TD Bank and TD Banknorth
1.18/5
Based on 147 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Get expert advice Hire a pro
Answer a few questions to find a great financial advisor. Compare the top 3 fiduciary financial advisors near you.
FIND MY ADVISOR

TD Bank

704 TD Bank and TD Banknorth Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 19, 2018

TD Bank has unacceptable hold times to exceed 30 minutes no matter when you call. So be prepared to call when you are not at work and put aside a large chunk of your time to WAIT. They don't allow you to add accounts to online banking, you have to call and WAIT for them to do something they could allow you to do yourself.

Original review: June 10, 2018

No reason was given and 60 days reply by automated system was vaguely promised. The result will be CUB CADET will never get a sale from me again and will be told exactly why. Neither seem to care much, and now neither do I.

Get expert buying tips about Online Brokers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I sent an international wire for a large amount and it never arrived at the bank it was sent to. TD Bank says they've tried to reach them and got no reply. TD tells me it's my responsibility to contact the bank in India to get my money back. How is that??? It's supposed to be the bank's job to handle and or transfer my money in a secure fashion. I was told by two different bank officers that after 30 days my money would be refunded to my account regardless, but as the 30 day mark approached they changed the story telling me they would not be responsible for the money they lost.

Original review: May 27, 2018

We would like to share with fellow senior citizens a very upsetting, depressing and disgusting experience in dealing with the staff of the TD branch at 5991 No. 3 Rd in Richmond, BC. My wife and I each had a GIC with a maturity date of April 21, 2018. We went into that branch on April 18, 2018 to see a representative to inform him we didn’t want to renew them on maturity. Since he is not too familiar with GICs, he asked another representative to coach him on the side. Once again we told her (the first guy introduced her to us as a GIC specialist) we didn’t want these GICs to be automatically renewed.

Next thing we knew, she started showing the first guy how to cash it for us and telling us the proceeds would be credited to our chequing account. Right at that moment, I asked her if there is a penalty for cashing it early. The answer was NO so we said, "Why not." As a matter of fact, we expected to receive the full amount (principal plus accrued interest) minus three days’ interest for cashing it early.

Later that day when I checked our account on our home computer and found the interest we earned was $39.86 x 2 = $79.72 instead of $260.27 x 2 = $520.54 as indicated on the Confirmation of Investment we received from TD when the GICs were purchased online. So “NO PENALTY” means a devastating whopping $440.82 ($520.54 minus $79.72). A huge amount for seniors who are on pension. She must think we are too old to do simple arithmetic. We made an appointment to see the first guy to voice our concern a few days later. His answer was “Sorry we can’t do anything” after talking to the SPECIALIST. She didn’t even have the courage to come out to face us. So we asked to speak to someone higher up. A lady came out to see us. Instead of rectifying the mistake made by her staff, she kept challenging us, then saying we must have signed a form that authorized this transaction.

What bother us most is why didn’t the so called SPECIALIST point out to us or warn us cashing it 3 days before maturity would cost us a big chunk of the accrued interest. It was NOT our intention to cash them early anyway. When we asked to see the form, she said they already filed it away and it would take several days to retrieve it. She jotted down our phone number and said “We will call you”. Nobody called after more than two weeks. Why couldn’t she just say "Too bad. So sad." right there to save us from more misery. Ever since, we are scared to go into that branch, fearing there may be other pitfalls we could step into. We have been loyal customers with TD for over 30 years since we lived in Toronto. People always reminded us senors be more vigilant, be careful not to be taken advantage of. Shame on us for trusting one of the big 5 banks in Canada for so long. Thank you TD for teaching us a great but costly lesson.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I have had checking, savings, home equity accounts at various times with this institution. Also have used many free customer services. Never a problem.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TD Ameritrade?

Original review: May 24, 2018

On MARCH 29th of this year TD Bank had a promotion on the internet. Open a checking account $25, and maintain $25 a month no maintenance fee. I SIGNED UP. In April everything went fine. They didn't charge me a maintenance fee. Today is May 28th I noticed there's a $5.99 maintenance fee. I called the customer service department. They apologize. They waive the $5.99 fee but they said they can't guarantee me that I won't have to pay it next month. I asked him what happened to the promo. The representative said he couldn't find the promo that I signed up with. I challenged him that was false advertisement on the part of TD Bank. I hope this goes public can I hope that nobody else. Get screwed over by them. I will be reporting this to the federal authorities. And close my account with them.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Have been with TD for 4 years, now I have to leave. The reason is that overdraft was not waived and business specialist supervisor was rude. I called around 12:10 pm eastern time on May 16th, 2018. Now I hate you guys. Don't wanna do business at all. Plus, I can put more than 5 bad experienced reviews on other websites, starting from Trustpilot also.

Original review: May 16, 2018

My TD Visa Infinite card was declined thrice today. It caused me immense humiliation as I was doing the transaction in a car workshop. I had rung up the call centre to find reason for declining the transaction. The reason provided was I used wrong PIN thrice. But the same PIN was used two days back and accepted for $496. Neither there was a message that I had used wrong PIN, it showed transaction declined. Nor I received a call, that three wrong attempts have made to use the card!! When I rung up the call centre and asked to speak to the supervisor, the agent disconnected the call. I rung up the call centre again, to be connected to supervisor. The agent who took the call, got all the background and said will warm transfer the call. I waited 37 minutes with nobody responding. Alas, that is TD Visa Infinite customer service!!!

Original review: May 11, 2018

I have always been treated so well and when I call I am never put on hold. They are friendly and always suggest ways to save money. They also suggested a better money market account.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I have been banking with TD Bank for approximately two years and I can confidentially say I have been through every imaginable problem with them. For one, customer service sucks and they make no effort to improve it whatsoever. Secondly they are constantly having problems with their online banking that it's hard to get things done when I need to. This should not be happening especially with such a "convenient bank." I had a WAY better experience while at Chase and Citi and I regret closing my accounts with them for this trash.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Today I went to the ATM machine to withdraw money and found out my balance was in the negative. I was surprised even though I know I paid bills over the weekend and went shopping. I was surprised because I had two separate deposits over 3000 dollars that should have more than covered my expenses. I transferred over 50 dollars to get out of the negative and later checked the online banking. There was no record of my paycheck deposit last Thursday. I immediately called TD Bank 1888 number.

After about a 30 minute phone call, mostly waiting on hold for answers, I was told to find my receipt and bring it to the bank because there is no record of your deposit!!! Now I have to prove that I put money in the bank! What is even more upsetting is that this isn't the first time this happened at the same branch. How does your paycheck get lost at the bank!!? The bank is now closed and so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what they tell me next. The good thing is each time this has happened I was able to find my deposit receipts. I'm afraid if you lose this piece of evidence. The bank will take your money and say oh well!

Original review: April 27, 2018

I have been trying to get them to stop charging me 1.00 paper fees for 2 bleeping months! I have been in the office twice, I have been on the computer, I have been on the phone. And the 15.00 maintenance fee!!! I have been in there twice to deposit money and been assured I would not be charged the maintenance fee again and still it happens. Then it drops below the minimum amount and they charge me again. I am closing my checking account and bringing my savings account to the minimum needed to keep a safe deposit box until I find another bank with a safe deposit box! 60.00 for nothing!

Original review: April 25, 2018

I opened a checking account with TD Bank to ensure separation of my daughter's college savings money, from our family's daily living monies in our Bank of America checking account. But in just a few months with TD Bank, I have experienced: TD Bank NOT granting consumers live, personalized, pro-consumer services, as falsely advertised on TV. TD Bank unscrupulously getting consumers to keep up monthly, automatic deposits, despite consumers stating to TD Bank that they have changed their minds about wanting such transfers to continue. And TD Bank unscrupulously selling monthly fees checking accounts to consumers who open TD accounts online!

When I call/e-mail TD Bank, I get slow, ineffective service. I wait two of more business days for ineffective, written replies And telephone reps merely state I MUST arrange to cancel/stop my monthly, transferred deposits from BOA! I was told only I can somehow figure out how to stop my plans for certain amounts to transfer monthly from my BOA account into my TD account. NO TD Bank representative may make these changes! Yeah, right.

And when I called regarding never receiving some TD checks that I ordered in December 2017, I just got stupid e-mails about, yes, their files show my checks order was made, and yes, their system also shows those checks go mailed to me! And when I visited my nearest TD branch in Nutley NJ (Franklin Avenue) yesterday, I waited about ONE HOUR to finally "resolve" my never-received checks issue. A friendly, smart, pretty greeter welcomed me, learned of my checks not being received, and turned me over to another worker who also heard my no-checks-received complaint. The two of them decided I should get refunded for the never-received checks, only for their TD phone contact to tell them no, I can't get refunded since I took too long to bring the issue to TD's attention! I guess my online and phone calling complaints never registered!

So, the male worker closed my old account, since the female greeter realized I should not possibly get defrauded by whoever might have gotten my checks. I got no refund for that old checks order, and the male worker said I could go ahead with some other online checks order that I made this month (after realizing I REALLY will need checks on May 19th, when I will register my daughter into her college of choice). But I told the male worker, "Forget about it," since I was angered by NOT getting a refund for the old order, and for expecting to nonetheless just pay more money for the April checks order!

But as I drove away, I had to sarcastically smile. Yes, I was screwed with my never-received-checks. But that male worker got me out of the TD online practice of me having to pay $5-something-per-month for my old checking account. The worker told me, as he worked for an hour on my issue(s) that as he was transferring my funds from that old account to a new account, he saw that I had a high enough balance to actually open a no-monthly maintenance fees account! That no-monthly-fees account was NOT emphasized as I opened my TD account online! So I had ended up opening that $5-something-a-month-maintenance-fees checking account! So, I got screwed with my personal checks order, but at least I won't need to incessantly pay that $5-something per month... God, UNLESS I again, won't be able to cancel my automatic monthly $6 transfer from BOA to TD! Please, wish me luck!!!

Original review: April 22, 2018

Living between London and New York and having run my company with over 300 staff for 35 years, mainly in London, I decided to slow down and moved to NYC for longer periods. I was advised (sadly) to use "TD BANK... A modern bank with a modern approach I was told". I opened my accounts with TD Bank, and to NO fault of my own, my accounts were hacked and used in China. TD (allegedly) FROZE my accounts so that I could not withdraw a penny, they also seem to have "allegedly" told my credit card companies.

Thank goodness for American Express who kept me going whilst I eventually managed to withdraw all my money (six figures cash) and open up an account with another bank. I won't put the name of the bank out of pure litigation. The icing on the cake was an employee in TD Bank NYC Manhattan, who had been merely working to save up some money, and told me the inside story of the bank and how they offered this that and the other to start off with, late opening hours and all the smiley faces. Now they close early and the staff obviously have the enthusiasm of a slug, and I don't blame them. After 40 odd years I'd say run for your lives. Pity really, we just opened a company all the way down the East Coast with my son, employing some 1500 people. Disgraceful and immoral. N.B. The person I chatted to in the so called bank has now moved on, and opened up his own company. Good luck to him.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I have had my account with TD for over a year. Have never missed a payment and only have had one late payment (literally by one day). I purchased some new items with my TD card In April. In March I paid my normal bill plus a little over, not knowing what my new amount was. I got a late payment in the mail a few days ago saying my payment was missing $3 dollars and they were charging me a late fee of $38!!! I called the customer service and talked to two different supervisors (after being on hold over ten minutes each) who basically told me, that was too bad and nothing they/will can do about it! Very dissatisfied and will be returning the items back to the store to get it off this finance account.

Original review: April 13, 2018

There's so many issues I have with TD Bank, but Oh-my-God!!! I CANNOT TAKE entering the single-use code every single time I'm trying to check my account, this is ANNOYING and the dumbest idea they could have ever come up with. Why not one passcode for you to put in every single time, no one has time to wait on a text... and on top of that if you use someone else's phone you're out of luck. I was at Walmart trying to pay for service on my car when my phone died trying to check my account for my mom's phone. I couldn't even check it due to this dumb single-use code. Please deactivate this, it is annoying ** out of me. I can't wait to leave this Bank.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I brought 1750 Euros to TD Bank to wire transfer to Italy. The clerk, Howard **, told me he will get me the same rate to change to Euros for transfer. I then agreed because I don't need to pay extra CAD. When everything is almost done then he told me the rate has gone up so I have to pay extra which is $185.75. I then asked why he said he can give me the same rate and the answer is "I SAID I WILL TRY TO GIVE YOU THE SAME RATE". I think everyone knows buying and selling is never the same rate. I look like a fool. He should never say giving me the same rate which is impossible at the same day but it is possible for some other time. This is a lesson to other people and a good lesson for TD Bank clerks' training.

Original review: April 9, 2018

Terrible accessibility to customer service via phone. Painfully and unreasonably long hold times. Often 20-60 minutes plus. Don’t bother going to a branch because they have to call the same customer service number as you do. Going back to Citibank.

Original review: April 9, 2018

If you bank with TD bank, take your money and run, seriously!! Day 13 of my fraud case (only 6 for them since I had to wait two days to file my dispute and they only count business days). Someone got my debit card # (while it was still in my possession) and charged 10 transactions for $99 each and four more for various amount close to $90. The bank did not catch this or flag it as fraud, I did, the same day. I called immediate, and the charges were still pending, so I was hoping they would be able to stop them, but they said they couldn't. They said they would have to wait for them to go through, and then I could file a dispute.

It took two days for the charges to clear before I could file, and by this time I have other transactions that had gone through so I had started to get overdraft fees. I have several bills that come out automatically at the beginning of the month, and I could not stop them, so now I am up to $500 in overdraft fees. On Friday I talked to a very rude supervisor from TD that told me that if the investigation was resolved in my favor, I should see something by this Friday but nothing before that. In my favor? As if they are questioning whether or not it's fraud? I then talked to PayPal who sent me a letter confirming the fraudulent charges and stated that they will be returning the money to my account. I was told by someone in the dispute department at TD that if I faxed the letter over, I would have a credit in 1 to 2 days.

I called today to follow up to make sure they got the fax, etc. I talked to a very nice girl who was actually empathetic, but couldn't answer my questions. I was then transferred to the fraud department (another 15 min hold), who said they had no information about the letter and did not know why I was told I would get the money back any sooner. She said they "have to" wait the 10 business days, and IF the case is closed "in my favor" I would get the money returned.

When I first filed the dispute I was told it should only take 3-5 business days, then 7-10 days, and now I am being told they have to wait the full 10 days, even with a letter from PayPal that says the charges are indeed fraud (which they can't confirm if they have or not). I have called there almost every day, and the agent told me she only shows notes from the original day of my dispute and from Friday (but not notes about the letter). I have talked to two supervisors at two different times, and apparently there aren't any notes from them either.

I know fraud happens, but they way that they are treating me as a customer, making me feel like I am the criminal, and all of the different answers I have been given is ridiculous. Their hold music is also psychological torture, so that by the time you talk to someone you are ready to lose your religion. At this point I am not sure if I will ever use a debit card again.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I called their customer care for unblock my debit card payment to rebtel.com. I called them first time around 2 pm. After waiting 25 minutes even they said waiting time 20 minutes executive said she unblocked my card. Okay hang up then I tried again to pay rebtel.com around midnight 11.30 pm same day but same msg. Rebtel says my card declined by issuer so called again waited 30 minutes with phone. No one response then I hang up. Now who is responsible for this? Is this you call service!!!! I attached pic of my waiting time duration with them...

Original review: April 8, 2018

In December 2017 I lost my debit card and someone used it to go buy lots of stuffs and I called in and report my card stolen, and report the fraud so they got back to me saying that the transaction happened between valid and invalid transaction so for they can’t give me those credit. So I work hard and anybody can just take my card and used it and My bank can’t protect me. Nice.

And on April 7 2018 I came to deposit cash into my account $900 the only money I had on me and was ready to spend my weekend with my daughter and the ATM had problems and couldn’t count my money or return or even give me any credit on my account. I called customer service while at the bank they told me to come the next day to the branch and talk to the manager at 175 Varick St, New York 10014 which I did and Mr ** told me TD Bank workers don’t have access to their own ATM that I have to wait 2 to 5 business days for them to be able to get a technician to come check the ATM and get my money, my money I work For.

It was so frustrating, I was so angry being left out with no money while I have money being hold up by a corporation. This is not fair and it’s very unprofessional that they can’t check the atm record and credit my money to my account. As soon I will get my money I’m suing TD for the emotional and ** up ** they have done to me. Worst bank ever.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I recently went into the TD Bank location at 300 Main St, Nashua, NH and applied for a personal loan in the amount of $10,000. I spoke with the branch manager, Jacob **, who submitted the application to his underwriter. I also showed Jacob my credit scores, which were obtained from the three major agencies; Trans Union, Equifax and Experian. My credit scores from the three were 655,670, and 654.

I received phone call from Jacob yesterday to learn that my loan application had been denied, based on a credit score of 568, according to the underwriter who reviewed my application. I contend that the underwriter's response is prejudicial and completely unfair, given that I had been told by Jacob ** that TD Bank typically approves loans based on scores of 640 or better. The loan was designed to consolidate all of my credit card debt into a single monthly payment of $388/mo for 36 months. For the record, Jacob ** should be commended for his thoughtfulness and compassion in trying to help me achieve my goal of reducing my credit card debt. However, I find it very unfair to be denied credit when my understanding is that TD Bank uses the three credit agencies in their decision.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I am a church treasurer. My name was added to the TD Bank and credit card account. I was suppose to get a credit card with my name on it so I could have online access. It should have arrived in 5-7 business days, but did not. I got a phone number at the branch for credit card services and it was not the right number. I waited on the phone several times because they did not have record that I could speak to them about the account.

It took considerable time to determine that the card was mailed to the church address, but it was never received at the church, so now we start the process again. I paid the credit card bill at the bank online payer site. It was not an electronic payment to their credit card, it was a paper check with the wrong zip code 2 months in a row. I had the correct address on the bill payer site. We had late fees and I have spent about 3 hours trying to resolve all of these issues. I would love to switch banks at this point and we may just do that.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I have been with TD Bank for 14 years. I've had small business loans and checking accounts, personal mortgage and home equity and checking accounts. I'm closing them all. My problems started this year when they simply ended automated transfers on a small business loan and home equity loan. The small business transfer came up with an error so I noticed it but it was near impossible to even make a payment because their phone support is so bad. When I finally did get through to them they told me I had to go in person to the branch to make a payment. Even in the branch it took an hour to make a payment. The home equity loan, a transfer that has been running for at least 5 years simply disappeared. I can see all the past payments but there were no future payment scheduled. This transfer was NOT set up with a limited number of payment.

I didn't notice that this transfer wasn't occurring. I had plenty of money in my account to make the payment. 2 months later I get a letter in the mail saying it’s way past due. I immediately made a payment and sent online messages through the web portal detailing what happened. They put a mark on my credit score (which didn't have a late payment on any account from any company) and took me from 800 to 580. I have contacted them through the web portal repeatedly to resolve this issue and they say the department that handles that will contact me within 3 days. That was over a month ago. Now I'm trying to sell my house and they made an escrow disbursement for property taxes that somehow magically the town has not received. But the money is definitely gone from the escrow account.

I'm on the phone now, on hold after having been transferred 4 times because their phone support is so terrible that I don't think people even know what department handles what. I'm done. I'm closing every account I have with them and advising all of my friends and family to do the same. Their slogan "America's Most Convenient Bank" is an outright lie. My next step is retaining a lawyer to fix the credit issue and suing them for all the time I've had to waste on their incompetency. Clock still ticking on phone call at over 40 minutes.

Original review: April 5, 2018

As I write this, I've been on hold for 40 min. and counting -- and to rub salt in the wounds, a 10-second long music loop plays over and over and OVER again... no way to turn it off and have to keep listening because there's no clue how long it will be before someone answers. This is like some form of torture. Even bad music would be better than this headache-inducing loop.

Someone finally answered at the 45 min. mark. This was a very nice and quite competent agent, to be fair, but she could only sympathize with my complaint, of course. Not that I expected her to be able to fix anything. The reason for my call is that I closed my account months ago when TD closed the only branch near me, and the non-existent account is still linked to my email and cell number whenever someone tries to send money (via Zelle, which is used by most major banks now). She was able to fix it in about 2 minutes. Their greeting says the call will be recorded to ensure "legendary service". Really? I would like to know what executive or group is responsible for the music loop, and who thinks it's okay to put customers on hold for 45 minutes? NOT IMPRESSED!

Original review: March 30, 2018

In the early 2017 I deposited a check in to my checking account in TD Canada. The check was for $3000 and going through my papers just recently I realized there was only $2000 was deposited to my account, I went to the bank and asked them about it and I was told there would be an inquiry about it. Today somebody called me from the bank and told me the matter is closed and they can't do anything about it and it is my fault that I didn't let them know sooner, so for all I know I gave them a check for 3k and they put only 2k in my account, they made a mistake and I have to pay for it, I work very hard for my money, is there anything I can do, please help.

Original review: March 29, 2018

TD Bank charged $1368 in fees after promising twice to stop. TD Bank refused to refund $1368 in maintenance fees they charged improperly for one of four checking accounts I have with them. In 2013 when I first noticed the improper charges, I contacted TD Bank twice and each time they refunded the fees and promised to stop charging those fees. But despite their two promises TD Bank continued to charge the fees.

I visited my local branch in Indian Harbour Beach FL March 12 and left them documents with the improper charges by date and requested a refund. They never replied. So I sent a fax to the local branch manager on March 26. March 27 I got my first reply from the branch but they refused to do the right thing and refund the charges they'd promised to stop twice. And this unreasonable refusal was also despite my maintaining large balances in the other accounts that per TD Bank policies justified no fees on the account that was charged the fees. TD Bank knew this yet continued to break multiple promises and charge me.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Could be the worst bank I ever did business with. Their online business checking account is horrible, I tried ACH money to another bank, I get a pop up that says I have to go into the bank in person. When I get there the banker did not know how to set up my ACH. How about that. If he didn't know who should I go to? Not sure than to wait on hold for a minimum of 30 minutes to get someone to help you. The worst bank I ever seen.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Been on hold for over 30 mins no matter when I call morning, noon or night. Today I was on hold for the 3rd time after 1st time being on hold for 35 mins, the second time 45 mins. Third time 1 hour and 18 mins before a rep said I have to be transferred to another dept. A department for purchase disputes which is not an option in automated system. I asked if I would be on hold more, she said no. Transferred me and I was on hold for another 40 mins. That's 2 damn hours and NO help. No one to file a dispute about a charge I didn't make or authorize. How is that a credit card company protecting my security???

I've been trying for a week to reach them. I can reach the IRS during tax season quicker, and I have called the IRS twice in Feb but less than 30 min wait. This IS on top of a billion mistakes they constantly make. And all I ever hear is, "I'm sorry." I'm sorry but this is the worst company ever. And I have proof (screenshots of how long I was on hold last today) Because it's UNHEARD OF TO WAIT 2 HOURS FOR CUSTOMER REP TO DISPUTE A CHARGE.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I have spent close to two hours being moved from one person to another for a very, very simple request - i.e., "I need to talk to your fraud department." - I have gone through two separate calls where their systems disconnected me. The second call resulted in my being transferred to 5 different people with waiting times from 9 minutes to the longest of 32 minutes (on hold five times) to finally get cut off with no one calling me back. You would be nuts to do business with this bank as any problem you might have will never be resolved - you will never be able to contact the person you need to speak with nor be directed correctly by anyone. All of this is for me to simply have them cancel a fraudulent card I saw on my credit report. If they had a scale with negative stars, I would rate it negative infinity.

TD Ameritrade expert review by Barbara Friedberg

TD Bank is one of the 10 largest U.S. banks. The bank offers retail, small business and commercial banking products and services to more than 8.5 million customers through its approximate 1,300 locations in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida.  TD Bank belongs to TD Bank Group, a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto.

• Accounts and services: TD Bank offers personal banking, small business banking, commercial banking and investing services. The personal banking services and products include checking, saving, credit cards, loans as well as access to investment products.

• Online banking and bill pay: Their electronic services include 24/7 online account access, transfers, person-to-person payments via Popmoney® and bill pay. Customers receive email alerts, online statements and account synch with Quicken®.

• Credit cards: TD Bank offers a variety of credit and debit cards including specialized miles, cash back, prepaid, balance transfer and rewards cards. There are also special offers for new credit card owners.

• Personal loans: TD Banks personal loan products include secured loans, unsecured loans and a personal unsecured line of credit.

• Financial tips and tools: This educational portal includes calculators, articles and tutorials on a wealth of financial topics including banking, budgeting saving, and borrowing.

• Best for: TD Bank is appropriate for consumers who live near the TD Ameritrade Bank branches and those seeking banking with a direct link to a discount brokerage firm, TD Ameritrade.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg