--especially considering the hurried lunch crowd. I chalked up the lousy service to opening FUBAR's. But we went there for dinner last night, sat at the bar, and the same thing happened again. My husband was asked repeatedly if he wanted another beer, more water, etc. while I nursed (tiny) glasses of wine and had to resort to having Husband order refills in order to get noticed. The food was very slow. After I ripped the bartenders a new one and walked out, the last part of my husband's dinner arrived as he was paying the bill and asking to see a manager.

I have not been to a Chili's in years. When we went on Friday night, October 30, 2016 we were astonished to see NO prices on menus for drinks. We asked to server what the price of drinks were. We Were told "I am not sure, but they are about $2.50 each with free refills; we ordered drinks. The price of the food ordered was BOLDLY written in the one menu at $13.98 "with your choice of 2 extras". The other menu stated the same meal at $14.98 with two extras. Then when you look very close only 2 extras are shown as no charge, the others in very small print are extra.

The one no charge extra was one (1) small spoon of rice, one bite. The meal sucked!!! It was a very large mountain of cooked onions with a very small portion, a few bites, of meat, etc. We ate the "meat" and the plate was still full of onions... What a scam, a total rip off. Then we got the bill!!! $3.02 per drink, ice tea... Which was horrible!!! NOT $2.50... they are obviously charging for additional refills but just do not want to tell you. In all of my years of going to Chili's I never saw them this way. They are sooo bad. WE will never go back for any reason and suggest that no one else does. THE WORST.

Dining last night with five of my sisters at Chili's LBJ#25. Sat at my table for 15 mins without a server coming to the table. Ask for manager. Manager came drop off queso and chips and left. Sent the bartender over to help (Michael). WaIted 30 min for a glass of water. Finally took our order. Brought the food. No napkins. Had to get up and get our napkins. Finish eating. Still waiting for the manager. Never came. Waiting another 15 min for check. SORRY SORRY SORRY SERVICE!!!

My family and I went to Chili's for lunch (not crowded). We waited 10 minutes before being noticed. The waitress was doing everything such as seating customers, waiting on tables, cleaning tables, and checking customers out. We waited a while before we got our 2 burgers, chili and salad. The food was cold and disgusting. There was no meat in the chili. It tasted like chili from a can. It was sauce and cheese. The fries tasted old. It was a waste of my hard earned money. The waitress was very nice and doing the job of 4 people. I do not blame her. The food was terrible and I will NEVER go to any Chili's Restaurants. Where was the manager?

My wife, daughter and myself went to Chili's in Kerrville Tx last night 10/15/16. We used the app to check in which was a joke. After sitting at the bar for 30 minutes my daughter decided to check with the hostess who replied, "Oh you're next." After being seated we ordered drinks (nonalcoholic). We waited and waited for the server to take our order. When we placed it we waited and waited again. I finally flagged down a server and asked for our waitress he asked if he could help and I told him my wife would like her salad. We again waited and waited while people who Sat after us were served and leaving. Meanwhile no food for us. Very simple order, burger, country fried steak and tripler. I then asked for the manager and she told us she knew we were there for a while and that the server hadn't pushed her send button.

When our food was brought to us the manager said the meal was on the house for the inconvenience we endured. This was not expected but was appreciated until we started eating. My food was cold and the burger was cooked beyond being edible. My wife's country fried steak was as burnt as bad as my burger. However my daughter's food was good. I've been a Chili's customer for well over 30 years and never have I experienced the poor overall food and service. Don't care to go back for a while. And may I say for a Saturday night this restaurant was about fifty percent of capacity.

Went to Chili's today with my two kids and mom. First off, the hostess basically told us she couldn't accommodate my two small kids because they don't put booster seats in the isle, so we wound up in the bar with my 1 year old and 9 month old. You'd think they would try to accommodate anyone who is still willing to be ripped off by their high priced disgusting trash food. We were not impressed with any of our entrees AT ALL. The southwestern eggrolls (one of the last vestiges from the restaurant's previous glory days back in the late 90's and early 2000's) were good. So was the chocolate molten cake, but let's be honest, how difficult is it to deep fry a premade eggroll and cut it, or put a scoop of ice cream on a premade microwaved cake?

The entrees were awful. I ordered the tilapia and promptly sent it back as soon as I took a bite. It tasted like it had started to go bad. It was also SWIMMING in grease and doused in chili powder. I asked for the chicken instead. While it at least wasn't on the verge of spoiling, it was tough and all I could taste was the thick layer of chili powder they apparently dumped on it. The rice was cold, and the broccoli was over peppered.

Seriously. How do you mess up RICE? My mom said her steak was swimming in butter and she later told me that she burped all night because of the grease just sitting in her stomach. They have changed their menu a lot the past few years and each change is just as terrible as the previous one. They are on this new tex mex thing for now and it is truly horrible. The quality of the food affects the taste and that taste is not good, or even mediocre. Bland, weird, tepid, greasy food is what Chili's has to offer these days. How can one get ALL of those in one meal? I'd sworn off Chili's 2 years ago but we went today to see if maybe they'd turned things around. They didn't. Save your money people.

My son took me and one of his friends to dinner at Chili's. His friend ordered a cheeseburger well done, my son ordered a combo (Ribs and Salmon) and I ordered the chicken quesadilla. After waiting for at least 45 minutes we finally got our food and his friend’s hamburger wasn't well done like he asked and his fries were cold and gross even though he was told his plate was hot. My son said his tasted ok, and mine was awful!! After we got home, my son and I are both sick. We will NEVER go back to Chili's!!! It's expensive and the food is bad, not to mention that the service is crappy!

