3.9/5 (19 ratings)

About The Credit People

The Credit People helps you raise your credit score and improve your reports through credit repair services. Its online portal and interactive website provide free and continual access to your reports and scores, and its certified representatives assist in your credit repair processes. It charges $79 per month for these services.

Pros

• Interactive website
  • Online portal
  • Team of certified representatives

Cons

• Monthly option is a bit pricey

Bottom Line

The Credit People employs a team of experts to help improve your credit score. You can access your account through its online portal, and its website offers credit repair resources. It charges $79 for its credit solutions.

Top The Credit People Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Credit People?

Verified

I started with The Credit People and had no clue what I was doing. My score was a 502. They assured me that it would improve. I waited for around 6 months and sure enough, I just ...

Verified

This actually does work, I had 13 items in collections, and was unable to pull my Va home loan. Only took them 3 months to repair, and I was able to purchase my home, with the Va ...

What is The Credit People?

The Credit People is a credit repair service that provides educational resources to help customers improve their credit scores. It works to minimize unfair bad credit by disputing errors and aged debts (from student debt charges, foreclosures, etc.) with reporting agencies. The Credit People has a team of FCRA-certified agents trained in credit repair laws. Its website is interactive and easy to use, and you access your account through its online portal.

Your The Credit People account provides:

• Free access to your credit reports rather than a curated summary
  • The status of your account at any time online
  • Updates on what landlords and creditors are seeing on your reports

How does The Credit People work?

If you have inaccurate entries on your credit report, you can register for an account with The Credit People on its website. Once you sign in and pay for your membership, The Credit People team reviews your credit and gives you access to your full credit reports and scores from the major bureaus. The Credit People then starts cleaning up errors that damage your score. Penalties the company works to remove include:

• Late payments
  • Tax liens
  • Identity fraud
  • Student loan issues
  • Judgments

You have constant access to your credit score, so you can see how and when the company cleans it up. According to The Credit People's website, you'll see results in fewer than 60 days. If you want to cancel its services, contact customer service by email or phone.

The Credit People pricing

The Credit People offers transparent pricing and promises no hidden fees. It provides two types of memberships:

• Monthly membership: $79 per month (with a one-time fee of $19); pay as you go
  • Flat-rate membership: Six months of service for a total of $419

The Credit People FAQ

Does The Credit People give you access to your credit reports?

Yes, The Credit People gives you full access to your credit scores and reports.

Does The Credit People have a service guarantee?

Yes, it offers a satisfaction guarantee.

Does The Credit People offer couples’ plans?

The Credit People offers a spousal discount at the beginning of its monthly membership — rather than each partner paying the total cost for the first month, they both receive $20 off.

Will I work with just one representative from The Credit People?

Usually a team of three works on your credit score, but you can request to work with just one person.

Is The Credit People legit?

Yes, The Credit People is a legitimate company that employs FCRA-certified agents to help repair your credit. If you need to improve your credit score and can afford its monthly services, The Credit People might be a good solution.

The Credit People Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Credit People?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

Talk about a mess! My son and I have the same first and last name but our middle names are different. I started receiving all these calls from collection agencies. I told them they had the wrong Miguel. They said ok, hung up and I thought that was the end of it. Then one day, I looked at my credit report and saw all of these negative accounts on my credit reports! I called them back like hey! You have the wrong Miguel. I'm Miguel J. My son is Miguel A. I told them I could provide proof that I'm not the right Miguel. One of their collections representatives made a comment like how do I know you're not the only Miguel. I offered to send in my birth certificate and my son's birth certificate to prove it. She gave me a fax number to send in proof. About three months go by and I didn't hear anything from them. I called the collection agency again and the number was disconnected!

About 7 months later, I get more calls from another collection agency. I go through everything telling them that I'm Miguel J. and that they have the wrong Miguel. They asked that I send in proof. Again, I hear nothing from them. I check my credit report and each account is now being reported about 3-4 times! My score dropped more and more. I was trying to refinance my house but I couldn't. My niece told me she was working with The Credit People and to give them a call. I offered to send in my birth certificate too just to prove that I wasn't the only Miguel. They told me everything would be ok. They've cleared about 6 of the collections accounts off my reports and I'm almost done now. These people are saints!

Get buying tips about Credit Repair Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

In college, I received a bunch of credit card offers. As a broke college student, I thought it would be great to sign up for a few. I got approved for the American Express Platinum Card. I had no idea that it was a charge card meaning I had to pay the balance in full and I also didn't realize it had an annual fee of over $500! Of course, I couldn't pay it so they shut the card off and sent it to collections. I thought that meant I got away with it. As a finance major, my professor told us that certain higher level positions would also require that we maintain a certain credit score and that bad credit could be the reason why we were denied for certain positions.

When I went home, I saw letters from the collection agencies that the cards. I called them and set up payment arrangements. Once I paid the balances in full, my credit score dropped! I then learned that just because you pay off the balance doesn't mean the bad credit goes away and that I should have negotiated a pay-for-delete. I didn't know that. I called the collection agency and they said there's nothing they could do. They only had to report to the credit bureaus that I paid the balance.

I searched online to see what else I could do about bad credit and saw several links for credit repair. I tried one company but it seemed like they were just taking my money. They had poor customer service and it would take days to hear back from them. I looked up their competitors and saw The Credit People had a higher rating so I called them. I called them a few times just to make sure they would answer. They were very responsive so I took the leap to sign up with them. They have been very nice and prompt. I love that I can log in to see what they're working on and they're always there if I have any questions.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

I was discharged last year. Came back home and my wife decided she wanted to have a family. We applied for a loan and they told me that I had a Chase and AMEX account in collections. I've never even banked with them before. Come to find out, one of her family member's used my information while I was deployed. I called the collection agencies to explain it and told them I'd send in all my military information so they could see that I wasn't the one who opened the accounts. After six months, nothing. The collections were still on my credit and they just kept giving me the runaround.

Well, we found out that my wife was pregnant and we really wanted to leave. One of my officers told me to look into credit repair. I searched on the internet and found a few companies. I ended up going with The Credit People because they didn't cost as much as the others and they have a guarantee. Well, already, the Chase account has been removed from my credit report and now we're just waiting on the AMEX to come off. I'm glad I decided to do something about it. Soon I'll be able to get into a home. Thank you Credit People.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

I lost my home back when the market crashed. I spent a lot of money on credit cards and made some bad choices but it was either that or be homeless. I got a better job and started paying down all my debt. In 2020, they said that interest rates were low and it was a good time to buy a house so I decided to give a shot. They pulled my credit and saw all the stuff on there from 2008 and 2009. I thought all of that stuff should have been gone but it wasn't. There was even some stuff on there that I didn't do. I tried one credit repair company but they wanted $1,300 upfront and that was too much for me. Kept searching and found The Credit People. They were very nice and actually listened to an old man haha. I signed up with them and haven't been happier.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

I went through a nasty divorce! I mean nasty! I ended up filing bankruptcy just so me and my baby wouldn't be put out on the streets. After it was all done, nobody would rent me a place so I had to move in with my sister and her two kids in a two bedroom apartment! I had to give up almost everything I had! I got a second job and was making good money so I decided I wanted to get a place of my own. They all said I passed the income check but it was my credit which really sucks because if you have the money, what does it matter? But I get it. Credit is credit. I found The Credit People online. It took about a year to get everything cleared up but next month, I will be officially moving into my own place! I could not have done this without The Credit People! Thanks so much!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

I worked with The Credit People because my husband and I was trying to refinance our house and we didn't get approved which is crazy. We got my husband's credit reports and see that they put my son's bad credit on my husband's report. They have the same first and last name but their middle name is different. I couldn't believe that they would still put this on my husband's reports! I had a friend who was working with The Credit People and she told me to give them a try. I really like how nice they were and they didn't make it feel like I was lying when I explained that it was our son's credit history. I was so pleased that I signed up with them to help me get some old stuff off my credit too!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

I found the credit people back in December 2021. I was trying to get a house but they ran my credit and found four collections on my credit. I never used my credit before so I don't know where the collections came from. I told the credit people about it. A really nice girl told me, "Don't worry about it." In about five months, my credit was clean. Now I just have to build my credit which is easier now because I'm not getting turned down for credit cards anymore. I got my first credit card in June and now I'm just waiting a few more months for the activity to report to the bureaus.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

Signed up for credit repair services with The Credit People, EXTREMELY unsatisfied and zero progress on my credit score. They claimed they did their part, but did not provide proof. They did not provide any updates on progress and the website provide no information. Was told I would receive updates from credit bureaus via US Mail, never received anything. Total scam and a waste of money, Their GUARANTEE of money back for unsatisfied service is a Joke and a total lie. Don't fall for the lie, not one item fixed or removed. ZERO DONE TO MY FILE, from August 2022- Nov 2022 and they claim they have done work. Quickly charge your card for nothing to be done. YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED YOU’LL WASTE TIME AND MONEY, and they will tell you their money back guarantee doesn't work like it being advertised on their page and why you should trust their services. You have been warned.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

I was trying to build my credit and get a credit card at the beginning of the year but I got declined and found out I had collections accounts on my credit report. I have never had credit before so when I found out, I was SHOCKEDDDD. My friend told me to go through The Credit People so I did. They got everything off my credit, I applied for a credit card and got approved!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

Signed up for credit repair services with The Credit People - completely unsatisfied and saw zero progress on my credit score. They claimed they did their part, but could not provide proof of said activity. They did not provide any updates on progress and the website provide little to no information on progress as well. I was told I would receive updates from credit bureaus via us mail and never received anything. Total scam and a waste of money - do not use.

The Credit People Company Information