Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.80/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Take an Identity Theft Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

TrustedID Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TrustedID?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about TrustedID?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

It's OK, kind of a pain to get it all set up. We have it for 2 people, so you have to set it up for both. Now it is ending and getting moved over to Equifax complete. We'll see what this brings!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I'm not directly in contact with provider. They're automatically setup through my bank and credit monitoring through other services offered due to breaches.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

Received an email saying "." When attempting to log in, I received the following error message: "The account you are attempting to access is currently locked. Please contact Customer Support at ‭(888) 280-8115 for further assistance (IMC45)". When I called the ‭(888) 280-8115 phone number a gentleman (who was slightly less than professional-sounding) told me he couldn't locate my account after I gave him several of my telephone numbers. He then asked me to "confirm" my email address, so I played dumb, stating that I have so many he would need to give me the domain name of the one I am supposed to "confirm." He told me he didn't know that. When I refused to give him an email address, he said, "I can use your social!" Nice try, mister. I wasn't born yesterday. I flat-out refused and then he sat in silence on the phone until I just hung up. Absolutely ridiculous.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I had applied for a credit card and was informed that I needed to unlock my credit report. I contacted TrustedID about 4 times. The first call transferred me to another area. Then they said to try logging back in another time. Another rep said her system was running slow and to call her back in 30 minutes. What? They're supposed to keep my information secure and have issues with their computer? To make it worse, she hung up on me. Then I called again and asked to cancel TrustedID. The person said that I'd receive an email confirming. Since I did not receive an email, I called back the next day and the person said that would not receive an email until 3 days. It doesn't work for me.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

My subscription automatically renewed in September, I called customer support in October and was told it was cancelled and I would receive a refund. It is now January and I still have not received a refund. I called customer support again but they were no help as usual, told me that my account was cancelled but couldn't help with my refund after 20 minutes researching which credit card was used for the renewal. Horrible experience to say the least! I was also asked for my SSN, CC#, etc. but they couldn't help me. The number I called was (888) 548-7878.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I took the Equifax free identity theft following the September 7, 2017 cybersecurity incident. "We are now pleased to let you know that Equifax has chosen Experian®, one of the three nationwide credit bureaus, to provide you with an additional year of free credit monitoring service...". Then Dec 4, 2018 email "must enroll in IDnotify by January 31, 2019." But email on Dec 22 "Your TrustedID® Premier product has been cancelled..." Calls to TrustedID at (888) 280-8115 was very discerning as they referred to several phone numbers and asked for all my identity info: including SS#. zip, address, DOB, etc and could find NO record of emails sent to me. Scam? Sure seems like it. Keeping in mind that last emails also states "When your TrustedID Premier subscription cancels, your Equifax credit report will be unlocked..." It leaves me totally vulnerable. Corruption and this company and it deceptive practices should be stopped.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

During my free TrustedID my credit card was used illegally and I had to cancel it and get a new one. I continued to get emails from TrustedID saying my credit was fine. Yes, my credit was not damaged by the incident, but I feel they should have been aware and notified me. Seems useless to me.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Signed up with TrustedID because Equifax was compromised. Received an email that suspicious activity was on my Locker report. Tried three separate times to get thru the number provided. Finally got someone, who was clueless and kept saying he couldn't find my account! Wasn't about to continue giving my info and lo and behold he found it! After reviewing my issue told me there is nothing he can do, I'd have to contact the company that made the new inquiry! Ok! So why would he an email be sent telling me to contact TrustedID? Now, more than ever I feel my info was compromised, by TrustedID with a foreign call center! SCAM? Who knows, but Equifax you've not made me feel any safer!

Original review: March 15, 2018

Like millions of others, I was part of the Equifax hack. Got the TrustedID they provided. 3/15/18 I get 9 emails and 1 text from them with alerts of fraud to my account. I immediately check my Lifelock - no problem or alert there. Not trusting the emails (too much phishing) I call TrustedID. After inquiring about the situation and a 5 minute conversation with questions, the representative reveals that they had a technical issue today that caused the erroneous emails and texts! What? You are "trusted" with my personal financial information and send multiple mistaken "alerts" to someone who has been compromised by Equifax? Wish this site had option for negative stars.

Original review: March 9, 2018

My dad had his ID stolen, so I went with AARP’s suggestion of TrustedID. BIG MISTAKE! First, I tried filling out the form on their website nine times, to no avail. I then called, the man was rude and refused to help. I then called AARP and told them what had happened, they told me they could not fill the form out and for me to call them. I called again and got Alexa with TrustedID, I explained what my experience was, and she said she could help, I was on the phone a total time of 39 minutes and 10 seconds, I gave her all of my Dad's info along with his cc #, the last words she said was that I would receive an email confirmation and my Dad‘s login and password, then said “hold on”, 10 minutes went by, and the original greeting came on.

I then got Amir, who looked up the account and said there was not one and said he would have to start the process over, I told him no and to transfer me to a supervisor. He was not at his desk and mailbox was full (imagine that). I called AARP again and filed a complaint. I told my Dad to cancel his credit card because this company, which is owned by Equifax, cannot be trusted.

TrustedID Company Information