2. Finance
  3. Gold Dealers
Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.94/5

Are you looking to invest in precious metals? Orion Metal Exchange has 50 years of experience in this industry and is ready to help you find the best option when it comes to precious metals. Whether you are looking to liquidate, acquire or just receive financial market updates, our experienced team member will be ready to assist you. Contact us today to learn more about our services and process!

BOTTOM LINE

Orion Metal Exchange is ideal for consumers who want to diversify their portfolio with minimal financial risk. The company doesn't charge set-up or IRA transfer fees and provides precious metal storage for up to three years.

PROS

• Free storage of gold and silver
  • Free investor kit
  • No set-up or transfer fees

CONS

• Can’t purchase online

Top Orion Metal Exchange Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orion Metal Exchange?

I spoke with Josh. Indicated to him that I had never purchased Metals before, he explained the procedure in a way that was clear to me. I then made a purchase. With his help, the transaction was effortless on my part. I would highly recommend them to anyone wanting to buy precious metals.

I had a pleasure getting my 401k transferred into gold and silver in my IRA. I received great help and learned a lot in the process, so it was not very stressful. The shipping of the documents was very fast and efficient. I never felt pressured or pushed to make any decision.

Orion Metal Exchange Learn More

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

About Orion Metal Exchange

Orion Metal Exchange is a full-service precious metals investment dealer providing gold, silver, platinum and palladium coins and bars, as well as individual retirement accounts for gold and silver investments. Additionally, the company offers a variety of storage options, including home safe storage and depository storage.

Orion Metal Exchange products and services

As a full-service precious metals investment dealer, Orion Metal Exchange performs sales, exchanges and the secure storage of bullion coins, bullion bars and numismatic coins. Additionally, the company can help you set up a gold IRA — a 401k account for precious metals with all the same tax-deferment benefits of a traditional IRA.

The benefits of partnering with Orion Metal Exchange for your precious metal needs include a personal, experienced account representative, a generous buyback policy and fast, insured shipping of all Orion coins and bars. Other features include spot pricing, precious metal news and economic event alerts to inform your financial decision-making.

Orion Metal Exchange precious metals storage

The company offers several precious metal storage options:

Residential safe storage
For investors who prefer securing their gold nearby, Orion Metal Exchange offers top-of-the-line home safe options to keep all precious metals secure and within arm's reach.
Vault storage in an off-site depository
Many investors wish to keep their metals in a vault outside the home. Orion Metal Exchange can provide recommendations for a variety of secure, reliable vault storage services in the United States and overseas.
Investing precious metals in an IRA
Since the company believes precious metals are an essential part of any retirement plan, their knowledgeable staff is prepared to help you open a gold IRA. You may also be eligible to roll over an existing IRA into a gold IRA.

Orion Metal Exchange offers free storage of any gold and silver for up to three years, unlike other precious metals investment companies that charge annual storage fees.

Should I open a Gold IRA with Orion Metal Exchange?

Orion Metal Exchange believes those close to retirement have portfolios heavily-weighted in potentially volatile equities that haven't rebalanced in years. These folks are at the most significant risk of losing investments because their retirement portfolios are heavily-weighted in potentially volatile equities. Their solution is a precious metal IRA, which offers security against stock market declines and some tax advantages.

Account representatives at Orion Metal Exchange can help investors open a tax-deferred IRA. These IRAs hold precious metals like bullion coins and bars of gold, silver, platinum and palladium. The account can be funded with cash or with the rollover of an existing retirement account. There are no fees assessed to open or transfer an IRA account, though many other precious metals dealers charge one-time set-up or transfer fees.

Do we recommend Orion Metal Exchange?

Orion Metal Exchange is ideal for persons who may be risk-averse but curious about precious metals investing. Orion doesn't charge set-up or transfer fees, and never charges for precious metal storage for the first three years. We recommend Orion Metal Exchange for its fee-free services, up-to-date market charts and experienced, helpful staff.

Orion Metal Exchange Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orion Metal Exchange?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

Jason ** was a very well versed and up to date on what was going on in the precious metals market. I have strongly recommended Orion Metals Exchange to friends and relatives. Five Stars all the way! After contacting many other companies and reading the great things KiPlingers Magazine had to say about Orion Metal Exchange, I contacted Jason ** and was impressed with his patience and knowledge in our first conversations. After many more phone calls, I decided He would be a good person to work with - well versed in what was going on in the market and never any high pressure salesmanship.

Get buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

Not only did Orion provide my company with a great investment opportunity, but they did it with the greatest of service. My own phones were not working properly so we were disconnected several times, but Ben ** was quite quick to respond to my email questions with the most pertinent information. When my own bank would not fund the investment with an ACH transfer, Ben and Griselda (last?) were very helpful by allowing a check to be mailed instead. They were always supportive and empathetic to the plight I was having both with the phone service and the funding bank. I would recommend Orion to anyone who wants to invest in precious metals.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Recently, I sold Orion Meals 12 proof 70 gold coins and a single platinum one ounce proof coin. Up to this point, "things" have moved smoothly, and I'm waiting for email confirmation that my coins have arrived at their destination and that my guaranteed payment is on its way to me. If the process continues as it has, I will be buying very substantial numbers of gold and platinum coins from Orion. If there are any snags, hiccups or unexplained delays, I will not remain a buyer or seller. I believe in the honesty, integrity and transparent policies of Orion Metals, but beliefs require support--especially in speculative, unregulated industries. Please stay tuned. And so enough.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

The best experience I've had compared to other precious metal exchanges. I came across Orion Metal Exchange through Google search because I was not happy with the service I was getting from a well known online metal dealer. I was looking for a local business and after calling a few places I called Orion. They were way different than other metal dealers that I have talked to. They were professional, prompt, and straight forward. I also appreciated that they do not use high pressure sales tactics. I highly recommend Orion.

Original review: May 5, 2020

I did some research before deciding on Orion. I spoke with Jacob several times before deciding on what mix of metals to buy. Transfer to my house was simple, yet a bit costly. Overall my experience was very positive I feel I received the metals I wanted at the right price that will show the greatest margin of profit over time. If there was any negative it is not really with Orion alone, finding the current worth of the coins has been difficult.

Orion Metal Exchange response

Thank you for the positive review. As a friendly reminder, you are able to sell your precious metals back to Orion Metal Exchange without any fees to liquidate. We exclusively offer a liquidation fee free policy to our clients. If you have any questions concerning the current value of your precious metals portfolio, we are only a phone call away. Your precious metals are liquid, and when you're ready to liquidate, we are here for you. Once again, we encourage you to reach out to us with any questions or concerns. This would include any questions concerning the current value of your precious metals portfolio. 1-800-559-0088

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

Extremely professional staff who makes you feel at home when managing transactions. Jacob and staff members are top-gun! Would highly recommend Orion Metal Exchange to friends and have done so (or. Harry **) for retirement precious metals fund. Also acquired physical sliver bullions from Orion and Jacob managed a seamless transaction and metals were delivered to my doorstep safely.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

We had a 403b sitting at a previous employer and decided that we wanted to roll that part of our retirement into a gold IRA. We spent about a month researching several companies before finally picking Orion. The staff was great and they walked us through setting up our account, rolling over the funds and our gold purchase.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

Had an amazing experience with this company. Kevin helped me roll over my IRA to a precious metal IRA. The transaction was smooth and seamless. Will do business with Orion Metal Exchange again. The whole staff was great.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

Everyone is helpful and informative. I am just waiting for the Precious Metals Market to go higher. I cannot say anything bad. Everyone helped me. I was surprised at the purchase amount as opposed to the melt value. When will this outperform and show Precious Metals are worth in which to invest.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

It was a pleasure to work with Michael **. He was informative, professional and trustworthy. I felt very comfortable doing business with him and highly recommend Orion Metal Exchange. The transaction went smooth and I received frequent updates from the company throughout the process. I will definitely be doing business with Orion Metal Exchange again in the future.

Orion Metal Exchange Company Information