We arrived during happy hour, my 9 year old grandson and I, and decided to sit in bar (not crowded) so he could watch sports. Sat for 5 min and no wait person came. Bartender ignored us. Moved over to other side of restaurant and after another 5 min we had a wait person. The order was wrong. The service slow. Not crowded at all. Food was not warm. This is the third time I have been there and the service is consistently poor at best. Chili's I am done with your restaurants. Over a two year period this restaurant has been barely making it as far as management is concerned. Bad attitude from employees usually trickles down from Management. Not what I expect from Chili's.

My husband and I went to Chili's for lunch; and I ordered the ribs w/ fries. He ordered quesadillas, after waiting half-hour for the meal to be served my lunch (ribs & fries) were cold. My husband ate his lunch; although the manager told me that a hot plate of food would be served to me in 5 minutes; I waited another half-hour! Again cold food and lousy attitude of the manager, who didn't seem to care that I was hungry and angry now! I was not charged for the ribs; although I was hungry, the server & and the management at this restaurant in Boca Raton #22, the staff who worked there couldn't care less. Management (corporate) should be informed of the poor attitude of the wait staff, manager & all the people who work there. Disappointing, I will not be going back & I would advise others to stay away. Lousy food; lousy attitude and lousy service!!!

Waiter was confusing to us when we had 2 orders that should have been the same - both came out wrong. My wife ordered two different enchiladas. They both came out the same. My hamburger patty was in 3 pieces. Not fun to eat as it keeps falling apart. Ask if the kids are ready for their dessert. Goes and takes order. For table of 6 get their drinks and finally about ten minutes later another waiter brings out the desserts. Waiter asks if I would be paying with cash or credit. I told him "credit." He said "you can just pay with the machine on table". Another piece of equipment at your store that can't do its job. Couldn't do complaining on the machine or get a receipt. The store is on hillsborough in Tampa Florida. Very disappointed with the whole experience.

Today l went with my family Chili's Grill and Bar in Homer Glen IL. The food was terrible!!! I gave the waiter $5 tip - Server name Nickole. My bill was $60.71 and she charge me $72 from my gift card. She came with the card and told me on the end, "l don't know if there is anything left in the card". This was suspicious to me. l checked my card when l came out from restaurant and she take extra tip without asking!!! This is the worst restaurant ever and the employers. This is a stealing!!! I went to different restaurant, never happen to me!!! This is the first and last time going to this restaurant.

I had the WORSE experience. No name of bartenders and the trainer was awful and USELESS. I witness him over pouring a drink. My order was a burger with egg bacon. My friend had to ask for the avocado. The manager ask if I wanted fried because I wasn't satisfied with my dinner. I work all day I get a stale potato BUN, overcook burger, no egg, just a sloppy service. I will make sure I tell as many people as possible of this awful service and the service from the manager. Awful attire sloppy. I wouldn't never go there again to the Kennedy Rd Chili's, NEVER. I taken pictures of the food service and receipt. I WISH I was again a Channel 3 food critic!!! Awful.

1st meal: The cheese on the cheeseburger was disgusting. The tomato was not ripe. The French fries were like mashed potatoes that were fried. The pickles were delicious! 2nd meal: The chicken was so tough I could barely chew it.

Chili's in Conyers GA has terrible inedible food... The only thing worse than the food is the service and the who gives a '**' attitude of the staff. Went into local Chili's for early lunch. There were 3 people in my group and another party of 15 (men, women and children). We waited 15 minutes for menus and another 10-15 for someone to come over for drink orders. We asked what was going on and were told that they weren't expecting a large group and only had 2 servers, a bartender, and manager. It took over 40 minutes from the time we placed our orders until we were served... Overcooked burgers, dry ribs food not fit to eat. When we complained to the manager, she said they were but they were very busy. Too busy to take care of customers?!?

Visited Chili's in Carlsbad, NM for dinner & drinks. Upon paying bill I noticed I was being charged full price for drinks; I asked the waitress if the 1/2 price was applicable to both the bar & dining. She said "bar only". I then asked if this was indicated on the menu & she replied "yes". I asked for the menu & nothing is noted as such.

I then proceeded to ask for the manager & he said it only applies to the bar. Told him this was deceptive to a customer as this was not noted on the dining menu. He looked at the menu & said: "you're right but I can't do anything about it". I told him that he being a manager did nothing to rectify the problem or give me the 1/2 price on the drinks. A manager who cares for his customers will go above & beyond to correct any problems and please his customers. This manager needs more training in customer relations! I informed him he's lost me as a customer and other future customers. His attitude came across as: "I don't give a rat's **!"

I recently tried to use a gift card at the Chili's in Kuwait and was told "no we don't take gift cards." I showed the waitress the back of the card which states, "You may redeem this card for food or beverages at any Chili's Bar and Grill. I sent email to the Corporate office that waited over a week to respond, then had the store manager contact me. This is his response, "Good afternoon Ms. Cindy, thank you for your replied. I'm sorry Mam Cindy, but you can't use your gift card at any Chili's here in Kuwait. All the gift cards that came from United States you can use only in any Chili's in the U.S. Chili's Kuwait have their own Gift certificate which can only use also at any Chili's branches here in Kuwait." So Chili's does not honor their gift cards because any Chili's includes Kuwait. I've requested a refund for the gift card since it was purchased with false information and been refused. Count me as someone that will never use this dishonest company again.

I had terrible food poisoning from the chicken at Chili's in Joliet, IL. When I called to speak to the manager he argued that I could have been sick from other sources because we eat so much in a day. This was not the case. He did not offer to comp my meal or any apology. I have told everyone I know, don't eat there. Many others then said they too have been sick from their chicken. Management is rude, and unable to assume responsibility. I will NEVER step into this Chili's chain again.

Chili's Grill & Bar Company Profile