TD Bank

See suggested offers from our Partners

Great Prepaid Debit Cards We Recommend

Learn more

TD Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TD Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TD Bank and TD Banknorth?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2022

Overall TD has been reasonably good service wise but their policy of only allowing $100 of a Check to count toward A checking balance when I have over 20K in My linked savings account is a Joke; As I understand this is an overall One size fits All Policy but shows no Respect for longstanding Customers like Myself; Have to watch their service fees as well!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

Grew up with CU's. stayed with them for over 35 years. After I moved around for work a bit they would not talk to me. A wonderful lady at TD was shocked at this shabby treatment and set me up with an account right away. It's been over 10 years now and this bank - every branch - every representative, has treated me like family. I am an incredibly small account and they make me feel welcome and well advised at all times. I am slowly getting my financial life into a useful place and I trust TD to get me there.

Get buying tips about Online Banks delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

I had called to inquired about removing something from my account that was hindering me every month. Nazam from Toronto department was understand, kind and informative. I really appreciate all the help he was able to help me with.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

Ismail ** from Parsippany NJ branch was an excellent Store Manager and assisted us with our needs ASAP and with full efficiency. Service given within no time wasting and 100% efforts are put in. Very dedicated staff member. Great Job- Thank You Mr. Ismail

Original review: May 30, 2021

My cousin and I went to TD bank for the first time in Feasterville, Buck County and we went in to meet the person in charge. My cousin explains our situation and want to open a joint account. He said, No problem. He took care of all the things need to open the account. Beautiful job he did with us. We highly recommend this bank.

Original review: May 20, 2022

TD is scamming people from their money. They literally in a matter of seconds removed money from my account and had the nerve to tell me I was delusional when I called. That I did my math wrong. They are also rearranging everyone's transactions when you use a debit card. They move the transactions around so they can hit you with an overdraft fee. I am putting together all proof to show to a lawyer. TD you are toast.

Original review: May 9, 2022

Opened up two accounts in my name with my address and sent me bank statements and overdraft fees and a card that was not even activated.. I never heard of them.. They will not admit the scam or close accounts .. I have filed with BBB, FBI, FTC, and CFPB.. Fraud department tried to belittle me and convince me someone stole my identity which is a lie… They have been running this scam on thousands of people even though they paid millions recently in that class action suit.. Do not under any circumstances use this bank.. Whoever they are!! I would never ever trust them with my money.. They open up illegal credit cards, bank accounts, steal money from open accounts, check out their Facebook page .. Hundreds of people begging for help for the fraud.. This company is garbage and these locations need to be closed permanently…I will not be silenced.. You tried to scam the wrong one.

Original review: April 14, 2022

This bank is very weird ... They claim they want to make things easy but instead do the opposite. All procedures were followed to get a promotion for opening a new account. After g the bonus into the account was never received after a reasonable time, I called. First do not go to the bank because the bank staff has no clue about the online promotions ... but they may have their own, which the customer service online do not know anything about. I called and they first said I need to have a recurring direct deposit ... FALSE ...

I called back as someone wanting to opening an account for the promo and was told just a total of $2500 within 60 days ... and specifically was told the direct deposit need not be recurring. Then called back, now they said I needed a special code sent to me in the mail ... FALSE ... Again called back as a supposed new customer and the person said no, I just need to open the account online ... No special code needed. Why they have a promotion that I can't also just get by applying in the bank is a separate oddity that is obviously not in the interest of customers or making things simple but that is not an issue ... Ironic as that is what they promote they do! This bank created convoluted processes then their staff do not seem to be on the same page.

Original review: April 11, 2022

Every time I go to the TD bank on Huguenot SI New York they always have a problem. I come here for work to hand in deposits. They are always nasty, huffing and puffing and complaining about me. They drag my visit longer than it has to be and just keep complaining over and over. If I didn’t have to come here for work I would never come here.

Original review: April 2, 2022

Terrible bank and credit card to work with! 2 hour wait time on customer service, no one in their customer service is property trained and they send you goose chasing. Rude and unprofessional members. Constant hold and block on cards with no reason. No resolution or care to resolve customer complaints. Stay away from this bank. Terrible, terrible bank and credit card to work with

TD Bank and TD Banknorth author review by Barbara Friedberg

TD Bank is one of the 10 largest U.S. banks. The bank offers retail, small business and commercial banking products and services to more than 8.5 million customers through its approximate 1,300 locations in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida.  TD Bank belongs to TD Bank Group, a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto.

• Accounts and services: TD Bank offers personal banking, small business banking, commercial banking and investing services. The personal banking services and products include checking, saving, credit cards, loans as well as access to investment products.

• Online banking and bill pay: Their electronic services include 24/7 online account access, transfers, person-to-person payments via Popmoney® and bill pay. Customers receive email alerts, online statements and account synch with Quicken®.

• Credit cards: TD Bank offers a variety of credit and debit cards including specialized miles, cash back, prepaid, balance transfer and rewards cards. There are also special offers for new credit card owners.

• Personal loans: TD Banks personal loan products include secured loans, unsecured loans and a personal unsecured line of credit.

• Financial tips and tools: This educational portal includes calculators, articles and tutorials on a wealth of financial topics including banking, budgeting saving, and borrowing.

by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Advisor