2. Finance
  3. Credit Repair Companies

4.3/5 (11 ratings)

About The Credit People

The Credit People helps you raise your credit score and improve your reports through credit repair services. Its online portal and interactive website provide free and continual access to your reports and scores, and its certified representatives assist in your credit repair processes. It charges $79 per month for these services.

Pros

• Interactive website
  • Online portal
  • Team of certified representatives

Cons

• Monthly option is a bit pricey

Bottom Line

The Credit People employs a team of experts to help improve your credit score. You can access your account through its online portal, and its website offers credit repair resources. It charges $79 for its credit solutions.

Top The Credit People Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I started with The Credit People and had no clue what I was doing. My score was a 502. They assured me that it would improve. I waited for around 6 months and sure enough, I just ...

Verified

What is The Credit People?

The Credit People is a credit repair service that provides educational resources to help customers improve their credit scores. It works to minimize unfair bad credit by disputing errors and aged debts (from student debt charges, foreclosures, etc.) with reporting agencies. The Credit People has a team of FCRA-certified agents trained in credit repair laws. Its website is interactive and easy to use, and you access your account through its online portal.

Your The Credit People account provides:

• Free access to your credit reports rather than a curated summary
  • The status of your account at any time online
  • Updates on what landlords and creditors are seeing on your reports

How does The Credit People work?

If you have inaccurate entries on your credit report, you can register for an account with The Credit People on its website. Once you sign in and pay for your membership, The Credit People team reviews your credit and gives you access to your full credit reports and scores from the major bureaus. The Credit People then starts cleaning up errors that damage your score. Penalties the company works to remove include:

• Late payments
  • Tax liens
  • Identity fraud
  • Student loan issues
  • Judgments

You have constant access to your credit score, so you can see how and when the company cleans it up. According to The Credit People's website, you'll see results in fewer than 60 days. If you want to cancel its services, contact customer service by email or phone.

The Credit People pricing

The Credit People offers transparent pricing and promises no hidden fees. It provides two types of memberships:

• Monthly membership: $79 per month (with a one-time fee of $19); pay as you go
  • Flat-rate membership: Six months of service for a total of $419

The Credit People FAQ

Does The Credit People give you access to your credit reports?
Yes, The Credit People gives you full access to your credit scores and reports.
Does The Credit People have a service guarantee?
Yes, it offers a satisfaction guarantee.
Does The Credit People offer couples’ plans?
The Credit People offers a spousal discount at the beginning of its monthly membership — rather than each partner paying the total cost for the first month, they both receive $20 off.
Will I work with just one representative from The Credit People?
Usually a team of three works on your credit score, but you can request to work with just one person.

Is The Credit People legit?

Yes, The Credit People is a legitimate company that employs FCRA-certified agents to help repair your credit. If you need to improve your credit score and can afford its monthly services, The Credit People might be a good solution.

The Credit People Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Credit People?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

BUYER BEWARE! This company took my money! Made my credit score go down! Not up! Said they have a money back guarantee? They do NOT! Liars and thieves! They say they get results after 30 to 45 days! Paid them for 3 months! They said I need to give them more money??? Run!!!

Get buying tips about Credit Repair Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2020

I would like to say going in, I was very happy and excited to get started. After all their slogan states "BETTER CREDIT AWAITS". I am not sure who they're referring to exactly but it sure isn't me! Had a couple of medical bills that went to collection after 6 months and almost $600 later have gotten "ZERO RESULTS". Their so called guarantee, isn't worth much as they will only give you back $79 on your last month once you have Canceled.

The key points: This is open ended, "THE CREDIT PEOPLE DO BETTER WHEN YOU DO WORSE!" That $79 was deducted from my AMEX on the 1st of every month without fail. Take into consideration how much money you want lose? Remember there is an opened ended contract with "NO GUARANTEE". Again only the $79 is refunded when you cancel! 6 months is more than adequate time to get at least 1 item off my credit report. I would of stayed, if they would of produced just one deletion! My advice, save your money and your time, you could do better in your sleep!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

This actually does work, I had 13 items in collections, and was unable to pull my Va home loan. Only took them 3 months to repair, and I was able to purchase my home, with the Va home loan. I no longer have any items in collections, and am almost at an excellent rating.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I couldn't be happier with the service that The Credit People provided. I was a skeptic at first but they helped me bring my credit score up more than 200 points in about a year. Very happy. They helped me get rid of many derogatory marks on my credit. I now have stopped throwing money away on rent and bought a house.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

The credit people really helped me get my credit together, if it wasn’t I don’t know where I would be. Thank You so Much, and it didn’t take long at all. I am considering having look back into my credit to see if there something else they can do.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Worked pretty quickly! My friend suggested them to me, and they were pretty competitive on price... Happy to have my credit cleaned up now so I can apply for loans, get a solid credit card, and ultimately get a mortgage. Will most likely recommend to anyone who needs help with this.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Everything about working with the Credit People was easy from start to finish. They took the time to talk with me in great detail and understand my needs. Very knowledgeable staff and friendly customer service. I would definitely recommend to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Excellent response time. Confidence in company. Very pleased with potential results. I expect the results I was hoping for after talking to representative at Credit People. My dream is to reorder my credit rating and be able to purchase a family ready home for my family.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

In my experience with The Credit People, they are a company that truly cares about their customers. They go above and beyond to get the best results possible, and I would recommend them to anyone in need of Credit Repair.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I found the Credit People online and really liked what I saw on their site so figured I'd give them a try. I had a few things on my credit report that were apparently hurting my credit score that I needed to get cleaned up. Whenever I had a question the people there were great to deal with -- nice and really knew their stuff. And before I knew it my credit was back to looking pretty good.

The Credit People Company Information