TD Bank

Compare Online Brokers

Research top Online Brokers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Do not believe their ads. They do not bank human. I experienced how they can care less about the working class people. I deposited my employer checks and they froze my account. The checks were local bank checks within the same city. I couldn't pay my rent, buy groceries, get gas to work. I am a single person that doesn't have anyone that can help me out. I tried calling branches, managers, customer service and nobody could do anything to expedite the funds. I have to wait 6-10 days for a local employer check to clear. I'm not sure how I will make it. Just waiting so I can take out my money and close the account. Do not bank here. They hold your money, treat you like a number. I was a previous Chase customer and never had those problems, everything cleared fast but the reason I switched to TD was due to lower monthly fee. Which my account is in negative status due to the freeze.

I went looking for a new bank when Key Bank started really dropping the ball on my accounts and found TD. I use TD Ameritrade trading platform and never had any issues so I gave TD Bank a try. It is like night and day from the great customer service to the deposit availability. I was in a jam and their discretionary overdraft protection covered a transaction $500 over my balance! I put the cash in the next morning. The important takeaway is that they are customer focused and not fee/profit pirates raiding your accounts.

I called the Maine office location and I spoke to Leila. I had to dispute a charge. By far the best customer service I have ever received from any company. I never do reviews but for the way Leila handled my claim I had to acknowledge her. Thank you Leila from Maine. You assured I will forever be a TD Bank customer.

At the start of 2017 and the end of 2016, $1500 was stolen from my account. The customer service representative to spoke skeptically swore that it was impossible that anyone other than myself took the money, because it was withdrawn using a chip. Come present day, news reports claim that the chip is doing more harm than good. However, my money is still nowhere to be seen. Additionally, as of recent, 400 dollars in overdraft fees has been charged to my account, although, I never authorized charges to this bank.

We have a joint account with my wife at TD Bank. Her card was duplicated over a week ago and someone withdrew money somewhere in Manhattan from her our account. The bank blocked the card after the 2nd and 3rd try. However we were still not aware of it because TD Bank has never advised us on that!! Why you don't advise your customer of a serious incidence??? So this fraudulent activity occurred and we realised that days after while checking our account statement by chance. If we haven't realised that issue how we are supposed to take measure and also get back our money?

Later on we called TD Bank and they asked us to get a police report. Same thing had happened me appx 10 years ago with another bank and I was never asked a police report. Because since bank was the aware of the issue they had figured out all this process themselves with the police. However TD Bank asked for it but that's okay. We walked in a police station and managed it with an inspector. However now TD bank is asking us to get the hard copy of the police report and fax it or take it to an branch... According to police this will take roughly 2 weeks. I checked with some friends and colleagues who had the same issue and none of them went through this process. Actually even polices itself was surprised saying "why bank can't manage it with the police report number"... TD Banks is not a good customer service while the other banks are handling the issue themselves and not making their customers lose a lot time.

Also just checked today with TD Bank if there is a way to set a limit for withdrawing money or getting a kind of approval text message to avoid those kind of fraudulent issues but nothing!! There is no way to stop someone to withdraw money from my bank account if it is duplicated or so... How am I supposed to. My personal experience with TD bank was good so far with 7 days open branch next to my place however this incidence changed my idea. They basically failed and absolutely security measures are not enough.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TD Ameritrade?

I have two rental units in Windsor. Upper Unit tenant moved out April 1, 17. Lower Unit tenant Jason moved to Upper Unit April 1, 17. New tenant David moved in Lower Unit April 1, 17. Jason who used to rent lower unit has set up pre-authorized direct deposit for $625/month for past 2 years. On Feb. 6, 17, Jason brought me a new pre-authorized direct deposit form with his signature, new rent amount of $875/month and starting date of April 1, 17 on it. He also paid $250 in cash for new last month rent of $875 (He paid $625 in cash as last month rent two years ago when he moved in lower unit). On same day (Feb. 6, 17), new lower unit tenant David brought me his pre-authorized direct deposit form with his signature, rent amount of $650/month and starting date of May 1, 17 on it. He paid $1300 in cash at same time for his first and last month rent (first month is April 1,17).

On the same day (Feb. 6, 17), I brought 2 forms and $1550 in cash to TD bank and processed the direct deposit set up and deposit the cash. On April 1, 17, I checked on TD bank website and found out there is a $625 direct deposit NOT $875. So I went to TD bank the other branch the same day and talked to a front desk lady. She went online changed the amount from $625 to $875 for me effective May 1, 17. She suggested me to go knock on door and ask my tenant to give me $250 balance.

On April 1, 17 the same day, I went to the branch where I originally processed the forms with. I talked to the front desk gentleman about this hoping they can solve this for me. He asked me for copy of the record. I lost all the papers. So I asked if I can get the copy of the record from bank. He said yes. After he talked to the manager about this. The manager came out and told me there is no record in the bank. I was surprised that a bank can easily lose the record. I now have trust issue with TD bank.

On April 2, 17 I called TD bank customer service hoping they would help me out. They told me they will send this issue to their head office and s.b. will call me in a couple of days. Today is April 5, 17. I received a call from TD Bank head office. A lady did speak with me. She asked me if I have record. I said I lost them. She said TD bank cannot have record if I don't have them. She also ask me to bring the record to TD bank if I have them. Otherwise, she will cancel all the pre-authorized payment. Same time, she said my behavior in one of the branches on April 1, 17 was not acceptable. What a unfair harassment!

I have a complicated issue but it will be kept short.The way they supposedly help you with checking and debit card problems is not even worth it. Especially if someone used your card and banking information to hack your account. I was in this problem with them. I signed an affidavit with them because it was the first step to dealing with the fraud. I also had them file over the police report. What they also failed to do was tell me that I would have to pay the fees and the interest adding up even when you pay what you owe. They also do not know how to investigate bank fraud. They also seem to be on the side of those who commit the fraud against your account.

When they were Commerce Bank they would alert you of anything that compromised your account. They would temporarily close it and work with you to pay it off. Since they became TD they have changed their way of dealing with customers. Especially in the fraud section. They are aware that in this time in which we live the vicious things that are being done to obtain information and damage peoples accounts but they do not care at all. They are only worried about their shareholders. They possibly may even be in cahoots with those who commit fraud and not say anything to them.

In my case I did make my effort and I did pay them off but it was not enough. They closed the new account they opened for me. The person who spoke to me was harsh and hateful to me. I want to sue and make this be known to them because I am not going to go away and I will fight to save my name. Because you don't know what TD can do if they hate you for making an unwise mistake.

I keep getting harassing calls for months. I had switched my number to a new one. I wanted a different area code. I had their client Alberto old number. I have told them this 50+ times. I am not him. This is my number. They do not care and have stressed me, woken me, I work 12 hour days. I do not understand why companies can harass people who are not their customer! This bank is the worst bank ever. They do not care about people and do what they want to do and have no regulations or rules for their employees to follow, unless they say keep calling even if that person is not them. No one changes phone numbers in their stupid world. I paid to change my number not them!

The CEO needs to get a clue and do something about this! You have only calling centers for your HQ in NJ, what? I cannot get my issues resolved since November 2016. I am not Alberto. TD Bank needs to close its doors and let real businesses take of people. You guys are incapable of deleting a phone number from your computer! A 3 year old could. I am sick of their harassment! I am going to fight back and sue them! You have the worst customer satisfaction ever.

This truly has been a terrible experience. I had my accounts frozen and all my items bounced like insurance car payment and rent. I have been in the branch consistently for three weeks and I mean almost all the banks in Cambridge of TD. I have spoken with every branch manager and many many managers at all the branches. Still after being assured no more problems occur they continue daily. I've called front department daily as well cause the branch can't deal with anything. It has come to the point where the front people have told me not to call cause it's the branch they need to speak with. But yet still cannot use my account.

I spoke with branch manager and she assured me they would credit me for all the bounced payments and did not want me to close account. This was a week and a half ago. And still can't even use debit. I have spent 500 plus on cabs and I wait at the branch for hrs at a time on the phone... Just ridiculous. This is my main account where my payroll goes in and other forms of my pay and they treat me like a criminal. This is truly the worst bank. I have RBC and CIBC and they are amazing. Bank with anyone other than them.

I am the very loyal customer of TD from last 17 years. Although I always appreciate their service as most of their branches provided excellent customer service. Last week I badly need money as I am jobless nowadays, so withdraw some money from my RRSP private account and company provided a cheque. I go to Matheson Blvd Mississauga (1275) branch to deposit. The teller Paul said that I need to discuss with my Manager as this cheque is coming from other Bank and he needs some advice from his Manager. He came back that it will take 5 business days when I am able to use this money, I explain to him that I need this money immediately and "I am quite a customer. Can you please make it possible."

He called his Manager Mark and explain him about my request. But Mr. Mark is very blunt and he mentions that he cannot help. I will get access to money after 5 days. Although today 3 days already gone and I still not able to withdraw my own money. My bills that need to pay to get delayed and I get some penalty as well due to delay payment. I am really surprised how these banking system treating the working class although they are running on our deposits and the interest we are paying. I really want they should bring some humility in their services instead of just 2+2=4.

For a small business, this bank is horrific and has degraded through the years. The online banking is NEVER accurate so there's no way to keep track of your finances. I was actually instructed by customer service to use my checkbook but I write one check a month, all the rest is online banking!!! They also hold large checks for longer than one day and play with the $100 advance from checks at their will, both of which caused me to go into overdraft and get hit with $175 in fees, even though a $25K check is in their bank and I've been told yesterday and today it will clear tomorrow so we shall see. Going into a branch is worse, two of three people have no idea how to do things you need done so you have to go back or endure wasting your time, which leads me to number 3. Their on hold time on the phone has tripled, it's never 5 or 10 minutes but always 20 to 30 (or longer). I'm looking for a new bank.

TD Bank charges $7.00 to cash their own check! My agency recently switched from Republic Bank to TD. I'll never understand why! I patronized Republic for 2 yrs and never had a problem. Republic doesn't charge to cash their own checks. TD opens later and charges! I hope my agency goes back to the much classier bank.

Now, I'm all for testing the waters and hanging on when things are bad. But, I've had it quite up to here with TD Bank. I had $180 in my checking not accounting for my savings which has some parts to this whole thing I'm about to go into. I made transactions that totaling to $73.45. With pending transactions you must wait until they pend.

Now I got paid as well and transferred $100 to my savings which gives me a balance of now $146.55 accounting for the deposit. I then had to buy an Uber from the airport which was $20.22 adding onto the pending of $93.67. Now I'm not mathematician but deducting that from $146.55 would not cause me to go into an overdraft of nothing. I didn't use my card since I came back from the vacation I was on... then what do you know I had -$17.46 in my account. HOW?! I speak to a representative and he's trying to explain how pending transactions work like I'm stupid when I write down everything.

So I then transfer money from my savings to my checking. By now the pending transactions cleared on my account. Left with $3 and like clockwork another overdraft fee and THE SAME transactions came up when they were just cleared. Idk what TD is doing but they owe me money. Absolutely horrible customer service. I am clearing this up in person and I am closing the account soon.

This is a terrible bank. I will not recommended to anyone. They scammed my money and left me with a collection balanced. I opened a checking account online with TD Bank with $100. After a few weeks, I found out that they started charging me for all these weird fees that I didn't sign up for. First, they charged me a "Paper Statement" fee, then a monthly maintenance fee. When I checked my account balance online, I was only left with $24!! **!! I contacted the customer service to close my account, but they refused by telling me that my balance needs to be $0 in order for them to close my account. I was out of the country with limited internet access at the time, so I decided I will resolve the issue when I'm back in the United States. So when I returned home after 3 months out of the country, I found all these collections letter from TD Bank saying that I owe a $21 balance... a double **!!

I called the customer service again asking what's going on, they transferred me to all these different departments because no one knew how to resolve this issue. So finally someone from the Collections Department told me that I had to go to a branch to close my account. When I arrive to the branch, the first thing that they asked if I want to pay my $21 balance. I explained to them that I don't owe them anything and have asked many times to close my account. The woman at the bank refused to issue me a refund and telling me the reason they can't close my account until it's $0 balance because it's good customer service for them to present the closed account check to their customer IN PERSON!! I can't believe my ears! I lost all my money that I used to open the account, Plus, I owe them $21 after TD Bank refused to close my account. WHAT A SCAM!! THIS PLACE SUCKS, DO NOT OPEN AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM.

First: There's a promo online, meet the requirements and there's a bonus. Well I couldn't do it online which is required, so I went into a branch. They had to get approval. They didn't tell me that the direct deposit has to be minimum $2500. Second: Next day added wife on account for joint. She couldn't be added because another customer had her social. Took days to clear this up. So this other customer, TD didn't check her SS card for verification. Third: Deposited a bank check for a large sum. It was on hold for almost 2 weeks. I had funds in my savings to cover it, plus the manager could have moved it along, she didn't. Fourth: The TD Bank App doesn't work correctly. Your CC may show up there, but you have to log in separately for CC. In general, transactions are delayed in all accounts.

TD BANK on 94th Broadway, NY, NYC is the worst of them all. So unprofessional. I went to cash a check with a lady named ** who attended to me and it ended up being a living nightmare. She decided to go to her desk, have me stand there, and wait for 30 minutes near the teller area. I didn't even know why I was waiting so long. Comes to find out is she wanted to review the TD Bank check. She ended up calling the person who gave me the check five times which is unreal. I never seen anything like it and since the person didn't pick up the phone she contacted Fraud services and then froze the person's account. Only because the person didn't pick up the phone so I finally went to her desk to see what the problem was and she told me that I cannot contact the person who gave me the check myself, she has to contact the person... who is she to tell me what to do??

That's when I said "what in the world is going on? Am I being racially profiled?" She made me feel like a criminal and I plan to report this to the general manager and to everyone that I know about this horrible experience I received from TD Bank. The person ended up calling the bank to speak to her to find out what her problem was? She said nothing and send him to call customer service after she froze the account, and send him to call fraud services. Once I left the bank I made a 3-way call with the bank and the person who gave me the check and the person from the bank agreed that she handled this very wrong. All she had to do was cash the signed check. I plan to continue to speak with managers to report her. There was need to do this. I ended up cashing the check at Chase Bank which handled it very professionally with a smile and I plan to close my TD Bank account 1st thing.

Never in my life have I gone through such difficult time to cash a simple check. Beware of this bank and beware of **. She likes to make customers lives difficult for no reason. Maybe she was bored. She didn't even smile. It was like she was so miserable working there at TD Bank. She did all that for nothing. Chase Bank wins as usual...

TD Bank not business-friendly. Today, my online account was frozen for the second time in a month. I called the 800# which was answered in a couple of minutes only to be told they had to transfer me to the 'business' department. That phone rings and is answered by a voice mail telling me the wait is at least 35 minutes. WTF??? The first time this happened, it was a 20 minute wait. TD Bank does not value their business customers. Business owners do not have the luxury of waiting over a half hour for a phone call to be answered. And TD Bank doesn't give you an option to leave your phone number to have someone call you back. Looks like I will be opening another checking account at Chase. They have their priorities in the right place.

I was with TD Bank going on Seven years until February 7, 2017. Since I was with them my checking account was hacked three times and neither times did TD Bank inform me. When I first opened my account on two separate occasions they took $35 for no reason only to say "we're sorry we will refund your account back". That was my sign to close the account then but I gave them another chance only to have their Fraud department fail me three times and not inform me of transactions that they canceled but still didn't notify me of.

But this last time a charge from Texas went through my account and I'm in Florida but since they're "back in department" as one of the store manager's puts it I have to wait until the investigation is completed which takes 10 business. So whatever bills or rent I had to pay with my money who cares. I have to wait the whole 10 business. What's the point of having a Fraud department if they do not notify the customers of fraudulent transactions happening to our accounts. Good thing I am the type of customer who check my accounts often because if I left it up to the bank to tell me I would be fighting in court for charges that are not mine. I'm so over TD Bank. I can't wait for them to credited my account back so I can closed this account once and for all.

I was calling 1888-751-9000 to check my big payment to credit card came through. It is usually takes 1 min through automatic system. The guy was asking too many questions and was really unprofessional. I was asking about manager and he put me on hold for 22 min and then my phone die. I will never call them again...

TD is STEALING our money!!! NOBODY said they could HOLD It for 7 days! They steal $30 a month in "service fees." DO NOT USE THIS "bank!" Their job is to cash our cheques and give us our money! Not hold it for no reason! It's the same company I have received cheques from for the past 5 years! TD CANADA Trust is not trustworthy - They are THIEVES!!! Plus they support DAPL.... So I'm DONE with you evil corporate crooks!

I have a joint investment account at TD Wealth. I want to move my investment to another institution and TD Wealth Legal department refuses to let me have my money!!! They are holding my account and money hostage. TD wants to dictate to me how to use my money and will not release my funds to me! Now I have to get lawyers involved and spend money on fighting for my own money!!! They think they are God. I say they are cowards trying to control others people's lives. This is a true story! Don't use this evil institution. They will try to take away your rights!

I have been a TD customer for 24 years. I don't like the fees either, but they are stellar when it comes to fraud. Someone somehow wrote a check on my account with no addressee and it went through. TD removed the check within 5 minutes. Another payment bounced because of this and they removed the fee. Ten years ago someone was to wire $7,000 from a university in England. After 3 weeks of waiting I canceled the arrangement. Two weeks later TD called to say that someone was trying to get $7,000 out of my account and I didn't lose a nickel.

TD Bank is truly a great bank. I have a student checking and savings and they are great and best of all the customer service is excellent and if that's not good enough they have someone there 24/7...an actual human if something goes wrong with your account. Thanks TD for providing excellent banking during hours and after hours. 24/7. It truly is America's Most Convenient Bank. 5 star for sure! I would recommend it!

I deposited a cheque from Ivari (TransAmerica). The cheque was for a withdrawal under Financial Hardship. Was informed they put a hold on funds for a week 5 business days not including day of deposit. I have been with TD in Keswick, Newmarket 20+ years, paid off mortgage, never bounced a cheque. Last year got full access to funds immediately when I deposited to BMO. Keep a small amount of funds there. Subsequently my cable has been disconnected. That takes up to 1 week for reconnection plus $500.00 deposit delays dental work I am desperately need. Could go on & on. Very disappointed. Was always an advocate for TD. ONCE CHEQUE CLEARS I WILL BE CLOSING THIS ACCOUNT.

I opened a checking account with TD Bank and had my job set direct deposit. My job takes about 2 weeks to set up direct deposit so I received a paper paycheck. The check was deposited by mobile banking on 1/5/17 and it's a government check as I work for the government. I checked repeatedly for when the check would clear and saw it was on hold. I called the bank and was told it's routine for checks to be held up to 10 business days for new account holders. Yesterday 1/12/17 it was still on hold and I received a letter from TD Bank dated 1/6/17. The letter states that my check will be held up to 6 business days because they have confidential information the check will not be paid.

What a discrepancy in information as the check is a local State check, my biweekly pay check. One minute it's routine and next it's due to confidential information from the TD bank US Fraud Ops. Either way I am closing my account as soon as I can. My job has put money in the account to test the direct deposit so I will get paid on 1/19/17. The paper check will be released tonight 1/13/17 and available 1/17/17 because 1/16/17 is a holiday. I have never experienced sure poor banking and I thought it would have been a good choice because I used to have my car loan with them. Terrible experience. Will never use again.

Had an amount deposited in my account and the next day it was gone because they told me I had an outstanding debt 6 years ago and took it without asking first or trying a debt settlement technique with me.

I opened this account in the end of October and closed it first week of January. When I opened it I was supposed to get a 300.00 bonus after depositing 2500.00 and thus, would be used as a new savings account. I guess I chose the wrong kind of account and didn't qualify for the bonus. They never tried to retain my business by helping me fix the problem. I had to pay fees to close the account and get my money back 12.00. What a waste. Who doesn't try to retain a customer? Very rude customer service. Waste of my time.

First, I do want to say the customer service rep and supervisor were polite. I called TD Bank because a few years ago when I began my credit card account I made some purchases and also transferred a balance from a different credit card. I have not used this card in a long, long time and have consistently paid in more than the minimum for a long, long time. I am being charged SEPARATE interest rate amounts for the purchases and transfer balance, to the tune of over $80 in interest per month. In a nutshell my balance reduces very little each month. They would not reduce my interest rate and didn't seem to mind at all when I suggested I would cancel the card. There should be something that the government or a governing agency could control as far as ripping off the public with such ridiculous interest rates!!

I purchased furniture through Schneiderman's Furniture store. They set up two separate payments. I was only checking the statements online, which only showed minimum amount due. I divided the payment into 12 month. After I paid all of it and the account showed, $0.00 owed. A month later, they said I was about $5 short for larger payment and therefore needed to pay all the interest! I refused to pay. I had a credit score of 770, now it is 660 and they continue to report that I am not paying on time.

When my (now husband) and I decided to get married, we figured having a completely separate account from the ones we bank with daily would be perfect for saving up for our wedding. Out of sight, out of mind sort of thing. We opened an account with no hassles (although opening an account here literally took almost 3 hours of our time, which I thought was odd but in any case)... So over the course of our engagement, we didn't use TD for anything but writing checks and making deposits to the account.

We didn't use our cards nor pay any bills through the bank. After the wedding, we started merging everything into one bank and figured since we already had this as our joint account, to use it for everything. As soon as we used it for more than just saving money is when all the problems we have had started happening. For starters, NOBODY explained to us that they would take a monthly "fee" of $25 and transfer it to the savings we have connected to the checking. Ok fine.

What they don't tell you is they charge you to then transfer the money BACK should you need it. I don't know if it's just our account, or if this is a thing across the boards. You are only allowed a certain amount of transfers as well, which is terrible because my old bank allowed unlimited transfers. That was the first problem. Second problem is they take out money DAYS after things have been pending. It literally takes our grocery shopping trips almost 4 days to clear.

When I called the bank and asked they stated it was because they submit everything at the END of the business day. So the establishment doesn't get the request to take out the money until the FOLLOWING day. They told me to avoid this to use our pin. Ok, well we did and it STILL took almost 3 days for the charge to clear. My old bank (why did I switch again?) would literally show the money taken out the same day and you would know your balance right away.

Third problem. I set up to have overdraft protection just in case for some odd reason it ever happens. Well, it happened. (Same time we found out about how it takes days for things to clear and your "available balance" may not always be your real balance.) Anyways, we went over our account by about $20. No big deal, it happens. Well, even though you enroll in overdraft protection and they take the money from your savings, they charge you $10 to do this!!! So that $20 just turned into $30. Not a big deal, but those little fees could really add up. When I called and inquired about this as well it was sort of a "too bad" kind of situation. Unbelievable. If I go over by $20, take the $20 and leave it at that.

Fourth problem (does it ever end?). I didn't realize the $100 minimum balance until we started using the bank for everyday things. Sure, we don't deplete our account to $1, but if I have money and I need it, I'm going to spend it or pay for things. If you go under $100 in one statement cycle they charge you $15! So essentially, you are being charged for a bank to hold YOUR money. So if you look at it from a consumers point of view, there is $100 that you can never really spend unless you only want to have $85 of that because they take their fee. I, for one, am not going to allow a bank to charge me to hold my money. Sorry, next.

Today was the last straw for me. I used TD's Bill Pay (what a joke). At my old bank, when you would pay a bill they would immediately take the money out. No wait time, no waiting for the check to clear nothing. TD does not offer that. You need to wait until the check is cleared before money is taken out which can be quite annoying. I sent out a bill to be delivered on 12/29. It is now 1/6 and the company still hasn't received payment. I called TD and asked to stop the payment. Instead of being handled through my local bank, I needed to call a different number. Ok, because I have all the time in the world to do this.

Anyways. I called the customer service number they gave me. I told the lady I needed to stop payment on this check because it says it was delivered yet nobody has received it yet. (Now, I have NEVER had a problem in the 4 years I've been paying this particular bill ever with my old bank. They would send it out, it was received next day, perfect. Ever since I switched this bill to TD it's been received days after it was supposed to be and takes WEEKS to clear from the account which can be annoying waiting.)

The lady then informs me to stop payment it will cost me $30!! $30 to literally cancel a check. This was the last straw for me. As soon as I am out of work, my husband and I will be going down to TD, taking the rest of our money out and canceling both of our accounts with them and alerting anybody that wants to us TD to think otherwise. We figured it would be easy having an already joint account to just pull everything together, but it's actually cost us money over the course of the 3 months after our wedding we have been using it.

I will be going back to my original bank with my husband with FREE bill pay, FREE transfers, FREE accounts and NO minimum balance. TD is an absolute joke, and their slogan "America's most convenient bank" is literally laughable. The only thing good about this bank is the hours, and you couldn't pay me enough to keep banking with them if you tried.

Compare Banks & Credit Unions