3.8/5 (57 ratings)
Find a Tax Relief partner

Find Tax Relief partners near you

Owe $10k Or More In Back Taxes?

Work with a professional tax relief expert to reduce your debt.

Get Matched Now

About Tax Defense Network

Tax Defense Network offers you assistance on any tax debt related issues. From tax liens, penalties, wage garnishments and more, our team of experts are ready to assist you. Our tax experts have over 250 years of experience combined. Visit our website today to learn more or to get started on a personalized tax resolution plan today!

Find Tax Relief partners near you

Pros

• Free consultation
    • Wide variety of services
    • Affordable pricing
    • Qualified experts

Cons

• Limited accreditations
    • Minimal refund policy

Bottom Line

Tax Defense Network provides assistance with tax-related debt issues. With cases advised by their staff of qualified experts, Tax Defense Network offers a wide variety of services and solutions.

Owe $10k Or More In Back Taxes?

Work with a professional tax relief expert to reduce your debt.

Get Matched Now

Tax Defense Network Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tax Defense Network?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tax Defense Network?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I paid over $4,000 for absolutely no help. They did not lower or negotiate anything for me. I am still paying the bill and I am still accruing interest and penalties annually. Over 2 years paying $11000 a year and what I owe has gone down $8000. They may be worse than the IRS.

Tax Defense Network response

M, thank you for providing this feedback about your TDN experience. While it's been some time since you've left this review, we want you to know that we consider our client feedback to be a valuable tool for us to improve our services. While we would love to be able to reduce each client's debt (when applicable), unfortunately, not all of our clients qualify for these reductions. We would like to sincerely apologize for the impact this has had on your perception of our services. Our team will be utilizing this information to create better client experiences in the future. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this opportunity.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Paid $7000+ for a tax resolution to significantly reduce tax debt. Solution provided was a CNC (currently not collectible). After further research found we seriously overpaid for this solution. The sales person did not respond to inquiries and another representative said the salesperson was not qualified to present us with the solution that we were sold on. We should be entitled to a partial refund, but cannot find a resolution process to apply with.

Tax Defense Network response

Pat, thank you for providing this feedback about your TDN experience. While it's been some time since you've left this review, we want you to know that we consider our client feedback to be a valuable tool for us to improve our services. We will be utilizing this information to create better client experiences in the future. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this opportunity and for bringing your servicing concerns to our attention.

Original review: June 4, 2019

Just know if you go with these people that the person filing your tax will be a preparer and not a professional, which they try and sell to you later with webinars. They also closed an agreement without speaking to me first. Such as; non-payment, which would allow for it to go on my credit report. Why do they think, people would be okay with having bad things on their credit report? I barely communicated with Linda **, Service Partner. Slow to emails, and they let you know it is easier to email. I am shelling out $4500 for this work, and I got nothing, she waited until my second payment was due before she called. Then 3 days after she said it was closed, and told me how it was going to be on my credit now, cause I can't pay. Well hell, I rather starve than have that on my credit. How frustrating she decided that without even discussing it with me before the fact. I swear that is so unprofessional.

Tax Defense Network response

Tamika, thank you for providing this feedback about your TDN experience. It's been some time since you've left this review, but we want you to know that our client feedback is valuable to us and our ability to improve our services. Concerns like yours are taken very seriously and will be reviewed internally to determine what could have been done differently during your time with our company. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this opportunity and assisting in our ability to improve our client experiences moving forward.

Original review: April 25, 2019

First, it like to say my tax agent was excellent, patient and very helpful. However the initial phone call with who signed me up basically tells you anything you want to hear, kind of like a desperate used car salesman, pretty much full of **. After talking to customer service about the first broken promise, they gave me a minimal discount. Then I had had to call customer service again, due to another broken promise by the initial agent, and this time I was told she would be talked to about it. AGAIN, DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU ARE TOLD BY THE INITIAL PHONE CALL!!!! The tax agent that helped me was awesome!!!! Just

Tax Defense Network response

Joe, thank you for providing this feedback about your TDN experience. While it's been some time since you've left this review, we want you to know that we consider our client feedback to be a valuable tool for us to improve our services. While we are glad that your Tax Specialist was able to provide a satisfying experience in resolving your tax matters, we are saddened to hear your initial contact with our company could have been better. We will be utilizing this information to create better client experiences in the future. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this opportunity and for choosing TDN as your tax resolution company.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Three years ago I called this company and spoke with someone who sounded like they knew their stuff, so I paid $1500 to get started. So I get an Email stating they assigned me an attorney to handle my affairs on the matter, so I emailed this so called attorney. We exchange numbers so I call him and this guy that sounds like he is in need of a drink, so I relayed to him my situation. He goes on to tell me I need to file the back taxes to get started. So I get hold of the IRS to get my W2s to update my taxes. So I email them to him, at this time The Defense Net emails me and states they need a total of $2200 to resume my case so I send them $2200 more to resume.

A month goes by I call this attorney to see an update, he tells me he has not finished with my taxes. At this point I'm getting frustrated 'cause I am receiving garnishment letters. So I take it upon myself to file my back taxes and get it done in a day, so I call the attorney and get no answer so I send Emails. No reply. Then I call the IRS to see if my attorney has spoke with anyone there. They tell me no but my garnishment is in effect and a levy on my checking account is in the process.

So I talk to an agent to find out what needs to happen to stop all this. They tell me I need to pay an ungodly amount which I cannot afford. So after 3 months of no contact with the attorney I receive an email stating my taxes were already filed. (No kidding.) I call the attorney. No answer so I leave a lengthy message stating I filed my own taxes and called the IRS myself. 1 hr later I get a call from the attorney. He proceeded to tell me what is it he can do for me, I proceeded to tell him he can give me my money back considering he did nothing. He says I will have to take that up with TDN. So I call them. They tell me they can assign me another attorney but I will not get my money back. So come down to it I lost out on $3700 to do my own work and a levy of my checking account in the range of $5600 nonrefundable. IRS left 2 cents in my account so it wouldn't close. So ** TDN.

Tax Defense Network response

Anthony, thank you for providing this feedback about your TDN experience. It's been some time since you've left this review, but we want you to know that our client feedback is valuable to us and our ability to improve our services. We will be utilizing this information to create better client experiences in the future. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this opportunity and for bringing your servicing concerns to our attention.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I would not recommend Tax Defense Network to anyone. After 10 months of delays, my tax liability increased by $30,000 and the only thing accomplished was a four month postponement of my IRS debt. Nearly everything that was promised was a scam. Stay away is my advice...

Tax Defense Network response

Warren, thank you for providing this feedback about your TDN experience. While it's been some time since you've left this review, we want you to know that we consider our client feedback to be a valuable tool for us to improve our services. We understand that changes in circumstances or filings could impact our client's tax matters in ways they were not expecting. We would like to sincerely apologize for the impact this has had on your perception of our services. Our team will be utilizing this information to create better client experiences in the future. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this opportunity.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Two thumbs up to the whole crew over at Tax Defense Network. Starting with John ** and finishing with Michael **. Very professional and informative. My mind was set at ease after the very first phone conversation. Start to finish my case was resolved in 6 months. Two months ahead of schedule.

Tax Defense Network response

Hello, Timothy. We are thrilled to hear our team came together to provide such a stellar customer experience for you. We are happy to have assisted you with your tax matters and appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback about your experience. Your kind words have not gone unnoticed!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I contacted your company over a year ago. I was set up with a rep that was transferred, the second rep would converse with me periodically, then she vanished. Whitney ** contacted me a few months ago, what a breathe of fresh air. Whitney constantly kept in contact with me a out my situation. If I missed her call, I would leave a message and she'd respond in a timely manner. Whenever I sent information to her, she made sure to inform me of what was to come next. Whitney has been a great comfort to me getting me through this process that was started 13 months ago. KUDOS TO WHITNEY, I am grateful and thankful!

Tax Defense Network response

Hello, Laverne. We would like to sincerely apologize for the delay in our response to this wonderful feedback for Whitney. We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced while working to resolve your tax matters but we are happy to have been able to turn things around. Thank you for this feedback and for choosing TDN to assist you!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

My tax analyst was Tomika **. She was great throughout the entire process. She addressed all my questions and concerns. She was very direct and open while still showing care and concern for the situation at hand. She promptly responded to emails and provided constant updates. She is a true asset to your company. I was so impressed with her, I have requested her to assist me with my state tax resolution.

Tax Defense Network response

LaSonja, thank you for providing this feedback about Tomika and Tax Defense Network. We understand it's been some time since you've left this review, but we certainly hope we still make your list of recommended tax resolution specialists. We appreciate your business and this great feedback!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

My wages have been garnished at a rate of 90%. Tax Defense said they would help right away. I have been prompt in returning items they said they needed. So far, I owe 80,000$ more. My contact person doesn't respond. She is not reassuring, yet they expect me to pay them, when my wages are being garnished 90%. They are not cheap. I agreed to 7500$ and gave them 1000 down. They suck!!! My analyst is Corrie. I hope you get someone better.

Tax Defense Network response

Theresa, thank you for providing this feedback about your TDN experience. While it's been some time since you've left this review, we want you to know that we consider our client feedback to be a valuable tool for us to improve our services. We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you encountered while working to resolve your tax matters and we will be utilizing this information to create better client experiences in the future.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Tax Defense Network promised, took my money, and then hands me off to a group from "Money Solver" who proceeds to ignore all email inquiries. Hell those emails were simple yes/no question. I'm in the process of blocking the other payment and hopefully get the first half $ back.

Tax Defense Network response
    Azriel, thank you for providing this feedback about your TDN experience. It's been some time since you've left this review, but we want you to know that our client feedback is valuable to us and our ability to improve our services. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the confusion regarding this matter. Our company, Tax Defense Network is a MoneySolver Company. While resolving tax issues is the main concern for many of our clients, we also assist with other financial concerns as well.
    Please visit the site below to see all of the other services provided by the MoneySolver Brand:

moneysolver.org

We appreciate you bringing this concern to our attention, as this information has been instrumental in our team providing better client experiences!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Thanks Mulder. She's great. My taxes was done with satisfaction and in a timely manner. Tax Defense the way to go. l will tell my friends and coworkers how Tax Defense is the company you need to go to. Their staff are well trained and experienced at the job.

Tax Defense Network response

Hello, Daryl. It's been some time since you've left this review, but we wanted you to know that your kind words haven't been overlooked. Thank you for providing this wonderful feedback about your TDN experience. Our team is happy to have assisted you with your tax matters!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

My consultant, Minh **, was very good and kept me informed to ease my mind. Which I really appreciate because this was a bit stressful for us. Thank you Minh **!!! God bless you!!! We will recommend you to anyone needing assistance and peace during this sort of stressful situation. I don’t know what we would have done without you. Your kindness will always be remembered. Thank you once again.

Tax Defense Network response

Hello, Sherry. Wow, we appreciate you taking the time to leave this great feedback about your experience with Minh and Tax Defense Network! Our team wanted you to know that we still appreciate your kind words and are happy to have assisted you in addressing your tax matters.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

My accountant had made a rather large mistake on my tax returns. I needed help. To arrange a payment plan that I could actually afford to pay. And I am happy to say that Robin was able to help me and now I have a payment agreement with the IRS that I can afford! I am so thankful for all your help Robin! Thank you!

Tax Defense Network response

Leslie, thank you for providing this feedback about your TDN experience. While it's been some time since you've left this review, we certainly hope we still make your list of recommended tax resolution specialists. We appreciate your business and this great feedback!

Original review: July 24, 2018

From the very first time I called Tax Defense I had a great experience with tax defense. I think it went well, they helped me every step of the way on understanding the process on what to expect, thanks for the help and I will definitely recommend to family and friends.

Tax Defense Network response

Hi, Gabriel. Thank you for leaving this wonderful feedback about your TDN experience. We appreciated your kind words and wanted you to know that they haven't gone unnoticed!

Original review: July 19, 2018

I would never recommend Tax Defense. They take your money and then can’t do anything for you. Read up on the tax laws and learn and save yourself a bunch of money. They suck. I feel like I was cheated and suckered into Using them. Or use your fear to talk you into signing with them.

Tax Defense Network response

Edward, thank you for providing this feedback about your TDN experience. It's been some time since you've left this review, but we want you to know that our client feedback is valuable to us and our ability to improve our services.

Our team now provides 100% free tax resources, available on our website:

Here you'll find our TDN Blog, Glossary of Tax Terms, FAQs, Guides, and Tax Forms.

Our team heard your concerns and has utilized this information as an opportunity to create better client experiences. We hope that every client feels better informed when choosing to use our services in the future!

Original review: June 29, 2018

The person who handled my account Ms. Dee Dee ** was great. I had to be honest. She was the only one that made me feel that they care about my tax issues and she resolve them very quickly for me. The person I had previously was terrible. You have a special worker in Ms. Moore. Thank you for having a great worker like her in your company.

Tax Defense Network response

Hello, Pamela. It's been some time since you've left this review, but we wanted you to know that we truly appreciate your feedback. It means so much for us to know that Dee Dee made this a positive experience for you. Thank you for choosing TDN as your tax resolution company!

Original review: June 28, 2018

Talk about a huge weight lifted! I was so scared and stressed thinking how we were going to deal with our huge tax bill! The help I received from all parties involved was not only completely professional, but I was also shown compassion and felt a tremendous sense of ease!

Tax Defense Network response

Hi, Kateri. Our team loves to hear about experiences just like yours because this is why we do what we do! Thank you for choosing TDN to assist you and for providing this great feedback. Your kind words have not gone unnoticed!

Original review: June 21, 2018

I went into this questioning if this was the right path to take to help my wife resolve a matter with the IRS. During sign up, they make all the promises in the world and makes it sound like you will have an army fighting for you, but this is not the case. Once they have your money you become a number and email address to them and chances are you will only hear from them once more when they file with the IRS.

They give you access to their Customer Service line but once your case is filed or closed out to their satisfaction you do hear from them at all. Over 7 months now I have been contacting them once every couple of weeks to check the status of my case, which took multiple emails on my part for them to even try or care about fighting for. They required me to write a letter on behalf of myself for them to use. They have basically asked me to do most of the work that I have paid them for. They have responded very little (less than 5 times) to my emails or calls asking for an update.

At this point, I ask myself besides a stamp and the post office what have they done for me besides costing me money since they have locked me into a contract to pay the IRS with no chance of anything rolling off. Management has offered to give me half my money back if they can close my case and move on. So they don't want to help or try on their end. They are looking for the easy win. This my second review so far and I hope this helps others to really do their homework about this matter. I wonder where my first review went.

Tax Defense Network response

Joey, thank you for providing this feedback about your TDN experience. While it's been some time since you've left this review, we want you to know that we consider our client feedback to be a valuable tool for us to improve our services. We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you encountered while working to resolve your tax matters and we will be utilizing this information to create better client experiences in the future.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Being in an unfortunate situation with the IRS is overwhelming and stressful! When I finished my initial conversation with the TDN I had high hopes and confidence that I put my situation in the right hands. As time passed this confidence waned! I gave all my information to my original analyst! Part of my agreement was a 2016 tax preparation. After months of waiting my analyst failed to keep me informed of my case. Sporadic at best. Only after going to a supervisor did I find she no longer worked there and I was given a new analyst, something that should have been done without my efforts to find out where I stood. Received threatening letters from the IRS about wage attachments and property sale during this time.

Next analyst was a lot more in touch but we basically started from scratch which took me into a new tax year but even though time wasted was not my fault I had to prepare the new tax on my own. Not a big deal just a pain. Went back and forth on my status for a number of months. Did what was asked and came to a settlement only to find out my debt increased dramatically with interest and penalties. Glad there is an agreement but not the stress and uncertainty that came along.

Tax Defense Network response

Michael, thank you for providing this feedback about your TDN experience. While it's been some time since you've left this review, we want you to know that we consider our client feedback to be a valuable tool for us to improve our services. We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you encountered while working to resolve your tax matters and we will be utilizing this information to create better client experiences in the future. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this opportunity and for choosing TDN as your tax resolution company.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Mike did a great job keep me up to date with my case whether it was in an email or a call. He answered all my questions I had and was very reassuring that my case with the IRS would be taken care of and that I had nothing to worry about. It was a pleasure working with him.

Tax Defense Network response

Hello, Adam. It's been some time since you've left this review, but we wanted you to know that we truly appreciate your feedback. It means so much for us to know that Michael made this a positive experience for you. Thank you for choosing TDN as your tax resolution company!

Original review: April 27, 2018

Cody was a tremendous help in getting my tax problem solved. Thanks to him I can now breathe easier. Cody was very courteous and friendly. Answered all my questions and explanations were very easy to understand. I had problems with others at Tax Defense, however I was really impressed with his professional attitude.

Tax Defense Network response

Hello, Karen. It's been some time since you've left this review, but we wanted you to know that your kind words haven't been overlooked. Thank you for providing this wonderful feedback about your TDN experience. Our team is happy to have assisted you with your tax matters!

Original review: April 27, 2018

My tax return (2017) was completed by Amber **. She is fast, accurate, and very thorough!! Amber ** is a very competent asset at Tax Defense Network!!! I enjoy having Amber do My tax returns because they will be done right!!! Thank you Amber and I will be calling you next year!!!

Tax Defense Network response

Hello, Frederick. We are thrilled to hear our team came together to provide such a stellar customer experience for you. We are happy to have assisted you with your tax matters and appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback about your experience. Your kind words have not gone unnoticed!

Original review: April 27, 2018

DEEDEE WAS THE BEST EVER. SHE WALKED ME THROUGH THE ENTIRE PROCESS. I wish I would have had her from the beginning process. She was an amazing person to go through this process with. She's awesome! She's perfect! Should be more employees like her. She knew what she was talking about when I asked questions. She should be modeled after. She was a joy to work with! I appreciate her so much!

Tax Defense Network response

Sanura, thank you for providing this feedback about your TDN experience. While it's been some time since you've left this review, we certainly hope we still make your list of recommended tax resolution specialists. We appreciate your business and this great feedback!

Original review: April 26, 2018

Thomas ** is amazing! His calmness and professionalism was greatly appreciated. He handled my case thoroughly and with great detail and expertise. I was worried about the IRS coming after me, as well as, losing my home and everything else I have worked hard for. His knowledge saved me! He is indeed an asset to your corporation! Thank you!

Tax Defense Network response

Hi, Mary. Our team loves to hear about experiences just like yours because this is why we do what we do! Thank you for providing this great feedback for Thomas. Your kind words have not gone unnoticed!

Original review: April 26, 2018

Amber, was very pleasant to work with and did a great job on following up on everything! She always took the time to explain everything completely and to make sure I understood everything. I will always recommend the Tax Defense people! They did a fantastic job in a very difficult situation.

Tax Defense Network response

Hi, Ronald. Thank you for leaving this wonderful feedback about your TDN experience. We appreciated your kind words and wanted you to know that they haven't gone unnoticed!

Original review: April 26, 2018

Charlot ** did an absolutely wonderful job in completing and preparing our taxes for 2017. We started with another tax person but requested to be turned over to another person. Charlot picked up and understood all our issues as this was a very complicated tax year for us. There was never an issue she could not solve. Her excellent customer service, patience, knowledge, and accuracy in preparing and completing our taxes made it a smooth experience. Her communication with us was great as always answered our calls by phone and text. Thank you Charlot, we appreciate all your help and assistance.

Tax Defense Network response

Hello, Diane and Steve. We appreciate you taking the time to leave this great feedback about your experience with Charlotte and Tax Defense Network! Our team wanted you to know that we still appreciate your kind words and are happy to have assisted you in addressing your tax matters.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Cody was extremely professional in handling my case maintaining constant communications. The other associates assured me of All worries when I was receiving the threatening calls and letters but once signed on board, they ceased almost immediately. All my questions were answered and I would definitely recommend your service to my friends.

Tax Defense Network response

Hello, Anthony. We would like to sincerely apologize for the delay in our response to this wonderful feedback. We are glad to hear you had a positive experience with Cody and Tax Defense Network!

Original review: April 23, 2018

To Robin **, I had a Very friendly and professional experience with her. She saved me over $50 thousands dollars in back taxes. Thanks to her and her team. I will recommend them to my friends Without any hesitation. I will highly recommend you to my friends and family and thanks again Robin. You are being my hero!

Tax Defense Network response

Joshua, thank you for providing this feedback about your TDN experience. While it's been some time since you've left this review, we certainly hope we still make your list of recommended tax resolution specialists. We appreciate your business and this great feedback!

Original review: April 13, 2018

I was impressed with Jerry who took my initial call. He was very patient and reassuring. Aqueel was very good at answering questions, I tried to be very responsive to document requests, Suzan ** was incredible. The only concern I had was Aqueel got sick and I was stressing it would have been nice if someone had called or emailed, I would have liked to just have left our direct withdrawal in place with the money being forwarded to the IRS, just less paperwork. It would also allow you to monitor the account balances.

Tax Defense Network response

Hello, Jim. We are thrilled to hear our team came together to provide such a stellar customer experience for you. We are happy to have assisted you with your tax matters and appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback about your experience. Your kind words have not gone unnoticed!

Tax Defense Network Company Information