1.17/5

1110 PNC Bank Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I called PNC Bank because I couldn't find my automatic payment information that I set up. It is the 15th of August and payment should have been taken out of bank account, funds still there. Called customer service number, was on hold for 10 minutes the first time, and got disconnected. Second time I am currently on hold for 45 minutes with no one coming to help, with a stated wait of 5 minutes. Tried calling on another line to see if someone is even in mortgage department and got put on hold again. I just need to know if my mortgage is going to be funded through my bank before late fee added, I tried just making a payment on-line and it states that I can't make one because one is set up. PLEASE ANSWER PHONE.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I went to the PNC Branch to open a Savings account versus a Checking account, since I did not plan to use the money. The branch representative kept pushing for me to open this “special” type of Checking Account, so after repeatedly saying I want a Savings Account I reluctantly opened it. A family emergency involving my mother came up and I had to spend about 99% of the money, which dropped the balance below the $2,000 threshold for monthly fees being waived. If the representative would have listened to me and opened the Savings Account like I asked, I would not have been charged $90.00 in fees, because my account balance would not have been an issue with the Savings Account I requested.

Now the Customer Service Representative, his Manager, Branch Manager and Retail Escalations Department say they cannot give me a refund on all or Even Part fees. Do I need to be Aware of PNC using tactics that Better Serves Their Needs Versus The Customer’s? It is time to refinance the mortgage knowing that if they cannot help me out over a small issue, what will they do on a larger issue on a loan?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I've been a customer for a very long time. I've been using online statements, their phone app and checking account....I've been there before they were PNC, I have not left and was a loyal customer. Somehow things changed...just last few months things have changed. I can see online every time I use money and see it deducted and see how much I'm left, and I look several times a day and every day. It use not matter the pending amounts cause they would deduct from total. They still do but the pending amounts now stay pending for several days, sometimes a week and then when it settles you're now negative and when you look down your statement the amounts are not the same.

I can look every day and see the things I buy being deducted even if they're pending or not. This is how it's been for years but now when pending clears I'm then negative. And where it showed me I have money it shows something different all of sudden when cleared. This never happened before. I've always been able to manage my pending accounts. Why for several days I watch careful it will say like 8 dollars for several days until I spend it. Then pending clears...negative. It hasn't always been like this and PNC reps tell me they don't know what I'm talking about and making me feel like I'm crazy. Now I'm pulling money out and going somewhere else. Why now with online do I need to carry a register and manually deduct my own money?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

This bank is awful and has never helped me in a single thing that I need. I have a debit card with them and it is constantly put on hold (suspected fraud) and they make me call to verify, every single time. TD bank doesn't make me call!! I also recently put in a credit card application with them and the process has solidified my terrible view of them. I have to call their department to verify information (instead of online like every other bank) and instead of connecting me with the person I need to speak to originally I have to verify my info to 4 separate people before being helped. My last call with them I was on hold for a half hour, they gave no indication of how long the hold would be and I sat on the line just to tell them my name/social/address so they could push my application through. I honestly hope I get rejected from this credit application so I never have to deal with this poorly managed bank and incompetent customer service department ever again.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

My experience is that PNC is the worst bank for both personal and business accounts. Here is why:

1) Their relationship managers and underwriters are unprofessional and don't care about me. They would never follow up with me when they say they would and the last one met me once and then ignored me. Even though they offered some options they never got back to me and never even replied to my email on how to proceed.

2) Their online system is antiquated. Their website looks like it hasn't been updated in years, the font is too small, and the mobile app looks like a spreadsheet. At some point Chrome did SSL update and I couldn't login to my account for months unless I used a different browser. When I called them they told me they were working with Google to resolve that.

3) Their online security consists of constantly pestering you with silly security questions. Even if you are using the same computer, you will be asked these questions again and again. When other banks use mobile authentication, PNC still asks who you went to prom with.

4) If you are using Xero or another site that connects to your bank with Yodlee, PNC is my only account that would often stop working and syncing, and I would have to delete the login and update it and answer the security questions again.

5) They offered to upgrade my personal credit card to PNC Cash Rewards. However, instead of doing a product change, they opened a second card and did a hard pull before I could even tell them that I don't want that.

6) Their check deposit scanner is $50 per month and the deposit software is so old you can't even reset your password without calling them. In addition, the merchant services rate for online deposits is higher than other banks.

I finally had enough and in the process of moving my accounts to other banks. I suggest you do the same.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I have a home equity loan with PNC Bank. In April I made a payment on April 2 for my April payment and a payment on April 29 for my May payment. PNC bank did not apply the second payment to April but as an extra payment against the principal amount. Then they charged me late payments on my May payment. It is now August and this matter is still not resolved. Neither the corporate office or my local branch have been responsive and the Escalation Department refused to return my call. I would NEVER recommend this bank to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I was a excellent customer. Paid over my minimum personnel car loan since 2015, then worked very hard to get this loan pd off 1 1/2 yrs early. Excited and anxious to hold that title in my hand and they lost it! Of course easy to say postal service lost it. I waited over 4 weeks to call and find out the disappointing news. Now I wait for over 1 week for them to send documentation so I can out of my own pocket get a new title with the BMV. Why do banks think it is ok to send such an important documentation such as a title without registered mail! Will never do business with this branch again. Beware! Request registered mail for Car titles, it doesn't cost that much to give great customer service, esp. with the money they make off of us. Yes, so easy just to blame the postal service and go on....I have never had mail lost before, strange it happens now!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Awful bank!! They have so many hidden fees it absolutely awful!!!! Do not bank here. They will rip you off with fees. I had a fee on my account that was a mishap from me. A honest mistake and I called right away because I was aware of it and they could not help me because it was a human error. Are you kidding me?!! They were not good about being professional at all. They were actually ** acting like I was stupid and kept saying the same thing every time I asked a question. They kept repeating themselves like it was a recorded line. Bad business PNC.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I was promised that total free checking account for my business but later I found out there are many types of hidden fees from this bank. It charges you for paper statement fee and you can cancel it. It charges you $10 per month for no reason. I don't usually read the small lines of text when I open a bank account but I got bitten. It also has many other types of fees I don't even know what they are. Furthermore, it charged me $50 for closing accounts. It is the worst nightmare I ever hand with this bank.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

PNC charged off my account as bad debt, after I had years of excellent account. After I deposited my Federal Income tax return check in the ATM May 1, 2019, they did not process it. Escalation supervisor said, because I had good account, she allowed $500 of the larger amount of the return check transferred to my credit card while full check was traced. Meanwhile branch supervisors gave me wrong information for weeks. One told me I had to wait until returned check processed through mail, another told me I could request an image if I walked in a branch and have my full refund check cashed. Then another told me that was wrong info and that same day, another told me they sent return image check to my previous address (not to address on Federal check where I presently lived).

After I drove to the state, knocked on door to ask present renter, and received no info, then PNC manager told me, 20 DAYS LATER, the check was lost and I needed to contact IRS for a new check. I then contacted IRS and applied for another check, which takes at least a-6-weeks-process. Finally, IRS put a tracer on the check and said PNC returned the check May 6! After I received another check from IRS, in JULY, I immediately went to branch to pay back $500.00, and that's when I learned my account was closed, charged off. I asked for a reversal and was told -- "no." I was given wrong information and now, have a mark against my credit and no bank account.

PNC Bank Company Information