TD Bank and TD Banknorth
1.18/5
Based on 140 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Get expert advice Hire a pro
Answer a few questions to find a great financial advisor. Compare the top 3 fiduciary financial advisors near you.
FIND MY ADVISOR

TD Bank

720 TD Bank and TD Banknorth Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018 On June 24, 2018 I attempted to use an ATM, Terminal **, to withdraw $200. First, I checked my balance at the ATM. It was $3,498.00. On my first attempt at a withdrawal no money was dispensed and I received a receipt which stated, "TRANSACTION IS NOT APPROVED." It also said, "DISPENSED AMOUNT $0.00

REQUESTED AMOUNT $200.00". On my next attempt I was able to withdraw $200.00, but my balance had been reduced to $3,088.10. That means $409.90 was taken from my account. That is equal to two withdrawals of $200.00, two service fees of $3.95 and two charges of $1.00. However, I only made one withdrawal. The other one was declined.

I immediately took this to the bank and they temporarily reversed the charge while they investigated. However, they made the temporary reversal seem like the resolution. They came back six weeks later and said the transaction was legitimate and they would be deducting $203.95 from my account. There was ONE legitimate transaction on my account totaling $203.95. However, they will now be deducting twice. I have had to file with the Federal Reserve Bank and the OCC.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I recently closed my account at TD Bank for 1 reason. They really don't care about their personal account customers. They have something that other banks do not have: "Event overdraft processing". This means that if you miscalculated your debits and find out that you are negative, they do not give you time to deposit the money that day to bring the account positive to avoid an overdraft fee like customer service oriented banks do. Done to maximize the chance of charging fees. Very Bad business.

Get expert buying tips about Online Brokers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I had embarrassing experience with TD Bank. The bank put a hold on my account without my knowledge. Absolutely no communication from bank warning me of security breach which never happened. All banks contact bank customers by email or phone or both if bank suspects breach on customers' account. I went grocery shopping using my debit to pay. Having money in my account I was declined 3 times. This being a busy grocery store. There were store customers lined up behind me

Store cashier had put my groceries aside put on hold until I cleared up my bank problem and paid for $306 grocery bill. My sister was patient and kind to drive me to bank to clear up this unknown problem. The bank told me there was suspected security breach on my account. That was the reason for putting a hold on my account. I had to talk to head office to verify and clear this embarrassing mess up. I did verify and clear my account hold so I could pay for my groceries.

Anyone out there doing a large deal been declined by TD Bank this is borderline criminal act.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I was getting a higher interest on my savings account so I had my wife upgrade her savings account to the higher interest approx 1.2%. The bank agent said my account opened 9 months ago was paying less interest than my wife's so he was to change from .4% to 1.2%. It never happened so I lost $1200 of extra interest. Neither thde manager or corporate seems ready to make up my loss. Once this happened with e*trade and they made up the difference. TD seems not to honor their error.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Worst banking experience ever, customer service took 20 minutes to answer my call, and when they did the lady was annoyed I was calling and was rude with a bad attitude. This was my first call to customer service. I opened a new business account and I pay extra to have square instantly deposit my sales, while TD bank played with my deposits for days and charged me $70 overdraft fees for a total$280 in one month I had my account open. Also while on the phone call customer service which shouldn’t be called that wanted every transaction for the week to be verified to the penny. When I missed a some she said this conversation is over and hung up. I had to walk in and speak to a rep and ask for help.

I explained I’m a new business. I can’t afford to pay all these fees and have my checks held for so long. The rep responded with he couldn’t do anything because I didn’t open my account at that bank. I now deposited $900 and God knows how long to clear while they charge me overdraft fees. I cannot run my business like this. The rep where I opened my account was very professional, the most professional personnel at TD Bank. She was very accommodating and refunded $15 which isn’t helping me much. It seemed to me like my problems where out of her hands and now I have no one from TD Bank to help me with this serious issue that’s causing me not to pay my business loans and very expensive insurances for my business. While having all these bad experiences I decided to google TD Bank reviews and most reviews where at � one star. This has been a nightmare for me starting up and running my business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TD Ameritrade?

Original review: July 30, 2018

TD Bank reverted to my old address after sending statements to the correct address for more than 2 years. They neglected to remove my deceased husband's name from the account even after more than two years and three death certificates. They insured my property claiming not to have received the declaration page from my insurance agent. I needed to chase them down to replace an overage check from escrow which I returned to them voided (still had my husband's name on it) and they had not redeposited it into my escrow account.

After 4 stressful weeks of climbing up the ranks of customer support and documenting quite clearly how and why they are responsible their conclusion is they are not at fault for anything! They refused to waive the late fees that the account accrued due to payments being received short because of their unnecessary insurance. In my opinion they are incompetent and have placed fees on my account fraudulently. I am so happy they hold none of my assets!!!

Original review: July 30, 2018

I had the unfortunate experience of getting a mortgage through TD Bank several years ago. Nothing like hearing "America's Most Convenient Bank" over and over while being on hold for 45 minutes whenever I need to talk with someone. And that's not just one experience. I have called TD Bank over a dozen times over the past five years and there has NEVER been one time where my hold time was less than 15 minutes before talking with a REAL PERSON! Their customer service in person at banks is fine, but when you have to do certain things over the phone it's a mind-numbingly soul-crushing experience.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I was unable to log into my account due to some new verification procedure they have implemented. I followed their instructions accurately but that didn't work so after wasting 10 minutes I called customer service and wasted more time with her whose assistance was of no use. She told me that I probably did not enter the security code correctly, she offered to transfer me to their tech support. I am on hold now for 26 minutes hearing their music and no help seems to be in sight. Is this what they call 'convenience'? I have been with this bank (that has undergone at least 3 name changes) for 36 years. It is time to leave them.

Original review: July 27, 2018

TD Bank entices new customers to fund their new checking account with credit card. They even put it this way: "Recommended amount $500". Don't do it! Any credit card will charge you high fees ($15 in my case). TD Bank refused to compensate me for the fees and anything in wording of their advertisement. It's a trap!

Original review: July 26, 2018 On 7/24/2018 at 6:00 pm, I noticed an unfamiliar charge on my bank account labeled authorized charge. I contacted TD Bank's customer service department for an explanation of the charge. Reaching the call center in South Carolina, speaking to Ashely, who was so unhelpful and misleading in the information she was giving me that I requested to speak to a manager. I did not feel she understood the reason for my call nor did I feel she was reading the system correctly.

At this point she asked me “what part did I not understand.’’ Needless to say I became upset and irritated at the way my call was being handled again requesting to speak to a manager. I was left on hold for over 20 minutes before I hung up.

I called back and spoke to Devon, in the same call center who was just as rude and unhelpful as the last person I spoke to if not worst. I could hear a female in the background laughing and making comments about me before he could place the call on mute. I again requested to speak to a manager at which point he just released my call. I called a 3rd time speaking to Erica, in the same call center. She was even more rude, condescending, unprofessional and antagonizing. She was mocking me and speaking to me in a fetishes manner. I requested she give me the corporate office information to write them a letter. She refused indicating I had to speak to a manager and they would be the ones to give me that information.

I was left on hold until I hung up after 35 minutes on hold. A manager never called me back regarding all the calls I made in just one hour. I will be canceling my account tomorrow once my direct deposit hits my account and telling all my friends and family about the horrible experience I had with your bank. I will be making my complaint public in Facebook to let all my followers know of my horrible experience. I will be placing a complaint on every website possible to make people aware of the horrible and unprofessional manner in which they handle customer call.

In addition I will make sure that ALL my relatives and friends that have TD bank cancel their account taking their business to another bank. Word of mouth will make or break a business I will make sure of this. This bank is the worst with all the hidden fees and now mislabeling charges enough is enough. I will make my complaint public to make sure this does not happen to anyone I know.

And now they locked my account and added multiple overdraft fees to be petty and spiteful. Not business like at all. So unprofessional and uncalled for. Definitely not an organization I want to deal with if this is the actions they will take with an unhappy customer. No customer service at all. I have been with them for over 11 years and it's always been the same lack of customer service.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Let's begin with the day I opened my account in a branch in Miami, Fl. I choose this bank due to its great hours; being open 7 days a week and was also thinking of taking out a line of credit with them (which I never did). I used the account for my job's direct deposit and dipped 10 into my savings from each check to have some ER funds in case I ran out of money. When I first opened the account I asked about their overdraft policy and they explained a little program they have called TD Advance which works like this. It covers any transactions you make when you don't have funds and on top of that charges a $35 fee PER Transaction!

In all my years of banking with so many different banks in the county this is the only bank that a fee schedule like this and it borders on predatory. Most banks charge per day when you overdraft your account but charging per transaction seems very over the top and this practice was not explained to me by the women who helped me open my account. I asked her, "Will I be charged per day or per each transaction that comes in if there not enough funds." She said, "Well it's per day that we assess a 35$ for each day it's overdrafted."

Now I had roughly $230 in the account when this whole mess happened. I check my account on day and I see roughly about $140 worth of fees assessed to my account due to 7 charges that came in while the account was in the red. It happened on a Thursday while the bank processing my upcoming direct deposit. It was a charge from Amazon that was made in error which set this whole thing off which eventually got returned back into my account.

I approached a branch manager at the branch I opened my account and I voiced my concern about initially being misinformed about the fee schedule but the manager basically called me a liar and told me there was nothing she could do because the timing of the transaction was unfortunate. So I called their CS line and even went to another branch and go the same line "we can't help you due to the circumstances of how the transaction came into the account." I had to each the charges since there was not really anything I could short of me causing a scene and embarrassing myself. So I let it pass but their fees for anything from a $9 fee when you breach your transfer threshold between accounts (which is 6) to a $ 1 dollar paper statement fee and not having the ability to go paperless on either the mobile app or through the phone is pretty suspect.

I don't mind any account maintenance fee, which was $10 for me a month is manageable but their fee schedule is ludicrous and was not worth keeping the account especially since I lost my job and it took me almost 2 months to close the account because $0.00 hold from a merchant. I would advise against opening a account here unless you are very wealthy or put up with the all the red tape and sass from their employees.

Original review: July 9, 2018

TD Bank has blocked my card from making purchases 3 times this week alone. When they do this they don’t even bother to tell me. So I am unaware until I try to use my card. I have been forced to call repeatedly and the joke ASAP number is at LEAST a 30 minute wait. Saturday WHEN I was trying to make an eBay purchase they blocked my card yet again. When I called the representative LIED AND TOLD ME THIS WAS VISA BLOCKING MY PURCHASE BECAUSE THEY WERE PERFORMING MAINTENANCE and that she had no idea when they would be done.

After staying up all night waiting for Visa to unblock my card I decided to call TD Bank again and was told that the Visa information was not true and they didn’t know why I was told that they unblock my card and allowed me to purchase my item then blocked it again without telling me!!! This morning my cell phone company couldn’t take my payment from the card and turned off my phone without my knowledge. We had a family emergency and my family could not reach me!!! TD BANK IS BY FAR THE WORST BANK I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH and I am in the process of switching my 3 direct deposits to KeyBank.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Please give me back 5 hours of my life calling innumerable departments who don't know or aren't sure who handles what, constantly told 'we don't handle that here' and then when requesting a number to call of a department who can help me, getting the same answer when I call that department. What was my request? Never received UCC titles to equipment paid off under their SBA loan. Loan ran from 2008 and was paid off in June of 2013. How hard can it be for a bank to look up a past SBA loan and get me the information. America's most convenient bank? WHAT A JOKE!!!

Original review: July 3, 2018

If you have a choice, have a mortgage with TD Bank or die in a plane crash, go down in that plane. They are a disaster and plain awful. When calling to resolve an issue, in my experience twice TD’s error, your initial hold is at least 30 minutes. I got so frustrated, I walked to a local branch while still waiting to their annoying loop hold music, and sat with the branch manager at Lexington Ave and East 23rd street in NYC. His name is Oscar ** and he is the only saving grace. TD does not deserve him, and if any other banks are reading this you’d be a complete idiot not to try and hire this man away. Naively I thought Oscar would have some secret speed dial, however he gets the same phone number to call. So there we sat, together listening to that annoying “da da da... da da da da...” hold music. I left to go to a Starbucks to get us coffees and when I got back he was still on hold.

Issue #1. My insurance company has been sending TD Bank proof of insurance the same way since 2007 and for some reason now didn’t get it. TD took out “hazard” insurance and stated if they didn’t have proof of coverage I’d be liable. My insurance has documented proof of sending to TD’s 32 Chestnut Street address. Issue #2 having lost patience with phone support regarding auto payment issues, I sat with Oscar and manually fill out the forms with him. He submitted them correctly. I then got more late payment notices. The recipient of Oscar’s submission accidentally entered my ABA routing number as my checking account number, and account as the ABA. They were correct in the form. I then had to ask them not to assess a late payment charge. At first the mortgage associate on the phone said the payments were late, until Oscar saved the day reminding the mortgage associate of their department error.

Issue #3. When TD acquired my mortgage from my bank, the account was not recreated the same way and the only way for me to learn this was by my asking questions. My original loan holder had my account set up to automatically adjust monthly payments to account for any changes due to tax reassessment, TD did not which meant for months my monthly payment was short something like $11, and it took me months to get that rectified which took my local branch manager's patience and support to fix. When taking out a mortgage, avoid TD, or ask that there be a stipulation that your loan may never be sold to TD Bank.

Original review: June 26, 2018

We have over $400,000 Canadian in a TD account. We are not in Canada, and thus we cannot access the money: We cannot transfer to a U.S. account and consequently we are cut off from our funds. We can get cash from an ATM, but there is no way to transfer the TD funds into a U.S. account from which we pay certain bills. Transfer of funds internationally is a basic banking function, and TD doesn't have the skills, knowledge, or infrastructure to make this happen.

Original review: June 20, 2018

After calling 3 times, each time waiting on hold at least 30 minutes, and then having to go to the branch office twice after opening the account (all of this since June 12, and today is only June 20), wire transfers are now working, ACH still not working, and best of all, they finally agreed to release my money to me 8 days after I opened the account. They told this was all for my protection. I don't agree. This was all so they could hold the money and get the interest from it. Even when you go to the bank they have to wait on the same customer service line as the customer so you sit there 30 minutes until they can get help. This is not banking in the 21st century. This is sad. I'm going to be pulling my money out of this bank before any more problems occur.

Original review: June 19, 2018

TD Bank has unacceptable hold times to exceed 30 minutes no matter when you call. So be prepared to call when you are not at work and put aside a large chunk of your time to WAIT. They don't allow you to add accounts to online banking, you have to call and WAIT for them to do something they could allow you to do yourself.

Original review: June 10, 2018

No reason was given and 60 days reply by automated system was vaguely promised. The result will be CUB CADET will never get a sale from me again and will be told exactly why. Neither seem to care much, and now neither do I.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I sent an international wire for a large amount and it never arrived at the bank it was sent to. TD Bank says they've tried to reach them and got no reply. TD tells me it's my responsibility to contact the bank in India to get my money back. How is that??? It's supposed to be the bank's job to handle and or transfer my money in a secure fashion. I was told by two different bank officers that after 30 days my money would be refunded to my account regardless, but as the 30 day mark approached they changed the story telling me they would not be responsible for the money they lost.

Original review: May 27, 2018

We would like to share with fellow senior citizens a very upsetting, depressing and disgusting experience in dealing with the staff of the TD branch at 5991 No. 3 Rd in Richmond, BC. My wife and I each had a GIC with a maturity date of April 21, 2018. We went into that branch on April 18, 2018 to see a representative to inform him we didn’t want to renew them on maturity. Since he is not too familiar with GICs, he asked another representative to coach him on the side. Once again we told her (the first guy introduced her to us as a GIC specialist) we didn’t want these GICs to be automatically renewed.

Next thing we knew, she started showing the first guy how to cash it for us and telling us the proceeds would be credited to our chequing account. Right at that moment, I asked her if there is a penalty for cashing it early. The answer was NO so we said, "Why not." As a matter of fact, we expected to receive the full amount (principal plus accrued interest) minus three days’ interest for cashing it early.

Later that day when I checked our account on our home computer and found the interest we earned was $39.86 x 2 = $79.72 instead of $260.27 x 2 = $520.54 as indicated on the Confirmation of Investment we received from TD when the GICs were purchased online. So “NO PENALTY” means a devastating whopping $440.82 ($520.54 minus $79.72). A huge amount for seniors who are on pension. She must think we are too old to do simple arithmetic. We made an appointment to see the first guy to voice our concern a few days later. His answer was “Sorry we can’t do anything” after talking to the SPECIALIST. She didn’t even have the courage to come out to face us. So we asked to speak to someone higher up. A lady came out to see us. Instead of rectifying the mistake made by her staff, she kept challenging us, then saying we must have signed a form that authorized this transaction.

What bother us most is why didn’t the so called SPECIALIST point out to us or warn us cashing it 3 days before maturity would cost us a big chunk of the accrued interest. It was NOT our intention to cash them early anyway. When we asked to see the form, she said they already filed it away and it would take several days to retrieve it. She jotted down our phone number and said “We will call you”. Nobody called after more than two weeks. Why couldn’t she just say "Too bad. So sad." right there to save us from more misery. Ever since, we are scared to go into that branch, fearing there may be other pitfalls we could step into. We have been loyal customers with TD for over 30 years since we lived in Toronto. People always reminded us senors be more vigilant, be careful not to be taken advantage of. Shame on us for trusting one of the big 5 banks in Canada for so long. Thank you TD for teaching us a great but costly lesson.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I have had checking, savings, home equity accounts at various times with this institution. Also have used many free customer services. Never a problem.

Original review: May 24, 2018

On MARCH 29th of this year TD Bank had a promotion on the internet. Open a checking account $25, and maintain $25 a month no maintenance fee. I SIGNED UP. In April everything went fine. They didn't charge me a maintenance fee. Today is May 28th I noticed there's a $5.99 maintenance fee. I called the customer service department. They apologize. They waive the $5.99 fee but they said they can't guarantee me that I won't have to pay it next month. I asked him what happened to the promo. The representative said he couldn't find the promo that I signed up with. I challenged him that was false advertisement on the part of TD Bank. I hope this goes public can I hope that nobody else. Get screwed over by them. I will be reporting this to the federal authorities. And close my account with them.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Have been with TD for 4 years, now I have to leave. The reason is that overdraft was not waived and business specialist supervisor was rude. I called around 12:10 pm eastern time on May 16th, 2018. Now I hate you guys. Don't wanna do business at all. Plus, I can put more than 5 bad experienced reviews on other websites, starting from Trustpilot also.

Original review: May 16, 2018

My TD Visa Infinite card was declined thrice today. It caused me immense humiliation as I was doing the transaction in a car workshop. I had rung up the call centre to find reason for declining the transaction. The reason provided was I used wrong PIN thrice. But the same PIN was used two days back and accepted for $496. Neither there was a message that I had used wrong PIN, it showed transaction declined. Nor I received a call, that three wrong attempts have made to use the card!! When I rung up the call centre and asked to speak to the supervisor, the agent disconnected the call. I rung up the call centre again, to be connected to supervisor. The agent who took the call, got all the background and said will warm transfer the call. I waited 37 minutes with nobody responding. Alas, that is TD Visa Infinite customer service!!!

Original review: May 11, 2018

I have always been treated so well and when I call I am never put on hold. They are friendly and always suggest ways to save money. They also suggested a better money market account.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I have been banking with TD Bank for approximately two years and I can confidentially say I have been through every imaginable problem with them. For one, customer service sucks and they make no effort to improve it whatsoever. Secondly they are constantly having problems with their online banking that it's hard to get things done when I need to. This should not be happening especially with such a "convenient bank." I had a WAY better experience while at Chase and Citi and I regret closing my accounts with them for this trash.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Today I went to the ATM machine to withdraw money and found out my balance was in the negative. I was surprised even though I know I paid bills over the weekend and went shopping. I was surprised because I had two separate deposits over 3000 dollars that should have more than covered my expenses. I transferred over 50 dollars to get out of the negative and later checked the online banking. There was no record of my paycheck deposit last Thursday. I immediately called TD Bank 1888 number.

After about a 30 minute phone call, mostly waiting on hold for answers, I was told to find my receipt and bring it to the bank because there is no record of your deposit!!! Now I have to prove that I put money in the bank! What is even more upsetting is that this isn't the first time this happened at the same branch. How does your paycheck get lost at the bank!!? The bank is now closed and so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what they tell me next. The good thing is each time this has happened I was able to find my deposit receipts. I'm afraid if you lose this piece of evidence. The bank will take your money and say oh well!

Original review: April 27, 2018

I have been trying to get them to stop charging me 1.00 paper fees for 2 bleeping months! I have been in the office twice, I have been on the computer, I have been on the phone. And the 15.00 maintenance fee!!! I have been in there twice to deposit money and been assured I would not be charged the maintenance fee again and still it happens. Then it drops below the minimum amount and they charge me again. I am closing my checking account and bringing my savings account to the minimum needed to keep a safe deposit box until I find another bank with a safe deposit box! 60.00 for nothing!

Original review: April 25, 2018

I opened a checking account with TD Bank to ensure separation of my daughter's college savings money, from our family's daily living monies in our Bank of America checking account. But in just a few months with TD Bank, I have experienced: TD Bank NOT granting consumers live, personalized, pro-consumer services, as falsely advertised on TV. TD Bank unscrupulously getting consumers to keep up monthly, automatic deposits, despite consumers stating to TD Bank that they have changed their minds about wanting such transfers to continue. And TD Bank unscrupulously selling monthly fees checking accounts to consumers who open TD accounts online!

When I call/e-mail TD Bank, I get slow, ineffective service. I wait two of more business days for ineffective, written replies And telephone reps merely state I MUST arrange to cancel/stop my monthly, transferred deposits from BOA! I was told only I can somehow figure out how to stop my plans for certain amounts to transfer monthly from my BOA account into my TD account. NO TD Bank representative may make these changes! Yeah, right.

And when I called regarding never receiving some TD checks that I ordered in December 2017, I just got stupid e-mails about, yes, their files show my checks order was made, and yes, their system also shows those checks go mailed to me! And when I visited my nearest TD branch in Nutley NJ (Franklin Avenue) yesterday, I waited about ONE HOUR to finally "resolve" my never-received checks issue. A friendly, smart, pretty greeter welcomed me, learned of my checks not being received, and turned me over to another worker who also heard my no-checks-received complaint. The two of them decided I should get refunded for the never-received checks, only for their TD phone contact to tell them no, I can't get refunded since I took too long to bring the issue to TD's attention! I guess my online and phone calling complaints never registered!

So, the male worker closed my old account, since the female greeter realized I should not possibly get defrauded by whoever might have gotten my checks. I got no refund for that old checks order, and the male worker said I could go ahead with some other online checks order that I made this month (after realizing I REALLY will need checks on May 19th, when I will register my daughter into her college of choice). But I told the male worker, "Forget about it," since I was angered by NOT getting a refund for the old order, and for expecting to nonetheless just pay more money for the April checks order!

But as I drove away, I had to sarcastically smile. Yes, I was screwed with my never-received-checks. But that male worker got me out of the TD online practice of me having to pay $5-something-per-month for my old checking account. The worker told me, as he worked for an hour on my issue(s) that as he was transferring my funds from that old account to a new account, he saw that I had a high enough balance to actually open a no-monthly maintenance fees account! That no-monthly-fees account was NOT emphasized as I opened my TD account online! So I had ended up opening that $5-something-a-month-maintenance-fees checking account! So, I got screwed with my personal checks order, but at least I won't need to incessantly pay that $5-something per month... God, UNLESS I again, won't be able to cancel my automatic monthly $6 transfer from BOA to TD! Please, wish me luck!!!

Original review: April 22, 2018

Living between London and New York and having run my company with over 300 staff for 35 years, mainly in London, I decided to slow down and moved to NYC for longer periods. I was advised (sadly) to use "TD BANK... A modern bank with a modern approach I was told". I opened my accounts with TD Bank, and to NO fault of my own, my accounts were hacked and used in China. TD (allegedly) FROZE my accounts so that I could not withdraw a penny, they also seem to have "allegedly" told my credit card companies.

Thank goodness for American Express who kept me going whilst I eventually managed to withdraw all my money (six figures cash) and open up an account with another bank. I won't put the name of the bank out of pure litigation. The icing on the cake was an employee in TD Bank NYC Manhattan, who had been merely working to save up some money, and told me the inside story of the bank and how they offered this that and the other to start off with, late opening hours and all the smiley faces. Now they close early and the staff obviously have the enthusiasm of a slug, and I don't blame them. After 40 odd years I'd say run for your lives. Pity really, we just opened a company all the way down the East Coast with my son, employing some 1500 people. Disgraceful and immoral. N.B. The person I chatted to in the so called bank has now moved on, and opened up his own company. Good luck to him.

Not sure about TD Bank and TD Banknorth?
Take our two minute quiz to find the right Online Brokers for you.

TD Ameritrade expert review by Barbara Friedberg

TD Bank is one of the 10 largest U.S. banks. The bank offers retail, small business and commercial banking products and services to more than 8.5 million customers through its approximate 1,300 locations in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida.  TD Bank belongs to TD Bank Group, a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto.

• Accounts and services: TD Bank offers personal banking, small business banking, commercial banking and investing services. The personal banking services and products include checking, saving, credit cards, loans as well as access to investment products.

• Online banking and bill pay: Their electronic services include 24/7 online account access, transfers, person-to-person payments via Popmoney® and bill pay. Customers receive email alerts, online statements and account synch with Quicken®.

• Credit cards: TD Bank offers a variety of credit and debit cards including specialized miles, cash back, prepaid, balance transfer and rewards cards. There are also special offers for new credit card owners.

• Personal loans: TD Banks personal loan products include secured loans, unsecured loans and a personal unsecured line of credit.

• Financial tips and tools: This educational portal includes calculators, articles and tutorials on a wealth of financial topics including banking, budgeting saving, and borrowing.

• Best for: TD Bank is appropriate for consumers who live near the TD Ameritrade Bank branches and those seeking banking with a direct link to a discount brokerage firm, TD Ameritrade.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg

NE
68154-2631
www.tdameritrade.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business