2.99/5

503 Burger King Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 18, 2019

The Dollar Taco is nothing like what they show in the ad!!! There is very little to it. A think strip of meat concoction, some lettuce, cheese in a taco. When folded it's about a 1/4" in thickness, not the 2 or 3 inches they show in the TV commercials.

Original review: April 1, 2019

The french toast at Burger King was perfect. It was crunchy, warm, and soft in the inside. Experience was very good except for the biscuit on the sausage egg sandwich, but besides that everything was good and delightful for a fast food restaurant.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Burger King Copperas Cove TX. The prices went up and when I received my order the number one sandwich was flat like a pancake and cold, and also I ordered a large Coke not everything else large. I guess that explains why McDonald's was so busy.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Went to BK in Mishawaka, IN. Got there a good hour before closing with the kids. We were the only people there. Person taking order on drive through seemed irritated. Finished ordering, had a quick question about sauce. Said, 'Excuse me what sauce...' Employee interrupts and blurts out, 'Weren’t you finished ordering?' Anyway go to window to pay and pick up order. Obvious to see Staff is busy just trying to clean and get out of there. We see them handle our food with same gloves they were cleaning. I even ask them the closing time sarcastically and she said in 1 hour. Didn’t want to waste my breath with them any further. Just write here. This location, nearest to our house is really bad. Either rude incompetent staff, and or food taste is off.

Original review: March 25, 2019

On March 24, 2019 at the SPARTA, NJ location (49 Sparta Avenue), time approx. 1:20 pm EST, an employee named Natasha acted in an incredibly unprofessional manner. Total loss of self-control and threw a family member out of the store who had paid for the order. We have been patrons for over 10 years. I have filed a formal complaint with corporate offices. I expect the owner/store manager to take formal disciplinary action. I have never seen or heard of such unacceptable conduct toward patrons. Short of proactive action by management, we are going to take all available options under consideration in law and equity.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Burger King?

Original review: March 24, 2019

I recently ordered from the Burger King in Valrico Florida, on highway 60. They were running behind as usual, and an employee named Trey came out to the drive-thru line collect payment. I had ordered a Whopper value meal, and the kids meal, and the price he quoted me seemed too low. I recapped my order, and commented to him that I think he was mistaken because the price didn't seem right. He said okay, but as he walked back into the building he made a rude comment about me to the customer in front of me in line. He returned. I mentioned that I didn't appreciate his rude comment, he said nothing and started walking away, and under his breath he muttered that I should ** off.

When I heard what he said I became angry and demanded to speak with his manager. He just looked at me like a stunned deer in headlights, and I had to demand it again. As he was walking in to get his manager, I heard him say that I could eat his **. I had to wait several minutes for the manager to arrive, only to be given the most apathetic and uncaring attitude I could have possibly received. After getting my card back, and proof that my order has been voided I went to leave, and the manager accused me of being rude because I didn't tell her to have a nice day. I contacted Burger King corporate and explained my issue, and asked for follow up. It has been nearly a week, and I have not received any follow-up from anyone at Burger King. This really helped me make a necessary decision, which is to never eat any of their garbage food ever again. There's a reason that they can't compete in this market oh, and that is it.

Original review: March 22, 2019

1727 E Platte Ave. Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - The worst customer service I have ever received. Will never eat there after they couldn't even do my order. When it was time didn't want to fix me eggs. That's fine and breakfast time. That's okay. We have Jack in the Box Down the Street Belpre fill our orders like we like them.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Had to repeat my drive thru order three times, in the speaker I heard laughing, "what the crap" and the "** bomb". Asked for a manager at the window, A bouncing young blonde girl with a ponytail and glasses stated that she was a manager, followed by a giggle. Then she said, "know what you can just leave," and slammed the window closed. I am a store manager just a few blocks away, I will no longer be giving Burger King my business. If one of my employees treated a customer the way I was treated at Burger King they would be immediately fired. So sad to just want lunch and be treated that way. Called corporate, and requested a call back, still waiting. 3/16/2019. 11:32 AM. SO DISAPPOINTED!!! I WONDER IF THIS HAPPENS OFTEN?

