1.42/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 13, 2018

442 Burger King Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 13, 2018

When I went to the Burger King # 4075 in South San Francisco, CA, It was about 7:03 am just 1 customer eating. I made an order of 10 biscuits and sausage and a coupon meal. The Spanish manager told me, "You have to wait 17 minutes." So she gave me the coffee and I said, "I can get the coupon meal and wait." So I wait 10 min and ask her about the croissants and she gets rude and say, "I just asked you if you want coffee first." I said, "I can get the coupon meal and wait." She starts talking about I said coffee first. I didn't want to say anything back fear of spitting in my food. As I wait 1 guy comes in, made an order, left for 2 min, came back. She gave him some biscuits. Then another guy comes in 5 min after him with his own coffee cup and gives him 2 biscuits sitting on the tray. So you mean to tell me while people come in and order the biscuits and because my order is big she can give away my biscuits and I have to wait longer.

Mind you there is no one coming in and going through the drive thru other than the 2 guys. So I go up to the counter and wait. I see her warming up some biscuits and it don't take long and she tells me wait 3 more minutes and I see about 5 biscuit sitting in front of the counter. I watch her then she says something to the other Spanish girl next to her and the other girl starts looking back at me like they mad I'm waiting at the counter. Plus the manager is fixing my biscuits with no gloves on. So then she puts 10 biscuits in the bag and there is already about 5 biscuits on the counter just sitting there.

All that took almost 30 minutes. Ridiculous, I shouldn't have to wait so long while the manager is giving away my order and I have to wait. She didn't have gloves on and she had a bad attitude. I meant what was the cook cooking in the kitchen all that time. They were moving and stuff. Are they cooking food for them or some others. I didn't get it.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I bought an Arnold Palmer at the Village Cr. Location in WS, NC drive thru Tuesday, 10 Apr18, at 930pm and when I drank it, I don't know where this came from but it tasted like maybe mopping or cleaning water, I don't know why, it was bitter and burned my throat. I immediately threw it out. Please reimburse me for the drink. And find out what was wrong tonight, and please email me and let me know. Thanks.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 31, 2018

Went to Burger King for breakfast located in Miami Beach on the corner of the cashier. Gives the impression that we are in the hood and I rolled up to her asking for a favor. The cook seem to think that the customers are idiots for not knowing what is stale and what is fresh. I was served Tater Tots that was hard and cold.

Original review: March 30, 2018

The actual in-store purchasing process is fine, I had no issue there. However, if you need something delivered, or God forbid something is missing/needs replaced because of damage - then you're in BIG trouble. These people never answer the phones, and their website conveniently does not work. I have done the 45 min - 1.5 hr wait times on the phones 5 times - and that was just to get my item delivered properly. Now when I call to get items sent that were missing/damaged I get "All circuits are busy" every single time I call. I have been trying to call them for 2 weeks now.

So I tried to email via the website - they have a nice section to fill out your information and submit your needs but THERE IS NO SUBMIT BUTTON anywhere on the website. The only way I could submit was through the non-United States side of the website (no chance this customer service team can figure out that my order is from the US). Not even sure what to do at this point, and will never have anything delivered from them again.

Original review: March 11, 2018

On the morning of 3-9-18 at 9:30 am I ordered a bacon, egg & cheese biscuit and an egg & cheese croissant at the HW 5, Douglasville GA location. I paid with a $20 bill & got a $10, $5 and some change back (the only money I had in my wallet). Later that day I was in Ace Hardware and paid for my item with the only $10 bill I got from Burger King, the girl checked it with the pen & ran it through a machine then said it was bad and took my money. I went to BK & talked to the evening manager (store manager had left for the day) and she took my name & told me to come back the next morning (the 10th) to talk to the manager & she would reimburse me, because they had a bad $20 come thru a few days before.

I went to the drive thru on the 10th & asked for the store manager, I told her who I was & why I was there. She said that was the first she had heard of it and that they check the $10, $20, $50 and $100 bills that come in. I told her that Ace caught it & it was the only $10 bill I had and I also had a receipt for the purchase from BK. She said it didn't come from there and I disputed it. She asked for my name and phone number, which I wrote down myself & gave to her. Then I asked why she wanted my name, # and she said she would investigate the situation. I asked her to call Ace & she said "that wasn't necessary."

I got up to the second window and while waiting on my order I asked to speak to her again. I told her this was the second time I had been up there to complain about a bad $10 bill they had handed me through that window, for her to tear up my name & number, because this would be the last time I would come to their BK. I told her I would go to Martin's or McDonald's from now on. I came to this conclusion because I offered the receipt where they had taking a $20 bill for $4 and some odd cents tab. What kind of investigating was she going to do?? None in my opinion. :(:(:(:(

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Burger King?

