Find an Online Banks partner

See suggested offers from our Partners

Great Prepaid Debit Cards We Recommend

Learn more

TD Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TD Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TD Bank and TD Banknorth?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

Ismail ** from Parsippany NJ branch was an excellent Store Manager and assisted us with our needs ASAP and with full efficiency. Service given within no time wasting and 100% efforts are put in. Very dedicated staff member. Great Job- Thank You Mr. Ismail

Original review: July 21, 2021

Filled out the info requested, which was at the tip of my fingers and got the loan on-time. Moreover, questions were very easy to understand and the representative followed up as was expected. Thank you very much.

Original review: May 30, 2021

My cousin and I went to TD bank for the first time in Feasterville, Buck County and we went in to meet the person in charge. My cousin explains our situation and want to open a joint account. He said, No problem. He took care of all the things need to open the account. Beautiful job he did with us. We highly recommend this bank.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I had over $60,000 in identity theft with fraudulent signatures on my Commerce Bank Checks. I had the authorities involved, 3 police departments and the Burlington County Courthouse. The representative that I met with at TD Bank didn't want to speak to the authorities to validate my loss, but instead, said that they would do their own investigation. I will not disclose the person I met with, but at that point, I knew that TD Bank was not going to help me. While the theft was occurring Commerce changed over to TD Bank. The person that committed those crimes went to jail, but I got no restitution. This TD bank is not for the consumer, only for themselves to make sure they don't lose a dime of their money. I will never bank or recommend TD Bank to anyone.

Original review: July 27, 2021

I was stuck in a ditch in another city with a hold on my mobile deposit, when I called I was told that I’m not eligible for my money, another day another rep told me that it’s a daily update that allows them to make releases, when I asked what changed from this week and a week ago when I had to call for the same thing and it was approved, the answer I basically got was because, "Legally we can hold it so we say so…." FYI people. TD can deny without cause, and leave you stranded in a ditch, literally. And if you ever get Chrissy or Conner better to just hang up and save the embarrassment of them talking to you like you stole your own money. Oh and another interesting fact, I’ve been receiving both mobile and direct deposits for months regularly, so why would they say they now need to verify my employers again??? No one should feel like a criminal for their own money. Just saying.... shady business.

Original review: July 26, 2021

They had one person help people. Waiting over 2 hours. They had one lady helping out for customers. She didn’t know what they were doing. A man didn’t sign in and they allowed all these people who clearly came after him to go ahead of him.

Original review: July 21, 2021

I have had possibly the worst customer service experience with this TD Bank card. I recently moved from Philadelphia to Rochester and transferred my address. TD Credit card responded by freezing my card until I could verify my identity. They did not notify me of this; my card was simply declined 7 days after I had moved. I called TD credit card customer service, who provided me with an actual address for a TD bank location in Rochester... which closed five years ago. I then called back, and was told I had to verify my identity with 2 forms of ID. I was told to fax them over to a number (the supervisor, Preston, was unsure which ID would fit that requirement, however).

I then called in 3 days later, asking if my identity had been verified so I could use my card. I was then told that the fax number provided was incorrect. I then refaxed everything (paying out of pocket; I do not have a fax) and was told it was received 2 days afterwards. However, I was informed it was pending review, and was told to call again in 3 days. I called again in 3 days, however, I was then told I also needed to provide a copy of my utility bill. This had not been mentioned to me. I was then told to fax my 5 page utility bill (keep in mind faxing is $2.19 per page near me).

I have asked to cancel this card numerous times, only to be sent to a customer service rep who then sends me back to the TD line I was on. Everyone on the phone is super unhelpful and simply wants you to hang up. I urge anyone to stay the hell away from TD bank as much as you can. I have been a loyal TD bank user for over a decade and this is how I was rewarded. Go to a better company who will treat you better and not make you call numerous times.

Original review: July 19, 2021

I have been a TD bank customer for years. Had checking, saving and credit card with them. I got an alert from my credit that there was a closed account on my Credit card. I called and they stated I haven't used my card in a while so they closed it. This Credit Card was one of my longest cards I have that helped my credit. Now my credit is in bad shape due to TD shutting my card for no reason. They even declined me for a new card because the length of time with cards. Well thank you TD. I just left the TD Bank with all my money. I closed every account I had with them.

Original review: July 5, 2021

Please beware TD fit loan are 100% profiling customers. I feel horrible having to write this but it happened. Customer service the worst I've experience. I hope no one has to go through what I had to. I was laughed at and called names. All I was doing is asking for an explanation why they were so rude about the situation.

Original review: July 1, 2021

Do not put your hard earned money into this bank or suffer fees upon fees upon fees. I use to think Bank of America was bad and left for TD, but soon realized that TD is worse. If they don't get enough interest from your balance, they make up for it in fees. Fees for 'MAINTENANCE FEE ' as they say, among others. I guess the computer system needed a raise to do its automated work. Or maybe it goes to an employee for having to press a button now and then. TD Bank is late on postings and deposits, as well. Save yourself a lot of agony and put your money into a credit union or just keep it in your mattress.

Original review: June 27, 2021

Due to TD overprotective automated anti-fraud measure, my trip to my home-country turned into stressful and frustrating experience. Upon arrival my card was locked. I couldn’t reach customer service by phone because it seems like mission impossible from here. When I used e-mail, I only received a dry official response with phone numbers again which was a dead end for me. Contacting via messenger was a little more successful. I am very grateful to the person who assisted me for the first time, she went out of her way making sure TD manager call me back to my local phone number, and they did and my card was finally unblocked but only for 2 weeks, and my vacation is more than two weeks.

Again I got stuck. But this time, trying to contact TD with messenger was unsuccessful too, because again I got some dry answer that they should call me back within 24/48 and nobody called so far, I doubt they will ever call back. I spent all morning searching for international cards like Boss Revolution to call them, there are none here.

Bottom line - TD bank, you are overprotecting me from my own money!!! In 21 century you should have more easy and accessible ways of how people can contact you from abroad without spending a fortune on phone bills. Why can’t I contact you via what’s app, Skype or Viber? Why after paying 3% on transactions abroad I can not get a decent customer service? Why I can not get verification code for online banking via e-mail? I am grateful to my family who helped me out when my card is blocked here.

TD Bank does not seem human anymore and I would never recommend for international travel unless you are 100% sure your mobile operator has international roaming, because to unlock your card TD will send you texts. TD bank, please hear me out - I do not need fraud protection abroad, if I lose my card, I will contact you to block it. Why you, guys, block my own money (it’s not even your money) from myself? I really wish you reconsider your automated fraud protection and customer service methods.

Original review: June 27, 2021

TD Bank’s Mortgage Department has the most unprofessional Underwriters. Their Underwriters are unorganized and are very poor at managing the information they collect. They repeatedly lost submissions and require multiple copies. They are not responsive and very poor communicators. I was very disappointed and wrote to the Office of the Chairman who requested their Underwriters to “re-engage” only to again ask for copies of previously submitted documents. I was told from one of their Mortgage Brokers that they are unorganized, poorly trained and have high turnover. Watch out and I highly recommend that you go elsewhere.

Original review: June 26, 2021

I called TD for help with my TD visa. They asked me 2 questions, I answered both yet they said that they were unable to verify me after that and that I had to download their mobile app to be verified that way. I said to the agent that I had access to my PC online banking but she said that that was not sufficient. Seriously!?!? TD can't verify my identity if I can answer any of their questions to do with my banking. Instead they literally FORCE ME to download their mobile app and jump through nonsensical hoops just to ask a question. Well, I am cancelling all my credit cards with TD and move all my investments to one of the other Canadian banks. So well done TD, you just lost yourself another customer for no good reason at all. This is not a matter of security, this is TD forcing me to use their app. Whoever is in charge of that marketing scheme should be fired.

TD Bank Company Information