1.38/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

485 Burger King Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

On Jan 12, 2019 I came in to the Burger King on Higley just north of Baseline, only to find the place filthy. I thought of calling the Health Department but instead am telling you directly. I approached the clerk and asked if they could clean up the drink prep area as "it is horrific." There were dirty tables that never got cleaned while I was there and as we left, we discovered that the rim of the wastebasket was surrounded by ketchup. Ugh. The clerk did clean up the drink prep area but no one came out to wipe tables or pick up trays at the wastebasket or they might have seen the ketchup. The food was good and if I return to that specific BK, I hope you will have passed along their need to be diligent about cleanliness throughout the restaurant.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

It improve inside by being more clean and the staff are nice to speak to. I had a issue that was solve to my liking. The prices are very good. I would recommend this Burger King to anyone in the area and my family.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Tired from driving a long way we pulled off the interstate to go to this unfamiliar Burger King in Ruskin, FL. #6871. My Whopper Junior was served at room temperature! It being rush hour that seemed unreasonable. Service by Penny was proficient but not outstanding. Facility was clean. Tea dispensers had no labels, just "sw" and "un" scribbled in pencil directly onto the containers in small print.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Burger King store number 6207 on Salem Rd. in Conyers GA is TERRIBLE. Every time I go I always get onion rings instead of fries and it’s always a problem. They are either cold, burnt or today burnt and taste like bad cooking oil or something a bad gas line or something. I will not be going back! Drink machine is always broken and most of staff are Hispanic and speaking Spanish!!! TERRIBLE all around!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

1/6/2019 1701 SE 17th St. Causeway, Fort Lauderdale, FL - Irate, Out of control and Disrespectful employee! 1701 SE 17th St. Cswy, Ft Lauderdale, Fl 1:32 aprox. Just left there due to employee screaming every curse word in the book from the front register to the back of the restaurant directed to fellow employees. Couldn't give the cashier my order due to the employee screaming so loud endlessly and using the GD, **, every word in the book, cussing and screaming.

I asked her to please stop the language while I was in line. She replied: "I ain't stopping ** everyone ** cusses." She went on for over 3 minutes. I said, "No, not everyone, and especially in a restaurant with patrons and children." She started cussing again and said "All kids use cusswords" and went back to cussing. I waited for an apology and she said "If you don't like it you can go someplace else." I said; "GREAT IDEA! I will go to the McDonalds!!! They respect their customers!!!" I asked the cashier his name and he said "I didn't do anything." I said "Correct, you were trying to take my order while she was screaming obscenities at the other employees in the back; so when management asks me I can tell them you were trying to help but couldn't hear me."

The employee, still cussing then said "She can't get me in trouble; she don't know my name." I said "Correct again! I don't know your name." (I wanted to clue her in that people don't need names when they have video- video doesn't lie.) I looked at her hand to make sure she didn't have a knife. Pretty scary! She actually followed me out. Maybe I don't have your name but there are plenty of ways to ID you! You never know; I could have 10 pictures of you because you were, in uniform, walking outside still cussing! Be careful miss "She don't know my name"! You never know who’s running their phone video. She was too loud and disrespectful to notice! Talk about road rage? She was definitely Employee Rage!

Be careful workers! You never know when corporate will send in a mystery shopper! Unless of course you don't care to be fired and you have lots of money to go take your foul mouth elsewhere! No ethics, no morals, no respect, no business savvy! If you have a problem with your peers you need to keep it in the back office, better yet write a letter! You don't scream every curse word in the book from the front to the back; especially at your peers; especially on the job in front of paying customers!

YOU lost over 50.00 just in that order alone. Maybe even more after I told people coming in that you were out of control and I was afraid for my life! So to the girl who loves to cuss -- who do you think pays your paycheck? Nope, not the peers you were cussing at but your customers!!! Hello!!! NEWSFLASH! I will never go back unless I have confirmation she is fired!

Advice: I certainly would not take your children there if you are raising them with moral standards and respect for others. FYI, employee: Damn is not God's last name! Don't know where the manager was but I pray the irate, disrespectful employee wasn't the manager. Back in the day one word like that would have meant immediate termination; where was the store manager? BAD BIZ!!! Does corporate ever read these? Would have rated zero but site only allows 1-5 stars.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Burger King?

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I ordered a crispy chicken sandwich meal from a Burger King in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico. I was starving after running errands all day with my babies & they were super excited to get their kid's meal. After leaving the drive-thru, I quickly unwrapped my sandwich bit into it. I thought it tasted funny & mushy but I thought it was a tomato. I ate a couple more bites & then pulled over to take off what I thought were “extra tomatoes.” To my absolute horror I discovered that I was eating a completely raw chicken sandwich. I immediately drove back to the Burger King & showed the employees my sandwich. A manager came & gave me my money back. Although I understand that these things are not unheard of & I wouldn’t feel good about getting someone fired from their job, I will never eat at any Burger King facility again & it will be a very long time before I eat out at any restaurant, especially fast food. This was truly a sickening experience.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Stopped at Burger King in Franklin, LA to get my son a burger for lunch. I specified 2 Value menu cheeseburgers with no mustard, no ketchup, and no onion, an order of fries and a Med Dr. Pepper. We paid and drove off. My son opened one of the burgers and took a big bite only to have mustard and ketchup ooze out. The french fries were horrible also. They tasted like they had been fried in oil with chicken. I went back and told the cashier the burgers were not right and the fries were not good.

She proceeded to start counting my money back without even asking if we wanted the order replaced. She asked for the Dr. Pepper back which we gladly gave back to her. I could not even believe how rude she was acting so I told her to not worry because I would never come back. To that she and another employee in the background wave to me and say "BYYYEEE." HOW RUDE IS THAT??? I am a 68 year old senior citizen and I have never witnessed such rudeness from a person working in the public service industry. Trust me, I will never patronize that Burger King again.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I would like the share my most recent and final visit to the Burger King Located at 2391 Coastal Grand Cir, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 on August 11th, 2018. I arrived at the drive through and placed my order. Upon completing my order and arriving at the drive-through window, I realized that I forgot to add an extra orange juice. I asked the store employee if I may add one to my order. She rudely replied: "What do you want"? I was a little shocked, as I have frequented that location countless times. I added the extra orange juice and was asked to pull past the window for the remainder my order. When another employee exited the location, I expressed my displeasure with the employee who took my order.

I then asked if the manager would be able to step out and speak to me for a moment. I was told that the manager was busy at the moment. I contacted Burger King Corporate Office a few days later and reported the situation. I requested the store manager/franchise owner contact me via telephone. I never received a phone call from either of the requested points of contact. Needless to say, I will never conduct business with that establishment again! It is sad that some businesses do not pride themselves on being customer friendly. As a YouTube Video Creator, reputation means more than anything these days...

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I just love the food, I always get a Whopper and a Hershey pie every time I go I get that. Their food is better and different from like McDonald's or Wendy's. Burger King is the only acceptable fast food burger chain. It's in their name, Burger King.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I love chicken nuggets and Burger King's nuggets are my favorite. The service is good enough, especially when they don't forget my ranch, which is very few times so it's still enjoyable. And I usually have leftover ranch from previous trips stored in my fridge so it's ok.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

9105 Bergenline Ave North Bergen NJ 07047. December 15, 2018 4:15 pm - 4:45 pm. I have never seen such disorganized, dirty and careless employees like this at any other Burger King. My complaint is not about the food, but rather about the employees, No glove usage is absolutely unacceptable, in my opinion. A woman I believe to be named "**", with glasses and a visor on, was touching/scratching her head and mouth, then touching part(s) of the food. The French Fries I ordered were grabbed from the top by **, who was not wearing gloves, therefore her palms touched the fries.