Original review: March 14, 2019

Trashy workers, who talk like they're not educated. Laughed after I showed them the issue. Attitude from the moment I pulled up to the drive thru. Completely disrespectful. Manager showed no concern about the issue. Ruined my appetite. Not wearing sanitizing gloves while handling food. Does not deserve even 1 star on this review. So disgusted, that I told them not to make me another burger and to keep my money. This will be the last time I give Burger King any service. Complete trash all around.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I visited Burger King in Accra Ghana (airport city branch) on the 17th February 2019. I am so disappointed the time wasted to drive such a distance only to get such a bad meal, my 2nd visit the Whopper was cold inside and the 3rd visit on 17/2/19 I ordered Whopper with cheese. Never again. How disappointing, the burger was lukewarm, it was runner tomatoes, cold cheese, overrun with mayo. Just GROSS. I had to bin it, DISGUSTING Burger King experience ever. I must say the meals in Africa (Ghana) is overpriced. A lot of people in Ghana don't earn such money to buy Burger King meals.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I will never again eat at Burger King. Instead of Burger King it should be called Burger Joker. Every time I order they can never get my meal right, and I'm not ordering a special burger. It is usually something that is on the menu. So I order a #5 Sourdough King burger meal and it has some kinda sauce, bacon, onion, and cheese. Didn't get any at all of the bacon. Half of a onion was on it. And a long black hair right in the middle of it. Now stupid me I should have checked before I left. Burger King you are the worst fast food out there.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I had just placed our 3rd order of the night within a 45 min span. The manager of the shift walked up to my wife and I and said we had made a mess (usual wrappers as any couple that eats fast food...) then she said we had to leave and she was calling the cops... I cleaned up our food wrappers and cups, wiped down the table and left. My girlfriends has had numerous occasions of discrimination from this particular BK#13284. She is a pretty ** woman and it has always been from a worker of Latin descent. Of Which all the men and women are of that race. I am not racist but this is very evident that they only hire their own race. I've never once in 5 years, seen an asian, ** etc. Work here. I believe this seriously needs to be looked into. Could you help address this or direct me to a service that will. I'm thinking the BBB. Thank you and have a blessed week.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

What happened to the good ole days when Whoppers were hot? Now they are just Luke warm. So I won't waste any of my money on cold hamburgers. Use to love Whoppers and Jr Whoppers but they have gotten worst over time.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

This is the last time for me. Never again will I look at another Whopper. What a joke. It will never get better. The picture is of it is the opposite you get. Look like again someone sat on it. One slice of tomato, piece of lettuce the size of silver dollar. And overrun with mayo. Brought it home to eat thru it out. You're the worst burger joint going. Three strikes and you're out

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I was in the Newton IA Burger King on February 7. It was not clean. It was gross, disgusting. We had Gnats flying around us while we were eating. The food was gross tasted wrong. Very disappointed in Burger King.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

On holiday from London, first visit to this location (East Hallandale Beach) on 5th Feb 2019. On entering faced with sticky wet floors and the table looked like a war had taken place! It was 6:04pm, only 2 customers seated, however they were at window tables as the central area was dirty. The staff appeared limited behind the counter and the young lady serving appeared to look as though she wanted to be somewhere else! Her attempt at cleaning the area comprised of putting chairs under tables and returning to the counter. I have since been told customer service at that branch has not changed in a number of years.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

We order funnel fries. Got them and there was hair on them. Told the clerk, took them back and gave us a new order. Open them up and guess what? There was a hair on them again. Open are other box and a hair on them. Three boxes of funnel fries and had hair on them. Was a waste of money because we didn't eat any of the food we order. The hair on the funnel fries made us sick. Like to eat at the Burger King but will not go to that one. They need to look into that one. No hair nets, hair flying all over. And very rude. Also the tables were dirty. The manager should have made them keep it clean. I was very sad to see a new place like that so dirty. The address of it is 11953 Holly St Thornton Colorado 80233. I will let my friends know about it. Sorry to see such bad service. I also will let my friend know who works for BBB.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

On 1/31/19 (10:20 p.m.), I experienced the worst customer service ever at BURGER KING store # 2422 (3933 Bladensburg Road Colmar Manor Maryland 20722)- (301-779-6022). This is NOT the first time but it will be the last and final! I have decided to no longer waste my money with this company again! Instead of giving them yet another chance (I've given them 10) and wasting my hard earned money on people who clearly don't appreciate the fact that they have a job, who lack the common sense, customer service skills needed to work at BURGER KING (which is not much - it's NOT rocket science), who seem like they don't want to be at work doing the WORK REQUIRED of a BURGER KING employee and last but certainly NOT least, who don't realize or acknowledge the fact that MY MONEY is helping to keep this dwindling chain in business!

THE COMPLAINT: We approached the drive thru pausing to decide which one of our many coupons to use. While waiting we observed 2 employees preparing to take the trash out of the store to the dumpster located near the drive thru, which had us questioning whether the store was open because it was about 10:20 p.m. and the sign on the store states closing time is MIDNIGHT. We proceed to the drive thru to place our order and wait, with no acknowledgement of our arrival, we said "Hello" several times with no response. Meanwhile I see the 2 employees who were removing the trash appear to be telling the employees inside that there is a drive thru customer... Still no response, we drive up to the payment window and see NO ONE IN SIGHT... The horn is honked a few times as well as saying "Hello", NO RESPONSE.

We pull up just past the payment window and clearly see a female standing right next to the counter as if she's hiding, still NOT acknowledging our presence (we later find out this is ** - or at least that's what the receipt that we are given states because she was NOT wearing a name tag). At this angle we clearly see that there are additional employees in the store. A male employee wearing a uniform was pulling up his pants as he came from around the corner! Unbelievable how NOT ONE of them heard us at the drive thru!

We then drove to the front of the store and could CLEARLY SEE several employees just standing around NOT doing anything. When we asked through the door if they were open, we were reluctantly told "yes" and proceeded to the drive thru AGAIN. Knowing that we were on our way to place the order the female employee clearly had a NASTY ATTITUDE which was quite clear by the way she spoke to us when placing the order. Her tone was very RUDE & NASTY! Again this store doesn't close until MIDNIGHT, by this time it was about 10:30, what's the problem?! The person who placed the order is ALWAYS NICE & POLITE, and remained so by calling this person taking the order ma'am, as well as saying please and thank you! She clearly did not care or want to take this order.

I would also like to add that we were the ONLY people there, so it's not like they had a long line of customers that were tiring them out, JUST ONE CAR (US)! When we get to the payment window, there is no one there. After a few minutes the employee (**) slams 2 drinks on the counter without acknowledging us and leaves again! She comes back, hands us the drinks and gives us the total speaking VERY RUDELY, clearly not wanting to be bothered!

We used coupons, one coupon was for the double cheeseburger, fry, drink meal. We thought the other coupon used was for 2 bacon double cheeseburger, 2 fry, 2 drinks meal. When questioned she RUDELY RESPONDED that the 2 bacon double cheeseburger meal comes with only 1 fry and 1 drink... The order we received was a 1 cold cheeseburger, 2 cold bacon cheeseburgers & 1 cold fry... She was POLITELY informed that the order was incorrect, again with an ATTITUDE, she then tried to explain that the coupon used for the bacon DOUBLE cheeseburgers was for REGULAR BACON CHEESEBURGERS, then she snatched the single cheeseburger and added an extra patty to it for the double cheeseburger.

She took the COLD fries back (after we had to ASK for HOT fries plus the additional fry that was missing from the DOUBLE CHEESEBURGER MEAL) and gave us NUKED FRIES! No apologies, no thank you for your business. Something needs to be done about the way this store conducts business and the mistreatment of customers who are keeping them in business! FORCED TO GIVE A STAR RATING TO POST THIS!!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

On Jan 12, 2019 I came in to the Burger King on Higley just north of Baseline, only to find the place filthy. I thought of calling the Health Department but instead am telling you directly. I approached the clerk and asked if they could clean up the drink prep area as "it is horrific." There were dirty tables that never got cleaned while I was there and as we left, we discovered that the rim of the wastebasket was surrounded by ketchup. Ugh. The clerk did clean up the drink prep area but no one came out to wipe tables or pick up trays at the wastebasket or they might have seen the ketchup. The food was good and if I return to that specific BK, I hope you will have passed along their need to be diligent about cleanliness throughout the restaurant.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

It improve inside by being more clean and the staff are nice to speak to. I had a issue that was solve to my liking. The prices are very good. I would recommend this Burger King to anyone in the area and my family.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Tired from driving a long way we pulled off the interstate to go to this unfamiliar Burger King in Ruskin, FL. #6871. My Whopper Junior was served at room temperature! It being rush hour that seemed unreasonable. Service by Penny was proficient but not outstanding. Facility was clean. Tea dispensers had no labels, just "sw" and "un" scribbled in pencil directly onto the containers in small print.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Burger King store number 6207 on Salem Rd. in Conyers GA is TERRIBLE. Every time I go I always get onion rings instead of fries and it’s always a problem. They are either cold, burnt or today burnt and taste like bad cooking oil or something a bad gas line or something. I will not be going back! Drink machine is always broken and most of staff are Hispanic and speaking Spanish!!! TERRIBLE all around!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

1/6/2019 1701 SE 17th St. Causeway, Fort Lauderdale, FL - Irate, Out of control and Disrespectful employee! 1701 SE 17th St. Cswy, Ft Lauderdale, Fl 1:32 aprox. Just left there due to employee screaming every curse word in the book from the front register to the back of the restaurant directed to fellow employees. Couldn't give the cashier my order due to the employee screaming so loud endlessly and using the GD, **, every word in the book, cussing and screaming.

I asked her to please stop the language while I was in line. She replied: "I ain't stopping ** everyone ** cusses." She went on for over 3 minutes. I said, "No, not everyone, and especially in a restaurant with patrons and children." She started cussing again and said "All kids use cusswords" and went back to cussing. I waited for an apology and she said "If you don't like it you can go someplace else." I said; "GREAT IDEA! I will go to the McDonalds!!! They respect their customers!!!" I asked the cashier his name and he said "I didn't do anything." I said "Correct, you were trying to take my order while she was screaming obscenities at the other employees in the back; so when management asks me I can tell them you were trying to help but couldn't hear me."

The employee, still cussing then said "She can't get me in trouble; she don't know my name." I said "Correct again! I don't know your name." (I wanted to clue her in that people don't need names when they have video- video doesn't lie.) I looked at her hand to make sure she didn't have a knife. Pretty scary! She actually followed me out. Maybe I don't have your name but there are plenty of ways to ID you! You never know; I could have 10 pictures of you because you were, in uniform, walking outside still cussing! Be careful miss "She don't know my name"! You never know who’s running their phone video. She was too loud and disrespectful to notice! Talk about road rage? She was definitely Employee Rage!

Be careful workers! You never know when corporate will send in a mystery shopper! Unless of course you don't care to be fired and you have lots of money to go take your foul mouth elsewhere! No ethics, no morals, no respect, no business savvy! If you have a problem with your peers you need to keep it in the back office, better yet write a letter! You don't scream every curse word in the book from the front to the back; especially at your peers; especially on the job in front of paying customers!

YOU lost over 50.00 just in that order alone. Maybe even more after I told people coming in that you were out of control and I was afraid for my life! So to the girl who loves to cuss -- who do you think pays your paycheck? Nope, not the peers you were cussing at but your customers!!! Hello!!! NEWSFLASH! I will never go back unless I have confirmation she is fired!

Advice: I certainly would not take your children there if you are raising them with moral standards and respect for others. FYI, employee: Damn is not God's last name! Don't know where the manager was but I pray the irate, disrespectful employee wasn't the manager. Back in the day one word like that would have meant immediate termination; where was the store manager? BAD BIZ!!! Does corporate ever read these? Would have rated zero but site only allows 1-5 stars.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I ordered a crispy chicken sandwich meal from a Burger King in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico. I was starving after running errands all day with my babies & they were super excited to get their kid's meal. After leaving the drive-thru, I quickly unwrapped my sandwich bit into it. I thought it tasted funny & mushy but I thought it was a tomato. I ate a couple more bites & then pulled over to take off what I thought were “extra tomatoes.” To my absolute horror I discovered that I was eating a completely raw chicken sandwich. I immediately drove back to the Burger King & showed the employees my sandwich. A manager came & gave me my money back. Although I understand that these things are not unheard of & I wouldn’t feel good about getting someone fired from their job, I will never eat at any Burger King facility again & it will be a very long time before I eat out at any restaurant, especially fast food. This was truly a sickening experience.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Stopped at Burger King in Franklin, LA to get my son a burger for lunch. I specified 2 Value menu cheeseburgers with no mustard, no ketchup, and no onion, an order of fries and a Med Dr. Pepper. We paid and drove off. My son opened one of the burgers and took a big bite only to have mustard and ketchup ooze out. The french fries were horrible also. They tasted like they had been fried in oil with chicken. I went back and told the cashier the burgers were not right and the fries were not good.

She proceeded to start counting my money back without even asking if we wanted the order replaced. She asked for the Dr. Pepper back which we gladly gave back to her. I could not even believe how rude she was acting so I told her to not worry because I would never come back. To that she and another employee in the background wave to me and say "BYYYEEE." HOW RUDE IS THAT??? I am a 68 year old senior citizen and I have never witnessed such rudeness from a person working in the public service industry. Trust me, I will never patronize that Burger King again.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I would like the share my most recent and final visit to the Burger King Located at 2391 Coastal Grand Cir, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 on August 11th, 2018. I arrived at the drive through and placed my order. Upon completing my order and arriving at the drive-through window, I realized that I forgot to add an extra orange juice. I asked the store employee if I may add one to my order. She rudely replied: "What do you want"? I was a little shocked, as I have frequented that location countless times. I added the extra orange juice and was asked to pull past the window for the remainder my order. When another employee exited the location, I expressed my displeasure with the employee who took my order.

I then asked if the manager would be able to step out and speak to me for a moment. I was told that the manager was busy at the moment. I contacted Burger King Corporate Office a few days later and reported the situation. I requested the store manager/franchise owner contact me via telephone. I never received a phone call from either of the requested points of contact. Needless to say, I will never conduct business with that establishment again! It is sad that some businesses do not pride themselves on being customer friendly. As a YouTube Video Creator, reputation means more than anything these days...

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I just love the food, I always get a Whopper and a Hershey pie every time I go I get that. Their food is better and different from like McDonald's or Wendy's. Burger King is the only acceptable fast food burger chain. It's in their name, Burger King.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I love chicken nuggets and Burger King's nuggets are my favorite. The service is good enough, especially when they don't forget my ranch, which is very few times so it's still enjoyable. And I usually have leftover ranch from previous trips stored in my fridge so it's ok.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

9105 Bergenline Ave North Bergen NJ 07047. December 15, 2018 4:15 pm - 4:45 pm. I have never seen such disorganized, dirty and careless employees like this at any other Burger King. My complaint is not about the food, but rather about the employees, No glove usage is absolutely unacceptable, in my opinion. A woman I believe to be named "**", with glasses and a visor on, was touching/scratching her head and mouth, then touching part(s) of the food. The French Fries I ordered were grabbed from the top by **, who was not wearing gloves, therefore her palms touched the fries.

The cashier was touching the dirty money, and then she was holding the paper bag, but when she tried to open the paper bag, she put her dirty hands completely inside. In my opinion, they are improperly trained people and they do not care about the health of their customers. Looks to me that they are being lazy and putting no effort to their job.

There was also a male, who looked like he had just finished his shift. He was inside the kitchen with a backpack on and a jacket on. He was waiting for his food, but he was near another serving of food. He was rather close, and he was vigorously and continuously scratching his head on top of the serving. In my opinion, Burger King should pay attention to their employees' training. They should make sure that their employees look presentable and are clean.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

After waiting in drive-thru for 10 minutes, I get my food and the order is messed up. I ordered a fish sandwich with cheese, mayo, lettuce, tomato and pickle and when I opened it it had male tomato. I gave it back to him. The girl gave me a slice of cheese and a container. I was extremely upset so I gave her back the food and I ask for full refund. The guy came over to the window and handed me my money and say, "You have a good night."

Burger King Company Information