1.45/5
Based on 40 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

40 Wells Fargo Advisors Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I opened my account almost 4 years back with managed services. They did a horrible job for the 1.5% service fee. After which the advisor Manuel reduce it to 1%.

Just recently I was to dissolve my account, they have charged me so many hidden charges and I am not able to get my money out. When I call customer service, they say to keep the account open until dispute is resolved. However my credit of $186.00 is held back by regional manager. I have spoken to Louis **, Left numerous messages to Daniel ** with absolutely no resolution. DO NOT ever put your money with these idiots. I am filing a complaint with BBB to get my refund.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I do not know whether I will end up with a re-fi mortgage from your organization at this point in time, but I do know that I received the best customer service from Thomas ** than anyone that I’ve ever spoken at a bank or credit union. While answering the phone, without being prompted he stated his name and License Number. **. I do hope everyone checks to see if their loan officer is licensed. MANY ARE NOT! I am 67 years old and I have been in leadership positions all my life and I have high expectations of the ethics and knowledge from those with whom I speak.

I asked to speak with the supervisor of THOMAS because of his extreme good manners, his knowledge, which was thorough and complete, and keeping me informed of any possible situation that I might run into so that I would not be surprised or caught off guard. My best friend is a mortgage loan officer and recently has moved over to an online bank, and they are rated very highly, but online reviews indicate their customer service is poor, and it is very difficult to get anyone on the telephone. I tested of that out for myself and after 12 phone calls I never spoke to a live person, not even a receptionist or phone operator. My wife and I need to be able to pick up the phone and talk with someone and get good information

Obviously, the online bank does not have enough support staff and they just want to make a quick deal and be done with you. It reminds me of buying a car that you’re really not buying a car from the salesman but from the service and maintenance department, because that’s really who you'll be dealing with after the paperwork is signed. My credit score is 800, my wife's is 720, and Thomas informing me of how my loan interest rate is configured. Since I informed THOMAS that I was 67, I discussed with him of how the loan should be structured and then he informed me that the loan could be in my name, since I have the higher credit score, but the title could be in the name of my wife and me, should something happen to me that would make paperwork and ownership a non-issue.

I didn’t ask how long he’s been in the business and he said 10 years which is important to me. But it did not surprise me because of his vast knowledge. I was also concerned about with whomever I take a loan that it will be sold. I realize that is a regular part of the banking business, but if it’s sold to an online bank and I have to deal with her poor customer service then I would have no interest in doing business with you. But THOMAS assured me that your institution is large enough that there would be a great chance WELLS FARGO will service the loan.

THOMAS did volunteer, that even if I don’t take a loan out with him, I could call him should I have any questions. He provided his direct dial number, and followed up our conversation with an email. I did read multiple online comments that I should stay away from Wells Fargo because of some past problems that they've had, but to make a blanket statement is unfair. I did expressed to THOMAS that Wells Fargo is just a brand, that the only way I can judge Wells Fargo is the contact with Thomas, and that is the only way I can judge the organizatio-n.

Thomas is a tremendous representative of Wells Fargo, and I will go online to make some favorable comments, not only about THOMAS, but the department and company. People should not rely on news clippings, but actual first hand knowledge, and if they have any concerns they should pick up the phone and call someone and see how they are respected and treated. I am confident that those with complaints are much more likely to post negative comments, but there are many satisfied customers. I did not call THOMAS until after 5 PM Eastern time and to get someone on the phone for most companies at that time of day is not likely but because of the vast organization at Wells Fargo it was easy for me to speak with someone.

Other companies collected information from me and promised to have someone call me. It is not a surprise that not a single person returned my call. Throughout my life I have work long hours to provide good customer service, the work ethic of too many people in the current era is to take off work early and to heck with the customers. I did call one federal credit union and they said someone would call me back in 24 to 48 hours. You got to be kidding me! Another bank said the same thing. I was pleasantly surprised to get straight through to a licensed load officer and he could not been more pleasant, more informative, more knowledgeable, and I felt like I was the most important person in the world.

I know this email is a little too long, but I ask if your next staff meeting or company-wide communication at least part of this email is distributed. It comes from a seasoned customer but yet I learned some information from THOMAS. In no way did he take any shortcuts or try to get me off of the phone. He was aware that I was making no commitment to him but yet he has my best interest in mind. Thomas would make a terrific presenter to new employees joining the company.

I would also be willing to videotape a mock question and answer from the viewpoint of typical customer making an inquiry…of how to answer every question the customer has so that the customer feels comfortable which will lead to more commitments. Lastly, Thomas was ethical and down to earth. He provided INFORMATION, and at no time did he try to pressed me into making a commit to him. If he had, I would have ended the conversation. He is deserving of recognition, if not a pay raise!

Get expert buying tips about Online Financial Advisors delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I have had an IRA with Wells Fargo for 7-8 yrs now. I started with 700K & now down to 100K, and that's with "low to moderate" risk. I can't see where Oil & Gas was low risk, but my broker invested 100% in O&G. Lost every penny of stock. Now I'm left with a tiny annuity. I take a withdrawal every month. When I turned 59 1/2, I decreased my withdrawal. They have given me the incorrect $ for 2 months in a row now & this month there was NO withdrawal made (there IS $). It's like they are raping my money. I can not get anyone to call me back. I'm going to have to drive 30 mi to speak to someone in person. Not to mention, I have had a new broker every 3 months for the past 4 yrs. Just poor (actually NO) customer service. I do have an appoint next week in search of a new broker.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Had 3 months of runaround when trying to move our Brighthouse Variable Annuity over to Fidelity. I had to coordinate all the activity between Brighthouse Financial and WFA. Always one more form...Yada yada. No, we no longer had our own Good thing that we did it while I’m alive because I wouldn’t want my widow to go thru that alone.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Started the process to change the trustee. It should have been a very simple thing to do we completed the forms, then completed the forms again, then did one more form. Finally was told it would be taken care of by today. But oh no they keyed in something wrong so now it is going to be another 7 to 10 days because they have a backlog. The biggest kicker to the whole situation is they do not communicate with you at all. If I had not taken the initiative to see that each little thing was done I would be at step one a month later. Horrible customer service. They are either way too short handed to get the work done or incompetent.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo Advisors?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I have been in communication with the retirement department for the past 3-4 weeks. I switched jobs, moved to a different state and I am trying to rollover my 401K but Wells Fargo is holding my check. First they told me 10 business days, claims it was sent to my old mailing address - even though I have a mail forwarding service set up, I never received a check. Despite the fact that I changed my mailing address, they still sent it to my old address. Now, they still won't send me the check to the new mailing address - claims there is another "10 business days hold". They had already charged me a fee for withdrawing my funds and I still haven't gotten my check after 25 days. Terrible company.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

For many years our family trust has had an excellent relationship with Wells Fargo Bank where most of our transactions (Checking, Savings, Home equity line of credit, and mortgage) are handled online. We thought we would receive the same kind of excellent service from Wells Fargo Investment Advisors but we were wrong, wrong, wrong!

For four months now we have been trying to establish a relationship with Wells Fargo Investment Advisors (the Investment organization wholly owned by Well Fargo Bank) in order to obtain a market rate return on a six figure amount we received from the sale of property that has been sitting in our savings account receiving almost zero return.

For four months now we have been dealing with Wells Fargo Investment Advisors offices in Minneapolis and St. Louis and to be honest, we have been treated as the ENEMY. After a great deal of sending documents back and forth, we were informed that we could not use the account that had been opened for us and that the account would be closed. As a result we have placed our money with another institution that appreciates doing business with us.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

My current Employer went with this company as the Administrator for our EMPLOYER 401K RETIREMENT PLAN. BIG BIG mistake! While I don't have much saying in the matter, I do! when it comes to sharing my horrible consumer experience with the public as a fair warning! I recently decided to take a loan against my 401K and this is what happened next; Wells Fargo charged my account a $40 loan origination fee, then a $10 quarterly loan administration fee, then a $20 mailing fee; Wells Fargo claims that my credit union does not participate to some bogus security service and that is why they had to mail me a PAPER CHECK!

