1.24/5
Based on 115 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Enhanced Recovery Company

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 10, 2017

119 Enhanced Recovery Company Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

My father received a collection letter from ERC for a debt to CenturyLink. The account # was not his nor was the spelling of his name correct. We called CenturyLink verifying his account was current and that that he only had one account. (We thought someone may have set up a fraudulent account with CL). We called ERC and were hung up on 3 times. We wrote them, letting them know this information we received from CL. They emailed back asking for his address, SSN and full name. We didn't contact them back because that doesn't seem like information they would be requesting if it was a valid account. I think they are collecting on debts they created themselves.

Original review: July 25, 2017

Just called ERC for a bill I had with AT&T. It was a completely unprofessional call. I could hear people in the background yelling and screaming. They seemed to be very proud of the amount of money they were able to extract from customers who had paid off their debts. I could barely understand the person who was speaking to me because of the noise. When our transaction was done, the person did not leave with a customary "Have a nice day" or "Thank you for using ERC," she just hung up. If you can avoid any interaction with this company I recommend it.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: June 28, 2017

They said that the only way that they would take it off my credit history (within 45 days mind you) was IF I paid it AGAIN!!! Really -- Pay same bill TWICE!!! I was infuriated that I had to pay for a bill that was SO OLD from AT&T that Enhanced Recovery had PAID FOR in order to get my Credit History out of collections! AT&T account was so old that I had no idea how I could have a bill with them when I had paid ALL BILLS WITH THEM OFF. I told Enhanced Recovery that this is THEFT!!! They insisted on my payment. I cannot get my home loan without paying TWICE. Horrible!

Original review: June 26, 2017

It is unfortunate that a company will purposely lie to customers about what they owe and how old the debts are. These are accounts over ten years old and this company is still trying to collect full balances on accounts that really should be removed out of statute. They push their collectors to lie about the settlement amounts and what they have to pay, when a lot of people are broke and struggling. I would caution the customer to really look deep into this company if they are on their credit reports. Because more times than none, they are out of statute.

Original review: June 19, 2017

Criminals and liars. Time Warner sold off my debt to them in the amount of $350. I called them on June 9 to settle the debt for about $223. They confirmed that I would shortly receive a letter confirming that the balance is 0 and it would be removed from my account. On Monday, June 12, they sent me another collection letter for $140, which was not even the difference between what I owed and what I settled for.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Enhanced Recovery Company?

Original review: June 18, 2017

I first contacted this company on 6/14 to pay one of my accounts, yes one out of three that is (don't judge me). I spoke with a young man name Leighton. The first account I paid for (well I thought I did) was AT&T. He asked me for my cc# three times, which I was a little skeptical because he said he didn't catch it the first time. He assured me that they don't keep records of this info. Well the next morning I woke up no money had been taken out of my account, and yes there was more than enough in the account to cover it. I called back to speak to him, the young lady Jasmine advised me he was not in the office was there anything she can do to help. I didn't want to deal with all these different people but I wanted pay these bills off. I brought her up to speed on the situation, she stated to me no payment was submitted. So what happened to my cc info I gave him? She said he must have thought he submitted it but he didn't.

Now I'm hitting the panic button. As I'm expressing the way how I feel Jasmine is telling me she understands my situation, no need to panic, not was saved etc etc etc. Well I proceeded to give her another cc to make the payment. She assured me this time the money would be taken out today. So about an hour goes by and nothing has happened. Now I'm flipping, I'm thinking about calling the bank to stop payment, calling my cc company to pay and so on. Well said before I do all this let me call back and ask Jasmine what is going on. Once again I can't get in contact with her. This time I speak to young lady by the name Chyna who changed my whole perception of my situation. She took time out to explain to me why the payment wasn't taken and hadn't been taken yet.

Needless to say she took care of all my accounts for me and got them down 60% then what they were original for. She even gave me some advice as to how to get this off my CR. I had to inform this young lady's supervisor on how much of a great job she was doing. Thank you so much Chyna **. You really did a fabulous job on your customer skills... Morale of the story is pay your bills (if you can) and not go through this crap.

Original review: May 31, 2017

Within the past year I noticed a collections pop up on my Credit Karma, which I check at LEAST weekly. It was an Enhanced Recovery Corp. collection for AT&T. I move around quite a bit (military) and may have had AT&T back in 2010 (possibly). I am very good about closing accounts when I PCS/Deploy, etc. So needless to say I'm so confused by a $35 dollar charge. However, my financial advisor said to pay it so it will go away. I called ERC and imagine my shock when they told there was "NO RECORD OF MY NAME OR SOCIAL!" WHAT?! I mean what in the holy great world of anything good can they just not have any record of me?

So I contact AT&T and THEY HAVE NO RECORD OF ME, by neither name nor social. Caution the next few sentences will be a bit racy. Who in the ** just adds a collections agency to someone's credit WITH NO EVIDENCE OF ACCOUNT?! Who the ** the Equifax think they are? This ERC doesn't have ANY information on me nor does Equifax even have a mother ** account number, BUT THEY REPORT IT ANYWAY?! ** this credit number scheme and the ** credit reporter ** they rode in on! No wonder there is so much credit fraud! Credit reporting companies will allow any Tom, Dick, or Harry to put any ** amount they want on someone's credit! This is so unbelievably unacceptable!!!

Original review: May 27, 2017

ERC has to be the biggest scam known to man. They placed a $52 charge off on my credit report from T-mobile one year after I cancelled their pathetic service and the account was paid in full!! This ** dropped my credit score 75 points!! I surely hope ConsumerAffairs evaluate these reviews and prosecute these got damn thieves!!

Original review: May 23, 2017

I recently closed my account with Spectrum (formerly Time Warner) as I will be living overseas for the next 12 months. I finally received my final statement from Spectrum, which noted that I owe a whopping total of $20 (I already returned my wireless router). Nevertheless, the only statement I received from them included a menacing message about my account being in "collections" for nonpayment. I promptly called Spectrum to speak with a customer care rep. The representative kindly informed me that my account was not in collections and that the threatening message was "automatically generated" on the company's print-outs. Satisfied, but perturbed, I stopped thinking about it.

One day later, I got a call from ERC, the designated debt collector for Spectrum/Time Warner Cable. In addition to impersonating a "Time Warner" accounts executive, the individual on the other end of the line was insistent that I give her my "service address." There are two problems here: (1) Time Warner no longer exists as such and (2) Spectrum would most certainly know my address. I asked to speak with a supervisor, who proved to be quite rude. He, too, pretended to be a Time Warner representative and insisted that my account is in collections. I told him that I paid my final balance ($20) by check and that a Spectrum rep had assured me that my account balance is $0. He got incredibly nasty with me and finally admitted that my account is not in collections. When I asked him what prompted his call, he hung up. Please check up on this business as its practices certainly include ethics and legal violations.

Original review: March 28, 2017

So after like 6 years of not having Sprint and they're almost off my report I get a call 2 weeks ago from them. The guy was super nice with me and understanding. Well I get a call today and the dude is a straight up ** telling me I have to pay something soon or the amount will go up. I told him I don't have money too and it's reasons why and I prefer not to talk about it as it is family issues and not some bill collectors business as if they'd care anyways. But he processes to tell me I have to put a card on file so they can take their money to pay Sprint. Do I have a legal job, how many hours I work a week and how much I make a week, can I afford $500 down and $300 a month for 3 months plus interest that they will add after the first $500 payment. For me to make sure I pay it or I'll never make it in like anywhere and crap like seriously?

Original review: March 4, 2017

ERC is collecting on my AT&T internet account. I'm confused because of the amount they are asking for. When I called to set up the internet through them, they told me the total price for the first month plus installation would be $160. That included the installation. They said I get a discount because I was a new customer. So, I agreed because the payments would be reasonable and I would have unlimited access and the price would be the same.

Or so, I thought. After a month and a half, I received a bill for over $400. I called them and just got flimsy excuses for such a large bill. They lied to me. Now, when I checked my credit score and clicked on ERC for AT&T, the price jumped to $522!! I think this is extremely unfair. How do I get them to lower the price to what I owe for the 6 weeks? I don't mind paying the $160 because that's the price they gave me. I don't have $522. It would take me 4 or 5 months to save that. But, like I said, that amount is unfair.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

This company fraudulently used my information to place a 250$ collection in my report. As a result my credit has suffered 25+ points and there is no evidence from this company as to where this debt originated from. This is a scam. I understand collections is a business but this company is fraudulent and they are violating several FDCPA laws, negligence, so on and so forth. I strongly urge everyone to join as a class to sue this company.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

The ERC don't care who or how bad they screw someone's credit up! I'm looking at my report right now and ERC has me owing $569 and also $706 both reported on 1/21/2017 but opened 02/07/2013. Now the only phone service I have used is prepaid because I never had the credit to get contract service and when I found out that T-Mobile was one of the companies that used ERC for collections I called T-Mobile whom I had been a prepaid customer with since 1998 while they were a small company called Powertel and then VoiceStream then they became T-Mobile and service got worse. Anyway I was told I did not call them and tell them I had switched or stopped my service on my PREPAID phone. I ask the man with the accent, if T-Mobile thought that maybe the reason I didn't buy more time.

Now these places will turn your phone off if you do not pay for more time the instant it is due and they charged me for months of service I didn't have or use because I did not call them and let them know I was switching prepaid services. Which I did and I switched to Verizon Prepaid and am very happy with them. T-Mobile and ERC can both kiss that money goodbye and be ready because I am looking in every corner to try and have charges of fraud brought up against both companies for fraudulent claims and a few more charges. Let's put it this way, my father's a retired Investigator for the sheriff's dept. I'm going to have him and an attorney look at some records I have with these people.

They have ruined a lot of people's credit and have not helped but a few straighten it out when they were in the wrong. I have worked and done without a lot and brought my credit up from 450 to 619 now and these two charges which keeps updating themselves when they get old are still on there. But by having working credit instead of it just sitting there idle it continues to go up even with the old IOUs. I have credit with WebBank (Fingerhut) and a local furniture store and keep them paid and I add Items when the account get paid up good so that it keeps the credit going with good ratings from the debtors. It's not there but it's getting better.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

Fraudulent claim. ERC left me a message on my office phone to state that they are attempting to collect a debt of $619.38, for Charter Communications for service at my rental address, which is in Florida. The supposedly person who opened this account in my name had my personal information. When I asked them to verify my personal information, they could not provide it to me. ERC informed me they will mail me a Fraud Form to take to the police station to file a report.

Upon receiving this vague form, I contacted ERC. I immediately was suspicious when they gave me a different service address from our conversation 5 days later, which was now in St. Louis. I asked for the contact number for Charter Communication, the company I allegedly owe. They informed me that they did not have the number and I can google the number. Upon reviewing the ERC reviews, they are a fraudulent company. I can imagine how many honest hard-working people who thought they were doing the right thing that was defrauded by them. ERC should be thoroughly investigated by the appropriate Florida agency and shut down!!!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

My sister received a bill for over $800 for an AT&T account that was delinquent. She has never used AT&T, has no credit, and is only 19. I called AT&T on her behalf and they said the account went delinquent in 2012 when she would have been 14. They could not give me any info on the account citing privacy reasons and they wouldn't give any info to my sister either stating the same. I called ERC, and they refused to give me any info and when my sister went on the phone, they hung up. We will most definitely be calling a lawyer.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

In 2014, I notice a bill on my credit so when I called, they told me I owe AT&T, which I remember the bill and I knew one day they would put it on my credit for $102. So I called and settled an amount with them and paid it. After several months pass, I notice it was still on my credit and they told me they would remove it. So I called AT&T collections and they said they do not see a bill for that amount. So today tried to called Enhanced Recovery Corp. and googled them and the building is close down, so how do I get this off my credit?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Fraudulent charge from fivr.com over PayPal Credit. Received call regarding unpaid debt. They had my old California address, but my current NY phone number (We've lived here for 15 years). I explained that I didn't understand what was going on and through our exchange we both came to the conclusion that the charge had been fraudulently made. They had an unknown gmail address for me, that I had never created. ERC was nice once they realized that I was simply trying to determine what had happened.

Now the fraud will continue through the process; PayPal Credit fraud dept, paperwork filing, possibly police report & credit check to see if it has been listed. If so, then more paperwork to resolve that. I had noticed that my credit rating had dropped a little bit, but I attributed it to having opened another credit card, and as checking your score does not give you details this issue may be on it. I must say -- this problem is NOT the fault of or by ERC, however, it does appear from reading up on them here that it is possible that they take on a lot of fraudulent claims.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

ERC sent me a collection letter a few months ago in regard to Comcast. I do not, nor ever have, lived in an area serviced by Comcast. I called them and they quickly discovered I was not the Debbie ** they were looking for. They assured me this wouldn't impact my credit and they would correct their files. Instead, they reported me to Transunion, Experian and Equifax and my bank alerted me today that my credit rating had dropped and that a derogatory report was showing on my credit report. It was Enhanced Recovery Company. Now, I have to take time to write all 3 credit reporting agencies, along with ERC to get this corrected. I wish someone would just do their job correctly for a change.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

A few days ago, I was checking my credit report and it appeared that I owe ERC $715, and they supposedly got the debt from Sprint. I called Sprint because I had an account with them before I transferred to Boost Mobile. The last bill I got from Sprint marked $0.00. When I called Sprint informed me they didn't transfer my account to a debt collector. What a crock... Seems like anyone can add derogatory items onto credit reports. I will not pay ERC $715 dollars and nobody knows where that came from. I think debt collection agencies need to research consumers before purchasing debts.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

I checked my credit report and found this company had put a collection notice on my report! Apparently it's from Dish Network. I canceled my service with Dish years ago and return all equipment. Never heard from them again. So why do I owe $32 to ERC? I'm so mad! I will not pay a bill that I have never received from Dish. Why would I? I want this off my credit report!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

They are claiming I owe a debt AFTER I ported my and my daughter's phones out, I am a victim of cyber bullying, mail theft and Microsoft accounts that have been shut down, two in past year because of fraud. I can't prove who is doing what. These cell phone companies are scamming people. It must be a money maker when you try to keep you phone number you've had for 15 years and port it out. I'm going back to a land line or better yet, tin can and string, lol.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I randomly pulled my credit to find I had a collection from Time Warner. I vaguely recall canceling the service when I switched to AT&T in 2012-ish. ERC alleges I owe 164.07 and they said my last payment to TWC was $161.44. First and foremost, I would never ignore a bill. My credit is important to me. Secondly, TWC never billed me for the alleged "164.07" nor did I ever receive anything from a collection agency. I think TWC actually does this on purpose to people. Or it's ERC... I know of quite a few people that have TWC collections for no reason and since it was 2012, I have no records... my faux pas.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

Enhanced Recovery has called me twice this month, Nov to Dec 2016, but today they misidentified themselves as Enhanced Resource Center. They are calling about a T-MOBILE bill I've never owed from 2012. T-MOBILE has admittedly billed me in error but this continues. It's not on my credit report so not sure why this company thinks I'm going to pay $89. I never will.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

I was informed by Credit Karma that I had a new collections account and when I went looking it appears that it is this ERC people. They are trying to collect on the behalf of TMobile. I will say that I did have an account with TMobile back in the day and I ported over my phone number about a year and a half ago. When I did the porting I contacted TMobile and talked with them about what I owed and what I was doing. TMobile talked to my new company and myself and the representative from TMobile told both of us that I owed nothing and I was completely caught up on my bill. The representative also told us that I was probably going to be getting a refund.

I completed my porting of my phone and continued on with life until I got information saying that TMobile had sold my account to a different collections company (Who is still trying to collect from me as well) and I disputed that as well. That company found my information correct and it is still showing open on my credit report, but is not being reported. Then come October of this year and I have ERC showing that I owe TMobile again. I call them and explained to both TransUnion and ERC and neither of them say that they can help and the only thing I can do is contact The Presidents Office and talk with them. When the girl put me on hold from ERC she came back and told me that no one is available and I have to call back. She didn't give hours or what time zone so I had to ask her and she said that she didn't know that she had to tell me that.

In asking all for a bill showing that I actually owe the money, no one can provide that for me. They are ruining my credit by reporting this twice and not actually listening to the information I have. I suggest that if you ever see them on your credit report that you contact them right away as this is going to be a long fight for you. They don't care and they have no clue as to what they are talking about.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2016

This company ERC reported a false report to the credit companies Experian and Equifax without submitting a social security number. The report was placed on my records. They did not identify the correct person. When I call they wanted to steal my identity. I have disputed the report, but how can I get help to report this company practice and stop them from stealing people's identity. The account number is **. It from DirecTV in Minnesota, which I never lived and never had DirecTV.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

ERC has been informed by me personally that no one who owes them owns this phone or is associated to me in any way. At least 6 times I have told them, both verbally and on their automated system. Nothing changes, they just keep calling. Federal communications commission!!! Please do your job and restrain these jerks. Today the operator was named Tanya **. She is one of many erc cads I have asked not to call. I doubt that they will stop calling. Maybe a class action lawsuit is in order.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

I moved from an old apartment in 2014 and paid my final TWC bill. All of a sudden on 09/2016 I get an alert from Equifax that I have a collection on my report!!! I never received a bill via mail or a call whatsoever. They were sending this mail to another address which I have never resided at. I contacted TWC and they stated account is closed. There is a zero balance. I requested multiple deletion letters by fax and mail and NONE WERE RECEIVED. Every rep tells you something different. I spoke with Nikki ** at the President's Office and she kept claiming they are disputing it or deleting it.

I lodged a complaint with CFPB and I am awaiting a response. This company is absolutely fraudulent in nature. How the credit bureau even accepted this collection is beyond me. If they do not rectify this I will take them to court. They destroy people's credit for a living whether or not the debt is valid. This company should be shut down because upper management are incompetent all the way down the chain. The lowest of the low are employed here to wreck your credit with no DOB or Social to even verify. Shut them down already...

Original review: Sept. 24, 2016

I got a letter claiming I owed money for a phone account I'd paid and closed three years ago, and then found that my credit report had been damaged by ERC's reporting this alleged debt without notifying me, and without even verifying the debt, since the date of last payment is not even listed.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2016

I was first contacted by this agency by phone. When I offered my attorney's name and phone #- the representative hung up. I did contact them via my credit monitoring company. I spoke with a supervisor who tried to get me to admit to the debt. I repeatedly stated that I just needed information. The supervisor seemed to be nice enough. Told him I was disputing it. They agreed not to contact me again while the debt was being validated. Instead of validating it, they did a hard pull of my credit thus lowering my score, among other things. I have contacted an attorney, and will seek redress.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

This company continues to call our business line. Months have gone by and I call them and ask them to remove our number. They never remove our number and keep calling!

Enhanced Recovery Company Company Information