Enhanced Recovery Company

Jacksonville, FL

Compare Debt Collection Agencies

Research top Debt Collection Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was informed by Credit Karma that I had a new collections account and when I went looking it appears that it is this ERC people. They are trying to collect on the behalf of TMobile. I will say that I did have an account with TMobile back in the day and I ported over my phone number about a year and a half ago. When I did the porting I contacted TMobile and talked with them about what I owed and what I was doing. TMobile talked to my new company and myself and the representative from TMobile told both of us that I owed nothing and I was completely caught up on my bill. The representative also told us that I was probably going to be getting a refund.

I completed my porting of my phone and continued on with life until I got information saying that TMobile had sold my account to a different collections company (Who is still trying to collect from me as well) and I disputed that as well. That company found my information correct and it is still showing open on my credit report, but is not being reported. Then come October of this year and I have ERC showing that I owe TMobile again. I call them and explained to both TransUnion and ERC and neither of them say that they can help and the only thing I can do is contact The Presidents Office and talk with them. When the girl put me on hold from ERC she came back and told me that no one is available and I have to call back. She didn't give hours or what time zone so I had to ask her and she said that she didn't know that she had to tell me that.

In asking all for a bill showing that I actually owe the money, no one can provide that for me. They are ruining my credit by reporting this twice and not actually listening to the information I have. I suggest that if you ever see them on your credit report that you contact them right away as this is going to be a long fight for you. They don't care and they have no clue as to what they are talking about.

This company ERC reported a false report to the credit companies Experian and Equifax without submitting a social security number. The report was placed on my records. They did not identify the correct person. When I call they wanted to steal my identity. I have disputed the report, but how can I get help to report this company practice and stop them from stealing people's identity. The account number is **. It from DirecTV in Minnesota, which I never lived and never had DirecTV.

ERC has been informed by me personally that no one who owes them owns this phone or is associated to me in any way. At least 6 times I have told them, both verbally and on their automated system. Nothing changes, they just keep calling. Federal communications commission!!! Please do your job and restrain these jerks. Today the operator was named Tanya **. She is one of many erc cads I have asked not to call. I doubt that they will stop calling. Maybe a class action lawsuit is in order.

I moved from an old apartment in 2014 and paid my final TWC bill. All of a sudden on 09/2016 I get an alert from Equifax that I have a collection on my report!!! I never received a bill via mail or a call whatsoever. They were sending this mail to another address which I have never resided at. I contacted TWC and they stated account is closed. There is a zero balance. I requested multiple deletion letters by fax and mail and NONE WERE RECEIVED. Every rep tells you something different. I spoke with Nikki ** at the President's Office and she kept claiming they are disputing it or deleting it.

I lodged a complaint with CFPB and I am awaiting a response. This company is absolutely fraudulent in nature. How the credit bureau even accepted this collection is beyond me. If they do not rectify this I will take them to court. They destroy people's credit for a living whether or not the debt is valid. This company should be shut down because upper management are incompetent all the way down the chain. The lowest of the low are employed here to wreck your credit with no DOB or Social to even verify. Shut them down already...

I got a letter claiming I owed money for a phone account I'd paid and closed three years ago, and then found that my credit report had been damaged by ERC's reporting this alleged debt without notifying me, and without even verifying the debt, since the date of last payment is not even listed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Enhanced Recovery Company?

I was first contacted by this agency by phone. When I offered my attorney's name and phone #- the representative hung up. I did contact them via my credit monitoring company. I spoke with a supervisor who tried to get me to admit to the debt. I repeatedly stated that I just needed information. The supervisor seemed to be nice enough. Told him I was disputing it. They agreed not to contact me again while the debt was being validated. Instead of validating it, they did a hard pull of my credit thus lowering my score, among other things. I have contacted an attorney, and will seek redress.

This company continues to call our business line. Months have gone by and I call them and ask them to remove our number. They never remove our number and keep calling!

ERC has called house on numerous occasions being very rude and requesting payment on a bill to TIME WARNER CABLE from 2012... requesting credit card information... then and immediately... called TWC and they said I have been a customer for over 19 years and DO NOT HAVE a past due bill. The account number that ERC referred to is not valid. I since then have sent a letter to ERC requesting all information they have.... to show a lawyer.