When I asked my credit union manager she said she has not heard of such thing! As if that was not enough they also charged my account a $30 loan repayment fee! I would like to point out the FACT that this is my own money and not a loan from Wells Fargo. I had to pay Wells Fargo a LOT of money simply for taking, and putting my own money back in. This is outrageous how they are getting away like bandits with the money of the hardworking people!. Besides making this written complaint I would also, like to peruse further investigation by ERISA AND the SEC. Enough is enough! If you want my money earn it! Like I do.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I had got a new job, and decided to roll over 401K from previous company into rollover IRA. Requested Wells Fargo to send me the check so that I could deposit it to the new account. After 10 business days (2 weeks), the check never shown up to my mailbox. Called Wells Fargo, and the company claimed that the check is issued and mailed (of course, the check amount is deducted already). When I requested the evidence or tracking number, they would not have it because it was mailed with standard service (for $200K+ check!!!).

As original issuance date was 10+ business days ago, I could request re-issuance, but they demanded that I should sign a document signed and notarized first for the service. Asked them to send the document by email, and they said it is only available by mail (or Fax), and it would take another 5 business days to send. Then, they should get it from me, then another 3 business days to process it. So, I've lost whole month of investment opportunity for $200K+! Lastly, when I ask them to send the newly issued check by FedEx or priority mail with tracking no, they requested my credit card number to charge the delivery service cost to me. Will never use WellsFargo for any kind of financial services!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

We've been clients for well over a decade. Our long-time advisor passed away. He had taken considerable effort to be sure he transferred his clients to the 'right' person. After over a year, we are pleased with our new advisor as well.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I must take a mandatory IRA distribution every year. Wells Fargo no longer permits an online transfer, so must telephone the bank after raising cash in the IRA. The first person I spoke to wanted me to fill out forms, etc., so I called another department which was unhelpful, too. Finally reached someone at Wells Fargo Advisors who was able to make the transfer on the phone without a hassle, but it took 45 minutes for me to do what should have taken 5 minutes. I would NOT recommend Wells Fargo because the bank's systems are antiquated and customer service is cordial but uneven.

Original review: June 13, 2018

A family member passed away last year and left some money for our minor child. His account was at Wells Fargo. We followed all the instructions provided by Wells Fargo to get the money transferred into an account for the minor that we “HAD” to open at Wells Fargo. It took six months for them to complete the transaction after a lot of back and forth between the various departments we were routed through (following all the instructions they provided). Doesn't seem the departments communicate with each other. Everything was held up in their "back office" with one excuse after another and asking us for different forms they never told us about or sent. And, we would never have found out about the forms or resolve the issue if we didn’t continue to contact Wells Fargo.

Given the difficulty of that process we decided to move from Wells Fargo to another financial institution. Called Wells Fargo and asked what we needed to do before we proceeded. Wells Fargo will not send funds to another bank electronically unless you have a void check from that institution. In this day and age, who does that? Not all accounts are standard accounts (especially brokerage accounts) nor have checks or deposit slips. And nowadays, most institutions can and will transfer funds through ACH or other electronic means. Wells Fargo will make an electronic transfer into another Wells Fargo account. A manager in the department said the IRA department would not budge on this requirement and suggested we have the other institution initiate an in-kind transfer. So, we did that.

We were also told by their representative that there was a fee to terminate the account but because the account was for a minor there would be no fee. Nope… $95 just hit the account. But, in the same breath, the current representative is telling us that there is a fee regardless, if another institution initiates a transfer. Every representative contradicts the other. Wells Fargo does everything in its power to get your money and everything in its power NOT to return it when you ask them and complete all the ridiculous paperwork they ask you to complete (in addition to answering the security questions proving you are who you say you are).

Today, the status is that their so-called “back office” is waiting on documentation from the initiating institution and so the transfer of funds has not happened. Can’t imagine how long it will take to resolve this. Including the problems with Wells Fargo when trying to close on our house several years ago and these two last issues, we will NEVER do any business with Wells Fargo again in this lifetime.

Original review: May 21, 2018

If you are thinking about opening an account with Wells Fargo Advisor, you will definitely regret it. My experience with Wells Fargo Advisor has been HORRIBLE. Each time when you transfer money to the account, you will need to wait 2 business days to clear. If you sell your stocks, you will need to wait for 2 business days for it to clear. Everything takes two business days, and most issues do not get resolved after 2 business days. You will need to contact them over and over again to ensure your money is available after 2 business days. Oh, not to mention, your accounts gets restricted without getting any notice. This only happens when you try to sell your stocks.

