Pioneer Credit Recovery

Compare Debt Collection Agencies

Research top Debt Collection Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

First of all, why don't we use this company to collect the 20 Trillions dollars the US government owes its Citizens instead of having to be nickel and dimed to death by Big Government and credit scores? When is it ok for some Nazi-like company to sit there and decide it is OK to force people to pay municipal fines and fees. How often is court documentation correct. How often are police officers right when pulling you over for some routine BS traffic stop. Well in this case this company got my car impounded 5 times since 2012 and the backwoods money hungry boss hog courthouse that gave me a traffic ticket way back when my wife was being rushed to the hospital for delivery, well, the judge dropped it, but then the clerk decided to deny it anyway, and then they sent me to collections 3 different times after clearing this fine up!

This BIG government using credit scores to make us all slaves to a corrupt and evil broken financial and over regulated system that needs to be abolished. Starting with this bogus fascist credit recovery company that holds Big government and bad business services over your head and prevents people from functioning legally in society.

I got a ticket in Richland, GA (also a speed trap, but that's another story), and paid the ticket directly to the Municipal Court of Richland and cleared my account with my local DMV. Then I began to get notices from Pioneer that I owed $560 ($560!!) for the ticket (about $200 more than the original ticket, mind you). Because I know I've paid the ticket and my state DMV knows I've paid the ticket, I'm content to let them keep wasting the postage to send me notices. Just know if you get a ticket somewhere, pay directly to the court and avoid Pioneer at all costs.

I was supposed to be in a hardship forbearance with my Navient student loan. Then I received a confusing letter from some affiliate of Navient saying I defaulted. This was not the collection agency, but it said I had to contact the collection agency directly by April 5, 2016 to avoid more severe collection action. I contacted what they listed as the collection agency right away. It was not a collection agency, it was the same people who sent the letter. They said to contact the collection agency and I said there was none listed. They said my account had not been assigned one yet. I asked how can I contact them if there isn't one. I called several times to ask if a collection agency was assigned yet, they said no. I asked how can I contact them by the deadline if they haven't been assigned? They had no answer.

ON the deadline date I got a call from someone who sounded like a debt collector. I didn't call right away because I was out of town. The following day they called my mother-in-law, my sister, and my spouse saying they couldn't find me. I was so embarrassed and angry! I called the debt collector back and said it had been only a day since they left a message and why did they call my relatives, and to stop doing it. They didn't really reply to this but went on to explain that they were assigned to collect my student loan default. I told them about the letter, read some passages from it about how I needed to call the debt collector by April 5, but that none had been assigned. The reply was "hmmm, that's odd." I asked several times about this and they acted like this was an unusual occurrence.

Then they explained the loan rehab process of making payments for 9 months. It seemed like a good option until they told me my minimum payment would be about $350! I told them I am on a temporary disability and could not afford this. I was told there was nothing they could do. I basically pleaded with them to give me a lower payment and they then asked me about total household income, expenses, etc and then gave me a payment of $111, doable for me. But then the payment process was explained to me and it was VERY confusing. I didn't trust them to have my bank account number for automatic payments, so I made a payment with my debit card. They said this would be my payment date every month.

I asked if I could pay on their website and they said "people have had problems" doing this. They told me I could call and make the payment, and this is where it got confusing. They gave me this date but then stated that a date 12 days prior to this would be established, but not as my payment date. I asked them what this meant several times and they could not explain it in a way I understood. Then they told me I could not make my payment early. If I made it more than a few days in advance or paid more than the monthly amount they quoted, I would be taken off the rehab program. WTF? It was like they tried to make it more difficult to stay on the program so they could begin more severe collection actions which is what they said would happen if I didn't follow these rules.

They also said they would call me frequently to "check in." I told them again not to call anyone about my loan. I forgot to mention that when my account went into deferment, it was about $14,000. This person told me my loan balance was now $18,000 because I failed to contact them before the date on my initial letter! I said I TRIED to find out who my collector was, but they hadn't been assigned until the actual deadline date! Again, they said "that's odd." I will say that they were polite, but the circumstances around this whole process are suspicious and seem designed to confuse. I have already signed a repayment agreement with them but am worried that they will find some reason to say I didn't comply.

I read another complaint about this company that said when they tried to get more info about them, the Dept of Education and Navient said they couldn't do anything, that they had to go thru Pioneer. I feel like the whole process has set me up to pay $4000 more than I originally owed, with a raise in my interest rate to 24% from 8% as a "punishment" for not calling the collection agency by the deadline, when there was no agency to contact in time! Maybe my complaint should be about Navient, but who knows who is really at fault for this cluster**.