I have read others comments and have had issues dealing with ERC as well. I have sent letters to the CRA's and directly to ERC. No problem with Experian. They removed the negative tradeline immediately but I have had a heck of a time with Equifax. They investigated and reinvestigated and came back to me that they have verified the debt and confirmed it belongs to me. I contacted them to request their method of verification and was told that ERC has confirmed my name and social security number. What a bunch of crap. They suggested that I once again contact ERC. I have sent several letters, all certified, return receipt, to ERC to validate this debt and have received no response whatsoever.

I have now sent my FINAL warning letters to both ERC and Equifax that unless this debt is validated, I will take to court and sue for punitive damages. I have informed Equifax that since ERC has ignored my validation request, they are in violation of the FCRA act and must remove this tradeline from my credit report. I hope this letter finally works and it is removed immediately and I do not have to deal with this issue any longer.

I received a call from this company, then they demanded that I verify who I was by giving them my personal information. When I refused because I have no idea who this is they continued to demand my personal information. The continued that "We are trying to collect a debt." "Ok you are trying to collect a debt from Verizon, yet you expect me to give you my social security number, birth date and address, yet you cannot tell me who you are and why you are calling me." I hung up. Since then they call my job. They don't ask for anyone just expect that you must be the person they want. I hang up. I am not giving out information to all sundry just because you say you are ERC. I don't know you at all.

I had been with Verizon Wireless for years and decided to cancel to go to T-Mobile. T-Mobile had a promo to pay your ETF's and all I needed to do was show proof I paid them off then I'd get reimbursed. I did that and T-Mobile reimbursed me. ERC is stating that VZ Wireless is claiming I owe them ETF's yet VZ has no record of it. They call demanding me to provide them with personal info. I told them "wrong #" and she spewed such filth towards me that I hung up and blocked the call.

Creditor refused payment for the balance in full twice. Called in, gave the company the account number wanting to pay the account, rep refused payment. Asked for a supervisor, he also refused payment. Apparently they have no interest in accepting payments. Sadly the account is less than $5.

I have received calls from 805-366-4903 that seems to be ERC, and after reading the comments here, the only thing I realize that this has maybe to do with T-Mobile balance that appears in my credit record. I had a 2-years contract with them and stopped paying after the contract ended. I was surprised with my records but did anything to change it because I am tired with this kind of callings that never ends.

I was contacted by ERC in late October 2015. They claimed I owed money on a AT&T cell phone bill from 3 years ago. I listened carefully to the collector on the phone. I did not admit or deny the bill and I did not make a promise to pay or entertain a settlement offer. I was with AT&T for over 4 years--they robbed me each month for their service when my contract was over. It was over. I did not renew. This was in 2012.

As the debt collector spoke I knew he didn't have a leg to stand on but he tried and I didn't take the bait. They called me every morning at 9am like clockwork from their office in Providence RI. I never picked up again. Just recently in early December I saw they reported the old cell phone debt to Equifax and Experian. I could not believe it. These crooks actually reported it as a new delinquent account 1) that's against the law it wasn't a new account so it was falsely report under as a new contract; 2) it was illegal to collect from me on such a old debt.

Why you ask? TIME BARRED. This is a federal law. They cannot make me pay this or make a promise to pay on this account it was well over two years and they gave false information to these agencies to validate this. The contract was over and I was done with AT&T. Case closed. Of course I disputed this and it was deleted from my credit report much to my surprise from Experian. I have not tried Equifax as yet but I will.

These people are smart enough to think we are all stupid about the laws. According to federal law if I so choose I could actually get a lawyer and sue them what they tried to do was so illegal. PLEASE read the laws before you commit or admit anything to debt collectors. Their LAST call I told them I knew about my rights and I knew them very well. I know they broke federal and state laws. They never called again.

I received physical mail from Enhanced Recovery Corporation saying I had a bill from ATT that was unpaid. I didn't see that from ATT but decided to pay anyway because I'm stupid. They charged a premium on top of that but guaranteed it wouldn't show up on credit. It showed up on credit and I'm currently disputing it.

I owed AT&T a cancellation fee of $254 and some change. ERC offered a settlement of 114.52 because I've been putting it off for so long. I finally decided to pay it at the lowest price. Their system has it as being settled but AT&T hadn't received a thing. It's going on about a month now and I'm over it would. So glad I'm young enough to see this now... I'll never pay another collection agency again.

My credit card was virtually stolen 2 months ago. The bank unbeknownst to me shut down the account. All accounts with auto pays were shut down. I have been paying for my original AOL dial up service for 15 years (I know, I know!). I never use my AOL account, I have a free account with someone else. I happened to look at the mail the other day (there is 10's of thousands of junk emails) and there was an email from "AOL" failed payment notification. It says that I owe $36.99 and to call their "AOL member services team".

I called that number and explained what happened and that my husband called a month ago to cancel the account (finally!). They said that I owe $75 but they could reduce it to $25. I asked for a supervisor who told me the same. I told them that my husband called AOL last month but it must not have been cancelled. I started asking for department names and phone numbers. They gave me names but said that they didn't have phones. I informed them that I would find it the old fashioned way then. They put me on hold for the "head of department".

Meanwhile, I looked her up on the computer and found that she doesn't work for AOL but for Enhanced Recovery Company. When she got back on the phone I asked again if she worked for AOL and she said yes. "So you don't work for ERC?" "Uhhhhhhhh, yea I do." "Well that's not AOL is it?" "Yes it is" "Uh, no. You are a collection company that bought an account from AOL, right?" "Well we can offer you to take care of this by paying $25." "No, you can waive my account and I don't appreciate being lied to." "I didn't lie to you, you didn't ask..." REALLY???

I called an AOL customer service number (all of which are no longer based in the U.S. EXCEPT for the collection dept in Florida (ERC)) who can only refer me to the collection department (because they bought the account!). I informed the nice AOL gentleman that it is not an AOL department and they shouldn't keep lying to customers about it. The only reason they want $25 is because that's how much they bought the account for. I'll be damned if I am paying it. 15 years I paid $40 to AOL and 10 of it I never used it. I already paid my stupid dues...

A few days ago, I was checking my credit report and it appeared that I owe ERC $2,640, and they supposedly got the debt from Sprint. I called Sprint because I had an account with them and then I transfer to T-Mobile. The last bill I got from Sprint marked $0.00 and I called them and they say they did not transfer my account to any debt collector. TransUnion started an investigation because the debt is affecting my credit score, so I hope everything is solved. If the debt doesn't disappear ERC has to respond, because I won't be able to pay 2,640 dollars and nobody knows where that came from.

As I was checking my credit report I noticed that an account was in collection. ERC apparently was reporting that Comcast Cable had turned over an account to them for collection for 481.00 in July 2015. Apparently account was opened with Comcast in 2012. I attempted to contact ERC and got the runaround. No one can find my account. Comcast can't tell me anything saying it was turned over to ERC. I have not ever had a Comcast account and can't even get Comcast in my area yet it is now on my credit report. What a crock... Seems like anyone can add anything onto credit report then we play heck getting it fixed. I will not pay ERC for an account that is not mine. I think they all need to check out who they do business with and then check out social security numbers and addresses before trying to collect on a debt.

I noticed I had a mark on my credit report due to a T-mobile debt that I owed. I received a phone call from this agency and they said I owed more than what was reported (agency fees). I advised I wasn't going to be paying those fees or any fees associated to processing my payments (I'm in debt collections myself). I know how this game works. They agreed and now I'm paid in full.

They claimed they represent Comcast Cable for an outstanding balance of $114.62. Comcast had Credit Management, LP tried to collect in 2014. Comcast could not provide a detailed calling record for long distance calls Comcast claimed was made from my phone. Credit Management reviewed the case and decided to discontinue the collection effort. Enhanced Recovery just sent me a collection notice and they did not even have my correct name. They also tried calling me.

I called and requested copy of account with this company. Was told they purchased the account from T-Mobile, a company that I do not owe a debt. I called T-Mobile. Their records show account is paid and they have no record of the debt. I called Enhanced Recovery back and was told by Enhanced Recovery that they would report monthly until I paid them the amount they reported to the credit bureaus. I disputed the claim in July. The debt was reported again in August. This is extortion.

Hi my name is Ariel **. This company reported an acct. from Comcast that I owe $339 which I don't owe at all. I did have an acct. in Comcast and they have ask me to return the equipments which I did and paid off all balance when I close my account with them. Then I saw this on my credit report - the only account showing on collections which I tried to take care of my credit. I never had any other account on collections. On top of that this company never heard and they never tried to contact me. I never receive any mail or calls regarding this acct.

I have contacted Comcast regarding this matter and they have told me that my acct. is paid off and no outstanding balance. They said that there must be some misunderstanding on my acct. which I don't appreciate. They have contacted the above agency and told them to cleared this but I'm still seeing this on my credit report. If you look at my credit history I don't even have much of credit cards due to being afraid of stuff like this could happen. I'm trying to build up my credit and pay my accounts on time. I don't deserved to be harassed and get my credit ruined because of this.

I called to pay my debt for $60 and they could not find it. I called Comcast to pay it and they said my account has been paid in full and that I have no balance. Do I get this off my credit report? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I made Enhanced Recovery aware 05/19/2015 that I do not owe a balance with them for DirecTV. According to representative George ** he would stop all contact, have their records updated. On 08/6/2015, I receive an credit alert that Enhanced Recovery placed this account/Balance owed on my credit report. I called and spoke with manager (Wendy **) who was very rude and refused to let me explain to her that this account was settled. As I was attempting to give her the information she kept interrupting stating "no... no... no." I conference in DirecTV to inform her the original balance owed and the account had been settled on back in march 2015. She never apologized for their/Her negligence. This company is rude and needs to be investigated. All of my calls are recorded just like theirs for proof of their negligence. They need to be shut down.

Received a collection bill for $800 with Comcast for a relative at my address (relative occasionally uses my address because he is in assisted living, but has never lived with me). This relative has never had Comcast, nor have I, nor is it available in our area. Also spelled his name incorrectly. Out and out thieves.

Received notification from Enhanced Recovery Company that I owed Verizon $567 for a cell phone use with my account number. The bill was for I believe Dec 2014 and Jan 2015. When I received the notice I contacted them and said it was fraud as I have been living in Peru since Dec 2008 and my last payment to Verizon was 17 Apr 2009. I told them I was contacting the police to file a fraudulent bill.

Received a notice that they were putting my case on hold. Received a letter from them stating this 17 July 2015, on 1 Aug they turned it in to the credit bureaus. The 4th of Aug it was declared fraud and received a letter from Verizon stating so. They had no reason to turn it in to the credit bureaus this fast. I have a credit score of 823 and told them there was a mistake but they just ignored it. This company is the bottom of the barrel and I now have to wait maybe 2 months as Verizon has notified the credit bureaus, they declared it fraud. I ask ERC for an apology but don't expect they will admit to any wrongdoing.

This company showed up on my credit report out of nowhere. I do not have Time Warner cable and have not had it for 10 years and I paid off whatever was owed to them. This is the only derogatory mark I have on my report. It is annoying. There are several complaints on this company. There has to be something that can be done!

Have a 522.00 debt from Comcast that was left over from my divorce 5 years ago (ex was court ordered to pay it and he didn't), I didn't know it was still around until I went to get pre-qualified to buy a house in March of this year and found out it had first been reported last October (weirdly enough ERC has it listed as a "loan"). Called ERC and got nowhere. My attempts to validate the debt got me nowhere fast, my attempts to make payment went nowhere. The last rep I talked to was adamant that I give her my social security information, full name, date of birth and bank account information (routing number included) before they would do anything. I, of course refused. No one has free rein with my bank account or personal information. NO ONE. When I refused she stated the call was over and hung up.

When I closed on my house a month ago, they added the debt into my closing costs and cut me a check which I then mailed that afternoon certified, registered with a signature return. They did finally send me a debt validation letter a week after I closed on my house (mind you I sent out the initial debt verification request the first week in March) the documentation they sent me were 3 bills from 10+ years ago - the totals didn't even match the amount they were asking for (the bills totaled 612.56). I think it's amazing that it took them over 4 months to respond to my initial request.

They claim they've never gotten the check even though I have documentation from UPS that says they did. Check hasn't cleared the title company and the funds continue to sit in my escrow account. It can sit there until hell freezes over for all I care. I haven't heard from them since. ERC wants your money but only on THEIR terms, which means total unfettered access to your bank account, which isn't going to happen - ever.

I am cleaning up my credit. I called ERC since they have an AT&T bill, supposedly. I asked the woman could she send out a bill for my records and that I would start reconciling this. She had the nerve to tell me if I sent a check to CALL them FIRST... Why would I or anyone call prior to sending a payment? Perhaps because they are factious! Glad I read these reviews, I will NOT be sending any payment their way. I'll call AT&T and send it to them directly instead.

Enhanced Recovery Company Company Profile