This profile has not been claimed by the company. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
GO2bank is an online and mobile banking solution. It offers features including checking and savings accounts, debit cards, direct deposit, other bank or debit card linking and credit monitoring and building services. Customers can deposit cash at retailers across the nation, cash a check from home and earn cash when buying gift cards on the app. There’s no fee to withdraw money from in-network ATMs.
Overall Satisfaction Rating
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 stars
- No monthly fees
- Overdraft protection up to $200
- Early access to direct deposit funds
- Savings account with 1% APY
- Direct deposit required for benefits
- Fees for cash deposits
GO2bank is a digital banking solution that's available through a mobile app or the company website. Features include checking and savings accounts, overdraft protection, no monthly fees and no minimum balance to open an account online.
What is GO2bank?
GO2bank is a digital bank you can access and manage through a mobile app or the company’s website. Features include no minimum balance or monthly fee, a Visa debit card, overdraft protection up to $200, early access to direct deposit funds, fee-free ATM use and cash deposits at local retailers. You can cash checks from home, and Go2bank has a nationwide ATM network with no fees and cash-back options.
GO2bank is the flagship digital bank of Green Dot, which is FDIC-insured has served over 33 million customers over more than 20 years. Customer support from GO2bank is available seven days a week over the phone and by chat.
How does GO2bank work?
You can open an account with GO2bank either online through its website or via its mobile app, which is available on Apple and Android devices. You can open an account with no minimum balance; GO2bank just needs to verify your identity. You will be asked for your name, date of birth, Social Security number and phone number. Supporting documents may be required.
After opening an account, you’ll receive a debit card in seven to 10 days. You can use the card anywhere Visa debit is accepted in the U.S. With GO2bank, you can also:
- Set up direct deposit and access funds up to two days early
- Cash a check remotely using the app
- Deposit cash at a participating retailer, including CVS and Walgreens
- Withdraw money from in-network ATMs with no fee
- Opt in for overdraft protection up to $200
- Transfer money from a linked debit card or bank account
- Apply for a secured Visa credit card and build credit
- Store money in up to five “vaults” and earn 1% annual percentage yield (APY)
- Get free access to your Experian credit report, FICO Score and ID theft protection by enrolling in Experian Credit Care Advantage
GO2bank provides mobile banking services with no monthly fee as long as you've received funds via direct deposit in the previous statement period. The main services Go2bank offers:
- Primary deposit account: Linked to a chip-enabled Visa debit card with no required minimum balance
- Account management: Remote cash checking, fee-free ATM withdrawals, money transfers from debit cards and bank accounts and cash deposits at retailers
- Overdraft protection: Gives you up to 24 hours to bring your account positive; up to $200 of protection (depending on direct deposits)
- Early direct deposit pay: Access to funds up to two days early (up to four days early for government benefits)
- Cash back: Up to 7% cash back when you purchase an electronic gift card in the GO2bank app
- High-yield savings account: Has a 1% APY, paid quarterly, on up to $5,000 balance
- Secured credit card: No credit check or annual fee; monthly credit bureau reporting to help you build or repair credit
- Fraud alerts: Account monitoring with text messages alerting you of suspicious activity
- Experian Credit Care Advantage: Quick score increases with Experian Boost, free access to credit report and credit score, credit file locking and ID theft monitoring
There is no monthly fee with a GO2bank account as long as you receive direct deposits. If you don’t receive direct deposits, there is a $5 fee per month.
|Out-of-network ATM withdrawal||$3 (50 cents for balance inquiry)|
|Cash deposit||Up to $4.95|
|Check cashing in app with expedited funds||1% or 5% of check amount|
|Money transfer from linked debit card||3% of transfer amount|
|Teller cash withdrawal||$3|
|Foreign transaction fee||3% of transaction amount|
|Expedited delivery of replacement debit or credit card||$24.95|
- Is GO2bank a real bank?
- Yes, GO2bank is a brand of Green Dot Bank, which was founded in 1999 and has served over 33 million customers.
- Is GO2bank FDIC-insured?
- Yes, funds in a GO2bank account are FDIC-insured up to $250,000.
- What services does GO2bank offer?
- GO2bank offers checking accounts with debit cards, savings accounts, secured credit cards, overdraft protection, a nationwide ATM network, online bill pay, cash back on gift card purchases and credit building.
- Is GO2bank a prepaid card?
- No, a GO2bank Visa debit card is linked to your primary deposit account. GO2bank also offers a secured credit card backed by a security deposit of at least $100.
Is GO2bank legit?
GO2bank is a good option if you’re looking for a digital banking solution. Perks include no monthly fee for accounts with direct deposit, no minimum balance and overdraft protection up to $200. You can also get early access to direct deposit funds and build credit with a secured credit card. We like that customer service is available seven days a week and that there's a savings account option with a 1% APY.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 3,933,332 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
Go2Bank digital banking app is by far the leader in the industry. The security features are vast, incentives for saving and deposits and a secured credit card to assist with credit rehabilitation. Definitely the new GOAT.
Every day or other day I'm always dealing with my card being locked! Even though I use my card at the same hotel every day. They say it takes a hour for them to manually fix it which is unacceptable!!! I wait a hour not fixed! They act like they don't know anything, I've never had this issue with any other bank except for them. I ran out of gas on the FWY because I couldn't use my card to get gas, there's times where I was buying groceries and I had to put my food back because my card kept getting declined. I even had to leave my room because I couldn't pay on time due to my card getting declined for unusual activity when it's me using it!!! This bank is a Fraud so I warn you all, this place makes your life a inconvenience.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
Poor bank poor services. 5k was stolen from me. Did a dispute. Go2bank never gave my money back. Didn’t even try. They said I stole my own money. Wow. YEAH Don't bank WITH them EVERRrrrrrrrrrrr again.
Green Dot made me switch to Go2 bank. Transferred 20 dollars to go2. My address is a P.O. Box. I’ve tried every way to get my 20 dollars back. I’ve been lied to over and over. They have the most incompetent help ever . Spoke with supervisors there impossible. They're holding my 20 dollars hostage because I have a P.O. box . Us mail does not come to my home address. Therefore I can’t get my money. The worst unethical company ever. My advise don’t ever use their card. If you have a P.O. Box for an address your screwed. They are rude and a complete rip off. Their customer service is a bad joke. I can’t say enough BAD things about GO2Bank. They are the worst at everything known to man!!!!
Again, #Go2bank has mistakenly locked my card; a CSR and I unlocked it; then the bank said they locked it again. I informed them I needed it for an emergency. Lucho refused to unlock it. Waiting for team to manually unlock it. Bank endangers customers and won't answer phone. People need their debit cards.
I recently bought a Go2bank prepaid card. I put 485 dollars in the card and when I went to go activate it they said I couldn’t. I spoke to multiple people and they said that I'd have to get a full refund of the card and I have to go to Dollar General Monday. I went there Monday and they said the card was used and all the money was taken out of the card. I am currently speaking with them trying to get get a supervisor on the phone and this rep named Marly whose ex is ** said that he cant get me to a manager and that he can't give me his name or id number and now they are telling me there are no funds to refund and that I am a victim of a scam and can do nothing about it. I am very disappointed and angry.
I was switched to Go2Bank from Green Dot and told my account would be closed if I did not. I have a friend who has never been switched over and still has Green Dot. He was never required to switch. I used Green Dot's bill payer service, but Go2Bank does not have it according to my account, although they say they do. Customer service doesn't know why?!?
GO2bank Company Information
- Company Name:
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.