TD Bank and TD Banknorth
1.14/5
Based on 146 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Get expert advice Hire a pro
Answer a few questions to find a great financial advisor. Compare the top 3 fiduciary financial advisors near you.
FIND MY ADVISOR

TD Bank

Last updated: April 22, 2018

691 TD Bank and TD Banknorth Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 22, 2018

Living between London and New York and having run my company with over 300 staff for 35 years, mainly in London, I decided to slow down and moved to NYC for longer periods. I was advised (sadly) to use "TD BANK... A modern bank with a modern approach I was told". I opened my accounts with TD Bank, and to NO fault of my own, my accounts were hacked and used in China. TD (allegedly) FROZE my accounts so that I could not withdraw a penny, they also seem to have "allegedly" told my credit card companies.

Thank goodness for American Express who kept me going whilst I eventually managed to withdraw all my money (six figures cash) and open up an account with another bank. I won't put the name of the bank out of pure litigation. The icing on the cake was an employee in TD Bank NYC Manhattan, who had been merely working to save up some money, and told me the inside story of the bank and how they offered this that and the other to start off with, late opening hours and all the smiley faces. Now they close early and the staff obviously have the enthusiasm of a slug, and I don't blame them. After 40 odd years I'd say run for your lives. Pity really, we just opened a company all the way down the East Coast with my son, employing some 1500 people. Disgraceful and immoral. N.B. The person I chatted to in the so called bank has now moved on, and opened up his own company. Good luck to him.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I have had my account with TD for over a year. Have never missed a payment and only have had one late payment (literally by one day). I purchased some new items with my TD card In April. In March I paid my normal bill plus a little over, not knowing what my new amount was. I got a late payment in the mail a few days ago saying my payment was missing $3 dollars and they were charging me a late fee of $38!!! I called the customer service and talked to two different supervisors (after being on hold over ten minutes each) who basically told me, that was too bad and nothing they/will can do about it! Very dissatisfied and will be returning the items back to the store to get it off this finance account.

Get expert buying tips about Online Brokers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 13, 2018

There's so many issues I have with TD Bank, but Oh-my-God!!! I CANNOT TAKE entering the single-use code every single time I'm trying to check my account, this is ANNOYING and the dumbest idea they could have ever come up with. Why not one passcode for you to put in every single time, no one has time to wait on a text... and on top of that if you use someone else's phone you're out of luck. I was at Walmart trying to pay for service on my car when my phone died trying to check my account for my mom's phone. I couldn't even check it due to this dumb single-use code. Please deactivate this, it is annoying ** out of me. I can't wait to leave this Bank.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I brought 1750 Euros to TD Bank to wire transfer to Italy. The clerk, Howard **, told me he will get me the same rate to change to Euros for transfer. I then agreed because I don't need to pay extra CAD. When everything is almost done then he told me the rate has gone up so I have to pay extra which is $185.75. I then asked why he said he can give me the same rate and the answer is "I SAID I WILL TRY TO GIVE YOU THE SAME RATE". I think everyone knows buying and selling is never the same rate. I look like a fool. He should never say giving me the same rate which is impossible at the same day but it is possible for some other time. This is a lesson to other people and a good lesson for TD Bank clerks' training.

Original review: April 9, 2018

Terrible accessibility to customer service via phone. Painfully and unreasonably long hold times. Often 20-60 minutes plus. Don’t bother going to a branch because they have to call the same customer service number as you do. Going back to Citibank.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TD Ameritrade?

Original review: April 9, 2018

If you bank with TD bank, take your money and run, seriously!! Day 13 of my fraud case (only 6 for them since I had to wait two days to file my dispute and they only count business days). Someone got my debit card # (while it was still in my possession) and charged 10 transactions for $99 each and four more for various amount close to $90. The bank did not catch this or flag it as fraud, I did, the same day. I called immediate, and the charges were still pending, so I was hoping they would be able to stop them, but they said they couldn't. They said they would have to wait for them to go through, and then I could file a dispute.

It took two days for the charges to clear before I could file, and by this time I have other transactions that had gone through so I had started to get overdraft fees. I have several bills that come out automatically at the beginning of the month, and I could not stop them, so now I am up to $500 in overdraft fees. On Friday I talked to a very rude supervisor from TD that told me that if the investigation was resolved in my favor, I should see something by this Friday but nothing before that. In my favor? As if they are questioning whether or not it's fraud? I then talked to PayPal who sent me a letter confirming the fraudulent charges and stated that they will be returning the money to my account. I was told by someone in the dispute department at TD that if I faxed the letter over, I would have a credit in 1 to 2 days.

I called today to follow up to make sure they got the fax, etc. I talked to a very nice girl who was actually empathetic, but couldn't answer my questions. I was then transferred to the fraud department (another 15 min hold), who said they had no information about the letter and did not know why I was told I would get the money back any sooner. She said they "have to" wait the 10 business days, and IF the case is closed "in my favor" I would get the money returned.

When I first filed the dispute I was told it should only take 3-5 business days, then 7-10 days, and now I am being told they have to wait the full 10 days, even with a letter from PayPal that says the charges are indeed fraud (which they can't confirm if they have or not). I have called there almost every day, and the agent told me she only shows notes from the original day of my dispute and from Friday (but not notes about the letter). I have talked to two supervisors at two different times, and apparently there aren't any notes from them either.

I know fraud happens, but they way that they are treating me as a customer, making me feel like I am the criminal, and all of the different answers I have been given is ridiculous. Their hold music is also psychological torture, so that by the time you talk to someone you are ready to lose your religion. At this point I am not sure if I will ever use a debit card again.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I called their customer care for unblock my debit card payment to rebtel.com. I called them first time around 2 pm. After waiting 25 minutes even they said waiting time 20 minutes executive said she unblocked my card. Okay hang up then I tried again to pay rebtel.com around midnight 11.30 pm same day but same msg. Rebtel says my card declined by issuer so called again waited 30 minutes with phone. No one response then I hang up. Now who is responsible for this? Is this you call service!!!! I attached pic of my waiting time duration with them...

Original review: April 8, 2018

In December 2017 I lost my debit card and someone used it to go buy lots of stuffs and I called in and report my card stolen, and report the fraud so they got back to me saying that the transaction happened between valid and invalid transaction so for they can’t give me those credit. So I work hard and anybody can just take my card and used it and My bank can’t protect me. Nice.

And on April 7 2018 I came to deposit cash into my account $900 the only money I had on me and was ready to spend my weekend with my daughter and the ATM had problems and couldn’t count my money or return or even give me any credit on my account. I called customer service while at the bank they told me to come the next day to the branch and talk to the manager at 175 Varick St, New York 10014 which I did and Mr ** told me TD Bank workers don’t have access to their own ATM that I have to wait 2 to 5 business days for them to be able to get a technician to come check the ATM and get my money, my money I work For.

It was so frustrating, I was so angry being left out with no money while I have money being hold up by a corporation. This is not fair and it’s very unprofessional that they can’t check the atm record and credit my money to my account. As soon I will get my money I’m suing TD for the emotional and ** up ** they have done to me. Worst bank ever.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I recently went into the TD Bank location at 300 Main St, Nashua, NH and applied for a personal loan in the amount of $10,000. I spoke with the branch manager, Jacob **, who submitted the application to his underwriter. I also showed Jacob my credit scores, which were obtained from the three major agencies; Trans Union, Equifax and Experian. My credit scores from the three were 655,670, and 654.

I received phone call from Jacob yesterday to learn that my loan application had been denied, based on a credit score of 568, according to the underwriter who reviewed my application. I contend that the underwriter's response is prejudicial and completely unfair, given that I had been told by Jacob ** that TD Bank typically approves loans based on scores of 640 or better. The loan was designed to consolidate all of my credit card debt into a single monthly payment of $388/mo for 36 months. For the record, Jacob ** should be commended for his thoughtfulness and compassion in trying to help me achieve my goal of reducing my credit card debt. However, I find it very unfair to be denied credit when my understanding is that TD Bank uses the three credit agencies in their decision.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I am a church treasurer. My name was added to the TD Bank and credit card account. I was suppose to get a credit card with my name on it so I could have online access. It should have arrived in 5-7 business days, but did not. I got a phone number at the branch for credit card services and it was not the right number. I waited on the phone several times because they did not have record that I could speak to them about the account.

It took considerable time to determine that the card was mailed to the church address, but it was never received at the church, so now we start the process again. I paid the credit card bill at the bank online payer site. It was not an electronic payment to their credit card, it was a paper check with the wrong zip code 2 months in a row. I had the correct address on the bill payer site. We had late fees and I have spent about 3 hours trying to resolve all of these issues. I would love to switch banks at this point and we may just do that.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I have been with TD Bank for 14 years. I've had small business loans and checking accounts, personal mortgage and home equity and checking accounts. I'm closing them all. My problems started this year when they simply ended automated transfers on a small business loan and home equity loan. The small business transfer came up with an error so I noticed it but it was near impossible to even make a payment because their phone support is so bad. When I finally did get through to them they told me I had to go in person to the branch to make a payment. Even in the branch it took an hour to make a payment. The home equity loan, a transfer that has been running for at least 5 years simply disappeared. I can see all the past payments but there were no future payment scheduled. This transfer was NOT set up with a limited number of payment.

I didn't notice that this transfer wasn't occurring. I had plenty of money in my account to make the payment. 2 months later I get a letter in the mail saying it’s way past due. I immediately made a payment and sent online messages through the web portal detailing what happened. They put a mark on my credit score (which didn't have a late payment on any account from any company) and took me from 800 to 580. I have contacted them through the web portal repeatedly to resolve this issue and they say the department that handles that will contact me within 3 days. That was over a month ago. Now I'm trying to sell my house and they made an escrow disbursement for property taxes that somehow magically the town has not received. But the money is definitely gone from the escrow account.

I'm on the phone now, on hold after having been transferred 4 times because their phone support is so terrible that I don't think people even know what department handles what. I'm done. I'm closing every account I have with them and advising all of my friends and family to do the same. Their slogan "America's Most Convenient Bank" is an outright lie. My next step is retaining a lawyer to fix the credit issue and suing them for all the time I've had to waste on their incompetency. Clock still ticking on phone call at over 40 minutes.

Original review: April 5, 2018

As I write this, I've been on hold for 40 min. and counting -- and to rub salt in the wounds, a 10-second long music loop plays over and over and OVER again... no way to turn it off and have to keep listening because there's no clue how long it will be before someone answers. This is like some form of torture. Even bad music would be better than this headache-inducing loop.

Someone finally answered at the 45 min. mark. This was a very nice and quite competent agent, to be fair, but she could only sympathize with my complaint, of course. Not that I expected her to be able to fix anything. The reason for my call is that I closed my account months ago when TD closed the only branch near me, and the non-existent account is still linked to my email and cell number whenever someone tries to send money (via Zelle, which is used by most major banks now). She was able to fix it in about 2 minutes. Their greeting says the call will be recorded to ensure "legendary service". Really? I would like to know what executive or group is responsible for the music loop, and who thinks it's okay to put customers on hold for 45 minutes? NOT IMPRESSED!

Original review: March 30, 2018

In the early 2017 I deposited a check in to my checking account in TD Canada. The check was for $3000 and going through my papers just recently I realized there was only $2000 was deposited to my account, I went to the bank and asked them about it and I was told there would be an inquiry about it. Today somebody called me from the bank and told me the matter is closed and they can't do anything about it and it is my fault that I didn't let them know sooner, so for all I know I gave them a check for 3k and they put only 2k in my account, they made a mistake and I have to pay for it, I work very hard for my money, is there anything I can do, please help.

Original review: March 29, 2018

TD Bank charged $1368 in fees after promising twice to stop. TD Bank refused to refund $1368 in maintenance fees they charged improperly for one of four checking accounts I have with them. In 2013 when I first noticed the improper charges, I contacted TD Bank twice and each time they refunded the fees and promised to stop charging those fees. But despite their two promises TD Bank continued to charge the fees.

I visited my local branch in Indian Harbour Beach FL March 12 and left them documents with the improper charges by date and requested a refund. They never replied. So I sent a fax to the local branch manager on March 26. March 27 I got my first reply from the branch but they refused to do the right thing and refund the charges they'd promised to stop twice. And this unreasonable refusal was also despite my maintaining large balances in the other accounts that per TD Bank policies justified no fees on the account that was charged the fees. TD Bank knew this yet continued to break multiple promises and charge me.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Could be the worst bank I ever did business with. Their online business checking account is horrible, I tried ACH money to another bank, I get a pop up that says I have to go into the bank in person. When I get there the banker did not know how to set up my ACH. How about that. If he didn't know who should I go to? Not sure than to wait on hold for a minimum of 30 minutes to get someone to help you. The worst bank I ever seen.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Been on hold for over 30 mins no matter when I call morning, noon or night. Today I was on hold for the 3rd time after 1st time being on hold for 35 mins, the second time 45 mins. Third time 1 hour and 18 mins before a rep said I have to be transferred to another dept. A department for purchase disputes which is not an option in automated system. I asked if I would be on hold more, she said no. Transferred me and I was on hold for another 40 mins. That's 2 damn hours and NO help. No one to file a dispute about a charge I didn't make or authorize. How is that a credit card company protecting my security???

