Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.37/5

Wells Fargo Advisors Reviews

Original review: March 31, 2020

I have been in contact by phone and email with Wealth Mgmt in Phila. I have been with this Bank since 1969 when it was American Bank and worked for them for 10yrs. The issue has to do with a trust fund/will. They are not abiding by the way my Father word/set it up. They are "supposed" to be one of the trustees, but do not make any decision on their own. Unfortunately, my Father assigned a person who he trusted. He despises us because we would not sell him my Dad's company. Instead, we had to fire him for intentionally putting it in debt (and we have proof). I explained this to the bank but they said they weren't lawyers!!

They dismiss me everytime and refuse to acknowledge the problem. I can back up everything and Wealth Mgmt doesn't give a rat's ass about us. They don't even disagree with me..just do not want to be bothered. And we all know that this bank really earned a bad reputation a few yrs ago. I wil go to another bank regardless of the hassle. There is more to this problem and would love to share it. This has depressed me to the point where I get anxiety attacks and get counseled. Thank God for **. Does anyone ever get a response from our experience?? Doubt it.

Original review: March 28, 2020

Jared ** with Wells Fargo Advisors in the Reading, Pennsylvania area has consistently exhibited several outstanding qualities, while administering my mother’s finances since January 2018. As a Financial Representative / Advisor; Mr. ** is knowledgeable, attentive, and accessible; and passionate while focusing on important details. He has communicated consistently least quarterly in a clear, honest manner; and adheres to a fiduciary standard.

Get expert buying tips about Online Financial Advisors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 28, 2020

Well seeing my IRA going down from the virus, I called my advisor Adam in Virginia Mn to move my funds into a stable bond fund. I told Adam that I wanted to completely be out of stocks and mutual funds! Next trading day in my new fund I find out at the end of trading I lost $1800. I call Adam and ask him why I lost so much in a bond fund. He told me the fund had 30% mutual funds and it was the only thing he could do. Turns out for him to keep his commission was to keep my funds in a Wells fund! And he disrespected my wishes to protect my assets! I realize now that he was trained this way or is just concerned about keeping me in his client portfolio. So I’m now officially out of wells and moved on to Fidelity. Posting this I hope it helps investors to be cautious when investing with these advisors!

Original review: March 3, 2020

I’ll keep this short. Couple years ago I left Wells Fargo Advisors because my advisor of 19 years Mike ** conned me unload me to sleep in a portfolio that made Wells Fargo the lion share of the profit while keeping me down at 3% then he neglected to tell me of the fees the exorbitant fees for buying stocks through Wells Fargo advisors. When I reported him to Wells Fargo‘s Robert ** he sent back a letter saying that he reviewed everything and everything seem to be normal and straight. Of course it does it when your Wells Fargo advisers ripping people off. These people are so jaded they don’t know which side is up. Run away from these people. Especially those in Richmond Virginia. They have no moral compass.

Original review: March 1, 2020

My mother has three corporate trusts with this firm and she can't get the money that she inherited within these trusts. She has been fighting them over a budget issue for almost three months now since a new trust administrator took over. We are now at the point of getting attorneys involved and most likely moving the trusts.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo Advisors?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

Called to pay my daughter's student loan like I do EVERY MONTH and EVERY MONTH they give me a hard time!!! I'M GIVING YOU MONEY!!! WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SO HARD EVERY SINGLE MONTH?!!! First of all the phone number in the student loan payment paperwork is 1-800-459-8451. Every. Single. Time I call I get told... "This isn't the student loan number!" Today, 1/13/2020. I called at approximately 1:25, waited on hold almost 10 minutes only to get this rude lady keep telling me it's the wrong number. She didnt want to transfer me, just wanted to keep telling me it's the wrong number. FINALLY I got upset and told her to just transfer me to them and she hung up on me!!!! I guess they don't want my money!! This place NEVER knows what they are doing!!!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

My experience with Wells Fargo Trumbull, CT Branch was very unfortunate and disappointing. I walked in the Trumbull branch confidently expecting to do business. I was greeted by a Loan advisor. His name is Crucito **. He was very helpful during the loan process. However, it took several days for a e-mail response. I was first sent a conditional approval email response. They needed more documentation which I immediately provided.

Let it be known that I have an A+ credit rating (credit score 813). I've never been late on any payment history, I work very hard to keep my credit in excellent standard, I myself is a business woman, a Manager for a big company for almost 20 years. I have a mortgage for 15 years in which I pay faithfully. I'm a very responsible person. I was never denied for any business. Until now by Wells Fargo Trumbull Ct, branch after being approved initially. This will be my first and last time I will ever go visit any of your Wells Fargo branches.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I have been trying to make a trade for one week and my account has been restricted so I have been unable to make any trades. The brokerage customer service cannot even tell me why and that is probably some kind formation brokerage doesn’t have. The agent went through numerous questions to fill out some form. So all these questions and she doesn’t even know what brokerage is missing and can not communicate with them! She said it may take a week or two or she has seen it take a month or two. Ridiculous!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I took a loan on my 401k. When I called to establish and loan, their rep informed me I could leave the company and take my 401k with me and still make payments. I signed up and all was well. I then left the company a few months later and called to set up my payments to continue my payments and they informed me per the guidelines I have at it back in full or take it as income. I escalated and they did confirm their rep did inform me I could take my loan way from the company but there is nothing they could do.

I escalated above that and the manager Travis ** is the most ignorant person I have ever met. He informed me there is nothing I could do and informed me I need after confirming error of emission that they made a mistake that there is nothing they can do. I advised them they made the mistake and need to make it right. They have turned the eye and have done nothing and will not do anything. I have made a BBB complaint and have seemed legal matter but it could cost me more than taxes would be worth. This retirement services is the most disrespectful group I have ever worked with. I have managers hanging up on me and have asked to speak to Travis ** manager and he refuses to send me to them and then closes my complaint. I hope this blows up on them.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

I am a customer for many years and tried to open up an IRA account for my son, who is a minor. After filling out the first application page online, I was directed to call WF at 1-866-460-8462 to continue opening up a brokerage account for a minor. The line was answered quickly on a recorded line and I was informed by the representative that WF does not offer IRA accounts for minors. Because I wanted to understand if I could open up this type of account at a different bank, I attempted to clarify if there is a legal prohibition to open up an IRA account for minors or if WF had just an internal policy to not offer IRA accounts to minors.

Because my question was not answered and I simply received the same information "We don't offer IRA accounts for minors", I repeated and explained my question again. The representative seemed frustrated that I would not accept the "cookie cutter" answer. He rhetorically asked the question "I don't know what you're not understanding about my answer" and before I could respond, the representative wished my a good day and hung up on me.

I found this service rude, unprofessional and unacceptable. I understand and accept if the representative does not know the answer to my question, but this can be communicated professionally. Since I had a generic question I was not asked for my client account information and hence no record was linked to me as an existing customer. I am not sure if this "anonymous" interaction encouraged the representative to be less courteous and I wonder if any knowledge of my existing relationship as client would have lead to better service. It is noteworthy that the conversation happened on a recorded line. This experience is certainly not what I would expect from this big bank and I hope not to encounter such treatment again going forward. There are too many banks vying for my business and moving my accounts is not as cumbersome anymore as it once was. WF Advisors needs to recognize this and train their customer service reps accordingly.

Wells Fargo Advisors expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Wells Fargo Advisors handles $1.4 trillion in client assets and is one of the country's leading financial services firms. The Wells Fargo Advisors serve their clientele in person, over-the-phone or online. The company brings Wall Street vision and Main Street values to their client relationships.

• Services: Wells Fargo Advisors serve their clientele with insurance, investing, banking and general money solutions. Their interrelationship with other Wells Fargo and Company financial departments incorporates an expansive array of money solutions for their clients.

• Products: Their financial products include a wide range of investments, including stocks, bonds, mutual funds, exchange traded funds, futures, commodities, certificates of deposit and more. The firm provides a suite of insurance products including life, disability, long term care and annuities. Wells Fargo Advisors also offers credit and lending products, along with business services and Advisory Services for wealth management.

• Investment philosophy: The Wells Fargo mission is to help clients succeed financially. The company provides advice and guidance to help maximize all elements of the consumer’s financial life, whenever and however it is needed.

• Educational and client resources: The Wells Fargo Advisors “Our Insights” portal offers strategy and research information including market commentary, investment insights, special reports and more from their panel of experts.

• Best for: Wells Fargo Advisors serve consumers looking for a one-stop shop for all financial management needs, from banking to lending.

by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Contributing Editor