Find a Debt Collection Agencies partner

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Enhanced Recovery Company Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Enhanced Recovery Company?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Enhanced Recovery Company?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

ERC better known as Enhanced Recovery has violated all of the laws that protects me and other consumers against unfair and deceptive practice. They have re-aged a debt that is over eight years old. They lied to Experian credit bureau that this debt was opened on April 27, 2020 in order for the debt to reported. This is a lie.

This company has over 7000 cases against them. They have since changed their names from Enhanced Recovery Company to ERC. On the credit report they added a telephone number of 614-214-5970. If a consumer try to call this number, it is not in service. They refuse to provide the name of their company. If you look for this you would not be able to contact anyone. Their new name is ERC telephone number 1-800-383-5979. Here is their website https://www.ercbpo.com. Oh this website is has all the answers that is misleading to consumers. They need to remove the negative misleading false information that is a direct violation to Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, Federal Trade Commission, The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and unfair practices to the credit bureaus. The statutes of limitation on this debt has long been expired more than four years ago.

Original review: June 23, 2020

I had a debt collector contact me that wouldn't identify herself that was trying to verify old addresses for over 7 years back. I had to argue with her for her to identify that she was trying to collect a debt from sprint. The debt is more than 5 years old but it brought my score recently down 75 points as if it was brand new. Is That legal? What would be a fair resolution to this issue? Well I am not ever paying so stop calling me and I expect it to be off my record when the time is up, which is soon.

Teach your collector to identify herself as such and not fight with me for answers for private information without telling me who she is or why she is asking such questions. Me: who is this what is this about? The collector: "I am won't tell you anything until you answer the following questions." Me, "I am not telling you any ** thing until you Identify who you are?!" Collector, "You need to answer my questions first" No ** no. Resolution drop the debt before I ** sue that is my resolution.

Get buying tips about Debt Collection Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2020

This company has sent a collection letter claiming that I owe 783.08 to a cell phone company. They want to settle for $469.85. I have never done business with the cell phone company that they mention, so the claim is false. I feel like the cell phone company would have sent me a bill before turning it over to a collection company.

Original review: April 17, 2020

I received a call from this company I'm stating that I owe them for a phone bill company Sprint. Not sure if they live in the same world that I am living but there basically no one working this moment due to the Covid-19!! Wrong timing to ask for a debt the I don't even know if it's mine.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Thank you to all who have written in about this "so-called" debt collection company. DO NOT CONTACT THEM AND THROW THE LETTER IN THE TRASH. They are using scare tactics and made up debts. They also sent a letter to my 84 year old mother-in-law about an outstanding AT&T bill that she does not have. Shame on them and don't fall for it.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

First I've had no interaction w/ these people other than to dispute their popping up on my credit report out of thin air after I've diligently worked on my credit for 6 months to generate a score from lack of credit! Their claims of my opening an account in June 2018 could not be further from the truth & I can prove it! They state it's a collection from AT&T/DirecTV. I've never had DirecTV and had an AT&T cell phone over 20 years ago! Seriously? I paid that phone off in full, as 20 years ago cell phones were contracted w/ carrier plans going through the whole process of filling out an application, checking & reporting credit. Point being if I hadn't paid it off it would have reported as collections then & not now. Whether it did or didn't doesn't matter, as it would be too old & they can not repeatedly report.

I find it extremely coincidental that they report this collection debt after I pull all 3 bureaus reports myself and begin establishing a good credit score from having no score. Therefore after I begin getting credit cards this collection company comes out of nowhere wanting money. Seems pretty suspect to me. I have yet too & will not contact these people and have disputed w/ the bureau's and will keep doing so until it is removed. The fact that I'm reading & writing reviews on multiple sites should say it clear enough..... These people are crooks looking to make a buck off of anyone they think they can scam!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I'd received a notice from my credit monitoring app that my credit score dropped. I opened the notification to find a charge from ATT while I was away on military orders. I provided Keyanna my military orders and she was able to make sure that my credit wasn't negatively impacted by a debt that I had no idea of until I got a notice from my monitoring app. She also proactively prepared deletion letters to send off to credit agencies when the problem of the same debt was erroneously being reported against me. While the practice of reporting debts that are being actively paid and are current is terrible, Keyanna has been sure to send off letters to make sure those reports were deleted. I gained points back within the week.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

This company is a farce and needs to be investigated by the FCC for multiple purposeful violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act - among their immediate shortcomings include that they have a known erroneous claim they are holding for over a year without any notice to me nor any attempted contact to me which they simply decided to list on my Credit Report. It seems this potentially criminal behavior is also their business plan as evidenced by the many other similar comments by victimized consumers they damage.

Original review: June 4, 2019

This rogue company keeps "refreshing" the date of a debt I had with Sprint that has long expired under the statute of limitations. At least 13 years has passed since I dealt with Sprint whom sold the debt to ERC. Sprints original claim was for an unpaid bill which included multiple calls to Europe for hundreds of dollars that I did not make. They ignored all my reasoning and evidence. I'm going to have to hire a firm to sue for harassment.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I have been attempting to work with Enhanced Recovery Company for sometime. My client asked that I settle some debts for her. In little time I was able to settle each of them with the exception of the one with ERC. Since late 2018 ERC demanded that a Power of Attorney had to be mailed to them. (keep in mind other creditors allow a POA to be faxed and even scanned straight to them). ERC first provided me with a mailing address which was inaccurate. Then they provided a second address and later claimed they did not receive the POA and to please mail out another.

Finally last week a representative there stated I can email this to them to: POA@ERCBPO.com. Today again they claimed they did not receive it. In speaking to the supervisor, Robert ** he would not confirm that he received the POA. Nor would he provide or confirm the email address to resend it to. In fact he said he could not further help me. Are you kidding! The creditor that we were attempting to payoff is Kohl's. I can tell you they will soon learn about the company they retained, ERC and the person running it, Robert **.

Enhanced Recovery Company Company Information