All I know is that I am scared they will start garnishing my wages when I return to work, and take my tax refunds (and by the way, this loan was taken out long before I was married or had even met my spouse, so they are not supposed to have any responsibility for this loan. Yet the tax refunds are hers as well). This is probably a rambling and confusing rant, but I am just so frustrated. Thanks.

I made a agreement with them and have paid every month, but at tax time they start sending letters demanding payment in full. I am totally appalled by their business practices and the threats to the people who have the misfortune of having to deal with their **!!!

They called me and ask for me by name in which I replied "Depends on who's calling." Then they said they were trying to get a hold of one of my relatives and gave their name. Then said they hadn't reached them in over a year and wanted a new number. I told them that I'm not giving any info until I know who they are and why they are calling. They just kept saying it was very important. Eventually I got their name and it was Virginia ** from Pioneer Credit Recovery at 1-800-432-6202. I asked how they got my contact info and they said I was listed as a relative by my relative (Sounds like BS but rather they just did some research online).

I said I would pass it along if I see this person. The caller was not rude but the verbiage was very specific and tactical in order to gain confirmation of me and my relation to the person and solicit a contact number.

If you receive calls from them be aware it is a collection agency and they will skate on the line of legality when trying to coerce payments from you. Do not confirm anything like your name or number or that you owe money. They have to prove you owe a debt and if they can't then they have no legal recourse. Also check your credit and be sure they did not file any false debts. If possible, tell them you're in the restroom and to call back in whatever minutes. Then try to get a recorder so you can record the conversation. If they are recording the conversation then so can you and you don't have to tell them if they are already doing so. This will serve as evidence of harassment. Cheers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pioneer Credit Recovery?

I know collection agencies get a bad rap, especially with how annoying and overbearing their phone calls can be. However, I have been working to rehabilitate my student loans through Pioneer and it has been an amazing experience. I know the actual Rehabilitation program is thru the government, but Pioneer's staff has been very helpful and friendly. They are never rude, always have great attitudes, and if someone can't answer my question, they ALWAYS find someone else who can. They have made sure that I understand every aspect of the process and keep a great line of communication with me if I am missing paperwork or anything.

Also, my original payment was way too high for what my current situation allowed, so they worked with me to find a very affordable payment. Just for you naysayers, I DO NOT work for them. I just have had excellent customer service from them since the beginning and I know they probably get a bad rap. It's not their fault you're in debt in the first place. Just call them and get it taken care of.

This company is sending me letters telling me that there is a case opened against me for $637.00 but refusing to give me any information about this, also telling me that they are going to have me locked up. Well guess what? This is a scam and this is being turned over to the FBI and the Better Business Bureau.

They called my cell phone number, looking for someone that is not even the owner of the phone number. Looking for a person at my address that doesn't even live at this address. How or why did they even get my number or call me??? This is the third time they have called me and I have said this is not the number for whomever they are looking for. Someone need to tell the company to update their records and stop contacting people that have nothing to do with them. Very annoying!!!

I paid my real estate taxes late and the city was OK with that. After all, many people don't pay in Philadelphia at all. Suddenly the calls began from these people. So I blocked them from my phone and their robot messages go to the Google Voice Spam. Here is a Google transcript of a typical Pioneer robocall: "Yeah. This is an important message from Pioneer credit recovery incorporated. Yeah, this is Mrs. **. Yeah law requires that we notify you that this is a debt collection company. Yeah. This is an attempt to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose. Yeah, please call us back today at ** yeah 18 yeah when calling back. Your reference ID is ** yank you." Well, yank you too! You'll never get anything from me because I moved!

I am not the subject of their credit recovery. I am no relation to the subject of their credit recovery. I have never co-signed for anyone, including the subject of their credit recovery. ** called me at work and went on and on and on and on that she is looking for ME!? Um, no... Same phone number for 15+ years, carry it with me 24/7, I'm not hard to reach! All my bills are paid. I said "I'm at work, what do you want?" She again says she is looking for me. I said, "Okay, I'm at work and this is my cell phone... what do you want?" When she finally mentions the actual person she is looking for... I wasted too much of my time. And she has no manners or respect for my cell phone bill or my employer or my employability (and I haven't done a darn thing to her or Pioneer or any creditor). No way... hung up.

Then, she leaves a message at my unlisted no-call-list home phone. Seriously? No! So, I called back. They claimed that I was a relative of the person they are looking for. I said "No, no, no, no, no... Should I spell that for you?" Then they said "Oh, well if you have no idea who this is..." What? Are they really that stupid? Not being a relative of someone and not knowing who someone is are totally different. Nobody ever asked if I know him. I hung up. They are too stupid and rude to deal with.

I don't owe these folks the time of day...they interrupted and prolonged my work day (can't charge my company for the time to deal with these jerks). But even if someone does owe money, everyone deserves courtesy and respect! These people don't have a clue about courtesy and respect. Further...if you're trying to get money from someone...and you interrupt them at work...and they keep stating "I'm at work" you are putting their job in jeopardy, and um, isn't that counter-productive? You should want that person to continue to be employed. What a horrible company.

For the last 2 years I have been receiving phone calls and letters from Pioneer regarding 2 traffic tickets. One from 1996 and one from 2007. The letters threaten loss of license and jail time if I don't pay. The calls, when I answer, also threaten me with jail if I don't pay immediately. I ended up changing my phone number to avoid the daily dozen calls from them. I contacted the states attorney Pioneer claims I owe money to and was told there is no traffic ticket and if there was it wouldn't have been sent to collections and I wouldn't make checks payable to the States Attorney. I would have had to make it payable to the Circuit Clerks office. I was advised to ignore the calls and letters and that they have received numerous calls about this. 2 years later I am still receiving threatening letters but I've yet to be arrested or have my license revoked. Don't pay these people!!! It's a scam!!!

A representative of Pioneer Credit Recovery contacted my place of business looking for Jackie **. When I received a voice mail message, I was disturbed, and called them back right away because I have excellent credit and I couldn't image what the issue was. When I contacted the agent, he tried to get me to identify my personal information (SS # and DOB) and I told him I would not reveal this information on the phone. He then provided the information for the person he was looking for and I confirmed right away that he contacted the wrong person. This was embarrassing to me and I feel it is a violation for credit companies to "fish" for the deadbeats they are trying to track down by embarrassing people who actually pay their bills. I could not find a place on their website to complain to them. This practice should not be allowed and should be reported to Better Business Bureau and financial service regulators.

Went on a 9month program for default student loan. Made last payment fax in my last pay stubs. 4x they keep telling me they haven't received them. Now they are saying I'm going to have to start this whole thing over. It's not fair and unjust. There should be a law against this.

I have a outstanding fine not payed off and our County doesn't have pay or appear anymore so it has been turned over to Pioneer Recovery so I get a letter from them saying if I don't pay the entire amount of 2 grand that my driver's license would be suspended so I call them and set up a payment arrangements and I have missed 1. So today I got a letter saying if I don't pay the 800 balance or make 6 payments of 148 that my license will be suspended. What really pissed me off is they say they have called several times and I haven't gotten one damn call from them I don't want to lose my license so why would I avoid them? They really need to be reported to someone and fast.

They'll call you 5+x an hour & when you finally call back you get an extremely rude & obnoxious lady (every time), who always sounds so clueless to what's going on with their company & when you tell her you've gotten numerous calls & it's the first chance you can get to call back, she starts freaking out, getting more annoying saying "no, no, impossible. I have here we only called once," & then you have to say, "you called what do you want?" She's like "ss# & Dob & I'll help you" & then transfers you to some other idiot who then transfers you to another idiot, who ends up putting you on hold to ask his/her manager for the answer to a simple question you asked. Incompetent, rude & dumb is how I'll describe this company any day.

This company has been basically overcharging me. According to Tax records they've garnished over $60000 on a $16000 student loan that was in default. I know there are many fees but this is ridiculous. Can somebody help!!!

I called these ** at 866.888.1716 after they left a message on my cellular phone and my girl's phone as well! They were looking for a client of mine, who never has had my girl's cell phone or mine. Apparently this client defaulted on a student loan. I called and basically asked how the hell they got my cell phone number and of course they gave me some scripted ** about using skip tracing techniques, etc. I immediately reported them to the California Attorney General but I doubt that it will do any good. I encourage everyone who is called by these bottom feeders to tell them to remove your name and number from their files and tell them absolutely nothing. This company is a subsidiary of Sallie Mae and the idea that they call up anyone who MIGHT BE associated with their debtor is reprehensible and morally opprobrious.