The cashier was touching the dirty money, and then she was holding the paper bag, but when she tried to open the paper bag, she put her dirty hands completely inside. In my opinion, they are improperly trained people and they do not care about the health of their customers. Looks to me that they are being lazy and putting no effort to their job.

There was also a male, who looked like he had just finished his shift. He was inside the kitchen with a backpack on and a jacket on. He was waiting for his food, but he was near another serving of food. He was rather close, and he was vigorously and continuously scratching his head on top of the serving. In my opinion, Burger King should pay attention to their employees' training. They should make sure that their employees look presentable and are clean.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

After waiting in drive-thru for 10 minutes, I get my food and the order is messed up. I ordered a fish sandwich with cheese, mayo, lettuce, tomato and pickle and when I opened it it had male tomato. I gave it back to him. The girl gave me a slice of cheese and a container. I was extremely upset so I gave her back the food and I ask for full refund. The guy came over to the window and handed me my money and say, "You have a good night."

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

The 1 cent Whopper deal was a joke. A lot more trouble than it was worth. I tried three times and I never did get my Whopper. That's ok because I will never be back to Burger King. They never did have very good service anyway and their sausage biscuit is the worst I've ever had.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

After hearing about your promotion of going to McDonald's and letting you know our location we completed our portion went to Burger King on Cassopolis St to be told "we aren't taking any orders. We only have 2 people here". So I said... "Why don't you turn off your light then?" The reply was "it's company policy. We can't turn off the light". BUT YOU CAN REFUSE TO TAKE AN ORDER? How does that policy work? We have been to this location many times, but no more. By leaving the light on you are shooting yourself in the foot as how many more people take their time and choose to patronize your restaurant to get the same crap. We did decide to drive another 7 miles since we already had wasted 30 minutes of our lives to drive to the location on Beardsley St. Only to be told we are not participating in this. So one hour no food 2 Burger Kings. Too many restaurants to be had by your lying joke. Never again!!!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Whopper detour promotion states that a $0.01 Whopper if you do the following: 1. Download the application. 2. Enable location services for that app. 3. Travel to a McDonalds. 4. Unlock the promotion. 5. Pick it up within an hour. The fine print lists the following restrictions. 1. One per customer. 2. Not used with any other coupon. 3. Not valid on delivery orders.

As a software engineer I was inclined to test this application. So I downloaded the application and turned on location services. I traveled to the nearest McDonald's and tried to unlock the promotion. The application froze. I had to restart my phone. I tried again - same result. So I decided to travel to a different McDonald's. Same exact thing. I tried twice and it froze. I traveled to yet another McDonald's and same thing! So at this point I verified location services by using the restaurant's search inside the application. That worked fine. Defeated I ordered a Big Mac out of spite. It was really good, then it tasted like flame broiled beef and spite.

When I got home I decide to look and see if other users were having this experience. Sure enough I found users complaining, but what I thought was a technical glitch turned out to be an ethical glitch. This offer only works at restaurants where mobile ordering is supported, and even then only certain restaurants apply. So I did some digging to see where this should work. Turns out it does not work at any location within the Albany-Schenectady-Troy MSA! I would need to drive 2 hours to find a restaurant. In an area with over 3 million people there wasn't a single restaurants that supported this.

If this isn't deceptive advertising I don't know what is. I looked everywhere and could not find a single ad that stated this in the fine print. Not only will I never purchase from Burger King again, but I am going to eat at McDonald's every day this week in spite. I then called customer service and had a bumbling fool on the phone. They offered no remedy and she talked herself in a circle with incoherent rambling. Terrible restaurant, when I get some free time I'm going to leave 1000 bad reviews.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Wish there was a zero. Without customer service you have nothing. Went to drive thru and encountered the rudest person I've ever encountered in my 61 years. Apparently from these reviews the problem is nationwide. First time I'd visited this location and I'll never return. Don't even know how the food will be, but because of the service I'm pretty sure it will suck too.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

We stopped at Burger King on Lyons Ave in Newhall, CA and ordered $20 worth of food. We received our food. I asked for mayo but the fat Mexican girl was too busy helping the Mexican customers. Being a disabled senior I could no longer stand and leaned against the counter. The fat Mexican girl yelled at me and I explained that I was still waiting for the mayo. She threw over to me and I was going to ask for dipping sauce for the nuggets but was about to fall and left. When we got home about a half a mile the fries were hard and stale. It is nothing like the 1960's where the staff was friendly and the food fresh!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Burger King had ran out of Cheesy Tots that I now do feel the meltdown of disappointment for this Cornelius business. I'm not happy with this restaurant business for not really keeping up with their food stock even though it's still on the Burger King menu. This one Burger King business should be closed for now and moved to somewhere else where they can utilize the packages of food, otherwise this Burger King crew's completely useless.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Wish I could give 0 stars!!! Went to Burger King in Lake Charles La Store #1617 1211 Martin Luther King Hwy. (337) 329 6432. Horrible! First you have to wait cause customers are told come back in 10 or 15 mins cause they are taking a break... So the entire store on break or is there a staffing problem? Second finally you order your food fresh off the broiler and freshly cooked. Surely you have sat there long enough that you can get it your way. No!!! Wrong, cause after being told to pull up (cause you ordered freshly prepared items) "We'll bring it out to you when it's ready." You ask, "Are my nuggets fresh? "Yes ma'am. I just took them out the fryer." "You sure?" I asked. "Oh yes ma'am. I promise you." Now Mind you I ordered 4 orders of nuggets and fries with drinks. And sure enough as they have done before refried nuggets???? Pissed off is an understatement.

When you order something and ask for it YOUR WAY it SHOULD come YOUR WAY not ** what you say... That should be BK's new motto because it's exactly that way. When you treat the customers the way you do. With a smile and a lie. If you ever had fresh food before, (because not All employee's disregard customers request) you know the difference. And if you ever worked, or frequent there you know what old ones that has been sitting under the lamp is like. Yes and you know what refried (put in the grease for a quick turn to appear hot and fresh) (which actually dries out the little moisture remaining after resting under the lamps) ones are like too. Please stop underestimating people's intelligence and do the job You applied for. Please.

And if you dare call and talk to the manager you has he to argue with an employee who swears you lying because nine times out of ten they are the ones who didn't do their job! It's very sad that in hospitality they don't even know how to be hospitable. And this only happens at night after 11 pm and if you get there at 12:30 am or 1 am, "Sorry we are not taking orders. We closed until breakfast. We start taking orders at 5am." REALLY. GTHFOH.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Both Burger Kings near me, Newark and Heath Ohio stores, they are mismanaged and seem to be out of breakfast foods all the time. One week I stopped at the one in Heath and was told they were "out of croissants, ham and ice". How is it you are out of croissants for breakfast when that is your main seller? It means whoever is ordering is not doing a good job. Both stores routinely run out of ham for their breakfast sandwiches. Today I went through the Newark store and did not check my food before I left. I had asked for ham and cheese but ended up with sausage. I can go to McDonald's if I want sausage.

Neither store is busy as most people avoid them. I think I need to start avoiding them completely. I do not eat there often, when I do, I prefer their ham and cheese croissant, but out of the last 5 times I have gone, once I've been able to get ham and cheese. Today I ended up with sausage - though I asked for ham. So mismanaged. I have not eaten a Whopper in 20 years - does not sit well with me. I think I am just done for life.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

On 11-14-2018 I went to the Burger King on SW 10th in Topeka Kansas. I ordered a Triple Whopper with cheese meal with med drink, large fries. Told them, "No onion, add bacon." When I got my order it was covered in onions and tasted horrible. Staff was rude. Place was dirty. I spent almost $14. And it was a waste of my money. Every time I go to a Burger King it's not been a good experience. And always bad food.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I went into my local Everett WA Burger King in Nov 2018 to buy their $1 Chicken Nuggets. What I got was a standard chicken nuggets which appeared to have been cut in half. Very thin and had more crust than chicken. Not what they had before and NOT what they are showing in the new commercials. This is a Rip Off and False Advertising. I got three orders at the time and they were all super thin nuggets, mostly breading with a thin layer of chicken...

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I've been to my fair share of Burger King's, some good, and then there are those that are just plain horrid. Went to the one in River Falls, Wi, on a Monday night, around 6:30 pm. Went inside with my family and there was only one other customer, in the drive-through. I've worked in fast food places, many times, so I know that Drive-Thru comes first, for time reasons. We placed our order and waited a good 25 mins. Keep in mind, while we were waiting, 3 other cars showed up and 2 customers came inside. All 4 cars how have been served, and one of the inside customers while we still waited. Got our food and got out of there. Came home, which is a 5 min drive from there, and found out our order was messed up. Called in, nobody would answer.

I left a voicemail for corporate and never heard back. What was wrong with our order? All the fries were cold and hard, 2 of the sandwiches were completely messed up, and made sloppy (by this I mean you had to wipe the outside off just to grab it, without condiments all over your hands). Their chicken strips were anything but strips, and they were overcooked, you couldn't bite into them, not if you wanted to keep all of your teeth. Very displeased. I kept trying to call in, only to be hung up on 3x and told "well too bad". Know I've been assistant manager at a few places, and I would NEVER allow such service or treatment!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I went to Burger King in 2501 West Cermak Rd Chicago, IL 60608. I treat very bad just I'm homeless. I never ask anyone for money or food. I was have a $1 to buy a coffee and I was happy with that but the manager was ** girl. She embarrassed me from everyone and she treat me bad and I know they have camera and record voice at 8:30 pm in 10/18/2018. I have to be rich to go to Burger King. I don't know how they let people like her to work there but all I see with a lot of comments about Burger King. I will never recommend Burger King for no one.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I ordered drive through at 10 pm. No sauce for the nuggets was offered or included with my order. No napkins were included either. They get your money & have you - you've already driven off before you know they got you!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I just purchased a chicken salad from BK on Weston Street, Hartford. The lettuce is limp and worse than that - totally brown. What a rip off. I am really irritated because there was a McDonald's right next door and I know with their new CEO my salad would have been fresh and worth the money. Someone needs to head to Hartford!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Went to Burger King in Greentree PA. Waited forever to get served and the quality of the food was horrible. The manager of the store actually locks the doors to the dining room so no customers can come in. One of the worst experiences I have ever had at a fast food place. Would not recommend anyone to ever go to this location.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Hamburger - special 2 for $6 - Please post your complaint if you from Chattanooga, Tennessee and experience food issue with the one at 6236 Lee Highway, Chattanooga, TN. I purchase 2 sandwiches for $6 (I am sorry that I did). I went through the drive-thru and when I start eating the sandwich in the car. I got home and start getting stomach cramps, etc., one thing leads to another. I end up in the emergency room they had IVs in both of my arms, etc., I am showing 459 complaints in different states, Please post your experience.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Burger King located Wilmington, Illinois, always full flies. I go to several Burger King, unable to rate them all, because BK limited on only one survey per 14 days. Why the limit, don’t BK want know the truth. Please eliminate the free food if fill out survey.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

The breakfast coupons say no substitutions for the croissan'wich sandwiches even though there's egg on the sandwich which makes the coupon deal seem mostly unfair for me, since I "love less of" the eggs on my sandwich. I'm allergic to Burger King's eggs and any type of eggs. Can Burger King change their breakfast coupons? I would like the breakfast egg, sausage and cheese croissan'wich to be replaced with the potato crown, sausage and cheese croissan'wich. Otherwise, I will not coming back to Burger King for breakfast and I will just be leaving behind the low rating for Burger King's breakfast as the lonesome star. ☆ See you later at lunch, BK of corn town! I really do hope that you can most likely improve your coupons and make the needed readjustments for all of your customers, Burger King. Eggs give myself a sick stomach.

Burger King Company Information