PNC Bank

PNC Bank

3.4/5 (762 ratings)

Find Banks and Credit Unions partners near you

About PNC Bank

PNC is a banking service and mortgage provider. It offers its borrowers perks like interest rate discounts, cashback rewards and more. While it doesn’t operate in every state, PNC lets you manage your mortgage payments online. It does have credit score requirements for some of its loan products.

Find Banks and Credit Unions partners near you

PNC Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC Bank?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

I have been with this company over 10 years and it's been nothing but a headache. I got a new debit card which I thought would close my old card. But that wasn't the case, so anyone with my old card is still able to charge my card. I spoke to a representative this morning. For some reason she could not cancel old debit card which makes no sense at all. I also paid $33 to have a company stop taking payments. This did no justice either. I woke up to numerous payments taken from my account! I have decided to close my account with this bank!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2022

I called customer service before depositing a check on my mobile app to make sure the funds would be available today Valentine’s weekend. The young lady said, "Yes it would be available." I deposited my check and the funds don’t be available until 2/15/22. Now I’m screwed. I would not would not would not recommend this bank to an enemy.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2022

I have had a personal and a business checking and saving accounts with PNC Bank for over 20 years. Last month they decided to close all my accounts. When I asked why they were doing this, they said they had the right to close my accounts without any explanations. PNC Bank closed the debit cards within 5 days of the letter and the accounts within 30 days.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

Very bad experience, twice told the wrong information & tried to charge me late fees for their mistake.. I'm in the process of moving my car loan to a more reputable company.. They disconnected me a number of times & would not call me back.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

When my bank was bought out by PNC I wanted to give them a chance. I thought one bank is as good as another and it will be less hassle if all my accounts stay the same and just transfer over- WRONG! PNC started their merger off by making customers wait at least an hour to speak with a person. Then, if I had any questions about my mortgage I was referred to the customer service number and told they could not see anything related to my mortgage on their computers, even though my mortgage is serviced through PNC!?

When I made my first mortgage payment in person I did not write my check out to PNC since I did not know if it should be BBVA or PNC, the teller said nothing and accepted the check and gave me a receipt. Later, my checking account is over drafted the amount of my mortgage only to find out through an hour wait that I did not write the for. So, I transferred money and straightened that out. Then, I paid over for my escrow since I had a notice my escrow went up. I was sent notices wanting the rest of my payment for that?? Then, they sent notices a month later that I was behind which I was not. An hour hold on the phone and two people later I was hung up on!! I will never use this bank or recommend this bank to anyone!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

Small business owners stay away from this bank. They will never help you when you need their help. They throw you under the bus just like they did to me. I have been their customer for two years. In 2020, I made 805,000.00 and I used PNC as my only bank. I was putting every pressure on my employees to have them open a PNC account for a Smooth and faster payments. In 2021, my made $ 1 million. And I was a very loyal customer of PNC. When I asked them for a credit card list raise they made me feel like I am a thief.

I asked Bank of America the same question, they automatically qualified me for a credit limit double I asked PNC. PNC business account doesn't have Zelle transfer. That was hurting me. They are very slow on transferring payments. It takes them very long time to clear payments when people pay you in checks. Make sure you visit Bank of America and Chase banks before considering PNC. Especially, small business owners, be careful with PNC.

Resolution response: Jan. 29, 2022

Contacted by customer service.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

The ATM at the Great Southern Shopping center ate my bank card during a routine check deposit. Customer service said they can't access their own ATM to retrieve. 2 months later, same location ate a several hundred dollar deposit I was making. Again, customer service were patronizing and said they could only file a dispute. Told me it could take a while to resolve. I really do not understand how they could maintain such poor machinery at a bank of all places. There are clearly cameras recording transactions that prove my point. Appalling customer care.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

PNC has the worst customer service. Representatives are clueless, they don't care and they don't solve issues. Most of all they are Rude! It may be in my best interest to not bank with them due to poor service.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

Definitely the worst bank I've had. And I've banked with Huntington and US bank. Maybe if they invested some money in their network, customer service, and improving branch locations it would be better. They consistently take as long as possible to process incoming and outgoing transactions. You literally have to go back to keeping a paper bank ledger if you make a lot of payments, purchases, or if you have incoming funds often from anything like eBay or PayPal. They take forever to process refunds. Here lately I keep noticing that my veterans benefits payment on the first is showing up later and later. Other banks are nice enough to release funds as soon as they see them on the network. Not a greedy bank like PNC though, that's how they make loans in the fractional reserve banking system.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

