PNC Bank

PNC Bank

3.2/5 (604 ratings)

Find Banks and Credit Unions partners near you

About PNC Bank

PNC is a banking service and mortgage provider. It offers its borrowers perks like interest rate discounts, cashback rewards and more. While it doesn’t operate in every state, PNC lets you manage your mortgage payments online. It does have credit score requirements for some of its loan products.

Find Banks and Credit Unions partners near you

PNC Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC Bank?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

This is the worst customer service experience I have ever had. Hold times over 40 min, was hung up on every single call. This Bank makes it impossible for you to cancel accounts and access your money.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

I have been dealing with PNC over 10 years and have not had a problem until recently. The IRS sent a letter to the bank for garnishment and money was removed from my account on the following day along with a $100 fee with 0 notice. I have tried to calling several times and waited over a hour to talk to someone because the garnishment was paid in full before letter was sent and should have never been removed from my account. I am highly disappointed as if this would have happened 2 years ago I would have talked to someone immediately when I called in.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

This bank gets 1 star because I have to select at least one to give a review.. Worst bank I have ever had the displeasure of being with. Have been with Bbva for 15 years and will now be closing both accounts with Pnc. Horrible online app, worst customer service. Idiot fraud detection. Even my pnc banker recommended I switch to Bank of America. The old bbva employees can't stand pnc either. Don't go with this bank, you'll regret it.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

I had a BBVA Visa for years, with no issues. They were recently bought out by PNC Bank and the transition has been agonizing. Now I have my first reported fraudulent charge on this account, and reporting it has been a nightmare. I was charged $109.00, though I ordered nothing and received nothing in terms of goods/services. Vendor submitted charge TWICE, and PNC has allowed the second charge to stick. They claim it's a "disputed charge" and must "investigate". God only knows how long this will take.

I had a credit balance of 3 dollars, prior to this. Now, after reading a Slew of negative reviews, I am extremely concerned and all I want to do now is close the account and wash my hands of PNC. So far, they have sided with the Con Artists and I am furious. No I'm not going to be crippled by a $109.00 charge, but the whole point of it is: If they are not going to protect me from the legions of Con Artists who are SWARMING us all, trying to take advantage of this Pandemic - I will have nothing to do with them. They are a Hazard to your financial well-being. STEER CLEAR of this bank!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

PNC recently acquired BBVA and the transition has been painful. Had to change our account numbers to PNCs, which meant notifying all the autopay and auto receive institutions of the changes. Trying to get questions answered requires waiting on the phone from 30 - 60 minutes every single time, if you have the time and patience! Even if you get connected you then get transferred which then requires another wait. Overall Pathetic Customer Service. Tried going to a local branch but the lobby was closed until further notice. Naturally the drive thru had a long line. ACH deposits are processed really slowly, several days. Never had problems like this with BBVA and its antecedents over the past 37 years.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I was one of the unfortunate victims forced to deal with this institution after they absorbed BBVA. I used my BBVA rewards card for all monthly purchases and paid it off at the end of the month, I tried to do the same with my PNC card. However, PNC fraud protection would allow a transaction (say groceries) one day and deny that same kind of transaction another. In the month and a half I used their card, they denied 6 transactions, 1 was an emergency. Thankfully I had my Capital One on me. I called to get this resolved and was hit with extremely rude and snide comments that led to no resolution. When I asked for a supervisor to take my call, the rep said he was a supervisor and wouldn't transfer me. I switched to my Capital One card and shredded my useless PNC card. I'm also changing my checking to a different bank. My advice would be to steer clear of PNC.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I was a loyal, satisfied customer of BBVA in Texas. The acquisition by PNC was a total disaster...now the customer service is simply terrible. I have encountered countless mistakes by the bank and they really don't care. My advice...find another bank. Any bank would be better than PNC...truly a joke!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2021

PNC has been most egregious in handling the dissolution of a trust account after the death of my mother. They have frozen all accounts understandable but have deducted fees on a monthly basis without allowing us to trade or use the account. They have consistently procrastinated completing this small account for 11 months now. There is no excuse for the lack of inaction, lack of communications and depleting the account with absurd fees. Further they charge a hefty fee for legal expenses without even consulting or sharing an estimate. PNC should be investigated by the SEC.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

This has to be the worst bank in banking when it comes to customer service!! I can deposit a mobile deposit into my credit Union and receive funds in 2 hours! And PNC can’t even transfer from one PNC account to another with a check without holding it for 1 business day! The bank statements are hardly ever available! And I could go on and on, save yourself the headache and do not Bank here! If I didn’t have 25 business account transferred when they bought out my original bank! I’d shut them all down!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

So they closed my bank account for $2. I never received a notice of them closed in my bank account consider not have an open savings account so they could have just took $2 out of, I have a direct deposit hit my account with PNC Bank because they close my bank account the day before my money still missing. I don't know where it's at. They said that it takes 15 days to send back to the sender. I would never use the service again. It was the worst experience and to this day no one can tell me where my money is.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

I had a high yield account at PNC Bank for years until I decided to move my funds to my local bank and put a deposit on a property. Worst nightmare ever dealing with PNC. They do everything possible so that you don't take out a penny. Put my transfer on hold and when I tried to do a wire, well it's easier to win the Olympics.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

Took my father into the PNC Ridge Rd. Parma branch to withdraw Christmas money. When we got to the teller my father handed her [with dark hair and glasses] his debit card and driver's license. She asked if we had a withdraw slip filled out, my father said no. We went back to the desks in the bank and there were no withdraw slips, so we got back in line. This time the other girl [with light hair ] waited on us and was very helpful. After the withdraw we sat down and waited to be called into one of the offices [I had some online questions]. We were ignored for 15 mins, they never said a word to us and had no other customers, they hid in a back room. Today I am trying to talk my Dad into closing his accounts and moving over to Chase.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I've had a great experience with PNC Bank so far! I have their prepaid card, and it's been fantastic for me. Great customer service, excellent card, I love the tap pay feature available, I've never had one issue when it comes to banking with PNC. I do look forward getting a checking account with them in the future. I do recommend the SmartAccess Card. It's the best prepaid card I have ever used. PNC Bank is wonderful.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

If I could give PNC's customer service 0 stars I would. I have been a member of PNC since they were national city. My account has been hacked several times in the past few days and their customer service is completely unreachable! I've tried using their call return service, waiting on hold, Connecting with the online chat, No one ever answers and yet they act like they're going to but the call wait time never goes down from 20 minutes. PNC really needs to get their act together.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

I get locked out of my business account at least once a month. I have to go into the bank to unlock it. I was unable to pay my rent on time on several occasions, because of this. I'm unable to do anything online. It is useless. DO NOT use this bank for business.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

I paid 3300, (a year's worth of car payments) ahead of time. Not three months later, the car was repossessed. The bank teller told me I could do this. Later, the loan department or the retail branch just stopped doing monthly payments and put it all towards principal. This is a predatory loan practice and has left me without a car. PNC has a clever way of shifting you around to different departments until you get fed up. Always demand to speak to a supervisor as soon as you get on the phone. User's recommendation: Use a different company for banking and loans.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

I closed all my PNC accounts a month ago. Now I get a notification my account (closed) has a banking fee and is overdrafted. When I closed my accounts, I received all the correct paperwork that confirmed the closure, the check with my current final balance, and a final statement that showed a $0.00 balance. I made sure I had all proper proof of closure. NOW they're showing me there was ONE PENNY left in the account that kept it open, so they charged me a fee for not having the minimum $500 balance. I called and got it resolved easily, but they claimed they didn't know why there was one penny left. If you ask me, it was done on purpose so they could try and collect fees. I'm pretty sure that's illegal. There was absolutely no reason for my accounts to have been opened with one penny left when I closed all of them properly. PNC is absolutely criminal, even after you leave them.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

Hello, I am a business customer. I'm trying to reach someone that can help me resolve a negligent issue. As a valued PNC customer, I trust my finances with your institution. It saddens me that I have been reaching out for almost 2 months for you guys to stop am 7,800 international wire fraud on my BUSINESS ACCOUNT. I have been extremely patient while being assured that everything will be taken care of in timely fashion. I had my wire recalled immediately, before the intermediate bank ever released the funds. So I feel like your wire department mishandled this business wire fraud investigation.

Knowing how fast wires are processed, and internationally at that, before even leaving pnc... This transaction should have been fine tooth combed.. Instead, I get a new bank employee, without any experience to process my wire. I asked her to please investigate and make sure this was legit... With all of the fraud tools that all financial institutions have now, there is no way that account holders should just lose their money to scammers. We put our trust into your institutions to protect us from these types of harm. For your institution to tell me that it's just a loss, is very unacceptable. There has to be consequences. I don't think it's ethical to hold clients responsible for fraud to scammers.. You guys have created a loophole for the scammers to take our money, because they know that you, pnc, will not care basically.

This law needs amendment immediately. I'm sure I'm only one of many business owners who have been scammed. I am reaching out to all platforms for this matter publicly. I have been calling your bank and going in since October 15th, nothing has been resolved.. Y'all have given the scammers time to complete the transaction because pnc wasn't consistent. Pnc didn't make sure that it was stopped. Just sending an email request or 2 and having to wait weeks for no response from pnc isn't sufficient. When you, pnc, have the power to contact the intermediate and the beneficiary bank... This is the worst financial services and advice ever. Someone from corporate escalations needs to reach out to me immediately. I will be sharing this on all social media platforms. Thank you

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I used PNC bank for my mortgage. They charged the highest fees possible and referred me to their closing company. There were so many people involved that we had to keep sending the same information over again many times. I closed on my house with their company and 2 months later I do not have deed. I cannot pay my taxes because the property is still in the old owner's name. I have spent days emailing and making phone calls and they just keep passing it along to the next person. I think PNC could save a lot on payroll and have happier customers if they would get rid of some of their lower management staff. The clerks at the bottom are the only ones working.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

Credit card with reward points. They only give $1 for every 500 points. Pathetic. No card with this type reward will attract any person. Cards all over the USA have many benefits much much better than PNC.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

I am to my wits end with this bank! I had a Simple account for the longest time which was acquired by BBVA, and I stopped having direct deposit due to not being happy with this change and fraud which happened prior and still never got resolved. Never agreed to BBVA handing over my information as the switch yet again was acquired by PNC Bank. My account was not even being used and no fees were happening until the day I got the letter from PNC about them closing my account with a negative balance of $91.35. What? Letter came from "Branden", their Recovery Specialist.

This is an unfair practice by banks acquiring other banks and this should stop! With the current events and rents being increased after the pandemic I am in no position to shelling out this amount of money, let alone had never agreed to anything with PNC! We've also had mailboxes being stolen or opened illegally around our neighborhood, a problem we are dealing for quite some time. I hope this review goes put to the people at PNC Bank N. A., because this is unfair to many if us and I've read many reviews about them and their high fees! My next claim will be the Better Business Bureau because this is not very American on their part!!!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

Banked with BBVA compass since I opened my business in 2005. Had no problems. They switched to PNC. Problems begin. I call to try to find out how to fix it. They say I have to come in. I go in and wait FOREVER to speak to the one teller. There are workers standing around, moving around, but not tending to customers. Took so long I couldn't complete my task. Waited two weeks, picked a diff time and went again. This time no one in line. There are two tellers. Female says, "he will be with you in a minute". I ask which booth he works from. She repeats, "he will be with you in a minute."

We do this 3 times. I give up and stay where I'm at. He looks up and says "that lady is next". She gathers up scattered documents and goes to his window. I wait. And wait. They leave. I go to window tell them my problem, they say, you will need to see a banker and you have to sign in using this bar code with your phone and she is busy with someone, but will be with you soon. I'm frustrated and leave. Go to a different branch. No one is in lobby. Man greets me and says, can I help you. I'm thrilled. Yes, I need to talk to a banker. He says, sure, go to the bar code and sign in.

Blood pressure rising. I do so, message on my phone says to go outside and pick up a number. Dude is standing there. I say, "what do I do?" He says, I will just check you in. SERIOUSLY. Here's where the fun begins. My wife is my bookkeeper and has the online app. He pulls my account up to find the problem. We can't fix the problem, but we find the solution.

He says he can't do the solution because my wife has to. I say I am 100% owner of the account, and here is my ID and passwords and any security question you want to ask. He says, he can't help me. I say, "This is my account. You have it on the screen. And you're saying I have to go home and have my wife fix it after you guys told me I have to come in?" He said, yes. I said, so basically I have to do my banking all online, you guys don't offer in person service. He says, more or less. I say, I'm a boomer and am moderately tech savvy, but what about older people who are not, they can't do business in person? He answers, "You would be surprised at how most people bank online." This is a true, absurd, story. It's complicated, I have three business accounts through them, but I'm moving to a new bank.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

I was unhappy with BBVA so I closed my account on August 6th 2021. Somehow PNC got my closed account in their November 2021 merger. PNC decided to charge my closed account with a $3 fee. And since it was closed and had a zero balance it went negative. So they charged me $81 in fee and overdraft fee on a closed account. They want $81 from me. I never had a PNC account. They are attempting to extort $81 from an account I had already closed.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