When you contact customer service, you get different messages each time when you call. They will tell you to provide different documents/identification and make it a big hassle if you want to sell your stocks. They put a restriction on my account without notifying me, so I miss the timing to sell my stocks. After I request to have my account closed, they put a restriction on my account so I can't transfer the money out. This has been happening for the past two weeks, and I will have to contact them for the 10th time to get my money transfer back to my bank account. I will be contacting my lawyer to escalate this issue.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I have had brokerage accounts with other institutions and was unhappy with the lack of attention, investment strategy and making trades just to generate fees. Wells Fargo Advisors has been my financial consultant for many years, and I couldn't be more satisfied. Personal attention, appropriate investments, and a growing portfolio.

Original review: April 18, 2018

We transferred our investments to Wells Fargo in Portsmouth NH to follow our investment Advisor. Our experience over the last two years has been miserable start to finish. It took a full year for our advisor to complete all transfers, and 2 were never moved. Most of the data entered by his new assistant was inaccurate, beneficiaries changed, birth dates wrong, email address wrong, essential information inaccurate. Accountant changes were made that I was not informed about. Advisory fees deducted from my accounts and mysteriously returned at a later date. Higher fees charged than was our agreement. My advisor stopped scheduling regular meetings and scheduled meetings only when called or pressed to do so. He was so delighted to have an assistant he stopped doing anything himself. We have moved all of our accounts back to our original firm with a new advisor there. Stay away from Wells Fargo.

Original review: April 7, 2018

First off let me say I have nothing against my Financial adviser that I had at Wells Fargo, she was a nice person and had a good heart. Anyway, I opened both a ROTH and a regular investment account in April 2013. After exactly 5 years, my account balance had grown to $100k+, but most of it was just my input, because the total average return after 5 full years on the Investment account was 1.14% and 3.67% on the ROTH. She put me into 4 different mutual funds with supposedly good track records and a good reputation. Also, I didn't realize it at first, but they were charging me $100/year fee for the ROTH, then in 2015 it went to $125, then I realized that last year it went to $150.

The last time I met with my adviser was July 2017, and she has never bothered to communicate with me a single time since then. At that time, it was agreed that my monthly $1400 automatic deduction from my checking account was to be split between two different mutual funds, $700 into each. Well several months later I logged in and realized that the $1400 was just going into the CASH account and not being invested, so I missed out on all those amazing gains we saw the last part of 2017. Yes I should have called her immediately, and asked her what was going on, but I was busy with my business and didn't get around to it.

As of April 2nd, I switched to Fidelity and I am very pleased now, as they have very low fees and no ROTH IRA fees and offer many mutual funds with no loads and no transaction fees. (I was surprised that I was able to do a transfer of assets out of Wells Fargo Advisors to Fidelity without any problems or delays. A miracle judging by all the reviews I have read about WFA.) Then I was hit with two fees of $125 each to close out my 2 accounts with Wells Fargo. Luckily, Fidelity has a program, that will reimburse the fees, up to $150 per account. I will never ever ever go back to Wells Fargo. In my opinion they are the bottom of the barrel as far as a place to build wealth in the stock market.

A side note, after talking to my new financial adviser at Fidelity, I found out that all of the mutual funds I was buying at Wells Fargo Advisors, I could have purchased thru Fidelity without any front end load and no transaction fee. (The 2 main Funds I was buying at Wells Fargo were Thornburg funds.) So I really feel stupid now, since I was paying a 4.5% front end fee at Wells Fargo Advisors. So, anyone currently at WFA, in my opinion, needs to immediately get the heck out of there and go to either Fidelity or Vanguard. Wells Fargo Advisors will hit you with so many fees and to be honest, I have no idea how Wells Fargo Advisors continue to stay in business at this point. Cheers.

Original review: March 14, 2018

They are informative, helpful, knowledgeable and give current information to the customers. I have not as yet been left without the most current and needed information about my portfolio.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I made the mistake of transferring several hundred thousand dollars into a WFA account. I grew displeased with my advisor's investment activities that routinely caused my portfolio to lose money while I was being charged a significant quarterly fee. I then directed the advisor to convert my portfolio to cash. He later contacted me several times with other investment options which did not appeal to me. He then asked I meet him at the local Wells Fargo bank for a meeting where he offered a new one-time fee structure and represented my account WOULD HAVE GROWN 10% had I not converted to cash and instead left the portfolio under his direction. I agreed to reinvest in the market relying on his statement of 10% growth during the time my portfolio had been dormant.

I repeatedly asked for proof of his claim of 10% and I asked for clarification on the new fee structure; both requests continually ignored; and by the terms of an Agreement between myself and WFA, I was to be given written details of all fee structures - which I was not. I was later alarmed when the advisor told me should I want to convert to cash and return to the market I would be charged about $4k each for the two activities. I have filed a complaint with the appropriate department, appealed their refusal to reimburse my account for the excessive fees I was charged, and filed a Small Claims suit. The suit was dismissed because I had signed an Arbitration clause; I am now in the process of seeking remedy by alternate means. Not only do I advise everyone to refrain from doing business with Wells Fargo Advisors, I am now suspicious of the separate entity Wells Fargo Bank because of their affiliation with the investment entity Wells Fargo Advisors.

Resolution response: June 12, 2018

5 months and 18 calls later, it may have finally, come to a conclusion. Wells Fargo had my DOB and SS# incorrect and the hoops I jumped through due to their error, 2 hours at SS office, 1 hour plus at bank, 10 notaries, 8 faxes and the 30 hours of phone calls. If you want advisors who actually know their job when calling Wells Fargo Client Solutions, speak to Nicole, Mark, Shayla, or Tory.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

December 2014 went to my Mom’s local office, filled out all paperwork to add me to all her accounts including her investment account. The agent at bank printed investment paperwork, we signed, notarized and sent certified mail. January 2018 I was informed I was not added to the investment account because my physical address was not filled in correctly. 5 calls later and these incompetent people are still jerking me around. So received paperwork to add me, still waiting for response. As soon as this is completed, goodbye Wells Fargo. I am done, by the way I have a legal, notarized POA. Mom was just diagnosed with Alzheimer’s 2017, and I have all the paperwork to pursue this issue.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I opened a Roth IRA at Wells Fargo and was prompted, upon completion, to fax in paperwork to transfer my assets from my non-WF IRA into my new WF IRA. I did so. Several hours later, after allowing me to open an account and begin the funding process, Wells Fargo made a "business decision" to close my new IRA, giving me no notice at all. However, my assets had not yet been approved by WF for deposit. Despite closing my account, WF decided to approve the transaction, taking my funds and thereby triggering my non-WF account to automatically close. I spoke to WF and was informed it will take 7-10 business days and my money will be mailed to my home address. Sooo...money is out of the market for now over 2 weeks and I will be paying taxes on a withdrawal I never asked for...

Wells Fargo has such awesome business practices that several hundred branches will be closing this year. Wish I would have read that earlier. Totally my fault I dealt with a badly run company that sucks. My family has had such a good relationship with them for so long, however, we all will be leaving them. Way to start working on repairing your public and customer reputation. STAY AWAY FROM WELLS FARGO.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

My son is a veteran and served his country 8.5 years. This company was in charge of his trust fund. They did not do him right. The most horrible inefficient customer service ever. The Department heads are hard to reach and do not return your phone calls until way after the fact. My perception is they do not care. ** does not do his job. He played God with my son's trust funds. Do not give these people your money!! They will mess things up!!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

My parents are refugees who came to this country 37 years ago with empty pockets and a dream. After years of hard work, they managed to save some money. Regretfully, they chose to invest with Robert ** of Wells Fargo Advisors. They made it crystal clear to Mr. ** that they need their investments to be liquid. That if they needed their money tomorrow it would be available to them. My father was already 71 years of age and so it only made sense to have their investments liquid.

The real issue began when they asked for their money back. Initially, Mr. ** was questioning why they were leaving. He was hard to reach and ignored their email. Only when we called the 800 number and threatened to file elder abuse charges with the DA did we get a response. Of course he didn't wish to lose out on his income. When they started transferring the money one of the funds with a substantial amount was a long-term investment. Not only did the investment lose money (I understand that happens) but they will have to wait another 10+ years to get their money. My father is now 80. We contacted Robert ** who didn't think what he did was an issue. So, we contacted Wells Fargo Complaint Resolution Group.

Months later after much back and forth we received from Wells Fargo 300 pages of a Private Placement Memorandum agreement that they never saw initially with a letter stating that our case with Wells Fargo Complaint Resolution Group was closed. How shocking that they found themselves blameless. We still have the money tied up in this useless FUND that no one would have consented to had they understood what they were signing. After reading other people's one-star reviews, it looks like Wells Fargo Financial Adviser Services’ regular practice is to take advantage of people especially the elderly.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I have banked with Wachovia (now Wells Fargo) for over 30 years. Hence, when I decided to transfer funds from an investment firm to this bank, I thought I was in good hands. However, this has been the worst move I have ever made. The "Envision" plan can only be used if the bank is paid 1% of your assets. Why do they not say this from the beginning? Customer service is poor or non-existent. Vice Presidents or higher ranks do not return telephone calls. Communication is handled by email if at all. Stay very far away. It will take work but I plan to take all my accounts out of this bank and never look back.

Original review: June 27, 2017

I recently relocated from CA back to PA to take care of my 92 year old mother. Upon opening a checking and savings account at Wells Fargo in Lehighton PA, it was suggested I speak with the bank's financial adviser/broker who could discuss beneficial investments since interest rates for savings accounts are so deplorable. I agreed but having only one year investment experience with a very small investment years ago, I let the WF adviser take control of my savings at his request and put into securities investments.

The adviser cherry picked companies to invest my money while we were making small talk. It took him about 10 minutes to shove my money into what he termed tax free investments. He never explained any of the investments, if they were stocks or bonds and all he kept saying was "I am buying you COMPANIES"! He did not want to discuss with me any further about my new investments, so I simply trusted his so called expertise? Only after I closed the brokerage account (after three months of losing money) I learned the WF adviser/broker put my money into high risk C Class bonds with high fees. The broker told me there were no fees, no charges!

Though the stock and bond market were doing quite well with only a 2 percent loss overall, my portfolio continued to hemorrhage money right from the beginning showing a 7 percent LOSS. Everyday I checked and my accounts were always in the red!! ALL of the investments all RED! All T.M. ** kept saying to me when challenged is "they will go up"!

After losing money everyday for three months, in the first two weeks of the third month my portfolio lost 14K! $14,000.00 loss in two weeks while my financial adviser was visiting the wine vineyards in Napa Valley and during the same two weeks of the huge drop in my money, my Wells Fargo adviser bought his second investment property in St. Augustine, Fla. I have nothing good to say about this so called financial "adviser" or Wells Fargo who lied to me and would not even listen to my pathetically rotten experience with their institution!

Original review: June 20, 2017

For 5 months I have been attempting to transfer an inherited IRA from Wells Fargo to Fidelity. On at least 6 occasions, WFA indicated all paperwork had been completed. On each transfer attempt, Fidelity is advised that something else is required. Having other Wells Fargo accounts I requested a local WF bank representative to assist on the last couple of attempts. Now he is so frustrated, he is not returning my calls. Cannot find another way to contact WF management, and not sure anything less than a court order will get their attention or my money.

Original review: April 20, 2017

Trying to cash out bonds my grandparents bought for me when I was younger now for college and their customer service is a DISASTER. I have been on the phone with them every night since last week and they still have not been able to send me the correct paperwork to even verify that I own the account. I have been sent 3 different forms, all of which coincidentally get "lost" or "misfiled". This company is the biggest joke in financial servicing I have ever seen. I had my financial advisor call them to see if he could make heads or tails of what they needed and he sent the forms over himself. Still no difference.

1 week and counting just to step one of liquidating this account. No one there knows what they are talking about and they will not let you speak to supervisors... Probably because they also have no idea what's going on. Company is a prime example of why brick and mortar banks need to go. Side note: Liquidate your funds if there is no serious tax consequence! Their charge to transfer accounts are beyond insane.

