2.14/5

Looking for an identity theft protection provider?

TrustedID

Looking for an identity theft protection provider?

22 TrustedID Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I had applied for a credit card and was informed that I needed to unlock my credit report. I contacted TrustedID about 4 times. The first call transferred me to another area. Then they said to try logging back in another time. Another rep said her system was running slow and to call her back in 30 minutes. What? They're supposed to keep my information secure and have issues with their computer? To make it worse, she hung up on me. Then I called again and asked to cancel TrustedID. The person said that I'd receive an email confirming. Since I did not receive an email, I called back the next day and the person said that would not receive an email until 3 days. It doesn't work for me.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

My subscription automatically renewed in September, I called customer support in October and was told it was cancelled and I would receive a refund. It is now January and I still have not received a refund. I called customer support again but they were no help as usual, told me that my account was cancelled but couldn't help with my refund after 20 minutes researching which credit card was used for the renewal. Horrible experience to say the least! I was also asked for my SSN, CC#, etc. but they couldn't help me. The number I called was (888) 548-7878.

Get expert buying tips about Identity Theft Protection delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I took the Equifax free identity theft following the September 7, 2017 cybersecurity incident. "We are now pleased to let you know that Equifax has chosen Experian®, one of the three nationwide credit bureaus, to provide you with an additional year of free credit monitoring service...". Then Dec 4, 2018 email "must enroll in IDnotify by January 31, 2019." But email on Dec 22 "Your TrustedID® Premier product has been cancelled..." Calls to TrustedID at (888) 280-8115 was very discerning as they referred to several phone numbers and asked for all my identity info: including SS#. zip, address, DOB, etc and could find NO record of emails sent to me. Scam? Sure seems like it. Keeping in mind that last emails also states "When your TrustedID Premier subscription cancels, your Equifax credit report will be unlocked..." It leaves me totally vulnerable. Corruption and this company and it deceptive practices should be stopped.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

During my free TrustedID my credit card was used illegally and I had to cancel it and get a new one. I continued to get emails from TrustedID saying my credit was fine. Yes, my credit was not damaged by the incident, but I feel they should have been aware and notified me. Seems useless to me.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Signed up with TrustedID because Equifax was compromised. Received an email that suspicious activity was on my Locker report. Tried three separate times to get thru the number provided. Finally got someone, who was clueless and kept saying he couldn't find my account! Wasn't about to continue giving my info and lo and behold he found it! After reviewing my issue told me there is nothing he can do, I'd have to contact the company that made the new inquiry! Ok! So why would he an email be sent telling me to contact TrustedID? Now, more than ever I feel my info was compromised, by TrustedID with a foreign call center! SCAM? Who knows, but Equifax you've not made me feel any safer!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TrustedID?

Original review: March 15, 2018

Like millions of others, I was part of the Equifax hack. Got the TrustedID they provided. 3/15/18 I get 9 emails and 1 text from them with alerts of fraud to my account. I immediately check my Lifelock - no problem or alert there. Not trusting the emails (too much phishing) I call TrustedID. After inquiring about the situation and a 5 minute conversation with questions, the representative reveals that they had a technical issue today that caused the erroneous emails and texts! What? You are "trusted" with my personal financial information and send multiple mistaken "alerts" to someone who has been compromised by Equifax? Wish this site had option for negative stars.

Original review: March 9, 2018

My dad had his ID stolen, so I went with AARP’s suggestion of TrustedID. BIG MISTAKE! First, I tried filling out the form on their website nine times, to no avail. I then called, the man was rude and refused to help. I then called AARP and told them what had happened, they told me they could not fill the form out and for me to call them. I called again and got Alexa with TrustedID, I explained what my experience was, and she said she could help, I was on the phone a total time of 39 minutes and 10 seconds, I gave her all of my Dad's info along with his cc #, the last words she said was that I would receive an email confirmation and my Dad‘s login and password, then said “hold on”, 10 minutes went by, and the original greeting came on.