Prior to my husband's student loans going into default, we contacted Sallie Mae numerous times asking for lower monthly payments. We talked to numerous representatives and none of them had knowledge of the prior conversations that I was going to work with anything. At this time, he was unemployed. We were trying to prevent them from going into default but even though we put forth the effort to prevent that, they still ended up there. When they were sent to collections to the companies referred to above who are also contracted through Sallie Mae, we contacted them, offering a monthly payment of 100 dollars a month because that is all we can afford once my husband found employment.

They said no, this was unacceptable and the minimum they would accept would be 300 + dollars. They have recently started garnishing my husband's wages without sending us any notice that they were going to do so. When we called due to his check being short, they said that we did not update any information with them which we have and that they sent the notice to the old address. I did not get it back. They did not send anything to the previous address because there isn't anyone living there and it would have got sent back.

When I called and spoke to them again, we offered the 100 dollars a month. They said this was unacceptable. The gentleman I spoke with who was supposed to have been a supervisor said, "What? Do you think you can get away without paying your debts?" I replied, "No, we just cannot afford the payment that you were asking for." He has offered to reduce the garnishment to 8 percent as long as we paid an additional 100 dollars a month. I explained to him that would be the same amount of money and that again, we could not afford it.

We have 5 children and a grandchild on the way from my teenage daughter that lives with us. One paycheck prior to the garnishment alone went to rent. I was told to tell family to help me pay for this. Both of my parents are disabled. I asked how to request for rehearing to get the garnishment reduced. He stated that there was no request that I could do for that. I do not want to be homeless.

On top of that, we have other bills. The children need clothing, one needs diapers. Another one on the way will need diapers. There are also expensive food, gas, toiletries, etc. I even sent the forms in on numerous occasions to have a federal loan put into deferment and they failed to do that as well because they were upset about the private loans not being paid. I just found that out the other day when they called in regards to them and I explained to the lady that the last time I sent them in due to having so many problems, I faxed them from our public library to get a confirmation page and this was prior to them being put into default and that I can fax that paper to her to show this is true.

She then gave me the number to contact, a department for the government which I am in the process of doing because it was July third when this happened and they were closed on the fourth. I need some kind of help because they refuse to accept. Please respond as soon as possible before we end up homeless. We have to pay our rent late due to this and we have no recourse against them by calling them. They're not willing to work with you and are very rude and inconsiderate.

Sallie Mae has repeatedly been negligent in applying my student loan payments to the correct loan. I have 3 loans with Sallie Mae for my daughter's tuition. Even with the 3 separate loans, I have only one account with Sallie Mae which encompasses all 3 loans. I have been instructed to, and have been making payments to Sallie Mae via my online banking service. I was informed that the loan payments would be applied to all 3 loans every month. Sallie Mae has repeatedly failed to make payments on all 3 loans.

Therefore, causing loan no. 3 to go into a default status. I have paid $4275 since March 2009. Sallie Mae applied payments to only 2 of the student loans; and no payments were applied to loan no. 3 over a 10-month period. Sallie Mae allowed loan no. 3 to go into default and I am now aggressively being pursued by Pioneer Credit Recovery. I did not receive any notification from Sallie Mae that loan no. 3 had not been paid. And the only notification I received from Pioneer Credit Recovery was a letter in the mail stating that my paychecks were going to be garnished unless I immediately pay $2241, and then be required to pay an automatic monthly withdrawal payment of $183.

When I received the letter from Pioneer Credit Recovery that my paychecks would be garnished, I called and spoke with Kim who demanded (and threatened) that I immediately pay $2241. I attempted to explain to Kim that I have made payments to Sallie Mae. I asked Kim to call Sallie Mae and she stated there is nothing they can do for me now. I personally feel Kim never called Sallie Mae as she had me on hold for only about 2-3 minutes (and it takes longer than that just to get through to Sallie Mae's automated phone system). Kim continued to threaten me unless I pay the $2241.

After speaking with Kim, I called Sallie Mae and spoke with Rodrique who stated that one of my loans was paid in full, and the other loan was so over-paid that my next payment is not due until April 17, 2011. He also stated he did not show any record of my loans being in default. At this point, I requested to speak to a supervisor. And Lauren gave me the same information that Rodrique had given. Lauren stated she did not show any reason why loan no. 3 never had any of my payments applied to it. She stated she would send my account for "investigation/request that funds be reapplied". Lauren states Sallie Mae would have to purchase my loan back from Pioneer Credit recovery.

Lauren stated the investigation would take 10-15 business days. I made a follow up call to Sallie Mae a few days later, and after speaking with Marvin, a supervisor named Cora stated she would expedite my "investigation"; and that I should call back in 3-5 business days. At this point, I still do not have any resolution to this problem; and I have not received my $2241 back.

I have all but emptied out my back account to pay the $2241 to keep my paychecks from being garnished. My credit is completely ruined. I have been emotionally and physically traumatized due to the stress of this situation; and I have had my economic stability threatened. All the while, I have made regular payments to Sallie Mae.

I have been recieving phone calls at all hours from a company called Pioneer Research. They never leave a message but I have caller ID and their name and number show. Today I was home when they called. The woman, who never gave her name, said they were doing research into financial institutions in the area. She asked me for several names of financial institutions in this area so I gave them to her. When she asked me what financial institution I used I told her that was none of her business and she was never to call here again and that my name was to be removed from their database.

It is one thing to ask about financial institutions that may or may not be in an area, it is another to ask what financial instution that a person uses when that is clearly none of their business. I have no idea if these people are who they say they are. But I know this for sure, I have been a victim of Identy Theft since 1986 and under no circumstances will I give out that kind of information and they have no business asking.

Pioneer Recovery Credit Inc. is attempting in behalf of the Dept of Education to repeat services already implemented by another Diversified Collection agency and matters were resolved, in regards to a student loan of $2,625, year 1989 national broadcasting school. Tuition cost $4,620. I licensed radio and TV federal communications 1989. Today another agency known as Pioneer is attempting to collect more than $18,000 (Charging for two loans) on a $2,625 loan. There was only an approval for one loan at $2625. I worked as a legal secretary with the courts to pay the rest of my tuition and through federal college work study program. The repayment plan for the $2,625 was to commence after 10 years. I honestly do not owe this money.

The matter was resolved in courts in Alameda municipal court. Dept of Education records are showing account information incorrect and fail to correct their database system showing the corrected information pertaining to the loan. Diversified Collection Agency waived the fees because they were non-applicable to the type of loan received. The loan was only for $2,625. A copy of the original application for the loan was send to both the Dept of Education and Pioneer Credit Recovery Inc. And they refuse to accept the fact that there was only one (1) loan for $2,625. I did not receive two loan payments. There were not two loans checks made to NBS. Records show the same information after default; when payments of more than $6,000 have been made to debit the one loan and clear the record.

This record was cleared in 2001. Dept of Edu. have not debited the account for IRS garnishing money from my tax refunds at $2,000. For 3 years towards. And they have not erased the 2nd loan - that was never made. The clerical error is quite obvious in which a clerk created an additional loan to acquire money that I do not owe. Charges were created in error for more than $8950.00 and $2,625 (2nd loan) total of $11,575 in fees non-applicable. This account has been cleared for actual loan made and check received at $2,625 and default fees that were applicable for the $2,625.

I received a letter from this collection agency referring to U.S. Dept of the Treasury telling me that they have been contracted by the Treasury Dept to collect on a delinquent balance. It also included interest at 4.75%. It also said the government was authorized to withhold any payments I receive from the federal government and that if I didn't pay it, I might be referred to the Dept of Justice for legal action. It also says to call first so they can update the amount I owed. At the end of the letter there is a note stating that the address listed is only for undeliverable mail and gives a PO Box address in North Carolina to send payments or PO Box 189, Arcade, NY 14009 for other correspondence. Since it could only involve my Social Security, I took the letter to the Social Security office where I was told that this was definitely fraud. They said they do not charge interest, they give you opportunity to make payments, and they do not use collection agencies. They turned it over to a Supervisor who made copies and is going to take it to the Inspector General.

I received a letter in the mail from this credit recovery co. and I called them and spoke with a Ms. ** and I also wrote a letter to them. They ask me where I worked and I told I would rather not say. They told me they would not call me at work after I ask them not to. I only told them where I work I work for the state of Georgia and there are many divisions, I did not give them the number. Somehow they found out and have been calling me and it is causing a problem at work for me. They have lied to me when they said they would not call at work. I received a letter from them saying we could settle for a certain amount. But they continue to call at my work. I want this stopped. This is harassment.

I am wrongfully being charged $33,294.81 for student loans that I never agreed to take nor had any knowledge of. I have spoken with a customer representative in the past, but she refused to give me information as to when I agreed to take out the loans. In their letter they state, that their New York City Dept. of Consumer Affairs license number is 1112250. Their City of Buffalo license number is 522746. In their letter they believe that my name is **. I am constantly being harassed and I fear that this is a scam. I'm overwhelmed by the fact that this company continues to call and harass me and my family members.

This company has repeatedly called my job as much as three to four times a day. We have requested, along with the management team for this company to stop calling. They have not abide by our wishes and we need for these calls to stop coming to the work site as well as the home. I have been warned by supervisor to have these calls stopped and to no avail.

I first received a call from "Rob" on November 27, 2005 which was a Sunday after 5 pm at my home number stating he needed to talk to me about my past due student loan. I explained to him I need a number where I can call him back at because I have never spoken to him about my account nor was I comfortable with verifying any information with him. The number I was given was (888) 261-7866. When I called the number back it was incorrect. I received no further calls that evening. On Monday November 28, 2005 when I arrived home I checked my mail and I received a letter from Pioneer Credit Recovery, INC. I called the number back and explained that I received this letter in regards to my student loan and I would like to know what is this in regards to.

I had to give an account number which is listed on the letter. The person asked me to hold and "Rob" came on the line and explained to me that my account was given to his company by General Revenue Corporation which is how I was making my payments until August of 2005. "Rob" went on to say he wanted to make a payment arrangement and wanted to know did I have a checking account. I explained to Rob that the reason I stop making my payments with General Revenue Corporation is because I made a payment in July which I'm being told came back as NSF (insufficient funds) and I have proof it was paid. Rob asked me to fax the information to him

and he would look into the matter.

I was supposed to fax the bank documentation on November 29, 2005 but I left the paperwork at home and faxed it the following day November 30, 2005. I did not receive a call back from Rob to say that the information was received. The next phone call I received from him was on December 8, 2005 when he wanted to fax over an agreement for me to sign. I explained to Rob I was having a problem with my Bank Account, he can fax the information and I will see what I can do. I received a voicemail on December 13, 2005 at 10:46 am from Rob stating that I needed to call him back because he is working with a Terry in my payroll department to garnish my wages.

I called in to Pioneer and a young man by the name of Terrence answered the phone and I asked, can I speak to Rob. I was placed on hold. Rob came to the line and told me he would appreciate when I call the company not to use profanity at the employees. I told him I never did that, he talked over me and told me my wages are going to be garnished so I tried to speak with Terrence on another line. The person who answered hung up on me and so did Rob. I called back and a Debbie answered and told me if I call back again she will report me as harassing the company.

I went into the Pikeville office on 7-19 and informed them I had mailed a check that we had to put a stop pay on, due to check book theft. I paid a car payment in cash in the amount $348 (which she entered as check). They said their computer was down and never gave me a receipt, they said they would mail it and didn't. Later on the 28, I paid another car payment, then on August 13, my husband went into the same office, got the payoff on my car and paid it off. They gave us lien releases loan agreement signed, dated and stamped Paid in Full.

Well about a week passed and they called and told me that we still owed them for the check. I said no, we don't. They proceeded to tell me that they gave me credit for the check I told them was stopped .Which is not possible. If it don't clear it don't credit. They entered my cash payment as a check and credited me the cash. Now they want more. We were eventually sued and our summons plainly shows where the (Paid in Full) sign used to be. They attempted to lift it off their loan agreement copy. They also altered the check. Their bank held the stopped check for over a month before returning it to them. They are very bad about this, can't something be done with people like this? I realize it's a small amount of money but its the principle. They told me it wasn't my fault or their fault but I have to pay it.

Out of the blue a couple of weeks ago we received a phone call from Pioneer Credit Recovery Inc. in ref to a acct my wife has had with Sears for some years. We were informed that the acct was overdue and the charges were $867.91 and that they wanted the money. We asked why we weren't informed of this earlier. The response was that they had sent several letters about the situation earlier and had no response.

Upon further questioning we found out they had sent the letters to an address in a nearby town but not to us. We requested the information in print so that we could handle the problem. We were informed that they were not willing to do this. When we called the next day they agreed to send the acct information. Upon receiving the documents we found several discrepancies. I called their office to try and correct the situation. I was informed that Miss ** did not have the time or the inclination to do this and if I disagreed with the statement that I could hire a lawyer to represent us.

This has cause my wife and I a great deal of unneeded stress. I have a history of heart disease and am not employed at present. We would like to get this matter cleared up and not lose any more sleep over the situation due to stress. If we pay what they are demanding and bullying us for it will break us. We can work something out, but not without correcting the gross discrepancies on the acct. report. We cannot afford a lawyer.

Pioneer Credit Recovery Company Profile