My credit card account with BBVA was acquired by PNC several months ago. They apparently didn't move my info over correctly, because I could no longer log in using their mobile app that replaced BBVA's. After numerous phone calls and countless hours on hold, the issues are still unresolved. Couple that with a conversation with John in C/C trying to get late fees reversed, where he was downright combative and rude, and I'll be paying off that account and closing it as soon as they get done *snail mailing* me a password.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

This bank is the ABSOLUTE WORST. I have a car loan thru this company & wish I would have chosen another option. The website is not user friendly & looks like it was designed in 1995, the customer service agents either hang up on you, or keep rerouting to other departments because they 'can't see that information on my screen'. I set up automatic payments & suddenly that automatic payment magically ended & now I'm late on a payment. Then I call to make payment immediately & then get an email the next day that I owe the payment still. I call customer service, tell them I can see the payment has processed thru my other account with Bank of America (who I love), yet they can't see that on their PNC screen. What the ** people, get it together! I can't wait to sell my car so that I never have to deal with this company again.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

This is THE WORST bank EVER! For the second month in a row my card has been in the negative by $300. When I called to ask how my card is $300 negative when I have not made any purchases they went on to explain to me that the IVR system told me I had money that I indeed did not have and they let the charge go through due to overdraft protection. When I asked them to cancel the overdraft protection they told me it's not a good idea because if I ever make a purchase and it gets denied they will then charge you 40$. MAKES NO SENSE!!! DO NOT BANK WITH THESE IDIOTS.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

PNC bought BBVA and the service has not been the same. Today I went in to cash a small rebate check at my local bank and after I gave them my drivers license I was told I needed to provide 2 forms of ID's to cash the check. I was told that is PNC bank policy. I called customer service and was told the same thing. The government wants everyone to be able to vote without any ID but PNC requires 2 ID's to cash a check, at my own bank. I still can't believe this! Ridiculous!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

This is the worst customer service experience I have ever had. Hold times over 40 min, was hung up on every single call. This Bank makes it impossible for you to cancel accounts and access your money.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

I have been dealing with PNC over 10 years and have not had a problem until recently. The IRS sent a letter to the bank for garnishment and money was removed from my account on the following day along with a $100 fee with 0 notice. I have tried to calling several times and waited over a hour to talk to someone because the garnishment was paid in full before letter was sent and should have never been removed from my account. I am highly disappointed as if this would have happened 2 years ago I would have talked to someone immediately when I called in.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

This bank gets 1 star because I have to select at least one to give a review.. Worst bank I have ever had the displeasure of being with. Have been with Bbva for 15 years and will now be closing both accounts with Pnc. Horrible online app, worst customer service. Idiot fraud detection. Even my pnc banker recommended I switch to Bank of America. The old bbva employees can't stand pnc either. Don't go with this bank, you'll regret it.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

I had a BBVA Visa for years, with no issues. They were recently bought out by PNC Bank and the transition has been agonizing. Now I have my first reported fraudulent charge on this account, and reporting it has been a nightmare. I was charged $109.00, though I ordered nothing and received nothing in terms of goods/services. Vendor submitted charge TWICE, and PNC has allowed the second charge to stick. They claim it's a "disputed charge" and must "investigate". God only knows how long this will take.

I had a credit balance of 3 dollars, prior to this. Now, after reading a Slew of negative reviews, I am extremely concerned and all I want to do now is close the account and wash my hands of PNC. So far, they have sided with the Con Artists and I am furious. No I'm not going to be crippled by a $109.00 charge, but the whole point of it is: If they are not going to protect me from the legions of Con Artists who are SWARMING us all, trying to take advantage of this Pandemic - I will have nothing to do with them. They are a Hazard to your financial well-being. STEER CLEAR of this bank!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

PNC recently acquired BBVA and the transition has been painful. Had to change our account numbers to PNCs, which meant notifying all the autopay and auto receive institutions of the changes. Trying to get questions answered requires waiting on the phone from 30 - 60 minutes every single time, if you have the time and patience! Even if you get connected you then get transferred which then requires another wait. Overall Pathetic Customer Service. Tried going to a local branch but the lobby was closed until further notice. Naturally the drive thru had a long line. ACH deposits are processed really slowly, several days. Never had problems like this with BBVA and its antecedents over the past 37 years.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I was one of the unfortunate victims forced to deal with this institution after they absorbed BBVA. I used my BBVA rewards card for all monthly purchases and paid it off at the end of the month, I tried to do the same with my PNC card. However, PNC fraud protection would allow a transaction (say groceries) one day and deny that same kind of transaction another. In the month and a half I used their card, they denied 6 transactions, 1 was an emergency. Thankfully I had my Capital One on me. I called to get this resolved and was hit with extremely rude and snide comments that led to no resolution. When I asked for a supervisor to take my call, the rep said he was a supervisor and wouldn't transfer me. I switched to my Capital One card and shredded my useless PNC card. I'm also changing my checking to a different bank. My advice would be to steer clear of PNC.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I was a loyal, satisfied customer of BBVA in Texas. The acquisition by PNC was a total disaster...now the customer service is simply terrible. I have encountered countless mistakes by the bank and they really don't care. My advice...find another bank. Any bank would be better than PNC...truly a joke!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2021

PNC has been most egregious in handling the dissolution of a trust account after the death of my mother. They have frozen all accounts understandable but have deducted fees on a monthly basis without allowing us to trade or use the account. They have consistently procrastinated completing this small account for 11 months now. There is no excuse for the lack of inaction, lack of communications and depleting the account with absurd fees. Further they charge a hefty fee for legal expenses without even consulting or sharing an estimate. PNC should be investigated by the SEC.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

This has to be the worst bank in banking when it comes to customer service!! I can deposit a mobile deposit into my credit Union and receive funds in 2 hours! And PNC can’t even transfer from one PNC account to another with a check without holding it for 1 business day! The bank statements are hardly ever available! And I could go on and on, save yourself the headache and do not Bank here! If I didn’t have 25 business account transferred when they bought out my original bank! I’d shut them all down!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

So they closed my bank account for $2. I never received a notice of them closed in my bank account consider not have an open savings account so they could have just took $2 out of, I have a direct deposit hit my account with PNC Bank because they close my bank account the day before my money still missing. I don't know where it's at. They said that it takes 15 days to send back to the sender. I would never use the service again. It was the worst experience and to this day no one can tell me where my money is.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

I had a high yield account at PNC Bank for years until I decided to move my funds to my local bank and put a deposit on a property. Worst nightmare ever dealing with PNC. They do everything possible so that you don't take out a penny. Put my transfer on hold and when I tried to do a wire, well it's easier to win the Olympics.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

Took my father into the PNC Ridge Rd. Parma branch to withdraw Christmas money. When we got to the teller my father handed her [with dark hair and glasses] his debit card and driver's license. She asked if we had a withdraw slip filled out, my father said no. We went back to the desks in the bank and there were no withdraw slips, so we got back in line. This time the other girl [with light hair ] waited on us and was very helpful. After the withdraw we sat down and waited to be called into one of the offices [I had some online questions]. We were ignored for 15 mins, they never said a word to us and had no other customers, they hid in a back room. Today I am trying to talk my Dad into closing his accounts and moving over to Chase.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I've had a great experience with PNC Bank so far! I have their prepaid card, and it's been fantastic for me. Great customer service, excellent card, I love the tap pay feature available, I've never had one issue when it comes to banking with PNC. I do look forward getting a checking account with them in the future. I do recommend the SmartAccess Card. It's the best prepaid card I have ever used. PNC Bank is wonderful.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

If I could give PNC's customer service 0 stars I would. I have been a member of PNC since they were national city. My account has been hacked several times in the past few days and their customer service is completely unreachable! I've tried using their call return service, waiting on hold, Connecting with the online chat, No one ever answers and yet they act like they're going to but the call wait time never goes down from 20 minutes. PNC really needs to get their act together.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

I get locked out of my business account at least once a month. I have to go into the bank to unlock it. I was unable to pay my rent on time on several occasions, because of this. I'm unable to do anything online. It is useless. DO NOT use this bank for business.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

I paid 3300, (a year's worth of car payments) ahead of time. Not three months later, the car was repossessed. The bank teller told me I could do this. Later, the loan department or the retail branch just stopped doing monthly payments and put it all towards principal. This is a predatory loan practice and has left me without a car. PNC has a clever way of shifting you around to different departments until you get fed up. Always demand to speak to a supervisor as soon as you get on the phone. User's recommendation: Use a different company for banking and loans.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

I closed all my PNC accounts a month ago. Now I get a notification my account (closed) has a banking fee and is overdrafted. When I closed my accounts, I received all the correct paperwork that confirmed the closure, the check with my current final balance, and a final statement that showed a $0.00 balance. I made sure I had all proper proof of closure. NOW they're showing me there was ONE PENNY left in the account that kept it open, so they charged me a fee for not having the minimum $500 balance. I called and got it resolved easily, but they claimed they didn't know why there was one penny left. If you ask me, it was done on purpose so they could try and collect fees. I'm pretty sure that's illegal. There was absolutely no reason for my accounts to have been opened with one penny left when I closed all of them properly. PNC is absolutely criminal, even after you leave them.

PNC Bank Company Information