I then got Amir, who looked up the account and said there was not one and said he would have to start the process over, I told him no and to transfer me to a supervisor. He was not at his desk and mailbox was full (imagine that). I called AARP again and filed a complaint. I told my Dad to cancel his credit card because this company, which is owned by Equifax, cannot be trusted.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

The fact the word "trust" is used in their name is a total insult to the word. Like many other people devastated by the Equifax breach, I signed-up for the service immediately hoping for some chance of protection. Again, like many of the other complaints on this forum, it was a challenge just to get through and obtain the protection. Equifax has no quality control and inspires absolutely no faith in their business practices. Fast forward several months, and I am in the process of purchasing a home. I log onto the TrustedID site to "unlock" my credit report. I select the "unlock" button as directed, and receive a message indicating that it will take up to 48 hours. It has now been 5 days, and many frustrating phone calls being transferred again and again.

Each person I am forwarded to asks me for the same information (SSN, DOB, etc.). It's no wonder Equifax is responsible for the breach considering how many times you are required to provide your private information. After nearly 2 hours on the phone and several transfers (many of them to the Philippines, employing operators with extremely thick accents), I was told there is a technical issue on their end preventing my report from being unlocked. In the meantime I cannot qualify for a loan without it being accessible to my lender. I have no idea how long this will take to remedy, and cannot find any knowledgeable help from Equifax.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

Called them 12/13; called five different telephone numbers trying to get help as there was no captcha code so I could update my Fraud alerts online. I finally acquired a LIVE person who said she would update my fraud alerts but only after she asked me several personal questions...which was spooky. Then when I asked her to help me resolve the issue for future...she could not help me. Referred me to a phone number which again was automated.

I finally did find a "contact us" on their website. They gave me an "automated email" with a Case number followed by another email that said to contact the Customer Care dept. which again is an automated number (one of the five I contacted before) AND on top of that I received another email asking me to update my Fraud alerts. At least this time when I went online there was a Captcha code but it did not do any good. I hit the submit button and it did not "submit". VERY FRUSTRATING!!! I finally just went in on my account and chose "I added a fraud alert" and that seemed to work... I hope!!!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

BEWARE, STAY AWAY FROM TRUSTEDID. After having a paid subscription for 2 years ($240 per year), we decided to cancel. I went on the website, clicked on the link to cancel & a message came up saying to call 888-548-7878. I called & was told to call 866-640-2273, I called & was told to call 888-548-7878 again, so I did. And I was then told to call 866- 243-8181 & I did & was told to call 866-447-7559 & I did & was told to call 877-447-7559 & I did & was told to call 877-394-7074 & I did & was told to call 866-640-2273 again.

Obviously lots more to this story (much too much to even try to explain). But the bottom line is, after over an hour and a half on the phone & calling all these numbers, being treated very rudely, being accused of using profanity (don't think any of them even understood English well, guess that's what to expect, when you have to press 1, to speak to someone in English, in America) when I said, "Please stop giving me the runaround", hung up on by someone named Eddie, at the 866-640-2273 number, when I asked to be transferred to a supervisor, my issue is still not resolved. So I had no choice but to file a dispute with my credit card company & block them from charging me again. BEWARE, STAY AWAY FROM TRUSTEDID.

TrustedID expert review by Rob Douglas

A monitoring and identity theft protection service available from Equifax that offers two individual plans (starting at $16.99) or a family plan ($19.99). Each includes 3-bureau credit monitoring and fraud, financial and suspicious activity alerts.

• Credit monitoring from major bureaus: All TrustedID plans include credit file monitoring and alerts to changes on Equifax, TransUnion and Experian files.

• Credit score access: Since the plan is offered through Equifax, it provides access to your Equifax credit score at any time.

• Customizable alerts: In addition to getting alerts for fraud and suspicious activity, members have the option to set up customized alerts on financial activity.

• Credit lock: Included with each plan is also the option for Equifax Credit Lock that limits access to your credit report.

• ID theft insurance: Trusted ID provides identity theft insurance for up to $1 million of out-of-pocket expenses in the event identity theft does occur.

Profile picture of Rob Douglas
      Rob Douglas Identity Theft Protection Contributing Editor

Rob Douglas is an information security consultant specializing in the investigation and prevention of identity theft and scams. Rob is one of the nation’s leading authorities on the use of social engineering, impersonation, fraud and pretext to steal personal information. For two decades, Rob has assisted the financial services sector, the telecommunications industry, the general business community, government and law enforcement agencies to better understand the scope and methodology of identity crimes through presentations, educational materials, auditing and consultation.

TrustedID Company Information