2. Finance
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.84/5

Are you looking to invest in precious metals? Orion Metal Exchange has 50 years of experience in this industry and is ready to help you find the best option when it comes to precious metals. Whether you are looking to liquidate, acquire or just receive financial market updates, our experienced team member will be ready to assist you. Contact us today to learn more about our services and process!

BOTTOM LINE

Orion Metal Exchange is ideal for consumers who want to diversify their portfolio with minimal financial risk. The company doesn't charge set-up or IRA transfer fees and provides precious metal storage for up to three years.

PROS

• Free storage of gold and silver
  • Free investor kit
  • No set-up or transfer fees

CONS

• Can’t purchase online

Top Orion Metal Exchange Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orion Metal Exchange?

I spoke with Josh. Indicated to him that I had never purchased Metals before, he explained the procedure in a way that was clear to me. I then made a purchase. With his help, the transaction was effortless on my part. I would highly recommend them to anyone wanting to buy precious metals.

I had a pleasure getting my 401k transferred into gold and silver in my IRA. I received great help and learned a lot in the process, so it was not very stressful. The shipping of the documents was very fast and efficient. I never felt pressured or pushed to make any decision.

Orion Metal Exchange Call Now Toll Free (800) 439-2259 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

About Orion Metal Exchange

Orion Metal Exchange is a full-service precious metals investment dealer providing gold, silver, platinum and palladium coins and bars, as well as individual retirement accounts for gold and silver investments. Additionally, the company offers a variety of storage options, including home safe storage and depository storage.

Orion Metal Exchange products and services

As a full-service precious metals investment dealer, Orion Metal Exchange performs sales, exchanges and the secure storage of bullion coins, bullion bars and numismatic coins. Additionally, the company can help you set up a gold IRA — a 401k account for precious metals with all the same tax-deferment benefits of a traditional IRA.

The benefits of partnering with Orion Metal Exchange for your precious metal needs include a personal, experienced account representative, a generous buyback policy and fast, insured shipping of all Orion coins and bars. Other features include spot pricing, precious metal news and economic event alerts to inform your financial decision-making.

Orion Metal Exchange precious metals storage

The company offers several precious metal storage options:

Residential safe storage
For investors who prefer securing their gold nearby, Orion Metal Exchange offers top-of-the-line home safe options to keep all precious metals secure and within arm's reach.
Vault storage in an off-site depository
Many investors wish to keep their metals in a vault outside the home. Orion Metal Exchange can provide recommendations for a variety of secure, reliable vault storage services in the United States and overseas.
Investing precious metals in an IRA
Since the company believes precious metals are an essential part of any retirement plan, their knowledgeable staff is prepared to help you open a gold IRA. You may also be eligible to roll over an existing IRA into a gold IRA.

Orion Metal Exchange offers free storage of any gold and silver for up to three years, unlike other precious metals investment companies that charge annual storage fees.

Should I open a Gold IRA with Orion Metal Exchange?

Orion Metal Exchange believes those close to retirement have portfolios heavily-weighted in potentially volatile equities that haven't rebalanced in years. These folks are at the most significant risk of losing investments because their retirement portfolios are heavily-weighted in potentially volatile equities. Their solution is a precious metal IRA, which offers security against stock market declines and some tax advantages.

Account representatives at Orion Metal Exchange can help investors open a tax-deferred IRA. These IRAs hold precious metals like bullion coins and bars of gold, silver, platinum and palladium. The account can be funded with cash or with the rollover of an existing retirement account. There are no fees assessed to open or transfer an IRA account, though many other precious metals dealers charge one-time set-up or transfer fees.

Do we recommend Orion Metal Exchange?

Orion Metal Exchange is ideal for persons who may be risk-averse but curious about precious metals investing. Orion doesn't charge set-up or transfer fees, and never charges for precious metal storage for the first three years. We recommend Orion Metal Exchange for its fee-free services, up-to-date market charts and experienced, helpful staff.

Orion Metal Exchange Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orion Metal Exchange?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

Not only did Orion provide my company with a great investment opportunity, but they did it with the greatest of service. My own phones were not working properly so we were disconnected several times, but Ben ** was quite quick to respond to my email questions with the most pertinent information. When my own bank would not fund the investment with an ACH transfer, Ben and Griselda (last?) were very helpful by allowing a check to be mailed instead. They were always supportive and empathetic to the plight I was having both with the phone service and the funding bank. I would recommend Orion to anyone who wants to invest in precious metals.

Get buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Recently, I sold Orion Meals 12 proof 70 gold coins and a single platinum one ounce proof coin. Up to this point, "things" have moved smoothly, and I'm waiting for email confirmation that my coins have arrived at their destination and that my guaranteed payment is on its way to me. If the process continues as it has, I will be buying very substantial numbers of gold and platinum coins from Orion. If there are any snags, hiccups or unexplained delays, I will not remain a buyer or seller. I believe in the honesty, integrity and transparent policies of Orion Metals, but beliefs require support--especially in speculative, unregulated industries. Please stay tuned. And so enough.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

The best experience I've had compared to other precious metal exchanges. I came across Orion Metal Exchange through Google search because I was not happy with the service I was getting from a well known online metal dealer. I was looking for a local business and after calling a few places I called Orion. They were way different than other metal dealers that I have talked to. They were professional, prompt, and straight forward. I also appreciated that they do not use high pressure sales tactics. I highly recommend Orion.

Original review: May 5, 2020

I did some research before deciding on Orion. I spoke with Jacob several times before deciding on what mix of metals to buy. Transfer to my house was simple, yet a bit costly. Overall my experience was very positive I feel I received the metals I wanted at the right price that will show the greatest margin of profit over time. If there was any negative it is not really with Orion alone, finding the current worth of the coins has been difficult.

Orion Metal Exchange response

Thank you for the positive review. As a friendly reminder, you are able to sell your precious metals back to Orion Metal Exchange without any fees to liquidate. We exclusively offer a liquidation fee free policy to our clients. If you have any questions concerning the current value of your precious metals portfolio, we are only a phone call away. Your precious metals are liquid, and when you're ready to liquidate, we are here for you. Once again, we encourage you to reach out to us with any questions or concerns. This would include any questions concerning the current value of your precious metals portfolio. 1-800-559-0088

Original review: May 4, 2020

I want to say how pleased I was with Jacob and everyone else in the Orion team that helped me get my order. It was prompt and everyone helped me feel confident that all would work out, even though the pandemic made this very hard. Jacob was absolutely incredible, searching and helping me find the product at the best price possible. I am so thankful for his help in assisting me and guiding me in my first purchase.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

I would like to compliment Jacob, Ben and Griselda at Orion. My recent transaction was handled professionally and with a commitment to make things go as smoothly has possible. Griselda was active in communicating with me with all steps as they happened. Thank you Orion! I not hesitate to use or recommend your services in the future.

Andy

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

Orion Metals is a full service 5 star service provider. Top quality advice, service, and fulfillment. I have used other dealers, but Orion is the top of heap. I switched my IRA to a self directed metals IRA and purchase metals for delivery. Advice is a grade above the rest. A+ all around, you receive top quality here. A++.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

I was lucky to meet Mr. Benjamin **, he is so nice, trustworthy and a very good listener with a lot of patience... He made sure to inform me all details and answer all my questions... I shall buy again from Orion Metal Exchange, because I shopped around and their price was the best...Thank you Mr. **...

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

Orion has been a top notch Company to deal with. They make every step of the encounter a pleasant one. Had a few jokes along the way that made it a more pleasant experience. They called and checked up on the whole process and walked me through everything. Had trouble signing electronically and she a 3 way conversation to fix our problem with a troubleshooter.

Original review: July 29, 2020

The process was fast and easy. Enjoyed the interaction with the agent and the knowledge that was given since we were novices at Metals/Coin investments. Will most likely continue using this company for further Investments. Jacob was very knowledgeable and provided us with a high level of confidence. I would not hesitate recommending them to Friends or associates.

Orion Metal Exchange Company Information