Call toll free
4.94/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking to invest in precious metals? Orion Metal Exchange has 50 years of experience in this industry and is ready to help you find the best option when it comes to precious metals. Whether you are looking to liquidate, acquire or just receive financial market updates, our experienced team member will be ready to assist you. Contact us today to learn more about our services and process!

BOTTOM LINE

Orion Metal Exchange is ideal for consumers who want to diversify their portfolio with minimal financial risk. The company doesn't charge set-up or IRA transfer fees and provides precious metal storage for up to three years.

PROS

• Free storage of gold and silver
  • Free investor kit
  • No set-up or transfer fees

CONS

• Can’t purchase online

Top Orion Metal Exchange Reviews

01/29/2019

I spoke with Josh. Indicated to him that I had never purchased Metals before, he explained the procedure in a way that was clear to me. I then made a purchase. With his help, the transaction was effortless on my part. I would highly recommend them to anyone wanting to buy precious metals.

08/08/2019

I had a pleasure getting my 401k transferred into gold and silver in my IRA. I received great help and learned a lot in the process, so it was not very stressful. The shipping of the documents was very fast and efficient. I never felt pressured or pushed to make any decision.

About Orion Metal Exchange

Orion Metal Exchange is a full-service precious metals investment dealer providing gold, silver, platinum and palladium coins and bars, as well as individual retirement accounts for gold and silver investments. Additionally, the company offers a variety of storage options, including home safe storage and depository storage.

Orion Metal Exchange products and services

As a full-service precious metals investment dealer, Orion Metal Exchange performs sales, exchanges and the secure storage of bullion coins, bullion bars and numismatic coins. Additionally, the company can help you set up a gold IRA — a 401k account for precious metals with all the same tax-deferment benefits of a traditional IRA.

The benefits of partnering with Orion Metal Exchange for your precious metal needs include a personal, experienced account representative, a generous buyback policy and fast, insured shipping of all Orion coins and bars. Other features include spot pricing, precious metal news and economic event alerts to inform your financial decision-making.

Orion Metal Exchange precious metals storage

The company offers several precious metal storage options:

Residential safe storage
For investors who prefer securing their gold nearby, Orion Metal Exchange offers top-of-the-line home safe options to keep all precious metals secure and within arm's reach.
Vault storage in an off-site depository
Many investors wish to keep their metals in a vault outside the home. Orion Metal Exchange can provide recommendations for a variety of secure, reliable vault storage services in the United States and overseas.
Investing precious metals in an IRA
Since the company believes precious metals are an essential part of any retirement plan, their knowledgeable staff is prepared to help you open a gold IRA. You may also be eligible to roll over an existing IRA into a gold IRA.

Orion Metal Exchange offers free storage of any gold and silver for up to three years, unlike other precious metals investment companies that charge annual storage fees.

Should I open a Gold IRA with Orion Metal Exchange?

Orion Metal Exchange believes those close to retirement have portfolios heavily-weighted in potentially volatile equities that haven't rebalanced in years. These folks are at the most significant risk of losing investments because their retirement portfolios are heavily-weighted in potentially volatile equities. Their solution is a precious metal IRA, which offers security against stock market declines and some tax advantages.

Account representatives at Orion Metal Exchange can help investors open a tax-deferred IRA. These IRAs hold precious metals like bullion coins and bars of gold, silver, platinum and palladium. The account can be funded with cash or with the rollover of an existing retirement account. There are no fees assessed to open or transfer an IRA account, though many other precious metals dealers charge one-time set-up or transfer fees.

Do we recommend Orion Metal Exchange?

Orion Metal Exchange is ideal for persons who may be risk-averse but curious about precious metals investing. Orion doesn't charge set-up or transfer fees, and never charges for precious metal storage for the first three years. We recommend Orion Metal Exchange for its fee-free services, up-to-date market charts and experienced, helpful staff.

Orion Metal Exchange Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: April 10, 2019

I finally decided to invest in Precious Metals, and I could not be happier with my decision. In the last two months, I did a lot of research on my own. However, I found a lot of various websites and “market specialists and experts” who made it seem like they know a lot, but their opinions and views were not reliable. I did not trust any of the online sources, so I decided to call a top-ranked Precious Metals IRA Dealer, Orion Metal Exchange. I spoke with Benjamin and Jacob. During our call, I learned everything I needed to know prior to investing. I did not want to wait any longer and decided to invest right away. The metals arrived yesterday. The shipment was fast and secure. Thank you, Benjamin and Jacob!

Get expert buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Meeting Jacob on a phone call initiated by a referral from someone I know and trust (otherwise the call to Jacob would've never been made) was not only a great pleasure, but it was educational and hugely comforting, as it took a heavy burden off my mind! As I expressed my investment goals, Jacob listened and then gave me his professional insight with numerous options tailored to meeting my needs. A good listener and an unbelievable resource of important information reinforced my decision to invest in precious metals with Orion Metal Exchange, Inc. Important to note is that this took place over several days, with never any sense of being pressured to invest. I spoke with several other commodities exchanges, two of which I had prior dealings, and only Jacob and his team seemed to have a sincere interest in who I was and what my needs were.

After research, I decided to move forward with a couple of Jacob's suggested products, at which time I had the pleasure of being introduced to Griselda, who gave steller service as a member of Jacob's "administrative" team, always professional, enthusiastic, and helpful beyond any of my expectations. To this day, I continue to hear from Jacob on the current commodities and economic climate, and I feel like a member of the Orion family as our relationship remains dynamic and reciprocal. Based on a highly positive experience to date, I have no reservations about recommending anyone to Jacob and Orion Metal Exchange!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I couldn’t be more pleased with Orion Metal Exchange! I am very very satisfied doing business with them thus far. I especially appreciate Jacob **, Senior Partner who did an outstanding job of explaining the ins and outs of commodities market today and supporting his information with solid third party documentation. I also enjoyed and appreciated the professional yet friendly support and communication I had with Griselda who helped me with all aspects of completing my 401k transfer. Jacob also does an excellent job at making himself available to his clients even after the transaction. I have so much confidence in Jacob and his team/Orion that I have since referred both my brother and my BFF who have subsequently done business with them. I am comfortable with my decision to invest with Orion and will continue to refer.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Would you like to know what makes Orion Metal Exchange special? They CARE about you! I loved the service I received from Orion. I am a knowledgeable investor, but I called in to just learn more about the precious metal market and get some insights. I got to speak with Benjamin who was not only very knowledgeable but also very nice. He quickly figured about that at first, I was not into buying anything, so he did not insist on anything. Instead, we just had a casual conversation. After we finished talking, I gave it a few days and decided to move forward with Orion. It’s been a while now since I placed my order, but what matters to me a lot is the fact that I can call Benjamin anytime and speak about the market updates and current microeconomic climate.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

My husband and I are very wary of ordering anything online or over the phone. We are even more cautious of shipping. That last thing I need is for a mail carrier to take an item which is relatively small, very valuable, and easily sold without a trace and just leave it on my doorstep. Needless to say, I did a lot of research before ordering a large quantity of gold and silver. I placed a phone order with Orion Metal Exchange because I heard only good things about this company, and broker over the phone could not have been more helpful. All transactions were documented, easily verified, and completely secure. Shipping was quick and my product was put in my hand and not dropped off unsecured. Orion is definitely your safest bet when buying precious metals in bulk.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orion Metal Exchange?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I had a pleasure working with two people in getting my 401k transferred into gold and silver in my IRA. I received great help and learned a lot in the process, so it was not very stressful. The shipping of the documents was very fast and efficient. I never felt pressured or pushed to make any decision.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

Benjamin is very kind, knowledgable, patient and informative. Every call I had with him I found very useful. I definitely did not waste my time learning about the stock market, economy, and the history of precious metals. I appreciate the fact that before making the final decision, Benjamin made sure I had all the information I needed, and that I understood the entire process. I am very pleased with the decision I made and am confident it will pay off in a few years.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I transferred my IRA, some to gold and some to silver, through Orion Metal Exchange. I strongly believe this is the best option because precious metals store value and government cannot touch them. Especially the way the market is right now, I want my money safe. Thank you Orion Metal Exchange!

Original review: July 10, 2019

I just placed my first order, and my metals should be at my doorsteps in a few short days. It was my first time working with Orion. I wanted to diversify my investments to protect them against various uncertainties. The customer service is professional, the representatives are kind and NOT pushy, and the process is smooth. Highly recommended!

Original review: July 9, 2019

I have been wanting to invest in Gold for a long time now, but recently, gold has been performing so well that I finally decided to buy it. I did some research to find the best company and I came across Orion Metal Exchange. I spoke with Jacob over the phone. He is fantastic! I learned more about the precious metals market in 30 min than I knew before. Also, Jacob explained to me the factors that influence the price of gold. I am happy for my investment and I hope that gold will continue to rise.

Orion Metal Exchange Company Information