PNC Bank

PNC Bank
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.13/5

PNC Bank Reviews

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I opened a PNC account for my Netflix and EBay. They deactivated my account due to no transactions yet every month Netflix was being taken out and so was a 7.00 monthly fee. I have had this account for a few years. I have two hundred dollars still remaining in the account which I have not heard anything about that before my account was de-activated. Now I have to start my Netflix and eBay set up all over again. I have my regular checking with Wells Fargo which I plan on switching everything to them now and will never use PNC again!!!!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I am very unhappy the Rainbow store put a hold on my money in my account I tried to purchase items with because I apparently forget to update my address. I didn't know it would be such a big deal. Anyway the store emailed me a paper where I should be able to get my funds back right away and instead I still have to wait 7 business days. Not happy. I will not be using my card for this store any more cash only. Also this bank sucks. For real I was told first they didn't have a fax number then I couldn't email it to them but given a fax number but I'm still gonna have to wait. This Bank ** a fat **. When I have time I'm taking my business elsewhere. I would give zero stars if I could.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

Incompetence, ignorance & blatant inconsideration on behalf of PNC. I placed a stop payment on a $300 check within 2 hours of issuance. I was told, on a recorded line, the stop payment has been applied & I will see a $30 charge on my next payment. Shortly after, I noticed the $300 check cleared. I called PNC & they told me they would view the recorded tape & call me in a few days. I just received a call from PNC. They heard the tape which confirmed the stop payment.

However, the PNC representative did not fully initiate the return. Therefore, the stop payment was not effectively processed. She (PNC representative) said I should have called 3 days after the check issuance instead of the same day to stop payment. This is nonsense. Why would it be advisable to wait longer to stop payment on a check. Furthermore, she advised me to take the matter to small claims court for $300? This is all you need to know about PNC. I will take my business elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

Delaying tactics used by PNC. Despite the fact that I have their statement in front of me, and they are calling me on the phone number of record, they insist that they send me an email and then call them back in order to just talk with them about my account. Also, NEVER establish a checking account with them just to service your HELOC or mortgage account - once you pay in full (over $400k, my second HELOC with them) they will then start charging you low balance fees of $15 per month and drain your account BECAUSE THEY AREN'T SMART ENOUGH TO TIE YOUR ACCOUNTS TOGETHER, AND REALIZE THAT YOU'VE PAID YOUR ACCOUNT IN FULL!! Total ** up mess over there.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Truly the most inefficient antiquated bank ever. I tried to set up automatic payment and after 4 phone calls, a mailed letter (they don't take email) and 45 days, I closed the account as I couldn't get a reply from "underwriting". Let's make sure this is correct, I want to automatically transfer money from my checking account to pay a loan and they can't approve it??? Nice folks in the call center but the bank is weighed down with procedures other lenders don't have. After moving my loan I still haven't received a single communication. Dinosaur Banking.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

My wife and I requested a simple HELOC renewal to take advantage of a lower interest rate and now five months later we had to abandon the entire renewal because of significant incompetence by PNC Bank's underwriting department. As a result of the treatment received from PNC we moved all of our personal, business, retirement and insurance assets to another institution. We will be closing our loan out as well soon. This was a tough decision because we really liked our personal banker but the level of incompetence in the loan process was too much to overlook.

Here are the major issues we encountered that factored into our decision to leave PNC:

1. Loan application was modified by PNC without our knowledge or consent. They inappropriately excluded my salary.

2. Desk appraisal review conducted by PNC resulted in a lower valuation than the original appraisal done by PNC in 2015. The appraisal was substandard, lacked proper comps and yet concluded the value of the property was lower even though all of the properties within the immediate area have increased over the last 4 years. Valuation was even lower than the tax appraisal which made no logical sense.

3. PNC chose to communicate significant conclusions by mail as opposed to calling us to discuss the problems they ran into which were self inflicted by PNC.

Avoid PNC for any banking or lending needs. There is no transparency or communication.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Started and told that I was approved. Gave them all of the documentation that was required and at the very end after one month told me that the loan was canceled. (Debit to income.) We receive annuity and pension payments that could not be used because it is in my wife's name but my debit is shared with my wife. If I would have known that I would have never applied. (Waste of time.) Went to Members First for Equity Line and was approved the same day. Do not use this company...

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

PNC bought my mortgage. It turns out that the bank is only able to accept payments via paper coupon via US mail. This process is antiquated and does not give me flexibility to make multiple payments from my checking account to reduce my rate cost on the loan. PNC should not be in mortgage servicer business if they are not able to offer the payee same flexibility as the other services can. This is a Horrible experience!!! I just cannot imagine what this bank would be as a regular bank - I am now stuck with them for decades and wish that this institution would have modern banking technology. If you have choice in banks - I urge anyone to choose any one else.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Worst of the worst, called twice today and was on hold over 20-25 minutes each time just to talk to someone. My loan application was declined "unable to verify employment" after I provided 2 pay stubs dated within the last 30 days and the phone number to the corporate office for my employer. They couldn't explain why and said that the application was closed and I should wait 60 days and reapply. Don't waste your time with these idiots.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Why would they not advise a account holder that a PNC check deposited into a PNC account would have a hold? So disappointed in this Carbondale, PA branch. I am not a risk to them whatsoever, I have never cost them money but yet they can sit on my deposit for a day and make interest only to tell me “I sorry there is nothing we can do”. Meanwhile I have to deal with the embarrassment at the grocery why I couldn’t pay for groceries. Are they going to pay me interest on my credit card that I paid with? NO.

PNC Bank Company Information