PNC Bank
1.18/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

PNC Bank

Looking for a mortgage lender?

1116 PNC Bank Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

My experience is that PNC is the worst bank for both personal and business accounts. Here is why:

1) Their relationship managers and underwriters are unprofessional and don't care about me. They would never follow up with me when they say they would and the last one met me once and then ignored me. Even though they offered some options they never got back to me and never even replied to my email on how to proceed.

2) Their online system is antiquated. Their website looks like it hasn't been updated in years, the font is too small, and the mobile app looks like a spreadsheet. At some point Chrome did SSL update and I couldn't login to my account for months unless I used a different browser. When I called them they told me they were working with Google to resolve that.

3) Their online security consists of constantly pestering you with silly security questions. Even if you are using the same computer, you will be asked these questions again and again. When other banks use mobile authentication, PNC still asks who you went to prom with.

4) If you are using Xero or another site that connects to your bank with Yodlee, PNC is my only account that would often stop working and syncing, and I would have to delete the login and update it and answer the security questions again.

5) They offered to upgrade my personal credit card to PNC Cash Rewards. However, instead of doing a product change, they opened a second card and did a hard pull before I could even tell them that I don't want that.

6) Their check deposit scanner is $50 per month and the deposit software is so old you can't even reset your password without calling them. In addition, the merchant services rate for online deposits is higher than other banks.

I finally had enough and in the process of moving my accounts to other banks. I suggest you do the same.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I have a home equity loan with PNC Bank. In April I made a payment on April 2 for my April payment and a payment on April 29 for my May payment. PNC bank did not apply the second payment to April but as an extra payment against the principal amount. Then they charged me late payments on my May payment. It is now August and this matter is still not resolved. Neither the corporate office or my local branch have been responsive and the Escalation Department refused to return my call. I would NEVER recommend this bank to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I was a excellent customer. Paid over my minimum personnel car loan since 2015, then worked very hard to get this loan pd off 1 1/2 yrs early. Excited and anxious to hold that title in my hand and they lost it! Of course easy to say postal service lost it. I waited over 4 weeks to call and find out the disappointing news. Now I wait for over 1 week for them to send documentation so I can out of my own pocket get a new title with the BMV. Why do banks think it is ok to send such an important documentation such as a title without registered mail! Will never do business with this branch again. Beware! Request registered mail for Car titles, it doesn't cost that much to give great customer service, esp. with the money they make off of us. Yes, so easy just to blame the postal service and go on....I have never had mail lost before, strange it happens now!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Awful bank!! They have so many hidden fees it absolutely awful!!!! Do not bank here. They will rip you off with fees. I had a fee on my account that was a mishap from me. A honest mistake and I called right away because I was aware of it and they could not help me because it was a human error. Are you kidding me?!! They were not good about being professional at all. They were actually ** acting like I was stupid and kept saying the same thing every time I asked a question. They kept repeating themselves like it was a recorded line. Bad business PNC.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I was promised that total free checking account for my business but later I found out there are many types of hidden fees from this bank. It charges you for paper statement fee and you can cancel it. It charges you $10 per month for no reason. I don't usually read the small lines of text when I open a bank account but I got bitten. It also has many other types of fees I don't even know what they are. Furthermore, it charged me $50 for closing accounts. It is the worst nightmare I ever hand with this bank.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

PNC charged off my account as bad debt, after I had years of excellent account. After I deposited my Federal Income tax return check in the ATM May 1, 2019, they did not process it. Escalation supervisor said, because I had good account, she allowed $500 of the larger amount of the return check transferred to my credit card while full check was traced. Meanwhile branch supervisors gave me wrong information for weeks. One told me I had to wait until returned check processed through mail, another told me I could request an image if I walked in a branch and have my full refund check cashed. Then another told me that was wrong info and that same day, another told me they sent return image check to my previous address (not to address on Federal check where I presently lived).

After I drove to the state, knocked on door to ask present renter, and received no info, then PNC manager told me, 20 DAYS LATER, the check was lost and I needed to contact IRS for a new check. I then contacted IRS and applied for another check, which takes at least a-6-weeks-process. Finally, IRS put a tracer on the check and said PNC returned the check May 6! After I received another check from IRS, in JULY, I immediately went to branch to pay back $500.00, and that's when I learned my account was closed, charged off. I asked for a reversal and was told -- "no." I was given wrong information and now, have a mark against my credit and no bank account.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I really like the type of accounts PNC Bank offers such as Virtual Wallet. I set up a checking account (spend account), a savings account that can also be used in case I write a check or overspend that can be transfer to the spending account right away without an overdraft fee, and a savings account where long term saving can occur by putting money in and not taking it out until I want to take it out. I uses virtual account with debit card all the time and I have checks just in case of merchandise that does not take a debit card such as girl scouts selling cookies or the school selling candles. I like it because I do not carry cash around which I know I would spend if it was there.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I have a mortgage with PNC, they let someone change all my personal information, my sister in law who was taking care of my payments because my brother is on the Deed. The mortgage became 4 months behind before I found out. PNC told me they have recordings of my sister in law changing my address, email and phone number on August 5, 2018, in November my sister in law told PNC I was fired from my employment and then in December my sister in law asked for a payment plan. Pnc told this to me. I was never fired. I am retired and PNC has my retirement award letter proving it.

I filed for a modification with PNC to save my rental home. 1st modification stated I did not make enough money- second modification- PNC took my payment then told me my 2nd modification was turned down because the property is a rental. I have been making every payment on time since I found out it was delinquent. I had a credit score of 780. I am a responsible person and now my credit score is 661. Housing pays the mortgage because my tenant was placed in my house by Baltimore City, because her 20 year old son was shot and killed. My tenant has also battled cancer and her daughter as well. PNC is aware of this. And still will not give me a modification. They are blaming the investor. Bull!!!! This is the worse bank ever!!

Original review: July 31, 2019

My experience here had been horrible. Their system doesn’t efficiently update for your activity, so you can’t really keep track of your account. It's literally all over the place. I was charged twice for 2 transactions where I had to file a dispute. I wasn’t aware of the small negative balance. It didn’t show up until I was charged an overdraft fee. I put in money the same day to cover the negative balance and still got charged another over draft fee. Customer service is horrible in helping, don’t even bother! They can’t help you. It has happened to me like 3-4 times.

Original review: July 31, 2019

I’ve dealt with a lot of people in customer service and I use to work in a call center so I know the job isn’t that hard. When I called I was told one thing would happen with my account and there would not be any overdraft fees posted. We got everything sorted out! I wake up this morning to $108 in overdraft fees! I call back and am told I will get a call back, never do. So I call again and they say the same thing. Never get a call. I ask to speak to whoever is in charge and this person was very rude and said “She doesn’t want to talk to you”. I am annoyed beyond belief! I just want what said was going to be fixed!

PNC Bank Company Information