We made it to 4 days before our closing date to find out Underwriting dropped the ball and was dishonest. And several new applications were filed (without our authorization). To be told our application was cancelled and were not notified of this and would not have known if I had not been calling. If you want to waste time and money then PNC is great, I have been calling and emailing with no resolution and no one calls back when they say they will. So I guess they think we are just going to be out all this money and time. Even the managers have a problem with doing their job, no wonder no one who knows how to do their job have I seen.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Swept from BBVA to PNC Investments. If you ever hear that is going to happen to you, cash in your accounts BEFORE it happens. No customer service. Clutter sent to your email with no unsubscribe. Calls to customer service not helpful. Told to contact Investment Representative. Catch is that there is no way to speak to your investment representative - just the same phone tree that takes 10 minutes to climb, and STILL unable to contact anyone but an inexperienced, unhelpful customer service rep. No email anywhere. Apparently if you are on Twitter, you can message them?!?!? Decided to close account. They can't even do that - I have to go to Prudential to do that. 26 minutes to be told I'll have to pay over $800 to close my account now. So sorry I ever made this investment.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

BBVA switched to PNC. We enjoyed BBVA but, have had nothing but poor service from these people. Yesterday we went to the PNC on Bayou Blvd in Pensacola Florida to try and close our account we had to pay for an oops which we did but we're told that we couldn't close the account in the same day. So we came to the one on Hwy 29 in Pensacola Florida and have been waiting over an hour just to get the account closed. If you want a bank in Pensacola Florida that cares about their clients go to Harvester's Federal Credit Union not only are they fast but helpful and friendly as well.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

If I could give 0 stars or negative stars I would. I applied for a HELOC in July. In every step of the process the loan officer assigned to me was unresponsive. Finally we were approved while I was out of the country. I received an email that said I had 48 hours to respond or they would close the application. I waited 4 months for them but I only got 2 days. This bank is terrible, annoying and not responsive. I hope this review with help others make a better decision. Stay away from this incompetent horrible bank.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

As a BBVA customer, I was forced to become a PNC Bank customer after they took over. I can honestly say that PNC is by far the absolute WORST bank I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with, and I have done business with a lot of banks in my lifetime, as well as worked for a few. Not only do the employees of PNC simply not give a crap, but PNC also seems to have some of the worst systems I have ever seen as well. Going from BBVA to this nightmare bank has been an awful experience. FYI...don't use the debit card lock feature if you might possibly want to unlock the card at night during one of their weekly system updates. Not only does the lock/unlock option disappear for 2-3 hours during these system updates (PNC confirmed this has been a long-known issue by them), leaving you unable to use your debit card if it was locked prior to the update beginning, they also conveniently don't offer any sort of customer support during the overnight hours either.

Additionally, I can't even begin to tell you how many issues I have run into trying to utilize their online banking system. In fact, as I write this review, their online banking system is completely down. I cannot for the life of me, fathom why anyone would choose to do business with these clowns. How is this bank still in business? On top of all of this, they also have the audacity to take my once free small business checking account I had with BBVA, and now force me to start paying a monthly fee for it. They have another thing coming if they think I will ever pay a single damn dime for a vastly inferior product than what BBVA offered for free. I will most definitely be closing this account and going elsewhere ASAP. I would advise anyone considering this bank, to pick literally any other financial institution to do business with. Heck, keeping your money under your mattress is a better option than these people.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I've banked with PNC for most of my life, in the last 37 years they have had my personal and business banking. In recent years our local PNC office has turned into a training ground for new employees, as of recently they announced they will be closing our local branch with no regards to the community that has supported them for many years. If you can do it online you are in luck. If you have to call in and the rep can't help you you are told you will received a call back with in 48 hours, good luck with that. Today I received a call back after 2 weeks, I told the rep, "Thanks but I have already remedied the problem," I'm in the process of closing my last account that I have with them. January 1, 2022 I will start the year with a new Bank. Their customer service is non existent in the office, on the phone or online. My recommendation is bank some place else.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I was a very happy Simple customer, until they sold out to BBVA. BBVA sucked, but their app was at least usable. PNC has a crap app and is basically unreachable by phone. I'd be surprised if the organization exists in 5 years. DO NOT CONSIDER BANKING WITH PNC!

PNC Bank Company Information