Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.33/5

Looking for a financial advisor?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Wells Fargo Advisors Reviews

Original review: July 30, 2019

Mom & I had a Wells Fargo account that we didn't pay any fees. Mom died and I wanted to add my brother to the account. They said I would have to fill out new forms. Not once did the person on the line say he was changing our account to a fee based "Financial Advisor" account. I am now being charged $305. If I don't pay it they will simply sell some of my investment to cover the fee. This I believe is highly unethical. I will be placing a complaint with the SEC.

Original review: June 23, 2019

My employer gave me a small stock award and designated Wells Fargo as the investment banker for about 40 shares of company stock. Since it only amounted to about $350.00 I let the stock just stay put-did not pay much attention to the account. So after many of no fees years, Wells Fargo started charging 150.00 fee a year and now my account is negative -$61.00. They should have called me in person or sent a E-mail highlighted. What are we paying the fees for anyway. TD Ameritrade does not charge a penny for fees other than trade commissions. What is Wells Fargo doing with all these fee charges. I honestly feel scammed.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I transferred money from a 401K when I left a job to Wells Fargo in early 2000. We are now in 2019. While the money has not grown much, I considered it a safe place to keep the money. I couldn't have been more wrong!! In Dec 2018, I closed the account. Of course I had to pay all their fees, which amounted to almost $600 on my small $2300 investment, but that was fine. They sent 2 checks to my personal checking account in Jan 2019 amounting to about $1500. Then in May 2019 they WITHDREW another $455 from my checking account.

I have been calling them since May 10 for an explanation of the withdrawal and to have that money put back in my checking account. I have heard every excuse you can think of, from "It was an error and the money will be reversed in back in your account in 48 hours" to "You filled out paperwork for a distribution to Wells Fargo!" It is going on 60 days, the matter is NOT resolved, the money has not been reversed and nobody has ever called me back, aside from all the promises they make every time I call. I would have been better off making a donation of $500 to charity. Beware of Wells Fargo Advisors!!

Original review: June 17, 2019

In late May 2019, I closed my account at Wells Fargo Advisors and transferred all of my mutual funds to another large mutual fund company. Imagine my surprise when I received a bill for a termination fee of $125.00. It was so nice of them to give me a going away present like that. It just confirmed my suspicions that their ethics and greed problems that they have had in the last 5 or 6 years has not changed or gone away. This really confirmed that my decision to move my mutual fund account elsewhere was the right move. If they ever wanted to make sure I will never do business with them or any of their subsidiaries again, they found a way. Any new investors considering Wells Fargo Advisors or any of their subsidiaries should read up on the various ethics problems and multi-million dollars fines the government have imposed on them because of these problems. New investors would do well to consider almost any other investment company.

Original review: March 27, 2019

There are too many manual process. I want my money back. I reached out customer service and they are trying to close it for last six month. Every time some excuse about some supervisor not available to close it. It's like foreclosing my own money with Wells Fargo.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo Advisors?

Original review: March 26, 2019

I invested $51K with Advisors in 2013, today it is worth just under $57K. This guy is a horrible excuse for an investor. I would have been better off leaving that money somewhere at 1.5%. If you are thinking of using WFAdvisors, don't.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I could not be less satisfied with my overall Wells Fargo experience. Their brokerage services were no different. From poor customer service, to hidden fees, they really set the bar low. Oh, and I forgot minimal trade options and poor user interface. As I was closing my account, I made a trade to offload a few penny stocks that yielded no money due to hidden fees! They are the absolute worst, as is their standard banking service. Please leave them immediately and punish them for their predatory ways!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I open my account last year in 2018. I get letter in the mail today saying that it was holding on my brokerage account. When I check my account it said the money was deposit into the brokerage account on January 18 2019 then I get the letter said that it was confirmed fraud on 1/29/2019 when the money was already deposited in the brokerage account. Wells Fargo is charged people with unnecessary charges on their account without their consent. It seems to me that Wells Fargo needs to go out of business because they have too many scandals and scams. They need to be investigated by BBT consumer services.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I opened my account almost 4 years back with managed services. They did a horrible job for the 1.5% service fee. After which the advisor Manuel reduce it to 1%.

Just recently I was to dissolve my account, they have charged me so many hidden charges and I am not able to get my money out. When I call customer service, they say to keep the account open until dispute is resolved. However my credit of $186.00 is held back by regional manager. I have spoken to Louis **, Left numerous messages to Daniel ** with absolutely no resolution. DO NOT ever put your money with these idiots. I am filing a complaint with BBB to get my refund.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I do not know whether I will end up with a re-fi mortgage from your organization at this point in time, but I do know that I received the best customer service from Thomas ** than anyone that I’ve ever spoken at a bank or credit union. While answering the phone, without being prompted he stated his name and License Number. **. I do hope everyone checks to see if their loan officer is licensed. MANY ARE NOT! I am 67 years old and I have been in leadership positions all my life and I have high expectations of the ethics and knowledge from those with whom I speak.

I asked to speak with the supervisor of THOMAS because of his extreme good manners, his knowledge, which was thorough and complete, and keeping me informed of any possible situation that I might run into so that I would not be surprised or caught off guard. My best friend is a mortgage loan officer and recently has moved over to an online bank, and they are rated very highly, but online reviews indicate their customer service is poor, and it is very difficult to get anyone on the telephone. I tested of that out for myself and after 12 phone calls I never spoke to a live person, not even a receptionist or phone operator. My wife and I need to be able to pick up the phone and talk with someone and get good information

Obviously, the online bank does not have enough support staff and they just want to make a quick deal and be done with you. It reminds me of buying a car that you’re really not buying a car from the salesman but from the service and maintenance department, because that’s really who you'll be dealing with after the paperwork is signed. My credit score is 800, my wife's is 720, and Thomas informing me of how my loan interest rate is configured. Since I informed THOMAS that I was 67, I discussed with him of how the loan should be structured and then he informed me that the loan could be in my name, since I have the higher credit score, but the title could be in the name of my wife and me, should something happen to me that would make paperwork and ownership a non-issue.

I didn’t ask how long he’s been in the business and he said 10 years which is important to me. But it did not surprise me because of his vast knowledge. I was also concerned about with whomever I take a loan that it will be sold. I realize that is a regular part of the banking business, but if it’s sold to an online bank and I have to deal with her poor customer service then I would have no interest in doing business with you. But THOMAS assured me that your institution is large enough that there would be a great chance WELLS FARGO will service the loan.

THOMAS did volunteer, that even if I don’t take a loan out with him, I could call him should I have any questions. He provided his direct dial number, and followed up our conversation with an email. I did read multiple online comments that I should stay away from Wells Fargo because of some past problems that they've had, but to make a blanket statement is unfair. I did expressed to THOMAS that Wells Fargo is just a brand, that the only way I can judge Wells Fargo is the contact with Thomas, and that is the only way I can judge the organizatio-n.

Thomas is a tremendous representative of Wells Fargo, and I will go online to make some favorable comments, not only about THOMAS, but the department and company. People should not rely on news clippings, but actual first hand knowledge, and if they have any concerns they should pick up the phone and call someone and see how they are respected and treated. I am confident that those with complaints are much more likely to post negative comments, but there are many satisfied customers. I did not call THOMAS until after 5 PM Eastern time and to get someone on the phone for most companies at that time of day is not likely but because of the vast organization at Wells Fargo it was easy for me to speak with someone.

Other companies collected information from me and promised to have someone call me. It is not a surprise that not a single person returned my call. Throughout my life I have work long hours to provide good customer service, the work ethic of too many people in the current era is to take off work early and to heck with the customers. I did call one federal credit union and they said someone would call me back in 24 to 48 hours. You got to be kidding me! Another bank said the same thing. I was pleasantly surprised to get straight through to a licensed load officer and he could not been more pleasant, more informative, more knowledgeable, and I felt like I was the most important person in the world.

I know this email is a little too long, but I ask if your next staff meeting or company-wide communication at least part of this email is distributed. It comes from a seasoned customer but yet I learned some information from THOMAS. In no way did he take any shortcuts or try to get me off of the phone. He was aware that I was making no commitment to him but yet he has my best interest in mind. Thomas would make a terrific presenter to new employees joining the company.

I would also be willing to videotape a mock question and answer from the viewpoint of typical customer making an inquiry…of how to answer every question the customer has so that the customer feels comfortable which will lead to more commitments. Lastly, Thomas was ethical and down to earth. He provided INFORMATION, and at no time did he try to pressed me into making a commit to him. If he had, I would have ended the conversation. He is deserving of recognition, if not a pay raise!

Wells Fargo Advisors Company Information