Original review: April 14, 2017

For many years, my wife and I had our investment portfolio managed by Senior VP Michael ** at Wells Fargo Advisors in Laguna Beach, CA. We left that company because of his dishonest and insensitive actions, ultimately resulting in lies and investment fraud. Mr. ** managed all purchases and sales of stocks and other financial products in our portfolio. However, regarding on stock that was our personal choice... because we knew owners of the company... ** sold that stock without our knowledge or permission. The stock continued to rise and we suffered financial loss as a result.

However, our main complaint and grievance involves a Lincoln Financial Annuity strongly recommended by **. He explained the annuity features but I made it crystal clear that we were not interested in the long term features, including taking payments from the annuity "over time" as a retirement vehicle. I made it very clear that we were only interested in the feature he described whereby we could liquidate all principal and interest without penalty or other costs after 7 years. For a $100,000 investment, he told us we could take all principal and interest at the end of 7 years. The payout would be more than $140,000.

Mr. ** lied! I later discussed the annuity features with Lincoln Financial. The Lincoln representative was embarrassed by the facts I shared. Mr. ** boldly lied about the features of the investment. We filed a FINRA Complaint and the FINRA senior investigator in Los Angeles carefully explained that her department does NOT represent the plaintiff consumer. FINRA completed their investigation without any fault or penalties against Wells Fargo Advisors or Mr. ** because the contract and paperwork ** prepared had no faults. However, the senior investigator did encourage us to file for FINRA Arbitration or Mediation so we could face Mr. ** at a formal hearing and have our case considered for compensation and settlement. We may still choose to file such a FINRA process.

I also spoke directly with Mr. **'s supervisor, Mr. Mark **, in the WFA Newport Beach headquarters. Mr. ** was clearly not interested in discussing his subordinate's behavior. It is interesting to note that Mr. ** was later fired by Wells Fargo Advisors for not properly managing the actions of another WFA employee who was also dismissed for gross dishonest investment behavior. (Google it. Wells Fargo is a dishonest company.) We seek an apology and fair compensation for our losses that resulted from dishonest behavior of our WFA Michael **.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

Wells Fargo currently manages one of my investments and I requested to switch it over to our main financial manager. We started the paperwork in July 2016 and now again I received more paperwork to update my account??!? I want to advise people to NOT invest with Wells Fargo. One of the reasons I want to move my investments is their fees are high and hidden. And now I know that it's very difficult to get them to release my investments.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

Years ago Wells Fargo swindled me of approximately $10,000.00 my parents left me in stocks held at their bank. When I received the stocks I asked the bank if there was any charges for them holding the stocks. They indicated there was no charge. As I was working out of the country at the time I did not pay attention. They started to sell my shares in order to pay themselves a newly established fee and I lost all my monies.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2016

These people are incompetent criminals. I have been working for months to get my stock transferred out of their greedy hands. They always find more paperwork to fill out. At the very bottom of their SNAPSHOT it states right out they are non-bank affiliates of Wells Fargo & company. So we were duped into thinking it was safe. Where are the young lawyers?

Wells Fargo Advisors expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Wells Fargo Advisors handles $1.4 trillion in client assets and is one of the country's leading financial services firms. The Wells Fargo Advisors serve their clientele in person, over-the-phone or online. The company brings Wall Street vision and Main Street values to their client relationships.

• Services: Wells Fargo Advisors serve their clientele with insurance, investing, banking and general money solutions. Their interrelationship with other Wells Fargo and Company financial departments incorporates an expansive array of money solutions for their clients.

• Products: Their financial products include a wide range of investments, including stocks, bonds, mutual funds, exchange traded funds, futures, commodities, certificates of deposit and more. The firm provides a suite of insurance products including life, disability, long term care and annuities. Wells Fargo Advisors also offers credit and lending products, along with business services and Advisory Services for wealth management.

• Investment philosophy: The Wells Fargo mission is to help clients succeed financially. The company provides advice and guidance to help maximize all elements of the consumer’s financial life, whenever and however it is needed.

• Educational and client resources: The Wells Fargo Advisors “Our Insights” portal offers strategy and research information including market commentary, investment insights, special reports and more from their panel of experts.

• Best for: Wells Fargo Advisors serve consumers looking for a one-stop shop for all financial management needs, from banking to lending.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg