1.8/5 (49 ratings)

About Ria Financial Services

Ria Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ria Financial Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ria Financial Services?

Original review: April 20, 2022

Not a reliable company, poor customer service. They operate in a completely arbitrary manner. They banned me from their platform after one successful transfer because the second one I tried to make was suspected "fraudulent" with no meaningful reason given. They will not work with you to resolve the issue. They told me there were too many fraudulent transfers happening in the area. I wanted to send money to (Austria) so they ban me permanently? What's with that? Find an alternative to this company, you will be saving yourself a lot of aggravation.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

Went to Walmart to receive a money transfer that was sent by a relative. Stood on line and gave the clerk at customer service a reference number. Was told that it needed to be reviewed further.??? Why??? Gave my ID and information needed to receive the funds sent to me. Called this so called compliance department and was on hold for 45 minutes which is an unacceptable practice. I wanted to do a 3 way call but was told it wasn't allowed. Why not??? The sender would have the information needed to clarify the transaction. So they was told to go back to Walmart and do a correction???? For what exactly???? Nothing has changed. My name has not changed so there is no reason to deny funds when the correct documentation was presented.

This company is completely incompetent and should not be allowed to exist. Still waiting for my money and it's been two days and no explanation of what type of information needed. So anyone who reads this DO NOT USE THIS WORTHLESS COMPANY. They are nothing more than scam artists trying to keep your money. If anyone files a class action suit against this garbage of a company I'm in.

Get buying tips about Money Transfer delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I went to pick up money my mother sent to me today and wasn't able to due to "vendor failure"... Told most likely due to suspected fraud... absolutely no reason I should be on a fraud list!!! This place is an absolute joke!!!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

If you don't have all day to fiddle with this outfit, don't waste your time. The site operation is sub-par. If you get far enough along to answer all recipient/sender questions, there is still a review. After all my time spent, the reviewer said yes for the transfer and an email would follow, but none came. A return to the site said the account had been closed for security reasons. Baloney!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

Sent money for a funeral and Ria put a hold on the transactions for 13 days. I cried for my dad couldn't get buried. May God punish them. Will never use them again and they hardly answer their phones.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I sent money to my fiancé to pay our mortgage; After giving identification to employee at Kroger, they expected me to also send a copy to them. Once I cancelled the transaction, it still took an hour before they released my funds. I provided everything needed during the initial contact of my services rendered. I was transferred to 3 representative after I was asked to hold on. Used Western Union at the same Kroger, No Issues, NONE.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

Very nice. Quick service. Notification is so perfect.. Love this website. Very easy to use. I am in love with this remittance company. Try by yourself. Ria has very low transaction fees. I have been using their services for last 5-6 years. And very very quick ..so happy.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Fast quick and highly secured service. I would recommend the service for money transfer. Support service quickly available in case of any help needed. I would recommend to others.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

Do not use RIA for money services. They are practicing fraud by not giving the receivers their money. They are claiming the reasons for this failure to receive money is due to unregistered phones, unanswered questions, answered question needing more answers, they want the sender to make a call using same phone, they are waiting for another call from the sender and what not. They are misleading and keep hacking its customers for more answers and accusing them of fraud while they themselves are being fraudulent.

They are asking way too many questions, changing and manipulating facts. They want to keep the money in their bossoms cause they are good at defrauding international services. That’s how they make their money. They know people don’t have the money or don’t read their contracts or fine lines they have set, which makes them win every time. They are committing intentional fraud by defrauding a weak international people who are poor.

What best way to make money than from international transactions, by targeting people, then throwing their compliance procedures at them? Then accusing them of fraud? Wasting people’s time by having to complete a long list of test, then not being satisfied by the answers? Then making them go through a long list of compliance procedures again and again? They are complete frauds and they know it. They have no sense of values or morals and their practices are unethical. They have let many innocent people down by withholding money. They are letting people starve during the COVID-19. Their services shouldn’t be trusted.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

Horrible service! Don't use them! For years I have sent with Western Union and with World Remit and never had a problem. Then yesterday I opened an account with Ria, they verified my bank account, and I made my first transaction today, which they acknowledged by email. 2 hours later I got an email saying my account was cancelled and I could never use Ria again. No explanations given. I called and they could not explain their compliance practices. Apparently there had been previous "problems" sending to my recipient (untrue). I can't believe this company is still in business.

Ria Financial Services author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Ria was established in 1987 in New York. The company is now one of the world’s largest money transfer firms, operating in nearly 150 countries. Their services include money transfer, mobile phone refill, currency exchange, bill payment and check cashing. Ria Financial is owned by Euronet Worldwide, an electronic financial transfer provider.

• Easy tracking: Those who send money via Ria’s money transfer service can easily track the status of their transfer online. They just need the PIN, order number or reference numbers.

• Instant fee checker: Consumers who want to know how much it will cost to transfer money to someone else can use the company’s online tool to see the fee amount for different sums and different transfer methods—bank account draft, cash, etc.

• Refer a friend: Customers who share a unique referral link directly with others or on social media sites receive a $20 Amazon gift card after the new customer sends their first transfer. Electronic gift cards are delivered within a week of the completed transaction, and there is no minimum transfer amount.

• Bill pay: Customers can use Ria to pay bills at over 3,000 merchants and service providers. Same day payments are available for some companies.

• Euronet ATMs: Transfer recipients in Poland can withdrawal their money from any Euronet ATM. Recipients do not need an ATM card to pick up money transferred to them.

Ria Financial Services Company Information