TD Bank
1.39/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

TD Bank

Looking for a mortgage lender?

TD Bank Reviews

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I’ve been using TD Bank's online services for approximately 5 years without a problem. I can transfer money from my checking account within TD and to non TD banks. I love their mobile check deposit service... Very convenient! I pay almost all of my bills with their bill pay service. Their staff is mostly courteous and they are open more than my other local banks. One amazing feature that my previous bank didn’t offer is TD’s ability to very quickly generate a bank card at their branches. Great bank. Thanks.

Original review: July 29, 2019

Have dealt with this bank for decades without a single problem. Statements are clear and easy to understand and reconcile. In person contact with numerous branches in VT and FL easy and staff are always helpful. Only one downside, as I have considered cash in checking account, I wish they would make a concerted effort (reach out to me) to offer CD's or other products that would earn income.

Get expert buying tips about Online Brokers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I have included a car loan TD Bank/TD Finance upon my past court loan while fully being firm & not flexible with monthly amounts being included. I also had included medical areas for interfering my monthly amount for additional charges, but they have logically allowed their reductions while working within a family business style & not our rip-off style within many other Auto Loan areas.

Original review: July 2, 2019

This insurance co does biz in Canada, I do not know if they also insure in the US but premiums are very good if you have a good driving record and good credit history. I have been insuring with them for 11 years and premiums have stayed reasonable. Claims are a bit slow to be processed. Otherwise great service.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Call TD Bank and representative picks up on first ring. They are caring, helpful and solve issues fast. Great bank, easy to use Quicken or QuickBooks with. Awesome service! I was trying to switch to QuickBooks for my business. They made it so easy. Go online, give permission for QuickBooks and it works seamlessly. This level of service should be the standard.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TD Bank and TD Banknorth?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I've Banked with TD Bank in Canada for 35 yrs. So while living in the US, I was happy to open my account with them there. One day I went to sign on to my online acct. and it said I didn't have an acct. I thought it was a tech error, so I called the bank. The lady looked me up and said, "no you have an account, let's have a look", then she said "Oh, it looks like you've been shut down". I was shocked! I always keep a minimum balance of 3,000 in my account. I've never bounced a check, nothing. I asked, "Why?" She said she'd need to check with her supervisor. Then came back and said "I'm sorry. I don't know why your acct is shut down, nor did her supervisor". She then offered me a phone number to call.

I called, there was a recorded message saying they'd return my call within 24 hrs. I was dying to know what had happened. So when they called me the next day I asked "What happened, why was my account shut down", "I'm a good customer and have been at the bank in Canada for 35 yrs, my mortgage was with them there". The nice lady said, "I'm sorry. I can't tell you why, but the TD Bank has the right to shut down your accts", and doesn't what to do business with you.

I asked her if this happens to other people? She said she had 12 other people to call after me. I asked if there was someone else I could talk to, a supervisor? who could tell me why my account was just closed. She said "no". She then offered this info "There have been customers that hired lawyers to find out why they were shut down, and they got no information". I feel like I'm in some weird episode of The Hand Maids Tale, where the bank has chosen to render me useless by shutting down my accts. Super weird, Super Big Brother. Not cool!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I called customer service today to change my address because I am moving in 2 days. The man asked me to verify a resent transaction including amount and date, so I did. But then he said he couldn't verify it based on that, so be wanted to pull my credit file. I refused to let them pull my credit, and he said there were no other options and was very rude and condescending. I hung up and called back hoping to get someone more helpful only to find out that the previous guy had locked me out of my account (so I was not able to talk to customer service.). Customer service and the supervisor I insisted on talking to told me that their hands were tied because the other rep had shut down their ability to pull up my account. I didn't even realize something like that was possible.

Long story short, I was told that I have to go to a branch to have the account unlocked, mind you all I wanted to do was change my address! I asked them to just close the account, and they told me they can't do that either. They said there was nothing they or I could do until I go to a branch. Mind you the year is 2019. This is the most backwards and inconvenient bank I have ever encountered. Even Wells Fargo operates with more consideration and morals. Avoid.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

TD BANK is absolutely the worst financial experience that I have ever dealt with.  But don’t just take my word for it. Check out their score with Consumer Affairs and Credit Karma. A 1.3 and 1.4 out of 5 stars!! https://www.creditkarma.com/reviews/banking/single/id/td-bank2/.

I have a second mortgage with TD Bank and set up automatic payments as to not miss a payment. Apparently, my variable rate increased a whopping $11 monthly and TD Bank reported me to FICO and the other credit bureaus not once, but two times! I can almost understand this however, there was never an attempt to contact me, and YES they actually verified that when I finally spoke to collections. How did I find out about the delinquency? When we attempted to refinance our home to finance college for our daughter, our mortgage broker told us the news.

I was dumbfounded to hear that TD Bank was going to do absolutely nothing about this despite acknowledging there were 0 collection efforts. Clearly I can see why so many people have so many bad things to say about TD Bank North. A disgrace to the financial community…. And oh yes, the grand total of my horrible delinquency? “$140”. That’s right one hundred and forty dollars, which was paid immediately upon learning of the situation.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

They charge account fees without any notification and illogical reasons. You can open accounts with your wife who doesn't speak English but you can't help her on the phone. They make it almost impossible if you want to close the account on the phone. Worst customer service I have ever seen in my life. Agents act as if they own the bank.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

This TD Bank credit card used to be good years ago, not you almost get nothing back. Not worth the trouble anymore. You cannot make changes like you address online on their website. You have to call them for everything, because they do not have internal email messaging to send them messages within your log in. Very behind the times. I have told them before, not to mail me checks, but they do it anyway, I am tired of calling them. I do not want these checks to get into the wrong hands, plus I am moving.

This company needs to up its game and get with the other high-tech banks. When you call them, their survey doesn't work either, what a mess TD! The people who answer their phones are not professional and do not call you by your right name or title, they are rude and inconsiderate. Not professional. They better improve soon, two strikes, one more and I am canceling with TD Bank!

TD Bank and TD Banknorth expert review by Barbara Friedberg

TD Bank is one of the 10 largest U.S. banks. The bank offers retail, small business and commercial banking products and services to more than 8.5 million customers through its approximate 1,300 locations in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida.  TD Bank belongs to TD Bank Group, a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto.

• Accounts and services: TD Bank offers personal banking, small business banking, commercial banking and investing services. The personal banking services and products include checking, saving, credit cards, loans as well as access to investment products.

• Online banking and bill pay: Their electronic services include 24/7 online account access, transfers, person-to-person payments via Popmoney® and bill pay. Customers receive email alerts, online statements and account synch with Quicken®.

• Credit cards: TD Bank offers a variety of credit and debit cards including specialized miles, cash back, prepaid, balance transfer and rewards cards. There are also special offers for new credit card owners.

• Personal loans: TD Banks personal loan products include secured loans, unsecured loans and a personal unsecured line of credit.

• Financial tips and tools: This educational portal includes calculators, articles and tutorials on a wealth of financial topics including banking, budgeting saving, and borrowing.

• Best for: TD Bank is appropriate for consumers who live near the TD Ameritrade Bank branches and those seeking banking with a direct link to a discount brokerage firm, TD Ameritrade.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg