1.30/5
Based on 133 reviews that contain star ratings

Jacksonville, FL

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

137 Enhanced Recovery Company Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

First of all, I've never received anything from them by mail. I saw the debt appear on my credit report a few days ago. I called them and to verify the account they used an address that I lived at over 7 years ago. The rep claimed it was the billing address on the account. At which point I stated that I did not have AT&T at that time so why would they have that address as the billing address. Then he accused me of not listening and that he stated that was the mailing address. Then I asked why that was the mailing address if I had no account with AT&T at that home over 7 years ago. He then proceeded to tell me I needed to just pay the amount I owe and he didn't know why I used that mailing address for the account if I wasn't living there. OMG! Seriously!

The amount I owed AT&T was in dispute from when I was living in Italy and they charged me for an international plan as well as a domestic plan for the state I had been living in. Then he claimed I owed them the money which I disputed that if I were going to pay anyone it would have been AT&T when they fixed the billing error. He tried to get my current mailing address so they could send me the bill. I said no, if the debt was legit then he would already have my current address.

I asked him if this debt was paid would he remove the derogatory account off my credit report and he said no because it would remain on there forever. It would just say paid in full. To which I told him he was a terrible liar and how stupid did he think I am because it falls off after 7 years. How can they sleep at night? Those companies selling off their debts to these hacks are really no better than them. The big companies claim it as a loss on your taxes, but then sell it to someone else so they can make money on something they were never owed in the first place. How is this legal?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

ERC just attempted to collect a debt from me that was past the 7 year limit per the Federal Trade Commission, which is not good, as this was a fraudulent attempt to collect a debt. The collector sent me to a manager who then apologized and told me they would not call again.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Collection Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I received a FRAUDULENT attempt by ERC to recover a beyond the 7-year statute of limitations credit account per the statutes of law set by the FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION set to protect consumers. ERP FRAUDULENTLY stated that I opened an account with DirecTV on 6/18 but in turn are attempting to collect a debt that is beyond that statute set by law! I have read books on how to change my credit and have rebuilt my credit myself after reading the book DEBT CURES by KEVIN TRUDEAU.

I am constantly looking at my credit on a daily basis to trap companies like ERP that are FRAUDULENTLY trying to recover from unrecoverable beyond the 7 year statute debt! They attempted to put this on my credit report and were told that it would not stick on my credit report due to false reporting regarding and the 7 year statute rule! DO NOT PAY ANYONE UNLESS YOU KNOW THE FACTS AND DON'T BE THREATENED OR HARASSED BY THESE COLLECTION VILLAINS!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

This company offers to adjust your so-called "debt" owed to other companies. When asked to substantiate their claim, they mail a paragraph template letter simply stating what they claim is owed but without any accounting of the details. This is especially concerning and disturbing to customers such as us who even overpaid Sprint Wireless just so that we could get out of a messy and flawed accounting of our bill and repeated harassment by Sprint representatives stating "something bad will happen if we leave Sprint! It's a dumb move!" We thought we were finally done with Sprint, but then comes this cohort Enhanced Recovery Company (ERC) with yet another round of gangster tactics. ERC purchased Sprint's fraudulent amount owed from another company against whom we filed a formal Consumer complaint.

That other company has since gone. Now, ERC has gone so far as to spam our postal box -- abusing the Postal system -- with mails expressing language to the effect of "We can work things out if you just pay part of what you owe and this will take care of everything." Once again, similar to the prior rogue company hired by Sprint to harass customers, ERC's gleeful, wheeling and dealing solicitation of an offer for help fails to address the core issue of why ERC fails to substantiate fraudulent charges owed and rather resorts to haranguing abuse of innocent consumers by misusing the Postal system to target their mailboxes, spamming consumers with emails, and making harassing personal and workplace phone calls.

Rogue companies such as ERC are required to stop harassing phone calls upon express demand to stop, however ERC fails to recognize this and continues bombarding home and workplace numbers with absolutely no reflection on the consequent liability and repercussions from the employees and workplaces they are calling. Please beware of the ERC and their crude practices.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Contrary to most reviews I read, my experience with ERC was great. I found THREE marks from them on my credit report. I contacted them immediately and was greeted by a very professional representative. I explained the situation and he seemed genuinely happy to help. I asked for settlement amounts on each of the 3 old accounts and he made offers on all 3 that I couldn’t turn down. The old debts were paid and I was sent 3 emails almost immediately with letters attached showing the debts were settled but paid.

Even better yet, they removed the accounts from my credit report within the week and my scores jumped up much to my satisfaction. My experience with ERC was all in what I made it. I am naturally very cautious but I was friendly with them and they were equally friendly with me. My advice is reach out to them and trust them. They really do play by the rules, study the rules before you call them and you will have a better understanding of why they do what they do and say what they say.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Enhanced Recovery Company?

Original review: April 19, 2018

I had a problem with something on my report that was not correct. After speaking with the “Office of The president" supervisor NATOSHIA and explaining my situation she was very efficient and resourceful when looking at my file and made the necessary changes. Don’t be so quick to judge ERC, have you documented information ready and the company will listen to your circumstances and help you resolve your concerns if merited. Thanks again to everyone that took the time to listen and hear my story.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I received a letter to my home address that stated I had an unpaid debt that had gone to ERC collections for $57 that could be immediately settled for $39. The company it claimed I owed money to was one I had never heard of. On the letter it said that if I did not call them within 30 days of receiving the letter that would be me admitting to the debt. I waited roughly 20 days and gave ERC a call. I told the woman who answered the phone that this was not correct. She then asked me if I had ever lived at ** S 3rd St. I admitted that I had never lived there. I asked if she could verify my birthday to prove it was not me. She said "No, that is all the information we have".

I encouraged the woman to reflect on what she was participating in and that sending a threatening bill out to everyone in my city with my same first and last name is immoral. She told me that my home address and phone number would be removed from the account. My greatest concern is that this company bought a bundle of debts that was associated with my information or this company went out and obtained my information in a manner that I can't imagine as completely legal. Thank you for your time.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I bank with Chase and received a notification via email one night that my credit score had changed. I logged in to Chase Credit Journey and discovered new collection account from Enhanced Recovery Company. It showed a collection for $67 from Charter Communications. Now I know I settled my bill with TWC back in 2015 when I switched to DirecTV and returned the TWC equipment. SO I knew I did not have bill. I called ERC and they were so unprofessional. Chewing gum on the phone or eating while talking to me. They had no record of my information and no record of any collection account.

So I asked, "how the hell did you report this to my Transition credit file if you have no record of my information?" The agent responded by saying, "Oh I don't know. You can just pay it and it will come off in a year." Now $67 is not a lot of money but I refuse to pay debts that are not my own. I initiated a dispute with TransUnion as this was the only credit bureau with this collection listed. Within a week TransUnion responded and the collection account was removed. Be vigilant and check your credit report regularly. I recommend at least quarterly. And sign up for credit monitoring so you can get instant alerts when your credit file is changed for any reason.

Original review: March 15, 2018

This company has tried adding collections to my reports under Time Warner and Charter, problem is I've never had either and have had them removed numerous times, seems whenever you ask for proof it seems they won't provide it.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I received a letter stating that I owe Time Warner Cable $475 because of a delinquent account, which has now been transferred to debt collections. Interestingly enough, the service address was my mom's, which is a rural address that TWC/Spectrum/Charter have never been able to provide service to. I contacted Spectrum and the representative stated that if I had a delinquent account, even from 6 years ago when they were TWC, I would have been notified when I reapplied for service 3 years ago. To further suspicions, this debt has never appeared on my credit report this entire time. Enhanced Recovery Company needs to be investigated.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I received a debt collection notice from ERC for a Time Warner Cable bill. First, I've never had time Warner cable. So I contacted these people and they informed me it was for service provided in Dallas Tx in 2010. I haven't lived in Dallas in almost 20 years and the address they gave me, I NEVER lived at. I printed out their identity theft paperwork and made a police report. Then I started reading the reviews. This place wants you to send them a copy of your birth certificate to validate you are who you say you are. Red flag people! I will be contacting a lawyer and have reported them to the BBB. I have documents of all my addresses since 2005 so these people will NOT be receiving ANYTHING from me.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I have been trying to repair my credit for several years, making progress and suddenly, ERC shows up out of nowhere. It was supposedly a balance owed to Charter Communications, yet I hadn't owed money or had an account with them in over 5 years. All equipment was returned and I thought that was that. I freaked because ERC ruined a year's worth of work on my score with this bogus, arbitrary "collections account." I discovered this black eye on a weekend - no one answered their phone at this "company" until the next weekday, so I contacted a rep at Equifax.

After 10 minutes of talking, typing and searching, he helped me start a dispute with ERC. I suspect that he has run across this "company" before; he seemed completely understanding and helpful. Fast forward 3 weeks and I found that it was promptly removed from my score, thank goodness! ERC is a scam collections company with access to personal information that allows them to nickel-dime people into paying a credit score ransom. They should be shut down and PROSECUTED for EXTORTION.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I am citizen of the Unites States of age, would like to make a complaint against operating credit debt collection agency Enhanced Recovery Co. who does not care about consumers' rights for identity theft. I have made several attempts contacting the agency disputing fraudulent accounts. I sent police report, FTC report, affidavit & proof of my identity. They refused to Delete & consider the (FCRA) FAIR CREDIT TRANSACTION ACT, CONSUMER FINANCIAL PROTECTION BUREAU OF CALIFORNIA CREDIT LAWS Sections 605B, 615(f), 623(a)(6).

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I received a call from this company. They asked for my wife and claimed it was a personal financial matter. Mario was his name and he was trolling for my wife's personal information. He was aggressive, rude and couldn't tell us what the call was regarding. He tried to get our personal information until we hung up on him. I called ERC direct and asked if I owe a company money and they said no. THIS COMPANY IS MORE THAN A DEBT COLLECTOR AND THEY PREY ON PEOPLE. Feel bad for the next person Mario calls who will not stand up to his aggressive tactics.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

WARNING - Received a collection call today regarding an account that does not belong to me. Tried to get payment for a cable bill from an address that I have not lived at for almost 10 years. Called the cable company - no account on file.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I currently have Equifax credit watch and I notice a debt of $159.00 pop up on my credit report at the I had Lexington Law working on my credit. Lexington Law disputed the claim but 2 months later the collection came back. I decided to stop paying L. Law $79.99 and pay the AT&T collection (after all it was mine because I forgot to return their internet equipment within the 30 days of cancellation). I called Enhanced Recovery and spoke to Keshia **. Who was extremely nice and helpful. I paid the amount and she told me to call back in a couple of days to receive my payoff letter. I called back and they emailed my payoff letter and mailed me a copy. They were very professional. Call with a positive and calm attitude, speak to the customer service reps with respect and ask about payment options.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

On 9/19/2014, I switched my cell phone service from T-Mobile to Verizon. I called T-Mobile right before just to verify that I was good to go even though I knew I had no any obligation (I was with them for 8 years). T-Mobile assured me that my account was current and I should expect a last bill of partial payment. My nightmare started from there. T-Mobile continues to charge my Amex for service not existing anymore. I had to contact them 4-5 times but got very contradictory info from different agents. All I needed was a final bill (I used paperless billing so I didn’t have hard copies. And since I was no longer a customer, I couldn’t log in my account to see the details either).

On the end T-Mobile never sent the final bill as I repeatedly requested. When I continued to dispute the overcharges, they brought me promptly to a collection company called AmSher a few months later. I reluctantly paid one month extra just to settle, but didn't know that it wasn't settled. Instead, T-Mobile sold my account again to ERC. After I explained to ERC about the situation, and ask for a bill to support their claims, they never contacted me again. I thought T-Mobile corrected their record, but found out a year later that ERC had fraudulently reported me to the credit bureau. It is an intentional "mistake" by T-Mobile and ERC did fabulous job by assisting it reach the goal.

I disputed with ERC by providing many evidence, say, payment to Verizon for the same phone number/service period T-Mobile was still charging me... And they responded that T-Mobile insisted it was my debt. The funny part is that neither T-Mobile nor ERC has ever had any bill to support their claims since they don't have something not existing. I am currently disputing this with the credit bureau. Be aware the unethical pairs of T-Mobile and ERC that are both purely evil. I am telling everyone I know not to use T-Mobile, and will also send complain of ERC to the corresponding department.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I believe that ERC is a scam organization. Somebody used my phone number, which I have owned for 45 years, as their own and then apparently did not pay their bills. I explained to these people that they have the wrong person but they keep calling and when I answer all I get is a robo message. I am now documenting every communication with them so that I can take them to court for harassment. One bit of advice that l can give to people from my own experience with a debt collector who tried to collect on a bill that my father had not paid prior to his death is to check your state's statute of limitations for debt collection. That collector tried to get me to pay that bill several years after my dad's death and I just kept laughing at them until they finally gave up.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

My father received a collection letter from ERC for a debt to CenturyLink. The account # was not his nor was the spelling of his name correct. We called CenturyLink verifying his account was current and that that he only had one account. (We thought someone may have set up a fraudulent account with CL). We called ERC and were hung up on 3 times. We wrote them, letting them know this information we received from CL. They emailed back asking for his address, SSN and full name. We didn't contact them back because that doesn't seem like information they would be requesting if it was a valid account. I think they are collecting on debts they created themselves.

Original review: July 25, 2017

Just called ERC for a bill I had with AT&T. It was a completely unprofessional call. I could hear people in the background yelling and screaming. They seemed to be very proud of the amount of money they were able to extract from customers who had paid off their debts. I could barely understand the person who was speaking to me because of the noise. When our transaction was done, the person did not leave with a customary "Have a nice day" or "Thank you for using ERC," she just hung up. If you can avoid any interaction with this company I recommend it.

Original review: June 28, 2017

They said that the only way that they would take it off my credit history (within 45 days mind you) was IF I paid it AGAIN!!! Really -- Pay same bill TWICE!!! I was infuriated that I had to pay for a bill that was SO OLD from AT&T that Enhanced Recovery had PAID FOR in order to get my Credit History out of collections! AT&T account was so old that I had no idea how I could have a bill with them when I had paid ALL BILLS WITH THEM OFF. I told Enhanced Recovery that this is THEFT!!! They insisted on my payment. I cannot get my home loan without paying TWICE. Horrible!

Original review: June 26, 2017

It is unfortunate that a company will purposely lie to customers about what they owe and how old the debts are. These are accounts over ten years old and this company is still trying to collect full balances on accounts that really should be removed out of statute. They push their collectors to lie about the settlement amounts and what they have to pay, when a lot of people are broke and struggling. I would caution the customer to really look deep into this company if they are on their credit reports. Because more times than none, they are out of statute.

Original review: June 19, 2017

Criminals and liars. Time Warner sold off my debt to them in the amount of $350. I called them on June 9 to settle the debt for about $223. They confirmed that I would shortly receive a letter confirming that the balance is 0 and it would be removed from my account. On Monday, June 12, they sent me another collection letter for $140, which was not even the difference between what I owed and what I settled for.

Original review: June 18, 2017

I first contacted this company on 6/14 to pay one of my accounts, yes one out of three that is (don't judge me). I spoke with a young man name Leighton. The first account I paid for (well I thought I did) was AT&T. He asked me for my cc# three times, which I was a little skeptical because he said he didn't catch it the first time. He assured me that they don't keep records of this info. Well the next morning I woke up no money had been taken out of my account, and yes there was more than enough in the account to cover it. I called back to speak to him, the young lady Jasmine advised me he was not in the office was there anything she can do to help. I didn't want to deal with all these different people but I wanted pay these bills off. I brought her up to speed on the situation, she stated to me no payment was submitted. So what happened to my cc info I gave him? She said he must have thought he submitted it but he didn't.

Now I'm hitting the panic button. As I'm expressing the way how I feel Jasmine is telling me she understands my situation, no need to panic, not was saved etc etc etc. Well I proceeded to give her another cc to make the payment. She assured me this time the money would be taken out today. So about an hour goes by and nothing has happened. Now I'm flipping, I'm thinking about calling the bank to stop payment, calling my cc company to pay and so on. Well said before I do all this let me call back and ask Jasmine what is going on. Once again I can't get in contact with her. This time I speak to young lady by the name Chyna who changed my whole perception of my situation. She took time out to explain to me why the payment wasn't taken and hadn't been taken yet.

Needless to say she took care of all my accounts for me and got them down 60% then what they were original for. She even gave me some advice as to how to get this off my CR. I had to inform this young lady's supervisor on how much of a great job she was doing. Thank you so much Chyna **. You really did a fabulous job on your customer skills... Morale of the story is pay your bills (if you can) and not go through this crap.

Original review: May 31, 2017

Within the past year I noticed a collections pop up on my Credit Karma, which I check at LEAST weekly. It was an Enhanced Recovery Corp. collection for AT&T. I move around quite a bit (military) and may have had AT&T back in 2010 (possibly). I am very good about closing accounts when I PCS/Deploy, etc. So needless to say I'm so confused by a $35 dollar charge. However, my financial advisor said to pay it so it will go away. I called ERC and imagine my shock when they told there was "NO RECORD OF MY NAME OR SOCIAL!" WHAT?! I mean what in the holy great world of anything good can they just not have any record of me?

So I contact AT&T and THEY HAVE NO RECORD OF ME, by neither name nor social. Caution the next few sentences will be a bit racy. Who in the ** just adds a collections agency to someone's credit WITH NO EVIDENCE OF ACCOUNT?! Who the ** the Equifax think they are? This ERC doesn't have ANY information on me nor does Equifax even have a mother ** account number, BUT THEY REPORT IT ANYWAY?! ** this credit number scheme and the ** credit reporter ** they rode in on! No wonder there is so much credit fraud! Credit reporting companies will allow any Tom, Dick, or Harry to put any ** amount they want on someone's credit! This is so unbelievably unacceptable!!!

Original review: May 27, 2017

ERC has to be the biggest scam known to man. They placed a $52 charge off on my credit report from T-mobile one year after I cancelled their pathetic service and the account was paid in full!! This ** dropped my credit score 75 points!! I surely hope ConsumerAffairs evaluate these reviews and prosecute these got damn thieves!!

Original review: May 23, 2017

I recently closed my account with Spectrum (formerly Time Warner) as I will be living overseas for the next 12 months. I finally received my final statement from Spectrum, which noted that I owe a whopping total of $20 (I already returned my wireless router). Nevertheless, the only statement I received from them included a menacing message about my account being in "collections" for nonpayment. I promptly called Spectrum to speak with a customer care rep. The representative kindly informed me that my account was not in collections and that the threatening message was "automatically generated" on the company's print-outs. Satisfied, but perturbed, I stopped thinking about it.

One day later, I got a call from ERC, the designated debt collector for Spectrum/Time Warner Cable. In addition to impersonating a "Time Warner" accounts executive, the individual on the other end of the line was insistent that I give her my "service address." There are two problems here: (1) Time Warner no longer exists as such and (2) Spectrum would most certainly know my address. I asked to speak with a supervisor, who proved to be quite rude. He, too, pretended to be a Time Warner representative and insisted that my account is in collections. I told him that I paid my final balance ($20) by check and that a Spectrum rep had assured me that my account balance is $0. He got incredibly nasty with me and finally admitted that my account is not in collections. When I asked him what prompted his call, he hung up. Please check up on this business as its practices certainly include ethics and legal violations.

Original review: March 28, 2017

So after like 6 years of not having Sprint and they're almost off my report I get a call 2 weeks ago from them. The guy was super nice with me and understanding. Well I get a call today and the dude is a straight up ** telling me I have to pay something soon or the amount will go up. I told him I don't have money to and it's reasons why and I prefer not to talk about it as it is family issues and not some bill collectors business as if they'd care anyways. But he proceeded to tell me I have to put a card on file so they can take their money to pay Sprint. Do I have a legal job, how many hours I work a week and how much I make a week, can I afford $500 down and $300 a month for 3 months plus interest that they will add after the first $500 payment. For me to make sure I pay it or I'll never make it in like anywhere and crap like seriously?

Original review: March 4, 2017

ERC is collecting on my AT&T internet account. I'm confused because of the amount they are asking for. When I called to set up the internet through them, they told me the total price for the first month plus installation would be $160. That included the installation. They said I get a discount because I was a new customer. So, I agreed because the payments would be reasonable and I would have unlimited access and the price would be the same.

Or so, I thought. After a month and a half, I received a bill for over $400. I called them and just got flimsy excuses for such a large bill. They lied to me. Now, when I checked my credit score and clicked on ERC for AT&T, the price jumped to $522!! I think this is extremely unfair. How do I get them to lower the price to what I owe for the 6 weeks? I don't mind paying the $160 because that's the price they gave me. I don't have $522. It would take me 4 or 5 months to save that. But, like I said, that amount is unfair.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

This company fraudulently used my information to place a 250$ collection in my report. As a result my credit has suffered 25+ points and there is no evidence from this company as to where this debt originated from. This is a scam. I understand collections is a business but this company is fraudulent and they are violating several FDCPA laws, negligence, so on and so forth. I strongly urge everyone to join as a class to sue this company.

Enhanced Recovery Company Company Information