Enhanced Recovery Company

Jacksonville, FL

Compare Debt Collection Agencies

Research top Debt Collection Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

So after like 6 years of not having Sprint and they're almost off my report I get a call 2 weeks ago from them. The guy was super nice with me and understanding. Well I get a call today and the dude is a straight up ** telling me I have to pay something soon or the amount will go up. I told him I don't have money too and it's reasons why and I prefer not to talk about it as it is family issues and not some bill collectors business as if they'd care anyways. But he processes to tell me I have to put a card on file so they can take their money to pay Sprint. Do I have a legal job, how many hours I work a week and how much I make a week, can I afford $500 down and $300 a month for 3 months plus interest that they will add after the first $500 payment. For me to make sure I pay it or I'll never make it in like anywhere and crap like seriously?

ERC is collecting on my AT&T internet account. I'm confused because of the amount they are asking for. When I called to set up the internet through them, they told me the total price for the first month plus installation would be $160. That included the installation. They said I get a discount because I was a new customer. So, I agreed because the payments would be reasonable and I would have unlimited access and the price would be the same.

Or so, I thought. After a month and a half, I received a bill for over $400. I called them and just got flimsy excuses for such a large bill. They lied to me. Now, when I checked my credit score and clicked on ERC for AT&T, the price jumped to $522!! I think this is extremely unfair. How do I get them to lower the price to what I owe for the 6 weeks? I don't mind paying the $160 because that's the price they gave me. I don't have $522. It would take me 4 or 5 months to save that. But, like I said, that amount is unfair.

This company fraudulently used my information to place a 250$ collection in my report. As a result my credit has suffered 25+ points and there is no evidence from this company as to where this debt originated from. This is a scam. I understand collections is a business but this company is fraudulent and they are violating several FDCPA laws, negligence, so on and so forth. I strongly urge everyone to join as a class to sue this company.

The ERC don't care who or how bad they screw someone's credit up! I'm looking at my report right now and ERC has me owing $569 and also $706 both reported on 1/21/2017 but opened 02/07/2013. Now the only phone service I have used is prepaid because I never had the credit to get contract service and when I found out that T-Mobile was one of the companies that used ERC for collections I called T-Mobile whom I had been a prepaid customer with since 1998 while they were a small company called Powertel and then VoiceStream then they became T-Mobile and service got worse. Anyway I was told I did not call them and tell them I had switched or stopped my service on my PREPAID phone. I ask the man with the accent, if T-Mobile thought that maybe the reason I didn't buy more time.

Now these places will turn your phone off if you do not pay for more time the instant it is due and they charged me for months of service I didn't have or use because I did not call them and let them know I was switching prepaid services. Which I did and I switched to Verizon Prepaid and am very happy with them. T-Mobile and ERC can both kiss that money goodbye and be ready because I am looking in every corner to try and have charges of fraud brought up against both companies for fraudulent claims and a few more charges. Let's put it this way, my father's a retired Investigator for the sheriff's dept. I'm going to have him and an attorney look at some records I have with these people.

They have ruined a lot of people's credit and have not helped but a few straighten it out when they were in the wrong. I have worked and done without a lot and brought my credit up from 450 to 619 now and these two charges which keeps updating themselves when they get old are still on there. But by having working credit instead of it just sitting there idle it continues to go up even with the old IOUs. I have credit with WebBank (Fingerhut) and a local furniture store and keep them paid and I add Items when the account get paid up good so that it keeps the credit going with good ratings from the debtors. It's not there but it's getting better.

Fraudulent claim. ERC left me a message on my office phone to state that they are attempting to collect a debt of $619.38, for Charter Communications for service at my rental address, which is in Florida. The supposedly person who opened this account in my name had my personal information. When I asked them to verify my personal information, they could not provide it to me. ERC informed me they will mail me a Fraud Form to take to the police station to file a report.

Upon receiving this vague form, I contacted ERC. I immediately was suspicious when they gave me a different service address from our conversation 5 days later, which was now in St. Louis. I asked for the contact number for Charter Communication, the company I allegedly owe. They informed me that they did not have the number and I can google the number. Upon reviewing the ERC reviews, they are a fraudulent company. I can imagine how many honest hard-working people who thought they were doing the right thing that was defrauded by them. ERC should be thoroughly investigated by the appropriate Florida agency and shut down!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Enhanced Recovery Company?

My sister received a bill for over $800 for an AT&T account that was delinquent. She has never used AT&T, has no credit, and is only 19. I called AT&T on her behalf and they said the account went delinquent in 2012 when she would have been 14. They could not give me any info on the account citing privacy reasons and they wouldn't give any info to my sister either stating the same. I called ERC, and they refused to give me any info and when my sister went on the phone, they hung up. We will most definitely be calling a lawyer.

In 2014, I notice a bill on my credit so when I called, they told me I owe AT&T, which I remember the bill and I knew one day they would put it on my credit for $102. So I called and settled an amount with them and paid it. After several months pass, I notice it was still on my credit and they told me they would remove it. So I called AT&T collections and they said they do not see a bill for that amount. So today tried to called Enhanced Recovery Corp. and googled them and the building is close down, so how do I get this off my credit?

Fraudulent charge from fivr.com over PayPal Credit. Received call regarding unpaid debt. They had my old California address, but my current NY phone number (We've lived here for 15 years). I explained that I didn't understand what was going on and through our exchange we both came to the conclusion that the charge had been fraudulently made. They had an unknown gmail address for me, that I had never created. ERC was nice once they realized that I was simply trying to determine what had happened.

Now the fraud will continue through the process; PayPal Credit fraud dept, paperwork filing, possibly police report & credit check to see if it has been listed. If so, then more paperwork to resolve that. I had noticed that my credit rating had dropped a little bit, but I attributed it to having opened another credit card, and as checking your score does not give you details this issue may be on it. I must say -- this problem is NOT the fault of or by ERC, however, it does appear from reading up on them here that it is possible that they take on a lot of fraudulent claims.

ERC sent me a collection letter a few months ago in regard to Comcast. I do not, nor ever have, lived in an area serviced by Comcast. I called them and they quickly discovered I was not the Debbie ** they were looking for. They assured me this wouldn't impact my credit and they would correct their files. Instead, they reported me to Transunion, Experian and Equifax and my bank alerted me today that my credit rating had dropped and that a derogatory report was showing on my credit report. It was Enhanced Recovery Company. Now, I have to take time to write all 3 credit reporting agencies, along with ERC to get this corrected. I wish someone would just do their job correctly for a change.

A few days ago, I was checking my credit report and it appeared that I owe ERC $715, and they supposedly got the debt from Sprint. I called Sprint because I had an account with them before I transferred to Boost Mobile. The last bill I got from Sprint marked $0.00. When I called Sprint informed me they didn't transfer my account to a debt collector. What a crock... Seems like anyone can add derogatory items onto credit reports. I will not pay ERC $715 dollars and nobody knows where that came from. I think debt collection agencies need to research consumers before purchasing debts.

I checked my credit report and found this company had put a collection notice on my report! Apparently it's from Dish Network. I canceled my service with Dish years ago and return all equipment. Never heard from them again. So why do I owe $32 to ERC? I'm so mad! I will not pay a bill that I have never received from Dish. Why would I? I want this off my credit report!

They are claiming I owe a debt AFTER I ported my and my daughter's phones out, I am a victim of cyber bullying, mail theft and Microsoft accounts that have been shut down, two in past year because of fraud. I can't prove who is doing what. These cell phone companies are scamming people. It must be a money maker when you try to keep you phone number you've had for 15 years and port it out. I'm going back to a land line or better yet, tin can and string, lol.

I randomly pulled my credit to find I had a collection from Time Warner. I vaguely recall canceling the service when I switched to AT&T in 2012-ish. ERC alleges I owe 164.07 and they said my last payment to TWC was $161.44. First and foremost, I would never ignore a bill. My credit is important to me. Secondly, TWC never billed me for the alleged "164.07" nor did I ever receive anything from a collection agency. I think TWC actually does this on purpose to people. Or it's ERC... I know of quite a few people that have TWC collections for no reason and since it was 2012, I have no records... my faux pas.

Enhanced Recovery has called me twice this month, Nov to Dec 2016, but today they misidentified themselves as Enhanced Resource Center. They are calling about a T-MOBILE bill I've never owed from 2012. T-MOBILE has admittedly billed me in error but this continues. It's not on my credit report so not sure why this company thinks I'm going to pay $89. I never will.

I was informed by Credit Karma that I had a new collections account and when I went looking it appears that it is this ERC people. They are trying to collect on the behalf of TMobile. I will say that I did have an account with TMobile back in the day and I ported over my phone number about a year and a half ago. When I did the porting I contacted TMobile and talked with them about what I owed and what I was doing. TMobile talked to my new company and myself and the representative from TMobile told both of us that I owed nothing and I was completely caught up on my bill. The representative also told us that I was probably going to be getting a refund.

I completed my porting of my phone and continued on with life until I got information saying that TMobile had sold my account to a different collections company (Who is still trying to collect from me as well) and I disputed that as well. That company found my information correct and it is still showing open on my credit report, but is not being reported. Then come October of this year and I have ERC showing that I owe TMobile again. I call them and explained to both TransUnion and ERC and neither of them say that they can help and the only thing I can do is contact The Presidents Office and talk with them. When the girl put me on hold from ERC she came back and told me that no one is available and I have to call back. She didn't give hours or what time zone so I had to ask her and she said that she didn't know that she had to tell me that.

In asking all for a bill showing that I actually owe the money, no one can provide that for me. They are ruining my credit by reporting this twice and not actually listening to the information I have. I suggest that if you ever see them on your credit report that you contact them right away as this is going to be a long fight for you. They don't care and they have no clue as to what they are talking about.

This company ERC reported a false report to the credit companies Experian and Equifax without submitting a social security number. The report was placed on my records. They did not identify the correct person. When I call they wanted to steal my identity. I have disputed the report, but how can I get help to report this company practice and stop them from stealing people's identity. The account number is **. It from DirecTV in Minnesota, which I never lived and never had DirecTV.

ERC has been informed by me personally that no one who owes them owns this phone or is associated to me in any way. At least 6 times I have told them, both verbally and on their automated system. Nothing changes, they just keep calling. Federal communications commission!!! Please do your job and restrain these jerks. Today the operator was named Tanya **. She is one of many erc cads I have asked not to call. I doubt that they will stop calling. Maybe a class action lawsuit is in order.

I moved from an old apartment in 2014 and paid my final TWC bill. All of a sudden on 09/2016 I get an alert from Equifax that I have a collection on my report!!! I never received a bill via mail or a call whatsoever. They were sending this mail to another address which I have never resided at. I contacted TWC and they stated account is closed. There is a zero balance. I requested multiple deletion letters by fax and mail and NONE WERE RECEIVED. Every rep tells you something different. I spoke with Nikki ** at the President's Office and she kept claiming they are disputing it or deleting it.

I lodged a complaint with CFPB and I am awaiting a response. This company is absolutely fraudulent in nature. How the credit bureau even accepted this collection is beyond me. If they do not rectify this I will take them to court. They destroy people's credit for a living whether or not the debt is valid. This company should be shut down because upper management are incompetent all the way down the chain. The lowest of the low are employed here to wreck your credit with no DOB or Social to even verify. Shut them down already...

I got a letter claiming I owed money for a phone account I'd paid and closed three years ago, and then found that my credit report had been damaged by ERC's reporting this alleged debt without notifying me, and without even verifying the debt, since the date of last payment is not even listed.

I was first contacted by this agency by phone. When I offered my attorney's name and phone #- the representative hung up. I did contact them via my credit monitoring company. I spoke with a supervisor who tried to get me to admit to the debt. I repeatedly stated that I just needed information. The supervisor seemed to be nice enough. Told him I was disputing it. They agreed not to contact me again while the debt was being validated. Instead of validating it, they did a hard pull of my credit thus lowering my score, among other things. I have contacted an attorney, and will seek redress.

This company continues to call our business line. Months have gone by and I call them and ask them to remove our number. They never remove our number and keep calling!

ERC has called house on numerous occasions being very rude and requesting payment on a bill to TIME WARNER CABLE from 2012... requesting credit card information... then and immediately... called TWC and they said I have been a customer for over 19 years and DO NOT HAVE a past due bill. The account number that ERC referred to is not valid. I since then have sent a letter to ERC requesting all information they have.... to show a lawyer.

I have read others comments and have had issues dealing with ERC as well. I have sent letters to the CRA's and directly to ERC. No problem with Experian. They removed the negative tradeline immediately but I have had a heck of a time with Equifax. They investigated and reinvestigated and came back to me that they have verified the debt and confirmed it belongs to me. I contacted them to request their method of verification and was told that ERC has confirmed my name and social security number. What a bunch of crap. They suggested that I once again contact ERC. I have sent several letters, all certified, return receipt, to ERC to validate this debt and have received no response whatsoever.

I have now sent my FINAL warning letters to both ERC and Equifax that unless this debt is validated, I will take to court and sue for punitive damages. I have informed Equifax that since ERC has ignored my validation request, they are in violation of the FCRA act and must remove this tradeline from my credit report. I hope this letter finally works and it is removed immediately and I do not have to deal with this issue any longer.

I received a call from this company, then they demanded that I verify who I was by giving them my personal information. When I refused because I have no idea who this is they continued to demand my personal information. The continued that "We are trying to collect a debt." "Ok you are trying to collect a debt from Verizon, yet you expect me to give you my social security number, birth date and address, yet you cannot tell me who you are and why you are calling me." I hung up. Since then they call my job. They don't ask for anyone just expect that you must be the person they want. I hang up. I am not giving out information to all sundry just because you say you are ERC. I don't know you at all.

I had been with Verizon Wireless for years and decided to cancel to go to T-Mobile. T-Mobile had a promo to pay your ETF's and all I needed to do was show proof I paid them off then I'd get reimbursed. I did that and T-Mobile reimbursed me. ERC is stating that VZ Wireless is claiming I owe them ETF's yet VZ has no record of it. They call demanding me to provide them with personal info. I told them "wrong #" and she spewed such filth towards me that I hung up and blocked the call.

Creditor refused payment for the balance in full twice. Called in, gave the company the account number wanting to pay the account, rep refused payment. Asked for a supervisor, he also refused payment. Apparently they have no interest in accepting payments. Sadly the account is less than $5.

I have received calls from 805-366-4903 that seems to be ERC, and after reading the comments here, the only thing I realize that this has maybe to do with T-Mobile balance that appears in my credit record. I had a 2-years contract with them and stopped paying after the contract ended. I was surprised with my records but did anything to change it because I am tired with this kind of callings that never ends.

I was contacted by ERC in late October 2015. They claimed I owed money on a AT&T cell phone bill from 3 years ago. I listened carefully to the collector on the phone. I did not admit or deny the bill and I did not make a promise to pay or entertain a settlement offer. I was with AT&T for over 4 years--they robbed me each month for their service when my contract was over. It was over. I did not renew. This was in 2012.

As the debt collector spoke I knew he didn't have a leg to stand on but he tried and I didn't take the bait. They called me every morning at 9am like clockwork from their office in Providence RI. I never picked up again. Just recently in early December I saw they reported the old cell phone debt to Equifax and Experian. I could not believe it. These crooks actually reported it as a new delinquent account 1) that's against the law it wasn't a new account so it was falsely report under as a new contract; 2) it was illegal to collect from me on such a old debt.

Why you ask? TIME BARRED. This is a federal law. They cannot make me pay this or make a promise to pay on this account it was well over two years and they gave false information to these agencies to validate this. The contract was over and I was done with AT&T. Case closed. Of course I disputed this and it was deleted from my credit report much to my surprise from Experian. I have not tried Equifax as yet but I will.

These people are smart enough to think we are all stupid about the laws. According to federal law if I so choose I could actually get a lawyer and sue them what they tried to do was so illegal. PLEASE read the laws before you commit or admit anything to debt collectors. Their LAST call I told them I knew about my rights and I knew them very well. I know they broke federal and state laws. They never called again.

I received physical mail from Enhanced Recovery Corporation saying I had a bill from ATT that was unpaid. I didn't see that from ATT but decided to pay anyway because I'm stupid. They charged a premium on top of that but guaranteed it wouldn't show up on credit. It showed up on credit and I'm currently disputing it.

I owed AT&T a cancellation fee of $254 and some change. ERC offered a settlement of 114.52 because I've been putting it off for so long. I finally decided to pay it at the lowest price. Their system has it as being settled but AT&T hadn't received a thing. It's going on about a month now and I'm over it would. So glad I'm young enough to see this now... I'll never pay another collection agency again.

Enhanced Recovery Company Company Profile