I've been trying for a week to reach them. I can reach the IRS during tax season quicker, and I have called the IRS twice in Feb but less than 30 min wait. This IS on top of a billion mistakes they constantly make. And all I ever hear is, "I'm sorry." I'm sorry but this is the worst company ever. And I have proof (screenshots of how long I was on hold last today) Because it's UNHEARD OF TO WAIT 2 HOURS FOR CUSTOMER REP TO DISPUTE A CHARGE.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I have spent close to two hours being moved from one person to another for a very, very simple request - i.e., "I need to talk to your fraud department." - I have gone through two separate calls where their systems disconnected me. The second call resulted in my being transferred to 5 different people with waiting times from 9 minutes to the longest of 32 minutes (on hold five times) to finally get cut off with no one calling me back. You would be nuts to do business with this bank as any problem you might have will never be resolved - you will never be able to contact the person you need to speak with nor be directed correctly by anyone. All of this is for me to simply have them cancel a fraudulent card I saw on my credit report. If they had a scale with negative stars, I would rate it negative infinity.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I have follow instructions for the new security online, including the new cell phone app. At the beginning didn't work, a few a week after start working for a few days, now It doesn't work anymore again. I call for help and they asked for the account number (I'm paperless so I don't know my account number), they asked for my SSN and that I know, they asked me what was the amount in my latest $ transfer (I don't remember. I always transfer like 135.23), I didn't have my cell with me so they can't send me a text message (the cell app does not work properly). All this is real and it can happen to anybody specially me that I travel international all the time. They will not call my home, they will don't send me an email, they don't ask me security questions. Was wrong with TD Bank? At this point I don't. Tomorrow Sunday I'll close my account, hope people do that and move to a real "convenient bank", "I'm definitely NOT in good hands".

Original review: March 24, 2018

I'm not sure what legendary service TD Bank is always talking about but my experience with them has always been bad. The wait time to speak to someone on the phone is 45 minutes. It is absolutely ridiculous! Most times when I go into the branch they are very rude. Can't even get anyone on the phone for customer service. If I could give them a zero rating, I would.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I opened a account about a month ago, I was told that TD had good customer service and convenient hours. Yeah they might have free account if you have $100 and good hours but that's it. My closest branch (Clarendon, Arlington, VA) have their ATM broken for entire month. I went there last night to deposit money. Now it only takes checks so it is still broken. They also love to hold your money. Since I am a new customer they are holding on to my checks for 7 business days plus the weekend, that over 10 days for you to use your own money. RIDICULOUS.

I just deposit a $5000 check this last Monday on 19th. Today is Friday the 23th still not available, I called them they were like, "You deposited in your 29th day of your account so you are still new, we can not make it available until the Wednesday the 28th." Of course it took me two phone calls to get this unacceptable answer. First call I waited over 20 minutes, the agent hanged up. Second call I waited around 15-20 minutes and I got a messed up answer. Why would I keep this bank, if they start treating me like this at the beginning of our relationship.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I set up recurring full balance auto payment with TD Bank and it continues to charge late and interest fees. I can clearly see that Recurring Payments set when I check my account online but representative said that he cannot see it. And two weeks before that, I spoke with another representative and he confirmed that he can see my auto payments. After I was transferred to customer service my wait time exceeded 30 minutes. Do you want this kind of service? I do not and will close my credit card as soon as my statement will show 0 balance.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I recently opened an account with TD Bank. Mainly to receive my payroll check. The bank said it has legendary service. What a joke, their computers are always down. Then try to get you to bank online. Then you wait on hold for 40 minutes to talk to someone. Why would anybody want to put their money in this bank? It's the wooorrrrsssttt.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I do not understand how TD Bank can continue to get away with robbing customers myself included. I deposited sixty bucks this past Sunday. All pending items got paid. Then today on the 20th of March I received a refund to which my account stated I now had $74 and change. I go buy a couple of coffees at Dunkin Donuts and then off to shopping. Within that hour the pending items were now repending my cash deposit. Date was changed but I have the deposit slip. No one will call me back because each time this is done I dispute my case and they end up paying me back and apologies!

