TD Bank and TD Banknorth
1.09/5
Get expert advice Hire a pro
Answer a few questions to find a great financial advisor. Compare the top 3 fiduciary financial advisors near you.
FIND MY ADVISOR

TD Bank

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

765 TD Bank and TD Banknorth Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

The recent Privacy statement: "TD Bank and its affiliates and service providers, including Fiserv, Inc. and its affiliates, may receive names, domain names, addresses, passwords, telephone and device numbers, the content of messages, data files and other data and information provided by you or from other sources in connection with Out-of-Band Authentication Services or the Software (collectively "User Information")." With all the stealing of information going around, why is this needed and why would you keep your accounts with them?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Purchased a Samsung phone, as I would purchase any phone, through the company. I did not realize they did not process their own payments so I did not review whom they worked with... Turns out it is TD Bank. I have no words for this experience. There is no real good website to check your account or make payments through. They do not accept credit cards, only checking, and you tell it to a random voice over the phone (I am very protective of my checking account number and this is a huge security red flag for me). When something doesn't go through they don't send a polite text, or email, like a 21st century company - they call you with the tone of a debt collection agency chasing down a thief or something. It is intense and horrible.

When you try to pay again, no credit card. So you say all you can say 'well, try the checking again'. No, we can't do that, against policy. And then you have to politely explain to them that no, you are not going to make a brand new bank account just for them, no you are not going to give them some family member's bank account, and they either use the bank account or they accept any other form of payment... which eventually they finally (and obviously reluctantly) accept. Want to cancel a payment so you can just pay the whole thing in full or pay from a different account? Nope, gotta wait for the other one to process. Just... uff, this has been the most stressful company I have ever worked with. I am overpaying now just to try and close off all contact with them, I can't handle any more interactions with this company.

Get expert buying tips about Online Brokers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

TD Canada Trust - I have been a TD client for the past several years. I have always paid my bills and credit cards. There have never been any issues. Recently I received a letter via UPS with a suspicious letter on Nov 23. The letter stated that they were terminating my accounts. I tried to contact Sharleen ** and I was denied the request to talk to her. Because of her actions I'm not sure if I'm able to pay my staff. This should prove very disturbing for everybody because initially I thought this was just a scam but it was not and the bank has not given me the reason why they have shut down my Visa and accounts. Merry Christmas Sharleen **!!! Thank you for making my staff uncomfortable.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

My father is primary on the account and I was added as authorized user. My dad receives all the statements so I was making payments not knowing the due date. So I accrued some fees and paid a portion as that was my fault. Fast forward to November 14th which is my due date. I paid on the due date just at 9:51 PM and I was assessed yet another fee and customer service including the manager who speaks a million miles an hour would not reverse. She thought I was trying to make an excuse and had the nerve to say, "well what was your excuse for previous late payments?" No excuse here which is why I paid the late fees last time but I should have been reversed this fee as I have proof I paid on the payment date. They are extremely rude and unprofessional and can't wait to pay this off and never do business again.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

My fiancé was in the hospital for over 5 weeks. When he got off and finally went back to work, he deposited his first check on November 16th counting it would be clear on Tuesday morning as it always did. The deposit was in the amount of 2K and until now, November 26th the check haven’t clear. He is behind on his bills and the bank is charging over $200 in overdrafts. I called several times last week. They told me to go into the bank. I did that yesterday! They told me only the manager can solve this matter. For me to go back today. So I went back and the manager told me that is nothing he can do. BS! What a waste of my time. I even called them again just now. I couldn’t be unhappy with TD. I have an account with Bank of America as well, and never ever had this problem! Hopefully now, my fiancé listens to me and close this account for good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TD Ameritrade?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Over the phone customer service is passive, but friendly. They are unable to assist with anything! I made a deposit into my account a week ago, and was told since it was a different bank, and that I was a new customer, that it COULD have up to a 5-day hold... Fine... It's now a week later, and I'm being told that it won't clear until the following Tuesday. I had my payroll department check the status of clearing, and this cleared 3 days ago, and yet I still have to wait another 5 days to get my money!!!

Branch manager was completely unhelpful, and had the worst customer service ever. Over the phone they tell you your money is at the discretion of the Branch manager, and to talk to them... WTH. My money cleared, and I should have access to it. I have a family to feed, and bills to pay, but because the Branch Manager wants to have a power trip, I can't feed my family. What kind of company is this I ask? Can't wait for my money to one day clear, so I can close this account.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I have been banking with TD Bank for over five years, and I should have closed my accounts last year. They charge needless fees for personal checking accounts, taking extra long to process even cash deposits so they can turn around and hit you with something. I was told when I opened my account there were no minimum balance fees; I've been hit with well over $100 in such this year alone. I was told I could turn off their ridiculous "overdraft protection" service to avoid fees, and every few months it is mysteriously re-activated. It has now gotten to the point that I can not use my account, for fear of getting charged with one fee, usually in error, which triggers another, and another, and so on, and good luck getting any help with your problems.

Their staff aren't awful, but you get the impression they don't have the power to do... Anything. Corporate just uses them as a human shield against customer feedback, because they truly do not care about you. To say nothing of their credit card services. I got my first credit card with them a couple of years ago, and as it was my first, I had to get a secured card. I was told, multiple times but different people, that with responsible use (i.e. no missed or late payments) I could expect my deposit back in 6-8 months.

Two years later, with zero missed or late payments, and a pretty stellar credit history on my part, and I still haven't received my deposit. Not a single person who works for them can tell me why, or when I can expect my money back. Do not do business with them. They would rather bleed you dry with fees than actually foster a healthy relationship with you. Stuff your money in a mattress if you have to, just stay away from TD Bank. (And their staff turnover rate seems pretty high too, so I'd also avoid ever working for them.)

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I was intentionally misled into depositing $11,000 into an account. The day that the check should have cleared TD closed the account and then gave me the runaround as to why they did it. They supposedly changed a policy AFTER the deposit was made and now have chosen that once the check clears I will have to wait for them to review everything then cut a check and mail it to me. This was all the money I had, now I have nothing. I will lose my home and car and everything I own due to this situation that the employees of TD Bank have caused. TD used to be a good bank, but they now have chosen the path of profit over customers. They should not be allowed to do business in the United States any longer.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

TD is the worst banking experience I've ever had in almost 50 years. Rude staff, fee, after fee, after fee. After about 5 yrs with TD Bank, I will definitely be saying goodbye after 2018. In the last several years I've turned several people on to TD Bank and I wish I hadn't.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I received a call from TD about my credit card account. I failed to call them back until they called again to say my account was locked. I asked them why and they told me it was from an online purchase that looked suspicious. What's ridiculous is that I've ordered from this site numerous times before. They then instructed me to send in 3 documents (2 forms of ID and a utility bill or car registration with my address on it) by fax to verify my identity (even though I had to tell them all my information including my name, card number with CVC number, social security number, and birth date - they still wanted all these documents).

I went to Staples, copied my docs, and faxed it over. The next day I called in, waited on hold for 38 minutes, only for them to tell me they couldn't read the ID's. I had to go back to Staples and repeat this process. Once again, they told me they couldn't read the docs. I went to a friend's house and copied and faxed it from there, only to find out they were still unreadable. I played with the contrast and enlargement to no avail. After being told, this is the only way they will accept my verification and unlock my account they said to go to a TD branch and have the representative copy and fax it. I did this and it still came out badly. How ridiculous is it, that I am standing in front of a representative with my documents and they won't accept that as proof. Luckily I remembered an app I had on my phone that faxes. I used this and finally, they were able to read them. This whole ordeal was stupid. I understand they want to protect people from fraud but this is too much!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

This bank will charge you for everything. I had positive balance and still was charged overdraft fees and they did not credit me back. It's money trickery. They say it deposit was pending... It was a cash deposit still pending... huh? They run you in circles with processing fees.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I’ve been with TD Bank for over 15 years, even opened a small business account with them over a year ago. I’ve been depositing checks via mobile deposit for the past year from the same company that they received the checks from and never had a problem. The last two mobile deposits TD have been putting my check for special verification that takes over 10 days. Last mobile deposit I did on Tuesday and was paid to TD Bank by the other bank on Wednesday as I verified it with that bank and TD Bank is still telling me that I have to wait another eight days for the check to clear. I’ve gone to two different branches as I was advised by the phone representatives to deal with this situation and I was rudely dealt with with no positive outcome. I hate this bank and can’t wait to close my accounts with them.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Rude staff - I have been lied to, mislead, and in general treated like dirt, so moving all accounts, both personal and both business accounts to BOM where I do get excellent service and polite staff, and my business is appreciated.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

TD Bank is a terrible bank to do business with. I have had numerous headaches in dealing with them with very basic and remedial tasks. More recently they took over 60 days to complete a very basic loan. It was a clean loan and of the simplest kind. They could not interpret basic tax documents and they ran my credit several times because they could not complete the loan on time. Please save yourself the headache and do not use this bank. I will be taking my business elsewhere. Nightmare bank.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I received my closing documents and notice there was a $2,511 amount due to TD Bank although my balance was $0. On October 2nd, I received a letter from them stating the account was frozen however on October 12th a check was presented and cashed. The first time I called the CSR told me someone would call me within 5 business days. I thought this was odd as it was fraud. I called back and spoke with another CSR who said not only was the check cashed but someone had added their name and changed the address of my line of credit while my account was frozen and my credit line was brought down to $0.00 due to my pending closing. He told me the fraud department would need to review and would get back to me in 5 business days.

About 7 business days later I still hadn't heard from anyone so I called again. First the CSR told me they sent me a letter in the mail that I needed to sign and return then told me that someone failed to send an email correctly so I am not sure what happened but again was told someone would call me within 5 business days. Five more business days passed and I still didn't hear so I called again (each call was about an hour long).

I was told at this point that they did confirm it was fraud. I asked if a letter would be send to my attorney's office confirming this so the funds would be released at closing. I was told I needed to sign a new release. When I asked why, I was told that was policy. I reminded the CSR that the first letter sent was incorrect so I felt it was their responsibility to correct their mistake. She was very rude and told me I had to follow policy no matter who made the mistake. I then asked to speak to a supervisor. He told me that I needed to wait (guess) 5 business days for the correction to take place.

At this point my closing is less than 5 days away. He told me he would try to rush it through and to call him back in 3 days. It was finally resolved but with no apology whatsoever! No one ever called me back throughout this whole process. I have had fraud incidents with two other banks and my cell phone provider never was all the responsibility on me. The boost the world's most convenient bank however my experience was not convenient for me. I will never, ever do business with them again.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I have had a TD Bank Account for around 6 years, fairly happy with the account, nothing spectacular, but overall easy to use. I received a TD Visa Credit Card about 2 years ago, and I have been using the card without a problem, until I received a double charge for a bill, and the billing company accepted neither charge and payment had to be done again with a separate card. After speaking with TD Bank 3 times, I finally had the right fax number to send internationally to TD Bank. I sent the fax... Again...and again. Finally it was received.

Without any communication from TD Bank I call back a month and a half after successfully sending. They notified me that I was late to send the details for the charges and they had to close the inquiry into the charges. The only way now to get the charges *reviewed* again is to write a letter to the company and plead my case and send any possible detail of evidence to them. I will be closing my TD Account, My TD Credit Account, and any financial services that are affiliated with this terrible bank.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I was a TD Bank customer since 2016, I have a Premier checking account with them. IN July 2018 they send me letter stating that they are going to close my checking account without any reason. Well I have deposited 5-6 payroll check into my checking account via cellphone app they have which might triggered their system etc, each check was 552.74. Check design was same as it was issued by a company accountant where I work. Payroll memo and check number was diff. There was no other activity in my account which I think will let them close my account. Ok well in August my account was closed. How I figured out that they close my account because of my multiple payroll checks deposit and also how it make TD bank worst in term of customer relationship etc. Let me tell you a very cool example.

Now since my account was closed on TD, I have another account a BOA Bank Of America. I then deposit my payroll check on their system which goes smoothly for August, and September, But in October month I received a call from Bank Of America that I have accidentally scanned a check multiple times into my checking account. I immediately open my BOA account online and review all checks images and yes I have deposit a check two time and I accept my mistake. Bank take out that check and I then deposit the correct check and they accept it.

So there is a big flaw and lack of customer relationship and trust level in TD Bank, I was thinking that could might be a reason where TD just don't want to talk or discuss the issue with me and instead they directly send me next day UPS mail to close my account. They might hired low profile people. They have poor strategy to address issue like this. BOA handle it very well but TD just closed the account. They marked me a thief, scammer or something else. TD Bank failed to give me reason because they hired a low level account handler. But let me give you the reason. Not everyone is a scammer or thief or whatever. Human make mistakes, let's first figure it out what's going on. Let's talk. Let's find out more, Learn from another bank, Improve your system, kick those low profile people you have, change your strategy. Hire me. I will teach you how to make better relationship with customers. RIP TD Bank.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I have never been soon annoyed with anything or anyone as I am with this stupid bank!!! I decided that I was going to cancel my account because of the ridiculous fees they charge every month for some reason or another. I had reoccurring transfers from my main account to my TD account, for some reason it wouldn't let me do it online so I had to call "customer service". I call and give all of my info, the rep says that the system was trying to verify my voice (apparently I gave authorization for voice recognition a while back... big mistake!!).

Long story short, their stupid system couldn't verify my voice so I have to go into a branch... All I wanted to do was cancel upcoming transfers!!! No, it's not a huge deal, my local branch is right around the corner, but that's not the point, the point is it's an inconvenient pain in the butt! I swear, I hate this bank!! They try to be all advanced and claim they give "legendary service" HA!!! You're stupid and annoying and make things difficult for your customers!!!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

TD Bank not only has the worst customer service, but the employees don't even know what they are talking about. I had an issue with my account and I went to two different branch offices in one day and was told two completely different things. My confidence level and security level with this bank has completely diminished. I will be switching banks after I get my money back. Talking to customer service is no different than going into a branch. They are both clueless.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Customer support is a joke. I called on Saturday because I could not log into my online banking. They said they needed the password, I gave it to them, which was wrong and they said my account is now locked... I said, "Yes, that's why I'm calling!!!" Their answer is, "You must drive to a branch..." which is over an hour drive round trip... If I drive there, because again, I cannot get online it will be to close my accounts. Their phone support is a joke.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I had fraudulent charge on my account. Total 2050$. I filed dispute, after 10 days I got a letter from TD fraud prevention department states: "Unfortunately we cannot honor your dispute since business to business transaction." I did request more information about the transaction and they gave me merchant number to contact directly, finally its end up I filed police report and bring it into the branch and after 6 days they close my account. This bank is joke and not secure at all, oh one more thing once you call customer service they repeating legendary service we provide and in reality you have to be on hold at least 20 minutes. Avoid this bank.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Received a letter stating account is past due and with a charge of $76 ($38/month) for late fees. Payment is due on the 15th of the month, but I checked with my bank and also with their customer service that payment was received 11 Sep, and the latest one was received 7th Oct. I called and asked question, "Why we're being charged for late fees when you received the payments before the 15th of the month." Simple question, they cannot answer and keep getting transferred to another person. DUMB people working here, and all they want is charge late fees even though payment arrives before the DUE date.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Used ATM at TD Bank 600 West Main St. Freehold N.J. on 10/13/18. Did a withdrawal of $300.00 from the ATM. ATM only gives twenty dollar bills so I went to the teller and gave her 5 twenty dollar bills and asked her for one $100.00 dollar bill. She asked me if I had an account with TD Bank, I said, "Yes l do." She said, "I will need to see your debit card and drivers lic. I asked her, "Why? All I want is to change the money. The ATM only gives 20s." She said, "It is TD Bank policy to see ID when exchanging currency. We have to track any currency exchange from all accounts and why do want a $100.00 bill?" I could not believe it. I told her to give me the 20s back. I felt like some kind of criminal. What kind of B.S. policy is this? Why are they tracking our money? Tracking $100.00 really? What am I a drug dealer? A terrorist? That's it for TD Bank. I am pulling all my money out of this bank. Zero stars for TD Bank.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Dear bank, I was completely unaware of your issues with joining the tech. revolution. It has been explained to me that if I need to express myself to anyone above the pay grade of customer assistance I needed to write a letter explaining in great detail my situation, what my expectations in response from you would be, and apparently deliver it in person, due to higher pay scale employees inability to fully grasp how the U.S. postal system, or phones works. There was no other direction, other than "great detail" so I will to the best of my ability to provide all relevant information, to what I'm sure will lead you to a fair solution to my problem.

This is the second and last time in my life that I will let this happen to me. I feel betrayed by the system. The first betrayal was with a television 15 years prior to this, that I paid off the final balance a month early, only to receive a bill two months later, for ironically, 800.00+ dollars, the final statement did not include a $15.00 fee, I now would owe them all the interest and penalties. Hmmm.

Now to recap what has happened while purchasing a lawnmower, and financing it through your bank, asking if this could be done through auto pay. Remembering the "television debacle and wanting to avoid the possibility of a repeat, after all, if the bank has authority to make the payments, they can't be late, or short on a final payment.

First bill arrives, I call, make the payment, and explain "I thought this would be auto pay?", a very polite operator tells me "No but we can surely set that up", me "Great let's do that". Next month a bill came, I call back, make the payment plus ask "Guys what's up with this, it's supposed to be auto paid, I set that up?", again a very polite voice explains - "Nope, not according to us", me - losing my polite voice a bit now, but explaining that my frustration was not directed towards them, but at the situation "Let's try that again".

No more bills, or communication for the remainder of this loan, leaving me to believe the matter was finally taken care of. Next thing I know, I get a letter, expecting a (thank you for your business, please feel free to contact us if you need any of our services in the future.), but instead got a "due to payment beyond the free interest time frame, your new balance is $800.00 + for interest and fees?!?!" (thus explaining the "ironically" description I used earlier).

The next phone call I make, I have to explain that I WOULD be saying some offensive things about the situation, that again it wouldn't be directed at them personally. It was explained to me. In a very calm and nicest way possible that she could not do anything about it, however, if I would like to talk to a supervisor they would have one call me at a convenient time, frustrated at this (I was working 16 hours a day, with an hour travel time both ways). I explained that my window of "convenient time" was 8:00 am to 9:00 am, somewhere between a shower, eating, letting the dogs out, and mowing the lawn with a now Porsche Carrera price tagged lawnmower. The extremely polite woman tells me she would try very hard for 9:00 am call, but I might have to wait until someone has cleared a spot for first thing in the morning.

Begrudgingly, I stayed awake for 2 weeks, waiting for that call. Please note that I have a answering service. No messages. Eventually a letter arrived, yup, Cub Cadet sizzling past Porsche Carrera and straight into 250 GTO Ferrari priced tag territory. I call with letter in hand- "customer service, how can I help you today?" I must have paused too long. She continues - "Could you give me your account num" (me interrupting before she has a chance to finish) "NOOO, I won't, give you my account number, I need, to talk, to a supervisor."

Without skipping a beat she replies, "I can certainly transfer you, but if you would give me your acc" (interrupting again) "Look lady, I don't want to take out my frustration on you. So if you just transfer me to a higher authority, I won't." 20 minutes of the most God awful music, changing speed, and cutting out as if being played through a cell phone from a car going through a tunnel ensues. The music stops, a noise that sounds like someone has just picked up the phone, 3 seconds of silence, and then another noise that sounds all too much like someone hanging up said phone.

Another call, and yet again this now painfully sweat person answers, I explain what had just happened, and she replies with "OK if I could just get your account number?" Again "Lady I don't want to rip your head off because of some computer glitch, or a tactic for generating income that you are not responsible for, so just get a supervisor on the phone, then transfer me to them."

It was then revealed to me that I was the nicest person she had talked to that day, that her whole job was to talk to disenfranchised, customers at the end of their rope, because of this very problem. So apparently I'm not this bank's only prey, and you have played this game before. My hope is, whoever receives this letter will think long and hard about a fair solution to end my account. What do you think is fair? Give yourself a day or 2 to think about it, and let me know by phone.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

When you call into TD Bank's customer service line, they ask you several specific questions to verify your identity. I understand and appreciate their diligence in this, but there's something wrong in their verification. I literally answered all their questions, READ it off my online account, and they said I had to go into the store to verify my identity. All I wanted to do was set a travel notice on my card. There is something seriously wrong with how they verify identities. And since they give you no clue of what was incorrect, there's no way you can answer the questions correctly going forward, which means don't bother calling them EVER.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I applied for an SBA small line of Credit. To say these people are dishonest in their timeline offers would be the most benign. I was told I would have the loan approved and disbursed in 6 weeks or so. Months later I still didn’t have anything disbursed. They give you nothing in writing, just very misguiding information over the phone. By the time I got the money I was so behind my timeline I lost my office space and could not start up.

“My bad” once I got my line of credit it was not set up to cover debits and withdrawals as I go. By the time I figured it out I had racked $4k in fees. They are fee happy. No matter how much you complaint they will not take those fees away. There is no way to control who withdraws and at what time. Who wants to be checking their bank account daily and manually transferring money? Specially when you are a one person operation? So I asked for features I had at other banks such as holding all payments until I manually approve them. They don’t offer that, they would be loosing all those fees. This bank is really outrageous. I have been in business elsewhere for 20 years and had yet to meet a bank like this. I would not recommend this bank to my worst enemy if I had any.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

What a horrible bank. I opened a Premier Checking account specifically to travel and not have ATM withdrawal fees. After coming back from a 2 month trip I come to find out they didn't reimburse me for any of the ATM fees. Their reasoning was that it was because I did not have minimum $2500 on my account from day 1. The money transfer took 1 day to process so of course I didn't have 2500 on the first day. I specifically asked if that's gonna be a problem when opening account and was told it won't be. DO YOU THINK I JUST WALK AROUND WITH $2500 in cash ready to deposit? WTF? Also they places EVERY SINGLE ONE of my PAYCHECK deposits on a 6 business day hold. Which really is a 10 day hold including the weekends. Their reasoning was because of high deposit fraud for people of MY AGE! Can you believe that?!?! Is that even legal?! STAY AWAY.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

TD Bank has the worst customer service and efficiency I have ever encountered. I tried to use Zelle to make a rent payment. My payment had a red flag put on it because my first time payment was large. Okay, fair - I call them, they say the payment will be cancelled and I can send it again after it’s cancelled. The next day, I go into my account to resend the payment and find that my entire account is on hold, in direct contradiction to what the customer service representative told me the previous day. I call again. I’m told that I need to go to a brick and mortar bank to verify my identity.

Wouldn’t be a problem, except that I live in Louisiana and the nearest bank is in Florida. I tell them that, they say I have to come to Florida. I’ve never had suspicious account activity, no overdrafts, nothing. Just a college kid trying to pay rent, and TD Bank tells me I need to drive through four states because they cancelled my payment. I will no longer be a customer of TD Bank, and will be warning everyone I can about this crooked company.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Let me begin, my configuration is a Samsung Note 8, running Android 8.0.0. When I use the TD Bank web app, I type my username/password and without hesitation I get the following message; “We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank for your patience. Please try again in a little while”. Well, I have been patiently waiting since September 19th, 2018, today is 10/4/2018 (I guess it's going to be an OK day, sorry for the pun, anyway). They have had me uninstall and reinstall the app 3 times. They have changed my username twice. I have changed my password at least 6 times. Nothing works.

But, today’s excuse was just too much. Today, they blamed my network connection. Did not matter I have had this problem using my home FiOS network, the AT&T mobile network, and even my employers’ network. The result is always; “Please try again in a little while”. I not sure we can trust their Computer Systems. They cannot even get a simple web app to work reliably. Should we trust their data security on the TD Banking systems? Should we trust TD Bank Ameritrade? Maybe for our own financial security, we need avoid TD Bank and its affiliates, until they can at least get their web app working.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Me and my mother we are from North Carolina. We opened up a credit card account with TD card services. I myself opened up a bank checking account as well. No trouble with the bank. I love the bank side... we were excited because we had had some hard times a month or so before this end. Was to do better and get back on our feet... the third or fourth day getting after getting the cards they shut off my grandmother's card because of a purchase at Walmart so we called and got that cleared up. The following day they cut off my card because of the ATM ordeal. I called. I got that cleared up... from then on for a month and two every 2 or 3 days they would put a hold on our cards and we would have to call with an explanation of why when and where.

We had a balance transfer that we listed for Capital One a balance transfer the day we got the cards online and was told they were sent out that day or the following day. 2 and a half weeks later I noticed on my statement that there was on my account listing for Capital One on 9 6 2018. They made the checkout and send it and bold face lied to me over the phone. Said that it was sent and it was good when actually they had not even sent out yet. When they finally did send it the address that you Capital One and then sent it to me at my address. It came in the mail the trance for a check. I called them up and they told me that that was the only address they had on file for Capital One. My address is the only one you have on file? Craziness. So I jumped in my car, took it to my post office, express mailed it to Capital One. It cost me $9.

Because I got a little upset with him over this check that they sent out, because they lied and sent it to the wrong place they are punishing me and my grandmother about cutting off my cards and giving us every excuse under the sign of why we call every day and it's always a different excuse or, "Something's in your view," or suspicious activity or, "We couldn't positively ID your phone," or, "The photos you sent him are too dark." It was a excuse after excuse after excuse. For 2 weeks this went on. Could not get no answers from nobody. Few people at that place that really helped me and that was Angie and Ariel in the credit card department. Those two went beyond their means to help me but still could not give me a correct answer.

As of right now I am still waiting to hear back from TD Bank. Excuse me TD Card Services. Again the bank side is awesome. They have put us through hell over these cards and we have done not one thing wrong. Really thinking about legal action because it has stressed us both out to the point that we are regretting even hearing the word TD. If there are any lawyers or legal professionals reading this please contact me at **. I believe it's time BS big Banks and big credit card companies pay for their actions and what they do to their customers that are hundred percent in the right. I noticed I had to put a star in order to proceed with my comments. Let me say I did not even want to give them a one-star rating. They don't deserve it at least not the card services side.

TD Ameritrade expert review by Barbara Friedberg

TD Bank is one of the 10 largest U.S. banks. The bank offers retail, small business and commercial banking products and services to more than 8.5 million customers through its approximate 1,300 locations in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida.  TD Bank belongs to TD Bank Group, a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto.

• Accounts and services: TD Bank offers personal banking, small business banking, commercial banking and investing services. The personal banking services and products include checking, saving, credit cards, loans as well as access to investment products.

• Online banking and bill pay: Their electronic services include 24/7 online account access, transfers, person-to-person payments via Popmoney® and bill pay. Customers receive email alerts, online statements and account synch with Quicken®.

• Credit cards: TD Bank offers a variety of credit and debit cards including specialized miles, cash back, prepaid, balance transfer and rewards cards. There are also special offers for new credit card owners.

• Personal loans: TD Banks personal loan products include secured loans, unsecured loans and a personal unsecured line of credit.

• Financial tips and tools: This educational portal includes calculators, articles and tutorials on a wealth of financial topics including banking, budgeting saving, and borrowing.

• Best for: TD Bank is appropriate for consumers who live near the TD Ameritrade Bank branches and those seeking banking with a direct link to a discount brokerage firm, TD Ameritrade.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg