1.22/5
Based on 49 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

452 Burger King Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 1, 2018

I placed a order in the drive thru 11:45 pm. I spent 22.43. I asked for my sandwiches off the broiler. I live 3 mins away and my food was cold and old. I called and the night manager was rude and hung up on me twice. I will never eat at that location again and I will be requesting my money back. I went to 3994 Pleasantdale Atlanta GA 30340 store number 4939.

Original review: May 26, 2018

This place has the worst customer service, well there is a guy name Axel taking orders. He took my daughter's order. As I got to the register the manager Maria I believe that is her name started to ring up an employee's order which I thought was rude since they were people in line. Anyway she rang him up but he went in the back so here we are waiting for this employee to come back to pay and Axel and Maria were laughing cause we waited a long time to get our order taken, now he comes pay and no apologies from the manager or the employee.

So we got our order and sat down. My daughter want some onion rings so she stands behind a man which he has been waiting a while. He got mad and left without ordering, so my daughter is standing there for about 5 minutes and no one is taking her order and the manager was at the register so I go and ask her what is going on. "Someone just left. Why was it taking so long to order", all she did was point at her tablet, like I knew what that meant, I told her you have 3 other registers, again no apologies for the wait.

Finally got her onion rings, while we were sitting there about 5 people came in and there was no one at the register and they were again waiting for a long time. Everyone disappeared in the back then the young lady who was bagging and traying the food went to the register, took some order then called in the back for someone to come up front, she was really the only one working. I did not get her name but she was a young ** and chubby not fat just chubby sorry but that's the only way I can describe her (no offense). Then they have all these druggies come in there asking for money and there was a lady crawling on the floor. I will never ever ever go to this place anymore. Management think customer service is a joke and she has the nerves to laugh in your face. I use to love this BK but not now. Sorry you lost a customer.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 25, 2018

As a former employee and a customer I'm very irritated at the lack of customer service of several Burger Kings in the Laurel Area. Today, I visited the one at 3359 Corridor Marketplace and my order which was 1 caramel sundae, 1 plain ice cream cup and an apple pie was placed correctly however once we drove up to the next window we were given an ice cream cone along with the sundae and pie. When my boyfriend asked for his in the cup this chick slapped it in the cup and never asked him if he would like it that way. Then I took my top off of the sundae. It was made sloppy and spilled out onto my clothes. That's poor customer service and just outright ridiculous.

My experience at the other ones weren't no better when one morning I ordered two coffees and was given 1 hot and 1 cold. Or you wait on your food for almost 30 mins. When pulling up to the speaker you get attitude not even a polite greeting. I know this during the years I worked there back in the day if you treated customers wrong, management wouldn't have a problem firing you. This new day and age mess is what's wrong in the world today. As for me, I will not continue to spend my money for poor service!

Original review: May 24, 2018

So my husband and I wanted to grab a quick late lunch. Since we didn't have much time we decided to stop by Burger King in West Des Moines #114, Iowa, I decided not to have anything as my husband was ordering his but changed my mind and decided to order a small burger, the cashier seemed so tired to take my order and my husband had to apologize to him which I didn't understand why yet we were paying for the food.

There was no other customers all this time and we overheard the cashier tell the other guy they 'want another burger again' which the other guy replied 'what, again! Are they trying to make my life difficult,' we overheard the conversation and my husband asked if he could speak with the manager. The manager was very rude and stated that the guy was just joking and we should stop giving him flack (**), all this time my husband was telling the manager how unprofessional it is for an employee to make such a comment. He went ahead and told my husband that he would throw us out of his store if he yells which my husband wasn't all this time.

After we went down to sit we could hear other employees laugh as almost all of them come in the front as if to check who we were. That was the most awful and unprofessional thing I have ever experienced, very rude cashier who seemed tired to take a second order, to a back employee making a rude comment to a manager saying we were giving him **.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I bought a BOGO burger value of $4 from a Burger King store in Corpus Christi in March 2018, and they charged me over $17. They did not give me receipt to see how much I am charged. I called BK customer service more than 10 times. Unfortunately they did not take care at all. They do not take care of customer and I am overpaid $13 for just a burger!!! Customer service told me we are going to send you a check but they did not and every time I call they say, "We will call you back." They word is not true!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Burger King?

