GO2bank

Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About GO2bank

GO2bank is an online and mobile banking solution. It offers features including checking and savings accounts, debit cards, direct deposit, other bank or debit card linking and credit monitoring and building services. Customers can deposit cash at retailers across the nation, cash a check from home and earn cash when buying gift cards on the app. There’s no fee to withdraw money from in-network ATMs.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • No monthly fees
  • Overdraft protection up to $200
  • Early access to direct deposit funds
  • Savings account with 1% APY
Cons
  • Direct deposit required for benefits
  • Fees for cash deposits

What is GO2bank?

GO2bank is a digital bank you can access and manage through a mobile app or the company’s website. Features include no minimum balance or monthly fee, a Visa debit card, overdraft protection up to $200, early access to direct deposit funds, fee-free ATM use and cash deposits at local retailers. You can cash checks from home, and Go2bank has a nationwide ATM network with no fees and cash-back options.

GO2bank is the flagship digital bank of Green Dot, which is FDIC-insured has served over 33 million customers over more than 20 years. Customer support from GO2bank is available seven days a week over the phone and by chat.

How does GO2bank work?

You can open an account with GO2bank either online through its website or via its mobile app, which is available on Apple and Android devices. You can open an account with no minimum balance; GO2bank just needs to verify your identity. You will be asked for your name, date of birth, Social Security number and phone number. Supporting documents may be required.

After opening an account, you’ll receive a debit card in seven to 10 days. You can use the card anywhere Visa debit is accepted in the U.S. With GO2bank, you can also:

• Set up direct deposit and access funds up to two days early
  • Cash a check remotely using the app
  • Deposit cash at a participating retailer, including CVS and Walgreens
  • Withdraw money from in-network ATMs with no fee
  • Opt in for overdraft protection up to $200
  • Transfer money from a linked debit card or bank account
  • Apply for a secured Visa credit card and build credit
  • Store money in up to five “vaults” and earn 1% annual percentage yield (APY)
  • Get free access to your Experian credit report, FICO Score and ID theft protection by enrolling in Experian Credit Care Advantage

GO2bank services

GO2bank provides mobile banking services with no monthly fee as long as you've received funds via direct deposit in the previous statement period. The main services Go2bank offers:

• Primary deposit account: Linked to a chip-enabled Visa debit card with no required minimum balance
  • Account management: Remote cash checking, fee-free ATM withdrawals, money transfers from debit cards and bank accounts and cash deposits at retailers
  • Overdraft protection: Gives you up to 24 hours to bring your account positive; up to $200 of protection (depending on direct deposits)
  • Early direct deposit pay: Access to funds up to two days early (up to four days early for government benefits)
  • Cash back: Up to 7% cash back when you purchase an electronic gift card in the GO2bank app
  • High-yield savings account: Has a 1% APY, paid quarterly, on up to $5,000 balance
  • Secured credit card: No credit check or annual fee; monthly credit bureau reporting to help you build or repair credit
  • Fraud alerts: Account monitoring with text messages alerting you of suspicious activity
  • Experian Credit Care Advantage: Quick score increases with Experian Boost, free access to credit report and credit score, credit file locking and ID theft monitoring

GO2bank fees

There is no monthly fee with a GO2bank account as long as you receive direct deposits. If you don’t receive direct deposits, there is a $5 fee per month.

Fee typeAmount
Out-of-network ATM withdrawal$3 (50 cents for balance inquiry)
Cash depositUp to $4.95
Check cashing in app with expedited funds1% or 5% of check amount
Money transfer from linked debit card3% of transfer amount
Teller cash withdrawal$3
Foreign transaction fee3% of transaction amount
Expedited delivery of replacement debit or credit card$24.95

GO2bank FAQs

Is GO2bank a real bank?

Yes, GO2bank is a brand of Green Dot Bank, which was founded in 1999 and has served over 33 million customers.

Is GO2bank FDIC-insured?

Yes, funds in a GO2bank account are FDIC-insured up to $250,000.

What services does GO2bank offer?

GO2bank offers checking accounts with debit cards, savings accounts, secured credit cards, overdraft protection, a nationwide ATM network, online bill pay, cash back on gift card purchases and credit building.

Is GO2bank a prepaid card?

No, a GO2bank Visa debit card is linked to your primary deposit account. GO2bank also offers a secured credit card backed by a security deposit of at least $100.

Is GO2bank legit?

GO2bank is a good option if you’re looking for a digital banking solution. Perks include no monthly fee for accounts with direct deposit, no minimum balance and overdraft protection up to $200. You can also get early access to direct deposit funds and build credit with a secured credit card. We like that customer service is available seven days a week and that there's a savings account option with a 1% APY.

GO2bank Reviews

Stars Rating

• 1%
  • 0%
  • 1%
  • 0%
  • 99%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GO2bank?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GO2bank?
    Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed June 18, 2024

Another scam, this bank and their credit card called Go2Bank. It's a scam and I do not know why they are allowed to work in the USA. I purchased the CC and they needed social Security # to activate it. I DON'T. I called the number on the card and requested a refund. I was told to provide a photo of the debit card, photo of the purchase and cash loading receipt. I instantly provided this information by email, after 3 times calling their customer service, they gave me another Claim #, told that I would receive a refund by mail within 10 days weeks. Received another email with different claim # that the refund is mailed. Today, I called and they said the refund was processed and should arrived in 10 days. They could not answer me, if the refund was mailed or is in process, and they could not answer the email I received with different claim number. Their PO BOX is in West Chester, OH and call center in India. Do not do business with this bank!

