1.68/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Burger King

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 16, 2017

424 Burger King Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

We were coming from Willits Ca coming back to our hometown escaping the fire from Santa Rosa coming back from that area. 2 BBQ bacon kings, 2 small fries and 2 small drinks, my son is 13 so as a mom would do, he ate his burger and I did not as mine was not in the bag. We were not in any hurry but 1 burger was missing. The young children working, need to pay attention at what they are doing especially in these hard times.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

So first let me say that I have never had a bad experience with any Burger King employee or restaurant prior to this experience and this review is about 1 employee at one Burger King location on S. Hwy 97 in Bend, Oregon. Bend Police can verify that this incident actually occurred on Saturday, October 14th, 2017.

So my roommate and I like to get the 2 croissant's for $4 deal at least once a week, almost always bringing them home to eat rather than eating in the restaurant. My roommate is unable to eat sausage as it tears his stomach up so we always order bacon/egg/cheese croissants, 2 each. So I make the run to get our breakfast yesterday, ordered 4 bacon, egg and cheese croissants, pay my $8.00 and go home. (By the way, I went into the restaurant because the drive-thru was blocked off. They said that because of the freezing cold the speaker didn't work and the menu board got water in it and the glass was frosted over and that "the company doesn't want to fix it." OK well this is not the purpose of this review, it's just another thing I thought was interesting.)

So anyway, when I get home we get ready to microwave the sandwiches and discover that they gave us 4 SAUSAGE, egg and cheese croissants, not bacon! Well my roommate flips out because this is not the first time this has happened (lesson learned, check your order before you leave the restaurant). This is where it starts to get good. So my roommate calls the restaurant and speaks to the "manager" and asks what is going on down there because this is the 2nd time they've screwed up his order. The "manager" then tells him he is lying, etc. so my roommate says, "I'll be there in 5 minutes." To which she shouts at him over the phone, "Bring it mother **!"

So now he's really pissed. I decline to go with him because I try to avoid confrontation. He goes down there and walks in the restaurant and tries to hand the "manager" his messed up order. Now keep in mind that the receipt is in the bag, proving what we ordered, and his 2 sandwiches are in the bag, proving that what they gave us is not what we ordered. She throws the bag of food back at him without even looking in the bag and tells him to, "Get out of my store!" He says "I'm not leaving without either my food or my money!" Meanwhile about 20 customers are watching this whole exchange, probably wishing Burger King sold popcorn. :)

So she says she is going to call the police, my roommate says, "Please do." So she does. When the police show up my roommate goes outside to explain the situation to the cop and the cop has to go into the restaurant to get him his refund. Then the "manager" has the gall to have the police issue an "no trespassing" order so my roommate can never go back on-site or he will be arrested. So instead of saying "We apologize for getting your order wrong, let me replace it for you," and possibly even giving it to him for free, she calls him a liar, calls him a "mother **", calls the police on him, and has him issued a "no trespassing" order!

Why? Because she did not want to admit they screwed up, would not even look at the proof that they screwed up, and immediately went on the offensive when asked to make it right. How does a young "lady" like this end up getting to be a "manager" of a customer service business in the first place? She should be immediately fired and never be allowed to work in any type of customer service type industry ever again, at least until she gets lots of counseling.

So when my roommate gets home he tells me what went down at the restaurant and I'm even more appalled than I was when I heard her say, "Bring it mother **." So we called Burger King's toll free customer service number and report the incident to corporate and they are currently investigating the incident. I will be appalled if she doesn't at least lose her job. I feel that Burger King owes my roommate a bunch of free food as well, along with, of course, having the "no trespassing" order removed.

I work in the customer service industry and I have never heard of anything so downright egregious as the actions of this young "lady" and thought people might want to read about how one bad employee can severely damage a large company's reputation. I guess if you only pay someone minimum wage you can't expect them to be particularly intelligent or a good employee. Thanks for taking the time to read this review. Now I gotta see if I can put this on Yelp! as well.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I went to Burger King in Festival Park Stoke on Trent and the service was crap. The girl spent more time talking to her co-workers than paying attention to what she was doing... I paid her and then got the food pasted to me. Well threw to me... Me and my partner had a chill burger. Well what was meant to be a chill burger. There was nothing chill about it... it was crap. The meal was like a bloody kid's happy meal too. Really disappointed. I will never go back to any Burger King.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

So me and my friends were in a hurry to get our food at Burger King. So we wanted to do 3 separate orders through the window and they said no because they are not allowed to do that. We weren't gonna drive 30 minutes to another Burgerking. So we were like, "Screw it." and then left.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

When I want a decent burger close to home, Burger King does meet my expectation. Great that I can get a junior size when I'm not too hungry. Fries are also pretty good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Burger King?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

Attention must be paid to the speakers at the order site. The employee taking the order must be friendly, polite and on top of his/her game, always. At some locations, when you look into the pickup window, the floors are filthy.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I like the fact that you can get a burger at 9 am if you want. Cause I'm up early and having to wait until 11am for lunch is ridiculous. Plus the fact that if you want a cheeseburger without ketchup (which I do) you can get that. They don't give you a hard time.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

My minor child is employed by the Burger King on the corner of Hwy 274 and 557 in lake Wylie sc 29710. At least once a week my child has been complaining that a manager named ** has been cussing at the minor staff. Since when is an adult allowed to curse at other people's minor children. I will be telling everyone I know.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Good food done right. You can custom order everything to make your food items exactly as you want them. The jingle used to say "Special orders don't upset us, have it your way at Burger King".

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I love the fact I can watch them make my food and I can have it any way I want (also great onion rings). I have never been to a restaurant where the employees are very nice to each other. Even when someone is getting in trouble they are very polite to each other, at first it was kinda weird. My only complaint is that they don't microwave my cheese and they put the cheese on the bottom bun under the meat. I promise it does taste different. Also, condiments are suppose to go on top of the cheese.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

The Burger Kings that I have been to, have been consistent on quality of food. My favorite one always gives more fries, they just dump the rest of what's in the tray in my bag for the to-go bag I always get. They make it fresh, I can see them cooking in the back. You can add bacon, take out the tomato, anything. They remember me, I only go once a month or so. They are really very nice.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

The server did not acknowledge me when I finally pulled up to her window, she looked at me and stated what I owed, she took my money, handed me my drink and then turned her back to me and started speaking to her co workers that were working in the food prep area. She spoke loudly and was not concerned with what she said while I waited for my food. She then handed me a bag with my hamburger in it, she did not say thank you or have a good day - in fact she appeared bothered that she had to do her job. The hamburger was only warm not hot, it tasted okay. Not the best I have had with other Burger King Restaurants in my area. I was disappointed with the wait after I placed my order. It's called fast food however I do not think they understand that. I will not give my business to this particular Burger King in the future which may not mean a lot to the owner(s) but it means a lot to me.

Original review: July 20, 2017

Morning Star Veggie Burger - They gave me a veggie burger, but the Morning Star Patties were missing. They gave me lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles. They charged me $3.99 instead of the normal $4.99, but I was very much charged too much for just some slices of garden vegetables. I complained to Burger King and am going to review Burger King on my Youtube Channel.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I went to the Burger King 1735 Washington Blvd, Baltimore Md. I usually go every morning. I happened to get a croissan'wich meal and asked to upgrade my drink to a large soda. First, when I pulled up to the window, I asked the lady why was the meal so high. They asked me what I ordered and I told them I was told because I ordered a large drink. I said "the meal is only $3.49. How much was the drink?" The lady said "you pay full price for your drink." I said "that was $3?" She said yes. I said "well can I get the size that come with it?" Was told that it was coffee. I said "you can't substitute?" "Sure but you will pay full price for whatever you decide to get."

Now the manager is at the window. I asked him "since when you cannot upgrade your drink. I have been upgrading my drink." I also told him that I worked for Burger King for more than 10 yrs and never heard of such and that you can cancel my order... As I pulled away and I started looking at old receipts I noticed that I have been charged several time for full price drinks even on a value meal... I think this I poor practice for this particular Burger King and they will not receive my business any longer.

Original review: July 2, 2017

My name is Chau **. In the morning of 06/30/17 around 8:xx am or 9:xx am, when placing order for morning breakfast for my two kids at McDonald's on Stockton Blvd./Florin, I was told by Keona that she no longer accept discount coupons. I told her "How come?" I have been customers for a long time already. Then she call me ** which later on was denied by her because I was complaining to another guy that worked there that "why are you calling me **?" She said that she never call me ** and the guy that worked there walked nearby window said "I do not want you (which is me) to come here at this location again at Burger King on Stockton Blvd./Florin. So go somewhere else." So I went to different place.

I think whoever the owner hired a very poor, immature employees serving as customer service at drive thru window. She used foul language on me which I did not do anything to her. No receipt was made. Discount coupon was tear in 1/2. I've never complain on any fast food place before, but today is my first complain at Burger King fast food drive thru at Stockton Blvd./Florin Rd. Location.

Original review: June 30, 2017

I went to Greenwood, MS Burger King and placed an order for Whopper meal and had a coupon for free Whopper with the purchase of a Whopper and was told that could not use the coupon for this as Whopper has to be purchased by itself although one is purchased in meal. Still ended up purchasing a Whopper meal and had to purchase 2 separate Whoppers just to use coupons when a Whopper is already in the meal. Tried to explain this to the manager but to no avail.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I wish I still had my receipt for our visit this last Friday 6/33/17 at the Burger King on North College Ave in Fort Collins, CO. I think I'll send the corporate office my medical bills since I had to go to the Urgent Care clinic in order to get treated for SEVERE FOOD POISONING. I know it's from this meal because the rest of my group complained of stomach issues as well and we all had the same food. I just got it worse than anyone else. FIVE FREAKING DAYS OF DIARRHEA!!! I'm on antibiotics now too because it became so severe. FIVE DAYS. Freaking disgusting. I've lost two days of work too, so you owe me that as well!!! That's $320 alone. Plus the medical expenses and emotional distress from having to be in the bathroom ALL the time!!!

Original review: June 28, 2017

I visited Restaurant #: 4415 on May 26 and had to wait 35 minutes by the time I placed my order and when I finally got my food and change. I wouldn't have minded except for the facts that there was only one car ahead me and no cars behind me. It was after hours and not during a lunch or breakfast rush. While I was waiting I was promised the world by the guest relations rep as I was documenting live my experience over my cell phone in my car while waiting. When I didn't get my free coupon I followed up and the first rep lied and didn't take my information. On the 3rd call, the rep claimed to take my information but it wasn't until a 4th call I got an email. I even wrote a heartfelt letter to the CEO in Miami and got no response.

I got a garbled phone message from some "district manager" with no callback. This happened over a month ago and BK doesn't seem to care and I'm still waiting for my promised meal coupon to arrive. The last email said I was only getting a Whopper Coupon but I was promised on 3 separate occasions I was getting a free meal.

Original review: June 26, 2017

I was with my husband talking after having two Whoppers. I heard a woman cursing in Spanish (I know because I speak the language), and they were trying to make her stop but she continue shouting. Very uncomfortable situation for us as clients. We didn't now how to get out and looking at their faces, do wait a little bit more and left after we saw a female employee (the one that took our order) going out the door.

Original review: June 26, 2017

Walked into a Burger King store on highway 50 (Cortez Blvd) and was there to simply say hello to my female friend and order food. Before I could explain I was going to order food I was told by the manager (I'm assuming) to leave the restaurant and I was not allowed to say hello to her. I do not think this is proper customer service.

Original review: June 19, 2017

On the way home from spending Father's Day at the beach with our kids, we went through a Burger King drive thru for lunch. When we arrived at home and began to eat, I was appalled to see the rarest raw ground beef in my double cheeseburger after I had already taken a bite! I was scared that my son's cheeseburgers were raw as well! My husband's Whopper Jr. 3 pieces of whittled lettuce, no ketchup and no mustard! I am very disappointed with the quality of the food recently. I hope I do not get sick!

Original review: June 11, 2017

The Burger King at McAuthur and Ramsey in Fayetteville, NC has the worst service I have ever had at any establishment. I just waited 30 minutes for a very simple order. The staff seemed to have a very difficult time reading the screens (the cooks not the register people). The manager did not seem to be too awfully concerned that the drive thru and front desk were behind. Adding insult to injury, our orders were incorrect after the wait.

Original review: June 4, 2017

Goop hanging from the ceiling as we are trying to eat. Very very disturbing in the play place where my kids are playing. No one has cleaned it up and it has started to mold. I do not feel that my kids are in a safe place anymore.

Original review: May 29, 2017

Quick ordering and receiving food. I had the crispy chicken bacon cheese ranch and the Mac-n- Cheetos. The chicken in the sandwich was totally tasteless. The same with the mac-n-cheetos. I think it's because both were overcooked. I feel it was a total waste of $8.88. I don't see stopping at BK in my future. I was really disappointed with this meal.

Original review: May 24, 2017

I sent in a complaint about a Burger King Restaurant experience to the BK survey and the response I received that in as much called me a liar. This is most unprofessional in my professional and business owner experience opinion. I am imagining that enough complaints about Ms. ** might just make it to a corporate office of Burger King and force her to acknowledge some of her problems.

