TD Bank and TD Banknorth
1.13/5
Get expert advice Hire a pro
Answer a few questions to find a great financial advisor. Compare the top 3 fiduciary financial advisors near you.
FIND MY ADVISOR

TD Bank

744 TD Bank and TD Banknorth Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Received a letter stating account is past due and with a charge of $76 ($38/month) for late fees. Payment is due on the 15th of the month, but I checked with my bank and also with their customer service that payment was received 11 Sep, and the latest one was received 7th Oct. I called and asked question, "Why we're being charged for late fees when you received the payments before the 15th of the month." Simple question, they cannot answer and keep getting transferred to another person. DUMB people working here, and all they want is charge late fees even though payment arrives before the DUE date.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Used ATM at TD Bank 600 West Main St. Freehold N.J. on 10/13/18. Did a withdrawal of $300.00 from the ATM. ATM only gives twenty dollar bills so I went to the teller and gave her 5 twenty dollar bills and asked her for one $100.00 dollar bill. She asked me if I had an account with TD Bank, I said, "Yes l do." She said, "I will need to see your debit card and drivers lic. I asked her, "Why? All I want is to change the money. The ATM only gives 20s." She said, "It is TD Bank policy to see ID when exchanging currency. We have to track any currency exchange from all accounts and why do want a $100.00 bill?" I could not believe it. I told her to give me the 20s back. I felt like some kind of criminal. What kind of B.S. policy is this? Why are they tracking our money? Tracking $100.00 really? What am I a drug dealer? A terrorist? That's it for TD Bank. I am pulling all my money out of this bank. Zero stars for TD Bank.

Get expert buying tips about Online Brokers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Dear bank, I was completely unaware of your issues with joining the tech. revolution. It has been explained to me that if I need to express myself to anyone above the pay grade of customer assistance I needed to write a letter explaining in great detail my situation, what my expectations in response from you would be, and apparently deliver it in person, due to higher pay scale employees inability to fully grasp how the U.S. postal system, or phones works. There was no other direction, other than "great detail" so I will to the best of my ability to provide all relevant information, to what I'm sure will lead you to a fair solution to my problem.

This is the second and last time in my life that I will let this happen to me. I feel betrayed by the system. The first betrayal was with a television 15 years prior to this, that I paid off the final balance a month early, only to receive a bill two months later, for ironically, 800.00+ dollars, the final statement did not include a $15.00 fee, I now would owe them all the interest and penalties. Hmmm.

Now to recap what has happened while purchasing a lawnmower, and financing it through your bank, asking if this could be done through auto pay. Remembering the "television debacle and wanting to avoid the possibility of a repeat, after all, if the bank has authority to make the payments, they can't be late, or short on a final payment.

First bill arrives, I call, make the payment, and explain "I thought this would be auto pay?", a very polite operator tells me "No but we can surely set that up", me "Great let's do that". Next month a bill came, I call back, make the payment plus ask "Guys what's up with this, it's supposed to be auto paid, I set that up?", again a very polite voice explains - "Nope, not according to us", me - losing my polite voice a bit now, but explaining that my frustration was not directed towards them, but at the situation "Let's try that again".

No more bills, or communication for the remainder of this loan, leaving me to believe the matter was finally taken care of. Next thing I know, I get a letter, expecting a (thank you for your business, please feel free to contact us if you need any of our services in the future.), but instead got a "due to payment beyond the free interest time frame, your new balance is $800.00 + for interest and fees?!?!" (thus explaining the "ironically" description I used earlier).

The next phone call I make, I have to explain that I WOULD be saying some offensive things about the situation, that again it wouldn't be directed at them personally. It was explained to me. In a very calm and nicest way possible that she could not do anything about it, however, if I would like to talk to a supervisor they would have one call me at a convenient time, frustrated at this (I was working 16 hours a day, with an hour travel time both ways). I explained that my window of "convenient time" was 8:00 am to 9:00 am, somewhere between a shower, eating, letting the dogs out, and mowing the lawn with a now Porsche Carrera price tagged lawnmower. The extremely polite woman tells me she would try very hard for 9:00 am call, but I might have to wait until someone has cleared a spot for first thing in the morning.

Begrudgingly, I stayed awake for 2 weeks, waiting for that call. Please note that I have a answering service. No messages. Eventually a letter arrived, yup, Cub Cadet sizzling past Porsche Carrera and straight into 250 GTO Ferrari priced tag territory. I call with letter in hand- "customer service, how can I help you today?" I must have paused too long. She continues - "Could you give me your account num" (me interrupting before she has a chance to finish) "NOOO, I won't, give you my account number, I need, to talk, to a supervisor."

Without skipping a beat she replies, "I can certainly transfer you, but if you would give me your acc" (interrupting again) "Look lady, I don't want to take out my frustration on you. So if you just transfer me to a higher authority, I won't." 20 minutes of the most God awful music, changing speed, and cutting out as if being played through a cell phone from a car going through a tunnel ensues. The music stops, a noise that sounds like someone has just picked up the phone, 3 seconds of silence, and then another noise that sounds all too much like someone hanging up said phone.

Another call, and yet again this now painfully sweat person answers, I explain what had just happened, and she replies with "OK if I could just get your account number?" Again "Lady I don't want to rip your head off because of some computer glitch, or a tactic for generating income that you are not responsible for, so just get a supervisor on the phone, then transfer me to them."

It was then revealed to me that I was the nicest person she had talked to that day, that her whole job was to talk to disenfranchised, customers at the end of their rope, because of this very problem. So apparently I'm not this bank's only prey, and you have played this game before. My hope is, whoever receives this letter will think long and hard about a fair solution to end my account. What do you think is fair? Give yourself a day or 2 to think about it, and let me know by phone.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

When you call into TD Bank's customer service line, they ask you several specific questions to verify your identity. I understand and appreciate their diligence in this, but there's something wrong in their verification. I literally answered all their questions, READ it off my online account, and they said I had to go into the store to verify my identity. All I wanted to do was set a travel notice on my card. There is something seriously wrong with how they verify identities. And since they give you no clue of what was incorrect, there's no way you can answer the questions correctly going forward, which means don't bother calling them EVER.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I applied for an SBA small line of Credit. To say these people are dishonest in their timeline offers would be the most benign. I was told I would have the loan approved and disbursed in 6 weeks or so. Months later I still didn’t have anything disbursed. They give you nothing in writing, just very misguiding information over the phone. By the time I got the money I was so behind my timeline I lost my office space and could not start up.

“My bad” once I got my line of credit it was not set up to cover debits and withdrawals as I go. By the time I figured it out I had racked $4k in fees. They are fee happy. No matter how much you complaint they will not take those fees away. There is no way to control who withdraws and at what time. Who wants to be checking their bank account daily and manually transferring money? Specially when you are a one person operation? So I asked for features I had at other banks such as holding all payments until I manually approve them. They don’t offer that, they would be loosing all those fees. This bank is really outrageous. I have been in business elsewhere for 20 years and had yet to meet a bank like this. I would not recommend this bank to my worst enemy if I had any.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TD Ameritrade?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

What a horrible bank. I opened a Premier Checking account specifically to travel and not have ATM withdrawal fees. After coming back from a 2 month trip I come to find out they didn't reimburse me for any of the ATM fees. Their reasoning was that it was because I did not have minimum $2500 on my account from day 1. The money transfer took 1 day to process so of course I didn't have 2500 on the first day. I specifically asked if that's gonna be a problem when opening account and was told it won't be. DO YOU THINK I JUST WALK AROUND WITH $2500 in cash ready to deposit? WTF? Also they places EVERY SINGLE ONE of my PAYCHECK deposits on a 6 business day hold. Which really is a 10 day hold including the weekends. Their reasoning was because of high deposit fraud for people of MY AGE! Can you believe that?!?! Is that even legal?! STAY AWAY.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

TD Bank has the worst customer service and efficiency I have ever encountered. I tried to use Zelle to make a rent payment. My payment had a red flag put on it because my first time payment was large. Okay, fair - I call them, they say the payment will be cancelled and I can send it again after it’s cancelled. The next day, I go into my account to resend the payment and find that my entire account is on hold, in direct contradiction to what the customer service representative told me the previous day. I call again. I’m told that I need to go to a brick and mortar bank to verify my identity.

Wouldn’t be a problem, except that I live in Louisiana and the nearest bank is in Florida. I tell them that, they say I have to come to Florida. I’ve never had suspicious account activity, no overdrafts, nothing. Just a college kid trying to pay rent, and TD Bank tells me I need to drive through four states because they cancelled my payment. I will no longer be a customer of TD Bank, and will be warning everyone I can about this crooked company.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Let me begin, my configuration is a Samsung Note 8, running Android 8.0.0. When I use the TD Bank web app, I type my username/password and without hesitation I get the following message; “We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank for your patience. Please try again in a little while”. Well, I have been patiently waiting since September 19th, 2018, today is 10/4/2018 (I guess it's going to be an OK day, sorry for the pun, anyway). They have had me uninstall and reinstall the app 3 times. They have changed my username twice. I have changed my password at least 6 times. Nothing works.

But, today’s excuse was just too much. Today, they blamed my network connection. Did not matter I have had this problem using my home FiOS network, the AT&T mobile network, and even my employers’ network. The result is always; “Please try again in a little while”. I not sure we can trust their Computer Systems. They cannot even get a simple web app to work reliably. Should we trust their data security on the TD Banking systems? Should we trust TD Bank Ameritrade? Maybe for our own financial security, we need avoid TD Bank and its affiliates, until they can at least get their web app working.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Me and my mother we are from North Carolina. We opened up a credit card account with TD card services. I myself opened up a bank checking account as well. No trouble with the bank. I love the bank side... we were excited because we had had some hard times a month or so before this end. Was to do better and get back on our feet... the third or fourth day getting after getting the cards they shut off my grandmother's card because of a purchase at Walmart so we called and got that cleared up. The following day they cut off my card because of the ATM ordeal. I called. I got that cleared up... from then on for a month and two every 2 or 3 days they would put a hold on our cards and we would have to call with an explanation of why when and where.

We had a balance transfer that we listed for Capital One a balance transfer the day we got the cards online and was told they were sent out that day or the following day. 2 and a half weeks later I noticed on my statement that there was on my account listing for Capital One on 9 6 2018. They made the checkout and send it and bold face lied to me over the phone. Said that it was sent and it was good when actually they had not even sent out yet. When they finally did send it the address that you Capital One and then sent it to me at my address. It came in the mail the trance for a check. I called them up and they told me that that was the only address they had on file for Capital One. My address is the only one you have on file? Craziness. So I jumped in my car, took it to my post office, express mailed it to Capital One. It cost me $9.

Because I got a little upset with him over this check that they sent out, because they lied and sent it to the wrong place they are punishing me and my grandmother about cutting off my cards and giving us every excuse under the sign of why we call every day and it's always a different excuse or, "Something's in your view," or suspicious activity or, "We couldn't positively ID your phone," or, "The photos you sent him are too dark." It was a excuse after excuse after excuse. For 2 weeks this went on. Could not get no answers from nobody. Few people at that place that really helped me and that was Angie and Ariel in the credit card department. Those two went beyond their means to help me but still could not give me a correct answer.

As of right now I am still waiting to hear back from TD Bank. Excuse me TD Card Services. Again the bank side is awesome. They have put us through hell over these cards and we have done not one thing wrong. Really thinking about legal action because it has stressed us both out to the point that we are regretting even hearing the word TD. If there are any lawyers or legal professionals reading this please contact me at **. I believe it's time BS big Banks and big credit card companies pay for their actions and what they do to their customers that are hundred percent in the right. I noticed I had to put a star in order to proceed with my comments. Let me say I did not even want to give them a one-star rating. They don't deserve it at least not the card services side.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I purchased a new phone from Samsung and decided to finance with TD Bank. These guys are the worst and I mean worst. Their customer service blows. Their online account system is terrible. They kept charging me late fees and I was paying my dues on time every month. When I tried to dispute the claim, guess what? Just so happens I am "locked" out of my account. They were suppose to take those late fees off MONTHS ago and didn't do so. So the amount keeps building up. They should pay off my phone for their terrible, terrible service. Do not. I repeat DO NOT try to finance with them. They'll just try to screw you over.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I discovered that a fraudulent account was opened in my name for a line of Samsung credit with TD Bank. I had it shut down immediately. Concerned that the fraudsters had my personal info I went to the bank branch to have my debit and credit cards changed over to prevent any further fraud. I presented my IDs and answered security questions and got new cards. A week later I made a payment on the credit card without any issues. A few days later I go to charge something to the card and discover that it isn't working. I call customer service and they tell me that a security hold was placed on the card due to ID theft. I am told I need to go to a branch and present ID to get the security hold lifted. Pointing-out to them that this card was personally requested by me and given to me by a manager after I presented ID gets me nowhere.

Already ticked-off, the next day I go to the branch and deal with a different manager. For nearly an hour I watch as he gets bounced from one department to the next before he puts me on the phone. I am told the hold is being lifted and they will call me to confirm that it's gone in 15 minutes. I finally head to work, which I am very late for, and when I arrive I get a call and I am asked where I faxed the copies of my ID to (note: they call me to ask me this and not the branch manager). I told them I had no clue as to where my IDs were faxed to or even if they were sent. I am then told to return to the branch and show two forms of ID, yadda, yadda, yadda.

By this point I am totally enraged. I go back and both managers told me that they had never needed to fax IDs in before and the people over the phone never asked them to. In other words, they don't know the procedures and nobody bothers to remind them of what they are. I personally watch as the branch manager faxes my ID. I am assured somebody will call me back by the end of the day. Nobody does, so I call them. I am told that I need to go back to the branch and show two forms of ID. I tell them it's been faxed in already. I am told there is no record of the fax being received. I go back to the branch and speak to manager #3 and again watch as he gets bounced around before somebody verifies that the fax was received. I am assured somebody will call me back to ask me some questions. Nobody does.

Once again I call and am told that I need to go to a branch and have them fax in copies of two forms of my ID. Long story short - I have now called multiple times as have the branch managers. Now the story they are telling is that I asked to have the account closed down. The branch manager who tried to change my card has told them that that wasn't the case. I have as well multiple times. No matter. I keep getting told that somebody will get back to me within 24-48 hours, but nobody ever does.

Today I was told that my request for a call back has been put into the system. When I said that I have been told many times before that I would get a call back within 24-48 hours, I am told there is no record in the system of anyone being told to call me back. I and the managers both have been told that my situation was "escalated" beginning a week ago. The branch managers are as frustrated as I am, but they admit to being powerless to do anything more than they've done. All of this is serving to harm my credit rating at a time that I am intending to apply for a mortgage (and no way will it be with TD). So, I am still stuck in consumer hell.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I applied for a Samsung tv thru Samsung website where they offered a credit card to pay the tv on a monthly basis thru TD credit. I got an approval, ordered the tv only to be told a month later that the approval was an error (my credit scores are 739, 767 and 762 in all 3 credit bureau...). Thank you TD Bank, worst bank in the USA... not professional at all, they need to learn about customer service, last time I waste my time with these clowns.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Dear TD Bank Management, There is only one guy in your entire bank system that I would return to do business with! Mr. Victor ** has gone above and beyond to help me resolve my problem that other 30 people that I contacted before chose to ignore. I have never been treated this badly by any financial institution. Thank you Mr. Victor for patiently listening to me for 20 minutes and never interrupting me once. Thank you for resolving my issue. There is no worst feeling that knowing that you are getting screwed and a bank branch manager telling you there is nothing they can do. TD Bank is horrible and I will never do business with them again. Mr. Victor is the only positive about the bank. Thank you again!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

My name is Ms **, I put In money into my account for rent... I was then notified by the landlord that the money was not there I was lost. I then sent a secure message to TD right away. Then I also called in and disputed it. 2 months later I check my account I have a negative $831.15. TD did not approve the dispute... yet all the transactions were in another state 5 hours away. TD are the criminals. Since then I have made another dispute their excuse was I was on online banking... (Yeah to send a secure message that my account was used without my knowledge.) TD claims I need to send more information. How??? I did not do the transactions!!! I will dispute this forever if I have too.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I applied for a TD Ameritrade Visa card last year, it claimed if I spent $500 within first 90 days I will get $100 bonus cash. I called the help desk and asked why I didn’t get the bonus, they claim I didn’t put the promotion code on the application. I had a copy of the application. It doesn’t ask if you have a promotion code. I was on hold back and forth for over an hour and at the end they can’t do anything about it. Poor customer service and the help desk is not open 24/7. This bank sucks. Never ever try to use this bank again.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Don't ever do business with this bank. Their customer service is horrible and no one at the call center responds accurately to questions. I have asked repeatedly for forms but none ever came. Even getting a username and password is difficult.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I opened an account with them about a year ago. They had said that since I was a student, the only limit on my account would be that I cannot go below a certain amount in my accounts. Fine. Now about 3 weeks ago I started getting charged for making too many transactions when they specifically said that all I had to do was stay above a certain balance! And I did! I called them on the phone, and they were very rude. Even the higher level people were rude to me. This isn't even the worst part... a week after I opened my account they froze me with a $-9,999,999 balance. It took almost 3 weeks for them to get to the highest level they could, and unfreeze+fix my account. I will be closing my accounts with them ASAP.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

The worst bank I have ever been to. Cash machine took my cash and did not register the deposit and ate my banking card. After being kept waiting for almost a half an hour the teller told me that she would open up a claim but my money probably wouldn't be in the account for a few days. This is a problem because I have payments debited automatically and without the cash in the account I would be severely penalized. She said there was nothin+g she could do about it except file a claim and hopefully the cash would be accounted for.

She then went on to claim that the ATM machines in the bank are not their responsibility despite the fact that there are TD Bank logos all over them... She didn't even put an out of order sign on the machine after all that happened. Stay away from this bank at all costs, better to stash your money under your mattress... Update... Bank never returned money stating that they had no record of a deposit... This bank is a criminal enterprise... I've heard of people robbing banks, but not of banks robbing people!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

The worst bank I have ever been to. Cash machine took my cash and did not register the deposit and ate my banking card. After being kept waiting for almost a half an hour the teller told me that she would open up a claim but my money probably wouldn't be in the account for a few days. This is a problem because I have payments debited automatically and without the cash in the account I would be severely penalized. She said there was nothing she could do about it except file a claim and hopefully the cash would be accounted for.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

“Convenient bank” may not be true, depending on where you live. I use TD Bank in Florida, and have to deposit checks and cash every month. I try to use the ATM, and literally half the time there are problems with it. Once in a while it is during working hours and I can use a teller, but mostly not, so I have an hour round trip (I live way out in the country) to do again. Sometimes it won’t take cash. Sometimes it won’t take checks. Sometimes it won’t take either and is just turned off with a little sign on it. Sometimes it won’t take a check until you put it in five times in different orientations. Yesterday I found, after 12 tries, that if you push a check all the way to the left edge of the slot, it would take it, but not otherwise. The people in the bank know about the problems, which have been going on since I started there 3+ years ago. But the ATM still doesn’t function reliably.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

Last night I called TD Bank to make sure my account was in good standing because my husband and I were going to use this account as our new primary. We were negative which wasn't a problem because we transferred money into the account last night to bring it to good standing. We also called customer service last night and confirmed with them that the account was good and making the payment would bring everything to normal. This was great because my husband and I set up direct deposit to go into this TD Account. Now this morning TD say they canceled our accounts after we put in all the information to our work and transferred all our money into the account.

We called a representative this morning and she was extremely rude and told us, "Your account is closed, you can come in and make a new one." Why would I want to come in and create a new one after all of this and I called your bank last night and you told me everything is fine! The best part is you can never get a manager, you have to wait 24 to 48 hours. This bank is a scam, better off going with Chase or BOA, a bank that has a good reputation.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I just opened an account in this branch on August 10, and in 1 week I had so many different troubles every single day! I used to use Chase Bank before I moved to Philly and never had a problem with that at all! But TD Bank is the worst bank I’ve ever worked with!!! Finally they locked my account for no reason and I tried to call them. Finally I reached them and they said, it will take a couple more days to unlock it.... Stay away from this ** bank.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

TD is the worse. First fraud transfer was stopped because I check my account at 6 am and saw it on time. Now 3 months later new account I get fraud, transfer 987.12 from my savings to checking then withdraw on my checking 2100$, then a mobile deposit of 4843 something like that then try to withdraw. Transfer was successfully completed and they said since the code request send to my phone number succeed, is that I have log in to someone in compliance with them to do the fraud. They didn't return my money, even with police report and proof all the calls for code request and code request sent for my email log in too. Can't pay my mortgage and they don't care, so the others got away with it. Even when this happened in Georgia and I live in NJ. Hope this company and the thief go to hell or get the worse in their life!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

After decades of banking experience with TD I am heart sick to know that my deceased mother's attempts to secure easy passage of her assets was guided by a revolving door of unqualified staff who now hide behind the anonymity of this large business. My mother put her trust in people who are parachuted into this mill they call a bank - lesson learned the hard way. We will work through probate and the funds will find their way to the proper entitled but with no help but actually obstruction from an institution that I will never look at the same way.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

On June 24, 2018 I attempted to use an ATM, Terminal **, to withdraw $200. First, I checked my balance at the ATM. It was $3,498.00. On my first attempt at a withdrawal no money was dispensed and I received a receipt which stated, "TRANSACTION IS NOT APPROVED." It also said, "DISPENSED AMOUNT $0.00

REQUESTED AMOUNT $200.00". On my next attempt I was able to withdraw $200.00, but my balance had been reduced to $3,088.10. That means $409.90 was taken from my account. That is equal to two withdrawals of $200.00, two service fees of $3.95 and two charges of $1.00. However, I only made one withdrawal. The other one was declined.

I immediately took this to the bank and they temporarily reversed the charge while they investigated. However, they made the temporary reversal seem like the resolution. They came back six weeks later and said the transaction was legitimate and they would be deducting $203.95 from my account. There was ONE legitimate transaction on my account totaling $203.95. However, they will now be deducting twice. I have had to file with the Federal Reserve Bank and the OCC.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I recently closed my account at TD Bank for 1 reason. They really don't care about their personal account customers. They have something that other banks do not have: "Event overdraft processing". This means that if you miscalculated your debits and find out that you are negative, they do not give you time to deposit the money that day to bring the account positive to avoid an overdraft fee like customer service oriented banks do. Done to maximize the chance of charging fees. Very Bad business.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I had embarrassing experience with TD Bank. The bank put a hold on my account without my knowledge. Absolutely no communication from bank warning me of security breach which never happened. All banks contact bank customers by email or phone or both if bank suspects breach on customers' account. I went grocery shopping using my debit to pay. Having money in my account I was declined 3 times. This being a busy grocery store. There were store customers lined up behind me

Store cashier had put my groceries aside put on hold until I cleared up my bank problem and paid for $306 grocery bill. My sister was patient and kind to drive me to bank to clear up this unknown problem. The bank told me there was suspected security breach on my account. That was the reason for putting a hold on my account. I had to talk to head office to verify and clear this embarrassing mess up. I did verify and clear my account hold so I could pay for my groceries.

Anyone out there doing a large deal been declined by TD Bank this is borderline criminal act.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I was getting a higher interest on my savings account so I had my wife upgrade her savings account to the higher interest approx 1.2%. The bank agent said my account opened 9 months ago was paying less interest than my wife's so he was to change from .4% to 1.2%. It never happened so I lost $1200 of extra interest. Neither thde manager or corporate seems ready to make up my loss. Once this happened with e*trade and they made up the difference. TD seems not to honor their error.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Worst banking experience ever, customer service took 20 minutes to answer my call, and when they did the lady was annoyed I was calling and was rude with a bad attitude. This was my first call to customer service. I opened a new business account and I pay extra to have square instantly deposit my sales, while TD bank played with my deposits for days and charged me $70 overdraft fees for a total$280 in one month I had my account open. Also while on the phone call customer service which shouldn’t be called that wanted every transaction for the week to be verified to the penny. When I missed a some she said this conversation is over and hung up. I had to walk in and speak to a rep and ask for help.

I explained I’m a new business. I can’t afford to pay all these fees and have my checks held for so long. The rep responded with he couldn’t do anything because I didn’t open my account at that bank. I now deposited $900 and God knows how long to clear while they charge me overdraft fees. I cannot run my business like this. The rep where I opened my account was very professional, the most professional personnel at TD Bank. She was very accommodating and refunded $15 which isn’t helping me much. It seemed to me like my problems where out of her hands and now I have no one from TD Bank to help me with this serious issue that’s causing me not to pay my business loans and very expensive insurances for my business. While having all these bad experiences I decided to google TD Bank reviews and most reviews where at � one star. This has been a nightmare for me starting up and running my business.

Original review: July 30, 2018

TD Bank reverted to my old address after sending statements to the correct address for more than 2 years. They neglected to remove my deceased husband's name from the account even after more than two years and three death certificates. They insured my property claiming not to have received the declaration page from my insurance agent. I needed to chase them down to replace an overage check from escrow which I returned to them voided (still had my husband's name on it) and they had not redeposited it into my escrow account.

After 4 stressful weeks of climbing up the ranks of customer support and documenting quite clearly how and why they are responsible their conclusion is they are not at fault for anything! They refused to waive the late fees that the account accrued due to payments being received short because of their unnecessary insurance. In my opinion they are incompetent and have placed fees on my account fraudulently. I am so happy they hold none of my assets!!!

TD Ameritrade expert review by Barbara Friedberg

TD Bank is one of the 10 largest U.S. banks. The bank offers retail, small business and commercial banking products and services to more than 8.5 million customers through its approximate 1,300 locations in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida.  TD Bank belongs to TD Bank Group, a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto.

• Accounts and services: TD Bank offers personal banking, small business banking, commercial banking and investing services. The personal banking services and products include checking, saving, credit cards, loans as well as access to investment products.

• Online banking and bill pay: Their electronic services include 24/7 online account access, transfers, person-to-person payments via Popmoney® and bill pay. Customers receive email alerts, online statements and account synch with Quicken®.

• Credit cards: TD Bank offers a variety of credit and debit cards including specialized miles, cash back, prepaid, balance transfer and rewards cards. There are also special offers for new credit card owners.

• Personal loans: TD Banks personal loan products include secured loans, unsecured loans and a personal unsecured line of credit.

• Financial tips and tools: This educational portal includes calculators, articles and tutorials on a wealth of financial topics including banking, budgeting saving, and borrowing.

• Best for: TD Bank is appropriate for consumers who live near the TD Ameritrade Bank branches and those seeking banking with a direct link to a discount brokerage firm, TD Ameritrade.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg