2.47/5
Based on 17 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for an identity theft protection provider?

Last updated: March 15, 2018

17 TrustedID Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: March 15, 2018

Like millions of others, I was part of the Equifax hack. Got the TrustedID they provided. 3/15/18 I get 9 emails and 1 text from them with alerts of fraud to my account. I immediately check my Lifelock - no problem or alert there. Not trusting the emails (too much phishing) I call TrustedID. After inquiring about the situation and a 5 minute conversation with questions, the representative reveals that they had a technical issue today that caused the erroneous emails and texts! What? You are "trusted" with my personal financial information and send multiple mistaken "alerts" to someone who has been compromised by Equifax? Wish this site had option for negative stars.

Original review: March 9, 2018

My dad had his ID stolen, so I went with AARP’s suggestion of TrustedID. BIG MISTAKE! First, I tried filling out the form on their website nine times, to no avail. I then called, the man was rude and refused to help. I then called AARP and told them what had happened, they told me they could not fill the form out and for me to call them. I called again and got Alexa with TrustedID, I explained what my experience was, and she said she could help, I was on the phone a total time of 39 minutes and 10 seconds, I gave her all of my Dad's info along with his cc #, the last words she said was that I would receive an email confirmation and my Dad‘s login and password, then said “hold on”, 10 minutes went by, and the original greeting came on.

I then got Amir, who looked up the account and said there was not one and said he would have to start the process over, I told him no and to transfer me to a supervisor. He was not at his desk and mailbox was full (imagine that). I called AARP again and filed a complaint. I told my Dad to cancel his credit card because this company, which is owned by Equifax, cannot be trusted.

Get expert buying tips about Identity Theft Protection delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

The fact the word "trust" is used in their name is a total insult to the word. Like many other people devastated by the Equifax breach, I signed-up for the service immediately hoping for some chance of protection. Again, like many of the other complaints on this forum, it was a challenge just to get through and obtain the protection. Equifax has no quality control and inspires absolutely no faith in their business practices. Fast forward several months, and I am in the process of purchasing a home. I log onto the TrustedID site to "unlock" my credit report. I select the "unlock" button as directed, and receive a message indicating that it will take up to 48 hours. It has now been 5 days, and many frustrating phone calls being transferred again and again.

Each person I am forwarded to asks me for the same information (SSN, DOB, etc.). It's no wonder Equifax is responsible for the breach considering how many times you are required to provide your private information. After nearly 2 hours on the phone and several transfers (many of them to the Philippines, employing operators with extremely thick accents), I was told there is a technical issue on their end preventing my report from being unlocked. In the meantime I cannot qualify for a loan without it being accessible to my lender. I have no idea how long this will take to remedy, and cannot find any knowledgeable help from Equifax.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

Called them 12/13; called five different telephone numbers trying to get help as there was no captcha code so I could update my Fraud alerts online. I finally acquired a LIVE person who said she would update my fraud alerts but only after she asked me several personal questions...which was spooky. Then when I asked her to help me resolve the issue for future...she could not help me. Referred me to a phone number which again was automated.

I finally did find a "contact us" on their website. They gave me an "automated email" with a Case number followed by another email that said to contact the Customer Care dept. which again is an automated number (one of the five I contacted before) AND on top of that I received another email asking me to update my Fraud alerts. At least this time when I went online there was a Captcha code but it did not do any good. I hit the submit button and it did not "submit". VERY FRUSTRATING!!! I finally just went in on my account and chose "I added a fraud alert" and that seemed to work... I hope!!!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

BEWARE, STAY AWAY FROM TRUSTEDID. After having a paid subscription for 2 years ($240 per year), we decided to cancel. I went on the website, clicked on the link to cancel & a message came up saying to call 888-548-7878. I called & was told to call 866-640-2273, I called & was told to call 888-548-7878 again, so I did. And I was then told to call 866- 243-8181 & I did & was told to call 866-447-7559 & I did & was told to call 877-447-7559 & I did & was told to call 877-394-7074 & I did & was told to call 866-640-2273 again.

Obviously lots more to this story (much too much to even try to explain). But the bottom line is, after over an hour and a half on the phone & calling all these numbers, being treated very rudely, being accused of using profanity (don't think any of them even understood English well, guess that's what to expect, when you have to press 1, to speak to someone in English, in America) when I said, "Please stop giving me the runaround", hung up on by someone named Eddie, at the 866-640-2273 number, when I asked to be transferred to a supervisor, my issue is still not resolved. So I had no choice but to file a dispute with my credit card company & block them from charging me again. BEWARE, STAY AWAY FROM TRUSTEDID.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TrustedID?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Equifax was hacked and released financial information of a vast number of people who did not want Equifax to have that information to begin with. Then Equifax claimed TrustedID would provide services to the Equifax victims. Equifax has screwed that up in many ways. Equifax is helping no one. TrustedID is a fake source of assistance. I signed up a LLLOOONNNGGG time ago and cannot log in. No help there. Perhaps the solution is to run up all your credit card and spend all your money before the thieves, enabled by Equifax and TrustedID, get it all.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

My situation is the same like most people. Tried to register for the free monitoring TrustedID Premier service for myself and my wife. As you had read, that will always fail at the end. TrustedID will always tell us either our email addresses or passwords or birthdays, or last 4 digits of our SSN are wrong. I can tell you that the wrongness is on the TrustedID system. Their computers will immediately scramble your registered information so that your real information will never match.

Obviously there is an agreement between Equifax and TrustedID to put out this fake service so that they can pretend there is an ID protection service available. But it is a deception. They (Equifax and TrustedID) have created several layers of authentication. You will eventually fail on one of the security check. Or you will not get through one step in their process. Their system is setup for you to fail. Period. It always comes back to Your details do not match or you are missing an item.

There is no point of calling them either because they will hang up before corrections are made. And, if you are lucky enough to have a TrustedID agent making whatever correction to your information on their servers, that information will immediately be scrambled again afterward. Equifax and TrustedID are both fraudulent in their operations. They should be fine big time.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I have paid for years of service. I figured out, not TrustedID, who is suppose to monitor these things, that my identity had been stolen. I immediately called TrustedID to help me with the identity theft only to find out their 'fraud' department is only open Monday-Friday. After waiting for their fraud department to open on Monday morning I called. They passed me on to the 'fraud' department, which turned out to be a foreign call center who had no idea who I was or why I was forwarded to them. The 'fraud' department (really a foreign call center) proceeded to ask for all my information like my social security number etc., which was what had just been stolen so why would I give it to some random person in a foreign call center who didn't work for TrustedID and did not know why I was forwarded to them.

I have tried for 3 days now to get help or for someone to help walk me through the identity theft issue and how to proceed only to figure out there truly is no 'fraud' department for TrustedID and there is no credit 'disputes' department either. You are on your own if you encounter identity theft while being a TrustedID customer. They are completely useless and they don't seem to care.

Original review: April 20, 2017

On April 19 at 8:14 PM I received a cancellation notice from Trusted ID notifying me that my IDEssentials service was cancelled... no reason given. I called a Customer Care agent and was informed that this occurred due to their inability to access my credit card (timed out). She identified that payment was due on April 19 and further identified that since this was automated she was not able to reinstate service given updated credit card information. That TrustedID was bought out and that I should call Equifax to establish a "new" account. Given the inability to resolve the issue I asked to speak with a supervisor, to resolve her computer lock-out.

After a 40+ minute wait, a floor supervisor (Lindsey **) picked up the call. She explained that I was cancelled because they twice tried to charge the card. When I asked when they tried, she identified that this occurred at 9:01 and 9:02 the morning that the bill was due. No email notification was provided. No grace period on a one-day turn of events. She offered to help me select a comparable Equifax service. Not only would I need to re-enter all my information, but this would cost me an additional $45 a year (35% increase). I identified that I was not interested in a new account, but she also was unable to reinstate my services. I asked to speak with another supervisor who could fix the cancellation and was told that she was the floor supervisor and that nobody could override the computer cancellation. No satisfactory answer was given to my question why was I not given notice!

Equifax bought out TrustedID in 2013. In my opinion this was a deliberate operation to prune loyal, grandfathered customers as a method of increasing revenue. I had (past tense) service with Trusted ID in place since 2013, and given these tactics and lack of real people to fix computer errors, I would not recommend Equifax to anybody. How much of a run-around would I receive if my identity was compromised and I needed to use the paid for protection??? If I can't get notification on their credit card access, how can I count on them providing notification if my ID was compromised by someone else?

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

Customer service is excellent. They are so easy to reach and exceptionally knowledgeable. They always have the answer, even with account issues. This identity theft service provided a lot of value and service for the money spent. An exceptional value in my book over others. So glad we saved with them. This service provided excellent credit monitoring and identified activity I didn't even think they would catch. They saved us a lot when we had an ID theft situation. I count on them to keep an eye on my credit report so I can handle more important and pressing issues. They have your back and always get you the info you need.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

The customer service was very good and explained everything to me when I needed help. They knew what they were talking about and assured me that my identity was secured. It didn't cost as much as I thought it would at first. They handled everything properly and sufficiently. This is a very good company for the cost and I would recommend this place. Their monitoring was excellent. They notified me anytime something looked suspicious and it helped a great deal. It made me feel safer and more secure and everything that they do. They are a very reliable company.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

The customer service was great. They were very friendly and they helped me with anything I needed and Answered all my questions in a professional and friendly manner and I was just very pleased with them. And if I ever need anything still to this day they will help me if I call them. The cost of this security system was great and very affordable. Anyone can afford this and it makes your family feel safe and secure and it has a lifetime warranty so I recommend this product to everyone out there. It really is great. I just love the security system. The reliability of the security system is wonderful because someone monitors the systems twenty-four seven and if yours goes off they call to make sure everything is ok and if there's no answer they send help right away and it makes you feel safe and secure.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

Customer service is good. Whenever I have a question or concern, they are always helpful and they help me whenever they can. They are a great company. The cost is reasonable and doesn't cost a lot to use. I think it's worth the money to have your identity protected. Monitoring services is great so far. Whenever there is something amiss in my credit history, they are the first to inform me and make sure that it's me doing what I gotta do. They are a really reliable company. They are one of the best in the business. I can't recommend them enough. They are great at protection your identity and whatnot.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

The customer service was great. They were super friendly and very empathetic to what happened to me. Walked me through the best services available and helped me to start correcting the damage done by whoever used my information. I was very satisfied with the price that I paid for this service, especially considering the peace of mind and security that comes with it. The product it great. Awesome monitoring service. I get notified anytime a suspicious purchase pops up on any of my accounts, or when a new card is requested using my social security number. I think they do an outstanding job. I find the company to be very reliable. They e-mail me frequently to check up on me and they are always there when I call for assistance.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

Customer service was very easy and direct to contact. I knew if there was a problem or I had a question that I could easily get a hold of someone. Very reasonable monthly cost with a 14 day money back guarantee, cost efficient and risk free for the first two weeks. Would recommend. I was very satisfied with their monitoring service overall. They offered daily detection so that I'd always have peace of mind. I knew I didn't have to worry because they'd alert me if anything was going on. I had nothing but positive experiences regarding this company's reliability. I found them to be totally reliable and trustworthy. I'd express my feelings about their reliability to anyone who would ask.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

From the reviews I researched, it was pretty decent, which is why I chose this service. The customer service was ok. They always resolved my issue but some issues were more difficult to resolve than others. The price I say is just right. Different packages are available. I picked what was the most affordable for me. I think it could be a little cheaper but you can put a price on safety I guess. Their monitoring service was excellent. I was always alerted to things that could be potentially harmful to me and threaten my security. My identity was never stolen. Completely reliable and trustworthy. You can count on this service. Never had an issue with this. It's amazing. I don't what else to say about it other than I highly recommend it.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2015

- 1000, I cancelled my 14-day free trial on the day I first signed up. This company just charged me for a service that I cancelled. Won't give me my money back, said I needed to answer their representative who explain fee pending charge. What part of Cancel do they not get? Scam. Fraud. For Identity theft, who protects me from TrustedID?

TrustedID expert review by Rob Douglas

Founded in 2004, TrustedID is an identity theft protection company that is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. TrustedID’s suite of products like IDEssentials uses proactive safeguards against identity theft. Equifax acquired the company in 2013.

• IDEssentials: IDEssentials, the company’s suite of ID protection tools, includes online access to credit scores and credit reports, three-bureau credit monitoring, Internet and public database scanning, lost wallet protection and fraud alerts.

• Equifax credit score: Because TrustedID is owned by Equifax, consumers have access to Equifax comprehensive credit reports.

• Plan options: Customers of TrustedID can choose a family or individual plan. Call or inquire online for pricing options.

• AARP discount: AARP members can enroll in individual or family identity protection plans for a discounted rate.

• Identity theft insurance: TrustedID offers $1 million in identity theft insurance. This insurance safeguards consumers against lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses and legal defenses.

• Best for: families, AARP members and people who have had their identities stolen.

Profile picture of Rob Douglas
    Rob Douglas

Identity Theft Protection Contributing Editor

Rob Douglas is an information security consultant specializing in the investigation and prevention of identity theft and scams. Rob is one of the nation’s leading authorities on the use of social engineering, impersonation, fraud and pretext to steal personal information. For two decades, Rob has assisted the financial services sector, the telecommunications industry, the general business community, government and law enforcement agencies to better understand the scope and methodology of identity crimes through presentations, educational materials, auditing and consultation.

TrustedID Company Information