While visiting your store, my wife and I both witnessed a worker standing on the stainless steel drink counter (where one would put his food tray or drink) to fill the ice reservoir in the soda machine. After this we watched to see if the counter would be cleaned and it did not get cleaned. I would never take my food tray to the bathroom and set it on the floor, but that is what someone standing on the counter is like. We found this to be a disgusting act and request a response to tell us how we can be insured of clean counters throughout the restaurant. Please tell us that the rest of the store is not this treated with this type of filth.

Facts: Burger King #5462. Date: May 20. Time: 12:18 pm. My wife and I are not ones to make up stories, we have better things to do with our time. We certainly thought that this would receive an apology and not in any way imply that we are embellishing or lying. Before we left we went to the counter and saw the shoe/footprint on the counter and there were others that saw it happen. Amazing really! I suppose this is what we get for dining at a quick stop like BK. We will share our experience with everyone we meet and we know many people in this area. We did not take pictures nor did we video anything. Upon departing we noticed a sign on the door, no picture or video taking while in restaurant. We had to laugh at that - now we understand why.

Original review: May 11, 2017

Awful Service. Food was unbelievably terrible. I ordered 2 Whoppers with cheese and no pickles, no onions and onion rings. The onion rings tasted like they were cooked and then refried in oil a second time to reheat them, an overcooked taste that was horrible. Both Whoppers came with no cheese, pickles and onions, both items I asked to have removed and cheese I paid to have was not on either burger. To review them online you need a receipt which they never gave to me. They didn't hand me it with my cash returned or place it in the bag with my food. When I got to the window and repeated my special order to make sure they got it right they all agreed that it was correct. I shouldn't have believed them and should have checked the whoppers in the parking lot before going home but I believed them and checked them when I got home.

The Whoppers were the worst I have ever eaten. The bread was flat like someone stomped on it. The lettuce was super old and flat like it had been cooked. I didn't receive any tomatoes. I paid for cheese and didn't receive any. What more could they screw up? The onion rings tasted like all filler and no onions. They were so awful after tasting like they had been cooked twice to reheat them. I would never ever go to this location again and might never ever go to Burger King and pay this amount of money for terrible food.

It wasn't like a year or so ago when the bun was thick and fresh, lettuce was thick and crunchy, tomato was thick, cheese you paid for was on the burger and requested items to be left off were actually left off and onion rings tasted like onion rings. I don't know if this is about how bad Burger King has gotten or about how bad this location is managed. I hope someone will make changes to the management so this location can be improved. The food shouldn't taste this terrible.

Original review: May 10, 2017

When we drove up to the drive up to the window to make an order the person working said that they were short staffed and was not accepting orders at this time. The staff did not ask us to wait, just said that they were not taking orders. We left and went to Taco John's!!

Original review: May 8, 2017

At the Burger King #10764 937 U.S. Hwy. 90E Bayou Vista, LA Burger King there is a lady name ** with the most bubbly attitude towards customers. Very well mannered, very polite, always with a smile greeting the customers at the intercom taking the orders and reading them back and when you get to the window she is awesome with a smile. She cares about the customers and tend to them very well for their food and such. People needs to learn from her because THAT'S what we need to make things smoothly. Glad they hired her and hope she stays there. Thank you **. You are AWESOME.

Original review: May 4, 2017

I went thru the drive thru with my family and ordered everyone's food. It took over twenty minutes to get our food. And then I ordered an original chicken sandwich with spicy sauce on it. And when we finally received our food they gave me a Spicy Chicken Jr. which I didn't order. So I took it back in, told the lady what I ordered. She didn't even care to hear what I ordered. She just grabbed the old sandwich. Went back and made me the same sandwich that I just handed her a few minutes ago. IDK who she was but she was the manager for first shift. Burger King is one of our favorite places to go eat for fast food. But I will never ever go back to this location in Tipton, Indiana. Very unsatisfied and the lady was very rude.

Original review: April 27, 2017

I went to the Burger King on 5141 Ave H Rosenberg, TX 77471 on 4/26/17 after my kids came from a Skeeters baseball game around 9 pm. I ordered 2 chicken sandwiches and both of them was raw chicken. I tried calling the number on the receipt and it was to a Steve and Nancy and not Burger King. The number online is disconnected. I am unable to go to the actual store because I don't have a car at the moment and is truly upset and disgusted.

Burger King Company Information