Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.40/5

Get advice from finance professionals.

Find a financial advisor near you on SmartAsset

Get Started

Get advice from finance professionals.

Find a financial advisor near you on SmartAsset

Get Started

Wells Fargo Advisors Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo Advisors?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo Advisors?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

Horrible business practices. Once I tried to move money out of Wells Fargo the horrendous customer service started. I submitted my forms to transfer a 529 account to another brokerage in July. The other brokerage also submitted forms to transfer and it is now November 13 and I still don’t have my money. I have called 20 times to Wells Fargo and 10 times to the other brokerage trying to get help. My new brokerage calls WF with me on the line and it’s a constant run around. I called WF today and Abe put me on hold and didn’t come back. I called back in and was told he had connection issues. The new person is Nicole and she wants me to fill out new forms. I asked for a manager and was put on hold, later to be told they are all busy, but can call me back in 24 hours. Wells Fargo is a mess! Do not use them! Invest with Fidelity instead.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

Wells Fargo Advisors cashed a check from my pension account on Oct 14th but refuse to admit they have my funds. They are making me get copies of the cashed check as they are claiming they cannot find the funds. I'm scared my pension is now gone. The reps all speak broken English so what country are they in? Is this where my money went? I Do not trust them with any funds at this point.

Get buying tips about Online Financial Advisors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

Updated on 09/20/2020: I am following up on my previous review with Kevin/Advisor and realized he manipulated me during our financial advising to want to sign up for investment. He did not want me to choose my own fund accounts. I asked for all Index funds but Kevin drew up all this funds and bonds, may around 20, and expect me to accept it. I asked do he have bonds and he replied, "No. But you are just beginning." He did not explain and restrictions or limitations or low cost funds. Kevin also change my benefit package forms to put my retirement check in Wells Fargo Advisors. Now, I was there to get a notary but Tom/notater set me up.

I am disappointed but I'm grateful that my retirement is less than the amount aloud for wire. I will return the check if it is in their name. Monday, September 21, 2020 I will request another package from my previous employer where I early retired and start the process over. Even if I have to take a hit. I check online and YouTube that Wells Fargo's Brokers are just a bad as the bankers. CEO fired 100 bankers some years ago for duplicate accounts. This was on the news as well. Therefore, the world or at least US heard about including myself. I am not writing this review to disencourage anyone from using Wells Fargo Advisors. I just want you to check the company's records and be clear to ask questions. Good luck.

Original Review: I will give it a 3 Star right now because I just signed up with Wells Fargo Advisors personally at the Wells Fargo's location in Philadelphia. I have been banking with this bank for over 10 years so I feel comfortable. No problems at all. My Advisor Kevin is a very nice young man. I feel that I can trust him. However, when he told me there is a lot of risks I thought he said it in a way to be prepared. But, that could be my nerves because I am investing my entire retirement pension and 401k in this company. I am willing and happy to work with Kevin. We will meet often when he or I is available to talk about my investments. Looking forward in making a little money. I feel confident that my money will be safe.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

I had my account set for overdraft protection so I couldn't take out more money than what I had but Wells Fargo took it upon themselves to approve Snackcrate and Birchbox to take the money out that I didn't have in my account and on top of them two things making my account negative. I get charged two overdraft fees....I had no idea wells fargo would change my account to no overdraft protection without notifying me.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

My mother used Wells Fargo Financial Advisors for investments. One of the investments was an annuity. Either no one advised her to fill out the beneficiary portion or advised her to designate her estate as the beneficiary. So we had to go through probate for just this one investment and pay %30 income tax. Between lawyer fees and taxes the cost was over $20,000.00 out of $60,000.00. NEVER USE THESE CLOWNS!!!!

Original review: July 23, 2020

One star is really too many stars for the extremely poor customer service delivered by Wells Fargo Advisors. I am a long time customer. They failed to credit a deposit to an account I have with them. I have called and faxed them repeatedly over the past month in an attempt to get them to correct their error. I have spent well over an hour on hold on the phone. At one point I spoke to a CSR who assured me that I would hear something back from them by the end of the day. Of course, I did not. This is how they treat a customer of 15 years!! I run a business and I understand customer service. In my business, I go the extra mile to deliver excellent customer service to keep my clients happy. Trying to get through to anyone who can actually help you is a near impossible task. Go to Vanguard, or Fidelity, or USAA. But whatever you do, do not do business with Wells Fargo Advisors. You will only end up regretting it.

Original review: July 21, 2020

Do not use their brokerage services to trade, this is the worst bank I ever had to deal with when it comes to online trading. STAY AWAY!!!! I opened a brokerage account under my trust and started trading stocks. After some time, they required some forms and locked my account without calling me. At this point I have stocks that I cannot sell and they don't care. I sent in the forms twice, once through one of their branches and they have yet to call me back. They keep saying two to three business days and I have yet to receive any phone calls. It's been close to three weeks and I keep calling and trying to sell my stocks with no luck.

I tried escalating this and getting a hold of that department to release my account so I can sell my stock but they will not transfer me over because there is no direct line. They don't care if your stocks tank and you lose all of your money. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED!!! The thing is that I am not the type to go out of my way to write a review but their lack of caring and incompetence was just too much and I had to do something.

Original review: July 15, 2020

I’m giving review on Mr. Vince ** at the Louetta and Stuebner airline address. Mr. ** did a great Job helping me to open up my Business account. I had a great and I Just really appreciate his help. I really love this Bank. Very nice peoples.

Original review: May 29, 2020

I have had Wells Fargo for about 8 years now and they always fail me with their online banking. During a pandemic, their account systems logged my transactions incorrectly, which the service rep verified, however they charged me a fee for not doing anything incorrectly on my end. The rep advised that again, during a pandemic, I would only get back half of the fees charged to my account. I am highly dissatisfied considering the time length I have been with this banking institution and will also be going to add to their F rating with the BBB. So greedy to do this to people at a time when so many are suffering financially and with their health.

Original review: April 7, 2020

Scammed for $200 - the branch isn’t crediting back the unauthorized withdrawal. Claim was closed less than 48 hours. I had my transaction history, atm ID + location, past withdrawals, etc. to show it was not me who made the withdrawal. However, because I have used this location (capital) 8 times since 2013 aka the same location the unauthorized withdrawal was taken from - the claims department came to a conclusion it was not fraud. Yet, my account was hacked and I was not able to even access my account without going to the branch twice AND calling more than 4 times. Every person I talked to on the phone was inconsiderate and could care less about my situation.

Wells Fargo Advisors author review by Barbara Friedberg

Wells Fargo Advisors handles $1.4 trillion in client assets and is one of the country's leading financial services firms. The Wells Fargo Advisors serve their clientele in person, over-the-phone or online. The company brings Wall Street vision and Main Street values to their client relationships.

• Services: Wells Fargo Advisors serve their clientele with insurance, investing, banking and general money solutions. Their interrelationship with other Wells Fargo and Company financial departments incorporates an expansive array of money solutions for their clients.

• Products: Their financial products include a wide range of investments, including stocks, bonds, mutual funds, exchange traded funds, futures, commodities, certificates of deposit and more. The firm provides a suite of insurance products including life, disability, long term care and annuities. Wells Fargo Advisors also offers credit and lending products, along with business services and Advisory Services for wealth management.

• Investment philosophy: The Wells Fargo mission is to help clients succeed financially. The company provides advice and guidance to help maximize all elements of the consumer’s financial life, whenever and however it is needed.

• Educational and client resources: The Wells Fargo Advisors “Our Insights” portal offers strategy and research information including market commentary, investment insights, special reports and more from their panel of experts.

by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Contributing Editor