Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.21/5

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Pioneer Credit Recovery Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pioneer Credit Recovery?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pioneer Credit Recovery?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

On 11/30/18 Bethany called on # 1-302-261-3462, and left a message for me to call her back on a different #, 1-844-622-1807. She said to mention reference number **. I ignored the call because it sounded like a debt collector, and I don't owe any debts. Then Connie called me from the 302# and left the 844 call back# and same reference number and told me it was regarding my neighbor Bryan **. I was shocked that they would call me about my neighbors debt, so I called the 844# and told them to stop calling me for someone else's debt. On 12/18/18 Sharon called me from 1-765-588-5864 and left a message for me to call her back on 1-844-622-1807 regarding Reference number ** and Bryan **. I called the 844# and again told them to stop harassing me for my neighbors debt. I guess we will see how long it takes for them to call me from a different number. If they continue to harass me for someone else's debt I will have to take legal action.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I called them to tell them the IRS has taken close to $20,000 of my tax returns since 2011 on a 2,000 debt. I find out only $80 one year was paid but they've taken all my mortgage interest payments. I asked when was enough enough? 20 min later Enterprise Alabama fire dept, rescue squad, 2 cruisers & an SUV were in my front yard. The police kicked the front door in. I was not clothed. Why are you here??? They received a call from a "neighbor" that I was going to harm myself. One of the responding officers walkie talkie says PIONEER CREDIT!! They called the authorities because I told them I don't owe anything! I want my money back owed me! This happened in the last couple of hours & fortunately I wasn't KILLED by any officers fearing for their lives.

I am completely traumatized & have a front door that is destroyed. That call was retaliatory because I stood up for myself. This is absolutely not the right way to do business! I am awaiting a call back from their corporate office by the end of business today July 30th 2018. This was an abuse of power sanctioned by the IRS. I am scared, never had any police interaction. I must say the police were very respectful, listened to reason. But most of all, had it not been for them, I wouldn't have known that my "neighbor" was this not yet accredited 1 star rated strong arm collection agency. I have everyone's name & employee # that I spoke with. I have also recorded the call same as they do.

Original review: July 30, 2018

This business is calling and leaving voicemails based on "you have a past address that is the same." When I politely requested they stop calling, they got quite snooty and tried to get me to confirm my identity for the numbers in my household. I realize this business needs to get a little shady to collect on many people. I realize they probably deal with bad attitudes all day, but my original request was calm, polite and to the point.

After getting basic information about the request to call back and so forth: "I understand you are trying to do a job, but please do not contact myself or my spouse (lists two numbers for myself and my spouse)." Instead of ending a respectable conversation, snooting, identity and number ownership verification requests ensued. So I raised my voice, added annoyed haste and said "Thank you, have a nice day" and had my spouse call and make the same request. To be fair, the first lady on the phone (who routed us to the person who left the voicemail) was very polite.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I was not given a name of the person that had been so rude and obnoxious, said they were from Pioneer Recovery Systems and I owed Money on a Macy's credit card. I have never had one of these cards in the first place. They call at least three to four times a day, every other week or so. They tell me they have contacted my employer and such, how can this be? I have been retired for nine years now, I have no idea what to do to stop this harassment, very tired of this whole ordeal.

Original review: June 7, 2018

They called my company and my company asked what it’s concerning and they said, "Oh he knows." I called them right away and they wanted my personal info before they would talk to me. When I gave them the last 4 digits of my SSN, they said wrong Sean **. That’s ** that they call my employer about some ** that ain’t mine and leave the wrong impression with my coworkers. This is criminal.

Original review: May 24, 2018

First, everyone should check out YouTube videos of how debt collection agencies operate. There are many different opinions but many speak of them as being a scam. One video I watched last night spoke how many Debt Collection companies operate. Most private debt companies buy a defaulted payment from whoever you owe. They now own the debt - not the company that you owed the money to. (I think this is called a 3rd Party Debt Collection). I just Google searched and found out that Pioneer Credit Recovery is a 3rd party collection company.

What this means is that Pioneer Credit Recovery bought my account from the U.S. Department of Education for pennies on the dollar. I owe $7,400 and that means it is possible that Pioneer Credit Recovery bought my delinquent account for as little as $74. A company will sell our debt because that company has already been paid off. Our debt was either used, by the company we owe, as a tax write-off or it was covered by the company's insurance. So one way or another, they have already been paid.

But, once you enter into agreement with, a 3rd party debt collector, like Pioneer, by answering and giving information on the phone - or from a letter then you've entered into an agreement to pay the debt collector and not 1 cent of what you owe goes back to the company you originally owed because the collection agency now owns your debt. So am still required to pay a debt - but to someone else. And I hear that even if I pay off my debt, it will do nothing to my credit report, which will remain negative for 7 years.

Before I found out this information I entered into an agreement over the phone, accepting their "settlement" offer to pay off a $9,980 debt/school loan that I owe, for $7,400 and pay it off within 90 days. Now that I have the information about 3rd party debt collections I feel like I am stuck. Like I said, I have to pay off the debt and assuming here that not one cent of the debt is going back to the Department of Education who I originally owed. (Assuming my delinquent account with the D of E has already been paid off as a tax write-off , or covered by their insurance company). So naturally I want to pay back as little as possible. I would much rather try to save some of that $7,400 I said I would pay within 90 days and renegotiate the verbal agreement. Can I still renegotiate and pay much less, like for instance renegotiate into a payment plan for $150 per month?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Representatives from Pioneer Credit have used some pretty aggressive and shady tactics. After verification of my location, they still proceed to call my neighbors, professional contacts, and even previous employer. They even had the nerve to ask one of the third parties for my date of birth and social security number. This company is for sure a little shady. Make sure to record the calls and know your rights.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

This is a partner of Navient. They collect on school loans. My loan missed a $50 payment on it and they started calling everyone I have ever known. What has taken me over the edge is this. They called my neighbor a 75-year-old man and asked him to take down a pencil and paper and write the information down and take it next door to give it to me. Are you kidding me? It is not even 30 days late and those are the practices you are taking. Shame on you. The government better look for another company that is ethical in their practices!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Last night at around 8 p.m., which would have made the call placement time (Batavia, NY) around midnight, I received a call from Liz at 1-800-450-3915, wanting all sorts of information about our daughter (an adult). I asked what company or agency she represented and she told me it was Pioneer Credit Recovery, Inc., of which I had never heard. I refused to verify our daughter's last name, address, etc., telling her that "I Never give out information on our children, friends, family, etc." Liz replied, "I totally understand. Would you please give her this reference number and ask her to call me: the reference number is **." I didn't ask her any questions or give her any other information. I have never heard of PCR before and certainly do not know Liz.

I texted all this to my daughter, who texted back a thank you and said she would call the place back today. My daughter has a degree in computerized office management, another bachelor's in criminal justice, and has held very responsible positions. She is an excellent money manager; I find it impossible to believe that she owes anyone anything. I had better Never hear from this collection agency again! I've learned a lot this morning from reading their reviews!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Caller was looking for a different person with the same last name as I use to have. The birthday is different and social security number was different. They have my ex in-laws and my children as possible relatives. I asked them to supply the information that they received those name from but they refused to tell me. All they said was they will block those names that I was related to. This is the 2nd time it happened. They said they would fix it the first time it happened. I spoke to them on the 9th and again today (10-25-17). Obviously it wasn't fixed because once again they were calling family.

Pioneer Credit Recovery Company Information