Original review: March 10, 2018

I went to the Burger King in Campbell California and bought 2 whopper meals. I live only a few minutes away so took the food home only to find that all the food was stone cold. I complained online but got no reply. After reading the numerous complaints online it's clear that Burger King does not care about their customers only in making a fast Buck. I would advise anyone to choose a different fast food restaurant as this company is the worst. The store number is 2012.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I went to Burger King after work February 1, 2018 and was given a screw in my onion rings. I spoke to customer service about what I found. I was told someone would call me. Of course they did not so I called again. A representative did finally call and he asked where could he meet me to give him the screw. I was told after several calls that it was not Burger King's fault that I found a screw in my food because they did not make it, they brought the food from someone else. WHAT??? Once you buy the food it is yours and you sold it to me, Burger King does not care if their food is contaminated or objects are found in it. They take no responsibility and this is WRONG. They should be made to pay. Picture is on my phone.

Original review: March 4, 2018

I bought my mom a Whopper at Burger King on 671 East Market Street in Akron Ohio 44304. Within 2 hours of eating it all she been doing is throwing up since yesterday. It was cold and old and she got food poisoning and all the vegetables on it was old too and the pickles was even old and that all my mom ate yesterday and haven't been able to keep food down. I bought 2 Whoppers. Only ate one taking picture and throwing so nasty. Shame on Burger King for not caring about the consumer and just trying to make a quick buck.

Original review: March 4, 2018

3368 Railroad Rd Bamberg, SC Burger King. This is a very slow service business. I see people leaving all the time, even I have left. Someone needs to learn how McDonald's and Hardee's can get people in and out of their place of business. I like BK, but they won't last long if they keep losing customers.

Original review: March 3, 2018

Went thru drive thru. The guy said, "Here's your drink." He gave me a straw and a receipt. Then they gave me the food. I asked, "Can I have my drink." She said, "He gave you the drink." When he didn't they finally gave me the drink. My food was cold and tasted old. Never go back there again.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Worst burger "Double Whopper" in my life!!! 15 minutes waiting in the parking lot for a Whopper and onion rings only to drive 3 Minutes home to find an ice cold burger with a piece of tomato three quarters of an inch thick and the diameter of a silver dollar! Bad enough but it was Green as well! One piece of lettuce the same diameter and Brown!!! Onion rings like Rubber! Employee and manager?? Needs fired, my last trip there! Store located on Rt 27 in Ocala Florida! Threw the receipt 9$ plus away with the piss poor excuse for a meal.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

Lived here for 9 yrs now, came from Portland. Loved BK in Portland area. Came here and I believe it's the worst Burger King EVER. In 9 years I've tried to get a "decent" burger and have failed. The meat is consistently cold and dry, bun slightly warm and those are the best ones. Most of the ones have "Whoppers" been just plain cold w/ old fries. Took 25 minutes tonight (I tried again) for 3 cars in front of me to get served. Got my food and it was just plain inedible!!! Has to be the worst BK in the chain. I try about 3 times a year and give up now. I used to eat Whoppers at least 4 times a month in Portland. Do not waste your time or money in Crescent City CA for a Burger King.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

This morning I decided to have a quick biscuit and sausage from Burger King. My first mistake of the day. How's the weather here in Clinton Tennessee? The food was cold dry like it had been under a heat lamp for hours although it was only $0.79 / sausage biscuit. I purchased four of those plus one senior coffee. The biscuits were all dry and lousy. I would much rather go 5 miles further down the road to the Burger King located at Highway 25 and Highway 61 in Clinton Tennessee. The five mile out of the way travel would be worth the difference between the two locations although I don't think I will ever bother having another sausage biscuit from Burger King.

I will stick with Hardee's where the biscuits are twice the size. The sausage is hot. The biscuit is fresh and I have never had a disappointment out of theirs. If I were going to eat between 11 a.m. and 8 p.m. in Clinton Tennessee again I would simply go to 303 Market Street to The Franciscan Cajun Café. Yes it cost a little bit more but the etouffee the chicken and sausage gumbo the red beans and rice are all fantastic. I have eaten there multiple times. I would rather pay 10 to $15 more and enjoy my meal than to choke down something I regret purchasing.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

It's sad theater Burger King claims their burger is better than the competition because it's flame broiler. That may be true but what they fail to mention is the fact that the burger is flame broiler then put into a container and microwaved to order. If could be a decent burger but the microwave ruins it.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I have three complaints about BK. The first complaint is that they have extremely slow service. You would think after you wait forever for your food that you would receive a full order. The order of fries was only half full. I completed the survey at the bottom of the receipt for a FREE WHOPPER. When I went to claim my FREE WHOPPER, I was advised by the cashier that in order to receive my FREE WHOPPER, that I had to purchase a drink and a side order & that the total purchase price in order to receive my FREE WHOPPER was more than $3.50. I did not want a drink and a side order. The receipt did not indicate that I had to purchase anything in order to receive my FREE WHOPPER. This is poor marketing by Burger King. I will not be completing any more of their surveys!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

This is about a particular Burger King Store 6992. It's the one in Town here. It was the only fast food place I would go to until recently. There is another BK 5 or 6 miles down the street that I will go to if I ever feel the urge. I doubt I will though for a long while. We stopped in for what we thought would be a quick breakfast. Ended up making two orders due to forgetting two croissants. The First Order @ 18.06. Pancake platter with no meat, pancake platter sausage, Ultimate platter, side sausage, small hash browns, Plain biscuit, 2 orange juice and 1 mocha Coffee. While that was being made I remembered what I forgot 2 crossandwiches, 1 ham egg and cheese, 1 Bacon Egg and cheese, a small hash browns and a coffee.

The staff that was at the counter seemed beat but ok. The people in the back were staggering around like Zombies. I noticed. When I came back to pick up the food no one was there. They just hollered order ready and left. Back at the Table there was one thing after another that was just way wrong, I mean, it was the right stuff but just all wet and smashed and doughy. Seriously noticeably bad, I took the trays back up to the counter and asked what could be done about this after waiting a few minutes for someone to come up front. I was asked if there was a problem and I was telling them one at a time what was wrong and the senior person was just saying, sometimes talking over me before I finished my sentences.

Long story shorter, nothing got done, I wrote on the survey and told them all about what happened, the larger manager in Utah wrote and told me that I left out my phone number (Optional on the survey) and then has now refused to communicate after I wrote them back and said I didn't put my phone number because I do not have a cell and I don't want to talk on my home phone and that email was fine. This place is a Joke of a business. It's gone way downhill in the last ten years.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I used to love BK Whopper. Lately I have noticed it is nothing like the whopper they have on the ads. Ones on the ad has lettuce tomato, etc. showing. All the ones I have ever gotten shows only two flattened buns with a thinly pressed meat only showing. Upon opening it you see wilted tomato and lettuce in the middle with sauce only in the middle of the sandwich. More than 1 time it had a burnt taste to it so I was thinking they overcooked the patty. Last one I decided to look and the inside of the bun was black so I noticed it was the bun that was scorched. My gripe. I used to love the whopper, now it doesn't taste like it used to. Isn't fresh veggies in it. Doesn't look anything like the pretty whopped pic of their ads at all. I would say they are flirting with false advertisements. I don't need to show any proof on here. Just go buy a whopper, which costs lots more then just a lil while ago, and see if it looks anything like the pics of it on their wall.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

Myself and husband ordered the chicken Parmesan chicken sandwich. Both sandwich had very little sauce on it and as well the cheese. The cheese was not even melted. The chicken was overcooked. Will not be going back to this Burger King.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

We were coming from Willits Ca coming back to our hometown escaping the fire from Santa Rosa coming back from that area. 2 BBQ bacon kings, 2 small fries and 2 small drinks, my son is 13 so as a mom would do, he ate his burger and I did not as mine was not in the bag. We were not in any hurry but 1 burger was missing. The young children working, need to pay attention at what they are doing especially in these hard times.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

So first let me say that I have never had a bad experience with any Burger King employee or restaurant prior to this experience and this review is about 1 employee at one Burger King location on S. Hwy 97 in Bend, Oregon. Bend Police can verify that this incident actually occurred on Saturday, October 14th, 2017.

So my roommate and I like to get the 2 croissant's for $4 deal at least once a week, almost always bringing them home to eat rather than eating in the restaurant. My roommate is unable to eat sausage as it tears his stomach up so we always order bacon/egg/cheese croissants, 2 each. So I make the run to get our breakfast yesterday, ordered 4 bacon, egg and cheese croissants, pay my $8.00 and go home. (By the way, I went into the restaurant because the drive-thru was blocked off. They said that because of the freezing cold the speaker didn't work and the menu board got water in it and the glass was frosted over and that "the company doesn't want to fix it." OK well this is not the purpose of this review, it's just another thing I thought was interesting.)

So anyway, when I get home we get ready to microwave the sandwiches and discover that they gave us 4 SAUSAGE, egg and cheese croissants, not bacon! Well my roommate flips out because this is not the first time this has happened (lesson learned, check your order before you leave the restaurant). This is where it starts to get good. So my roommate calls the restaurant and speaks to the "manager" and asks what is going on down there because this is the 2nd time they've screwed up his order. The "manager" then tells him he is lying, etc. so my roommate says, "I'll be there in 5 minutes." To which she shouts at him over the phone, "Bring it mother **!"

So now he's really pissed. I decline to go with him because I try to avoid confrontation. He goes down there and walks in the restaurant and tries to hand the "manager" his messed up order. Now keep in mind that the receipt is in the bag, proving what we ordered, and his 2 sandwiches are in the bag, proving that what they gave us is not what we ordered. She throws the bag of food back at him without even looking in the bag and tells him to, "Get out of my store!" He says "I'm not leaving without either my food or my money!" Meanwhile about 20 customers are watching this whole exchange, probably wishing Burger King sold popcorn. :)

So she says she is going to call the police, my roommate says, "Please do." So she does. When the police show up my roommate goes outside to explain the situation to the cop and the cop has to go into the restaurant to get him his refund. Then the "manager" has the gall to have the police issue an "no trespassing" order so my roommate can never go back on-site or he will be arrested. So instead of saying "We apologize for getting your order wrong, let me replace it for you," and possibly even giving it to him for free, she calls him a liar, calls him a "mother **", calls the police on him, and has him issued a "no trespassing" order!

Why? Because she did not want to admit they screwed up, would not even look at the proof that they screwed up, and immediately went on the offensive when asked to make it right. How does a young "lady" like this end up getting to be a "manager" of a customer service business in the first place? She should be immediately fired and never be allowed to work in any type of customer service type industry ever again, at least until she gets lots of counseling.

So when my roommate gets home he tells me what went down at the restaurant and I'm even more appalled than I was when I heard her say, "Bring it mother **." So we called Burger King's toll free customer service number and report the incident to corporate and they are currently investigating the incident. I will be appalled if she doesn't at least lose her job. I feel that Burger King owes my roommate a bunch of free food as well, along with, of course, having the "no trespassing" order removed.

I work in the customer service industry and I have never heard of anything so downright egregious as the actions of this young "lady" and thought people might want to read about how one bad employee can severely damage a large company's reputation. I guess if you only pay someone minimum wage you can't expect them to be particularly intelligent or a good employee. Thanks for taking the time to read this review. Now I gotta see if I can put this on Yelp! as well.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I went to Burger King in Festival Park Stoke on Trent and the service was crap. The girl spent more time talking to her co-workers than paying attention to what she was doing... I paid her and then got the food pasted to me. Well threw to me... Me and my partner had a chill burger. Well what was meant to be a chill burger. There was nothing chill about it... it was crap. The meal was like a bloody kid's happy meal too. Really disappointed. I will never go back to any Burger King.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

So me and my friends were in a hurry to get our food at Burger King. So we wanted to do 3 separate orders through the window and they said no because they are not allowed to do that. We weren't gonna drive 30 minutes to another Burgerking. So we were like, "Screw it." and then left.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

When I want a decent burger close to home, Burger King does meet my expectation. Great that I can get a junior size when I'm not too hungry. Fries are also pretty good.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

Attention must be paid to the speakers at the order site. The employee taking the order must be friendly, polite and on top of his/her game, always. At some locations, when you look into the pickup window, the floors are filthy.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I like the fact that you can get a burger at 9 am if you want. Cause I'm up early and having to wait until 11am for lunch is ridiculous. Plus the fact that if you want a cheeseburger without ketchup (which I do) you can get that. They don't give you a hard time.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

My minor child is employed by the Burger King on the corner of Hwy 274 and 557 in lake Wylie sc 29710. At least once a week my child has been complaining that a manager named ** has been cussing at the minor staff. Since when is an adult allowed to curse at other people's minor children. I will be telling everyone I know.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Good food done right. You can custom order everything to make your food items exactly as you want them. The jingle used to say "Special orders don't upset us, have it your way at Burger King".

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I love the fact I can watch them make my food and I can have it any way I want (also great onion rings). I have never been to a restaurant where the employees are very nice to each other. Even when someone is getting in trouble they are very polite to each other, at first it was kinda weird. My only complaint is that they don't microwave my cheese and they put the cheese on the bottom bun under the meat. I promise it does taste different. Also, condiments are suppose to go on top of the cheese.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

The Burger Kings that I have been to, have been consistent on quality of food. My favorite one always gives more fries, they just dump the rest of what's in the tray in my bag for the to-go bag I always get. They make it fresh, I can see them cooking in the back. You can add bacon, take out the tomato, anything. They remember me, I only go once a month or so. They are really very nice.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

The server did not acknowledge me when I finally pulled up to her window, she looked at me and stated what I owed, she took my money, handed me my drink and then turned her back to me and started speaking to her co workers that were working in the food prep area. She spoke loudly and was not concerned with what she said while I waited for my food. She then handed me a bag with my hamburger in it, she did not say thank you or have a good day - in fact she appeared bothered that she had to do her job. The hamburger was only warm not hot, it tasted okay. Not the best I have had with other Burger King Restaurants in my area. I was disappointed with the wait after I placed my order. It's called fast food however I do not think they understand that. I will not give my business to this particular Burger King in the future which may not mean a lot to the owner(s) but it means a lot to me.

Burger King Company Information