Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options
1.31/5

Jacksonville, FL

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

141 Enhanced Recovery Company Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 4, 2019

This rogue company keeps "refreshing" the date of a debt I had with Sprint that has long expired under the statute of limitations. At least 13 years has passed since I dealt with Sprint whom sold the debt to ERC. Sprints original claim was for an unpaid bill which included multiple calls to Europe for hundreds of dollars that I did not make. They ignored all my reasoning and evidence. I'm going to have to hire a firm to sue for harassment.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I have been attempting to work with Enhanced Recovery Company for sometime. My client asked that I settle some debts for her. In little time I was able to settle each of them with the exception of the one with ERC. Since late 2018 ERC demanded that a Power of Attorney had to be mailed to them. (keep in mind other creditors allow a POA to be faxed and even scanned straight to them). ERC first provided me with a mailing address which was inaccurate. Then they provided a second address and later claimed they did not receive the POA and to please mail out another.

Finally last week a representative there stated I can email this to them to: POA@ERCBPO.com. Today again they claimed they did not receive it. In speaking to the supervisor, Robert ** he would not confirm that he received the POA. Nor would he provide or confirm the email address to resend it to. In fact he said he could not further help me. Are you kidding! The creditor that we were attempting to payoff is Kohl's. I can tell you they will soon learn about the company they retained, ERC and the person running it, Robert **.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Collection Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Called and settled debt. Was told it would be removed from credit reports within 30 days. Called after 30 days and was told it usually takes around 45 days to be removed from credit reports. Called again after 45 days and was told they don't and won't remove it. Only send me a letter stating the debt was paid. I freaked out and told the rep about the previous promises. I then left a message with the office of the president asking WTF? They called me back and said they had listened to the recorded interactions from the previous month I had with their reps. He said I was correct and the reps should not have promised the removal of the negative debt. But since they did he would honor it and had the negative debt removed from all three credit unions.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I keep getting collection letters from ERC for some company called "Deals Supreme". I live in a private residence and have informed them of such and that several times. I got told the first time that they would remove my address from their records, got another collection letter 3 months later. I contacted them yet again and was told that they did not care that it is a private residence and not a business, that I would pay the collections notice. Now I have never had an account with the original creditor (AT&T U-verse), But ERC still keeps saying that I will pay the collection letter. They do not even care that they have the wrong address.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

First of all, I've never received anything from them by mail. I saw the debt appear on my credit report a few days ago. I called them and to verify the account they used an address that I lived at over 7 years ago. The rep claimed it was the billing address on the account. At which point I stated that I did not have AT&T at that time so why would they have that address as the billing address. Then he accused me of not listening and that he stated that was the mailing address. Then I asked why that was the mailing address if I had no account with AT&T at that home over 7 years ago. He then proceeded to tell me I needed to just pay the amount I owe and he didn't know why I used that mailing address for the account if I wasn't living there. OMG! Seriously!

The amount I owed AT&T was in dispute from when I was living in Italy and they charged me for an international plan as well as a domestic plan for the state I had been living in. Then he claimed I owed them the money which I disputed that if I were going to pay anyone it would have been AT&T when they fixed the billing error. He tried to get my current mailing address so they could send me the bill. I said no, if the debt was legit then he would already have my current address.

I asked him if this debt was paid would he remove the derogatory account off my credit report and he said no because it would remain on there forever. It would just say paid in full. To which I told him he was a terrible liar and how stupid did he think I am because it falls off after 7 years. How can they sleep at night? Those companies selling off their debts to these hacks are really no better than them. The big companies claim it as a loss on your taxes, but then sell it to someone else so they can make money on something they were never owed in the first place. How is this legal?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Enhanced Recovery Company?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

ERC just attempted to collect a debt from me that was past the 7 year limit per the Federal Trade Commission, which is not good, as this was a fraudulent attempt to collect a debt. The collector sent me to a manager who then apologized and told me they would not call again.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I received a FRAUDULENT attempt by ERC to recover a beyond the 7-year statute of limitations credit account per the statutes of law set by the FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION set to protect consumers. ERP FRAUDULENTLY stated that I opened an account with DirecTV on 6/18 but in turn are attempting to collect a debt that is beyond that statute set by law! I have read books on how to change my credit and have rebuilt my credit myself after reading the book DEBT CURES by KEVIN TRUDEAU.

I am constantly looking at my credit on a daily basis to trap companies like ERP that are FRAUDULENTLY trying to recover from unrecoverable beyond the 7 year statute debt! They attempted to put this on my credit report and were told that it would not stick on my credit report due to false reporting regarding and the 7 year statute rule! DO NOT PAY ANYONE UNLESS YOU KNOW THE FACTS AND DON'T BE THREATENED OR HARASSED BY THESE COLLECTION VILLAINS!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

This company offers to adjust your so-called "debt" owed to other companies. When asked to substantiate their claim, they mail a paragraph template letter simply stating what they claim is owed but without any accounting of the details. This is especially concerning and disturbing to customers such as us who even overpaid Sprint Wireless just so that we could get out of a messy and flawed accounting of our bill and repeated harassment by Sprint representatives stating "something bad will happen if we leave Sprint! It's a dumb move!" We thought we were finally done with Sprint, but then comes this cohort Enhanced Recovery Company (ERC) with yet another round of gangster tactics. ERC purchased Sprint's fraudulent amount owed from another company against whom we filed a formal Consumer complaint.

That other company has since gone. Now, ERC has gone so far as to spam our postal box -- abusing the Postal system -- with mails expressing language to the effect of "We can work things out if you just pay part of what you owe and this will take care of everything." Once again, similar to the prior rogue company hired by Sprint to harass customers, ERC's gleeful, wheeling and dealing solicitation of an offer for help fails to address the core issue of why ERC fails to substantiate fraudulent charges owed and rather resorts to haranguing abuse of innocent consumers by misusing the Postal system to target their mailboxes, spamming consumers with emails, and making harassing personal and workplace phone calls.

Rogue companies such as ERC are required to stop harassing phone calls upon express demand to stop, however ERC fails to recognize this and continues bombarding home and workplace numbers with absolutely no reflection on the consequent liability and repercussions from the employees and workplaces they are calling. Please beware of the ERC and their crude practices.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Contrary to most reviews I read, my experience with ERC was great. I found THREE marks from them on my credit report. I contacted them immediately and was greeted by a very professional representative. I explained the situation and he seemed genuinely happy to help. I asked for settlement amounts on each of the 3 old accounts and he made offers on all 3 that I couldn’t turn down. The old debts were paid and I was sent 3 emails almost immediately with letters attached showing the debts were settled but paid.

Even better yet, they removed the accounts from my credit report within the week and my scores jumped up much to my satisfaction. My experience with ERC was all in what I made it. I am naturally very cautious but I was friendly with them and they were equally friendly with me. My advice is reach out to them and trust them. They really do play by the rules, study the rules before you call them and you will have a better understanding of why they do what they do and say what they say.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I had a problem with something on my report that was not correct. After speaking with the “Office of The president" supervisor NATOSHIA and explaining my situation she was very efficient and resourceful when looking at my file and made the necessary changes. Don’t be so quick to judge ERC, have you documented information ready and the company will listen to your circumstances and help you resolve your concerns if merited. Thanks again to everyone that took the time to listen and hear my story.

Enhanced Recovery Company Company Information