Staff

Reviewed June 17, 2024

This is a SCAM, someone had made a withdrawal while I was sleeping and I had my card with me, don't know how this happened and I did a dispute the very same morning when I received the notification and they denied my claim saying that I authorized this transaction, which I didn't. If I did it, then I did but I didn't do this. You guys are a rip off and to have innocent people like myself, this is totally unfair.

Get buying tips about Online Banks delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer Service

Reviewed April 13, 2024

I have been with GO2bank for close to a year now. I basically use it for small transactions online because it's convenient, plus I wanted to try online banking vs the usual brick and mortar banking to weigh the pros and cons. Go2bank has very poor customer service and are hard to communicate with if you only speak English. I have issues with the amount of time it takes to receive refunds or make deposits because they keep the in "pending" mode where those funds are unaccessible until they do their job to clear them. I have had issues with how rude their customer support is and they are known to hang up on you or cut off your online chat.

I have read other reviews and was surprised to see the countless number of bad reviews they have. Part of Go2bank's problem is that nobody complains about them and their shady practices to the proper authorities or follow through with their complaints. File complaints with the FTC and if everyone did this Go2bank would be no more. Many of these complaints I have read about them appear to be criminal.

Verified purchase
      Sales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed April 7, 2024

They charge monthly fees. It's the biggest scam in the online banking industry. I "owe" you guys money, because I refuse to put more than $150 in that account, because somehow $400 went missing. Every time I look it's another notice about an overdraft fee. I DON'T USE THE CARD. HOW CAN IT BE OVERDRAFT!?!? They have zero perks. They're basically charging you to hold your money.

Reviewed March 27, 2024

Go2bank got my address wrong on the account, now they locked my account and I'm responsible for and can't get into my account or log out and receive my funds that I worked hard for Go2bank is a fraud.

Price

Reviewed Jan. 26, 2024

The worst experience of my life. Go2bank prevented me from being able to make the purchase of a lifetime. It was a very nice vehicle for a very kind price. Probably the kind of deal I'll never find again. They did not allow me to pull more than $3,000 a month out of my account in cash making it impossible for me to purchase this vehicle. Therefore I lost the deal. We had to go with the vehicle that I do not even care for. It would be very hard to find a vehicle for only $3000 that's worth buying. Since when did people use banks that don't allow them to use their own money when they want to use it in the amount they want to use.

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever been part of in my life. I thought banks were there to keep your money safe for you and allow you to use it as you need it. I did not know that they were in charge of how much of it you could use and when you could use it. My mistake but it's a mistake I'll never make again. If you're thinking about signing up with Go2bank I would think again. In fact I would run with smoke coming off my shoes. I wish I would have read the fine print. That's exactly what they told me I should have done and they were right anyways, bottom line, Go2bank sucks. Go somewhere else.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Jan. 24, 2024

These people are scammers. I have been waiting on a refund check for a locked acct on their behalf for over 2 months. Contacted them today and they said they sent out an email to me to verify who I am.. I never received an email..They just keep people's money. You have been warned. Do not do business with these people.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Jan. 7, 2024

Go2Bank is the worse, I called them because for two days in a row, I tried taking money out of my account and the ATM kept reading "Contact your Financial Institution." I did not understand why when I know I had more than enough money in this account. So after trying the second day while on my lunch break, and I got the same message, I went back to work and called Go2bank asking them why wasn't I able to get money out, so the rep who hardly spoke any english check and said, "Ma'am you're not able to get money out because you exceeded your daily amount" ($500). I said, "How, when I am calling you because it won't allow me to take any money out?"

She went on to tell me that within two day there were several hundreds of dollars, all ATM transactions taken from my account, I almost passed out when she told me that, she asked me if I had my card and I told her yes, it's in my hand. I told her that I did not make any ATM transactions and a lot of them were made in a town I did not live in or near where I live. She told me that she first canceled the card and ordered me a new card with new number, she transferred me over to the dispute department, they sent me a form to fill out and told me to write a letter disputing the charges, I did and sent it back to them immediately, they told me that it could take up to 10 days for the investigation, well once I sent the documents back, the very next day.

2-3 days later, I received an email saying that they investigated and came to the conclusion that I authorized these charges and that they were not going to give me my money back, I was devastated. Someone violated what was mine over $1000 within 2 days and they blamed me. I called back to have them reopen the case and they told me that this was their final decision, and I continued telling them that this is wrong and I need to speak to someone higher, the rep told me that her supervisor is going to tell me the same thing. I told her, "Well I still want to speak to your supervisor," she told me that the supervisor would call me within 24hrs.

It's been several days and no one has called me. So I called them back and received the same treatment and told the same thing, she told me that they do not have a direct line to the investigation team. So basically they want me to accept that fact that someone stole money from me and they are not willing to help me, who has been a loyal customer up until this happened, I am going to continue to fight this. I have a police report and plan to seek legal action against this company GO2Bank. I am also going to terminate my business with them, they are not for their customers and I hope they go out of business. I don't recommend anyone to use this bank, they don't stand up for their customers. They just lost a good customer. PLEASE BEWARE OF GO2BANK!!!!

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed Jan. 1, 2024

Filed a dispute, you hung up on me 6 times, you lied about the provisional credit. It's all a lie. You are scam. Will contact local law enforcement agencies. You are a rip off bank. You took 249.00 from my account and did not pay it back like you said you would

Staff

Reviewed Nov. 18, 2023

I read social media about this account and decided to try it out first. It said if you sign on it gives you a $1000 sign on bonus which never happen so I came to this site and wow so glad I never used the account yet and I will be cutting up my card. Thank everyone for the information.

GO2bank Company Information