TD Bank

Compare Online Brokers

Research top Online Brokers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I recently tried to refinance my home and was surprised to find out that I had six 30 day late payments on my credit report, all from TD Bank. Outside of those credit items, my report is flawless. It turns out that even though you may have a loan or line of credit that requires 12 payments with an average minimum of $200 that you MUST make those payments within a certain window.

Confused? Let me Explain: If your payment due date is June 25th and you owe $200. You send them $250 on June 20th and everything is cool, right? Right. What if you then decided to send them July 25th's payment on June 30th? What if that payment was for $3000.00? If you guessed "Your July 25th payment would be late on August 25th, it would be reported to the credit bureaus AND you would be assessed a late fee of $11.25", then you would be correct. Now here's the bonus plan: That payment that you are sending in on August 20th to satisfy August 25th's due date. You better make certain its at least $400.00, cause $200 of it needs to be applied to July 25th to satisfy that one (you remember... The one that you didn't send them $3000 for).

Over a four year period, I sent payments totaling the following: 2016 = 14 payments/400% in excess of the minimum payments. 2015 = 13 payments/450% in excess of the minimum payments. 2014 = 19 payments/200% in excess of the minimum payments. 2013 = 21 payments/300% in excess of the minimum payments. So I (tried) calling the most convenient bank to express/research/fix this issue and was either stuck on hold for 20 minutes or longer (I have a job too). Reporting my story to a level 1 customer service rep... AGAIN.

If I was lucky, transferred to a member of "senior management" who proceeded to tell me that the spreadsheet and explanation that I had so carefully composed was now in the capable hands of a room full of people who apparently have no phone and are not allowed to talk to anyone outside of that room. Needless to say, none of these methods got me anywhere. Phone calls, emails - ignored. Fast Forward 4 weeks. I am finally given my day in court - the Chairman's Services Number.

Finally, a live person on the phone, an email address, someone I can talk to and explain that I am sorry I sent all your money back to you too quickly. "Mr. **, we will look into this and get back to you." Great, I just want to get this done, get these applied appropriately and it will be best for all of us - after all, its not like I'm not sending the bank their money. I'm sending more than they're asking for... just at the wrong times.

24 hours later: "Mr. **, there is nothing we can do for you." So the end result of this story is that I am unable to refinance my home. With the delay, the rates have now crept back up. Ironically, TD needs to keep the line of credit open that they did not want to maintain because it is a legacy product (how's that for cutting off your nose to spite your face). Worst of all, one would look at my credit report and say "Hey, that guy is a problem." But I would ask this: If you have someone with excellent credit that is only marked up by one creditor, is the consumer the problem? Or could it be the creditor? I think we all know that they have had their fair share of problems.

I am with TD Bank for so many years. I have been ignoring their small errors for so long but recently they started stealing money from my account. They imposed balance protection plan to my credit card and when I asked them they said either me or my wife consented for it. I asked. Okay fine if that is the case. Then please let me hear the recording where we consented for the service and we are okay with the charges been made for that. It is been over 4 months but they never clarified the issue instead of calling them endless number of time. We are pretty sure we haven't consented for any of those services but they stole a big chunk of money from our account and not at all ready to resolve the problem. I am really not happy at all with their services. I would rather suggest all TD customers to check your online banking every day as you really cannot trust them to handle your account with honesty.

I have an account with TD Bank and unlike other posters here, I've never been abused by them. The only things wrong were that they forced me to have personal checks with my savings account which I took home and destroyed. I use money order checks from them so my account is balanced for me and I run no risk of identity theft. I've taken loans from them in times past and never had any problems. I've been beside myself because they insist on making me have a bank statement just like a lot of other banks. I HATE bank statements. I'm a concerned about what might happen if I "go green" and start getting them online because as always, there are security risks.

By far the worst bank and customer service on the face of this green earth. DO NOT use their credit cards. DO NOT use the bank service. The customer support teams are under trained and do not know anything. They cannot answer questions correctly. They give out inaccurate information causing you to call back multiple times for more incorrect answers. They are rude and not compassionate towards their customers. Similar to another reviewers experience I was left completely stranded while on vacation.

I called before leaving on vacation to inform the bank and TD credit card I would be using my cards across the country through multiple states for two weeks. Obviously I was trying to avoid an incident where I would not have funds. Where I was traveling does not have TD Banks. 4 days into my road trip my husband calls me and tells me he got a replacement card for me in the mail with a letter saying the card would deactivate in 7 Days... WHILE I'M STILL TRAVELING. After calling the bank not only did they act like they had no idea I was traveling they also just kept repeating that the card would be useless in 7 days. NO attempt to remedy the situation, no attempt to assist me.

They could care less I was in the middle of the desert about to have no money and would not even be able to return home. An HOUR!!! That's right. An HOUR into arguing with rude unhelpful people at their call center I finally got a supervisor who gave me the visa number for an emergency replacement. Still acting as though this issue is my fault. She snidely said that the number is on the back of my credit card (IT'S NOT - I CHECKED). Knowing I'd be at my parents house in two days I decided to wait until I got to their house to order the replacement so I could receive it. Two days later I went through an ATM to pull cash out.... The ATM told me my card was reported lost. When I called the bank to talk to a very, very rude and sarcastic boy who treated me like again this was my problem, told me a replacement card was sent to my house and I failed to activate it. Remember this is a separate card from my credit card.

I told him I did not order a card and I notified the bank that I would be traveling so why would they send a new card. IT'S LIKE THEY WANT TO RUIN YOUR DAY. So I have not access to cash currently... I've reordered a credit card and debit card. Mind you this is NOT a fluke. I informed them before I ever left I'd be traveling to avoid this. Now in order to get my debit card the visa company must request through the bank, so I am relying on the bank doing what's right and having documented correctly to approve the new card so I can get it. Though I am not holding my breath and currently trying to reissue a Capital One card to myself. I wish this was the only time I had issues.

Every interaction over the last two years with this bank have not been pleasant. They have even canceled my card due to fraud because I used the card at an ATM I used every week for a year. Why all of a sudden is it suspicious activity when I religiously used the same ATM? OH, BTW to get the card reactivate took 6 PHONE CALLS!!! Each rep telling me the card would work to find out it didn't. 6 TIMES I was embarrassed at the register. It Took 3 tries to activate my credit card. THERE IS NO WAY THIS IS AMERICA'S MOST Convenient BANK. There is not one anywhere near me. IF ANYONE IS WILLING TO JOIN IN A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST THEM FOR FALSE Advertisement I AM WILLING TO BE PART! I am currently waiting stranded trying to figure out how to get out of this mess and get home.

I received a coupon from TD bank saying if I open a checking account I'll get a $100 bonus. So I opened one because it is near my home and opens every day. I was told since I'm still a full-time student, they will open a student checking for me because there are more benefits - no monthly fee, no minimum fee etc. Also the staff told me I'll receive the $100 opening bonus in these days. For some unknown reason I was required to deposit $25 to my account, when it was clearly stated that there's NO INITIAL DEPOSIT needed for student checking. I had to leave the bank to get cash but that was okay. Soon after I opened this account a lot of stupid ** happened. They never inform you of anything.

I was never aware that my account was brought to negative balance. I was never aware that some ** transaction happened to my account, and within 1 day, three transaction of less than $5 caused me $75 overdraft protection fee. I was never aware that because my account balance has been brought to negative, a ** negative balance fee of $25 was added. So one afternoon I logged in to my account just to see a negative balance of $100+. I called them and got waived for $75.

Today I found out that because I turned 24, they changed my student checking to regular checking with a monthly maintenance fee, again, without notifying me at any point, by any means. Although I am near 24 but I'm still in college with one and a half more years before I graduate, and the banker who helped me open my account was clearly aware of that. There are a lot of people who are over 24 and still dealing with college. Also I just found out because the account I opened was a student checking account, I will not receive any bonus. The banker told me I could. This is my first review here and I signed up just to post this complain about TD Bank, the most inconvenient bank in America.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TD Ameritrade?

I was first charged an overdraft fee of $35.00 a few months ago, so I called TD Bank. I thought it was extremely suspicious the way they "held' certain transactions for days and also held my deposits until they could slap me with an overdraft fee. The cs rep told me that debits are processed in order of which they are received, but this is absolutely not true. After now getting slapped with at least 6 overdraft fees, I am convinced they know exactly what they are doing and manipulate transactions so that you will be hit with as many fees as possible. The last straw was today. I am immediately withdrawing my money from this bank and I would advise everyone not to bank with them anymore. I am completely disgusted.

About 2 months ago my significant other and I went to the grocery store to do our shopping. As we always do, we stopped by the ATM to verify our balance (we live paycheck to paycheck so we keep a very close eye on our account balance). Our account showed we had almost $500 available. Knowing we were going to be receiving a bonus from my significant other's employer and overtime, we thought nothing of the extra $200 because it added up to the OT (post tax) and the bonus (post tax).

We did our grocery shopping and checked the ATM again just to be sure, with $300 left in our account and our purchase NOT showing as pending, we decided to pay some bills from a recent miscarriage I suffered (another story but I actually worked for and was FIRED front TD Bank due to my lost pregnancy - long story short, despite doctors notes I was a company liability due to complications from that loss because I required "special accommodations" and a LOA). 2 days later we discovered we were overdrawn by $150.

After contacting TD's "wonderful" customer service department, we were advised that this was our fault - even though they had posted an additional $200. As explained to us, their system didn't update to reflect the true amount available but we would still be responsible for paying the OD fees of $150. Fine. Whatever. We begged and borrowed from relatives and brought our account up to $5.40. Fast forward a week. Boom, it happens AGAIN. Contacted customer service and was told it was our fault even though their systems didn't appropriately reflect the available balance. 4 weeks of no paychecks later due to paying continuous OD fees because they messed up and we visited our branch in person.

We were belittled, we were spoken to rudely, the woman there "helping" us claimed she felt our pain and that she also lived paycheck to paycheck (she was wearing designer labels, hair dyed and done, nails done, fake tan, Acrylic French tip manicure and had a Coach purse next to her desk -- yeah right). After telling us we had no choice but to pay for their mess ups, and calling us liars, we were given a statement that didn't match our personal records our ATM receipts.

TD Bank is a joke all the way around. I've worked in customer service for 15 years and if I ever done to a customer our client the way TD's reps spoke to us, or any other customers while I worked for them for that matter, I'd have been fired on the spot -- and heaven help my employees if I ever heard them treat or speak to a customer in the manner that TD's reps speak to their clientele. Save yourself the headache and go with a credit union or a local bank that will treat you like the person who pays their salaries -- because we are!

TD Bank violating their own credit card billing statement policy. Every month I have called and spoke with a customer representative they have admitted there is something wrong and have credited back the improper interest calculation.

I'm writing this review not only to express my total disappointment and anger with the so called customer service of TD Bank but also hoping this message creates some sort of positive change within the TD Bank construct. I was taking a business trip from New York to N. Carolina and when I got to LaGuardia Airport to check in my baggage, I realized that the credit card I brought with me, was the wrong card. I could not go home to retrieve the card at this time because my flight was leaving soon, so I was forced to use my debit card. I immediately called TD Bank customer service and explained my dilemma and emphasized that I had no other card to use while in N. Carolina. Not only was I bounced around from customer rep to customer rep, everyone I had spoken seem to literally have no care or concern about this emergency situation.

Then I was eventually promised that I would receive a call back to let me know about my request to have an emergency card sent to the hotel I was staying, but no call, no email... no nothing! They did not care that I was practically stranded in N. Carolina with no money or credit card. I am long standing customer with this bank but I was made feel almost like I was a vagabond on the street. In short... TD Bank might as well had said "** you!" I promise you this, I will cancel my credit card with TD Bank as soon as I get home.

Whatever happened to 0 fraud liability? If you ever have a problem with your account and have to consult TD Bank, God forbid, it takes days to get someone on the phone, weeks to get it resolved and months before you'll ever get a refund for something that is an outright error from someone else. You'd be better off banking anywhere else, and it's hard to be America's most convenient bank when it takes you 25+ minutes to get a representative on the phone, and in-branch officers and Reps who HAVE NO IDEA how to handle anything.

I received a credit card from TD Bank that I NEVER requested. Immediately I called them. After speaking with several departments, supervisors, I was finally told someone applied online for a card in my name, my ss number, my address. I called police, police filled out identity theft report, called the three credit reporting agencies and put a fraud alert on my accounts.

Days later I received credit reports and fraud alert action forms from agencies, formal police recording and several correspondence from my actual credit cards that I used stating all was well. The only weird thing on my credit report was TD requesting information about me. Two days later yet another credit card from TD Bank, this time for a larger credit limit!!! Next day another credit card from TD Bank but for lower spending limit. That's a total of 3 credit card from TD Bank, sent to my actual address, 3 different spending limits, NONE were ever requested, in person, on phone, or online by me. I firmly believe TD Bank sent them out on their own to me. No one hacked my computer, even police thought same. Not nice way for bank to treat senior citizens.

In an emergency I went to Home Depot at night to buy a replacement sewerage ejector pump as I had come home from work to find ours had broke and we had sewerage backed up unto our basement floors and the horrible smell as with the pump broken it couldn't be released out. My charge was denied at register. I called td bank and was told that the funds weren't available because they had put a hold on a check I had deposited earlier in the day. I pleaded with them - even cried out of embarrassment and horror that I needed to make this purchase and why couldn't release the hold as the check I had deposited was from another member of their bank (it was a td bank check!!).

They told me the only thing they could do was refund me the overage fees I was charged which were only a result of them from this transaction they wouldn't allow. After two phone calls they told me that the check would be released in morning and I could go back following morning and make purchase. So we went back just now and loaded up what we needed and again at register I got denied. I called td bank again - explained circumstances we were in and told them how a supervisor assured me night before that the hold would be released.

Well they lied because now apparently because I made deposit at ATM it takes an additional day to release hold so she said I can't have access to my money until Monday!!! I would like to see one of the td bank owners or employees have sewerage on their floors and see if they would be willing or want to wait four days to access their money. TD Bank is a disgusting establishment and they can ** off.

I am so angry right now. I'm seriously having a hard time processing what my son just told me. Anyone of you who knows me knows that I did my best to raise both my sons to be upstanding hard working responsible law abiding young men. And they both are!! And I'm very proud of them. I taught them both good work ethics. I set examples of what it means to work for something you want. I taught them how important it is to Save your money. I showed them how to maintain and keep a good credit score. Hell they paid such good attention they are both doing better than me. Praise God!

So now with all of that said I am going to put TD Bank in Great Neck LI on blast for profiling???? My son went into the said bank to withdraw money out of one of his three accounts and they wouldn't let him. He said the teller questioned him several times about the amount of money (cash) he wanted to withdraw. She had him sign the signature card twice and still questioned him ignoring the fact that he had his NYS Id along with his passport. She then called the officer of the bank over and now they both started questioning him. He not only was able to tell them his available balance on all three accounts, but he was also showing them his online banking through his phone.

Now I should tell you that upon going into the bank he was at the gym. So can any of you guess the clothes he was wearing?? That's right!!! Sweats and a Goddamn hoodie! These two women looked at him and decided that the amount of money he wanted to withdraw out of his account, the money that he works hard for every day was too much for him. They told him to have a seat while they did some further investigations. Investigating of what??? It was at that point he told them "NO I will not take a seat!! I'm leaving and I'm going to report you." He was telling me how upset he was but manage to stay respectful.

He went outside and called the main branch to report them. It was at that point the person on the phone told him that is definitely shouldn't have been handled in that manner. Long story short. He went to TD Bank in the hood and was able to withdraw the same amount of money he was asking for at the Great Neck location. Profiling is real at TD Bank.

TD Bank in Brickell, Miami, Florida offers the most frustrating and inconvenient banking experiences one could have. Despite having been an active customer that visits the branch on a weekly basis, TD Bank will treat you like a stranger ready to commit fraud. They are always understaffed and you must always wait in lines. You cannot make wire transfers online and cannot get verified telephonically. Everything must be done in person and you can't make an appointment, just try your luck and see if you can actually see someone within a reasonable wait time. Their staff also suffers from a lack of knowledge. It seems like no one has the right information and ask two employees the same question and you will get two separate answers. It seems they do not specialize in anything.

I'm an active duty Army officer stationed out of state and not near any TD Bank branches. I was recently married and needed to change my name on all of my accounts. This includes airlines, credit cards, passport, DL, professional ratings and licenses, bank accounts and more. The process, as everyone knows, is arduous. Literally every institution listed above has a provision to complete this process either by faxing copies or mailing original corroborating documents. The ONLY one who insists on you doing it in person, and will not budge in their policy is TD Bank... "The most convenient bank in America". Thanks TD Bank, for your undying support to our troops. We are closing our account with you. Your customer service and "convenience" is far behind your competitors.

I was trying to open a checking account at the TD branch in Secaucus, NJ (1262 Paterson Plank Rd, Secaucus, NJ 07094). While I was waiting for one of the advisor I notice that the tellers were not busy with clients so I was asking them very politely a few questions about opening an account. They responded to me in a very mean way and made me feel like why should I bank here? A lady by the name ** gave me a very bad attitude and she was very rude to me I just left the bank without seeing the advisor and I ended up opening my account in a different branch with a much better behavior from tellers. At the new branch I mentioned this bad experience with the branch manager and I was told that this is not the first time that they get complaints on the tellers from the Secaucus, NJ branch. TD Bank is not a bad choice but depending what branch you are choosing. Good luck!

This is why I'm leaving your suck crap bank, not because of the fees I can care less about that, but when I need my money or when I need to use my debit card I shouldn't have any issue. For fact I'm one of the best customers you guys can have, because you guys made money over me by charging overdraft fees, and I paid them always. I will put as much as feedback anyway everywhere about this ** bank. This is my issue, I went to the ATM made a deposit. It was $500 cash. My account is over draft and I need to care of that and I work overnight and I need the cash for gas and food while at work but this ** bank put my cash deposit on hold till the 8th which is two days after. This is the life in America. I'll be starving by the time the release that funds which was cash deposit. I never hear a bank have that issue but you guys. This is why I'm switching to a different bank where my cash deposit not going on hold.

I hate you guys and dislike this bank now. I call customer service. I told them I can email them the receipt for them to release my cash deposit. They say no they cannot do that. So I'm staying at work starving thirsty because of this ** bank. Thank you and will not find me as a customer anymore. I promise you guys feedback and that receipt will show on google and everywhere I can add feedback. Suck bank.

I'm a freelancer - I just started my business and don't really keep much of a balance in the account. However - my account was -$12 which I received a $70 FEE for and then I was charged with a statement processing fee in the amount of $2 and once again was charged another $35 FEE. They are probably one of the worst banks I've banked with - and I'm sure that all the others are the same.

I am only going to echo what has already been written here by those before me, in the vain hope that it might influence someone within the bank itself or within the regulatory powers that be, to curb TDB's abusive policies. TD Bank manipulates its accounting. Specifically, how and when it posts credits to account holders, so as to charge the MAXIMUM number of overdraft charges possible.

Incredible as it seems, TDB is an allowed maximum of $175 per day. How can that be? Well it is and they do. You can opt out of OD on your personal account and this will help a bit. However, it doesn't stop all of them and if you have a business account, there is no way to mitigate the OD charges, they just pile them on. Of course, if you are eligible you can get overdraft protection. You need the credit.

What if you are a small business trying to rebuild during these past several years? SOL, you just get stepped on. Calling them at the branch is next to useless. They have a rotating staff of personnel (never enough mind you, so if you got the time (to wait), they've got your bank). So just when you think you've built some sort of relationship with your local branch (store) manager. They're gone into the abyss of another bank or branch. When you call the 800 number for the legendary service they claim they have, you will get legendary belligerence when you ask why the fees are so high and if you might recoup some.

Yes, they throw you a bone once in a while. I think once a year they may waive a cashier check fee of $8 even though I'm a long time business account holder. And they may return on occasion (their policy is once per year) a $35 overdraft. But the sheer number of relentless overdraft charges are a substantial burden for any small business or individual consumer. But wait there's more....

Ok they bleed you of funds through overdraft nsf charges. That's one thing. But they also return checks with a methodology only they know about. There is no way to tell if they will return the checks or not. Even if you frantically rush to the bank with cash and deposit that morning, and plead with the bank/store manager to please pay the check (at this point you have been charged already), your efforts are wasted. You might make it until late afternoon as you periodically login to your account to see if your check has been in fact paid. And you feel somewhat satisfied until by 3 or 4pm you see that even though you were charged the fee, deposited the cash, in excess to cover the check, it is still returned mercilessly.

I find TD Bank Criminal, as I do most banks whom we read about almost daily that commit some sort of fraud against the general population and get away with a fine, that is equivalent to a slap on the wrist compared to the billions they made breaking the law. This being the case, the reason I continue to stay for more abuse at the hand of TD bank, is where can I go? I hear equally frightening stories from every other regional or national bank.

I recently explored Valley National only to find after reviewing their fee schedule that it was in some cases, more abusive than TDB, which is some feat. After opening the account only for overnight, I literally went in the next day to close the account. I was charged $25. Thank you sir may I have another. So again, I offer this here hoping upon hope that it makes a difference somewhere or catches someone's ear, along with the incredible stories before me of abuse at the hand of evil TDB and the banking industry at large.

Currently I am with TD bank and I am looking to buy a property. I understand I work for a family business and do not have a good income history. That is exactly why I went to see a mortgage advisor. After a long conversation the mortgage advisor told me as long as I have a 20 percent down payment which I do I am okay. I made an offer on a property, the offer was accepted and I continued to discuss affairs with my mortgage advisor. It is no surprise I was rejected. However the problems arrives with the how I was rejected. I was told I was pre approved and after I gave all my information to TD I never got back a response. I called them multiple times and every time I was told tomorrow or next week.

After a month of waiting, calling and extending the deadline for the sale I call TD and they said, "We can't give you a mortgage." Why did it take a month for them to say no and because of TD's lack of care for its clientele and lazy work ethic I lost out on this property. If they told me no on day one I would have never made an offer. If they told me no during the first week I could have gone to a private company. I don't understand why they did what they did, but they stole a month of my life and and opportunity of a lifetime. If possible my review would be a negative star because this is simply the straw that broke the camel's back.

I opened a new business account with TD Bank - May 2016. I sold my first car at my used car lot Sept 2016, deposited the credit union check on Saturday. Wrote checks on the account Monday, then have vendors calling me telling me the checks are bouncing. I called the customer service where I was told that ANY check deposited on Fri or Sat are not credited until the END of the next business day. Which equated to not seeing the credit to my account until Tuesday. I asked if they would consider reversing the overdraft charges since it was my first time with the account and the fact that it was a check written from another bank!! They refused. I closed the account today Sept 2016.

TD Bank was sued in a class action lawsuit for clearing checks before deposits. Now they pay with our money and charge us for the privilege. I should not have wasted my time opening the accounting. Will never have another account with TD Bank ever again. I now bank with Norway Savings bank and I am very happy!! (Ignoring the lost of cash from TD stealing my money in overdraft fees.)

I use bill pay on my checking account to pay all my bills and know that TD Bank is not set up to accept payments within the 3 day window like other creditors, so I scheduled it 8 days ahead like my bank suggests. Paper checks are sent as payment to this bank. Evidently, TD Bank has a policy in place that they can stretch it out a full 10 days. Even though my payment was showing on their system as being received on the 15th, it was never applied. I received a collection letter from TD Bank regarding my TD credit card saying I was past due on the 27th. "We may report information about your credit card accounts to credit bureaus. As a result your credit report may reflect late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account." At the end of the letter they say "Our focus remains on delivering a legendary customer experience, and we're here to support you anytime."

I immediately called this morning and spent over 30 minutes on the phone with several people to finally get this hopefully reversed. We will see how that works out. They hold these deposits, sit on the cash and charge fees excessively to benefit TD Bank. It seems to me they are going down the path of Bank of America and Wells Fargo banks. Be warned.

TD Bank is the absolute worst bank I have ever had. Only had account two weeks and they have me overdrawn over $100.00. From what I see they hold transactions until they are ready to post them. I had a FPL payment that was done via debit and they did not post it paid until well over a week later and charged a $35.00 OD fee. There were several other debit purchases, they did the same thing. Then after I was already in the hole, over $100.00 in OD fees alone they conveniently charged bank fees. Their customer service reps are extremely rude. I will be finding another banking institution. If you are smart do not open an account with TD Bank.

This bank are masters at passing the buck and pretending not to know what is going on with your money especially if you don't have 1,000's. This bank has a so-called supervisor who even blamed the Federal Reserve for the discrepancies with my account. I was on the line with the second supervisor and she told me that she wished she could put a million dollars in my account but she cant do anything since her computer screen didn't show the refund. I never asked for a million dollars only the $77 that was refunded by the other party 4 DAYS AGO!!! I am shopping for another banking institution as we speak and plan to put the word out about this institution that justifies poor business practices and is full of excuses.

I deposited 400 dollars cash in an ATM on Thursday night. On Friday I went online and the cash had been posted. I used my debit card on Friday night and Saturday without a problem. On Sunday I went online and found they reversed the $400.00 on Sunday morning and charged me several hundred dollars in fees. When I called I was told they could not really help and reduced the fees to $45.00 which is insane because it was their error.

The person I spoke to at customer service said they had to wait for the check to clear and I said, "Really because it was not a check. It was 4 one hundred dollar bills" and she said "OH they had to verify your transaction." I said "it took from Thursday night until Sunday to verify, they were $100.00 dollar bills." Silence. I asked to speak to a manager and was put on hold and when they came back on the line I was told the manager would not speak to me. They made a mistake and, in my opinion, stole money from me for fraudulent charges. I am now with Chase and very happy. Left after 26 years with Commerce and TD.

Regular monthly check deposited for years but online account activity shows they are holding it for pending review. Called the branch, spoke to rep who asked how long we have had the account (five plus years, and we have several accounts, including business accounts). He then said that they have to call the bank the check was drawn on to make sure the funds are there and if so, we should see the money clear sometime today. Makes no sense since it didn't show up in pending until I was on the phone with him and they usually give $100 in available funds from the deposit. There was no entry that showed that but they pended the check less $200 and never posted a description of that.

Rep said they have 24 hours after the check is deposited. This happened once before and the rep I spoke to then said the other person's bank was denying the funds. It was a business account and caused all kinds of problems resulting in the person whose check it was ending all business with us. TD Bank used to be good but now you can't get a straight answer from anyone and their website responses to situations like mine are all generic answers like "sorry, we can't reply to everyone's questions but see page middle of bank jargon blahblah". Looking to close accounts and switch to a bank that is reliable and has better customer service.

I opened a Simple Savings Account at TD Bank on the phone, with a direct withdrawal of a set amount of 25.00 monthly directly from checking account, I never was given any forms to sign and was never asked to sign any forms ever. But now it appears that I must travel to a local branch to sign forms to close this account and to have this action completed. Seems to me as a double standard because I never signed not one form, I now have to sign forms to get my money back but worse is, that it has to be in person. IT'S MY MONEY AND THEY REFUSE TO GIVE IT BACK TO ME, technically it's their money. WOW.

PS. They said I must write to them to request a closing of this account, I did not once but 3 times and I never received a response to any of my written requests in-fact I was forced to call them Customer Service on the phone only to be told to go to the branch in person and sign the forms. And I recently had a amputation and was discharged but days ago and I am having trouble moving around and cannot move around much. It's very stressful in doing so.

My first time today in life that I had a very bad experience with TD Bank. This afternoon with TD Bank the bank teller screwed me up. I wrote the correct amount on my check and she made a mistake. Now I have to back come tomorrow to clear this matter. The bank teller made mistake. This is in Staten Island NY 10314. She got mixed up with a number. You messed me up TD Bank. Thank you very much and you ruined my weekend.

On 24 December 2015, being a typical guy, I was doing my holiday shopping. After a few hours making various purchases with my TD Bank Debit Card within a 15 mile radius of my home in Rhode Island, my last stop was at my local TD branch to get some holiday cash from the ATM. There, on my ATM receipt, I discovered an additional $2,000 in my checking account. Sweet, I thought... must have been my wife transferring funds so I could get a new iPad for myself for Christmas.

I went home directly and asked my wife about it. She did NOT make that transfer. Panic set in and I called TD Bank immediately. I discovered a small, UNAUTHORIZED purchase made in Hollywood, Florida. I reported this to the bank rep as an unauthorized purchase. The same person or persons who had made that unauthorized purchase also had accessed ALL of my TD accounts. Not having sufficient information about those accounts, the perpetrator transferred $2,000 out of one of my wife's accounts and into my own checking account. I also reported this as an unauthorized transaction. My debit card was cancelled and a new one issued. I was told that investigators would be looking into the issue.

How was someone able to do this? According to TD Bank, someone called them on the phone and pretended to be me. To "prove" they were "me", they provided my debit card number (evidently quite easy to get that number) and the amount of a recent purchase (about 1,000 miles away from where I had been simultaneously making purchases near my home). No other questions were asked of that person. No account number, no CVV code from the back of the card, no other purchases or deposits were asked for.

I recently discovered that the unauthorized purchase was not refunded to me, in spite of the fact that on 24 December 2015, while I was talking to the TD Bank rep., I studied up on disputes for unauthorized purchases and followed the necessary steps by reporting quite clearly that the purchase was unauthorized, with an hour or two of that unauthorized purchase. TD Bank now tells me that they have no dispute filed.

To make a long story... well... a little longer... not only were the security questions a poor and illegitimate method for verifying identity, but it seems to me (and I am loathe to cast aspersions), that the TD Bank representatives were in on it. The person I spoke with was actually sitting near the same rep that allowed these transactions through and gave an unauthorized person access to ALL of my wife's and my own TD checking, savings, and business accounts. He frequently put me on hold while he "consulted" with that person. As far as I can tell, TD Bank is unaware of any security issue regarding my accounts. I do have a lot of accounts with TD Bank as a property owner and business owner, but I have already begun to close my accounts there and transfer to another bank. I hope my experience helps others avoid TD Bank.

The "customer service" agents are terrible. They cannot speak English properly and they cannot spell correctly. They made up a street name on our account and it was returned because the street does not exist. They tried no other mode of contact. I called them because I was concerned about not getting a bill when we used a special interest-free sale. They said we weren't overdue and acted like we were avoiding them. They sent two bills and tacked on interest and a late fee because it was overdue. Then they "corrected" our correct address with another made up address a month later.

When I called to correct it they acted like we had moved. Hello!!! We did not move!!! Please, please just do your job. When the lady corrected it, after questioning me like I was being charged with capital murder, she was being snotty. Then she asked if there was anything else she could help me with. I asked her to please read the street address to me, then spell the street name. She yelled the name and spelling three times, then yelled the entire street address. I hung the phone up on the **. I guess I am going to pay this account off in less than nine months just to avoid having to deal with those unprofessional and incredibly unintelligent agents again.

Compare Banks & Credit Unions