2. Finance
  3. Gold Dealers
Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.83/5

Are you looking to invest in precious metals? Orion Metal Exchange has 50 years of experience in this industry and is ready to help you find the best option when it comes to precious metals. Whether you are looking to liquidate, acquire or just receive financial market updates, our experienced team member will be ready to assist you. Contact us today to learn more about our services and process!

BOTTOM LINE

Orion Metal Exchange is ideal for consumers who want to diversify their portfolio with minimal financial risk. The company doesn't charge set-up or IRA transfer fees and provides precious metal storage for up to three years.

PROS

• Free storage of gold and silver
  • Free investor kit
  • No set-up or transfer fees

CONS

• Can’t purchase online

Top Orion Metal Exchange Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orion Metal Exchange?

I spoke with Josh. Indicated to him that I had never purchased Metals before, he explained the procedure in a way that was clear to me. I then made a purchase. With his help, the transaction was effortless on my part. I would highly recommend them to anyone wanting to buy precious metals.

I had a pleasure getting my 401k transferred into gold and silver in my IRA. I received great help and learned a lot in the process, so it was not very stressful. The shipping of the documents was very fast and efficient. I never felt pressured or pushed to make any decision.

Orion Metal Exchange Learn More

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

About Orion Metal Exchange

Orion Metal Exchange is a full-service precious metals investment dealer providing gold, silver, platinum and palladium coins and bars, as well as individual retirement accounts for gold and silver investments. Additionally, the company offers a variety of storage options, including home safe storage and depository storage.

Orion Metal Exchange products and services

As a full-service precious metals investment dealer, Orion Metal Exchange performs sales, exchanges and the secure storage of bullion coins, bullion bars and numismatic coins. Additionally, the company can help you set up a gold IRA — a 401k account for precious metals with all the same tax-deferment benefits of a traditional IRA.

The benefits of partnering with Orion Metal Exchange for your precious metal needs include a personal, experienced account representative, a generous buyback policy and fast, insured shipping of all Orion coins and bars. Other features include spot pricing, precious metal news and economic event alerts to inform your financial decision-making.

Orion Metal Exchange precious metals storage

The company offers several precious metal storage options:

Residential safe storage
For investors who prefer securing their gold nearby, Orion Metal Exchange offers top-of-the-line home safe options to keep all precious metals secure and within arm's reach.
Vault storage in an off-site depository
Many investors wish to keep their metals in a vault outside the home. Orion Metal Exchange can provide recommendations for a variety of secure, reliable vault storage services in the United States and overseas.
Investing precious metals in an IRA
Since the company believes precious metals are an essential part of any retirement plan, their knowledgeable staff is prepared to help you open a gold IRA. You may also be eligible to roll over an existing IRA into a gold IRA.

Orion Metal Exchange offers free storage of any gold and silver for up to three years, unlike other precious metals investment companies that charge annual storage fees.

Should I open a Gold IRA with Orion Metal Exchange?

Orion Metal Exchange believes those close to retirement have portfolios heavily-weighted in potentially volatile equities that haven't rebalanced in years. These folks are at the most significant risk of losing investments because their retirement portfolios are heavily-weighted in potentially volatile equities. Their solution is a precious metal IRA, which offers security against stock market declines and some tax advantages.

Account representatives at Orion Metal Exchange can help investors open a tax-deferred IRA. These IRAs hold precious metals like bullion coins and bars of gold, silver, platinum and palladium. The account can be funded with cash or with the rollover of an existing retirement account. There are no fees assessed to open or transfer an IRA account, though many other precious metals dealers charge one-time set-up or transfer fees.

Do we recommend Orion Metal Exchange?

Orion Metal Exchange is ideal for persons who may be risk-averse but curious about precious metals investing. Orion doesn't charge set-up or transfer fees, and never charges for precious metal storage for the first three years. We recommend Orion Metal Exchange for its fee-free services, up-to-date market charts and experienced, helpful staff.

Orion Metal Exchange Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orion Metal Exchange?

Original review: May 5, 2020

I did some research before deciding on Orion. I spoke with Jacob several times before deciding on what mix of metals to buy. Transfer to my house was simple, yet a bit costly. Overall my experience was very positive I feel I received the metals I wanted at the right price that will show the greatest margin of profit over time. If there was any negative it is not really with Orion alone, finding the current worth of the coins has been difficult.

Orion Metal Exchange response

Thank you for the positive review. As a friendly reminder, you are able to sell your precious metals back to Orion Metal Exchange without any fees to liquidate. We exclusively offer a liquidation fee free policy to our clients. If you have any questions concerning the current value of your precious metals portfolio, we are only a phone call away. Your precious metals are liquid, and when you're ready to liquidate, we are here for you. Once again, we encourage you to reach out to us with any questions or concerns. This would include any questions concerning the current value of your precious metals portfolio. 1-800-559-0088

Get buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 4, 2020

I want to say how pleased I was with Jacob and everyone else in the Orion team that helped me get my order. It was prompt and everyone helped me feel confident that all would work out, even though the pandemic made this very hard. Jacob was absolutely incredible, searching and helping me find the product at the best price possible. I am so thankful for his help in assisting me and guiding me in my first purchase.

Original review: April 13, 2020

What I like about Orion Metal exchange is they advertise their prices on-line unlike most of the companies advertising for precious metals IRA’s. And, their prices are very competitive with the internet metal resellers. They do offer advice which is helpful to guide you through the process. It made the experience of starting a PM IRA fairly seamless. They are very transparent as to pricing. At this point in time I’m very satisfied.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

Benjamin is very kind, knowledgable, patient and informative. Every call I had with him I found very useful. I definitely did not waste my time learning about the stock market, economy, and the history of precious metals. I appreciate the fact that before making the final decision, Benjamin made sure I had all the information I needed, and that I understood the entire process. I am very pleased with the decision I made and am confident it will pay off in a few years.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I have been wanting to invest in Gold for a long time now, but recently, gold has been performing so well that I finally decided to buy it. I did some research to find the best company and I came across Orion Metal Exchange. I spoke with Jacob over the phone. He is fantastic! I learned more about the precious metals market in 30 min than I knew before. Also, Jacob explained to me the factors that influence the price of gold. I am happy for my investment and I hope that gold will continue to rise.

Original review: June 22, 2020

Mike was professional, very knowledgeable and took me through process. This was my first time buying precious metals and Mike recommended a Roth IRA for tax benefits. I didnt have a roth ira account before, and this was something I was looking for - a way to diversify my portfolio that wasn't in the stock market.

Original review: June 22, 2020

It seemed that initially when I was enquiring about your service the attention was very good. I didn't like the pressure asking why my check had not been received right away and when it was received I was told the check would not clear for 5-10 days and that my order would not be sent until then. Michael was very nice.

Original review: June 22, 2020

Dealing with Orion Metal Exchange was a great experience. After doing some research I decided to use them for a 401 K Rollover and they guided me every step of the way. It has been a pleasure dealing with Jacob and Griselda. With transactions completed I feel more financially secure.

Original review: June 19, 2020

Good staff to work with. Job was done in an efficient manner. Have a good feeling about the company. Whenever I have problems they were always there to assist me and got back to me in a timely manner. I want to give Orion Metal Exchange my thanks for helping me during this process.

Original review: May 12, 2020

Prior to ordering from Orion I researched online customer satisfaction and found it very high. This was proved by my actual experience. Courteous, precise, no hard sales, full disclosure and timely. Thank you! During the corona virus sheltering time, deliveries took longer than expected but the shipment was received in good order.

Orion Metal Exchange Company Information