PNC Bank

PNC Bank
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.13/5

PNC Bank Reviews

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

They will do everything they can to charge fees. They have already been caught and sued for manipulating it so all withdrawals in a day came out first and all deposits came out after to improve their chances of charging overdraft fees. They are still as crooked as ever and I am looking forward to switching to a new banking asap.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

PNC is one of the worst banks I have ever dealt with. They are totally greedy and just want to charge fees fees fees. They offer no help for anything. God forbid if you make an honest mistake, holy crap, they will give you the death penalty if they could. The people that work there are just corporate robots reading scripts. I would not do business with them at all.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

I experienced having PNC abuse their powers & steal over $500,000.00 in equity in our home, break the law, give it to their investor that buys questionably bad mortgages, keep us in court 15 years, abuse the intent of the law, force my attorney to quit representing me when bullying her did not work by stating the jury would be too dumb to understand why she could be representing me & simultaneously be a witness with evidence that their attorney lied prior to the lawsuit. Judge ** comment was ‘justice was not served’.

If that wasn’t bad enough, they continued to appeal the verdict, continued lying, & got away with theft. Pat ** lied about an escheatable account that has existed for over 14 years & I challenge anyone in the USA to find those dollars. The lie cost me another $450,000 that the jury awarded. For more info - check out cases in GA that ended in Fulton Co Superior Court on 1/29/2016. If you use this bank or do businesses with companies that use this bank, you are in fact increasing the power of some of the most evil & greedy citizens of the USA.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

So thankful I finally got confused enough with PNCs evil tactics!!! I have a very labor intensive job that I work hard for every dollar I earn but PNC obviously feels otherwise. I chose to open an account with them due to the promotional offer they made to receive $300 credit in doing so. Shame on me for not realizing that of itself was probably a warning sign of something too good to be true! But that's not even the best part. Never received a dime credited to my account! After being charged very random $15 service fees I decided to give their customer service a test.

I figured maybe if I could speak with a good agent about never receiving my $300 credit for opening the account it would help compensate for said fees. Upon speaking with an agent by telephone she never even attempted to give me any sort of explanation. She told me that it was an issue that a separate department would have to review and call me back at some unspecified date."Strange" is the idea that came to mind. I accepted it as another loss and went about focusing on my own job instead.

For the final issue is my favorite! In the past 2+ years I have had my account open with them and weekly direct deposits sent there I can no longer keep track of how many times they have manipulated my account balance to cause me to be charged overdraft fees. I wanted to blame myself at first for not being disciplined enough with my spending habits. It finally got to be too much of an issue and too expensive to ignore! Virtual Wallet!! LOL! Virtual deception is a better description.

They add. Subtract. Credit. Charge fees. Then more fees, fees!!! Just in a random enough order that if you're busy enough. Work enough. Frequently make purchases with the ugly orange and black debit card they issue you then it makes it easier to doubt or blame yourself instead of waste time dealing with customer service that basically is non-existent. I now get the pleasure of spending my limited personal time away from work going through old statements reviewing charges and fees that they swindled me out of.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

This bank has to be the hardest bank to work with in the USA! Unfortunately, I have a mortgage through them. The customer service is non existent, both at the brick and mortar sites and online! I have never had to try so hard to give anyone money! The inter-communication is apparently non existent, and they need a good hard review of their policies. I even have had a teller take my money and tell me it was counterfeit without any proof, or any statement in the mail regarding the fact.There are too many other banks available, choose one of them!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I am 54 years old, own 3 businesses. PNC is the worst in all my experiences. PNC has lied to me telling me my account was closed, but kept it open so they could charge thousands in unjustified bank fees. PNC gave me a check to close my account, but never closed it, putting my account in the negative. I have CLOVER a Point of sale system. Clover and PNC are one. For days now they have robbed me of all my sells automatically taking my sales from each day. Clover is set to auto send money at midnight to pnc and the settings cannot be changed. Kelly at PNC merchant tole me on DEc 31 my sales would not go through to pnc because I had officially closed the account. All my sale have continues to go to pnc.

I cannot say enough negative things to accurately describe their abusive and deceptive corrupt tactics. NEVER use pnc or clover. I have already hired a lawyer. Sad when you have to sue a bank to get your own money. PNC is refusing to close my account until I pay them $3500 as a termination fee for a system which is useless.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I had an auto loan with PNC in end of Nov 2019. I tried a fund transfer from another bank account to PNC to pay for one part of the loan on Dec 16. After online initialization I could not see the schedule transfer from PNC account. I called PNC, they said I should contact my other bank (weird). I turned out that transfer didn't go through from my other bank side. I then called PNC again, told them the transfer didn't go through. But PNC kept saying it was paid. I then made another transfer and paid the the remaining. PNC then closed my account. I called them. They said it's paid off. Regardless that I said I wanted to pay the amount of first transfer, they insisted it's paid off.

On Dec 31, I found my PNC bank account is re-open. They charged another month of interest on my loan. I have called at least 5 or 6 times, trying to make the payment. I even went to the local branch. Same answer. They just ignored it. It seems to me they tried their best to keep your loan stay as long as possible by kicking the ball to the other bank.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

I opened a Premier Savings account on-line with several large deposits from the sale of my house, to be held until I repurchased. When I wanted to take money out, it was nearly impossible. Spent nearly 2 hours on the phone with cust. service, but no satisfaction there. Withdrawals are only allowed as restricted amounts and may be held for 3-4 days "to clear". It would have taken more than two weeks to transfer all the money out given the restrictions and it would have blown the purchase of my new home. In order to get a wire transfer of all my money I had to drive 50 miles each way from CT to NJ to get my money back. Nothing but a run-around on the phone and a circuitous telephone system. This is the worst customer experience I've ever had with a financial institution, except for Experian, of course. FYI - I made similar withdrawals from my E-Trade and Goldman Sachs accounts in about 1 minute each with no hassle.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

They allowed a totally unauthorized $2000 transaction to go through, when I contacted them, waffle, waffle totally in denial all I wanted was details because I know they are totally incapable of sorting out or admitting they messed up, they installed the automated systems to save money and increase profits so they are responsible for all mistakes made by systems installed. Already caught out one government institution computers never wrong yet I had documentary evidence they were, so they blamed the programmer. Now they no longer provide documents. Anyone want to join in on a class action suit? Divided we fall, united they have to address these problems and sort them out. This is not first time I have had problems ever since they have installed automated systems. The service has sucked.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

I have a loan on my truck through PNC. I bought this truck brand new in 2014 and have made $500.00 a month payments on time every month since. As I'm getting toward the end I thought I noticed my balance no longer decreasing. I chalked it up to me just seeing things for a month or two but this last month I made sure to check it. I had about $3300 left when I submitted yet another $500.oo payment. I logged back in to check after the payment was taken from my account and it showed about $2800.00 as it should have. This time when I logged in it now shows $3300.00 again so now I'm wondering how many times this has happened.

I called in twice to the loan department only to be told they can't see the starting balance for each month and that someone would call me back. I tried to log in online to the pnc site and could not so I called again. The rep this time told me I would have to wait 3 days for a password!!?? You mean you can't reset that from over the phone!? It's almost 2020. I can pay off my house with an app off my Samsung but you can't reset a password for online banking!? Seems like a stupid thing to be angry about but I wanted it reset before I went over the due date only to be told, "No, we can't do that." So now I have to make another payment so it's not late and PNC can't/won't verify the balance amounts except by mail.... Never doing any kind of business with PNC again.

PNC Bank Company Information