TD Bank
1.53/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

TD Bank

Looking for a mortgage lender?

873 TD Bank Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I’ve been using TD Bank's online services for approximately 5 years without a problem. I can transfer money from my checking account within TD and to non TD banks. I love their mobile check deposit service... Very convenient! I pay almost all of my bills with their bill pay service. Their staff is mostly courteous and they are open more than my other local banks. One amazing feature that my previous bank didn’t offer is TD’s ability to very quickly generate a bank card at their branches. Great bank. Thanks.

Original review: July 29, 2019

Have dealt with this bank for decades without a single problem. Statements are clear and easy to understand and reconcile. In person contact with numerous branches in VT and FL easy and staff are always helpful. Only one downside, as I have considered cash in checking account, I wish they would make a concerted effort (reach out to me) to offer CD's or other products that would earn income.

Get expert buying tips about Online Brokers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I have included a car loan TD Bank/TD Finance upon my past court loan while fully being firm & not flexible with monthly amounts being included. I also had included medical areas for interfering my monthly amount for additional charges, but they have logically allowed their reductions while working within a family business style & not our rip-off style within many other Auto Loan areas.

Original review: July 2, 2019

This insurance co does biz in Canada, I do not know if they also insure in the US but premiums are very good if you have a good driving record and good credit history. I have been insuring with them for 11 years and premiums have stayed reasonable. Claims are a bit slow to be processed. Otherwise great service.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Call TD Bank and representative picks up on first ring. They are caring, helpful and solve issues fast. Great bank, easy to use Quicken or QuickBooks with. Awesome service! I was trying to switch to QuickBooks for my business. They made it so easy. Go online, give permission for QuickBooks and it works seamlessly. This level of service should be the standard.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TD Bank and TD Banknorth?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

If you ever make a mistake & they charge you a late fee they will only MAYBE refund it ONCE during the whole 30 years!!!! What a greedy company. I'm very disappointed in them. I will not recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

I got a credit card from TD Bank and after one month my card was stolen and had fraudulent charges on the card. The minute I saw that the charges were on my card I called and reported them as fraud. Over three weeks later I got a letter that told me that they believe that the charges were fraud. The charges on the account were for an AT&T bill, McDonald’s and to Amazon purchases. The AT&T bill was the most confusing because I don’t have AT&T nor does anyone I know have AT&T. The Amazon purchases were going to a different state than I’ve ever even lived in and were used with my amazon account.

I called them and when I called I had a lady who just read out a script obviously and had no idea what she was talking about. I asked her to transfer me to a supervisor and she said she couldn’t so they would call me in 48 hours. It took them three days to get back to me and once I contacted them I g I called them and when I called I had a lady who just read out a script obviously and had no idea what she was talking about. I asked her to transfer me to a supervisor and she said she couldn’t so they would call me in 48 hours. It took them three days to get back to me and once I finally was in contact the call dropped and the lady never called me back.

So I called back through the main part of the department and I was put on with another woman. I asked to speak to one of her supervisors and she put me on hold and then I got transferred to a different bank. I don’t know how that happened but all of a sudden I was on a call with a different bank. One that I didn’t belong to. When after 3 hours I finally got back in contact with the supervisor I was in contact with in the beginning. She then ended up being very contradicting and was no help. I will be canceling my cards.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

In December 2018 I was sent a promotional email from TDBank guaranteeing 2.5% interest savings account. I did all the things they required for the promotion. I opened an account. I deposited new money meeting the minimum deposit and I made a minimum of 3 transactions per month. TD Bank failed to honor the 2.5% interest rate they guaranteed in their promotional email. As of today, I've had my account with them for 6 months and only 2 of those months did they honor the 2.5% interest. When I called them to find out why I wasn't getting the interest, they said they would go back and manually add the interest for those months it wasn't honored but I would no longer be getting 2.5%. They would, however, offer me 1.7% for the next 60 days and then I'd drop down to 0.005%. Stay away from this bank!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

If you get a gift card from TD Bank and you don't use it within a year you will lose your money. They apply administration fees! Never heard such of thing. I wanted to use my card for a special day and now the balance is zero. I am telling my friends not to buy those cards.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

My local branch is great. I need to convert some US money into Canadian money so that I could go to a broker who charges less than half in broker fees than the bank. I am a long time customer and my local branch had no trouble accepting a US check and giving me cash to take to broker. Once I converted to CA, I deposited the money into my normal Canadian dollar account. I do not live in Toronto where the broker is. I went to a TD bank near the broker to convert more money. They refused to honour my US cheque. They wanted me to deposit it into my Canadian account at a loss of about $100 compared to the broker. They offered to see if they could match the broker's rate but only knocked off another $20.

Same results at a different Toronto TD branch. Had to find a relative with a US dollar account to deposit my cheque and give me US cash. Had I know this, I would have done this first so that I only had to visit broker once. I am in excellent standing with the bank. I have a demonstrable history of depositing US cheques into my account without any problems. This is pure greed. For $100, they are willing to offend and lose a long time customer.

TD Bank and TD Banknorth expert review by Barbara Friedberg

TD Bank is one of the 10 largest U.S. banks. The bank offers retail, small business and commercial banking products and services to more than 8.5 million customers through its approximate 1,300 locations in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida.  TD Bank belongs to TD Bank Group, a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto.

• Accounts and services: TD Bank offers personal banking, small business banking, commercial banking and investing services. The personal banking services and products include checking, saving, credit cards, loans as well as access to investment products.

• Online banking and bill pay: Their electronic services include 24/7 online account access, transfers, person-to-person payments via Popmoney® and bill pay. Customers receive email alerts, online statements and account synch with Quicken®.

• Credit cards: TD Bank offers a variety of credit and debit cards including specialized miles, cash back, prepaid, balance transfer and rewards cards. There are also special offers for new credit card owners.

• Personal loans: TD Banks personal loan products include secured loans, unsecured loans and a personal unsecured line of credit.

• Financial tips and tools: This educational portal includes calculators, articles and tutorials on a wealth of financial topics including banking, budgeting saving, and borrowing.

• Best for: TD Bank is appropriate for consumers who live near the TD Ameritrade Bank branches and those seeking banking with a direct link to a discount brokerage firm, TD Ameritrade.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg