PNC Bank

PNC Bank
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.71/5

PNC is a banking service and mortgage provider. It offers its borrowers perks like interest rate discounts, cashback rewards and more. While it doesn’t operate in every state, PNC lets you manage your mortgage payments online. It does have credit score requirements for some of its loan products.

PNC Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC Bank?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC?

Original review: March 23, 2021

PNC was unable to initiate a Wire Transfer from my Account to a NZ Bank Account. They said it could only be done IN PERSON and I should come into any Branch. Not possible if you are at the receiving end of said transfer. All my information was verified and I had funds in my account to cover the Wire. If you travel, and may need money while out of USA, DO NOT USE THIS BANK.

Original review: March 18, 2021

We have a PNC business credit card. We have had problems with our payments. Takes 3 to 4 weeks for them to post our payments. We have a personal loan & SUV loan through them and our payments post in 3 to 4 days. Talked with reps and they blame the post office in Louisville KY. Either way we get charged $59 late fee. talked to OUR case Manager Tiffney and let me say she has the personality of a slug. This lady goes to lunch to throw rocks at homeless people, she has pet bat's & an Alligator. Was not understanding anything. Tried to tell me to go to bank or call to make payment. That doesn't work. The account always shows NO out standing balance. And you have to have a PNC checking account to make a payment. Well the checking account fee's are $59. What is it with their $ $59 that seems to be the magic #. What a joke PNFEES.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

3 months ago I would have given PNC Bank a 5 star review. Today if I could give them a negative star review I would. For over a year I have been paying off my monthly statement by utilizing bill pay through my bank. Three months ago my checks started to take over 2 weeks to clear. As a result, I now have interest charges. I pay my outstanding bill in full each and every month.

I called the customer support today and was told that it was their policy to hold a check for 10 days before cashing it. What??!! This was not their policy 3 months ago. My check cleared within 7 days of my bank mailing the bill pay statement. This of course means that my payment is now late, even though it usually arrived 3-4 days ahead of the due date. Is this something that is okay to do to the public consumer? I will be contacting the regulatory commission to further investigate. I feel that this is just a way for PNC to rack up a profit by delaying the cashing of my checks to pay my monthly statement.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

PNC needs to fix their technology and APIs. There has been multiple times when the integration between PNC and Mint has broken down leading to the bill pay date not posting within Mint. This has happened a couple of times and I've missed a payment because of it. Even after paying down the statement immediately after getting the notification from Mint that I have a late fee, PNC won't waive the fee. Customer service over the phone wasn't particularly helpful in waiving the fee.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

For those who care... PNC only allows distribution and the other institute to transfer funds but does not offer a form to submit to PNC to transfer funds to another institution. In addition, the transfer if initiated from other institute will incur fee of $25. I've filled IRA transfer forms at many financial institutions including TD Ameritrade and Merrill Lynch and I'm sure all financial institutions have provision to submit a transfer form but either PNC is terrible about it or are intentionally making it difficult for customers to transfer to another institute. You are warned to keep off this bank for IRAs esp. if you want to transfer out in future.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

I can't for the life of me understand why they don't staff the drive-thru properly. 4 lanes. One person working AND answering the phone. You can't go into the bank anymore. I hate going there. The lines are long. They are slow and it is very annoying. Wish I could rate them on their own website so they can see the issues. I personally do not bank there, but I have to do my company's business deposits there. I also HAVE TO use their credit card system. Terrible user interface. Takes forever for things to post and I have to check ANOTHER system to see the pending items. What a waste of time.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I have been banking with PNC for about 7 years now and really never had any problems until a few months ago. Within ONE month PNC has charged me $36.00 14 TIMES!!!! I understand if you overdraft there's a fee but 14 times!!!! at 36 dollars EVERY TIME!!!! I am set up on auto-pay for pretty much all my bills and do NOT work a second job anymore due to COVID. I called to ask for at least some of my money back and was told NO! If anyone from PNC bank can do anything for me please reach out @ **

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

I have tried to get anyone at PNC branch on Church Street in Huntsville, Al. to call me back. I called them about a problem with an account that they wanted to close. I went into the office. I talked to one of the managers. I asked her if she could possibly check on something I needed them to do for me. She said she would definitely do that and she would give me a call. She said it might take a while. I said OK. I gave her my phone number. I waited for the phone call for almost a month. I went back into the office, the person I talked to was not there. No one there knew anything about my issue. There were no notes on my account. Then finally the latest stimulus check was deposited into the account.

I went to that Branch. They said I would be able to get it once it wasn't pending anymore. At midnight that night it was no longer pending. I went back in to get the money, Cashier said the money was not there. I waited while they found out what was going on. Someone else came out and told me the check was being mailed to my home address today. I checked the mail 10 days later still not arrived. Called the branch back. She said it could take 5 - 7 business days. If you haven't gotten it by Friday call and we will see about what can be done to replace check.

I called in Friday when check did not arrive. Now I am being told it is in the mail. I live 1 mile from the bank the Cashiers Check was mailed from. It cannot take more than 2 weeks to get it. I then talked to the lady I spoke to the first time. She got my phone number said she would call me back. I waited 3 hours and then called them back. They said she didn't call me back because she was at lunch. I was upset, the young man got upset with me because I said I have been lied to and I didn't want to here I know it is frustrating. He finally said give me your phone number and I will have management call you. Of course I never heard from anyone. Every time I have needed help from them they have never got back in touch with me.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I thought I would be getting my stimulus payment on the 1/1/21 like most people did, so I decided to pay a couple of things that would post to my account on the 2nd. I am terrible at spending money from my checking account, so I figured it would be best to have the payments come out the day after the stimulus was deposited into my account. I then found out that I was caught up in the fiasco that was a miscommunication between the IRS and certain tax preparation services when I unfortunately didn’t receive the stimulus on time. That caused my bank account to go into the negative and I was charged a total of $180 in overdraft fees. After I found out that I would finally be getting it on the 8th, I was very happy to see that for customers who were in my situation with a negative account, PNC would be issuing a temporary credit to assure them that they would have access to the entire $600.00.

After I received my payment at the end of the day on the 8th (a Friday), I noticed that I didn’t get the temporary credit. When I called to inquire as to why, I was at first told “Yeah unfortunately we stopped doing that”. After I told the representative that I was looking at the article on the PNC site and reading the information to her word for word and it did not give any indication that they had “stopped” giving customers access to their entire stimulus payment. After going back and forth for a moment she changed her tune and stated that the system would update overnight and that it should be there in the morning and if it wasn’t to just call back in and they would take care of it. She also said that someone from client relations would call me as well. I waited until Monday to call back and when I did, I could never have predicted what I was told.

The client relations representative from that day said that since my stimulus payment came from the tax preparer and not the IRS I wouldn’t be getting the temporary credit. When I reminded her that I wasn’t asking for anything other than what the PNC site said that I would get, which was something that every other customer in my situation got, she acted as if I were asking for something illegal. I wasn’t even asking for a refund of my overdraft charges, as I was the one who made the mistake of setting up payments to go through before I actually saw the stimulus money. All she kept saying was that she understood my situation and that she was sorry.

What’s sorry is a bank advertising a temporary credit for those customers whose account is in the negative, so that they have access to their full stimulus amount as if were a check cashed, but then not following through with that credit. Even worse is telling the customer “sorry” and “I understand your situation, but there’s nothing we can do” when the customer tells you that he will have even more fees due to being left out of the bank’s solution in error. It isn’t even like I was really getting anything from them, it was a temporary credit issued for only a 30 day period. Seems to me that they would want to take care of their customers, especially when it costs them nothing. Unless it makes more business sense to try and get as many overdraft fee charges as they can from someone. Seems obvious to me!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

I have nothing but issues with this bank. I am a PNC customer, my employer is a PNC customer and they still put a hold on a computer generated payroll check! I have never seen such absurdity. They charge their own customers a 1% fee to make funds available for immediate withdrawal on a counter or ATM deposit. And the latest and best one yet.... a hold for my IRS stimulus direct deposit. The deposit was available until approximately 3:30am on 1/1/21. I tried to pay a bill later that morning and the payment was declined. Knowing, or thinking I had sufficient funds in my account, I went to the app only to discover my direct deposit from the IRS was now dated for 1/4/21 and no longer available. I checked it again later in the day, evening now, and the deposit is now dated 12/31/20 but I still do not have access to my money. I regret ever making the move from Chase to PNC but since I moved to Indiana I assumed PNC would logistically make more sense. That was a bad decision on my part.

PNC Bank Company Information