2. Finance
  3. Money Transfer

1.8/5 (45 ratings)

About Ria Financial Services

Ria Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ria Financial Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ria Financial Services?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

Sent money for a funeral and Ria put a hold on the transactions for 13 days. I cried for my dad couldn't get buried. May God punish them. Will never use them again and they hardly answer their phones.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I sent money to my fiancé to pay our mortgage; After giving identification to employee at Kroger, they expected me to also send a copy to them. Once I cancelled the transaction, it still took an hour before they released my funds. I provided everything needed during the initial contact of my services rendered. I was transferred to 3 representative after I was asked to hold on. Used Western Union at the same Kroger, No Issues, NONE.

Get buying tips about Money Transfer delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

Very nice. Quick service. Notification is so perfect.. Love this website. Very easy to use. I am in love with this remittance company. Try by yourself. Ria has very low transaction fees. I have been using their services for last 5-6 years. And very very quick ..so happy.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Fast quick and highly secured service. I would recommend the service for money transfer. Support service quickly available in case of any help needed. I would recommend to others.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

Do not use RIA for money services. They are practicing fraud by not giving the receivers their money. They are claiming the reasons for this failure to receive money is due to unregistered phones, unanswered questions, answered question needing more answers, they want the sender to make a call using same phone, they are waiting for another call from the sender and what not. They are misleading and keep hacking its customers for more answers and accusing them of fraud while they themselves are being fraudulent.

They are asking way too many questions, changing and manipulating facts. They want to keep the money in their bossoms cause they are good at defrauding international services. That’s how they make their money. They know people don’t have the money or don’t read their contracts or fine lines they have set, which makes them win every time. They are committing intentional fraud by defrauding a weak international people who are poor.

What best way to make money than from international transactions, by targeting people, then throwing their compliance procedures at them? Then accusing them of fraud? Wasting people’s time by having to complete a long list of test, then not being satisfied by the answers? Then making them go through a long list of compliance procedures again and again? They are complete frauds and they know it. They have no sense of values or morals and their practices are unethical. They have let many innocent people down by withholding money. They are letting people starve during the COVID-19. Their services shouldn’t be trusted.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

Horrible service! Don't use them! For years I have sent with Western Union and with World Remit and never had a problem. Then yesterday I opened an account with Ria, they verified my bank account, and I made my first transaction today, which they acknowledged by email. 2 hours later I got an email saying my account was cancelled and I could never use Ria again. No explanations given. I called and they could not explain their compliance practices. Apparently there had been previous "problems" sending to my recipient (untrue). I can't believe this company is still in business.

Original review: July 30, 2020

Do not use their services. I had an account created and I forgot the password. They locked my account because of too many failed attempts. Meanwhile, I used other companies for my money transfer needs. I called them to sort out the issue and the customer rep tells me to make a new account with a different email ID. I told him my phone number has not changed so it will not register another account. He kept on repeating the same thing and hung up on me. I have never worked as a customer rep but anybody with basic common sense would this. This shows the kind of people they hire to work for them. You can use their services but God help you when you need to talk to a representative. And yeah I forgot to mention before calling them, call it off at work because it takes at least an hour to reach a customer representative. Then he will give you some stupid advice and you will have to wait for a hour again to speak with someone and the cycle continues.

Original review: June 15, 2020

Today I went to Wal-Mart to send money and never in my life have I been subjected to such intrusive questions. The first question was, "I see that you just had a birthday, and..." The next questions set me off and the lady in line was more pissed than me. She proceeded to ask me who and why I'm sending MY Money, my Money to my sister in Texas. When was the last time I had seen her, where why was I sending that amount, did I know her? Since when has Wal-Mart be a registered police agency? I understand that people get scammed, but I'm standing there in a shirt saying support 44 Devils Disciples Boston Mass. She then tells me to take my card out of the payment terminal and it cancels the whole ordeal. She then shuts down the terminal to reboot. By then Idgara about it.

Then as we go to round 2 I refused to answer some willy washed woman a can says I have to answer, in no I do not. So you're gonna get the same answer until you give me back my card. She says all New England Wal-Marts do it, no they do not. I have never been asked such questions.. You are not my spouse, You do not support me or mine. It is my money which I earn. You may not ask me anything at all. I am not money laundering, I am not involved in racketeering. I am not committing mail or wire fraud, so you better have a police officers license to ask me any questions whatsoever. It is against the law. I will never ever do anything with Wal-Mart again. Oh and To a be ready you either produce why you are asking and who have you told beside the police department. Ria is the point of sale. They said to call MoneyGram, moneygram said to call Walmart. So who is lying to their consumer. You all better fess up. Can you smell the lawsuit???

Original review: May 21, 2020

I sent $300 USD to my family overseas who really needed the money. After they picked up the funds in the local currency, the amount they received was $60 USD less than they should have received. They FRAUDULENTLY claimed that the shortfall was due to a currency conversion. These THIEVES are saying that 20% of my transfer was lost due to a currency conversion! They are LIARS and it's obvious that someone has EMBEZZLED these funds. DO NOT USE THESE CRIMINALS!!!

Original review: May 16, 2020

I went to Walmart to pick 100 dollars. The cashier say I Couldn't receive the money and call the 855#. I called and 4 representative said my account was not blocked. The sender was on the phone with me. They verify he sent the money. A rep talked to the cashier two time to tell them what to do but in the end they told the sender to pick up their money. And told me they Couldn't tell me why I Couldn't receive the money. I called to say it fraud or just what. This company can't be real if you want to report fraud to the compliance department but there is not no to report it to.

Ria Financial Services author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Ria was established in 1987 in New York. The company is now one of the world’s largest money transfer firms, operating in nearly 150 countries. Their services include money transfer, mobile phone refill, currency exchange, bill payment and check cashing. Ria Financial is owned by Euronet Worldwide, an electronic financial transfer provider.

• Easy tracking: Those who send money via Ria’s money transfer service can easily track the status of their transfer online. They just need the PIN, order number or reference numbers.

• Instant fee checker: Consumers who want to know how much it will cost to transfer money to someone else can use the company’s online tool to see the fee amount for different sums and different transfer methods—bank account draft, cash, etc.

• Refer a friend: Customers who share a unique referral link directly with others or on social media sites receive a $20 Amazon gift card after the new customer sends their first transfer. Electronic gift cards are delivered within a week of the completed transaction, and there is no minimum transfer amount.

• Bill pay: Customers can use Ria to pay bills at over 3,000 merchants and service providers. Same day payments are available for some companies.

• Euronet ATMs: Transfer recipients in Poland can withdrawal their money from any Euronet ATM. Recipients do not need an ATM card to pick up money transferred to them.

Ria Financial Services Company Information