Find an Online Banks partner

See suggested offers from our Partners

Great Prepaid Debit Cards We Recommend

Learn more

TD Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TD Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TD Bank and TD Banknorth?

Original review: July 21, 2021

Filled out the info requested, which was at the tip of my fingers and got the loan on-time. Moreover, questions were very easy to understand and the representative followed up as was expected. Thank you very much.

Original review: May 30, 2021

My cousin and I went to TD bank for the first time in Feasterville, Buck County and we went in to meet the person in charge. My cousin explains our situation and want to open a joint account. He said, No problem. He took care of all the things need to open the account. Beautiful job he did with us. We highly recommend this bank.

Get buying tips about Online Banks delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

TD Bank makes banking a pleasant experience. Their app and website make checking balances and paying bills a breeze. Customer service whether at the bank or on the phone is a pleasure with polite, knowledgeable staff. I highly recommend this bank!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

I like the customer service I get at my local branch. Recently, the chip stopped working on my debit card. Since it is drive-up only at this time, the teller told me he'd get a new one made right away and to pull around the corner and he would bring it out to me. It was great service!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I am extremely satisfied with TD Bank; their customer service is fantastic. My account was hacked a couple of years ago and they swiftly and professionally handled the incident. I couldn't have asked for better service with that incident as well as any other of my banking needs.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I had over $60,000 in identity theft with fraudulent signatures on my Commerce Bank Checks. I had the authorities involved, 3 police departments and the Burlington County Courthouse. The representative that I met with at TD Bank didn't want to speak to the authorities to validate my loss, but instead, said that they would do their own investigation. I will not disclose the person I met with, but at that point, I knew that TD Bank was not going to help me. While the theft was occurring Commerce changed over to TD Bank. The person that committed those crimes went to jail, but I got no restitution. This TD bank is not for the consumer, only for themselves to make sure they don't lose a dime of their money. I will never bank or recommend TD Bank to anyone.

Original review: July 27, 2021

I was stuck in a ditch in another city with a hold on my mobile deposit, when I called I was told that I’m not eligible for my money, another day another rep told me that it’s a daily update that allows them to make releases, when I asked what changed from this week and a week ago when I had to call for the same thing and it was approved, the answer I basically got was because, "Legally we can hold it so we say so…." FYI people. TD can deny without cause, and leave you stranded in a ditch, literally. And if you ever get Chrissy or Conner better to just hang up and save the embarrassment of them talking to you like you stole your own money. Oh and another interesting fact, I’ve been receiving both mobile and direct deposits for months regularly, so why would they say they now need to verify my employers again??? No one should feel like a criminal for their own money. Just saying.... shady business.

Original review: July 26, 2021

They had one person help people. Waiting over 2 hours. They had one lady helping out for customers. She didn’t know what they were doing. A man didn’t sign in and they allowed all these people who clearly came after him to go ahead of him.

Original review: July 21, 2021

I have had possibly the worst customer service experience with this TD Bank card. I recently moved from Philadelphia to Rochester and transferred my address. TD Credit card responded by freezing my card until I could verify my identity. They did not notify me of this; my card was simply declined 7 days after I had moved. I called TD credit card customer service, who provided me with an actual address for a TD bank location in Rochester... which closed five years ago. I then called back, and was told I had to verify my identity with 2 forms of ID. I was told to fax them over to a number (the supervisor, Preston, was unsure which ID would fit that requirement, however).

I then called in 3 days later, asking if my identity had been verified so I could use my card. I was then told that the fax number provided was incorrect. I then refaxed everything (paying out of pocket; I do not have a fax) and was told it was received 2 days afterwards. However, I was informed it was pending review, and was told to call again in 3 days. I called again in 3 days, however, I was then told I also needed to provide a copy of my utility bill. This had not been mentioned to me. I was then told to fax my 5 page utility bill (keep in mind faxing is $2.19 per page near me).

I have asked to cancel this card numerous times, only to be sent to a customer service rep who then sends me back to the TD line I was on. Everyone on the phone is super unhelpful and simply wants you to hang up. I urge anyone to stay the hell away from TD bank as much as you can. I have been a loyal TD bank user for over a decade and this is how I was rewarded. Go to a better company who will treat you better and not make you call numerous times.

Original review: July 19, 2021

I have been a TD bank customer for years. Had checking, saving and credit card with them. I got an alert from my credit that there was a closed account on my Credit card. I called and they stated I haven't used my card in a while so they closed it. This Credit Card was one of my longest cards I have that helped my credit. Now my credit is in bad shape due to TD shutting my card for no reason. They even declined me for a new card because the length of time with cards. Well thank you TD. I just left the TD Bank with all my money. I closed every account I had with them.

TD Bank and TD Banknorth author review by Barbara Friedberg

TD Bank is one of the 10 largest U.S. banks. The bank offers retail, small business and commercial banking products and services to more than 8.5 million customers through its approximate 1,300 locations in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida.  TD Bank belongs to TD Bank Group, a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto.

• Accounts and services: TD Bank offers personal banking, small business banking, commercial banking and investing services. The personal banking services and products include checking, saving, credit cards, loans as well as access to investment products.

• Online banking and bill pay: Their electronic services include 24/7 online account access, transfers, person-to-person payments via Popmoney® and bill pay. Customers receive email alerts, online statements and account synch with Quicken®.

• Credit cards: TD Bank offers a variety of credit and debit cards including specialized miles, cash back, prepaid, balance transfer and rewards cards. There are also special offers for new credit card owners.

• Personal loans: TD Banks personal loan products include secured loans, unsecured loans and a personal unsecured line of credit.

• Financial tips and tools: This educational portal includes calculators, articles and tutorials on a wealth of financial topics including banking, budgeting saving, and borrowing.

by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Contributing Editor