My issue is it's not right they do this and then have the balls to claim you're in the wrong. I am tired of it! I am leaving them by next month. I will no longer do business with them! Also I find if you're a community business and have large amounts going into their bank they get treated like gold. A loan when needed no problems. Even little vacation packages, and those on disability are robbed along with all the small guys whom are living check to check. It's discrimination and I told them so along with it's against the law! I'm pissed to think my cash refund went into their hands today and my pendings that went through are now pending once again as if it was just put through... Where's the BBB... probably being paid off like all those big companies. Do they rob Peter to pay Paul!!! You been warned. Stay away before you're truly in the poor house from these thieves!

Original review: March 17, 2018

Had credit card account opened 3 years ago, was paying my credit card payment on time, never defaulted on their credit card payment nor any other credit card account that I have with 711 credit rating. I missed 1 payment by accident, after 3 days of the due date I discovered my mistake and I sent two payments, never contact me about when I missed the date, they simply reduced my credit limit to what I owed them on the card which lowered my credit ratings significantly. If you need a credit card this bank is the wrong place.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I have been trying for over a month to update information in my online account with no results. I am trying to change the nickname in an account and it does not accept the change. I have another account that a change was made and it accepted the change. Numerous calls to customer support with wait times over an hour got me no results. I keep being told a request to tech support will be made and I will be notified by email of the resolution. All I get is an email stating "your change of address has been completed" and to give it one monthly statement to take effect. What the hell is that???

Every email I send with the subject "Account Nickname Issue" comes back with the change of address response. Even when I reply to the email send stating change of email, I specify that the request was for a nickname change. Then I get another email stating "change of address" again. Why doesn't the Federal Reserve banking division step in and get TD Bank off their asses to get these problems resolved. I have had other issues, such as email addresses, phone numbers and names that needed to be updated and after three weeks and countless calls, it was fixed but this is the last issue that I cannot get resolved.

Original review: March 13, 2018

On February 28, 2018 @ 20:48, I made an ATM cash deposit into my TD Bank Checkings account in the amount of $635.00. At the end of my transaction a receipt was issued and it read "available" balance $635.00. (Please note the bank verifies each dollar deposited in the ATM and records it on my receipt) Immediately I log into my bank mobile app to see the funds "available." From the same TD bank mobile app I transfer $200 of the $635.00 to my TD Credit Card to make a payment. At the end of that transaction, a confirmation number is given along with my new balance in my checking account, $435.00.

Well the bank ends up hitting me with an overdraft fee of $35 claiming the $200 were not available at the time the bank decided to do the transaction. So I called TD Bank and according to the bank rep he stated that the cash deposits at ATMs after 8pm are actually "pending" and not available. And, that if I went online I would be able to see that. Well that is not what is on my receipt from the ATM and also my checking account moved funds around as if the funds were available immediately after the ATM cash deposit. So why the fees?!

Please know this has happen more than twice already and I was able to prove the bank reps wrong and they refunded the overdraft fee. And for the record, I've have always opted out of allowing any bank to let me charge something without the funds being available. I watch my account thoroughly and try my hardest not to pay these bank fees. I think it's unfair the play of words the banks are knowingly using and because of it are actually stealing from their own customers.

What is "available" is available and not "pending." Nowhere in my TD banking app or during the payment to another account did it showed me any signs of the funds being unavailable but instead transferred "successfully." This needs to be addressed. If there is a law protecting this, it needs to be changed. Taking from people when there was no real reason by the customer to be hit with a fee is a criminal act and no law should protect it.

How many hard-working people who don't read the fine print or don't have the time to look deep into these unjust fees are being robbed daily? And how much of this unjust money is being put into these bankers pockets needs to stop. Another unfair act is that my "courtesy" was used up on behalf of TD Bank's mistakes. If I ever make a mathematical error or irresponsibly swipe my card, then by all means I would like to use my one and only "courtesy" on my own mistake and not the banks. I will sound the alarm!! I will be heard!! Support me and tell your banks to stop stealing from us!!

Original review: March 12, 2018

I am a new online banking customer of TDBank, mortgage holder and a HELOC account. The wait times associated with TD moving to a new technology platform are unacceptable. What's more, the company short on staff who -- once you get connected to one -- know how to handle your problem without transferring you to another agent. Yesterday the wait time was 1 hour and 2 minutes before speaking with a person. This morning I went online to update personal information and was told that it would take 48 hours for the changes to take effect.

In another instance of horrible lag times, I have been working for one week tomorrow to access funds available under a new HELOC opened three weeks ago. Two days to verify an external account that I've attached (I get it about TD wanted to protect me, but TWO DAYS!, come on). I will leave TD this week on principle of awful customer service. TD: If you're transferring to a new tech platform and it's causing nightmares for your customers then hire more damn people. Don't make your customers suffer because you're having technical difficulties. You've absolutely got resources sufficient to solve the customer service problem at hand. It's bad.

Original review: March 11, 2018

I have had a cross border account for 5 months. In that 5 months I’ve had to contact customer service 12 times with the last 5 times being in the last month. The new banking system will not let me log into my online account. Each time I have been put on hold for over 1 1/2 hours only to be told that customer service cannot help me and have been transferred to tech support which has me on hold for another 1 1/2 hours. Last week between being on hold and talking to the customer service and tech support people it was over 4 hours only to be told they cannot help me but they will report the problem. When I asked if they could inform me when the problem was fixed they said they don’t do that. Apparently I need to keep calling in until it is fixed.

Each time I have to go through customer service first then tech support. Today it is now at the 4 hour mark and I have still not been able to talk to a tech support person. I have watched 2 Netflix movies and cooked and eaten my dinner. I can’t go to a bank personally because I’m travelling and there are no branches in the western USA. As soon as I’m in one place for long enough I will be opening an account with a different bank and ditching these people. If this was Canada they would not be in business anymore.

Original review: March 10, 2018

After spending nearly two hours of my precious time on the phone speaking to many customer service representatives and also supervisors I am left feeling defeated and disrespected as a small business owner. They refuse to give assistance for any issues over the phone because I answered my questions wrong?! I did NOT answer them wrong! I created the business, and the bank account and I know everything about it! I am beyond irritated with TD’s customer service. I really have no other option but to go to a local branch and make an appointment to speak to the person who set up the account with me in order to turn my online banking back on. This means that I would have to take time from my work day to go there and address this issue. An issue which they created.

I don’t know what kind of life TD thinks I live, but I work from home as a baker. I cannot, simply cannot leave my house for their convenience. Hours are precious to me and ovens cannot be left unattended. I am irate. I am infuriated. I understand the term “going postal”. TD should be avoided at all costs if you value your time and use it to make the most for your small business. Don’t forget, the business you’re running is the one that puts money into this bank. Money that they make available to other customers, which makes them money...on top of the monthly fees they charge me to borrow it! I’ve worked with other banks and consider Chase to be the best. I just wish they had a location in Philadelphia.

Original review: March 9, 2018

They called it a security check. What happened is they locked me out of my online acct. I was to submit a code sent to my phone. I couldn't get it to work. Locked me out. I called phone number. On hold for 25 to 30 min. I called another phone #. Another 25 to 30 min. still no answer. Went to bank, they told me I'd have to wait 20-30 min. I left, came back later when I had time. Waited again. Had to give her personal information, she would call me when she corrected it. She called and said I was all set. When I use it now, I have to use the security check (code) every time. Their Ameritrade 1099 is always 3 weeks late, I don't know how they get an extension after the Jan. 31 due date for their 1099 form.

TD Ameritrade expert review by Barbara Friedberg

TD Bank is one of the 10 largest U.S. banks. The bank offers retail, small business and commercial banking products and services to more than 8.5 million customers through its approximate 1,300 locations in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida.  TD Bank belongs to TD Bank Group, a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto.

• Accounts and services: TD Bank offers personal banking, small business banking, commercial banking and investing services. The personal banking services and products include checking, saving, credit cards, loans as well as access to investment products.

• Online banking and bill pay: Their electronic services include 24/7 online account access, transfers, person-to-person payments via Popmoney® and bill pay. Customers receive email alerts, online statements and account synch with Quicken®.

• Credit cards: TD Bank offers a variety of credit and debit cards including specialized miles, cash back, prepaid, balance transfer and rewards cards. There are also special offers for new credit card owners.

• Personal loans: TD Banks personal loan products include secured loans, unsecured loans and a personal unsecured line of credit.

• Financial tips and tools: This educational portal includes calculators, articles and tutorials on a wealth of financial topics including banking, budgeting saving, and borrowing.

• Best for: TD Bank is appropriate for consumers who live near the TD Ameritrade Bank branches and those seeking banking with a direct link to a discount brokerage firm, TD Ameritrade.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg