Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.74/5

TrustedID Reviews

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I was given the opportunity to use TrustedID service because of a breach that happened at one of our doctors offices. I was really happy since I was really concerned. Both my husband and I got the service for a year. They kept us fully informed of anything that might have happened for the year and then because of another breach with one of the reporting agencies we were given an extension for 5 years. My husband passed recently and when I notified them they immediately locked his account which stopped a couple of credit cards being opened in his name. I was notified immediate when this activity took place and the person doing it is now facing jail time for it. I was so glad to have this so I am being kept informed if anything unusual happens on my account.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

My connection to TrustedID came about due to a breach or security / information with a particular vendor. While I did not subscribe for the service, it was offered for free for one year, but the tracking quality provided by this vendor is substantial.

Get expert buying tips about Identity Theft Protection delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I received notification of my ID being used moments after it was stolen and used to open a CC at a gas station even before it was filed on hard copy. It allowed me to research further and prevent further damage to my credit by freezing my credit. Thieves do this to see if your credit is good by opening a card and charging a small amount to see what kind of credit they have access to. This was part of the big credit bureau security breach.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

It was free with a product I have. I’ve had no issues since I’ve had TrustedID. I used to at least 3 times a year had my cards stolen or name... it’s great. I’ve not had any identity theft issues as of late! Wow! It’s wonderful.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

It's OK, kind of a pain to get it all set up. We have it for 2 people, so you have to set it up for both. Now it is ending and getting moved over to Equifax complete. We'll see what this brings!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TrustedID?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

They used to notify me every month that there was no activity on my account and everything was ok. Or let me know about suspicious activity and check with me to be sure I knew about my account activity. Now they never do anything. I had this service for years, and I still found my name on the “dark web” and my son found my name on other lists where it shouldn’t have been.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

This is very necessary for almost companies, as we aware of the cyber crime, bank account hackers, so this is very important to secure our accounts and companies with reliable sources, even it must be advanced and upgrade as the time.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I receive frequent emails from this company when there is something to report or to provide peace of mind when there is nothing to report. If something is found, they explain what it is and how to fix it.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

I though since the data breach experian was offering a three membership to trusted id....now I am getting notices telling me it is about to expire. Not a real user friendly interface.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

Notified me of a possible ID theft and unauthorized charge to one of my credit accounts. Saved me thousands of dollars and untold frustration!

Not sure about TrustedID?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right identity theft protection for you.

TrustedID expert review by Rob Douglas

A monitoring and identity theft protection service available from Equifax that offers two individual plans (starting at $16.99) or a family plan ($19.99). Each includes 3-bureau credit monitoring and fraud, financial and suspicious activity alerts.

• Credit monitoring from major bureaus: All TrustedID plans include credit file monitoring and alerts to changes on Equifax, TransUnion and Experian files.

• Credit score access: Since the plan is offered through Equifax, it provides access to your Equifax credit score at any time.

• Customizable alerts: In addition to getting alerts for fraud and suspicious activity, members have the option to set up customized alerts on financial activity.

• Credit lock: Included with each plan is also the option for Equifax Credit Lock that limits access to your credit report.

• ID theft insurance: Trusted ID provides identity theft insurance for up to $1 million of out-of-pocket expenses in the event identity theft does occur.

by Rob Douglas Identity Theft Protection Contributing Editor

Rob Douglas is an information security consultant specializing in the investigation and prevention of identity theft and scams. Rob is one of the nation’s leading authorities on the use of social engineering, impersonation, fraud and pretext to steal personal information. For two decades, Rob has assisted the financial services sector, the telecommunications industry, the general business community, government and law enforcement agencies to better understand the scope and methodology of identity crimes through presentations, educational materials, auditing and consultation.

TrustedID Company Information