Original review: May 18, 2018

I went to Burger King in crescent City CA. I have been going there for four months now ordering the same thing everyday. Sausage biscuits for .79 but I replaced the sausage for bacon due to my son not being able to eat sausage. I have always paid the .79 .85 out the door. Today 5/18/18 they charged me 3.86 for the same thing I just ordered the day before. Um no. They said that the sausage biscuits were the one that is on sale. I said yes I know I order that but have to replace the sausage for bacon due to my son not being able to eat sausage. He said, "Well then it becomes 3.86." What? I said, "May I speak to your manager", he said he was the manager and now I am 86 out of there that they will not serve me anymore. Um what. When I asked for the main number to make complaint against him he said he didn't have it with that haha. And closed the window on me.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I am a 75-year-old senior citizen who is been patronizing your restaurants since the mid-60s and that is about to end and I want you to know why. I ordered two Whoppers with special instructions at your store located at 1496 Boynton Beach Blvd., Boynton Beach, FL. I did not receive what I ordered and when bringing the sandwiches into the store and talking with the manager he said, "That's the way we make them," and refused to remake the sandwiches the way that they were marked on the receipt. I am recovering from a heart attack and the last thing I needed was an argument from this manager. At that point I just asked for my money back and he mumbled under his breath, "We don't need no hockeys." I wrote a letter to the CEO of Burger King Daniel S. Schwartz who did not even have the courtesy to respond.

Original review: May 11, 2018

On Saturday May 5 2018 between 1-2 pm, my daughter was approached by an employee at Burger King in Lenoir N.C. As the women approached her she said to her, "You have to pay for that drink". She accused her of trying to put pink lemonade in a water cup. My daughter purchased a medium lemonade and I asked for the water. I was in the car. My child told me what had happened and said there was nothing in the cup when approached and the employee took the cup out her hand and put water in it. I entered the restaurant and told them they were wrong about my daughter and they had no right to be watching her and approaching her.

The manager response was that she had kids insisting that all kids steal. I was angered by her response and chose to believe it was because of her race not age. The lady said she would call the cops on me and that it's on tape. My daughter and I was treated very disrespectfully and they harassed my child by approaching her and taking the cup out her hand. This is wrong. I asked the women to show me the tape and she said in a mean voice, "I will call the police."

The Holy Spirit told me to leave the restaurant and deal with it His way. As I was leaving the cashier that waited my daughter spoke to me in a naughty way and said, "I saw her" trying to push my buttons. They saw wrong. My daughter said the cashier acted like she did want to wait on her in the first place. My last words l said was, "You prejudice people." This complaint is me doing it God's Way. I nor my daughter was treated with the respect we deserved. ** Lives Matter!

Original review: April 27, 2018

Good food bad service customer. The cashiers make mistake and the supervisor talk to me like was my fault. The place is on Tampa Burger King on Van Dyke which Dale **. I certainly not come back. Make me feel so bad.

Original review: April 21, 2018

This is in reference to store # 16624 in Dallas Texas. I went into the store and how many of you know that the TX Double Whopper comes with jalapenos, I didn't. I order my burger as always no tomatoes, no mayo, no ketchup just add mustard with lettuce and pickles. I got my burger and when I started to bite, I said that doesn't look like a pickle. I told the CSR at the counter, "Is this jalapenos?" and she looked at me like, "Uhhh yes, what did you think it was?" I said to the CSR, "That picture looks like pickles and not jalapenos." She was unconcerned like, "Yeah whatever". So basically I paid $9.68 for a medium coke and medium onion rings.

Original review: April 13, 2018

When I went to the Burger King # 4075 in South San Francisco, CA, It was about 7:03 am just 1 customer eating. I made an order of 10 biscuits and sausage and a coupon meal. The Spanish manager told me, "You have to wait 17 minutes." So she gave me the coffee and I said, "I can get the coupon meal and wait." So I wait 10 min and ask her about the croissants and she gets rude and say, "I just asked you if you want coffee first." I said, "I can get the coupon meal and wait." She starts talking about I said coffee first. I didn't want to say anything back fear of spitting in my food. As I wait 1 guy comes in, made an order, left for 2 min, came back. She gave him some biscuits. Then another guy comes in 5 min after him with his own coffee cup and gives him 2 biscuits sitting on the tray. So you mean to tell me while people come in and order the biscuits and because my order is big she can give away my biscuits and I have to wait longer.

Mind you there is no one coming in and going through the drive thru other than the 2 guys. So I go up to the counter and wait. I see her warming up some biscuits and it don't take long and she tells me wait 3 more minutes and I see about 5 biscuit sitting in front of the counter. I watch her then she says something to the other Spanish girl next to her and the other girl starts looking back at me like they mad I'm waiting at the counter. Plus the manager is fixing my biscuits with no gloves on. So then she puts 10 biscuits in the bag and there is already about 5 biscuits on the counter just sitting there.

All that took almost 30 minutes. Ridiculous, I shouldn't have to wait so long while the manager is giving away my order and I have to wait. She didn't have gloves on and she had a bad attitude. I meant what was the cook cooking in the kitchen all that time. They were moving and stuff. Are they cooking food for them or some others. I didn't get it.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I bought an Arnold Palmer at the Village Cr. Location in WS, NC drive thru Tuesday, 10 Apr18, at 930pm and when I drank it, I don't know where this came from but it tasted like maybe mopping or cleaning water, I don't know why, it was bitter and burned my throat. I immediately threw it out. Please reimburse me for the drink. And find out what was wrong tonight, and please email me and let me know. Thanks.

Original review: March 31, 2018

Went to Burger King for breakfast located in Miami Beach on the corner of the cashier. Gives the impression that we are in the hood and I rolled up to her asking for a favor. The cook seem to think that the customers are idiots for not knowing what is stale and what is fresh. I was served Tater Tots that was hard and cold.

Original review: March 30, 2018

The actual in-store purchasing process is fine, I had no issue there. However, if you need something delivered, or God forbid something is missing/needs replaced because of damage - then you're in BIG trouble. These people never answer the phones, and their website conveniently does not work. I have done the 45 min - 1.5 hr wait times on the phones 5 times - and that was just to get my item delivered properly. Now when I call to get items sent that were missing/damaged I get "All circuits are busy" every single time I call. I have been trying to call them for 2 weeks now.

So I tried to email via the website - they have a nice section to fill out your information and submit your needs but THERE IS NO SUBMIT BUTTON anywhere on the website. The only way I could submit was through the non-United States side of the website (no chance this customer service team can figure out that my order is from the US). Not even sure what to do at this point, and will never have anything delivered from them again.

Original review: March 11, 2018

On the morning of 3-9-18 at 9:30 am I ordered a bacon, egg & cheese biscuit and an egg & cheese croissant at the HW 5, Douglasville GA location. I paid with a $20 bill & got a $10, $5 and some change back (the only money I had in my wallet). Later that day I was in Ace Hardware and paid for my item with the only $10 bill I got from Burger King, the girl checked it with the pen & ran it through a machine then said it was bad and took my money. I went to BK & talked to the evening manager (store manager had left for the day) and she took my name & told me to come back the next morning (the 10th) to talk to the manager & she would reimburse me, because they had a bad $20 come thru a few days before.

I went to the drive thru on the 10th & asked for the store manager, I told her who I was & why I was there. She said that was the first she had heard of it and that they check the $10, $20, $50 and $100 bills that come in. I told her that Ace caught it & it was the only $10 bill I had and I also had a receipt for the purchase from BK. She said it didn't come from there and I disputed it. She asked for my name and phone number, which I wrote down myself & gave to her. Then I asked why she wanted my name, # and she said she would investigate the situation. I asked her to call Ace & she said "that wasn't necessary."

I got up to the second window and while waiting on my order I asked to speak to her again. I told her this was the second time I had been up there to complain about a bad $10 bill they had handed me through that window, for her to tear up my name & number, because this would be the last time I would come to their BK. I told her I would go to Martin's or McDonald's from now on. I came to this conclusion because I offered the receipt where they had taking a $20 bill for $4 and some odd cents tab. What kind of investigating was she going to do?? None in my opinion. :(:(:(:(

Original review: March 10, 2018

I went to the Burger King in Campbell California and bought 2 whopper meals. I live only a few minutes away so took the food home only to find that all the food was stone cold. I complained online but got no reply. After reading the numerous complaints online it's clear that Burger King does not care about their customers only in making a fast Buck. I would advise anyone to choose a different fast food restaurant as this company is the worst. The store number is 2012.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I went to Burger King after work February 1, 2018 and was given a screw in my onion rings. I spoke to customer service about what I found. I was told someone would call me. Of course they did not so I called again. A representative did finally call and he asked where could he meet me to give him the screw. I was told after several calls that it was not Burger King's fault that I found a screw in my food because they did not make it, they brought the food from someone else. WHAT??? Once you buy the food it is yours and you sold it to me, Burger King does not care if their food is contaminated or objects are found in it. They take no responsibility and this is WRONG. They should be made to pay. Picture is on my phone.

Original review: March 4, 2018

I bought my mom a Whopper at Burger King on 671 East Market Street in Akron Ohio 44304. Within 2 hours of eating it all she been doing is throwing up since yesterday. It was cold and old and she got food poisoning and all the vegetables on it was old too and the pickles was even old and that all my mom ate yesterday and haven't been able to keep food down. I bought 2 Whoppers. Only ate one taking picture and throwing so nasty. Shame on Burger King for not caring about the consumer and just trying to make a quick buck.

Original review: March 4, 2018

3368 Railroad Rd Bamberg, SC Burger King. This is a very slow service business. I see people leaving all the time, even I have left. Someone needs to learn how McDonald's and Hardee's can get people in and out of their place of business. I like BK, but they won't last long if they keep losing customers.

Original review: March 3, 2018

Went thru drive thru. The guy said, "Here's your drink." He gave me a straw and a receipt. Then they gave me the food. I asked, "Can I have my drink." She said, "He gave you the drink." When he didn't they finally gave me the drink. My food was cold and tasted old. Never go back there again.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Worst burger "Double Whopper" in my life!!! 15 minutes waiting in the parking lot for a Whopper and onion rings only to drive 3 Minutes home to find an ice cold burger with a piece of tomato three quarters of an inch thick and the diameter of a silver dollar! Bad enough but it was Green as well! One piece of lettuce the same diameter and Brown!!! Onion rings like Rubber! Employee and manager?? Needs fired, my last trip there! Store located on Rt 27 in Ocala Florida! Threw the receipt 9$ plus away with the piss poor excuse for a meal.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

Lived here for 9 yrs now, came from Portland. Loved BK in Portland area. Came here and I believe it's the worst Burger King EVER. In 9 years I've tried to get a "decent" burger and have failed. The meat is consistently cold and dry, bun slightly warm and those are the best ones. Most of the ones have "Whoppers" been just plain cold w/ old fries. Took 25 minutes tonight (I tried again) for 3 cars in front of me to get served. Got my food and it was just plain inedible!!! Has to be the worst BK in the chain. I try about 3 times a year and give up now. I used to eat Whoppers at least 4 times a month in Portland. Do not waste your time or money in Crescent City CA for a Burger King.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

This morning I decided to have a quick biscuit and sausage from Burger King. My first mistake of the day. How's the weather here in Clinton Tennessee? The food was cold dry like it had been under a heat lamp for hours although it was only $0.79 / sausage biscuit. I purchased four of those plus one senior coffee. The biscuits were all dry and lousy. I would much rather go 5 miles further down the road to the Burger King located at Highway 25 and Highway 61 in Clinton Tennessee. The five mile out of the way travel would be worth the difference between the two locations although I don't think I will ever bother having another sausage biscuit from Burger King.

I will stick with Hardee's where the biscuits are twice the size. The sausage is hot. The biscuit is fresh and I have never had a disappointment out of theirs. If I were going to eat between 11 a.m. and 8 p.m. in Clinton Tennessee again I would simply go to 303 Market Street to The Franciscan Cajun Café. Yes it cost a little bit more but the etouffee the chicken and sausage gumbo the red beans and rice are all fantastic. I have eaten there multiple times. I would rather pay 10 to $15 more and enjoy my meal than to choke down something I regret purchasing.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

It's sad theater Burger King claims their burger is better than the competition because it's flame broiler. That may be true but what they fail to mention is the fact that the burger is flame broiler then put into a container and microwaved to order. If could be a decent burger but the microwave ruins it.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I have three complaints about BK. The first complaint is that they have extremely slow service. You would think after you wait forever for your food that you would receive a full order. The order of fries was only half full. I completed the survey at the bottom of the receipt for a FREE WHOPPER. When I went to claim my FREE WHOPPER, I was advised by the cashier that in order to receive my FREE WHOPPER, that I had to purchase a drink and a side order & that the total purchase price in order to receive my FREE WHOPPER was more than $3.50. I did not want a drink and a side order. The receipt did not indicate that I had to purchase anything in order to receive my FREE WHOPPER. This is poor marketing by Burger King. I will not be completing any more of their surveys!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

This is about a particular Burger King Store 6992. It's the one in Town here. It was the only fast food place I would go to until recently. There is another BK 5 or 6 miles down the street that I will go to if I ever feel the urge. I doubt I will though for a long while. We stopped in for what we thought would be a quick breakfast. Ended up making two orders due to forgetting two croissants. The First Order @ 18.06. Pancake platter with no meat, pancake platter sausage, Ultimate platter, side sausage, small hash browns, Plain biscuit, 2 orange juice and 1 mocha Coffee. While that was being made I remembered what I forgot 2 crossandwiches, 1 ham egg and cheese, 1 Bacon Egg and cheese, a small hash browns and a coffee.

The staff that was at the counter seemed beat but ok. The people in the back were staggering around like Zombies. I noticed. When I came back to pick up the food no one was there. They just hollered order ready and left. Back at the Table there was one thing after another that was just way wrong, I mean, it was the right stuff but just all wet and smashed and doughy. Seriously noticeably bad, I took the trays back up to the counter and asked what could be done about this after waiting a few minutes for someone to come up front. I was asked if there was a problem and I was telling them one at a time what was wrong and the senior person was just saying, sometimes talking over me before I finished my sentences.

Long story shorter, nothing got done, I wrote on the survey and told them all about what happened, the larger manager in Utah wrote and told me that I left out my phone number (Optional on the survey) and then has now refused to communicate after I wrote them back and said I didn't put my phone number because I do not have a cell and I don't want to talk on my home phone and that email was fine. This place is a Joke of a business. It's gone way downhill in the last ten years.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I used to love BK Whopper. Lately I have noticed it is nothing like the whopper they have on the ads. Ones on the ad has lettuce tomato, etc. showing. All the ones I have ever gotten shows only two flattened buns with a thinly pressed meat only showing. Upon opening it you see wilted tomato and lettuce in the middle with sauce only in the middle of the sandwich. More than 1 time it had a burnt taste to it so I was thinking they overcooked the patty. Last one I decided to look and the inside of the bun was black so I noticed it was the bun that was scorched. My gripe. I used to love the whopper, now it doesn't taste like it used to. Isn't fresh veggies in it. Doesn't look anything like the pretty whopped pic of their ads at all. I would say they are flirting with false advertisements. I don't need to show any proof on here. Just go buy a whopper, which costs lots more then just a lil while ago, and see if it looks anything like the pics of it on their wall.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

Myself and husband ordered the chicken Parmesan chicken sandwich. Both sandwich had very little sauce on it and as well the cheese. The cheese was not even melted. The chicken was overcooked. Will not be going back to this Burger King.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

We were coming from Willits Ca coming back to our hometown escaping the fire from Santa Rosa coming back from that area. 2 BBQ bacon kings, 2 small fries and 2 small drinks, my son is 13 so as a mom would do, he ate his burger and I did not as mine was not in the bag. We were not in any hurry but 1 burger was missing. The young children working, need to pay attention at what they are doing especially in these hard times.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

So first let me say that I have never had a bad experience with any Burger King employee or restaurant prior to this experience and this review is about 1 employee at one Burger King location on S. Hwy 97 in Bend, Oregon. Bend Police can verify that this incident actually occurred on Saturday, October 14th, 2017.

So my roommate and I like to get the 2 croissant's for $4 deal at least once a week, almost always bringing them home to eat rather than eating in the restaurant. My roommate is unable to eat sausage as it tears his stomach up so we always order bacon/egg/cheese croissants, 2 each. So I make the run to get our breakfast yesterday, ordered 4 bacon, egg and cheese croissants, pay my $8.00 and go home. (By the way, I went into the restaurant because the drive-thru was blocked off. They said that because of the freezing cold the speaker didn't work and the menu board got water in it and the glass was frosted over and that "the company doesn't want to fix it." OK well this is not the purpose of this review, it's just another thing I thought was interesting.)

So anyway, when I get home we get ready to microwave the sandwiches and discover that they gave us 4 SAUSAGE, egg and cheese croissants, not bacon! Well my roommate flips out because this is not the first time this has happened (lesson learned, check your order before you leave the restaurant). This is where it starts to get good. So my roommate calls the restaurant and speaks to the "manager" and asks what is going on down there because this is the 2nd time they've screwed up his order. The "manager" then tells him he is lying, etc. so my roommate says, "I'll be there in 5 minutes." To which she shouts at him over the phone, "Bring it mother **!"

So now he's really pissed. I decline to go with him because I try to avoid confrontation. He goes down there and walks in the restaurant and tries to hand the "manager" his messed up order. Now keep in mind that the receipt is in the bag, proving what we ordered, and his 2 sandwiches are in the bag, proving that what they gave us is not what we ordered. She throws the bag of food back at him without even looking in the bag and tells him to, "Get out of my store!" He says "I'm not leaving without either my food or my money!" Meanwhile about 20 customers are watching this whole exchange, probably wishing Burger King sold popcorn. :)

So she says she is going to call the police, my roommate says, "Please do." So she does. When the police show up my roommate goes outside to explain the situation to the cop and the cop has to go into the restaurant to get him his refund. Then the "manager" has the gall to have the police issue an "no trespassing" order so my roommate can never go back on-site or he will be arrested. So instead of saying "We apologize for getting your order wrong, let me replace it for you," and possibly even giving it to him for free, she calls him a liar, calls him a "mother **", calls the police on him, and has him issued a "no trespassing" order!

Why? Because she did not want to admit they screwed up, would not even look at the proof that they screwed up, and immediately went on the offensive when asked to make it right. How does a young "lady" like this end up getting to be a "manager" of a customer service business in the first place? She should be immediately fired and never be allowed to work in any type of customer service type industry ever again, at least until she gets lots of counseling.

So when my roommate gets home he tells me what went down at the restaurant and I'm even more appalled than I was when I heard her say, "Bring it mother **." So we called Burger King's toll free customer service number and report the incident to corporate and they are currently investigating the incident. I will be appalled if she doesn't at least lose her job. I feel that Burger King owes my roommate a bunch of free food as well, along with, of course, having the "no trespassing" order removed.

I work in the customer service industry and I have never heard of anything so downright egregious as the actions of this young "lady" and thought people might want to read about how one bad employee can severely damage a large company's reputation. I guess if you only pay someone minimum wage you can't expect them to be particularly intelligent or a good employee. Thanks for taking the time to read this review. Now I gotta see if I can put this on Yelp! as well.

Burger King Company Information